Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Amarige Mariage Givenchy for women

Amarige Mariage Givenchy for women
dislike

cinnamon
Amarige Mariage Givenchy for women Pictures Amarige Mariage Givenchy for women Pictures Amarige Mariage Givenchy for women Pictures Amarige Mariage Givenchy for women Pictures Amarige Mariage Givenchy for women Pictures Amarige Mariage Givenchy for women Pictures Amarige Mariage Givenchy for women Pictures

Amarige Mariage is the scented emotion of the most beautiful day of life : the wedding day. Givenchy by turning the word ‘Amarige’ into its anagram, ‘Mariage’, created a perfume dedicated to this perfect day. The scent is a feminine bouquet with chypre oriental note of patchouli. A feminine floral bouquet is composed of magnolia, Egyptian jasmine and Ceylon cinnamon bark. A sensual oriental base has a rather sharp patchouli accord mixing it with sandalwood and warm balsamic resin. A white gold ring unmistakenly reminds of a romantic wedding-ring. Amarige Mariage was created in 2006.

Bitter Orange Bergamot

Magnolia Jasmine Cinnamon

Benzoin Sandalwood Patchouli

Havana Pour Elle
Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence

Amarige Mariage Fragrance Reviews

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Doesn't really smell too much like Amarige. It's quite woody, but has a lasting creamy scent that is unmatched these days. Highly recommend.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This delicious soft, sweet, floral & spicy scent reminds me a lot of Flowerbomb. I feel like this one is a bit more "grown up" & it is blended so nicely. If you enjoy soft gourmand type scents, I suggest you try this or Black Pearls.
Cheers!

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

I got this one in a swap (Thank you so much Anywho!) and I love it!
It is a lot like Dior Dolce Vita to begin with but as it settles it starts to lose that "sparkle" that Dolce Vita has (but doesn't lose it completely).
It also doesn't have the fruity/pineapple-ness.
Best way to describe it would probably be a Autumn/winter Dolce Vita. It's a bit heavier but not too much.
Swapped this blind - best blind decision ever!

alyaa
alyaa

Lovely scent , very sharp florals with mostly jasmin at the beginning and also quite loud. The orange is very nice and lingers throughout the whole dry down which is truly heavenly creamy balsamic cinnamon. Lasts for more than 10 hours on my skin and although loud at the beginning, it becomes quiet towards the dry down. Not a skin sect by any means though and I can smell it on myself even 10 hours later without having to sniff my wrists. The dry down has some similarity to Organaza Indecence , but much softer . It's definitely a keeper for me .

smellME
smellME

The notes sounded interesting and my lovely perfume friend mooniq gifted me with a sample. Thanks !
By reading the reviews I was somehow scared of it beeing too sweet,
but oh is this lovely or what !
It is sweet balmy and lightly scented cinnamon.
Warm , cuddly pretty easy to wear with no note sticking out.
Has a lovely drydown too...
Love at first wear !
I need a bottle -
Now
Got my first compliment yesterday, from a youngster at work!
- Something smells nice here...its you.
Those young guys and cinnamon rolls. ;-)
Politely I said Thank you , I like it too !

Update -
Tried this today on a warm summer afternoon, and realized its a winterscent for me. Today totally overpowering and sticky , still love the smell though but saving this for fall / winter. It lasts and lasts and gets to creamy and sweet.

truffles
truffles

Freddinos, I completely agree with you - no cinnamon at all here! If anything, I'm getting a tinge of 'cherry lip' sweeties. Am surprised to seemingly like this one and am currently investigating it. .

KaseyC
KaseyC

Wearing it for the first time today.

What can I say about this perfume?

Hmmm... it's perfect to wear it in the cold weather. I sprayed it on my neck and I could feel so warm around this area. The cinnamon note in this one is very friendly. The whole scent is very pleasant, kind of sweet, feminine, elegant and clean to my nose. I feel so comfortable and peaceful in this scent. I have the same feeling when wearing Rance Laetitia Millesime, which I adore very much.

I am very lucky to be able to get a bottle of Amarige Mariage as it is now discontinued.

Third bottle! Love, love, love Amarige Mariage. So perfect, not to loud, not to pale, not to weak, not to strong.. warm, sexy, elegant, sophisticated, chic,timeless, spicy, deep.. just perfection...'

Tredje flaskan! Älskar, älskar, älskar Amarige Mariage. Så perfekt, inte för högljudd, inte för blek, inte för svag, inte för stark. varm, sexig, elegant, sofistikerad, chic, tidlös, kryddig, djup.. helt perfekt...

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

I got it as a gift from a great friend plus the body lotion . A strong perfume with a voluptous smell , much syrupy than the original Amarige but certainly lush & breath taking ... a sillage monster . Apply with care.

icecube
icecube

Well strong is the right word for this perfume. Sweet is the other.
It is a totally blended perfume - a grand lady with flowers in the driverseat.
I would certainly have liked this one if it did not contain the infamouse "catpeenote" - dont know what mix makes this note or I would never buy fragrances with them in it.
So this one will go on to someone that appreciates it more - I have a full 100 ml EDP up for grabs.

flamingjune5dwj
flamingjune5dwj

Found the EDP in a bargain bin. Its a very interesting fragrance, and I quite like it, although it most likely won't be one I reach for every day.

I am not sure that I agree with many of the other posters here who are calling this a sweet, very sweet, gourmand - certainly not the usual Pink Sugar Sensual or Sud Pacifique Vanielle gourmand that usually first comes to mind with I think of the typical popular sweet smelling type fragrances. With that being said, it does have a hint of sweetness, for me especially in the opening - not something overpowering or heavy, but a trace of honeyed vanilla. That vanilla is accompanied by the bitter citrus of the orange, which I think balances it nicely.

I do however agree with the other posters who describe it's dry down as a creamy, warm, rich, deep, slightly spicy, intense, sexy, winter or colder weather fragrance. I don't see this being worn by many teenagers or young women, not because I don't think its suits them, but because I doubt many would be particularly drawn to it, I don't find it at all your typical sweet floral. I also see this as a more sensual night fragrance, not really a blushing bride, but thats just my opinion. In a strange way it gives me a similar vibe to La Petite Robe Noire EDP by Guerlain - minus the dark cherry of course - but they both have that kind of rich darker quality.

All in all I think its a lovely fragrance, I doubt I would have paid full price for it, but I am glad I found it discounted.

Edit: Longevity on me is good, and thats coming from someone for whom most perfumes disappear in the first couple of hours. The sillage seems to be strong as well so I wouldn't spray it more than two or three times.

Soignee
Soignee

I love this perfume, and wore it for my wedding day. It is smooth, creamy, warm and sensuous. It is a very sexy, feminine scent. Ever since my wedding, I have only worn this for special occasions. It's unfortunate that this lovely fragrance has been discontinued.

freddinos
freddinos

Recently I was recommended to try Amarige Mariage, as I love cinnamon notes (and Organza Indecence). I must be anosmic to cinnamon in this, as I do not detect it at all! Amarige Mariage to my nose is an oriental floral with a 90s character, with many yellow florals in its composition. From its middle notes down, it is like a better and less harsh version of Paco Rabanne Havana Pour Elle. In conclusion, it is a lovely mainly oriental floral perfume, that I personaly wouldn't have worn on my wedding day (found it too casual and loud for that purpose, but that's just my taste) and unfortunately it doesn't smell at all like Organza Indecence. If you are looking for Havana Pour Elle and connot find it though, this might do the trick for you:)

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I blind bought this fragrance out of pure curiosity and it's discounted price, US$22/30ml. The scent was very familiar to me when I sprayed it on my skin. It was a very warm, sweet and spicy kind of scent. Then I realized that I was smelling Chanel Egoiste 'in a skirt'. A scent that resemble Egoiste except softer and sweeter. I like Egoiste but wish it could be softer. Now I find Amariage Mariage and it instantly becomes one of my love. Yes, for a man.

popescu.cristina
popescu.cristina

This perfume is sweet and very creamy soft cashmere sophisticated Organza resembles but is more gentle. Is for a cooler autumn winter and early spring.
It has very good longevity on the hair and clothes smell more than a day.
.I absolutely LOVE this fragrance.
.THANK YOU Givenchy

Bitzy77
Bitzy77

Have only just found this perfume this week! What have I been missing! For me it is very similar to Rochas Alchimie which I have never been able to get over since it was discontinued. Love, love, love this!

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I had a mini of this like 10 years ago. I was testing Mariah Carey M when I had to scramble my head to figure out why it it so familiar when I only have a few sweet fragrances. Then it dawned on me---M smells like a less citric version of Amarige Mariage.

AM is sweet, balmy, and on my skin, the florals act like a buffer to the sweetness, like a sheer veil. This is a mature gourmand in my opinion but can be worn by a teen quite easily if the chemistry matches. Very Givenchy.

Janey1966
Janey1966

Has this scent been discontinued? I have read mixed reviews on it so I am unsure.

Anyway, I had 'the full set' so to speak, including the perfume, body lotion and shower gel for my wedding day in April 2008. I resisted using it until the day itself and it was difficult, believe me.

All the products replaced my signature scent, namely Givenchy Organza Indecence as it was discontinued, much to my dismay.

How did it compare? It was OK I suppose and I DID feel special wearing it but I would not say it is a fragrance to get married in, particularly and it winds me up that 'Mariage' only has one 'r' in it!

By the way, it did not last very long, even though I had the 'full set' on, like I said.

L0tus23
L0tus23

My sister gave this to me a couple of weeks ago, and i was nervous in trying it after some of the bad/mixed reviews even though i like my spicy florientals.

Glad to say, on my skin it smells lovely of orange and heady jasmine and spices. It is very strong, so only use sparingly. I do think it's better suited to colder climates, so i will try it again when the harsh Aussie summer has cooled down. I have plans to wear this out for a nice cosy intimate dinner, the fragrance is well suited to a night out in a warm restaurant indulding in dessert. Perhaps that's my hedonistic leanings, but it's definitely got a sensual edge to it.

Interesting that most people who like the original Amarige dislike this, whilst i love this and find the original version not my style.

The original Amarige may have been a sweet, white floral, but its flanker, Amarige Mariage is a sweet, syrupy oriental.

I realise that this fragrance is not widely liked, hence the reason why it's often found in discount stores. I approached Amarige Mariage with a sense of trepidation, especially after having read many negative comments prior to testing. Much to my surprise and delight, Amarige Mariage is the kind of fragrance that I usually enjoy.

The sweetness may be off-putting for some, but to my nose it's the perfect touch. Amarige Mariage is quite spicy and warm, with a unique bitter orange and fresh jasmine blend, adding a sparkling and delicate feel to an already heavy and rich composition.

I'll have to admit that it doesn't strike me as something that I would wear to a wedding, or as a bride for that matter. It's more of a wintry, night-time scent. A fragrance I would enjoy wearing while sipping on a mug of hot chocolate in front of a roaring fire.

The benzoin note smells almost vanillary on my skin, with the cinnamon adding to the slightly gourmand, delicious quality. I struggle to understand how people could grow to dislike Amarige Mariage, seeing that I'm enjoying it so much.

The longevity is great, as is the sillage which radiates within an arm's length. I am most impressed by Amarige Mariage, and am even more thankful that it's still available in my area.

Isabella1
Isabella1

So much patchouli and orange, and yes, very sweet. This is beautiful and very strong. It reminds me of christmas time at the ice skating rink and going to watch the tree lighting ceremonies. It also makes me think of autumn and pumpkins and halloween. I love it but it is not good for snuggling with the hubby, it becomes too much if smelled from too close, like drinking orange spice eggnog, you can only have a little of it at a time. If you wear this outside it is better because it can waft from your skin and clothes into the air beautifully. Not the greatest perfume but it is very nice and different. It reminds me of the new Organza Indecence not the old one, the old one has lots of cinnamon spice the new one is more musty and lots of heavy heavy sweet notes. If anyone wants to buy the new Organza Indecence I suggest you buy this one instead it will save you money. It also remind me just a little of the drydown of Fendi Theorama minus some spice. Oh, and also Dolce Vita but this is much more heavy sweet, like eggnog I mentioned before. It is beautiful for cold weather. It also remind me of Thiery Mugler Angel very much. If you like those types of perfume you will like this as well, but this is not as good as those.

Annica
Annica

Amarige Mariage does not give me any wedding feel, no it is rather a feel of a married couple who know each other inside out and sit together by the fire. Mature people, mature love, where the passion is still alive. Cozy fragrance that is a bit similar to Organza Indécence actually.

Update: I think this will become a favorite for Winter. How gorgeous this is! Love it! Got a back-up in the mail today. Think I´m obsessed...

rubyred
rubyred

I have a 30ml almost full bottle if you are in Australia and want to swap anything for it PM me. It's too spicy and thick for me I bought it hoping it would be like Dolce Vita and while similar it is not light enough for me (I don't like florientals and this is quite heavy).
EDIT: gone now, to a good home.

natural
natural

zumrut you are so right! your review describes exactly my feelings about this gorgeous fragrance! Amarige mariage is just amazing! warm,deep,sensual,magical! I feel so lucky I managed to buy a bottle from english ebay!

zumrut
zumrut

An incredibly beautiful, feminine, soft but not quiet,deeply elegant and warm scent, it's possible to detect every note but none of them is overwhelming, they're very well blended. I just can't stop myself sniffing it all the time, love it too much and very sad that it's discontinued.

Very warm and sweet enough fragrance!

The bitter orange, jasmine, magnolia, cinnamon, benzoin and sandalwood notes are the most noticeable notes in it.

This fragrance reminds me Dolce Vita by Dior because of the magnolia and cinnamon notes.

Also it reminds me Alien by Thierry Mugler because of the very noticeable jasmine note.

The sillage and the lasing power of it are just excellent!

I like Amarige Mariage despite sometimes it seems to me a little bit annoying.

gracious
gracious

I like it. It is not invasive but also cov unnoticed. Candy on the measure. Pity that the duration is not greater, in me: on average 3 hours only.
It is limited edition, sorry

paulie86
paulie86

It's taken me forever to finally review this fragrance and it's still kind of hard to think of what to write lol. This was my signature fragrance from the time it was released to the day it was discontinued. I remember the day I found this perfume I was in a department store waiting for my friend to finish shopping while he was paying I went over to the perfume counter to browse. I was never really into perfumes I mostly wore body sprays in high school or typical things people of that age wear. I just saw this sitting on the side and picked it up to sniff. It felt as though time had stopped I was enveloped in a warm cloud of creamy vanilla and sandalwood with hints of soft spices and a pinch of cinnamnn and nutmeg. I felt peaceful and serene until the sales woman bothered me lol she told me it was the new fragrance by Givenchy I took that information with me and days later informed my mom kind of hinting that I wanted it.

One day When she came home from shopping with her friends she was showing me all the nice things she bought and when she got to the perfumes she picked out I saw that one of them was Amarige Mariage. I gagged and exclaimed that was the perfume that I wanted and told her about. Even though she bought it for herself and could tell I was kind of sad when she informed me of that decided to give it to me on the spot I was so happy!

I sprayed this on everything and I mean everything as well as everywhere. On my bed and pillows, on my skin and my clothes, inside my treasured vintage Chanel bag, I used it as air freshener, and I sprayed it on when I felt sad or inferior. I wore this during the good and the bad. When I started fashion school, when my parents divorced, through recovery for a nervous breakdown and an eating disorder, through drug binges, to events with my dad and his sociopathic new wife and her pretentious family. The best of all was wearing this underage at the clubs on the dance floor Mariage leaking from my pores mixed with sweaty bodies all around me. I could never wear this again it's too strong a tie to my former self and the fast paced life associated with that person.

I smile though when I see this fragrance at the perfume shops when I first started shopping at the one where I live I was telling the woman that was my signature when I was younger she happily obliged and offered to open one for me to try it again I smiled and politely declined. I laugh now at the times when I wore Givenchy Amarige Mariage and the crazy shit teenagers get into thats what I love about scent it's a powerful thing.

perfumery123
perfumery123

cirtus and patchouli, it is warm and nice , settles down to quite a heady smell of patchouli for me but i like that, it is soo good i love it

So we meet again. Long time - no see, and I missed you. Amarige mariage is my absolute favourite. Lovely spicy, fresh, womanish, sexy, deep and warm. I don't like Amarige but this one - O'boy its Great! Longlasting. Less is more, spray carefully or else this one will turn thick and overwhelming.

Så möts vi igen. Lång tid sen sist och jag saknar dig Amarige Mariage, min absoluta favorit. Underbart kryddig, fräsch, kvinnlig, sexig, djup och varm. Jag gillar inte Amarige men denna är helt otroligt underbar! doftar länge på huden. Spreja försiktigt annars blir den tung och kvalmig och en riktig rumsdödare. En doft som börjar bli svår att hitta i butikerna.. tyvärr.

Takhaet
Takhaet

It was a blind buy and I didnt really like it . In fact I wanted to swop it but no one wanted to have it....I have had it for 6 months now, unused.

Only recently I was looking for some perfume samples in my draw and I found this. Sniffed it again and still didnt like it...but then i sprayed it on my wrists. After about 10 minutes I could not believe that it actually smelled so nice! very warm, spicy a bit of cinnamon and orange, benzoin is quite nice as well.

Six months Ive had it in my bedroom and didnt even know what treasure I actually had :) it is lovely for winter days. So calming and relaxing but sexy and strong at the same time . I am glad no one wanted to
swop :-)

Ihad to edit it .....- lovely perfume but after few hours I had to take a shower because it gave me a horrible headache :-(

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

A great throwback to "festive scents" genre that became rather popular in the 90-s as well as cherished reminiscence of cheap yet high-quality Soviet colognes from the 80-s. It's also a bit similar to Java by F. Olivier with citrus-jasmine-magnolia notes they have in common, but unlike Java, Amarige Marriage is "with lace".
The sillage is in the best Givenchy sillage-gem (Organza, etc.) fashion.
Gotta have it,'cause it's there.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I bought this blind as the notes really appeal to me.
I got it and i like it a lot. Its soft cinnamon, with a hint of bitter orange, the right amount of patchouli [not overwhelming] and sandelwood. I dont get much of the flower notes but i love it the way it developes on my skin. Its not heavy or overly sweet.
It has indeed in the drydown similarities with Gucci Accenti, but it is also a tiny bit [drydown] similar to Indecence Givenchy. Its a good fall/winter fragrance.

pureblonde
pureblonde

This fragrance has fast become one of my favourites. I had a tester of this initially but even before that was finished I had ordered myself a large bottle.
Cinnamon is a favourite note of mine and in amarige mariage it is certainly prominent but not overpowering. Here it is in perfect balance with the floral components which keep it overall interesting and decidedly feminine.
There is a subtle sweetness throughout which I find keeps the whole combination warm. Surprisingly the drydown becomes more about vanilla while still keeping that beautiful floral and cinnamon mix in the background.
There is just something about this scent and I feel so comfortable wearing it no matter whether it's to work, for casual wear or nights out, I just love it.
The weather is definitely warming up where I live but this has not (yet) become too heavy. In fact, it's sexy as hell to catch a smell of this on the breeze of a warm day!
Longevity is excellent and clings well to fabric. I have received compliments on this one, even from my SO who rarely comments so that in itself makes this somewhat special to me but ultimately I wear it for myself.
Highly recommend!

crysna
crysna

i tested and its so ugly! like fresh cutting grass smell but in a bad way iuuuuu so strong so overpowering not for that special day (wedding day)sorry for the lovers of this one but it doesnt work with my body chemistry!

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

I bought a 1oz eau de parfum size just for safety measure and because well... the larger bottles have no where to go now in my room.

I would say suprisingly this is not that modern being made in the 2006, first spray was an intoxicating and kind of overbearing burst of bold florals, reminiscence of the 80s powerhouses ( as mentioned by mellybelly)

This actually is very very alike to Gucci Accenti on my skin. The drydown that comes later is quite different though.

The initial spray is very very strong, longevity is excellent, sillage i would say a little less than monstrous, on me i detect dominantly a rich heavy magnolia and cedar and of course the heavy dose of cinnamon, not quite spicy but more aromatic?
The drydown is to die for, a very rich non-edible vanilla with lingering cinnamon, the whole composition is constantly sweetened by the jasmine note.

Overall im very glad to have bought a 1oz size, as im sure it will last be a looonng time, it took one full spritz to last 12hours. I would recommend this more a matured taste 28+ and above. Will be safe keeping this for awhile as it seems it has been discontinued.

MaricaCarica
MaricaCarica

Definitly my favourit!I will love it allways,and offcours i will wear it on my wedding one day i hope!

marta2712
marta2712

At first it felt a bit overpowering, but it dries down to a soft, cuddly, but not sickening-sweet smell. Definitely for all day round wear. Highly recommend!!

xoxcassxox
xoxcassxox

At first I didn't think much of this scent.. until I smelt my wrist about 30mins later.. wow.. sweet, feminine, fresh... just beautiful! May not be the best straight up but some things are worth the wait :)

boruvka44
boruvka44

Soft and cuddly scent. The opening is pretty syrupy. It smells like an expensive shampoo.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Ok..love Givenchy for the most part. I sprayed on skin, I smell soft,creamy woods, a little cinnamon, jasmin, yes, magnolia, yes, very pleasant and wearable. Not over the top or heavy like Givenchy Organza Indecence. Very pretty, very nice without being complicated. I do love this fragrance. Basically, cinnamon, simple white florals, and earthy woods.

candymarie

A perfume for your wedding day? I'll say! If you want to smell sweet and earthy and elegant, and make everyone enjoy hugging you! The more I wear this one the more I love it.

The Summer weather is starting to heat up around here, but I don't care. I'm still wearing it!

kazulet
kazulet

longevity is great. it takes about 7-8 hours on me. its not a marriage perfume but great for winter and fall.
for patchuli lovers.

candymarie

To me this is a sweet, woody, creamy oriental with well-blended patchouli. I like it a lot and will wear it often. Too bad i only just now discovered it.

servana
servana

I agree with Brindlegirl, I can definitely smell vanilla! I could also smell the cinnamon straight away. And once I read the notes, I was able to discern the bergamot too. It smells clean, fresh & floral. However when I spray it on my skin, it smells a lot less floral and a lot more citrusy. And the bergamot really comes out on me. I quite like this, it reminds me of the perfume I loved as a child but cannot remember the name of!

EDIT: It's a few weeks later & i'd just like to give an update. I'm wearing it again today & it smells exactly like orange & vanilla. This must be made by the bitter orange, cinnamon & bergamot. These are the main notes for me. I love the combination of orange & bergamot, & the cinammon gives it a twist that makes this fragrance really warm, rather than fresh & citrusy. Very good longevity!!

PS. I smell no patchouli in this at all, which is good for patchouli haters like myself.

LindyLou
LindyLou

Smells really yummy at first but the perfume is just too big for me to wear. It is too distracting.

ren
ren

I used Dolce Vita for years seems they have discontinued it...anyway I also think it looks like Mariage..maybe I'll give it a try!!!

Lujza
Lujza

I'd totaly forgot about this tresor by Givenchy. It was last summar, after a long walk with my lovely sister, We decided to buy something special for her... trying lots of notes on herself, she chose to put thise one - a simple bottle but with a beautiful orental notes ...So lovely... at first you will feel the orange,and then the magnolia,... lots of Egyption jasmine and cinnamon-it was a great choice for both of us..THANK YOU Givenchy 9/10 points from us!

olga1780
olga1780

Lovely oriental floral! Very similar to Desnuda by Emanuel Ungaro, but less complex, less spicy, and much louder with a little different twist added by magnolia. So I would say if you have either one, no need to buy the other. But if you are a big oriental floral fan, both of these perfumes would be an asset to your collection.
Outstanding staying power and sillage...on me stays at least 6 hours, sometimes more than I need.

brindlegirl
brindlegirl

Absolutely beautiful!

This scent is so feminine warm and I'm surprised its classed as floral. Its more oriental floral if you ask me.

I can smell vanilla however there is none but it does have that sweet vanilla tone to it.

It smells similar to flower bomb and Revlons Delicate moments.

This perfume is very long lasting, one spray goes a long way. Its non offensive and is great for every day wear and also for a night out. Its perfect!!

ReinaT
ReinaT

I looooove this perfume! I love the original floral Amirage, but this take on it, Mirage is fabulous too! I only receive compliments on it. You can definitely smell the patchouli in it, but I tell people that is just the "little hippy girl in me":) It is a lovely oriental with just a touch of spicy and I personally react very well with it. Not as strong or even in the same line as Opium, Poison, Must or anything like that. It is floral and feminine but has enough patchouli and other oriental to make it mysterious. I have only received compliments on it, and good news is that it is not too expensive. I feel that pretty much one can never go wrong with anything create by the house of Givenchy.

lilou
lilou

Very pleasant perfume. A seller advised me to test it when I told her I liked Cristobal for women - Balenciaga. For moderate but seductive and elegant women.

On my testerbottle it says: Group- chypre oriental EdP, here on fragratica it says Floral.

The opening is softspicy and turns quickly into a warm, sensual and feminine scent. Lovely. Not loud, this scent stays close to the person who wears it.Lovely. A great everyday scent, I think.

...and I have to add...this will be my alltime-fume. I bought this yesterday and I have been abslolutely addicted to it...Its a wow-scent....Longlasting to. 10/10 from me!

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

I purchased a bottle of this perfume last week and wore it for the first time last night. Have always loved the original - hadn't heard of this one before but because I knew the original suited me thought I would give it a try. It is beautiful - suits my skin and I had lovely compliments about it. Have now rung the store I purchased it from and they have put another bottle away for me. I paid $22 Australian dollars for a 1oz eu de Parfum which is a bargain for something so good.
As Coco says, you don't need a lot - a light spray lasts and lasts.

maru8862
maru8862

I was hunting down a wedding fragrance for my cousin this week and was advised by a nice sales assistant to try this one. I must say it was love at first sniff! A very feminine floral, soft and delicate like a bride is supposed to be, but at the same time with character and unforgettable, just like every girl imagines her wedding day. I hold this to also be a perfect office scent, as someone else has said here. It is pure elegance and sophistication.

ChristyS
ChristyS

The first hour this perfume is really too much, too much Patchouli I guess. But THEN: one of the best fragrances EVER for me. Lovely, sweet but not too sweet. Yes, it is similiar to Dolce Vita by Dior, but better, and not that sweet imho. I really don´t like it that much the first 1- 2hours but it´s absolutely worth waiting, because for the rest of the day (literally,it is veeery longlasting)it is great!

Givenchy AMARIGE MARIAGE bears virtually no resemblance to its namesake, AMARIGE, which may explain the negative reviews--a reaction to dashed expectations.

If my vial were not a manufacturer-produced, carded sample, I could easily have mistaken this for a flanker of Thierry Mugler ANGEL. Lots of sweet patchouli in a pleasant floral mix, AMARIGE MARIAGE is essentially another patchouli frag among so many others which erupted on the scene post-ANGEL.

The staying power is quite good, and the sillage pretty big, but I'd have to say that AMARIGE MARIAGE is more or less interchangeable with any among the entire panoply of sweet patchouli frags. Nothing remarkable or new here, but nice, if sweet patchouli is your thing (which is a big if...).

The dominant floral here is jasmine, so perhaps that's the "link" to AMARIGE? Still, a pretty weak link, given that jasmine figures so prominently in so many floral frags.

callua
callua

Yes! one of my favourite:)I don'like Amarige,but this one is completely different and I feel vanilla in it:)so lovely and longlasting!

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

I decided to change my review, after knowing this perfume better. I would say it is nice, but has no personality. It has a pleasant moment to it, but not enough depth to take me on a long journey. I feel I am stuck somewhere in a middle of a road. It is pretty, but now that I got a small bottle of it, I would wear it anonymously when I don't want to twist heads around.

instantjim
instantjim

I bought a 1 oz bottle of this for my wife as they were being reduced to $10 each at K-Mart. I was apprehensive as to whether she would actully like it. She loves it. She said she would definitely wear it on a wedding day and it would complement a floral bouquet. To her and to me it is very floral, we don't really detect the citrus but rather it smells really blossomy (probably it the jasmine and magnolia that give this impression). It is sweet, but not sickly sweet. A top ten fragrance for my wife.

mandi
mandi

It's interesting how different our noses and perceptions are because in my humble opinion this is a much better perfume than original Amarige.

I love the way this fragrance evolves seamlessly from the citrus opening notes to floral heart which is spiked with just the right amount of cinnamon; but my favourite part is the dry down, it is very warm and sensual, with a powdery undertone and I can almost swear I smell vanilla too.

On me this fragrance is very rich and feminine and in no way synthetic.

The lasting power is phenomenal; this fragrance lasted for hours and I could still faintly smell it after washing the dishes. Wow! This perfume deserves respect. Definitely one of my new favourites.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

i totally agree with zvoncica. this perfume is just wrong. this is not how the wedding day should smell. no way. the amount of patchouli is too much for my stomach to endure... and it is not feminine at all.

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

I do prefer Amarige Mariage to Amariage. Warm and floral. You will get the bitter orange scent in the opening. After this grand opening you only need a white flower bouquet to start running to the hills:)

zvoncica
zvoncica

I was attracted to the bottle appearance and therefore urged to try this newer Amarige edition. Also the name of the perfume tempted me, how did Givenchy imagine the wedding day smell?

I regretted my curiosity few seconds later.
Beginning of Mariage is overwhelming and unpleasant. Starts immediately as flower - patchouli monster. No citruses whatsoever. I thought that with time the perfume will settle down and become more pleasant. It did settle down to the faze of sickening sweetness. Oh, and also developed even more strength and boldness.

I decided to wash my wrist in the beginning of third hour. In my opinion Mariage lacks sensuous and feminine touch which I expected considering the perfume name. Overly loud, sweet, unfriendly.

AngelaGanttCarp
AngelaGanttCarp

This really is a lovely fragrance. It is like a ramped up Amarige. I tested it using the Eau De Parfume. It is very strong initially but settles down quickly and leaves a softer scent although it is still pretty powerful. Personally, I would not wear this for a wedding day perfume. That day needs something more rose less fruit. It could easily offend someone.

PS This one did not cause my allergies to kick up but I did not have a spray just a test packet. For true measure go to the counter and have it sprayed on you.

milena
milena

I bought this scent yesterday. It smells very nice on my skin, vanilla and spice with all things nice.To my nose this scent is very similar to dolce vita.Love it love it love it love it.

I like this scent in spite of the fact that it lacks some originality.
I used to wear Amarige a lot and this one is another fragrance, not a flanker and not similar. Mariage is much warmer and it has a strong scent of cinnamon which is just delicious on my skin. I wouldn't call this just floral, because flowers are only a part of the whole scent. It's a warm spicy floral and it also has something in common with the '80s. I have a small decant and wear it sometimes, not often, especially on colder days.
It smells very similar to Dolce Vita without the strong woody note of the drydown.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Aw...
ful...

The only thing I like is the advertisement : the grass, the dress and the red hair!
Sorry once again.

sharyssa
sharyssa

This is a very beautiful scent.Warm,sweet and I think it will be my new favorite,I could wear this every day!

Rouge
Rouge

On me it smells exactly like Burberry Brit. The jasmine ruins everything.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Ohh i love it,it smells like dolce vita with cinnamon.To me this one is better then Amarige..

though I don't like classic bottles,the bottle of this re-edition is very nice and lovely and the scent is good too.
the only amarige series I've smelled are the original one and this one and I can say I like this version more than the original one.although the original version is a perfume with personality,to me it's old fashioned,but this one is floral without overwhelming.
my nose can't recognize these notes listed here,but the whole fragrance is a very mild and soft floral scent.
it doesn't have signature of amarige smelling,but it has the signature of givenchy fragrances.it has the same mild flowers scents mixed with warm notes of sandalwood and patchouli smelling,like versions of irresistible,but in a more classic flacon.
by the way,don't trust the notes.it doesn't smell like the composition of the notes.try it.it's lovely,but not describable.

allexa27
allexa27

Oh my God I finally found my signature smell.I love it ,love it ,looooove it!sweet warm oriental with citrus notes and spiceness.I love the way it lasts,sooo hypnotizing!Men love it too;).It reminds me a lot of Organza Indecence ,which i also like,but this one is suitable for all seasons,Indecence is more for autumn-winter time.

shelpen
shelpen

For my nose it smells very much like Dior Dolce Vita and Organza Indecence: the winning composition of bergamot-cinnamon-sandalwood-patchouli is definitely here. I did not detect any presence of the flowers at all. It is quite strange (for me anyway) that this fragrance is put in floral category.
The verdict: if you happend to have either Dolce Vita or Organza Indecence you can skip this one.

ferrari
ferrari

It's smell good in the base - warm cinnamon with sandalwood sweet notes. But in first thirty minutes after spray, mix of jasmine and magnolia on my skin worked not very well.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

I am a real "Amarige" fan, and I was looking to replace my supply at the local overstock store, and found "Amarige Mariage" instead, so I gave it a try. At first, I was very disappointed- I smelled nothing of the heady, sophisticated white florals of the original. After it settled down, it developed the most delicious creaminess that for all the world smells like vanilla, though no vanilla is listed in its notes. The white florals also peeked through, creating an overall warm, flowery, and lovely scent which I must say I like just as much as the original!

Malegria
Malegria

I just simply don`t care for this one...God knows I tried. But I can`t. Fruity, flowery, boring.May be a scent for a bridesmaid - no sex and no romance.Should not be tied to Amarige and have a different name, but to think of that - probably wouldn`t sell for such a price then.Love the bottle though.

If you don't like orientals, you won't like this one. It's very like Samsara. Sweet orange, sweet light sandalwood and vanilla predominate and end this fragrance. It's lovely, but it's also layered and can be heavy on the wrong chemistry.

PR
PR

I like it more than original Amarige.It is softer , warmer, a bit of sweeter, though not sweet, and with a dash of spiceness, not bad, not bad, but dry dow is a bit too much on the sour side for me.

Luciana
Luciana

odio a este perfume!!! es totalmente comun, no es especial, parece la fragancia barata de un desodorante

klonk
klonk

I finally got the chance to smell this today (I got curious after reading coco76's review ;-)! And I have to say: I was VERY surprised...! It has much more fruity notes than I ever expected! That's why I at first thought that this is not my kind of perfume. At the beginning it is really fresh with some sweet (I find it a bit candy-like) notes. Then, after 10 minutes or so I get the magnolia (wow!) and jasmine notes. About the same time the patchouli, which I really LOVE, comes around. The best part is when the woody notes come to my nose... This is really an unusual, beautifully blended and romantic scent!

dolita
dolita

attractive and sexy you will never get bored of it but very expensive

Abosolutely Horrible. Cant get past the initial smell of the perfume, that I have to wash it off straight away. I loved the original Amarige, I wore it on my wedding day, but this one just doesnt compare at all.

Abbas
Abbas

A very sexy and lovly scent for her, appealing notes that attracts and attracts......

coco76
coco76

oh my god, i got a sample of this free when i ordered a mini from someone on ebay....i absolutely LOVE this fragrance. The only problem is I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE..and by that i mean anywhere within shipping range to Canada that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg. any suggestions? this is another one that should be used sparingly and goes a long way.

jeca
jeca

This scent is very different from the original. One of the modern tutty fruty perfumes.
A new limited edition, Amarige ylang-ylang is also modern, but it belongs to Amarige family. But this doesn't.

2007

Amarige Mariage by Givenchy 3.88 out of 5 based on 513 ratings and 87 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Amarige Mariage fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Amarige Mariage, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amarige Mariage by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amarige Mariage by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.