Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women
dislike

I have it: 1613 I had it: 990 I want it: 1300 My signature: 74

Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Videos
Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Givenchy for women Pictures

The dualistic nature of Ange ou Demon ("Angel or Devil") reveals new feelings, allures with its mystery and versatility, scandalizes and seduces. The strong charismatic oriental composition is innocently crystal and sensual at the same time.
Sweet freshness of the top notes of mandarin, white cumin and saffron opens the way to the opulent floral heart: the strong lily note in alliance with casual notes of Maxillaria orchid and exotic ylang-ylang. The trace is dominated by two woodsy notes: creamy rosewood and dense oak moss absolute, while the powdery and sensual Tonka and vanilla end the composition.

The fragrance was created by Jean-Pierre Bethouart and Olivier Cresp in 2006. (Please note: in come countries, this fragrance is marketed under the name "Ange ou Etrange" ["Angel or Curious Case"]).

Mandarin Orange Saffron Thyme

Givenchy Harvest 2010 Ange Ou Demon Jasmin Sambac

Ange ou Demon Fragrance Reviews

songarii
songarii

this perfume rock!! i love the the drydown one. the opening is a little bit strange but not in a bad way. i just never smell it before. so diferrent. but seriously, it smell heavenly. so provocating,sexy yet calming.
and also, i smell vanilla.. spicy vanilla that reminds me of a ginger baked cookie. so warming. perhaps it was what they called angel side.
and then saffron came up with floral notes that were dark and chic. that what makes this perfume called demon.

i cant help but sniffing my wrist the whole time. it was so gorgeous. its perfect for night occasion. but i also wear it daytime. it was just addicting. the best perfume for every woman who want to stand out and dare to be the spot.

mllekuz

Spicy, loud, stop-in-your-tracks dead sexy. Not much longevity, but definitely a head-turner. Very similar to many other "luxe" perfumes on the market and doesn't really have anything that separates it from the others. Still a good one if you have the courage to rock it.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

Wow! Impulse purchase and definitely worth it. I decided to go for it when I read similar to Thierry Mugler Alien but not as strong and that is spot on description when describing how this smells with my skin chemistry. A lovely subtle balsamic vanilla fragrance. Exactly what I wanted. Dior's original poison works well with my chemistry and this fragrance is the little sister of this and Hypnotic Poison. Lovely daytime fragrance for these Autumn months.

villey91
villey91

Tried it today on my hand while shopping. I was planning to buy it after I read about the notes but after I tested it I changed my mind. The opening was horrible in my opinion. I'm not sure if it was the cumin or saffron, but there was something that smelled like cat pee or old sweat. Something stinging. And unfortunately the opening was the loudest part and it stank the worst for me.
I just didn't know what the floral notes were going to smell like.
Dissapointed. But if someone likes the floral notes in this, Go for it ! And I love ylang and lily so I guess the worst for me must be the saffron.
Advice: do not blind buy it. And do not buy it because you like tonka or vanilla. That's me. I wish it was more like the original Dior Addict but Oh no... :(

aveilhe
aveilhe

Ange ou Demon is like a less LOUD version of TM's Alien. They are not exactly the same, to be sure, but the vibe is similar: a potent woody-sweet-floral with a gorgeous, sultry, powdery dry-down. It's crazy good, and if you like Alien but find it too overpowering, give this a go!

shivabglr

This baby, it's like a sweeter and woodier Alien,
or to be more exact, very similar to Alien Essence Abslue,

oh my gosh how they came up with this formula I have no idea, I just believe the perfumers are geniuses,

it's woody, floral and sweet, but the best part is it's very well mixed and put together and really feels like a whole, you can't say exactly what it smells like,

also it wasn't easy for me to detect the notes,
at first I thought I was smelling jasmine, then I thought maybe it's orange blossom, then the woody layers came up and it was like the most luxurious woody yummy thing I'd ever smelled,

I see the saffron as the leading note, the irony is I wasn't detecting any, and that's while I've smelled real saffron so many times in my life and we use it in cooking very often,

anyway, this is one of the best perfumes in the world, and I think it can be unisex too

♡♡♡♡♡

mllekuz

Strong, spicy, headache inducing. Poor longevity, on my skin anyway. Personally, I would rather smell this on a man, despite it being a women's fragrance.

polkadot27

I will start off by saying most of my fragrances are 100 ml or 50 ml bottles. But with this one for some reason I felt the need to opt for the 30 ml. This is because I believe this fragrance should never be abused by being over used. This scent is thick, black, oily and textured. It is a very overwhelming, consuming powerful scent. The right mood, the right mindset, the current life experiences will all determine whether or not you can appreciate this scent. This scent is not for those faint hearted innocent trusting ladies. This scent was made for the woman who conceals her emotions, her vulnerabilities and has wisdom beyond her years. She perhaps has had to deal and overcome a lot of hardship, she hasn’t had the time to be innocent and trusting and vulnerable, it just wasn’t an option for her. This fragrance is for the strong independent woman who has had no other option other than to ‘front it out’. She is fierce; she perhaps has not yet had the opportunities for romance and the beauty it can bring. She is a dark character; she can read you like a book. Suspicion and mistrust is her nature. She does not participate in small talk and social interaction much, if at all. Although she is not petty or vindictive, she can see you weaknesses but has no need to exploit them, she is above that, your insecurities and vulnerabilities are merely trivial compared to hers. She knows this. She is magnetic, but it is sort of attraction and repulsion simultaneously, men can smell danger on her. Fellow women mock her and don’t accept her, yet secretly respect her and wonder how she does it. This makes her smile- she knows they will never know. She has that something about her, yet her soul feels tarnished. She feels stained by life and that she is missing out on the nature and beauty it can bring. She wants to feel liberated. She wants to let her guard down, but she needs a man of steel in order to do so. She knows she is hard work, but she knows she has a lot to offer and is very aware of her own self worth. Sometimes she feels sad; she wishes she were one of those innocent, chatty, carefree girls. But she isn’t and she never will be. She wishes for a man to see her for who she is, she wishes for him to see deep inside her soul, just like she so easily does his. She wishes for once to no longer have to conceal all of those vulnerabilities she has been doing so for years. She wishes to be understood and accepted the way she believes human beings should. She knows with experience, knowledge and wisdom, Also comes loneliness, emptiness and acute awareness of unfairness.
This perfume is dark, but by know means evil, it is simply wise, those of us who are wise are rarely naïve and innocent and this one doesn't waste time playing innocent.

I can understand why a lot of people are offended by this perfume and feel the need to instantly wash it off. This fragrance surfaces and exposes your own demons. Nobody else’s. Just yours. & I suppose a lot of people are uncomfortable and intimidated by that.

P.S. Slightly dark review, I know. I needed to try and capture who I believe this fragrance was made for; Fragrance does reflect personality after all. Of course all reviews are subjective. This perfume has a profound effect on me. I find it rather compelling and telling. I reach for it only occasionally, but when I do I embrace it and my skin pores consume it, in all of its deep, dark glory.

Miruna
Miruna

I hate it.Definitely not for me. I'm into candy/caramel-sweet, not heavy-sickly sweet.This is way too dark, winter and night only, IMO
On the plus side: it really lasts a lot.

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

Ange Ou Demon is on my list of fragrances that I need to re-purchase. I simply adore this fragrance and I find it so fantastically sexy and dark. I've always been a big believer that you should always embrace your dark side and I think with a perfume to assist you on that journey it's all the better for you and I think Ange Ou Demon is one of those fragrances- at least in my case anyway.

Ange Ou Demon or at least Angel or Demon on my skin is all Demon. 100% Demon, 100% Evil, 100% Sexy. There is nothing angelic, kind or polite about this scent on me and I love it for that. The first blast on my skin is a loud, spicy and obnoxiously strong saffron note and then the saffron is quickly covered and immersed with a sweet-sexy vanilla which gives the scent sweetness and the Tonka Bean takes this up a few more notches adding warmth and sensuality to the way it wears on my skin. I don't get the floral component which is fine with me because after a few hours I get that beautiful rosewood which steps in and sort of offers itself up to massaged by the vanilla note- it's a very sexy combination. I love the way it smells on me.

Overall this is a very dark and quite heavy fragrance, whilst it doesn't last very long for me it certainly packs a punch for the few hours that it does wear on me. I think if the lasting power was better I'd probably rush out and purchase another bottle but because it doesn't last more than 4 hours I do feel a bit of reluctance, however though i'll still keep it on my list of scents to go out and re-purchase

gloom
gloom

this is a bit dark daring and different fragrance
the top notes are quite nice bold and mysterious
it starts sweet and creamy deep warm woody smoky like dark blue velvet
followed by some warm spicy and sweet floral notes
the drydown change into dry wood and airy babypowder smell wich is a bit masculline

mysterious scent not for everyone

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

Ange ou Demon translates to "Angel or Demon" and is aptly named. It begins with an angelically soft powdery vanilla floral so gentle and lovely I can feel the angel's feathery wings brush across my entire being, enrapturing my senses, taking me up, when suddenly, something horrifying takes place. A nameless note comes raging in; stabbing, piercing, slaughtering the angel in an epic battle of good verses evil... and conquers. It kills my beautiful angel in the most gruesome slaying, leaving me frightened, angry, sad and depressed.

I do not recognize the note as anything in the ingredients above, but find it so sharp it is disturbing, anxiety inducing, creepy. The best I can describe The Evil Note is a mix of the most volatile rubbing alcohol mixed with acetone and strong pesticide. That one note is heavily chemical; pesticidal. It smells toxic, like something common sense tells us not to inhale, and doesn't stop there. As that note remains throughout the entire hellish experience, the dry down is like a demon's joke leaving a horrid sweaty, body odor smell for added sadistic measure. A fitting bottle would be a skull and cross bones with angel wings for the top.

This fragrance is a demon (on me). It literally makes me feel panicked to scrub it off and my personal rule is to never scrub. "Ride with it, Baby. It will arrive." I tried to ride with you, Ange ou Demon. No thank you. Go back to hell.

This is a sad and disappointing review for and from me. I rarely meet an Oriental frag I do not like. Even if not my cup o' tea I can still appreciate combinations of notes and well executed overall blends. I can and do wear some of the loudest, brashest, most controversial of fragrances but paid too much for this olfactory nightmare. I feel angry with this.. this powdered slaughter sword. It has the loudest, wrongest (deliberate misspell) note in the angelic choir deliberately sung to annoy and piss off. I adore a certain form of weird and witchy but I smell something truly ugly and ominous along with a terribly off-putting body odor stench in this stuff.

Dear Givenchy, WHY? It is honestly the sharpest note/odor/grotesque.. something.. I have ever detected in a perfume and am still beside myself with a case of "WTH?!"
(This review is for brand new bottle of edp exactly like photo above.)

SRose
SRose

Well how daft can you get! Got a sample of this and absolutely loved it to the extend that I ordered a bottle. Sprayed it on liberally - yuk. For a moment I thought it had gone off, it really didn't smell like the sample at all. I know I'd ordered the EDP and the sample I had was EDT but couldn't believe it could be so different. A bit of detective work later and it appears that the sample I had was Ange ou Demon Tendre in the blue bottle. Apparently the Tendre one is the EDT version. Wish someone had made that clear - tho I should have smelt before I bought so that'll teach me! This particular version (EDP) isn't for me but the Tendre is gorgeous...

maremaree
maremaree

I HAVE THIS PERFUME. THIS IS WALKING SEX. It is aprodisyac and such a sexy smell. I wear it Only on night. Not a day perfume at all.. extremely loooong lasting

gaz525

Also I have noticed that some bottles the juice is clear and some it is tinged a bit yellow.my bottle is the original blue bottle but the juice is a little bit yellow,its smells absolutely fine and isn't off so was just wondering if anyone can shed any light on why this is

gaz525

So i have worn this a few times now,whilst I absolutely love the scent it only seems to project for the first hour and then just becomes a really close to the skin scent.I love it,but thats the only downfall and for the price and the fact it's du parfum I'd expect abit more projection.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

I feel this is the more versatile sister of Dior Addict (in spirit). Anyone that's a huge fan of the loud boozy vanilla classics Hypnotic Poison, Dior Addict, Classique or Alien should look into wearing this if they work in an office (usually that distinction is reserved for YSL Cinema but I think there's a monopoly no longer). The powder note is fairly prominent but not as engrossing as Classique, L'Heure Bleu or Dior Addict.

I'm quite impressed. A high quality stunner that you can get away with. ;)

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

This stuff is potent...a little goes a long way...I learned this the hard way! LOL You can easily be consumed by a cloud of this scent if you are not careful. As someone else mentioned, this reminds me of hypnotic poison in a way...I would describe it as a warm powdery scent.
PS I should mention that I really like this scent alot-the drydown on me is just lovely and it loses its powderyness after a couple of hours.

zind
zind

I must be very comfortable with my dark side if there's a devil in this. I don't find it very angelic either. However, I do find it very balanced, and it makes sense to me that this somehow fits and represents someone who has indeed been through a spiritual journey and has "found themselves", someone who's not afraid of their own shadow. It's a little bit mystical, but also sensual, warm and comforting.

I agree that it has some of the same qualities as hypnotic poison, which I love but can not wear because it's my sister's signature scent (I feel that perfume can be pretty personal and I'd feel totally weird using the same one as someone in my closest circle).

I usually prefer the drydown, but I absolutely love the opening of this one. I wish it could last and I'm a little disappointed when some of it's uniqueness disappear. But, no matter what, it's one of the most beautiful fragrances I've come across and this will probably end up as my new signature. I've been without a proper signature scent for many years now, because I hardly ever find perfumes that I LOVE. But this is it! Mmmm... thank you Givenchy! Thank you Jean-Pierre Bethouart and Olivier Cresp!

jdawg
jdawg

I am a guy and I LOVE it! One of my mom's favourite! Two spray on her neck and sticks with her for a whole day.

NoireFox
NoireFox

I swear that I smell violets in this (which I love and adore). On me it smells like Palmer's Violets candy and saffron. The only down-side with this one is that it smells a little soapy in the dry down. Equally nice on a man or a woman imo.

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

Not bad but too mature for me!! It's a strong perfume for a strong woman.
I can see my mother wearing this.

mademoiselle04
mademoiselle04

I love this perfume. Very addictive, seductive, exotic and powerful. It lasts for a long time and has a great sillage. I consider it a night scent, but I also use it for special occasions during the day, fall and winter. A lot of compliments with this one, from men and women.

Juliana6
Juliana6

This can be both -angel and devil, and I think it depends on your skin chemistry, on your mood, on so many little things which one will appear from that beautiful, smoky bottle.
The first time I tried it, it made me sneeze, I said to myself- oh, no, never! It was too much pepper, too much of something warm and strong. But still... I had placed the paper strip I had sprayed it on in my planner as a bookmark. The scent was tempting me, changing all the time, calling me and inviting to try it one more time. I surrendered, I tried it on my skin, on my scarf and I couldn't get this scent out of my mind. Now I have it. Deep, mysterious, incredibly changing from spicy to woody, from sensual, earthy balsamic to sweet, mild vanilla. If I was a man, I couldn't resist to a woman wearing this. Please, give it some time, let it develop and don't judge just by the first sniff.
Powerful, strong and extremely expensive smelling. An angel with the demon's power. A demon with the angel's heart.

Inamorata
Inamorata

My first “date” with this fragrance was one day, at the bank, when I was waiting in line. All of a sudden, I sensed a divine fragrance floating in the air. Then, the perfume amplified its aroma as a fan and embeded in my mind. It was like an obsesive aroma, and, in the end, I left the line and approached the lady and asked her what she was wearing because her perfume was absolutely mesmerizing. It was Ange Ou Demon – very, very seductive perfume. It is, indeed, a fascinating, mysterious, multi-facetted fragrance. It is really the kind of fragrance that you instantly want to be yours once you feel its notes. Totally magnetic. The vanilla, the creamy ylang-ylang and the tonka notes compose the Angel, while the Demon is born out of saffron and opulent lilly accords. These creat a seduction demon which eventually bursts into orchid notes. The palissander wood and oak absolute notes remain fixed to your skin and clothes. You won’t be able to take this perfume out of your head.

Sheks
Sheks

Gotthis as a gift a few years ago, for someone who doesn't like Thierry Mugler fragrances, this one is good. Very diffrent with a sweet spicy scent.

Alley - D
Alley - D

Hubby bought this for me with no idea what I'd think. He has good taste.....

I must admit, it took me a couple of goes, but I'm totally in love with it now. It's one of those scents that's for the 'big boys' - it's bold, daring and not for the faint hearted. If you wear this - you have business to take care of.

I live in a very hot climate in Australia - but I can get away with wearing it, however as this is such a gutsy smell my one concern is that it could offend some people if they 'play it safe' and wear light florals in the heat.

This is another of those fragrances that hardly changes on my skin from start to finish.

This line of Givenchy does have a very distinct note which is hard to pick however it feels very very creamy and close to my skin. Possibly saffron and ylang ylang??

Koratlover
Koratlover

I tried this perfume in a store and bought it because I liked the smell of it. However, I used it maybe something like 5 times but gave it away because there's something in this scent that I dislike. I can't explain what it really is but there's a tiny note in the end that bothers me. Maybe the vanilla, as I'm not very keen on it, though some of my other perfumes have this note and I like them all the same...

giorgio 223
giorgio 223

wonderful!!!! givenchy has done unforgettable scent!!! may be for many people it is awful or terrible, but for people who knows something in parfumery, this is masterpiece!!! really ange ou demon!!!!

Snicole82
Snicole82

I'm on the fence about this fragrance. It smells heavy and powdery. A very mature scent. Something that I won't be buying again.

I can't believe Ange ou demon le secret and this one are from the same line. Could they be more different? I love le secret version and this one I dislike.
It's spicy, strong, quite overwhelming, heavy perfume with some sweetness. I can totally see demons here - it's dark, spicy, mysterious and suitable for night time.
I guess I really don't like saffron, it's not very nice smelling thing in my opinion.

JaiTee
JaiTee

Recommended to me by an SA, but all I could smell was acetone, strangely enough!

to the review below:

it's the same stuff. as the concept "demon" isn't pleasant and is considered offensive, givenchy has launched it under the name "ange ou etrange" in some countries.

fortenoir
fortenoir

I encountered a quite strange version of this today! Does something as Givenchy Ange Ou Etrange really exist? I mean I couldn’t find it in fragrantica, which seems strange and as a surprise the bottle was absolutely green!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I don't know why I never bought this before . Probably because too many people have it , and I like to be different . I treated myself yesterday at Shoppers though. $115+tax. However, it's a classic ! Gorgeous and womanly, it's not for little girls . On my skin tonka, vanilla and orchids dominate , along with some saffron and insense . Beginning is citrusy , but not for long . Good silage and good longevity . Extremely sexy , it's elude confidence and charm . Truly beautiful , warm , charismatic , perfect for fall and winter , goes well with cashmere sweaters as the softness and warmth mingle lovely . Remembers me of a hot fireplace too, with just a bit of a burnt marshmallow scent in the middle . Becomes floral after a while ( orchid and ylang) and later some soft woods come, powdery and dry. I must admit the developing phases of this scent are quite stunning, it's incredible what a chameleon this perfume can be. If anyone dares to say this is linear, well, sorry, but that someone has to be anosmic to it's velocity and multitude of facets.
A true masterpiece , starting with the gorgeous name and bottle , and a scent that can't disappoint . Highly recommended despite its popularity !
I never thought I would give a raving review to a popular scent, but this one won me over.

crescentsho
crescentsho

It's really weird and give me headache. I try to like it but I fell something wrong with one of the notes to my skin chemistry,same felling with John Galliano EDT.

It's not 'dark', more like 'floating'. not deep,but not airy.weird.
Don't blind buying this one! The bottle is nice,so I just keep it,but the juice is no no

CozyCat
CozyCat

I empathize with reviewer below, Ange Ou Demon is one of my signatures, and to me a precious elixir, I would hate to have anyone seriously tell me that it smells stinky while I'm wearing it, and the guy that I like no less (complete with the disgusted face expression? omg rude jerk)! Then again I do understand that men (or women) who prefer the fresh/fruity/sweet scents might not be able to appreciate this scent at all. Do not worry dear reviewer, if you love this scent and want it back in your life, then go back to it, he was definitely the problem, not this perfume or you.

Here in the Middle East this scent is quite well recieved, though not as popular as scents like Hypnotic Poison, Alien, Coco Mademoiselle, Addict, J'adore, Elie Saab, or Crystal Noir, it is very much in sync with the perfume tastes of the locals (oriental, balmy, spicy, vanilla, woody fragrances), and smells just magical in our dry. dusty climate. A friend of mine had this, and she used to save it for special occasions. But for me it is a day-to-night scent, I see myself rocking AoD anywhere...everytime I wear it I feel it melding into my skin and becoming a part of me. I don't find it overpowering, sillage is moderate, and even when I spray a few extra squirts for more 'oomph', it is rich and thick without being sharp or heavy or closing up my throat (other 'dark' scents tend to do this to me, eg. Alien, original Addict and HP). It is kind of mysterious and mystical smelling, spicy, deep and balmy, yet also clean (lillies!), abit baby-powdery and lightly sweet. The opening is addictively delicious with its thick burst of rich, juicy oranges dipped in herbs and spice, this lasts a while, and then it dries down a little sweeter, more powdery and balmy, cleaner and woodsy. I'm far from being a goth girl, infact I am the total opposite almost, but it would suit goth-style beauties, like Amy Lee (Evanescense) exceptionally well, and I also see it wearing just as beautifully on women like Dita von Teese, Megan Fox or even the late Elizabeth Taylor, all of whom are pale skinned, dark-haired beauties with intense, bewitching eyes.

So far my experience with the opposite sex with this perfume has been good, I did not come across anyone who has ever found it off-putting, but I did get a compliment from my date, and my uncle who visits us often told me that it is one of the best smelling perfumes I own. The only negative aspect is that I can't really smell it after about 4-5 hours (it is my nose's problem and not the perfume), just a few days ago I was reaching for the bottle to touch up in the afternoon and my sister stopped me ('Don't spray anymore!').

lirael00
lirael00

Oh, my I would love to have this one again. My story with this perfume goes back to the time when I was 18. I fell in love with it the first time I tried it on me. It was edgy, sexual, strong and dark. I saved the money and bought one. I was wearing it on the nights out, thinking how gorgeous I smell. Wrong! One night I was in a club with I a boy that I was secretly in love with. And I felt really confident thanks to this perfume, but when we were dancing and he got closer and closer, suddenly he looked at me completely disgusted: 'What kind of a perfume are you wearing? It stinks.'
I was so schoked that I almost start crying. I felt like this perfume whom I've trusted so much betrayed me. Like the true nature of the demon part was coming out to destroy me. So after that experience I never wore it again, even though sometimes I secretly sniff on it in a drug store. But it always brings back those unpleasant memories.

Maybe now that I'm more mature I should give this one another chance. Thinking about it now, probably the boy was the wrong one and not this perfume.

AVASCONCELOS
AVASCONCELOS

PERFUME DELICIOSO, SENSUAL E BEM MARCANTE. EXCELENTE FIXAÇÃO E EXALA SUPER BEM. MEU NAMORADO ME DEU O 1º FRASCO, E AINDA O TENHO ATÉ HOJE, ELE ADORA QUANDO EU USO O ANGE..

RosemaryVesper
RosemaryVesper

Personally, I just find this a bit ordinary. I bought a bottle blind a couple of years ago and have used it a few times, but nothing special happened when I wore it. It felt like generic perfume, like that rather overwhelming sweet smell you get when you walk into a pharmacist, from all the perfume counters. In some ways I guess this could be a positive: for people who like their perfume more understated and not too challenging for the passer-by. That's probably why I wore this occasionally without qualms: it felt safe. However nowadays I prefer a perfume with a bit of daring and seek bolder, spicier notes and a scent that isn't just 'perfume'. Obviously just me though as my sister, who always smells great (she likes Angel, Be Delicious, VW Anglomania etc.) absolutely loves it and snatched the end of the bottle off of me!

matereac9
matereac9

personally, doesn't suit me, but my mum wears this and it smells amazing. it's fresh and sweet, but dark and deep at the same time. it's almost like it changes the smell to suit the mood. it has a weird psychological affect on you. sounds crazy but it's true. weird stuff. lovely scent.
unfortunately not on me.

odie
odie

Ok,this perfume is existence in a bottle, beautiful and captivating with elements that suggest lightness and dark mystery. Having said that the name "Ange ou Demond" freaked me out a bit. My mother gave it to me as a gift and because I didn't like the name, felt strange wearing it. My sister, however, likes it and took it from me saying "your loss is my gain!" Very good sillage and longevity as well. Overall a good buy

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I don't get anything decadent, provocative or goth from it, which is what I would have imagined for the "demon" bit (or have the Ange and the Demon become so well balanced they cancel each other out?). No, this fragrance is very much of this world, even if from a distant exotic location in the far east, a testament to the seductive powers of Nature. And that is good enough for me.

Amazing longevity and sillage and yes, linear, which I like. It's not going to dry down into something softer and discreet, so wear it if you are not feeling shy and if, like me, you feel this is a scent you simply cannot get enough of, because it will stick around.

blueviolet
blueviolet

aaargh why wont this last on me? I spray and go "oh nice". An hour later, still niceness. Three hours later I get a very faint drydown, not yuk, but very faint and as if some basenotes has gone missing? It is lovely...but do I splash out on something that doesn't last on me?

larita91
larita91

Wow, my new winter fragrance has just arrived...very beautiful, strong, sweet, spicy, but still feminime and classy. I think this is a more mature version of Miss Dior hinted with some spices. I'm totally in love. :)

temo
temo

I set out today to find a winter "go to" fragrance, limiting myself to no more than 3 trials. I was maybe thinking of Coco Noir? perhaps the newest Angel edition? or maybe Ange ou Demon? After trying all three and walking around for about an hour, Ange ou Demon won hands down! Beautiful!! Warm, feminine, sensual, spicy and sexy are my perceptions. Sitting here, 6 hours later, I find I'm more and more enthralled with it as the minutes pass by. What a fabulous journey! This will indeed be a lovely winter for me with Ange ou Demon on my side!

EvaMG
EvaMG

Gorgeous saffron, powdery tonka bean & orchid, quite woody due to Brazilian rosewood and mysterious oakmoss. Warm spice of white cumin and saffron.
Hipnotic, truly captivating... A sublime warm oriental.
The longevity is excellent, 6+ hours. Sillage medium-high. Probably not a day scent, but with only one or two spritz you can wear it anytime.
It's my signature. It was love at first sniff. A year will pass, (February 2012) and proved not wrong.
For me its dualistic nature makes me feel nostalgic and extremely romantic, as if listening to Anne Brun "My lover will go" while watching the rain fall outside.
Other times, it's a mystic oriental experience...

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Givenchy Ange O Demon
I grew up in my grandma’s kitchen. One of the first recipes I learned was her biscochitos, which are a traditional sugar cookie from New Mexico using anise seed, brandy, and a cinnamon-sugar topping. They are the perfect balance of sugar and spice and aren’t too sweet. My grandma made them for me often, but people usually eat them only at Christmastime. For me, this is the smell of going home to see Grandma, being totally spoiled, and eating way too many cookies.

I was reluctant to try this perfume because of the mixed reviews, but I gave it a shot since I got it for a steal and couldn’t resist any perfume from the house of Givenchy. The first hour smells exactly like my grandma’s cookies, so much so, that it warmed my heart and I felt giddy. The heart is a warm sugar and spice gourmand, but not at all sweet. This must be the “angel” part. The dry down is a cozy and dry warm wood with just a tiny hint of vanilla in the background. It’s a very intriguing scent. I can only guess that the “demon” part of this is that it’s discontinued, which is a pity. Like another reviewer mentioned, I couldn’t smell this on myself at all after the first half hour, but several people commented on how strong it was. One person got a headache. Thank God I only wore half of what I usually put on. This is a new favorite, and I’m sure I will be wearing it often, (away from the sensitive people), just because it makes me so incredibly happy. Thank you, Givenchy.

guoduguoda
guoduguoda

Strong,feminine,sweet. I wear it only at night and men go crazy then they smell it on me :) I am crazy about it too! Adore it!

Tried it today again and changed my mind - now I like it, even if it is not sweet enough for me. Shop assistant told me - 'it is controversial, but some ladies like it very much'. Well, it does not surprise me, as this fragrance is different from mainstream perfumes that flood market. For sure, you can't wear it and be invisible. This fragrance attracts attention.

plaintain1
plaintain1

Too strong for me. Makes me feel as though I'm a lady of the night!!

icecube
icecube

Very aromatic and such a beautiful fragrance.
You can tell this is a high quality fragrance.
It reminds me of a perfume I smelled a long time ago - will se if I can com up with what it could be - maybe some of my mothers fragrances I smelled as a child.

Inventress
Inventress

This is a complicated fragrance that undergoes several changes after first spray. At first, it reminds me of a heavy veil - saffron mixes with orange rind to create a spicy, very warm shawl. Saffron lasts into the middle notes and mixes with ylang for a sweet floral effect. Vanilla is noticeable throughout the composition and remains in the drydown. Despite the numerous sweet-smelling components in this perfume, I would not classify it as dominantly sweet. It is sweet, but it is more warm, spicy, vanillic, balsamic, and aromatic.

Unfortunately, I cannot like this fragrance because of its heaviness. I like it sometimes, but other times it slams the nose. This is a melancholy fragrance, comforting. It's like a furnace in the respect that it is warm, but burns if you get yourself too close.

TemptingFate
TemptingFate

I absolutely LOVE this perfume. It is one of very few that doesn't become too musky or too floral once it mixes with my skin's chemistry. I've had compliments from both males and females but men seem to be crazy about it. I find it has a very sensual feel to it, almost erotic. It reminds me of the orange blossom trees in Spain: you take a small whiff of them but then on the next smell you try to fill your nose as much as possible with it. That's what I do with this perfume, it's like it begs to be smelled.

Unfortunately this is the 3rd time in a row that I have chosen a perfume and they immediately stop making it =/ I guess it's just bad luck but I will continue to wear this one until I can no longer find it on any website.

marily
marily

I underestimate this fragrance at first,I thought it smelled like toilet cleaner but in the second snif after a couple of months I couldn't believe how I understimate this gorgeous fragrance!!!! I like it because is so unique scent,very elegant and classic!!!! It transforms differently to each skin in an absolutely unique scent and that's why I think it suits to every skin!!!!Finally it has enormous sillage and it is very long lasting!!!! You should definitely try it,it's a must have!!!!!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Sweet, balmy vanilla -- but it's never an edible or gourmand sort of vanilla. On the drier side, I think the spices really keep it from being too sweet or cloying. Very warm, a bit mysterious -- I think it's the saffron it's not a usual note and keeps the composition different enough from the usual vanillas. Great for winter nights, going out on the town. Wonderful if you like vanilla but would like something just a bit different from the rest of the vanillas out there.

Layzie
Layzie

One of my friends wears this one. I find it quite versatile. No matter the occassion, it's an intriguing floral scent that works well during the day but feels made for the evening. I love giving her a lengthy hug whenever we see each other. It's a lovely, unobtrusive fragrance.

dipisor
dipisor

My favorite fragrance of all time! On my skin smells a lot like cinnamon, don't know how... For my nose it's a combination of cinnamon, vanilla and baby powder...love love love! A truly delight! ;)

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Love the smell of this perfume, however it was not as expected.. based on color/shape of bottle I expected something more dark & edgy.

Sweet vanilla and light floral. Unfortuanately on me this is a skin scent and only lasts 3-4 hours.

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

when i wear this,i think that this is the natural smell of my skin

den1011
den1011

Opens up sharp and sweet. I definitely get vanilla and maybe saffron.

It evolves into a beautiful creamy vanilla, balmy, even a bit powdery. It softens a lot, contrary to what happens on most reviewers’ skin. After an hour and a half it becomes very soft and I get velvety vanilla and woods.

It stays really sweet throughout, vanilla being the most prominent note. And I do love vanilla in a perfume! Although, as time passes by, the Brazilian wood comes into play. It can be rather too sweet since it stays almost the same on my skin, from beginning to end. But after two hours it becomes very very soft.

I really love the smell, but it doesn’t seem to evolve much on my skin. Also, it is quite soft, despite of what most reviews say about it being strong.
On my skin, I guess the angel lies with vanilla and the demon part lies with the Brazilian wood.
It could be kind of on the masculine side, but vanilla is way too strong to allow that masculinity fully develop. The result: an intriguing scent.

On longevity, I must say that I’m really disappointed. I have to admit that my skin is perfume-eating. However, seeing here that it is listed as a very long-lasting perfume, I thought I had a chance. But it becomes very soft on me, and so it lasts about 4 hours, but after an hour and a half it becomes a skin scent.
Had it lasted longer or been more powerful on my skin, I could have labeld this one as a sexy scent.

So overall, I find it lovely:creamy, liquorish and sort of gourmand, though not food-like sweet.
But I'm not sure about getting a full bottle because of the poor longevity.
The fact that it is being discontinued makes me want it even more. How I hate it when they discontinue really good fragrances!!

ps: OMG!! It does remind me of bug spray! Lol I hadn’t thought of it until I read more than one review that claimed that. It is MUCH nicer than a bug spray, though.

Alessia C
Alessia C

I received it as a gift. It's a little strong...Most people say it has a "dark" smell to it. It also smells very clean. The aroma stays all day.

Caprice
Caprice

I call it OMG, had a strong headache. Sorry, girls..

bellahell
bellahell

I love this. Like a sweet lullaby on my skin, whilst being extremely sensual! I can not dub it as sexy however, too soft to be sexy. I get compliments from males and females alike. I do not know a single person who wears this, nor have I ever smelled it on passerby's. Definitely one of my faves. X

paggeo
paggeo

soooooooooooooo sexy and unique!!!
Strong in the beginning but after a while it smells heavenly.... Balmy.... Slightly woody but very seductive...Totally love it

polkadot27

I smell woods & Lily with a burning amber scent, it is definitely a journey scent, it is powerful and spice with a balmy intensity about it. It certainly isn't a pretty feminine perfume oh no, it is deep tense black and oily with that sweetness seeping through. This is definitely demon like the le secret is the ange! It is for the dark and mysterious woman who is serious and somber yet exotic & light all the while. It is certainly a mystery a spicy balmy intense one at that, it is the type of scent a woman should wear if she would like to keep a man guessing!

p.s. When i bought it i hated it and couldn't smell or get the feel of it, but it eventually grew on me, it grows stronger and stronger and even though the notes seem fairly simple, this is a complex fragrance with many layers it is definitely intriguing.

I agree it is for winter them cold windy nights where there is frost on the ground and a bitterness in the air, that this perfume would feel warm and inviting and in its place.

Melfrangrance
Melfrangrance

This gives me a headache, more flowery on my olive skin. I have to say my oily skin makes most perfumes smell like talc

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

I can't smell anything in particular here. Maybe a little bit of orange in the beginning, and that's it. And I'm sorry, but I really don't like it.It's suffocating and causes headaches. And like someone else has already said, it does remind of an old man's aftershave.
But I really love Givenchy fragrances....:(

Voopie
Voopie

very pleasent but an evening or maybe a winter perfume.

Lidell
Lidell

I can not add anything special, there are only two things that pop into my mind whenever I think of this scent. 1.lovely 2.caugh syrup
The second one is more dominant, it just doesn't step out of the way of further visions.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I really like this one, is probably one of my favourite. I had been testing it many times before I got my own bottle. It's very thick, dark, quite unique and modern, it is also very popular, but I don't mind.
I can smell it easily on others, but on myself? No, not really. I even thought I might have bought an old bottle, checked code - all ok, genuine and fresh. I just though - ok, it must be my skin chemistry causing it to be delicate.

Like I said - I thought, past tense!
I sprayed some on myself (3 sprays) at 8, came home for lunch, at 1:30 I added 2 more sprays... My mom said - 'did you spray some more?! It was strong befor now you are just gonna kill sonebody!'. I was shocked - I asked her if she could smell it on me, she said 'yes, it's very strong'.
My partner added - yes, you leave trails of it behind you, even on our son...

I have no idea why I just can't smell it myself...

gabi
gabi

I have to say I m sorry, I hate it. I love ange ou demon le secret, but this one reminds me of my grandfather s aftershave. Too bad!

personagrata

After time wearing it, i am now convinced that this is the lighter version of hypnotic poison,but in a more feminine way. I totally prefer this one, cause everybody wears hypnotic, i just can't get the sillage I want,even with the body lotion which only makes it last longer

sophisticated

for me, this is so similar to Alien the original and I love both

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This is a gorgeous, unique, spicy/sweet scent that dries down to a lovely vanilla/tonka. I really love it! However I just do not understand at all how people can say it lasts. To me this is one of the weakest perfumes I have ever smelled! Two to three hours and *poof*, it's gone! Makes me sad because I love it so much :( I also find sillage very minimal. So sadly, due to the price and terrible longevity, I will not purchase. But I have to say I REALLY REALLY love the smell. It's just amazing! Maybe I will just buy a decant (although I'd probably have to spray the entire decant on to get it to stay!!!)

EDIT: I purchased the parfum version and problem solved!!! It smells divine and is waaaay stronger and lasts much longer. I am soooo happy!!! Oh how I love my Ange ou Demon parfum! P.S. I also got the 2009 Harvest Fleur d'Oranger version and it is soooo gorgeous!! (I think it lasts longer than the original EDP)

peferrarine
peferrarine

Simply love it. It's chic and sexy. Really strong, just a few sprays and you're good to go. The scent remains in my clothes for DAYS. I smell white flowers, a little bit of rosewood and definitely ylang-ylang.

RZ
RZ

There is something weird about this frag, i wear it and almost immediately i ceel sexy !!!!!! Although i am mainly into aquatic unisex fragrances..... I smelled tbat at a cousin's house, one spritz on my shirt, it lasted for Weeks, everytime i open my closet its there..... I finally
decided to get one...... I used it sparingly and hubby notices Everytime !!!!!

maźka1984
maźka1984

Ange ou Demon somehow did not pay attention before until I got here as a gift of up to 100 ml.
I expected a dark and cool content for women vamp - something of which I does not equate at all.
Ange ou Demon is a unique scent, because it is neither hot nor cold. I feel especially echo forest: sweet mixes blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries in a delicate vanilla shell.. Then I think of black orchid - well known to me of Palmolive shower gel. If I feel tangerine, it is smoked and powdered than fresh. Thyme no sense, but that's okay because I do not like it, even in the kitchen. But I sense a peppery note - well known to me from Givenchy Hot Couture EDP. With the smell is very elegant and aggressive at the same time and lasts, lasts ....
Ange ou demon is for me - a typical evening scent or for the autumn - winter. Then, when you want to be remembered. Unfortunately, I do not feel an angel in AoD - only in a version of le secret.
The bottle looks pleasing.

I don't know if this is my cup of tea really, it smells linear, doesn't develop much either, it is sweet in a dry way, no oozing candiness in it, more a subtle vanilla, well done,with a soapy edge, but for me not too exciting!? It reminds me of Wish by Chopard, in the drier vanilla note. Also the scent has an overall unsex edge, on top of it.
Nice but for me, not the best.

irinalmazova
irinalmazova

sweet and sensual, beautiful, elegant, not bad scent, but if i had to choose a parfume for a night out with "a man of my life" it won't be Ange ou Demon, it is pretty and sexy, but too ordinary, just as many others have.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Very seductive, but not in an elegant way. I like the woody-vanilla base note, but I have to wait a few hours to get it. The longevity is really great. I could still smell it the day after. Unfortunately I'm not in the mood for this perfume right now.

mags
mags

i litterally get a headache when wearing this perfume. i got it as a gift and everyone around me, no matter if they like sweet or heavy scents, say it smells great but to me, it smells like urine. i got this powdery note, so it should be the ange part, but where's the demon part? is it suppose to be the srength of the perfume itself or this thing that sufficates me? it is nice when it fades a bit, but i really can't stand it at first and i really don't understand how everyone around me are attracted to this perfume when i'm wearing it, while i just feel like i'm going to vomit?

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Sweet yet elegant. It has a more mature feel to it. The first rush of sweetness dies down into a more woody, balmy, warm feel - its almost reminiscent of Chanel Allure but bolder. Its not a discrete scent and u need to be able to wear it with confidence. Its like an elegant black dress that makes everyone stop and stare at u when u walk by. It really lives up to its name...so tell me... are u an angel or a demon? =) Personally I love it!

Update - July 26th 2013

From my current collection - my hubby loves this one the most. =)

modesti.blaise.5
modesti.blaise.5

Warm and spicy, elegant, powerful, yet descrete not arrogant... lady-like, gently strong

Monica lee
Monica lee

Es tan sexy tan femenino y tan oscuro y misterioso.. me encanta ademas dura mucho tiempo 9 horas!! dejas una estela de vampiro mmm delicioso aroma

anna.023
anna.023

This is THE PERFUME for a successful night out, dress classy, expensive, look sexy and wear this and nothing can top that!

I love this in all weathers but do actually prefer it in a dark summer/fall night when you still have your tan and still can feel the warmt of a summer night.

Just a totally must have. Really suitable for "dark and mysterious woman feeling".

It's a keeper in every way!

Can add that it's a very expensive and intresting vanilla, non of that other tacky stuff. This is the real deal, mature and hot all the way!

henrieta24
henrieta24

Hello . I got this parfum from my boyfrend 2 years before - i like it so much- but I just found out the juice turned to dark
Now i have no idea it has to be or went sour

WolfszeitA
WolfszeitA

THIS is sex in a bottle. Strong but feminine, powerful but still soft, sweet in a dark way, rich and powdery. It is complex, multifaceted, amazing.
Successfully replaced HP for me. Way to go, Givenchy.

brain-ish
brain-ish

After initial shock you get from the sweetness it's...charming. Not that it'd change, but it's you who got addicted to it. Moreover, it stays unspoilt (unlike some other sweet fragrances)until the very end. And that won't come soon, because both sillage and longevity should be excellent.

Janice1980
Janice1980

Hypnotic and amazing! Can't stop smelling my skin. A very intriguing buy xoxo

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

No demon to be found anywhere on my skin. Came out rather linear on my skin. Will have to try again, but the only memory sticking out to my nose was loads of sweetness.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

It's very interesting with the prominent saffran note, and the mandarine juicyness in the background with the warmth of vanilla hugging the lily and Ylang-Ylang notes. But it simply disappears from my skin within 2 hours. Unbelievable! My skin usually holds fragrance very well - most scents last at least 7 hours on me.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

this is a mysterious almost bewitching scent, you will definitely get noticed when wearing this gem, this perfume is both soft, yet daring, dark and mysterious, and belongs in any woman's collection.

marlamk
marlamk

I purchased the silky drops perfume for Ange Demon off of ebay, blindly. I'm a fan of 'le secret' and hoped they would be similiar. They are not. Describing this as 'charismaticly oriental' is a beautiful turn of words. It is dark, heady, sweet, and lushly full. I do yhink of dark rooms of sensual pleasure, mature dark haired women, and middle. Eastern foods. Yes, I smell the three layers and each note individually, but as a whole is a medium oriental....a new style of perfume that I'm trying. Am I a boudoir rumpled angel? Am I a strong corporate demon? Where does this perfume fit? Hot & sunny bee filled orchards, or cold nights with slippers & books? I dont know.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Ok. This is an unusual scent to be liked by me, as it's very sweet, floral and heavy. However I can appreciate when something is done right. It is something I would not wear every day, or every night.

It starts sweet, flowery, a little bit old fashioned. It's strong, it's not even femminine - it's full on womanly. Not in Chanel no5 sense.
I love the drydown, I get my beloved rosewood/oakmoss, it does take a while to get to it though. The bottle is just beautiful.

Now I have a different take on the angel vs demon theme. I think the lily, vanilla and orchid, saffron actually most of the composition is quite sweet and made out of sweet,fragile components. However they all all escalated to a truly demonic level!

I must say the name and the marketing for this fragrance made me curious and all of it really appeals to me. I want to be taken to the dark side, ha! It's not for everybody and it's not for the faint hearted!
(10)

charmedbella
charmedbella

I'm surprised there are so many "dislikes"! I absolutely love this scent. It's sexy, but sweet enough for Ange Ou Demon to be considered cheeky. I suppose the sweetness could be a little overpowering (I find Angel and Alien waaay too sweet). It's very sensual, exotic, and a little too much.

A lot of people classify this as a winter scent, but when I purchased my second bottle it was June 2011 and hot as hell in South Carolina, so I associate the spicy sweetness of this scent with humid, boiling, Southern summer days.

I've almost finished my second bottle and will likely purchase a third later this year. It's a fragrance I like to always have on hand for special nights.

somethingbrighter
somethingbrighter

I thought I'd like this from some of the comments mentioning spice and incense, but it's too floral and too headily sweet for me, in the same way that Hypnotic Poison feels cloying and artificial.

Whit
Whit

Well first off, I'm not a huge fan of Givenchy, but this one is really great. The opening on me starts off kinda fresh, almost like a baby wipe smell which makes me second guess it. Then it develops into this amplified, dark, sweet aroma out of nowhere. Awesome! I can really dig a frag that changes like that; I just think it's so cool!I can understand where they got the name for this; the beginning is angelic and innocent, but then it becomes darker as it develops on the skin, hence the "demon" part. I wore it to work and got 8+hours of longevity out of it, so yeah, I'm impressed. Sillage is moderate which is fine with me. This is an awesome chameleon-like scent that's great for the cooler temps.

MintyBobbins
MintyBobbins

This is my husband's choice. I like it a lot, but it is too sweet, sometimes I feel a little bit overwhelmed when I wore it, like someone said before, we have to be careful with this jewel, Ange ou démon is gorgeous, exotic, woody, warm, really noticeable..this a perfume for wearing in the night, when you want to be the center of attention. But oh what the hell!! he thinks it is really sexy.. o.o so, I would use it just for him..jaja

goldiloks
goldiloks

I do love this perfume, it is distinct and instantly recognisable. However, to me it is not a mood lifter. It makes me anxious to smell it, which sounds really odd I know. I tend to reach for it only when in a positive and energetic mood. It is a no no scent for me, if I'm feeling a little tired, melancholy or unwell. Perhaps there is something I smell in there which takes me back to a stressful time in my past, I can't place it... But this frag if a definate mood shifter for me, and only works if I am in a positive frame of mind :)
The power if scent eh! Gotta love it.

Spangle

I just want to add that I've tried this perfume again today and my boyfriend said "Wow you smell nice what's that?" he's never done that before and I've had on a lot of other more expensive perfumes that I thought were obviously better!.... just goes to show how everyones tastes are different I suppose!

Why did I get this?
I must have read a few reviews that played up the warm vanilla and I think someone mentioned licorice, which is currenrly my favourite note...

It's nice.

It's nicer than maaaany floral perfumes I've tried. It's just that it's mainly and it's TOO floral...
I like oriental. It's just in a lower league compared to my usual tastes of Flowerbomb, Angel, Lolita, and Magnetism... it's all individual tastes and styles I suppose!

I definitely see the appeal because it does have a nice warm, light spicy floral scent for people who *like* that but *don't* want people to really notice their perfume like a kick in the face (or a massive squeezy bear hug, to be nicer)... but for someone who likes perfumes to be verrrrry noticeable and "look at me" it's not my usual thing... maybe when in another few years. I think it's too sophisticated for me! I'm 25 and probably look around 19 and I I feel too young for this anyway.

I would wear this to interviews maybe, as it seems fitting for serious occasions!

nora elia
nora elia

I have this perfume since it came out. I did not like a lot but now, I tried it again and I love it, I must warn you go easy with it, it has a strong smell of inciense.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

Came across this when I fell for the desing of the bottle on the shelf. After a tester spray I knew I just had to have it. Strong yet feminine fragrance with lovely vanila base notes with woody florals. Oriental yes but not overpowering. The scents last for hours and hours so a little goes a long way. Will certainly be investing in another bottle at some point. I usually only wear sweet smells but this fragrance is very grown up yet has a very subtle sweetness about it.

Addicted2byzance
Addicted2byzance

I usually test perfume on a test pallet which I take home and smell on for days, waiting for it to grow..But this didn't have to wait. You see the lady offered this test pallet as she randomly passed over pallets from the choices I made. Oh my God! from the first sniff I was waoooooed...I can't begin to imagine how the scent will be after a few days, the one on the paper...am sure I will be caught under its spell...too late I have bought it, so there's no turning back and am not returning it, It's a must have that I didn't see coming..Welcome to my list of perfume family

julieanneh
julieanneh

On my skin it doesn't have a good projection at all. Sits very close to the skin and lasts maybe 4 hours. Why does my skin eat a lot of perfumes for breakfast:(. Maybe this is why I am a lover of Powerhouse perfumes...not just because its strong its got to be good too. Not one I will buy.... think it smells divine though.....just needs to be stronger for my hungry skin.

RedLady
RedLady

Upon the first sprays, I get a BLAST of orange. I didn't think I would like orange notes but I love it in this.
It starts off really powerful and sharp but settles within the hour to reveal a creamy soft floral vanilla and powder. So we have a harsh opening and a softer, more sophisticated dry down.
I think its got good longevity cos its already starting to cling to my clothes.
Whilst I like this, I don't love it and I wouldn't say it was worth what I paid, which is regrettable.
Without the mandarin orange, I think this would be a very generic fragrance.

I intend to wear it for a full day at uni tomorrow so maybe ill update.

EDIT: Right, I've worn this every day all week to give it a fairer shot.
Still getting that orange explosion when first applying it, which is nice.
Then it gets really spicy, which I didn't quite notice when I first used it. A very warm spicyness.
I can now understand the point of its name - I really cant tell if its angelic or demonic. The perfume itself cant seem to decide either. Is it a good girl or bad girl?
Sadly, I think this is my least favourite of all my scents. So many people here have raved about how strong it is but I don't get that at all, the sillage is weak on me and sticks far too close to the skin. And whilst the longevity isnt BAD, I have other scents that last 10 hours! So in comparison this is rather tame.
Not inspired, I'm afraid.

BlueJayWay
BlueJayWay

It's s the perfect "night out" perfum. Is good to be used at day too, but no everyday because it becomes boring. Anyway, is the best.perfum I ever had! Love it so much!!!!

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Unfortunately paints an olfactory impression of sweet putrefaction --not unlike Tom Ford's Black Orchid, which I also can't stand.

Both possess a dark, earthy accord beneath lighter top notes that gives off an unmistakable sense of slow, inner decay. Whereas Black Orchid at least offers an interesting contrast between its bright, almost metholated opening of patchouli and its oppressively heavy basenotes of black truffle and chocolate, AoD starts off with a flatly sweet vanilla-saffron punch that dies down to an even flatter combination of incense and limpid white florals. Overall impression: funeral parlor and too-ripe banana.

Tenacious strength and longevity.

lilyofthepally
lilyofthepally

The spice in this was too overpowering for me. It does strike me as a dark scent, something with a mysterious air to it, but I would not be able to wear this unless it were layered with something to counter the spice.

Of course, of all the fragrances I had the pleasure of trying on my latest trip to the mall, this was the only one DH liked, and the only one I couldn't stand! Go figure. Though, he claimed it smelled like gummy fruit snacks. Sigh... men.

ice_storm
ice_storm

I'm still in awe for this soul-matching perfume... At first I was totally taken back by its name. "Such a cliche!", I thought... but oh, the name couldn't be more precise about the perfume's nature! At first, it's rather light on me, mostly angelic and very creamy. Also, I feel soemthing 'lurking' within, a layer, a touch of mystery... later on, I can't really tell what it is. The drydown, however, is purely decadent on me! it's more like powdery and at the same time with an incense hint... I love it enormously!! It's confusing me in such a delightful way - I can never tell whether it's light or dark, sweet or bitter, 'good' or 'evil'! It does make me feel very seductive, one-of-a-kind, sophisticated and free to be whoever I want to be!

miss mills
miss mills

There seem to be really divided opinions on this one. I am a lover of it, for my 2c worth...I don't like Thierry Mugler's Angel at all, find it nauseatingly sweet, so am surprised to like this one as it definitely is in a similar camp (not just because of the name) as TM's Angel. But the herbaceous notes save this from death by sugar. And I love vanilla, so that was always gonna be fine here - I do get a juxtaposition of moods from this frag, a push/pull effect, the angel/demon thing is at work but IMHO could use a little more of the devil ;-) It's perhaps just a 'fraction' too sweet...but it settles well on my skin's chemistry; good for winter nights on the town...

Perfumegoddess23
Perfumegoddess23

Had the lotion & shower gel & they were my fave in my beauty regime, I never owned the perfume yet I am dying to, not really sure why I just stuck with the body veil & shower gel but I am for sure going to get my hands on this black beauty real fast!

gabriel.villa
gabriel.villa

This perfume is, basically, a perfume to be in love with.

It's dark and crystalline; it's strong and soft; it's ange and démon. I really love the oppositions in this perfume and I can feel two different people when I wear it. Besides it's elegant, sophisticated and delicated, all at the same time.

The scent opens with some strong saffron and mandarin orange, which may seem to be a little bit masculine and the démon side of the fragrance. Later, when it dries on the skin, the flowers begin to appear, the orchid giving the perfume its first creamy qualities and the delicated lily showing where ange is supposed to be. Besides the ylang-ylang takes the fragrance to a high level of sweetness and it makes it really aphrodisiac. The sensuality in this part of the perfume is unbelievable. Finishing, vanilla and tonka bean leave the perfume really creamy and mixing ange and démon in a very hypnotic way. And through its notes, we can sometimes fell some smoky aroma or a vibe of incense, which makes Ange ou démon still more sexy, mysterious and obscure.

Its longevity is just amazing, it seems I'm always wearing this perfume, if I wear it some night, I'll have to take many showers and use many perfumes to not smell it anymore. I think even after 24 hours, 36 hours, 48 hours I still can smell it on my neck. And the projection is enormous as well. If you want to be noticed, try to use Ange ou démon, but be sure to use it at night; it's sexy, mysterious and obscure, as mentioned before, so for that reason it really fits better at night.

What do you want to be tonight? Ange? Démon? Or both? Spray it on and you are ready to discover it.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Had the fortune to smell this for the first time today, it is stunning. Wonderful fragrance from Givenchy, yum!!!

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

I tested this for the third time yesterday. While it is a very woody fragrance, dry and a bit stale, I get a big sweetness but instead of vanilla I get something like cherry(?).. Overall I like it a lot as a winter fragrance, definitely for the cooler months. It is heavy and the sillage is great. I think that it is aimed towards a more mature crowd, as it is not a girly scent.

enciklopedik
enciklopedik

Best perfume ever!!!

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

Interesting concept and the imagery is fascinating. I have definitely never smelled something like this before!!
I tried it a couple of times and I have horrible experiences with it; it's a scrubber. The saffron smells like immature teenagers high on grass and for this reason it repels me totally. I also detect some incense. This is so overwhelming and disgusting.

boroboro
boroboro

Tried this on my arms. I can only smell incense. :(((
The incense smell just stay there, didn't develop into anything pleasant

KittyBaditty
KittyBaditty

I love the darkness of this fragrance - the vanilla and tonka bean are outweighed to my nose by the darker, deeper woods. I definitely get the ylang-ylang (I thought it was neroli - shows what I know!), which is delicious. Men I know are very vocal about not liking this one, though.

DaniellaCaramella
DaniellaCaramella

I love, love, LOVE this fragrance. Very creamy, warm, silky, sultry fragrance that reminds me a lot of the sweet vanilla drydown in Guerlain Samsara. I am LOVING THIS and I can't stop sniffing my skin. My husband LOVES it.

EDIT - I may have committed a Cardinal Sin, having decided to wear this to the office today....i'll report back. Hopefully, I didn't blow my coworkers' noses to Hell, considering this is a very thick enveloping scent...

EDIT2 - It's now closing on the end of the day and I can still smell this wonderful scent some 8 hours later...and this is on my wrists, not my clothes where perfumes tend to linger longer. And I didn't notice any grimacing while I walked past so this one can ALSO be worn during the day, as well...but I do think it's better suited for a sexy cool night on the town.

DIXIAO
DIXIAO

The only perfume that I used everyday for months, absolutely love it. Woody but not masculine, classy but not too mature, good lasting on me as well. Finished 2 bottles, still want to buy the 3rd one.

Takhaet
Takhaet

It took me a while to love this one and to write a constructive review.

This fragrance is extremely modern and very well balanced- I am impressed indeed. My skin chemistry normally kills most of perfumes but this one is different. It keeps changing, maturing and growing....to be stronger and better.

First spray is like lots of herbs like saffron and thyme on a lovely velvety base of vanilla and tonka bean. Extremely powerful for the first half an hour , maybe even longer.

Then it calms down a bit but changes completely turning into a lovely smooth scent of vanilla, orchid some oakmoss maybe ? and a touch of orange. And then at the drydown- pure vanilla with rosewood.... I think it is the strongest fragrance I own.

It definitely is an Angel & (or)Demon as it can turn from a sweet almost gourmand-like fragrance into a woody-herbal one within minutes throughout the day. There definitely is a mystery behind this perfume and its ultra sexy and feminine. I never thought I would like it because its very strong but I love it in fact<3

It has everything what I like in perfumes- sweet notes, woody notes,longevity and power<3 One of favourites definitely !

Ceylane
Ceylane

It smells weird ... I used a whole bottle and I could not understand this fragrance.

lilou
lilou

I like this perfume. I like this mix between woody notes and vanilla. It's very modern and well balanced (I was afraid of these masculine notes but the mix is good). Excellent lasting power.

sophisticated

i've come to realize and accept the fact that my chemistry with perfumes is totally different from most ppl, so the sweet smell that everybody senses is simply non-existent for me, all i get is s strong Saphron scent, woody, a bit citrusy and a hint of lilies after 2 or 3 hrs, the sillage is average to moderate but still, i get whiffs of it for hours but not necessarily the ppl passing by, it's interesting, different and i love it.

whether it turns me into "ange" or "demon", it remains a mystery and that's definitely a positive feeling ;)

Augustarina
Augustarina

When I first sprayed this on my wrist, I became aware of a very unsettling, sharp high note that caught in my throat like a strong cleaning solution. After about 10 mins it changed to a more caramel sugary scent, and then after an hour, the lilies seemed to come out.

It's not a scent that mixes at all well with my body chemistry. After 4 hours I could smell something mildly pleasant that reminded me of Colors by Benetton. But it was so mild I had to press my nose right up against my wrist.

This scent doesn't work for me at all.

Layana
Layana

I love this, its one of my favourites! You need so little and the dry down is amazing! So yummy!

First time i wasnt so keen, but its my own mistake i judged too soon and sprayed too much on in the middle of high summer heat. Trying it again made me realise what i was missing. I have also learnt that good perfumes usually bring about strong mixed reviews and so i take that as a good sign. Who wants a generic perfume that everyone just likes and it always smells the same?

latifa.aleid
latifa.aleid

Such a luxury smell, at first it may smell too strong, but wait for it to cool down, and re-smell it after 10 mins! I can't live without this perfume AMAZING.

AnnabelLee
AnnabelLee

It's a shame it doesn't work on my -oily- skin: I could only get sharp saffron and thyme notes while on paper it smelled gorgeous :(

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Simply gorgeous perfume !!

I adore it , i usually save it for weekends/special occasions , but i felt fed up tonight so put some on to cheer me up.

It smells quiet gourmand on my skin. I love the tonka bean note mixed with saffron and vanilla. Yummy.

I dont get the "darkness" here , but no matter. A very good scent regardless , it also lasts very well on me , which is becoming rare ( for me at least) with anything released after 2000!

Sexy , well made scent ....a good safe "blind buy" or gift choice.

Snuffeltje

I edited my second comment, Peachyface1.
I tried to keep it as classy as possible, wich I'm not always used to.
It is my understanding some people like it more when you just speak your mind very clear.
For me, it was the most exact and honest description I could possibly write about it.

Peachyface1
Peachyface1

A person can like or dislike certain fragances and she/he can describe her/his personal opinion in a classy way but to disqualify and discredit the fragances one doesn't like is out of the question. Ange ou demon is an absolutely delicious perfume, seductive and subjugant to the bone. I feel like a beauty queen when I use it and my daughter loves the way the young men turn to look at her when she uses it. A very attractive and joyful fragance.

Snuffeltje

I wanted to back up alot about this smelling like grandma's urine-problem-coverage, but you know, you guys are kinda right.
The discusion about a 'childish parfum' or 'old lady parfum' maybe is a bit silly....

I apologize to all the people who found me offencive, didn't mean to honestly.. :(

But I have to say; when wearing parfum, don't overdo it (like old ladies sometimes do), even if you think it smells great.
(Especially this one! :P It has a penetrating scent. You hate it or love it, just like garlic. )

Alexandre

Simply one of the best and most different fragrances launched recently. It is striking, but not intrusive, subtle but alluring ... Well exotic, sensual, reminds me of a warm summer evening, with a gentle breeze and a Brazilian flower called "Lady of the Night" ... Full of facets, as your bottle reveals ... This glass stalactite definitely "my heart sank". Fixing great.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

I agree that saying it smells "old" or "old lady" or "grandma" is offensive to older people. Like saying they smell bad. The mature/elderly women I've been around smells fantastic. They smell sofisticated and rich. So if the sofisticated and rich smell is "old lady" to some people, I'd LOVE to smell like "old lady". I don't even know what "old lady" is suppose to smell like, so why not say it with other words, so we know what we can expect from the perfume. Like "old" for example, is that dusty smelling? There are better words to use than "old", "old lady" and "grandma", 'cause most of us don't know what that smells like.

personagrata

I really cannot understand this whole discussion concerning grandma perfumes , not only about ange ou demon but in general. Didn't occur to you that maybe, I just say maybe, this perfume doesn' suit your style, skin , civilization etc? It is really offensive to talk about grandma perfumes, please just stop this story! About ange ou demon, I wore this the other day and everybody (young men especially) really got impressed about it, telling me what nice perfume this is and they tried to stay close to me just to get a sniff of it. The "grandma" perfume discussion is obviously unpolite and much like the bubble gum and silly generic, cheap perfumes that someone may think about any sweet perfume that you may wear. Just say you don't like it, it is not your style, I don't thing it's the issue here to start caracterizing people who wear this or that and to categorize perfumes to "grandma s" and "cheap silly childish"... This may go on forever and let me tell you, it doesn't not help anyone, in terms of writing a review. That's just my opinion, not for the ange ou demon, but in general. There are posts elsewhere that also make a note about this topic, but I see this going on forever anyway.

renneyg007

I know ive reviewed this before but if i was stuck on a desert island and could only take one perfume, this would be it.

putri
putri

yum! can't stop sniffin my wrist! dark, alluring..

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

TM Alien's COUSIN in my opinion

m4rtha
m4rtha

It's awesome :D

Mushana
Mushana

The battle between good and evil on my skin. Sheer genius, just at the moment where you are adjusting to the demon...the angel surfaces!

siskakak
siskakak

nice perfume but i'm allergic..

jillywoods
jillywoods

The name is perfect because it is really a complex battle of opposites -- citrus and balmy at start, underlying creamy, darkness. This is a REALLY interesting smell.

Iman Fahmy
Iman Fahmy

very rich and deep , i fell in love with it ...

vanillafreak
vanillafreak

I wanted to love this perfume, it's character is interesting, and it has some good reviews, but on my skin it smells like rice pudding. Saffron-ey rice pudding and it's kind of linear. The people around me liked it on me, but i was not impressed. Shame.

Migalex
Migalex

Here the tonka bean has an almondish scent which, together with the vanilla, gives it a character which I can see in a continuum betwwen Hypmotic poison and My insolence, with the most almond, with Ange or Demon and Juicy Couture next, cinema with less almond and ending in a perfume like l'instant magique, which seems to me to have even less almond. Adds to ange or demnon's character the saffron in the opening and I totally agree with the people who voted the dominant notes above. That spicy caracter which gradually softens and disappears is what distinguishes this one from the other ones, together with the balance between almond and vanilla. Well, to my taste, the less almond the more I like the perfume while the ones with more almond I find a bit nauseating, but that is me, because this formula seems to be quite popular these days. Well, I do love Línstant magique, do not appreciate much Cinema and Champs Elysees (which is a bit different), and profoundly dislike Ange or Demon, Hypnotic Poison and My insolence. I must say that Ange or Demon seems to be well structured, though, and longevity is quite good. It is quite a strong scent. I just do not like the scent.

Anajuli
Anajuli

I'm always changing fragances, I hardly finish a bottle... But this time I can hardly wait to buy my next one, even if the bottle I have is not finished yet... Sublime! Aaahh... :-)

Anup
Anup

First things first, I get the Ange, but where is my Demon? I know of another "Ange" fragrance that comes off more Demon than Givenchy's Ange Ou Demon. With that aside, I can understand what Givenchy was trying to accomplish with this fragrance.

Riddle me this? How do you market a floral fruity to women from the ages of 30-50? The answer is, Ange ou Demon. This fragrance while being fruity, soft and crisp also comes off as sophisticated, formal and full.

The fragrance will remain mainly ange for a majority for it's duration on the skin but
saffron and oakmoss are the key players in the transitory element from "ange" to "demon".

The floral concoction in this scent causes it (to me) to smell similar to a fresh strawberry, with powder. This is the predominant element of the fragrance so if you don't like the start you most likely wont like the end.

When the "demon" aspect kicks in (it will pop up at random times) it ends up smelling like that strawberry powder cloud except with a flowerbomb exoskeleton laid over-top of it.

I would encourage women and men of all ages to give this fragrance a try as it is very well made (as are all Givenchy products) and differentiates itself wildly even today from other mass market womens scents.

Scent:9
Longevity:8
Sillage:8.5

Thiago Alves
Thiago Alves

I smelled this this morning, and for me it's very similar to guerlain insolence, a grape scent, sweet, not my cup of tea, I expected more rs

alexanna7
alexanna7

Ange ou demon is a verry sensual perfume! The beginning is kinda of strong,the cumin makes a big entrence,but fades away after half an hour! Then it becomes a soft blend of : saffron,orchid,tonka bean and vanilla! The mandarine and the lily fades quickly but brings a nice accent to the fragrance! The moss and the wood completes nicely that fragrance! Special occasion perfume!

shinelle_b
shinelle_b

When I first put this on it was very sweet with a little citrus mixed in. I read in all the reviews that it toned down after a while, and in truth it did... but I didn't get any of the wonderful floral or vanilla that many people talked about. The sweet toned down to where it was nice and the citrus is all that stayed behind.

Do I like it, yes. But this is one of those clean smells that I'd spray in the lockeroom after an intense cardio workout. So maybe I'll get a really small thing of this for just those occastions.

xdollpartsx
xdollpartsx

It's alright, nothing special, it has a horrid sickly sweet opening then softens into a lovely orchid floral scent but it's not as exciting as it's name portrays. I wanted to like this as I am a fan of gothicky pretty things but after the many chances I've given this I wouldn't buy a bottle.

EDIT: this is a grower! I kept going back to try this, I think it is far stronger in the warmer months and very different to what others are wearing, I'm now tempted to buy a bottle

angelica_hellyna
angelica_hellyna

I was attracted to it by the name coz it means Angel of Devil. So I had it...

Bottle wise, it looks modern. With the design of liquidify in the middle, I really like it. The ombre colour from black to white just really appealing. But one thing I don't prefer was the shape. It easily slid off my hand coz it can't be grip.

Then the smell. Woaaaah! What a weird smell! I gave it away! Smelled like a mixture of Moroccan market, Marrakesh and my grandmother! Seriously! Spicy herbal type of balmy! Strangeeee!!! Huish.

I won't recommend this to any woman who used to have floral, sweet, musky perfume. You will hate your gut for buying this.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

My second review : 3 time gorgeous !!!! Sweet , aromatic and powerful . Men love it . It's mistique , one of the best !!! In my opinion this perfume and Dior Homme Intense are the most sexiest perfumes . Like !!!

cara2
cara2

this is a very nice perfume, I get the sweet vanilla, and some powder but unfortunately it dosent last at all on me , actually very few perfumes do.
( the old 80s ones like eternity, red, georgio,and the newish balenciaga do )
I also dont seem to get the dark devil, allurish bit either, it seems quite light on me and like I say dies quickly.
So, shame I wont be buying this again.
The seach for my HG perfume continues

As a saffron addict, I can tell you that I LOVE this perfume. I've had a manufacturer's sample sitting in my dresser drawer for like 5+ years. Knowing it had saffron in it, I was afraid to test it at the time because I thought the chances of loving it (and therefore needing to purchase it) were extremely high. And I needed more perfume like I needed a hole in the head.

Then they pulled it off the market. I couldn't find it anywhere. I was sad, knowing that perhaps I let a masterpiece slip through my hands. At that point I was really afraid to use my sample, knowing I would probably love it and want a bottle that I might not ever be able to get ahold of.

Now that I see Nordstrom carrying it again, I straight-up ripped open my sample and smothered the glorious liquid all over myself. It was everything I expected and more! The saffron was so heavy...I don't think I've ever smelled a fragrance with such strong saffron...and don't you know that saffron is "the most expensive spice on earth"? There's a reason. It smells and tastes marvelous beyond compare.

I smell no trace of any Angels. This stuff is definitely smoldering and seductive--clearly the work of the devil!!

The most exciting part for me is that the orchid is far more prominent than I expected--another one of my favorite notes! Saffron and orchid together make me weak in the knees! I'm turning into a pile of muck. Was it created just for me???

Will be placing my order PRONTO before this sweet baby is yanked from the product line again. I always get the smallest bottle possible when I buy perfumes, but this time I'm getting the 3.4 oz bottle!!!! <3

Sweet, strong and mysterious!

Most of all I feel the orchid note in this fragrance and it smells gorgeous!!! The lily, ylang-ylang, thyme, tonka bean and vanilla notes are also noticeable.

I like this fragrance. It's chic and seductive. But the design of its bottle is creepy(

superlicorice
superlicorice

it smells like a vampire in a cathedral

goingblonde
goingblonde

I like it aside from the fact I get a menthol type scent in the beginning --I get no vanilla ever .

A strong floral scent -mainly Orchid that for me is for special occasions or when I just want to feel special.

It is not an everyday scent for me although maybe it shoud be so I can feel special everyday!
It really lasts for me so I can use just a small amount-That's always a big plus !

noori
noori

I loved it, but sadly, only on the paper. Yesterday I also put a little of Ange ou Demon on my skin, and while I found it nice, I am also sure that I won't need a bottle of it. While on the paper I could smell the saffron-tonka combo, with some woody notes, on my skin the saffron quickly disappeared, and the scent became vanilla with a strong and bit unpleasant rubber-smell. Well, not that bad, but also nothing special, and definietly not something I want to smell on myself all day long. Maybe it is nicer on someone else's skin, but not on mine. Shame, the saffron was beautiful on the paper...

hanalilly
hanalilly

UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING. enough said.

damewolf13
damewolf13

Okay, so this is a very strong oriental, and I like most of the notes( fruits/florals/woods) in the composition, but the cumin puts me off just a bit.
At first it seems almost sinful, and you can't find the innocence of the angel, but the longer you wear it, the more you sense the sweetness behind it. It is a very interesting scent, and I believe that it could become addictive like an expensive drug.
Very strong sillage and great longevity.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

Dark and mysterious,an evening scent with contradiction,
much like it`s name.Reminds me of a gothic cathedral,a
religious house that holds many secrets,some so old,they
have been forgotten,but the essence of their sins still
hang heavy in the damp musky air.Even the bottle looks
like a gothic tower.Lilly`s seem to be the prominent flower.
They represent spring and new life,a kind of
innocence lost.The rosewood rich and opulent like the
ornately carved walls that house the structure,and hold
the souls of the past within it`s discarded relics.
Vanilla and tonkabean lend a faint sweetness to cut
some of the cold twilight,like a ray of sunlight streaming through a broken pane of stained glass.
Sensual and slightly dangerous,with an air of mystery.
I would wear this when I`m feeling introspective,or
an evening spent with artists at a cocktail party,
again contradiction....

mquintanilla
mquintanilla

I LOOOOVE THIS PERFUME. Is one of my favorites!! I like the vanilla and the woody notes..!! It has excelent silage and the staying power is excellent too. It stay all day long and smell beautyful on my skin... I receive compliment from men too.!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. I am using the third bottle...

CUPCAKEDOLL

Smells soapy, clean, mature, extremely elegant.

The name is amazing for this scent, the best way to define the sensation I have everytime I spray this on me...a supernatural fragrance, perfect for those who want compliments.

Great lasting power, I LOVE THIS

tortuga89
tortuga89

This is my number 1 perfume of all times.It tops the chanel.But am confused!The bottle I have is called ANge ou etrange!!ANd its top note is cummen!!

Necabel

@sweetgirl... hola! La vainilla me gusta mucho, varios perfumes que me encantan llevan vainilla. Lo que no me gusta es otra cosa que podría ser el haba tonka, creo esto porque en otro perfume que tampoco me gusta nada lo llevaba, a lo mejor aciertas con que no me van las especias fuertes.
Ya vemos que algunos perfumes que van genial para unas personas son terribles para otras. Te agradezco la recomendación del "Badgley Mishka" pero no sé si encontraré esto en Barcelona, no me suena haberlo visto en ninguna parte. Los ingredientes pintan bien, ahora me quedo con la curiosidad, jejeje. Un saludo :)

***

@ sweetgirl ... hello! I love vanilla, various perfumes that I love are vanilla. What I dislike is another thing that might be tonka bean, I think this because in another perfume that I do not like wearing nothing, maybe hit it with that I go strong spices.
We see that some perfumes that are great for some people are terrible for others. I appreciate the recommendation of the "Badgley Mishka" I do not know if I'll find it in Barcelona, having seen it does not sound anywhere. The ingredients look good, now I am left with the curious, lol. A greeting :)

sweetgirl

@necabel...too bad girl...its so..pretty and yummy on me...sometimes age has alot to do with it...if your in your 20's ...try this when your older..and your skin will change again...but, if your passed your 20's maybe you just can't wear heavy vanilla scents or heavy spice...if funny everything my mom used to wear...when i was young...i thought was stank...but its funny...now i like some stuff she wears...have u ever tried "BADGELY MISHKA PERFUME? try that highly recommend...its my elegant fave! let me know when u do :)

Necabel

Gran decepción. Cuando lo vi en la estantería con este nombre tan atrayente y el envase pensé que solo podía ser delicioso. Por fin probé ayer una muestra que pedí, y para mi sorpresa, solo apareció el "Demon". Huele terrible en mi piel, no encaja para nada y me da la sensación como si me hubiese puesto el perfume de otra persona. Además de hacerme sentir extraña el olor me recuerda un poco a persona muy mayor. Supongo que en otras personas y otras pieles tal vez sea un aroma buenísimo, pero yo no tengo ánimos de continuar con la muestra, he tenido suficiente con una vez, y la he regalado a otra persona dándole mi sincera opinión.

***

Great disappointment. When I saw it on the shelf with this name so attractive and I thought the package could only be delicious. Finally I tried a sample yesterday I asked for, and to my surprise, only appeared the "Demon". It smells terrible on my skin, does not fit all and makes me feel like I was wearing the perfume of another person. Besides making me feel strange smell reminds me a little too old to person. I guess in other people and other skins may be a smell great, but I have no mood to continue the show, I had enough once, and I gave to someone else by giving my honest opinion.

sweetgirl

I just ordered a big bottle 2 days ago, cause my sample mini got used up, this is very sexy, alluring, floral sweet warm saffron vanilla femme fatale scent , love this line!

malia

Ange ou demon has been in my top 5 for a long time, and i think it will stay there forever.
Today i wore it again, absolutely delighted with its delicious magical scent. I have sprayed it more then 10 hours ago, and still this fragrance is around me, making me enjoy it over and over again.
It's a very seductive and mysterious perfume.
My boyfriend loves it on me ;-)
And God, i love it too!!!

3469hobbes
3469hobbes

Tried this several times as an alternative to my adored C'est La Vie by Christian Lacroix. It is very distinctive, almost licquorice and aniseedy with a heady floral whiff to it. I really love it, but unfortunately it got very poor reviews from hubbie! However, I'll try again without telling him what it is and I'm sure he'll come round to it.

Lushylori
Lushylori

This One is a Nice Fragrance but I will admit that I was expecting this one too be more dark and Mysterious rather than so innocent.
Don't get me wrong Though,I really do enjoy this scent but I don't think the scent matches the name IMO.
One day I hope to find a scent that matches its name perfectly and thus far,That hasn't been a Reality in my world.
I would totally recommend this one though if you don't care about the scent matching the name :)

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

3 M's . a Modern Mainstream Masterpiece! One of the very few Stunning, absolutely Gorgeous, drop dead sexy, alluring, mysterious, captivating fragrances of our time.

This perfume demands your attention in the most subtle softest of ways. Instead of screaming your name, it will give you a sexy come hithered look, which will tell you more than any words she'll actually speak and it will definently tell you more than a loud belch

It starts off with a blast of Saffron, I've never smelled Saffron on it's own so I'm not sure if I'm also smelling the powder and cream instantly or if that's just the Saffron ... I then pick up what feels like the African Orange flower... but no it almost smells like the zest from an orange, then as the orange/tangerine begins to tone down the saffron is also starting to relax, leaving a slight peppery undertone ...now I can clearly smell the lilly showing her prety face..she hangs around for quite some time... I feel the total drydown takes atleast a good hour if not more... the drydown.. is a slighty saffron spiced lilly with a touch of vanilla and just a nuance of orange zest... The ylang ylang just softly sweetens the mix.. and the rosewood is detectable but very faint to my sniffer, and I'm not complaining about this one bit. The longevity is atleast a full eight hours and given how my sniffer is working that particular day... I sometimes still smell a touch the next morning

The more I smell this the more I want ... a true love affair is worth the 95 bucks a bottle

I almost forgot, there is a slight mossy feel to this.. but to those who are scared off by oak moss .... no fears! This is oakmoss in a very understated glorious way! it only adds to the beauty of this fragrance

I may have to move this up to my top 10- -15 of all time.. and who knows it might go up from there.. it's slowing inching it's way to the top :)

-edit --At the top when I explained the opening of this perfume.. I explain how the initial blast is Saffron .. and something milky creamy which I'm thinking might be the Saffron but not sure (b'cuz I've never smelled saffron alone) -- I'm now realising is the Orchid.... the part of the orchid that's actually extracted for perfume is the vanilla ..also I do believe Saffron naturally has a powdery feel. So with that said.. I now believe that initial blast of powdery creamy saffron is actually the orchid and the saffron ... ooooh such a nice touch.gwad I love this perfume!

Also I beleive it's the thyme at the top that's really making the saffron so powerful in the begining. I do feel though that this level of strength is needed at the top ... in order for it to mellow out to such a near perfect level of spicey creamy yumminess. YES ''yumminess'', this is so yummy it's almost gourmand. I ALMOST want to eat it...I'm positive it makes the opposite sex want to atleast devoure it! lol - or rather..the girl wearing it ;p

Linofrina
Linofrina

Dark, powdery and warm. Nothing interesting at the very first smell but a nice development once put on my skin. I like it, yet I cannot feel the mandarine notes :))

scud1230
scud1230

I love this perfume just cant get enough of it. I recently bought a perfume oil which was just like this - amazing last for hours. This one i keep for special nights out fantastic buy.

Cindykaul
Cindykaul

One of my favorite !
I can’t explain why, It just going so nicely in my skin, whenever I wearing this perfume , here are always attracting someone’s ( boys & girls both ) who are so curious trying to find out which perfume is , ? they comment that I’m smelling unbelievable mysterious & glamorous, seductive, sexy but definitely not the cheap way, ..well, what else can I say : “Angel of Devil, the perfect name for this gorgeous bottle”
I’m absolutely adored!! But EDP version !

atv315
atv315

This is a fine scent. I am sure most people like it and I think it would be good for early twenty year-olds but IMO it is unoriginal and smells like 100 other perfumes on the market today.

taboo2287
taboo2287

i remember the first time i wore this fragrance, i was heading out with a bunch of friends to the new gay pub in the town, everyone was whispering about the new security guy at the door and how gorgeous he was and he is sooo hard to get (even our girlfriends) ... when i was waiting in the line with my friends i noticed him, he was tall, tanned, dark hair pure arabian beauty with a gorgeous body and i was planing to not pay him any attention... when i passed by him i didn't even look at him and suddenly someone grabbed my arm in a gentle way and it was him he said: excuse me what are you wearing? i barley looked at him and said: i will tell you when we are alone!

and since then we became... Friends ;)

sofababe
sofababe

I have a mini bottle of this which came in a job lot I bought to get some other perfume (I forget which it was by now). I put it aside thinking "Oh, I'll give it a try sometime" and sort of forgot all about it. I came across it a few days ago and tried it out and Oh My Word, its amazing!! Spicy, floral and so long lasting! Its definitely angelic rather than demonic, but its one of those cute sexy gothic angels you see in animations. Mysterious and delicious, and quite possibly addictive!!

shinkku
shinkku

En mi, este perfume evoluciona hasta convertirse en algo oscuro, pero llamativo al mismo tiempo. En mi piel huele mmmm, sin embargo en la de mi hermana, no se desarrolla la misma fragancia. Es una delicia. Mi perfume favorito.

In my opinion this perfume evolves into something dark, but striking at the same time. In my skin smells incredible, but that of my sister, does not develop the same fragrance. It is a delight. My favorite perfume.

Jellybean
Jellybean

powdery and sophisticated; somewhat on the stronger side. warm and slightly spicy safron. i have smelled this one on someone and it smells great, i am yet to test it on myself.
best to describe: haute couture!
update: same as the above; so getting this!

ummzuze
ummzuze

I tested this perfume out in a department store a few months ago and fell in love. I had previously purchased samples of ange ou demon le secret and i really loved that as well.The two are quite different to each other.I would happily own both of these.I find it hard to say which one i like better, i think le secret is more for day wear and is more casual.But Ange ou demon to me is for the night, for seduction, for love. So It a thumbs up from me for sure.My only problem is the price..to be honest it is well deserved but i still wish it was a little more affordable

louritasilk
louritasilk

I'm one of those heretics who did exactly the opposite to what most people advise on these reviews: I bought Ange ou Demon blindly. I tested it on a piece of paper in a duty free, and bought it some minutes before the plane left. I do not regret it at all. This is one of the most magnificent perfumes ever! And I love it, love it, love it!

laoonatic
laoonatic

I tried this some time ago, along with other perfumes on paper and no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't like it - it wasn't a bothering smell to make me say "no, i don't like it, shoosh", but made me simply indifferent. BUT, yesterday I tried it on my skin and it blends so perfectly with it! It is indeed dark and sexy - I want it sooo bad!

Alexandre

Simplesmente um dos melhores e mais diferentes perfumes lançados recentemente que conheci. Ele é marcante, mas não invasivo, sútil mas sedutor... Bem exótico, sensual, me lembra uma noite quente de verão, com uma brisa suave e uma flor brasileira chamada "Dama da Noite"... Cheio de facetas, como seu frasco revela... Esta estalactite de vidro definitivamente "cravou no meu coração"...rss... Fixação ótima.

LaGari
LaGari

Beautiful, mysterious, exotic and sexy. This fragrance is so right, but not for everyone. Its extremely powerful too, with the saffron explosion. This one would definitely be troublesome for some.

I really get the name and the appeal though. Its sweet and playful yet serious and dark.

For me, I prefer the tender version just because it's better for a hot climate and not too over-powering. People keep suggesting I get this one instead of tender just because it's stronger and will last longer, but I'm afraid it won't work for me and my situation. I'm just imagining a busy day in college spreading the sweet & spicy aroma accentuated by the humidity and weather...um no thanks. Even tender can get a little cloying at times, how about this?

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

I had a sample of this perfume a long time ago and from the first time I tested it on my skin, I felt that it was hard to decide whether I liked it or hated it. Without a doubt, it was something completely different;a scent about secret, forbidden feelings and deeper thoughts.Like a sin that you are afraid of but you can't resist at the same time.Like the sensual part that you try to hide just because your innocent part is dominant. Strong impression and an uncommon scent...not for everyone.

allyssya26

sexy and dark.not for everyone that's for sure but it's truely a fantastic smell that lasts forever!!!one spray it's enough..less is more, especially with a perfume like this!don't blind buy it and don't test it on paper but on your skin!

personagrata

Ange ou demon is more close to the angelic face than to the demonic. Having being said that,I can admit that it has something spiritual and a somewhat dark - gothic - ecclesiastical art to it and in that way you can say that it combines ange(ecclesiastical) and demon(dark).Although many have citated this as a bad feauture of the fragrance, I must say I find it for this feature very unique and reminiscent of orthodoxal unites and days like easter and especially christmas day and I like it!
I cannot really understand why many reviewers find Ange ou demon very potent, suffocating , really heavy etc. I, on the other hand, find this extremely soft after 5 minutes and that is why I think it is appropriate for office wear, when applied in light hand. It is sweet, but not disturbing sweet, it is elegant, it is powdery to me more than flowery.It is perfect! ( except its price!).
The only thing that bothers me a little, is that I dont always want to be a nice girl, with manners and politically corect words. I wann be also provocative, extreme, on the edge and this is not quite the feeling I am getting of the perfume. Despite this, I am really craving for this fragrance especially in cold days, when I am staying home with friends and in gatherings.
I suggest that you really try it and not to be intimitated by those who are saying this is too powerful, too heavy and too sweet. One thing is for sure, is not as heavy as poison, opium or angel are( that I love also)...Maybe it is heavy like a modern perfume is, which means practically that it has the power that you would expect from an EDP. I find that longevity is fine, but I would expect something better in terms of sillage...
I must add that I dont find the advert appropriate for the perfume. In my mind a more dynamic, powerful, mysterious, brunette woman would wear this. And wearing a mask does not make you mysterious!!! The bottle is a miracle, a piece of art and I thing everybody agrees on that and the perfume is versatile, you can even wear it in summer, with 1-2 sprays.
Be a good girl and try ange (ou demon)

Bandit
Bandit

Doesn't smell like a monastry I know, that's for sure.

Well, this was my final and last attempt to like something Givenchy. I think, that I find all Givenchys overpowering might be their signature, to overpower the smeller. Or the target group is the more anosmic buyer, who needs it a little stronger. That's ok, as there are enaugh watery perfumes and houses out there, it's just not the overpowering way, I could appreciate (and I sure love stinkers).

Ange au demon is... sweet, cloying. Heavy heavy tonka. Not in a good way. Gourmand, but, I am sorry for being that open: disgusting gourmand. Every time I smell it while exploring it, I make a sound: "Whoaahhh..." At first, I thought the head notes are the worst (they usually are, some fumes have horrible head- but lovely basenotes), but this one goes worse and worse on me. I feel the whole time reminded of Tabu, I think that gives a picture of the direction, this perfume takes. They are producing a pure perfume, for heavens sake, how can this EdP be any stronger?

Definitely try this one, don't ever think of blind buying it because of the bottle or the notes or the very sexy ad (which is all phantastic work, imho).

alassouli
alassouli

I used to have this perfume, as it was a gift. I am loyal fan of Givenchy perfumes for both men and women, but this particular one smelled like a cheap plastic hot bottle. It was a terrible experience. My signature perfume from the past 5 years is Hot Couture EDT by Givenchy. Ange ou Demon just didn't work with my body chemistry.

[NOV/8/2011]

elderflowers
elderflowers

Ah, if only this made me smell like a monastery, I'd be a customer for life. Incense, wax, ancient timber and stone...bring it all on, as heavy as you like.

Alas, Ange ou Demon makes me smell like the sort of elaborate cast-iron public urinal that can still be found in the more rural areas of France. Heavy synth vanilla and chemicals, with a serious dose of pee. Nothing exotic: not the promised bitterness of saffron, and not much that's a recognisable floral, either.

What is the matter with this stuff? It's a true Jekyll and Hyde, which some perceive as intoxicating, and a minority perceive as horrid. I had high hopes for it as a well-behaved semi-Oriental, but it reacts so badly with my chemistry that I felt I must be unique freak, until I read reviews by adrienn99 and scentorita. You are not alone: this is exactly the result I get, and I'm usually a sucker for scents with a vintage heliotrope/play-doh note. Test and test again with this one. It's one of the very few scents that I would suggest not trying on a first date, because I'm pretty certain that some people interpret this scent very, very differently to others.

ballerinascent
ballerinascent

I got a small sample bottle of these a couple of weeks ago and I kept putting off wearing it because I thought it would be too intense for me, being only 15, but it wasn't. I found it very angelic on my skin, which was great. I did get a bit of a spicy/ woody dry down but nothing too intense. I got a lot of lovely comments from wearing it and my tip is to make sure you try it on, it smells so different on different people.

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

Well this perfume has really a gazillion faces... On me, it is the demon. The very, VERY bad demon. It opens with a tendre tonka bean vanilla but ends with moss which when mixed with me chemistry is disgusting and nauseous.. Yuck.... When on my English teacher it's great! Fresh yet sensual, and it smells very casual. It really matches her personality: she is nice in general but can get obnoxiously hysterical. That's all i have to say :)

beatrix75

PO i like your review about the dark side ,on me its just in the begining the demon but after som minutes com out the angel and stay to the end!!very strange fume its this one complicated!!terebly good

Maggan
Maggan

It took me several years to get Ange oú Demon. I liked it from first sniff, but I didn't get it until last year. It is a sort of mysterious special one-of-a-kind-frag but the mystery is bright and velvety. It was my fav last winter, and it seems to become this winter's fav too! Big LOVE from me!

Det tog mig åtskilliga år att skaffa Ange oú Demon. Jag har alltid tyckt om den, men jag skaffade den inte förrän förra året. Den är speciell, mystisk och en-av-sitt slag, och dess mystik är klar och sammetsmjuk. Den var min favoritdoft förra vintern, och det verkar som den blir favoritdoft även denna vinter. Jag ÄLSKAR denna doft.

po
po

Oh, that's what I call a STRONG fragrance! The bottle is beautiful and longevity excellent, the scent is dark and mysterious- a seductive night fragrance that a confident woman would wear. Well, it's not for me though (not that I'm not confident, haha!)
I like the sweet vanilla but along with the saffron creates a heavy and spicy almost obnoxious perfume I can't handle- even with one tiny drop on my wrist.
This one will not surround you gently - it WILL hunt you.
I feel almost scared to try it again, on my skin the demon definitely defeats the angel.

beatrix75

i ve tried this today and i was sure to i have to buy it and i have already and i am very happy its absolutly mistic sensual dark everithing vhat i need in a perfume in a cold atum !love

allyssya26

absolutely FABOULOUS!! if you are into strong and very long lasting perfumes then this is the one for you. It is not for everybody and not for everyday use... but on special occasions this perfume will make the difference!

princess27
princess27

so sexy and lasts so much ,very powerful strong perfume
i had it like 6-7 by now ,definetely one of my fav perfumes
i recomand EDP

my bf also loves it and i had many people asking me what i was wearing everywhere i go , i personally love almost all GIVENCHY fragrances

if your the mysterious type of girl u gotta have this!

nadiatavar
nadiatavar

First time I tried a year (or two?) ago was wonderful but wasnt for me at the time, then at july/11 I decided to get one bottle for my mom then I tried again and... I dont think is the same formula.
I tried today from my moms bottle.
When I spray I can sense at first:
flowers (some white flower?)
after some minutes:
a "smoking place" (oakmoss?)
after 30min:
a powdery smell like "old lady" cologne shows up (I didnt like and wanted to wash my wrist)
around 50min:
some sweetness shows up (vanilla?)
After that the perfum start to fading back to flower (perhaps the orchid)
I wish I could just stay with the 1st and 2nd part of the perfum and skip the powdery "gramma" smell.

ekans
ekans

Ok, maybe i was a little agressive. i just think it is too much in beginning and after, less overpowering. not exactly good

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Initially, I did not liked the entrance consisting in a overwhelming sweet vanilla. Wait! what's going on?
This heavy smell calms down turning quickly into a not-too-light candy,
spicy caramel-like aroma and woods making it rich, sophisticated and unusual. The bouquet complements perfectly the scent with all these blooming flowers: lily creating a rather powdery feeling, the honeyed orchids in center and timid ylang-ylang, just slightly fresh. My mom gets crazy about this exotic and singular perfume.

On my skin:
Sillage: great
Longevity: 5h and counting

Edit:
The longevity is really powerful. After around 8h it stills noticiable.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An initially nice scent but very quickly morphes into Carachel Eden..

0-3 mins - Nice scent, complex, unusual

3 mins - 1 hours - The penny drops, this is turning into a 100% replica of Carachel Eden. Projection very good

1 hours - 4 hours. Projection good, approx 8 inches around . Still the same as Eden

4 hours - 8 hours. Projection limited and intermittent, however lasts long time and close to skin. Still the same as Eden

Starts great but soon I can only think of the original Eden which I don't particularly enjoy. Not for me.

GreyMan
GreyMan

There are many excellent reviews here already. There's little to add. But I'm surprised to find comparisons to Angel and Opium. That's same the combined vibe I got from it - the mystery of Opium and the coziness of Angel. Now it seems I will have to revisit and finally buy it.
I ended up buying the Tendre version when the weather required something lighter. It smells like a cross between A ou D and something that would fit into the Omnia series for some time. But the drydown is strangely pungent. The original is balanced better and ideal for autumn now.

takeasniff

I agree that this is ever changing. When I tried it I thought this will just smell strong like alien or angel and I will like it but will have to be careful it doesn't turn stale or musty. On me it never does it is strong but fresh and musky at the same time and I could swear I get fruity wafts at times which is quite bizzare. I love it it is a more modern take on the whole Angel, Alien, Mariah Carey M etc etc. It lasted for hours on my wrist. I just want to try the other variations of this now.

Wilde
Wilde

My signature fragrance. It melds in with my skin perfectly and suits my personality and looks down to a tee. I never tire of it, it is long lasting on me and because of it's somewhat volatile and capricious top notes (much like my moods I might add) it is never boring. The fact it is in that sense ever changing adds to the element of surprise (and to some, appeal) and again doesn't grow old. Contrastingly, the base notes are solid enough that it never feels like it doesn't suit me well.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I love this a lot. It's mysterious and sexy. The lasting power on me is average so I don't get the 'one spray only' comments because I spray a lot of this and it's still not overpowering.

I do have to admit: this smells a bit like play doh..

varnyte
varnyte

One of my favorite no matter what:) it's so mysterious, romantic, seducting an enchanting scent:) Just love it

napiergirl
napiergirl

This is a masterpiece , and it is DARK AND SENSUOUS.I think i have read words like witchy , heady , gothic , vampire to discribe this scent .....all true in the most sensuous way .At first i smell strong vanilla and ylang ylang ..it is intoxicating and over time lily and ylang ylang mingle with rosewood .The dry down is soooooooooo devine and relaxing ..a more angel like rosewood and cinnamon smell with a less heady lily in the background. There is a moment in the middle of this i feel a bit overwhelmed by the strong lily and ylang ylang, but i still love it .Not for good little girls......

adrienn99
adrienn99

i sprayed on my wrist in the local pharmacy. smelled good on paper but it was pure chemical stuff on my skin, surprised not many reported anything like this but yet this is me -only one opinion of a few hundred ;)

yilmazg
yilmazg

One of my favorite ladies perfumes, Ange ou Demon is a strong floral vanilla. It is quite sweet and strong but not cloying. Saffron is one of my favorites, it may be why I love this dark and provocative perfume over similar ones. Or it might be because the ingredients used in this are high quality. I rarely find Givenchy perfumes unnatural or artifical smelling. This dark, sweet and bold perfume is truly alluring. This is the perfume of the charming female vampires who are hunting men at dark :)

Ange ou Demon is a great choice for evening night-outs or special days but I would not recommend for daytime or office use even in winter. The tendre or secret versions are better for dailywear.

Sillage: Evident
Longevity: Good
Scent: Brilliant

maryar7
maryar7

Just three words: SEXY, STRONG, PERFECT
I want to bath in this perfume LOL
It's my favorite i get it like a present from my boyfriend and from that moment i realized it's the right one for me...
It is very very sexy and it's a bit night perfume because it's hard for day..I can find an ANGEL in mandarine orange and lily but also i love the DEMON side of fragrance.
Now i use it every day O:),and night 3:)

takeasniff

I have the mini of this and I think it is a very nice perfume. Where Angel and Alien somehow have become a little overused and outdated this one seems to be the perfect amalgamation of the two. I like Angel and I like Alien but they just don't do anything for me any more. I like Sensuous by Estee Lauder and Opium the new one by YSL so maybe that's why I like this. I like Mariah Carey's M but the sweetness in that makes it too immature at times. This one is sweet but in an adult way. I don't think you would ever feel immature wearing this. I found it lasted very well and it changes enough so budding perfumistas won't complain that it is too linear or doesn't change from first spray to the dry down. I have a feeling though that this one has come out with a bang but will go out of fashion in time. Maybe I will eat my words in the future if it is still going strong. I don't wish that to happen for all of you who are devoted to it but it just gives me that feeling it may not stick around too long.

Fizzy
Fizzy

This is a rewiew for AoD Eau de Parfum. When I sprayed it, I was overly impressed with it and knew from the first sniff on, I must have it. Love on the first sniff - that does not happen very often, maybe 1x in a half year.
How to describe this fragrance? I really do not know. And I do not know something similar even. It is a night fragrance, loud, sweet in a special kind, if sprayed on the paper, it smells strong masculine, but on the skin the masculine scent turns to a fresh, distinctive sweet vanilla scent. I smell mandarin in it, vanilla, it is fresh, not peppery or scratchy, very European. Unusual. Beautiful. Signature scent. For the night.
Sillage is very good, on me about 4 hours, lasting power - the whole night. On the end of this fragrance stays a fresh vanilla smell on my skin. Yummy.
The flacon has a bad quality, the plastic top does not fit well to the glass body and it fall down often on the shelve. AoD - very nice name for this parfum! I love it.

pen14
pen14

This for me smells like liquorice, I really don't see the "sexy appeal",however the dry down is okay, it's like vanilla and liquorice. I find it very mature, not my cup of tea at all.

honeysuckle
honeysuckle

Oh this is lovely. I tried it on my skin today, though I wasn't too serious about paying attention to it and may have missed a few things here and there. I'm going to have to give it another go sometime soon. It is lovely and complex and sweet, but with a clear, rich depth that comes out in the drydown. I won't deny that it has a "play-doh" element, but hey... this is why I love Olivier Cresp. :)

The opening of it reminded me of 7up, rootbeer, and bubble gum. It's suprisingly sparkling. It's really a mystery to me how this came out of the listed notes. It wasn't sickeningly sweet, but it certainly had a strange flavor. Whatever it was, it was truly distinctive and curiously pleasant. I might be off my rocker on this one, but it reminds me of musk mallow somehow. It's been a while since I smelled Chanel no. 18 (les exclusifs), and perhaps they are really nothing alike, but the intrigue and confusion, along with the crisp, sweet feeling I get from this perfume, reminds me of my first brush with Chanel no. 18. (Chanel lovers, I hope you don't take offense at the comparison!)

I don't think I got the mystery litchi note that I read about... I can see it fitting in with the composition, for those who smell it, but I didn't get that much pronounced fruit when I tried this on my skin. Litchi is a note I generally recognise....

As it dries down, the rich lily and orchid do appear, but I wasn't really paying attention to the perfume by this point in time - not today, at least. The heart notes were there but I don't have much to say about them - which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They were pretty and peripheral while I was rather distracted by other things.

Now it's in the last stages of the drydown, and I've got the remains of a creamy, soft, vanillic wood. It's quite smooth, though, not nearly as suffocating as I feared it would be. Not a heavy wooded drydown, in my opinion.

At any rate, it seems to be a very strange perfume that, similar to the name, has at least two personalities of its own. I quite enjoyed it despite the hot weather, and it held up rather well with all the air conditioning around me. I'm sure I will come back to this in the fall. I don't dislike AoD le Secret, but this is considerably more interesting to me. :)

Kione
Kione

I am really sorry, but this smelled like play-doh to me or plasticine. It changed later on to something like Angel of TM (which is what I am looking for) and to something softer and floral even later on. Defeinitely a Demon au Ange, but I don't think I could stand the Demon enough to wait for the Ange...
A shame really because it really is on the lines of what I am looking for!

fgamz
fgamz

i loved the top and middle notes of this perfume, it smelt like a crisp clean diamond would smell like if it had an odour lol.. I dont know im weird.. But it was a very nice experience until the base notes hit, omg i had the worst headache, it gets very heavy and very thick.. My partner has these arab perfumes which are pure oils of sandalwood and it smelt exactly like it, somewhat masculine, and yes he had to give it away as it gave me a horrible horrible headache..

Be aware, you need a strong nose to wear this perfume, just for the basenotes though i loved the top notes.. :)

good night, good morning have a nice day.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This stuff is very sexy. I can really smell the creamy woods in the background of this. It is floral but not too loud and screechy...it is warm and woody and creamy. It had great silage! I must get a bottle of this!!!

rubarba
rubarba

This is my all time favorite fragrance (and let me tell you, I have a few fragrances in my room.. ). It`s a strong perfume, so it`s definitely for night.. and of course for people who don`t mind strong perfumes.

What I love about it is the fact that the smell isn`t as sweet as you`d expect it to be. From the beginning it has a strong deep sort of tobacco smell, I can`t exactly describe.. which gives this perfume a sensuality I have never encountered before, in any perfume.. My boyfriend loves it (I think it's one of the few perfumes I have which he really really loves).

Bottom line with this perfume is that you will either love it, or hate it. And for all the people out there who buy a fragrance unsniffed, this isn`t a perfume you should try buying like that, because you could end up with a perfume you really cannot stand.

janhvi.fairy
janhvi.fairy

I had samples of this and loved it...I remember receiving compliments and people asking me what it was. It stays for a while and smells really nice. I would buy a bottle of this coz I love it! I think Givenchy has gorgeous perfumes.

wind83
wind83

ive try 2 times. i have an 5ml miniature. thats make me feel headache.

Too strong, the vanilla.. and i cant get the chemistry.:( poor thing.

givenchy is too heavy for me. and it makes me scare to try all of givenchy perfume. too bad.

scentorita
scentorita

I recieved a sample of this and tried it today. I must of put way to much on because i thought i was going to suffocate. It must not work with my chemistry well as my mother and kids told me I smelled old and "funky"
I also smelled this wierd baby doll scent as the fragrance was on it last leg. Strange as I read all these wonderful reviews.
I must give props for the longevity 7+ hours.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is gorgeous. When I first tested it, I thought it smelled like a lighter version of Dior Hypnotic Poison (which I also love). Like HP, this is also soft, creamy, dusty, unique and rich. But besides that they are quite differnt. Ange ou Demon is much more floral and soft, whereas HP is more woody and vanillic.

I think what I love about Ange ou Demon is the earthy, soft saffron scent combined with the florals and tonka bean. The result is quite unusual. It smells mysterious, exotic, and sensual.

I just love the bottle too...it's so pretty and dark at the same time. Really embodies the "ange ou demon" concept. Elegant with a dark edge!

Awatef
Awatef

This was love at first sight for me – and let me tell you I don’t get drwn to perfumes so much but this SEXY , SEDUCTIVE smell keept me asking for more
But here comes a twist to this story- a guy I really like wasn’t impressed with this smell – I felt like crying suuuuch a turn off to the perfume

-ANY GUYS OUT THERE !
PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS CRISIS !!

Helsinki
Helsinki

Louw, same here!

I used to think that Ange ou Demon belongs to the aristocracy of nocturnal mainstream perfumes.

It doesn't anymore.

Something in the composition has definitely changed. Unfortunately, the fickle line of oversweetness has now been crossed. The current composition is like being trapped in an immersive sea of marshmallows: Way too sweet. Suffocating.

If you have previously owned Ange ou Demon, please note: Be aware that it might not be the same thing you once had.

Louw
Louw

I loved this when it first came out. I've just bought it again after a break of a few years and was really looking forward to wearing it again, but something has changed. I don't know if it's my skin chemistry or if they've re-formulated the fragrance but it now smells awful on me.

Whereas before it smelt sexy and quite complex, now it just smells cloyingly sweet. I have to agree with Servana - I too detect a strong hint of lychee in the fragrance now, and that isn't supposed to be there at all! It now reminds me of a stronger and less pleasant version of Hot Couture. So disappointed. :(

servana
servana

Right off the bat, this smells completely like lytchi to me. Completely. I know it isn't listed in the notes, but perhaps the combination of all the notes created an artificial lytchi scent? Lol. I REALLY like this. It smells like lytchi but if you want to know about it in relation to the actual notes, I smell vanilla with a little fruitiness and some floral notes. I really like it.

When I spray it onto my skin, it smells mostly the same, but a little different. I no longer smell the lytchi. I smell mandarin orange, along with gardenia. Vanilla sinks into the background. It's pretty much mandarin orange, gardenia & a hint of vanilla. Who knows if these notes are even in there (I know vanilla is)?!, but that's how it smells on my skin! Love it!

misscxox
misscxox

I first smelt this perfume about 4 years ago on a colleague at work. I wasn't sure what it was and spent ages looking for it.

This will definitely be my go to winter perfume. It's a bit too spicey and warm to be a perfume for any other time of the year.

It's an interesting fragrance. Warm, spicy, woody and somehow dark. The name of the scent is well chosen. For me it was a bit too masculine. The drydown was just too much for me to handle :)

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Talk about split personality!! A strong, icy, slightly bitter citrus opening, closing with a warm vanilla sillage. I love this one's boldness. It's very Givenchy - very distinguished.

greydove
greydove

Mmmmm....WOW! I was afraid of this because I didn't like it on paper, but there's something in this I love on my skin! It reminds me of something too...Like a man's cologne from the 80's that they reformulated for women today ;-) This smells like dark semi sweet chocolate on me with a pure white lily hovering above it. Its so mysterious, dark, sexy! My colleague said it was too strong for summer but I would have fun wearing this lovely, chocolate concoction on a summer night!

Scarlet.Anemone
Scarlet.Anemone

Hohoho, Ange ou Demon (AED) to me is like the twin of Alien by Thierry Mugler. They both have similarity but not exactly the same. While Alien is more 'vulgar and brash' type of lady, Ange Ou Demon is 'polite and kind of shy'. On my skin AED is not as sweet as Alien. I didn't get this 'sickeningly sweet syrupy or flowery' smell, in fact I like AED much better than Alien. AED can be described as woody-vanillic gourmand scent, it reminds me of Lolita Lempicka 1997 which is more complex with licorice, praline and other notes. Well, AED is not really that gourmand-ish, just a little bit.

Oriental? Ummm, not really. Floral? Yes. But only at the beginning. Different body chemistry can give you sexy & sultry effect. Or pretty innocent & unusual.

Since I have both Alien and AED, both of them are lovely in their own unique way. If you want to smell sweet & delicious with jasmine scent lingering around you, go for Alien. Believe me, guys love them! But if you want something low key but has similar effect like Alien, I suggest AED is the best option. Too bad my body chemistry tend to make Alien 'too loud', I almost choked up and nauseous sometimes. But surprisingly with AED it went off nicely and after long hours it became more sensual & vanillic powdery.

Sillage : Good
Longevity : Very Good

Reminder, this stuff is reaaaaaaaally strong. Do not over apply this on your skin or clothes. Perhaps at the beginning you don't really notice it. But trust me, the scent really grow after quite some time. Use sparingly, people around you will appreciate that.

In my opinion this is not every day scent. I guess it's more appropriate if you can save it for special occasion and romantic purpose. I wear it before I go to bed ;0)

rosabell

My problem with AoD is that it lacks sillage and power. It is just to weak for me. I don't understand why people call it strong because it is not... It is a nice perfume that literally disapperas within minutes...No smell floating around you, no traces on the skin. To bad , because I thought it was sexy... Maybe they just do not put quality materials in the juice....

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The sample I have came in a swap with an individual, and must be the weakest of weak EdTs, since it doesn’t last much more than an hour. I was expecting more from a fragrance with a strong name and a list of very interesting notes. Maxillaria orchid? Oak wood absolute? Saffron? I don’t smell any of these things, just a light, slightly aquatic fruity vanilla. Why even sell an EdT if it’s going to be so weak that it’s hardly noticeable and doesn’t last? Maybe this would work for those who like to spray themselves every hour on the hour with huge clouds of scent, but that’s not my style. I guess I'll have to try the EdP.

wildthyme
wildthyme

After smelling literally dozens of perfumes, my fiancé fell for this scent as my wedding perfume. It was an outdoor wedding in June, but the scent wore perfectly- cooling, deep, seductive. It's quite hard to describe actually, a bit mystical. We still love it; however I find it suits special occasions best, definitely not an every day/going shopping kind of aroma.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

Last week i smelled a divine perfume on two different women.
I was sure it was the same perfume because it was very recognizable, but i was too shy to ask them what was it.
Today that i wore Ange ou Demon i was so sure that i have find that scent!
It starts with an orange note and after a while it becomes more floral, spicy and dark.
It is a sensual and feminine perfume, very seducive and sexy BUT elegant at the same time!
Also long-lasting and powerfull, absolutely wonderfull for winter time!

krissycat
krissycat

I am SOO happy I bought this one. I had mixed feelings because reading the reviews it seems people either hate it or love it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I absolutely love it. Upon first spritz it smells like black licorice on me, but underneath all the black licorice is some sweet smelling lollipop smell hiding. WOW is it the most interesting scent I have ever sprayed on. I now have both this one and little secret, and guess what I like this better. Little secret is lovely but the top notes fade so quickly and the scent all together does not last. I'm not quite sure about the lasting power on this one yet but I'm hoping it lasts all day. This kind of reminds me of lolita lempicka how there are so many different notes in the perfume to enjoy. It's fun when a scent is a bit mysterious and complicated and not so linear. This perfume is great!
UPDATE: I sprayed this on this morning, the scent is JUST as strong on my wrist as it was when I first sprayed it. AMAZING. 10/10 this perfume

olga1780
olga1780

I really admire this fragrance ( I have an EDP) for its uniqueness and outstanding projection and staying power. Very few fragrances can boast smelling just as intense 5-6 hours later.

VANE_KSK
VANE_KSK

es el perfume ideal. Es increible como van cambiando las notas a medida que pasan las horas. Afrodisiaco, Sexual, Sexy, Misterioso, es increible con las notas que tiene en su compocision quimica que hayan logrado esto. Se convirtio en uno de mi segundo perfume preferido porque amo el BabyDoll de YSL.

mjb28
mjb28

This is dark, rich, sexy and intruiging! Angel and demon are flirting in me in the most gorgeous mysterious moment. I'm totally blown away by it's fragrance! Seductive, daring and powerful all the way. Excellent for evening and winter season. The more I wear the more I love it. A bold sophisticated scent for a confident woman.

malia

LOVING it!!!! What a scent! DELISIOUS! Sexy, mysterious, very attractive.. Mmmmm, i can't stop enjoying it. The fragrance, the name, the bottle, the box, i love everything about it! Absolutely a great success! And all those compliments i get wearing it... just LOVING it!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I am not a big fan of Givenchy fragrances which are way too heavy for me. I have tried numerous creations of Givenchy and all of them were a big no-no, I'm afraid.
Ange ou Demon is the only one I like. It is a heavy fragrance, do not expect oriantal mist. It is bursting with saffron, lily and dark wood. It is a definite evening wear fragrance. I get to choke just by thinking that someone could wear it to office or on a hot summer Saturday BBQ party.
The lily note is very much present here from the beginning till the very end.
Overall, you can tell it is a top quality fragrance but at the same time a risky business if you intend to buy in dark or worse - intend to purchase it as a blind buy gift.
I have a bottle of AOD but I do not intend to back it up as the fragrance has not entirely got me down on my knees.
I am not a sheer fragrance lover, I actually love perfumes that mark my territory whenever I go.
AOD, however, ocassionally gets on my nerves by yelling right into my face.
Likeable, but nothing more than this...

melimelo87
melimelo87

The bottle is so pretty I just love it.
Givenchy fragrance are quite strong and this is no exception. At first it comes off quite sweet and it ends the same in my opinion only stronger. When I first sprayed it on my wrist it was oke but after several minutes I started getting a headache so for me not oke.

SmellyShelley
SmellyShelley

I love this, one of my favourites. I think the name sums it up perfectly. It's creamy, powdery and floral on top but dark and mysteriously sensual underneath. I wear this when I feel like wearing black clothing and letting my dark hair flow naturally - very dramatic, haha! Really though, there's something about it that reminds me of being in a spooky old church, of dark grey stone.....but maybe I'm just being swayed by the name. Love the bottle too, the rear reminds me of a spine. It lasts all day on me and apparently I leave just enough of a trace of it when leaving a room to prompt people to ask what it is I'm wearing when I return. Well, I'm assuming it's a trace - I haven't caught anyone backing away, gagging, fanning the air or keeling over! It's definitely a "spray with caution" scent though, not for the trigger-happy, or at least, those around them....

LaPetite
LaPetite

It's an OK perfume, very 2000 years . Not risky, easy to wear, easy to love .
My mother gifted it to me for Christmas when it came out , she seemed so happy to give it to me that i pretended to love it , whereas it's just ok to me. I didn't want to hurt her :-)
But i'm not buying it again myself .It's too ordinary , especially from such a big house that is Givenchy.

purrz11
purrz11

It smells very generic on me. Just another flowery perfume. I really had high hopes! Darn it! :(

UPDATE: I gave my coworker a sample of this and it was amazing on her. Really dark and sensual. She actually squealed with delight. "I smell witchy and mysterious. Sooo sexy!" I'm so glad it worked for her. Guess it just boils down to body chemistry. I'm jealous!

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This is a beautiful, soft, sweet, powdery fragrance. Just absolutely heavenly and angelic. I don't smell any "demon" or dark notes in here but maybe that's the appeal of this perfume. Some people get angel, some people get demon, and some lucky ones get both.
I got nothing but angel from this perfume and I love it! :)

Yijing
Yijing

Just like the name,this perfume stands for two faces of a woman, angel and demon. It starts with orange-blanded notes which seem an angel showing up. However,one or two hours later, it becomes a demon dark, cold, and sexy.I love it,just like my personality, I will buy one next month.

rosabell

Wonderful dualistic scent,both feminine and innocent and dark,sexy but,unfortunately it stays too close to the skin. The projection is minimal, and people around you can't smell it.

Maybe on other people's skin it is better,but on mine,the scent disappaers in 1/2 an hour and it's all gone.
This is the only complaint I have with this one. I love it but I will not repurchase because of the lousy sillage and staying power. If you like using discrete scents then you might not get bothered .

tubita
tubita

oh my goshhhhh!!!! this fragrance is absolutely so sexy!! its very sophisticated,elegant perfume. i think saffron makes it to be in luxury perfumes family ..i love lancome magnifique and it has saffron too. i'll definitely buy this perfume...love itttttt

Ange ou Demon - and yes I feel like both. This is a deep sexy scent but at the same time not loud - like JPG Classique, that fills the whole room when someone wears it - Ange ou Demon works both for day(1 spritz) and night (3-4spritz) scent to wear I think. When I wear this one - I get a lot of compliments.

oona noir
oona noir

This was an absolute scrubber on my skin. I think i made it about an hour before I went running for the sink, and I had used a light hand! Not sure I'll have the nerve to give it another try. :(
edit: I tested the EDP

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

This scent like others by Givenchy is something special. It suits not everybody. So you should test it before buying it. I think this one is evening and 2-3 sprays are enough if you don't want the people surrounding you to suffocate. Most of my friends and relatives don't like it, but I do. I find it interesting, sexy and rich. Ange ou Demon makes you feel a real woman, sexual, elegant and assertive and to be on the border between angel and demon )))

Sissi
Sissi

Every angelic face hides a devilish persona ange ou demon definse that. it starts sweet and half a hour later transform to an deep intoxicating notes
of dark florals and dry woods makes it
a versitile frangrance for the ages.

The opening starts sharp with a note of mandrian orange dries gracfully with the velvety feel of Saffron and dries
the top notes with the innocent notes
of thyme and White Lily, The middle section starts to become more deeper
with the presence of dark orchid and the wisting scent of nocturnal jasmine bloom though the night.

The drydown is an dry finishing scent of oakmoss vanilla adds to the angelic sweetness to the frangrance exotic brazilian rosewood and ends with the nutty accord of tonka bean.

I just love the flacon design and color the coloring is reminisent of the sun setting though the twillight sky on a clear night i also love the jagged artwork of the bottle worthy of it's demonic edgeiness there is nothing soft about this scent this is for a girl who is sweet on the outside but deliciouslly bad from the inside.

guest_Birmingham, UK
guest_Birmingham, UK

Well this is my signature fragrance. Everytime I wear this I have people coming up to me asking what I am wearing. To be honest, I dont really feel like telling as this is the best perfume in my collection. I have two 100ml in the EDP and a 100ml in the edt. The EDT is okish but not as strong as the edp. This perfume really lasts if I spray some on my coat it will last 4/5 weeks. The only problem is the edp can be a bit pricey. I pray that this perfume is never discontinued as this perfume really lasts. I have other expensive perfumes but nothing lasts as much as ange ou demon. I am so glad that I came across this perfume whilst testing them at a shop. I had to buy it instantly. My family loves this perfume on me as it works very well with my skin. Some people do say it is a mature smell but I think it fits all.

A very rich, alluring, seductive fragrance. 10 stars all the way. I would recommend this perfume as it is my No1 perfume!!!!

Manya2
Manya2

Very potent stuff, to be worn in moderation! But on the right skin, in the right amount, this *is* a little gem.

After reading about the notes, I can tell the lily, rosewood and vanilla, but everything else is pretty much undestinguishible to my nose.
To me, it smells like cake, white flowers and leather. I would never have guessed its actual smell from seeing the pyramid!

It is incredibly hypnotic, because the juicy head notes, flowery-leathery heart and woody-sweet drydown make this fragrance very 3D, it changes all the time.

You will either love it or hate it, but don't judge on the notes or comments alone, give it a try in real life - it might be love ;)
---
update : one spritz was just enough for me to smell my own perfume for the entire day;awesome longevity and twelve hours later, it's a good skinscent!

atmosphere
atmosphere

I decided to try Ange ou Demon because I love its sister Le Secret so much.
Upon first sniff, I could immediately conclude three things.

1.This is really a unique perfume and I I have never smelt anything like it.
2.This is absolutely, completely not my type of perfume. It is VERY strong, and I am a lover of light perfumes or at least strong perfumes with a hint of softness. But this, even one spray might be too much.
3. All the same, I have to concede, Ange ou Demon is absolutely beautiful! Just because there is no attraction on my part, does not mean I cannot still see its beauty. For me, the wood notes come through the strongest and blend wonderfully with the florals. I would have liked it very much had it been softer.

However, both my coworker and my aunt, who both are very outgoing and gravitate towards strong perfumes, absolutely loved it. And I'm sure this would smell great on them. They both have the personality to pull this off. But I'll just stick to Le Secret for now.

wildcat
wildcat

It was love at first smell, really. There is nothing about this perfume that I do not like, seriously, from the moment I spray it on to the last phase, hours and hours afterwards. It suits me perfectly, makes me more confident. I have dozens of other perfumes but I always go back to this one, a permanent member of the collection.

Nicole79
Nicole79

...Ange au Demon is a really strange fragrance !!!

People say Kenzo L'elephant is strange but...i tell u that this one is evan STRANGER ! Kind of "scarry"...LoL...

Not bad , great sillage and long lasting power ,..

I don't really like it bcz of the Lily which i can't stand , but i could wear it from time to time if i had a bottle ...only in the evening thou and def. fall-winter time !!!
This is a must try before u buy !!!

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

This one grows on you if you let it. With my first sniff, I thought, "Oh, not for me", but I tried it again and yummm....now I love it!

Maybe it was the oakmoss that just seemed weird to me at first. But it offsets the vanilla and tonka bean very nicely. I totally get the name...is it sweet and innocent or dark and sexy? It's both!

I've found that I like this scent when I apply it later in the day, after my skin's natural oils are present. When I apply just after my shower in the morning, the "demon" side doesn't develop as well and I only get the sweeter notes. But when I apply a little dab in the cleavage after work...oh, it's divine!

Maki
Maki

Oh..how I fear the moment my co-worker takes out her Ange ou Demon miniature to spray it on her...

I really detest this scent so much that they could succesfully folter me with it...

sophievlad
sophievlad

Oh this one is special!
I love it because it really smells different on me depending on god knows what - the weather? the mood I'm in? - but I always love the aura it wraps me in.
Sometimes it's Ange -sparkling, ripe, sweet, juicy yummy pineapples on top with lily in the middle and vanilla in the base.
Sometimes it's Demon- seducing, enchanting, soft, creamy lily all the way with vanilla dryout. There are other notes, too, but I am not able to really tell what they are.
I simply love it.

greenfaerie38
greenfaerie38

I just got this perfume in the mail after buying it blind, and I'm so glad I did. While I doubt I'll be wearing this during the summer much (since it seems better suited to cooler months), the smell is really adding some much needed spice to my day.

On my skin, I don't get much of the floral notes, but I'm okay with that. It starts out soft and inviting, then quickly pulls you into a spicey mystical cloud.

This perfume reminds me of Pakeezah, one of my favourite Bollywood films that centers on a beautiful and famous courtesan. I believe this gorgeous and talented woman would happily wear this fragrance, and I can get a bit closer to her aura when I wear this.

As a side note, my notoriously picky boyfriend loves this and finds it really sexy.

nyoka

I had the honor of sampling this MYSTICAL scent.It indeed smells like a mystery!If ever a fume could seduce a man,this is it.It even seduced me.I was swooning!The saffron comes thru in little whiffs coupled with huge overipe juicy oranges.Makes ur mouth water!But this only opens the door to a hot house of orchids,vibrant captivating,and deeply mysterious.There is a lily note that I love because of the woodiness.The ending to this provacative experience is wonderful as well.All my favorites.Tonka beans,MOss(heavenly) and that hard to find soft rosewood.All in all a masterpiece of a fume.Makes u feel wanted and desired the object of alls attention!Wear this at night and b transported!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

If you are looking for a scent which says "I am fricking awesome & I don't care what you think" this is it. Well, at least, this is how it makes me feel.

I love saffron in perfume, it is so sexy. I really don't smell any flowers, just spice & patchouli & a hint of vanilla. A deep, sensual scent. When I first tried it, it scared me a little with its strength & intensity. The second time I tried it, it sweetened out into a wonderful hippy patchouli which stunned me because patchouli essential oil makes me gag.

And tonight I tried it again & it just feels like 'me'. I am sure I OD'ed on the stuff, just couldn't get enough. I even sprayed some on my man ostenibly to see if it translates as a unisex scent but mostly so I could smell it some more (FYI - he could pull it off, his skin turns it really smokey).

Happily it stays as scintillating from top to finish for me. Usually woods notes dry bitter & sharp on my skin (it did in the Tendre version) but the tonka & vanilla seem to even this out.

Bless Givenchy!

kugkng
kugkng

Emmmm..I think this one could be a unisex scent the affect from spicy-citrus blast stay quite long from the top note until the mid and lead into the initial base part very dominate with strong and sharp musculine(so this's a demon part)All the feminine notes getting pronouce themselves accordingly from the mid part quietly until shown up altogether but still in the shade of the mossy stage and then vanilla and tonka bean play the tender accords so from this part the musculine tone almost disappear and turn into sonthing sweeter and creamer dry to the skin(so this's an angel part) however I still like it and keep wearing this scent on a special night or need something more attention...

tekila2525
tekila2525

this is exactly like the name...you can feel the sweetness at the ame time is strong,sexy,exotic and develish,till now i always got a diferent feeling with this one,is continuously changing during the day and long lasting...and mens seem to love this.

aromaminx
aromaminx

love it..only during evenings during winter or crisp autumn or spring evenings
very sexy and mysterious
has a terrific sillage

boogeyyy
boogeyyy

for me it smells like midnight poison from dior. it can be describe as sexy devil. love it so much <3 i wanna buy it!!

Rici
Rici

Only had a sample of this one: sexy, powdery and misterious. My hubby loved the smell on me after i sampled it and this will be my next buy. My husband also complimented me a lot!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Ange ou Demon by Givenchy is quite deep, smoky and gothic. It might be a pretty cool fragrance for a woman with mistique, but it's really not in my element. Why? Only for one thing: the Saffron. As a matter of fact saffron is a chief ingredient of a Chinese liquid medicine which is often for external use. I know this smell very well because my grandfather used to use this medicine. In comparison, the EDT editon -- "Ange ou Demon Tendre" is more attractive to me, which is without saffron and quite different from this one.

----Update:

The dry-down is beautiful, I can still smell it on my blouse after days, it's sweet, creemy, vinilla, and the saffron which I was scared of is just gone. Wonderful base!

Moyra
Moyra

After receiving a bunch of little sachet samples of Ange ou Demon with a perfume order, I tried hard to put a trans-generational diplomatic spin on my reaction (and my husband's reaction) to this apparently beloved fume.
Finally I gave up.

In one word,Ange ou Demon is:
BRUT.

Remember the ever-present "Brut by Faberge" stuff men wore during the 60's and 70's? The incredibly potent oriental-ish potion that came in a green glass bottle with a silver metal label?
If you don't, it even has its own wikipedia page, although it is absent from the fragrantica database.
Its been reformulated and passed around from company to company like a happless victim of cruel olfactory exploitation, but if you happen to remember that unforgettable cologne, you know exactly what Ange ou Demon smells like.
If you have fond memories of a beloved man who wore this, then perhaps you will love Ange ou Demon.
I don't.
By the way, the Brut in the drugstores now is nothing whatsoever like the original men's cologne released in 1964, but Ange ou Demon comes very, veeeeery close.

nyoka

this is just a tat toward too much.its like a 4 note fume.at first the orange and saffron burst on the scene almost playing back and forth.then a bit of orchid and lily peep thru.then there is a soft /strong affair going on,beautiful soft rosewood standing beside the massive oak.when all is said and done,it mellows into a sweet,creamy,vanilla that hypnotisizes u.its just a bit too many notes and kind of confusing,like it cant make up its mind i wouldnt wear it but,im sure its wonderful on others.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

This is really SUCH A BEAUTIFUL fragrance! Combines dark, exotic notes with innocent and light flower notes. It comes out so velvety and sensual on my skin... Hmm...
Very seductive perfume! I think the name definetely represents what´s inside: you don´t know if it´s just angelic or so seductive that it´s rather evil... ;-)

This is one of my favorites, I wanted it for such a long time (had a small tester) and now I am so happy that I bought it!!!

adele l
adele l

funny how this works-this is incredibly soft and powdery on me- not strong at all- goes almost straight to the dry down.

beeevee
beeevee

I got this as a Christmas present from my boyfriend but I hated it at first..but I couldn`t just throw it away,so I tried to use it.And I couldn't say I regret it...the heavy scent which I smelled at first had gone ,and I could smell the citrus in it.For me,this perfume,and especially the shower gel is the perfect scent with which you can describe Paris:).Each time I take a shower with it I am smiling,thinking of Paris:)

kalios55
kalios55

I'm so glad I bought a sample size on this one. I truely want to love it because of the bottle & the name. Although this one is not for me. here is my personal opinion for Ange Ou Demon

This perfume made me smell like a powerful sexy wicked 500 year old witch.

It's mysteriously disgustingly sophisticated. It's strong, sweet, overwhelmingly creamy & powderly. And GOSH it lasts so long. I think this scent would suit images of female vampires well, that is, if only they existed.

panda0410
panda0410

I love most Givenchy perfumes and this one is no different - Ange ou Demon EDP is just pure love for me!! I was surprised to see all the -ve reviews here, though there is an intensity to this fragrance this I can see not suiting everyone - it reminds a little of Angel (not in scent) but like Angel you either love it, or hate it - there really isnt a lot of in-between.

The EDP is quite a strong version, use a light hand ladies!! The mandarin opening gives this fragrance an edge, its really seductive actually and creates an intrigue - you want to keep smelling it!! Florals in the heart are *really intense*, I love this fragrance and even found myself pulling away from the intensity of this, lighter application made the heart notes a lot more appealing, so bear that in mind if you sprayed and felt overwhelmed enough to draw a -ve, try using a lighter hand, you might find you feel differently!

The base - universally appealing vanilla and tonk bean; a beautiful harmonious base, these two notes keep this perfume lit up with warmth, but with oakwood added for a darker deeper and edgy appeal, this fragrance is as thoroughly captivating as it is beautiful!

One thing I will add is this - this perfume can be a little androgynous, masculine and feminine at the same time.

I am really enjoying the mystique of this perfume and for the better part it really is my signature scent - florientals are my truest love and this one has a special place in my collection.

It is a little pricey though, RRP $150AU/100ml. I have bought the 100ml bottle since a super kind swapper sent me a sample which I fell in love with.

I really adore this fragrance and I'm not afraid of its intensity. I think some women can pull this off better than others though, for those that were assaulted instead of caressed by the EDP, try the EDT (Tendre) version, you might have a better result.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I think it smells good but it smells a lot like flower by kenzo or chantal thomas ...moi something. Don´t know if i am gonna keep it or not.

mocha43
mocha43

Unfortunately, on me, it smells like the devil. Overpowering and so strong it lasts forever. Just shows how subjective a scent from one person to another.

GrannyBear
GrannyBear

I was uncertain about this perfume, and even after using it for a few days, I still can't decide. I really dislike the top notes - the kind of citrussy, flowery smell that gives me a headache - but this soon fades to leave a much more subtle, quite sophisticated dry down. I get the "floral", but I'm not quite sure where the "oriental" comes in. Perhaps it's just because I'm more of a musk and patchouli girl. I'll finish the bottle, but I don't think I'll be back for more.

hollycat
hollycat

Its amazing how different this perfume smells on different people. On me this is a skin scent, fresh out of the shower kind of smell. In fact most people dont even know Im wearing perfume when I where this, its very muted on me. It smells very natural and clean on me. Not very feminine, kind of unisex, esp after the dry down. This is perfect for everyday, gym, work, places where I want to smell good but not perfumy. this review may not be helpful for many people because Ive read so many reviews about how strong and intense this scent can be. On me its like a little androgynous angel, occasionally whispering some devilish things. But its all in good fun.

kevaana
kevaana

This fragrance has the best name I have heard in a while. You know why? Because on some person smells like angel wings and on other persons smells like devil tail. First I feel an interesting aura, a warm smell for cold-hearted women. I guess their heart must be melted. After this I smell something sweet and ordinary.

But overall is an interesting perfume - in the good way for some persons and in the bad way for other persons.

Disclaimer: All my reviews are personal opinions; these opinions do not try to offend any taste or any style.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I can't believe I forgot to review this one. I had a sample ahwile ago. I guess it didn't impress me very much, eh?
It's ok. I don't get anything dark and smoky, only lemon cream pie. It reminds me alot of Boucheron Trouble.
Neither is a favorite.
One thing, it is very strong so use sparingly.

CUPCAKEDOLL

5 stars!!. My boyfriend gave me this one, and I really love it!. Smells rich, clean, sexy and a bit powdery.

I think it`s perfect for winter, better if you use it in the night, but it´s ok for all seasons and all moments. A masterpiece.

The staying power is very good: It lasts on my skin for hours.

Is great for a young women who likes to feel elegant and sexy. With this scent I feel more feminine and beautiful.

Now, I have my second bottle and still love it. This scent have two opposite sides, so I think "Angel ou Dèmon" is the perfect name.

NatWeb
NatWeb

HORRIFIC. Possibly the worst fragrance I have smelled in recent times. All I get is the smell of liniment on my skin.

Having read some of the reviews here, I am tempted to give it a test spray again because i couldn't pick up any of the vanilla etc others have mentioned. Maybe it just isn't one for me but usually I like spicy, unusual fragrances.

swedeangel

Tried it again today. Everything that putted me off yesterday at the beginning,is now the second time absolutely faboulus. I so love this scent ,this dark gothic but yet soft vanillascent ! It manages to be both dark and soft,heavy and mild at the same time !

swedeangel

Sampled it now.For me its a big no-no. I dont like the burnt oaktrace,smokey and yes,very dark. I get no flowers just a trace of something sweetsmelling in the fog.... No its not beautiful,not sexy,not exiting ,not captivating , it turns me off and i dont understand the scent at all.EDIT! WOW ,now a few hours has gone by ,and now i feel its soul! Rhe blackness,the velvet dark tone that lingers skin close on me now,just for me too sense - it is divine!
From no to yes in a matter of hours ,from dislike to love .. strange this one,this two-faced scent..

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

I am very surprised about this perfume! I got a one use sample in a swap, and I've used it on me right away.

Well, this is certainly not developing like an angel on me, it's some kind of a demon who lives in the caves around the wine barrels. I am not kidding. It smells like smoked oak barrels on me, with some flowery notes slightly underneath.

The lilies were strong at first, now I am left with the smoked oak... no, this is not what the angels smell like, demon I can go for. Very original smell, not like anything else I've tried before.

Upd.: in 3+ hours the demon turned into an angel -- sweet and powdery! Wow, the change is pretty dramatic. I can compare the effect of the change to you coming back home from a high brow party full of walking on eggshells, fine dry wine and fancy dirty martinis, kicking off your heels, getting into your PJs, and curling up under a discount store blanket -- no, not wool, all synthetic, but oooh so soft and oooh so warm with a comforting sweet drink... I won't go as far as to say mac&cheese, but you got the idea!!

Karitsa
Karitsa

I've just got this one as a present and I'm absolutely crazy about it! It's so perfectly balanced, and feminine, and sweet but at the same time it's got that "something" that somehow awakens you from the dreaming! It sure deserves it's name!

Danger Beauty
Danger Beauty

can i say how much i love this perfume?
it is wonderful .. dark .. edgy
perfect for wearing it with a leather jacket and dark skinny jeans with black boots
it is also very sexy , original
when i first tested it .. it was very heady
it turns out i sprayed too much
right now .. i only put one spray behind my ears and half a spray on my arms
with time .. i stop smelling it
but when i asked my sister if she could smell it
she said that only the people that come close to me can .. which was really great for me
also it gives it some sort of mystery
really love it!!

renneyg007

The first time i tried this it just didn't work. It smelt dark, heavy and weird. Months later it came through as a sample with something else i purchased, so i gave it another try. How it happened i don't know because i'm very much a love at first sight kind of gal, but i now adore this. Creamy, sweet, strong, long lasting and heavy enough to be sexy and dark. It reminds me, probably because of the ylang ylang element, of Oscar but a more refined, darker more youthful version. The opening is great slightly fizzy and the drydown is gorgeous vanilla but not the pretty type more the sensual tone that sits well on skin.I find myself sniffing myself throughout the day. My boyfriend loves it. Divine.

c3c
c3c

Hmmmm, I have no idea why but this clearly doesn't work on me. There are so many good reviews but I had a different experience. When I opened my sample it smelled pleasant and almost lemony, put it on, same thing. After about 30 minutes it had morphed into something decidedly unpleasant. Medicine cabinet, doctors office? Bitter, musky, not good. So why is it so great on everyone else but me? No idea. One things for sure, my skin and this perfume had a nasty drag out fight. I didn't make it past the hour mark to see if it would change. If I have to suffer though an hour or more to see if there's something better coming what's the point? Ah well. Thankfully there's many more scents out there. Glad it works for some.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Lily, orchid and ylang ylang together-spiced....not my bouquet!
It's rather heady and quite mean, since they do not smell fresh, but dank with the not-dark, not-dirty, rather quiet cumin and saffron.

The base is more pleasant, lovely smooth (powdery) vanilla and tonka bean, and the whole fragrance is mossy-top-to-bottom. The demon here is a bouquet of flowers past due for tossing, the angel is powdery vanilla....Wearable, but it reminds me of an arrogant but polite and tolerable spoiled girl, I don't know why-kind of pretty, kind of irritating.

Brilliant name, fragrance not as surprising, or even as strong as I thought it would be-I don't think it's strong, but it is LOUD.

I'm not impressed, but at least I don't find it absolutely boring, nor is it obnoxious. I once liked Armani Code, but I couldn't stand to wear it now, perhaps I could even wear this one, even if I don't like it right now.I have to take into account that I often like a fragrance on the first go and then find I really dislike it after a few wears-perhaps I am becoming more discerning, and expecting more of a clean contrast in this one.

This is quite different from Code, although I understand how this could remind somebody of Code with the overall feeling of the fragrance.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Ange Ou Demon is an intoxicating fragrance that inhibits a raw, dark and erotic characteristic.
There's nothing 'angelic' about this one, but there really is certain dualistic nature about this, much like Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde.

Wearing this during the day will make you feel totally out of place, but wear this during the night and you'll truly feel the magic of the night.

Mrs.YoungLady
Mrs.YoungLady

It is very powerful,arrogant,sensual and very interesting scent and it's good but it reminds me a little the smell of sweat...
It smells nothing like vanila, and it isn`t sweet at all.
But for unknown reason I like it. weird ha?

vioversilver
vioversilver

I was given a sample of this and I believe I might ask for this as a birthday present which is coming up soon.

This has a coolness to it , an ancient garden in the darkest , most still part of night , the cool mist all around one carrying in it the scent of lilies , flowering spices ,damp woods and moss.

It must be the thyme that gives it its coolness, the lilies are of the night..

Vanilla gives this its pulse , some warmth.

For those who find beauty in dark things , this is perfectly gothic.

Kittycat
Kittycat

A friend of mine wears Ange ou Demon. It's so intensive and mysterios. Elegant with it sweetness, but also spicy because of the saffron and thyme. Similar to Magnifique Lancome.

guest_Tif
guest_Tif

I have become a fan of this perfume (as has my boyfriend) so I let my sister try it one day, and it didn't sit well on her. It had become more of a bitter scent after hours of wear, and of course she decided to never purchase this perfume. But it works on me; oriental scents usually do. The

9154mf
9154mf

This is like a rich deep incencey vanilla and it would be nice except for the skank note in the base, what is that? im not sure but there is defenitely something in here that is kind of permeating the rest of the scent and almost ruining it for me. I waited so long to get a sample of this and now I can put my mind at ease that it is not a must-have for me. I imagine a 'light' version of this scent woud appeal more widely, lose that skank note and its a winner. I must say though that it doenst smell that sophisticated, it kinda smells a bit 'drugstore' to me. Dont know why.

viveka
viveka

It's a second-sighted love. First I smelled camfor and menth and - even though my boyfriend loved it - i decided *no*. Later i started to discover AouD as a pure magical scent. I always seek in perfumes something `else` - interesting, extravagant, fairytales. Ange ou Demon is sensual with demonic first-burst and angelic base. I love AouD for its beauty, outsider nature.
Intriguing and allure.
Cool bottle.

sofiii
sofiii

I loved Ange ou Demon Tendre, so I started to try out its big sister, now I adore Ange ou Demon :-)

Ange ou Demon is not the sterotype commercial so-sexy-and-seductive and you-have-to-notice hot devil, nor any pure innocent light floral anglic scent. I guess your imagination and your attitude will lead the perfume to work for you for the occasion.

Ange ou Demon is a little bit nutty and woodsy with the fresh, sweet and energising orange to start with. On my skin, it turns to be really similar to Dior Hypnotic Poison minuse the vanilla, but much elegant,fresh and with more optmistic energy. To me, this is a good thing, because the nutty taste from Dior Hypnotic Poison is just a little bit hard to handle sometimes.

Then the perfume gets sweeter(the fresh floral sweetness, not the caramel candy sweet), it emmits the innocent VS seductive impression, depends which way you want to look at it.

The dry down is kinda velvet, smooth, sexy and confident. The sensual tonka bean and subtle hint of vanilla together give me the happy, and know-what-I-want feeling.

Szonja
Szonja

Spices (I smell kinda bitter cinnamon) and citruses mixed with oriental floral accords, at first sniff nothing special, but smelling again and again it becomes mysterious. Classical, confident fragrance. Like the color-change of the bottle, soo pretty.

LenaBel
LenaBel

This one is warm and spicy, would be good for winter. And it is not for everyday.
The name "Angel or Devil" suits this perfume perfectly. At the beginning it is sharp and spicy but after couple of hours it is silky and almost sweet. This is a good fragrance but just not for me - i cant cope with the devil side of it :) but the dry down is lovely.

P.S. reminds me a bit of flower bomb. For me it is nothing like Kenzo flower as I have it and I know it very well

zvoncica
zvoncica

Has all the qualities for oriental floral: powdery, sweet, long lasting, warm. Above all mentioned impressed me with its strength, depth and mysterious darkness. For my taste this is 100%Demonic frag with no Ange illusions. If you`re looking for Ange go for Tendre version.

Not good choice for everyday wear cause it can be to much for people around you, go easy when applying it, and certainly not for use in warm weather.

I find some similarities with Armani Code, but Demon seeks much more self confidence from wearer and attracts other people attention with ease.

Devilish thing, handle with care.

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

i think it's a strong perfume for summer -maybe just for summer nights - i had this pfum since it was on the market and i can say i am bored of it....it's a beautiful perfume but not one that you will always l000ve ... it has something i can't stand after using this - intoxicating - u don t get to love the scent u will hate it

alef

It is one of my favorite summer perfumes... It gives me playful sense since the notes really swing between sin and innocense. I love it's warmth and tenderness. It reminds me on a delicious kiss after eating chocolate :))) My boyfriend was on a business trip. His hotel was next to a chocolatier. He told me that he missed me every minute since the street was smelling like me :))))

ESTM
ESTM

Like perfume's name has got two sides so it's smell is sweet and peppered.It is a perfume with strong character that makes you look like a cat and on the other hand like a bitch.

moonruby
moonruby

Rich, Raw, Hypnotic without being too cloying and suffocating.
Please Note - only spray once, cause this stuff lasts ages!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Omg i cant describe my love for this one,it was love at first smell!So sexy,dark and mysterious.Feel so seductive when i wear it and i think its good on my skin too.My perfect match,i will always have this in my collection..

Malegria
Malegria

I believe I left a review before, just can`t find it. It was not a nice one, mind you.I was extremely interested in thyme note, since I adore thyme and drink it as tea.
I tried it about 3 times and could not find anything alluring in it. It seemed to me heavy scent, almost decadent, may be even vulgar. I see the Demon, where`s the Angel? I only felt the scent of wilting lilies (and I have plenty in my garden, so I know the scent) and stale cookies (grandma was an expert on hoarding cookies and forgetting about them, LOL).The total impression was - warm,sneaky, degrading.Not for me!
But yesterday I figured it out. I got a sample with a purchase and accidentally splashed it all on myself (squished it too hard).Angry and bitter, getting ready for immediate migraine and saying a string of words most unbecoming to a lady, I sulkily went to bed.
I asked my husband`s opinion on it. He sniffed my wrist, said it`s okay, but he just can`t imagine me in it, that I have better ones. Satisfied, I fell asleep - I thought I am totally done with Ange ou Demon!
Well...in the small hours of very early morning my husband woke me up, saying I smell divine. He works hard and sleeps little and usually don`t waste his precious sleep hours on a chit chat like that! so I was, in a way, stunned!

I'm surprised by Ange Ou Demon. Prior to testing this fragrance I had assumed it was similiar or along the lines of Armani Code for women and Thierry Mugler's Angel, however I find it much softer and in some ways more mysterious.

Ange Ou Demon isn't as gothic and dark as the bottle seems to suggest. There's this undeniable softness and fragility which adds to this fragrance's allure.

The scent is light and 'fluffy', almost airy with subtle hints of spicyness, like pepper or thyme. There is also a distinctive powdery-like quality to Ange Ou Demon which is reminiscent of some classic aldehydic fragrances.

I enjoy Ange Ou Demon's spicy yet powdery scent, because like D&G for Women, this is a powdery fragrance that isn't sharp or soapy, instead it's inviting and sensual.

When applied with a light hand, (as one should always do), the sillage is just strong enough to capture the people that dare to come close. I particularly like this aspect because it certainly adds to this perfume's mysterious appeal.

Apart from the dominant notes of spices, florals and vanilla, I also sense a cinnamon note, which reminds me of Intimately Beckham Night, which is in some ways very similar to Ange Ou Demon.

I'd say the lasting strength of this scent is good, however I fear this fragrance will be reformulated soon due to the oakmoss component. I highly suggest you try this scent while it is still in its original formulation.

TJerria
TJerria

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE! The funny thing is is that when I first sprayed it the immediate thought in my mind was "OH NO!" but considering how I was in a position where I couldn't immediately wash it off I had to wear it and it is glorious. Glorious. I love how it captures you with the demon and gives you the angel later. WOW. I can't stop thinking about it. LOVE IT!

ymm
ymm

I'm sorry that I have to tell you that to me Ange ou Demon smells terrible. It's like dirty mud with a sweet touch, but not sweet enough to cover the bad bad vibes.
I can't stand it....

Girly T-Rex
Girly T-Rex

I got a free sample of Ange ou Demon today...I'm sniffing my wrist as I write this review and I cannot smell any of the notes in this one except the vanilla. All I smell on my skin is strong powder, powder, and more powder with maybe a hint of vanilla. It's making my stomache turn. Sorry, but I'm not a fan of this.

asia08368
asia08368

I love that fragrance! But when I smell that first, I think - ohh, it is awfull! but when I smell that later, I loved it! I think, that fragrance is specially for beautiful women, for evening. Fragrance for ME! I love it. And this beatiful bottle... :D

renneyg007

I presumed (wrongly) that this could be a signature scent for me. In its very early stages it smelt promising but on the dry down.....not good. Way too powdery, dark, musty and stale. Guess oakmoss and me just don't mix.

Aalia
Aalia

the opening is delicately spicy. the mandarin is lively, and the white cumin or thyme are mute. the saffron is a bit stronger, yet smooth and mellow. the lilly and orchid are a nice touch here, but are quickly taken over by the ylang ylang, wich is quickly taken over by the base notes of vanilla and tonka bean. the brazillian rose wood is not strong but provides some powdery feeling and some depth, and the oakmoss is imperceptible. for me, this perfume quickly trails off into a slightly sweet vanilla scent, and the other notes are too quiet and soft. there is not much variation to the scent, not much contrast to drum up fantasies of dual identity, or striking women who can act as an seraphim or a sucubus.

Strange scent, very hyped and marketed, it smells piney at first (thyme?), then strong fresh lily, then vanilla.
It gives a fresh/warm contrast, interesting, quite pleasant. It has a sexy edge but I'm not sure what note conjures this. It's more of an afrodisiac/attarction effect that all Givenchy's scent seem to have. This effect seems to be aimed more at the wearer than others and maybe work on both. There's just something...weird in these scents that basically helps any strong Givenchy's concoction to be pleasant even if it must be something that makes them smell dirty after a while or you sweat a lot.
ange ou Demon, all in all is a new originhal accord of thyme-tangerine-white lily (in Anais Anais style) and plain warm vanilla, same vanilla base as in Amarige, Organza and Very Irresistible. This is a scent that gives me an impression of trick, like something nice and strange mixed together, added with special ingredient and poured in a fancy aggressive dark sligthly tacky bottle with the usual "mysterious" blonde one who never says anything, just a knowing gaze ("I know that you wouldn't care, but I'm staring at you showing my bum, so you'll have to be interested") and the game is done!
I have many samples, I wear it sometimes, it's an ok fragrance for average mainstreet scent-wearing.

guest_Karina
guest_Karina

I have been wearing this fragrance since it was first introduced. I absolutely love it and so does everyone who smells it on me (including my man).

Traditionally I go for woodsy orientals, so it was a pleasant surprise for me to fall in love with a floral oriental. I would describe this fragrance as appropriate for a mature, sophisticated and confident woman - not mature in the sense of age but in style. Not unlike a dress that wears the woman instead of the woman wearing the dress, I think this is for a very specific type of woman or else the fragrance could wear her.

Ange ou Demon and Coco Mademoiselle are my two absolute go to fragrances. Highly recommend for the right woman!

fingerbibs
fingerbibs

I have worn this perfume for a very long time during the winter. It's a dark, strong, sensual scent. People remember this perfume and I've got a lot of compliments on it.
But you easily could get tired of it. I don't think I'll be wearing any time soon again, even though I enjoyed the time wearing it.

Annie_D
Annie_D

Powdery, dark, opulent, I am in love! The floral aspect is lovely the orchid and lily shine on me giving me a nice floral edge, then the tonka puts this lovely powdery scent into the concoction and makes it so desirable. I think it would be perfect for use on special occasions or at night. A great oriental floral that makes a statement but doesn't completely overpower everything.

I forgot to add that the EDP is a must, the EDT is too fresh and the wonderful powdery oriental floral notes are lost to a fresh water scent. The EDT doesn't hold a candle to the EDP.

veronique
veronique

This Creamy , powdery, sweet floral-oriental scent is very feminine, ideal for romantic occasions.
It has a strong accent, yet it is also very delicate.
Can be overpowering if too much is sprayed on.

sfsassy
sfsassy

I loved this when I had a small sample. It was so unusual and good. So I got a big bottle and it was so very awful on. Not sure what happened. But I got an instant headache. It was a scrubber.

katyas
katyas

The scent is strong, complex - yes there is powder there, but it doesn't cover up the various scents that pop up - it is such an exuberant scent. Hidden depths are revealed in random order, popping up first florals, then woods, then sort of a spicy vanilla. Eventually, after about 6 hours or so, it mellows out to a sweet sandalwoody/vanilla scent. I just adore it and I finally got a bottle (initially I just had a small sample in a pouch; and by the way, why do manufacturers put liquid perfume samples in a pouch like that? It's usually enough for 2 or 3 applications, but there is no way to save it in the pouch, so you end up either dowsing yourself or wasting the rest ...), which is a gorgeous thing in its own right.

megannsmom
megannsmom

Yes, this is a sweet scent; almost edible! But so intoxicating! The sweet can be over powering if you don't use this sparingly...one spritz and you are good to go. Full, rich, delicious and mysterious....FBW in every way!

mmizy
mmizy

i tested this perfume in nordstrom. Loved the notes the bottle and the name. Didnt love the perfume sadly. It smelled like something for an older woman in her fifties. Too heavy and the drydown was a little too sweet for my liking. I took the tester home and smell stood on the testing strip for like two days

dena2
dena2

I bought Ange ou Demon, of Rome.This perfume is absolutely excellent on the right person who's strongly feminine.
Is a refined, sophisticated yet deeply sensual,mysterious.

skylar
skylar

One of my favourite scents, quite controversial, most people either love it or hate it. I was pretty disappointed when I tested it for the first time, I thought it was awful, but when I came back home and it started to develop further I became crazy about it. It's very mysterious, although I hate mandarins their scent is very beautiful here, lily gives it somehow deadly feeling, it's a scent of an fallen angel, firstly very subtle then deep and dangerous. The incense also gives me the vibe of cemetery and graves or gothic. I wear it on special occasion and in winter, may be to heavy for everyday. True masterpiece! I like the fact that it's not classical or just "pretty", no one I know uses it and it probably won't get as popular as some scents (for example light blue), I like to smell unique.

tsofa
tsofa

I agree with XoxoL.o.V.e. I find this fragrance very unusual and mysterious too.

The lovely bottle and somehow the 'complex' scent makes it a special one. I like wearing it but my boyfriend doesn't seem to agree with my enthusiasm. He doesn't like it at all and he thinks that this is a fragrance a 60 year old lady should wear. I totally disagree with him (but still love him! LOL) because I believe that its 'eccentricity' makes it so unique amongst its olfactive group.

ferrari
ferrari

It is not my cup of tea. Sweet flowers abundantly covered ground black pepper.

michellehii
michellehii

I tried. I still don't know how it smelled, because the notes seems so different everytime i tried. The name said the attitude of this perfume. This is one perfume that I found unpredictable, mysterious, sexy, romantic and yet innocent and pure?! I'm feeling curious everytime i try. Curiosity makes me want to get a bottle for myself..lol! Not because I really love this perfume.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

I love everything about "Ange ou Demon". The sugar n' spice duality of the perfume is intriguing, and it persists well, "evolving" nicely as it wears. The woody base keeps it grounded, and the spicy kick keeps it from getting boring. All-in-all, a superb scent.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I notice something different every time I wear Ange our Demon. My first wearing brought an overpowering waft of florals that almost seemed too sweet, but gradually dried down to something a little more pleasant. The next wearing was all about the spicy notes. The next wearing, I detected a note I can't identify but that I have smelled in many men's colognes. This is truly one of the most unusual scents I have ever smelled, in the best possible way. It's like having three or four different perfumes available in a single bottle. Worth sampling if you love orientals, or florals, or spices, women's fragrances with a masculine dry-down, or. . . :-)

Editing to add that the persistence (la persistance) is great on this one, too. Even on my wrists, it lasted through an entire workday!

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I love this scent. I find it very different, and there's something very soothing about it too. Only thing is I absolutely hate the name. I don't like the reference to devils or demons.. To me, any association with that is sick, so I do wish they would have thought up a more intelligent name. Otherwise, I think it's very well done.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This one is strong, demanding and beautiful. It got me excited by it's sharpness. It's sexy and you can't decide is it lovely or that intoxicating. It is very aggressive on me in a way I like it. It's even more mean than Angel might be on someone (not on me). It's sweet in a gentle way and cruelly flowery. There is a note, I don't know what exactly, that smells like CH (Carolina Hererra) from the bottle.
Top notes are flowery nice sweet smelling, then it fades away and reveals strong spicy-flowery scent.
It reminds me of flats in city centre, where ceilings are high and intelligent people used to live. It invokes memory of my grand-grandma wearing art deco inspired dresses and hairstyle on old photos. It makes me think of lilies and gladiolus in vase on bound tablecloth. So nice perfume...
P.S. Bottle and the name is great!
I reached dry-down .... wow! I want this one now even more. It was one of the best...

Cherub573
Cherub573

I spritzed this on impulsively after first sniffing the bottle. It was a lovely floral with a slightly sweet edge. I enjoyed it for maybe a half hour tops before I noticed it had morphed into something pungent, and it was STRONG. I had only sprayed it once on one arm, and I could constantly smell the fragrance (I get nauseous wearing perfumes that I can smell constantly wafting around me nonstop for hours). After a couple hours of hoping it would turn into something pleasant, I gave up and tried to scrub it off with a sponge and dishwasher soap- no joke. Apparently it had soaked into my skin enough that this was a futile effort and I was stuck catching whiffs of the scent for several hours more. Doesn't work with my chemistry...

letestarr
letestarr

My world's favorite!(so is Armani Code)
the best smell ever! It gives me something, some feeling, it just makes me feel perfect always!
can't live without it!

Issveig
Issveig

I have to say that personally I expected a bit more from this perfume, as its name would suggests something really amazing.
The concept is great but it just doesn't work for me really. The fragrance starts a bit medicinal for me- it is really strong and nice for a couple of minutes but then it just fades into something too sweet and too average to turn somebody's head. There's something artificial in it that I can't stand.
I would expect something that starts really innocent & angelic and then turns into rich, dark and sensual drydown.

That's just my opinion but there's absolutely nothing mysterious or dark about it.

dani78
dani78

The love of my perfume life! I adore this scent!
When I put it on my skin for the very first time, I was completely disgusted. I thought that I have never smelled such an awful perfume. Then, maybe 5 minutes later, my senses went into an absolutely new world. I smelled the most gorgeous, sensual, attractive and alluring scent! Yes, it’s also deep, dark, seductive, mysterious and devilish. It’s not for a little, innocent and playful girl; this fragrance is for a woman who hides something gloomy in her eyes and something lustful in her soul. You must feel this scent with your inner world, not just to sniff it with your nose.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I have had this on for almost three hours now. First hour was strong - musky lilly, maybe some vanilla. I liked it a lot. It smelled 'almost innocent.'

Second hour the lillies completely disappeared, and a strange syrupy note took its place. I can't even explain it. Never smelled anything like it before. Thankfully it wasn't very strong.

Third hour? I can barely detect anything at all. It's like the perfume completely evaporated on my skin. I've heard from so many others that this is extremely long-lasting, so maybe I got a bad sample. I'll try it again at a future point and re-post if I have a different experience.

Allegra
Allegra

This perfume is absolutely excellent on the right person who's strongly feminine and sensual enough to match its dark, rich tones. That person would likely be a woman who dresses up in dark, gothic style. Can't see myself wearing Ange ou Demon because of its straightforward intensity and strongness; subtle is more of my game :)

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

I LOVE this perfume. It has a lovely floral scent with the lily running through it and the sweet note of the ylang ylang dancing alongside it. That said, it is not merely a floral because it has a sexy undercurrent that makes itself known immediately with the rosewood, vanilla and oakmoss. I like the concept of having an innocent scent mingling with a sexy, 'darker' one and I think this one pulls it off beautifully. Also, this one stays so long on the skin. I applied this perfume well over 12 hours ago and it still smells beautiful.

I should add that I do think that overapplying this perfume would be a mistake. It's strong and could easily be overbearing. But applied with a light hand, this is a perfume that is very sexy and would be great for a night out with that special person.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

White light/smoke darkness, this bottle deserves a more evocative perfume. Ange ou Demon certainly isn't offensive - the top notes create a slightly grapefruit meets lily effect on my skin without being too sharp, and the heavier notes bring out the demon long before the angel materialises in a trail of faint talc. Clean, pleasant, inoffensive... it's a strangely ordinary perfume for a name promising such extremes. I can take or leave it.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

A very sexy and alluring scent - dark, unique and long-lasting. I really love the vanilla trail in this one.

XSX
XSX

The name definitely suits the product. Somehow it is a perfume that you love and hate at the same time, or like it for a while then get sick of it, then like it all again. It is both gentle, warm and gourmand, as well as too heavy, sickening and nasty. It does to a certain level remind of Angel, but it's not a copy of it.
I think I would definitely like it more if it held some freshness, citrus or floral, in it.

Silvery
Silvery

Gorgeous bottle, attention-grabbing advertisement, famous house... and a hmm... not very good perfume. I tried it yesterday on my skin, at first it seemed to be pretty fine, but the more time passed, the more annoying it got. There's a displeasing note in it, which gives the impression of being unbalanced and cheapsmelling for me, ruining the whole scent. Personally I don't like this one, and it's definitely not for teenagers, maybe it would fit better more mature women. Well, I'll give a chance to the tendre edition.

Fairy
Fairy

this is one of my fav perfume.. it sweet smell when i first spray to my hand... and the rest i feel flowery...
i think this is good perfume to wear occasionally or in winter or at nite.....
love this... =))

charmian
charmian

Forgive me, amateurs of this perfume... For me, it is so disbalanced, so strange and sad.... If somebody use Ange ou Demon, I suddenly begin to think about the burials....
When it rains, Ange ou Demon smells like the rotted fruit, covered with sugar pouder. Terrible.....

elgab89
elgab89

I cannot decide myself if I like this or not. Well, I guess this is the idea of this perfume, and like the name suggests it, whenever I smell it there is a terrible fight in my head.
My Angel is saying; it is warm and sweet and vanilla white
Then the little Devil on my left shoulder goes: Hahaha! Gotcha! Let me send you some poisonous substance your way with these deep and dark flowers I have!
I guess it is brilliant coming up with a scent like this - neither good or evil. But I could not make myself buy it, as I cannot decide which side to take :)

Oxygene
Oxygene

This perfume reminds me of my grandma. We are walking beside an old fence... the sun shines on the amber... half memory, half dream. Strange... Maybe the thyme, I dont know.

Hecate
Hecate

The perfums start sweet en powdery and later one it has a warm, woody feeling.
It reminds me also of my insolence except for the raspberry note.
If you like powdery perfums from Kenzo, you might enjoy this one too.

proly
proly

It's very creamy and powdery to start off, and slowly but surely drys to a nice breezy, floral, scented woodsy base note... good enough for me to request a 2nd bottle.The bottle design has to be one of the best female ones around, very dark and almost sinister, which ironically fits the oxymoron name given to it. The scent is very "angelic" and one may get fooled by its bottle design to be something sharp and overly herbal.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

A beautiful rich and mysterious scent. The name fits it perfectly. Ange ou Demon definitely has two different personalities. Its sweet & innocent, yet there is something different... intoxicating and sinful.

The citrus, floral & vanilla scents smell amazing. It's a comforting scent, yet energizing.

Angel or Demon? Both definitely, and that's how I like it!

Nazireh
Nazireh

I think it's is a refined, sophisticated yet deeply sensual. I like the duality in this one, there's a pleasantly tangy first part that melts seemsly into a dark sensual rich base. I love the design of the bottle too, and it's definitely a romantic nocturnal scent.

Giv1952
Giv1952

the lily note and ylang - ylang is so noble, soothed by vanilla. a long lasting fragrance. It's atract people secretly

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

Well..for me it's nothing special. But i have no regret have bought it though..It's nothing special but it has sweet classical tone in it. I wear it occasionally

Nuppu
Nuppu

Afraafra, I think it is. It seems to be more appropriate name in some countries, example in Arab Emirates where was no "demons", only "entrange" in hot, new Givenchy fragranse.

Marianne
Marianne

That's funny - in the beginning, it reminded me of soap, too. But I quite like it now and especially on cold, rainy days, it makes me feel comfortable.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

It's indeed a sexy perfume, mystic and sensual. However, I didn't find it all that unique, it smells similar to Boucheron Trouble, without the citrus, which reminds me also of Hypnose (like lilybee mentioned), but not as powdery. At the moment I have it on my skin, and I can smell both sides: dark and light, angelic and evil. It's nice, I understand the concept. It's a perfect idea, how the incredible contrast of two things can work together so perfectly.

When I first put it on my skin, I smelled nothing but soap. I hated it. The more I wore it, the more I love it! The soapiness went away. The dry down reminds me of Armani Code, but not as dark. (Armani Code is my all-time favorite). I smell a lot of florals, not sure which ones, but very beautiful ones. It must be the lily. I now want this!

rebella
rebella

I´ve tried yhis one today. And now I know for sure that I have to buy it... as soon as possible. My husband liked it to. We both found it personal, sensual, exotic and exclusive.

My biggest problem is that when I buy a new perfume, I have discovered at least a coupple of new perfumes that I must have. But it is a nice problem. ;)

lillybee
lillybee

I've samples of this scent. It's powerful lily notes give it an almost black allure, gothic, very dark, yet sweet, sensual. There's also some nice vanilla lingering there which softens it a bit. When I get a waft of this undertone, it reminds me of 'Hypnose' from Lancome which is more popular than ever. I smell people wearing it (or something similar to that) on the streets of London almost every day. I'm not really into this scent but I can imagine it on dark haired women with pale skin tone wearing it for a passionate night in / out. It can wear the nose out though. Would be interesting to know what men think of it when their lady's wearing it.

2007

Ange ou Demon by Givenchy 3.54 out of 5 based on 3003 ratings and 367 user reviews

Eau De Toilette 1oz
Ange Ou Demon Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Ange Ou Demon Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
ANGE OU DEMON for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
ANGE OU DEMON for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Ange Ou Demon Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Diamantissime Edition with Swarovski Crystallized Elements for Women
Gift Set 1.7oz
Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 1.7 fl oz
Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 1.7 fl oz
Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Eau De Parfum Intense Spray 30ml 1oz
Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Eau De Parfum Intense Spray 30ml 1oz
Ange Ou Demon Tender Perfume by Givenchy, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
ANGE OU DEMON for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ TESTER
Givenchy 'Ange ou Demon' Eau de Parfum Spray 3.3 oz
Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz Body Veil 100ml 3.3oz Pouch 2pcs 1pouch

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Ange ou Demon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Ange ou Demon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ange ou Demon by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ange ou Demon by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.