Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Ocean Dream Giorgio Beverly Hills for women

Ocean Dream Giorgio Beverly Hills for women
dislike

Ocean Dream Giorgio Beverly Hills for women Pictures

Ocean Dream by Giorgio Beverly Hills is a Floral fragrance for women. Ocean Dream was launched in 1996. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. The fragrance features orange blossom, sandalwood, musk, water lily, water heliotrope, vanilla, sea notes, cedar and vetiver.

Orange Blossom Sandalwood Musk Water Lily Water Heliotrope Vanilla Sea Notes Cedar Vetiver

Ocean Dream Fragrance Reviews

Glarnere
Glarnere

As the user cisco mentions: This is no longer made by Giorgio. It is made in the United Kingdom by Design Parfums Ltd.
Anyway, i just got it... And i think its the softest, skin-close scent ever! It is very natural, clean, really pleasant and comfortable.
Shame on sillage and longevity... Doesn´t last on me more than 30 min! But i really like it due its softness, so i´ll just keep it spraying...

sonia.kassambara
sonia.kassambara

In my early twenties, I was a GBH Wings devotee but was ready for something different. I remember waiting with baited breath for Ocean Dream to come out after smelling it in a magazine strip. I would pester the salespeople at the department stores weekly. It finally came out at the end of summer, which I remember being odd, since it was clearly meant to be a summer fragrance.

As soon as I sprayed it on me, I understood what people meant when they said a scent didn't work with their body chemistry. I was so disappointed it didn't work out for me. I loved the aquatic notes in theory, but that particular combination of "wet" floral, vanilla and musk was disastrous on me. I'm so glad you had to try new perfumes in person in those days, as it saved me from the disastrous "blind buy".

Later that same year, Champagne (now Yvresse) and Les Belles de (Nina)Ricci--green bottle, with tomato/leaf notes, came out. Those perfumes really suited my personality, and I still wear them. Although I dislike Ocean Dream, it taught me a lot about selecting perfumes.

glassjules
glassjules

I just love this fragrance, so sad its gone. It leaves me seeking my new favorite. I did just order some from ebay which I'm concerned will be a knockoff, but we will see! Soft notes of floral and water. An easy wear.

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

I bought this around 14 years ago in the Harrods sale and I'm still very happy with it. It is what it is, an underrated powdery, floral aquatic, and it does it exceptionally well. The balance of the individual notes has been expertly produced as they all work hard together to give a fully rounded, wear anytime, inoffensive fragrance. For me it's calming and grounding and makes the world feel like a happier, cosier place. If you want a beautiful floral aquatic, this one should definitely be a consideration.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I have blind buyed this one ( this is not happening so often) because I have always loved the magazine ad .
When I was young I was collecting perfume and makeup magazine ads , and the Ocean Dream one has always been one of my favorite, but I couldn't find the perfume here in France.
Now that I own it, I can say that it is what I was expecting regarding the ad ( it's not always the case, sometimes it seems that the person who designed the ad has never smelled the scent).
This scent is a typical 90's , it's airy , light, aquatic and calm . Reminds me of discontinued scents like Eau d'Eden , Fleur d' Eau from Rochas ... So Ocean Dream is a survivor!
Surely nothing to do with the nowadays trendy fruitchouli .

Lakambini
Lakambini

What a superb scent! I love it! It's in the style of the 90s salty-aquatics but on a floral tangent. The orange blossom is quite pronounced: it's like wearing a tiny drop of Jean Paul Gaultier Classique on a layer of Escada Ocean Blue, yet the scent is lovely in its own right. I get the musk and maybe a bit of heliotrope. This is more than a beachy vacation scent: I think it suits any occasion. Pretty, pretty bottle.

smoothshoperator
smoothshoperator

I love love love this nice soft aquatic perfume. It is beautiful during the summer and springtime. My husband loves this on me. I am still confused about what notes are actually in this though? Other websites list cedar and moss, bergmont, and peach and lemon, but I don't see any of those notes listed here. Does anyone know??? Well, this is an oldie but a goodie that is soft and comforting. Love it.

stacia79
stacia79

An interesting aquatic...I smell the heliotrope very strongly. At least I think that's what it is...I'm not too familiar with real heliotrope, but I know that it's found in L'Heure Bleue and I can smell a definite similarity. As far as an ocean smell, the drydown does have that certain salty mineral quality that one's skin might have after spending a day in the waves.

ruth53
ruth53

I just received a sample of this and it is so light smelling after 5 min. I can hardly smell it at all. I don't think it matches with my skin or taste. Much too light for me.

a nice spring or summer fragrance. beachy warm, balmy, yet airy. a lovely floral aquatic. i love the water lily note in this. i find that it gives this perfume the perfect sweetness. there is also a hint of citrus from the orange blossom. a good casual fragrance that won't offend.

chanchita
chanchita

A fresh but not overpowering or too sweet aquatic frag. I smell waterlilly, musk and heliotrope with a tiny hint of sandalwood. I actually bought this as a gift for my mother who's a big fan of aquatics and think she will like it very much!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Had this one a while back. I remembered it as very fresh, aquatic & casual. I think is perfect for a day at the beach or to take on a vacation.

babydoll77
babydoll77

I wanted to ask the exact same thing as Kittycat63 :-)...Ocean Dream Coral seems easier to get, too [online that is]!

Aprilily
Aprilily

I loved this when it first came out-I practically lived in it. It smelled fresh, clean, and warm all at once. My bf at the time thought it was amazing. When it became harder to find I moved on to other scents. I wonder if I would still love it now...

Trinity
Trinity

I almost have forgotten that I have this beauty in my wardrobe! Since a couple of days summer came back to Switzerland and we have currently fanciful 22c in the morning and it will go up to over 30c today so therefore this morning I was looking for something "fresh and summery" to wear to get me through this hot day at the office. I rather would have spent the day at the lake …;-)

Suddenly, while I got dressed, I remembered that I actually still own a bottle of "Ocean Dream"! I got my first bottle when it came out in 1996 or so….and it was one of my favourite daytime fragrance back in my "Miami days"…. When I got back to Switzerland a bought a bottle again, but seldom wore it since it reminded me so much of my days in Miami and my ex-husband….

So today, after many years of absence from this fragrance I wear it again with great joy! This is really a very beautiful fragrance and I remember that I received tons of compliments from men and women back then (in Miami) whenever I was wearing it!

The scent is fresh and clean smelling….a bit flowery and aquatic ….It really captured the smell you get while you spent a day at the ocean or lake….very beautiful!!!

"Ocean Dream" is not overpowering but it is still noticeable enough to others when the stay a bit closer to you….like for example in an elevator! This actually has happened today when I got in the elevator this morning with a guy and he was deeply inhaling (!) the air around him…..

So far, no "bad memories" of my ex….so therefore I will wear this beauty for the rest of the summer! :-)

cisco
cisco

I cannot wear aquatics but can wear Ocean Dream. It is so refreshing and clean. It wears close to the skin on me. I also have the dusting powder which I love. The combination makes for a perfect Summer scent. The longevity is average.

taytumriley
taytumriley

like many reviewers here, i was in love with this fragrance back in middle school- i found half a bottle in my mom's house, and decided to bring it back with me. i don't know if perfume goes bad over time, but it smells like pure alcohol, and nothing else.
my main critique of the original fragrance, from when i did wear it years ago, is that it wore off really quickly.
i will have to hunt it down and smell a fresh bottle to see if it is still the smell i remember it to be.

bellestarr
bellestarr

I don't think it smells much like it did back in the day. I loved it then, it really did evoke childhood memories for me of being at the beach; it had the sun, sand, sea smell, and the bottle was lovely with that ocean color and the little pearl. The bottle is still nice but the scent is just not there for me anymore.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

I fell in love with this perfume when I was 9 years old, the magic bottle and fragrance ... obviously my parents didnt buy it, I was too small to use.
Years passed and I looked like crazy ... to finally find this perfume .. totally reminds me of the days on the dock watching the sea at sunset.
Fresh, floral, comforting with something that i dont know what it is but that takes you into memories.
It is very feminine,for me and my skin.
Azhar leaves remain on my skin and fade away as if you were soaked in seawater.

seme
seme

i used it when i was in college
its floral and nice one
i loved it

Angelstar
Angelstar

I absolutely adored this fragrance when it first came out in 1997 it was my signature fragrance for summer. So light and fresh and oceanic. It was the perfume that I wore when I first met my husband. I was so disappointed when I couldn't find it anymore. I recently did a search on the internet and couldn't believe that it was still being made - unfortunately not by Georgio Beverly Hills, but I was just so happy to have found it again. So I have a bottle on my dresser all ready for spring/summer. I love to smell clean and fresh but find I really dislike citrus perfumes so this floral aquatic really fits the bill and yet it still has depth with its sandalwood and musk notes. Beautiful.

alina terec
alina terec

not very ocean reminding for me. more like a soft warm floral with doubting lasting power. but , i just got it so i can't really say. it's pleasant but nothing special or that i would consider buying again. think i'll use it this winter.
update
i bought a gift set from scentedmonkey and i got a terible rash from the bodylotion. total disapointment. :(

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

back in 1997 or so I bought this for someone special after testing dozens of women's fragrances. I can still recall that tender smell. Perfect.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

I was obsessed with this too when it first came out.The smell was so different.It was the best out at that time..I still love it.

karlee79
karlee79

bought this when i was like 14, im 30 now and would never wear it now , but it reminds me of 14 so i like it. Very very refreshing.

9154mf
9154mf

I love this, I bought about 10 bottles of it with the lotion as well. I can see why some think its a young scent, but i dont think so. Its a fresh clean and utterly pleasant beachy ocean scent, perfect for summer, it always makes me feel happy when I wear it. Would be suitable for any ocassion, my husband loves it, and although it called a floral here, I have to say its more of an aquatic scent. Reminds me of TBS Oceanus.

Lady L
Lady L

I was obsessed with Ocean Dreams back in middle school on to high school. It was my signature scent and really started my love affair with perfumes. I still have a bottle and will wear it from time to time. Even after all these years I never get sick of the smell. It is a refreshing, beautiful, daytime wear perfume.

Vivi
Vivi

This really did smell like the ocean. I think the farther north beaches will have this smell that snobuni77 thinks is too pungent or whatever, but without that one thing, it was great. Not sure what it is, or if it is the result of this combination. Reminded me of vacations we took when the kids were young.

snobuni77
snobuni77

I remember back when I bought this (untested) I couldn't stand it.Something sour about it.Im not sure even if sour is the right way to describe it but it was just pungent and to POW in your face with something that was very unfeminine & definitely not pretty.Maybe it was just my chemistry ??
Very pretty bottle though

sjanira
sjanira

Very nice floral but nothing spectacular about it. I had this but really didn't use it much. I wasn't one of those perfumes you keep going back to, you know?

Ocean Dream by Giorgio Beverly Hills 4.19 out of 5 based on 172 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Beverly Hills Ocean Dream fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Beverly Hills Ocean Dream, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ocean Dream by Giorgio Beverly Hills. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ocean Dream by Giorgio Beverly Hills represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.