Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Onde Extase Giorgio Armani for women

Onde Extase Giorgio Armani for women
dislike

yellow floral
Onde Extase Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Onde Extase Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Onde Extase Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Onde Extase Giorgio Armani for women Pictures

Onde Mystere ... Onde Vertige ... Onde Extase ... – New trilogy of the house of Giorgio Armani will delight us in October 2008. Waves of new notes are inspired by rituals and traditions of the East, with an intoxicating, feminine and seductive concept. Each perfume will present a part of fantastic regions and countries, like exotic Istanbul, Turkey, India and Japan, and will open the door of unforgettable fragrant experience.

Onde Extase - A wave of ecstasy arrives from Japan, and it was inspired by geishas' skills, their art of seduction and fatal attraction. Cedar wood aromas are surrounded with dangerous, carnal and exciting mimosa flowers, Egyptian jasmine and daffodil absolute. Spicy effect derives from pink pepper, freshness and sparkling notes are offered by Sicilian bergamot, with a blend of moss and sesame absolute. The perfume is available in 50 and 100 ml green bottles. The nose behind this fragrance is Bruno Jovanovic.

Cedar Mimosa Jasmine Narcissus Pink Pepper Bergamot Oakmoss Sesame

Onde Extase Fragrance Reviews

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I was gifted a generous sample of this scent by an even more generous Fragrantica member who knew that I was looking for a warm, feminine narcissus. She suggested I'd love this and she was absolutely right.

The lightly sweet combination of narcissus and mimosa is dreamy. And I love the sesame note as it gives it a toasted feel. The effect reminds me of drinking Hojicha, roasted Japanese green tea, and the warm, nutty comfort of it. The overall impression the fragrance gives is powdery, gentle, softly sweet and even a little cool in the spa-like sense. But it still manages to stay equal parts warm and faintly spicy at the same time. Something in it evokes memories of Christmas past and I suspect that something is the cedar note even though I only sense it obliquely.

I'm sad to know it's already discontinued, but it looks like bottles are still readily available online. Whew!

bananas
bananas

I purchased a 50ml size on sale at half price the other day.
I remember trying all 3 of these scents from this range when they were released 6 years ago & I wasn't all that impressed or found them too uninteresting at the time.
And they were hugely expensive. But the add campaign was always stunning.

Now my perfume knowledge & collection has been expanding enormously over the years, so when I glanced at this range that had been sitting on the shelves for years unnoticed by the masses I decided to investigate them again.

Onde Extase was my chosen purchase out of the three......& I must say.....this is a really beautiful oriental scent that has taken me by surprise.
It reminds me a little of Samsara or similar fragrances in that genre, but a much calmer, softer version...not overtly strong-in-your-face scents, subtle but has a warmth & graceful depth to it that can be worn anytime, anywhere, any occasion.

I find it actually quite comforting. & the fact that it was a limited release, on sale & the bottles in this range I think are truly exotic & beautiful additions to display on a new bathroom shelf.
I am glad I own at least one of these from this edition.

temporal
temporal

Though the very first accord of this fragrance is quite loud and seeks to capture you a bit too actively, it melts into smooth warm aroma with woody and mild spicy notes. The heart of it is delicious, but it stays close to the skin. Mimosa note is captivating, and made me return to this perfume again and again.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

This is an interesting fragrance. I was a little nervous about the sesame accord, but I have to say this very pleasing, & definitely still polished in that classic Armani fashion. Onde Extase opens in a burst of mimosa, which always pulls sweet on my skin. Thankfully, it doesn't overpower, and following it are a creamy, & pleasant sandalwood, narcissus, & jasmine. Bergamot & pink pepper arent really noticeable to my nose, other than to provide balance. The sesame does nothing more then lend a slight powdery lift to the composition, as well as an odd oiliness which makes me think of shiny hair & silk.This isn't a brash, intense toasted sesame seed, more like a ground, white sesame flour. The effect is lovely, and it is tenacious, I'm experiencing the gorgeous drydown, which is my favorite part-a good 10 hours after application. The cedar, & sandalwood are really nice here, the oakmoss not heavy or musty, but just enough to add a green shimmer in the background. the sesame flour scent is still present slightly, and very persistent narcissus! It's a warm, woody drydown that radiates with body heat, like hot sun shining on a sandalwood screen in the afternoon, or sun warmed cedar chest. The "sesame powder" I shall call it, gives the idea that there is a makeup powder box in the room somewhere, or perhaps powdered skin. Lovely. Reminds me slightly of Cita Di Kyoto, although the notes are different, they achieve the same "olfactory memory space" in a way. Beautiful scent. It could ALMOST be called bland, because of its "Armani polish" but, its not. It's contemplative actually to my senses. Beautiful! I like the bottle as well, with the green tassel, & dark copper accents. Altogether interesting, & a great swap. Thanks Hawkinsk3!

fanny
fanny

I was very curious about Onde Extase. Never before had I met a perfume with sesame in it, let alone as its topnote..

Soft and pleasant.
In the opening it reminds me a bit of Moschino Moschino, which I love very much.
Only just sprayed, so will continue later.

This is a very nice, flowing flower scent, softened by the sesame, not exactly for everyday use, but still pretty safe.
The drydown is the best part of it. Again I think of MM, but unfortunately, Onde Extase lacks a strong character.

To fall into Ecstacy I would need something a lot more exciting.

Anyone interested in a full -only once used- 100 ml bottle?
Edit: the bottle is in its new home, already!

Taliera
Taliera

What a variety of opinions! When I tried this, I remember thinking "I've never smelled anything like it!" Of course, as the time ticks past you start to see all the resemblences to other perfumes: Samsara, Dior Addict, Sensuous... To me it smelled more oriental than anything else. I tried to name the notes, but failed as usual - ginger, cinnamon and clove - they were my first guesses. Then I thought I smelled woods, but didn't know what they were. Turns out it is cedar - and I love cedar (which explains why I like this). Last thing I have to say is that it's unisex - I had to check it wasn't Pour Homme!

you can very much feel the mimosa in this lovely yellow floral. the narcissus is not overbearing either. i find it very smooth and creamy also. it's sweet and tempting. i don't own a bottle, but i've been using my sample vial and have quite enjoyed it. the lasting power is good too, about 4+ hrs. on me.

White flower beats the crap out of the yellow flowers here, and that's all I can smell from this. Just WHITE and a bit of yellow flowers. No fresh fruit nor fancy wood. It smells complex with a vintage feel but not exactly old. It also smells and feels smooth; must be the sesame oil. It's not bad but I think this is the least favorite from my point of view.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Utterly masterful! I love finding hidden gems like this. I sampled this on my skin from a discount table at a designer outlet mall (I'm hoping that "discount" doesn't translate as bad perfume to you dear reader--to me, it can mean that it doesn't appeal to the masses and has a unique edge about it or just has bad marketing). Then I walked away, did some other shopping and went on my merry way home. Well, Onde Extase haunted me for the rest of the day, and well into the next morning (great longevity). So much so that I went back to buy my very own bottle.

The narcissus in Onde Extase is perhaps what differentiates this fragrance from many other florals, and makes me think that this is a close relative of Samsara. Mimosa is stunningly fragrant, almost musky--like liquid sunshine during a sultry sunset, filtered with mystery and feminine allure. Usually when I think of yellow flowers, I think of weedy greens, but here it's all luscious and golden. Compared to Samsara, Onde Extase could be a more wearable and slightly sweeter option.

Sesame--what a unique note. I don't detect its presence like a heavy oil used in Chinese food (although I love that toasty aroma!), but it definitely adds a seductive, satiny rich quality.

Cedar, bergamot and pepper make the composition beautifully clean and smooth. The drydown is also a little incensey, almost like it has some labdanum in it. When I let my daughter smell my skin, she also thought like Inspire0111 that it had some chocolate in it (which I didn't get--so that must be a nose thing, not a skin thing).

Onde Extase is truly a narcotic and mysterious floral (a little trivia on the side, narcissus flowers are truly narcotic in the literal sense). Please try it, and if you don't like it, just send it on over to me!

lucyredshoes
lucyredshoes

There is not much to say about this scent. It's a bland everyday wear oriental. I find it boring and generic.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Looking at the notes, I can't really explain why this smells like a sheer, slightly powdery incense scent on me with a hint of pink pepper in the opening, but it's absolutely gorgeous in my opinion!

My fiance normally wears heavier, leathery/spicy scents, but he couldn't resist testing this one and it smelled amazing on him too.

It creates a veil of scent, rather than a "cloud". I agree with Nuppu that it's "clean", "lightweight" and "translucent".

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Interesting.. I almost took this for a gourmand fragrance. On me it is very sweet and I detect a combination of cocoa, dark chololate and cinnamon.

shoreshells

Re-review - Perhaps if I hadn't tested the perfume to high on my neck the first time, I wouldn't have chocked. Instead I would be enjoying this very long lasting fragrance for all it's notes and mysteries. I purchased this fragrance and am very happy with my new perfume. The essence of the fragrance really develops throughout the day into something soft to sleep by.

shoreshells

Just tried this fragrance today. Smelled great on the paper I couldn't resist (although I should have) spraying myself. One small spray from the bottle one giant chocking experience for the rest of the day. Help me get it off!

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I had a sample of Onde Extase. It is nice,but not as extatic as I would expect from the name. I wouldn't mind to have it as a gift, however I wouldn't but it myself for that price.

I am profoundly in love with Onde Extase.

In lots of ways this fragrance reminds me of Diesel Plus Plus Feminine. It has that beautiful milky and powdery like quality that appeals to both my nose and my skin.

This scent is very pretty but also quite sensual and alluring, with the pink pepper and bergamot giving it that little kick, that little something.

The scent is quite flowery but the jasmine, mimose and narcissus are presented in a powdery and soft way, even though the sillage from this scent is quite powerful.

The woods in the drydown are also very beautiful, with the oakmoss and cedar rounding the scent off with style and charm.

I found Onde Extase to be very lasting, in fact I'm glad that I didn't experience poor lasting strength like some of the reviewers here found.

lombredansleau
lombredansleau

I find this scent very sweet and boring. I started using it with enthusiasm but after 2 weeks I had enough of it. It's definitely suitable for evening use, not for the office as it's too heady and strong.

Aalia
Aalia

The sparkling and spicy notes are lively only for a few moments in the top notes. The perfume softens...the cedar is not heavy, the bergamot not sharp, the floral notes are not strongly pronounced. It seems to become a linear scent after the top notes finish. I can agree with other reviewers that there is no wave of extasy here-or carnal stirrings-the perfume is not profound or extremely lush. The perfume does give a feeling of a tangible soft texture, and is highly enjoyable. The combination of notes are excellent. The daffodil, Jasmine, and mimosa bring a bright, springtime touch to the composition. The sesame, cedar, and jasmine give a hint of Zen, insense, and Japanese design aspects of nature, simplicity, and sensibility.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I really liked this for the thirty minutes it last on my skin...after that I could barely smell the dry-down, which is floral and slightly powdery. At its peak, I was strongly reminded of Armani Code for some reason. I really wish it lasted as long as Code does!!!

Nuppu
Nuppu

Clean floral, lightweight and translucent. Usable on everyday wear, won't bother anybody. Don't see any "extase" here, Onde Classica might suit better for it's name. Bottles of this series are beautiful and probably main reason to buy them.

Onde Extase by Giorgio Armani 3.76 out of 5 based on 119 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Onde Extase fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Onde Extase, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Onde Extase by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Onde Extase by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.