Designers » F-H » « Groups

Idole d`Armani Giorgio Armani for women
dislike

I have it: 569 I had it: 244 I want it: 283 My signature: 22

Idole d`Armani Giorgio Armani for women Videos
Idole d`Armani Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Idole d`Armani Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Idole d`Armani Giorgio Armani for women Pictures

“I have always carried with me an ideal of femininity – an irresistible combination of grace, beauty and independent spirit. IDOLE d’ARMANI is my tribute to this ideal, and to women everywhere.”

-Giorgio Armani

IDOLE d’ARMANI is an ode to femininity. The IDOLE woman glows with a magnetic sensuality and a natural grace. She is exquisite, captivating, sexy and sensual. She is expressive and reveals her strength of character. The elegance of her inner soul makes her simply sublime.

Giorgio Armani has created an opulent floral fragrance, the unexpected encounter of an inspiration from the Orient and timeless Italian elegance. The idol is revealed, magnificent and sensual.

The top is dazzling with bitter orange, juicy pear, ginger and davana notes. At the heart, bright and audacious, rose loukoum, the very own emblem of IDOLE d’ARMANI, and mythical jasmine with a shimmer of sunshine, blend boldly with saffron absolute, rare and delicately leathered, tinting this floral delight with a honey-coloured subtle spicy note. At the base, luminous and sensual, unexpected styrax, patchouli and vetiver, at once refined and progressive, come to add their own harmony to the saffron heart of flowers, joining forces with the woman who wears it, without ever marking or dissimulating its character, melting into the skin of she who succumbs.

To embrace his signature women’s fragrance, Giorgio Armani, inspired by the 1930s, created a sphere of crystalline glass, beautifully round with on each side halos of fine circular waves, echoing the central O of IDOLE. On the front of the bottle, IDOLE d’ARMANI majestically spells out its letters. A gold cap, a piece of jewelry that adorns the bottle with beauty and elegance.

The outer packaging is like a block of pure gold, polished then sculpted in fine, even grooves to form a sophisticated and precious holder. The IDOLE d’ARMANI signature is stamped and engraved.

Giorgio Armani has chosen actress Kasia Smutniak to be the face of his new signature women’s fragrance IDOLE d’ARMANI.

“I chose Kasia to be the face of my new fragrance, IDOLE d’ARMANI, because she has a fresh and modern appeal which combines true feminine sensuality and rare beauty with inner strength of character. She embodies the spirit of the IDOLE d’ARMANI woman perfectly.” Giorgio Armani

Idole d`Armani was launched in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Bruno Jovanovic.

Clementine Pear Ginger Honey Almond Bitter Orange Artemisia

Saffron Jasmine Rose

Vetiver Styrax Patchouli

Idole d`Armani Eau de Toilette

Idole d`Armani Fragrance Reviews

Andorsia
Andorsia

On me initially I detect minimal florals and it's mostly coffee and caramel in a ginger haze. I love that! Once it settles the honey comes through with soft florals into the mix. It's more womanly than feminine. It stands out, I love finding something that doesn't remind me of anything.

Penny Urn'd
Penny Urn'd

Very unusual. Oddly, I detect more vetiver here than in Creed's signature Vetiver scent. The ginger-kissed pear (just a peck on the cheek, really) can't really hold its own against the jasmine.

Overall, I get the feeling of both top- and bottom- heaviness with a strange void in the middle. Not for everyone, certainly. But ordinary? No. Poorly marketed (to death?) You bet!

On me it lasts about 3 hours with an initial blast that is less than inviting.

I don't idolize it, but I am intrigued enough to come back back to it for another whiff. And maybe another.

This is spicy stuff. So much ginger and saffron. I can't enjoy it, it's too strong and old-fashioned for me.
I find it interesting, but I wouldn't buy it even if I had all the money in the world.
I think it's suitable for older ladies. This perfume is not youthful or fresh, not at all.
It could be that some people find it sexy but I find it cloying. This perfume is not for me.

AnitaAna
AnitaAna

I don't like it too much, to be honest.

There's just some strong note in it that I cannot define and that I hate.
The first time I tested it it felt like some -cucumber/floral scent-.

I wouldn't buy it for myself, even though I like the fact that it's refreshing.

It radiates nicely and you can feel it from the distance.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Oh I like. I get pear, spice (probably the ginger) and a hint of butter. It stays very close to my skin and barely lasted 2 hours so I will not be looking for a backup bottle.

tinaelisa

Ooohhhh I LOOOOOOVED this fragrance!! Why did they discontinue it. It had the perfect composition to me, with the ginger, the pear and the sweet bitterness. SIGH!! Also have never gotten more compliments on any other perfume than this one (and I wear a lot of amazing different fragrances), especially from men. :'( Now I have to find a different fragrance that smells JUST like this one. Aarrhhg DAMN YOU Armani!

2onyanne
2onyanne

On my skin this perfume smelled of maple syrup; mmm waffles!!! Not so hot!

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

I find this scent very strong, and a tad mature (traslation; old ladyish). Kind of sweet on drydown but still overpowering and nauseating :(

Scout
Scout

Have had this one sitting quietly in the back of a cupboard for a while. Pulled it out last night after a shower. On waking this morning it's still going quite strong! Without looking at the notes for power of suggestion, I'm getting what I'll call a "coconutty" vibe. This is coming across as a beach or resort smell. The floral note is very very thin and hanging as a tone, not as a note. It's a bit synthetic, and not essential-oil opulent like a Guerlain. But to its credit it hasn't fallen apart in over 12 hours of wear even after waking and moving around a lot.
I would say this is a scent for a woman of business on leisure holiday. It's not clean enough to be good for work; I can see this offending those around me with its sweet honey silage/projection. Best worn to a social occasion or a day out shopping. There is a discernible masculine/androgynous hint that reminds me of notes in my husband's colognes. To that end it's brilliant Armani -- reminds me of the lines of his women's suits.
It's not organically floral enough to be the feminine garden of my rose-pruning dreams. It's not gourmand enough to be the artificial flavor of teens. It's not mature enough to be the scent of old ladies to church or the symphony.
Unique, reminds me a bit of his Diamonds series. I see now that coconut vibe is probably the almond, and the masculine the vetiver, styrax, and orange.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

The most beautiful & elegant usage of pear I've ever encountered. Idole d'Armani is absolutely feminine, lovely and.. safe. Juicy pear, ginger and orange sparkle on my skin, slightly spicy saffron heart is sweetened with a drop of honey, and it's all layered on an elegant, subtle base. Unfortunately it does not last on me, 2-3 hours and it's gone, detectable only if I put my nose directly to my wrist. Maybe it does not work all that well in a colder weather? I like it, but it's too ephemeral for me.

Cherine
Cherine

Discontinued :((

shenzee
shenzee

My love at second sniff ;)
At first I thought 'meh, just another strong stuff, not for me'. Oh how wrong was I! It had me when lighter notes gave space to deeper ones. The mixture was addictive and smelled so sexy! it still does and I wear it anytime I want to feel confident and powerful :)
Sometimes it can fill up a small room and it's rather longlasting as on my hair and clothes it literally lasts for days.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I didn't get any ginger from this. It's just light and fruity on me. An ok scent, but not for me.

Floreat
Floreat

I ordered this blind and am a bit ambivalent about it. I think it's a nice scent, but it doesn't have the presence I expected upon reviewing the notes. It's rather soft and for me stays pretty close to the skin. I can't say that it's very long lasting either - within a few hours I find myself having to reapply to keep the fragrance alive.

I detect the pear, jasmine and the saffron which manifests as a creamy suede scent. Quite a beautiful effect. But the ginger is completely absent for me, which is probably the reason I don't view it as a fragrance with a lot of presence. I think this one could turn around for me with a little added ginger. I'll try boosting it with a bit of the ginger essential oil I have and see if that makes a difference.

As it stands, for me this is a safe office wear fragrance and a nice interpretation of a subtle saffron floral. The saffron is treated very nicely here. The price point is relatively good, too. So, all things considered - not a bad buy.

tinaelisa

I love this one so much and am slowly running out of my bottle. I am very afraid that this might get discontinued some time in the future. Here in the Netherlands and Germany, the lotion isn't sold in all stores anymore. It's the same thing with the different sizes of the edp, there is always one or two sizes missing (in the webshops) and don't see the edt version at all anymore.
This is one of the most sexy and alluring scents, while still being feminine and not too much, and also wearable all year round fragrances!
I will be so sad if they get rid of it.. I have a bad predicting feeling in my belly :/ :(

Let's hope I'm wrong. Everybody buy this fragrance, so they will keep it!!!! :p

Palmy

I know at the first time when I saw Idole pyramid that there's something missed. It didn't include honey, patchouli and styrax that I can smell when i spray this on my skin and include the other note that had been missing. fortunately they fix it now!

antfarm
antfarm

This really is sexy and one of the better department store perfumes. With its classy-spicy-citrus backbone it reminds me a lot of Theorema by Fendi, but a little bit more rough around the edges.

Lasting power is decent, but not as much as I'd expect from the notes list. Sometimes it gets screechy or falls flat, so I imagine your experience depends if you are having a good Idole skin day.

dcb_707
dcb_707

Sexy, Seductive, Sultry and Sophisticated. Best worn at nighttime with your little black dress. But not bad to wear it during the day if you want to ooze with confidence because of its flirtatious smell, just like saying 'if you want me, just come and get me'.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Terribly bitter for 30 minutes or so,

then the middle notes & base are reversed for me-
First I get spicy which I love ,then a very pretty floral ,
that is perfect , not too soft not to notice but not to bold that it is annoying .

This is a very well done one in my opinion.
And one of my all time favorites.

summer shaheen
summer shaheen

Absolutely one of my all time favs, I LOVE IT!

milkyway
milkyway

You can trust Armani to come up with simple yet undoubtedly perfect creations. This is a floral fruity on me with pear and patchouli dominance..There is an occasional whiff of saffron and ginger, but to me personally- ginger and pear flavours are quite similar, hence pear is always made stronger when ginger is present..I also detect a little almond sweetness if really concentrate :)
Not a bad smell- would be a great alternative if you are a fruity florals lover and are looking to change things a little.
Not the frag I expected to smell after seeing that commercial by the way :)

Lushylori
Lushylori

I haven't owned this perfume long enough to give a full review yet, but thus far all i have to say is this >>>>
BEAUTIFUL SOPHISTICATION in a bottle..Love it! :)

lolllee2nd
lolllee2nd

I love this scent. Reading the other reviews and the rating of the notes, I see my experience of it is very different than most everyone else, and for that I feel lucky. I get a strong vetiver and honeyed bitter orange with lighter patchouli and rose. Lighter still is ginger and pear. It is very strong and long lasting on me, but not heavy or headache inducing. I'm so happy I found Idole! It has made my "top shelf". Its definitely an evening scent on me, but i admit, i've worn it to work a time or two.

amberdawn
amberdawn

At first I didn't like it. Seemed too strong and a little bit masculine. But then... I felt its charm- the delicate rose, the pear... a wonderful mixture. Feminine,elegant and very seductive fragrance!

So here is how my love affair with this frag comes to be: planned to resume wearing Mania after about 5 years. Fondly and confidently bought my usual large bottle, taking her home, and just waiting to fall into our comfortable, reliably fun and off-the-beaten-patch scent/chemistry relationship.....Mania ALWAYS a BFF of mine, a lady I could count on to just make me feel beautiful, sparkling, funky and unique, no matter what! On our first reunion sniff, NOT sure where my old friend had gotten to in past few years, but NOT the same friend I had parted ways with a while back...instead of that gorgeous mix of ginger and bay leaf and clementine and violet and blackberry that I had always loved, just one word- FLAT FLAT FLAT! You can imagine my shock at this....but like a best friend, gave her time and waited her out for the sparkle and dimension to return (blaming the flatness on a sub-par sniffer- cold, allergies, etc). Sadly, this relationship not meant to be rekindled or rediscovered...maybe over the years, the manufacturers had gotten hold of this funky girl and messed with her formula, or perhaps cruel time had just messed with my chemistry, though my body LOVES and just clings to Armani no matter what the formula.....
Broken-hearted, I part ways w/my friend, and go on the search for her closest Armani "sister", thinking, maybe a chance for a friendship there....read reviews for Sensi and Idole, and my wheels start turning, and I think, "maybe there is still hope?"......
Scardey-cat when it comes to ANYTHING patchouli, and so based on all the reviews here noting that patchouli is very detectable in this frag, almost passed up giving it a test sniff......SO SO SO GLAD to have given her a chance.....as is case with ALL Armani frags, for whatever reason, EXCELLENT skin chemistry b/t them and me.....always a mutual admiration situation, and no different w/Idole. In LOVE with how the ginger rules the roost for the initial opening, and deepens and so tames the pear just a bit, while also spicing up the clementine scent. Very sparkling opening. Settles down nicely after few moments, and the heart is warm, comfy and definitely big on honey. Easy for lots of frags at that point to just hang their hat on one big note like that, stay one-dimensional, and coast on thru to the finish. But somehow this frag manages to stay sparkling and interesting, and very dimensional. Never flat. However, the dry down and the heart do tend to stay the same smell on my skin. (BEST thing of all for me, though, is that my sniffer is absolutely UNABLE to detect ANY patchouli! So LOVE LOVE LOVE!)

All in all, a very unusual fragrance, and definitely not mainstream at all. For those that dont want run-of-the-mill, this is your lady. (BTW- respectfully DONT at all agree w/reviews here that say beware of wearing this in close spaces, offices, etc uneless you are BOSS, or with those who suggest this to be a bitchy or snobby frag.....this frag equally at home for a nite out at the ballet/opera/black tie event/wedding....as well as at the beach/bar/yoga class/art festivals.... eternal caveat, of course, is that all of the above always depends on the chemistry of each of us as individuals....

*my ONE small disappointment w/this lady- poor lasting ability on me, in both warm or cold temps...yet can smell on my clothing for days and scent still lovely!*

love00sh
love00sh

Oh wow, I love it. One of few successful blind-buys. On me, it's pure floral with some spiciness. Hardly any fruit at all. It does smell expensive & elegant, and not so teeny. Long lasting, like 6-7 hours. Instantly became my signature.

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

I just bought this as a blind buy, was very 50/50 on getting it or not because of the review. Been looking for a ginger scent with some florals. So I recevied it last night, wearing it today. It's a lot sweeter than I expected. the ginger is only upon opening and leaves very fast. I don't mind the pear note its fruity but light, but OMG there is just way too much honey in this fragrance. It gave me a small headache its that sweet. It does soften to a pretty scent which smells very classic, I can't put my finger on the scent but reminds me of something. It takes quite some time for that honey to settle down. Once it does the floral notes smell good, its pretty but I thought there would be a lot more ginger in this. If I wouldn't have bought it blind and smelled it in a dept. store, would not have gotten my sale. Maybe I would've done better with the EDT which doesn't contain honey. It does last a good 10-12 hours which I was very surprised with.

Update: After not wearing it for a couple weeks, it's grown on me now. I guess, this is one of those confusing scents for me. Doesn't smell as sweet to me as before, and I'm smelling the ginger more. This does smell like something very classic like something my mom would wear at my age, although she's really not big on fragrances. Don't confuse it, It's not an old lady scent lol. But its grown on me a lot, like it now, not regretting keeping it anymore, glad I kept it. Sometimes 2nd chances are worth it. :)

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

I wanted to love this, but it has a disturbing strong note I can't figure out which note is it :(

sexy, seductive yes that's true and heavy as well with a great quality .. but not for me

Aceynikon
Aceynikon

One of my favourite fragrances, and in my opinion possibly Aramani's finest to date. It smells, elegant, classy, a very original scent. Warm, spicy and woody, a delicious combination.

Corinne 16
Corinne 16

This was my third Armani perfume, I also own Acqua di Gioia and Armani Diamonds.I have to say that this is my favourite fragrance. It is sophisticated, long-lasting and oozes confidence.

sue_zie
sue_zie

never try Armani collection before, this is for the first time. Idole is my favourite fragrance right now .. i really really love it!! the smell is so very sexy, warm, spicy, elegant. I've still try to find my signature scent, but for this one I definitely repurchase in the next future.

karolla28
karolla28

Me and my Mum, have Idole. Perfume with class, very elegant, and sexy.

linzilou92
linzilou92

I picked this up when it was on sale and I'm so glad I did. I seem to really love Armani perfumes and this fits right into my collection. I've never smelt anything like it. It's very unique and I've had a lot of compliments from friends and family. My nans hoping to pick up a bottle for herself soon :-)

When the perfume is first applied It's very fresh and you can make out the pear and honey but also that spicy ginger note. Then after about thirty minutes I notice that it's not as sweet and has a slight floral note but to me the best part of this perfume, is when it's been lingering on your skin for about an hour. The dry down is beautiful. The honey and the almond comes together with the ginger and creates a stunning warm perfume that just shouts elegance.

In less than a week it's taken a front row seat on my dressing table, the bottle is beautiful. I appreciate it's simplicity. I have lots of other perfumes that scream "Modern" thankfully this just states "Classic"

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

Oh, how desperately I wanted to love this. Today, I finally did a skin test, and was horrified that it smelled like a bug spray. I don't say this nastily, but it was instantly my impression that I was standing in a fresh cloud of Aeroguard (insect repellant).
Thankfully this impression only lasted 5-10 minutes, then some spicy and powdery notes took over. The final result was a pleasing spicy mix, and my husband said it was pleasant. But not pleasant enough to put up with the initial minutes of disgust.
So sad, as I was sure from the mix of notes, that I would really love this. Perhaps its the styrax that doesn't agree with me, but whatever it is, its not worth suffering for even a few minutes at that price tag.
Hopefully there's lots of wearers who really enjoy this creation, so I will leave it to them

vicka16
vicka16

I love this EDP! Fresh, slightly spicy and sophisticated. Great perfume for the fall and winter. Good staying power.

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

Review for Idole EDP: Absolutely loved this when I tried it on in the store - Pear, ginger, saffron, my favourite florals - Jasmine and Rose closing with the woody notes. Purchased a quite expensive bottle to be "my new best friend"! However, having opened the bottle, now find that I only get an hour tops before I can't smell anything but the memory of the fragrance! It is a beautiful perfume but staying power is very poor on me. I have now resorted to spraying some on my blouse (which is really not the "done thing") but at least I can still have the pleasure of it a bit longer.
Note in other reviews people have complained about it being "too strong" - wish I had that problem.
Is is quite a "succulent" perfume but sillage very weak on me. Must be a "skin thing" although I did leave it for an hour and a half before I bought it. Maybe the tester had matured a bit in the store - it was only half full! Have other perfumistas noticed this as well as me? What you purchase is different strength to what you tried out!
I will persevere because I really love the fragrance.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

The ginger-safran opening keeps this fragrance from being a boring generic feminine scent... it was my first time smelling it today and I was impressed!

Danyhella
Danyhella

First Armani in my collection, to be exact - first frag from this house that catched my attetntion that much that I had to buy it...

And I also think this is one of the sexiest scents in my collection. People here are right that vetiver and ginger stands out and it's a bit masculine that way - but that's what makes it mysterious and erotic. The perfume doesn't lose that feminine feeling though. It's extremely luxurious and elegant, but not that kind of office scent, because there's much more in Idole. Just imagine this wearing in office would be like telling people "yes, working, working, can you smell that? you know what I'm gonna do after work don't you..."

I agree that this is not for the youngest ladies around. It's actually not really about exact age, but about "knowing" and the way you behave. Simply, you just gotta know how to wear this perfume.

Wearing Idole gives me a feeling like "I'm here, people, and I'm the idole." Sounds bigheaded, I know, but try it and you will see what I mean :-).

Merlinrumpel
Merlinrumpel

It´s a really sweet, fruity pear fragance. Really strong, and last forever. i recomend it for en evening party or during night, not suitable for close spaces for long periods of time. Eventually you get sick of it.

rohmhild
rohmhild

It has NOTHING with By by DG. I have read it here and even blind-purchased Idole because of this - but it reminds everything but not By! By by DG is a very unique and defined fragrance, Idole is nice, but like many-many others, and doesn't have a one note similar.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

A little masculine propably because of saffron and ginger.
It is fruity but not the sweet fruity-floral type. More grown up.
Longlasting and quite special, very different from what I am used to.

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

the opening honestly smells exactly like watermelon italian ice for some reason, but not in a bad way..its juicy, sparkling and delicious.

Devrinna
Devrinna

This scent is unpleasant on my skin, almost dirty. It is too spicy and watery, doesn't suit me well. Well, being honest, I don't like this scent in anybody.

malecita
malecita

I got as a gift from my boyfriend's mother and I thought I wouldn't like it but actually I do. It's classy and very noticeable. At first it can be a little agressive for some people but later it becomes a warm sexy scent.It reminds me of Euphoria from Calvin Klein.

angeldoll
angeldoll

Its classy & expensive smelling.It is a nice scent. But rather for older women. I think around the age of 25 or more. I have 19 years and I feel older than I am when I wearing this perfume. Its for mature ladies:) and it last a long time.

andjela
andjela

first pear i ever fell in love with

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

Wore this at my wedding reception which was a night function and since then this has become my go-to perfume for all special occasions - weddings and nights out. Love it! And yes, the staying power and sillage is wonderful.

smellsheavenly
smellsheavenly

I received this today as a surprise gift from my lovely husband. At the moment I am mesmerised, he loves it. Will update later when I have had further occasions to wear.

perfumeandme
perfumeandme

I tried this one today and it's very spicy at first. When it settled down, it's very woody. I let my husband smell it and he asked me if it's a men's perfume. I said no but to be honest it really has a touch of masculinity in it. I think it's unisex. The lasting power is incredible. I wash my hands after preparing food and wash it again after bathing our baby and I could still smell it. I'm not sure whether I like it or not but I think this frag is one of those either you love it or you hate it.

cyber861
cyber861

فوق العادست بوش.بویه گلابی و یاس اش با روحه آدم بازی میکنه.

Hend Keshk
Hend Keshk

Tested it a couple of times and after a long thought bought it. This perfume is spicy and fresh. At first liked it and its amazing staying power. After some times, I just got bored of it and it started smelling too masculine for me! Would give it away although I used like 10% of it! That's just lame compared to the price paid for this! :s

Norgirl
Norgirl

A very fresh and clean fruity fresh fragrance . I thought this would be a bit more spicy, This is to sweet whit all the pear on my skin .I like to smell it , but it gets cloying and iritating on the skin in the long run.
There is a slight similarity whit " By" but this is much sweeter .
Good but not all that

chemmart
chemmart

i love this perfume, it seems to be one that no one has really jumped onto and im not sure why. i can definitely smell the pear, which is very smooth on the skin.
unfortunetly, even the edp does not last very long on my skin

nicolevivi
nicolevivi

really like it. it's floral, classy, citricy and really elegant.

alina.vinik
alina.vinik

I still have it and I used it for many months. I really liked it and actually still do but somehow I had enough of it at some point. It last a long time on my skin but sometimes I find the pear in it too strong.
However guys seem to really like it.

eir
eir

AlthoughI did not like it at first it really grew on me. Makes me feel sophisticated and chic in a sexy yet discreet way. It is my no 1 choice for work but my boyfriend loves it,too. It really smells like Armani!

Lynn-zg
Lynn-zg

too strong. smells old fashioned, like for elderly women. don't smell any notes listed, especially not flowers.

just_sara
just_sara

this fragrance is very elegant indeed. Fresh spicy is a correct description for it. The lasting power is not awesome by any meens. I like this a lot! But there is something aqautic to it that should be in there. Makes it a bit masculine.. Just a tad bit. This is really an armani scent. Belongs nicely in their range.

n.hidayah
n.hidayah

I just bought idole today. At the counter it smelled so nice but when i sprayed now on myself after bathing, i can hardly smell anything. Some reviews say its too strong but why on me its just like a smell from a body soap? Why why why???

I didnt touch the perfume after sometimes and i just thought of trying again by luck it might suit me this time. Unfortunately i still cant get rid of the grassy smell. Its so harsh on my nose. Anyone wanna swap?

world911
world911

I just love this perfume: bottle, smell, longevity. It lasts all day, I can still smell it after I take a shower, on clothes it lasts even after I washed them. It is unique , soft, elegant, luxurious and feminine. Definitely a must-have.

sofababe
sofababe

Strong, creamy and lasts a long time on my skin. A sophisticated floral, with not too much spiciness, dries down to a sweet, creamy base. And an elegant bottle. Its delicious, its delightful, its de-lovely.

bloomia
bloomia

it's perfect for a classy and elegant woman. this is def. a favorite!
at first it starts out floral, but unlike most floral scents being sold lately (a much more sophisticated smell) and ends with a hint of cream. LOVE

MyriamHM1000
MyriamHM1000

Strong right off the bat. Def fall/winter; the heavy clothing fits the smell.

- office smell; skip on using it everday unless you are top dog; I found it useful on office trips or when I wore a class LBD (little black dress) or suit to work

- people have said the smell reminds them of me at a corporate event from this past Jan

- not repurchasing; I got a small bottle since it is not a year round perfume

anna.023
anna.023

was given this as a gift, its a perfume that I wouldn't have bought for myself. Its a fresh, light, clean floral scent. Its not my normal taste, but I still found it pretty nice and very wearable. Its very floral and a little bit sweet, with a touch of a aqua scent. Im not really sure about the lasting power yet, I have only been able to test it in a very hot climat yet. Its pretty avrige, nothing speciall, but still nice. Good for everyday use..

UPDATE: I must say that I have changed my mind about this one, I really adore this perfume. Yes, I still think its good for everyday use, but its really lovely anyway! Its great to have a perfume that you are able to wear everyday without getting bored at it.. I recentley swapped my bottle away, so now Im looking for a new one again!! It seems like I couldn't be without it after all...:)

purrimma
purrimma

I just bought it today, finally! Yay!...after testing it yesterday evening on a strap of paper.
I must say i didn't like it in the begining either, as i sprayed it, not even afterwards when i got home, but the day after, in the morning i smelled the straps of paper, and it was uncomparable to the other scents. They were Bvlgari Pour Femme, Gucci by Gucci (for women), Ferre In the mood for love, Cavalli Serpentine, and Addictive by Dior. The last two gave me the best impresion, but nothing compared to Idole D'Armani.
It was perfectly balanced, in a harmony that suggested to me the fulfillment of happyness in such a rafined, elegant and complex manner, and even though it wasn't the most powerful smell it's suggestion was the most opulent and overwhelming.

aray
aray

Why are the Styrax and Patchouli not reperesented in the pyramid above? Those are THE two facets that stand out most to me when it comes to IDOLE. Fix please :)

pauluch3
pauluch3

Safe and elegant.

The clementine and pear open the composition and make it super light and fresh. Then the jasmine and rose are seasoned with ginger and saffron, which give the composition that extra zing. It's a safe everyday summer fragrance, but not boring. If the staying power was a little bit better, I would have purchased a bottle.
****

Louw
Louw

This starts out well, with a rush of jasmine and a hint of citrus. Unfortunately, as it dries down on my skin it takes on a very sharp, grassy smell that I really don't like, especially mingled with the Patchouli base notes. Not for me.

sofiii
sofiii

Sweet, fruity, juicy, lies somewhere in between Britney Spears’ Fantay and Maria Carey’s Luscious Pink, but has the best from both is the initial impression Idole d’Armani gives to me. It’s fresh, sparkling citrusy and a little bit gourmand at the same time, I find it nice and interesting. It is really welcoming (in comparison with some other commercial perfumes which kinda gives me a huge headache).

A little bit later I can smell patchouli which has been slowly coming out to play, it is quite a self-assured dreamy scent, sensual yet not too demanding, relaxed yet still have some cute little daily worries, like a modern day working woman. Somehow it makes me think if Narciso Rodriguez for Her and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle had a sweet and more down-to-earth cousin, it would be Idole d’Armani.

Towards the final drydown, Idole is quite heavenly in a cute domestic goddess way (more pastry here). It reminds me a bit of the moist biscuit smell I get from Black Orchid by Tom Ford, but Idole is actually warmer and less moist, which makes it more comfortable to wear to me.

Pretty and versatile perfume to wear in cooler weather. Quite worth trying, Giorgio Armani you has gave me a rather nice surprise! I won’t purchase it myself because it has a slightly generic tendency, but it’s a nice version of generic perfumes’ merits put together tho, and I wouldn’t mind being gifted a bottle of this.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Idole is beautiful, sparkling and sexy. Glamourous without being pretentious, but incredibly confident.

Ginger and pear lead the way into a clean, floral heart married with a hint of fresh, dry wood. Saffron contributes a little saltiness without being too obvious, creating another intriguing facet. That said though, I'm craving a heavier base.

Idole is somewhat of a flirt--magnetizing all the way and she knows it. In constant motion at a party and never sitting down for an intent engagement. She's the one whose everyone's eyes follow all over the room, male or female.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I got a sample of this, and oh my I really can't take the smell of this. It instantly turns my stomach! Not sure what note in it is doing that to me. But I have 2 samples if anyone interested send me a PM.

Update the drydown on this is actually nice like 3 hours later. But the first spray and first hour it literally made me sick.

Nukekubi
Nukekubi

I got this as a gift. I was very sceptical at first, being convinced it would smell to grown-up and old on me. It did smell a litle bit to ... sophisticated and sexy on my skin - and I'm not all that sophisticated... It does also reminds me of christmas and ginger-bread houses, tea with honey and rice pudding with raspberry sauce. Very cosy and comforting. The strange mix of comfyness and sexyness works quite well together, and over the time I've learned to really love this perfume. I wear it for special occasion, parties, family get-togethers and the like. It belongs with my smokey eyes and little-black-dress - what I put on when really dressing up. I love the ginger and jasmine in this perfume. A warm, sensual and ... a very christmasy scent - haha! This is really a very nice perfume.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This is a very modern, elegant floral. I like it a lot. Unfortunately it only lasts for about 2 hours on me.

alexanna7
alexanna7

this is my saffron perfume! So,there are notes: of rose lakoum,jasmine,ginger,pachouli,vetivert,davana notes, orange and saffron! Thoses notes create a marvellous spicy-floral with a hint of sweetness! The vetivert brings a green-wood note. This is my favorite saffron perfume! It is so different of anything on the market...love armani perfumes!classy,mystic,spicy,sensual smell! Love it!

I really like this scent, especially the hint of honey. It is very elegant and would be one of my favourites. Unfortunately I tested the EdP and EdP very often and found out that the lasting power is very weak. It's gone after 1 hour or so. Therefore I find it too expensive.

perfectstyle
perfectstyle

This one has a lovely aura and lasts all day long. It is more of fruity in the sense it has some blend of mildness and sweetness in it. Simply awsome!

Breath fashion
Breath fashion

this perfume smells very similar to Guess by marciano ...it is very strong and long lasting and powdery

nicolette09
nicolette09

I tested this a week ago on a paper strip and I fell in love. It was strong and beautiful. I left the strip on my dresser and the whole room smelled like idole for about 3 days. It was a clean smell, strong and beautiful. I was about to purchase it but I wanted to test it again on my skin. It smelled different, it had some similarities with the smell on the strip but it was too strong and not very pleasant smelling. I wanted so badly to like it like I did the first time, but it kinda smells like cheap detergent. I'm totally bummed...

booandgagamomma
booandgagamomma

Im testing this out currently and I'm completely confused. I want to like it- I really do. I just don't. Some notes take me to my grandmothers signature- Magie Noire and some whiffs take me to cheap drugstore knock-off sprays. I may have to wash it off as I'm very sensitive and particular.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Idole EDP is your perfect ally when you need to feel unbeatable and extremely confident.

It's not an office or a workhorse scent. It's a vigorous and sexy attention catcher. The pear top note is more concentrated in the EDP (versus EDT) and it makes this fragrance smell sweeter. I believe that is why many of us find the EDP cloying. Jasmine and ginger are also beautifully represented. I want to give credit to the nose, who has really made jasmine, patch and pear work well together!

So, whenever you need to feel self-assured;
When you need to kick ass, or to seduce someone:
Wear Idole EDP.

Maeva
Maeva

I can't agree more with KasiaS. Idole d'Armani certainly calls for some open-mindedness. I see some people are feeling really uncomfortable about this perfume, and I’m sure L'Oreal is making good profits out of these controversies. The first thing a proper perfume lover would like to do after reading these reviews is run to the nearest perfume store and test Idole right away. Not bad as a marketing technique, isn’t it?

When I was given Idole as a gift, I didn’t really know what to make of it. It smelled too foody and salty, I didn’t even notice the jasmine or the loukoum rose, and for me edibility and fragrance are two separate concepts; I can’t avoid being that old-fashioned :)

However, with the passing of time, I have come to perceive this fragrance quite differently. My first impression of Idole was that it was a very masculine fragrance, though somewhat dirty (was it the fleshy ginger, the herbaceous davana?), and a very ordinary one too. I even thought of giving it away. Then I found it a lighter, fresher, cleaner scent than I previously thought. Later on, I found it a regular gourmand, and a little bit brackish, and I hated it, then after a month I began to find it sparklingly juicy, sweet and fruity, not salty any more… Now I simply find it captivating, divinely opulent, very feminine and classy, and I have given up my insistence on trying to “define” this fragrance, to relate it to other scents I know. I guess this is something we perfume freaks try to do with all the fragrances we test but I think this one is too complex and elusive for us to do so at first spritz. Did the fragrance change in all this time or did I? I don’t know, but one of the reasons why I have begun to like it is its unpredictability.

Now I see why so many people have so many different opinions on this one. Even I had several in one year! It’s strange. It’s natural that we don’t experience a scent equally, as our senses don’t work exactly in the same way, and that’s something I really find fascinating about perfume, but we can usually come to an agreement as to whether a fragrance falls under the categories of "cheap-smelling", "fresh", "sophisticated", "masculine", "sexy" or "gourmand". We simply can’t with this one. In fact, how can we categorize Idole? Spicy oriental? Floral spicy? Oriental gourmand? Chypre fruity?

For me, this fragrance enhances our differences as “perceivers”, or, in a way, "interpreters" of perfume, and our different attitudes in terms of what we expect from a fragrance, which makes it a unique juice. A polyphonic fragrance.

KasiaS
KasiaS

This one I think calls for some open-mindness from us, perfume snobs. It may indeed seem common or even cheap in the beginning, but in fact it is none of these.
I try always not to judge after one test, but with Idole I have almost broken the rule, so uninteresting it seemed to me. Just as a routine, I pulled it off after a couple of months and the surprise was big.
What I discovered:
- it is elegant - in the same way that p.e. Coco Mademoiselle is, being light and airy (clementine and pear) but with a strong edge underneath (vetiver), and being really unobtrusive yet pronounced (pronouncing a "here I stand" BUT mysterious feminity);
- it is unique - all in all it compares to nothing. I think it's thanks to the pear+saffron+vetiver combination. At first, the top notes made me think of Eau Mega that I abhore and of JPG Fragile EDT but it developed into something really original;
- it developes - the passage from light fruity to strong, a bit masculine woody via saffron is something really admirable.
- it last - on me the whole day through
- it is versatile - office, club, coffee with a friend, artistic work, a date, a wedding (yours or fiend's) - you just name it, it will never be out of place
All in all a lot of "finesse" here. If we constrain our "go around the world looking for something totally different" freakiness, we can see that the treasure is here, in our hands.
Edit: Sillage is the weak side of Idole. I compared it to Dune, which smashed it up totally. Also, all said above being true, it is by no means comparable to the classics, but I've accepted the fact that the new releases will hardly ever be and I judge them in their own cathegory.
My review is of EDP, although I didn't find any differences with EDT worth attention.

Palmy

I'm in love with this scent. I want it for a long long time. And I tested it for many many times. Everytimes all I feel in this fragrance is the elegance and stunning lady like the ad. So warm but still a little bit fresh. It make my heartbeat like a drum, I don't know why. It's like this scent is just for me and I was born for this scent! I'm so obsess with Idole. XD

nagia
nagia

This is the one. It is lovely!
Warm and fresh... I don't know, I'm not good at describing.
I cannot say it's the "one of kind" type of fragrance, but it has some personality. It is not bold but quite sexy.
Smells elegant... Smells like a woman.
And I am so sorry for this review, I don't really think you'll find it helpfull, but to be honest, I only liked it because it is quite me.
Sorry once more!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I tested this one as someone suggested that it resembled 'By' Dolce and Gabbana. Indeed, on the strip it does have a striking similarity but more fruit and less sex, I'm afraid.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

I've been reading so many negative reviews about this parfume that I was about to change my mind on buying it..but no, I'm quite sure it's gonna be my spring-summer purchase.Why?
Because it's a shiny, totally feminine and almost unclassifiable fragrance. Floral-oriental maybe? Surely saffron and jasmine do a weird mix, but somehow in this fragrance they are perfectly blended and create a hazy honey note, which I was able to smell since the first try. On my skin the pear note isn't so defined, so personally I wouldn't think to this scent as a fruity.
About the lasting power, I think it's decent even though it's not good as one could suppose by a fragrance like this: that's a pity, cause the patchouli-vetiver dry down is truly lovely.
By the way, I'm totally captured by this alluring scent, no matter how strange it could seem to someone...I hope to smell like Idole d'Armani soon!

rosabell
rosabell

This seems just plain, regular and modern, like a commercial item for mass consumption. I smelled it and it is just difficult to remember it, a bit like a shampoo from Herball Essences

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

idole, where have you been hiding? lovely bright orange & pear combine with ginger and saffron to create a truly feminine and memorable scent.
love that citrus opening followed by the spice. fabulous! and the bottle is truly a masterpiece, so lovely on my dresser. lasts a couple hours. interesting contrast in the base--it opens with citrus, and then the heart is ginger----then the base gets so sensual patchouli. love this one!! amazing how it changes so gracefully.

Armanilovah
Armanilovah

Hi everyone !
I just bought it today .... I'm head over heel in love with it ( probably because I'm a huge Armani frangrances fan but this one is really great , better then Diamonds , Armani Code and Acqua di gio .
It has a long lasting power , way to go GIORGIO !!
I would've prefered another face for the fragrance , such an amazing perfume deserved a worldwide known celebrity
I definitely recommend it :)

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

IDOLE is a luminous, chic and uplifting fragrance. The composition is light and effortless with sparkling pear, spicy ginger, saffron and tender jasmine. It has the feeling of floating in the air and never touching the ground. This fragrance would fit a wood nymph, a beautiful and graceful mystical enchantress existing only in the magical land of dreams.

IDOLE opens with the sparkling pear and ginger. There is a bitter orange in the background but it is the pear that reigns in the top notes. The ginger provides very nice spicy balance to the sweetness of pear. The scent develops into the floral heart of rose and jasmine. The saffron is faint but adds a touch of spice and acts like a transparent veil over the floral notes. The dry down is light woods with the gorgeous vetiver and very faint patchouli.

IDOLE is elegant and beautiful fragrance that flows gracefully from the sparkling beginning to the woody vetiver dry down. The sillage is medium and the longevity is good.

tinaelisa

Oh my god, I SO love this!!
Pear, ginger, sweet spiciness. Just perfect. But the lasting power is not that great. I have the eau de parfum and it stays for max 3 hours. So maybe wont be re buying this even though I think it smells amazing!

edit:
Somehow the lasting power improved on me. When I wear it, I now can still smell it in the evening. Maybe thats because the weather is a bit colder now..

michellecoburn
michellecoburn

At the opening, I would describe this fragrance as a brown sugared pear with ginger. I do like it for winter days. It kept reminding me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was.. Until my friend said to me "you smell just like maple syrup!" and it does! For me, this is great for I adore the flavour and scent of PURE maple syrup. Smells expensive, mature, spicy, and sweet without being cloying. I'm pure my tester will be used up soon.

misswithoutlogic
misswithoutlogic

i hoped purfect elegance from Mr. Armani.
And im a little bit disapointed, becouse it's too much vetiver that makes all perfume too sweet and clumsy.
That makes perfume too heavy ( not intensive,but annoying ),
too simple and not recognizable, but the longevity is really goog - 8 h. on my skin.

Resume : the product of mass consumption.

Vaiva
Vaiva

I love it:)

AnnieSmith
AnnieSmith

I quite like it I think. It's a bit strong for me, but it's sophisticated and sexy.

Pear and patchouli are the primary players in Giorgio Armani IDOLE D'ARMANI. I do detect a hint of saffron as well, but the composition is definitely dominated by the pear-patchouli duo from start to finish.

I find the opening pleasant, but as time progresses, the pear starts to feel a bit too ripe to me, and that's about all the development that I catch. Overall, IDOLE strikes me more as the outcome of marketing surveys than an artist's inspiration. There are just so many similar variations on this sweet patchouli theme by now that I'm starting to think that it will be looked back upon as a trend, much in the way the excesses of the '80s are now regarded as more a product of the times than anything else.

Of course, the greatest of even creations which are in part the product of fads still survive the test of time. Unfortunately, IDOLE seems pretty run of the mill to me, neither very distinctive nor very refined. Désolée.

guest_sunny malaysia
guest_sunny malaysia

I just bought this cool product for my beloved darling =) .

I got it as a present today and love it. I think itis a great every day perfume. It also depends on your body chemistry. LOve it

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

I tested this about a year ago, at the same time with "Shalimar". Well, I have to say "Shalimar" won me over. I found "Idole" a little too bitter and harsh for my taste. The combination of styrax, patchouli and vetiver was dominating the scent, almost blotting out what could have been a subtle, enveloping jasmine. It was too much on the dry side, out of balance. I felt it a bit irritating to my nose. The first thing I look for in a perfume is the sense of comfort it can offer me, a reassurance that it's there for me, an alter ego, in perfect harmony with who I am, sustaining me like a loyal friend and highlighting my best features, lining my femininity, like a slinky dress. And this is what "Idole" failed to do. It made me feel uncomfortable because I saw no sign of "me" in it.

echopark119
echopark119

Tried it at a department store. At first I was all "Mmmm!!" very soft, rounded, elegant smell. Then after about 15 minutes I could smell something yuck and synthetic under the "MMmmm" smell. The closest I can describe it is like some sort of foul smelling rubber. It doesn't smell completely like this just an undertone which completely disappointed this for me coz otherwise it was quite beautiful.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Very nice elegant feminine fragrance. Flowery but not too sweet, staying power is great and it fades nicely. Uplifting and noticeable without being too heavy. I'm gonna transfer this to my 'want' list!

danimcneil
danimcneil

Oh i can't wait to own this one. I have been testing it since it came put. Idol will be my fall scent this year. Falovalo, i too smell evil patchouli, and it says in the paragraph above that it is included. Thank goodness the big P is blended in well enough to just seem like a spice in the mix. Idol is a JUICY oriental. The overall effect to me is warm, spiced pear juice. Feminine pear juice that is. Idol will be just the perfect spiced drink to warm me in the cold Utah fall and winter! Also its very bold and long lasting. Can't wait to get a bottle!

cahernandez
cahernandez

one of my latest acquisitions and i am so into it. modern scent. and last all day. this is quite perfect.

Sinica
Sinica

I can't really detect it propparly. I smell it from time to time; to me it is cold and serious and distant, but modern and neutral. I may wear it or not, it doesn't bother me, although it does give me a certain positive aura. My boyfriend, however, was completely excited about it and was very sad when my samples were over.

sleepy owl
sleepy owl

I hated it than tested,but my husband did buy it for me as a present and i get lots of compliments from people around me.Just nobody believes its Idole d.Armani,cause nobody likes it:):):)So maybe its body chemistry that makes it nice or horrible

Lottis
Lottis

Classic ... very strong character.
There is something in it from the start that I do not like but think I recognize from a little older perfumes. Perhaps jasmine becomes too powerful together with saffron for me?
I think it's too intense in a harch way. It softens a bit, but that smell that irritates me is still there. It is simply not for me.

pinkcatfurr
pinkcatfurr

Nice work Armani I am impressed with this original perfume. To me it is a Spicy, woodsy floral. But why is it so weak for an EDP? I have to spray at least 6 sprays to even sample it and 20 to get a normal amount. I know I haven't got a fake, wish it was a bit stronger, as this is not a same-same perfume.

andrevarx
andrevarx

One of the best armani fragrance for women. Mysterious, sensual and universal range of ages. Very good choice I think for special nights.

vuelo
vuelo

Sheer fruity bubblegum smell, yay! :) sory, but that pretty much sums it all up. "Idole" is a funny name for such perfume.

guest_Marmoset
guest_Marmoset

To my skin, its like a hot honey and chamomile...Too much strong and sweet for me

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Idole d’Armani is a celebration of a
woman. With this fragrance, the designer
wants to celebrate what makes any
woman unforgettable: beauty,
confidence, elegance, and unique style.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Oh my luscious peary little princess! You mystify me with your discordant notes & lushness. Every time I took a snootful of you, I got something different, something amazing & allusive. I love you. I would wear you everyday.

Isn't it amazing how sometimes the most chaotic assembley of different notes is the most pleasing?

I bought this as a gift for my mother and when she opened it and sprayed on her wrist it was 100% alcohol and no fragrance! I was so disappointed! I have to return it to Macy's tomorrow. I've never bought a fragrance that smelled like alcohol before, maybe it was "dummy" in the wrong box....

guest_prinsess
guest_prinsess

this is so god spesial sexy mmmm feminin

NatWeb
NatWeb

Nice, pleasant, good work fragrance. Just feels like I've heard this song so many times before.

natissimo
natissimo

loved it... sophisticated, exceptional, elegant, sensual.. mmmmm :):):) an absolute must have for an refined woman..

miss_pink
miss_pink

I have longed to own this scent since it was first released last year. Today I finally went perfume shopping and was able to buy my own big bottle of this. I have not tried it on myself yet since today I am still wearing Intimately Beckham. But I went shopping with my mom and she did try it on her wrist. It smells wonderful on her and she just loves it (something odd, as she is a bit picky about perfumes, and almost exclusively loves Chanel). Well, I am sure it will be wonderful on me too and I cannot wait until I can try it on. :)

UPDATE:
I tried L idole for the first time yesterday. After I had sprayed it on my wrist my first thought was: PEAR???
Anyway, after the fragrance settled down on my skin it was absolutely fabulous, it remained fruity but other notes were noticeable. Normally I am not into fruity or foody fragrances, but this one is so well composed that I just fell in love with it. It also helped that I got many compliments (even when it was the first time I used it).

Malegria
Malegria

Idole is all about pear.All other notes are humble and merely exist as a frame for the juicy, crispy, delicious pear.The is also a note about it that remind me little vitamin C dragee, which for me is a pleasant surprise :)
It is lovely and innocent in the beginning, mysterious and mature in the heart, wise and smooth in the base.
A must try for fruit lovers.

ananda
ananda

Despite the bad reviews, I decided to try it, and I found it to be a very likeable perfume. A sharp and elegant floral fruity in the beginning, that settles into a warmer and more distinctive vetiver base. Very comforting and pretty, with that inherent sophistication of the Armani's. I also got the association with 212, but I wasn't sure if I was mixing things up...

This was not really unique to me, didn't stand out in my repertoire, and I wouldn't buy it for myself, I guess. But it is certainly a pleasant and feminine concotion that would suit going to work at the office as well as going to dinner at a refined restaurant with your husband. This is an elegant choice that suits a big range of situations, and might fit like a glove for some people. I wouldn't mind smelling it anywhere around me, this is an enjoyable and inoffensive fragrance.

Aroussa
Aroussa

It just goes to show, tastes differ. I happen to love love love this fragrance. It's a warm, moderately-sweet, cozy and feminine. And yes, my friend who adores the zesty grassi-ness of Chanel Cristalle, did not adore this one, but I love sweet oriental-style fragrances and am very happy wearing it.

krestfallen
krestfallen

i smel it. and hate it right away. there is one smell that i hate so much, idole d'armani smells just like that.

this is personal opinion only.

minty
minty

it is not feminen, i really dislike it. Sharp, strong, heavy, like male parfume. never want to smell it again.

Ofeliarage
Ofeliarage

Have to say i really DISLIKE this!
Is far too fruity sweet that is too vulgar to actually enjoy anything about this 'scent'.

Its exactly as *tuberose_and _sand* described as it is far toooo fruity without any flower power coming thru on my skin.

It is such a disappointment cz i tested this on a paper strip, (cz had already sprayed something else on both my wrist) & immediately liked it as it smelt very floral with a hint of fruit, so i had brought it & to my despair it stank so bad of a heavy synthetic fruity cocktail on me.
Had to give it away although it was hard to find someone who would take it.

Thus ended my respect for GArmani & hz idole(idiot).
No offence to those who like it.

yvashche
yvashche

I never like Armani perfumes. I was sniffing around in an Australian shop and ended up buying another perfume after sampling this one, but I remembered it. So I went perfume shopping again at home and though I smelled every single perfume that was on offer, they all eventually settled into a very sweet drydown, which is boring. The only one that stood out was Idole. So I bought it. It is very strange and not like other perfumes. Do not spray a lot of this one and make sure it is not sprayed close to your nose: spray it on your stomach and the effect is ethereal. Can seem more mature, but it is earthy and flowery with a surpising hint of rose and jasmine. Just a little powdery. Kinda reminds me of Rose the One, but without the horrible bitterness.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Is the post below me serious? Goes well on dark skin??? Someone gave that a thumbs up? This has got to be a damn joke

guest_alexanna7

Idole goes well on darker skin.black.latino.italian.or those who have the chemistry and the heart of an italian.wich i have.armani perfumes needs the right chemistry.on me.its like its part of my skin and blend verry well.like a spicy rose almost.i search for this kind of perfumes for years!not all can wear armani.

sham_1983
sham_1983

lady with agent style aka james bond girl.. for me it's just armani.just of the brand . and not of the smell... 3/10 ... to simple . ginger?i expect a harvest flower powering smell.. SENSI,AcQua di gio , armani code that is nice.. as a armani fan, i just wait for another new armani ..

fragrance_is_happiness
fragrance_is_happiness

I tested it on my arm today, just a little bit and still it was a headache inducer from the first sniff. Very overwhelmingly floral (must be jasmine n rose) and spicy (saffron and ginger). Not for me but I can appreciate it on somebody else. Does feel very luxurious and 'perfumey'. I wouldn't class this as fruity floral. Defnitely floral oriental to my nose.

guest_alexanna7

Got it on me now...pear saffron with a sweet incense note.mmm.you know when you wear a perfume and that you don.t know what it is but you just love it...like mystic chemistry vibe.it is what it is.love at first smell!a man can wear this.a sensual man.mmm.

Anahi
Anahi

I'm not sure whether i'd name this a Fruity Floral, or an Oriental Floral. It smells fruity, but then you get this sort of spicy undertone from the ginger. It smells exactly like 'Sean Jean Unforgivable Woman', my gosh. I remember spritzing this on with a tonne of other perfumes in store, and like days later 'Idole d'Armani' was the only one I could still smell on my scarf..

LadyMuck
LadyMuck

Modern fragrance. Cannot call this one unique in anyway as it does tend to smell very similar to a lot of the fragrances popping up but it's very wearable and easy going. Just a good every day fragrance.

zvoncica
zvoncica

In any store I came Idole was the hottest stuff, every girl wanted to buy new Armani. So, I also gave it a shot.

Idole is floral fruity, cheerful, little sweet and quite lasting perfume. I haven’t experienced any enthusiasm smelling opening, middle or base notes. Left me reserved and disappointed. I don’t think there is anything wrong with Idole, but it has no personality! If I didn’t read name Armani on the bottle I would never think this is produced by most glamourous and famous producer of high class fashion and perfumes.

Last time I checked “idole” means something or someone to adore and admire blindly. Armani has missed the name or content of the bottle. Or both?

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Judging on how ridiculously over-advertised this is, you'd expect Idole to be something as grand and enigmatic as a Mona Lisa. But the truth is, it really isnt that spectacular at all.

Idole has tried to present itself as a 'sexy' and 'sensual' fragrance. However, I find 'sexy' and 'sensual' to be the last thing on my mind when I try it on.

What comes to mind is that Idole is a 'safe' and 'versatile' fragrance that suits the corporate office environment or al fresco lunch meetings.

Florals and spice notes which finish off with a pleasant masculine breeze.

Basically a fruity floral that just escapes being same-y by the unusual note of bitter saffron that lifts it above the normal fruit/floral combination. Not my style, but it has the innocence of fruit and flowers with that indefinable note of elegance the saffron adds. It's really nice, but not different enough in the end to turn my head.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This fragrance has a wonderfully unique personality on my skin. I get a lot of ginger, saffron, and vetiver. It's better in winter than in summer, because the cold weather enhances these notes. The top and heart notes last a long time, too (which is not usually the case with my chemistry). It's a zesty, feminine, and comforting fragrance. I like it very, very much. I tried it during the summer, and it expressed itself as a saffron-tinged floral fragrance then. I prefer wearing it in cold weather.

falovalo
falovalo

My nose must surely be playing tricks on me, because I thought I smelled evil, evil patchouli! I'm fighting a cold so maybe it was just the vetiver or ginger working against me... maybe. Anyway, it's a mature fragrance, neither playful or youthful. It smells like a strong willed office woman. Nothing special here, which is what you would expect since it's advertised to death.

I'm on the fence with this fragrance. While Idole d'Armani is a pleasant floral, I can't say that I've warmed to the fruity undertones. It's almost juicy-floral quality is very foreign to my nose, however I do appreciate its uniqueness.

I like how the ginger and saffron give Idole d'Armani a spicy and rather sensual feel. While the top notes of clementine and pear didn't sit right with me, the ginger made the experience a pleasant one.

The heart is again very interesting with notes of rose, jasmine and saffron creating a rich, spicy floral combination, somewhat comparable to Agent Provocateur, just not as heady and strong.

My favourite part was the drydown which was simplistic yet comforting. The vetiver is smooth and feminine and I can also detect two other notes which I assume to be vanilla and musk which give Idole d'Armani a slightly sweet conclusion.

Overall, the lasting power was not bad at all, however the sillage was actually quite light, a lot lighter than I expected. I think Idole d'Armani is certainly an enjoyable scent, just not for me.

SSUNSHINE4497
SSUNSHINE4497

I smelled Idole on a spray card at Macys and liked it...(but not sure if its "for me") Then I smelled it in a magazine and rubbed it on my wrist-I do like it but will have to try it on at the store and let it dry down. The scent is a bit "mature" and I usually go for more fruity / fresh scents..we will see :)

Tam
Tam

A strange perfume but distinctive. I tried it on a paper strip and didn't like it but I've tested on skin today and found it worked well with my skin chemistry. The jasmine and rose notes really come through well on me. I agree it smells like a more expensive version of Unforgiveable Woman. I'd rather be an idol than unforgiveable and I think I will be making strong hints to get it for Christmas!

guest_Renee
guest_Renee

I just purchased this fragrance this week. Wasn't sure what to make of it at first. Like some others I found that it faded rather quickly after a short period of time, even though the initial notes of the fragrance were wonderfully subtle. So I decided to try it with my all time favorite fragrance: Anick Goutal's Gardenia Passion. It seems to give Idole that extra kick it was needing. The gardenia seems to really complement the Idole. At least on my body.

yogini
yogini

This reminds me a lot about Sean John's Unforgivible Woman...

krishka

yes...whitered flowers is the exact description....
i don't hate it but i don't like it either.
i see it more like a male frag...think might smell good on a man...

tuberose_and _sand
tuberose_and _sand

Obviously, this review is for the way Idole smells on my skin, so it's not about offending other tastes!!! I can say wholeheartedly that it is unpleasant. A big heap of stale sugar plus some drunken, tired, withered flowers, together with the water they've been kept in for the whole week...a complex cocktail it is indeed, but I cannot stand it. It's not that it smells cheap, because to me it doesn't; it's just that it smells bad, sickly. Lasting power: short to average.

Zhara
Zhara

A dark fruit. A fruit that makes a lascivious sound when you bite into it. Very green, sweet, yet grounded. The patchouli, ginger and spice definitely steer this scent out of fluffy territory - no spun sugar cotton candy here. Instead, the sugar is a dark, sticky syrup; almost a venom.

The synthetic notes are not bashful, but they oddly enough give a lushness, a poshness. Indeed this is a large designer fragrance, and no niche-market bohemian. But as far as mass-market designer fragrances go, this is quite a winner. Complex, grown up, and deep with fruit and leaf and that ever-present dangerous syrup. Overall, a very pleasant surprise.

Hillary Duff With Love is at home on the shelf next to a bottle of Armani Idole - both have taken the current trend of sweet fruity frag.s and given them a diploma and a stock portfolio.

guest_pickyone
guest_pickyone

I tried many scents lately and this one really stands out, long lasting and classy!

Suseken
Suseken

This one is not my cup of tea.On my skin it developes fruity notes,i can't find ginger and vetiver.But maybe it finds other friends.

I'm not usually a fan of Giorgio Armani fragrances. They all smell mean to me, sickeningly artificial and boring. It maybe a problem of skin chemistry. My friend wears Diamonds and it smells so good on her! Not on me.
I had some expectations for this Idole, but I had to confirm a general opinion of mine: designers throw perfume on market because they don't know what else to do and it's generally more money making than clothes as they are cheaper way to wear a status symbol trademark.
I'm not saying it stinks. It is actually nice smelling, surely less vulgar and more elegant than many others, only very banal and on my skin it smells immediately musty. I would like to smell it on another wearer than myself.
Still I don't find it interesting especially while reading the flamboyante presentation above. If this is Giorgio's personal ideal woman, he's not a difficult one to get satisfied.

guest_safa
guest_safa

to me... it's kind of Unforgiveable Woman-ish... but i would actually buy this one, i prefer it. it has that old time kind of charm and class to it, like Joy Patou fragrances. i'd probably try out a 30mL and see how i go.

Aalia
Aalia

I tested the scent, without reading the notes. I found the scent to be very sweet, darling, fun, fruity. The scent did not last long at all. It disappeared on my skin extremely fast, I'd say, hmmm..half of an hour? This was even on a cool evening. I can't imagine these notes in this perfume...saffron, ginger, jasmine, and vetiver? I suppose the saffron can be sensed in the smooth "texture" of this perfume, but , if all the notes are really hidden - washed away and trodden upon by the pear and clementine, wich to me smelled alot like yellow melon.

amber_glow
amber_glow

Yes it is a very nice smell but not for young women. Too classic. I have the tester and gave it to my grandmother.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Loved the scent of this fragrance from the bottle, but when I tried it on my skin, I had to wash it off after an hour or so.

Perhaps I sprayed too much as the scent was just too "strong" - must be the ginger & vetiver that I just don't like. :(

Try it on your skin & beware of the nozzle which is an "easy" one to spray & gives a liberal spray. In small amounts this may be quite nice.

lynnroo
lynnroo

Well most of the people who try this fragrance dislike it because their expectations were too high. And we can't blame them since Giorgio Armani makes gorgeous perfumes like Emporio Armani She, Armani Mania, Armani Code and on and on... This one is also quite good actually but it's not an outstanding achievement. So people tend to dislike it. They expect something over the top from Armani and that's very normal. Idole d'Armani is a very well composed scent in my opinion. (About the ad and the bottle I can't say the same thing cos the ad doesn't make sense and the bottle is not innovative) Even though I think that it's well composed, I wouldn't purchase it. Well, I would purchase it if it was my 6th or 7th choice of perfume. So Armani, we know you can do better cos we've seen'em before. What about Armani She in her 30s? Well THAT would be my idol, not this one.

Kate_Perfume_Addict
Kate_Perfume_Addict

I am a little disappointed :( Although I love the smell, it doesn't last long so it's a short-lived pleasure..

I bought "IDOLE d'Armani" with my expectations being so high because I'm using "Acqua di Gio" (and not only) for years and it lasts on my skin very long, about 12 hours.

In conclusion: sadly - it's a disappointment, however I do NOT regret that I bought "IDOLE d'Armani" (and yes, I would buy again!)

As in life, not all pleasures are long-lasting .. some are short-lived pleasures and I know how to appreciate and enjoy these pleasures too, like "IDOLE d'Armani"! :P

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

I LOVED IT WHEN IT WAS FIRST SPRAYED ON MY HAND BUT AFTER IT DRIED DOWNED IT DID NOT SMELL LIKE IT DID AT FIRST WHICH IT WAS SWEETER,AFTERWARDS IT WAS JUST A VERY FAIBNT FLORAL,TOO MUCH MONEY FOR SCENTS THAT SMELL GOOD FOR ONLY 5 MINUTES.

This is a very fruity scent, but at first the saffron is bitter enough to make it interesting and keep it from being exactly like everything else on the market right now. As it dries down it becomes soft and gentle, almost an incense rose, but the citrus fruit notes are just too strong to allow this to become the beauty I think it could be. In the end, it finishes as a sort of same-y modern floral, which is a shame at this price-point. It starts very nice, but ends boring. Sad.

guest_angel
guest_angel

Very strange one, this. All the notes made me think I would love it, but it's almost non-existent on the skin! Bizarre. It barely smells of anything, then disappears completely after a couple of minutes. How very odd. I'm assuming it just doesn't work with my skin chemistry, though that has never happened to me before.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

Very strong,sweet, overpowering, expensive! I just can't get into it, prefer Diamonds.....another new perfume that doesn't do it for me. Next...

jatzzie
jatzzie

Pretty bottle, nice name and concept, very much advertized, and a not so small price tag.You'd think that when you add these "ingredients" together, you would get a very special perfume.The outcome? Nothing.Literally nothing.Idole doesn't stick to your head at all, the fragrance is boring and forgettable.I can't even remember exactly what it smelled like, and usually I can.Armani usually makes really nice perfumes, sadly Idole isn't one of them...I wouldn't say I hate it, ofcourse not, but I don't like it either. :P

MoietToi
MoietToi

I tried it on a few days ago. I must say that I got a very strange,almost bipolar impression of this scent. At first it smells alot like some cough medecine that I used to take when I was younger. But then all by the sudden it starts to smell rather gourmandy. But there is still some unplesant sourness in the background that turns me off. But I can't really think of a way to desrcibe it from there. But it turns into a very light floral just a few seconds later and the medecine smell turns up once more. Prehaps this would suit an older woman rather than a teen like me?

PORSCHA
PORSCHA

Very exotic, I love the warm , fruity notes in it... it smells nicer when it settles, I think it would a make a good autumn, winter scent.

krishka

Simple perfume, i do agree that is very common and unmemorable...noth worth the dough

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

very common although you would't think so considering the bottle and the name. it's modern, a bit fresh, but nothing too memorable... and to pricey for what it has to offer.

kizkad
kizkad

when i first sprayed this my mind instantly jumped to unforgivable woman by sean john, which i absolutely adore, but this smelt very similar at first sniff so i could not really justify spending the extra on something i essentially already had, however, i had a walk around with it on and this really settles down into something very unique, special. it has a warmth to it that it perfect for autumn and this has completely gone right to the head of my fragrance list, my instant all time favourite

enigmatict
enigmatict

This has very little sillage and is boring! After the cleaning product opening all you smell is jasmine of the inferior type.

rainydays
rainydays

At first sniff, I was very turned off by this... like bitter alcohol. A little bit later, though, it improved, and was actually quite enjoyable. It became much warmer, and the fruits really came out strong (but not in a bad way... they gave it a fresh, sweet quality, almost a little gourmand). The jasmine, thank goodness, was very subdued. Very sophisticated, modern smell.

Very similar to Unforgivable Woman by Sean John.Idole d`Armani smells more expensive than U.W and does not have pink pepper notes of U.W.

Tarida
Tarida

This was bought as a gift for me and I love it. I wore this to work yesterday and i received lots of compliments at work from both men and women. Sweet and spicy.

TPC123
TPC123

The most sophisticated and ellegant fragrance i have smelt to date; (and i work in a fragrance store). I was dissapointed to log on and see how many of you didn't appreciate such an erotic armoa. The crispness of the ginger, the ever so sweet turkish delight rose and the stretch of ginger which binds the intensity is truly a testiment to how well perfume has evolved over the past decade.
I refuse to believe that this fragrance has offended ANYONE'S sense of smell. I urge you all to go out and smell it again! IF not on skin; try it on card.. just to appreciate the refinement. Afterall perfumery is an artform, and we need to appreciate that; just like art, ANYTHING goes!

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Wow. Never thought I'd see the day I would call an Armani fragrance bland. Mainstream yes, but boring? I can't believe it...and with one of my favourite notes too, Jasmine.

And that's it. Quickly on, quickly over, quickly forgotten. The most disappointing Armani fragrance I have ever tested.

I don't like it. Sorry to everyone who find pleasure in this scent, but for me it's just the last "modern" fragrance made of nothing. I tested it on my skin and found it so disturbing and banal in its composition. Just a bottle with a famous name. I could be wrong due to my personal chemistry, but this Idole doesn't seem a great work of art.

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Initially I loved this fragrance but there is absolutely nothing original or spectacular about it to justify the price tag. It's a warm, powdery floral with subtle fruits but after a while a bitterness comes through - a bit like orange pith - I didn't expect or like this and yet it seemed to be the strongest accent in this perfume. Overall it did not last well either, no longer than the average Avon fragrance. I was dissappointed but glad I only tested it and didn't purchase it! Bought something entirely different and far cheaper instead!

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I just sprayed it on myself from a sample I got recently... this is everything I hate in a perfume. I do not like the "ethereal, light and flowery" perfumes. But the worst thing is that it is really strong on me! I cannot smell anything but flowers, to me it lacks spices and fruits notes.
All in all I think a lot of people will like it, but this is exactly the kind of perfume I would never buy.

taydev

this smelled fab on paper, as many frag's do, but i had to try it on my skin today. i was a little disappointed, it was a love/hate thing going on as some of the notes i detected were wonderful and others i detested. after wearing it for 2 hours it did get better but it has a bitterness that i dont care for. probably smells heavenly on others tho.

guest_gracia
guest_gracia

I GOT A 75ml BOTTLE TODAY IN BOOTS UK LOVE IT, IS FRESH A BIT SWEET ANS SPICY IS NOT A STRONG PERFUME FOR ME I WILL PREFER A BIT MORE STRONG BUT IS FINE FOR A EVERY DAY FRAGANCE NOT FOR SPECIAL OCATIONS . IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES FRAGANCE.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Ginger, saffron and vetiver. Very different perfume from many new ones. It reminds me a lot of 212 Sexy. At first I also felt pear, that adds juiciness to this pretty spicy floral. Later it becomes saffron very much and I really like it- somewhat different, but I also like 212 Sexy, so I will be buying that one. I really would recommend to try this if you like florals with some spices.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

When i tried it for the first time i said no way!I didnt like it at all,it was something sharp i didnt like.Must be the clemetine because i hate clemetine smell.So i decided that it is not for me,but later when i smelled my hand i changed my mind.It was feminine and sweet.By the end it was perfect,i still have a bit remaining on my hand and it is lovely now.The drydown is the best for me.So i can give this a chance after all..

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This,unlike all recent launches of the house,could become an Armani classic.
A good scent,a powerful bottle,a striking name.
I find the Egyptian jasmin attractively dominating the perfume,along with the orientalism of the saffron.
It felt comfortable,evening,sexy and,to my surprise,original.

renneyg007
renneyg007

I like this. Had no idea of the notes when i tested it but felt it reminiscent of Ferre mixed with DG's The One. Very feminine, soft, smooth but strong at the same time. Feel this could be a new classic but not to everyone's taste as its quite understated. Not convinced of its staying power but did try it on top of a fading Moschino Couture...doh!

Natalia78
Natalia78

Strange perfume. Very strong and luxury. Will suit all fashionistas.
After couple hours of wearing it leaves strong and quite annoying note of vetiver, though. I guess the perfume should have been enriched with a musk or vanilla note; that would make it much more sensual and interesting. Without it, the dry down is pretty flat and bothering.

Princess
Princess

Wow! what an amazing fragrance! its spicy! smells so good! Its very simelare to dolce and gabbana the one for men and a bit like Hilary Duffs with love.
But its gorgeous!

atenais_only
atenais_only

not bad Armani!
Frankly, I expected more.
I like the smell and think it will be good for autumn.
However I find it a bit heavy and wouldn't wear in the morning due to over sensitivity to aromas. Jasmine makes it fresh but not enough fresh for my taste.

taydev

smelled this the first week it cam out at saks ny. smells pretty good, nice, youthful. not good with notes as of yet but i would consider purchasing this fragrance in the future

sky76sky
sky76sky

Deep, thick & warm gourmand fruity-floriental with a kick. It is not a young or light fragrance as it carries with it an air of 'knowing'....a certain aged quality. At first I thought it had nothing in common with other Armani fragrances, but the longer it remains on the skin, the more likenesses I find.

I have to admit that I really disliked the opening - sugary rum mixed with the smell you get went you over-boil jasmine rice! The clementine & pear were not the culprits (they added a joyous fruity lift), the ginger was delicate, so I am imagining it was the saffron playing with the jasmine.

Despite a bit of nose-wrinkling I let the perfume develop & it did improve. I was expecting a hit of sweet turkish rose, but it was the thick & heady jasmine that made her presence known throughout.

The woodsy notes really ground this fragrance &, although it is too sweet for my tastes & I can't get past the 'jasmine-rice' part, I can see it having a following, come autumn.

jonr951
jonr951

I rather liked this one! Alot actually! Its definately my favorite from Armani! Its sweet and spicy! I love the pear, ginger, saffron, and rose combination! I love the bottle too! Its a winner in my book and i hope to get it soon! Nice job Giorgio!

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

Just tried on tonight! The vetiver stands out with the saffron and thank goodness they did not put too much ginger in it. very nice jasmine and a such a nice amount of fruit, not too juicy. Will have to ask for a sample. It's current simple sophisticated and stylish; with some rich and interesting notes that transcends the fad and deserves the golden colour. the bottle could be a little nicer but it does look like it is from a different era and that is appreciated.

Idole d`Armani by Giorgio Armani 3.67 out of 5 based on 861 ratings and 185 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Idole d`Armani fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Idole d`Armani, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Idole d`Armani by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Idole d`Armani by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.