Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Mania Giorgio Armani for women

Mania Giorgio Armani for women
dislike

Mania Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Mania Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Mania Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Mania Giorgio Armani for women Pictures

Mania by Giorgio Armani is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Mania was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are labdanum, orange blossom, vanilla and bergamot; middle notes are nutmeg, amber, cloves and saffron; base notes are iris, vanilla, guaiac wood and white musk.

Labdanum Orange Blossom Vanilla Bergamot

Nutmeg Amber Cloves Saffron

iris Vanilla Guaiac Wood White Musk

Mania Fragrance Reviews

mshilov
mshilov

The last original fragrance concept (scent/ packaging/ advertising) bearing Armani name. And it was discontinued soon - to be followed by those located between shame and disgust.

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

I miss this fragrance so much...bring it back!! So much better than the resent Mania..

claudia26
claudia26

PLeASE BRING IT BACK.

CeciliaKu
CeciliaKu

This modern fragrance is not as spicy as the notes suggest, it is spicy and yet fresh.

Mania is very unique, edgy and minimal.

henri345que
henri345que

For me, Mania is one of the most daring and obscure Giorgio Armani fragrances launched so far, one which is obscure but as velvet as silk at the same time. The beginning of the 2000 decade brought some risky oriental fragrances, and this is one of them. In structure it`s similar with Donna Karan Black Cashmere possessing an aura of smoky incense, dark flowers and sensual spices. But the difference relies that Mania goes on a silkier territories by a soft powdery vanilla an a creamy musk. It`s not an everyone fragrance, it`s unique, love or hate, one that could be easily in its armani prive collection today. It has a dark sophisticated aura, if you like it back up until you can still find it.

valbona.bergman

i find this perfume perky and playfull but sometimes snicky and full of joy!Spicy and yet fresh...as i speak i can bring it to my mind! Really modern and special, distinctive and outstanding! I used to wear it in highschool and after that it was sadly discontinued. I think it would have been a must for young women :) between 16-23 too bad it's out :/

nada
nada

managed to get this long discontinued scent on ebay... I had it once soon after it was created, and never smelled it since my bottle broke:( Now feels like meeting old friend - scent is so recognizable.

I absolutely agree - it is very modern, minimal and rich with precious woods. It is the sandalwood with musk at the base that lingers almost forever. But sadly it is not in your notes here. I disagree about amount of vanilla and presence of cloves. Those are definitely not the main notes anyway.

Susan_b
Susan_b

I took a chance and bought this one online. I was reluctant because it has been discontinued for a while so I was worried that the scent would have lost it's uumph. I was pleasantly surprised, my exact words "Hello lover!". It's powdery yet sexy. It's an oldie but goody. It made me feel great. Isn't that the ultimate goal of perfume????

This is a spicy unisex fresh scent, interesting, but not really something I would like, or maybe in the heat of summer as it is a cold scent. The saffron is what is left on me, my clothes, it is bitter and doesn't smell real feminine. So I would say the original Mana is a unique cool scent, maybe more edgy than the later version, but I prefer wearing the newer version,it isn't so spicy and is warmer also.

diego.lesgart

Ha ha ha ha . . . A shopassistant sold me as unisex!!! Is ozonik and fresh...

soonflower
soonflower

Lovely, sexy, spicy, warm.
It's such a shame that that kind of fragrances are being discontinued.
Ech, I truely loved this 'black' Mania.
The new Mania can't be compared to this and smells nothing like it - it's a different aroma.

diego.lesgart

Me lo vendieron como unisex, jaja, y la lamina que habia visto recientemente era una pareja besandose, asi que lo lleve... stilo steack, adhesivo, fresco, frio ... me gusto...

valbona.bergman

once i bought this and loved it but after that they discontinued it :P something not to be taken very seriously ,but i will say it any way,is that dkny Red Delicious reminded me of mania!

armanimania
armanimania

My favourite perfume EVER. Nothing else compares to it.
It was not too sweet, not too spicy, not headache inducing, it was warm, and fabulous.
I am very sad it was discontinued.
The only perfume I could call my signature scent.

One of the most perfect fragrances ever made. It's such a shame the original formulation has been discontinued. It's newer version is a mediocre replacement and smells nothing like this. I had no idea of the notes until I saw them here and I'm surprised. It's not as spicy as the notes suggest. This is more of a very well blended harmony of citrus, floral and mildly spicy notes. It's more of an oriental than spicy. It has to be experienced to be appreciated. I wish this was relaunched in all its original beauty.

Cutie
Cutie

I like both perfumes (Armani Mania - peach color juice with white top and Mania - with black top.) This one is more serious and subtle. I think it is beautiful. It is not too sweet, not too fresh, not too fruity, not too flowery, not too spicy. It is just perfect to project status and femininity at the same time. I think it is a great interview fragrance (especially for the colder months). Mania is perfect for the office. It is rich, a little concervative and at the same time uplifting. Sillage and longevity are average for me.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

insanely sensuous and insanely discontinued.
nothing to do with the current formulation of mania.
i would say this is a cross between secret obsession and black cashmere.
not as dirty sex rumpled bed sheets as secret obsession,
and not the arabian saffron spiced filled souk of black cashmere.
just a perfect toned down blending of the two.
mania concentrates more on the labdanum and vanilla.
oh yeah, this is pure pleasure for me as i listen to billie holiday

;-)
;-)

So perfect, not to spicy, not to sweet, not girly at all, not ladylike, not something granny would wear. I'll cherish it for ever and buy it again if it's relaunched. I'm happy I could find DK Black cashmere again (but it's not mania), meet my criteia of a me-perfume. Miss it so much it was ME.

Christabel
Christabel

I think many of these reviews are referring to the new version of Mania which replaced the original and is not at all similar, lacking in the depth, mystery and sexiness of the original version. WHY WAS IT DISCONTINUED... boo-hoo! I still have half a bottle left and treat it with the reverence of a magic serum. when its gone its gone for good :(

This is not for me. I don't see it as an "oriental spice". To me it's more a fresh and shiny one. I'm not into citrusy or green scents.

twillocks
twillocks

"MANIA" IS AWESOME I love it. I think this will be my new scent.

9154mf
9154mf

There is a huge difference between this and the newer Mania (peach juice, white lid). I love that one but I'm not a fan of this one, to me it smells like nutmeg flavoured lemonade. Its got this fizzy quality that is not agreeing with me. If any of you want it, PM me as I am happy to give it away for something small. I have 15mls left from a 100ml bottle.

notme
notme

This is a bit far from what it states. I find it a rather sporty fragrance, sweetish, watery, nothing special, not better than a cooling shower-gel.

gesch
gesch

I love it, too and won't start with babbling about the meanness of the discontinuation ;)
I try to review this, since there seems to be some confusion. This version of MANIA is totally different from ARMANI MANIA, which can be found frequently in the shops.
Where the new one to me is just a floral-sth., this perfume is special, although I have to admit that it's more fresh and less spicy than I would have thought when I saw the listed notes. Mania is fresh, orangy, slightly bitter and light.
The orange blossom is very strong in the beginning,very flowery fresh, then it becomes creamy and more settled with earth and wood, I think it's the safran which becomes strong. After 4 hrs I smell woody-nutmeg, with a hint to the citrus/orange of the beginning. The first hour can be too strong of this perfume, but then it becomes more toned down - very nice and interesting.
unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a smell-alike, my bottle is almost empty.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Very nice! Very fresh, light and happy kind of smell. I'll wear it anywhere any time.

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

This perfume is A-W-E-S-O-M-E smells so modern, oriental, minimal, strong. I don't know whats the difference between this one and Armani Mania with the beige/peach/white bottle, but this one awesome.

2007

Mania by Giorgio Armani 3.94 out of 5 based on 171 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Mania fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Mania, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mania by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mania by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.