Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Rose Noire Giorgio Valenti for women

Rose Noire Giorgio Valenti for women
dislike

Rose Noire Giorgio Valenti for women Pictures Rose Noire Giorgio Valenti for women Pictures

Rose Noir is a classic elegant fragrance, dominated by powdery notes of iris and roses. Sensual and harmonious, it opens with notes of geranium, bergamot and jasmine. The heart is composed of sandalwood, vetiver, rose and iris, while the base features vanilla, amber and oak moss.

Available 30, 60 and 100 ml EDP and 150 ml deodorant.

Jasmine Geranium Bergamot

vetyver iris Sandalwood Rose

oak moss Amber Vanille Musk

Lutece
Ombre Rose L'Original

Rose Noire Fragrance Reviews

Jessie0920
Jessie0920

My mom used to wear it a lot, and it became very elegant on her.It's perfect for women who are mature at their 40s.

theperfumedveil
theperfumedveil

Reminds me of childhood. So powdery and old fashioned! It won't appeal to many but I like it for the memories it invokes. The bottle and price are perfect.

Jerine123
Jerine123

This is a very dark dusty rose floral scent. Somewhat reminiscent of Habanita with the dusty darkness but with more rose floral trailing instead of leather. Reminds of gothic and mystery (gothic dusty spooky mansion feel) but has a chemical "ness" also. The dustiness lasts forever on my skin but the rose or floral chypre becomes more prominent and sharp after a few hours. The fragrance lasts for hours. I sprayed it in the box and could still recognize it a week later as the dusty rose scent without even opening the box. Longevity=monster kind of like the scent.

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

I'm not a fan of rose perfumes but I do like this dusty, powdery, vintage smelling scent. I love Sheridanellis' idea of layering it with Coty Vanilla Fields when I want a softer scent but I also LOVE layering it with my Body Fantasies Oud Noir Body Spray. Gives it a truly dark,woody, goth smell and lasts forever!

joliecat
joliecat

I really like Rose Noire PDT. Is it chemical smelling ? Is it more cold, metallic as opposed to warm and creamy ? Overpoweringly synthetic ? Intensely powdery ? VERY vintage style ? YES, especially with the first spray.

I can easily understand those who don't like this perfume because it seems to overpower with an intense, dark rose dusty metallic powder. Every time it's sprayed, it is somewhat overwhelming...even chokingly dusty for some people. No doubt about it, this sprays on very strong, and takes about an hour or more to fade and settle into a soft skin scent.

I also agree with the review by sheridanellis.....adding Coty Vanilla Fields to this fragrance does calm it, making it more creamy, soft, and more wearable for some people.

Still, I find Rose Noire intruiguing all by itself. It definitely has a modern metallic gothic vibe. Not meant to replace true vintage perfumes, Rose Noir is a modern synthetic version of a classic vintage STYLE.

I sprayed this perfume on at dawn one morning. For me, Rose Noire lasts more than 12 hours, with strong silage beginning to fade after about 2 hours. Still, it remains soft, detectable close to skin, in hair, and on fabric well into the next day. It's a wonderful bargain price, too !

Yes, there is a note of cinnamon....soft cinnamon, no doubt synthetic "cinnamyl ", that is noticable all the way through the drydown.

Overall, I find Rose Noire super powdery, a soft sweet dark rose, softly spicy. Though Rose Noire is made with modern synthetic ingredients, I find it most comforting and pleasing to wear when I'm in a vintage mood.

anagials
anagials

At first, I couldn't think of whether to like this perfume or not. It is very powdery, which is exactly what im usually looking for but after a couple of minutes, the amber came in and smelled pretty unpleasant. Unfortunately not my cup of tea. I'll keep on looking.

very strong powdery rose. lots of powder, almost like a dusty or antique rose. long lasting and a little goes a long way. certainly not for everyone, but i like it.. especially in winter. very cozy and nostalgic.

bailarina
bailarina

I loved this on my skin when I was little (more than 20 years ago). I have not smell it in a long time. I remember it was powdery rose, familiar, and lovely. I like that it made me smell like I was right out of a bath of dusty roses. Would I still like it? I don't know, but I want to smell it again... I had a happy childhood.

Cezanne
Cezanne

Its a pretty scent, I like it immediately. It charms me for a little while but then I forget I'm wearing it. Next time I check its gone. Obviously doesnt suit my skin chemistry.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I was tempted to buy this one after reading the comparison with Molinard Habanita, which I love. This one, although strong like Habanita, in my opinion, is not as good. At first you smell a dusty rose, like it has been stored for a while. Not good. I agree with some of you, it does smell better after a while . The smell turns softer, ending up with a powdery, soapy, rosy smell. Although different, it's synthetic and dated. Ended up giving it to my mother in law, that seem to love these dated frags. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

iokasti
iokasti

I like this perfume even though it's a bit heavy for my taste.Great price and good staying power.

My experience:

I wore it all day. No, it wore me. It is intense. My son (age 14) said, " it smells like it is for an old person". When I asked him to expound upon that, he said, " it doesn't smell bad, it smells good....just "old"."
That is out of the mouth of a teen boy and I couldn't put it any better. This needs warmth on my skin. When I need warmth I instantly turn to my Coty Vanilla Fields. I added a squirt of that to my arm with the Rose Noire and it became instantly more comforting, rosey....lovely. I can wear them together, but Rose Noire is not my cup of tea on its own. There is something cold, strangling and metallic about it as a lone star scent. Nonetheless it is intriguing enough to me to keep around to test throughout the upcoming seasons...perhaps the summer sun will change the composition on my skin??? Besitos!

sheridanellis

I just received my bottle in the mail. I picked it up from Overstock.com for a SONG. I sprayed two small squirts on the inside of my wrist and POOF. WOWZERS. This is strong heady liquour! I will have to update you later on my final opinion, but for now I think this is not dark, per say, but deep. Not deep, per say, but lush. I don't know about the "Love's Baby Soft" comparison, but can see how that could translate on some skin since there is so much of a baby powder tone to this. I scratched my eye with my contact lens last night and can barely see today. This is interesting since my scent sense seems to be heightened incredibly! An interesting and complex perfume. I am anxious to see how it settles!

Lushylori
Lushylori

Just got a bottle of Rose Noire today and I think it smells a lot like Dana's Love Baby soft for young girls..Its ok but not something I'd want to wear all the time.Maybe its a scent I'd spray on my PJ's before I went to slumber land though :)

dina
dina

Very powdery fragrance and I must agree with other members who compare it to Johnson's baby powder. It also bears certain similarity with Guerlain L'instant Magique, just colder... I don't know why I'm using this word but IM is a powdery warm and very comfy one, while RN has something metallic in it...
Very nice one and may give it a new try once I ran off my bottle of IM.

jesseg
jesseg

it really smells like habanita without the dirty, provocative smell. when i smell it i think of an english girl with rosy cheeks and powdery smell...i really love this perfume

olga1780

If you want an upgraded version of Rose Noire, try Encre Noire by Lalique...amazing perfume!

I.I
I.I

I bought it unsniffed, based to the dark and dusty rose reviews, i wasn't disappointed at all.
It smells a lot better after an hour.
Other than that, I smell vanilla and vetiver, while rose is subtle to me.
For the unbeatable price, it's a nice everyday perfume that one can use everywhere but not the 'expensive' smelling perfume (then, many really expensive perfumes don't smell 'expensive'). It's not heavy and not light either.
Suitable for all ages IMO, elegant and feminine but not 'loudly' speaking, it can be worn in the office without making the others avoid you, at school, at a coffee gathering and in many other everyday occasions.
If the rose smell was more intensive, the overall impression would be much more retro and chick.

ADD: After many hours a smooth and soothing vanilla stays on the skin and lasts till the next day. My clothes still smell of this perfume and I put it on three days ago. I guess you get much more than what you pay for.

olga1780

I had to delete my previous glowing review because eventually this bottle ended up in the trash and I don't want to mislead anyone. Yes, initially it seemed mysterious and attractive but after a while it gets so chemical smelling, it's just unbearable. I tried it 3-4 times on different days to make sure it was not just one of my bad nose days. Just too synthetic....couldn't take it anymore.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

I was really expecting more from this scent. Initially, it is an intense blast of ancient, dusty, slightly rose-smelling baby powder, very dry. This phase lasted a couple of hours, and I did not enjoy it. It dries down to a tame, powdery rose that still smells "old" somehow. The scent also cut in and out--even though I practically bathed in it, it was still hard to smell at times (and I have a clear nose today).

I did not get any of the "leather" notes that anyone was talking about, except that sort of "old" smell--maybe reminiscent of something that has been stored in the same room with something leather, with a lot of dust on it, but not leather itself. I don't see how this one conveys "punk" or "attitude" or "sexy" either--I guess my cold-blooded body chemistry has once again drained the life out of a purportedly sexy scent.

I think this would be a great perfume for Halloween, if you are dressing up as Miss Havisham from Charles Dickens' Great Expectations, Aunt March from Louisa May Alcott's Little Women, or some other mummified grande dame from centuries past.

millan

Its smell like baby powder with coñac & roses and a dash of vanilla, very interesting .

millan

I like this very much it is like a Johnson's baby powder for older people it smell alot like Shalimar
Too with an edge

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Parfum de Toilette)

ROSE NOIRE is a rose with quite different personality and a lot of attitude. I think it reminds me not of a real rose but a rose tattoo on a strong-willed girl who loves heavy metal and drives a motorbike. The girl is tough but underneath this rough exterior she has sensual and romantic soul which comes out at a concert when after the blast of heavy metal, the romantic love song comes on.

This is a powerhouse fragrance in the beginning. The geranium, bergamot and jasmine are harsh punch in the face. It is almost masculine scent with rubber like accent mixed with a bit of gasoline. During the testing I sprayed generous amount to get the full effect and I thought this scent will literally suffocate me. I love strong scents with a lot of character but this was a bit too much even for me. However the scent did a complete transformation when the heart notes appeared in about 15 minutes. The harshness was gone completely and the soft rose appeared surrounded by the powdery iris. The rose at this stage is dark, powdery and a bit old fashioned. The leather accent adds enough kick to keep the composition a bit edgy. I enjoyed this stage a lot. The scent continues along the soft trajectory with the woody amber and oakmoss in the base notes. The vanilla is very light on my skin and definitely not sweet. The base notes have a bit soapy accent.

The beginning of this scent is so harsh that I am not sure if it will appeal to many people. I agree with other reviewers that you have to wait until the heart notes come in to appreciate this scent. The sillage is strong and the longevity is medium.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This to me smells alot like Mollinards Hatinita. Very nice scent but probably better worn in the summer and not the winter because of its lightness. Its a very airy scent and very powdery smelling.

weegee
weegee

Imagine Bvlgari Black, Bandit or Dzing! with a slap of dirty roses... that's Rose Noire. First spray on skin hit me like Bandit's initial halitosis and I actually tried to back away from the bottle I was still holding. But I'm an Educated Fragrantican now so I didn't let the stink scare me.

The first bit was the sharpness of new tires muddied by the papery sourness of cardboard -- stunning but not so wearable. Patience was rewarded about 10 minutes later as the warmth in the crooks of my elbows (where I try all new smells: it's the warmest, most moist spot where my nose can reach) began to nearly glow with the dank almost-honeyed note of the darkest of velvety red roses.

When the roses emerge the rubber note subsides and gives way to the buttery soft leather note Magie mentions and that's what stays with me: a rose-perfumed handkerchief in an old favorite leather handbag. A stunner that feels unexpectedly sexy in a very classy way.

Roses and leather -- dirtier than Anglomania. Oily, almost. As sexy is as sexy feels, this qualifies as a seductive fragrance in my book.

I can honestly say that if I'd blind tested Rose Noire and Dzing! I'd have bought Rose Noire and passed on Dzing!, which is lovely but in a unisex way while Rose Noire feels womanly. Rose Noire also dries down to a slightly sweeter drydown than Bandit and lasts & lasts, just like Bandit.

Who nosed this rose/leather wonder? Magie's review is spot on and at under $15 for 100ml I say "Go treat yourself!" like I did.

edit: 2 years after 1st review... I wore this last night and thought of Habanita + roses all evening. Ordered another bottle from the "smelly monkey" for under $8.00 USD. I'm glad my skin chemistry enhances this fragrance - my nose picks up nothing of the synthetic edge some here perceive.

vetiver
vetiver

My mom had it when i was a teenager, i remember it like a mix made from roses and tobacco, kind of sexy but...not for a young woman, probably more for a mature sexy woman :)

magie
magie

At first I did not know what to think of Rose Noire. It seems to be always full of surprizes. I sprayed it first on paper and smelled nothing. I thought oh no!this has no scent, so I wondered if the warmth of my skin might help. I sprayed on my hand and again, no smell, what a disappointment, then about ten minutes later I caught a whiff of something totally unexpected. Leather, coming from my hand. It smelled soft, buttery and expensive. It smelled like an expensive leather handbag from Coach or Etienne Aigner. New leather. After about a half an hour later the florals came in and smelled wonderful. Rose? perhaps, but spicier, more exotic, darker,sultry, more mysterious.
The dry down was really unexpected,powdery,soapy,and intensely feminine. It still had the soft leather with a touch of spice in the back ground, but just a touch, and after a couple of hours I can detect a little vanilla. It seems to last a good while, after having worn it for two or three hours last night my husband ask me what soap I had been using. Now Rose Noire is not a loud perfume,it is very soft,and wears close to the skin. It is not a perfume that shouts, it whispers, but it whispers beautifully. Like many chypre floral perfumes it seems to change totally though out it's being worn,from sophisticated,to charming,to clean and even a little powdery. I bought it blind from overstock.com,for very little money and I got a great bargain. I am going to enjoy this new fragrance,which is very unique and different.

Rose Noire by Giorgio Valenti 3.71 out of 5 based on 72 ratings and 27 user reviews

Rose Noire Mini by Giorgio Valenti, .17 oz Mini EDT for Men
Rose Noire Mini by Giorgio Valenti, .17 oz Mini EDT for Men
Gift Set 3.4oz
Rose Noire Cologne by Giorgio Valenti, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Rose Noire Cologne by Giorgio Valenti, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
ROSE NOIRE for MEN by Giorgio Valenti EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
ROSE NOIRE for MEN by Giorgio Valenti EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Parfum 3.4oz
Rose Noire Perfume by Giorgio Valenti, 3.4 oz Parfum De Toilette Spray for Women
Rose Noire's Secret Perfume by Giorgio Valenti, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Parfum 3.3oz
ROSE NOIRE for WOMEN by Giorgio Valenti PARFUM DE TOILETTE SPRAY 3.3 OZ
ROSE NOIRE for WOMEN by Giorgio Valenti PARFUM DE TOILETTE SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Rose Noire Black Cologne by Giorgio Valenti, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
ROSE NOIRE BLACK for MEN by Giorgio Valenti EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
ROSE NOIRE BLACK for MEN by Giorgio Valenti EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
drugstore.com
Parfum
Giorgio Valenti Rose Noire Parfum de Toilette Spray, 3.3 fl oz
Giorgio Valenti Rose Noire Parfum de Toilette Spray, 3.3 fl oz
Rose Noire Absolu Cologne by Giorgio Valenti, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
ROSE NOIRE ABSOLU for MEN by Giorgio Valenti EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Giorgio Valenti Rose Noire Aboslue Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Giorgio Valenti Rose Noire Aboslue Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Rose Noire Men Absolu
Rose Noire Men Absolu

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Valenti Rose Noire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Valenti Rose Noire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rose Noire by Giorgio Valenti. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rose Noire by Giorgio Valenti represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.