Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Amarige D'Amour Givenchy for women

Amarige D'Amour Givenchy for women
dislike

Amarige D'Amour Givenchy for women Pictures Amarige D'Amour Givenchy for women Pictures

Amarige D'Amour by Givenchy is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Amarige D'Amour was launched in 2003. Amarige D'Amour was created by Bertrand Duchaufour and Emilie (Bevierre) Coppermann. Top notes are black currant, cassia and sweet pea; middle notes are jasmine, rose hip, lily-of-the-valley, rose and white mimosa; base notes are sandalwood and ambergris.

Black Currant Cassia Sweet Pea

Jasmine Rose Hip Lily-of-the-Valley Rose White Mimosa

Sandalwood Ambergris

Collection Extraordinaire Lys Carmin

Amarige D'Amour Fragrance Reviews

janella13
janella13

Found a half full bottle of this at an estate sale. Not something I would expect the original homeowner to have in her possession.

Glad I picked it up for $1. Yeaooza. Lovely, just lovely. (I did test it before I purchased it) Doesn't last as long as I would like. Very few summer scents seem to last. Prada D'Iris is an exception.

I digress. Very nice light scent. If you find it, try it.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

This is one of those flankers that have nothing at all in common with the original - why do they do this?
Anyway, the good news is that it's just lovely! A light, fresh fragrance thatis perfect for spring and summer. I detect no blackcurrant or ivy - notes I really dislike - to me it's green quality is like green tea and it is very refreshing and uplifting. (Quite the opposite of the original!) You could wear this anywhere and anytime and feel good.

jilligan
jilligan

Please try the body veil - the perfume left a sour note during testing, but the body veil stayed as a sweet sandalwood, perfect for summer weddings!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

A very sweet-pea fragrance. This actually smells a tad oldfashioned and made me feel frumpy and matronly and I am one who loves old fragrances. I think this reminded me of an old Yardley type fragrance very linear and not much going on.

vicka16
vicka16

I like Amarige d'Amour, it is a very light and airy perfume, just with a touch of sweetness, perfect for day wear during the summer. I don't detect black currant at all.
I also have the original version (wich I love), and these two have absolutely nothing in common.

Ata2004
Ata2004

..best perfume I have ever had.....nothing smells like this!!!!

I prefer this version to the original Amarige. The first spritz smelled strongly like sweet pea, which didn't last too long. I really dislike cassis. It's the one note that keeps me from fully loving this perfume. I detect mimosa more easily than any other flower as well as a touch of tartness from the rosehip. I hate using the word "soapy," but there is a pure, translucent, clean quality about this fragrance that I really enjoy. It's a nice, clean, spring floral, but make no mistake--it retains that Givenchy complexity that makes for a high-quality, classic perfume. And for such a spring-y perfume, lasting strength is commendable.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I was given this for Xmas. It is pretty light and unfortunatelly does not last on my skin. I do prefer the original one.

amanita68
amanita68

My brother in law (husband of Iluvsmellies)and I used to munch our way through many packets of sweets to get us through the working day. This wonderfully amazing fragrance is the ultimate sweet lover's dream....

It opens with the olfactory overload of an explosion in a sweet factory, Woah!

Within 30 seconds the zesty tang of Refreshers emerges, which then quickly fades within a minute to the less prominent and sweeter tone of Love Hearts.

After another 30 seconds or so, the floral sweet aroma of Parma Violets tantalises your taste buds. Shortly afterward, The delicious fruity aroma of Cherry Haribos begins to dominate with an undertone of Swizzle Lollies.

The cherry Haribos remain dominant for another 5 minutes or so, slowly complemented with foamy-backed Haribos and the milk bottle ones. These are slowly and enjoyably consumed until we reach the lovely drydown - the sweet tang of an empty refreshers packet, a subtle reminder of what once was.

Delicious!

(By the way, I don't have shares in Swizzle, but think I possibly should have :)

tonni
tonni

Yes,I agree with Rithacha.

Amarige D'Amour is possibly the most sour perfume I've ever smelled,black currant and cassia,both of them make a serious sour mixture can kill all the animals and persons from the beginning to ending.

rithacha
rithacha

Please don't think just because it's a lighter flanker it's dishwasher soap. Amarige D'Amour has some serious attitude for a flanker, and to me, it totally steps out from behind older sis Amarige's shadow on its own right. Not dark and sexual like Amarige, but not a citrusy-flowery-watery typical springtime edition either. Totally different and unique.

To begin with, Amarige D'Amour is possibly the most sour perfume I've ever smelled, right up there with Hypnose Senses. Not a citrus sourness, mind you, but the sourness of barely-ripe berries and slightly-green flower buds. Being as I love sour chypres, this is really great. The sourness persists for the duration of the perfume, but one or two hours in, gentle springtime flowers come in the balance the pH. Little pink petals of sweetpea and roses, cushioned on a cloud of lilies. The woods don't play a major role in this.

I find Amarige D'Amour to be a springtime flanker with a serious edge. It definitely has its own personality, and it isn't just a happy-go-lucky dumbed down version of the original. Sometimes the sourness can be off-putting, so I have to be in an especially strong mood if I decide to reach for it in the morning.

allexa27
allexa27

I love the perfumes from the Amarige family!Even thought this is very light ,it is not like the other light citrusy and light flowery fragrances out there.This has a character,it is extremely feminine and the lasting power is great!!!!Next week I am buing it!

essija
essija

I was given this as a gift from a friend who knew I adored the original. I liked it but just not the same as Amarige (the best). Much softer and would agree with elgab on it being for younger girls.. cudos to givinchy though...

elgab89
elgab89

This has not received the same undeniable success of its older sister Amarige. I am not surprised as it has a complete feel. Fans of Amarige (myself included) were probably expecting the same sultry, dark and overpowering effect, just to be welcomed by her happy and chatty little sister that is quite young and innocent. The chypre is evident but, unfortunately, not special. I think it misses that "je ne sais quoi" that attracted us so much in the original version.

Amarige D'Amour by Givenchy 3.46 out of 5 based on 93 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Amarige D'Amour fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Amarige D'Amour, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amarige D'Amour by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amarige D'Amour by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.