Designers » F-H » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Si Giorgio Armani for women
dislike

Si Giorgio Armani for women Videos
Si Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Si Giorgio Armani for women Pictures

According to Women's Wear Daily: "Australian actress Cate Blanchett has been confirmed as the new face of Giorgio Armani Parfums, a division of L’Oréal Luxe. Blanchett, who is rehearsing for a play with Isabelle Huppert at the Sydney Theatre Company, will be the face of an advertising campaign for a new eau de parfum called 'Sí' that will hit shelves at the end of the summer. The confirmation comes after weeks of unsubstantiated buzz following press reports about a fragrance collaboration between the actress and Giorgio Armani, who have a long-standing professional relationship. Blanchett has often worn Armani creations on the red carpet and openly expressed admiration of him." Si was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel.

Cassis

Freesia May Rose

Vanilla Patchouli Ambroxan Woody Notes

Sì Intense

Si Fragrance Reviews

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

As I was sampling tonight, I ended walking home with a rollerball of this. I don't know why, but this works with my chemistry. It is very similar to me as L'Vie est Belle and Flowerbomb, but hitherto it does drive on the other side of the street. It's sugary and sweet and spicy. The part I like about Si is that it doesn't disappear or turn sour. I don't know if I'll ever buy a full bottle, since I do own the other two. I really like it a lot. Give it a try you might too!

pineapple_express
pineapple_express

Patchouli Wonderland aka Si by Armani

I like elements of it but the patchouli is overpowering for me. It reminds me way too much of the new Miss Dior EDP minus vanilla, which I am also getting tired of. I got a deluxe sample of Si thanks to one of the girls at Sephora (without even inquiring about the perfume lol) so I will try it out again as it gets colder.

I also have been forgetting to moisturize lately, so I'll be using my fragrance free lotion and see if this reacts differently to supple skin. It is pretty sexy smelling.

hannah.reed.9085
hannah.reed.9085

I think if Alien and Flowerbomb had a child it would smell something like this. So warm and sweet but also a bit mysterious. I love it!

smkonink
smkonink

Like eating tiramisu in the park in autumn. I ordered a rollerball based on a whim and when first applied found it very sharp and overpowering, but after 5 minutes dryed down to complex, intriging scent that lingers all day. If based on my first impression, I would have passed so glad I didn't and have been wearing to work last few days. My co-worker stated she smelled chocolate in reference to it so I think for me there is a bit of gourmand. I disagree with the h.m.butterfly comparison as can not wear that as way to sweet on me and predominatly honeysuckle, and do not smell any honeysuckle in Si, but I guess that shows again how everyones chemistry brings out different qualities in a fragance.

DONNA VARSIK
DONNA VARSIK

the laqdy sprayed this on me at macys,i loved the dry down,very light and didnt bother my allergies, i ordered it today,i cannot wait to get it,

HippyChick2
HippyChick2

My first impression of this fragrance is that it would make a good first date scent.

The tantalizing vanilla is very feminine and sweet, but not overly sweet, and there is a complexity there as well that draws you in and intrigues you.

This is a strong fragrance so if using on a first date, apply sparingly or it will come off as overbearing instead of subtle and intriguing.

Update: The strength of this fragrance didn't last. About an hour in and it settled and became much more subtle.

Namyra
Namyra

I definitely hate this one. It's so insistent and sweet that it ends up being nauseating. Vanilla note is too strong and there's something else inside that is totally chemical and causes rejection.

canadianpetite

Right away I smelled the vanilla. In Si, it seems the vanilla is standing on a podium surrounded a step down or two by freesias. It's a good fix for my vanilla craving but the perfume doesn't seem well-blended. The vanilla sings two notches louder than the freesia. The patchouli is so soft but doesn't dampen either the vanilla or freesia. Usually, when a perfume has patchouli, I find it lends a smokiness and warmth. Si stays a loud floral with a vanilla centerpiece. This is not what I imagined would come from a sophisticated and expensive brand.

One spray on me:
Sillage: about a foot or two
Longevity: 6 to 7 hours then nose-to-wrist for next three hours

arenee92
arenee92

They tell you never judge a book by it's cover. And today I learned you should never judge a perfume based on what you think it's going to smell like. I've walked past this too many times. I bought a magazine lately and the first perfume ad was this. I opened it, I had been meaning to smell it. How incredibly lovely, soft, and feminine. Instantly I'm transported to the warmest, fluffiest bed, with the most crisp, white sheets. Or maybe I'm strolling through a beautiful garden on the most perfect day. This perfume evokes feelings of warm fuzzies, elegance, femininity. It's delicate, sensual, warm, inviting. The vanilla is so delicious, the rose is sweet, lingering softly in the background. The woods are cozy and inviting. This fragrance is so beautiful. If there is anything I want to smell like, it's this.

heymoe9
heymoe9

I got a sample of this and ended up throwing it away. It smelled like beer on me and never gets better. If I wanted to smell like beer I would just by Budweiser.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Once my client started using this one, my office was filled with... musk. It's amazing, as musk is not listed and luckily I don't feel any on myself whenever I test it (and I do so, more and more often), but the complexity of the perfume makes you discover galaxies of notes in it, evene if they are not official ingredients. The bouquet of notes will smell different on everybody (which is not a revelation), but in this case the richness of the perfume alongside with its delicacy allows it to flourish in different colours with every single application on every single lady.

tassh20
tassh20

I absolutely love this! The first time I smelled it at Sephora I knew that I had to have it and therefore I bought it yday! Its perfect for me because I LOVE sweet perfumes, this might be too sweet for some but for me this is perfect, the more the better thats how I roll (also I bought the 100ml)! Its very strong on me and the sillage is great! It smells really delicious, and its extremely feminine which I adore since I am one of those girly girls! I feel like if I was a guy and a girl wearing this walked past me I would definitely look back to see who she was! Its noticeable thats for sure! This reminds me of Alien which I also have (one of my favs too) so yes anyone who loves something sweet, extremely feminine, young smelling, intense yet playful I would highly recommend you to buy this! I know its a bit expensive, but you have to learn to treat yourself! Also, I feel like this perfume suits my bubbly and playful personality! Thanks Armani!

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I love the sweetness of this scent! It's a very in-your-face kind of sweetness, yet very smooth, almost creamy. Every time I catch a whiff my dopamine transmitters go nuts!

The problem is, though I really like it, it's so similar in character to a couple of scents I already own, and the vibe is so much more professional than I think suits me. Every time I smell it at a store, I'm sorely tempted to buy, and sniff my hand for hours afterward. Perhaps I'll compromise and get a rollerball, just to get a little fix every now and then.

In any case, it is beautiful. The scent itself is lovely from start to finish, the bottle is exquisite and matches the juice perfectly, and the marketing is very nicely done. It's a little bit on the pricey side but, overall, a definite win for Armani.

ca-ar
ca-ar

This gives me a headache..i tried it a few different times just to be sure and I'm sure. There is something very sharp about it that doesn't agree with me. But my sister loves it and it smells very soft on her but on me it screams and offends

Oslogirl
Oslogirl

I hate to say that I don't like this perfume. I thought that I would love it, but there is something very sharp about the smell that stings my nose. I had to wash it of after half an hour because I became dizzy. Not good. I think it does work on some people, but I just cannot understand how they can bare to wear it.

antihero
antihero

Well, I just had to buy Si, I was so drawn to the fragrance I could not forget about it.

Si begins with a most pleasant sweetness with cassis, green and sweet. I love this combination. This is my favorite part of Si. Freesia moves in with a gentle patchouli. The vanilla brings a stronger sweetness in the drydown, yet it does not smell to me of vanilla.

This is slow unfolding of notes that is long-lasting.
A very good sweeter scent with notes that add an interesting dimension. I really like this one.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

This forcefully reminds me of Hanae Mori's Butterfly. Lots of vanilla. Lots and lots of vanilla. Hanae Mori is an all-time favorite, so I'm not complaining. But a half hour into it and it feels like Hanae Mori in business suit. A stylish one.

According to the notes they should be very different... but I think Fragrantica is missing a few ingredients. There are strong blackcurrants in the opening, just like Hanae Mori. And I'm not sure there isn't sandalwood.

I'll be back to update.

................

And we're back.

I spend the day wondering why I kept smelling Hanae Mori.

And on that note I must say that it has excellent projection and longevity, just like Hanae Mori. I sprayed the crook of my elbow while I was out shopping about 7 hours ago now and it's still going strong.

Verdict? I don't know. If it weren't for the fact that I was already in love with this scent, I'd love it. I'm usually not swayed by celebrity endorsements, but if there were a celebrity I'd like to smell like, Cate Blanchett would be an excellent choice. As it stands, I apparently already smell like her a couple of times a week.

In sum, I love Hanae Mori and so I love this, her professional side, but I won't be purchasing.

nseilhym
nseilhym

Although I appreciate the sweetness of this perfume, the sultry is what keeps me drawn in. I have La Vie and wear it often however, Si is much sexier. I described it this way to my husband: "La Vie is cuddly; Si is sexy." I have been looking for a soft patchouli for a while now. I have found it.

dakotadee
dakotadee

Edible and delicious. Its my signature scent!

SWEET, CLEAN , MODERN AND SOPHISTICATED ,
This review is for both, intense and regular as , in my opinion, they are very similar but as the words insist, the black one is more intense , a little denser and maybe more for the colder months , a little richer and has more cassis , like a black currant jam note rather than the leaves or black current from the bush. I love them both, stunning, unique and sophisticated, one of my husbands favourites.
Now I personally love black currents in all forms , having a mother that made jam from it as well as baked endless pies with black current. ,,, it became a love for me. And reminds me of my childhood more than anything. It's nicely done here , realistic even, and that might be what bothers some as black current often gets described as cat piss odor. I can't concur as I never had any cats ! ( big dog lover here ) To me its heavenly and fruity and dark and wonderful sweet with a Tart note !
The patchouli is so nice here, its clean and to me this fragrance is more of a fruitchouli than a cypre fruity but yes can be both.
Anyways to make a long story short it gets 10 / 10 on my vote for

Uniqueness
Lasting power
Compliments
Flacon
Sophistication

Its clean, sweet and fruity !

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

YES to silage. YES to delicious and sweet but not candy. YES to classy.

I'm very happy that this fragrance came out fruity and sweet. Not smokey and sweet like La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb. No one will regret purchasing this!

Layzie
Layzie

There are lots of detractors for this fragrance, but it is one of the most beautiful perfumes I've sniffed in a while. My girlfriend doesn't like most perfumes, and even she was impressed. :)

Armani Si has a sandalwood floral opening with a detectable sweet fruit-like note appended in the background. It's a gorgeous beginning. After a few minutes, the vanilla makes its way into the mix, along with something that I can only describe as "zingy". Patchouli can also be found melded in. Warm and beautiful. The medley is a bit orangey, sweet (but not too sweet), floral, and patchouli-ish. Three hours later, it almost seems a warm vanilla coffee but not really. Mmmmm...

As long as you don't get trigger-happy with Armani Si, it is lovely. With one spray on the forearm, it had good sillage that made my nose follow my girlfriend all around the shopping center. This fragrance breathes elegance and sex appeal. A great day or night perfume, for sure.

cpellegrino
cpellegrino

Very soft. Light. Airy. Friend said it reminded her of a Gucci perfume.

To be frank back, it smells soo nice, and it is complex if one had the nose to detect the many nuances of that gorgeous fragrance,. It is sweet but not super sweet, it is refined, and has green notes hidden in the heart, if one has the nose to decipher that marvellous fragrance...the bottle is stylish. So is the scent, it oozes with sophistication in that it is a bit cold, a bit hard to define..
Got to defend it, I love wearing it!!

To be perfectly frank, I am surprised that some people actually like Si. Why I should be surprised I suppose is the question, since it is so close to so many twenty-first-century celebrity scents. Sweet to the point of cloying, and totally abstract. (No plant life was sacrificed in the production of this juice, I am convinced!) Yes, I am afraid that the clash of perfume cultures has begun in earnest.

After picking up a sample of this fragrance at Sephora a while back, I put off skin contact after sniffing one of the powder strips in a fashion magazine. As inaccurate as those paper-strip renditions are, it was nonetheless clear that Si was bound to be a super-sweet scent. And it is.

Then I saw an ad in the September issue of Vogue featuring Cate Blanchett. Really? She always seemed so discriminating in her choices for promotion and films. She must have received something like the Brad Pitt fee for Chanel no 5, 'cause there's no way in a million years I could imagine her wearing this juice.

Or perhaps I have simply been seduced by her carefully controlled media image. Maybe she's just like the others. I could see someone like Kim Kardashian sporting and advertising Si. In fact, Kim Kardashian's fragrances are better than this.

Shall I blame corporatization again? Who owns Giorgio Armani perfumes right now? Is the once impressive perfume Christine Nagel now just another hack?

Time for a bath now, so that I can don some "old lady perfume" before going to bed.

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

The vanilla is soft while the patchouli takes control. It is not an offensive control, but an elegant sophisticated control. Its a sweet matured fragrance. I guess the woodsy and green notes gives it that edge and maturity...so to speak. Feminine in the drydown, fresh. This perfume reminds me of a shy maiden turning up to play...not loud, not timid. Her presence is felt and we enjoy it. Very nice and your presence will be remembered, tenderly.

Chiquis
Chiquis

I received a sample of this about a month ago from Nordstrom. This is too sweet even for me and I love sweet perfumes. It reminded me of a new bag of potpourri... That overly sweet cloying smell.

chillalot
chillalot

Initially this smelled of potential. ..but drydown was too sweet & kinda cloying for me...much too heavy without any creamy richness. ...just stuck at sweetness

vanillary29
vanillary29

When I first tried this, I wasn't too impressed. It smelled a bit too immature and sharp for the huge price. But as it stayed and developed on my skin, I loved its sweetness mixed with subtle rose nuances, tart fruitiness and a slight bit of potpourri smell (nothing too prominent, just adding texture and edge). Also, the staying power was immensely good! So, I kept on trying it a couple more times till I finally took the plunge and went for a full bottle! I think Si is sweet but in a sophisticated, grown up way (something I've also noticed in the other two Armani fragrances that I own - Acqua di Gioia and Code) and it is pretty, feminine without being too soft or timid . It slightly reminds me of Escada Magnetism because they both share a similar greenness yet having a sweet, gourmand base. Over all, I think I'm really going to enjoy the beautiful sweetness that Si has to offer.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

I received a big sample and finally got to whiff this today which I was very excited about... and.. Si.
Sigh.
I'm with another reviewer below who is entirely fed up with the fruity/floral gourmand smell done over and over and over and over and over and over and over and forever done to death... and with this opener I am sorry to hurt feelings of those who may have paid a bit much for the Armani name to own a bottle of Killer Queen, *whoops!* I mean Si. I see chocolate has been mentioned here, along with plenty of 'chouli, vanilla, berries and other sweet fruit with references to La vie est belle.

Check Killer Queen for ingredients list while never minding category name. Chocolate, berries, vanilla, 'chouli with La vie est belle also mentioned there along with Flowerbomb. Only two things separate the two. Queen has a hint of powdered musk and 0 longevity.

For some strange, twisted reason I confess to loving Perry's Killer Queen and own a bottle. (Betcha didn't see this comin' huh? ;) Despite my insolence and disdain for this oh-so-common overall blend, I wore "Sigh" around for a while today. It reminded me of something in a very big way - Killer Queen minus the tad of powder, add longevity and a larger price tag. I considered tossing KQ for Si's teency bit better longevity but happen to love the powdery musky version of this "flavor" so much more. For the price difference, I will happily spray my KQ with a "Si" and a smile feeling like I smell addictively lovely, yet disturbed and confused as to how or why I like either one. I find Si to be an almost identical fragrance only a bit brighter and that's all.
Bottled fragrance can be so mesmerizingly weird. *Si*

Treacherous
Treacherous

This fragrance is perfect! Pure class in a bottle. The opening is divine, then it settles into a soft, feminine, warm scent. It is a sweet scent, but not a typical teenage sweet scent, this has a maturity to it. On me, it lasts for pretty much most of the day and with a top up, it could easily take you into the night. I do the think the bottle is hideous and very dated and could mislead you into thinking the fragrance has a "nanny" smell to it, but it doesn't. If you can get passed the bottle design I think you will be pleasantly surprised. This is in my top 5 for sure, love it.

auroramaria

This is one gorgeous fragrance sweet and refined and really feminine.
Cassis freesia and rose play the main role here together with the most beautiful vanilla.
Si is very elegant with a touch of sophistication and suits every woman who enjoys sweet and cozy scents.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Does anyone else thinks this smells very similar to the original butterfly scent by Hanae Mori?

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

My mother gave me a sample of this fragrance. First time I sprayed it I thouht it is too sweet for my taste. I wear it when I go to a nightclub. It's very longnasting, it should be great for vanilla and sweet scents lovers.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

Today I learned cassis turns into cat pee, tequila, and grapefruit on me. Now I know. And knowing is half the battle. GI JOOOOOEEEE

annija8
annija8

When I first smelled Si, I fell in love immediately. Others like it too, as I've been complimented various times in just a few days. It is very sweet, yet somewhat refreshing. Not the most original scent, but that's not what I'm looking for anyways.
The fragrance is very strong and long-lasting. One spray is too much, for me 1/2 is optimal. I can smell it troughout the day.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This perfume is like a fine wine, and was an acquired taste for me. I tried it once and disliked it. Then I tried it again and I found it addictive and wonderful. The vanilla running through this scent is quite a beautiful vanilla that has to settle right on the right skin in the right temperature. I think this would work well in the Fall/Winter (although I am wearing it now!)

Having smelled this also in a magazine made me go and try it the second time. The paper strip scent was beautiful and addictive. Quite feminine, floral, sophisticated vanilla with a fruity undertone. The fruit is very deep, it smells boozy. It kind of reminds me of the way a Chanel scent would smell.

Like the drydown better than the first couple hours.This scores major points for longevity- 6 hours and I can still smell it

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

This has an initial blast of sparkly sweetness that actually settles down pretty quickly. It has a quality that I love. It's addictive yet shy and anyone who likes Carven Le Parfum will also like this one. In fact, I feel like most people in general like this one. It's definitely not ground-breaking, but with its fizzy-sweetness followed by its musky warmth, it sure is a crowd-pleaser.

lia Said
lia Said

I smelled this in the store and I initially liked it.. It smelled soft and easily wearable and I like the opening which smelled like oranges to me and I even thought its nice to use in the morning.
15 minutes later its still pleasant but quite faint.. 30 minutes later, gone. Completely! I cannot smell it and no one near me can smell it and thats with my nose directly on my skin.. I thought more sprays.. no use :( at this rate of 20 sprays I'll finish the bottle in a week.
I liked it but my disappointment with the strength and the longevity of this perfume is by far the worst I have experienced..

june7rose
june7rose

I smelled this in Ulta the other day. I felt immediately smacked in the face with what seemed like apricot to me. It must have been the cassis. I didn't hang onto the swatch long enough to get the drydown, which is probably good as I'm not a patchouli fan and I already knew it wasn't for me. It is very unique though, I haven't smelled anything like it.

hollyms
hollyms

Tried this at Macy's today and both myself and my mom absolutely loved it. Mild, sweet, and SEXY. This is one that if you try hard to smell it, you can't quite get it. You have to catch it wafting around you as the day goes on to experience it fully. Nothing overwhelming but definitely alluring. Must have...

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

A unique scent that smells earthy and sultry. Smells boozy and a bit like guava (even though the note is not listed). Reminds me a little of Badgley Mischka. Very classic, but for someone daring.

prettyswag

After wearing my sample of this...its now more cheap smelling on the drydown...it just doesnt have that suave touch lancome est belle has...its creamier..with a sweet floral wave....this wood in this clashes with the sweet vanilla..making the wood smell cheap..then the vanilla peeps through trying to get passed the wood..making a sturn weak cheap manly aftershave drydown..(after 2 hours...this i cant stand..so pass. If the freshness went to the drydown..then quality will be good..the drydown is the fail ending result for me...sticking with l est belle..the drydown is quality through not a sickly woody acrid sweetness like this one.

gesch
gesch

The notes remind me much of the discontinued Cristobal by Cristobal Balenciaga. The latter is a bit more sweet and heavy though.

Second review:
My opinion is that this fragrance is both - sweet and crisp (successful combination, I could say). I think this is because of the freshness of cassis and flowers, softness and subtle sweetness of vanilla and patchouli for balance. I, as a former opponent of patchouli found that without it, this perfume wouldn't be what it is. Exactly that note dulls otherwise unbearably sweet vanilla. Furthermore, patchouli strengthens durability and intensity of the fragrance. This is not an ode to patchouli, but rather a an awareness of how valuable ingredient is, as long as it is not the main note, for example like in Etienne Aigner Starlight, because in perfumes like Starlight, all I can feel is patch.
Si is something different, it is stylish, feminine and sophisticated and has softhess and some young, fresh vibe. It is power perfume and compliment getter. Because of its frequent compared to La vie est belle I have to say, LVEB is more heavy and candied, there is an unbearable sweetness and hasn't any balance, and I suspect that the blame for this is on praline and tonka bean.

dkny27
dkny27

Without dissecting the notes, I would just say this is a scent that I would bathe in...
If I don't necessarily enjoy a scent, I don't review it... If I love it, I try to determine why by picking it apart.... But this is just captivating!
No one note exemplifies the buttery, fresh, alluring scent that has been intoxicating my skin for the past 3 hours.
It's a tiny bit soapy, and fresh, but in an eyebrow raising way....
Contemplating an even bigger bottle of this... MMMM...

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

Si is beautiful and elegant with a sophisticated aura. Many excellent reviews have already touched on the similarities with La Vie Est Belle, Miss Dior Cherie and a host of others. I enjoy many of them, but couldn't wear them. The deal maker in favour of Si was in the sharp tartness from the cassis, the soft flash of green and in the soft vanilla woody base.

I wish this fragrance came with an adjustable spray nozzle. I find this fragrance to be strong, even though I love it, and on the days that I can 'trick' the sprayer into giving me a half or quarter dose, I'm happy!

Luckily I was oblivious to the advertising campaign surrounding Si and I had no idea who the face of Si was until after I'd purchased. It would have made no difference to me as those aspects of promotion don't factor in my motivation to purchase.

prettyswag

I actually love this fragrance and smells almost identical to lancome este b ..but the difference on my skin is this is more woody on the dry down and lancome este b is much more lighter and keeps a fresh wave all the way through and Si is fresh from the start but drydown to a warm vanilla dry wood...i like este b a bit more but will still maybe want a bottle close to winter time..
hint ***maybe...still prefer lancome este b..its less manly wood.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

Just to say to all the reviews highlighting how the stores have been 'pushing' this fragrance. That's exactly what they've done with Si. Too much media attention, telling us that it is stunning before awaiting actual public appraisal. Some store chains get paid huge amounts to promote fragrances. Some companies openly pay to simply advertise, others pay to encourage pressure sales by reward. It's essentially up to how easily the public accept what they are force fed to think the fragrance represents rather than what they honestly think of the olfactory pleasure.
Too many references to a 'sophisticated' smell just because Kate Blanchette appears in the advertising... Now imagine the same fragrance in glittering peach packaging with a flouncy cap-fronted by a giggling teen sit-com television star... Suddenly it loses it's appeal and becomes cheap and trashy. It will still be a guilty pleasure for some, but the buyer will realize the Louboutin shoes they prize actually came from Primark.

jonr951
jonr951

Fantastic! It's a sweet lovers paradise, but definitely a bit more sophisticated than the norm of sweeties out there. Yes, it instantly smelled familiar, but I can't put my finger on it for the life of me. It will come to me I'm sure. But no matter what, it's a definite must have for me. Mmmm mmmm good! ^_^

And I MUCH prefer Si to LVEB and Manifesto. Sorry, but Manifesto's green opening is just not for me. Si is perfection. Haha! : )

ChaiLatte2009

Identical to Campbell's Cat deluxe and Cat deluxe at night, so you can save your money.
And has nothing in common with Diamonds which is 90's inspired floriental, this is modern in a bad way bubllegum fruity floral.

Choosing Cate Blanchett as a face of this perfume is absurd.
I imagine her wearing something like Ivoire by Balmain.

Musky4
Musky4

All I want to say about this is the image it evokes whenever I smell it… It makes me think of fruit trees from which over-ripe fruit has fallen to the ground and has started to ferment in the heat. I'm not saying it's an unpleasant scent, just that I'd be worried about wasps buzzing around me if I was wearing Si! Will be very interested to try the new Si Intense flanker once that's launched as I do tend to prefer the 'Intense" or 'Absolu" versions of perfumes.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I find Si lovely and sophisticated. To me it smells almost chocolaty - it's smooth and warm, inviting and enticing. It's grown up, but not dowdy or out dated. Cate Blanchett is THE perfect face to market this perfume. To me she is composed, versatile, and well mannered, but still so full of character. So is Si. I fell in love with it at the perfume counter today and am anxious to be able to bring it home with me. Just fantastic. Like a reviewer below, I don't know what the magic of Si is, but I am absolutely entranced.

Also - it reminds me very slightly of Jimmy Choo's signature perfume minus the overwhelming sweet toffee note.

julianna32
julianna32

This is a sweet perfume but not in the same category of sweet as La Vie or FB. I don't know if this makes sense, but it reminds me of classic sweet scents from when I was growing up with a modern feel. I agree with the review that said its more of a refined, sweet scent . It doesn't leave a trail like La Vie but it is strong enough to last on my skin. I really liked it and I think it's a good one to try if you like sweet but want something different from candy sweet scents.

Hrisi

What is the magic of Armani Si? Can anyone tell me?
I expected to dislike this perfume for several reasons - vanilla, patchouli and chypre. Nothing like that - fell in love with it! Cassis and patchouli combine beautifully with vanilla ..... huge advantage - it's very durable and definitely has a trail that stays after leaving the room. Yes, I think between me and patchouli began a great relationship. No, this is definitely not a typical cotton candy perfume, this is just NOT cotton candy perfume. There is something more, something so special and grown up. Cate Blanchet is very suitable for the face of Armani Si. Just like her, this fragrance exudes confidence and sexiness that is mixed with elegance and sophistication. So nice and relaxing!
By the way nothing in common with Lolita Lempicka, La vie est Belle, Flowerbomb and Manifesto except that these perfumes are sweet too, but there are so many sweet scents that can't be put in a column just for that reason.

Si, I'm sure there is some magic......

ynde
ynde

Sexy, sweet blackcurrant liqueur, with earthy and vanillic hints in the background. I get the chypre feel to it after a few hours, but the blackcurrant liqueur keeps it sexy, adult and lovely.

Tovah
Tovah

I love this...it's a sweet "chypre" that smells energetic yet easy-going. It's perfect for summer. Probably my favorite mainline Armani.

Wemano
Wemano

I received this as a Mothers day gift. At first I find it way too sweet, but because my little girl picked it out with her dad I had to give it a few more tries. After a little while I started to love it more each day and now like to UAE it almost every day. It's sweet but there is also a bit of freshness in it (fruity) and together with the patchouli it gives a little more to it. You can wear this as a day scent (casual or to office) but it's also great as an evening scent. After all I'm glad they picked this out for me because otherwise I would have passed on a fragrance that turns out to be lovely!

Germany

Black currant vanilla and patchouli ,,,,,
This is what it smells like , with a touch of rose. The composition is quite creamy and sweet. The bottle is beautiful. Armani seldom dissapoints.
It has a freshness to it. My husband says it smells like I just had a shower or a bath. Interesting. Something is fresh and aromatic , I like it a lot , looking forward to the new intense. In black.

Stephaniejanef
Stephaniejanef

I am so tired of these sweet, bubblegum gourmand perfumes. Armani has probably just adapted to the current market and gone with the flow on this one. No offense, but these obnoxious gourmands are more suitable on teenyboppers than on a sophisticated lady like Cate Blanchet. Armani's mktg department had me fooled. Yawn, headache.

Lana148
Lana148

Delicious, sweet, vanilla, fruity, patchouli. Yummy and long-lasting. Well made. I think this fragrance will appeal to many.

Sweetly Marie
Sweetly Marie

The department store was really pushing this fragrance today! I have to say, it's not too bad. It's a warm, comforting, vanilla fragrance with what appears to be a touch of grapefruit. A few others have commented about the citrus notes as well, though they aren't listed as being present in the fragrance. While this doesn't feel like a "grandma fragrance" to me, I still feel like this scent is for a woman older than I am (25+).

jellybeantree

Just to add, this is a great everyday fragrance! It is not too strong but present! Its comfortable and cosy and light enough for summer too! It's very easy and pleasant to wear!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is the quintessential basics of chain-store chic: fruity-floral galaxolide (that beloved, generic, tasty shampoo feel), a bold aldehydes-driven roundness, creamy musky notes (milky ketones), a light green touch a totally anonym floral bouquet, glossy as a stock archive image of a bunch of flowers. Pleasantly, uselessly dull.

jellybeantree

Out of all the sweet fragrances out today this is my favourite . It is very well done , long lasting with a touch of something special . Not your typical cotton candy fragrance. A pleasure to wear, sweet but with a twist. I love patchouli so any fragrance with it inside I love anyways!

izzie07
izzie07

If you want a perfume with staying power this one is it!!!!!

I smelled this for over 15 hours after 1 spray at the store. I loved it at first but the dry down was not good on me. Smokey I don't know something was not right.

Wanted to love it.

the_blue_cat
the_blue_cat

This perfume took me by surprise. I was expecting a week and discreet perfume, romantic and feminine. But this one is more like a vixen. At first it's very sweet - I detect a strong candy smell and a caramel note. Then it turns into a strong fruitchouli type of fragrance, almost cloying. I sense a combination of cassis and patchouli. Although cassis isn't listed as a note, it seems very proeminent.The drydown is amazing - vanilla and patchouli, smooth, warm, sweet, but cozy in a way.
I would put Si on the same "shelf" with Lolita Lempicka, La vie este Belle, Flowerbomb and Manifesto. It is sweet, warm, licorous, with a strong personality. It made for a memorable experience.

Cams
Cams

When I smelt this fragrance last fall I hated it - too sweet, not memorable. I have just revisited this for the summer and my skin/chemistry is now loving it - it now presents as a sophisticated and well behaved fragrance and it lasts forever.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام و ادب
عطری عالی و بسیار خوب در دنیای عطر بانوان
عطرهای برند جورجیا آرمانی از کیفیت و روایح خوبی برخوردار هستند
این عطر بی نظیر را می توان در کنار عطرهای بسیار خوب زنانه در فهرست خاص ترین ها قرار داد
با تقدیم احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد

outofocus

I think I'm giving it away to my sis, because she likes acidic perfumes (the cassis is overpowering everything else on the bottle I purchased). That kind of fragranceis just not my thing.

I still wonder how they took me in with this perfume, I'm no impulsive buyer.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Si seems like one of the better fruitchoulis except that it's not. It's a floralchouli. Although the notes list is simple, Si is somewhat unique. Quite sweet, sexy, tangy, bright and smoky. Odd combination! It's not exactly linear. The boozy cassis and woody ambroxan start to emerge later on--a lovely combination that could only be worn on a smart, mature and flirtatious lady that is not lacking in wealth or elegance.

The patchouli signals that this is not for me. Solid projection and wear. A nice, bold and slightly matured alternative to Forbidden Euphoria, Elie Saab, Flowerbomb and Coco Mademoiselle.

yvette
yvette

Love Si! Smoky, sultry, sophisticated. It is a slinky, wolf whistle, after dark scent for 30+. Grrrrowl.

windhill
windhill

First, I'm a man and I wear this. Well, I don't like majority of men's colognes at all. That's why I have more feminine fragrances in my closet.

When I first try this it smell very similar to original Miss Dior Cherie but more sugary and concentrated. While Si seems to gourmand, fruity sweet but its really chrype in character. I actually cannot detect any vanilla at all. But instead blackcurrant syrup and clean, sparkling patchouli. The first super sweet scent that never gave me a headache and instead cheer me up in currently warm weather.

I can understand many hated here as when thinking about Cate and from the house of GA. They would(and should)done it better and suiting more for icy androgynous look of Cate. This one is really really flat, forgettable and I can't deny that.

Still, I love it. Really loved it. It does smell exactly like Qoo Grape Juice that now unavailable in my country and triggering memories of my youth. Maybe I'm really craving it and Si make me feels young again. Please don't laughing at me ahaha I wear perfume with stupid reason sometimes.

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

While trying out perfume in our Edgars store today I was introduced to this as the sales lady spritzed on me to try. Oh dear, it is definitely not for me. I get the Cassis opening and on me it is some mixture between grapefruit and a guava. This stays on my wrist. After wiping it off I get the remainder, something slightly woody which may have agreed better with my chemistry. I can safely say this is not for me. However, if you are a serious fruit lover this is heaven. As for me spicy florientals/orientals and mysterious dark woody chypres will do the job.

blueviolet
blueviolet

All I can smell is chocolate and grapefruit. Whats up with that? Thats not listed. Strange....must be my nose. It is not for me this one.

shopgirl

Very nice sweet fruity floral - smells like those sweets; Blackcurrent chewits!!

Anywho
Anywho

Hi all, the following is actually my review:

Si is a very well balanced fruity floral with some tang that probably appeals more to the mature amongst us. That is maybe the reason that it gets so many negative reviews. Yes, it is sweet as well, but I cannot detect any overwhelming syrupy or candy sweetness in here, just the normal sweetness that you might expect in a fruity floral. Si has definitely more class than a lot of fragrances out there in this category. It is strong and I can see that some might find it headache inducing. I can imagine that women who love scents like Red Door, Fracas, Giorgio Beverly Hills etc. will like this one as well, although Si is a bit softer than these power houses. At last a fruity floral that is appropriate for my age.

rainydays293
rainydays293

I loved it in the store, got a 30ml bottle and was shocked to find that it ended up smelling like cigarette smoke on my skin instead of the warm vanilla I experienced from the store tester.
does not remind me of La vie est belle at all.

MissMilkie
MissMilkie

I absolutely LOVE this perfume!!!

PAMELAIASTRUBNI
PAMELAIASTRUBNI

"si" has been getting a lot of mixed reviews and quite a lot of dislikes stating this as an overrated sugar bomb,odd enough the same people like other creations that are nauseating candy.true it starts super cassis and peachy sweet,but the rest is very moderate.

my experience with it has been disappointing,(not just because the smell was unexpected) i truly find it interesting and inviting,it's just that it turned on me with my acidic to a really fantasy/Lolita lempicka smell that i cant tolerate.

Armani have been doing something wrong with the marketing of this perfume.Cate Blanchett is just not the persona you imagine wearing this perfume,she has too much of a clean clear elegant vibe about her(galadriel elf, snow queen type thing..)
misleading you before you even try it on.

it's a different kind of class,and yes this sent has it,a Hugh bunch of it.it's one of the only sweet power houses today smelling modern,expensive and luxuries for a grown woman 30+

Roslaug
Roslaug

I'm a little bit torn about this perfume. When I first tested it, it was a no-brainer for me that I didn't like it.

I tested it again and I feel a bit more positive towards it now, not to the degree that I'd buy a bottle but rather that I wouldn't swap if I got one as a gift.

It is a sweet fragrance, but not in the gourmand sense yet there is something that's aromatic and tangy that tickles the nose. Freesia is domineering in the first hour or so of the experience. I generally don't like freesia but this is one of the better interpretations I've come across.

After about an hour pathouli and vanilla are dominating.

I feel this perfume is for daywear and for women 35 years and up.
This is also definately not a sexy scent in a seductive sense (I'm a kitten, hear me purr in my lingerine) but rather in an admirable sense (I'm a strong independent woman, hear me roar), and some guys just aren't turned on by the latter type...

parsleybrain
parsleybrain

Wow, this gave me a bad headache right from the beginning even so I only tried one careful splash. I couldn`t stand the overwhelming sweetness, I had to wash my wrist and minutes later I still could smell it and I had to use soap to get rid of this stuff. I didn`t even make it to the middle notes - so for me it's way too sweet and thick and overwhelming.

emmyysl
emmyysl

The best and the best perfume of the year....!!

MissYoo
MissYoo

I got this beautiful perfume as a xmas gift and love it. I had tried this out previously at a David Jones counter and really did like it :) It's quite sweet and vanilla-ly so it might not be everyone's cup of tea but it is mine. I find it lasts quite a long time too - a few hours. And I'm always getting compliments on how I smell really nice everytime I wear this little gem out :)

suhaesa
suhaesa

another impulsive buy..smells like lancome se la vie and many of the overly sugary floraly patchouli bombs..smells like dried fruets mixed with musks and white florals initially its a burst of color a burst of ten other gourmand perfumes from the last 3 years combined in to one ..highly synthetic with a tame under tone..there is something very pleasant and opulent about it its a see me smell me kind of perfume fit for those who want to e noticed miles away good for nights out..
musky florally..ambery..heavy sikingly dry yet opulant deep mysterious alive yet timid or all under toned.
smells sugary burnt sugar caramel dried fruetes..smells a bit oriental and in particular arabian oriental inspired although it does not have oud but the rose in it gives that Arabian opulencey..has vibes of flowebomb mixed with chloe and even kenzo with a heavy vanillaic base..it is a heavy perfume in a lighter version of fruty crispy green notes i did get the initial bright crisp shock which fades in to darker dullness and vanilic melancholy in a dead way..it gives me headaches after a while
its the kind of perfume that will either be loved or disliked by people its not a middle ground perfume its more on the florally gourmand side of the perfume spectrum those who like alien tm and lancoe est la vie and flower bomb will tend to like this
its a well made perfume although the notes are a bit clashing adding the green to the gourmand is being a bit off or out of the usual which makes it go hay wire some times its a perfume that depends on your body chemistry and who knows if it will work for you r not you just have to test it multiple times ..
i liked at when i used to test it at perfume shops due to the fact that i had other perfumes on so its good for blending .it is still a good perfume well made but i will have to get rid of mine which is still boxed i was doing this review from a tester which i have ten off and thats more than enough if i need to layer it ..

ChaiLatte2009

Far too simple. Far too sweet. Lacks something, or I should rather say lacks ANYTHING. To me it smells like celebrity perfume. One of many "bubblegumy" scents on the market. I agree with opinion of guest_. Definitely dislike.

Decodawn

Flanker. Far too sweet. I doubt very much that the lovely Cate Blanchett would actually wear this overpowering stuff.

Another opening media blurb that concentrates on the celebrity name associated to it rather than explaining the concept and what the fragrance is like. I struggle to understand how this is a chypre? Far too sweet and the dry down is more vanilla, with no real reference to the patchouli as anything but a fixative to soften the acidic cassis. I find no finesse or elegance in this fragrance and it certainly has no place alongside the fruity chypres such as LaVieEstBelle, CocoMademoiselle, MissDior(Cherie) et al...
This is for a woman in later years that wants to desperately cling to some semblance of sexual youth by vicariously living the dream through this fragrance...
... What we term in the UK 'Mutton dressed as Lamb'.

The far too sweet top note seems to dominate the fragrance long after you expect it to dissipate to such an extent that I call it a linear fragrance with no maturity or development. It's the sort of fragrance that those middle age women buying it would sneer at if fronted by a teen pop star. I guarantee that had this been sold in Katy Perry's Purr or Meow bottle it would be instantly dismissed with a "Oh, NO, that's far too sweet for me!" by the same person...
... and I think Purr and Meow are better fragrances than Si by far.
For the record.

This fragrance makes me recoil. I think my brain has made a mental note to cause me to physically duck to avoid being anywhere near this. One sniff is enough for the brain to want to smell it again... but not until you've recovered from that first hit... Si is so strong to me that it becomes cloying and sickly after the first two hours. There is no mystery or anticipation like Guerlain's Mitsouko. I get no woody notes and it is almost like someone made a concentrated syrup of Peach and Raspberry HALLS Soothers and poured it up my nose. A total lack of elegance and sophistication... Oh, I've already said that...
I admit it's a noticeable fragrance, but noticeable as in, you can't fail to recognise it after it's been sprayed... and I get the impression that most people fall in love with that first spray simply because it is THAT noticeable I would prefer a softer and more subtle option(cue the EDT by the start of autumn!) for it to be less... erm... less... 'Brusque'.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

I keep on trying this every time I go into a shop that has it-

At first sniff Im just not sure. There is something a little sickly that makes me wrinkle my nose, I can smell fruit and I can smell ceder which I love but I turn away without purchasing....

But then about an hour or so later Im smelling my wrist over and over like I cant get enough.

There is something I cant quite put my finger on that makes me want it...long for it...and so next time I pass a shop I cant wait to go in and try it again.

..and this time Im SO sure Im going to buy it! BUT..the initial blast puts me off, and so once again I walk away unsure if this is really "me" or not.

outofocus

OMG, I've purchased mine recently but its not what I had expected!!
I get a lot of cassis (fruits are not my thing) and not much else, I can hardly smell it 10 minutes from splashing generously.
Its as its not the same perfume I had sampled that made me very enthusiastic on buying it.

Anyone had this experience? I wonder if it could have been a deliberate deception from the perfume maker.

alexandra.m
alexandra.m

This, for me, it's what disaster smells like... I let an enthusiastic sales lady to spray it on me and I ended up walking home because I was too embarassed to get on the bus. Maybe it's me, but I find it intoxicating in the worst way - the combination of cassis and patchouli is just too much for me, evolving into the smell of cheap-hotel shower gel. I literally had to scrub it off my hand and I could still feel it. I am not sure I would give it another chance, but it might work on others. In any case, it's not for a blind buy...

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

for me its like light version of menifesto by yves
or shalimar initail lea eau
very balance, end like ice cream but mature
good for every choice..the bottle is amazing@!!!

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

I have smelt this perfume on a lot of ladies and it smell so different from person to person. The main thing is the woody/spicy feeling I have sensed on most of them and I do so love to pick up a woody/spicy perfume on a lady that passes me by or walk in front of me in the street when the weather is cold. But I have to say I,m a bit baffled how this scent can be a chypré. It does not have any kind of citrus in it according to this page.

Well what does it matter....it smells wonderful!

lirael00
lirael00

I like Si, but not enough to buy the whole bottle for myself as it's still quite expensive. It's a really sweet fragrance and the lasting power is awesome. It really reminds me of the times when I was little and me and my whole family went to the circus show and I've got my cotton candy so Si really awakens the almost forgotten memories of my childhood. It smells like a delicious candy and that's all I can say.

bashe
bashe

to me this smells like champagne. and I like it

ancaan
ancaan

Wow, reading all the reviews below, I absolutely agree with the saying that one's nose is different than other. I sampled this 3 times by now, trying to get myself into loving this, but there is something in this perfume that holds me back. People are saying is somehow similar to La Vie Est Belle, but the only similarity i see is the sweetness. I own and love LVEB, but that one is more complex on my skin, while Si is some very thick sugary syrup. I love the opening of Armani Si, but after an hour is overwhelming. I feel like I'm eating a huge cotton candy. It is a great perfume for a +25 years old lady. I think it will work beautifully on a special night, wearing a long red dress. Sillage and longevity are both great. I can smell it on my arm even after 12 hours.

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

i can see the resemblance of LVEB. i owned LVEB, however there is a bit similarity, on the opening i believe. Of course Si is more spohisticated, less sweet, less sharp on the opening?. PLUS, my sis (who adamantly hate LVEB on me)said: are u wearing the perfume that i hate the most? I said no, this is newbie! sigh, i dun think it overwhelming that much! anyway, my colleague all loves this frag :))

zoedsilva
zoedsilva

Love this fragrance too death

flowerpwrz91
flowerpwrz91

Smells like a Summer evening. You are on vacation and have just spent the day on the beach, but have now showered and changed to go out for the evening - but some of the beachy scent still lingers.
As somebody pointed out - it does have some similarities with Diamonds (possibly Diamonds Rose).
But this is more summery.

nora elia
nora elia

I really doubted on buying it, but its dry down got me. Besides it has good sillage. Totally vainilla yummy

ecerusen
ecerusen

after i saw its ads, i expected more mature and floral thing(galadriel made me do it lol) but the reality is a bit different. its a sweet(not sickly sweet, its even fresh) but still mature perfume comparing with the other sugary smells.

on me, it doesnt smell like manifesto or la vie est belle. both of them is loudy perfumes(manifesto is sharp in addition) but this one is silent,and soft.
i want to give an example for describing its sweetness

la vie est belle - jellybean&skittles
si - fruit juice

because of my skin chemistry(its dry) it didnt last on me enough. and dont expect a sillage monster, it isnt.

Aline Ribeiro
Aline Ribeiro

I blindbought Sì of a friend that disliked it. Well, Si is, doubtless a great scent, a nice composed chypre . But toooo quiet for my taste. It doesn't smell like LVEB AT ALL, i have both, and trust me, LVEB is years light stronger than Si. I'll use it on this burning brazilian summer. To my nose it's LVEB + 212 Sexy+ tons of water.

Ladydebra
Ladydebra

I LOVE this perfume so much!! I don't own it, but every time I go into any fragrance shop, I have a generous spray! I am hoping to receive this for St Valentines day or my birthday!

First spritz, it's juicy berries, ripe and heavy and ready to pick. Blackcurrant and brambles. Yum. There is also a sharpness, like there's a sour one or two in there. That sharpness/tartness lingers a while, and I'm not in love with it, but I get why it's there...it cuts through the 'jammy-ness' and stops It being sickly sweet.

Next, once that tartness dies down (twenty mins...?) I get rose and vanilla alongside the berries. Light, fluffy vanilla as opposed to rich and heavy, and a lovely, rich rose scent.

Patchouli lives through the whole core of this fragrance, and Lingers on alongside the berry scent for hours. It's heavenly!

There is a woody richness in the base of Si as well. I am not sure what it is....sandalwood perhaps? It give the fragrance a slightly androgynous, masculine edge.

It lasts for aaaaages! Juicy, rich, sweet berry and patchouli linger on my wrist for hours after first spritz, and others can really smell it too (and say its lovely!).

I have discovered (through using fragrantica!) that I love Chypre style fragrances, and I love gourmands - this perfume combines both.
There is something in this that reminds me of Lancome's Tresor - tresor is a little deeper, and less sharp, but that last couple of hours left in the scent, they are just like each other.

Please Cupid, bring me this on St Valentines day!

Edit 8.2.14 - I could not wait for Cupid. I bought it!! :-)

ancelicah
ancelicah

I tried Si, and I was disappointed. Nothing earth shaking and unique. Sweet, and I didn't like cassis. I got Si for Christmas from a friend, and it is not that bad. It is actually quite good as I have been using it. Overwhelming sweetness fades within an hour and Si becomes very pleasant, very wearable, and likeable. It somehow reminds me of another Armani classic, one of my 90's fave, Gio. Don't let Si fool you with sweetness, it is a quality fragrance, and it lives on your skin for hours and changes for the better.

halloween27
halloween27

I haven't seen this advertised (scented or unscented) in American magazines at all. Will it be advertised in magazines in the warmer months ahead?

larita91
larita91

Wow, very sweet, almost sickening sweet, just like Manifesto or La vie est belle.....not the same, but definiately similar. Not very long lasting on me.

I smell vanille, vanille, vanille, a little bit os sugar and patchouli maybe. To my nose, it's a gourmand.

All in all, I love the smell, but not satisfied with the longetivity. Maybe it's just my chemistry.

jellybeantree

I finally have this in my collection , it's very long lasting. I love the dry down ! I took a small bottle to see how I will like it. I change so often. I think it is an amazing fragrance that you can't go wrong with. No matter what occasion . This is my first Armani fragrance and I am not disappointed !

This perfume is like a chameleon. It changes so much after being sprayed. At first it was really light and suddenly it became so delicious and edible. The sweet composition of patchouli and vanilla also blows my mind. Very womanly and lovely.
Si, I'll take this beautiful scent.

Ninula
Ninula

Si, I'm in love.. sweetness evaporates on me within next 15 mins and what is left is mostly woody notes and a bit of non-gourmand vanilla. i feel wise & elegant.
Suprisingly i'm eager to wear it even at -10'C.

jellybeantree

I take back my previous review. I said it smells like cotton candy , it is sweet but it has more depth than a lot of fragrances out there. I honestly really like this and I think its unique for a sweet perfume! I will purchase..... I like that its sweet but not in a youthful . In a sophisticated , experienced, well put together way !

peppermint_07
peppermint_07

I highly respect Cate Blanchett as an artist, and she exudes a quiet sophistication that not many actresses are able to pull off. So when I saw an advert of this over the net, I really wanted to try it out.

When I first sprayed it, the scent reminded me of four seasons tropical drink. It is sweet, yet it manages to stay fresh and light. Very delicate, but has a certain individuality that sets it apart from other gourmands.

This is a really lovely fragrance. Excellent sillage and longevity. It can be worn day or night, to any occasion. Young and mature at the same time. A true masterpiece from Giorgio Armani.

UPDATE: I've been wearing this for about two months now, and somehow the opening notes seem a lot stronger than when I first started wearing it. The drydown is still quite lovely though. So this has officially become a "like" rather than a "love".

sahasz
sahasz

Wow I had a good sniff of it today. It reallyphone is surprised me in a good meaning! It is soft smell rather sweet vanilla but not as strong as red poison by Dior it is subtle I'm thinking of getting a small size but it would be my any day perfume rather than signature

pomdgf
pomdgf

I had no doubt about this perfume. Very first that I smell is softy sweet vanilla but not overpowering. After that a little bit cool and tender scent of Cassis and Patchouli hit my nose. It so beautiful, elegant , formal , informal, holiday , dating or just stay at home. Like it? no, I love it.

CoffeeCup

There seems to be quite some notes missing here on Fragrantica, found these 2 following descriptions available as weel.

It combines an inflection of three accords: blackcurrant nectar, modern chypre and light musky wood. The fragrance opens with notes of Sicilian Bergamot, Mandarin oil and blackcurrant liqueur which is supported by a heart which bursts with Rose May, Neroli and Egyptian Jasmine. Warm undertones caress the unique chypre base notes of Patchouli oil intertwined with Blond Woods, amber and musky undertones known as OrcanoxTM. Finished with a sweet animalic accord of Vanilla which gives this fragrance, longevity and unforgettable sillage.

**********

Scent: Chypre

sunbunny
sunbunny

Absolutely beautiful!

I've always been a fan of vanilla/musk fragrances, and they've always been a fan of me. By saying this, I mean that my body chemistry works particularly well with these notes. Overly floral scents tend to pull sour on me, and I can't stand sickly sweet, celebrity-esque scents. This is the perfect balance of warm, cozy vanilla, delicate, fresh floral and slightly sweet fruitiness.

The first time I wore it out, I got stopped by four separate strangers asking what perfume I was wearing. On top of this, several of my male friends have commented on "how delicious" and "how sexy" I smell. This has never happened to me before - I'm sold!

I can see this being both a day and night perfume, however, because of the price and because I adore this scent so much so that I don't want to EVER get sick of it (due to overkill), I'll use this solely as a night, "special" perfume.

In short, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this perfume. I will continue to buy as long as it's made. Hats off to you, Armani/Nagel, this is truly a masterpiece.

tvdvampire
tvdvampire

I was surprised when I saw all the dislikes on this fragrance. I find it really mature,it can be worn by young women. Very oriental and sweet at the same time.

CoffeeCup

I'll take back anything bad I've ever said about Si.
Seriously, I don't know where my nose was or what was I smelling when I first got that meh-impression.

This is such a sophisticated, and delicate fragrance I cannot believe I didn't notice it the first time I tried it. A fine fine fragrance! I'm officially in love. :)

I detect the most beautiful lilies I've ever smelled, and then some irises - those voluptous, velvety, big colorful irises (not the asian blue-toned ones). Yup, I know, these notes are not listed at all, but.. this is what my nose tells me. And then the shy and fresh rose peeks out towards the end.

A masterpiece - tender yet well detectible, romantic but not in an outdated or frilly way (if you know what I mean), feminine but in a ladylike manner, not voluptous or vulgar by any means. All in all - very well put together! And I really wish to receive it for my birthday. :)

helen22night
helen22night

This is a very feminine,elegant and sensual perfume.I really can't explain all these negative reviews,it may be sweet but in a very pleasant and elegant way. There is no similarity to "La vie est belle","Candy" or "Manifesto",which can be very nauseating. "Si" is a very classy perfume.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

The best Christmas Gift 2013 for me was to see the face of my friend, smiling and gleaming all over her when she smelled "Si" on her skin.
Gave her a big 100ml bottle for Christmas and she will love every drop of it.

She said nobody has ever got it right for her when giving perfume gifts, but this one she admires and loves.

So chuffed! I really knew this one was the right choice for her.

Finding (new)scents for friends is tricky but once you hit the nail on the head, it is one of the best things in life ;-)

perfumequeen23

Got this for Christmas but got to open it a day early :) I think this smells do amazing.
Bit confused with the notes as all I smell is a mango/orange but I think it's fantastic. Might be my new signature scent :) recommend anyone to try it.

icingsugar
icingsugar

I will review this properly when I recieve it tomorrow and also on youtube.

However I am slightly confussed about the notes as the tester in store had a sticker on the side with the notes listed, and the top note was listed as blackcurrant which is not on here. The notes seemed different to those on here and the sticker was an official armani one?

Tanyaoxo

It finally hit me! Smells a little like rose wine. A sort of greenish vanilla which is very unique. Still, I prefer LVEB to this.

aber19
aber19

I hate linear and sickly sweet perfumes. Unfortunately, Armani perfumes have declined in originality since their golden years of the 1982 Armani and Sensi perfumes. I cannot stand this candy and cassia fragrance. I sensed this is a mixture of diamonds and mania code, watered down. Unfortunately, Cate Blanchet has been paid a lot of money to promote a substandard perfume. While, people who love fruity and vanilla perfumes may find this their cup of tea. However, this perfume is extremely expensive, sickly for me and it is has become a boring celebrity fragrance with little substance. You will need to try this fragrance on, before purchasing. There is something in the opening, which smells unnatural for me.

gozgoz
gozgoz

I like it. I tested it several times. And every time it smells perfect; fresh, elegant, sporty, sexy, impressive at the same time - and long lasting. It remindes me "Baby Doll - YSL" so much! A little bit woodier, because of the patchouli, that I like. Become one of my favourites for casual use in spring/summer/fall, but not winter.

FmeNot
FmeNot

I don't smell this vanilla? To me, wonderfully warm and cozy scent, which does not resemble any other, and smells expensive

crystaljasminnoir
crystaljasminnoir

TOO SWEET! :( Seems to smell even sweeter on my skin. What a shame. Smells great on some though!

Athens
Athens

Okay, this is simply gorgeous! I adored it from the first spray on my wrist and I did not expect that I would like it so much. From the advertisement and the way that bottle is designed, I thought that it would be 'heavy' or a too classic perfume, but it's the opposite. It's so feminine, elegant, soft, sweet and lovely in a very special way. It lasts quite long and you can wear it in winter, autumn and even spring because it's light enough, fact that makes it much more wearable.
Also, on my first impression I thought that it had some citrus in it, but as it shows it hasn't got any. Maybe it's the blackcurrant leaf that gives this kinda bittersweet smell.
All things considered, it's a lovely perfume which I would love to add in my collection!

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A fruity scent, how peculiar. There are no fruity notes...

Soft and summery is all I can say. Interesting.

lawlsusie
lawlsusie

I honestly have no idea why this got so many dislikes; the smell is heavenly good it became on my top three favourite fragrances.

juanma
juanma

Esperaba mucho más de Armani con esta fragancia. No es tan Chipre como la describen ni tan sofisticada. Huele bastante dulce pero no tan chocante y pesado como La Vie est Belle de Lancome donde predominan las notas golosas y de pachoulí para poner una fragancia como ejemplo que siga la misma linea olfativa, esto es un poco más suave y tranquilo. En la primera fase huele algo fuerte pero no desagradable. Pasadas unas cuantas horas huele mucho mejor. Esto tiene más frutas, flores y vainilla (aunque no tan evidente) como figura entre las notas. Pienso que la puede usar una mujer joven o una adulta (entre 20 y 45 años) Es buena para cualquier época del año, especialmente los días fríos aunque en noches de verano no tan caluroso puede funcionar. No es muy original en su composición ya que se confunde con otros perfumes del mismo estilo, igualmente la recomiendo.

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

simply too sweet for a chypre

MOROULINI
MOROULINI

@Aquila_2009 Τhere are no words to express my admiration for you!CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR 500 REVIEWS DEAR!!!!!

RoRoSe

@aquila_2009 you are amazing !
I waited your review so bad !

xabaras
xabaras

The opening hits you with an imposing sweetness and a fruitiness which reminded me of the ultimate intense dessert: I read that vanilla is responsible for this but to my nose it smells more like caramel. Very sweet. There is a sharp fruity note in there which tries to balance the sweetness, it makes me think of citrus but it’s very mild and it doesn’t manage to “clean” this fragrance from its sweetness. An hour after putting it on, it is still smelling the same on my skin. The only difference is that the intense sweetness has calmed down a little. It doesn’t develop into anything else. It just fades away, very slowly. I barely get the rose and the freesia in it. I am not saying this is a bad fragrance, nor that I don’t like it. It just fails to make me feel special, or “different”. It is just another caramel smelling fashionable scent. One of the many which are out there right now. And if I may, it reminds me of Idole d’Armani, deprived of the leather note.

ageletou
ageletou

I just bought it yesterday after a small Market Research for my new winter perfume, this year. I have to admit that some weeks ago when the perfume hited the Greek shelves I gave it a try, I really disliked it and considered it very strong. Yesterday I gave it another chance and my opinion changed. Initially I do get the fruity notes very strongly together with a sweetness but after some time the green notes appear on the surface, creating a balance and preventing it from being cloyingly sweet. I could also say that after the first hour of application, it is a perfume that stays close to the skin. I am not sure as some other reviewers have already mentioned that has similarities with La vie est belle. For me, as another reviewer mentioned too, has similarities with Elie Saab's le parfum. Overall I can not say that I am crazy about it, I did not like other new fragrances/launches either (maybe the Economic crisis has affected the Noses too....) and because it was highly priced despite the 25% off, I just bought the small bottle, to save myself some money and change it easier in the end.
Update: the silage of the perfume is enormous, after 12 hours since the first application, I can still smell it softly on my wrists. I am very impressed about that....

RoRoSe

Attention: Not a review , just a first impression . I will provide the full review after purchasing & using it ..

Cassia vanilla patchouli rose .. Is (Connexion by Lancome) back ?

Yes, It reminds me so much of Lancome style because of the Cassia note ..

It smells sweet and fruity as belle Lancome mixed with tresor midnight rose !!

Surprisingly from Armani lasting power & sillage are so good

This will be one of my fall/winter favorite, I loved it so much ..

fayegiblin
fayegiblin

On first spray, and before reading the blend, I thought grapefruit, then vanilla, then although there was very obviously a woodiness / sweet, I wasn't quite sure what else I was getting. I was surprised there was no grapefruit but it did only last momentarily.

Instantly I liked it. Within 10 minutes its starting to become a little sweeter than I would usually like - but I still like it.

Yes, its good. I'd wear it for going to a restaurant or to the pub maybe. I can't imagine anyone would dislike this on somebody as it is definitely nice.

As a gift I think the recipient would immediately be pleased - and first impressions are great here.

7.5/10 for me.

UPDATE - Bedtime / Next day. I wore this after my bath/before bed and it was gorgeously delicious in bed - and recommended for a romantic evening now ladies ;) This morning before my shower it's still there, the dry down is lovely. I definitely think all ladies will find a place for this perfume.

Regraded as 8.5/10

stefanel80
stefanel80

Today test it. I think it's too far from "c´est la vie" as I read,because C´eLV is too much stronger . When I smell "SI" first,open one accord pungent of sour fruits like pineapple maded with syntetics aldehydes and a Green undertone around there like galbanum sytentic and I can detect there some animal notes, after some minutes the heart open inmediately with vainilla a classic floral accord but this one rounded with the woody signature but patchouly only intensify the heart and character and is not good recognized, rose and other flowers are mixed in the heart but not recognized too. before the base open some accord frutal like strawberry appear soft and last some minutes. The base is some confuse, a mix of amber powdery ,woody, vainilla,fruit, sandalwood and something none describe before, the touch of the animal notes of "Castoreum and Musk", here you doubt if is a chypre, animal or an "ORIENTAL" perfume, becuase the dry aspect of the classic chypre is absent. I love the heart of this, but base is nothing new.
Too much LOVE for everybody from ARGENTINA!

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

I love Cate Blanchett, so when I saw her on the commercial, I immediately started to imagine elegant lady-like fragrance. But this can not be what she smells like! This is too sweet (no vanilla!), artificial, disappointing.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

When I tested it , couple weeks ago , my first impression was: '' no,no,no !!! '' I smelt something sweet , artificial , and right away I wash my hand .
So .... yesterday everything changed.... I give it a second chance , and I'm glad I did it , cause I love it right away , I just fell in love . Can't explain what happens with my nose.
Now , I think it's sweet and powder , with a lovely ending notes (something between masculine and feminine).
So , girls , have patience , and believe in love at second sight .
PS : Great longevity , 10 hours +

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Tested this first on a paperstrip, and on the paperstrip i could smell the cassis. But on my skin it immidetly started to smell like applecidervinegar or dry apple cider. So gross!!! Had to spray another perfume on immidetly. Could only stand it for 5 sec. Cover this gross perfume with Jimmy Choo EDP. That was better!!Tested it in the store.
Very dissapointed with this one!

Fizzy
Fizzy

Very nice chypre fruity start, but after four hours it smells too masculine in the drydown.

tijgetje
tijgetje

Elagant but very soft parfum. That's my opinion ;-) I love the drydown with vanilla and rose. A good smell for autum / spring.. It would be nice with a bodylotion but they don't sell it over here.

angel6
angel6

Nothing new here, boring.

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

Tried this today in a shop, it's the top seller scent in Stockholm btw, and instantly and through out, I am reminded of Tresor.. cant say if thats very accurate since i havent used Tresor for a couple of decades.. Si is very much my style, so much so that I might not buy it hehe.. no drama, no surprises. Warm mellow fruity vanilla, lovely, safe, cozy, non intrusive, skin close, perfect for daytime office. It says: I am here, I feel calm and content.

stefafra
stefafra

tried it on a paper strip in a Duty free, not nice, too sweet and fruity in the beginning, almost like passion fruit or something tropical...it seems to be cassis, but it misses the green notes of cassis, and has only the "candy" bit of it.
It goes on mellowing into some vanilla adn woody notes, and that makes it a bit deeper, but no, nothing for me
My BF sniffed it too and though "mango? pinapple?", so there is definitely something "tropical" to it that comes out... did not like it either, nor disliked it.

kelly_xatz
kelly_xatz

I got mad and I bought it with no second thought. A gourmand ftuity skin sent. Maybe its too perfect with me that I can't smell it after a while. Good or bad? Very soft indeed. The first day at work a had many compliments. The elavator was filled with its warmth. I'm so glad it has no jasmine. that's why its sooooo soft and not loud.

benpaul12
benpaul12

The scant (but beautiful) undertones are destroyed by sickly sweet candy. Far too sweet.

Soft, sweet and pale. Very skinclose on my skin. In topnote I can smell Pear but its not listed. Fresh but I won't buy it. I got a sample today and it was fun to try Si but Si is to sweet for my taste

Mjuk, söt och blek. Mycket hudnära på mig. I toppnoten kan jag känna en Päronnot men den är inte med i listan. Fräsch men jag kommer inte att köpa den. Jag fick ett prov idag och det var trevligt att få prova Si, men Si är för söt för min smak.

hadassa
hadassa

Negative reviews usually come with every noticeable launch, and after a year everyone starts to just looove the very same previously booed perfume ;)

It's a decent berries gourmand, very tasteful, without sharp edges, but still with its own character. Very long lasting and comfortable, it will keep its owner warm and happy during the upcoming winter.

It's very far from being sickly sweet: the cassis (or blackcurrant) adds a fresh, outdoorsy feeling to the warmth of vanilla, and the earthy note (patchouli) makes the whole composition deeper.

The best part is that SI, unlike the majority of mainstream fragrances, is lovely on every stage of its development, not only in the first 20 minutes!

My only complaint would be the following: why is it worn by EVERY woman in my city? :)

nevermind126
nevermind126

From afar it smells like peach and apple juice drink. Not very sophisticated.
On my skin there's a lot of patchouli and fruity notes, all covered up with vanilla; the wood at the end is very quiet, yet together with rose, it gives a fresh, cold ending to the scent.
'Si' is not bad. It's just mediocre, uninteresting. So to speak, it is more of an Armani for H&M than a Giorgio Armani fragrance.

Stoicov
Stoicov

I'm sorry but this "Si" to me is just a copy of "Signorina Salvatore Ferragamo"".
Even the name is an abreviation...

lisa o
lisa o

SI has a really strong and unexpected fruity opening, think calyx in red! and with much more sugar added...
strawberry, cassis..from a first sniff but have to examine better..but for sure on the verge of beeing annoying...
then it calms, even gets quite good if you don't mind "sweet+fruity" (has a very soft, vanillic/corn-starchy/woody dry down), but why cate blanchett? has nothing to do with her, as- in my view- she is percepted as a mature, intellectual actress. not as someone wearing such a sweet, loud and crowd-pleasing fruit punch. the bottle promises a different thing too. just don't get the concept. still, the scent is quite nice as soon as the top notes faded.

Lozzle
Lozzle

Armani Si
I love it! My wife and I went scent sniffing and discovered this sensational new perfume. From the moment it left the bottle I was enchanted. Floral hues with a touch of vanilla, (one of my most favourite ingredients)drying off to a soft powdery fruity cocktail smell. Very nice indeed. Suited to a mature women with a sense of style and a touch of class.
M mmmmmmmmmm.

Anatares
Anatares

Fruity chypre in the opening, then it turns into a nice (very) sweet floral with a lovely vanilla-patchouli drydown.
If you are looking for a perfume with great sillage and longevity, sultry, feminine and sugary, try this.
Too sweet for my tastes anyway.

lafemmealamode
lafemmealamode

VERY dissappointed with this one! Or maybe my expectations were too high? Owning Armani Code, which is one of the greatest scents in a perfume history I was expecting from such a big name as Armani something that would revolutionize the cosmetic branch once again but... NOPE, judging from my personal preferences and reviews here this won't happen with Sia. Although it seemed nice as a sample (and I fool bought a 50ml bottle straight ahead) I hardly can bear it on my skin! Cassis? I can't smell any casiss, sugar mixed with peach is all get from it! Sia is really nothing special- too sweet, too peachy, too bubble gummish, too mainstream, too predictable, too boring... Shame on you Mr. Armani!

Patricia84
Patricia84

I got it just because on me it smells exactly like the original Miss Dior Chérie! And it lasts very long!

3ood
3ood

On me it smells like a fruit punch : (

Jenniiehs
Jenniiehs

Let me begin by saying that this perfume has amazing lasting power. I got a sample from a sales assistant at Myers 4 days ago, and its still going strong.
Its a very strong sweet scent so one spritz is enough to last the whole day. I can't detect any other notes besides vanilla.
Still comtemplating on whether to buy a bottle or not.

Ulusia
Ulusia

It reminds me of the spray that is used in Massimo Dutti shops (though Si is sweeter and feminine, the scent used in MD is masculine). I was told twice that I smell like a chocolate. For winter it is a fabulous modern semi-oriental scent. It lasts even though I think that it vanished.

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

All i got is juicy mango !!

hanin80
hanin80

Si opens similar to La Vie Est Belle. With slight difference: Si has something green in it that gladly balances the sweetness;while LVEB doesn't have this note and it's straight sweet. Then the magic comes in the drydown; a very classy woody smell makes Si so irresistible for me. This perfume transform from girlie to mature throughout the day; and i think it's a genius idea: you put Si in the morning for a girly and office friendly smell, and by night it transform like a camelion to suit the classy and romantic nightout. And YES you don't need to re-apply Si, it will stay with you till next day..

If you are a business women, this is the perfect scent for you. Strangely, sometimes it reminds me of the smell of papers of fresh new books.

All in all. This is a great scent. You should try it.

Update: this is the 15th spray i use from my bottle, i noticed the note of sweet grapefruit at the first, then it continue as before. Now the opening can not be compared to La Vie Est Belle. It became different with time. The only common thing they share now is the sillage and great longevity..
I still adore Si and now that is snowing outside, i can not think of any other perfume to make me feel cozy and special.

kakamelia
kakamelia

My collegue sprayed this on in our office today. Firstly I thought it was La vie est belle by Lancome. But it was a bit different, so my next idea was Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. In the end I asked her what did she spray on and she showed me this stuff. To me it smells like some christmass cookie. I think I was a fan of such fragrances in my twenties and I'm quite happy that theese years passed by and my my taste had changed. I don't want to smell like vanilla dough with pealed lemon skin ;)

GodlyGil
GodlyGil

Smells like bubblegum on me.

Jomoves
Jomoves

What I would classify as as a Mature Celebrity Scent. It's got all the usual fruity floral notes that are part of almost every celebrity scent, with a few musky notes to make it more suitable for the older punter. Really nothing special and I can't imagine Cate using something like this as anything but air freshener. It's more Kris Jenner.

TankGirl
TankGirl

A patchouly fruity perfume, not actually what I expected from the add that gave me another concept of the scent. Si is quite fruty and strong, suit women in their 35/45. Its a mature scent but not actually very interesting and doesnt have the "chic" factor I was looking for.
Have to try it again to make a more decent review, this is just an overall opinion from a snif at the airport.

ADAMbergris
ADAMbergris

Si? No! All I get is a slug of syrupy passionfruit pulp. A disappointing shock(er) from Armani and La Blanchett. I was expecting something timelessly elegant with a twist i.e. a modern chypre, but it's a(nother) cloying sweet fruitchouli scent, rather boring and more than a little incongruous with both Liu e Lei. Perhaps Cate was obliged to front this campaign in lieu of all the free threads Giorgio's been throwing her way of late (he is/was the patron of her place of employment, Sydney Theatre Company)??? I think she's a better match for a Prive parfum and I really can't imagine her wearing this confection... maybe only when Maestro is around and she needs a dress for an award ceremony!

ed
ed

Unfortunately, this frag is too sweet to be loveable. In fact, it does cause me mild nausea if too strong.

It's a kind of fragrance that I find hard to describe. It is not just aromatic. Can't be also classfied as vanilla or woody. It is more like a complicated mix of sweet & woody & chypre notes. Very posh and modern. I think it will be classic one day.

Update: After second test I have to admit that it is also fruity. I really like it, but not enough to buy it.

hedward
hedward

Fruits and sweaty patchouli. I don't know if Armani tried to imitate Angel with that.. Anyway it's gross. I disliked La Vie Est Belle because it bored me to death but this is even worse - like LVEB on an unwashed woman trying to cover up the smell of her sweat. I think the rose note gave this "chypre" (??) a little hope, but it dissapeared in the same second as the patchouli attacked.

Next please!

reemos
reemos

Generic ...got tired from powdery vanillaaaa....

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Patcouli (that smells like old beer) and indolic farty flowers mixed with sweet candy notes.

Again.

Can someone PLEASE come up with something new?!

PLEASE!!!

Konst.
Konst.

You are in the kitchen preparing vanilla cream fudge, he enters from the garden with freshly cut roses and freesias. What is that divine smell?, he asks. Come here and try..., you say and smear the cream fudge on your lips. You start to kiss, the flowers get hoplessly crushed, his hand sneaks under your top and... Your four-year-ols son bursts into the kitchen: Mama! Are they ready yet?! You stop kissing, you exchange a very dirty look and when the kids are finally asleep...

================

In plain words: yes it is a flower-vanilla bomb, but the flowers are subtle and fresh (unlike La Vie est Belle which gave me an instant headache) and vanilla is kind of dirty and mixed with burnt caramell (at least on my skin). Sexy in a sweet & yummy kind of way, not bad if you like it like this.. Silliage is huge, so please be moderate when applying!!!! Longevity some 6-7 h.

I got it as a present and since I am not a fan of flower-gourmand I will gladly exchange it for something more woodsy/spicy. PM me if you live in Madrid (Spain).

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Si translates as a very fancy piña colada with a hint of perfume on my skin. Another fruity patchouli scent, Armani goes right with crowd with this one. It is more pleasant to me than many other 'fruitchoulies', still it does not interest me enough to buy it.

Bandit
Bandit

To each their own and all that (for me NOT this fume, for sure -> I dislike it enaugh to not talk about it), but what really bugs me, and it bugs me really really A LOT:

This is called "chypre".

I mean, c'mon. That's not what chypre was intented to smell like. Call it fruity fruit mix with some patchouli or whatever, but not chypre. Give those new "chypre" fumes that are not allowed to use real chypre ingredients it's own category name! Don't use this "sacred" term!!! Yeah, I know, I'm a granny with a granny brain and a granny taste and a granny wardrobe, I'm boring and oldfashioned, I don't get it at all, I know, but still.

Chypre is unpolite, unfruity, bold and diva like. Only for the brave (did I steal that phrase from someone... ;). Si is none of it.

Pout
Pout

Oh, I love it! It is so powdery and you feel swimming in fruit elixir lasting for hours. It is in the style of La Vie Est Belle but more complex and not so loud, on my skin at least.

Miss Blanchett put her face on a real nice fragrance, it needs to be worn a bit to enjoy the complexity of the scent. Of course it is compared to La vie est Belle, still this is different, a gourmand of course, but more subtle, with green accents here and there, a bit cold, but refined, mysterious.Gourmands are so great to wear when the weather cools down, and this is a lovely one , refined, the Armani touch.

Tanyaoxo

Jeeeeeeeeeez what's the big deal! I like La Vie Est Belle, i like Si! Clearly I have no taste. Back to 'teeny boppper' land for me! God I hate that turn of phrase.

umtaleb
umtaleb

Opening is bitter fruit. Mellows quickly into a 'shape-shifting' vanilla; not sweet or cake, but aromatic and green. I find it dry and not particularly juicy or fresh.

Si is NOT a fruity-floral. Complex, but not overwhelming.

Don't trust the paper strip, requires skin test with several hours of wearing.

Edit:
@masrizalrikifariki; a man could absolutely wear this

annabolina
annabolina

Dear Ms Blanchett, you are far more interesting person and better actress than this dull mainstream stuff. Old Guerlains, or even some unusual Eldo may fit you better.

Agia77
Agia77

Very boring, nothing new. Without depth and personality.

bushonka
bushonka

This realy reminds me of La Perla Jáime. Slightly sweet version of it.I already have J'aime so I'll pass.Nice but nothing new.

sparris
sparris

@masrizalrikifariki: Sure, why not? Wear what you like!

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

what if a guy wearing this?

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

finally i have it and wear it for 1st time.for me-good vanilla sweet and rose start...hope to be better after few hours!!!

Decodawn

I had the opportunity to try Si when it was first launched and I must say considering Cate Blanchet is the face of the product, the fragrance is rather a let down. It is in my opinion far to young and fruity to even be considered something that I would truly imagine that she would wear. I always imagined Cate as a more Classic Fragrance such as No 5 or Mitsouko. Anyway, enough of me rambling, the Bottle is gorgeous, very modern and square but very heavy and not ideal for a ladies handbag, so it would have to adorn the dressing table which is fine although I do like to refresh my fragrance throughout the day and something less heavy would have been more appropriate to carry. The fragrance itself reminds me very much of La Vie est Belle, Flowerbomb and is a bit too much candy and sweets for my liking. Although I am sure it will be adored by twenty somethings the world over. I am sure this will be a bit hit for Christmas.

CoffeeCup

Magnificent add, boring scent. It's too simple, fruity and sweet to live up to the charm of Cate Blanchett.

azmilini
azmilini

The smell is so fruity & yummy but the bottled is so heavy..

lisatenholt
lisatenholt

I've got a sample of this parfume. I'm def in the market for this one. I can agree with some people that it's not a outstanding parfume in comparison to others, it's not very unique. The sweetness reminds me a bit of La vie est belle from Lancôme, but it has a patchouli undertone. I'm crazy over patchouli-based scents. I will definitely buy this one!

rooa
rooa

A minus because it reminds me of so many other perfumes. In my concept, a good and stylish perfume, it must be unique. This is just another perfume, too sweet and bold for my taste.

virga
virga

It’s not bad, just boring. The problem is that it lacks depth and personality. It’s sweet, nice, but that’s it. I would never give a second glance to the person who wears Si. Even the name is so unimaginative.

santrasta
santrasta

If autumn were a woman, I could totally imagine her wearing Armani's Si! A beige cardigan, a scarf and a walk in a park in October are the first things that come to mind when I smell this. I'm young (17 years old) and I think this scent is a little bit mature - not a little girl's scent - and makes me feel grown up, but not old. Perfect! I'm waiting for the prices to drop a little bit for this pretty little thing so that I can lay my hands on it! I wouldn't suggest to blind buy it though, because I've found that on people it smells anything from awful to beautiful.

As for longevity and sillage, right now after 3 hours from application it sits close to my skin and is not very noticeable but don't mind me, my skin is dry as bones!

Eicher
Eicher

Tried Si di Armani today.

It's definately "si"!

At first, the scent did not seem to be anything particular. Good but nothing particular. After an hour or so, the perfume slowly develops into a beautiful bouquet of freesia, cassis with discreet woody notes.

To me the vanilla and patchouli are there as "base" to the pyramid, to give it strength and not as main accord. I personally do not smell any of these two intensively.

I also don't think it to be similar to Oriens from Van Arpel - at least, not to my chemistry. I see that some compare Si to La vie est belle and Manifesto.
To me : not at all.

I believe Si to be a sweet, fruity/floral scent. Light and delightful, it fits to Giorgio Armani's perfume creation. So far.

Edit: 6 hours later trying it, now I can notice the vanilla but still no patchouli.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

I love this scent! It's sweet, fun and cheerful without smelling too young or cheap. It starts off pretty fruity, then it developes into a more sophisticated vanilla-ish scent, but still with the fruity notes in it. I absolutely want this. It smells like happiness to me!

Sensoria
Sensoria

Can't say it's a chypre, more a sweet fruity floral. Not the best of Armani, it will never be my signature, but nice in autumn to wear so now and then.It's not so loud as La Vie est Belle and not so sweet as Manifesto and Flowerbomb. Si is more softer. This suits me better but isn't breathtaking. Expected more. When I smell Si I'm asking myself :why did they discontinue Sensi? That was a very classy and great perfume.

tota
tota

on my skin it's similar to "miss dior cherie"

lilou
lilou

Very pretty, elegant, modern and joyful. Fuity at the opening, then it's a sweet floral fragrance. Patchouli, vanilla and rose are very present.
Yes it's a gourmand but, to me, it isn't similar to La Vie est Belle or Manifesto, which are more sugary (LaVieEstBelle) or milky (Manifesto). It's close to Armani Diamond or Armani Remix.
Good lasting power.

Still in my dislikes after testing again.
I felt a little harsh about this one.
I read Luca Turin review and it makes no sense to me, but anyway tastes are tastes.
BTW if he asks himself why Sì is written with accent in spite of being a one-syllab word, well it depends on words and a general rule in Italian says that if there are two words written in the same way then one takes the accent.
I was looking for something else to test and guess what? No more on shelf in order to make room for Armani Sì! Not putting me in a good mood...
I went for it anyway and again I found it so disturbing but this time I thought: "Yes, there are worse scents around, this is just weird, loud and boring"
Better than first encounter.

Sì?? Why??
Sì means Yes and for me it's a big NO!
Yet another "new" fragrance from boring Armani.
Cristine Nagel is a good nose, so this might be a joke.
Or another sign of times...
This perfume is absolutely overpowering in a clown-faced way. Scary McDonald's clown would smell like this.
Not a clear stink like a dirty toilet would be for just anyone, but rather like a bad joke, like a giant peach of marzipan dipped in sugary liquor thrown in your face while you carry shopping bags with both arms.
Sure Luca Turin likes it... mmm... if it's not just the usual worn attitude, well, good for him. It's on the market, ready to buy. A new mass success? We'll see. There are many people who don't like it here. Maybe it's a new strategy like "many enemies, much honour"
I'll carry my gas mask.

giola
giola

Pretty average, synthetic, sticky sweet. Similar to La vie est belle.

HUEbris
HUEbris

I've got this miniature today as free. It's a new launch perfume in my country(at september), so I was entry the event, so they choose me as tester.
Si, it's a free so i'm gonna do spiel about this perfume.
Actually, I was so expected about this perfume even I was knew this perfume's notes are not my tastes. cuz this is the Armani and prive collection is gorgeous, this perfume looks like prive junior... I think.
but as I already knew, I just disappointed to this perfume.
Too sweetness and sticky, nothing new. I smelled it somewhere.
I had worried about my opinion was quiet different to others, but that's my worrying unduly.

Nemosh
Nemosh

This one smells synthetic flowers on my skin, not very nice.
It lasts a good 3 hours on my skin.

Niaou Gav-Gav
Niaou Gav-Gav

I got a free sample of it and I can say that I loved it when I first tried it, as it reminded me of La vie est Belle so much, and maybe a little bit of Miss Dior Cherie. Ok it didn't last too long on my skin, but the smell of it is so girly, romantic, classy and sexy at the same time. For sure I would recommend it to young women 25-40. However, the design of the bottle is very simple which is something really negative for me, as I'm not only a smell fan but also a collector of empty fragrance bottles!Despite this, I would definately give it a try and buy it!

Liene
Liene

Very rarely freesia and wood smells good in perfumes, sadly this is the case when strong floral sweetness and freshness is made overly persistant. I just cannot stand it on my skin and that lasts for good three hours. The good part of Armani's Si comes later when the drydown appears in all its beauty. It is very cozy yet sexy like early Sunday mornings in bed at home. Something warm, but totally non-offensive and comfortable, close to skin and intimate. Light patchouli creates wonderful light balminess to the scent with sweet touches of vanilla, it is complemented by slight sharpness which comes from cassis and tenderness which comes from roses and freesia.
Almost a masterpiece. If there would be a way how to overcome first three hours, I would love to wear it because of next three, but the opening makes me say No to it.

articgirl
articgirl

Tested it today with my mother. Wow ! At first spray, it's really impressive (cassis and patchouli); then after a while, it turned into a weird fragrance on my skin, can't identify it exactly, but I would say peppery.In the mean time, it was still good on the wrist of my mother, totally different of the scent I got. I had a big moment of solitude beacause it was sooo good at first...but, after I would say an hour or two, it sort of calm down, and turned into a very fruity balmy scent on my skin, almost creamy.It's comfy and sort of energizing all in one.
But I don't know if I will purchase it, because of the "weird phase" (maybe it's because I love & add so much pepper in my food?)
Anyway, it's really worth a try, you just have to be patient to enjoy the dry-down...SI!

pavel.dumitrescu007
pavel.dumitrescu007

This is a very unique fragrance for women. It's aromatic, juicy, a little fruity and soft. It's the perfect balance of everything a woman needs. It's not one of those typical fruity-floral-fresh fragrances, neither one of those overwhelmingly floral and balmy fragrances. I like to call this fragrance "the daughter of Poison" because it's very aromatic and juicy, bu it's not so strong and balmy. Really love Si. It reminds me of black currant liquor.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Was a bit too fruity and "juvenile" smelling for my liking. I really had big expectations being an armani fragrance. I detected peach, blackcurrent, and some other non-descript fruits rounded off by vanilla. But overall, was quite surprised how teeny bopper it came across - ESPECIALLY given that the more mature, elegant Cate Blanchett was representing it in adverts. And within an hour or two had disappeared. I will test again, and re-edit my post if I get a better experience the next time around!

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

I find Si is overpoweringly pear-like with freesia and vanilla kicking in along the way. It has good staying power. I'm not a fan but I don't dislike it either.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

Si? No!No!No!
Why? Because from a house like Armani I expect a true fragrance, not a celebrity edt repacked in another bottle and labeled as expensive "edp". I get very poor lasting abricot-peachy fruity smellfrom this one.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

No fruit in Si? I can't believe it! I can smell gorgeous tart blackcurrants in the top notes but when it dries down, all I get is an overly sweet red fruit jam. The top notes seemed to be so promising! I honestly don't recognize any of the notes listed on Fragrantica except vanilla! Sorry!
But it's a great fragrance for goumand lovers undoubtedly!

beddy
beddy

déçu, encore un parfum fruité sucré !!!!!

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

Disappointed by this new release from Armani. I was expecting something different, more sophisticated also perhaps. To me, this is another one to add to an already too long list of "lollipop perfumes": Lancome La vie est Belle, Jimmy Choo, Prada Candy, YSL Manifesto, Dolce and Gabbana Pour Femme etc...
I would also add that the warm/gourmand nature of this scent is strikingly contradicting with the cold, steely image of Cate Blanchett; from a pure marketing point of vue, I don't quite get the association here.

meama
meama

ouch! it is simply monstrous, industrial fruit juice has a more refined smell than that. There was an error, it is a flanker of Fanta.
Armani Soda?

alli8769
alli8769

First there was Viktor & Rolf "Flowerbomb", then there was "La vie est belle" by Landcôme, all the sudden there was also "Manifesto" by Yves Saint Laurent, and now this. It seems like the guys on L'Oréal can't come up with anything else than Flowerbomb-clones that just tend to get sweeter and sweeter...

lovetoshopmum
lovetoshopmum

I love love this perfume, when first sprayed on my skin it kind of reminded me of Prada Candy (which I love) but it is more floral and vanilla then sweet like Prada Candy. Love everything about it except for the design of the bottle .... very cheap looking black lid on the top, that is the only complaint I would have. Perfume is such a personal thing, don't be swayed by others who don't like it ... try it yourself you might love it like me!!

derkargy
derkargy

It reminds me of Lancome's La vie est belle,but is less sweeter and softer,maybe because of the hint of cassia.

TatyanaS
TatyanaS

This fragrance doesn't seem to be bad at all. I couldn't say I want it, but this perfume is really pleasant.

Sannee77
Sannee77

Why all these negative reviews?? I think this is one of the best of the Armani fragrances (like them all, though). Initially I get a blast of fresh cassis, but that fades in a few minutes. An after that I get... La Vie Est Belle! Don't know why, praline isn't even listed as a note in Si, but I still get the same warm vanilla-praline-patchouli feeling as in La Vie Est Belle, plus perhaps a little rose. Now, nine hours after applying, the La Vie Est Belle is gone, and what remains of the Si is a hint of a classic woody vanilla base. All in all, very nice fragrance! Goes onto my "want it" list.

Edit: Now I've been wearing Si for a few weeks, and getting more and more impressed by it. For me it's the perfect mix between warmth and sophistication, I feel beautiful when I wear it. And Cate Blanchett is the perfect face, she IS this fragrance! And Si really isn't as similar to La Vie Est Belle as I first thought, Si is fresher and lighter and has a green note to it.

Galya
Galya

Me too,I didn't like it ,very odd and awful smell....

Arttemiss
Arttemiss

Horrible, flat, uninspired currant juice...
& in any case I wouldn't define it as a chypre.

Klementina
Klementina

If this juice is a chypré, then i´m a persian princess.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

Si smells extremely familiar! I have lancomes lveb but it's not it. I saw Chiara Ferragni posing for this perfume and they could have chosen her as muse. I can't imagine Cate wearing this, its rather more young. But since I do like sweet fragrances so much I like this one too. I just need to find what it is that this smells identical to!

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

Thanks to a sample from another fragrantica member I got the chance to try this. On me I can smell cassis and a soft patchouli. A very nice pleasant perfume but nothing overwhelming. Sweet, pretty and slightly cloying if too much is worn. Longevity is good and I am pleased to have a sample to try again later.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

i wanted to love it...but there is nothing special about it..its a smell we all have smelled many times before...and in my opinion not a great one

canadianpetite

Spritz this on my way home from Shoppers. Hubby was washing the truck but could smell this about five feet away. He likes it but it is a sillage bomb. Sweet, fruity and young. Nothing unique but I wouldn't turn down a bottle if gifted. I'm not convinced the price is justified by this fume.

One spray on me
Sillage: about five feet
Longevity: jumped in shower soon after so will try again for assessment
Rating: for now, 3.5/5

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

A gorgeous and gentle fruity floral gourmand . Powdery vanilla very well blended with delicate flowers , it's sexy but eludes kindness . Sweet and natural smelling , with no distinct notes apart from vanilla . The patchouli is subdued to blond woods . Very expensive but well worth the money , despite a relatively low silage and average lasting power . Just as good as Sensi was, it's perfect for just about any uncomplicated day , a romantic evening or to lift up the mood . Love at first sniff , elegant , gentle and ladylike . Perfection!
Ps. I have La vie est belle and it smells nothing like it.

smellME
smellME

This is a very good choice for autumn. I think it resembles la vie est belle and wasn't surprized others think so too. Where I think the Lancome is stronger clearer and sharper , Si is a little more toned down , powdery , creamy and spicy but still sweet - this is my choice of the two. It is more mature and mysterious and will , for me be easier to wear.
The perfume smells a lot more interesting than notes shown here so my guess is there are several notes missing...
The bottle is plain but classy with the black walnut shaped lid.
A nice choice for the colder months !
I was happy to get a fresh sample among others from the lovely perfumecounselor Linda at NK , Stockholm !
Will get a full bottle when sampling this is over..

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

Sweet and cozy, very pleasant, perfect for autumn. It's a cross between Coco Noir and La Vie Est Belle but it still has its own character. I prefer Coco Noir I think, but I like Si well enough to think about buying a bottle. I think it'll be hugely popular.

gamos
gamos

I did not like it at first, when I tried it after it came out. A few days later and a cooler day, after some rain, I thought I give it another try. I sprayed it on in a shop and went away. After half an hour or so I was nicely surprised how it developed on my skin. Yes, it is sweet. And normally I don't like vanilla, but somehow the patchouli takes some of that away and makes it kind of interesting and definetly elegant. I kept on sniffing my wrist and bought it the next day. It is not the most original of all fragrances but it is well done and I think it will be great in late fall and winter. The sillage is very good and I could still smell it the next day.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

For me this one is from orientale vanillie.
Why the name is Si?? Armani don't like Lempicka ??
Yes this is interesting scent, warm, light spice.

skimrande
skimrande

I absolutely love it! I tried it on and it fit like a glove, so this one I will absolutely buy.

Veda
Veda

I really don't get it why they don't put all the notes.
Mango,orange,sun melon,maracuja.
Reminds me of a Body Shop essence.
Too much fruity,sweet and a little of ambroxan.
Perfect for summer,spring and teenagers!
The light fruity version of C'est la vie by Lancome.
A Gourmand One.
The perfume campaign is ordinary and old fashioned.
They should have chosen a younger and fresher muse for this one!

Well Si is in a way a more mature scent, it is all about a gourmand scent with understated elegance. The scent is rich, yet it can be a bit cold, I don't see any similarity at all with Diamond ,which is a vague woodsy musky scent.Si is very Italiano, it has a smoldering quality that is undistinct.I see it more as a winter scent, it deserves the time to be discovered, one can detect green nuances here and there. Feminine, classy, a bit linear yes,it does have an earthy quality very true, but overall very very wearable.
I find it more interesting than Coco Mademoiselle also.
I agree this isn't really like La vie est Belle, only the same category as both are gourmand.The Lancôme is bolder.

Si is a sweet vanilla patchouli, with a deep fruity floral undertone. It reminds me of the various Miss Diors out there. With this combo of notes, it’s bound to be compared to other sweet patchoulis, and there are a lot of them. There isn’t much about this that makes it stand apart or smell better than its similar peer perfumes, such as Miss Dior (Cherie), or even Coco Mademoiselle. Those are all just done better. The review by passionata20 is spot on for me. I also own and love Armani Diamonds but this does not smell like Diamonds on me. I wish it did. Everyone’s chemistry is different so you have to try it to see how it will work on you.

Sloshpot

DIAMONDS DIAMONDS DIAMONDS I cant believe no one else has spotted it.

Sloshpot

Its Diamonds repackaged to try to appeal to the classier older woman. You cant pull the wool over our eyes Armani.. huuuuge fail!

Actually cannot believe the gaul of these people,. Two perfumes.. marketed completely differently.. with EXACTLY the same fume' inside from the very SAME makers. diamonds was revolting and so is this.

dormir6
dormir6

I have been waiting it for sooooo much, and I was so confident I would like it. Well, I don't. It is not a bad one, but has some sharp, and distinctive carachteristic above the sweet tones, that makes me think of hangover, and my nose avoids my wrist insted of sniffing. I can imagine that someone may love especially this part of the fume, but for me not a full bottle worthy. Sweet and sharp altogether.

antonpan
antonpan

I was very afraid to face with the situation that Si is really similar to La Vie est Belle or YSL Manifesto. Today I tried it and can state that all these comparisons are untruthful. Armani Si has nothing common with vanilla bomb Manifesto and shares a little similarity with La Vie est Belle deep in the dry down. There are some negative points as well: Si is younger, less sophisticated and less creative than La Vie est Belle for example. To my nose, Si is all about exotic fruits. It smells like a Fanta Tropical Flavour: a lot of juicy sweetened mango (or passion fruit or pawpaw) on a woody vanilla base. As a man I do love Si, as a perfume lover I don't. I'd like women at the street smell like that, though.. Si is too generic, too plain to become a new pillar of Giorgio Armani. For Escada limited summer series - yes, but not for Armani.

atlantasia
atlantasia

I had bought this on an impulsive whim, which I rather regret, as there is many more deserving perfumes out there especially in regards of the price. This perfume isn't bad, it's inoffensive and not overpowering, but it is just generic and bland. It's rather soft as well and doesn't last long at all and there is very little sillage. I would recommend buying something else.

beatrix75
beatrix75

a biiig noooo this scent its just about the vanilla and nothing alls !!!for the first time i sad its not good sorry

millie1980
millie1980

I saw this advertised as the "new chypre" - highly misleading, because it is best characterised as a fruity-floral gourmand. I'm biased, because I don't like gourmands, but let me warn you that between the top notes and base notes, it has a weird smelling phase. I think this is the patchouli, plus something else not so nice.

I think this perfume is not original at all, it is just drawing on frags like Coco M and existing gourmands. Sorry to be so negative, it's just not working for me!

curvealert
curvealert

I sprayed a tiny amount of this on my wrist in a department store before getting on the tube home. That was a mistake. The smell of Si in a hot, crowded underground train, shared with men who have been wearing the same trainers every day for weeks was enough to make me want to pass out.

Sweaty trainers, though revolting, at least smell natural. Si is an entirely synthetic creation that combines the worst of Manifesto and La Vie est Belle. Cloying sweetness and a weird metallic Windex note reminiscent of that other horror I can't stand, Hanae Mori Butterfly.

Now that I'm home, it still smells cheap and nasty.

Trixie10
Trixie10

I thought this would be subtle. Cate Blanchett- classy and offbeat. It was advertised as containing chypre. All I smelt was sickly like melted jam.

misssimi

I recived and I love it its my signature fragrance of fall 2013.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

The initial spritz of this is very peachy and very nice. It's fruity and addictive and I can smell sweet caramel, but I'm not sure if this note is listed. This is a very pleasantly average modern gourmand fragrance which has fair longevity, (2-3 hours), limited silage and grossly overpriced price tag!
For very little more money, I can get an Annick Goutal, Serge Lutens, JHAG, get the picture? Trust me, this little bottle of scent doesn't even come close.

auroramaria

This is such a gorgeous fragrance I'm so happy I tested it today, I was afraid it might have been another let down but this scent delivers.
It's rich,warm and really deep.
Sì has the same vibe as La Vie est Belle and Flowerbomb but it is even better.
On me Sì lasts a good 6 hours and sillage is awesome.
I see myself wearing it during the colder months and I have no doubt it will smell fantastic!!

passionata20
passionata20

26. august 2013

It is heavily promoted now everywhere and of course i couldn´t resist and not to try it. I´ve been wearing it several times already an here is what i can say: it is nice but i expected something completly different, especially with Cate Blanchett as a face of fragrance. This is sweet and i would say it is probably best for fall-winter, not to be worn during very humid and hot summertime. I´ve tried it in +25´C in a non humid northern european weather and while it is ok at the moment it doesn´t appeal me that much as i think it will do later this year.
In geenral i find a combination of rose and patchouli here quie interesting and pleasant, however the freesia adds some "rotten" accord. The whole composition has actually something distantly reminding me of a Moschinos latest release "Cheap and chic chic petals", but le me explain: in "SI" the rose and patchouli smell quite close to the opening of "Chic petals" - strawberry and pomegranate. They share the same vibe, while they are both sweet, but they are not candy sweet and have something a bit "sour" in their composition. In "Si" the freesia gives freshness and bit of sourness. Ok, "Si" is vanilla based scent after all, so it is right on trend however i still expected something more aldehydic, to be honest.
In geenral a nice composition and stunning minimalistic bottle!! The bottle desrves an award of it´s own actually!!
Yes i will buy it anyway but still i will probably stick to my "sensi" bottles in the future after all.

The problem is with lasting power and sillage actually. While it is an EDP it lasts up to 3 hrs on my skin (and i spray generously!!! 5 times!!) the sillage is also quite weak, i can hardly detect it. The paper test is the winner, but my skin eats the scent (which is not a problem with major of my parfums). Maybe during colder weather it will improve it´s sillage and lasting power, but not now.
Sadly a bit dissapointed. I had really high hopes, but they weren´t fulfilled 100%.

P.S. I just realised after reding the review somewhere belowm that it does indeed smells a lot like super concentrated ORIGINAL "Miss dior cherie" ( i even got my bottle out and smelled it. That strawberry note in MDC is actually here in "Si" as well, not listed but the feeling is very close. Take the original formula of MDC, triple it and add bit of a "roten earthy note and - voila! Here it is. NB! It is not the same as MDC, so don´t buy it based on this remark, it just has the same feeling, but tastes may differ.
IMHO it doesn´t smell anything close to "La vie est belle" or "Manifesto"

P.P.S. Cate Blanchett, usually the one i admire, looks quite ugly photoshopped on promotion campaign. Not good for her, hardly recognizible. :(((

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Similar to La Vie est Belle. Tried this one and YSL Manifesto at the same time yesterday, and these two are also very much a like.
Starts quite fresh with the cassis. And dries down to a lovely, warm, sweet and smooth vanilla.
I liked this more than Manifesto, because Manifesto`s dry down was somehow "colder" and more powdery.

Sorry, but I think this is a very gross and unpleasant blast. To me it's a very sickening scent. Ambroxan, patchouli and the woody notes scream along and come mixed with some vanilla-floral notes in the drydown. It doesn't have anything of La Vie est Belle to me. It's just loud and nauseating.

annestar
annestar

Great fragrance, tried it today, had to buy it :) Love the powdery Vanilla, its very soft.

szilviabartha
szilviabartha

Smells like La Vie Est Belle. I liked it very much and bought it at the airport after trying it.

shopgirl

Pleasant, inoffensive fragrance - great for a hot day. I smell peach in this, quite nice but ultimately unremarkable. Smells very generic.

perfumequeen23

This is now on my Christmas list :) I tested it yesterday baring in mind I squirted one little spray on my arm at 11 it was still strong enough to smell at 3 so I think this will be good for longitivty for me. I didn't look at the notes until today and was surprised there was rosé in it :/ I could smell the vanilla and something else I can't put my finger on but couldn't smell rose. I am not in to rosé anymore it goes sour on me but this smells beautiful!!
I WANT :)!

natalie809
natalie809

Got a sample of this today in john lewis! I really like it! To me it smells similar to dolce & gabanna pour femme :-))

Lukiezoomy
Lukiezoomy

Tried this today and I think I really like it. Not my usual spicy oriental but good for the days when you don't want to stop people in their tracks! Does anyone else think this smells like Elie Saab EDP? I really wanted to like that one and loved the first hour or so but after that it just turned dirty on me. This is how I wanted Elie Saab to smell, and it has stayed true through the day. I smell fruit in the first blast which is lovely and fresh in this hot weather. It gets a bit sweet for a while but the dry down is what I wanted from Elie Saab and didn't get. Very nice, definitely worth another try and a very possible purchase.

sueellen
sueellen

tried this today fell in love straight away!really nice undertone that comesnout through the day .Only tested in Debenhams and i defently think ill purchase ,i never smelled vanilla at all which is strange considering i love vanilla!does remind me of something but i cant put my snout on it !never tried the other scents people are saying it smells of so cant comment.

Shwets
Shwets

Like an intense La vie est belle mixed with strawberry notes from pre reformulated MDC

Ealing64
Ealing64

Classy, sheer, a million miles from the omnipresent girly/pinky/fruity juices of the market.
For the discerning, sophisticated young lady who knows how to stand out from the crowd.
Particularly suitable for daywear, it is elegance Italian style.

misssimi

can't wait to try this baby! so excited i think this is the revelation for this autumn! :)

Jasminalia

Actually, on my skin it's like La vie est belle mixed with Manifesto.
Yummy...

jellybeantree

I was so lucky today when I went to visit my friend who works at a perfumery , they where testing Si and I got to spray it on me! Well its very fruity on me in the beginning which is strange then the florals come in and I found it very interesting. It then turned into cotton candy in the dry down and I don't wan't to smell like cotton candy. Why does it smell like this? I look at the notes and scratch my head. If you like La vie est belle by Lancome or flowerbomb, you might like smelling like cotton candy. I think it is a grown up cotton candy smell , I have to say that it's not for me....

I feel so lucky to be able to review it!!! First because this is a wonderful creation, it smells great, it is definitely a gourmand with chypre accords, in the top notes I detect the patchouli, the freesia and the cassis which gives it a certain freshness, I feel it will probably be compared to La vie est belle because they both are bold scents, with character, but the Lancôme is more a candied patchouli, heavier, more dense, sweeter also..Si is more refined, , more feminine, more stylish. the freesia and the cassis give it a fresher greener floral vibe also..I find Si beautiful, Kate Blanchett represents the scent with her classy charm very well. Si is a classy scent..nothing girlie about it, the drydown opens up nicely, the scent warms up on the skin, the vanilla is very very shy..
I don't think it is like Manifesto in the least bit...
Si has also a veil of mystery that the Lancôme doesn't have, this is a mature , modern, beautiful creation.
Longevity is good. On the skin lingers the nicest sweet aroma!!

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

Ambroxan is a synthetic compound that recreates ambergris. To truly experience ambroxan, try Juliette Has a Gun's "Not a Perfume." As for this fragrance, it does nothing but provides a clean base.

I had high hopes for this, when I first saw the notes.

However, I see how this is going. Cheap currant notes (ostentatiously referred to as Cassia, when it's just a fancy way of saying NONDESCRIPT DARK BERRY) meshed with patchouli, to produce a scent that's like everything else out there these days. Heightened vanilla to make it edible, rose and ambroxan to ground it, and Freesia to give it a cheap "floral" smell, and wood to convince you that it's not a cheap overdone fruity mess.

Not impressed. It's too much like Manifesto and La Vie Est Belle. Straight up vanilla with "something else" to make it something other than a solely-vanilla composition. With Manifesto, the other notes gave it a daiquiri smell, and with La Vie Est Belle, the other edible shit made it spicy and "interesting" for the mom's that browse the Lancome counte.

Veryyyyyy gourmand !
Sticky fruitchouli.
Just smelled it : it reminds me of La vie est belle.

juliaforsberg79
juliaforsberg79

Sì is quite similar to YSL Manifesto and D'Squared2 Potion for Women in that it's a relatively sweet and powdery scent with a tart berry note that cuts through the sweetness. I was hoping for something more sophisticated and less girly since it's Armani and especially since the cool and classy Kate Blanchett is fronting the campain. I got this as a press sample btw but my opinions are my own

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

I am interested in this. I could do without the vanilla, but if it is done right, it could be soft and classy, which is what I am hoping for.

What on earth is 'ambroxan'? Time to look that one up!

Si by Giorgio Armani 3.48 out of 5 based on 1088 ratings and 267 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Si fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Si, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Si by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Si by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.