Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Gio Giorgio Armani for women

Gio Giorgio Armani for women
dislike

Gio Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Gio Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Gio Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Gio Giorgio Armani for women Pictures

This fruity-floral was created in 1992. Gio is the essence of “Armani Woman”. She is tender, innocent and unpredictable. This perfume is named after the nickname given to Giorgio Armani by his friends. Top notes are tangerine, peach and rosewood. At its heart , white flowers, gardenia and tuberose, lend their feminine character. The base is composed of vanilla, sandalwood and amber. The nose behind this fragrance is Fran.

Red Rose Sicilian Mandarin Violet Jasmine Bergamot Brazilian Rosewood Hyacinth

Carnation Tuberose iris Orange Blossom Gardenia Cassia Orris Root Peach White Flowers Cloves Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Myrrh

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Cedar Styrax

Fragile

Gio Fragrance Reviews

lairderien
lairderien

How could I forget this wee beauty! One of the joys of Fragantica is coming across reviews for lost & forgotten loves. This was a typical early 90s powerhouse of a perfume - lots of lovely, heady tuberose. I wish I could get my hands on a bottle - I however am reluctant to pay the ridiculous amounts some Ebay sellers are charging (shame on you). If anyone in the UK has an unwanted bottle that they would like to swap or even decant, I will be your friend forever :-)

Update: Managed to purchase a full bottle from Ebay for a fairly reasonable price. Its just as wonderful as I remembered. Peaches and Tuberose on a woody, amber base. I get a slight spicy note also? It IS heady though - more than one spray might offend....

velvetrose23
velvetrose23

Once a upon a time I owned this perfume back in 1995....while it smelled divine in the bottle,and lovely on my skin. It was so strong that it would give me a headache. eventually I gave it way. I remember it was the tuberose,and gardenia that was very strong,and I think the cause for the headaches. It's a shame because I do like these notes in a perfume. This perfume is very beautiful.

Simply beautiful.<3

beccamm
beccamm

At last I have finally found another fragrance which resembles the beautiful (discontinued) Gio - (IMO anyway)- Diptyque Do Son

I smelled my old sample again and again I think that this is the only Armani that had good reason to exist, together with the first one he launched.
After those ones, I didn't like one single Armani anymore, at least in the mainstream channel. I never experienced the more exclusive fragrances.

dazzlin9
dazzlin9

I miss this smell a lot! Strong but nice.. i have burberry london and i can smell gio in it. Does anyone smell it too in London?

Lily2911
Lily2911

Why the hell do they discontinue such beautiful fragrance and replace it with dull acqua di gio line ?? Bring it back Mr Armani and stop launching very generic scents!!! And by the way bring also the original Armani for woman back, it is a shame to kill such a master piece!

cat@hft5
cat@hft5

Her Favourite Things is stocking up on the original at the end of March 2014. Email: herfavouritethingsuk@gmail.com.

simee
simee

Gio IS NOT DISCONTINUED!!! It is still being manufactured in EUROPE and you can find it in any airport Duty-free...I bought one cellophane wrapped there and another in a cosmetic sale. Just as Joop femme is still being manufactured and is avail. in Europe.

flowertango
flowertango

Gio, I love you! Who created you? Giorgio, himself?
Giorgio, se e giusto ti sposo...
I just found a bottle today and bought it. The one I used is nearly empty. I am the happiest woman of the world!!!!!!!!!
Gio, you are going to follow me a few more time.

girlsworld
girlsworld

1993 bought for me in Paris whilst wearing armani jeans ! a true 90's fragrance the jeans still exist shame this perfume has been discontinued.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Interesting how fragrance companies work. This is supposed to be discontinued and yet it's included in the Giorgio Armani mini set along with 4 other current fragrances. Quite cruel when you think about it - getting newcomers addicted to it then they can't get a big bottle of it!
I also have Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings and they are very similar - Gio is perhaps slighlty creamier.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

Ah Gio, parting was such bittersweet sorrow. Why did they ever let such a beautiful fragrance fade into memory to make room for the newer and frankly, generic scents? I recall when the pair arrived at the perfumeria where I worked, this one and its counterpart, Acqua di Gio...and here is my review of Gio:

Gio, once warmed by the skin...is inviting, comforting and as dreamy as they come. The amber notes paired with creamy florals warm the subtle fruity undertones. The experience that came to mind was similar to that as a soporific embrace in a luxurious cashmere sweater while listening to Vivaldi in a garden at night, midsummer.

It is harmonious, elegant, romantic, soothing, yet cradles you with the warmth of flowers that are still modestly radiating heat from a cloud free afternoon. Sensually stimulating yet, unimposing. It entwines without asphixiating the person present. It is a simple and unique pleasure that shall remain fondly remembered, once upon a time.

lollotyp
lollotyp

The best Armani of the History of this brand, i give to this Masterpiece of High Quality 10/10, and a large smile of joy!

Obanonatto
Obanonatto

When I smell this scent, I have one small 50 ml and it is my Holy Grail ... when I smell Gio By Armani, I'm always speechless.
I can not describe her powerful beauty, and I feel confused, because I have many perfumes, 144 to be exact, but GIO scares me, it's too complex for me. I love IT but I can not explain its beauty. And 'fascinating, but terrible. I love it, GIO hypnotizes me with Power and Beauty.
10/10 Pure Perfection.

KaseyC
KaseyC

I like this scent and am disappointed to know it's discontinued. Today at Marks & Spencer, I tried some perfumes and found one 95% close to the scent of Gio. This perfume is called Lyn Harris La Fleur Eau de Parfum , which is not documented in the Fragrantica database. It is very similar to Gio but it lacks the depth, sophistication and longevity. But it's a good replacement if you like Gio.

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

Deep, rich, classical 'old school ' floral, very complex and natural smelling. It's a pity they don't produce such a quality scents nowadays. Reminds me of Wings B Hills in some ways.

supernal light
supernal light

This is the most beautiful fragrance ever. Can't believe that it's been discontinued. I love this and only have a tiny drop left...woe is me.. where can I buy some more of this gorgeous heavenly delight??

Artemis145
Artemis145

Love this gorgeous,unique fragrance. So many memories it evokes! Yet another discontinued favourite. Would just love to smell it again.

It was fashionable many years ago and I did like it, perhaps the only Armani's fragrance I ever liked.
I still own a sample.
It's a very thick white floral with a special floral sweetness the kind you smell directly from flowers, no sugar. The white notes are perfectly completed by warm tones of wood and vanilla and the whole blend smells warm, feminine and cosy.
It's radiant but not subtle. Probably considered out of its time now, but it was such a treat in cold winter on a wool jumper!

Azzrian
Azzrian

I miss this scent so very much. I am so tempted to purchase on Ebay but I am worried it will be rancid. If anyone has some to sell or knows of a good place to buy please let me know. This perfume takes me back as it does many of you to my 20's. I long for this. Unfortunately it seems my second favorite scent is also being phased out. Whats with that?

kquarles
kquarles

My favorite perfume of all time! I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could afford to pay $250 - $300 a bottle.

GlobalGirlyGirl
GlobalGirlyGirl

You saved me on that overnight ferry from the Amalfi Coast to Sicily. That boat smelled dank and disgusting. The smell was overwhelming from my top bunk, and I could not sleep. A couple sprays of you helped me drift off into dreamland. I woke up refreshed to a crew man banging on the doors alerting us we were about to dock in Palermo.

Gio is complex and delicious. I lean gourmand, and Gio appealed to me. It is sweet, spicy, and subtly sexy.

Picture a woman waking up in the strong arms of her Italian lover on crisp, white sheets. The window is open, and she notices her black cocktail dress and stilettos on the floor. She smiles as the night of passion ends and a new day begins.

mashuda
mashuda

I would just like to thank the reviewer that said that giorgio beverly hills wings smells like this'. I ordered my beverly hills on a blind buy just from the review and it arrived today.......maaaaaan. it transported me back to my late teenage years! Awesome. It really is the same as gio, my long lost perfume........very subtle differences but very much the same.

boruvka44

I recently bought a botlle of Gio (Austrian duty free shop) with a code 38H81S on the bottom. I checked cosmetic expiration calculator found on the internet and it says the bottle was manufactured in August 2011! Did they really discontinue it??

klix27
klix27

i purchased this in 1996 and still keep it until now (2013). Smells the same and great that i agree this perfumes smells expensive and classy. though im a male, i dont know why i like this perfume so much. Very very long lasting and sillage is huge. i dont find any other perfumes come close to its sophistication. However i once got severe headache while wearing this hahaa... (sometimes it smells too overpowering and mind distracting). That never stops me from loving it either. i heard it is already discontinued, and im blessed to have it in my collection.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

the best Armani perfume I wore..So beautiful!! I need to get a new one..Hope it still is around.

Mozartiana
Mozartiana

This is without any doubt, my favorite perfume of all times. I whish I knew who is the master mind behind this fragrance, because this is truly something special. I remember the days when all the women I met smell either on Gio, Tresor or Vanezia. Those few years at the beginning of the nineties marked an end of an era of glorious perfumes that brought us masterpieces like Opium, Poison and Obsession. Gio is a predominantly floral perfume, however, the other notes are mixed in such a way that you can hardly smell it. The silage and longevity of Gio is monstrous you can only wash it off, and yet even a wash, the scent will still linger on your clothes. When you want to feel like you're on top of the world, put a drop on Gio and that's where it will take you.

one of the best ever...

hmoncsi73
hmoncsi73

This is my favourite fragrance. Just reminds me when I was in my early twenties in the 90s. Nothing can be compared with this beautiful, sexy and very unique blend of flavours! Simply the best! I wish we could get it at every corner. It is a shame that it has been discountinued.

Giolove
Giolove

I've worn this perfume and nothing else ever since it came out. I've tried to find something comparable but I haven't found one that's even close to this scent. I'm not a flowery type of woman and most definitely am not a fan of the heavy cloying scents that many wore right before this came out. To me it is the perfect blend of fruity and spice. Although its been discontinued for years now I still find it on various sites but I've found that sometimes I end up with a bottle that has an undercurrent of rancid something so at the prices I'm now paying it can be quite upsetting. I have very sensitive skin and most perfumes make me itch and break out in hives. Everywhere I go I look for it and when I find it, I buy in bulk but its definitely getting harder and harder to find. The natural scent of my skin mixes beautifully with this work of perfection as the day wears on instead of getting musky like all the others I've tried. It's a very distinctive scent and I find it very sensual and it makes me feel as beautiful as a spring rain. I love it and I always will but I have smelled it on others and it doesn't become them. Their skin type turns it into a cloying overpowering, almost like old spice smell which is not appealing but for me it's perfect. I've spent so much money trying to find one to replace it and its just not out there. The scents they have now are overwhelmingly fruity or flowery and me and my skin just can't stand them. They make me sneeze or give me headaches especially in a confined space. I've got a very acute sense of smell and taste so I smell things that others don't, tastes things that others don't. I like the smell of other perfumes and have found that after about a half hour they have turned into a smell I cannot tolerate. I've worn it everyday for 20 years and love it just as much today as I did back then. It is in my eyes the perfect mixture of sweet, fruity and spicy and I find that it's like fashion. You figure out what works for you, what makes you feel beautiful and as long as you have the self assurance to know what that is well designs come and go but classics, their always in style. To GIO with love, TLC.

marzena.michalska.44
marzena.michalska.44

One of my fav. The strongest perfume i used.
Bring it back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soie
Soie

I recall this as having an intensive note of ylang-ylang, which made it smell something like corn muffins to my nose.

cbishton
cbishton

I used to wear this in the early 90's. I remember it being a heavier cold weather evening perfume - a little mature, sophisticated and rich. I can't say that I even liked it but I remember the era well. I was young, in my mid-twenties, and was traveling a lot. I felt very sophisticated as I had just returned from living in London for a year and a half. This was one of those fragrances you own because it evokes a certain lifestyle but it didn't identify me. I preferred the green Acqua di Gio, that fragrance was fabulous - one of the best, sexiest, warm weather scents ever.

I don't know how I got so lucky as to get my hands on a 1.7 oz bottle of PURE PARFUM. I had never smelled Gio before, and I can safely say that it's exquisite. I love the seamless blending of honeyed peaches, creamy white flowers, and intense clove. The stryax/benzoin is so pleasantly pronounced.

I can't wear Tresor or Amarige--they are very sour to my nose. Gio is not sour, but it's also not sweet. The newly-bloomed florals lend a natural sweetness, and I detect strong tuberose and gardenia.

Gio transports me back to the sunny warmth of Tuscany. I can see myself sitting in the Piazza, eating my nocciola gelato...

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

In 92 when this perfume was released I bought my first bottle. I was 20 at the time and wore it for years. I agree with the women who are saying that this is a very typical 90's perfume. It is heavier but it is very beautiful!! Sorry it has been discontinued!! I wouldn't wear this every day but this is a nice scent to have in your collection to wear from time to time. I think it may be too heavy for long hot summer days. I think it is better suited for spring and fall and perfect for evenings. I recently bought a small 5ml mini just for those moments when I feel nostalgic and want to remember my sweet 20's. Ahhhhhhh!!!

boruvka44

As much as i wasn´t impressed couple years ago when i tried it the first time, as much i love it now. For untrained nose there are too strong yellow and white flowers with typical 90`s sweet heavy base. Once you like it, it`s heavenly, like a meadow in a sunny day. It evokes marsh marigold, daisies, of course gardenia and just a little bit of tuberose, cedar, vanilla and powder + a lot of sweet mellow peach.
Strong, ultra feminine, elegant, tender

I wonder why they discontinued such parfume. Discontinuing good old ones won`t make one buy the new stuff.
Does anything smell similar to Gio? (flowery sweet, warm, dry, not chemical)
Amarige smells so cheap compared to Gio, even if they share many notes.

mimi0377
mimi0377

I have worn this perfume since I was 16 (18 years). I absolutely adore it. It is different than anything else I have tried. I am down to my last 2 bottles and I don't know what I will do when I am done. This scent is ME. Everyone who's known me smells me and and says, "ahhh, Jamie." It is one of a kind. It smells like a woman.

elisa.fuentes briones
elisa.fuentes briones

it is so different from all. it lasts forever. love it

Rose Hip
Rose Hip

I loved it back in the 90s. Now it brings many memories, so I could buy a bottle just as a sentimental journey.
It is strong, heady and beautiful.
A smell for a brunette,perhaps?

rafaella
rafaella

i smell tuberose in the midlle and at last i smell ylang-ylang and vanilla, marvelous combination. the drydown is clean and i think a little bit sweet, maybe the yllang-ylang follow. for me is a very wearable fragrance, very nice and soft and light sweet and fascinating. complex and masterpiece.

me79
me79

I just PURCHASED a 1.7 oz BRAND NEW EDP Spray from Ebay for, are you ready $112.00 ! Yes, I LOVE it THAT MUCH !

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

just really doesn't work for me, I remember as a teen I used to love this but now all i smell is a serious buttery gardenia, i dont like it at all

Kind of did a blind buy luckily the bottle was only a little less than half full, would have been upset if I payed the high price for a full :/

Not to offend anyone but I really think this pefume is highly over rated

queops
queops

tuberose and tuberose

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

This one was my first Armani's perfume a long long time ago. I used to like it, but not anymore. It was so popular in the early 90's and I was attracted to it by its soft and warm scent.

mymlan
mymlan

Gio EdP is such a surprise to me, and I love it. The anonymous bottle has never drawn my attention before. I guess I thought the content would be somewhat watery. However, looking at the notes I understand my adoration as I'm both a lover of white heady flowers (tuberose, gardenia) and florientals in general.

But what makes this fragrance so extraordinairy beautiful is the delicious fruit notes in the top. The opening smells somehow like a fruity chypre, also favourite family, but then it transforms itself to a spiced up creamy white floral. The fleating fruits sweetens it though in the most pleasant way and evens out possible sharp edges. The base is smooth and comforting.

Strangely it reminds me of Must the Cartier in its composition. Gio's like an odd but beautiful combination of many fragrance families: fruity chypre, white floral, floriental... A strange mix that could go very wrong. But here, and in Must, the result is stunning.

I guess I got to have Gio as well, what happend with my ambition to downsize?

stelladoro
stelladoro

It's fascinating how differently people perceive fragrance - I love Gio - and still have two bottles in safekeeping. I wear it all the time, so spicy (from the floral notes) and floral at the same time. Generally I prefer spicey oriental fragrances, but Gio really latched onto me. The sillage is wonderful, it lasts at least 24 hours on me and I always receive lavish comments when I wear it. I don't care for the current fruity floral orientals - why would anyone want to smell like food?
My favorite floral, I highly recommend it.

@ Lydialiu I dont belive this smells anything like ''opium or Shalimar'' at all

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I have a bottle that I've owned since the 90's, it is strong, and does last a long time, I'm guessing why that's why I still have it?? lol, still smells wonderful. I know some love this, it's just really not for me anymore, my nose I suppose has changed, this is not something I will be wearing

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

Very 90's, very heavy and definitely not for everyone.. Personally, I have always liked it, it dries down so well on my skin after a loud and powerful start and just stays forever.. I wish there would be a Eau de Gio, a softer version of this unique beautiful scent (Aqua di Gio smells nothing like a less intense Gio). I think this would appeal to more people if it was watered down a bit. Gio is amazing for night use, and if worn by the right woman, it can be intoxicating! In a good way!

Klee
Klee

Loud! It's really a 80s fragrance but I love it. Have been wearing it lately, even though it's Summer. My office is air conditioned. It's been discontinued so you have to pay almost $150 for it. It's worth though!

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

A peachy spicy chypre. Very rich, opulent. Heavy on the tuberose. Intoxicating. Stays close to the skin, which is nice for such a rich fragrance.

onimoka
onimoka

I will agree with "cisco", it has deep and creamy base. Romantic, not heavy, very aromatic and good balanced fragrance. Cannot understand why it is discontinued. I had one bottle of Gio EdP 100 ml for three years now and it is still fresh. Today i ordered second bottle. I realised now, that i need to use it some time, instead of just keeping it locked in the box. I always got complements from both women and men. Usually, i would save it for colder times, but i was "saving" it for so long now that i forgot how wonderful this fragranse is. So i am using it now :) For those who do not know this fragranse i will recomend to get a sample first. It is very rare and rather expencive. But if you body chemistry will allow, you will not regred. P.S In case you got it blind and not like it- do not "swap" it too fast :) Demand all you can get in return LOL

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

I bought a tube of the body lotion several years ago and got many compliments when I used it. Maybe I should buy some of the fragrance. I liked it at the time, but not enough to buy more.

This is for tuberose and gardenia lovers. A very bold floral, not for the faint of heart.

jemma
jemma

I arrived Gio Armani! After yesterday's post for him, not knowing what to expect ... but once sprayed, the first thing that came to my mind was AMARIGE? I went and spray Amarizh of others. hand, to similar, like sisters, beautiful, thick, soft! Gio likes me, I have it too! For one more time how convinced are misleading and subjective our perceptions Smile your day!

kraxa
kraxa

I just got myself a bottle of this, found it on an flea and art market stalls in Delft, Holland. That must be my holiday treasure this year ;-) Unfortunately I can't judge if the juice has aged well, as this is my first ever encounter with Gio. But never mind, I am still enjoying simply being in possesion of such a rare gem.

cisco
cisco

I agree and disagree with many here. This is an amazing fragrance that requires so little to bloom into beauty it is actually cost effective. It has a life span that puts most scents to shame.

I do not agree that it is related to Eternity. That nasty overwhelming clove scent in Eternity does not hit me with Gio. The clove note is odd because neither Eternity nor Gio contain cloves. With Eternity, I could not get past the clove note. I finally quit wearing Eternity because of that.

Gio is a huge mysterious bunch of spicy flowers!!! It has a deep creamy base unlike many florals and is full of resin. It does not bring to mind an English garden. It is far from clean, clear, and crisp. It is dark, delicious, and dense.

If possible, get a sample of Gio before you purchase. It is a fragrance that does not work for everyone and is far too expensive to waste. To me, it is a jewel that smells like nothing else. I carefully treasure what remains of my Gio.

Galya
Galya

If you want to find a substitute of this fragrance I can say that Montal gold flowers is identical!

nora elia
nora elia

I tried this perfume when I was 18 or 19 at that time it was kind heavy for my age however I did not have other choices. Now I am on my thirties and I think it is perfect for my age but it is difficult to find and it did not smell the same :(
It smells elegant sophisticated orangy . It brings me nice memories

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

At first I smell fruity jello, several flavors all mixed together, and violets. Then there’s the onslaught of mixed florals, probably containing lily-of-the-valley and miscellaneous white florals, including a pinch of tuberose. There’s also some dried apricot. And there’s ylang-ylang.

Gio is similar to the big 80s floral powerhouse scents, but as one created at the tail end of that trend, it is nudging over into fruity-floral territory. I dabbed carefully, expecting it to be strong, and this turned out to be the right decision. After a few fruit-containing hours it turns into a floral scent that’s mostly jasmine with a hint of something sweet and plastic-like. In the end, it dries down to a sweet musk that is quite persistent. There’s considerable sillage, and the scent lasts at least 10-12 hours. Gio is a pleasant, fruity-floral musk that isn’t particularly novel, but is certainly an enjoyable fragrance to wear.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Gio has a distinctive feature of 80s, 90s. It's a classic flower bouquet, dark, thick, intense, powdery and to my nose something herbal. I don’t think I have much say in the 80s 90s perfumes, but in my opinion If you like Shalimar or Opium, very possible you like Gio.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I'm sorry for those who love it, but to me it's one of the worse scent ! It's truly a horror !It smells like some toilet cleaner thing . If there was a "Hate" button here, i would have clicked ! I can't believe it has been produced for so many years whereas many other perfumes were discontinued and didn't deserve to.
Unfortunately there's a woman who lives in the same building as i do , and she wears it , and when i walk just behind her in the elevator, i know she's been there >< !
Don't be mad at me "Gio" lovers, this is just me taste ;-)

sofiii
sofiii

Gio is a nice surprise if you like the 80s and 90s golden perfumes like Paris by YSL, White Dimond by Elizabeth Taylor.

Gio starts with a burst of quasi-aquatic white flower with a tiny hint of fruitiness which I can’t really put my fingers through. Soon after that, I can smell a beautiful white flower bouquet, and tuberose is quite dominant in it. As the perfume being warmed up, it turns more and more towards the 80s bold aldhyde direction in a nice way. It is big, loud, bold and really well-blended, the only notes I can detect occassionly is ylang ylang and tuberose; the blend somehow smell really clean and has a trasluscent watery quality but not in the clean aquatic after 2000 sports perfumes way. The kinda cleaness reminds me of J.Lo Love at First Glow, but Gio is less synthetic-smelling.

The dry down is tart, syrup sweet, with a subtal peachy hint, it’s like a slightly inperfect version of Annick Goutal’s Passion.

Gio can be a nice gift for anyone likes bold 80s/90s floral perfumes (I can hardly detect any typical fruity notes in Gio). However, to be able to pull it off easily, I guess you’d better not to wear Gio to uni or you’d better to have the glamourous little-black-dress kinda look when wearing it.

Also, apply with a light hand, for me one drop from the miniature goes a long way, while I normally spray 2 sprays of most post 2000 floral fruity perfumes.

guest_kat
guest_kat

the Best perfume in the world!!! a must have for every woman

imoore
imoore

Pastel de Gres can manage the same sillage for much less money with better longevity in my opinion!
Mostly it contains peaches...

Manya
Manya

My first impression was - blinding gold, like midday hot sun reflected on a calm sea.
An intoxicating bouquet that settled on my wrist with syrupy, honey notes. This fragrance is extremely seductive, the kind that won't take no for an answer :) I absolutely must get a bottle ASAP!

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

Simply the best perfume in the world of all time!
Strong, stylish too. All perceive its scent, its power!
Amazing, delicious, the smell of cloves is predominate but the scent of flowers is also very striking.
A happy and perfect blend of flavors unmatched.
Everything you could want and wait for the perfect scent!
No perfume can touch it. The best!
Powerful!

Giorgio Armani GIO is a big billowy bouquet of flowers, a few of the white petals of which have been studded with cloves. All of this is anchored in a substantial base which somehow magnifies the florals over time. Apply a tiny bit, and it will expand over the course of a few hours to take over whatever space you currently happen to inhabit.

GIO is very similar in brash spirit, monster sillage, and eternal longevity to Calvin Klein ETERNITY, and equally a part of the late 80's trend to excess. Just look at the list of notes! Everything but the kitchen sink was thrown into GIO. The composition somehow still works, but only if *very* sparingly applied. These fragrances are so potent that they can only be washed away--no need for a purse spray!

My own intolerance of the clove note explains why my bottle is still 3/4 full, though it was purchased years ago, but I do believe that this is a worthy creation, and can recommend it to anyone who likes ETERNITY. (Hmmm... it appears that my recommendation may be otiose, since GIO appears to have gone out of production some time ago--no doubt because ETERNITY won out. And I suppose it's true: No one really needs to own both GIO and ETERNITY.)

The elegant bottle is the same as that used for ACQUA DI GIO, with a thin, almost chiplike shape. The ACQUA version is frosted, while the GIO bottle is clear.

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

All Gio Lovers, you can still find Gio!This perfume fits well all woman who would like feel sexy with one drop!"Here it comes, the beautiful ones" just like the song says.
Actually I do not like vanilla notes at all since it causes headaches to me but I would like say that Gio is exception.

I wish this perfume was still available! I used to love it. what a shame it's not.

allexa27
allexa27

All i can smell are tuberose and carnations.I really dont like it.It reminds me liiiil bit of Temptations byPaloma P

guest_Nostalgic
guest_Nostalgic

I am young and I got a small one when I was just a kid. I love it still. Everytime I find a store selling it, I get one.

turkishrose
turkishrose

it has very nice notes..

veruska
veruska

I've never found an armani perfume that i actually loved. but this one is at least very likable and it reminds me of the start of a decade that everything was possible. it 's fairly popular in here and it's not hard to see why. Heady intense floral with honey, a tiny spring coolness, and some resinous undertones and at least on my skin nothing aquatic. it's quite distinctive and as it goes on it becomes sweeter with a full bloomed orange blossom scent. The drydown is warm and balsamic with a nice comforting woody vanilla on your skin. Although it's nothing unusual i find it good in a simple fun way

golden
golden

I smelt this on a beautiful looking women, who at the time looked so stylish (back in the 90's) It was very different at that time compared to alot of perfumes from that era (armerage,opium)
It was so beautiful i went to try it on and yes right enough smelt good on me too, which when i wore it like the lady i saw it made made me feel beautiful.

sonrise
sonrise

I bought this particular scent several times I got many compliments on it. It is very strong. There is a very sweet quality to it.

chance25
chance25

I remember having a tiny little bottle of this in the mid nineties. Although I thought it was strong, it still seemed to catch my attention. If it were still being made I'd probably wear it now.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Gio started out good but quickly, turns into a rancid, very chemical fragrance upon dry down- I had to scrub it off. YUCK!

Gio by Giorgio Armani 4.04 out of 5 based on 379 ratings and 79 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Gio fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Gio, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gio by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gio by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.