Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Absolutely Irresistible Givenchy for women
dislike

I have it: 392 I had it: 239 I want it: 310 My signature: 15

Absolutely Irresistible Givenchy for women Videos
Absolutely Irresistible Givenchy for women Pictures Absolutely Irresistible Givenchy for women Pictures Absolutely Irresistible Givenchy for women Pictures

New, irresistible fragrance by Givenchy, named Absolutely Irresistible Givenchy, will be presented in November 2008, with Liv Tyler as cover face of this edition and muse of the house of Givenchy. Her glamorous look goes perfectly with the new red edition, decorated with a glittering motive.

The perfume Absolutely Irresistible has floral character and is very seductive thanks to its main ingredient – jasmine. It opens with green mandarin, red berries and pimento accords. The heart encompasses Egyptian jasmine, orange blossom and heliotrope, while the base introduces cedar, patchouli and amber.

Red, sexy bottle is a real seductress, which is highlighted with red nuances and decorated with silver, geometric motifs inspired by haute couture details created by Riccardo Tisci, creator of the house of Givenchy. The perfume is available as 30ml, 50ml and 75ml edp, as well as 200 ml body lotion and 100 ml deodorant spray.

Liv is wearing a black dress in the advertisement, and one of her straps slips provocatively off her shoulder. Photographer is Liz Collins.

Mandarin Orange Red Berries Paprika

Jasmine Orange Blossom Heliotrope

Cedar Patchouli Amber

Absolutely Irresistible Fragrance Reviews

Not bad as a scent, but I think it smells like some detergent powder. I don't mind, sometimes I like a little washing powder scent. Smells clean. Light and inoffensive floral-fruity scent.
My boyfriend liked this one and thought it's quite sweet, so it might be alluring to some men.
I like how light, easy-going notes are very dominant here, and darker notes are just "sneaking in" after some time.
I don't know if it's absolutely irresistible or not, but it's definitely absolutely wearable!

nitschevo
nitschevo

I received a decant of this in a swap and based on some reviews I thought that this would be bomb, in some way. Well, apparently we're having a case of body chemistry here :)

On me this is a soft floral and the paprica only peeks out at the very beginning. I also get some sort of chocolately vibe although no such note is listed.

Overall a soft comforting fragrance for spring and fall. Wears very close to the skin with average longevity :)

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

OH BABY ! What else could I say ! OH YEAH ! In Lust with the whole thing , this paprika is wild. Certainly not for a timid , introvert , and a youngest ! The classics and conservative be aware ! Recommend it , it is hot literally, it is passion !

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Have a 10ml roller ball of this, and it is absolutely delicious! I suspect it smells better being applied that way as oppose to the spray as well.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is a pretty scent and was a lovely surprise for me. I am not sure why Fragrantica has this listed as a floral. It should be a floral oriental or at least a fruity floral. The initial notes are a blast of red berries, but not overly sweet. They are balanced by a big note of peppery and spicy paprika. I smell other spices in the mix also, especially cinnamon and nutmeg, just not in high concentrations. The jasmine, amber and patch come in soon after and the juice deepens to a really pretty floral deep spicy ambery woody scent. The patchouli makes it a dark green scent and the amber is strong and deep. This is a lovely spicy floral with great deep red fruit notes. Very sexy fragrance, excellent for night time events with a significant other. It smells voluptuous, really.

This scent has excellent projection and lasts about 10 hours on your skin, about 7 of those hours with good sillage. An excellent value for the money and IMHO the very best of the Irrestible series. All the others smell like little girls in pinafores next to this sexy voluptuous womanly scent.

Pari88
Pari88

Initial spray is very spicy and juicy. It dries down to the middle phase, which lasts for 2 minutes. Here, the jasmine shines mixed with some spicy powder, patch, and juicy sweetness. It is very nice but also very masculine. Don't worry though cuz this phase is very short lived. It quickly dries down to patchouli with creamy amber and powdery heliotrope peaking through and an ever so lightly fruit compote smell. This is a very sultry womanly smell. Juicy, heavy, dry, smoky, and a tad bit of floral. It is much lighter in silage then one would expect in the dry down. It has similarities to Allure Sensuelle and Belle d Opium but the dry down is more tame, with less mustiness and more creaminess. The lasting power is average, 5 hours. Two sprays will do.
Update: the patchouli took over on my skin, as usual. It was slightly camphorous and dirtysmelling, uncomfortable for me, perhaps if they toned the patch down a notch it would have worked out between us.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I"ve always loved this when I would walk by it on the shelf at department stores. I would spray a little and think- this is a quintessential 'perfume'. I loved the spicy, red berries and chile notes among the sheer jasmine and spicy pathcouli. This scent radiates glamour. It is reminiscent of the November December January holidays for me, although I've never owned a bottle.

Does anyone know if this will be available again in 2013 as a re-launch every holiday season?

Or is it discontinued?

yanayanakieva
yanayanakieva

I really can`t compare it with any other parfum I have used or tryed in the past.I love it.Very sexy and deep,I do not understand why it is no longer out there for sale...

annaeltahir
annaeltahir

This perfume was in my wish list, I just try it now I really love , it's really nice and seductive it's absolutely irresistible.

sofababe
sofababe

Sorry to say that Absolutely Irresistible is in fact completely resistible. It's not bad, but it's not great either. Longevity is pretty good, sillage not so much. I was given a few samples so I was able to give it a decent test period but I remain unimpressed. I'll stick to her sister, Very.

Jama4
Jama4

Irresistible in a bottle!!

Initial Spriz: a strong patchouli dominates
5 min later: the patchouli has calmed down, I smell cherries and amber with a hint of spice
2 hrs later: wow the perfume has really mellowed down I get cheries, a shy patchouli or maybe that is amber with a hint of spice
6 hrs later: its still going but has mixed with my chemistry to create something that is more natural smelling; its really hard to identify the individual notes at this point the best description I can give is a sweet, floral scent with a hint of spice and a calm patchouli...wow...patchouli I ain't mad at you no more!!!

The more I wear this perfume, the more I like it. At first I hated it, but now I am contemplating adding it to my repurchase list. Absolutely Irresistible is obviously made of quality ingredients, anyone who wears it can not be accused of wearing "cheap perfume".

Skin Type: oily
Office safe: yes if applied lightly
Potency: HEAVY (1 or 2 sprays is enough)
Timing: fall, winter, spring (if your chemistry loves patch maybe summer)
Projection: arm's length
Longevity: 12hrs
Price: about $ 24.00 at FragranceNet
Packaging: 8/10 I would have given it a 9 or 10 if the lid actually stayed on the bottle

Will I Repurchase: no

update: the more I wear this perfume the more I like it; I am now trying it in summer and it is noticable but not to heavy, sweet but not coyling; I am speechless...I may put this on my repurchase list

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

Ladymom59
Ladymom59

This is a truly "absolutely irresistible" perfume...Everybody in my office is talking wonders of it, men and women, so when I wear it I get a lot of compliments.
Absolutely love the perfume...easy going and distinctive at the same time!

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Jasmine is the heart of this fragrance on me, and it is the prominent note from spritz to end on my skin. The opening is somewhat harsh, very green and woody jasmine. A few minutes in, things calm down a bit and the scent develops a slightly powdery feel. A little while later, it sweetens up and citrus peeks in. The ending stage is a light, sweet, ambery jasmine. This isn't a scent typical of my normal tastes, but over all I would say it's a like for me. It works well with my skin, isn't overpowering, and lasts a few hours. It isn't Absolutely Irresistible, but it's good enough to keep and wear.

pink and pink
pink and pink

This fragrance doesn't suit me because it's very spicy for my skin. I like it on my cousin she has dark skin so i gave my bottle to her.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I was really surprised to like this. Most fragrances that contain patchouli are a nightmare for me. It doesn't give me the headache that Very Irresistible did. The lasting power wasn't great the first time I wore it, and I'd planned to swap it...and then I gave it another shot. This one's staying.

evesoho
evesoho

My sister wears this fragrance, it took over from Clinique's Happy, and she smells like a Parisian fashion industry mogul going out to party hard, then sleep well, awake with no hangover, and jet over to New York for a dinner at her true love's apartment. She exudes ripe emotion, strong but fun femininity and a zeal for socializing.

I wore this, and it doesn't suit me, because I'm a bit of an introvert. But it smells absolutely irresistible on my sister. It's the truth. Just amazing with her steady and sparkling eyes, her easy smile, and her interesting but obvious beauty.

Arielrose
Arielrose

I love the Givenchy 'Very Irresistible' line of fragrance in general, but this one is very different from the rest. I won't say I completely hated this scent, I had a bottle and used a little of it before giving it away. I tried to make it work for me, but in the end, just couldn't. On me, this perfume was way too strong and not close enough to the original. I like a perfume to have a certain 'freshness' to it, even if it's got warmth and depth. I was hoping the red berry note would be a bit more crisp and sparkling, but it just couldn't get out from under the heaviness of the other notes. Overall, I think for the right person's chemistry this could be wonderful. It just wasn't for me.

vicka16
vicka16

I blindbought Absolutely Irrésistible (a roll-on) and I really like it! Much better that the original Very Irrésistible which I had a while ago. Absolutely Irrésistible is a soft and sweet floral yet it has a nice punch from the pimento. Great fragrance!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

On me this is a sweeter more floral Gucci Rush - does anyone else get the same effect or is it just my weird chemistry?

Di_berry
Di_berry

Buuu! I bought it unsniffed... And I dislike it.
But, let me tell you, it´s a good fragrance, it has a a great longevity and good projection, but it´s not my style... I was thinking to which perfume I can relate it and it´s so similar to my nose to Eden (Cacharel).
If you want a vintage smell, very 90´s this is it!
Hope I find the lover of this one, because I bought the 75 ml flacon and I won´t use it!
-----
Well, again with the problem of testing a fragance when it´s not the time for it...Today it´s not as hot as the day I tested it for the first time, and it´s really better, not my cup of tea, but a good one still. For me only suitable for cooler days, I don´t know how is gonna behave in winter but defintely not for summer...

Buckshot
Buckshot

Given to me as a gift. Very grateful, but did not like this very much; it did not move me at all- cant remember anything about it only that it was very cheapish smelling (and Im not a snob). Passed it on to my sister who absolutely loved it! She eventually went on to buy another bottle. What!!!

m4rtha
m4rtha

Its in my Wishlist... :D

dextro242
dextro242

When im wearing this perfume, women and men alike exclaim:"oh my god, you smell delicious/amazing/divine/insanely good!" People HAVE to know what it is that im wearing. It's the kind of reaction everyone wants from a scent. This scent is the best thing that ever happened to me; it's longevity, however, is a bummer;

ViciousDelicious
ViciousDelicious

Raally elegant and spicy. A little too non-femenine to me, since I prefer girlier scents, but even though this is a little bolder, I really liked it.

Beesan
Beesan

Long lasting power... The first time I like a jasmine sent... Amazing perfume

ellen1159
ellen1159

I didn't know i could like a jasmine scent. Not my HG scent but it's very nice on me. Makes me feel feminine and powerful at the same time.

nowheregal

i was in love with this till i figured out that it has no sillage on me :( is there anyone else who has sillage problem about this edp?

nowheregal

this smells gorgeous. i LOVE it. it has a balanced smell that i can't imagine i can layer it with another fragrance.

blackforest
blackforest

just amazing!!

twilight1234
twilight1234

This is a great Givenchy perfume with a floral, woody scent about the bottle. Also a essenctial part is the jasmine which makes this a stunning scent.

I only have a sample size little packet rather than bottle, but when I first smelt it i thought, "Whats not to like about this!?! Why haven't I bought this yet!?!"

So I rate this (out of 5) a 5!!

Rammich
Rammich

It's too strong for me, this perfume is more for a woman my mother's age. late 30's-50 something.
I like the cherry blossom notes accompanied with some hints of vanilla, but the alcohol is too overwhelming. It's very strong at first, but after an hour later the smell starts to get sweeter. I really like the bottle too, very luxurious.

acv43
acv43

I swooped up a little bottle of this today at a discount store (Ross) it is the first time i have ever seen a Givenchy fragrance there so i was excited!
I find the way this scent behaves very interesting, the opening rather than they dry down is when you experience the kick of patchouli coupled with the sweetness of berries- then the patchouli note dissipates very quickly( patchouli usually LOVES my chemistry and sticks around)
After the "fruitchuli" stage ( i borrowed that awesome word from katie puckrik's youtube channel)the jasmine becomes heir apparent, but is stepped up a notch with the pepper notes- I love this stage it's classic and femme but with this added spicy edge.
Gradually as the winds down the amber notes pop in and say hello, and at times a feel that i catch some sweet incense notes.

At first sniff i really didn't get how this bottle with its voluptuous red color and kinky studded collar related to this "fruitchuli"(i do love to use that word) scent however as i am witnessing the interplay between the jasmine & pepper i kind of get it- it's like they are dancing a sexy little tango across my skin :)
Absolutely Irresistible is more than it first let's on, and the more I sniff the more i like- I want to try the other Irresistable's now

edit: staying power seems to be pretty poor on me, like 2 hours so i guess if i want others to be able to detect this delicious aroma I will spray it in my hair- the only part of me that seems to able to hold a fragrance

Mar Tha 11
Mar Tha 11

bought it today )) feels sexy sexy sexy )))) let's see how men will react ))

zeb
zeb

I smell a sweet and powdery jasmine here and then some musky yet floral notes.
I think this fragrance is really irresistable because of this notes.also men love it.
It's flowery but in the same time not something green or raw.
It's a blend of sophisticated flowers and gives a feeling that you are wearing sth expensive.

SanDiegoNose
SanDiegoNose

To me, it started out smelling very sharp and strong, and after about 10 minutes smelled OK, and after 1/2 hour smelled very faint but pleasant. It might be that someone else would be able to smell it on me now (I'm home alone, so can't ask). (Maybe I'm on sensory overload. But the subjective experience for me, as wearer, in the past 1/2 hour, hasn't been great: Icky strong, sharp smell, followed by merely OK smell, followed by barely-there smell that's mildly pleasant and nothing more. From others' reviews, I was hoping for more. And the list of ingredients--I thought I'd love it. It's like the recipe looks good, but I just can't stomach it. I've had this experience with many other perfumes, so it might be that what works on most people doesn't work on me. I had only a sample, so no great loss. But I would definitely not buy it. Not my kind of perfume. (I waited a bit more. It's been about 45 minutes now, and still no improvement. Sigh. I hate to be negative, but it's just bleh to me.)

amberose
amberose

Tried wearing this in the winter and I didn't like it. It felt too cloying and became almost masculine. Now it is spring in the southern hemisphere and I thought I would give it another try. WOW what a difference a season can make, it smells beautiful, very floral, soft and gardenia like even though I know there is none in it. It must be the jasmine. It lasted about 4 hours and then I had to have another hit of it so I sprayed myself again and like the greedy perfume whore I am nearly overdosed on it. I ended up feeling sick and with a headache. Definately go easy on the application. Now that I know how much to apply I will be back for another blast tomorrow!!

pen14
pen14

I love the initial spray I get the red berries and oranges but after it develops I smell like I’m wearing COLOGNE,very masculine. I experienced the same problem with Black xs, it’s obviously the patchouli. Such a shame because I quite liked this one.

SheShe
SheShe

In my opinion Very Irresistible is better because its lasting power and power itself is bigger.

Absolutely I. is a good perfume with one exception. I don't like when a fragrance which I imagine like a very vivid colour becomes washed out in the base notes. Unfortunately Absolutely I. is like that because of patchouli in the base. The same thing is with f. ex. YSL Elle - an intensive colour and it's washed out, pale in the base.

What I like the best in Absolutely... is paprika and top notes, very peppery and sharp, jasmine in heart notes is prominent and nice too. And then comes patchouli and the spell disappears...

princesita25
princesita25

I Bought this perfume based on the reviews and believe me its absolutly horrible. To musky for me, not citric at all.

cutiegirl7710
cutiegirl7710

The best perfume I have. Simply irresistible!!!

Just the first minutes it is strong, but softens down to a great scent. Not loud, but its there around me for several hours. I like it a lot.

Precis när man sprejat på den är den lite stark men mjuknar snart ner till en härligt kvinnlig doft. Inte så stark men den finns runt mig. Sitter bra på huden. Jag gillar den starkt.....

its amazing
it was beren saat the famous turkish artist ,s perfume
in ask i memnu series

WHAT?! Discontinued??? This can't be true!!! :(

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

SCENTED BODY POWDER REVIEW

I couldn't do proper justice to this perfume by describing the notes , ect . That's already been done brilliantly by other reviewers ( i particularly enjoy reading review by Gypsy Parfumista , Aquilla2009 , MIssK , Soffi , Sissi and Monty M ) :) .

On paper , this perfume is something i probably wouldn't have rushed to seek out. I'm so glad i did come across it by accident as its a lovely scent

I found the sparkling perfumed body powder on an eBay auction by accident , only because the seller had another 'fume i wanted( which i did not win) . However i DID win the dusting powder for a paltry 99p plus £2 PnP ! That's got to be my bargain of the year for such a luxurious product , new n sealed too.

Happy Days , It smells delicious and the white marabou feather dusting stick that comes with it is beautiful too. Owning this has prompted me to add the actual perfume to my ever growing "Want List" .

Think this will be my next purchase. My BF found the scent very sexy and alluring too. In fact i was impressed how strong the scent was to say i was only wearing the powder and no other perfume or scented product.

Sexy stuff , nice pamper product and looks lush on the dressing table too . 8/10 XXX

PS - Tip for using the powder = It really enhances a tan with its fine gold sparkles. Not big tacky glittery bits , this is fine fairy dust of a powder. HOWEVER - A little goes a long way. I was a bit over enthusiastic in my application and my emerald green satin dress ended up covered as did my BFs black suit. I think the waiter at the restaurant must of though we were a pair of eccentrics , covered in gold dust as we were. :)

sofiii
sofiii

Absolutely Irresistible is a lovely, berry, juicy and even edible version of the Irresistible range. Somehow I like it the most out of Very Irresistible and Very Irresistible Sensual.

I don’t like jasmine dominant scent, but I find the jasmine and red berries combo works well here, with a bit tart citrusy notes and sweet non-demanding patchouli notes, it smells quite well balanced and makes me feel confident and not be bothered by the perfume. It makes me think of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, but Absolutely Irresistible is much less aqua-y or sporty than Coco-M.

The dry down is rather nice, dries than before due to the complete disappearance of the berry note. It is sweet in a quite amber, patchouli earthy way.

Even though it is easy to wear and I find it pretty, but I feel there’s a lacking of something in Absolutely Irresistible; it’s like Absolutely Irresistible was a cute 25+ girl next-door, you thought she would wear something a bit dressy to a romantic first date, but instead she wears her converse and jeans skirt with a t-shirt, it might look cute and makes you think of highschool sweetheart, but somehow it just doesn’t work out right; just like the mouth-watering red berries and the whole scent is generally speaking pleasant, but I just don’t find it click.

maddame
maddame

Irresistible in autumn and winter, but maybe a little too heavy for the warm weather. I used my first bottle to the last drop, but half through the second bottle I got bored with it. I like a jasmine scent just like the next girl, but this has become just a little too sweet and overwhelming for me.

greydove
greydove

Ok, yes. This is a very nice perfume. Very nice. It has depth, interest, and is unique. I love the peppery quality of it; its a little naughty, very sexy, and a touch of the classy bad girl. Would be great on that special night, with that special someone, and some whipped cream....Hee hee!

seme

i tried this one after i saw beren saat turkish actress using it
its really amazing

srich
srich

This is the perfume I put on when I want to feel a little sexy.. and thats just how I'd describe the smell, its sexy. Floral, yet edgy, it stands out from my usual collection, but thats why I like it.

yueguang
yueguang

the name explains everything "absolutely irresistible"
when i'm in a flirty mood, i wear this fragrance! i think can be used both cold and warm weathers.

lucifera
lucifera

tried this today and it's a bit differnt from the normal VI.
i have a sample of this bc it was love at first sniff :-D another winner for me

nancinha

Pure seduction... in a tasteful way, not in a raunchy way. A beautiful evening scent (I wear it during the day as well though). It's one of my favourite's so there's no way I would save it exclusively for evenings! To me it's in the same category as Midnight Poison and Cinéma... sexy, elegant, glamorous, BEAUTIFUL. I get a vanilla drydown that I love, although it's not listed in the notes. Maybe it's just my nose?

Everything about this perfume is in harmony, the gorgeous bottle, the ads with Liv Tyler, it depicts the fragrance perfectly. Givenchy is one of my favourite fragrance houses, and they most definitely captured the true smell of sensuality in this masterpiece... yes, it's truly a masterpiece in my opinion.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Absolutely Irresistible is a bit too alcoholic in the first 10 minutes. It itches the nose. Then it slowly develops into a deeper, denser and a feminine scent. Surprisingly for me, after an hour it was very much alike to Cacharel's Eden to my nose, and I love Eden! So this darker and sexier approach to it is quite good. I like Very Irresistible too, but it's a bit too rosy and Absolutely Irresistible has nothing in common with it except than the burning feeling when you inhale the fragrance.

And, it's bottle couldn't be any better than this crimson red. Totally suits it. I love Givenchy.

rainydays
rainydays

Absolutely Irresistible is a sexy and energetic fragrance (the bright red bottle is perfect packaging for it). It's mostly floral on my skin, with just a LITTLE bit of sweetness from the berries in the top notes, and an intriguing spicy kick. The paprika comes across as peppery, which is fantastic. Very irresistible was a little too clean and goody-goody. This one is downright alluring! I would wear this to a party. One downside-- poor lasting power.

rosabell

This is absolutely divine!

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Very sensual, soft, and sexy! This is my going out perfume and I feel so sexy when I wear it. Get lots of compliments! :)

rosabell

This is absolutely gorgeus, feminine and original. Absolute bliss! And oh, so damn French !

Lilyth
Lilyth

True feminine fragrance, balanced perfectly.
I like only this and Very Irresistible by Givenchy.

vetiver
vetiver

I bought a big bottle last week! i am in love! this is so spicy and warm, it is sexy and cozy!!! i get the red berries for a long time , then the wonderful jasmine...and what is the spicy thing just pimento??? no way...maybe it has something else that we don´t know! anyway i am in love it reminds me a little bit of Ciara wich i love but always wanted it to be more glamorous...now i got what i wanted :)))

adele l
adele l

This does seem to have a little Alien in it (sambac jasmine?) laced with red berries and probably a little less powerful, though the strength and longevity are excellent. Overall it is very nice, not much similarity to Very Irresistible.

Sissi
Sissi

Glamor in a bottle with fire, with one spray Absolutely Irresistible turns a drab
gray winter's morning into a fiery spicy
and sexy soiree that is out of the ordinary i truly admire this scent from
top to bottom it's just beautiful.

Opens with sharp oranges that awaking your senses then lush red ripe berries
adds to the sex and sin to this fragrance comes steeping though like a
hot wind with the spicy top drydown of
Pimento, As we enter the middle it becomes musky Heliotrope with it's milky
almond scent opens the middle Jasmine
is very prominent dominates the center
not interrupting the spiciness of this.
Amber dries beautifully without being
cloying or oily and musk i do detect
Musk that is missing in the scent cards
Ceder has always been hard for me to
pick up and this is no exception Patchouli like in 90% of scents is overshadowed by the more flamboyant
players but in a quiet way it's make it's presence known in it's earthy
graceness and ends with the Vanilla.

The Bottle is the most classiest thing i
every seen it conjures a retro 50's
Hollywood sex siren ala Marilyn Monroe
in her famous musical numbers Diamonds
are a girl's best friend walking down
the red Velvet stairs with glittering
rhinestones so clear and shining that
illuminates Glamor to the T or the Saucy
Number with another 50's bombshell
Jane Russell in her form fitting Red
sequined gown Singing two little girls
from Little Rock In Who wants to marry a Millionaire.

This sets apart from other modern scent
that is released today it's bolder Fuller more bodied then the current
trend for light watery fragrances that
has no lasting power This capture the
Zeitgeist of 50's Glam.

nini18
nini18

this fragrance was my choice for christmas this year..it brings all the wonderful memories to me. I've had great compliments about the fragrance from men and women:))

guest_Ritz
guest_Ritz

Great scent, but very similar to Ange ou Demon Tendre. I love Ange ou Demon Tendre, (the EDP is too strong for me). So obviously since Absolutely Irresistible is just like it, i love this one too. But nothing new for someone who already owns Ange ou Demon Tendre.

insolence
insolence

Absolutely Jasmine! Very sensual! It's perfect for an evening toilette if you want to make yourself feel sexy and sophisticated and maybe a little mysterious. I love its dry-down.

deeannek
deeannek

I have a mini of this and like it well enough that I bought a 1.7. I really like Absolutely Irresistable much better than Very Irresistable + Irresistable Sensual. This one doesn't have that chemical opening that reminds me of slightly perfumed mosquito spray. No this is nice. I get creamy jasmine on opening and a slight powdery scent. I did think the bottom notes would be more intense and slightly woodsy but I am not getting that on my skin. Love it!

I love this so much I want to take a bath in it. So, I bought the bath gel and body veil. I am hooked!

guest_zeta
guest_zeta

ABSOLUTELY IRRESISTIBLE!! this is the best perfume I ever had. worth buying.nice smell. long lasting.

swedeangel
swedeangel

Very berry ,very redberry.
Very fresh and natural.
Not very flowery.
Absolutely irresistible!!!

mcelferr
mcelferr

I ordered a foundation from Sacks and they've kindly sent me a mini bottle of this one. I've just tested it.If you like red berries that's for you! in the begining you smell the spicy notes together that refreshes you inside. I would say it makes the berries look "sexier"!!!
After a few minutes it goes away, and the sweet berries go on side by side with the amber. That's all! Very light.Very naive. I'd say it's a good fragrance for teenagers.

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

it smells much better than ange ou demon ...the last one is intoxicating all your senses /this one is just sexy

Lady Love
Lady Love

As Sweet as Lou Lou by cacharel, but is not more irresistible like its predecessor, smells good anyway and is longlasting.
I like the red berries and paprika combination, but nothing can replace the rose notes.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I had a tester of this, so against my better judgement I tried it on. I have a horrible stomachache now. Its most likely from the patchouli which is always a big turnoff for me. But, someone had mentioned to me that it was almost undetectable in this...not so! I have tried to wash it off, but the staying power is great, I must say! All I can smell here is really dry wood and patchouli. I really want to like a Givenchy scent someday.. but have yet to find one... :(

turkishrose

ıts very famous ın turkey...coze ıt has got entairteinment in a serial film... acrtriss is using thıs scent in the film... films name ıs forbıdden love :D ın turkısh ask-ı memnu

horrible perfume, smells syntetic and cloying to death.. its like a floral toilet cleaner.. avoid this stuff. horrible...

Ok, I'm generally a fan of Givenchy or at least I was. My old signature Amarige was different and original at the time. Organza is BIG, Very Irresistible is the start of the mishmess try-to-like-to-all era of Givenchy. I like Very Irresistible, I liked Very Irresistible Sensual EdP much more, but now... not only Very you can be Absolutely! Just buy a bottle of this red juiced fragrance and spray liberally. You will smell like any other woman, but who cares? Mixed in the crowd you may grab something that it's not yours ;-)
This fragrance is nice-smelling, no stink at all, but it is also very non-descriptive, sweet, floral with woody tones.
It smells very synthetic, similar to many others with variations, the usual perfume-y sweet mix of this era. It has become an acquired taste.

coziloveyou
coziloveyou

it made me nauseated and dizzy at first. Made me wonder why Leeve endorse it. However after a couple of hours it smells better..but not the smell I am expecting...:(

zvoncica
zvoncica

I have a sample of this so I tried it first time, second time, third time... nothing irresistible for my nose happened in any of our meetings.

The perfume smells good first ten minutes. After that time mandarin and red berries are gone, all that is left is jasmine and irritating sweetness. It is same as Burberry The Beat. I cant say which of Irresistible editions is better, I really dont like none of them.

fleurdelis
fleurdelis

I like this fragrance. After testing it the past week, though, it doesn't seem to terribly special to me. On my skin, no fruits develop and the scent doesn't really change from spritz to dry down--it just gets softer. The only two things I can pick out are a lot of jasmine and some spice. I would also agree with A. Rose that it does smell pretty synthetic, but most Givenchy's do and it's not necessarily a bad thing (I really like Hot Couture and Ma Dame which are pretty synthetic smelling).

That being said, I still enjoy this fragrance and may buy it! But I have a few more unique fragrances that I want to purchase first.

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

It has that acratchy, synthetic fragrance quality that all Givenchy's have...but, strangely enough, there's something very cozy in it---no other house pulls "applied glitz and glamour" like Givenchy. "Absolutely Irresistible" opens on an orange-juice burst of sweet, spicy freshness, evoking iced-cranberries and bubbly, served with a dash of peppered "fuzzy nosed" exuberance. The berries then start to melt-down, into a syrupy sweetness, over a dry, developing wood. The berries are joined by a white-flower waxiness and velvet rose, while the top citrus notes fade away before you notice. It finally dries-down into a dark red berry, heated pine and cedar blend that's reminiscent of old-world potpurri; dried, curled cinnamon bark, berries, pine cones, orange rinds, herbs and orange blossoms. It also feel vaguely nostalgic; but then, why shouldn't it? Frosted, baked and dried red berries, spiced oranges, pine needles, a papered dryness that feels as if it's been baking under a light bulb for many years or stored in a cedar chest--"Absolutely Irresistible" is the scent of Christmas.

marwa11
marwa11

it's a wonderfull perfume really much better than very irresistible , i could say itis the best , when i sprayed it on my hand i liked it immediatly the top note alittle bit spicy after it dry down u can smell the seductive jasmine and feel so feminine , and really very long lasting perfume and so special make u feel so sexy & seductive really great perfume and worth the money.

Absolutely Irresistible is deliciously good.

Like Montie_M said previously, this fragrance opens with a scent that can only be described as a big, zesty, juicy, realistic mandarin orange. I love, (I can't say that word enough), how Givenchy have created a fruity scent that is real and not synthetic. I am often quite disappointed with fruity scents produced these days, hence the reason why I don't own many.

One thing I've noticed with a lot of Givenchy fragrances is that they all drydown to a powdery-like, yet unique scent. The patchouli and the paprika notes, when added to the powdery florals in Absolutely Irresistible, create a spicy warmth that exudes sex appeal and mystery.

As one of my friends would put it, "this fragrance makes you want to eat the parts of your body where you've sprayed it". Although it's not a gourmand, it could very well be one.

I have to say however, that once Absolutely Irresistible settles on the skin it starts to smell very much like Deep Red by Hugo Boss. It'd actually be hard to tell them apart, especially since both have excellent sillage and superb lasting strength.

Overall, I find this fragrance to be very versatile. It can easily be sultry and dirty while still maintaining an element of class and femininity. Definitely a must-try.

turkishrose

ı didnt smell thıs one.. ı wonder it.. ı wanna pheromonal or afrodisiac scent..ı couldnt find yet

Montie_M
Montie_M

Peeling off big mandarin orange, tasting its tangy juice and pulp while watching my flat TV is one of my guilty pleasure. Either in sunny day or when the rain pouring hard, mandarin orange is my best delicacy. Its pulpy texture is reflected perfectly in the opening of Absolutely Irresistible by Givenchy. Sharp, tart, fresh and sparkling, though a bit spicy (and frankly, my nose was a bit aching sniffing the first emanating aroma). That feeling is just like the same feeling erupted from my heart each time my peeling off mandarin orange ritual begins.

Don't get me wrong, though. The whole composition is not mere orange. It also consist of a bit of a jasmine: a sparkling sambac jasmine. So crystal clear it is like dipping a toe into a pond full of jasmine petals. It remind me instantly of flower bath in nearest traditional spa where jasmine is praised as an excellent method to induce sensuality even to the most cold-hearted or frigid woman. Well, I got an idea, why don't we poured some Absolutely Irresistible to her, then.

Just when I thought it's all over, and jasmine reigned above all, a tiny whiff of patchouli appeared. Earthy and quite unfit to the orchestra of flowers before. I will not give any comment as I happen to dislike patchouli in perfume composition, thus unable to give objective review. However, I admit that here in Absolute Irresistible, it added a deeper note of sensuality, a kind of a tinge of content and calmness. It is totally exhilarating. I like perfumes which will drawn men to me.

But, the genius part came some times later, when the amber arrived. It swapped everything from its feet and dominated straight away. And, jasmine decided to encapsulate that amber, creating a sugary notes. It would have been a bit unbearable if there were no patchouli. Thus, the composition is beautifully weird, as both patchouli and amber try to fight their way each other with jasmine builds a block of fence around. In the end, off course, amber won.

Launched in 2008, I believe Absolutely Irresistible might last among myriad of other perfumes. In addition to that, I like Liv Tyler in the ad :-)

perfumesuga21
perfumesuga21

It is a little to sweet. It does smell like delicious berry sorbet,very sensual but strong.

TashaRose
TashaRose

I really love this one. After trying Very Irresistible and being on the fence of like and dislike with that one, I wasn't that eager to give this one a try. But in an effort to be fair, I decided to give it a 3-4 day trial and I'm glad I did.

To me, this is much, much better than Very Irresistible (which has a weird, synthetic rose sort of smell in my opinion). It's also quite different from it. This perfume is spicy, sexy, and warm. Very Irresistible is a walk through a flower garden; Absolutely Irresistible is a stroll along a southern street on a hot summer night.

Let it be said I'm not normally an orange type of girl, and thankfully, I barely get a hint of citrus with this. The paprika and red berries dominate for a while, and thank God for that. What a lovely combination. It sits just right on me, especially with that underlying hint of patchouli warming up underneath.

I find this perfume to be more daring and unique than the others in this line. Definitely not for everyone, but for those who can pull it off... it's sexy, warm, sweet but not overly so, and it makes a bold statement. I love it.

Jaquie
Jaquie

I think that this smells very similar to Very Irresistible. I smell a peper note in it. Unfortunately this is not so long lasting on me as Very Irresistible.
It`s a strange fragrance, but I still like it. It is warm and spicy. The bottle is just awesome.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

This perfume wasn't very fascinating to me. There was nothing about it that screamed ABSOLUTELY IRRESISTIBLE! And actually, my husband said that he could definitely resist it. To him, it smelled spicy. I don't think it was spicy like oriental fragrances...but compared to Very Irresistible, I suppose I can see where he's coming from. But it wasn't all that for me. I actually preferred Very Irresistible to this....and that one isn't that fantastic to me either.

It's not as fruity and sparkly as Very Irresistible. And I think it's a big "stronger" than it as well....but you'll definitely either like it or dislike it.

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

In the beginning it is as irresistible as a delicious sweet made with red berries sorbet, or raspberries more precisely, having that concentrate fruity-tropical flowery gourmande aroma. I suppose it is the red berries-heliotrope effect. This opening, if lasting, would best suit the young beauty and sensuality of a teenager. But...the transforming powers of this perfume are immense. This Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde of perfumes becomes a bitter dried underground tone, as old as a bottle forgotten in a wardrobe. It is mostly amber in the end,with the sweet memories from the past, now only dusty and discomforting matte stains of raspberry sorbet on a velvet curtain.
The sensation, to put it outside olfactory, is similar to that following a too long wear of low quality make-up, from morning when it was shining till late midnight, when it fades lamentably.

Bouquet
Bouquet

I got a sample of this that I'm wearing now. I wasn't sure about it when I smelled it from the tester (thought the patchouli was too strong), but it seems to be very different (and long lasting) on my skin. This is a very wearable perfume, with decent silliage.

On me, this perfume seems to have three stages: It goes on strong initially (very patchouli), then the middle part is quite floral, elegant and beautiful, and the ending is VERY candied and jasmine-y.

I like AI better than VI, but not as much as VIS (even though AI is more versatile than Sensual.) I miss the rose scent, to be honest. So will I buy a bottle? Still not sure. You could certainly do worse for a woody floral.

Livious
Livious

ewww, very irresistible sensual is my favourite perfume, and i was so happy when "absolutely irressitible" was realesed. but then when i tested, i was disappointed, it has notting to do with the others "very irresistibles"!

wow!I wasn't a fan of original very irresistible,but the new versions are getting better and better and maybe this one becomes my new favorite.
the first notes are so refreshing and young.I think I smelled something like pomegranate,not citrusy,but enough floral and a bit fruity.
as it remains it becomes more similar to the older version of irresistible.the same floral notes with strong amber.
this is young,but not teenager.provocative,but not heavy nor powdery.I think it deserves the FIFI award.
to be honest I don't like the advertisement for this perfume at all.I don't think Liv Tyler is a suitable face for a fragrance like this.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

it's a great fragrance to wear. very long lasting. it's very similar to very irresistible, but only warmer and floral.

A lot like L'Instant on my skin, with a powdery amber dry down and notes of something like almond blossom. Pretty and inoffensive, but not really new.

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

I test this one today and is very nice,very diferent from the original(very irresistible) is more fresh and young,i really liked it. ;)

Malegria
Malegria

Finally something that I liked from the Irresistible army.Got more soul in it, almost retro - and definitely more personality then the others. I like the currant note, and it really mixes with patchouli nicely. Not a great scent, but after all disappointments with Irresistibles it feels good to find something classy like this.

vavavoom
vavavoom

cool prfm , it making good sales on my stores , and customers like it , till now no claimes ... godd touch GIVENCHI !

annaraven
annaraven

I really enjoy this - it's romantic but wearable for the daytime.

KJanicki
KJanicki

I didn't smell a strong jasmine either. The beginning was hot, and the drydown is light patchouli and musk. In the middle it was a soft ladylike floral. i find this a little boring.

dina
dina

The top notes are fruity but the dry down is rather similar to Very irresistible the original which is by far much more elegant and unique.
I don't smell the jasmine at all ...

Ninulia
Ninulia

I coyuldnt find anythinmg special, Sweet butr you can match it to many other perfumes... But Actuallt I think it's still good, im looking forward tu buy it

dioradddict
dioradddict

uhmm... the top notes are hot,maybe because of the paprika plus the red berries... red berries stay there for sometime and then there are proeminent jasmine notes with the base notes.The drydown to my nose is very similar to Elle - YSL´s drydown. Maybe is the pachouli. i liked it but wouldn´t buy it...but would wear if it was a gift,for sure...is not bad, i just think it´s not an original scent to me...

knics33
knics33

I like this one the best out of the Irresistible perfumes. Very unique and also very wearable.

amanda
amanda

i liked it a lot, but it seems to me that perfume creators are not very creative now, as this on me smells like bvlgari jasmin noir, with a bit stronger and more powerful middle, maybe its the deal of this winter, anyway i liked it and liked it more than very irresistible

Moszatka
Moszatka

At first it is delicious, and then too masculine on my skin. Not as good as the Very Irresistible Sensual.

Migotka
Migotka

A big disappointment. At first it smells really horrible, then it gets better, but from time it still smells of air purifier.
The ending, once pimento and berries are gone, is very sweet, way too sweet for me, jasmin overwhelmes all other notes.

Absolutely Irresistible by Givenchy 3.75 out of 5 based on 613 ratings and 104 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Absolutely Irresistible fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Absolutely Irresistible, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Absolutely Irresistible by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Absolutely Irresistible by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.