Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Idole d`Armani Eau de Toilette Giorgio Armani for women

Idole d`Armani Eau de Toilette Giorgio Armani for women
dislike

A lighter version of last year's edition, Idole d`Armani EDT can be expected on the market at the beginning of March 2010. The opulent, floral composition of the original perfume has been refreshed with luminous, citrusy notes.

Idole d`Armani EDT opens with accentuated accords of bitter orange, with softened ginger and davana, while leaving a fresh and tart impression in the very beginning. A heart changed Egyptian jasmine for green note of jasmine which adds shine and airiness to the composition. A mystical and balmy base of styrax and patchouli has been softened and reduced to clear accords of amber.

The flacon has the same shape as the EDP version introduced last year and it was created of glass and crowned with a metal cap.

The fragrance is available as 50 ml EDT.

Ginger Bitter Orange

Jasmine

Patchouli Amber Styrax

Idole d`Armani

Idole d`Armani Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Juliana6
Juliana6

This one is very unusual and unique, at first I couldn't figure out the notes, not even the right direction or group. That happens quite rarely to me.:) The ginger at the beginning gives a warm, almost woody vibe which melts so well with the citrus note. Then I feel a quite realistic jasmine (that's great!) wrapped in crushed almond and almond peels veil.The base is all about that wonderful almond (a nutty, delicious cream) with a soft touch of patchouli (to make it a bit intimate) and amber (to keep it warm and radiant).
Aromatic, unique, intoxicating.
I agree-it could be considered as a unisex fragrance.

Elmyra
Elmyra

Oh no, why bring an edt of this?! The edp was such a wonderful, happy, sensual and intimate frag! And very MYSTERIOUS... No one could ever guess what i was wearing :)
What a downer that it has been discontinued, i would stock up on the edp if i see it at airports or abroad

Jama4
Jama4

The EDT is a tamer version of the EDP.

Initial Spritz: smells like men's collogne and expensive white wine
1 hr later: the scent has really softned up, it smells more unisex, the ginger, jasmine and amber dominate
8hrs later: wow very nice, amber patcholi and styrax combine nicely to produce an alluring yet soft fragrance (I usually find amber and patch to strong but in this perfume they work nicely)

Skin Type: oily
Office safe: yes
Potency: Medium ( 2-5 sprays)
Timing: fall, winter, spring
Projection: arm’s length
Longevity: about 10 hrs
Price about $25 for 75 ml/ 2.7 oz at Winners / TJMaxx
Packaging: 8/10 the lid on the EDT is silver and the bottle is more transparent than the EDP bottle.

Will I Repurchase: Undecided

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

aidie
aidie

When I first sprayed this on my wrist I immediately thought I was going to hate it. To me it smelled very overwhelming and kind of chemical or artifical, in fact it almost gave me a headache. However, after an hour or two the scent really changed. It was still strong, but a lot softer and richer. I didn't love it at this point either, but it was quite nice. I would describe this scent as classy, confident and sophisticated. It is definitely a grown-up scent, without being "granny-like" by any means. Even though it didn't really suit me, I can understand why so many women like this.

papergurl

Ok, I think I've got it, although it didn't come up when I punched in "notes". I haven't had Aliage in forever, but there was a time when I wore it a lot. The notes I am getting with Idole are the green/piney then citrus/bitter orange that give you that spicy-crisp that is mellowed with the styrax and white flower/jasmine. So Aliage in "feel", but more layers and warms up on the dry down if that makes sense.

papergurl

I received a roller sample with a recent order and I agree with the fresh cut grass element. I normally love gourmand/orientals and I am floored with this one. This is going to be my new late Winter-early Spring scent. I couldn't stop smelling the top of my hand where I had just put a little bit. This is delicious, warm, breezy, floral and crisp. I know, odd description, but this one is a study in contrasts and Idole works. Fresh spicy is so accurate. Great sillage, longevity. Also, someone help, this is really spot on of something early 80's, maybe late 70's, and it is going to bother me until I can place it. Just well done.

Aroussa

I wouldn't agree on the curbing sexual harrassment comment of previous reviewer. Here's why.
Last week, I was wearing Idole and getting coffee in the office kitchen when a cute colleague of mine who I've known for ages came in. We were alone, standing side by side at the counter... when he suddenly leans over to me and sniffs...leans in even closer and sniffs again... until his nose is in my hair... and he sighs and says,"Wow, what is that you're wearing? It's delicious. It suits you". So - there's no accounting for taste. It'd say in my case Idole would be a CAUSE for filing a sexual harrassment claim!

tinavontease
tinavontease

This is for business time, and I mean that literally. This scent has no sensuality to it whatsoever. Could possibly be used to curb sexual harassment in the workplace.

hedonna27
hedonna27

Fresh,a little sweet and very sexy I love it...yet on me it doesn't last too long :(

Gigifst
Gigifst

I bought Provocative Woman, and they are very very very similar. I'v them both and i spriz idole in one wrist and provocative woman on the other. They'r really similar. Love them both, but when i finish my Idole i wont buy it again, Provocative woman is cheaper and the result is almost the same:)

Danimm1986
Danimm1986

One of my all time favorites! Powerful for an EDT, but not TOO overpowering. For some reason, maybe its my body chemistry, but it reminds me of a freshly cut lawn. Its just so pretty and sexy, I can wear it night or day :)

merlin
merlin

I agree somewhat with Vertigo...

Well, Im not a huge fan of oriental florals...but this makes the exception!
And Im not the huge fan of Armani...after the disastrous "Diamonds".

Its really a complex perfume, unique in Its own way... Difficult to describe ...but It has more than just the notes listed here...
A well blended spicy floral.... To me, Its not linear...It changes every minute.
I adore the opening.... The middle notes remind me of Tendre Jasmine of Y.Rocher (which I hate, yeahh Im not a fan of this flower)... And than Loves comes again with the base notes...wich predominant is patchouli ...Hmmmm...

This perfume has so much personality..Its very noticeable,SEXY,modern, warm without being cloying , revolutionary bold...and made for a strong character...Its not for a young teen, or shy girl.
I prefer to use It on cold weather,,, It can be a bit strong for summer.

This is absolutely a BIG perfume...for being only and Eau de toilete. It stands from the crowd !
Great sillage, great staying power (only dont spray It too much )

Applauses to Armani !!!
Great

Contessa01
Contessa01

I dont have the original Idole Darmani to compare but I have smelt it before and I think this smells very similar, it is really beautiful, fresh, sexy great for summer or spring.
Edit: I grew very bored of this very quickly.

Helsinki
Helsinki

A surprisingly addictive and pleasant scent when you take in count that Idole includes the MUCH disputed patchouli note. Patchouli is, after all, the core of Idole and gives it a brave posture. A scent very determinate but not dominating, which is a sexy quality, to my tastes.

I look forward wearing/trying Idole further in fall. During these three days that I've worn this, I've walked above the wind and people walking in front of me have turned around to see who is the source of the smell. Good or bad - I can't tell on behalf of them ;) I like Idole and it gets a (+) for its longevity.

Manya
Manya

This bright, golden fragrance is nothing like its cloying sibling!

I was surprised that the juicy fruit notes in the opening last and last. Then there is the spicy ginger, and lush jasmine, and a distinctly earthy patchouli note. All in all, a very positive spring/summer fragrance, definitely to be worn during the day.

But its cheery and bright sillage can get a bit too overwhelming. It's a bit like a pretty but obnoxious girl talking too loudly, hoping to be noticed. I don't think I could take an entire day being followed by this loud, annoyingly optimistic fragrant noise...I agree with Vertigo's opinion that it is intrusive.

If you like grown-up fruity florals and to be able to smell your perfume all day long, this is definitely worth a try!

Aroussa

Just nabbed the last 30 ml bottle from the store... sold out. I loved the EDP, and was afraid the EDT would not live up to my expectations. But it did, marvellously. Everyhting that is gorgeous about the EDP plus just the right amount of green and airy notes, to make it perfect for a balmy summer day. Lovely!

juliane
juliane

dito vertigo!

it's verrrrry nice. a perfect, elegant, modern and sexy melange which suits every age. i can't tell one note out of it (maybe ginger?!) and that's why i even like it more! semi good sillage and longvity...but anyway i need to have it!

i like it

guest_girl
guest_girl

this is so sweet god mm spesial

guest_prinsess
guest_prinsess

this is very good smell spesial litll sexy to feminin i think mm

vertigo
vertigo

This is impossible!
Only these notes? Really?
Because Idole d`Armani Eau de Toilette is not even remotely similar to anything I've smelled before!

At first sniff it gave me such a strange feeling, I was expecting a watered down Idole, but this was so surprising ...
Strong, floral, spicy, plastic - I had to sniff again very deeply, and my head got spinning at that point.
Couldn't and still can't say what I'm smelling, a totally unique composition forming one accord - the smell doesn't change in time, I can still smell it just the way it was in the beginning, just a bit more faint ...
It's so difficult to describe! It's simultaneously sweet, spicy, dry ...
I swoon over how modern, futuristic and urban it is.
A smell of 21st century's seducer.

In my opinion - much better than the original!

I've already gone through phases of love (in the beginning), hate (after half an hour) - maybe because I was expecting it to change, but it was still so stubborn and intrusive with its aroma ... now starting to love it again ...
Definitely ambivalent feelings, maybe that's the key to starting a serious relationship?

Big sillage, big staying power (more than 6 hours).
Bravo Armani !!!

Idole d`Armani Eau de Toilette by Giorgio Armani 3.65 out of 5 based on 116 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Idole d`Armani Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Idole d`Armani Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Idole d`Armani Eau de Toilette by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Idole d`Armani Eau de Toilette by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.