Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Giorgio for Men Giorgio Beverly Hills for men
dislike

honey
Giorgio for Men Giorgio Beverly Hills for men Pictures

Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Giorgio for Men was launched in 1984. Top notes are aldehydes, orange, , fruity notes and bergamot; middle notes are carnation, sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, orris root, cedar and rose; base notes are honey, tonka bean, amber, musk, benzoin, oakmoss and vanilla.

Aldehydes Orange Fruity Notes Bergamot

Tenere

Giorgio for Men Fragrance Reviews

Commander.Salamander
Commander.Salamander

Still have the 80's version which has since faded from from some artificial green color to a warm amber.

If you have ever made baklava, the desert, and liked the smell of that, you will love this. To my nose, almost a dead ringer for hot honeyed baklava.

mrmattcat78
mrmattcat78

Giorgio has arrived today , what can i say about this dude well he brings the 80's powerhouse with him , be ready to bust out your gold chains , gold rolex ,parachute pants, members only jacket , your 80's kicks and a t top camaro from 1984 and a cassette tape of Duran Duran , thats what this dude brings ! yep he is totally 80's Awesome

JPS1979
JPS1979

This is the very thing which first made me realize how much I love fragrances! I first smelled this as a fifth grader at Lazarus Department Store (now Macy's). I was bedazzled by the yellow and white stripes of Giorgio & the small faux velvet-lined box in which the tiny sample came in. Those were the days when they actually gave you samples. The cosmetics counters were adorned with huge factice dummy bottles of the latest colognes and perfumes, and you got a shopping bag for the particular brand of fragrance you had purchased. Immediately I told my mom that I wanted a bottle of this for Christmas. Without doubt I was one of the only 5th graders who smelled like this. I don't think most kids that age even think about fragrance much. I've always had an old soul and a preference for things that never seem to match my age.

I had forgotten about this for many years until I was a senior in high school and had learned it had been discontinued. About four years ago, I found boxes of it at TJ Maxx and have owned a bottle ever since. I don't wear it every day, only sometimes, and never in hot weather. I've read other reviews that the newer version which was made by EA is somewhat different. To my nose it's very similar, but I can see the notes are somewhat muddled together and not as distinct as before.

Still to this day, this has to be one of my favorites. Needless to say, the sillage and longevity are unbelievably strong for an EDT. Call it old fashioned, an old man's scent, low quality or anything else you like. For me, it still takes me back to that fall Saturday afternoon with my mother as a fifth grader and is full of fond childhood memories.

Ferdinand66
Ferdinand66

This is some awesome smelling 80's powerhouse men's perfume. I say perfume because this is no edt for me. The performance of this baby is akin to Antaeus for Men by Chanel in that it's truly a magnificent masterpiece.
If you want longevity, you got it. Sillage & projection is beyond enormous. And the scent, well the scent is masculine and strong! A bit powdery in the onset with patchouli/oakmoss/cedar, sandalwood/rose & aldehydes but on the drydown it really settles down to something sweet, a balmy honeyed scent..I don't know why this is but there's a nuance of ambergris in there somewhere, and for me that's a plus!
This baby also has great value since I got a 4Fl. Oz bottle for under twenty bucks and what a great blind buy it is!
Btw, did I mention about the sillage & projection?...yeah so go easy on the trigger. The atomizer is pretty decent so one spray on the chest before you put on your shirt will actually do or else you may just have the whole elevator to yourself!
This is an absolute 10, just for the novelty alone..Lol ;)

DSun
DSun

The middle-aged sales lady told me it is a re-issue but remains close to what it was back in the 80's. So, with a tremendous amount of caution, I sprayed it on. I was greeted by all the hallmarks of the powerhouses from that decade. Very potent. Heavy sillage. Cloying. With patchouli galore!

I walked out of there muttering to myself that the heart and drydown better be worth this initial olfactory assault.

Inevitably, it did start to tame down and I smelt the rose and cinnamon. And that made me smile.

Yes, Giorgio, you certainly made up for that harsh beginning. I am glad we are finally acquainted. I know I shall be seeing more of you.

mamali1976
mamali1976

Giorgio beverly hills pour homme=givenchy gentelman
I have both of them its similar giorgio just have littel bit more honey and more sweet but both go the same way ....
Long lasting:10/10
Scent:9/10
For buy:8/10

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I wore this fragrance to death in the 80's. It was very popular back then. I remember the patchouli and honey and smelling very sweet. I also remember it being very, very strong, long lasting and pleasant. It was a compliment getter every time. I don't think I would buy a new bottle though.

vonMises

I have the newer version, bought about a year ago. It is top-notch. Gets compliments, and is both sweet and fresh smelling, with a perfectly measured amount of patchouli. The natural forms of the stated notes are so inexpensive that I can't imagine there would be many synthetic ingredients used in this composition, and this does come off very natural smelling.

It's so inexpensive, there is little reason not to own this, unless maybe you just hate patchouli.

ezeizat
ezeizat

Own the vintage juice. Smells rich & full.. Love it.

KoceFF

Does the vintage and the E.A. version look the same or are there some diferences in the botle or the box?

shahab.zaidi

Unexpectedly i found on a store and got it. Yes its very strong in the opening. As the time passes on it develops a sweet enriched aroma with patcholli background.
Very unique and unmatchable. Old school vibe, but this is really a beautiful scent. I am young but have so many old school fragrances as i get bewitched of old fragrances as they always haunt me. Habit Rouge is on top.
But i think Giorgio for men is going to be my last powerhouse scent, as i should now see some modern stuff.

Bbjr

Just received a bottle of the vintage and the reformulation is nowhere close to this. The vintage is a beautiful refined patchouli with a layer of oak moss underneath that makes it absolutely astounding. The reformulated version by EA is a confused concoction of I don't know what but all I get from it is a headache. If you can find the vintage juice, buy it now, it may be gone forever soon.

missan

If you go easy on the trigger I think you can use this present formulation, at least for yourself. It´s not especially good, but what the heck ít´s still a lot better than many.
I also have half a bottle left from the original formulation. I use it nowadays very sparingly, as the chance to get another one is so small. It´s a masterpeace IMHO, cannot be repeated.

THEREALJWIL
THEREALJWIL

I got a bottle of the "Brown" last week based on some recommendation of a few people. I had the EA version previously and it was a horrid mess that gave me a headache to be honest. I am going to respectfully disagree with anyone who says that both the new and classic juice are either identical or even close. The "Brown" is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I am not much into Vintage yet because of my lack of true appreciation to this point but, with this experience i am sure to delve into the past now! A couple of my buddies got a bottle as well and they were too blown away. I know the juice turned brown due to age and the possible air getting to it because i got the "Extraordinary Cologne" that has a air tight twist top and the juice was still green from the same batching. I get a lot of Oak-moss straight forward and the Patchouli is also very prevalent ..the honey smooths this beautiful concoction out and WOW does one spray last FOREVER! and it sticks to anything you get near it. They don't make them like this anymore.....GET A BOTTLE!!

lomerlaw
lomerlaw

I picked up a bottle of this as an inexpensive blind buy: I had recollections of this being an old-school power fragrance which is the kind I like (Quorum, Drakkar Noir, Gianfranco Ferre For Man, etc ) but this didn't work for me at all. The opening was harsh and cheap/artificial. Fifteen minute after I tested it, my wife walked into the bedroom and asked "Why does it smell like bug spray in here?" which pretty much sealed the deal. She was correct. This smelled like the old pump action bug sprayers filled with DDT. Maybe the bnew formulation is a pale imitation of the original because some credible reviewers seem to like this, but for me it was not just bad, it was disgusting. Lots of sillage and longevity, but that's actually a negative given the horrid concoction.

Roselorien
Roselorien

This is what honey boo boo child has been spiking her go-go juice with.

My dad kept a huge bottle of this stuff in our guest bath in the late 80s. Fascinated by perfume, I must have tested it on a sheet of toilet paper a half dozen times, and every time I felt like some hairy fabio guy was bum rushing me at a disco club. Really it's nothing more than a slap in the face.

MrStinky
MrStinky

THIS STUFF IS LOUD, LIKE WRITTING IN ALL CAPS.
Even in the 80's I thought this was obnoxious.
If you have a comb-over, wear large chains & medalions over your velour track suit, and refer to all women as "Honey", this was made for you.

Either that, or you're Al Pacino in Scarface.
This is not sophistication, its vulgarity.

Reminds me of the Southern Comfort commercial with the large hairy guy in a speedo & black loafers strutting down the beach. He would wear this.

thumbone.arts
thumbone.arts

always had a thing for woody & spicy fragrance, this thing is really huge, really long lasting, a manly masculine fragrance, not for the biebs at heart. thumbs up, love it.

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

In my review of Creed Acier Aluminum I said I would love to find a fragrance who gives me the same vibe than the Creed (now that it has been discontinued and the prices for the last bottles went to the roof). How close I was to find it; I used to bath on this olfactory jewel back on the 80´s and 90´s and I am glad I found one sample today and yes... I find it very similar to the Creed, they share basically the same notes and it might even last longer; a real bargain powerhouse! ($27us for a 4oz bottle)

Anon_gibs
Anon_gibs

THEROARING80s... This is minding- blowing blast to the past... In a wonderful way!!! Think bass-booming big city discoteques full of big hair, overdressed peeps gyrating n banging to the latest boom- boom- boom hit fueled by quality drugs n liters of booze. This juice is not for the faint- hearted. Its raw n ruff yet totally sexy in that harley leather fashion.

Its lushly green w vibrant patch smoothed on the edges w florals of rose n carnation. Its mossy n woody n dirty. All this studly constructed on a musky leathery foundation.

They dont make frags like this todAy... They wouldnt dare!!! Lol! Few men are manly enuff to pull it off the way we did back then. Def a diff era. But pleasing to have the good fortune to have experienced such a wild and wonderful time n survived it to relive in memory.

I could see many male types rocking this frag in todays world. The college dude out for a night of clubbing or the 40+ man elegant n confident in his demeanor. He too will have the history to back up this beast.

A warning... This is serious manliness at its best. Throw on that leather jacket n black boots n hit the night scene... U will be found by both women n men desiring that special something that u have that they dont have but lust for!!! Its amazing stuff!!!

Enjoy!!! ( forget being politically correct or responsible...) GO FOR IT HARD!!! Just be prepared for a great time... Thats what this juice is!!!

RobbieX

Just to add to the review below. If you like a gorgeous long lasting patchouli sillage...this is the scent for you - if fact, it has a patchouli note very similar to the gorgeous Zino (Davidoff). Giorgio puts quite a few expensive scents to shame. This is a classic in my opinion.

Matamare
Matamare

A fragrance JUST FOR MAN

crisplang
crisplang

Don't know how I used to wear this. It gives me a headache now.

Slayerized
Slayerized

What else to add to the mostly positive reviews!
This is an excellent (mainly) patchouli-honey-amber-oakmoss fragrance which is reformulated but still very good with amazing sillage and longevity! I just bought this (again and dirt cheap) with dark green color and it's amazing! A little goes a long way and less is more with this one! Do not overspray and not more than 3 sprays which is already a lot as the bottle sprays lots of juice with one squirt!
Comparisons with Givenchy Gentleman are a little off as GG is imo way darker, more based on a patchouli-leather-vanilla combo than this one! Both excellent and worth having both!

Brain-in-a-vat
Brain-in-a-vat

I bought this blind from all the great reviews (dirt Cheap) & longing to recreate the eighties

Beautiful colour, beautiful 125ml "grabable" bottle, beautiful cap, but to me it smells like an massive toxic explosion in a soap factory.

Maybe I really have missed something here and I hate to say anything negative on this brilliant site, so forgive me y'all.

And perhaps I have an undeveloped nose.

But quite frankly: this is foulest fragrance I've ever smelt....

...and it actually gives me a headache.

jivanshi
jivanshi

I don't know what to make of this. I have bought the new reformulation (I never had the vintage one), and it is nothing like the powerhouse most of you guys are talking about, not even close. I'm pretty sure it's not fake, so this is not the issue. And I have seen a few of you guys had the same problem: it starts strong, but then it dies down in a couple of hours. It gets so close to the skin that you must stick your nose on to smell what's left of it - which, true, lasts, but doesn't project any more, not at all. I can't blame my nose for it, thiking that it gets "the fatigue" in a couple of hours with this kind of scent - that same nose does not have any fatigue at all with Givency Gentleman for a whole day. (By the way, this reminds me of GC as far as the patchouli and honey goes, but that's it, that wonderful leather, vetiver and a lot of other notes are simply not here).
I have found other guys on the net complaining of the same thing, eg, and I quote: "When this reformulation first came out it was one of the best reformulations (IMO) for any re-launched designer scent. In the past two weeks I have smelled roughly 6 different batches of this and they all smell different. There is ZERO quality control for this product. (...) Also be advised that the juice is a DARK GREEN or LIGHT GREEN color." Mine is light green. It seems that the dark green one is the one to look for, if you have the possibility to choose.
I will finish this bottle up (it is a lovely scent with nothing nasty in it) but that's it: in the future, I will stick to my beloved and far, far superior GC - and this is not an inappropriate comparison, since at the rate as this needs to be reapplied, those two get to be rougly the same price.
PS: At the same time with this, I also bought GBH Wings for Men, which I find simply wonderful - and long lasting, and with good projection etc.!

Perigee
Perigee

Pa-Tum Tum: "Please, Please, Tell Me Now!! Is There Something I Should Know??"

Heh; I never owned this sucker back in the old days, having faithfully married her sister scent, my beloved Red. So, some thirty years later, here we are met at our Old School reunion. And boy, there's no mistaking the bloodline, even after reformulation.

The eighties were an age of excess, anything but muted or subtle, and juice like this is loud; trumpets and analogue synths blaring like a foghorn. This giant escaped the millennium somehow, smashing buildings and tripping over high-tension wires along the way. And, in an age of sophistication, Giorgio is even more Adam Ant In Your Face flamboyant than it was back in its youth. It may not be Better than your Chanel, but it will trip it, give it a wedgie and steal its lunch money, just because.

These social sins are forgivable only because, unlike Joop, Giorgio smells good doing it - it makes a splash of neon green look good in the 21st Century. And that is even harder than it sounds, considering the public blowback on scents in general. Of course, it takes a certain mindset to pull it off - Giorgio is a Clydesdale, and it's easy to look foolish trying to ride it. You have to be a little larger than life and cocksure to stay in proportion with it.

Ignitron
Ignitron

This is the best cologne I've tried so far. It is elegant, sweet and has a warm, sunny feel to it - not exactly what I've expected buying so - called "powerhouse" scent - but still has a hint of harshness that makes it smell manly. The packaging and juice color is exactly what it smells like. It smells yellow. The dominant note for me is slightly bitter honey. Imagine that you had a jar of honey and spiced it up just a little bit- added patchouli, some flowers, some oakmoss - that honey from now on smells like Giorgio.

The longevity is excellent, I can easily smell it on my skin after 24 hours. It has a weird property that the sillage INCREASES with time and reaches its peak after 1-2 hours (see Shamus1 review at the bottom of a page), so it's very easy to overdose; 2 sprays is enough, even if it smells weak in the beginning.

To KoseFF:
In my opinion Giorgio is better suited for low temperatures. But that is very subjective. Another time I may think the opposite. You have to try and see what you think. In my opoinion, it is a very good fragrace and probabbly not bad at all in any circumstances.

KoceFF

Can I use it in the summer? It's over 30 celsius here.

mustafa24
mustafa24

never smelt it before, but when i bought it blindly i was surprised as how good it was, lasts ages and i find it very similar to givenchi gentleman, maybe they are both from the same era.

tuscany
tuscany

This is truely a cltassic frag..it' a mans cologne, not a pretty boy's smell..

Mancorp
Mancorp

There are 80s powerhouse fragrances I still appreciate. This is not one of them. It's middle age crisis in a bottle, balding on top, fat around the middle, hot-breathed and bottom slapping, the kind of juice Hank Hill's boss, Buck Strickland, might apply on his way to a strip joint. The fault is probably not with the scent itself but with a combination of its overuse and its megaton patchouli payload. Then again, it's doubtful that a frag like this, sold in a bottle shaped like a hip flask (courage in a bottle) was ever intended for sober application. As with the hair bands of the same era, you either play this loud or not at all.

vonMises

A perfectly comfortable, wearable fragrance. Heavy, but sweetened with honey, so who could complain?? The patchouli is rich as leather. Thickened with vanilla and tonka, offset only slightly by the flower (carnation?) and cedar. Very well done.

word-doctor

I want to echo Remington here: be careful. I only wear this when I'm doing sweaty work at home (like working in the attic in a Texas summer). This morning my 14 year old, who is no fan of Axe, may have overdone it by several sprays.

Giorgio truly fills a room. Nearly all of what I own is stronger than moderate, and this is the strongest cologne of all. One has to get into oils (Majmua) to eclipse it.

Will probably have a note from the school at home, asking me to either ration the Giorgio or dress him in a Polyphonic Spree t-shirt.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Very nice classic powerhouse type scent. Very strong as others have mentioned. Spray yourself and wait about 10-15 min before going around others, as is the rule with most powerhouses. Very nice Patchouli-Honey-Oakmoss with some very light florals in the middle. Smells wonderful, especially at this price point.

Bbjr

Have to agree with Grottola, this is, by far, the strongest scent I can remember. I wore this back in the 80's and it was one of my favorites back then but i haven't had it since. However, I've been reading the reviews on it here and there and decided, what the heck maybe I'm missing out. So I got my bottle today and one short spray and I almost blacked out. Holy hell this stuff is STRONG! I can't quite decide if this is the way it smelled back then but I'm thinking not and apparently EA has changed the composition. Not even sure I like it but I guess I'll have to wait for the dry down and see what appears.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Giorgio is another ol school 80s colonge that still holds up today in 2013. Classic, legendary, and everlasting. Giorgio packs a punch with a warm spicy note then dries down to a sandlewood vanilla vibe. This a frag that can be easily found in your local bargain bins such as Tj Maxx and Ross for like 20 bucks or less for a 3.4 oz bottle. Giorgio by GBH is a classic that is in my collection and will stay in rotation. Perfect for day and night, just a splash and it last all day

limited Edition
limited Edition

I have an original bottle from the 80s and it still smells great..this fragrance reminds me of extra virgin olive oil..use it sparringly..the fragrance is fresh and unique..i really like it

junior halston

Nothing like Habit Rouge. Giorgio is very sharp and aftershave smelling.

shahab.zaidi

Can some one tell me? Is it closer to habit rouge?

pianist75
pianist75

Watered down !!! Nothing else to say...weak projects for 1 hour well then its completely gone!!! No sign of wearing anything. F**k the new policy of making weak frags.same as channel , CD, and all the big houses that used to make incredible frags . Nowdays we pay..they get rich ..im only buying RIEN or Montale or pure arabian oil perfumes thats it. Im done paying for their bullshit frags watered down juices!!!

ericrico
ericrico

Review for Vintage formulation of Giorgio for Men:

It has been many years since I last smelled this - the nostalgic bottle has been brought back by EA, but I am a purist and found a 4oz Vintage bottle for a very fair price. Wow - I am very thankful I did!

Some wonderful reviews here already by people I highly admire - the passion of krmarich, the honesty of Grottola, the insight of Migalex and the articulate "caution label" by Shamus1! Great stuff.

The opening is big and bold! I get a very nice, classic burst of aldehydes and citrus (with a light, fruity boozy accord) that melds into a sharp carnation note for the ages. Moving to the heart, for me, this is when the composition really starts to settle and come together - and build in both strength and richness. The great patchouli is there - earthy, green (slightly herbaceous) but grows deeper and woodier - but not smoky, along with the nice fresh cinnamon and rose. To me, this is really nice and not an overload for my senses at all. Mind you, I like strong scents and it takes a guy with confidence to try this - let alone do a full wearing. Orris root with the dark and resinous cedar create depth, the accord is a nice, slightly powdery warm wood note in the heart that is smoothed out by the creamy sandalwood, further enhanced by key notes of honey, amber and vanilla that breathe into the heart from the base. A true focal point in the wearing (with the aldehydic opening now faded out)...this is in full stride and showing its oriental soul with mid-80's Americana vibe.

I really like this - it's very tasteful, serious, but macho as well. I find balance in this Oriental Woody with the key note of Oakmoss showing wonderfully in the base - which seems to just be sitting at the bottom of the bottle soaked in resinous amber, benzoin, tonka bean and honey. The vanilla note is not heavy - but as mentioned, rather powdery. Old-school vanilla, unlike modern compositions, that tend to be thick and heavy - with an ethereal vibe. This never gets too sweet. The nice, clean musk gives this ability to lift off your skin nicely. The dry down is wonderful. This is also not too loud - it is actually a nice radiant aura scent on my skin that wafts up to my nose.

Final note that I find (really an accord from the entire composition) of significance is unlisted, and not found in a scent pyramid - "panache". This bottle has it - in spades. It must be the old-fashioned, barbershop ribbed bottle with the metal cap in the yellow & white striped box sporting the classic, vintage logo. This is Giorgio Beverly Hills after all. The 80's vibe is not cheesy - it's what classy was three decades ago. If you don't understand this or don't like it, then you were not alive then. A distinct association to sun-soaked Los Angeles, convertible import cars with big price tags and dinner reservations at The Palms Restaurant in Beverly Hills. This is what was worn by the well-dressed, successful gentleman as he pulled up for the valet to open his door. He had it and the scent just enhanced it..."panache". He grinned as he grabbed his blonde date and walked her into the restaurant in a designer Italian suit with a swagger.

I cannot give this a score, but I will say that Vintage juice is definitely worth seeking out...it is excellent. Very happy to have it - cheers.

word-doctor

BBBB (blind bought big bottle) for 17 bucks. I get a lot of the same notes as Aramis and Givenchy, but with a lot more honey/sweet notes up front. Dries down to something less sweet--more like Aramis--whereas GG starts out drier and ends up more sweet and subdued/composed.

So... let's talk patchouli. Giorgio is a bomb. The middle drydown (about 1.5-2 hours) is a little scary. There is just an awful ruckus as the honey departs and the amber and other base notes show up.

Last night I sprayed GG and G one on each arm and I had to go to the chiropractor today because they threw my back out.

This is not a scent I could wear to work. Ever. Except and unless I applied in the morning and went in Friday after lunch.

Giorgio is an amazing bargain. For a P-Bomb I find it more natural than Lapidus, but not as well composed or versatile as GG.

Sillage: 10/10

krmarich

My large vintage 4oz bottle arrived today. I paid under $20 USDs! This is amazing in every way. It is really a different fragrance from the current EA version, which is a pale echo of the original. To reproduce its original formula would be astronomically expensive. This is high end niche quality!!!

To begin, the juice is darker. It offers a twist off cap for the spray or splash option. That leaves you two different openings-spraying releases aldehydes and oakmoss, giving it a projection like no other. It doesnt just fill a room, yet my entire house is more like it. In todays world, a tiny dab from the bottle is all you need. The fruity notes are peachy dried apricots. Most men today may find it feminine(Aromatic Elixer), not in a unisex way. Its not, really. Its just from another time.

Then comes the heart that is priceless-very green PATCHOLI(you must enjoy this note or else) that shares the stage with a lot of oakmoss(my favorite note of all!), honeyed rose(tiny white ones that just break your heart), cinnamon and real sandalwood. The duration is 24 hours or more. Yes, there is some vetiver in here. The iris gives it some powder. The cedar amber notes are very sturdy. The vanilla is dark, like a Guerlain vanilla. This is my pick for Mitsouko for men.

Its an elegant chypre more than anything, as it takes its time to unfold all of those rich dry notes. Strangely, its not sexy(no civet or skanky musk), just an openly flirty attention grabber. Just give it lots of space/time to roam. Fragrance in the modern age doesnt have the time for a chypre. Indeed, it is a class that has left the market, perhaps forever. I have been writing this review for several hours, savoring every nuance.

Its a clean green Rodeo Drive Rolls Royce. Fendi Uomo later added black leather and more darkeness, a black Farrari racing around the Amalfi coast. Thats the closest thing I can compare it to. Both are superb.

For those of us who experienced it then, it is quite dated-wine coolers, moussed hair, Miami Vice, sunglasses at night, 80 tuxedos with real diamond cuff links. 24 years later, I find it everything I STILL love. Nothing can ever really compare to Giorgio for men. American culture had reached its peak as far as fragrance was concerned. OOP, its now just a fading memory for most...

Oh, sorry, I had to toss out my EA Fragrance bottle. Its worthless compared to this magnificent original.

HezFairy
HezFairy

Oh yes, this is the most glorious scent on a man! Complex and wonderful, everyone seems to smell it differently, but I don't know anyone who doesn't like it. It is a welcoming fragrance, very masculine, very, very sexy. warm and seductive.

This has to be the pied piper of all men's perfumes! I hope it hasn't been ruined and reformulated - I just bought a bottle online for my husband, but I won't be letting him out of the house wearing it without me ;)! It is truly magical on him and unlike any other.

It is so powerful, I'd recommend guys to wear just a dab at the back of the neck - so that it's source is mysterious, and so it does not clash with or overpower your lady's perfume. She needs to catch just an enticing whiff of it - less is more!

The first time I smelled this, I was in a charity shop and it was just closing. It stopped me in my tracks and I asked, "What is that heavenly scent?!" No one seemed to know, but then at the checkout, the girl sprayed some scent in the air - that was it! "Oh it's just something that came in a bag of stuff!", she said dismissively, "It makes the shop smell nice!" I asked if it was for sale, and she checked with the manager who said I could have it for 50 pence - it was almost full and still in its box! :) Love at first sniff! My favourite of all time!

This is an expensive looking bottle, and the perfume smells expensive too, but it will last ages and is very affordable.

kl99
kl99

I will hazard, but I believe Giorgio is the perfume of the perfumes,a compendium of almost all the fragrances created, expecially of the 80s. Or, to be moderate: I can find in it a piece of a perfume I love in it. And to being so, is well balanced and not in particularly similar to anyother!
This is a giant (not just for sillage and longevity), and it holds many facets, so every time you wear it you face something different. One of this facet I strongly notice into the new Eau Sauvage Parfum (obviously Dior), and another is Aromatics Elixir (Clinique), and then Aramis 900.
I love it, expecially the aura of protection that it built around you, protecting you and your nose from smells and others common scents, expecially into clubs, and discos, when sometimes you feel like into a sauna. I'm totally not agree with the comparison with the despicable monsieur de givenchy, as I've written on the comment space about it "smells like a tomb. Sad, cold, a rain of dried roses, wax, musty woods, fusty incense, and mushroom, the base with pieces of soil of the mushrooms. ..ecc.. Incomparable with Giorgio beverly hills (I understand the background is similar, but with many more colours). Giorgio opens like a sunny happy day on a fruit garden in summer. It has a bit the same vintage classic old woman aftertaste. But in a positive cheerful sweet way."

missan

I have the original edt and after shave as well as the EA version. The first two are well balanced and natural, very very nice. The EA version is very unbalanced with a much too strong and harsh opening and little development, also much inferiour ingredients.
original 9/10
EA 5/10

I also have an edp version made in France. I use this very sparingly as it´s very special.

Lvegas
Lvegas

Love this, it reminds me of my youth in the eighties

fuggerone
fuggerone

great and sexy and smells of 80's and for real men only!

Lou E Lov
Lou E Lov

Most Def for special occasions and fine events!!!
I almost always get compliments when wearing this
powdery spice explosion!!!

Don't forget to put on your pinky ring!!!

prot72
prot72

I never ever was expecting that this fragrance can be so wonderful, mysterious and complicated. Today I bought it for 10€ in casual corner where hundreds of celebrity scent were put to a big basket and where nobody pay attention to them. The yellow-white striped box was different than everything else in this trash looking container. Because I was reading about it before on Fragrantica I decided to give it a chance :-) and now I understand so many positive reviews. I don't know whether you remember The Hairspray movie ... the funny comedy from seventies and than its remake with John Travolta. Giorgio for Man is exactly from this era. There is nothing modern in this fragrance but it is so amazing. I love it from the beginning to the end. Warm woods mixed wits sweet spices. It is also bit animalic and however the civet is not listed as a ingredient it is for sure there. Giorgio is not harsh or overpowering is cozy and deeply warm. Forget typical fragrances from eighties that can kill you after one sniff, Giorgio is created to surround you with friendly aura. I can smell also something like old fashioned cake shop with cinnamon scones and freshly prepared coffee. The sweetness is prominent but not created by sugar of vanilla, it is very natural and probably given by ambergris. How I told I love this fragrance and can recommend it for everyone who wants to discover something beautiful from the past but still special and unique.

Bobster
Bobster

This is one masterpiece of a fragrance. I really can not get enough of this. EA fragrances brought this back and I am so glad they did. Its rich,elegent,sophisticated,and my goodlio it's strong and I love it!!!!! This is a mans scent. MASCULINE all the way. I get at least 6-8 hrs on this and it projects quite well. When aquatics start to be a bore reach for Giorgio not only will you smell like the man that you are but you will also attract the likes of opposite sex.

pob75
pob75

Initially very strong, sharp and a little medicinal. It seems to get stronger over the first hour. By 2 hours it is less sharp, more floral.

By 4 hours it is a spiced, masculine honey smell with some floral notes and woodiness.

Projects massively for 6+ hours. By 7 hours it is still projecting noticeably but is closer to the skin. Longevity is very good - in excess of 10 hours.

I personally love this but it is probably not one to blind buy.

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

i really have to reconsider my opinion on this one. At first i found it fresh on the skin. I now found out it was because it was -20°C outdoors...cos frankly I've given this one 2 weeks now in normal conditions and I hate it...it smells bad, it's way too heavy, it has the name 'cheapo' written all over !! Of course that's just my humble opinion and although I like strong frags (Azarro PH, Polo...) I really hate this one...Mind you folks there is a difference between powerhouses and powerhouses...this one...not my cup of tea

williamvargas

decided to re purchase this one after many years of not having it in my collection, reading some of the reviews made me think, hey i wasn't wrong all those years ago. reasonably priced these days.still an awesome fragrance. I would say this is a man's scent. again do not overapply..funny i have some much newer and more expensive fragrances, my wife loves this one on me..always asks me, did you just put on cologne ? even though i have had it on for a couple or more hours,..i ask too much?,...no, it smells nice, so it seems to always project like you just put some on..she thinks it is a sexy scent, which is a good thing..i really think the secret to this one is go a little lighter on the trigger rather than a little heavy.

missan

I have the same opinion on this as I have on Grey Flannel.
The E.A. version is good, I like it, but the vintage version is much better. More natural, better note separation, nicer flowers and longer lasting.

MrMookie
MrMookie

I (blind)bought it today i was so excited to smell this one after reading about it for the past months.
Its sold also here in my country very cheap and i never had the chance to test it in perfume stores because all our mayor perfume stores dont have this one on the shelves think its because its not well known here and maybe its too cheap to make bucks out of it i guess...

Anyway i openend the big bottle and sprayed on my wrist
First reaction :
A blast! it penetrates like grottola said like a nuclear fall out but in a good way! its a strange/odd femasculine scent and the beginning (after 2 mins) reminds me like the burning smell of Cartier Declaration! you truly can tell this one is gonna give you a smellsensation on the way it develops later!
I really LOVE scents who blast you away in the beginning these are the most interesting ones imo!
Its definiatly not a scent what is linear for sure i can tell this one is like a Gobstopper it changes colors throughout the process on your skin (i really like to smell it on others and in warmer weather conditions!)

Ok about the bottle and package! i truly thought this scent would be more light & fresh because the color and the package reminds me of a sunny 1950's bikini beach scene when all things back in the days where more sweet and naive but the opposite does strike me,the scent is robust and almost dark in a macho kind a way. its warm,spicy,sensual and the drydown more sweet but still spicy masculine
I must say i find this one a masterpiece! Every perfume lover needs to have smelled this one. (in my opinion its to cheap it deserves a higher price compared to other more higher priced scents)

I know for sure here in my country not many walk around with scent because i have a very good and scent memory recognition and i never sniffed it on a person here...
so im a lucky person!

thnx EA for bringing it back! now do your marketing ,put it in a new bottle design, wrap it in a sexy advertisement campaign with George Clooney & Brad Pitt riding a donkey in the dessert chasing a lady in a catsuit and tune up the price!
(price it $50 ,$40 for EA and $10 for the people in need) and you guys are my HeRoeS!

behzad1280
behzad1280

“Giorgio Beverly Hills For Men”, oh, it smells Gangster in suit!
Smell of whisky and boldness! Very strong stuff. After an hour you can smell carnation, rose, and patchouli and it's still strong!
Would be better while smoking!
No matter being old, it’s still wearable.

یک عطر نسبتاً قدیمی با بوی تند و شدید که در وحله اول به بوی ویسکی شباهت داره و بعد از یکی دو ساعت میشه رایحه نعناع و میخک و رز رو از اون شنید. در مقایسه با عطرهای تند قدیمی مثل آرامیس، خیلی بهتره و در واقع با وجود قدیمی بودن هنوز هم میشه روش حساب کرد
دوام و پخش بو هم که در حد اعلاست

I gave the EA version a regular wearing today (1 spray to chest), and I've never tried the original one. It's probably strong enough for me, but I won't go to two sprays because I find that this kind of fragrance can nauseate me. I think it's the combination of patchouli, amber, and wood, especially cedar. Here, there is sandalwood and cedar listed as notes, but they must be very mild, because I barely detect anything resembling wood and this frag doesn't bother me too much. There is also the possibility that it's too blended, because the new Givenchy Gentleman doesn't seem to bother me. Givenchy Gentleman has better note separation, so right now I'd guess it's the blending that is most likely to blame.

Anyway, Giorgio for Men does seem strong enough, but I could certainly imagine it being stronger (in the original formulation). It has a bit of that "synthetic"/rubbery amber thing going that's common in many older fragrances, but it's not too bad here. This is not really the kind of fragrance I enjoy most these days, but it does seem to be at least a decent reformulation, unlike some others I've encountered. Over time, I find myself enjoying it more. It seems to come together nicely, a sort of orange-tinted, vanillic, herbal-tinged, mildly sweet/ambery and mossy fragrance. Longevity is excellent and projection ("sillage") is moderate to good with one spray. Considering the prices for this new version, I think it should be considered an excellent deal, though not for those who don't like "old school" fragrances.

UPDATE: I now have the original version too. As usual, compared to the original, the new version I have is seriously lacking in base note potency (and I'd guess quality too). The opening is much stronger in the new version, to the point of being irritating whereas the great base notes are obvious in the original. The original is a flat out great fragrance in every way. I doubt I will wear the new version ever again; what would be the point?.

Senzadite
Senzadite

I´m wearing it right now...and it feels darker than most blacks...stronger than most intense versions of any cologne, eau de toilette or eau de parfum for men that i can think of; it should be named "Patchouli Heaven" and bottled in a "Niche brand" bottle; but thank god it isn´t. Love it.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I was only in my early teens when this was launched, but I remember everyone wearing this stuff. Eventually I bought myself a bottle and I fell in love, too. This sat right next to my bottles of Grey Flannel and YSL Pour Homme.

There is an up and down side to Giorgio...

The upside is that it is really and truly delicious. I couldn't put enough of this stuff on... the lime, orange, gentle spices... Oh, wow was this delicious. And you have to remember that this was in the days when 'gourmand' hadn't quite evolved into what it is today - 'food'-ic scents were really not a part of perfumery in the mid-eighties, so this was like nothing else on earth. No wonder men and women drained these bottles like expensive vodka - it was so happy! I wish I could DRINK it, it was THAT sweet and delicious.

The downside has to do with time and age... Giorgio hasn't really aged well as a fragrance. It seems to be lost in time, but not in a timeless way. I'd compare it to the cartoon Bloom County by Berkley Breathed. For those of us who remember it, Bloom County was absolutely hysterical - but looking back on it now, it's completely of its time, and would be lost on current generations who weren't around during the Regan era. Giorgio is a relic from that time. It almost smells too optimistic and brash for the complex times we currently live in. There is no mystery to Giorgio, no secrets or smoke or globalized scent... it's innocently naive with its smile turned toward the sun. And for some, that may be enough to love it still.

krmarich

A brilliant, monumental icon from the 1980s. I spent half a paycheck on a bottle in the day. It was a magical time in that fairy tale world of the late 80s. Yes, the warm California sun was on sale at your local mall. I used it liberally and frequently! Damn the torpedoes! Its full speed into danger and excitement...

The opening is shocking and overwhelming, even in its current "hushed down" formula. After its raucous green opening comes the deep, powerful, rich heart that beats strong and hard for hours. Carnation, sandalwood, honey, iris and rose are basically taboo in todays market for men. The oakmoss is still very pronounced, lending a traditional fougere that cannot be forgotten.

This is still in production today and I would suggest it for males who like to express his character. I hope you are still out there.

williamvargas

i remember wearing this years ago..very potent,had to be careful not over applying..but if used smart, it is a very masculine fragrance. i always got compliments but i had to learn how to apply lightly. i remember reading that al davis of the raiders wore this when it first came out..

missan

I have both a new one and a vintage. When not dramatically different,regarding the notes, I find the old one to have a more natural quality, stronger and lasts longer. Still I think the new is a really good buy if one wants to get away from the generics of today.

Migalex

I do not usually like male perfumes,and although I do not like this perfume as much as some female ones, I do like it a lot and the people who smell it on me seem to like it even better. I wear and always wore lots of perfumes, and many of them do not get me more than negative comments, however expensive they are, but with this one I get lots of compliments, some of them quite enthousiastic. Contrarily to what other people said, this perfume does not smell too manly, having actually features of female perfumes. It is quite sweet, which is not typical of a male perfume, aldehydic, and it has no aromatic notes, unlike almost all other male perfumes, nor does it have spices other than sweet cinnamon. And like any real good perfume, it is not supposed to be sniffed from close on, because it does have very good projection and the smell at a distance is not the same as at close contact, it is much nicer. I think people who say they do not like it do not wait for the perfume to develop and smell it on skin contact. The smell changes dramatically over time, while it develops, and as stressed out by other members, the smell actually improves with time, going from orangey through a strong patchouly and cinnamon, quite powdery also floral stage to end up with a lovely sweet aura around you, first heavier on the homey and later on the vanilla, which seems to last forever. It also hardly smells twice exactly the same, being very sensitive to the athmospheric conditions and probably the changeable features of your skin. In particular it is very sensitive to the temperature. To me, the colder the better. It brings the cinnamon out. Anyway, I think it suits cold weather better than hot weather. In particular, I do not find it adequate to very hot days. Sillage is also great, and sometimes quite embarassing, because it fills up a room even hours after you sprayed it and reaches other people's senses even before you actually enter a room or they see you. I do like that though, even when at the same time I find it somehow embarassing. It is sold very cheap, but it is much better than the vast majority of the male perfumes sold by four or more times its price, and almost all like one another, either woody aromatic or aquatic, wih no sillage at all, which given their usually to me unpleasant smell is quite a good thing.

Grottola
Grottola

Holy shit, this is the strongest fragrance I have ever smelled.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm just warning you all that it's really friggin' strong. It projects like nuclear fallout and lasts longer than a marriage.

So, what does Giorgio for Men smell like? Well, besides the piercing aldehyde blast at the beginning, Giorgio for Men is pretty much a bitter patchouli powerhouse. It's very dark and sort of powdery, but mostly bitter and dry with patchouli and moss. I don't get much sweetness from it. And, really, that's about it for me. If you dig scents like Yatagan, Loewe Pour Homme, Red for Men, or Jacomo de Jacomo, then you'll probably like Giorgio for Men. It's very butch and earthy smelling, and I happen to enjoy it a lot. Just go easy on the application, kids.

The sprayer is also crazy - it seems to shoot, like, nearly half the bottle out, so you really only need one spray.

I have only tried the VIP version of this one, which isn't listed on Fragrantica, so I'll put my review for it here. Basically, it's very similar to Moods Uomo. Lately, fragrances with strong cedar, patchouli, and amber in the base have bothered me, or perhaps I just really dislike that smell. If you like it, I can see the appeal, as it's well blended and has a "mature/classy" quality.

safetyjon
safetyjon

I'm so glad they brought back this fragrance. This classic from the 80's is a timeless gem that continues to be one of my top three favorites. I do find the opening a little strong and intense. However, I find the middle and base notes to be quite enjoyable and very luxurious. In my opinion, the latter stage mixture of patchouli, amber, vanilla and oakmoss is perfect. It lasts for hours and hours. In fact, the dry-down phase just gets better and better. I applied it this morning about 8-10 hours ago and I am truly enjoying this marvillous scent as I sit and work in my office. This phase is just so smooth. Aahh...

RobbieX

A great, masculine potent fragrance with a lot of character. Old school and pleasant. Opens as citrus, honey, herbal soapy and smooth. Evolves to honey, boozy, floral, patchouli and soapy - a lovely drydown. It has great longevity and very good sillage. The bottle reminds me of the old fashioned bottles in the drugstore or chemist. This is a top notch fragrance.

guest_MRios
guest_MRios

I just bought this Giorgio for men a couple days ago and I used it that because I was going out to the clubs with friends, I used it and it was strong at first had a musk/oriental scent to it. As the night went on the scent kept changing by itself, almost as if I was changing colognes every hour. Every scent that came from just a couple sprays was amazing. I am 24 year old and young I know this is an "old school" cologne but all night guys and girls kept asking me what I was wearing. And I told them Girgio Beverly Hills for Men. Alot of the guys said they were going to buy it the next day. So Young or old it is good for everyone.

missan

My first impression, very nice, spicey, herbal, complex. Will test it for some time. A lot of patchouli, same as in Rive Gauche. There are some notes similar to Paco Rabanne PH, it´s very nice.

blueberry
blueberry

Old school masterpiece for men with class. I have never tested it on myself as I consider it way too masculine for my tastes,but yes, on men it smells divine, classy and sophisticated. It is pretty sharp at first, but in the drydown it becomes softened and warmer. The sillage is not extraordinary, but the lasting power is amazing, both on the skin and on clothes. Great product at an affordable price!

guest_Zah
guest_Zah

This is NOT the same version that was out in the 80s. I wish it was but Elizabeth Arden have changed the recipe - maybe using cheaper ingredients. The original was a rich powerful scent with subtle citrus and spice. The re-release is more powdery and synthetic. Still interesting but not the "must have" it once was. Pity.

BIG
BIG

It starts all boozy and alcoholic and cools down to a spicy honey accord, making way for the middle notes. After some time, the florals and oak moss notes kick in the scent transitions into a honey floral slightly soapy fragrance. Worth checking out

Brando
Brando

Maybe my bottle of this was old, I thought it was terrible. Does smell unique. Kinda smells like Youth Dew, which is pretty bad.

guest_JohnVanDeKamp
guest_JohnVanDeKamp

In a nutshell, men's best cologne in the world.

The trick is just one tiny spritz. The rest is Heaven.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This is one of the Macho Man's scent of the 80's!!!

It's a classic of all times. Very similar to the Gentleman by Givenchy, but with more power and unique features. Hard to be appreciated, it's a bomb of notes, a blockbuster, literally. Should be worn with caution.

I love this cologne, but I only see myself wearing it in formal environments or when I go dressed in a formal way for the job.

It's nothing synthetic and the honey floral tone + the dozens of notes that exist in its composition make it a unique piece in the collection. However, should never be purchased blindly. I do this because I like and I'm crazy...I have no narrow horizon for colognes, thank God.

Very masculine and distinct scent!

instantjim
instantjim

Wow, this stuff is powerful. The spray from the bottle gives a really generous dose, so one spray is enough.

I don't know exactly how to explain this: but here goes. At the start, there is really an explosion of sharp/spicy/sweet notes which are almost overwhelming. The presence of patchouli is evident, and it makes this fragrance somewhat like Gentleman by Givenchy (though the patchouli is more subdued in Giorgio). Giorgio has sweetness which Gentleman does not have. This sweetness is akin to the sort of sweetness to be found in Kouros and it makes Giorgio seem like some deranged offspring of the two (and I mean deranged in the nicest possible sense). The musk and woody notes are also there. After a while I can detect a more subtle floral note - rose. The sweetness continues as the fragrance develops. It lasts really well.

shamus1
shamus1

First off let me say that Giorgio can be very deceiving when you first spray it on - the scent at first smells rather weak and almost diluted on skin, which might make you want to really pour it on. Beware, because Giorgio seems to get louder over time when it's on skin, and before you know it, you'll be known as "Cologne Guy" for about a 100 ft. radius. That being said, Giorgio is a very good, rich floral oriental fragrance. In a nutshell, it has a very green, mossy feel to it, with some nice citrus top notes and a very prominent vanilla and musk base. To compare it with another scent, I'd say it reminds me of a milder version of Fendi Uomo, and it has that definite 1980s "powerscent" feel to it if overapplied. This truly is a fragrance that you need to be patient with, because it really evolves over time, starting off with a very strong citrus, carnation and vanilla. Interestingly, the vanilla seems to fade rather quickly, giving way to a slightly dirty oakmoss note, which lasts for several hours. The vanilla seems to return during the drydown, which is subtly sweet. Giorgio is often referred to as a patchouli fragrance, but to my nose, the patchouli is rounded off by the vanilla and floral notes, and is rather subdued. Back in the 1980s, guys used to bathe in this stuff, but if you apply this sparingly, Giorgio For Men is quite an elegant and timeless fragrance.

PHARAOH
PHARAOH

Nice scent. Strong. Be careful on applying to much.

junior halston

This scent was recently brought back on the market along with Red for Men now that Elizabeth Arden Perfumes took over distribution of the Giorgio fragrance portfolio.

Deservingly so welcome back! For this scent truly sums up the big 80's when men's scents smelled like a men's scent.

Giorgio is sharp, rich, and very very long lasting - you may say it is dated but is that a bad thing.....?

roj30
roj30

I remember this cologne, my uncle used to had it, it's very strong and last pretty god, whole day long. very unique smell.

Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills 4.12 out of 5 based on 321 ratings and 83 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.