Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Onde Mystere Giorgio Armani for women

Onde Mystere Giorgio Armani for women
dislike

Onde Mystere Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Onde Mystere Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Onde Mystere Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Onde Mystere Giorgio Armani for women Pictures

Onde Mystere by Giorgio Armani is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Onde Mystere was launched in 2008. Top notes are musk, amber and moroccan rose; middle notes are incense and vanilla absolute; base note is spicy notes.

Musk Amber Moroccan Rose

Incense Vanilla Absolute

Spicy Notes

Onde Mystere Fragrance Reviews

persefoni
persefoni

...when i had first bought it, it smelled spicy, warm and somehow laundry-clean, which eventually didn't sit well on me...

A couple of months later (less than 4) it turned metallic, industrial and utterly annoying. I store my bottles really well, in a quite dark, dry place, so this was a surprise. The smell had changed a lot - and it wasn't just my idea. Back in the store (Hondos in Greece) all of them had ended up smelling metallic and you couldn't really tell them apart. They didn't sell well, they were discounted and i think the only reason they were bought were their wonderful bottles... Sad!

truffles
truffles

This is so pretty. I love the bottle actually! I think I'm going to have to redefine my notion of 'spicy' because that word always brings cloves/cinnamon/nutmeg to my mind and I find nothing spicy about Onde Mystere.
This frag has something about it that reminds me of Loewe Aire (different categories, no note similarity jumping out but there's definitely something). I can't define it but I bet if you like Aire, you would like Mystere too!

Martika
Martika

This is a lovely rich scent which unfortunately does not last on my skin. As Jae wrote, "The longevity is deceptive and airy, reminiscent of most L'Artisan Parfumeur fragrances". For that reason alone, I ended up swapping my bottle and so far have no regrets.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I like this...unsusual to say the least.

It smells grassy, spicy and dry. With some nice rosy florals. Hideous bottle though...eek!

This is something different which is alwasy good in my books. A man could pull this off I think as it has that slightly masculine spice.

LIKE!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a wonderful scent, a hazy spiced amber that is never obnoxious or loud. All the notes are very well blended however, so my initial impression was of an incensey-woody scent with some kind of very light sweetness hidden below the surface. It's a subtle oriental spicy - which is a nice change - and is distinctive. I found the sillage and staying power good, sillage about a foot, staying power 6-7 hours. The names suits this very well, however I do think the bottle is a bit ugly.

smellME
smellME

I like it ! Thanks to La majeste le rose
(great swapper) I have a sample of this !
Thats what swapping is all about..I would never have tried this one otherwise..I liked it instantly, I usually can tell by the initial sniff on the spray nozzle. It is ia soft spice rose, intriguing , and I can almost feel some incense. It resembles NU but is warmer and not so dry as NU and softer for sure. I dont agree to that sillage is week, but it emerged so well with my body and got soft so qickly. I will wear it both day and night. I Have to get a whole bottle !
Lovely !
Bottle on it's way......I'm so excited !
Thanks to lovely swapper - Martika....

connossieur
connossieur

Im surprised by all the negative words! I think this is really soft and mysterious... Have never got as much compliments as I get wearing this...

onlineallday
onlineallday

Nicest of the all three with the absence of jasmine. Phew! Mysterious? Yes because it dramatically changes throughout the day. Boring? No. Worth the price? Probably not.

It's a very intriguing scent for me. It's spicy rose and sweet vanilla'y amber before it dries down into some spices with mild woody character. The benzoin is heavy and gives a volume and sweetness to the scent. I think it is quite unisex. It's not too floral nor spicy. It also smells expensive! Yes I agree that the scent disappears fairly quick. I wish it would stay on longer because I really enjoy it after the initial blast.

birdy
birdy

it smells clean sweet just a little like so many discreet gentle wearable perfumes perfumes

lucyredshoes
lucyredshoes

An easily likable spicy scent. Nothing special.

twillocks
twillocks

Hummm. . . As soon as I put this on it just disappears and can't smell it. Strange. Oh well must be me.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Beautiful notes, horrible perfume. I love Onde Vertige and I like Onde Extase. I don't know what happened to this one but I can't stand it. Doesn't last very long and thanks God for that.

adrienn99
adrienn99

the quick speed it is gone...yeah, that one is a mystery.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Thanks to kittykati I have this beauty! It is one of my favorites, a sweet, delicate, ambery and lightly spiced rose! It surely resembles the traditional sweet called turkish delight, and that gives it an almost gourmand quality. I also smell coffee in it, and in this regard, it is quite a bit similar to Torrente d'or; this one though is way smoother. It is however a skin scent, so if you are looking for silage or lasting power, look elsewhere. Personally I don't mind applying often, if that must be done to smell this beautiful! I find it suitable mostly for daytime, as it is a bit too soft for nights out. Perfect for lazy afternoons, when you want to cuddle with a loved one, and just smell sensual and relaxed. A middle eastern scent simplified to be wearable anytime, anywhere, but one that still retains its original character. Love it, love it, love it!

maru8862
maru8862

No sillage? Wow, on me this one is almost an atomic bomb. It lasts and lasts and lasts and then some. The smell itself is that of a spicy rose, definitely an oriental, but not from the heavy artillery league of Opium or Poison. Beautiful bottle. I've heard that this one is becoming increasingly hard to find. Maybe it will be discontinued soon.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Very nice smell,but not rememberable and not a strong staying power at all. On one hand it is sophisticated, as supposed to Armani, on the other hand - not lasting even for 4 hours!

jae
jae

What a pleasant surprise! I expected this to be sweet, warm and heavy, like Prada L'eau Ambree. Instead, this is sheer, almost clean and it cuts through the air - Prada L'eau Ambree all cleaned up! Though delicate with conservative sillage, body heat brings out these notes harmoniously. The longevity is deceptive and airy, reminiscent of most L'Artisan Parfumeur fragrances. I love this one and I'm glad to have it. Men should check this one out for sure.

Update: Something about this really reminds me of Rouge Hermes... No wonder, this is basically a stripped down version (Rouge Hermes has iris, cedar, ylang-ylang and myrtle plus the notes in this). Still, a wonderful alternative.

Ella Ella
Ella Ella

I love this smell, but it's the weakest eau de parfum that I've EVER had..
Really a shame on Armani to sell this as eau de parfum!!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This is an undeniably attractive scent but it is so soft & delicate it almost fades into obscurity.

The spices are quite mild & sitting on a sweet vanilla base. I can smell the rose too but it is so finely blended into the pepper that it is not immediately apparent.

To be honest, I expected something a little more revolutionary from Maurice Roucel. There is nothing wrong with the scent but it is very delicate.

guest_s-ultra
guest_s-ultra

A really intimate but longlasting spicy fragrance. I can't really smell the rose but the peppery-spicy note is very present.
I like to wear it when I want to step out from the sugary sweet and artifical smelling crowd -and I usually do.

wasawoo
wasawoo

I wanted to see what this empty bottle of ONDE Mystere smelled like. My reaction: I closed my eyes, the frangrance was intoxicating as it went thru my nostrils to my brain. From there, I experienced sensations going down throat to my breasts. My nipples were erect. I couldn't stop smelling this bottle. I felt intoxicated. I wanted more and more and more as if I was addicted to it. I tried to stop, but could not do it. I saw people staring at me and the embarrassment overcame me. I put the bottle down. I walked away...only to come back for more. Again, I experienced this addicting fragrance that made me cling to the bottle, always wanting to be overcome by this fragrance...which left me in a euphoric state...I was addicted to this extraordinary powerful scent. I WANT IT!
This is all true (embarrassing, but true). I wanted to purchase a bottle, but was informed it was out of stock. Next week I will go and see if it's in stock and will purchase it.

guest_Jaimee
guest_Jaimee

Hey! My huspand`s nickname IS Onde! Must have this parfume!!!!!! (Never heard this before here in Finland)

Divenus
Divenus

It's a amazing perfume. Smells really sophisticated, and elegant. It's very close to your skin and I don't Know about the people around, but this really seduces me. Incense and woodsy. Not too much flower. It's spice and warn. But fits very well in spring/summer too. The only thing negative is that is really expensive for so poor lasting power. You have to spritz again after a couple hours, and the juice costs you like gold money.

Aalia
Aalia

I had tested Onde Extasy, and to compare, Onde Mystery is much stronger, has better fixation and sillage, and is much more stimutlating. Onde Mystery comes on as a strong rush of spices, the spices hit first and as top notes are quite pungent, loud, and thick, Almost offensive and unpleasant. The rose is full, and only a touch sweet. Throughout wear, the spices stay interacting with all the other notes. The benzoin and amber are lush, the musk and vanilla, lighter. I used it on a cold night, wearing some warm clothes, and as my body temperature warmed, the scent would rise up, and I loved every moment of this beautiful creation. I could still smell it the next morning, I just hated to take a shower and wash it away....

Mysterious, this fragrance certainly is. Dark, slightly masculine, spicy and intriguing.

I'm not very familiar with Armani scents however I am impressed by what I have tested so far. Onde Mystere is unique and daring, yet pleasant and attractive.

The bottle design provokes a sense of darkness and underlying gothic tones. Although slightly masculine, and having the versatility to be unisex, this fragrance will not make a woman feel unfeminine. The roses and spices balance this scent with softness and sweetness.

I didn't have a problem with the lasting power, I thought it lasted quite well on my skin, yet the sillage is not all that strong. I like that aspect however, because this scent works well as an intimate fragrance, a scent that lures people in and captivates them depending on how close you are.

Onde Mystere is a very likable fragrance. I will be interested to try the other fragrances in this Onde series.

lombredansleau
lombredansleau

One of my favourites, I almost finished a bottle in no time. I don't find it sweet on me at all, I can detect the incense and the amber, a very subtle rose note and then it's gone. No lasting power, it should have been much stronger.

vertigo
vertigo

The rose in this one reminds me strongly of Perles de Lalique.
It's a good one, I think very like Armani.
A bit mysterious and seductive, but also reserved.
'Never come too close'.
In my opinion this fragrance may help those who want to be alluring and keep others at distance at the same time.
After a few minutes Onde Mystere becomes a bit dusty.

Very poor lasting power. I had to walk to the perfumery twice and spray it twice on my wrist in one hour to get an idea of what it smells like.

If I were to choose between the roses, I'd choose Perles de Lalique.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

Of the three in this series, I found this one to be the most masculine, especially for the first half hour or so. I like it, but as with the other two, the top and heart notes are very short and its dry-down is barely perceptible. What a disappointment!

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Good longervity. But nothing's new in this scent. It's green, powder, a little soap, a little sweet. The base notes is very similar to D&G Light Blue pour femme or Thierry Mugler's Cologne.

mirror
mirror

Very sweet in the first hour, then when dried down there is a hint of roses and other spices left (I did not smell much of the amber btw).
It is just very soft and subtle. I don't like it enough to buy it though.

HeiLi
HeiLi

This one is SENSI with some spices. Not bad, but nothing that leaves a lasting impression either.

Nuppu
Nuppu

Rose and spices (mild of course, nothing outrageous or hot) and little bit of pine resin. Why are these so damn weak? Because this one is quite nice, but I would not buy anything that is only hardy smellable. Give me a pure perfume form of this, please.

Onde Mystere by Giorgio Armani 3.83 out of 5 based on 122 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Onde Mystere fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Onde Mystere, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Onde Mystere by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Onde Mystere by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.