Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Giorgio Giorgio Beverly Hills for women

Giorgio Giorgio Beverly Hills for women
dislike

tuberose
Giorgio Giorgio Beverly Hills for women Pictures Giorgio Giorgio Beverly Hills for women Pictures Giorgio Giorgio Beverly Hills for women Pictures Giorgio Giorgio Beverly Hills for women Pictures

Giorgio is vivacious and serene as the sunbeams, decorated with yellow stripes of joy, and represented in 1981. It was created by Bob Aliano, who gave the top notes orange blossom, peach, apricot and trails of sweet and fresh bergamot. The middle notes bring ylang-ylang, seductive tuberose, gardenia, jasmine, rose and orchid. Floral bouquet spreads itself in the base, with warm sandalwood, patchouli, vanilla, amber, cedar, oakmoss and musk. In 1980s this perfume used to represent the symbol of luxury, memorable and long-lasting, and was often banned from restaurants due to its intensity. Giorgio was created by M.L. Quince, Francis Camail and Harry Cuttle.

Apricot Orange Blossom Peach Bergamot

Escada Margaretha Ley

Giorgio Fragrance Reviews

BackTo1998
BackTo1998

A good friend of our family wore Giorgio as her signature back in the '80's/early '90's. I can remember having pool parties and smelling this perfume in the summer night air almost every weekend. On her, it was a fresh, woody tuberose. I will always think of Lisa when I wear Giorgio these days. I've never gotten any sweetness out of this perfume...the chamomile and vetiver help curb any of that, and that is one reason I've always loved this perfume. I would categorize Giorgio as a floral chypre.

The 1980's was my favorite decade. I loved the shoulder pads, heavy rouge, overdrawn red lipstick, big sprayed up hair and steel tough perfumes that greeted you around every corner. When I think of Giorgio, I think of Melanie Griffith's character, Tess McGill in 1988's "Working Girl." Much like her portrayal in the movie, Giorgio was about taking hold and showing the world who's boss. It may not be 1985 for the rest of the world anymore, but for me in my little world, it is everytime I wear this perfume. I like to put on Madonna's "Crazy For You" and Tears For Fears' "Everybody Wants To Rule The World", watch "The Breakfast Club" and remember much simpler and better days.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Just another "grandma forgot me in her closet for 30 years". Too soapy and sharp.

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

What can be said about Giorgio that hasn't been said? I love it. One of the most intense, syrupy sweet, loud 80s tuberoses I have ever smelled. California all the way. You just can't be in a bad mood wearing Giorgio, it's so cheerful. Summer, sunshine and happiness, bottled!

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

I used to like this one when I was a young teen. I thought the yellow and white stripes were really cheery. These days I wouldn't wear it...white flowers don't agree with my chemistry anymore and its too sweet. I am starting to wear dryer scents these days I guess growing up your body changes. You only need a bit of this its strong for a cheaper perfume.

Searro
Searro

Here's how it started. Down on my cash, I bought the Designer Imposters brand aerosol body spray of this fragrance, called Primo, at the local Walmart. Yes, it was strong, but creamy and lush with white, clean floral accents that made me proud to walk into a club or gala.

Fast forward to two weeks later, when I have sufficient funding for excess perfume purchases, and I buy a mere 1.3 oz. bottle of the genuine, notorious 1982 Giorgio Beverly Hills perfume, Giorgio--which smells absolutely nothing like its sweeter Walmart knockoff. Although it's undeniably one of those abrasive, designer perfumes that seem to've been drawn from the very vein of the American 1980's, I wish to god that I'd been able to test it before spending $45.00 on just little more than a single ounce.

Here's the bottom line: those of us who appreciate the loud, overpowering scents that fill a room and leave a Pepe Le Pew stench-trail are a dwindling clan in today's fragrance market. Giorgio literally smells like a vase filled to the brim with decaying honeysuckle and orchid. Not fresh flowers; ROTTING flowers. Should you have the dismal misfortune of spraying this on your clothing rather than your neck or arm, you might eventually assume you're inside a toilet bowl after a Taco Bell dinner. Yes, of course I'm exaggerating morbidly, and I'm insulting the ladies of the vintage perfume culture that hold Giorgio as a "beautiful" or "nostalgic" scent--to whom I heartily apologize. But to wear Giorgio by itself, one need only a single spray on the neck to induce a migraine, on yourself and to those who dare come closer than 10 feet of the wearer.

Some fragrances stand the test of time, capture the classical essence of an era and hold it's greatest elements within a tiny bottle--Shalimar, Chanel no.5, Modern Muse, l'Air du Temps(!)--but Giorgio Beverly Hills' Giorgio is NOT one of those scents, ladies. You have been warned.

Mistressvoodoodolly
Mistressvoodoodolly

I remember getting this in the 80s and being utterly grossed out by it. But lately I've been a bit nostalgic, purchasing Lauren, Fred Hayman 273,and decided to get a pure parfum sample of Giorgio. Whoa, what a difference. In this state a few dabs to pulse points, it does not overwhelm, it is lovely and refined and perfectly balanced. I would highly recommend going on eBay and gettin a pure parfum sample. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Fonna2
Fonna2

Giorgio.
This scent scares me.
Not creamy tuberose, but a screamy tuberose drowning in sweet syrup. I smelled it when it first came out in the 80's, and after one whiff I jumped back, never to return.

I am only reminded of Giorgio because of a "donation", if you will, of Carolina Herrera CH, that smells similar but richer and creamier, that says "come hither, mi amor" rather than "get me out of this bottle now, betch!!"

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

Another of the Big Eighties perfumes I do not like at all, no wonder--tuberose is listed, I cant bear tuberose in any form. There is something which reminds me of toilet cleaner or bathroom freshener (same thing with White diamonds and faith Hill). I cant say I have found a Giorgio scent yet that I would actually wear.
My cat loves this scent, an aunt wore this to my house and he tried to nibble her shirt lol.

Serendipity1
Serendipity1

I would love to order it in "niche" version from Roja Dove!

jtd
jtd

I don't quite understand the big perfumes of the 1980s. At heart, they carried a mixed message. They are unavoidable: large, loud, instantly recognizable, distressingly unmistakable.  They are written in bold print and are meant to stand out.  The problem is that they were also used as identifiers to signal inclusion in a group, or rather, to announce the wearer’s identification as a type. They are tribal.  So while their use of olfactory dynamics makes them all about standing out, the intention of their use is all about signaling affiliation, not distinction.

As with Dior Poison (1985) and YSL Opium (1977), even 30 years after the fact, we refer not so much to the perfume Giorgio (1981) as to the type of woman who wore it.  The perfume was part of the package: big hair, shoulder pads, geometric make up. Aspiration. Grandiosity. Remember this was the era of a television show called Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

The Perfume itself is remarkable for its superlative qualities: volume, radioactive sillage, endurance, unwarranted certitude. It could more aptly have been called No Exit.  It captured the quality of bigger-is-better that defined the 1980s.  It is legendary: it was the first scent-strip ever used in a magazine. It is mythical: Giorgio was banned from restaurants.  It surpassed even its high wattage rivals. Where Cacharel Loulou (1987) was boisterous, YSL Opium was smothering, and Dior Poison was simply too loud, Giorgio was crass.

Vintage bottles are easy to find. It was mass-produced for decades and made from aromachemicals with industrial half-lives. It is the plastic of perfumery. It can't be recycled, and it will never degrade.

Absolutely worth sniffing, even if just for the history lesson.

RitaLMc
RitaLMc

Sickly sweet and very loud. Smells cheap. Do not like this at all.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I used to nanny in the late 1980's for 3 beautiful children who got stuck with distasteful, trashy parents that had more money than they knew what to do with, spending it foolishly on drugs, vacation time shares & GIORGIO. The woman of the house loved this so much she would not only hose herself down with it, but made the housekeeper spray down her linens, bedroom carpet, furniture & mini-van interior with it as well. I kid you not. That was part of the maid's routine. Misting property with GBH. So every time I smell this I just feel myself moving backward and chanting, NO NO NO. It always felt overdone & over bearing. This used to bring discomfort to people in public places (church, movies, grocery stores, theater) in the 80's and I can still detect it a mile away. It has nothing to do with the time frame or era in my mind, it is just too harsh, cloying & shrill to me. Perhaps my bad association with the scent is from this woman not judiciously applying the perfume, so I do plan on giving it another sniff one of these days to see what it does to my nose.
In Giorgio's defense, I think the yellow liquid is beautiful, rich looking & sunny. I can also appreciate the rich fruits & florals which I will admit are well blended. Incidentally, before I started working for these people, I found a knockoff of this scent called "Primo" (One of those...if you like Giorgio, you will LOVE Primo! sprays), & wore it for a couple of years during high school. My boyfriend loved it.

HoneyPamela
HoneyPamela

Whenever I see yellow and white stripes, I think Giorgio and the year 1982, where I found myself employed at a company right smack in the middle of the Boston Financial District. The air was permeated with the smell of Giorgio, so much so that if google earth were around then there would be in existence a satellite picture of a cloud puff hovering over the city, known as Giorgio. Sillage is Enormous, and longevity, extremely long lasting.

The sweet sickening smell of rotting roses, gardenias and fruit turning into an alcoholic concoction of sorts, could be loudly identified in vacant elevators, hallways, reception areas and women’s restrooms, which makes for a convenient place to throw up when you can no longer stand the smell and keep down the gag reflex.

This perfume is so bad I can’t even bring myself to hate it. I only feel sorry for the largely, olfactory and physical assault it has caused many of us who were fortunate enough not to be able to afford a bottle of this weird tracking device, and be taken away with Giorgio mania by running to Filene’s basement during lunch hour to cop a bottle of this swanky and offensive perfume that came packaged in a yellow and white striped bag, with black lettering, “Giorgio, Beverly Hills,” during the early 80’s.

MommyMaudlin
MommyMaudlin

Unabashed super optimistic bright fun-time happiness in a bottle. I remember when this fragrance was everywhere in the 80s. I was just a little kid, but your parents would take you to the theatre to see Cats or whatever and the whole audience was a wave of Giorgio. People found it irresistible then. We think we're too cool for it at the moment. But get ready because it's due for a comeback. Trust me.

chenriquemedeiros
chenriquemedeiros

I'm a man and use it for my own delight. Love it. Smells like gold - if gold had any smell of course (by the way, does it have?).

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

A bowl of juicy peaches soaked in sweet orange water on a Sunday California afternoon. Very eighties yet elegant and memorable. Applied with a light hand its fabulous. I love its sweetness and often alternate its use with my favorite sister red......

bronwen80
bronwen80

I have no clue why my tastes have all of a sudden done a complete 180 but I'm enjoying it. Having worn gourmands for years, I discovered Charlie and fell in love with the big, in your face late 1970's early 1980's style of perfumes. I picked up a bottle of this after looking up white florals and while my mother would never have dreamed of wearing such a perfume as one with Beverly Hills in its name I instantly recall the scent from the beauty counters of department stores. I love the heaviness of this perfume as it is such a far cry from the modern style of perfumes and the God awful celebrity scents that are currently flooding the market, if you want to stand out In a beige scenes give this one a second chance, you may be pleasantly surprised

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

This is almost a SLAP in the face with a bouquet of tuberose, you surely won't go unnoticed wearing this! This fragrance has been a staple in my family for decades, this is our signature scent! Collectively the women on my mother's side of the family have gone through about 15 bottles of this (excluding me as I'm not a big fan although I will give my input as to what it smells like). It's like Givenchy Amarige's cousin. If you like Amarige there is a chance you will enjoy this however wear with a light hand as it is quite a powerful tuberose, the tuberose in Amarige is a bit smoother and warm whereas this needs to mingle with your chemistry for the goodness to happen. My sister is a die hard tuberose fan and she owns both these fragrances. Might get her Michael by Michael Kors as a birthday gift this summer.

larali

I hugged my baby while wearing this, and it rubbed off on her. The swimming teacher smelled the baby and said "Wow, you smell good! Really good!"

zzMaja
zzMaja

How did I ever wear this? I used to love it and so did many of my friends and co-worker, but some of my co-workers lost their minds and piled it on mercilessly. Meetings and air travel were awful with everyone gasping for fresh air. The men were especially polite not to comment on the strength of the scent. I am rather amazed that it is still so popular. It is a real pop culture icon in the arena of scents.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

*cringe*
I worked at a cosmetic counter in the 80's and sold this hideous yellow concoction. Hiding the Giorgio tester was my favorite part of the job. I found this scent excruciatingly repulsive enough to never want to smell it again. Ever. In my entire life. I am certain I suffer PTSD from smelling this scent, and never once smelled a woman who could carry this fragrance well. To me, it is just a loud mess of rotting flowers and synthetic everything mixed with something, something... just horrifically gross. I only wish the accompanying headache and poisoning were fake too but they are not. Of all the heavy hitters we sold during that time, this was the only one I found unbearable. Smelling it too often was never the problem as we sold many popular designer frags with a big, screaming stench. (It was the 80's.) I cannot say it smells cheap or the loudness factor was/is a problem. I like 'em big. There is a note or five, something in the overall composition I loathed from first spray. I can only recall one other fragrance in my lifetime that struck me this terribly as I can usually find something in almost every mix I like, even if I would not personally wear it. Something in this Giorgio gives me the wormy gut... and this is coming from someone who loves (most of) Liz Taylor's scents, Dana Tabu, heavy orientals, florientals, vanilla and incense bombs, heavy chypres, etc. That's how bad. Imagine that.

So yes, ironically, I am into many of the loud, screamy, over-the-top fumes of the 80's and 90's but this... stuff... whatever it is... has always smelled to me as if someone ate soured flowers and threw them up. It hit me that way upon first smell a long time ago and has stayed that way. The few encounters I have had with it since annoys me. Tragically, it makes me not like whoever is wearing it. I feel the urge to run away for fear of hurting them. (I'm joking. Kind of. Sometimes I am probably wearing a scent that evokes that in others. ;) There is no way to use it lightly it is so screechy sweet, loud, and horrible. Sillage is infinite. Longevity is eternal. Gah. Just writing this review is making me anxious and nauseated with an olfactory flashback.

Forgive me for being overly dramatic but I need a benzo and some Pepto now. Forgive me, lovers of this fragrance. I mean you no offense. It's not personal, my lady friends who help me so much on here. It is only my ever-so-humble-brutally-honest-and-who-cares opinion. Wear what you love and makes you happy, hold your head high... and kill people... just like I do. *smiles*

leathermountain
leathermountain

I get tuberose over oakmoss with apricot garnish. Love it!

Tine1world
Tine1world

I loved this so much in the mid 80's. I treasured my tiny parfum bottle right until 2006. Till I finally threw away the bottle.

I recently, a few day's before Christmas 2013. Purchased an EDT version. Well I had to buy 100 Aussie dollars worth of fragrances to get another of my choice for free, and I so wanted Paco's 'Lady Million' EDP. Which is about 90. aussie dollars to buy anyway. I forked out 17. aussie dollaroozies For this. I purchased 6 bottles of fragrances that day. I made every dollar count.

Sadly, even though I do like this, is not the same as the 80's one I used to possess. It quickly evaporates on me. But for the price and new experience of a toned down and very green fragrance. I'm content.

Cheers T.

Ps I loved the reviews here on this fragrance. All I can say after reading nearly all of them is WOW.

Remembering the 80’s would not be complete without mentioning Giorgio. This was immensely popular at one time. I remember this selling for rather high prices in the department stores when it was first released, then it was copied to death by imitators, eventually losing its appeal through overexposure. It’s available now for a very reasonable price at the drugstore occasionally, but I don’t see it around much. Giorgio is a rather loud floral. No aldehydes, not powdery, just flowers and a hint of greens. Although it is full of white flowers, it smells yellow to me, so the yellow and white stripes of the packaging suit this perfectly. I have no idea if Giorgio has been reformulated, but I did have the opportunity to sample a bottle currently being sold at the drugstore, and couldn’t resist taking this short blast to the past. The familiarity of the white blooms is apparent immediately. I feel that Giorgio was sweeter in the past. Perhaps however, there are so many sweet perfumes today that the subtler sweetness of Giorgio seems not so sweet anymore. The opening notes are tempered by a mild bitterness. When I smell this from an arms length distance, it smells the same as it did in the past, but when I get up close to sniff, there is something different – something smoky and muddied. This stuff has lasting power. I fell asleep before I got all the way to the base notes, and I could still smell it the next morning, even after a shower. My jacket still smelled like it had just been sprayed. This short blast to the past lasts longer than I expected. What a powerhouse this must have been in the 80’s! We were used to it then, so it didn’t seem that unusual to have a generous cloud of fragrance surrounding you. I don’t know how I feel about Giorgio. I am on the fence about it now.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

This is so pretty, and so LOUD. It was very popular with older women when I was growing up, but the scent is anything but "old lady-ish"... I thought it was like sunshine in a bottle when I was a young girl. This is wonderful for blah days, those days when you have tons of housework to do, non-stop errands and hauling the kids back and forth, laundry piled up, dishwasher broke down, overtired and overworked from career and running the house, a spray of Giorgio is an instant mood lifter and gives me that burst of energy to plow through it. I always thought it had a lemon note in it, even though it does not have one listed.

Cap_Kat
Cap_Kat

This is a loud and bright fragrance. Enormous sillage and longevity. There’s no mistaking Giorgio. This scent is for a woman who possesses little to no subtlety. A woman who wants to mark territory. On a personal note, my Grandmother wore this scent and it will always remind me of her. Much like Giorgio, my Grandmother was extroverted, dominating, loud, and flashy. She was also a Leo. (She always left a trail and may have been one of the women people complained about in regards to overuse of this scent!) This scent made her feel glamorous-it was Giorgio Beverly Hills after all. She was really cute about it, and always felt special to receive it as a gift (although she was also perfectly happy to use the knockoff Primo). She was feminine and took care of herself, and I’ll always remember her long manicured fingernails, often painted in a bold pink. My Grandfather adored her--the way she wore it, he must have loved this scent. I’m a fan of the big 80’s power scents. But this scent belongs to Grandma-I could never wear it. I think I’ll test some though, just to remember her and see if it will draw out some long forgotten memories.

Pari88
Pari88

This is one of the best grown up fruity florals I have ever smelled. I was born in 88 so I have no recolection of this fume nor any scent recognition with it, to my nose it is extremely unique. I say package it up to fit the modern times and sell it again cuz this stuff is delish! It is juicy, warm and Radiant! Sunshine in a bottle. I get alot of fruits and honey dipped white flower. If something can be fresh, airy, warm, earthy sweet and clean all at once its this baby. I saw the bottle at my local pharmact, sitting there amongst all the other testers I had already tried again and again, but thiscone caught my eyes this time. I sprayed some on and whoa did the sun come out to shine on me! I checked my fragrantica page, and thought what!!? Why So many negative reviews? Well, I bought it on the spot.
A must have for every Sunny woman out there, who is young at heart and has a smile worth a million words. I needed this to get me out of this drab and dark winter weather.
I sprayed it twice and it lasted the entire day, and Here I am now writing this review. I dont get a buttery tuberose, more of white florals with stems, green, fruity and hints of ambery sweet warmth. Ahh, just like a perfect spring day, the clean air, the water, the gardens with flowers on top of warm soil and a beach beckoning for you just steps away.
The quality I would guess is in the middle, between too synthetic and niche or oil natural, yet the sillage is outrageous and so is the lasting power. But for the price, less then 20 bucks, what!!? This should be much more then that.
And yes, this is very Beverly Hills ala Alicia Silverstone in Clueless. Happy Heart, Optimistic, Absolutely Beautiful and Radiant, Full of Life!

Debra1
Debra1

I tried with this sent but it's just not me, I've been to California, it's So Very California, Plastic Materialistic, Pretentious, In Your Face and Lowd, Something Buffy the Bleached Blond Vampire Slayer Would Wear, Gag Me With A Spoon! How Vallie Girl Can You Get, For Sure!!! Give Me Something Earthy and Musky that Fit's a Down to Earth Brunette, Giorgio is Not For Me!!!

Croneangel

Hmmm.... bought a new bottle last year. Thought I had somehow missed this one "back in the day". It instantly brought back some jolting memories! Way too many women wore this. And almost every one of them overdid it!
I also was not impressed with the synthetic edge I kept smelling. So into the back of the cupboard it went! Then, a few months ago I purchased a "lot" of perfume bottles online. Tucked away in the bottom of that box was a vintage bottle of this concoction. WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT! More depth, more floral. And a dab will do. Much more than that would be considered overkill. I love my fragrances strong, but this one is extremely sweet!
Definitely give it a try. Keep an open mind. lol And go easy on the application!!! (you have been warned!)

kelleysmall
kelleysmall

I bought a small vintage bottle of the pure parfum the other day on eBay. I couldn't wait for it to arrive. Hello 1986!! *hearts* Hello you giant singing canary (in the words of Luca Turin)! A beautiful, sparkling and golden tuberose scent. I'd forgotten how much I loved it. Vintage is always the way to go. A cautionary note, though. Splash is better than spray as the fragrance can be loud as hell :D Just a small dab here and there. Or you could use spray and walk under it. Not for everybody but I think it's brilliant and I still love it. It does not suit everyone but on the right woman, it is a masterpiece.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

My reaction to this when sprayed is akin to the theatrical/movie vampire when one holds out the cross. It repels me in such a way I find it extremely difficult to make my dislike of it subtle.

I've tried many times to form a center of Zen when a woman wanted to try this when I was working at a perfumeria. I wanted to co-exist with it peacefully, I wanted to see which female would do it justice and change my perspective, I nearly begged for it. Something this popular must smell FREAKING FANTASTIC AND I'M MISSING OUT ON IT, right? I waited to see if any of those women would convince me of its beauty.

Such a person never arrived.

Now, I partly blame over-spray for my bad memories with it. Women would come and be like "OH GIORGIO! I LOVE THIS PERFUME!" and would go on to douse themselves hoping it would last them all night or sprayed it like if trying to put out a small fire on themselves or something(which is a big mistake pretty much with ANY perfume). The other part I blame the type of alcohol they use(d) to make it with.

Naturally, working where I did, all I ever got to smell were the sharp opening notes and alcohol. Therefore I missed out on the mythical "delicate, feminine, glamorous" dry downs. The fragrance was the scent version of Psycho's theme music to me, it was shrill and alarming to say the least.

Maybe now that people are trying to be subtle with perfumes, I might be able to finally appreciate Giorgio? Only time and chance will tell. I may have to seek it out myself. I shall post about this again sometime.

P.S. FruitDiet: Your review is PURE WIN lol

pipergirl
pipergirl

Oh, this fragrance is LOUD, lol. Sunbeams, lemony flowers and exuberant zest for life in a bottle. Giorgio is a one of a kind character - a bit pushy, quite in your face as a matter of fact, one light spray is plenty. I can't help but smile when I wear it.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

Whoa Spray at your own risk and the public at large!

This perfume falls under the "smells better in the bottle than on a human" category for me.
Alot ladies that have worn this in its hay day and it was very detectable too , no matter where you were you can tell someone was wearing Giorgio and it wasn the most pleasant of scent most of the time..
For me , I believe most of the women's that wore this , their body chemistry weren't compatible but I did know one lady that did wear this good and I had to complement sincerely to her and explain she was blessed with good chemistry , because Giorgio is difficult to pull off..

Thing is, this perfume is very strong in a bold animalic , patchouli and mosses to the 10th power way and with faint flowers put in just to remind you its a lady's perfume, but had more moss and patchouli combo that created and heavy loud musk, seeing the other notes I don't see why it wasn't more floral that went into this .
When I tried it on my skin, it was over powering and just not my style ,because it created a scent of a loud gum chewing hussy who plays Sheena Easton's song "My sugar walls " after days of frolic with randy boys all summer long without taking a bath and the drydown just made me smell like female Big Foot on the last week of mating season , so on me there wasn't a good success trying this perfume.

Dramatic perhaps?,
indeed, this perfume is just that type, loud, scandalous and all over the place that can become very obnoxious and creates allergic reactions since its very strong, this is why in the 1980's and mid 90's, people were taking people to court due to its scandalous aromatic powers and Giorgio was one of these in the line of lady perfumes creating unapologetic mayhem to the senses of the public at large, which change the world of perfume forever.

Personally I think it smells better by itself than on a person, only once smelled attractive on a lady, but its a picky perfume so buyer beware this fragrance when on the compatible body chemistry can be a strong animalic floral scent that will get you noticed or if incompatible will make you noticeable but very enormously obnoxious / "stink bomb" .

juicysweet24
juicysweet24

This is such an 80s classic! Surely Sue Ellen, and definitely Alexis were at their nastiest while wearing Giorgio?! I picture expensive cars and garden parties, and ladies with fancy hats. Big hats........and of course the shoulder pads. I always dress up when wearing this, otherwise it just doesn't seem right. I bought it for the nostalgia factor. It will turn heads....

AdrianB
AdrianB

Oh Giorgio, how I love thee.

One whiff of this, and I am reminded of being a teenager in the 80s. I am reminded of first love, of heartache & the butterfiles. I am reminded of Def Leppard, black stirrup pants, mall bangs & Paradise City.

I actually didn't have this, but I was constantly borrowing it from others.

I recently purchased a(reformulated, sadly) bottle of this and the weirdest thing....on my skin it disappears. Even other people can't smell it. So to enjoy Giorgio I have to apply it to my clothing (lightly) or it dies on me.

smoothshoperator
smoothshoperator

This is certainly a classic. I have an aunt who loves this and wears it well. Nice, rich, sweet floral, and heady. Certainly for a confident woman. Not a shy girl perfume. It is nice as long as you don't put on but a tad of it. Just like with White Diamonds, it can so easily be overdone to the point where you can't breath, so use gingerly. lol

Libran
Libran

This fragrance takes me back to the 80's, my Mum wore this and she smelt wonderful and vibrant. The overall effect is fresh and vivacious, not for the wall flower as this packs a punch and should be applied with a light hand. Very long lasting and powerful but has a smooth creaminess that softens it down. I love the white floral notes and the spice kick. I bought this to take a trip down memory lane and may buy some more for my Mum! Overall I love it and its complex layers. I always think of this as a classic, the fragrances of the 80's were made to have impact!

Eicher
Eicher

This is THE perfume from the 80's. My sister used it for years. Could not stand it at that time because of its very heavy and strong scent.

I would not purchase ever the initial Giorgio, but it's nice to know that it's still on market showing by this its greatness!

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

so this was another of my moms favorite. this is definately a dab perfume and not a spray on yourself perfume. it is very potent. that said i dabbed a little on my hand to test it today. its a vintage from the 80s. a little dab is all i needed to smell it even when my hand wasnt near my face. i get tuberose, gardenia, jasmine, with some creamy vanilla musk. i think it is very nice, but a little goes a long way. i think it may be a little too tuberose and gardenia for me personally, but its nice. somehow i get a little spice but i dont know from where. i imagine a bold woman, a feminie bold woman dressed in a bright yellow short dress. i think all the dislikes are just because of how strong the fragrance is, which is a shame.

jake.shouse

I like that this and Design smells alittle alike this more Woodsy Design is a lot sweeter I love both! They both wear so much alike yet so different also!

Iris_it
Iris_it

I discovered Giorgio in a perfume store : I did not smell it on the mouillette for the very first time but on a woman who had just entered the shop and I found it so charming and powerful that I had to make compliments and ask what fragrance it was !

A perfume store air is filled with fumes of every kind ... still Giorgio could stand out and cheerfully prevail . I like tuberose , I like intense perfumes . I am an 80's perfumes fan and ... I like Giorgio , of course . Happy to wear it ( the 80's formula ) !

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Many of us have our '80's stories of Giorgio Beverly Hills. When this was first introduced, I was working a fragrance counter, pushing Opium, Ralph Lauren, White Shoulders and Shalimar and other more staid perfumes. Whenever a woman wearing Giorgio would walk by, her perfume would preface her and she'd leave a trail behind her. Those of us working cosmetics would never wear the stuff on the floor, because of its enormous sillage and we'd quietly snicker about the customers that did. It was just that loud and it seemed no one explained to these ladies that "less is more". Unfortunately, the bad rap of Giorgio began.
This should never have been a spray-on perfume. Why they manufacture it this way is beyond me. This is a walk into the mist fragrance. Or dab a cotton ball that you've sprayed. It's overwhelming otherwise in its beauty. And it is truly beautiful, if you allow yourself to appreciate its fumes.
There are many conflicting strong notes here-florals, fruits, woods, musks and more. They all envelop you in a glorious perfume that's bright, cheerful and powerful. As far as the haters? I don't think they truly understand this concoction. If you close your eyes, breathe delicately, you can discern the sandalwood, the vanilla, the musk, the tuberose, the gardenia, the orchid, the jasmine, the rose, the ylang-ylang, the chamomile, the oakmoss and cedar in the drydown. Yes, there is a lot going on here. And when it's almost done? Vanilla and gentle musk. Who would have figured? And what a delight to be able to appreciate it all!
Now as far as who can wear this with chutzpah? The woman who doesn't give a rat's ass. The woman who wears black to a wedding. The woman who comes home at 6 a.m. to change for work. The woman that wears pearls with her jeans just to wear them. The woman that truly adores perfumes in all their variety. The woman with a mature sense of life.
After so many years, I'm delighted to wear this perfume. It's bursting with vivacity and happiness. I've forgotten my old perceptions and given Giorgio a new lease on life. I'm so glad I did. I'm enjoying every minute I wear it!

Sharyl
Sharyl

My husband once told me that he had been fond of Giorgio in the 80s. "Wow, honey, I didn't take you for a tuberose man," I might have said, if there was any chance he'd know what I was talking about. (I barely know what I'm talking about.) I never wore it myself, but I remembered liking it well enough, so when I saw a small bottle at Marshall's for $9.99 (well under my self-imposed maximum allowed amount for blind or nostalgic purchases), I picked it up.

I thought I had remembered it accurately, and to a point, I had. It still packed that 80s punch, but what I hadn't remembered--and what took me completely by surprise--is how dang CHEERFUL this stuff is. I broke out into a grin as soon as I sprayed it on. It's completely appropriate that the juice is yellow, because this stuff is sunshine in a bottle.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Lot of haters here and I can understand how negative associations can do this. I am fortunate enough to have no such bad Giorgio experiences and I find this to be a lovely perfume. It's very flowery with a sunny, ripe peach smell and a creamy sandalwood, amber, vanilla drydown. Fabulous sillage and longevity. The only downside is that there can be something vaguely synthetic about it. Mostly though, it's just good. I wear it every few days when I'm craving a perfume that really delivers an entire day of fabulousness.
While I find it to be strong, I haven't experienced it as anything overwhelming or offensive. I've got teenagers and I'm pretty sure they would let me know if I wore anything remotely offensive.
I've seen a 50 ml bottle on sale at TJ MAxx for $7 dollars making it the best value in fragrance I think I've ever seen.

jpbill
jpbill

so, iam a guy , 25 years old. I love this fragrance and made a test. I wanted to go to a party with a few friends and used Giorgio. (Not too much) The only thing i heared the entire night was: Oh you smell so good, so woody, what fragrance do you wearing?
;) so funny

boruvka44
boruvka44

I like it. It´s synthetic through and through, but it´s ok, cause scented laundry starch and fabric softeners are too, well some of them, and that´s what G smells like to me. Clean bedings washed in white flowers softener and scented starch.
My hungarian aunt must have formed my perfume taste, or we share it, cuase i´m all into the same style of perfumes she wore when my sister and I were staying for summer holiday at their house as little girls.
My sister calls it the wh.re style, I call it stylish :D

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

So many dislikes for this fragrance!!! I was not prejudiced against Georgio before reading the reviews since it never was a big hit in France and I had never heard of it before. Anyway I really expected something awful, outdated and unwearable...
I tested it today. Yes, this is a brash and potent fragrance, a white and yellow flower bomb with creamy tuberose, gardenia, medicinal ylang-ylang, sweet and juicy fruit notes. But nothing nasty at all! It smells like a rich golden nectar.
Not exactly what I enjoy wearing at the moment but I don't understand all the hate for that perfume. A great classic in my opinion!

jake.shouse

I love Giorgio a lot it is one of my all time Favorites their are a lot of people who hate this perfume I think it is the best Rose scent ever such a clean and lovely smell and people who don't like this it is very heavy so I understand some people seeing this alittle out dated or too strong but when I wear this I feel so rich it smells so rich.. Liquid Gold!

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I love this fragrance! It reminds of Michael Jackson during his Thriller/Bad days - truly magical to the senses - the combination of THAT music and THAT perfume.

freddinos
freddinos

The review is for the vintage version in the 'Parfum Extraordinaire' strength (I'm guessing something similar to extrait de parfum?)
What a lovely 80s bomb this is! I wanted to try it so badly, and upon applying it I realised I knew it already so well!
We are in the mid 80s, in a small town whose female inhabitants do not want to be left behind the novelties in fashion and beauty that are advertised in glossy magazines and are coming to us straight from France or the US. Three of these ladies are my mum and her two friends, who live in the same building as us. My mum is a Poison wearer, the one of the other ladies prefers Paris and the third loves Giorgio! Needless to say that I now realize how the perfumes these women preferred reflected their personalities! Stella, the 80s powerwoman with permed hair and shoulderpads who wore Giorgio was the most fun! Always on top of fashion, always laughing, always with lots of make up on and big hair. To my little eyes she was so cool! I can still remember her perfume, a strong floral aroma of tuberose and gardenias. The vintage juice I applied today is exactly the same, I am amazed! Strong, happy, a bit nosy and loud but lovable!
Overall, I could never say I dislike Giorgio (or Poison or Paris for that matter). I was lucky enough to associate all these classics with women of my childhood, that I now realize were an inspiration for my life as an adult. Women who were daring enough to wear strong, powerful perfumes like Giorgio subconsciously taught me that there's nothing wrong in being recognised by the trail of fragrance you leave in the lobby of your building, even if you left an hour ago!
A perfume for the opposite of shy, wear it with a smile and a positive attitude:)

LaureAndTy
LaureAndTy

I loooooooooooove GIORGIO!!! While I did not have the honor of growing up in the 80's, I was born in the 80's and remember my mother wearing this. I was just a child then, but I can still associate my childhood with this fragrance. I love it so much, I begged my mom to get me a bottle of this for my b-day during my 7th grade year. Yep! 7th grade! I didn't care what kids would say about it being "an old lady fragrance", I loved it anyway. I also loved Coty's "Ghost Myst" which I had a bottle of in the 6th grade. Anyone remember that one?? These fragrances are definitely timeless ones and ones you can spray, and have some pretty cool memories come flooding back to you!!

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Simply put, I wear what I like and no, I don't give a fat rat's ankle what people think about it. I never called a scent "old lady" or "dead lady". To me, a scent is what it is. When any scent came out, it was first loved and worn by young women, not old. People continue wearing the scent as they grow older. Because of this, I always viewed scents like this as "timeless". I love this scent and wore it for many years since I was teenager until it was taken off the market for a while. People would say, "you smell sooo good!" and ask, "what are you wearing?" Their eyes would widen in surprise when I told them it was Giorgio. They would say,"no way, it doesn't smell like that on me or all the women I know". I would have to pull the bottle out of my purse to show them. As with every scent, it's all about chemistry.

Back in the day, almost every woman wore this whether it suited their chemistry or not. Why? Because it was a status symbol. It was ALL about status. That and over-spraying gave this beautiful scent a bad rap.

Fast forward to the present, I saw a bottle of this while shopping during the week. I hadn't worn it in years, so I decided to pick up a bottle. It's now way less expensive. I wore this to work yesterday and got so many compliments on it. When asked what I was wearing, I told them and got the same response as I did years ago. Yep, you guessed it, I had to pull the bottle out of my purse to show them.

Some things don't change!

jake.shouse

This does smell like a rich person it doesn't smell cheap at all I really love it I need too wear mine more! I love it!

surfergirlpuppy
surfergirlpuppy

Bright, crisp & lively modern scent. If you could bottle wealth& sunshine in a bottle, this is it. Not for the faint of heart. The smell of a confident young woman with lots of energy. The mix of notes together smells like flowers, money and tanning oil.

jake.shouse

I don't think this scent is that sweet I really like the smell of this it mimics Design.... They smell the same but Giorgio on me the dry down I get more Oak moss with Design I just smelled super sweet all day still like both!

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

This is one of the huge fragrances of the 80's. It was always super sweet smelling. It wasn't my favorite back then and probably wouldn't be now. I do appreciate more sweet scents now than I did back then though. I still think there would be something about this I just wouldn't like. And I haven't come across it is ages. For anyone who likes super sweet scents though, this would be worth a try.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

My mom and her sister graduated to Giorgio after years of wearing L'air du Temps. It was glamorous, upbeat, special, and from Beverly Hills, after all! To boot, it smelled really good.

One spritz and we could smell it outside, and my dad would always say "Alright already...WHO is wearing perfume?" each and every time my mom would put on a tiny spray with most of it going over her left shoulder.

This perfume, more than any other, brings me back to the 80's and sitting under the dogwood tree in the front yard where the living was easy.

Long live Georgio Beverly Hills. :)

kylieb8
kylieb8

This is a signature fragrance for a friend of mine (as a matter of fact, I just brought her a gift pack for her birthday) I love this on her. Unfortunately it gives me a headache when I have tried it in the past. I'll just have to love this one from afar.

Riny
Riny

CadeJ1988 what a wonderful review ! I feel exactly the same way about Giorgio ;)

mammacat57
mammacat57

Always loved this perfume and found it again a few months ago. Smells great on me, but I find it is really strong, and I really limit where I will wear this as I worry about offending others or aggravating symptoms in those with respiratory problems. I myself have asthma and have had my share of reacting to heavy scents worn by others, so I am really careful about over-scenting and usually try not to wear most perfumes when I'm going to be at an event where I am in a confined space with others--for example while travelling, at plays and concerts, etc. With Giorgio, although the scent is dear to my heart, this is one perfume where I give it a light spritz in the air and then walk under it!

Lakambini
Lakambini

This has only positive associations for me. It was my late sister's signature scent in the 80s and early 90s. I know she must have saved up every penny to buy those bottles, as they were not cheap. To me, this is the fragrance of giddy joy, of unbounded creativity, of possibility. Because we were so young and (in hindsight) innocent in those days, I would even call this a youthful, raw and spontaneous fragrance, despite the endless string of iterations during its now-legendary construction process.

On me, it opens with a bitter punch of oakmoss and mashed flowers, and in this (comparatively) restrained stage, you must resist the urge to respray. Within 10-15 minutes Giorgio morphs into the lush, sensual scent bomb that everyone talks about. Magnificent sillage too. I have to wear it as far from my face as I can, because it gives me eye migraines. Although composed of pushy white florals (the Gang of Four -- you know who you are!!), I'll always associate this frag with the color yellow: exuberant, singing, and slightly hysterical. Really, this perfume should have been called "Gioia."

No one I know wears it today. I put it on every once in a while, when I need a major lift.

Alla89
Alla89

I don't know but there's something in this perfume that makes me heve nausea... I really can't stand it. And I really tried to like it, and wear it, to see if it changes (since it was a blind purchase!) I really regret it.... plus I bought the 90ml bottle :( What a shame... I'm never gonna buy anything like that again.

merilu59
merilu59

dopo tanti anni riesce a stupirmi

goingblonde
goingblonde

I won this in a giveaway and was happy to be able to try it .
I read the reviews about how over powering it is, and real glad I did because my very small spritz lasted the whole afternoon and evening .
This is by far the most potent perfume I have tried as of yet.

It really took me back to the 80's and I truly enjoyed that.

I had visions of Joan Collins as the Queen of night time soaps Alexis Carrington as I imagine this would be the scent trail she left behind everywhere she went .
I also imgained this is what a character in the Dominick Dunne novel "People Like Us" would wear if she were real.
Old Money , not a thing to do but shop, dine and host parties all the while smelling of Giorgio -
Having said all that sorry for rambling-

lots of Tuberose, Gardenia , Jasmine big bold and un-relenting .

I will enjoy it every now and then when I want to escape back to the long gone 80's . :-)
Im really happy to own it :)

samloves
samloves

This is a perfume for a confident woman. Very flowery & fresh, I like it. It makes me think of summer. Very strong and long lasting. Great price too.

AngelaChase
AngelaChase

WHY there are so many negative reviews is beyond me! This is my signature scent and I know why...”Giorgio enters a room before you do, to announce your arrival, and stays in the room long after you have left, to keep the haters quiet”!
This is a magical, beautiful, strong perfume that bleeds Class, Money, Power and lifestyle, every time you wear it! The biggest hater of this perfume will always admit (Despite how hard it may be for them to admit it ha ha) that it smells good on you when you walk past! So that in itself, tells you what a great perfume this is!
“It never smells that good on me” is a very common answer after knowing what you’re wearing!
This is not your normal, boring, everyday, rose, ylang ylang, vanilla infused rubbish that we are bombarded with everyday from stale, weak, none-artistic perfumes to keep the mainstream wannabes happy, so they don’t have to step out of their boxes and be judged for being different!
NEVER smell the tester to this perfume, as it’s been sitting on the shelf for years and has gone bad...ask a staff member to open a new box so you can really smell this perfume for the classic art it really is!
Think of “Karen Walker” from “Will & Grace” or “Ling Woo” From “Ally Mcbeal”, and THAT’S what this perfume represents! Strong individuals who own a room when they enter it and never have to say one word or even make eye contact with one single person to let everyone know they are here!
I get told I smell really great EVERY TIME I wear this and I do mean...EVERY SINGLE TIME! From both men and women, in every situation!
Although this is a toilette, it’s very strong, even stronger than most actual perfumes are! So on dry skin types, this toilette can last up to 8 hours on your skin and 3 whole days on your clothing! On moist skin types, it can last up to 4 to 6 hours, and again, 3 whole days on your clothing!
Even after you have done something physical to make yourself sweat, like the gym...it still comes off you as if you just sprayed it on yourself...talk about strong game play!
I highly recommend next time you’re at the store to spray a new bottle on both wrists and leave it on...smell it throughout the day and see what you get from it and what people around you say!
This toilette does not show different notes throughout it’s time on your skin because it’s a burst of all different notes, that combine as one single scent that stays that way for as long as you have it on. Hence why it’s a signature scent that everyone will recognise on you, every time you are around!

leeleeB
leeleeB

I wore this faithfully back then.... My signature scent!! That is when I could only really afford one perfume at a time LOL. The joy was spraying lots on, and no one worried about offending anyone's olfactory nerves. That was good perfume wearing.

lolitajade
lolitajade

In the 80's I bathed in the stuff. The stronger the perfume, the better back then :) :)

Now...... spray into the air and walk through. Makes a lovely Summer's night out fragrance.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Holy Schiff, this is one strong perfume!

I don't know about vintage versions, but the current formula generates various associations immediately. Within the digestible realm, that opening blast of sweetness takes to a weird red-berry cough syrup I was given as a kid, something that made your stomach turn and just added to whatever ill symptoms were suffered. This passes in a couple of minutes, and fruit notes begin to take form, namely pineapple and purple grapes. The grape note is overpowering. I'm surprised it isn't mentioned more often. There's another acidic component with a sour, buttery edge, and that's the edible facet that reminds me of pineapple. These notes intertwine and rally in a very eighties-styled, meaty-fresh tuberose. So many things to touch on in that tuberose note! It's slightly natural, mostly synthetic, but comprised of a modern waffling act between repulsive and fresh. Incredible.

My more comparative association is with the bright, fruity sweetness of Joop! Homme's opening. I'm not saying Joop! smells like Giorgio, because these two perfumes have almost nothing in common structurally, except they're both hugely bombastic and use fruity-soapy top notes to usher in interesting white floral arrangements. With Joop!, the orange blossom and jasmine are under-appreciated, almost completely ignored by reviewers, but I've always felt that the subtle, streamlined integration of those floral notes was what saved Joop! from banality and made it great.

Giorgio's florals are not nearly as subtle, and its opening isn't the cherry-red display of Joop!, but the overall intent and effect is the same here. It's mainly tuberose in the heart, with hints of peach, jasmine, and sandalwood (unfortunately synthetic of course), and the tuberose note is multi-dimensional, vibrant, very floral, sometimes vegetal, sometimes indolic and overripe. Occasionally it gets sweet. From a distance, Giorgio probably resembles little more than a sweet breeze, but up close it's a microcosm of deliciously fluttering things. It gets a bit thinner and loses complexity in the far drydown, but remnants of grape, peach, tuberose, and amber remain.

Giorgio is a sexy perfume. This is what I expected Tom Ford Black Orchid to smell like (and it didn't), and something about Giorgio turns me on. I want to know a woman who wears this, regularly, in just the right dose, and I want her to also favor avant-garde French cinema from the sixties and Tamara de Lempicka paintings. Ultimately very eighties, very velvety-purple with heavy fruity-grapey overtones, but all the same alluring and irresistible to anyone with a pulse.

Cinlee
Cinlee

I first smelled this on my GP, it smelt lovely so I rushed out and bought a bottle. Oh how disappointed was I when the smell was nothing the same when on me. For myself i say no to this perfume, but on others, especially dark haired women it smells great.

wjones35
wjones35

When I was younger, I spent my summer vacations in Texas with my aunt. Best summers of my life. She worked in a flower shop at the time, and this particular day I went with her. The owner walked in to pick up an order, and she was wearing the most beautiful scent I had ever smelled. After she left, I asked my aunt "what perfume was she wearing?" She told me Giorgio. My love started then and there. I never got that smell out of my mind the rest of my summer. When the magazine came out with the strip I bought it. Who cared about the magazine, I had my strip. I kept it till it was gone. Then one day I received an envelope from aunt. My cousin stopped at a fragrance counter and purchased a small vial of Giorgio for me. I died then and there. It was my "special" fragrance. Only used for those times when I felt my other fragrances wouldn't do. I always got, and still do, somewhat offended about the bad reviews for this. If I pay good money, and I do now, for a fragrance, I want to smell it. To me nothing puts a smile on my face quicker than a beautiful perfume scent. Giorgio does this for me. Yes, it only takes a pinch, but what a beautiful reward. If you like a fragrance, no matter the review, and it puts that smile on your face when you smell it, wear it. And I'm wearing my Giorgio right now.

Pitchlara
Pitchlara

I'm sure many people have their own special stories about this perfume. Like Poison from Dior, this was a strong 'ban' perfume in the bubble era.
At that time I was using this, this smell was everywhere at night clubs and discos, shopping malls etc. I liked it a lot, but one spicy ingredient (not sure what exactly) was actually not well matched with tube rose or florals and being end up with very strange, unpleasant 'woodchip at construction site" smell like (!) after effect. Of course, it might be such on me only. My then-boyfriend liked this perfume, too. Once he was out of town on business, the smell hit him at some boutique and made him missing me very much so came back to see me the very night. It was my "Je Reviens" :) But now he's gone and so as this perfume. Besides the strange after-smell, the memory of this perfume is still sweet enough.

I have a long and lovely history with Giorgio Beverly Hills. I had a bottle in 1984 and let my sister have one of my bottles. It became her signature and I could find her anywhere in a crowd. Yeah, I understand it was banned in some restaurants. To say it was strong is an understatement. Anyone who had a bottle used and abused this giant perfume. You couldnt help it! One drop could fill a room.

It is pure luxury in a bottle that in its time was unmistakeable, right down to the iconic bottle. Big bold bright white florals take center stage and hang around for hours, even days. This does not wash off in a quick shower. Hence, you could apply a few drops every day and it adopted your chemistry. It became the scent of a generation.

It became a symbol of American status all over the world. People lined up from London, Paris, Rome and Tokyo to get a coveted bottle of California's liquid gold rush. It was in my life for about 20 years and then it suddenly disappeared. I stashed my large bottle away, thinking it outdated.

My sister announced she had seen it in drug stores a few years ago at a really cheap price. We bought a bottle just to compare it to the original. Honestly, Primo does a better job than EA fragrances with this bad imposter. It lacks the depth of the original. The florals seems plastic. The notes are disconnected and it is a hollow shell of the original.

I guess GBH is symbolic of US culture. We have dumped quality perfume for synthetic celebrity chemicals. Real music has been replaced with vulgar teen pop. TV has become a reality wasteland. Fashion is tacky and aimed at 21 year olds. Just my opinion.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I agree with the Paul Sebastian Design similarity, although Design is a bit fresher. Giorgio is a less-refined Paul Sebastian Design, but I like it more.

I don't think it is dated. I can wear this at the tropics, in very high humidity. That being said, I am never one to spritz lavishly----I usually just dab. With a very little amount, it is heavenly. Beautiful sunny floral---cheerful and vibrant.

Very happy with Lakambini's generous decant. This prompted me to buy Giorgio Red. Floral heaven.

Daisydukes
Daisydukes

I really like this one... Not a love but a like. I don't have anything new to add in a review except that this one should be applied with a q tip or cotton ball.
I think it is hated because of the strength.

I spray the end of a q-tip once and touch the q tip to my skin. In this way I find it to be a sunny happy scent.

More is not always more. This one could be very sneezy if worn near the face or sprayed directly on the skin.

OK, now for an opinion from a Californian who did not grow up with this perfume and never smelled it until she was an adult, so I am not biased from memories of my youth. I'm sure the notes are toned-down as compared to how they might have been 30 years ago...but I think this smells a lot like shampoo or a nice glycerine soap. It's a clean scent with strong tuberose and a slightly translucent greenish quality. It doesn't make me think of California, although I realize with a name like "Giorgio Beverly Hills" it would be easy to associate it with Hollywood glamour. I can see why so many people love it. Yet I can see why many others might find it revolting. Far more people voted "dislike" on this site than "like" or "love." While it's alright, I think it has ultimately found its rightful home in the $10 section of the discount stores.

joliecat
joliecat

If you love fruity floral scents, you would love Giorgio. The fruits are very strong, blended with lovely florals, A bit of soft sweet musk, gentle touches of patchouli and oakmoss are added to give this fragrance extremely long lasting power. The rich fruits are strongly present throughout the drydown. A very little goes a long, long way, so no need to overspray. This beauty is one of the longest lasting perfumes still available today. It's a great bargain, too !

celebrity89
celebrity89

There is a little rough raspy note to this, not unlike Madonna Truth or Dare. I still love this and not just for the nostalgia factor.

The other day, an older rich woman was wearing this and I trailed her, admiring the beautiful, unmistakable scent.

keels
keels

Very Strong when first sprayed but when it settles it leaves what i think is a beautiful scent. You dont need much just 1 or 2 sprays so the bottle will last. Also the scent lasts forever your body and clothes. I can still smell it after a night out waking up in the same clothes! So for me this is great as I hate paying so much money for something that I have to keep reapplying through out the day.
I find this works well with my body. Also I get alot of compliments from men when I wear this.
When I first met my now fiance he loved my perfume and he drove him crazy when it lingered on his pillow and sheets for days. The smell of me staying around made him want to see me more!

passionata20
passionata20

03. november 2012

It get´s lyrical.
I come from former USSR and anyone who lived during soviet era knows how we lacked everything. Western perfume was an incredible treasure but i can´t actually remeber this one beig used in 80´s by soviet women. Those were mostly Paloma Picasso, Magie Noire, Poison, Madame Rochas and Paris. This fragrance takes me back to the beginnig of the era of early 90´s, when Soviet Union collapsed. The era of first Cosmopolitan, printed in russian language (1994 if memory serves me right), the first glimpse of the glamour of recently unreachable western lifestyle. Glossy pages filled with beautiful adverts (you might find it silly for me to admire this, but we didn´t have this at all, it was sooooo different) and scented strips of "Giorgio" on an advertising with a woman smiling wide and having incredibly white teeth. Bright yellow stripes, palms, and vision of happinies! Back then the smell was nothing i have experienced yet. Most of what i could use was some cheap polish "underground" scents, which i, as a little girl, would treasure for years until they get spoiled. That was a sunshine in a bottle, i loved to smell those scented strips, even long time after they all have been evaporated. It was soo sweet, bright and sunny. I didn´t find it to be overwhelming or heavy (at least on that paper). Of course i couldn´t afford to buy any of it back then. Then it has dissapeared from the shelves. It was an era of CKone (never liked that one), but the memory of "Giorgio" never left me, that bright smile, that essence of happinies, that amazing complex smell!!! How i longed to have it. Then almost 15 years later i have discovered it again in the tax free shops. Oh, i was overwhelemed with emotions! This is it! The essence of happinies, the essence of the luxury and carefree western lifestyle! I have tried it and it wasn´t the same! the years of financial crisis must have washed away that happinies, it has now became dusty ghost of what it used to be. That lady on the advertising is now 20 years older, i bet her life is not that carefree anymore. All i could smell was a dusty tuberose, which is defintly not a joy. I left it, unknown of the reformulations at that time.

This summer i finally saw it on a local trading site in EDT and decided to give it another try. And it happend to be the original vintage formula! OH, GLORY DAYS! Can you imagine my joy, when i have smelled that again. I remember i was instantly brought back to those early 90´s days and i smiled as wide as that lady on the advertising! This is it! Back then i didn´t know nothing about olfactory groups or notes, i only knew if i like or dislike a fragrance. And i liked this one very much. It is rich, heavy, sexy, bright and outstanding. Tuberose, gardenia, peach, rose ylang-ylang and musk! Yes, please, i´ll take them all! I want to radiate joy and share the scent of this beautiful creation with a lot of people and don´t think i am trying to offend you with this smell! NO! I´m shareing the happinies stop being so offended by it, look deeper! This girl here wants to feel happy and carefree again and i´ll feel that way everytime i wear it! Yellow stripes come alive and take me back to those early 90´s when everything was soooo different then for the russian girl. The world was ready to be discovered. I´m still half way there.
I also have a tiny 7,5ml bottle of pure parfume which is one of the most precious items in my collection and all i can say: it can´t get better than that! More intense, ONE drop will last for days! It is still heavy on the tuberose, but i feel that the peach is more concentrated here and thatś why it is even smoother than the EDT. Gosh, i got very emotional, and have tears in my eyes now, literally! Tears of joy!

This review was for vintage formula. Sadly i am not impressed by the modern version, though it is still nice, but a shadow of what it used to be. I can´t get over that "dusty" smell somehow in the modern version.

nastyamason
nastyamason

I loved G by Giorgio Beverly Hills, so I thought I will at least like this. No, it was too strong, too outdated, too unpleasant. I could not wear it. The only time I tried it I was embarrassed to smell like this. Definitely no.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I don`t understand why everyone are so scared and horrified by this innocent perfume.

To me it smells soapy, sweet, creamy and powdery from mostly peaches, oranges, vanilla and chamomile. I smell way more fruits than flowers, I get only a tiny bit of jasmine and tuberose.
Some say it smells like sunshine, and I agree, it`s a very happy and also clean scent. Very feminine, nothing unisex here at all. I don`t think of it as a fragrance especially for "mature" women either, no, it would suit women of all ages.

Perhaps this was a monster back in the days, but todays version is nothing to fear at all.

My husband also likes this btw, it seems like men have a soft spot for Giorgio.

And it´s very inexpensive!

Anmo
Anmo

Again, some 'fragrance supremacists' think that middle easterns wear certain scents better than others. Hilarious. That applies to blue eyed, pale middle easterns like Assad too ? Hahaha, Assad smelling of Giorgio, brilliant !
Middle easterns are technically Caucasian and not very different to the average Spanish/Georgian/Armenian/whatever person for example.
Fragrance has nothing to do with genetics/ethnicity it depends on individual chemistry and taste, it might smell different on members of same family.
As for Giorgio, i'm really looking forward to try the original, i have the recent 'Eau' version which is surprisingly tolerable and silky smelling.

musictwig
musictwig

I felt like I was rich when I wore this. I was probably bowling people over when I walked in the room!

ninaboo
ninaboo

WOW. This is the 80-90's encapsulated in a bottle!
Pretty Woman.
Shoulder pads.
This screams 'LOOK AT ME B*TCHES' I'VE F*CKING MADE IT'.

Not for the faint hearted.

A very nouveau riche scent. Bold, brassy, JOYFUL and very CALIFORNIA late 80s -90s :).

Edit:
My brother who has good taste said it smells really sophisticated.
As with all perfumes it does boil down to chemistry and I think people with middle eastern heritage can pull off 'sillage monsters' more easily than those of paler complexions- not sure why. I think it's because darker skin tends to be drier, it 'drinks' perfumes up a bit more.

Migalex
Migalex

Here is a scent very but very synthetically artificial. I cannot almost associate it with any natural thing. If I think of it, I can sort of see some relation to the scent of canned pinnaples, but not very close. Lots of people seem to despise Giorgio scents these days, in part, I think, because they are cheap and the brand is no longer cool in the fashion world. I do not know what happened to it, but I assume it just vanished. Today these fragrances are marketed by Elizabeth Arden, to whom I am really thankful for selling quite nices fragrances for affordable prices. I do appreciate practically all Giorgio scents I know - actually, in my profile I say that Giorgio for men is my signature scent, because I do wear it quite often, because I do like its sweetness, its staying power, silage, and also because it is quite cheap. I also wear red for men, and do like it a lot, and also like a lot red and wings for women. I do not appreciate that much Giorgio for women. Sometimes I do like it, sometimes I do not, but in general I do not think it is a great scent anyway. Although once I had sprayed it and several other scents on my arms and forgotten about it, I got myself wondering, later on, what was that so nice scent I was smelling. And it was Giorgio. But really, I am not that fond of it, although I think it does make a statement and I like that. I got a big bottle because it was cheap and mostly for the massive silage, because I also like that, and I am keeping it. Giorgio's fate shows, I think, how much what many people like or say they like is to do with fashion and brand status and what is thought to be cool. This scent was once hugely popular, at the height of its brand's succes in the fashion world. Once the brand lost its forgotten status and became virtually unknown to most people, it is considered tacky and horrible by many people. I am sure that were Giorgio still considered a glamorous brand, lots of people, including knowledgeable and influential experts, would be claiming, probably screaming, that it is an awesome masterpiece.

prudenceliquorice
prudenceliquorice

I finally bought my own bottle of this, having stolen a bit of my Mum's every now and them over the last 20 years. It is *incredibly* heavy, and perhaps one that you should buy for a friend to wear when with you rather than wearing it yourself (and therefore being unable to escape it.)
I would have expected my Mum's vintage bottle to be stronger than my new one, but its the other way round. Reformulation? Or do I have to put it at the back of a cupboard for a couple of decades before I can wear it? I'm going to try spraying one spray onto clean laundry while it's on the line, and hoping it has reached a tolerable level by the time I wear the clothes. Fingers crossed that it works, because once it has calmed down this is the queen of gardenia fragrances.

Lumiere

I took the risk and sprayed my inner wrist today at the chemist store. Wow! Just thta one spray stays and stays-5 hours and still is so strong. It is lush floral, with all sorts of flowers, a little tangy, i can imagine carnation. I did not get a chance to try all these 80s big perfumes-I could only remember stylish women who were wearing them, and until now I see these beautiful classics as most elegant and desired perfumes. I do not associate them woth old ladies, but rather with stylish and elegant ones, those who know how to carry themselves, and that flowers, this wonder of nature, is the best schent that a woman would like to resemble.What is not to like about florals? Like delicate brooch on a jacket, or necklace that finishes the outfit, so florals are the finishing touch to the image a femme wants to show to the world. I do not need to buy another perfume as I have far too many. I hate to think i can not resist to buy this one though.

elizabethari
elizabethari

Yeah, yeah, yeah--Giorgio's out of style. I know this. But, I don't care! This is the most unabashedly *happy* fragrance. Ever! Giorgio is honest, she is a powerful scent that doesn't give a crap whether you like her, or not. She's gonna shine on anyway. When applied lightly, this is SUCH a charming smell. I'm 32 and Giorgio is my favorite perfume and has been since I was 20. No, it's not quiet, nor does it wear fantastically on everybody, but it does on me. And, do I ever love this stuff. Wear what makes you happy, that's the point of personal fragrance! And if you're an oddball perfume junkie like me, let your freak flag fly! ;)

B.Blackheart
B.Blackheart

At one time, so many women wore this or the Designer Imposter version that you could smell nothing else. Or maybe it was just one woman.

suhaesa
suhaesa

its a beautiful happy fragrance..its so bright and uplifting it reminds me of endless summer nights..i believe its one of the best american perfumes made in the last 100 years..it holds a position of its own ..unique, characteristic,confident and very happy..it also reminds me of the 80 social life, and endless parties and true friendships ..its a classy scent that is so cosmopolitan in nature..giorgio Beverly hills is one of a kind ..i like it a lot ..its a signature fragrance.. it will stand the test of time and will be among all time legends ..a must have for all perfume collectors and lovers..

rating 4.3 out 5

cleopatrspearl
cleopatrspearl

this perfume makes me literally sick to my stomach! very overpowering and suffocating!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Yes I have this, Yes it's obnoxious, Yes it's a love or hate fragrance, Yes it's an 80's bomb, Yes i'm only 25 and Yes I love it and will wear it.

Update: Yes this is extremely loud, I sprayed twice, what the hell was I thinking. I've learnt my lesson: only one spray.

kayelund
kayelund

My first BIG frag thirty years ago...loved it then...love it now...thanks EA for preserving this over-the-top gal!

crikat
crikat

Giorgio was one of my first experiments into the world of perfume as a young twentysomething. I LOVED Giorgio and it loved me, drying down into something bright but creamy. It had awesome sillage, definitely a juice to be spritzed in the air, once, and walked through. But I just loved it back in the early '80's. Understand the reformulation gods have had their way with it, so I think I'll leave this one to memory...

urabrisa
urabrisa

En mi piel es lo de lo más horroroso, pero os podéis creer que se la regalé a mi madre(para no tirarla) y para ella se ha convertido en su seña de identidad, le queda fina y elegante, con tonos cítricos y a la vez florales, una delicia.

Lumiere

I caught wiffs of it in the office. As I always do, i asked what is the scent. I felt spices, carnation, orchid. It is more interesting than what I thought it would be. May be my next drugstore treasure buy.

benzippo

Came across a new bottle of Giorgio by EA ( the present owner) recently and was skeptical as am sure it has been re-formulated but to what extent, am not certain though as the former owner, P & G Prestige, did not do a very good job in maintaning the qualities of the original vintage juice especially in the sillage and longevity departments.

Since the price is so reasonable, I couldn't resist and got myself a bottle and boy, I am indeed pleasantly suprised!!!

The new juice retained its sillage, longevity and maybe a just little less intense in the initial presence burst but nevertheless, it is unmistakenly, very much similar to the vintage Giorgio juice!!!

Even though it is very strong for as compared to most present day offerings, I am so pleased tha I am still able to savor this beautiful fragrance just as I remembered it which is of course, a very very rare treat nowadays indeed as many vintage fragrances has been re-formulated to such pathetic watered down -versions of their former glorious self to the verge of plain disgust to me!!!.

To the Elizebeth Arden team, thank you for doing such a great job on this.

Sugarscent
Sugarscent

UGH. Migraine in a bottle. Bad memories of unbathed grandmother who splashed this on to cover her ripe self.

I honestly love many of the newer scents from this fragrance genius!

pearl.pleasant
pearl.pleasant

i love it one of my favorite fragrances:)

sweetviolet
sweetviolet

I loved and used this throughout the 80's and early 90's. It was the top selling fragrance back then and evoked elegance. Heavy makeup, lipstick and big hair oh yes and fun of the 80's!! I recieved tons of compliments on this one so strong in character and bold is this fine fragrance. Now 2012 and it tends to give me a headache I still want to love this perfume it lasts forever. But find it a bit to strong. However Georgio will always be in my mind at least. She's has alot of good memories tied to her.
PS. Men love this fragrance. Or at least back then!

Debshee
Debshee

I used to smoke when I wore it. But after a while, it was too strong for me despite my reduced sense of smell. Giorgio and Givenchy definitely give you your money's worth but using a regular atomizer is too much for their fragrances. A dipper might make them bearable but I suspect most wearers are smokers or nearly asnosmic.

Ladyofthe80s
Ladyofthe80s

JB78, LOVE YOUR REVIEW!! I could not have said it any better. I totally agree!! I too wore Giorgio Beverly Hills back in the 80's and 90's and received oh so many wonderful compliments. This fragrance rocked my world!! Beautiful, bold, gorgeous!! I'm considering purchasing another bottle soon, as I have not worn this in a long time. Don't care if its considered "outdated" in other's opinions, and like JB78, that's the very reason I love the older, more vintage perfumes. They have class and character. Why be like everyone else? I have my OWN style and preferences, and I don't "go with the flow" in any sense. I left my heart back in the 80's and I too would love to magically wake up some morning trasported back to an era where life was fun, zaney, and carefree!!

larali

I've learned to wear this perfume. It works as a summer, casual T-shirt frag for me, and on my skin it smells really good, to be honest. I believe it's the oakmoss that stands out and makes this scent so unique through all the flowers. It is the one I reach for when I need a boost of energy in the morning, but I'm not sure yet if I will buy a bottle when my mini runs out...

Judging by all of the splendid reviews which GIORGIO has inspired--whether positive or negative--it must be a great perfume! I finally tried it this afternoon for the very first time. I acquired a coffret on sale at CVS a while back out of curiosity and I had a bath on the horizon, so I figured, why not?

My first reaction was: not bad at all! A nice fluffy yellowish quasi-mimosa-dusted tuberose. How could this be the source of so much strife and contention? I wondered. The anecdotes in the below reviews beckoned me, so I began to read, and by the time I got about half way through, it hit me like a ton of bricks: "It" being the dreaded EA vat-juice headache. The perfume kept expanding and expanding until suddenly I realized that my bath could not wait any longer.

I'll try GIORGIO again--at a yet to be scheduled date in the future (definitely a full bath day...)--using half the amount I sprayed on this afternoon, and see whether it goes any better that way...

deesy

This is definitely the most offensive Fragrance EVER produced. Most nauseating fragrance I have ever smelt. This is a HEADACHE in a bottle. The sharpness and boldness is way to overpowering. I recently when to a coffee shop for breakfast and within 5 minutes of sitting down a couple of ladies walked in and past the table, one wearing Giorgio. They sat at least 8 tables away, scent was so strong it was wafting over to our table. So offensive I had to leave as it was making me feel sick. This needs to be removed from the marketplace. How can anyone think this smells good.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

::Review is for the EdT (Is there a EdP? I don't know! But trust me, there is no need for a EdP this baby is enough!)::

Besides the 80s persona of this scent and the fact that it's a 'power-house' of a fragrance and -mostly?- forgotten. I must say I have a soft spot for this Lady with lots of 'tute' that won't be ignored! It's very well made and still smells the same as the original formulation! (as far as my nose can tell.)

On my skin I smell from the first (careful!!) spray, (too much and you could get a headache, less is more with Giorgio - you DO get value for your money!) an immediate whiff (well, gust ;) of gardenia, jasmine and a wonderful sandalwood. Ylang-Ylang, tuberose and cedar carry this perfume to the drydown in the most remarkable way. It's like Cabaret the way it should have been. A center-stage scent with smoky, woodsy florals that exude attitude that wants a spotlight to perform her solo-act. Ideal for a late night out in a club. Or just because you like wearing something unusual.

Now, I know and understand it's not for everyone and every occasion, but neither are Cabochard, Magie Noire, Shalimar et cetera. They too need to be liked by the right people and 'handled with care' (spray lightly or get overpowered!)

As for me? I ADORE sandalwood, white flowers and fragrances that exude a dark erotic feel. So, I still use and like this scent. And the best part? It's inexpensive, still available and very much alive. Not bad for a lady that smokes, drinks and is loud! ; )

Silage is: "Dare and ignore me!" - Longevity is: "I am staying over till, tomorrow". You gotta love it....

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

This is such a gaudy b*tch of a fragrance. It radiates imitation gold – the oakmoss in its base evokes cheap metal. But “Giorgio” is also an astringent, high-pitched tuberose with poolside ozone, against bone-dry woods and pollen-pregnant, yellow flowers and I swear I smell mimosa and narcissus in there somewhere.

An ammonic, lemony kick (the bergamot?) emerges more prominently by the middle and a cocktail sweet, pineapple and orange punch mixes with the white florals, producing a juicier and balsamic sensation. Dry down consists of crumbly oakmoss and astringent sandalwood, with trace elements of yellow flowers still lingering overhead.

Like Estee Lauder’s “Beautiful”, “Giorgio” cannot be removed from the image of brass-buttoned, shoulder-pad laden, jewel-toned, power suits of the 80’s and glamazons of the early 90’s; one spray of this stuff immediately conjures-up images of Ivana Trump in a red suit covered in gold chains, coins and buttons, Joan Collins’ gradient makeup or Patsy Stone’s shellacked bouffant, thick lipstick and whisky voice, with cigarettes doused in champagne, lingering close by.

I kind of think it’s fantastic for this quality and would attempt to pull it off…if only I could keep it on my skin for longer than a minute before the head spinning began. I don’t know if it’s the kind of oakmoss used, but the moment “Giorgio” makes contact, she just scratches my eyes out like the soap screen brawling, gold digging, cutthroat cat she is.

Umbrella Girl
Umbrella Girl

I hate this fragrance with a passion! It's very harsh and overwhelming, and as someone else said almost "cutting" in character because it's so sharp. My cousin has been wearing it since the early 80's, plus she's a smoker, so the combo of Giorgio plus stale smoke is truly nauseating. I can't bear to smell it for 5 minutes, let alone for several hours!

LLL3
LLL3

Giorgio, I wish I had never picked you up from the 1980's and tried to dust you off. This perfume (I have the EDT) is cloying, heavy and beats you over the head. There is nothing fruity, floral or feminine...it is smokey and almost incense like, but in an over-powering way. There is nothing alluring here...the scent is in your face and off-putting. Fail for me.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

I don't think Giorgio smells cheap at all. I love it , have for years . I remember when everyone ( includong me ) was wearing it . Light , fresh and fun for when your are in a flirtatious mood . Hmmm.... I may have to get some . Its been years .

beatrix75
beatrix75

very nice mellyhelly!!!!very nice !!1

LOL! Someone mentioned the lady with the dog in "Something about Mary" and it makes so much sense! Left apart this clichè attached to Giorgio Beverly Hills because of historical and social reasons, judging the scent itself with a very out-of-time approach I can say that it's not so bad after all... it smells perfume-y in a happy way. I periodically see it very cheap in coffret at some drugstore now. I still remember a very young and lively college student wearing it in the early '90s. It didn't smell old at all on her! It actually smelled like something similar to her personality: sunny, carefree, lively yet sophisticated. I used to wear Amarige at that time or sometimes Kenzo by Kenzo (the first one). The three of them (Giorgio, Kenzo and Amarige) together with Organza still give me a vibe of messy happy drunk young-at-heart girls, with Giorgio being the cheapest perhaps. We walked the street of this planet with a confidence and hope never achieved later.
Use with caution.

snowlady
snowlady

Giorgio Giorgio - I have to say you are now one of the most classical perfumes on the market.
to me It smells like fresh cut blossoms of success.
In my opinion of professional personal shopper - it is must have perfume.
It is not every day one unless it is absolute your favorite, and you use it as your signature fragrance.
It is like develop with precision one of the chefs best recipes.

I believe for every lady some days you need it most.
To me it always gives luck to win a hard day.
sorry for people who think it smells dated - what is dated in our days??
try see things for what they try are... do lily scented dated to you.

Just try it you may get what you looking for.... I am glad to have one and I love it!

chanchita
chanchita

I bought this after bumping into a lady in a bar who smelt sooooo good I had to ask her what she was wearing. It was Giorgio Beverly Hills and it was absolutely gorgeous on her. Off I went to purchase. Again without trying (will I ever learn this is not a good idea when it comes to frags?!). The second I sprayed it on my skin I was transported back to an era when Miami Vice was on TV, Harold Faltermeyer's Axel F song playing on the radio (Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack, remember?) and guys wearing rolled up jacket sleeves and Farenheit... As fun as that time was, I could only revisit in the form of wearing Giorgio on a few occasions before having had enough of that old memory lane. Not for me. Too dated.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Yikes! I remember this one...when in middle school I sat behind a girl that wore this everyday!! (She must have been stealing it from her mom). It gave me headaches; it was very strong, specially for a young girl. Now I think I'll give it a try as I have grown to love this type of over the edge perfumes. I'll keep you posted.
EDIT: Bought a bottle and I think I like it...no, I know I like it....:D This one is very strong, it does make a statement. Longevity is pretty good. That's great since you don't want to reapply this one too much since you'll become a stinker.:D:D:D:D:D

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

Hate it or love it!? Use this one with care. Just a spritz! This one lingers on. It's a classic smell. I do think this one smells expensive and sophisticated. Just be careful and don't overdo it. This is a perfume that really relies on your chemistry. A classy flower smell if sprayed on like one time. If sprayed on a few times it gives people a headache.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

Back in the day this was an absolute blast to wear! I loved it. It was sexy and wild, and a little went a long, long way. The 80's were about big bold sparkling florals. It's funny because I'm not generally a fan of tuberose (really makes me sneeze) but in this fragrance it just worked.

krmarich

Hey gang, Giorgio is now 30! She still causes a stir! She has survived designer imposters, bankruptcy and being sold to an east coast conglomerate. Thank you EA fragrances for keeping her in tact! She is still ravashing as ever.

My "time machine via perfume" is so obvious with Giorgio. Sheridan, JB78 and Tovah all have dramatic memories of this baby. Yes, I take a sniff and am transported back to my local May Company and that large factice on display. The scent is unforgettable and endearing.

MTV played music, TV was free and played great shows, and fashion was over the top. Girls just wanted to have fun and ladies had to be seen wearing Giorgio!

I generally hate tuberose, yet here it is squeezed between gardenia, neroli and jasmine. The subordinate note are only a supporting cast. It is basically a floral chypre. I have never found it vulgar or overpowering. It was status!!!

I ran out and bought a new bottle and sprayed my sheets. Tonight, I dream of 1985. No resposibilities, bills or social network updates...

downtown
downtown

Call me crazy but I've always thought Giorgio smelled very expensive. I can't think of any other inexpensive fragrance I can say that about.

alenamaria
alenamaria

I think that timing is important with perfumes. My husband bought this one for me and I put it - and we both hated it so much, that while driving I kept my hand out of window. After some time I tried little of it again, just to remember why I hated it...and I am in little shock...I love it. Just be careful, make sure you got tiny bit of it and enjoy. I know I do. It is sweet floral and lasting for me.

hpvg
hpvg

I had this for forever, but I am SOOO sick of it! Maybe again in a couple of years.....

SheShe
SheShe

I tried it once in a perfume shop. I remember it was very heavy, something I'd wear uneasily and with an effort. I remember I sniffed something like pelargonium but I don't see it listed. It was a kind of fragrance that makes an impression. Perhaps I'll try it in a future again because I love Giorgio Beverly Hills "So You".

Croneangel

Never wore this in the 80's. But after reading FruitDiet's review (Oct. 21, 2010) I JUST HAVE TO TRY IT!!!! What a freakin' hoot! Thought I'd fall off my chair I was laughing so hard.

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

Awesome ... think big hair, shoulder pads and blue eyeliner sporting a wrap dress in a loud floral :o). Actually, this fragrance is quite relevant today also ... the dreaded EA touch can be felt, but has possibly made it a little more wearable?? Not AS loud as it used to be ... definitely tamer but still breathtakingly beautiful if you like Tuberose and white waxy flowers. The drydown is JUST GORGEOUS with the musk playing (thankfully) a non speaking cameo. Pull the fruit, add a "modern" note like "ozone" or some such, rebottle, rename, remarket and it'll be a hit all over again! OH!! Hang on ... Frederic Malle did :o). Go on ... give it a bash ... you know you want to :o) ...

sundaygirl34
sundaygirl34

So eighties! but simply devine :) very nostalgic.

Amazing review JB!!! Fantastic put into words the magic of this perfume!

MMC
MMC

Esse é bastante floral.Tem cheiro de um shampoo chamado Darling,que eu usei muito e gostava.Muito feminino e tem um fixação de umas 12hs.

Tovah
Tovah

The fragrance that brought forth the end of perfume exclusivity and the beginning of massive fragrance marketing...Giorgio should have served as an example to all of how overspraying, overwearing, over-marketing, and over-abundance of cheapo knock-offs can destroy something beautiful. (Sadly, Angel didn't learn from history, thus was destined to repeat it.) Giorgio emerged upon our collective olfactory senses when I was in high school, and I felt quite privileged to receive a bottle of the body lotion, straight from Rodeo Drive, as a gift. The lotion was sweeter and more floral than the edp, which seemed utterly sophisticated and elegant, but it always felt like borrowing a friend's clothing but it's too big. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the 4 people who during the 1980s did not bathe in Giorgio, but I admit to wearing often, and enjoying a drugstore Coty called "Wild Musk Patchouli Blend" that others claimed smelled like Giorgio. Of course, Giorgio was SO...everywhere...it was hard to distinguish any other perfume from it. (At least until the masses began bathing in Poison, but that's another issue). The thing that killed Giorgio for my nose, was that over-powering, metallic, skunky knockoff called Primo; which, somehow, even wearers of the real Giorgio allowed into our atmosphere. Primo was everything that was bad about Giorgio, in an all-over "deodorizing" aerosol body spray format. I had at least 6 roomates who thought they were "fooling" everyone with Primo (I'm certain no one mistook these suburban Long Islanders for California Jet-setters in spite of the faux Giorgio), and I swear I get the taste of it in the back of my throat just thinking about it. Aside from all the excess, Giorgio can actually be a beautiful, happy tuberose-orange blossom-vetiver with golden pizazz, when it flatters chemistry. Unfortunately, like Angel many years later, when worn on those whose chemistry enhances the heavy duty, industrial concentrations of patchouli, amber, and animalic musk, this scent can melt paint off the walls in Grand Central Station.

meutia_hnm@yahoo.com
meutia_hnm@yahoo.com

my mother wear this parfum and really works on her body chemistry different with me i don't like this parfume when i wear this, it really doesn't work with my body chemistry also annoying people with the smell :(

Sheridan
Sheridan

I was one of those lucky Vogue magazine subscribers back in 1983 who opened up the newest issue and discovered a scented paper sample, impregnated with one of the most remarkable and exceptional fragrances theretofore. It was simply DIVINE; it was flamboyant, it was fun and it was very unusual. It was Giorgio Beverly Hills, and rightfully called "extraordinary cologne". There was nothing else like it.

To kipe a phrase from SJP's Covet ad campaign: "I had to have it". And because it was, back in the day, rather expensive comparatively speaking, I had to budget for it. But pinching my pennies wasn't a hardship at all; I would've cut back on almost everything just to get my hands on that juice.

To obtain it, I had to mail away for it. Yes, one had to send a paper check through the mail, and I waited rather impatiently for the parcel to arrive. But the wait was worth it. Yes, this was heaven!

Potent is an understatement, but I was judicious in how I used it, never more than one mist-and-walk through spray. I would not let it shout, but its presence was delightfuly apparent, and in those days before it became available in department stores, I had many, many appreciative comments and compliments. "What IS that fragrance? It is WONDERFUL!" I don't think I've ever received as many compliments on a fragrance I've worn since. It was absolutely a head-turner, for both women and men.

And so I was a happy young woman, happy because Giorgio Beverly Hills is, at its heart, a happy, fun-loving fragrance. Happy because my chemistry made this fragrance blossom and sing, and this unique fragrance was "mine" and mine alone, at least for a short while. But soon enough, that all changed.

Everyone loved Giorgio Beverly Hills, and when it became available in department stores, everyone got it, wore way too much of it, and it became a sorry cliche; a cariacature that represented the worst of the 80's decade. Primo, the imposter body spray just magnified and further bastardized the situation. It was no longer "mine", no longer unique. And familiarity, while not breeding contempt, did bring a sense of cookie-cutter clones, the very opposite of my personality.

So, I put it away and moved on to other perfumes.

Gradually, others put theirs away, too, and it's now rather uncommon to catch a whiff of it while out and about. I can't remember the last time I smelled on someone.

My bottle is now 28 years old and only the last third of it remains. The juice has slightly darkened and a few of the sparkling top notes are gone. But overall, it's still all there, still as fabulous and delightful as it was in the very beginning. And I still wear it now and then, without apology. It still suits me, still elicits compliments, still makes me happy.

merrikam
merrikam

This was my very first perfume when I was in my teens. At the time, I loved it and wore until my early married years. I grew out of it and now at 46, I enjoy perfumes with much more subtle notes. BUT...Unfortunately, my dear husband loves this perfume to no end and begs me to wear it. Even after I sat him down and told him how very much I hated it, it still mysteriously showed up on my dresser. Granted he only wants me to wear it to bed, but the next morning I can smell it on the sheets and clothes and it takes a lot of work to get it off my skin. I love my husband, but this offensive perfume has forced me to an ultimatum, Take your pick....Me or Giorgio, you can't have both!!!

krmarich

This announces the decade of excess. All noses turned to California. Do you wished to be a California girl? This was your chance! A big warm burst of California florals took hold of the atmosphere and permeated the environment. It became was the first perfume to be sampled in a magazine. Department stores around the world seemed to be drenched in it.

The tuberose, neroli, gardenia and jasmine dominated the composition. They were quite linear and caused a commotion. It became a "love/hate affair. This was Jackie Collins "Hollywood Wives". I rich and I am here! If you could afford a bottle, then you were part of the scene.

I was relaunched a few years back. It was somewhat toned down. All of the notes were intact, yet rearranged not to shout. Now it is a clean white floral perfect to wear out shopping on gloomy days when you need a dose of California sunshine.

Aprilily
Aprilily

I had this and it literally made me gag. Way too overpowering, even with a light spritz. I gave my bottle to a friend who loved it. Maybe it just didn't agree with my body chemistry.

Lindamch
Lindamch

Absolutely the smell of the 1980s. Every smart restaurant and every department store in London stank of it and you could never get the smell of it out of your nose. I would never have worn it as I don't like flashy overpowering perfumes but it has a certain nostalgia value. I just shut my eyes and think of power dressing and big hair.

deesy

This is by far the most offensive fragrance I have ever smelt. It is bold, overpowering and just plain old disgusting. I walked past this lady one day and got a whiff of it and my first thought was OMG what is that disgusting smell. I then smelt is again on someone else and had to ask what they were wearing to find it was Giorgio. Only a couple of days ago I walked past someone who was wearing it and could not contain my disgust at the smell.
It fits into the RED DOOR category... just all wrong.
THIS FRAGRANCE SHOULD BE BANNED

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

Oh man, memories of the late 80s when this was the "prestige" perfume in Dallas, TX! As it happens, I'm somewhat allergic to it, so I became very good at identifying it. It did seem like those who wore it used an awful lot of it...or maybe it is, or was, just so strong that more than 1 spray was excessive.

Not really that awful, but please, apply it lightly!

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

I used to walk through the department store every lunchtime to get my fix of this. My boyfriend at the time even bought it for me because I wouldn't shut up about it. I remember dousing myself in it one day (I'd got to the point where I couldn't smell it as I wore it night and day) and I got some very odd looks. I was only 19, in my defense! After a while I went onto something else for a change and although I tried to go back to this, I just couldn't do it, it was far too strong. I think I must have really overdone it, I can still smell it now (I'm 44). I like it but from a distance - I can imagine a confident woman on a beauty counter wearing this. It's for the full make-up, strong character, strikingly beautiful woman.

EDIT: It's not very often I admit to being wrong (ask my husband ;) ) but I purchased a small bottle of this a couple of weeks ago. I remember how much I loved it so I thought I'd give it another chance. I'm so glad I persevered with it. The note that had put me off is now something I completely appreciate - the tuberose. I know our sense of smell changes as we mature and it couldn't be truer of this. Tuberose isn't for everyone, especially as strong as it is in Giorgio - but wow, this is warm and bright and floral and a very pretty smelling bed of florals and the centrepiece is the beautiful, unmistakable, tuberose. It's truly the star of the show. I've fallen back in love with this 1980's phenomenon.

I apply it as a very light spray on my hairbrush and run it through my hair. That way it doesn't encroach on anyone else's nose space - or if it does, it's their fault for being too close! Every time I move my head I get a faint waft of tuberose. Just lovely!

margie
margie

I had forgotten what the 80s were like, so I wasn‘t sure what to think of the comments made here. But I dared to blindly buy this frag and, whoosh, came back the childhood memories. In the good sense. All of a sudden I want to dance to Whitney Houston’s „How will I know “ or Kylie Mionogue‘s „Locomotion“. If you want a visual explanation of this scent, go check out the videos of these songs. Really, it “smells” of lots of bright colors, teased hair, pink lipstick, purple eyeshadows and bubble gum. It’s all about fun. This scent is sweet, warm and sunny (but can be even nauseating in large amounts, so beware). It definitely brings a smile on my face. I think it’s really cool to be wearing something like Beverly Hills nowadays. You could be even making some sort of statement like “Here I am in a fun mood and nobody’s gonna bring me down!” Or “I might as well be wearing something my aunt used to wear when she was younger, but at least I have guts to do so! Would you dare? Didn’t think so!” or simply “Nothing’s gonna stop me!”. I wouldn’t wear this to a business meeting though. It’s too playful. It’s more of a vacation type of scent rather than business.
So overall, it’s nothing fancy or classy. It has no slowly unraveling complexity. It‘s the same from beginning to end, so no surprises here. But not all the fragrances have to be chic and refined. Just have some fun and stop hatin’ on those lovely tacky 80s.

thatgirl1269
thatgirl1269

Giorgio, along with Youth Dew and Red Door, are my most hated perfumes. The major reason I think I hate Giorgio is that in the late 80s (before it was widely available in Australia), I sat next to a girl at work that had a bottle of it - her boyfriend bought it back from the States for her - and apart from the fact she used to literally swim in it, one day the bottle broke & the whole office smelt like Giorgio for six months. Just a whiff of this fragrance now and I want to vomit. Nice perhaps for those who enjoy it, but personally, I just can't bear it!

Mandana
Mandana

Back in the 1980's on a train in Milan a lady on a train was wearing this extravagant and glorious perfume; , and it seemed familiar to me.. She got out of the train at the next stop and I even followed her quickly down the platform (the sillage was so beautiful and amazing) and of course I just HAD to know what perfume she was wearing.... She told me Giorgio Beverly Hills. I rushed out the next day and tested it. Mmmm it did not disappoint and I ended up buying a bottle. I used sparingly as the perfume is quite strong if liberally applied. Giorgio is as modern, bold and beautiful today as it was back then, a true classic. It is a amazing mélange of flowers although I am unable to pick any out individually, coated with some fruit, thankfully not too much musk in there, and the cedar/wood notes seem to hold it all together. There are some really great reviews on there, thanks! I agree this perfume sums up the 80'e era with females in power suits ready to knock you out with this perfume in boardroom meetings! Who needs a punchbag when you have Giorgio?!!! Seriously though, I love it still, the shoulder pads have gone lol but the perfume is not dated in my opinion. Wear this glorious perfume, put on your high heels and bright red lipstick and you have a deal!

eilismaireg

This is another beauty that I've reviewed before but not actually tried in recent years. I sprayed it on today thinking that 20 years might be enough time for me to get over solid 80's connotations - and it was. I immediately bought 30mls of it for a paltry £9.00 and have enjoyed it immensely all afternoon. It's a sunny day and the California sun is evident in this, it's just so optimistic, bright and beautiful with it's heady yet fresh blend of tuberose and bergamot (2 notes most distinct to me).
And, I must add, it's the first fragrance that a stranger has EVER complimented me on!! (a girl in her early twenties who doesn't suffer from 'I hate the 80's' syndrome)

It should be noted that I think you have to wear this scent with a certain flair for not giving a s**t what other people think. It's no more hideous than 'Joy'!!

karmenas
karmenas

it was my first perfume..every people asked me when I wear it..

Theheartoftheflower
Theheartoftheflower

This is a very lovely perfume, my mother in law wears it all the time. It's very sensual, warm and sexy.
It doens't smell dated and I was suprised it was created in the 1980's, I think it's quite similar to Gucci Rush. It's quite heavy though, so use it with a light hand!

takeasniff
takeasniff

I experimented with this. I sprayed lightly on my wrist and it nearly killed me. I got a thumping headache and the smell turned musty and sweet at the same time. Into the shower and it still would not come off. I was not going to give up. Another day after I made sure it was completely off my skin I dabbed it onto my kneck under my chin on either side. All day all I could smell was a hint of it and it was really beautiful. Spray it at your self and it is horrible. Dab a tiny little bit on and for some reason it just melds with your skin much better. So now I love it. I have had younger people say I smell nice so if that helps anyone who like me wanted desperately to like this then maybe don't use too much. I know it sound obvious but even when you spray these old fashioned perfumes lightly they still come out too strong. I dab them on and now only I can enjoy them without upsetting everyone around me.

flybynight
flybynight

Had to try out this iconic perfume. Whatever else, it's a landmark. But it's not a Poison or an Angel, it more of a Charlie. It's supposed to be a big floral, but it smells like plastic doll and cheap nail polish, and it suggests an assertive woman who is as hard as nails. Maybe it expressed how women felt in the early days of Woman's Lib. At any rate it's a once expensive perfume that was always a dime store perfume, and now it actually IS!! It's only virtue is it's unashamed brash sillage and longevity, and that is a virtue now only because the fashion is for insipid timid pathetic little scents that are afraid to offend anybody and so are nothing at all. Giorgio is fun if you want to buck the trend and give the PC world a chavvy blast from the past.

Jilly B
Jilly B

A work colleague in the late 80's used to drown herself in this. I could even taste it while I was eating my lunch. Very overpowering.

dianthus
dianthus

It is so hard to describe this notes, so I only mention that I find it as a light mixture of Gucci Eau de Perfum and Cacharel Eden. Opening with heavy flowers (tuberose?) and fade quite quickly into gentle warmness. Hmm... too mature, to 80'ies for me.

I was so close to buying it but then luckily test-sprayed it several times. It is so heavy and I really can imagine that some people find it disturbing. It was even too harsh for me. There is a strong undertone which I find too masculine. This perfume belongs to the 80s and is probably too oldfashioned for now :)

Louw
Louw

I loved this fragrance in the 1980s and wore it on and off throughout the 1980s and 90s, returning to it time and again.

I still love the smell of it now but can't bring myself to actually wear it any more. That's partly because it is undeniably brash, which just isn't my style these days, and partly because it screams '1980s' and puts me in mind of power dressing, shoulder pads and mobile phones the size of housebricks!

There used to be a superb body cream in the range that had all the best of the fragrance without the loudness but then there was a distinct change to the formulation of the cream which really spoiled it.

The fragrance is instantly recognisable - bright, brash and floral, softening to a warm, slightly woody heart with a hint of vanilla. It has incredible staying power too so you only need to use a tiny bit and it will last all day and all night!

Gorgeous, but dated.

This is a masterpiece!! I already had 2 big bottles, several mini's, a pure perfume gifted by Persephone, but yesterday I received my swap from Persephone: the large bottle vintage first release......
It was sooooo wonderful to smell that perfume after 20 years!! As a teenager I used to think this was the most beautiful perfume EVER!! Although the reformulation is FANTASTIC flowery and fresh, the vintage is sooo warm and almost 'buttery' . I sooooo love this 1st release! THANK YOU SOO MUCH MY PERSEPHONE!!!

Giorgio is like a tattoo made on my memory. I'ts indelible. I can't say that I like it but it's one of those perfumes that litterally marked my adolescence as one of my mother's best friends used to wear half a bottle of this perfume at a time. A loud tuberose note on a vanilla and floral base that can easily fill the Dubai International Airport Terminal 3 with just one spritz, Significative, influential and distinctive but way too vulgar. A very important release in the perfume history but if you like tuberose, after smelling Giorgio, buy Malle's Carnal Flower.

Rating: 6.5/10

booandgagamomma
booandgagamomma

My parents were the epitome of what I consider tacky 80's. My dad bought my mom this perfume and she even had a matching towel and bag that went with it. It just makes me think of dark tans, teased hair, and frosted pink lipstick. Oddly I wouldn't say I'm turned off by this scent like some, it just evokes very strong memories.

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

Intensity? Really? I always loved Giorgio & wore it as a teen in the '80s.

I found it to be fresh & bright, youthful yet luxuriously elegant & not at all heavy or offensive.

Was a great 1980's perfume.
(And I liked Primo too, since as a teen I didn't have the $$ to rebuy bottles of the real thing.)

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Giorgio gets you noticed, that's for sure - not always in a good way - it's a sillage monster, a flower bomb! I agree with kiselina - too many flowers, too much tuberose and gardenia, too much of everything. Giorgio was such a trendy perfume in the '80's; you could smell it everywhere (and it's low cost knockoff, Primo). With "Beverly Hills" in the name, it impressed lower class working girls like me. The yellow and white striped package reminded me of a cabana at a high class luxury resort, and a sunny summer vacation. I tried it again in a department store after not smelling it for many years. Maybe it was a cheaper reformulation, but the smell was icky to me and had a bitter edge. I think the combination of basenotes are what make me feel nauseous, or my skin chemistry might have changed, or maybe it was not a great sample (it was a roll-on bottle). For whatever reason, I thought "I'll pass". If you like Giorgio and want to try a similar, softer fragrance that prominently features tuberose and gardenia, try Sand & Sable. They're both about the same price these days - you can find a 3.4 oz. bottle of either for about $15 to $20 on ebay).

renaek
renaek

My mother had this one when I was a teenager, and I loved to sneak some - which is odd, because my mother and I have very very different tastes.
It made me feel very grown up.
What's really funny, is that Giorgio IS a strong fragrance, but then most of the fragrances that suit me are - not because they are strong, but because I tend to react badly with a lot of fragrances. The top notes of Giorgio are somewhat overpowering, but I found the heart notes blended beautifully with me and the result was a very feminine scent.

moynah
moynah

Everybody will know what you are wearing, whilst you wear this - but the response will be mixed BE AWARE it hits you like a brick - very strong .. however the great advantage is that tiny amount will last all day. When this fragrance first came out (yuppie wide body porsche turbo 80's) I believe it was banned from restaurants - understandable! As this is my first post I will leave the nose description to the experts.. I will go along with liquid gold, summer, beaches, english stripe deckchairs (oh and that TURQUOISE blue color on the box interior, wow)
Love it.. not everyday. Maybe once a week

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

If gold has a smell, it probably smelled like Giórgio.
When I smell its sillage, soon I wait to see a princess followed by.

Arabelle
Arabelle

I love this perfume! I just spray twice, one for each pulse point below my ears and wow! It is so delightfully feminine and has amazing staying power. It even lulls me to sleep and when I wake up, I can still smell it faintly, wishing me a beautiful morning. Giorgio is worth every penny.

Aureliev
Aureliev

C'est le parfum dont je suis tombée littéralement amoureuse, celui de ma prof d'anglais à la fac...J'ai su quelques temps après ce qu'était ce parfum qui m'hypnotisait et ma mère me l'a offert...Depuis 1998 il m'accompagne même si je lui suis infidèle! Un parfum puissant, à sillage, solaire!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I finally felt compelled to test this 80s classic that I miraculously managed to avoid ever wearing at the time it was popular. Just as I expected and remembered, it’s big, it’s loud, it’s like a neon-yellow daffodil blown up to gigantic science-fiction proportions, “The Daffodil that Raped Beverly Hills”, an alien flower that deposited its fragrant but evil pollen on every living being, everywhere it turned.

Actually, the daffodil is all decked out with lots of cartoon-character orange blossoms and bitter petitgrain, which remain the prominent note for quite a while, and the signature note throughout. As the orange blossoms die down, the generic white florals take over, especially the gardenia, but the main theme of bigger-than-life bitter green orange blossom never quite goes away, ensuring that the scent remains instantly recognizable as Giorgio. After about 6 hours it dries down to a sort of dead orange flower potpourri scent.

Maybe I’m more tolerant now than I used to be, maybe poor Giorgio has been reformulated and tamed, or maybe it’s because I cautiously applied just a couple of tiny dabs from a sample vial of the EdT concentration, but it didn’t seem as obnoxious as I remember it being when I smelled it on others back in the day. It’s not my style, but for a loud drugstore floral it’s not bad at all. At least it has character.

hamster
hamster

"Giorgio" is a shrill insistent reek that shrieks its one screeching note non-stop until it's finally drowned out with copious amounts of soap and water.
"Giorgio" is a loud woman with big blonde hair, wearing something fuschia and tight, stuffing her feet into her too-small Manolos before climbing into her over-sized SUV to do yet more shopping.

TEXBOYSCENT
TEXBOYSCENT

The box that houses Giorgio is my very fav of all fragrances EVER----The box makes me smile. The fragrance is a fragrance that has power unlike this silly celebrity cheap shy scent of now. I like to open it and take a moment to remember TRUE HAPPY DAY'S-I as a guy cant remember what i wore as this was always on me before the night was over and the sun come up- :}

IamWoman
IamWoman

It's been said that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. I've tried that, but where Giorgio is concerned, I can't hold my peace any longer. Without a doubt, this is one perfume you will either love or hate. I know, because I HATE it! I have one particular word to describe Giorgio: BRAZEN. It may be "sunny" or "luminous" to some people, but to me, this horror of a fragrance is nothing more than a screaming drama queen attempting to pass herself off as a highly trained actress. Think "Nora Desmond" for a moment, looking into the camera, about to make history with, "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille", except WAIT...that isn't Gloria Swanson! It's not even a "real" actress! Is it Marilyn Monroe? No. Jane Mansfield? No. Could it be Madonna?? Look closer...beneath the bleached blond hair, lacquered makeup job, and thick layers of red lipstick...OMG, it's Paris Hilton aiming her semi-psychotic gaze into the camera's slow zoom-in. She widens her eyes, trying her best to keep her top and bottom lashes from clinging. She gazes, about to deliver her line....but FIRST, she stops and has to spritz herself with GIORGIO! NOW, she's ready!!! This is what Giorgio is to me: a cheap, loud, if not vulgar, attempt to pass itself off as a classic fragrance. Where it succeeds in getting attention, it fails in ANY of the categories of refinement, elegance, or class. Giorgio is loud, overbearing and domineering. She's the kind of date most men would find an excuse to take home early! My personal experience with Giorgio was about 25 years ago, on a commuter train in the heat of summer, pregnant with my first child. A woman entered who must have BATHED in Giorgio! Between the heat, the crowd on the train, and that LOUD scent...my head began spinning, I became weak and nauseous, and my husband and I had to slowly exit the train at the next stop so I could get air!! To this day, just thinking of Giorgio is enough to give me a headache and make me sick to my stomach! It deserves an award for its sledgehammer effect!! Hollywood glamour? Save that befittng description for Sophia Loren or Grace Kelly. But, much like Paris Hilton, Giorgio desperately tries to fit into a league it will never belong.

larali

Testing this one. I am bound and determined to like it simply because most people hate it. I am going to wear it correctly (a dab will do you.) One dab... I smell the mall. There is a really synthetic smell reminiscent of indoor malls, rows of clothing racks. The headachy feeling you get when you have shopped for hours and you've spent way too much money, and your makeup is getting gooey. Time to go home and take a shower. I am going to test this a few more times... I am determined to like this fragrance. Some day maybe I will.

blueberry
blueberry

Another floral that I love, which is quite unusual for me (there are very few typical florals in my wardrobe). The composition is slightly on the oriental side for me, quite sweet but not sickening floral concoction that some of you suggest. I adore perfumes I can smell on me, so this is also why I enjoy wearing Giorgio. Knowing mixed opinions regarding Giorgio, I wanted to try it and once I saw it on sale in TK Maxx I could not resist. I think it is a very lush and feminine fragrance and I love to feel this way, although normally I tend to go for unisex and gender-benders. But the kind of femininity Giorgio entails is my type. Strong, but not overpowering. Bold but so well-composed to such an extent that I cannot single out any note- they all seem to blend marvelously together. I am in love! So far only 1 fragrance by GBH was not impressive (So You), the rest both for women and men seem to be just awesome!

over powering, sickningly sweet, cloying mess. laying in a hospital bed and a nurse comes in wearing this, you'll surely die. i thought i was going to. horrible and nauseating.

orchidlover
orchidlover

I think Giorgio is a bit spicier version of Lancome Poeme. Poeme is more floral (and sweeter) in my opinion, so easier to wear than Giorgio.
But I discovered that if I use Giorgio with caution it is not so agressive, disturbing than usual.
Maybe I should change my spraying habit because Giorgio has a killer sillage.
But I'm afraid this perfume wasn't created for my caracteristic.
If somebody use this, it's impossible to be invisible in the room. And I don't enjoy each time this situation. (Sometimes more effective tempting with whispering "I'm here" instead of screaming it.)
Giorgio won't be my best friend. "I don't know" category but rather "No" for me yet.

TOTALLY agree with the review Melancholy Child. It is a proud perfume and deserves a proud owner!

krishka

love this perfume! it is so sparkly and flowery full of freshness and joy!

guest_Carol
guest_Carol

This is way to sweet of a fragrance, overpowering, and sets of a migraine of a headache. No wonder it was banned in restaurants. It was the fave of my ex but I neither could nor would wear it. Makes me grimace even 18 years later!

My husband and I compared the vintage and the new one this weekend. And very surprisingly, we choose the new one as favorite! I almost never prefer new ones above original ones!! Except Rochas btw. There the new ones are equal to the original formula's, but different for sure.

Update april 2011: the 1st release of the EDT is truly divine!! Just yesterday did I receive my swap with Persephone and truth to be said, it is a masterpiece. If you can find the 1st release, it is worth the effort!!!!

cisco
cisco

I love Giorgio. It is a floral with killer sillage and wonderful lasting power. The presentation in the yellow and white striped cabana type box makes me smile. Unlike others, I admire the stregth of Giorgio. You just have to apply judiciously. What is wrong with getting your money's worth? You certainly do with Giorgio unlike many other floral concoction you must reapply every couple of hours. Some of you appear to think it is shameful to love Giorgio. Some go so far as to deny ever purchasing Giorgio. I say yeah to some of the eighties frags and learning how to apply them!

eilismaireg

I must try this one again, as I haven't smelled it since about 1990 when it fell from grace. My mum and a girl I went to college with wore this - it's totally recognisable and distinctive but always radiates absolute confidence rather than allure or romance. I find it quite an intimidating perfume, rather like First or Amarige - not my scene but an admirable piece of work!

FruitDiet
FruitDiet

The final task in my quest to have all the 80's powerhouses in regular rotation- I already had Poison, Opium, Obsession, and Kouros- was to conquer Giorgio. Giorgio appealed to me only because of its reputation as the loudest perfume ever; the ads didn't have a trace of the elegance, sophistication, irony, or immersive fantasy of Opium or Poison, and instead painted a lifestyle of forced, loud, brash good times at the beach or in the convertible, usually involving a woman suspended in mid-laugh, as though she had been cryogenically frozen in Virginia Slims land and carted over to Giorgio without prior knowledge, her magenta-painted mouth hanging open to expose her Hollywood-white fangs in a feral distortion of a smile. It was either this woman or simply a picture of the "Extraordinary Perfume Spray" bottle looming like the 2001 monolith over a black background. Could I be this girl? I'm a six foot four, 270 lb bearded man, so it would be a challenge.
Soon enough I saw the yellow and white prison bars, so familiar to me from repeat viewings of "Troop Beverly Hills", staring back at me in TJ Maxx. I paid the $20 admission price and entered the world of Giorgio. I went back to my car and sprayed on lavishly. "Not so bad!" I thought. Pineapple, tuberose, and pool chemicals; it had that-er-"well blended" quality that I often find in cheap perfumes like Tabu, wherein the perfume seems to contain no discernable individual notes, just one big distinctive stench, the source of which can only be a giant oil drum labeled "TABU": or "GIORGIO" in a grimy factory somewhere, not, you know, "night-blooming jasmine from the fields of Grasse," or whatever. After thirty seconds I couldn't smell much but could feel a dull throb that seemed to be circling my brain-a sinus headache, I assumed. My vision also seemed slightly impaired, everything was blurring. Passersby stared at me as though I were covered in blood. It was DELIGHTFUL.
For three weeks I denied that the headaches that Giorgio caused were caused by Giorgio. I funneled allergy pills and pain relievers into my gullet on an hourly basis. I also sprayed on more Giorgio. I purchased Giorgio Red. None of these things helped. I was in a perpetually crabby mood whenever I had the Giorgio on, too. I didn't ask anyone's opinion of it because I didn't want to know what they thought. At this point in my life, it was perfectly appropriate that I was wearing a perfume that kept people away in droves, made everyone everywhere I went aware of my horrible mood, made me physically ill, cost too much for what it was, and didn't feel right with any of my clothing except for the Madonna Blond Ambition Tour tee.
I haven't been able to track down any old Giorgio for comparison but I would imagine that it would have the same effect in any vintage. As a child of the nineties, it's titillating and horrifying to me to think that the whole world smelled like this in the eighties. Everyone was experiencing that dull throb in their head all the time, everywhere they went, for an entire decade and then some. ON PURPOSE! And FOR A GREATER PRICE! Though it is now practically only found in drug stores and discounters, Giorgio was once THE snob perfume, the one that no one else had but you, or the one you wanted but couldn't afford. It was originally only available in the Giorgio boutique and by mail order, so you had to be on the inside to get it. The point of it was to advertise your nouveau-riche status by beating the whole world over the head with a toxic, lingering cloud of Californian grotesquerie. By the late eighties it was available everywhere, the top-selling perfume for years, and was worn (used, I should say, Giorgio isn't worn but used, with intent) by cliquey high school girls to terrorize their social inferiors. Its veneer of cheerfulness- pineapple! flowers! beaches!- hides a vapid, hollow, black soul and no moral center, capable of doing anything. Giorgio was cruel, exciting, and nauseating, and its success seems unthinkable today. Then it felt glamorous, now it feels like the olfactory equivalent of that scene in David Lynch's "Inland Empire" where Laura Dern is stabbed unexpectedly with a screwdriver and runs around screaming and bleeding on the Hollywood walk of fame until she collapses next to some homeless people and dies. A true classic.

the sexiest glamorous most lingering scent in the world when i wear this i'm a goddess

arg1971
arg1971

I think back in the day when I was a teen this stuff smelled so good. They had the imitation perfumes to like primo and people were wearing that stuff so much till it just turned me off. I just stopped wearing the bottle of giorgio and gave it away because it was too ordinary.

Think france jolie madonna blondie they wore this and joven musk GIORGIA IS bright blonde BEAUTIFUL just like the golden fall leaves and the sunshine. It's totally glamourous

malinka
malinka

It reminds me of Miss Dior, 1947 Miss Dior with its amber-patchouli-oakmoss-sandalwood pack at heart. It's getting more difficult to buy it year by year!
First of all, I would never, ever say it is '80s at all, '80s were oriental - masculine in a different way: a bit ocean-fresh masculine notes or Indian patchouli musk bittersweet seductive notes (Opium, Poison, Obsession, as mentioned above) present in most perfumes. This one is the often labelled "granny" type, can smell cheap and old, can smell classy, dry and sexy.
So don't get the wrong image of this product, coz this baby belongs to trench coats worn over Mad Men hot woman outfit, be it white shirt tied over black cropped trousers or mohair sweaters over 42 size breasts. If it's not your style, maybe it's not going to be your style. Great thing if you, like me :), are absolutely crazy over this type of scent!

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

This is a bit outdated for my taste so I never wear it but I do like the smell of it in a -reminds me of grandma's house on vacation when i was little- kind of way.. so I like to squirt it once or twice in my room for a room spray : ))

janudy
janudy

Ohh--Giorgio...what can I say? This actually isn't a bad smell, it's just so STRONG that it could clear out a room. It reminds me of a very lively and playful golden retriever bouncing towards you saying "I'm SOOOOO happy to see you!" That color is perfect for Giorgio--bright, sunshine yellow. I'm not sure if this is a true story or not, but when Giorgio came out it was banned from restaurants b/c the smell was so overpowering!

Maki
Maki

If this is a 'floral', well...then I'm a rose(-:
Althoug many things come to my mind smelling this fragrance, I really can't detect any notes individually in this scent which is why I think it's so well done!
Asif the creator meant to free these notes, spelling 'r-e-g-a-i-n-e-d f-r-e-e-d-o-m!!! (women's lib comes to mind too)...
I have never smelled something as authentic as this one.
Confident, independent and 'I don't care what anybody says!'-kind of people should go for this one...
It's very fresh and 'dancing in the rain'-like.
But beware: It's so recognizable that if you know someone you dislike and who wears it...everything will be spoiled...
Sad thing is...I know such a person...
So don't tell anyone about this frag accept the people you really, really like!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This is the 1980s in a bottle - shoulder pads, leg warmers, leopard print. Business women on power lunches with thier short blonde hair. Everything that was excessive and made the 1980s so brilliant and daggy at the same time.

As to the fragrance itself, it is just as excessive, brilliant & daggy. There is one note in there that is making me feel quite angry not sure what it is (possibly tuberose mixed with something else??) or what subconsious memory it has stimulated but it is also giving me a headache.

I am glad I tried it but I am going to be saying 'no' to any further trips down this memory lane.

guest_LeeLee
guest_LeeLee

This was my mother's signature frangrance through the 80s and 90s. Unfortunately, her boyfriend since 2000 refuses to allow her to wear it due to its intensity and lasting power. I recall the brightness and uplifting qualities, and the confidence she seemed to feel while wearing it. So glad to see that it isn't so expensive anymore. I'm curious on that...

krishka

beautifull fragrance , for me it is an ephytomy of the Hollywood Glam- loud yet elegant,can't get enough of it!

andrew85
andrew85

An adorable, beautiful, sofisticaded floral fragrance, strong, sensual, confident, classy, beautiful tuberouse creation,, very similar to another floral bomb from the eighties " Boucheron pour femme" another excelent creation.... this perfume always make me remember my mother, because she adores it... a beautiful, floral, strong cration....

Hi Nyoka, when it was released, it was the most expensive perfume ever! I was a teenager back then and there was a girl in my class which parents gave it to her, and every time she wore it, I could not believe the beauty! I regret that most new perfumes are so light and dull flowery, I wish we could go back in time and make them like this all over again!!

nyoka
nyoka

I have always loved Giorgio but,when I get heavy handed,watch out.U can smell me coming and going and not in a bad way.Beautiful fragrance,sunny,fresh.I have never understood how they could sell it so inexpensivly!

PhoebeV
PhoebeV

Giorgio has a Spanish exuberance, the scent has a strong solar, vivid neroli. To me it's rather green-floral, it's not sweet, but somehow bitter on my skin... It's wonderful for summer, long-lasting, very strong, a single pschitt it's more than enough :)... It's a fragrance for a powerful, optimistic, positive personality. Love it.

I have spent almost two years trying to figure out what this perfume was called.

Giorgio goes all the way back to my childhood. I vividly remember my neighbour coming over for coffee doused in this fragrance. Strangely enough, no matter how much she over-applied, I loved this fragrance.

This is your typical, loud 80's fragrance. A little bit peachy, flowery, vanillary and incensey.

I must add that Giorgio goes extremely well with cigarette smoke, the two work hand in hand. The woman that wears Giorgio, in my mind, is usually a heavy smoker, with red cheeks, purple painted nails and high heels. In other words, a sophisticated woman with attitude.

Giorgio may be cheap, but the fragrance itself lasts for such a long time. The sillage, you can be certain of, will leave a memorable trail. Rather classic in a sense.

For most people, Giorgio will be far too heavy, sweet and flowery, however in my humble opinion, it is more than tolerable, it's a memory and a classic olfactory experience.

Giorgio is still one of my favorite Floral perfumes!!! Men love it too!!
It's just fantastic it being available for such a GREAT price!! I just love highly complex perfumes, and that is exactly what this is!!

teedee
teedee

one spritz of this perfume, and i've made up my mind...if i can make a new category in perfumery, i would call it SUPER FLOWER BLAST, and naturally, Giorgio is the queen.

This perfume is not an explosion, but more of a gigantic outburst of florals: big huge gardenia surrounded by millions of golden ylang. not to mention, with full power silleage too!it knocks me off right there and then... i am not surprised if some people feel nausea and headache after sniffing full blast of Giorgio.

Was so tempted to just run to the toilet and wash it with soap... but I didnt. Somehow i managed to let it settle, then i accidentally rinse my hands with water. i sniffed it, and wow..to my surprise this watered down version on my skin smells lovely. still florals, but more well balanced. hint of gardenias (not the gigantic ones), faint ylang, soft roses and trail of jasmine. lovely.

i could imagine this would made a lovely shower gel perfume.

this, after all, might work on me, if i mist it, not spray, as some has mentioned earlier. might...

edit: and so my curiosity brings me back to the shop, and i got myself a tiny bottle of giorgio. i misted it... and...it was lovely florals...gardenia and ylang still dominates, but much much softer and lovelier.

remember: less is more with giorgio.

guest_Ang
guest_Ang

I absolutely loathe this scent. I would have to say this is the worst scent I have experienced in a bottle. This scent is so over powering and so strong and sickening it can make you dizzy. Why it is still out there I have no clue. A favorite for some I guess. I am not one of them.

seaghostdusk
seaghostdusk

This gives me a headache and a stomach ache at the same time. My absolute least favorite fragrance there is. I can even spot it when someone else is wearing it. There is nothing good about this scent.I am from the 80's generation and this is an insult for such a wonderful time. It reminds me of walking past men's restrooms on a hot day.

Just recently did I yet again find this one of the most alluring Floral fragrances!!

eezepeeze
eezepeeze

Oh, how I coveted all that California glamour portrayed in the commercial for this perfume. The blond model would walk out onto the red carpet in her gold lamee dress, flashing us the bottle "in secret". I LOVED this perfume in the 80's, but who didn't. I recently got a sample, just to walk down memory lane. One whiff and there I was in junior high again. I'm not sure I would ever wear this regularly again, but it's fun to have around for occasional sniffing.

bamboowu
bamboowu

I wore this many years ago, and I loved it, it certainly is a classic. Instantly recognizable. A powerful floral that I enjoyed but my very favorite was their body cream...that to me was absolutely wonderful, and I went through several jars. The cream seemed to be just as strong, yet softer.

This is a beauty I would love to try again - it surely brings back good memories though, the disco and the mirror ball rotating, sparkly sequins, satin suit, dancing....you all remember :)

It gets you noticed! It lasts forever. It's all good though in my book of memories...

The-Entity! You speak very wise words! I have loved Giorgio forever and I still do. I never 'buy in' to what the commercials want me to buy. I only buy what is worth buying, and this perfume is exactly that.
Good luck!

The_Entity
The_Entity

theres something about this i like, i think its the tuberose. some people have told me it smells cheap, but i like most perfumes that people love or hate, if youre a confident woman who doesnt care what others think, give this one a shot!

Tinkerbell78

I agree with other noses here. It is strong, it is floral, and definitely belongs to the exquisite exclusive category.
I bought the smell because I smelled it on Michael Jackson many times, and it would linger on my clothes and skin. Whenever I want his special presence with me I use it, but sparingly. It blows my mind the way it takes me back to the days.

guest_firea
guest_firea

There are a few perfumes which are better to spray in the air and walk into the perfume mist than to spray them directly on your pluse points. I think Giorgio is one of them. I tried both metods and the mist worked better for me. I love its rich floral aroma, being slightly dated but never oldfashioned and really out of date. It's a perfect signature scent for all seasons, but - again - ude with a light hand.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I think this is a lovely flowery scent. It's very strong if you use too much at all but it's not as "loud" or obnoxious as some think unless you pour it on. Everyone loves it so I can't understand it really being "dated". If ever a scent was "dated" it'd be Chanel #5, that is way outdated and smells just plain old. Flowers will never be outdated. They will always be springy and happy, like Giorgio....ummm...this is what I think!

Halvah
Halvah

Oh, I love this one soo much! Usually i wear and collect more subtle French-style chic fragrances, but this one is a joyful, loud, loving one, I wear it when i feel or want to feel confident, strong and very, very sexy. I never use more than two little "spritz" and I don't think it's overpowering this way.

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

I am looking for this scent really hard in my country, Trinidad, WI. Seems like I would have to special order this one..
It belongs with my other classic scents
Playful,youthful, sophisticated, vivacious

asimenia
asimenia

Used to wear this in the 80s - seeing as shoulder pads are on their way back - shouldn't we revive the perfumes! Thinking of buying it again ..... dare I?
My sister still hasn't forgotten the stench as we shared a bedroom!

paul_d
paul_d

A colleague (back in the 80s) would shower herself with this product. It would precede her arrival and linger long after... one of the guys used to refer to it as "the sweet smell of death"- not sure if it was a comment towards the perfume or the person wearing it ;). Little bit of both perhaps?

They say scent brings back strong memories. To this day I can spot it from 100 feet. Unforgettable is an understament...

JML LEE
JML LEE

an oldie but a goodie you only need a tiny bit of it because its very very strong

milena

Fifteen years later I decided to buy this opulent strong perfume again. It does give me a headache but I love the smell.Tiny dose of this scent worked well for me.I will try it on my skin and see whether the chemistry has changed since the last time I've worn it.Will let you know.

didinaru
didinaru

o! my ever favorite! like most of girls me too use to steel from my mothers cosmetics! and she always annoyed of me for this one still whenever i apply it kinda make me intense of emotions! :)
its simply lovely lovely lovely

obviously i remember a lot of ladies using it earlier but now seldom find it anywhere so kinda precious to use now!

pansylady

Dear cinsot- you poor child- your story of being held hostage by Giorgio reminded me of a similar 80s horror story- someone I knew got in a car accident and was pinned behind the wheel for an hour or so while "Wake me up before you go go" by Wham! kept playing over and over and over...

livingdedgrl
livingdedgrl

who didn't have this in the 80's? i know did and so did all my friends! i know this scent like the back of my hand if i smell it on someone! don't think i would wear it now, but i sure did back then!

Sassy1
Sassy1

I only had 1 bottle of this when it came out and it was so over-worn by everyone else, I hardly ever used it.
It's a bright and confident scent. Worn in moderation, it's really very pretty. Unfortunately, I have no desire to go back to it right now due to the over exposure on others.
Maybe 20 years from now I'll try it again, if it's still around.

milena

This perfume is not bad, you need only a tiny drop and your fixed for the day.Other wise a headache and a screamer.This was fifteen years ago.

pansylady

Oh my gosh- what a wretched smell- hair spray and I don't know what else-
and people used to lay it on thick and heavy, too-

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

I so wanted to love this perfume, with the yellow and white striped box, making me think of sunshine and awning and festivals and big beautiful hats!

Well now I learn: not all retro is your friend. See the big 80s perfume BLAART up your nose and knock you off your feet! Of course women had big hair and mighty shoulder pads, no unaugmented woman could face off this jasminous monster, not so much a fragrance, more a bottled quarterback.

In true 80s style, the damn thing honks at the start and just keeps going. I wandered round for an hour like the victim of an elephant gun, staggering while people watched to see when I would fall over. An hour later, the jasmine had left the scene of the crime and the woody notes became more prevalent with a soft beguiling sandalwood note. Pretty. Not enough to persuade me to buy it though... I can find woody perfumes without the screechy topnotes. I tried this on at 4 pm. It's now 9.50 pm, I've washed my hands twice and I can still smell it. Return to me Opium, all is forgiven!

Jasper
Jasper

Lush, opulent and voluptuous perfume of the 80's. You will transform to a B=Beautiful, I=Independent, T=Terrific , C=Charming, H=Hot, hot, hot gal upon first spritz. One of a fews bold and loud fragrance I love from my youth. It smells so rich and beautiful on my skin. The luxurious blooms last forever in any weather condition. I am aware that many people feel offended by it probably due to the inconsiderate amount some Giorgio's lover wear it, not the scent itself.

cassio
cassio

It´s dated , but very sexy.
The secret, don´t wear too much.
Good for parties.
It turns my head when I smell this in a woman.

guest_mimi
guest_mimi

My favorite! I wore Giorgio in the 80's when I was working, and I always have a bottle around since then. It's potent, but very pretty and so "me". My boyfriend says nobody smells quite like me- flowery and hauntingly beautiful. Never found a scent I loved more.

aaguilera
aaguilera

and older fragereance. but this perfume has such class. i like to wear it in the winter time ..it makes me feel warm and fresh. its beautiful and well worth !

guest_Legsofstlouis
guest_Legsofstlouis

I started wearing this perfume in 1987 and I still wear it today. Not everyday..special occasions. It smells different on every woman. Both of my husbands adored and adore it on me. I have never come across another woman in all these years that also wears this perfume. Very strange. It is my signature perfume. I cannot wear it very often now, since so many people have MCSD (multiple chemical sensitivity disorder). One must be kind.

benzippo

When this was all rage, we could only able to inhale the fragrance strip via imported magazines from the States and was a Beverly Hills exclusive before it was made available at our side of the globe.

Nevertheless, a very srong and loud fragrance for those who dared nowadays though.

Back to the juice, this has been discountinued over our end and I managed have a friend purchase me a bottle from the states.

Compared sied by side with the old bottle that I have carefully kept to preserved it, the new formulation seems to lack radiance and smelled kinda synthetic.

All in all, it still maintained the instantly identified scent despite the above which I suspected alternative ingredients which may be cheaper, were used as substituites to the original.

mihaela_dana
mihaela_dana

It's very strong, but it is an unforgettable perfume.

Vivi
Vivi

I loved this fragrance, although it is a strong one. A co-worker wore it as her signature fragrance & everybody knew when she was coming, so I tried a different one in the line.

ella21690
ella21690

i don't feel it so strong ...or strong it's more than bearable

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

I hated this in the 80's because it was just overexposed (remember all of the 'designer impostors'). It was also too strong for my child's nose. I revisited it a while back, and I think I've grown into it. It is a very loud, dominating fragrance which screams for attention, but sometimes, you want a perfume to be loud. This is one of those seamless perfumes for me- no one note dominates- but they all work very well together. The rule with Giorgio is moderation.

katyas
katyas

I used "Primo," the knock-off of this scent, for a number of years. I finally managed to get a bottle of the real stuff, and what a difference! The fragrance is strong and long-lasting, so you need to be a bit circumspect when using it, but the flowers mix so nicely with the fruit, spices and woods. Delicious!

margierose
margierose

I don't care too much for this one. I find Giorgio is too strong. When I first smelled it to me it smelled like detergent. It also gives me a headache,unfortunately. So I didn't re-purchase this frsgrance.

My mother used to use this fragrance and when I was a child I thought it matches her age,not a perfume for a young lady.the true is,I still think it's too sharp and feminine for me,but I also think it's incredibly bold.you can't just wear it and ignore that you're wearing a perfume or being ignored by others.it's full of the flowers,jasmine,rose but also some hidden peaches and bergamot.still I'm confused if it's a suitable fragrance for me,but I can say it matches the best way my mom.

Lolly007
Lolly007

Ich hatte es auch mal, fand es auch auf meiner Haut ranzig.
Bei meiner Freundin dagegen duftet es sehr schön.

I had it also times, found it ranzig also on my skin.
With my friend against it smells very beautifully.

xiamara
xiamara

its a great perfume. just rather bold and overpowering for me, most of the time. zhara def gave the best description!!

Zhara
Zhara

The fragrance for a party. The fragrance to go shopping with. The fragrance for a catfight. A sunny, bright, loud floral. Sweet but sharp floral, hot honeysuckle, succulent apricot, orange and peach.

Should automatically be included with every purchase of any convertible.

Malegria
Malegria

I loved this one. It seems to me very youthful, joyous, vibrant and insolent.Almost too teen-ish to wear now!!! I was surprised to find out that it was created in 1981 - for me it`s the spirit of early nineties - still the flashy 80s breathing in our backs, but the liberation to serenity is already on the way.
I don`t know why, but I am getting very clear honeysuckle in the very middle of Giorgio...

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

my grandma wore this when i was little and it was in style. she's moved on to more modern things now, but i always feel good when i smell it because of that.

kiselina
kiselina

I used to love it in the middle of the nineties. Recently I ordered a bottle of it online: yuck! Too floral, too many different kinds of flowers, too much vanilla, too much of everything, simply exessive.

Carmel
Carmel

I stopped liking it for a while but I recently bought a miniature of it and tried it yesterday. I remember why I loved it so, it's so bright and flowery! Definitely a little goes a long way with it though...

soirdelune
soirdelune

Oh, good god ... a hideous, haunting memory of those huge shoulder-pad scents of the 1980s. There was a time when every woman in Britain was wearing either this, Poison or Calvin Klein's Obsession (me!). Was talking to an old friend about this perfume yesterday -- she used to wear it, but now she says it makes her sick!

sanziana29
sanziana29

Interesting fragrance, classic. But, unfortunately, not staying power. It's fade out after 1 hour, and it's needs to be applied again and again.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

this fragrance is one of my favorites. it has a very strong and long lasting floral scent. i have learnt that many people do not like it and find it too strong. however, i feel it very feminine, a fragrance of a strong character. it is not at all a casual one. and... just a few drops...

2007

Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills 3.05 out of 5 based on 849 ratings and 239 user reviews

Wings Mini by Giorgio Beverly Hills, .13 oz Mini EDT for Women
Wings by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Women Eau de Toilette 0.12 oz MINI
EDT Mini 0.25oz
Wings by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men Eau de Toilette 0.25 oz MINI
Wings by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men Eau de Toilette 0.25 oz MINI
Wings Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Cologne Spray for Men
Wings Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Cologne Spray
Wings Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Cologne Spray
Wings by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Wings by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
BEVERLY HILLS 90210 MAGIC for WOMEN by Giorgio Beverly Hills EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Eau De Toilette 1oz
Wings Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Cologne Spray for Men
Wings Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Cologne Spray
WINGS for WOMEN by Giorgio Beverly Hills EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Wings by Giorgio Beverly Hills TESTER for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Wings by Giorgio Beverly Hills TESTER for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Eau De Toilette 4oz
Giorgio Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills, 4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Giorgio Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills - 4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
Giorgio Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills - 4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
Wings Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Red by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Red by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Wings Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
Wings Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
Red by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Red by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Red Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Red Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Wings Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Cologne Spray for Men
Eau De Parfum 3oz
G By Giorgio Perfume by Giorgio Beverly Hills, 3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
G BY GIORGIO for WOMEN by Giorgio Beverly Hills EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3 OZ
Giorgio Beverly Hills Eau De Toilette 90ml
Giorgio Beverly Hills Eau De Toilette 90ml
Giorgio Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills - 4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Giorgio Cologne by Giorgio Beverly Hills - 4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.