Designers » F-H » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Total people voted: 1973

I have it: 1019 I had it: 201 I want it: 947 My signature: 37

Si Giorgio Armani for women Videos Si Giorgio Armani for women Videos
Si Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Si Giorgio Armani for women Pictures

According to Women's Wear Daily: "Australian actress Cate Blanchett has been confirmed as the new face of Giorgio Armani Parfums, a division of L’Oréal Luxe. Blanchett, who is rehearsing for a play with Isabelle Huppert at the Sydney Theatre Company, will be the face of an advertising campaign for a new eau de parfum called 'Sí' that will hit shelves at the end of the summer. The confirmation comes after weeks of unsubstantiated buzz following press reports about a fragrance collaboration between the actress and Giorgio Armani, who have a long-standing professional relationship. Blanchett has often worn Armani creations on the red carpet and openly expressed admiration of him." Si was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel.

Cassis

Modern Muse Le Rouge
Angel Schlesser Oriental Edition II

Si Fragrance Reviews

hyperfluff

This is an absolutely gorgeous scent. The more I wear it, the more I love it. This is my fall/winter signature, but I can wear it on cooler summer days with ease. It has the delicious sweetness of La Vie Est Belle but with a freshness in place of LVEB's thick, sticky (potentially cloying) warmth. It's very versatile, sensual and feminine. And very attractive too, it's gotten me alot of compliments. Man magnet for sure, great for date night, or any occasion really. If you want something along the lines of LVEB, but subtler, more versatile and classier, then this is it. It lasts all day with a comfortable moderate sillage, present and lingering until the end of the day. Perfect for fall, winter, spring and breezy summer nights. So, okay, it may not be unique and it's been done before, but it smells so addictive good that I just don't care.

GourmandGirl
GourmandGirl

Wow! Who knew they could pack heaven into a small bottle?! This is amazing!! The cassis and vanilla are perfect together, a beautiful combination, and I find that on me, the dry down smells practically the same as when I first spray it, just a little weaker, which is a bonus!

I do find the sillage isn't the best, but the longevity is great, I can still smell it at least six hours after the initial spray, which is good for me, as perfumes don't seem to last well on my skin. I am truly in love with this, and my fiancé, who rarely compliments me on any perfume, loves this on me, and keeps coming in for another sniff!

Most votes have steered towards it being an autumn/winter scent, but I personally think it's great for the summer too, as it's such a light, floaty kinda scent and not a dark heaviness to it at all. One thing though, go for the edp, as the edt is so much weaker, and within half hour I could barely smell it. It's expensive stuff, but well worth every penny.

mihaela.rosca2
mihaela.rosca2

in this perfume i smell incense, but it's missing from the note list.
what's happening with my nose?!
Even so, me doesn't like this fragrance ((

Lovely36
Lovely36

I'd like to try this scent in the fall or winter. The opening is generic to me but it develops into something soft on my skin. I'm glad I waited it out. I don't get the sticky sweetness, which is good. The floral notes come through more on me. Makes me think of pumpkin-spice-lattes and coloured leaves - but I can't pinpoint why. One to try again when the season changes.

MaryamOHS
MaryamOHS

I live in a countrey where it's almost always summer(37-50c), so this perfume absloutly doesn't suit the weather. the smell of it to me is like a mixture of vanilla, Honey, and sweat. It could be used as a secret weapon to avoid humans in the summer.

Parsssahara
Parsssahara

I swear that Si has got the most sweetest scent ever. It reminds me of a bottle full of a mixture of sugar, honey, chocolate, candy and other sweet stuffs. This is obsolutely delicious, but (in my opinion) it's not proper to be used as a perfume.

-Sahar. 2015

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

My husband bought me this because he knew I wanted it. I have the largest bottle, but as I wore it, it somehow bothers me. This rarely happens to me, but there is some note that I find off putting. The same thing happened with Marc Jacobs' Daisy. I hate when that happens.

I'll keep trying it, but I've had it six months and have only worn it twice. I tried it again just the other day, and it still bothered me as I wore it. I read reviews that said the EDT is lighter, and has added musk. I may end up trying that, but I think I'll take a test run from the perfume counter first. I like a strong perfume, and it's not the strength that is bothering me, it's some note or a combination of notes. I'm hoping to have better luck with the EDT.

subnatural
subnatural

I can't hold it back anymore. This stuff smells like beer. Like dough. Brewer's yeast, right! Absolutely disgusting in air or on people. I see something in common with Miss Dior Cherie, I couldn't stand that perfume too. Way too boozy.

AngelWong
AngelWong

I am so tiring and cloying to this perfume after wearing for a month. For me this is such a boring and no element perfume ever I would say.

The scent didn't change much from the top notes for my body chemistry but yes it has a very good staying power and you still can smelled it the next day.

This is a very syrupy sweet and fruity plum perfume for my opinion.

I am not impressed to this.

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

Another love at first sniff. This scent is fruity, but not in the way I usually dislike. It's lush, soft, and subtle. The cassis is balanced with vanilla that is not cloying, and woods that are not too musty or bitingly masculine. Not the best longevity, but I overlooked that when I bought this, because I couldn't get it off my mind.

ShyAmor
ShyAmor

Ok so I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. I love this perfume so much because it's sweet and feminine yet it has a masculine touch to it where it can almost go for unisex scent and it's something especially endearing about wearing this in the summertime I don't know just being in the heat in the hot weather this fragrance just come aliveits like a fresh burst of it. All in all this is hands down my all time favorite scent.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Opening: extremely sweet/sharp opening. Lots of patchouli, has similarities with La Vie Est Belle at this stage.

When the alcohol dissipates this becomes a green yet buttery vanilla fragrance with a hint of guava fruit. this is very very fruity smelling even though there are no fruit notes listed.
Like I said, there is a strong guava smell to this.
I can see why it's liked by many. Only thing i would say is the lasting power is quite disappointing for it's price point. I stop smelling the gorgeous wafts of fragrance 4 hours after this is applied. However this is gentle, sweet and i bet it would smell like a dream layered with something heavier.

Smell: 7/10
Silage: 5/10
Lasting power: 6/10

Would i purchase? Yes. but it would have to be heavily discounted.

app9

One more thing: why is a goddess that is Cate Blanchett photoshopped to be waxy and unrecognizable?? Her face does not need that, and I think it's a wee bit tacky to do so.

app9

It's soft and sparkling at the same time! Wonderful notes of blackcurrant, vanilla and woods. The currant really makes it one of a kind. Si is quite sophisticated, but not stuck up. I kinda feel like wearing big specs, a stylish wool scarf and brogues when I spritz this on.

Some people say it's similar to La Vie est Belle, but I have to disagree. At least on my skin it's whole other business. LVEB is harsh and synthetic (I get nauseated just thinking of it...) while Si is round and lush. Sure, it's not the most original perfume in the world, but does everything have to be? It is a well executed and in my opinion, high-class, gourmand-ish perfume. It makes me want to eat my arm off, it's so delicious to me.

lovealwaysalisa
lovealwaysalisa

A sophisticated smooth, creamy, sweet, womanly scent. Smells almost like a honeyed wine. I LOVE it. Longevity is great, I get 5-6 hours wear personally. Projection/sillage is moderate, within arms length people will smell me. I get compliments whenever I wear this. I think it is a universal fragrance and can be worn for all kinds of occasions, casual to formal, and by almost all ages. I bought the big 3.4 oz because I love it so much. I wear it all year but I especially love this for fall and winter. The cold air mingles soooo well with this one.One of my collection favorites.

veda
veda

ADD THE CORRECT PERFUME NOTES PLEASE!!
Top: Sicilian Bergamot, Mandarin Oil, Liquer de Cassis
Middle : Rose de Mai Absolute, Neroli Absolute, Egyptian Jasmine Absolute
Base: Patchouli Oil, Blond Woods, Amber, Orcanox, Vanille Absolute

tmegeney
tmegeney

Beautifully soft and today the dry down reminded me of Soap and Glory, interesting :)

daisyvision
daisyvision

Very soft, fresh and feminine - a wonderfully warm and sweet take on patchouli. I'm definitely getting some black currant here. Perfect for a signature scent, but lacks the boldness of an evening scent. It really is quite beautiful.

RayOfWind
RayOfWind

Smelt like crown royal or some other hard liquor on my skin for about an hour, and then suddenly turned into a soft, creamy fragrance. This is going to be on my re test list for sure!

luxgirl1
luxgirl1

For me, this perfume is such a staple in my collection. As my first designer perfume, it brings back a lot of memories. The smell can only be described as delicious. No kidding, when I spray this on my wrist I want to eat my arm, which is probably not advisable. It is fruity and warm, and very sweet. I don't think that you will like this if sickly sweet scents don't float your boat, but if you like fragrances that are 10000000% sweet and girly, I recommend it. It lasts for hours too, sometimes It doesn't come off until I take a shower!!

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

Headache potion with patchouli. I am sure it would be lovely on someone else, just not me.

TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch
TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch

I recently got a sample of this; to my nose, it is very sweet, with that vanilla/caramel note that seems to be prevalent in a lot of popular perfumes today. It's pleasant, but I feel like you could sniff your way through the department store perfume counter and find a half dozen scents that mimic this one. There's something a bit uncomposed about it to my nose... I get a lot of the vanilla/caramel and patchouli, and not a lot else. I got a bit of fruit and rose at first, but as it settles into my skin, those notes vanished. I certainly don't think it's a bad scent; it's very pleasant, and for somebody who wants a sweet scent, this may well become a favorite, and I do prefer it to several of the scents I see it compared to (La Vie Est Belle in particular; I agree they are similar scents). However, nothing about it sets this scent apart from the crowd to my nose.

tijgetje

Gorgious parfume! love it! even in these warm days here at the moment. I smell patchoulli a lot but in a good way. And rose and cassisleaf. Funny but when I see the pic's I seem to smell the notes more clear ;-)

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

This little number is in the same ballpark as Flowerbomb and La Vie Est Belle, but I find it to be smoother, creamier and a little bit more mature than those two. At first I wasn't particularly impressed because I found it to be too similar to what's already on the market these days, but it is starting to grow on me after wearing it a few times. I do love the sweet flower and patchouli mixes that are so trendy these days so I naturally like this. I find it to be very sexy.

silsilg2
silsilg2

I about this perfume? Still I can not find out. I recognize it is an exquisite aroma but after a while tired of carrying me stop liking .

Momenti
Momenti

"Sweet Patchouli" **

Armani is expected by me to be coherent, so I am a bit confused now.
Ok, gourmands are the trend these days, and, at least, this one has slightly a patchouli twist, behind the sweet cassis-vanilla concoction.
Sì is an Armani? I'll forgive him this time, just because I love Cate Blanchett!

aRoial
aRoial

My review might be biased due to the lady at the counter asking if I'd like a spritz and then drowning me in the perfume but hopefully not.
At fist sniff I did enjoy the scent and liked that it had a sharp sweetness. The scent was familiar so I know I have smelt it on other people.
The cassis is extremely prominent to me and it is a sweet scent but maybe it was because I was doused in the fragrance that after a while the scent became too much and very over powering. Sickeningly sweet. I met my boyfriend soon after and although I was sitting a few meters away he said he could smell the perfume. I like a little silage, but maybe not that much.
I do like the scent but I feel it is maybe a bit too much for me. My mother commented on it and said she liked the scent and immediately asked me to buy her a bottle of it and my brother did like the scent too but being showered in the bottle may have ruined it for me.
If you love the scent, then don't let my bias ruin it for you, maybe next time I'll make sure to put the perfume on myself :)

LucyLucy
LucyLucy

I like this perfume well I can't say that I love it but I really do like it! This is really a kind of a mature powdery scent for a woman, generic but still chic. Feminine and warm. More elegant than sexy. On my nose this one is actually identical with Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire..without the rosy notes. Overall I enjoyed both :)

tanzp
tanzp

i love this its long lasting sweet and yummy its a nice safe winter scent worth every penny ;] i think if you like dolce the one you will like this to

Esztee
Esztee

I do not really like sweet scents, this one is an exception xx Si

sayrmaillah@yahoo.com
sayrmaillah@yahoo.com

i have a vial sample of this. all i can smell is the sweet scent of vanilla and some faint woodsy notes. i kinda hate it. i would never wear this. it doesn't smell that generic but kinda reminds me of a typical sweet vanilla celebrity scent. si is kinda sophisticated for those sweet girlish celebrity scent lover. however i do recommend for those who love sweet scents to give this a try..

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

Rich and sweet, the patchouli, rose, vanilla, musky and woody notes are almost identical to Jil Sander no.4. so I find it kind of a throwback to the powerhouse 80's scents. While it's nice and expensive smelling, I'm not 100% sold on this one. It starts off with a really loud bang, but the dry down is very soft and for an EDP of this price range, it's a bit weak. Still there is something interesting and elegant about it. Thumbs up, just not all the way up.

sugahuni
sugahuni

A beautiful,stunning perfume just a pity the lasting power is not great.Love it

tabitha106
tabitha106

I purchased a bottle of Si after testing it for a few days. Initially I loved the fresh sweetness--almost a wonderful peachy smell in the first spray. But unfortunately the dry-down is all patchouli on me. Seriously a patchouli bomb! I'm still loving the first hit on my skin, but really can't take the dry-down. I'm not familiar with Cassis in the top notes but think that part is lovely. Also, the fragrance does soften into the vanilla nicely. But then, watch out for the patchouli! From what I've learned about patchouli it needs to be very subtle or it can overtake the scent. Will give this another try and may get better results by layering with lotion and bath gel.

Nebelung
Nebelung

I have a tiny,1.5 ml sample of this and the scent reminds me of some pot-purri we had ages ago. I don't get vanilla at all,only the cassis,freesia and a hint of patchouli.Long lasting. When I'm wearing it there are times that i'm like "oh my god,this is my next buy" and others that i'm just "meh".I'm guessing it's easier to like it on colder days,although i see (and hear) that it's a rather controversial fragrance.

diamondkite
diamondkite

Dark, syrupy, bittersweet but too murky for my tastes - I like brighter/ brasher genres. This perfume reminds me of coffee and the peel of an over-ripe orange.

dovey
dovey

if someone doesn't know the meaning of an aromatic perfume
or doesn't know what patchouli smells like
just tell them one word
Si

ellenresia
ellenresia

I have this! This fragrance is gorgeous. Can't stop wearing this even when I'm about going to bed. Seem I'm in love with this perfume. The sweet vanilla and cassis are intriguing me, drag me to the fresh mind. An hour later, the combination of rose and freesia also vanilla make you relax. Overall this fragrance is soft but makes you addictive. Si is just amazing.

annettepe
annettepe

I recently bought a bottle of Si perfume. I was in Sephora and the sales lady offered me a paper sprayed with Si. I really liked the scent when I smelled it first and decided to get a bottle. I was so excited, thinking it might be my new go-to, classy and feminine scent. When I got home and used it the next day I'm quiet disappointed....

To me the scent is so similar to many other perfumes that I smell everywhere on other women. It became so sweet and cloying and I didn't enjoy it at all. Infact it reminded me of a cheap, sweet perfume that I used to like when I was years younger. These types of scents really gives me a headache... Definitely a waste of money. Very boring, no depth, no complexity. However if you like the scent then the staying power is really good and stays hours and hours.

jonr951

Since Si came to the U.S. last year, I've been trying to put my finger on what it reminds me of, and it finally just hit me! I don't get La Vie Est Belle or Manifesto. I get another Armani scent! Years ago, Feb. 2009, I got my aunt a bottle of Emporio Armani Diamonds Intense, and that's what Si reminds me of! Way to recycle Giorgio! Haha! I never got myself a bottle of Diamonds Intense, so I'll just get me Si. Mmmmmmm!

Sevparfumaddict
Sevparfumaddict

Coup de foudre ! I love it. So classy but no old lady. Funny because on the train I was told that I have the smell of a soap. Less powdery than La vie est belle. The light bitterness of the cassis makes it classy

Kohla1
Kohla1

I find this perfume really nice but I think when you turn the bottle to the side it kinda looks like a dogs nose/snout.

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

i can see the comparisons to La Vie Est Belle... except *this* gives me a headache, and that one doesn't.

arlina1
arlina1

Opens a super sweet smell I can’t identify. The top note is cassis which I am not familiar with. The profile of cassis says it smells cat piss-ish. Never smelled that thankfully.

After awhile it moves to Freesia with a hint of rose in the moderate but not overwhelming zone. When I moved I could still smell it so the silage was still moderate to heavy.It drifts away at about 6 hours. Will be giving away the small bottle I have. Just was not that exciting in my opinion.

This smells nothing like La Vie Est Belle to me.

esteban747
esteban747

For a moment I thought I was smelling peach. Then honey. Then I got lost in a canvas of vague unspecific notes.
It's not as sweet (to me) as I was hoping, in fact it quickly becomes a subtle scent with minor sillage.
Besides the vanilla and the rose, the rest seem to be working at half power not standing out at all.
It's a nice fragrance but a forgettable one too.

BeatrixRabbit
BeatrixRabbit

Upon spraying this, I was immediately reminded of an old Sofia Grosjman creation for Kenzo, "Kashaya." "Si" is less plush and radiant than that one, but they share the same pink, bosomy sweetness. I typically like Christine Nagel's work. I loved her take on fun, juvenile fruitiness with the original Miss Dior Cherie, but this feels a bit uninspired, if similar.

This is pretty much the scent of being hugged by a busty woman in a loud, floral blouse. That's good. But it's also the scent of that girl who wears sweatpants and Uggs to class and sits in the back texting her friends and slurping on a giant caramel something or other from Starbucks. That's bad, to me anyways. It's just an odd blend of both matronly and immature qualities, and altogether too sweet. Sorry.

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

I wanted to yell "¡Si, Si, Si!" Instead, it's more like "¡No! No! No!"

I was super excited to test this perfume based on the notes (some of my favorites) and the reviews. But, surprisingly, I do not like this perfume in the least. It is so sweet that it is suffocating, like make your teeth fall out, sweet. I don't detect any green, any woods or any flower to speak of. It's just sweet, on more sweet, on more sweet. I'm surprised by Armani here, the house has made, in effect, a carbon copy of so many mainstream sweet celebrity fragrances. *sigh*

ShaverX
ShaverX

I'll never understand these womens perfume reviews. It seems te scents that smell very sexy, beautiful, playful and feminine and yummy get bad reviews. While, the gross dark oriental old lady smelling weird arabic nasty crap that would make most guys puke are highly rated.

Si, is delicious. i love when my wife wears it. Makes me want to do naughty things.

hyperfluff

This is similar to La Vie Est Belle, but for me much easier to wear. Both are very sweet yummy blackcurrant-y concoctions, both are full-bodied gourmands with a patchouli base, both have supreme projection and longevity. But Si has a freesia note that gives the scent a cleaner, fresher, 'tidier' feel compared to LVEB (which can feel too sticky and bitter when I'm not in the mood), it really balances the syrupy sweetness and stops the patchouli from getting too sharp or bitter. There are many LVEB wannabes, and I've tried quite a few, this one wins for me, even better than LVEB itself, thanks to the freesia. All in all, delicious. Love it.

vintagevixen
vintagevixen

In my opinion this is one the best mainstream fragrance releases as of late, and my favorite out of all the pink chypre/"fruitchouli" releases. I am admittedly a fan of gourmand, sweet fragrances and I've tried many of them, including Coco Mademoiselle, La Vie Est Belle, Miss Dior, Flowerbomb, and Jimmy Choo. However, Armani Si works the best with my skin chemistry. A lot of recent releases incorporate too much patchouli and smell sharp and unpleasant after the top notes fade, or go extremely sweet and sugary with no progression.

I see Armani Si being compared a lot to La Vie Est Belle and Miss Dior Cherie. I own La Vie Est Belle and the new version of Miss Dior. I see the similarities with La Vie Est Belle with the blackcurrant top notes and the warm, vanilla drydown. However, Si is much more refined, elegant, and not nearly as tooth-achingly sweet as La Vie Est Belle. I imagine this might be similar to Miss Dior Cherie (composed also by Christine Nagel), but I do not own it. It does share a similar strawberry-like top note with new Miss Dior, but the patchouli is much stronger in Miss Dior than in Si.

Initially, I found the cassis to be overbearing, but now it seems to blend seamlessly into the rest of the composition. Overall, I find Si to be balanced and seamless, with no harsh edges on my skin. It progresses beautifully into a warm, woodsy drydown. Si is the perfect sweetly feminine perfume that suits me: quiet, feminine, sweet but with a complex inner core.

Juicyassrose
Juicyassrose

I find Si to be a bit of a one-trick pony, it's nice, admittedly when you first experience it... But it's almost as if it's trying too hard to be noticed?

Imagine Eva Mendez wearing a tight fitting sexily cut red carpet outfit... standing in the middle of a large room full of people...

Then she angrily shouts out in a coarse, harsh, obnoxious voice and demands that everybody look at her because she's more attractive than everybody... ever.
All of a sudden she's not so sexy, now you avoid her.
That's Armani Si.
Shouldn't have tried so hard.
Full of all the right things, but not in the right way...
I agree with Bluemarinejosephine, and to some extent MeThePerson(if not a bit harsh).

DiaAnna
DiaAnna

Armani Si for women is exactly what Dior Fahrenheit is for men - a magnet , it attracts and obeys .

kristi.cathcart1
kristi.cathcart1

Love, love, love this perfume. I tried a sample at Sephora, but waited a few months before buying. It has medium silleage and longevity on me, but it is a classy fragrance that is a new favorite. My husband hasn't formed an opinion one way or another about Si, but I really love how it smells with my body chemistry. It isn't over powering, so I feel safe wearing it to work. For me, this is more of a warm scent that pairs well with my work wardrobe for Spring/Summer. Very happy I purchased.

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

Giorgio Armani “Si” – 05/04/2015

Sweet fragrances are not my preference.
I used to like them but, not anymore.

“Si” is just a monotonous, cloying sweet note from the beginning to the end. There is nothing intelligent about this fragrance. It is, indeed, recognizable yet, it is simplistic and uninteresting.

I would not recommend it and neither would I recommend its other versions. There are far better fragrances with just a fraction of its price. I believe that, if it wasn't for the magnificent Cate Blanchette and Armani's clever marketing, this fragrance would go rather un-noticed and classified as "one more of the same category." I truly believe it does not worth its hype.

Enjoy the perfume quest
Regards
Josephine

alexanna7
alexanna7

Si is a beautiful perfume. There is blackcurrant liqueur,fresia,rose,patchouli,orcanox. Orcanox is a synthetic woody amber created with clary sage. It's also called:jungle essence. It's a modern chypre. It's more in the dry down that you get the chypre effect. I really get throught the entire fragrance the blackcurrant liqueur,the patchouli and the rose.There is some vanilla as well and a chocolate note that is obtain with the blackcurant liqueur and the vanilla. They took a darker vanilla. That creates that chocolatey effect. It holds on forever and langers on the skin like a beautiful summer night.

NoraRoben
NoraRoben

the scent is amazing,royal and expensive i just imagined rich people's house lol, its very long lasting i just want this so badly even though i usually fall for fruity rosy perfumes but i love this <3...

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

Absolutely love this fragrance. It bears similarity to Hypnotic Poison in quality and depth. It is a mezmerizing fragrance. I will keep this one in stock.

Hellita
Hellita

Let's start with the conclusion, shall we?:

I love this scent! (Sì EdP - the first release)

At first sniff I wasn't impressed by "Sì" so I moved along. The reason why I revisited it was thanks to a friend who wore it and I bought it shortly after.

I can see it has received mixed reviews and I'm not saying it's a masterpiece and I will agree that it's rather linear as it doesn't develop into something different after the initial blast, BUT I just find it so likeable and yummy!

To me it's a straight forward pleasant, caramelly sweet yet clean and fresh scent (thanks to the green notes). Still it has just the right amount of sweetness for me to fall in love. It's very feminine and it lasts all day on my skin. Suitable for day/night and imo it's an all year-rounder.

If you want something nice, not too complex but long lasting and a crowd pleaser in general - go ahead and try this on!
PS! It's good for layering too!

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

Hm, very strange. At first all I got was a shocking resemblance to rakia (this is a fruit brandy popular on the Balkans. Si has a strong opening blast of grape rakia.)
And then the rose hit.
After around half an hour, the vanilla stopped by. It is not a revolutionary or particularly interesting scent, but I sure was surprised how it developed into a pleasant smell after such discouraging start.

Seems like it won't easily suit the majority of people. I perceive it as the opposite of a sexy scent (not that it's off putting but I personally would be self-conscious wearing it around someone I'd like to stay close to). It's the type of perfume you'd love because it reminds you of your mom. It's very, very sweet and addictive. If used sparingly it would be a good choice for the office during the cold months.

Thaleh
Thaleh

I smelled this at some perfume shop after it made waves on TV in SA. While I'm not that big on sweet scents, this one left a mark on me. On Tuesday its my birthday & I've been hinting to my husband & friends about it so I'm kinda hoping one of them will buy it as a birthday pressie for me, and if not I will be buying it on the weekend. Its one of those perfumes I just know I need to have.

Will come back with a review in a few!

Review: Like I'd predicted, a good friend of mine bought this for me on my birthday (after I'd hinted). Needless to say, I still love it, still think it smells fresh and sophisticated although I'm not convinced it should be my signature smell. Wouldn't mind wearing it every now and then. Oh! and the smell lasts for a really looong time.

amna723
amna723

This is oddly similar to Jessica Simpson Fancy and Taylor Swift Wonderstruck..Just a bit darker and more sophisticated.

Oamae
Oamae

It reminds me of Womanity without the odd saltyness. The dry down is similar to Hypnotic Poison without the almond. I like it a lot, this is my kind of fragrance. But something about it stops me from absolutely loving it.

prettyswag

I tried all versions of this on my skin and I like the sweet type of scents but this one is nauseating on my body....its the dry wood undertones that increases on my skin and clashes with the sweet...its trying a bit too hard to be sexy but its so over the top sweet its sick to the stomach acrid turn. I love flowerbomb and that is sweet but has floral softness to balance it well, this...is not balanced...its got too much going on to hard....but after an hour smells cheap .

angelapaul
angelapaul

I find it to be sweet but also quite green or ?mineral-like? Interestingly this stays nice on my skin, even though green notes usually don't suit me. I love warm and enveloping scents and Si ticks those boxes.

Not my usual, but nice. I do like this. Will put on my list of fragrances to investigate further at another time.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I was positively surprised upon the opening of Giorgio Armani Si, as it smells very much like a sort of Chinese plum candy, which brings fond memories of childhood.

However, what disappoints me afterwards, is that Si is just content with plum candy-like on me for hours. It's fun smelling this sticky tart sweetness for a while, but for hours without many dynamics can be annoying.

In the late drydown after about 5 hours, Si eventually calms down into a tart berry-flavoured powdery vanilla. The patchouli also becomes more detectable with its chocolate nuance. It's relatively elegant among mainstream gourmand fragrances released in recent years, but at the same time, a bit déjà-vu as well.

The sillage of Si is heavy to moderate and the longevity can reach over 12 hours with only 1 spray. Although I'm personally disappointed that Si falls a bit flat on me, it's still a pleasant vanilla fragrance with a significant fruity berry touch, and relatively smooth among certain mainstream vanilla fragrances.

ptilda
ptilda

This is definitely sweet, which is not my favorite. But it is pleasant and lasts a really long time. As far as "sweet" goes, I'd probably buy a bottle, but might need to test a bit longer.

meriland27
meriland27

My goodness. Alright, first thing you should know is that I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to perfume, and I mean the pickiest. The only perfume I ever wore was Irresistable Givenchy (original) which is now discontinued. I got so desperate, that I in fact purchased old bottles of it on EBay after it was discontinued for big bucks. I couldn't find another scent I liked as much or more...until today. I went to Herbergers and a guy was introducing me to different scents he thought I might appreciate. The last one he showed was Si. When I smelled it..for a split second I thought it was pungent and old, like White Diamonds, but then it instantly became very unique, and pleasantly sophisticated and mature. I am 27 years old, and I will tell you now that this scent is perfect for people around that age, even younger. At first it has a light and refreshing scent (like water) mixed with a deep wood scent. The patchouli and currant are very prominent, and at first seems overwhelming..until the vanilla and sweetness balances it out. The outcome is a very uniquely pleasant smell that will keep you sniffing and guessing forever. I absolutely love this scent and plan on buying it. The scent seems to reflect my personality appropriately and really boosts your self confidence with its sophisticated aroma. Don't bathe in this though, a little goes a long way! I sprayed some on my wrist 12 hours ago and I STILL smell it ..I love that it lasts, but less is more with this one. Use sparingly.

Shiffy
Shiffy

Con questo profumo è stato subito amore, fin da quando l'annusai la prima volta sulla mia amica. Si sa che i profumi variano con il ph, inoltre sono estremamente soggettivi e personali. Possono piacere come essere odiati, proprio come in amore! E per me è stato un accordo fortunato e riuscito! Questa fragranza crea una bella chimica con la mia pelle ed inoltre dura veramente a lungo.
Nonostante il doppio accordo di vaniglia, non si tratta di quei profumi eccessivamente dolci, tipo come quelli dell'aquolina che le ragazzine adorano. Al contrario, si tratta di un profumo estremamente elegante e femminile. La dolcezza è ben mitigata dalle note fiorite e dal patchiouli. Al primo istante si avverte la dolcezza vanigliata e la carnalità del cassis, ma già dopo qualche minuto si ha una bella esplosione fiorita che molto lentamente lascia spazio nuovamente alla dolcezza e al patchiuli delle note di fondo.

JaneCandy
JaneCandy

I really wanted to love this after falling in love with Si Intense, but sadly this smelt like cat pee on me! It smells very nice on paper but on my skin it was just awful! I don't think this should be a blind buy because it smells so different on different skins...and not always good different

LizzieDee
LizzieDee

When I tried this, all the notes seemed to be present at once, and all fighting for their share of your attention. It's a mess. The black currant won the fight by a narrow margin. if you like fruity scents, maybe this one is for you but for me, Armani needs to pare this back and rebalance whatever notes they feel are truly essential.

Helenalena
Helenalena

Always when I smell this parfum on somebody I get very sick.. this one is a repellent to me. I guess too much of wood and vanilla.

MartaL
MartaL

When looking at the notes, I still don't understand why is this fragrance so sweet. It smells like wine to me. I had high hopes for this fragrance because I heart from many people how lovely it is, nonetheless, my expectations were not met and I was fairly disappointed. By the end of the day I could still smell it and it made me sick (again that wine) which brings me to the point that longevity of this fragrance is surprisingly good. So if you like strong, overpowering scents and want to make quite a statement, wear it and you might be happy with it (not to work though).

Marychase
Marychase

I was looking for a new perfume to replace mi all time favorite "Miss Dior Cherie" (Now relaunched as Miss Dior, with a different formula that smells different). The salesguy was really helpful and recommended me "Si" while I was trying "Marry me, by Lanvin". As soon as the perfume settled in on my wrist , I knew this had to be the one! The scent is long lasting and it may seem a little bit strong at first but it gets better a few minutes later. I do have to agree with other reviewers here, the bottle is just blah, super simple, and the lid looks kinda weird and cheap.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Yes,it's the kind of La vie est belle, but less sweet, and the patchouli isn't so prominent: I can mostly smell vanilla, cassis, rose and a deep, woody undertone. This frag is refined, but juicy and with the right amount of sweetness: I think it can become a new classic!

AriaW

To me, Si falls in the same genre with La Vie Est Belle, Pink Sugar, Prada Candy L'eau, and Gucci Guilty. It's thick, it's warm, it's sweet with fruity scents, and most dominantly PATCHOULI!!!!!!! I had too many perfume with patchouli, now I just kind of get sick of it. It was the sweet berry scent in Si that attracted me. I was hesitating between this one and Yellow Diamond EDT, since YD doesn't not last long I finally picked Si. Ah, I'm afraid it will be siting there just like my Prada Candy L'eau. I'm happy I didn't get the biggest bottle though.
Anyway, if you love patchouli and the other perfumes I mentioned above you will like Si.

SiFan
SiFan

This is heaven in a bottle.
Smelt this for the first time in Dubai and had the scent on my mind all the way to the UK.

I love it so much! It is my fave!

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

This, to me, is an avant-garde fragrance as it is the closest
that I can get to the now discontinued Joop! Berlin by Joop!
* Armani Si is a warm and elegant perfume and considering its similarities with Joop! Berlin... I really think that Si is a delicious frag! A must-try for those who do not have this yet:)

AriaW

Just got it yesterday, it kinda smells like Si by Lolita Lempicka, sweet berry scent, I'm not sure about the drydown , will come back for another review.

maxi___213
maxi___213

I LOVE si. However, I hate the bottle. The bottle is important for a perfume collector. This bottle is so bland and boring.... Basic bitch bottle. I've almost bought this perfume on 4 different occasions and I've walked out with something flashier because the bottle just turns me off! Its a feminine and classy scent. Smells like champagne and fruits :)

Saigon Cinnamon
Saigon Cinnamon

I have a love-hate relationship with Si. To me it smells like peaches and vanilla, and not much else. Something about it feels cheap, yet I find it thoroughly addictive. It is a heady, strong fragrance that lasts forever on clothing. I bought the scented lotion instead of the perfume, as the lotion wears closer to the skin while still having its own sillage.

hot_tamalie
hot_tamalie

Yes, yes and more yes! I feel in love with this one when I opened a sample paper that came in the mail. After a few months of pondering I decided to purchase the gift set with the shower gel, body lotion and perfume. This is my signature winter scent for 2014 and I wear it daily! I get many compliments and my boo really loves it, he wouldn't stop sniffing my neck the first time I wore it LOL!
O! And might I add that layering it with the lotion and perfume it lasts on my skin for about 6-8 hours. Great sillage and projection.

courtney.mcintyre
courtney.mcintyre

I really like this one. It's sweet but spicy at the same time, like warm vanilla and cinnamon cookies! It's for sure a winter scent as I don't think it would smell as good in summer but I will definitely give it a go.

The longevity isn't the best on me, 4-5 hours maybe and I only have the 30ml so I tend to save it for special occasions.

****It smells EXACTLY like an EDT in Topman. Yep, TopMAN. I'm not entirely sure on the name I just know it's in a rectangle, purple bottle (I think it's just called Bergamot? Or something like that anyway) - I got my boyfriend it for Christmas and couldn't believe the similarities. He loves it. I love it. We both use it! It was only £10 for 100ml!!! Honestly, if you like this scent, go smell the Topman one! It's identical on my skin.

Elizete Araujo Moura
Elizete Araujo Moura

lembro de ter uma fragrância tão floral amei a minha pele que depois de horas ainda está perfumada

remember such a floral fragrance loved my skin after hours is still fragrant!!! OH god!!

dsty
dsty

When I first smelled Si in a store, I didn't like it: my first impression was of just another too-sweet fruity scent. My friend liked it, though, and she usually has a good nose, so I decided to get a sample anyway. And I'm glad I did, because after using it a couple of times I did come to appreciate this fragrance, although I haven't fallen in love with it.
It's very sweet, yes, heavy on the vanilla (which I'm all for) and on the patchouli (which I have my doubts about). And it's not shy at all about this sweetness: I only used one spray on my neck this morning, but I still felt pretty conspicuous on the train, hoping my fellow travellers wouldn't faint from the heavy sweetness. It's not bad, this sweetness; it's nice, just a bit too heavy for my taste and not very special in itself. That being said, though, Si does have a unique appeal, in that it's really quite green for such a pronounced winter scent. It must be the cassis leaf doing its work, and it provides a very nice contrast in that onslaught of sweetness that I like very much. This green vibe really distinguishes it from the usual gourmand vanillas, which in itself makes it interesting and worth a try.

ladyone1
ladyone1

I received a tester of it. It's actually a nice cent, but kind of too strong for me.

DianeL
DianeL

Sweet and sickly and didn't last long at all. Wouldn't buy this, glad I just tried a tester

sophiealbarn
sophiealbarn

I really love this, but it's much different than I expected. When I first got a whiff of it, I loved it instantly, as it had all those strong notes of vanilla, woods, and patchouli that I am attracted to. But once it touches my skin, it is really fruity! I suspect that is the Cassis that really comes out. It's not a cloying fruitiness at all, or overly sweet, just really interesting and not what I had imagined. It's nice on a cozy sweater during the colder months, but I think it might do well during the Spring and Summer as well.

APULIAN
APULIAN

very nice scent, elegant and perfect for fall and winter.

una mia amica ce l'ha e l'ho trovato molto buono, raffinato. e ha una buona proiezione.

vote 8/10

mylilacs
mylilacs

When I first smelled this my reaction was a lift of the eyebrows and a pleasant "Oh".

I got a very nice hit of spice upon opening. I think that's the cassis and patchouli. However, it's not the kind of spice that's hurts your nose and it's not overpowering thanks to the sweet vanilla. I would say this is a fall and winter, and maybe chilly spring day perfume. It's quite warm and it envelops you in a cloud of warm spicy sweetness. The perfect balance of the sweet and spicy is really very nice. I personally don't find this to be gourmand because the rose and freesia, while not as strong as the cassis and vanilla, still come through, therefore it's not just sugar and spice.

Longevity on me is AMAZING. All day and all night! The spiciness gets weaker as the hours ticks by and the balance tips to the sweet side just a bit. Still, it's not a cloying sweetness, the spice is still present.

I typically stay away from perfumes with spice in it because they tend to be more suitable for more mature women. The Si though, is definitely a wearable spicy perfume for ladies in their 20s and 30s.

It's sophisticated, sweet and feminine. What more do you need?

nieninque
nieninque

I smell no vanilla and no spice in this. The fragrance is very linear, not complex at all. It's sugar, sugar and more sugar. I feel like it doesn't deliver on its promise. It isn't sophisticated at all. It smells like any old drugstore frangrance. Or armpit sweat mixed with a strong deodorant. I don't know. There is just something off about it. The longevity is impressive though. My arm's been radiating Si for hours now. It would have been very nice if I enjoyed the smell.

frittsjones
frittsjones

I really liked this in the store. I sprayed it on and there was a great berry burst and it dried down to something warm and cozy. I received two bottles from different people at Christmas. I'm very disappointed. I have tried spraying from both bottles and I can hardly smell it. This perfume last about a half hour on me, unless I spray a ton on me. Then it may last an hour. I won't be buying this. It is very subtle and doesn't last long. Not worth the price in my opinion.

risarii
risarii

So this has really blown up; every blogger is raving about it and every Sephora SA is pushing it.
I really, really wanted to like it--despite it's popularity--because I'm a fan of Armani fragrances (Code was my high school signature and remains one of my favorites and Acqua Di Gioia is a gorgeous summer fragrance.)
However, it's a big let down. It's too sweet for my taste.
It is also unremarkable and smells similar to other perfumes (YSL Manifesto comes to mind.) Just another vanilla fruitchouli in a sea of vanilla fruitchouli fragrances.

If you want a simple, crowd-pleasing perfume and don't mind smelling like every other woman, then give this a shot. It's not BAD by any means, just utterly unremarkable.

Flashshock
Flashshock

Perfection. It's chemistry works with mine as does Jean Paul Gaultier original and Miss Dior.
It does not give me or anyone I know a headache; if it does then research, for you could be allergic to one of the perfume's components.

It is a fresh, classic scent with a hint of sensuality. What else could a lady ask for? :)

agoenk
agoenk

i'm so curious nd exciting with this one, nd wonder how its smell like, so now i just have it, at first i think i'll gonna love it, but after use it for a few times, i'm just going to like it.
Si for me is sweet sour tart smell with a touch of spicy earthy going in its. sometimes its smell so mature but sometimes its smell so fun young grown up, so i'm not sure with it. but its still a great perfumes and the bottle is so lovely simple but elegant, so pretty among my collections.
i give it a rate 8/10 for smell and sillage moderate also longetivity so amazing 12+hours on me. but still can't love it just like it.

Deirdre1969
Deirdre1969

Cate Blanchett is one of my favorite actresses and I really wanted to like this perfume. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but...
it turned into cough syrup on my skin. Sad.

bora8413
bora8413

"MULTIPLE MERITS"
* Sweet to Spicy.
* Fruit (Peach).
* Balsamic.

I think of French Tip nails and a white blouse.
It's a very easy fragrance to wear, especially in the colder months, as it's warm and sweet while remaining feminine and fresh. Vanilla, almost caramel, is there with the main source of sweetness coming from the sweet pea.

Initially, I didn't really like this. Maybe at first sniff, I was like "WHOA, HANDS UP IN THE AIR" but as I kept smelling it, it got boring and too sweet.
However, once you get used to the sweetness and start welcoming the presence of such a strong perfume, you'll end up enjoying it.

Everything about this fragrance is seductive without being a vamp, and chic without coming from another century.
Lovely.

Peachy.
Warm.
Sweet.

Wanna be present? This is the one for you.

cherlynnie
cherlynnie

I remembered eating a chinese snack that is like preserved prune wrapped in paper wraps. The smell of the opening of this perfume is exaxtly like this snack. A gourmand parfum indeed. After about 45 minutes then i start smelling floral notes. I love this edp already!

avon_lover
avon_lover

I bought this parfum today and im in love!
I find a touch of chocolate 1hour later!
A very unique, classy, sweet and "gourmet" fragrance!
Perfect for winter days!
One of my all time favorite! <3

Brisa_Marina
Brisa_Marina

I was given a sample of this and unfortunately I am not a fan. There is an opening note that instantly reminds me of Aquolina Pink Sugar. The vanilla here makes me think of sugary sweet little girl scents and in no way says anything about sophistication. I am wearing this to bed and hope it evolves into something less heady by the time I wake up. I can't seem to distract myself from the sugar-fruit rush and I sprayed this only once.

***Follow up- I used the rest of my sample just to really give it a fair try. My husband detests this fragrance and commented how the scent made him think of the book Lolita for some reason. Still too sugary and still over priced for what was delivered. Go buy Aquolina and save your money for something better unless you are a brand whore and that's your thang.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

although this is not super original it does stand out in the way that the ingreediants used smell so much superior to other fruity selling chullies. I think this is a perfect blance of youth and wisdom, smells absolutely divine, and again the quality is so much greater than any like scents on the market that I believe anyway that it's definently worth the purchase, if you are going to go the fruitychully way this would be a great choice.
Update! The vanilla isn't as prominent that I once thought and it's not that fruity.... I mostly smell a very sweet rose oil...and I thought there had to be a touch of incense but it must be the patchouli , it's very light ....but draws you INN

Leximackenzie
Leximackenzie

Extremely sweet and unsophisticated, not what I was expecting at all. Too overpowering and sickly for me, one to avoid.

MissRen02

Strong and sweet. I would say it either works on you or it doesn't. On me it is pungent. But I've smelled it on other people and I don't get that at all. It smells of grape juice. Which I guess is "black currant nectar"... simply smells like grape. Then vanilla unlike blended with amber. The grapey-berriness stays. I think it is because I Just dont like this onec that I csn smell the littlest bit on someone for so long. God this stuff is strong.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

Literally love at first sniff. This sounds crazy, but to me it's almost like a very grown-up, romantic, sophisticated, classy and mysterious bubblegum-esque smell. Yes, bubblegum. Yum!

Black currant that stays hard edged on me while the rest dries extremly powdery. Doesn't really work on me, but smells lovely on my friend, who gets a nice fresh summery floral. Sample before buying!

kmdrcla
kmdrcla

My experience with this perfume seems to be different than the rest of the reviews - I don't really like this one on! And I tried for so long to really like it. The black currant doesn't really strike me as black currant at all, more like a synthetic cotton candy-esque smell. That's probably the first thing I get with this scent - a big hit of sweet candy smell with vanilla lingering just behind it. Kind of cloying. But sometimes I will smell it wafting through the air after someone has just sprayed it at my job (I work at a fragrance counter) and I'll love the smell of it. Love it in the air, not on the skin. For me I think I would just love a candle of it so my house could smell like this, because on me it's not a winner.

ancelicah

I got this last -2013- Christmas from a friend. At first I didn't like it. Too gourmand and too much blackcurrant which I don't like. I tried again, and loved it. Not actually a gourmand, and and the blackcurrant is really well done and balanced. I have been wearing Si almost every day for last cold months, and I have gotten so many compliments, from both male and female. Men seem to love it. You may not love it after first spritz, but give Si a chance. So warm and comforting.

Muzoona
Muzoona

I bought it from Bangkok airport when I was coming back to Dubai, I was so sad to say good bye to a such beautiful country and friendly people. Any way, I tried it and I felt there is something special with it. I always admire theses perfumes which are unique and has its own character. Si is very sweet, you will confuse what type of notes, thats why i liked it. However, Im not going to buy another bottle if the one i have it over. its just once a while.

olga.stefan
olga.stefan

Si is not the kind of fragrance that tells a pre-fabricated story. It somehow inspires you to create your own. Its linear sweetness is not disappointing and I have this feeling that Si, together with La Vie est Belle, which is a less aggressive approach of sweet longevive patchouli, will be the iconic scents of our decade. People will smell these 30 years from now and see these cat eyed instagram beauties that will make them feel oddly nostalgic.

chinna
chinna

It is a very strange aroma, seems a linear perfume. It smells of patchouli and ambre

tittertat
tittertat

At first sniff I liked this but it quickly became too sweet and cloying. If you love gourmand you may like this, to me it smells like almost cookies or pastry, pleasant but I don't want to smell like a dessert I like perfumes a bit more multi dimensional.

KIARA85
KIARA85

This is a beautiful fragrance, it smells great from the bottle and on the skin. Its sweet but its sophisticated, its grown up but its not old. Its a very good one to go for. It also lasts , and I think it would be good as a day to night fragrance.

Wemano

I got this perfume as a present from my husband and kids. It was not what I've asked! But because they gave it to me I've kept it. Only it was way too sweet for my taste. It was spring when I received it and sometimes tried it on summer evenings and later in fall on daytime and now I must admit I really like this! Maybe this time of year is better for this warm and sweet perfume. And although it is still sweet, it's totally not that sweet as I thought in the beginning. Now it's a lovely fragrance I can wear at daytime and at night, everywhere, every place!

sarahcaron
sarahcaron

I like this scent initially but then it becomes cloying to the point of nausea. I also got a raging headache. Will not be purchasing.

DaisyChain90
DaisyChain90

I do really like this fragrance but it just does not work on me :-(! It smells incredible on other people though.

sarage
sarage

This is one of those perfumes I like on other people but could not wear it myself. If I compare this with sounds, this is like a person who talks in a very high voice, screams a lot, annoys my ears and nerves. Si does the same thing to my nose and my mind as well. It is the annoying high note, as a fragrance it is cloying, gives me headache.
My aunt wears this and it is elegant on her. She is a skinny blonde. I very much think of Si as a blonde woman's perfume.
The brunette says No!

lkha37
lkha37

Very sweet, fruity, sticky and almost cloying. Unfortunately the fruit notes here remind me of the preserved plums and prunes I sometimes eat. It's not a bad fragrance but the scent recall just makes it a no for me.

Tara1
Tara1

I received a sample of Si when purchasing another perfume.

I find it delightful. It is a great day scent.
Gives a sweet, clean, happy vibe.
Modern

For me there are many perfumes that have this type of effect.

I am leaning more towards French classics at the moment.

But, it is a lovely scent!
Probably more interesting for younger women. Easy to wear.

autumn777
autumn777

Beautiful, mature, classy. Smelled on paper at store and was interested enough to try a sample - LOVE. Works perfectly with my chemistry. Not too sweet, long lasting, sexy!

InannaB
InannaB

The first time I tried it I liked it a lot, it made me smile, but after living with it a few hours it made me feel sick...

Michylaka
Michylaka

I bought a bottle of this on a whim because I liked it when I was at the store testing a few different perfumes. Maybe I had too many others on to really get the proper effects. I tried it last night after bathing. It was different then. I got the Cassis right away and the Freesia. For some reason Freesia and I do not always get along. In the dry down there was a sharpness that stung my nose. I get that from Versace Yellow Diamond Intense as well which has Freesia too. I gave it some time and then the patchouli and vanilla with hints of the other notes remained but very lightly. It is similar to La vie est Belle but not as sweet. It is pretty and refined. A good day to day fragrance.

Vesperal
Vesperal

It starts out with bold, jammy fruit that's quite sweet but not too sweet. I don’t like super sweet scents, so this would be right at the limit of my tolerance. The next stage is more floral, and as that begins to fade and the patchouli starts to kick in, that's where the magic happens: you get a great mélange of sweet and spicy that is rich and warm, but still retains some of that juiciness from the top notes so that it's not too heady or overpowering. Alas, that ends all too soon, and the patchouli takes over completely. Finally, that gives way to warm but not gourmand vanilla that stays with me the rest of the day. Not a particularly complex note to end on, but pleasant, anyway (unlike La Vie Est Belle, which turns to Yuban coffee grounds on me at the end of the drydown). All in all, it's probably my favorite of the fruitchoulis, but if you're looking for something unique, this is not it. (Or if you're looking for a chypre...not sure how they arrived at that conclusion.)

Sorendara

Heart Notes:

Rose de Mai, Neroli, Egyptian jasmine, Freesia

Base Notes:

Patchouli, Woods, Amber, Orcanox, Vanilla

It's worth noting that the notes not listed here on Fragrantica are all present in Fragrantica's note list for Si Intense.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

Smelled this at Ulta tonight and strangely,all I got was peachy apricot freshness...doesn't really match the notes listed here but maybe my sniffer is messed up!

I thought it was a pretty fresh fragrance,perfect for spring or summer.

I don't own any Armani fragrances so this would be a nice addition to my collection,but I am not really in the market for a fresh scent right now,in the middle of a snowstorm :)

TakaBeata

Si si si is every where in Poland ;)

MattChartier
MattChartier

I don't understand why grapefruit isn't listed as a note in this one. All I smell I'm this perfume is grapefruit & roses over a base of rancid butter. Not pleasant at all, and unfortunately I'm starting to smell this on people in my day to day life. I threw away my sample.

aber19

What a disappointing perfume. I wish they did not use Cate for their advertisements because it does not reflect classic, style or quality. The perfume is lacking and is for the younger crowd. This is a sweet sickly perfume, and not terribly unique.

I feel sick with this perfume. It is not value for money. A very linear perfume, nothing amazing for me. I give it 1/5 for smell, longevity, quality of fragrance.

Juliana6
Juliana6

This has been a very long time on my wishlist. First I smelled it on my colleague who didn't want to tell me what perfume she was wearing, and I lost my mind. I was sniffing, trying, looking for the scent everywhere. And then one day I saw this beautiful bottle on the table of my colleague...
I was very upset by the price of this scent, nevertheless today it's mine. It was raining outside, it was cold, and I couldn't resist buying a small 30 ml bottle of this thick, warming, sweet beauty.
The opening is sweet, strong black currant jam vapor wave in my face. I don't smell the leaves, I smell juicy, dark berries, precious, hot, homemade jam without any preservatives. Then comes the vanilla- expensive, not too sweet and very elegant and a hint of patchouli -reserved, just slightly added, just a tiny amount. And the base -a sensual, cozy support for that beautiful and still present black currant note. I must admit, I don't smell much rose or freesia, the delicious notes are dominant, which I love. A beautiful, feminine autumn/winter elixir for a real lady.

*It reminds me a bit "La vie est Belle" by Lancome.

xNanaOsaki

After wearing this for a few days I can say that I hate it!
Idk why I gave this 9/10 because it's probably only 5/10 (only because of the great sillage and longevity)

I do not smell the vanilla anymore. In the first days that was the dominant note but now it's the Cassis the dominant note and it's so STRONG. It gave me a headache!

The first days I liked it A LOT, it was a nice sweet scent but after that.. oh my god!

I did one spray on my wrist, one on the neck and on in the air and then walked into it. While I was out I could smell it and it made me sick!

If I smell it again I think I'll throw up, this is how bad it made me feel.

I regret buying a 100ML bottle of this!

Get a sample of this before trying it, or if you can't get a sample try it more than three times before buying it.

Nina Ghellere
Nina Ghellere

Mixed emotions, here...powerful notes, super strong perfume....not girly, but womanly...but.....there is something that points to the past, not to the future. Somehow, it is not new. It would have the same role in a play which Giò once had. Yet, I like it enough to wear it.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

I love this! fell in love as soon as I smelled it, it's very soft delicate yet strong scent, meaning it's not so in your face but people will still smell you && yes does it ever last, excellent longevity. It's slightly gourmandish (vanilla) entwined some green tones. Its refined && classy yet still evokes a fun && flirty side, It's a lovely scent with a simplistically gorgeous bottle, I will note that this reminded me of another scent && one of Mr. Armani's own actually this (&& I had others agree) reminds me of toned down version of his Emporio Diamonds its not it entirely but it very closely hints at it, I like Diamonds so I'm sure that why I took a liking to this, that && the fact it's just a beautifully done scent, I find this nice pretty versatile/pretty safe for year round, deff. do give it a try if interested. :)

Overall: 9/10

GemmaStars
GemmaStars

Thus far, I have only had very positive experiences with the Armani brand. Acqua Di Gioia is one of the few citrus/aquatic scents that actually lasts on my skin and Code for Women is one of the few honey-dominant scents I can actually get to work with my skin chemistry. That being said, I was very excited to hear that Armani was coming out with this last year. The excitement was gone once I started hearing people compare it to La Vie Est Belle; no offense to anyone who likes it, as I do not dislike it...I'm just tired of that type of scent.
I then received a sample from Sephora, practically begging me to smell it. So, I put a little on my wrist, not expecting much...but what I got was a complete surprise - and a pleasant one at that! This is nothing like the syrupy sweet scents which seem to have become so common lately. This is sweet, but not syrupy. It's an aromatic green vanilla. I was expecting a vanilla-chouli concoction but I was smelling something else in there. Cassis? Yes, that was it. The cassis gives it that greenness I'm referring to - it's almost minty.
As usual, Armani did their take on what's popular and made it more wearable, more mature, and gave it more longevity. This slightly resembles YSL's Manifesto but not the original EDP; it is closer to the L'Eclat. Either way, they're all very nice and I would take all three over La Vie Est Belle, which I feel this smells nothing like. The sillage on this isn't massive, but it lasts a good 7+ hours on my skin and my skin eats perfume.

It deserves to be tried. It isn't too sweet , or overpowering, and certainly not dark!! Just a refined classy gourmand with softer greenish vibes!! Beautiful!!

Togiii
Togiii

Haven't tested in on me but it seems very overpowering and too sweet and dark.

MissRen02

It starts out grapey. I get grape juice. I guess thst is the Black Currant Nectar. Then it kind of turned on me. I get pungent sweetness, not good. It calmed down to sharp vanilla and berries. But not in the way that those notes are usua lly done. Its def. Different and strong and sweet. Boozy red wine-like sweet. I like to give perfumes a few tries before making a final decision, many do grow on me, but this one just may not agree with me.

dannielc
dannielc

Si by Giorgio Armani is sophisticated, exquisite, and complex. Yes, this perfume is extremely sweet and fruity, but it isn't anything like the many other synthetically sugary scents on the market. When I smell this, I envision ball gowns, jewels, and diamonds; it is luxurious and radiates happiness and warmth.

This isn't a scent I'd wear (it doesn't quite suit me at this stage of my life), but I do think I'd enjoy smelling it on others.

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

When I 1st smelt this I hated it, I thought it was awful. I tried it again maybe a week later to see what the fuss was about & I fell in love with it! I don't know why but it smelt nothing like it did the 1st time, it's warm & inviting. I don't know how my opinion changed so much. Maybe the weather? But I really like is now. It is sweet but balanced well so it's not sickly or overwhelming it's sweet/rich to me. Definetly worth a try if you haven't Already

xNanaOsaki

I have a tester bottle of this and the notes are

Nectar de cassis
Black currant nectar

Chypre

Accord bois blond musqué
Musky white wood accord

It's amazing, long lasting and has a great sillage.
I do use it but I'm only 18 and this is a more mature scent so I tend to only wear it in the evenings and fall/winter.

I've had it on my wrist for half an hour and in the beginning it was quite a powdery scent but now it is this gorgeous deep and somewhat sweet scent. I love how it develops!

I'd give this a 9/10

EDIT:
I forgot to say that the sillage and the longevity are GREAT.
Lasted more than 8 hour on me and the sillage is heavy, my friend from the other side of the room could smell my perfume.

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

Warm, warm, yet very pleasing. When I tried this on at the store, I walked around for a few departments and I was happy with the results.

This scent smells similar to other perfumes I have in the house BUT they all smell similar after a while.

Nonetheless, the silage is good. It's not too strong, not too sweet. Good for both day and night.

Not recommended for the younger population. I would say this perfume has a sext twang to it !

anaf505
anaf505

This is an amazing fragrance. My favorite until now. I normally use at night, its good but on my skin not so long lasting. About 3 hours? I will buy again mine is almost over, all my friends want to use also !! :)

Drixella
Drixella

For some reason, the sample I smelt at Bloomie's was wayyyy better than whatever I bought and took home with me, it would be an amazing fragrance if it wasn't for this very persistent chemically smell I keep picking up from it, it could very well just be me though.

Si is in truth not in your face gourmand, it is a refined scent with gourmand undertones, and some green floral notes, it is in my opinion such a wonderful warm scent, refined. Classy, I get compliments each time I wear it!!!
It is worth checking out, give it time, it is quite a complex and grown up scent!!!

Marie76
Marie76

I don't understand. The notes are gourmandish, why is it I can hardly detect them? There 's a very basic musky,generic sexy note and also a pretty synthetic dry down, a bitter powdery thing. Nothing else. Perhaps my sample was wrong?

lonn3k3
lonn3k3

This one was confusing to me. At first, it made me sick but then i thought it turned into a sexy scent.
I am not sure i would buy it but if i would, i would rather get the small bottle since i would probably just wear it on very special ocassions. I can also say that it is long lasting and has good sillage.

Shoshi
Shoshi

I was underwhelmed by this scent. I like vanilla and blackcurrant, and patchouli, so I was hopeful. But...I just can't get a handle on it. It kind of smells like...sweet nothing. And sillage is poor too.

verasdfghjkl
verasdfghjkl

I was looking for a nice caramel fall/winter scent. I tried this in the perfumery store and thought I had found it. The smell is exactly what I was looking for... Sweet, caramelly, vanilla, warm... Perfect for colder days. But when I got home it was fading already :( So I'm probably not going to buy this as the sillage is also quite poor, it's just not worth all that money... I'm disappointed and sad that I won't be enjoying this smell. I'm mourning already.

kateapple
kateapple

This is a patchouli bomb on me, and a very sweet, cloying one too. I don't actually smell the vanilla, just a sickly-sweet patchouli unfortunately. I'm sure this work well on others but on me, the notes just don't come together.

prairiebellecandle
prairiebellecandle

Love this scent. At first it smells sort of like (omg!) beer. Now, I like beer, but don't necessarily want to smell like it. 1 hour later, I was haunted by a delicious woody, sweetness which I was drawn to in a crazy way! Drydown is delish and lasts! While I feel it's appropriate for all-day every-day (even workplace) ...it reminds me of a fall morning. Absolutely LOVE it!

UPDATE: I actually returned this scent recently as I could not seem to get myself OVER the "beer" phase. Dang it! The drydown and lasting trail was delicious, but I would dread the mid-tones.

meriselitys
meriselitys

Very sweet and warm. Peachy. Doesn't last very long.

briones
briones

great perfume , sweet but not edible . my new love

JulieG123
JulieG123

When I tried this the first time I didnt like it. Yesterday I tried it again and I love it! Perhaps its the cooler weather but somehow it smelt much better. I have this down as a Autumn/Winter scent but in my view it could be used for day or evening. I love the opening but The problem I have with it is at the end it does not smell much different if at all to other fragrances I've tried, it just seems to lose it's individuality, still remains nice though. Longevity is great 8+ hours and I would say projection is moderate. Another one for the want list!

tahia_loky
tahia_loky

Es un aroma muy fuerte como para gente mayor ... a mi me recuerda un olor a flores mezclado con vainilla demasiado dulce y pesado. No lo recomiendo !

fiouu
fiouu

Man this is bad. Opens with an acid berry froot quality, already screaming I'M SWEET Y'ALL. barf. Then it dries down to a sweet frooty (fake fruit of course) scent, that reminds me of a cheap sparkling wine that many teenagers like to drink in my country (If you want to look it up it's Frizze Blue Evolution).
The drydown is like a poor recreation of Organza. No patchouli whatsoever. And they dare call this a chypre? Really? It's really bad, and ANNOYING.
Where in heavens is this good? I was hyped up by the rave reviews, but this is so generic, in your face, not in a bold and beautifully crafted way, more like you May get more for your bucks or some type of dumb creativity processing. It's so bland, only woman trying to hold to their youth and teenagers are going to wear this. I smell it and I get on a really bad mood. It's THAT annoying. It's so fake and pretentious. I Just can't.
Update: I left the blotter in my bag overnight and When I opened it today I Just could. Not. It smells like barbies. Why would People want to smell like a freaking BARBIE? annoying, truly. Like a mish mash of every '90's perfume watered down. I don' t find this fruity floral remotely classy. Chanel 19 is classy. Mitsouko is classy. And this overpriced crap, classy it aint.
Update n2: I tried to give it another shot since everybody and their mom likes this, sampled it on skin this time. Lasts a long time but sillage is very poor for such an expensive perfume. Patchouli is nowhere to be found, and this is truly not that sweet, it's like a vapid version of alien, hollow, fruitier and mediocre. The woody accord is there to make this feel more mature, but it does not succeed. Also caracterizing this as a chypre being that it only has patchouli in the composition seems like a very poor move. Overall I find this perfume truly, very disappointing, mostly because of the very misleading categorization. And I insist, they should change the name to "si, this is eau de Barbie".
End of review until further notice. You can thumb the hell down on this. Thank you.

sparkybish
sparkybish

I thought, based on the notes, that this would be just another fruitchouli, but it is much more well rounded than that.

The cassis and vanilla are lovely and soft, there is a hint of the sweetness of freesia to round it out. A very slight undercurrent of patchouli comes, as a true base note should, at the very end.

It is feminine, soft, sexy, has a nice sillage and is long lasting.

kay0981
kay0981

A lovely, enjoyable new release from Armani, perfect especially for the upcoming colder months! Si follows the modern fruitchouli trend, with popular scents such as La Vie Est Belle, Flowerbomb and Jimmy Choo always topping the best-selling lists. I suppose it was about time Armani released their own modern fruitchouli, presumably with the aim of appealing to a broader, potentially younger audience.

Honestly though, this fragrance is surprisingly good, and not as generic as I thought it would be. It’s one of those scents that really grows on you… Although composed along similar lines as many other modern sweet scents, Si really manages to stand its own. It’s not as sweet and ‘edible’ as LVEB, and considerably more elegant and grown-up than Flowerbomb. This is a very warm, comforting fragrance; with lots of smooth vanilla brightened up by the green, fresh and fruity blackcurrant leaf. I really like how the vanilla in this is not too sweet, and very warm, however, it does smell a little dense and heavy. It’s not fluffy and weightless, but quite thick and syrupy, perhaps because of the way it’s blended with the fruitier notes. It sort of feels as if the vanilla here was slightly dragging the entire composition down in terms of its weight, and in terms how easy it is to wear. I normally enjoy heavy vanilla scents, but this one just feels like it could do with a little more balance, or maybe something to give it more depth. It is nevertheless a really lovely perfume, and I think it will perform fantastically during the cold, winter months.

The projection and longevity are moderate, which is surprising considering what I’ve just said about the ‘weight’ of this fragrance. Also, I was surprised to see that there aren’t more fruity notes listed here, because I get a really strong, tropical vibe from this perfume, particularly in the opening. It’s not the Escada kind of light and fruity, though… I can smell a ripe, fleshy passion fruit, or maybe mango, that I think adds to the syrupiness of the composition.

Overall, a really lovely, warm and comforting scent, with a little playful side. If, like me, you enjoy sweet, feminine fragrances such as Manifesto, LVEB or Miss Dior, then Si will be a keeper for you, too!
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a slightly fruity vanilla patchouli scent... I really enjoy the cassis note. Not too sweet, its really beautifully blended and balmy scent. Not too overwhelming, sticky or cloying. Great for all occasions, lasts well.

damewolf13
damewolf13

This perfume is one of a kind!
This is the scent of a warm embrace from a long lost best friend. The warmth of this fragrance will envelope you and keep you and those near you entranced with it's magical spell for hours.
These floral and green notes are blended so well with a touch of the wood note that you can't really pick out any one note seperately, but rather enjoy the richness and opulance of such an intricate blend that is truly beyond compare. It is one of my all time favorites!

TumiNkosi
TumiNkosi

I actually like this. The blackcurrant seems to balance its own sweetness, and the heart notes are beautifully blended.

The opening notes tend to give me a headache but those last about 20 - 30 minutes. The middle notes are extremely lovely but I am in love with the base notes, and they last the entire day on me. I received compliments the first time I used it, and they have not stopped ever since.

A beautiful fragrance overall.

Sweetiekitty
Sweetiekitty

This is the smell of a classy, mature wife. This is not a mistress scent at all. This is the scent of the woman who is president of the PTA. This is the scent of the mom who doesn't wear yoga pants except when she's doing yoga. She is comfortably wealthy, not ostentatious. I smell peach, and vanilla that lingers.

Brian's Wee Sister
Brian's Wee Sister

Scents are very evocative, and it's odd how your opinion of a fragrance can be so strongly influenced by another person who wears it. I have quite a broad taste spectrum in perfumes, and at the moment, I'm going through my autumnal, warm and cosy scent phase! Sadly, a very dull and frosty girl at work wears Armani Si, reapplies it umpteen times throughout the day, and unfortunately she has put me right off what I consider to be quite a pleasant colder weather scent. It hits you like a bowl of oranges, but its drydown is warm and agreeably soft. I don't find it to be cloyingly sweet like La Vie Est Belle or Alien. I think it stands out quite nicely from the other gourmand scents on offer. Haven't tried the intense version yet, but I'll give it a sniff next time I'm in John Lewis.

Dara813
Dara813

I was not expecting to like this as much as I do. The notes sounded like everything else that's being put out there nowadays but I received a sample from Sephora and I must say, this is beautiful and unique. On my skin, this smells much better than La Vie Est Belle. In fact, I received samples of each and would choose this one without a second thought. I don't get a lot of that sickeningly sweet patchouli from this. I get an aromatic vanilla that is sweet and soft. Very nicely done. The vanilla is not surrounded by a ton of other sweets, fruits, or florals which makes it very easy to wear for me. Vanilla is one of my favorite things but when it gets mixed up with too many fruits, gourmands, or florals, it loses it's quality that makes it amazing. I love a nice light, airy, and straight forward vanilla like this. It is definitely a green vanilla, which is what sets it apart from La Vie Est Belle. Longevity and sillage are also outstanding.

Filomena
Filomena

This is lovely for fall en winter. It is raspy and cozy. The warm cassis to me is the most prominent note. Why wouldn't someone like Cate Blanchett wear this?

sempervirens
sempervirens

Cassis, vanilla, rose, patchouli...what's not to like? Brings to mind scents like Miss Dior and Comme une Evidence Intense - it's the same type of fragrance to me. Easily likeable, but also very similar to many recent releases. There's nothing distinctive about it, nothing exceptional. And sillage and longevity are so poor that I wouldn't ever pay full price for this. Just a like, not love.

connie.o'strand
connie.o'strand

Nice, I like this :)
It does smell VERY similar to me of H.M. Butterfly!

PERFUME EVANSVILLE
PERFUME EVANSVILLE

I love this frangrance!! It is my signature scent. I love the light peach behind the main vanila smell. I know everyone has a different body chemistry with certain perfumes, but this one stays on me forever! Definitely one of my favorites!

P0IS0N
P0IS0N

I really loved this fragrance on a friend of mine, but these sweet scents tend to get sickeningly sweet on my skin and I'm bored easily by them. I think not many women can pull of these kind of fragrances without them getting too sweet and headache inducing.

Tiger84
Tiger84

I haven't smelled this but I know it's similar to all the others released in these past years... and here it is classified a chypre? Calling these sugarwater bombs chypre is like calling margarine butter. Ok, I should try this before writing an actual review but I'm sure I couldn't tell it apart from the many similar juices of today.

Update: I may have been too harsh, after all we could look at the big picture and see that these eras are always changing and replacing one another... so perhaps when Chanel No. 5 came out people were calling it a synthetic crap because synthetics were new and scarcely used before... and when chypres were introduced people were comparing them to the big classics and were like, "oh not another trendy oakmoss frag again". And then that era was over and now we have the candy era which will be over too. And sometimes I ask myself, is it really worse to smell like a bag of sugar than to smell like a melange of flowers, spices and woods? Of course when I stop asking and just smell I get the answer, and for me it is yes it smells worse... but for many people it's not.

On the up side, at least candy frags can be smelled all over the place and they are not trying to hide like the safe light waters of the previous trend. At least these don't disguise themselves as "no, I'm not wearing perfume, this is just what is left of my fifth shower of the morning because I am clean!"

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

Man oh man is this lovely. Warm, feminine, clean, delicious. I sniffed this on a paper sample in a a magazine and could not EVEN deal with how gorgeous it was. I rubbed it all over my body. No shame. I knew instantly that this was going to be my new signature scent. Similar to Tocca's Bridgette, which is my other favorite, this is a warm, vanilla-esque, but not like a bakery. I do not like to smell like food. This is elegant and makes me feel fancy. More of a cooler weather scent, because it's so warm, but you must sniff this if you like clean, warmer scents. I just got the whole gift set for my birthday! Si! Si! Si!

luciaandreea.neagu
luciaandreea.neagu

When I first smelled it on a tissue, it was really warm and smooth and I fell in love with it. On my skin it is liquorish and bitter and after the first hour it only remains a faint vanilla. I received compliments on it but I'm not sure I'd buy it again. Not particularly intriguing to my nose nor something I'd relate to Cate Blanchett.

jonathan.koonincks
jonathan.koonincks

I love this on woman

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Si by Giorgio Armani is the sophisticated take on the really popular younger women’s fragrances (such as Flowerbomb and Hypnotic Poison, etc.). Si has a really sweet vanilla top note but instead of being a “sugary” or “candy” vanilla it’s mellowed out with cassis which gives the fragrance a bit of a soft spice scent to it the way black currant would but without being berry or fruity smelling. The freesia and rose keep the dry down fresh as you begin to smell the patchouli which really adds depth to the fragrance. I think the ambroxan gives Si a “vintage cosmetic” type twist, like the way vintage lipsticks and face powders would smell. When people use the word “mature” to describe fragrances I automatically think the 40+ category, but Si is so elegant and would suit a classy and very feminine woman at any age. There is a sensual quality to this fragrance as well, it does not come off as “stuffy” or “up-tight”. I would certainly wear it out on a date and I think it’s excellent for the colder months of the year. I absolutely love this fragrance! Definitely a new favorite!

daniquevanaalst
daniquevanaalst

If I had to describe Si in one word: man-friendly. Every guy friend I have thinks this smells great, and I agree. The patchouli and vanilla make a great warm and feminine scent. I don't think it is as sophisticated as the image Armani designed for it, nonetheless a wonderful scent! The sillage and longevity are simply amazing. I just don't have anything negative to say about Si. I've used a bottle of 50ml and recently purchased a new one!

caylarhene
caylarhene

A sweet vanilla mature perfume for mature women . I love it.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

As I was sampling tonight, I ended walking home with a rollerball of this. I don't know why, but this works with my chemistry. It is very similar to me as L'Vie est Belle and Flowerbomb, but hitherto it does drive on the other side of the street. It's sugary and sweet and spicy. The part I like about Si is that it doesn't disappear or turn sour. I don't know if I'll ever buy a full bottle, since I do own the other two. I really like it a lot. Give it a try you might too!

pineapple_express
pineapple_express

Patchouli Wonderland aka Si by Armani

I like elements of it but the patchouli is overpowering for me. It reminds me way too much of the new Miss Dior EDP minus vanilla, which I am also getting tired of. I got a deluxe sample of Si thanks to one of the girls at Sephora (without even inquiring about the perfume lol) so I will try it out again as it gets colder.

I also have been forgetting to moisturize lately, so I'll be using my fragrance free lotion and see if this reacts differently to supple skin. It is pretty sexy smelling.

hannah.reed.9085
hannah.reed.9085

I think if Alien and Flowerbomb had a child it would smell something like this. So warm and sweet but also a bit mysterious. I love it!

smkonink
smkonink

Like eating tiramisu in the park in autumn. I ordered a rollerball based on a whim and when first applied found it very sharp and overpowering, but after 5 minutes dryed down to complex, intriging scent that lingers all day. If based on my first impression, I would have passed so glad I didn't and have been wearing to work last few days. My co-worker stated she smelled chocolate in reference to it so I think for me there is a bit of gourmand. I disagree with the h.m.butterfly comparison as can not wear that as way to sweet on me and predominatly honeysuckle, and do not smell any honeysuckle in Si, but I guess that shows again how everyones chemistry brings out different qualities in a fragance.

DONNA VARSIK
DONNA VARSIK

the laqdy sprayed this on me at macys,i loved the dry down,very light and didnt bother my allergies, i ordered it today,i cannot wait to get it,

HippyChick2
HippyChick2

My first impression of this fragrance is that it would make a good first date scent.

The tantalizing vanilla is very feminine and sweet, but not overly sweet, and there is a complexity there as well that draws you in and intrigues you.

This is a strong fragrance so if using on a first date, apply sparingly or it will come off as overbearing instead of subtle and intriguing.

Update: The strength of this fragrance didn't last. About an hour in and it settled and became much more subtle.

Namyra
Namyra

I definitely hate this one. It's so insistent and sweet that it ends up being nauseating. Vanilla note is too strong and there's something else inside that is totally chemical and causes rejection.

canadianpetite

Right away I smelled the vanilla. In Si, it seems the vanilla is standing on a podium surrounded a step down or two by freesias. It's a good fix for my vanilla craving but the perfume doesn't seem well-blended. The vanilla sings two notches louder than the freesia. The patchouli is so soft but doesn't dampen either the vanilla or freesia. Usually, when a perfume has patchouli, I find it lends a smokiness and warmth. Si stays a loud floral with a vanilla centerpiece. This is not what I imagined would come from a sophisticated and expensive brand.

One spray on me:
Sillage: about a foot or two
Longevity: 6 to 7 hours then nose-to-wrist for next three hours

arenee92
arenee92

They tell you never judge a book by it's cover. And today I learned you should never judge a perfume based on what you think it's going to smell like. I've walked past this too many times. I bought a magazine and the first perfume ad was this. I opened it, I had been meaning to smell it. How incredibly lovely, soft, and feminine. Instantly I'm transported to the warmest, fluffiest bed, with the most crisp, white sheets. Or maybe I'm strolling through a beautiful garden on the most perfect day. This perfume evokes feelings of warm fuzzies, elegance, femininity. It's delicate, sensual, warm, inviting. The vanilla is so delicious, the rose is sweet, lingering softly in the background. The woods are cozy and inviting. This fragrance is so beautiful. If there is anything I want to smell like, it's this.

heymoe9
heymoe9

I got a sample of this and ended up throwing it away. It smelled like beer on me and never gets better. If I wanted to smell like beer I would just by Budweiser.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Once my client started using this one, my office was filled with... musk. It's amazing, as musk is not listed and luckily I don't feel any on myself whenever I test it (and I do so, more and more often), but the complexity of the perfume makes you discover galaxies of notes in it, evene if they are not official ingredients. The bouquet of notes will smell different on everybody (which is not a revelation), but in this case the richness of the perfume alongside with its delicacy allows it to flourish in different colours with every single application on every single lady.

tassh20
tassh20

I absolutely love this! The first time I smelled it at Sephora I knew that I had to have it and therefore I bought it yday! Its perfect for me because I LOVE sweet perfumes, this might be too sweet for some but for me this is perfect, the more the better thats how I roll (also I bought the 100ml)! Its very strong on me and the sillage is great! It smells really delicious, and its extremely feminine which I adore since I am one of those girly girls! I feel like if I was a guy and a girl wearing this walked past me I would definitely look back to see who she was! Its noticeable thats for sure! This reminds me of Alien which I also have (one of my favs too) so yes anyone who loves something sweet, extremely feminine, young smelling, intense yet playful I would highly recommend you to buy this! I know its a bit expensive, but you have to learn to treat yourself! Also, I feel like this perfume suits my bubbly and playful personality! Thanks Armani!

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I love the sweetness of this scent! It's a very in-your-face kind of sweetness, yet very smooth, almost creamy. Every time I catch a whiff my dopamine transmitters go nuts!

The problem is, though I really like it, it's so similar in character to a couple of scents I already own, and the vibe is so much more professional than I think suits me. Every time I smell it at a store, I'm sorely tempted to buy, and sniff my hand for hours afterward. Perhaps I'll compromise and get a rollerball, just to get a little fix every now and then.

In any case, it is beautiful. The scent itself is lovely from start to finish, the bottle is exquisite and matches the juice perfectly, and the marketing is very nicely done. It's a little bit on the pricey side but, overall, a definite win for Armani.

ca-ar
ca-ar

This gives me a headache..i tried it a few different times just to be sure and I'm sure. There is something very sharp about it that doesn't agree with me. But my sister loves it and it smells very soft on her but on me it screams and offends

Oslogirl
Oslogirl

I hate to say that I don't like this perfume. I thought that I would love it, but there is something very sharp about the smell that stings my nose. I had to wash it of after half an hour because I became dizzy. Not good. I think it does work on some people, but I just cannot understand how they can bare to wear it.

antihero
antihero

Well, I just had to buy Si, I was so drawn to the fragrance I could not forget about it.

Si begins with a most pleasant sweetness with cassis, green and sweet. I love this combination. This is my favorite part of Si. Freesia moves in with a gentle patchouli. The vanilla brings a stronger sweetness in the drydown, yet it does not smell to me of vanilla.

This is slow unfolding of notes that is long-lasting.
A very good sweeter scent with notes that add an interesting dimension. I really like this one.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

This forcefully reminds me of Hanae Mori's Butterfly. Lots of vanilla. Lots and lots of vanilla. Hanae Mori is an all-time favorite, so I'm not complaining. But a half hour into it and it feels like Hanae Mori in business suit. A stylish one.

According to the notes they should be very different... but I think Fragrantica is missing a few ingredients. There are strong blackcurrants in the opening, just like Hanae Mori. And I'm not sure there isn't sandalwood.

I'll be back to update.

................

And we're back.

I spend the day wondering why I kept smelling Hanae Mori.

And on that note I must say that it has excellent projection and longevity, just like Hanae Mori. I sprayed the crook of my elbow while I was out shopping about 7 hours ago now and it's still going strong.

Verdict? I don't know. If it weren't for the fact that I was already in love with this scent, I'd love it. I'm usually not swayed by celebrity endorsements, but if there were a celebrity I'd like to smell like, Cate Blanchett would be an excellent choice. As it stands, I apparently already smell like her a couple of times a week.

In sum, I love Hanae Mori and so I love this, her professional side, but I won't be purchasing.

nseilhym
nseilhym

Although I appreciate the sweetness of this perfume, the sultry is what keeps me drawn in. I have La Vie and wear it often however, Si is much sexier. I described it this way to my husband: "La Vie is cuddly; Si is sexy." I have been looking for a soft patchouli for a while now. I have found it.

dakotadee
dakotadee

Edible and delicious. Its my signature scent!

SWEET, CLEAN , MODERN AND SOPHISTICATED ,
This review is for both, intense and regular as , in my opinion, they are very similar but as the words insist, the black one is more intense , a little denser and maybe more for the colder months , a little richer and has more cassis , like a black currant jam note rather than the leaves or black current from the bush. I love them both, stunning, unique and sophisticated, one of my husbands favourites.
Now I personally love black currents in all forms , having a mother that made jam from it as well as baked endless pies with black current. ,,, it became a love for me. And reminds me of my childhood more than anything. It's nicely done here , realistic even, and that might be what bothers some as black current often gets described as cat piss odor. I can't concur as I never had any cats ! ( big dog lover here ) To me its heavenly and fruity and dark and wonderful sweet with a Tart note !
The patchouli is so nice here, its clean and to me this fragrance is more of a fruitchouli than a cypre fruity but yes can be both.
Anyways to make a long story short it gets 10 / 10 on my vote for

Uniqueness
Lasting power
Compliments
Flacon
Sophistication

Its clean, sweet and fruity !

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

YES to silage. YES to delicious and sweet but not candy. YES to classy.

I'm very happy that this fragrance came out fruity and sweet. Not smokey and sweet like La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb. No one will regret purchasing this!

Layzie
Layzie

There are lots of detractors for this fragrance, but it is one of the most beautiful perfumes I've sniffed in a while. My girlfriend doesn't like most perfumes, and even she was impressed. :)

Armani Si has a sandalwood floral opening with a detectable sweet fruit-like note appended in the background. It's a gorgeous beginning. After a few minutes, the vanilla makes its way into the mix, along with something that I can only describe as "zingy". Patchouli can also be found melded in. Warm and beautiful. The medley is a bit orangey, sweet (but not too sweet), floral, and patchouli-ish. Three hours later, it almost seems a warm vanilla coffee but not really. Mmmmm...

As long as you don't get trigger-happy with Armani Si, it is lovely. With one spray on the forearm, it had good sillage that made my nose follow my girlfriend all around the shopping center. This fragrance breathes elegance and sex appeal. A great day or night perfume, for sure.

cpellegrino
cpellegrino

Very soft. Light. Airy. Friend said it reminded her of a Gucci perfume.

To be frank back, it smells soo nice, and it is complex if one had the nose to detect the many nuances of that gorgeous fragrance,. It is sweet but not super sweet, it is refined, and has green notes hidden in the heart, if one has the nose to decipher that marvellous fragrance...the bottle is stylish. So is the scent, it oozes with sophistication in that it is a bit cold, a bit hard to define..
Got to defend it, I love wearing it!!

To be perfectly frank, I am surprised that some people actually like Si. Why I should be surprised I suppose is the question, since it is so close to so many twenty-first-century celebrity scents. Sweet to the point of cloying, and totally abstract. (No plant life was sacrificed in the production of this juice, I am convinced!) Yes, I am afraid that the clash of perfume cultures has begun in earnest.

After picking up a sample of this fragrance at Sephora a while back, I put off skin contact after sniffing one of the powder strips in a fashion magazine. As inaccurate as those paper-strip renditions are, it was nonetheless clear that Si was bound to be a super-sweet scent. And it is.

Then I saw an ad in the September issue of Vogue featuring Cate Blanchett. Really? She always seemed so discriminating in her choices for promotion and films. She must have received something like the Brad Pitt fee for Chanel no 5, 'cause there's no way in a million years I could imagine her wearing this juice.

Or perhaps I have simply been seduced by her carefully controlled media image. Maybe she's just like the others. I could see someone like Kim Kardashian sporting and advertising Si. In fact, Kim Kardashian's fragrances are better than this.

Shall I blame corporatization again? Who owns Giorgio Armani perfumes right now? Is the once impressive perfumer Christine Nagel now just another hack?

Time for a bath now, so that I can don some "old lady perfume" before going to bed.

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

The vanilla is soft while the patchouli takes control. It is not an offensive control, but an elegant sophisticated control. Its a sweet matured fragrance. I guess the woodsy and green notes gives it that edge and maturity...so to speak. Feminine in the drydown, fresh. This perfume reminds me of a shy maiden turning up to play...not loud, not timid. Her presence is felt and we enjoy it. Very nice and your presence will be remembered, tenderly.

Chiquis
Chiquis

I received a sample of this about a month ago from Nordstrom. This is too sweet even for me and I love sweet perfumes. It reminded me of a new bag of potpourri... That overly sweet cloying smell.

chillalot
chillalot

Initially this smelled of potential. ..but drydown was too sweet & kinda cloying for me...much too heavy without any creamy richness. ...just stuck at sweetness

vanillary29
vanillary29

When I first tried this, I wasn't too impressed. It smelled a bit too immature and sharp for the huge price. But as it stayed and developed on my skin, I loved its sweetness mixed with subtle rose nuances, tart fruitiness and a slight bit of potpourri smell (nothing too prominent, just adding texture and edge). Also, the staying power was immensely good! So, I kept on trying it a couple more times till I finally took the plunge and went for a full bottle! I think Si is sweet but in a sophisticated, grown up way (something I've also noticed in the other two Armani fragrances that I own - Acqua di Gioia and Code) and it is pretty, feminine without being too soft or timid . It slightly reminds me of Escada Magnetism because they both share a similar greenness yet having a sweet, gourmand base. Over all, I think I'm really going to enjoy the beautiful sweetness that Si has to offer.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

I received a big sample and finally got to whiff this today which I was very excited about... and.. Si.
Sigh.
I'm with another reviewer below who is entirely fed up with the fruity/floral gourmand smell done over and over and over and over and over and over and over and forever done to death... and with this opener I am sorry to hurt feelings of those who may have paid a bit much for the Armani name to own a bottle of Killer Queen, *whoops!* I mean Si. I see chocolate has been mentioned here, along with plenty of 'chouli, vanilla, berries and other sweet fruit with references to La vie est belle.

Check Killer Queen for ingredients list while never minding category name. Chocolate, berries, vanilla, 'chouli with La vie est belle also mentioned there along with Flowerbomb. Only two things separate the two. Queen has a hint of powdered musk and 0 longevity.

For some strange, twisted reason I confess to loving Perry's Killer Queen and own a bottle. (Betcha didn't see this comin' huh? ;) Despite my insolence and disdain for this oh-so-common overall blend, I wore "Sigh" around for a while today. It reminded me of something in a very big way - Killer Queen minus the tad of powder, add longevity and a larger price tag. I considered tossing KQ for Si's teency bit better longevity but happen to love the powdery musky version of this "flavor" so much more. For the price difference, I will happily spray my KQ with a "Si" and a smile feeling like I smell addictively lovely, yet disturbed and confused as to how or why I like either one. I find Si to be an almost identical fragrance only a bit brighter and that's all.
Bottled fragrance can be so mesmerizingly weird. *Si*

Treacherous
Treacherous

This fragrance is perfect! Pure class in a bottle. The opening is divine, then it settles into a soft, feminine, warm scent. It is a sweet scent, but not a typical teenage sweet scent, this has a maturity to it. On me, it lasts for pretty much most of the day and with a top up, it could easily take you into the night. I do think the bottle is hideous and very dated and could mislead you into thinking the fragrance has a "nanny" smell to it, but it doesn't. If you can get passed the bottle design I think you will be pleasantly surprised. This is in my top 5 for sure, love it.

auroramaria

This is one gorgeous fragrance sweet and refined and really feminine.
Cassis freesia and rose play the main role here together with the most beautiful vanilla.
Si is very elegant with a touch of sophistication and suits every woman who enjoys sweet and cozy scents.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Does anyone else thinks this smells very similar to the original butterfly scent by Hanae Mori?

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

My mother gave me a sample of this fragrance. First time I sprayed it I thouht it is too sweet for my taste. I wear it when I go to a nightclub. It's very longnasting, it should be great for vanilla and sweet scents lovers.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

Today I learned cassis turns into cat pee, tequila, and grapefruit on me. Now I know. And knowing is half the battle. GI JOOOOOEEEE

annija8
annija8

When I first smelled Si, I fell in love immediately. Others like it too, as I've been complimented various times in just a few days. It is very sweet, yet somewhat refreshing. Not the most original scent, but that's not what I'm looking for anyways.
The fragrance is very strong and long-lasting. One spray is too much, for me 1/2 is optimal. I can smell it troughout the day.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This perfume is like a fine wine, and was an acquired taste for me. I tried it once and disliked it. Then I tried it again and I found it addictive and wonderful. The vanilla running through this scent is quite a beautiful vanilla that has to settle right on the right skin in the right temperature. I think this would work well in the Fall/Winter (although I am wearing it now!)

Having smelled this also in a magazine made me go and try it the second time. The paper strip scent was beautiful and addictive. Quite feminine, floral, sophisticated vanilla with a fruity undertone. The fruit is very deep, it smells boozy. It kind of reminds me of the way a Chanel scent would smell.

Like the drydown better than the first couple hours.This scores major points for longevity- 6 hours and I can still smell it

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

This has an initial blast of sparkly sweetness that actually settles down pretty quickly. It has a quality that I love. It's addictive yet shy and anyone who likes Carven Le Parfum will also like this one. In fact, I feel like most people in general like this one. It's definitely not ground-breaking, but with its fizzy-sweetness followed by its musky warmth, it sure is a crowd-pleaser.

lia Said
lia Said

I smelled this in the store and I initially liked it.. It smelled soft and easily wearable and I like the opening which smelled like oranges to me and I even thought its nice to use in the morning.
15 minutes later its still pleasant but quite faint.. 30 minutes later, gone. Completely! I cannot smell it and no one near me can smell it and thats with my nose directly on my skin.. I thought more sprays.. no use :( at this rate of 20 sprays I'll finish the bottle in a week.
I liked it but my disappointment with the strength and the longevity of this perfume is by far the worst I have experienced..

june7rose
june7rose

I smelled this in Ulta the other day. I felt immediately smacked in the face with what seemed like apricot to me. It must have been the cassis. I didn't hang onto the swatch long enough to get the drydown, which is probably good as I'm not a patchouli fan and I already knew it wasn't for me. It is very unique though, I haven't smelled anything like it.

hollyms
hollyms

Tried this at Macy's today and both myself and my mom absolutely loved it. Mild, sweet, and SEXY. This is one that if you try hard to smell it, you can't quite get it. You have to catch it wafting around you as the day goes on to experience it fully. Nothing overwhelming but definitely alluring. Must have...

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

A unique scent that smells earthy and sultry. Smells boozy and a bit like guava (even though the note is not listed). Reminds me a little of Badgley Mischka. Very classic, but for someone daring.

prettyswag

After wearing my sample of this...its now more cheap smelling on the drydown...it just doesnt have that suave touch lancome est belle has...its creamier..with a sweet floral wave....this wood in this clashes with the sweet vanilla..making the wood smell cheap..then the vanilla peeps through trying to get passed the wood..making a sturn weak cheap manly aftershave drydown..(after 2 hours...this i cant stand..so pass. If the freshness went to the drydown..then quality will be good..the drydown is the fail ending result for me...sticking with l est belle..the drydown is quality through not a sickly woody acrid sweetness like this one.

gesch
gesch

The notes remind me much of the discontinued Cristobal by Cristobal Balenciaga. The latter is a bit more sweet and heavy though.

Second review:
My opinion is that this fragrance is both - sweet and crisp (successful combination, I could say). I think this is because of the freshness of cassis and flowers, softness and subtle sweetness of vanilla and patchouli for balance. I, as a former opponent of patchouli found that without it, this perfume wouldn't be what it is. Exactly that note dulls otherwise unbearably sweet vanilla. Furthermore, patchouli strengthens durability and intensity of the fragrance. This is not an ode to patchouli, but rather a an awareness of how valuable ingredient is, as long as it is not the main note, for example like in Etienne Aigner Starlight, because in perfumes like Starlight, all I can feel is patch.
Si is something different, it is stylish, feminine and sophisticated and has softhess and some young, fresh vibe. It is power perfume and compliment getter. Because of its frequent compared to La vie est belle I have to say, LVEB is more heavy and candied, there is an unbearable sweetness and hasn't any balance, and I suspect that the blame for this is on praline and tonka bean.

dkny27
dkny27

Without dissecting the notes, I would just say this is a scent that I would bathe in...
If I don't necessarily enjoy a scent, I don't review it... If I love it, I try to determine why by picking it apart.... But this is just captivating!
No one note exemplifies the buttery, fresh, alluring scent that has been intoxicating my skin for the past 3 hours.
It's a tiny bit soapy, and fresh, but in an eyebrow raising way....
Contemplating an even bigger bottle of this... MMMM...

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

Si is beautiful and elegant with a sophisticated aura. Many excellent reviews have already touched on the similarities with La Vie Est Belle, Miss Dior Cherie and a host of others. I enjoy many of them, but couldn't wear them. The deal maker in favour of Si was in the sharp tartness from the cassis, the soft flash of green and in the soft vanilla woody base.

I wish this fragrance came with an adjustable spray nozzle. I find this fragrance to be strong, even though I love it, and on the days that I can 'trick' the sprayer into giving me a half or quarter dose, I'm happy!

Luckily I was oblivious to the advertising campaign surrounding Si and I had no idea who the face of Si was until after I'd purchased. It would have made no difference to me as those aspects of promotion don't factor in my motivation to purchase.

prettyswag

I actually love this fragrance and smells almost identical to lancome este b ..but the difference on my skin is this is more woody on the dry down and lancome este b is much more lighter and keeps a fresh wave all the way through and Si is fresh from the start but drydown to a warm vanilla dry wood...i like este b a bit more but will still maybe want a bottle close to winter time..
hint ***maybe...still prefer lancome este b..its less manly wood.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

Just to say to all the reviews highlighting how the stores have been 'pushing' this fragrance. That's exactly what they've done with Si. Too much media attention, telling us that it is stunning before awaiting actual public appraisal. Some store chains get paid huge amounts to promote fragrances. Some companies openly pay to simply advertise, others pay to encourage pressure sales by reward. It's essentially up to how easily the public accept what they are force fed to think the fragrance represents rather than what they honestly think of the olfactory pleasure.
Too many references to a 'sophisticated' smell just because Kate Blanchette appears in the advertising... Now imagine the same fragrance in glittering peach packaging with a flouncy cap-fronted by a giggling teen sit-com television star... Suddenly it loses it's appeal and becomes cheap and trashy. It will still be a guilty pleasure for some, but the buyer will realize the Louboutin shoes they prize actually came from Primark.

jonr951

Fantastic! It's a sweet lovers paradise, but definitely a bit more sophisticated than the norm of sweeties out there. Yes, it instantly smelled familiar, but I can't put my finger on it for the life of me. It will come to me I'm sure. But no matter what, it's a definite must have for me. Mmmm mmmm good! ^_^

And I MUCH prefer Si to LVEB and Manifesto. Sorry, but Manifesto's green opening is just not for me. Si is perfection. Haha! : )

Musky4
Musky4

All I want to say about this is the image it evokes whenever I smell it… It makes me think of fruit trees from which over-ripe fruit has fallen to the ground and has started to ferment in the heat. I'm not saying it's an unpleasant scent, just that I'd be worried about wasps buzzing around me if I was wearing Si! Will be very interested to try the new Si Intense flanker once that's launched as I do tend to prefer the 'Intense" or 'Absolu" versions of perfumes.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I find Si lovely and sophisticated. To me it smells almost chocolaty - it's smooth and warm, inviting and enticing. It's grown up, but not dowdy or out dated. Cate Blanchett is THE perfect face to market this perfume. To me she is composed, versatile, and well mannered, but still so full of character. So is Si. I fell in love with it at the perfume counter today and am anxious to be able to bring it home with me. Just fantastic. Like a reviewer below, I don't know what the magic of Si is, but I am absolutely entranced.

Also - it reminds me very slightly of Jimmy Choo's signature perfume minus the overwhelming sweet toffee note.

julianna32
julianna32

This is a sweet perfume but not in the same category of sweet as La Vie or FB. I don't know if this makes sense, but it reminds me of classic sweet scents from when I was growing up with a modern feel. I agree with the review that said its more of a refined, sweet scent . It doesn't leave a trail like La Vie but it is strong enough to last on my skin. I really liked it and I think it's a good one to try if you like sweet but want something different from candy sweet scents.

Hrisi

What is the magic of Armani Si? Can anyone tell me?
I expected to dislike this perfume for several reasons - vanilla, patchouli and chypre. Nothing like that - fell in love with it! Cassis and patchouli combine beautifully with vanilla ..... huge advantage - it's very durable and definitely has a trail that stays after leaving the room. Yes, I think between me and patchouli began a great relationship. No, this is definitely not a typical cotton candy perfume, this is just NOT cotton candy perfume. There is something more, something so special and grown up. Cate Blanchet is very suitable for the face of Armani Si. Just like her, this fragrance exudes confidence and sexiness that is mixed with elegance and sophistication. So nice and relaxing!
By the way nothing in common with Lolita Lempicka, La vie est Belle, Flowerbomb and Manifesto except that these perfumes are sweet too, but there are so many sweet scents that can't be put in a column just for that reason.

Si, I'm sure there is some magic......

ynde
ynde

Sexy, sweet blackcurrant liqueur, with earthy and vanillic hints in the background. I get the chypre feel to it after a few hours, but the blackcurrant liqueur keeps it sexy, adult and lovely.

Tovah
Tovah

I love this...it's a sweet "chypre" that smells energetic yet easy-going. It's perfect for summer. Probably my favorite mainline Armani. It reminds me a LOT of Comme Une Evidence!

Wemano

I received this as a Mothers day gift. At first I find it way too sweet, but because my little girl picked it out with her dad I had to give it a few more tries. After a little while I started to love it more each day and now like to UAE it almost every day. It's sweet but there is also a bit of freshness in it (fruity) and together with the patchouli it gives a little more to it. You can wear this as a day scent (casual or to office) but it's also great as an evening scent. After all I'm glad they picked this out for me because otherwise I would have passed on a fragrance that turns out to be lovely!

Germany

Black currant vanilla and patchouli ,,,,,
This is what it smells like , with a touch of rose. The composition is quite creamy and sweet. The bottle is beautiful. Armani seldom dissapoints.
It has a freshness to it. My husband says it smells like I just had a shower or a bath. Interesting. Something is fresh and aromatic , I like it a lot , looking forward to the new intense. In black.

Stephaniejanef
Stephaniejanef

I am so tired of these sweet, bubblegum gourmand perfumes. Armani has probably just adapted to the current market and gone with the flow on this one. No offense, but these obnoxious gourmands are more suitable on teenyboppers than on a sophisticated lady like Cate Blanchet. Armani's mktg department had me fooled. Yawn, headache.

Lana148
Lana148

Delicious, sweet, vanilla, fruity, patchouli. Yummy and long-lasting. Well made. I think this fragrance will appeal to many.

Sweetly Marie
Sweetly Marie

The department store was really pushing this fragrance today! I have to say, it's not too bad. It's a warm, comforting, vanilla fragrance with what appears to be a touch of grapefruit. A few others have commented about the citrus notes as well, though they aren't listed as being present in the fragrance. While this doesn't feel like a "grandma fragrance" to me, I still feel like this scent is for a woman older than I am (25+).

jellybeantree

Just to add, this is a great everyday fragrance! It is not too strong but present! Its comfortable and cosy and light enough for summer too! It's very easy and pleasant to wear!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is the quintessential basics of chain-store chic: fruity-floral galaxolide (that beloved, generic, tasty shampoo feel), a bold aldehydes-driven roundness, creamy musky notes (milky ketones), a light green touch a totally anonym floral bouquet, glossy as a stock archive image of a bunch of flowers. Pleasantly, uselessly dull.

jellybeantree

Out of all the sweet fragrances out today this is my favourite . It is very well done , long lasting with a touch of something special . Not your typical cotton candy fragrance. A pleasure to wear, sweet but with a twist. I love patchouli so any fragrance with it inside I love anyways!

izzie07
izzie07

If you want a perfume with staying power this one is it!!!!!

I smelled this for over 15 hours after 1 spray at the store. I loved it at first but the dry down was not good on me. Smokey I don't know something was not right.

Wanted to love it.

the_blue_cat
the_blue_cat

This perfume took me by surprise. I was expecting a week and discreet perfume, romantic and feminine. But this one is more like a vixen. At first it's very sweet - I detect a strong candy smell and a caramel note. Then it turns into a strong fruitchouli type of fragrance, almost cloying. I sense a combination of cassis and patchouli. Although cassis isn't listed as a note, it seems very proeminent.The drydown is amazing - vanilla and patchouli, smooth, warm, sweet, but cozy in a way.
I would put Si on the same "shelf" with Lolita Lempicka, La vie este Belle, Flowerbomb and Manifesto. It is sweet, warm, licorous, with a strong personality. It made for a memorable experience.

Cams
Cams

When I smelt this fragrance last fall I hated it - too sweet, not memorable. I have just revisited this for the summer and my skin/chemistry is now loving it - it now presents as a sophisticated and well behaved fragrance and it lasts forever.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام و ادب
عطری عالی و بسیار خوب در دنیای عطر بانوان
عطرهای برند جورجیا آرمانی از کیفیت و روایح خوبی برخوردار هستند
این عطر بی نظیر را می توان در کنار عطرهای بسیار خوب زنانه در فهرست خاص ترین ها قرار داد
با تقدیم احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد
facebook: گالری عطر مهرداد
instagram: mehrdad_gallery
line: mehrdadgallery
Kik: mehrdad_gallery
E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com

outofocus

I think I'm giving it away to my sis, because she likes acidic perfumes (the cassis is overpowering everything else on the bottle I purchased). That kind of fragranceis just not my thing.

I still wonder how they took me in with this perfume, I'm no impulsive buyer.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Si seems like one of the better fruitchoulis except that it's not. It's a floralchouli. Although the notes list is simple, Si is somewhat unique. Quite sweet, sexy, tangy, bright and smoky. Odd combination! It's not exactly linear. The boozy cassis and woody ambroxan start to emerge later on--a lovely combination that could only be worn on a smart, mature and flirtatious lady that is not lacking in wealth or elegance.

The patchouli signals that this is not for me. Solid projection and wear. A nice, bold and slightly matured alternative to Forbidden Euphoria, Elie Saab, Flowerbomb and Coco Mademoiselle.

yvette
yvette

Love Si! Smoky, sultry, sophisticated. It is a slinky, wolf whistle, after dark scent for 30+. Grrrrowl.

windhill
windhill

First, I'm a man and I wear this. Well, I don't like majority of men's colognes at all. That's why I have more feminine fragrances in my closet.

When I first try this it smell very similar to original Miss Dior Cherie but more sugary and concentrated. While Si seems to gourmand, fruity sweet but its really chrype in character. I actually cannot detect any vanilla at all. But instead blackcurrant syrup and clean, sparkling patchouli. The first super sweet scent that never gave me a headache and instead cheer me up in currently warm weather.

I can understand many hated here as when thinking about Cate and from the house of GA. They would(and should)done it better and suiting more for icy androgynous look of Cate. This one is really really flat, forgettable and I can't deny that.

Still, I love it. Really loved it. It does smell exactly like Qoo Grape Juice that now unavailable in my country and triggering memories of my youth. Maybe I'm really craving it and Si make me feels young again. Please don't laughing at me ahaha I wear perfume with stupid reason sometimes.

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

While trying out perfume in our Edgars store today I was introduced to this as the sales lady spritzed on me to try. Oh dear, it is definitely not for me. I get the Cassis opening and on me it is some mixture between grapefruit and a guava. This stays on my wrist. After wiping it off I get the remainder, something slightly woody which may have agreed better with my chemistry. I can safely say this is not for me. However, if you are a serious fruit lover this is heaven. As for me spicy florientals/orientals and mysterious dark woody chypres will do the job.

blueviolet
blueviolet

All I can smell is chocolate and grapefruit. Whats up with that? Thats not listed. Strange....must be my nose. It is not for me this one.

shopgirl

Very nice sweet fruity floral - smells like those sweets; Blackcurrent chewits!!

Anywho
Anywho

Hi all, the following is actually my review:

Si is a very well balanced fruity floral with some tang that probably appeals more to the mature amongst us. That is maybe the reason that it gets so many negative reviews. Yes, it is sweet as well, but I cannot detect any overwhelming syrupy or candy sweetness in here, just the normal sweetness that you might expect in a fruity floral. Si has definitely more class than a lot of fragrances out there in this category. It is strong and I can see that some might find it headache inducing. I can imagine that women who love scents like Red Door, Fracas, Giorgio Beverly Hills etc. will like this one as well, although Si is a bit softer than these power houses. At last a fruity floral that is appropriate for my age.

Edit: Sampled this today again (hot day) and it is simply gorgeous. Wonderful soft scent.

rainydays293
rainydays293

I loved it in the store, got a 30ml bottle and was shocked to find that it ended up smelling like cigarette smoke on my skin instead of the warm vanilla I experienced from the store tester.
does not remind me of La vie est belle at all.

MissMilkie
MissMilkie

I absolutely LOVE this perfume!!!

PAMELAIASTRUBNI
PAMELAIASTRUBNI

"si" has been getting a lot of mixed reviews and quite a lot of dislikes stating this as an overrated sugar bomb,odd enough the same people like other creations that are nauseating candy.true it starts super cassis and peachy sweet,but the rest is very moderate.

my experience with it has been disappointing,(not just because the smell was unexpected) i truly find it interesting and inviting,it's just that it turned on me with my acidic to a really fantasy/Lolita lempicka smell that i cant tolerate.

Armani have been doing something wrong with the marketing of this perfume.Cate Blanchett is just not the persona you imagine wearing this perfume,she has too much of a clean clear elegant vibe about her(galadriel elf, snow queen type thing..)
misleading you before you even try it on.

it's a different kind of class,and yes this sent has it,a Hugh bunch of it.it's one of the only sweet power houses today smelling modern,expensive and luxuries for a grown woman 30+

Roslaug
Roslaug

I'm a little bit torn about this perfume. When I first tested it, it was a no-brainer for me that I didn't like it.

I tested it again and I feel a bit more positive towards it now, not to the degree that I'd buy a bottle but rather that I wouldn't swap if I got one as a gift.

It is a sweet fragrance, but not in the gourmand sense yet there is something that's aromatic and tangy that tickles the nose. Freesia is domineering in the first hour or so of the experience. I generally don't like freesia but this is one of the better interpretations I've come across.

After about an hour pathouli and vanilla are dominating.

I feel this perfume is for daywear and for women 35 years and up.
This is also definately not a sexy scent in a seductive sense (I'm a kitten, hear me purr in my lingerine) but rather in an admirable sense (I'm a strong independent woman, hear me roar), and some guys just aren't turned on by the latter type...

parsleybrain
parsleybrain

Wow, this gave me a bad headache right from the beginning even so I only tried one careful splash. I couldn`t stand the overwhelming sweetness, I had to wash my wrist and minutes later I still could smell it and I had to use soap to get rid of this stuff. I didn`t even make it to the middle notes - so for me it's way too sweet and thick and overwhelming.

emmyysl
emmyysl

The best and the best perfume of the year....!!

MissYoo
MissYoo

I got this beautiful perfume as a xmas gift and love it. I had tried this out previously at a David Jones counter and really did like it :) It's quite sweet and vanilla-ly so it might not be everyone's cup of tea but it is mine. I find it lasts quite a long time too - a few hours. And I'm always getting compliments on how I smell really nice everytime I wear this little gem out :)

suhaesa
suhaesa

another impulsive buy..smells like lancome se la vie and many of the overly sugary floraly patchouli bombs..smells like dried fruets mixed with musks and white florals initially its a burst of color a burst of ten other gourmand perfumes from the last 3 years combined in to one ..highly synthetic with a tame under tone..there is something very pleasant and opulent about it its a see me smell me kind of perfume fit for those who want to e noticed miles away good for nights out..
musky florally..ambery..heavy sikingly dry yet opulant deep mysterious alive yet timid or all under toned.
smells sugary burnt sugar caramel dried fruetes..smells a bit oriental and in particular arabian oriental inspired although it does not have oud but the rose in it gives that Arabian opulencey..has vibes of flowebomb mixed with chloe and even kenzo with a heavy vanillaic base..it is a heavy perfume in a lighter version of fruty crispy green notes i did get the initial bright crisp shock which fades in to darker dullness and vanilic melancholy in a dead way..it gives me headaches after a while
its the kind of perfume that will either be loved or disliked by people its not a middle ground perfume its more on the florally gourmand side of the perfume spectrum those who like alien tm and lancoe est la vie and flower bomb will tend to like this
its a well made perfume although the notes are a bit clashing adding the green to the gourmand is being a bit off or out of the usual which makes it go hay wire some times its a perfume that depends on your body chemistry and who knows if it will work for you r not you just have to test it multiple times ..
i liked at when i used to test it at perfume shops due to the fact that i had other perfumes on so its good for blending .it is still a good perfume well made but i will have to get rid of mine which is still boxed i was doing this review from a tester which i have ten off and thats more than enough if i need to layer it ..

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Far too simple. Far too sweet. Lacks something, or I should rather say lacks ANYTHING. To me it smells like celebrity perfume. One of many "bubblegumy" scents on the market. I agree with opinion of guest_. Definitely dislike.

It's identical to Campbell's Cat Deluxe and Cat Deluxe at night, so you can save your money.
And has nothing in common with Diamonds which is 90's inspired floriental, this is modern in a bad way bubllegum fruity floral.

Choosing Cate Blanchett as a face of this perfume is absurd.
I imagine her wearing something like Ivoire by Balmain.

Decodawn

Flanker. Far too sweet. I doubt very much that the lovely Cate Blanchett would actually wear this overpowering stuff.

Another opening media blurb that concentrates on the celebrity name associated to it rather than explaining the concept and what the fragrance is like. I struggle to understand how this is a chypre? Far too sweet and the dry down is more vanilla, with no real reference to the patchouli as anything but a fixative to soften the acidic cassis. I find no finesse or elegance in this fragrance and it certainly has no place alongside the fruity chypres such as LaVieEstBelle, CocoMademoiselle, MissDior(Cherie) et al...
This is for a woman in later years that wants to desperately cling to some semblance of sexual youth by vicariously living the dream through this fragrance...
... What we term in the UK 'Mutton dressed as Lamb'.

The far too sweet top note seems to dominate the fragrance long after you expect it to dissipate to such an extent that I call it a linear fragrance with no maturity or development. It's the sort of fragrance that those middle age women buying it would sneer at if fronted by a teen pop star. I guarantee that had this been sold in Katy Perry's Purr or Meow bottle it would be instantly dismissed with a "Oh, NO, that's far too sweet for me!" by the same person...
... and I think Purr and Meow are better fragrances than Si by far.
For the record.

This fragrance makes me recoil. I think my brain has made a mental note to cause me to physically duck to avoid being anywhere near this. One sniff is enough for the brain to want to smell it again... but not until you've recovered from that first hit... Si is so strong to me that it becomes cloying and sickly after the first two hours. There is no mystery or anticipation like Guerlain's Mitsouko. I get no woody notes and it is almost like someone made a concentrated syrup of Peach and Raspberry HALLS Soothers and poured it up my nose. A total lack of elegance and sophistication... Oh, I've already said that...
I admit it's a noticeable fragrance, but noticeable as in, you can't fail to recognise it after it's been sprayed... and I get the impression that most people fall in love with that first spray simply because it is THAT noticeable I would prefer a softer and more subtle option(cue the EDT by the start of autumn!) for it to be less... erm... less... 'Brusque'.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

I keep on trying this every time I go into a shop that has it-

At first sniff Im just not sure. There is something a little sickly that makes me wrinkle my nose, I can smell fruit and I can smell ceder which I love but I turn away without purchasing....

But then about an hour or so later Im smelling my wrist over and over like I cant get enough.

There is something I cant quite put my finger on that makes me want it...long for it...and so next time I pass a shop I cant wait to go in and try it again.

..and this time Im SO sure Im going to buy it! BUT..the initial blast puts me off, and so once again I walk away unsure if this is really "me" or not.

outofocus

OMG, I've purchased mine recently but its not what I had expected!!
I get a lot of cassis (fruits are not my thing) and not much else, I can hardly smell it 10 minutes from splashing generously.
Its as its not the same perfume I had sampled that made me very enthusiastic on buying it.

Anyone had this experience? I wonder if it could have been a deliberate deception from the perfume maker.

alexandra.m
alexandra.m

This, for me, it's what disaster smells like... I let an enthusiastic sales lady to spray it on me and I ended up walking home because I was too embarassed to get on the bus. Maybe it's me, but I find it intoxicating in the worst way - the combination of cassis and patchouli is just too much for me, evolving into the smell of cheap-hotel shower gel. I literally had to scrub it off my hand and I could still feel it. I am not sure I would give it another chance, but it might work on others. In any case, it's not for a blind buy...

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

for me its like light version of menifesto by yves
or shalimar initail lea eau
very balance, end like ice cream but mature
good for every choice..the bottle is amazing@!!!

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

I have smelt this perfume on a lot of ladies and it smell so different from person to person. The main thing is the woody/spicy feeling I have sensed on most of them and I do so love to pick up a woody/spicy perfume on a lady that passes me by or walk in front of me in the street when the weather is cold. But I have to say I,m a bit baffled how this scent can be a chypré. It does not have any kind of citrus in it according to this page.

Well what does it matter....it smells wonderful!

lirael00
lirael00

I like Si, but not enough to buy the whole bottle for myself as it's still quite expensive. It's a really sweet fragrance and the lasting power is awesome. It really reminds me of the times when I was little and me and my whole family went to the circus show and I've got my cotton candy so Si really awakens the almost forgotten memories of my childhood. It smells like a delicious candy and that's all I can say.

bashe
bashe

to me this smells like champagne. and I like it

ancaan
ancaan

Wow, reading all the reviews below, I absolutely agree with the saying that one's nose is different than other. I sampled this 3 times by now, trying to get myself into loving this, but there is something in this perfume that holds me back. People are saying is somehow similar to La Vie Est Belle, but the only similarity i see is the sweetness. I own and love LVEB, but that one is more complex on my skin, while Si is some very thick sugary syrup. I love the opening of Armani Si, but after an hour is overwhelming. I feel like I'm eating a huge cotton candy. It is a great perfume for a +25 years old lady. I think it will work beautifully on a special night, wearing a long red dress. Sillage and longevity are both great. I can smell it on my arm even after 12 hours.

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

i can see the resemblance of LVEB. i owned LVEB, however there is a bit similarity, on the opening i believe. Of course Si is more spohisticated, less sweet, less sharp on the opening?. PLUS, my sis (who adamantly hate LVEB on me)said: are u wearing the perfume that i hate the most? I said no, this is newbie! sigh, i dun think it overwhelming that much! anyway, my colleague all loves this frag :))

zoedsilva
zoedsilva

Love this fragrance too death

flowerpwrz91
flowerpwrz91

Smells like a Summer evening. You are on vacation and have just spent the day on the beach, but have now showered and changed to go out for the evening - but some of the beachy scent still lingers.
As somebody pointed out - it does have some similarities with Diamonds (possibly Diamonds Rose).
But this is more summery.

nora elia
nora elia

I really doubted on buying it, but its dry down got me. Besides it has good sillage. Totally vainilla yummy

ecerusen
ecerusen

after i saw its ads, i expected more mature and floral thing(galadriel made me do it lol) but the reality is a bit different. its a sweet(not sickly sweet, its even fresh) but still mature perfume comparing with the other sugary smells.

on me, it doesnt smell like manifesto or la vie est belle. both of them is loudy perfumes(manifesto is sharp in addition) but this one is silent,and soft.
i want to give an example for describing its sweetness

la vie est belle - jellybean&skittles
si - fruit juice

because of my skin chemistry(its dry) it didnt last on me enough. and dont expect a sillage monster, it isnt.

Aline Ribeiro
Aline Ribeiro

I blindbought Sì of a friend that disliked it. Well, Si is, doubtless a great scent, a nice composed chypre . But toooo quiet for my taste. It doesn't smell like LVEB AT ALL, i have both, and trust me, LVEB is years light stronger than Si. I'll use it on this burning brazilian summer. To my nose it's LVEB + 212 Sexy+ tons of water.

Ladydebra
Ladydebra

I LOVE this perfume so much!! I don't own it, but every time I go into any fragrance shop, I have a generous spray! I am hoping to receive this for St Valentines day or my birthday!

First spritz, it's juicy berries, ripe and heavy and ready to pick. Blackcurrant and brambles. Yum. There is also a sharpness, like there's a sour one or two in there. That sharpness/tartness lingers a while, and I'm not in love with it, but I get why it's there...it cuts through the 'jammy-ness' and stops It being sickly sweet.

Next, once that tartness dies down (twenty mins...?) I get rose and vanilla alongside the berries. Light, fluffy vanilla as opposed to rich and heavy, and a lovely, rich rose scent.

Patchouli lives through the whole core of this fragrance, and Lingers on alongside the berry scent for hours. It's heavenly!

There is a woody richness in the base of Si as well. I am not sure what it is....sandalwood perhaps? It give the fragrance a slightly androgynous, masculine edge.

It lasts for aaaaages! Juicy, rich, sweet berry and patchouli linger on my wrist for hours after first spritz, and others can really smell it too (and say its lovely!).

I have discovered (through using fragrantica!) that I love Chypre style fragrances, and I love gourmands - this perfume combines both.
There is something in this that reminds me of Lancome's Tresor - tresor is a little deeper, and less sharp, but that last couple of hours left in the scent, they are just like each other.

Please Cupid, bring me this on St Valentines day!

Edit 8.2.14 - I could not wait for Cupid. I bought it!! :-)

ancelicah

I tried Si, and I was disappointed. Nothing earth shaking and unique. Sweet, and I didn't like cassis. I got Si for Christmas from a friend, and it is not that bad. It is actually quite good as I have been using it. Overwhelming sweetness fades within an hour and Si becomes very pleasant, very wearable, and likeable. It somehow reminds me of another Armani classic, one of my 90's fave, Gio. Don't let Si fool you with sweetness, it is a quality fragrance, and it lives on your skin for hours and changes for the better.

halloween27
halloween27

I haven't seen this advertised (scented or unscented) in American magazines at all. Will it be advertised in magazines in the warmer months ahead?

larita91
larita91

Wow, very sweet, almost sickening sweet, just like Manifesto or La vie est belle.....not the same, but definiately similar. Not very long lasting on me.

I smell vanille, vanille, vanille, a little bit os sugar and patchouli maybe. To my nose, it's a gourmand.

All in all, I love the smell, but not satisfied with the longetivity. Maybe it's just my chemistry.

jellybeantree

I finally have this in my collection , it's very long lasting. I love the dry down ! I took a small bottle to see how I will like it. I change so often. I think it is an amazing fragrance that you can't go wrong with. No matter what occasion . This is my first Armani fragrance and I am not disappointed !

This perfume is like a chameleon. It changes so much after being sprayed. At first it was really light and suddenly it became so delicious and edible. The sweet composition of patchouli and vanilla also blows my mind. Very womanly and lovely.
Si, I'll take this beautiful scent.

Ninula
Ninula

Si, I'm in love.. sweetness evaporates on me within next 15 mins and what is left is mostly woody notes and a bit of non-gourmand vanilla. i feel wise & elegant.
Suprisingly i'm eager to wear it even at -10'C.

jellybeantree

I take back my previous review. I said it smells like cotton candy , it is sweet but it has more depth than a lot of fragrances out there. I honestly really like this and I think its unique for a sweet perfume! I will purchase..... I like that its sweet but not in a youthful . In a sophisticated , experienced, well put together way !

peppermint_07
peppermint_07

I highly respect Cate Blanchett as an artist, and she exudes a quiet sophistication that not many actresses are able to pull off. So when I saw an advert of this over the net, I really wanted to try it out.

When I first sprayed it, the scent reminded me of four seasons tropical drink. It is sweet, yet it manages to stay fresh and light. Very delicate, but has a certain individuality that sets it apart from other gourmands.

This is a really lovely fragrance. Excellent sillage and longevity. It can be worn day or night, to any occasion. Young and mature at the same time. A true masterpiece from Giorgio Armani.

sahasz
sahasz

Wow I had a good sniff of it today. It reallyphone is surprised me in a good meaning! It is soft smell rather sweet vanilla but not as strong as red poison by Dior it is subtle I'm thinking of getting a small size but it would be my any day perfume rather than signature

pomdgf
pomdgf

I had no doubt about this perfume. Very first that I smell is softy sweet vanilla but not overpowering. After that a little bit cool and tender scent of Cassis and Patchouli hit my nose. It so beautiful, elegant , formal , informal, holiday , dating or just stay at home. Like it? no, I love it.

CoffeeCup

There seems to be quite some notes missing here on Fragrantica, found these 2 following descriptions available as weel.

It combines an inflection of three accords: blackcurrant nectar, modern chypre and light musky wood. The fragrance opens with notes of Sicilian Bergamot, Mandarin oil and blackcurrant liqueur which is supported by a heart which bursts with Rose May, Neroli and Egyptian Jasmine. Warm undertones caress the unique chypre base notes of Patchouli oil intertwined with Blond Woods, amber and musky undertones known as OrcanoxTM. Finished with a sweet animalic accord of Vanilla which gives this fragrance, longevity and unforgettable sillage.

**********

Scent: Chypre

sunbunny
sunbunny

Absolutely beautiful!

I've always been a fan of vanilla/musk fragrances, and they've always been a fan of me. By saying this, I mean that my body chemistry works particularly well with these notes. Overly floral scents tend to pull sour on me, and I can't stand sickly sweet, celebrity-esque scents. This is the perfect balance of warm, cozy vanilla, delicate, fresh floral and slightly sweet fruitiness.

The first time I wore it out, I got stopped by four separate strangers asking what perfume I was wearing. On top of this, several of my male friends have commented on "how delicious" and "how sexy" I smell. This has never happened to me before - I'm sold!

I can see this being both a day and night perfume, however, because of the price and because I adore this scent so much so that I don't want to EVER get sick of it (due to overkill), I'll use this solely as a night, "special" perfume.

In short, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this perfume. I will continue to buy as long as it's made. Hats off to you, Armani/Nagel, this is truly a masterpiece.

tvdvampire
tvdvampire

I was surprised when I saw all the dislikes on this fragrance. I find it really mature,it can be worn by young women. Very oriental and sweet at the same time.

CoffeeCup

I'll take back anything bad I've ever said about Si.
Seriously, I don't know where my nose was or what was I smelling when I first got that meh-impression.

This is such a sophisticated, and delicate fragrance I cannot believe I didn't notice it the first time I tried it. A fine fine fragrance! I'm officially in love. :)

I detect the most beautiful lilies I've ever smelled, and then some irises - those voluptous, velvety, big colorful irises (not the asian blue-toned ones). Yup, I know, these notes are not listed at all, but.. this is what my nose tells me. And then the shy and fresh rose peeks out towards the end.

A masterpiece - tender yet well detectible, romantic but not in an outdated or frilly way (if you know what I mean), feminine but in a ladylike manner, not voluptous or vulgar by any means. All in all - very well put together! And I really wish to receive it for my birthday. :)

helen22night
helen22night

This is a very feminine,elegant and sensual perfume.I really can't explain all these negative reviews,it may be sweet but in a very pleasant and elegant way. There is no similarity to "La vie est belle","Candy" or "Manifesto",which can be very nauseating. "Si" is a very classy perfume.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

The best Christmas Gift 2013 for me was to see the face of my friend, smiling and gleaming all over her when she smelled "Si" on her skin.
Gave her a big 100ml bottle for Christmas and she will love every drop of it.

She said nobody has ever got it right for her when giving perfume gifts, but this one she admires and loves.

So chuffed! I really knew this one was the right choice for her.

Finding (new)scents for friends is tricky but once you hit the nail on the head, it is one of the best things in life ;-)

perfumequeen23

Got this for Christmas but got to open it a day early :) I think this smells do amazing.
Bit confused with the notes as all I smell is a mango/orange but I think it's fantastic. Might be my new signature scent :) recommend anyone to try it.

icingsugar
icingsugar

I will review this properly when I recieve it tomorrow and also on youtube.

However I am slightly confussed about the notes as the tester in store had a sticker on the side with the notes listed, and the top note was listed as blackcurrant which is not on here. The notes seemed different to those on here and the sticker was an official armani one?

Tanyaoxo

It finally hit me! Smells a little like rose wine. A sort of greenish vanilla which is very unique. Still, I prefer LVEB to this.

aber19

I hate linear and sickly sweet perfumes. Unfortunately, Armani perfumes have declined in originality since their golden years of the 1982 Armani and Sensi perfumes. I cannot stand this candy and cassia fragrance. I sensed this is a mixture of diamonds and mania code, watered down. Unfortunately, Cate Blanchet has been paid a lot of money to promote a substandard perfume. While, people who love fruity and vanilla perfumes may find this their cup of tea. However, this perfume is extremely expensive, sickly for me and it is has become a boring celebrity fragrance with little substance. You will need to try this fragrance on, before purchasing. There is something in the opening, which smells unnatural for me.

gozgoz
gozgoz

I like it. I tested it several times. And every time it smells perfect; fresh, elegant, sporty, sexy, impressive at the same time - and long lasting. It remindes me "Baby Doll - YSL" so much! A little bit woodier, because of the patchouli, that I like. Become one of my favourites for casual use in spring/summer/fall, but not winter.

FmeNot
FmeNot

I don't smell this vanilla? To me, wonderfully warm and cozy scent, which does not resemble any other, and smells expensive

crystaljasminnoir
crystaljasminnoir

TOO SWEET! :( Seems to smell even sweeter on my skin. What a shame. Smells great on some though!

Athens
Athens

Okay, this is simply gorgeous! I adored it from the first spray on my wrist and I did not expect that I would like it so much. From the advertisement and the way that bottle is designed, I thought that it would be 'heavy' or a too classic perfume, but it's the opposite. It's so feminine, elegant, soft, sweet and lovely in a very special way. It lasts quite long and you can wear it in winter, autumn and even spring because it's light enough, fact that makes it much more wearable.
Also, on my first impression I thought that it had some citrus in it, but as it shows it hasn't got any. Maybe it's the blackcurrant leaf that gives this kinda bittersweet smell.
All things considered, it's a lovely perfume which I would love to add in my collection!

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A fruity scent, how peculiar. There are no fruity notes...

Soft and summery is all I can say. Interesting.

lawlsusie
lawlsusie

I honestly have no idea why this got so many dislikes; the smell is heavenly good it became on my top three favourite fragrances.

juanma
juanma

Esperaba mucho más de Armani con esta fragancia. No es tan Chipre como la describen ni tan sofisticada. Huele bastante dulce pero no tan chocante y pesado como La Vie est Belle de Lancome donde predominan las notas golosas y de pachoulí para poner una fragancia como ejemplo que siga la misma linea olfativa, esto es un poco más suave y tranquilo. En la primera fase huele algo fuerte pero no desagradable. Pasadas unas cuantas horas huele mucho mejor. Esto tiene más frutas, flores y vainilla (aunque no tan evidente) como figura entre las notas. Pienso que la puede usar una mujer joven o una adulta (entre 20 y 45 años) Es buena para cualquier época del año, especialmente los días fríos aunque en noches de verano no tan caluroso puede funcionar. No es muy original en su composición ya que se confunde con otros perfumes del mismo estilo, igualmente la recomiendo.

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

simply too sweet for a chypre

MOROULINI
MOROULINI

@Aquila_2009 Τhere are no words to express my admiration for you!CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR 500 REVIEWS DEAR!!!!!

RoRoSe

@aquila_2009 you are amazing !
I waited your review so bad !

xabaras
xabaras

The opening hits you with an imposing sweetness and a fruitiness which reminded me of the ultimate intense dessert: I read that vanilla is responsible for this but to my nose it smells more like caramel. Very sweet. There is a sharp fruity note in there which tries to balance the sweetness, it makes me think of citrus but it’s very mild and it doesn’t manage to “clean” this fragrance from its sweetness. An hour after putting it on, it is still smelling the same on my skin. The only difference is that the intense sweetness has calmed down a little. It doesn’t develop into anything else. It just fades away, very slowly. I barely get the rose and the freesia in it. I am not saying this is a bad fragrance, nor that I don’t like it. It just fails to make me feel special, or “different”. It is just another caramel smelling fashionable scent. One of the many which are out there right now. And if I may, it reminds me of Idole d’Armani, deprived of the leather note.

ageletou
ageletou

I just bought it yesterday after a small Market Research for my new winter perfume, this year. I have to admit that some weeks ago when the perfume hited the Greek shelves I gave it a try, I really disliked it and considered it very strong. Yesterday I gave it another chance and my opinion changed. Initially I do get the fruity notes very strongly together with a sweetness but after some time the green notes appear on the surface, creating a balance and preventing it from being cloyingly sweet. I could also say that after the first hour of application, it is a perfume that stays close to the skin. I am not sure as some other reviewers have already mentioned that has similarities with La vie est belle. For me, as another reviewer mentioned too, has similarities with Elie Saab's le parfum. Overall I can not say that I am crazy about it, I did not like other new fragrances/launches either (maybe the Economic crisis has affected the Noses too....) and because it was highly priced despite the 25% off, I just bought the small bottle, to save myself some money and change it easier in the end.
Update: the silage of the perfume is enormous, after 12 hours since the first application, I can still smell it softly on my wrists. I am very impressed about that....

RoRoSe

Attention: Not a review , just a first impression . I will provide the full review after purchasing & using it ..

Cassia vanilla patchouli rose .. Is (Connexion by Lancome) back ?

Yes, It reminds me so much of Lancome style because of the Cassia note ..

It smells sweet and fruity as belle Lancome mixed with tresor midnight rose !!

Surprisingly from Armani lasting power & sillage are so good

This will be one of my fall/winter favorite, I loved it so much ..

fayegiblin
fayegiblin

On first spray, and before reading the blend, I thought grapefruit, then vanilla, then although there was very obviously a woodiness / sweet, I wasn't quite sure what else I was getting. I was surprised there was no grapefruit but it did only last momentarily.

Instantly I liked it. Within 10 minutes its starting to become a little sweeter than I would usually like - but I still like it.

Yes, its good. I'd wear it for going to a restaurant or to the pub maybe. I can't imagine anyone would dislike this on somebody as it is definitely nice.

As a gift I think the recipient would immediately be pleased - and first impressions are great here.

7.5/10 for me.

UPDATE - Bedtime / Next day. I wore this after my bath/before bed and it was gorgeously delicious in bed - and recommended for a romantic evening now ladies ;) This morning before my shower it's still there, the dry down is lovely. I definitely think all ladies will find a place for this perfume.

Regraded as 8.5/10

stefanel80
stefanel80

Today test it. I think it's too far from "c´est la vie" as I read,because C´eLV is too much stronger . When I smell "SI" first,open one accord pungent of sour fruits like pineapple maded with syntetics aldehydes and a Green undertone around there like galbanum sytentic and I can detect there some animal notes, after some minutes the heart open inmediately with vainilla a classic floral accord but this one rounded with the woody signature but patchouly only intensify the heart and character and is not good recognized, rose and other flowers are mixed in the heart but not recognized too. before the base open some accord frutal like strawberry appear soft and last some minutes. The base is some confuse, a mix of amber powdery ,woody, vainilla,fruit, sandalwood and something none describe before, the touch of the animal notes of "Castoreum and Musk", here you doubt if is a chypre, animal or an "ORIENTAL" perfume, becuase the dry aspect of the classic chypre is absent. I love the heart of this, but base is nothing new.
Too much LOVE for everybody from ARGENTINA!

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

I love Cate Blanchett, so when I saw her on the commercial, I immediately started to imagine elegant lady-like fragrance. But this can not be what she smells like! This is too sweet (no vanilla!), artificial, disappointing.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

When I tested it , couple weeks ago , my first impression was: '' no,no,no !!! '' I smelt something sweet , artificial , and right away I wash my hand .
So .... yesterday everything changed.... I give it a second chance , and I'm glad I did it , cause I love it right away , I just fell in love . Can't explain what happens with my nose.
Now , I think it's sweet and powder , with a lovely ending notes (something between masculine and feminine).
So , girls , have patience , and believe in love at second sight .
PS : Great longevity , 10 hours +

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Tested this first on a paperstrip, and on the paperstrip i could smell the cassis. But on my skin it immidetly started to smell like applecidervinegar or dry apple cider. So gross!!! Had to spray another perfume on immidetly. Could only stand it for 5 sec. Cover this gross perfume with Jimmy Choo EDP. That was better!!Tested it in the store.
Very dissapointed with this one!

Fizzy
Fizzy

Very nice chypre fruity start, but after four hours it smells too masculine in the drydown.

tijgetje

Elagant but very soft parfum. That's my opinion ;-) I love the drydown with vanilla and rose. A good smell for autum / spring.. It would be nice with a bodylotion but they don't sell it over here.

angel6
angel6

Nothing new here, boring.

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

Tried this today in a shop, it's the top seller scent in Stockholm btw, and instantly and through out, I am reminded of Tresor.. cant say if thats very accurate since i havent used Tresor for a couple of decades.. Si is very much my style, so much so that I might not buy it hehe.. no drama, no surprises. Warm mellow fruity vanilla, lovely, safe, cozy, non intrusive, skin close, perfect for daytime office. It says: I am here, I feel calm and content.

stefafra
stefafra

tried it on a paper strip in a Duty free, not nice, too sweet and fruity in the beginning, almost like passion fruit or something tropical...it seems to be cassis, but it misses the green notes of cassis, and has only the "candy" bit of it.
It goes on mellowing into some vanilla adn woody notes, and that makes it a bit deeper, but no, nothing for me
My BF sniffed it too and though "mango? pinapple?", so there is definitely something "tropical" to it that comes out... did not like it either, nor disliked it.

kelly_xatz
kelly_xatz

I got mad and I bought it with no second thought. A gourmand ftuity skin sent. Maybe its too perfect with me that I can't smell it after a while. Good or bad? Very soft indeed. The first day at work a had many compliments. The elavator was filled with its warmth. I'm so glad it has no jasmine. that's why its sooooo soft and not loud.

benpaul12
benpaul12

The scant (but beautiful) undertones are destroyed by sickly sweet candy. Far too sweet.

Soft, sweet and pale. Very skinclose on my skin. In topnote I can smell Pear but its not listed. Fresh but I won't buy it. I got a sample today and it was fun to try Si but Si is to sweet for my taste

Mjuk, söt och blek. Mycket hudnära på mig. I toppnoten kan jag känna en Päronnot men den är inte med i listan. Fräsch men jag kommer inte att köpa den. Jag fick ett prov idag och det var trevligt att få prova Si, men Si är för söt för min smak.

hadassa
hadassa

Negative reviews usually come with every noticeable launch, and after a year everyone starts to just looove the very same previously booed perfume ;)

It's a decent berries gourmand, very tasteful, without sharp edges, but still with its own character. Very long lasting and comfortable, it will keep its owner warm and happy during the upcoming winter.

It's very far from being sickly sweet: the cassis (or blackcurrant) adds a fresh, outdoorsy feeling to the warmth of vanilla, and the earthy note (patchouli) makes the whole composition deeper.

The best part is that SI, unlike the majority of mainstream fragrances, is lovely on every stage of its development, not only in the first 20 minutes!

My only complaint would be the following: why is it worn by EVERY woman in my city? :)

nevermind126
nevermind126

From afar it smells like peach and apple juice drink. Not very sophisticated.
On my skin there's a lot of patchouli and fruity notes, all covered up with vanilla; the wood at the end is very quiet, yet together with rose, it gives a fresh, cold ending to the scent.
'Si' is not bad. It's just mediocre, uninteresting. So to speak, it is more of an Armani for H&M than a Giorgio Armani fragrance.

Stoicov
Stoicov

I'm sorry but this "Si" to me is just a copy of "Signorina Salvatore Ferragamo"".
Even the name is an abreviation...

lisa o
lisa o

SI has a really strong and unexpected fruity opening, think calyx in red! and with much more sugar added...
strawberry, cassis..from a first sniff but have to examine better..but for sure on the verge of beeing annoying...
then it calms, even gets quite good if you don't mind "sweet+fruity" (has a very soft, vanillic/corn-starchy/woody dry down), but why cate blanchett? has nothing to do with her, as- in my view- she is percepted as a mature, intellectual actress. not as someone wearing such a sweet, loud and crowd-pleasing fruit punch. the bottle promises a different thing too. just don't get the concept. still, the scent is quite nice as soon as the top notes faded.

Lozzle
Lozzle

Armani Si
I love it! My wife and I went scent sniffing and discovered this sensational new perfume. From the moment it left the bottle I was enchanted. Floral hues with a touch of vanilla, (one of my most favourite ingredients)drying off to a soft powdery fruity cocktail smell. Very nice indeed. Suited to a mature women with a sense of style and a touch of class.
M mmmmmmmmmm.

Anatares
Anatares

Fruity chypré in the opening, then it turns into a lovely (very) sweet floral with a beautiful and warm vanilla-patchouli dry down.
If you are looking for a perfume with great sillage and longevity, sultry, feminine and SWEET, this is highly recommended.
A great fruitchouli scent.
Sophisticated and womanly.

lafemmealamode
lafemmealamode

VERY dissappointed with this one! Or maybe my expectations were too high? Owning Armani Code, which is one of the greatest scents in a perfume history I was expecting from such a big name as Armani something that would revolutionize the cosmetic branch once again but... NOPE, judging from my personal preferences and reviews here this won't happen with Sia. Although it seemed nice as a sample (and I fool bought a 50ml bottle straight ahead) I hardly can bear it on my skin! Cassis? I can't smell any casiss, sugar mixed with peach is all get from it! Sia is really nothing special- too sweet, too peachy, too bubble gummish, too mainstream, too predictable, too boring... Shame on you Mr. Armani!

Patricia84
Patricia84

I got it just because on me it smells exactly like the original Miss Dior Chérie! And it lasts very long!

3ood
3ood

On me it smells like a fruit punch : (

Jenniiehs
Jenniiehs

Let me begin by saying that this perfume has amazing lasting power. I got a sample from a sales assistant at Myers 4 days ago, and its still going strong.
Its a very strong sweet scent so one spritz is enough to last the whole day. I can't detect any other notes besides vanilla.
Still comtemplating on whether to buy a bottle or not.

Ulusia
Ulusia

It reminds me of the spray that is used in Massimo Dutti shops (though Si is sweeter and feminine, the scent used in MD is masculine). I was told twice that I smell like a chocolate. For winter it is a fabulous modern semi-oriental scent. It lasts even though I think that it vanished.

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

All i got is juicy mango !!

hanin80
hanin80

Si opens similar to La Vie Est Belle. With slight difference: Si has something green in it that gladly balances the sweetness;while LVEB doesn't have this note and it's straight sweet. Then the magic comes in the drydown; a very classy woody smell makes Si so irresistible for me. This perfume transform from girlie to mature throughout the day; and i think it's a genius idea: you put Si in the morning for a girly and office friendly smell, and by night it transform like a camelion to suit the classy and romantic nightout. And YES you don't need to re-apply Si, it will stay with you till next day..

If you are a business women, this is the perfect scent for you. Strangely, sometimes it reminds me of the smell of papers of fresh new books.

All in all. This is a great scent. You should try it.

Update: this is the 15th spray i use from my bottle, i noticed the note of sweet grapefruit at the first, then it continue as before. Now the opening can not be compared to La Vie Est Belle. It became different with time. The only common thing they share now is the sillage and great longevity..
I still adore Si and now that is snowing outside, i can not think of any other perfume to make me feel cozy and special.

kakamelia
kakamelia

My collegue sprayed this on in our office today. Firstly I thought it was La vie est belle by Lancome. But it was a bit different, so my next idea was Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. In the end I asked her what did she spray on and she showed me this stuff. To me it smells like some christmass cookie. I think I was a fan of such fragrances in my twenties and I'm quite happy that theese years passed by and my my taste had changed. I don't want to smell like vanilla dough with pealed lemon skin ;)

GodlyGil
GodlyGil

Smells like bubblegum on me.

Jomoves
Jomoves

What I would classify as as a Mature Celebrity Scent. It's got all the usual fruity floral notes that are part of almost every celebrity scent, with a few musky notes to make it more suitable for the older punter. Really nothing special and I can't imagine Cate using something like this as anything but air freshener. It's more Kris Jenner.

TankGirl
TankGirl

A patchouly fruity perfume, not actually what I expected from the add that gave me another concept of the scent. Si is quite fruty and strong, suit women in their 35/45. Its a mature scent but not actually very interesting and doesnt have the "chic" factor I was looking for.
Have to try it again to make a more decent review, this is just an overall opinion from a snif at the airport.

ADAMbergris
ADAMbergris

Si? No! All I get is a slug of syrupy passionfruit pulp. A disappointing shock(er) from Armani and La Blanchett. I was expecting something timelessly elegant with a twist i.e. a modern chypre, but it's a(nother) cloying sweet fruitchouli scent, rather boring and more than a little incongruous with both Liu e Lei. Perhaps Cate was obliged to front this campaign in lieu of all the free threads Giorgio's been throwing her way of late (he is/was the patron of her place of employment, Sydney Theatre Company)??? I think she's a better match for a Prive parfum and I really can't imagine her wearing this confection... maybe only when Maestro is around and she needs a dress for an award ceremony!

ed
ed

Unfortunately, this frag is too sweet to be loveable. In fact, it does cause me mild nausea if too strong.

It's a kind of fragrance that I find hard to describe. It is not just aromatic. Can't be also classfied as vanilla or woody. It is more like a complicated mix of sweet & woody & chypre notes. Very posh and modern. I think it will be classic one day.

Update: After second test I have to admit that it is also fruity. I really like it, but not enough to buy it.

hedward
hedward

Fruits and sweaty patchouli. I don't know if Armani tried to imitate Angel with that.. Anyway it's gross. I disliked La Vie Est Belle because it bored me to death but this is even worse - like LVEB on an unwashed woman trying to cover up the smell of her sweat. I think the rose note gave this "chypre" (??) a little hope, but it dissapeared in the same second as the patchouli attacked.

Next please!

reemos
reemos

Generic ...got tired from powdery vanillaaaa....

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Patcouli (that smells like old beer) and indolic farty flowers mixed with sweet candy notes.

Again.

Can someone PLEASE come up with something new?!

PLEASE!!!

Konst.
Konst.

You are in the kitchen preparing vanilla cream fudge, he enters from the garden with freshly cut roses and freesias. What is that divine smell?, he asks. Come here and try..., you say and smear the cream fudge on your lips. You start to kiss, the flowers get hoplessly crushed, his hand sneaks under your top and... Your four-year-ols son bursts into the kitchen: Mama! Are they ready yet?! You stop kissing, you exchange a very dirty look and when the kids are finally asleep...

================

In plain words: yes it is a flower-vanilla bomb, but the flowers are subtle and fresh (unlike La Vie est Belle which gave me an instant headache) and vanilla is kind of dirty and mixed with burnt caramell (at least on my skin). Sexy in a sweet & yummy kind of way, not bad if you like it like this.. Silliage is huge, so please be moderate when applying!!!! Longevity some 6-7 h.

I got it as a present and since I am not a fan of flower-gourmand I will gladly exchange it for something more woodsy/spicy. PM me if you live in Madrid (Spain).

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Si translates as a very fancy piña colada with a hint of perfume on my skin. Another fruity patchouli scent, Armani goes right with crowd with this one. It is more pleasant to me than many other 'fruitchoulies', still it does not interest me enough to buy it.

Bandit
Bandit

To each their own and all that (for me NOT this fume, for sure -> I dislike it enaugh to not talk about it), but what really bugs me, and it bugs me really really A LOT:

This is called "chypre".

I mean, c'mon. That's not what chypre was intented to smell like. Call it fruity fruit mix with some patchouli or whatever, but not chypre. Give those new "chypre" fumes that are not allowed to use real chypre ingredients it's own category name! Don't use this "sacred" term!!! Yeah, I know, I'm a granny with a granny brain and a granny taste and a granny wardrobe, I'm boring and oldfashioned, I don't get it at all, I know, but still.

Chypre is unpolite, unfruity, bold and diva like. Only for the brave (did I steal that phrase from someone... ;). Si is none of it.

Pout
Pout

Oh, I love it! It is so powdery and you feel swimming in fruit elixir lasting for hours. It is in the style of La Vie Est Belle but more complex and not so loud, on my skin at least.

Miss Blanchett put her face on a real nice fragrance, it needs to be worn a bit to enjoy the complexity of the scent. Of course it is compared to La vie est Belle, still this is different, a gourmand of course, but more subtle, with green accents here and there, a bit cold, but refined, mysterious.Gourmands are so great to wear when the weather cools down, and this is a lovely one , refined, the Armani touch.

Tanyaoxo

Jeeeeeeeeeez what's the big deal! I like La Vie Est Belle, i like Si! Clearly I have no taste. Back to 'teeny boppper' land for me! God I hate that turn of phrase.

umtaleb
umtaleb

Opening is bitter fruit. Mellows quickly into a 'shape-shifting' vanilla; not sweet or cake, but aromatic and green. I find it dry and not particularly juicy or fresh.

Si is NOT a fruity-floral. Complex, but not overwhelming.

Don't trust the paper strip, requires skin test with several hours of wearing.

Edit:
@masrizalrikifariki; a man could absolutely wear this

annabolina
annabolina

Dear Ms Blanchett, you are far more interesting person and better actress than this dull mainstream stuff. Old Guerlains, or even some unusual Eldo may fit you better.

Agia77
Agia77

Very boring, nothing new. Without depth and personality.

bushonka
bushonka

This realy reminds me of La Perla Jáime. Slightly sweet version of it.I already have J'aime so I'll pass.Nice but nothing new.

sparris
sparris

@masrizalrikifariki: Sure, why not? Wear what you like!

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

what if a guy wearing this?

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

finally i have it and wear it for 1st time.for me-good vanilla sweet and rose start...hope to be better after few hours!!!

Decodawn

I had the opportunity to try Si when it was first launched and I must say considering Cate Blanchet is the face of the product, the fragrance is rather a let down. It is in my opinion far to young and fruity to even be considered something that I would truly imagine that she would wear. I always imagined Cate as a more Classic Fragrance such as No 5 or Mitsouko. Anyway, enough of me rambling, the Bottle is gorgeous, very modern and square but very heavy and not ideal for a ladies handbag, so it would have to adorn the dressing table which is fine although I do like to refresh my fragrance throughout the day and something less heavy would have been more appropriate to carry. The fragrance itself reminds me very much of La Vie est Belle, Flowerbomb and is a bit too much candy and sweets for my liking. Although I am sure it will be adored by twenty somethings the world over. I am sure this will be a bit hit for Christmas.

CoffeeCup

Magnificent add, boring scent. It's too simple, fruity and sweet to live up to the charm of Cate Blanchett.

azmilini
azmilini

The smell is so fruity & yummy but the bottled is so heavy..

lisatenholt
lisatenholt

I've got a sample of this parfume. I'm def in the market for this one. I can agree with some people that it's not a outstanding parfume in comparison to others, it's not very unique. The sweetness reminds me a bit of La vie est belle from Lancôme, but it has a patchouli undertone. I'm crazy over patchouli-based scents. I will definitely buy this one!

rooa
rooa

A minus because it reminds me of so many other perfumes. In my concept, a good and stylish perfume, it must be unique. This is just another perfume, too sweet and bold for my taste.

virga
virga

It’s not bad, just boring. The problem is that it lacks depth and personality. It’s sweet, nice, but that’s it. I would never give a second glance to the person who wears Si. Even the name is so unimaginative.

santrasta
santrasta

If autumn were a woman, I could totally imagine her wearing Armani's Si! A beige cardigan, a scarf and a walk in a park in October are the first things that come to mind when I smell this. I'm young (17 years old) and I think this scent is a little bit mature - not a little girl's scent - and makes me feel grown up, but not old. Perfect! I'm waiting for the prices to drop a little bit for this pretty little thing so that I can lay my hands on it! I wouldn't suggest to blind buy it though, because I've found that on people it smells anything from awful to beautiful.

As for longevity and sillage, right now after 3 hours from application it sits close to my skin and is not very noticeable but don't mind me, my skin is dry as bones!

Eicher
Eicher

Tried Si di Armani today.

It's definately "si"!

At first, the scent did not seem to be anything particular. Good but nothing particular. After an hour or so, the perfume slowly develops into a beautiful bouquet of freesia, cassis with discreet woody notes.

To me the vanilla and patchouli are there as "base" to the pyramid, to give it strength and not as main accord. I personally do not smell any of these two intensively.

I also don't think it to be similar to Oriens from Van Arpel - at least, not to my chemistry. I see that some compare Si to La vie est belle and Manifesto.
To me : not at all.

I believe Si to be a sweet, fruity/floral scent. Light and delightful, it fits to Giorgio Armani's perfume creation. So far.

Edit: 6 hours later trying it, now I can notice the vanilla but still no patchouli.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

I love this scent! It's sweet, fun and cheerful without smelling too young or cheap. It starts off pretty fruity, then it developes into a more sophisticated vanilla-ish scent, but still with the fruity notes in it. I absolutely want this. It smells like happiness to me!

Sensoria
Sensoria

Can't say it's a chypre, more a sweet fruity floral. Not the best of Armani, it will never be my signature, but nice in autumn to wear so now and then.It's not so loud as La Vie est Belle and not so sweet as Manifesto and Flowerbomb. Si is more softer. This suits me better but isn't breathtaking. Expected more. When I smell Si I'm asking myself :why did they discontinue Sensi? That was a very classy and great perfume.

tota
tota

on my skin it's similar to "miss dior cherie"

lilou
lilou

Very pretty, elegant, modern and joyful. Fuity at the opening, then it's a sweet floral fragrance. Patchouli, vanilla and rose are very present.
Yes it's a gourmand but, to me, it isn't similar to La Vie est Belle or Manifesto, which are more sugary (LaVieEstBelle) or milky (Manifesto). It's close to Armani Diamond or Armani Remix.
Good lasting power.

Still in my dislikes after testing again.
I felt a little harsh about this one.
I read Luca Turin review and it makes no sense to me, but anyway tastes are tastes.
BTW if he asks himself why Sì is written with accent in spite of being a one-syllab word, well it depends on words and a general rule in Italian says that if there are two words written in the same way then one takes the accent.
I was looking for something else to test and guess what? No more on shelf in order to make room for Armani Sì! Not putting me in a good mood...
I went for it anyway and again I found it so disturbing but this time I thought: "Yes, there are worse scents around, this is just weird, loud and boring"
Better than first encounter.

Sì?? Why??
Sì means Yes and for me it's a big NO!
Yet another "new" fragrance from boring Armani.
Cristine Nagel is a good nose, so this might be a joke.
Or another sign of times...
This perfume is absolutely overpowering in a clown-faced way. Scary McDonald's clown would smell like this.
Not a clear stink like a dirty toilet would be for just anyone, but rather like a bad joke, like a giant peach of marzipan dipped in sugary liquor thrown in your face while you carry shopping bags with both arms.
Sure Luca Turin likes it... mmm... if it's not just the usual worn attitude, well, good for him. It's on the market, ready to buy. A new mass success? We'll see. There are many people who don't like it here. Maybe it's a new strategy like "many enemies, much honour"
I'll carry my gas mask.

giola
giola

Pretty average, synthetic, sticky sweet. Similar to La vie est belle.

HUEbris
HUEbris

I've got this miniature today as free. It's a new launch perfume in my country(at september), so I was entry the event, so they choose me as tester.
Si, it's a free so i'm gonna do spiel about this perfume.
Actually, I was so expected about this perfume even I was knew this perfume's notes are not my tastes. cuz this is the Armani and prive collection is gorgeous, this perfume looks like prive junior... I think.
but as I already knew, I just disappointed to this perfume.
Too sweetness and sticky, nothing new. I smelled it somewhere.
I had worried about my opinion was quiet different to others, but that's my worrying unduly.

Nemosh
Nemosh

This one smells synthetic flowers on my skin, not very nice.
It lasts a good 3 hours on my skin.

Niaou Gav-Gav
Niaou Gav-Gav

I got a free sample of it and I can say that I loved it when I first tried it, as it reminded me of La vie est Belle so much, and maybe a little bit of Miss Dior Cherie. Ok it didn't last too long on my skin, but the smell of it is so girly, romantic, classy and sexy at the same time. For sure I would recommend it to young women 25-40. However, the design of the bottle is very simple which is something really negative for me, as I'm not only a smell fan but also a collector of empty fragrance bottles!Despite this, I would definately give it a try and buy it!

Liene
Liene

Very rarely freesia and wood smells good in perfumes, sadly this is the case when strong floral sweetness and freshness is made overly persistant. I just cannot stand it on my skin and that lasts for good three hours. The good part of Armani's Si comes later when the drydown appears in all its beauty. It is very cozy yet sexy like early Sunday mornings in bed at home. Something warm, but totally non-offensive and comfortable, close to skin and intimate. Light patchouli creates wonderful light balminess to the scent with sweet touches of vanilla, it is complemented by slight sharpness which comes from cassis and tenderness which comes from roses and freesia.
Almost a masterpiece. If there would be a way how to overcome first three hours, I would love to wear it because of next three, but the opening makes me say No to it.

pavel.dumitrescu007
pavel.dumitrescu007

This is a very unique fragrance for women. It's aromatic, juicy, a little fruity and soft. It's the perfect balance of everything a woman needs. It's not one of those typical fruity-floral-fresh fragrances, neither one of those overwhelmingly floral and balmy fragrances. I like to call this fragrance "the daughter of Poison" because it's very aromatic and juicy, bu it's not so strong and balmy. Really love Si. It reminds me of black currant liquor.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Was a bit too fruity and "juvenile" smelling for my liking. I really had big expectations being an armani fragrance. I detected peach, blackcurrent, and some other non-descript fruits rounded off by vanilla. But overall, was quite surprised how teeny bopper it came across - ESPECIALLY given that the more mature, elegant Cate Blanchett was representing it in adverts. And within an hour or two had disappeared. I will test again, and re-edit my post if I get a better experience the next time around!

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

I find Si is overpoweringly pear-like with freesia and vanilla kicking in along the way. It has good staying power. I'm not a fan but I don't dislike it either.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

Si? No!No!No!
Why? Because from a house like Armani I expect a true fragrance, not a celebrity edt repacked in another bottle and labeled as expensive "edp". I get very poor lasting abricot-peachy fruity smellfrom this one.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

No fruit in Si? I can't believe it! I can smell gorgeous tart blackcurrants in the top notes but when it dries down, all I get is an overly sweet red fruit jam. The top notes seemed to be so promising! I honestly don't recognize any of the notes listed on Fragrantica except vanilla! Sorry!
But it's a great fragrance for goumand lovers undoubtedly!

beddy
beddy

déçu, encore un parfum fruité sucré !!!!!

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

Disappointed by this new release from Armani. I was expecting something different, more sophisticated also perhaps. To me, this is another one to add to an already too long list of "lollipop perfumes": Lancome La vie est Belle, Jimmy Choo, Prada Candy, YSL Manifesto, Dolce and Gabbana Pour Femme etc...
I would also add that the warm/gourmand nature of this scent is strikingly contradicting with the cold, steely image of Cate Blanchett; from a pure marketing point of vue, I don't quite get the association here.

meama
meama

ouch! it is simply monstrous, industrial fruit juice has a more refined smell than that. There was an error, it is a flanker of Fanta.
Armani Soda?

alli8769
alli8769

First there was Viktor & Rolf "Flowerbomb", then there was "La vie est belle" by Landcôme, all the sudden there was also "Manifesto" by Yves Saint Laurent, and now this. It seems like the guys on L'Oréal can't come up with anything else than Flowerbomb-clones that just tend to get sweeter and sweeter...

lovetoshopmum
lovetoshopmum

I love love this perfume, when first sprayed on my skin it kind of reminded me of Prada Candy (which I love) but it is more floral and vanilla then sweet like Prada Candy. Love everything about it except for the design of the bottle .... very cheap looking black lid on the top, that is the only complaint I would have. Perfume is such a personal thing, don't be swayed by others who don't like it ... try it yourself you might love it like me!!

derkargy
derkargy

It reminds me of Lancome's La vie est belle,but is less sweeter and softer,maybe because of the hint of cassia.

TatyanaS
TatyanaS

This fragrance doesn't seem to be bad at all. I couldn't say I want it, but this perfume is really pleasant.

Sannee77
Sannee77

Why all these negative reviews?? I think this is one of the best of the Armani fragrances (like them all, though). Initially I get a blast of fresh cassis, but that fades in a few minutes. An after that I get... La Vie Est Belle! Don't know why, praline isn't even listed as a note in Si, but I still get the same warm vanilla-praline-patchouli feeling as in La Vie Est Belle, plus perhaps a little rose. Now, nine hours after applying, the La Vie Est Belle is gone, and what remains of the Si is a hint of a classic woody vanilla base. All in all, very nice fragrance! Goes onto my "want it" list.

Edit: Now I've been wearing Si for a few weeks, and getting more and more impressed by it. For me it's the perfect mix between warmth and sophistication, I feel beautiful when I wear it. And Cate Blanchett is the perfect face, she IS this fragrance! And Si really isn't as similar to La Vie Est Belle as I first thought, Si is fresher and lighter and has a green note to it.

Galya
Galya

Me too,I didn't like it ,very odd and awful smell....

Arttemiss
Arttemiss

Horrible, flat, uninspired currant juice...
& in any case I wouldn't define it as a chypre.

Klementina
Klementina

If this juice is a chypré, then i´m a persian princess.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

Si smells extremely familiar! I have lancomes lveb but it's not it. I saw Chiara Ferragni posing for this perfume and they could have chosen her as muse. I can't imagine Cate wearing this, its rather more young. But since I do like sweet fragrances so much I like this one too. I just need to find what it is that this smells identical to!

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

Thanks to a sample from another fragrantica member I got the chance to try this. On me I can smell cassis and a soft patchouli. A very nice pleasant perfume but nothing overwhelming. Sweet, pretty and slightly cloying if too much is worn. Longevity is good and I am pleased to have a sample to try again later.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

i wanted to love it...but there is nothing special about it..its a smell we all have smelled many times before...and in my opinion not a great one

canadianpetite

Spritz this on my way home from Shoppers. Hubby was washing the truck but could smell this about five feet away. He likes it but it is a sillage bomb. Sweet, fruity and young. Nothing unique but I wouldn't turn down a bottle if gifted. I'm not convinced the price is justified by this fume.

One spray on me
Sillage: about five feet
Longevity: jumped in shower soon after so will try again for assessment
Rating: for now, 3.5/5

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

A gorgeous and gentle fruity floral gourmand . Powdery vanilla very well blended with delicate flowers , it's sexy but eludes kindness . Sweet and natural smelling , with no distinct notes apart from vanilla . The patchouli is subdued to blond woods . Very expensive but well worth the money , despite a relatively low silage and average lasting power . Just as good as Sensi was, it's perfect for just about any uncomplicated day , a romantic evening or to lift up the mood . Love at first sniff , elegant , gentle and ladylike . Perfection!
Ps. I have La vie est belle and it smells nothing like it.

smellME
smellME

This is a very good choice for autumn. I think it resembles la vie est belle and wasn't surprized others think so too. Where I think the Lancome is stronger clearer and sharper , Si is a little more toned down , powdery , creamy and spicy but still sweet - this is my choice of the two. It is more mature and mysterious and will , for me be easier to wear.
The perfume smells a lot more interesting than notes shown here so my guess is there are several notes missing...
The bottle is plain but classy with the black walnut shaped lid.
A nice choice for the colder months !
I was happy to get a fresh sample among others from the lovely perfumecounselor Linda at NK , Stockholm !
Will get a full bottle when sampling this is over..

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

Sweet and cozy, very pleasant, perfect for autumn. It's a cross between Coco Noir and La Vie Est Belle but it still has its own character. I prefer Coco Noir I think, but I like Si well enough to think about buying a bottle. I think it'll be hugely popular.

gamos
gamos

I did not like it at first, when I tried it after it came out. A few days later and a cooler day, after some rain, I thought I give it another try. I sprayed it on in a shop and went away. After half an hour or so I was nicely surprised how it developed on my skin. Yes, it is sweet. And normally I don't like vanilla, but somehow the patchouli takes some of that away and makes it kind of interesting and definetly elegant. I kept on sniffing my wrist and bought it the next day. It is not the most original of all fragrances but it is well done and I think it will be great in late fall and winter. The sillage is very good and I could still smell it the next day.

TakaBeata

For me this one is from orientale vanillie.
Why the name is Si?? Armani don't like Lempicka ??
Yes this is interesting scent, warm, light spice.

skimrande
skimrande

I absolutely love it! I tried it on and it fit like a glove, so this one I will absolutely buy.

Veda
Veda

I really don't get it why they don't put all the notes.
Mango,orange,sun melon,maracuja.
Reminds me of a Body Shop essence.
Too much fruity,sweet and a little of ambroxan.
Perfect for summer,spring and teenagers!
The light fruity version of Lla Vie Est Belle by Lancome.
A Gourmand One.
The perfume campaign is ordinary and old fashioned.
They should have chosen a younger and fresher muse for this one!

Well Si is in a way a more mature scent, it is all about a gourmand scent with understated elegance. The scent is rich, yet it can be a bit cold, I don't see any similarity at all with Diamond ,which is a vague woodsy musky scent.Si is very Italiano, it has a smoldering quality that is undistinct.I see it more as a winter scent, it deserves the time to be discovered, one can detect green nuances here and there. Feminine, classy, a bit linear yes,it does have an earthy quality very true, but overall very very wearable.
I find it more interesting than Coco Mademoiselle also.
I agree this isn't really like La vie est Belle, only the same category as both are gourmand.The Lancôme is bolder.

Si is a sweet vanilla patchouli, with a deep fruity floral undertone. It reminds me of the various Miss Diors out there. With this combo of notes, it’s bound to be compared to other sweet patchoulis, and there are a lot of them. There isn’t much about this that makes it stand apart or smell better than its similar peer perfumes, such as Miss Dior (Cherie), or even Coco Mademoiselle. Those are all just done better. The review by passionata20 is spot on for me. I also own and love Armani Diamonds but this does not smell like Diamonds on me. I wish it did. Everyone’s chemistry is different so you have to try it to see how it will work on you.

Sloshpot

DIAMONDS DIAMONDS DIAMONDS I cant believe no one else has spotted it.

Sloshpot

Its Diamonds repackaged to try to appeal to the classier older woman. You cant pull the wool over our eyes Armani.. huuuuge fail!

Actually cannot believe the gaul of these people,. Two perfumes.. marketed completely differently.. with EXACTLY the same fume' inside from the very SAME makers. diamonds was revolting and so is this.

dormir6
dormir6

I have been waiting it for sooooo much, and I was so confident I would like it. Well, I don't. It is not a bad one, but has some sharp, and distinctive carachteristic above the sweet tones, that makes me think of hangover, and my nose avoids my wrist insted of sniffing. I can imagine that someone may love especially this part of the fume, but for me not a full bottle worthy. Sweet and sharp altogether.

antonpan
antonpan

I was very afraid to face with the situation that Si is really similar to La Vie est Belle or YSL Manifesto. Today I tried it and can state that all these comparisons are untruthful. Armani Si has nothing common with vanilla bomb Manifesto and shares a little similarity with La Vie est Belle deep in the dry down. There are some negative points as well: Si is younger, less sophisticated and less creative than La Vie est Belle for example. To my nose, Si is all about exotic fruits. It smells like a Fanta Tropical Flavour: a lot of juicy sweetened mango (or passion fruit or pawpaw) on a woody vanilla base. As a man I do love Si, as a perfume lover I don't. I'd like women at the street smell like that, though.. Si is too generic, too plain to become a new pillar of Giorgio Armani. For Escada limited summer series - yes, but not for Armani.

atlantasia
atlantasia

I had bought this on an impulsive whim, which I rather regret, as there is many more deserving perfumes out there especially in regards of the price. This perfume isn't bad, it's inoffensive and not overpowering, but it is just generic and bland. It's rather soft as well and doesn't last long at all and there is very little sillage. I would recommend buying something else.

beatrix75
beatrix75

a biiig noooo this scent its just about the vanilla and nothing alls !!!for the first time i sad its not good sorry

millie1980
millie1980

I saw this advertised as the "new chypre" - highly misleading, because it is best characterised as a fruity-floral gourmand. I'm biased, because I don't like gourmands, but let me warn you that between the top notes and base notes, it has a weird smelling phase. I think this is the patchouli, plus something else not so nice.

I think this perfume is not original at all, it is just drawing on frags like Coco M and existing gourmands. Sorry to be so negative, it's just not working for me!

curvealert
curvealert

I sprayed a tiny amount of this on my wrist in a department store before getting on the tube home. That was a mistake. The smell of Si in a hot, crowded underground train, shared with men who have been wearing the same trainers every day for weeks was enough to make me want to pass out.

Sweaty trainers, though revolting, at least smell natural. Si is an entirely synthetic creation that combines the worst of Manifesto and La Vie est Belle. Cloying sweetness and a weird metallic Windex note reminiscent of that other horror I can't stand, Hanae Mori Butterfly.

Now that I'm home, it still smells cheap and nasty.

Trixie10
Trixie10

I thought this would be subtle. Cate Blanchett- classy and offbeat. It was advertised as containing chypre. All I smelt was sickly like melted jam.

misssimi

I recived and I love it its my signature fragrance of fall 2013.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

The initial spritz of this is very peachy and very nice. It's fruity and addictive and I can smell sweet caramel, but I'm not sure if this note is listed. This is a very pleasantly average modern gourmand fragrance which has fair longevity, (2-3 hours), limited silage and grossly overpriced price tag!
For very little more money, I can get an Annick Goutal, Serge Lutens, JHAG, get the picture? Trust me, this little bottle of scent doesn't even come close.

auroramaria

This is such a gorgeous fragrance I'm so happy I tested it today, I was afraid it might have been another let down but this scent delivers.
It's rich,warm and really deep.
Sì has the same vibe as La Vie est Belle and Flowerbomb but it is even better.
On me Sì lasts a good 6 hours and sillage is awesome.
I see myself wearing it during the colder months and I have no doubt it will smell fantastic!!

passionata20
passionata20

26. august 2013

It is heavily promoted now everywhere and of course i couldn´t resist and not to try it. I´ve been wearing it several times already an here is what i can say: it is nice but i expected something completly different, especially with Cate Blanchett as a face of fragrance. This is sweet and i would say it is probably best for fall-winter, not to be worn during very humid and hot summertime. I´ve tried it in +25´C in a non humid northern european weather and while it is ok at the moment it doesn´t appeal me that much as i think it will do later this year.
In geenral i find a combination of rose and patchouli here quie interesting and pleasant, however the freesia adds some "rotten" accord. The whole composition has actually something distantly reminding me of a Moschinos latest release "Cheap and chic chic petals", but le me explain: in "SI" the rose and patchouli smell quite close to the opening of "Chic petals" - strawberry and pomegranate. They share the same vibe, while they are both sweet, but they are not candy sweet and have something a bit "sour" in their composition. In "Si" the freesia gives freshness and bit of sourness. Ok, "Si" is vanilla based scent after all, so it is right on trend however i still expected something more aldehydic, to be honest.
In geenral a nice composition and stunning minimalistic bottle!! The bottle desrves an award of it´s own actually!!
Yes i will buy it anyway but still i will probably stick to my "sensi" bottles in the future after all.

The problem is with lasting power and sillage actually. While it is an EDP it lasts up to 3 hrs on my skin (and i spray generously!!! 5 times!!) the sillage is also quite weak, i can hardly detect it. The paper test is the winner, but my skin eats the scent (which is not a problem with major of my parfums). Maybe during colder weather it will improve it´s sillage and lasting power, but not now.
Sadly a bit dissapointed. I had really high hopes, but they weren´t fulfilled 100%.

P.S. I just realised after reding the review somewhere belowm that it does indeed smells a lot like super concentrated ORIGINAL "Miss dior cherie" ( i even got my bottle out and smelled it. That strawberry note in MDC is actually here in "Si" as well, not listed but the feeling is very close. Take the original formula of MDC, triple it and add bit of a "roten earthy note and - voila! Here it is. NB! It is not the same as MDC, so don´t buy it based on this remark, it just has the same feeling, but tastes may differ.
IMHO it doesn´t smell anything close to "La vie est belle" or "Manifesto"

P.P.S. Cate Blanchett, usually the one i admire, looks quite ugly photoshopped on promotion campaign. Not good for her, hardly recognizible. :(((

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Similar to La Vie est Belle. Tried this one and YSL Manifesto at the same time yesterday, and these two are also very much a like.
Starts quite fresh with the cassis. And dries down to a lovely, warm, sweet and smooth vanilla.
I liked this more than Manifesto, because Manifesto`s dry down was somehow "colder" and more powdery.

Sorry, but I think this is a very gross and unpleasant blast. To me it's a very sickening scent. Ambroxan, patchouli and the woody notes scream along and come mixed with some vanilla-floral notes in the drydown. It doesn't have anything of La Vie est Belle to me. It's just loud and nauseating.

annestar
annestar

Great fragrance, tried it today, had to buy it :) Love the powdery Vanilla, its very soft.

szilviabartha
szilviabartha

Smells like La Vie Est Belle. I liked it very much and bought it at the airport after trying it.

shopgirl

Pleasant, inoffensive fragrance - great for a hot day. I smell peach in this, quite nice but ultimately unremarkable. Smells very generic.

perfumequeen23

This is now on my Christmas list :) I tested it yesterday baring in mind I squirted one little spray on my arm at 11 it was still strong enough to smell at 3 so I think this will be good for longitivty for me. I didn't look at the notes until today and was surprised there was rosé in it :/ I could smell the vanilla and something else I can't put my finger on but couldn't smell rose. I am not in to rosé anymore it goes sour on me but this smells beautiful!!
I WANT :)!

natalie809
natalie809

Got a sample of this today in john lewis! I really like it! To me it smells similar to dolce & gabanna pour femme :-))

Lukiezoomy
Lukiezoomy

Tried this today and I think I really like it. Not my usual spicy oriental but good for the days when you don't want to stop people in their tracks! Does anyone else think this smells like Elie Saab EDP? I really wanted to like that one and loved the first hour or so but after that it just turned dirty on me. This is how I wanted Elie Saab to smell, and it has stayed true through the day. I smell fruit in the first blast which is lovely and fresh in this hot weather. It gets a bit sweet for a while but the dry down is what I wanted from Elie Saab and didn't get. Very nice, definitely worth another try and a very possible purchase.

sueellen
sueellen

tried this today fell in love straight away!really nice undertone that comesnout through the day .Only tested in Debenhams and i defently think ill purchase ,i never smelled vanilla at all which is strange considering i love vanilla!does remind me of something but i cant put my snout on it !never tried the other scents people are saying it smells of so cant comment.

Shwets
Shwets

Like an intense La vie est belle mixed with strawberry notes from pre reformulated MDC

Ealing64
Ealing64

Classy, sheer, a million miles from the omnipresent girly/pinky/fruity juices of the market.
For the discerning, sophisticated young lady who knows how to stand out from the crowd.
Particularly suitable for daywear, it is elegance Italian style.

misssimi

can't wait to try this baby! so excited i think this is the revelation for this autumn! :)

Jasminalia

Actually, on my skin it's like La vie est belle mixed with Manifesto.
Yummy...

jellybeantree

I was so lucky today when I went to visit my friend who works at a perfumery , they where testing Si and I got to spray it on me! Well its very fruity on me in the beginning which is strange then the florals come in and I found it very interesting. It then turned into cotton candy in the dry down and I don't wan't to smell like cotton candy. Why does it smell like this? I look at the notes and scratch my head. If you like La vie est belle by Lancome or flowerbomb, you might like smelling like cotton candy. I think it is a grown up cotton candy smell , I have to say that it's not for me....

I feel so lucky to be able to review it!!! First because this is a wonderful creation, it smells great, it is definitely a gourmand with chypre accords, in the top notes I detect the patchouli, the freesia and the cassis which gives it a certain freshness, I feel it will probably be compared to La vie est belle because they both are bold scents, with character, but the Lancôme is more a candied patchouli, heavier, more dense, sweeter also..Si is more refined, , more feminine, more stylish. the freesia and the cassis give it a fresher greener floral vibe also..I find Si beautiful, Kate Blanchett represents the scent with her classy charm very well. Si is a classy scent..nothing girlie about it, the drydown opens up nicely, the scent warms up on the skin, the vanilla is very very shy..
I don't think it is like Manifesto in the least bit...
Si has also a veil of mystery that the Lancôme doesn't have, this is a mature , modern, beautiful creation.
Longevity is good. On the skin lingers the nicest sweet aroma!!

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

Ambroxan is a synthetic compound that recreates ambergris. To truly experience ambroxan, try Juliette Has a Gun's "Not a Perfume." As for this fragrance, it does nothing but provides a clean base.

I had high hopes for this, when I first saw the notes.

However, I see how this is going. Cheap currant notes (ostentatiously referred to as Cassia, when it's just a fancy way of saying NONDESCRIPT DARK BERRY) meshed with patchouli, to produce a scent that's like everything else out there these days. Heightened vanilla to make it edible, rose and ambroxan to ground it, and Freesia to give it a cheap "floral" smell, and wood to convince you that it's not a cheap overdone fruity mess.

Not impressed. It's too much like Manifesto and La Vie Est Belle. Straight up vanilla with "something else" to make it something other than a solely-vanilla composition. With Manifesto, the other notes gave it a daiquiri smell, and with La Vie Est Belle, the other edible shit made it spicy and "interesting" for the mom's that browse the Lancome counte.

Veryyyyyy gourmand !
Sticky fruitchouli.
Just smelled it : it reminds me of La vie est belle.

juliaforsberg79
juliaforsberg79

Sì is quite similar to YSL Manifesto and D'Squared2 Potion for Women in that it's a relatively sweet and powdery scent with a tart berry note that cuts through the sweetness. I was hoping for something more sophisticated and less girly since it's Armani and especially since the cool and classy Kate Blanchett is fronting the campain. I got this as a press sample btw but my opinions are my own

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

I am interested in this. I could do without the vanilla, but if it is done right, it could be soft and classy, which is what I am hoping for.

What on earth is 'ambroxan'? Time to look that one up!

Si by Giorgio Armani 3.60 out of 5 based on 1973 ratings and 437 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Si fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Si, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Si by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Si by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Subscription Promo