Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

La Femme Nacre Giorgio Armani for women

La Femme Nacre Giorgio Armani for women
dislike

La Femme Nacre Giorgio Armani for women Pictures

La Femme Nacre by Giorgio Armani is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. La Femme Nacre was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Marie Salamagne. The fragrance features iris, orris root and musk.

iris Orris Root Musk

La Femme Nacre Fragrance Reviews

lovescully
lovescully

First off the name of the fragrance as listed here (and on other websites/blogs) is I believe both misleading and incorrect. Neither the packaging on my bottle (number 136/1000) nor the advertising on Armani's own website refers to this as 'La Femme Nacre'. It is simply called 'Armani/Prive Nacre'. Regardless, in the wearing it is my opinion that it is totally a unisex fragrance.

Although only a few notes are listed here, I detect more than just iris and musk. It is definitely dominated by those 2, but I can sense a woody aspect that adds depth and character. It starts with a dry and surprisingly earthy note which I suspect is orris root. It quickly develops the familiar powdery characteristic that iris is know for and after about 20 minutes the musk gently appears to compliment the iris. The musk used here is not that familiar to me and doesn't bring to mind any particular feelings that I would normally associate with musk, such as either 'laundry' or 'animalistic'. In fact, I tend to feel an almost gourmand quality to the musk used here. Like a musk flavouring that might be used in a dessert.

When the dry down arrives, it is less iris and more musk and wood. I wish I could give a name to the woody note(s) used here, but it's almost as if they were an afterthought. I guess the best way to describe it is as a 'tree' smell rather than leafy, grassy or smoky; like freshly cut wood.

While Nacre is long lasting, it is understated and fairly quiet.

On the downside, this is outrageously expensive (Retail AUS$650.00) but as only 1000 bottles were produced worldwide, I guess you are paying for the exclusivity as much as the beautiful fragrance, bottle and overall presentation. Luckily for me, as Nacre has now finished its exclusive production run and since the release of the 2013 exclusive 'Nuances', I was able to obtain this directly from the Giorgio Armani boutique at a vastly reduced price with my purchase of Nuances.

Overall, this is a unique and one of a kind fragrance that I will cherish until the last drop.

*As an aside, the Giorgio Armani rep's told me that Armani Prive's Ambre d'Orient & Cedre Olympe are both being discontinued. Of course this could just be in Sydney Australia and not worldwide.

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

When I first encountered this scent, it was sprayed towards me by a determined sales woman and quite honestly, I wasn't impressed. It seemed boring and not enticing. However, after about two minutes of it laying on my skin, I was very intrigued. Unique, pure, and beautiful. So simple but so lovely.

The iris is very present, however it is not bombarded by vetiver or other accords that we typically find iris is accompanied (and often, cheapened - in my opinion) by. Instead, it remains very natural with orris root adding slight bitterness adding to the earthiness of the scent, drying down with just enough musk while still staying true to the iris. I did end up purchasing a bottle. While yes, this scent was ridiculously expensive - I had been looking for an iris as pure as this, and I couldn't let it go.

I cringed a bit when I took one home, I didn't even want to look at the receipt. But you know what, this is a special fragrance, and not just because it's so exclusive (who cares about exclusivity if it doesn't even smell good), it's because this truly is a one of a kind fragrance. To me, it is one of the most beautiful and pure iris scents I've ever experienced. And so it will remain, my #86 (of 1000 made) bottle along with my other favourite scents - to be enjoyed in moments where luxury and comfort are desired and appreciated.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Ultra woody aerial iris. Very good

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

Just want to say that it's not the perfume alone that cost so much. The bottle is special. They have used thin films of the Mother-of-Pearl, from New Zealand oysters, on the bottle. So the bottle is costly too, which add to the total price. It doesn't say anything about the bottle here, but google it and you'll find out more.

mocha43
mocha43

I received a 1/2 ml sample of Armani Prive La Femme Nacre EDP limited edition from Surrender to Chance. It cost $11.98. I have had 0ne drop of this on my wrist for the past 6 hours. It is divine. However, is it La Femme Nacre or is it a step beyond? In either case the cost is so high that I had just better cherish this for as long as my sample holds out. What I have is incredibly complex and smells like old money, money, money.

hunterblu
hunterblu

I would be so delighted if some generous owner of this frag would decant a tiny bit and sell or trade it...I will pay or trade whatever is required just to try this once or twice. Looks and sounds spectacular!

Hamed90
Hamed90

I have a sample of this and to me it smells really beautiful! Mainly Iris I smell. It is more feminine than la femme bleue. However, La femme bleue is so much better in my opinion. It's more complex i would say. I'm still upset I didn't buy it! Now I can't find it anywhere. Sigh.

ZZxyx
ZZxyx

Where can I test it in London?? :O

hilda-marie
hilda-marie

well, I tested it on my skin - amazing ... lasts "forever". somehow I can feel vaguely similarity with bois d´essence (armani privee). Pure lux, it is not a flower bouquet, but deep and dark.
I can never buy it by my own, there is lot of other things I can do with 500 €, but silently I envy those people who could buy and enjoy it.

La Femme Nacre by Giorgio Armani 4.58 out of 5 based on 25 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani La Femme Nacre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani La Femme Nacre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Femme Nacre by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Femme Nacre by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.