Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Givenchy for women
dislike

I have it: 347 I had it: 104 I want it: 479 My signature: 16

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Givenchy for women Videos
Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Givenchy for women Pictures

Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Elixir is a deeper, richer and more sensual version which reportedly brings seductiveness of the original to its climax.

The composition is a floral with a bitter beginning and a wooden background of patchouli. It opens with freshness of Italian lemon, green tea and neroli. The heart is made of white flowers such as Sambac jasmine, orange blossom and frangipani. The base notes are vanilla, patchouli, cedar and white musk.

The face of the fragrance is an American actress Uma Thurman, and the campaign is shot by Mario Testino. Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Elixir is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDP.

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir was launched in 2011.

Neroli Amalfi Lemon Tea

Jasmine African Orange flower Frangipani

Musk Patchouli Virginia Cedar Vanille

Ange Ou Demon Le Secret
Alien Sunessence EDT Legere
Hot Couture

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Fragrance Reviews

Sylvie-Aus

I love this Purple gem ! I admit , it is more a passionate adoration ! i have quite a few perfumes , this one is my baby, wear it all year long too. I get a lot of frangipani, which I love of course, and this freshness , just wonderful .

llburris
llburris

I have loved Ange ou Demon le Secret for many years. Great sillage and lasting power.....just a wonderful fragrance. I tried this one today expecting greatness as well. Although I smells nice it is so weak. I'd have to bathe in this stuff to get close to where I'd want to be. I definitely will not purchase again :o(

Eesa
Eesa

I wore this perfume almost daily for 5 months or so before I branched out to other perfumes and started my collection. Honestly, I would be OK if I had never branched out to other perfumes. This scent is just that good. I recently left a scathing review for Alfred Sung Jewel, a white floral which I cannot stand since it smells like ONLY white flowers.

This perfume is what a white floral should be, in my opinion. This perfume is sweet, floral, and musky in a perfect combination. The white floral is not overpowering since it is tempered by the musk, vanilla, cedar, patchouli, and tea. It is a magical and perfect combination. I wore this to work every day, and one of my pharmacy technicians was ALWAYS saying how wonderful I smelled and trying to stand near me for her "aromatherapy"!

It is definitely a perfume which will get you noticed and get you compliments. I find it still unique among scents I have smelled. It is my signature scent and I don't know if that position will ever be supplanted.

blue_belle
blue_belle

Apparently I had a test vial of this stashed away somewhere--what a beautiful strong tea note on top! I love drinking it so the smell is very soothing to me. With the neroli it's almost herbal: not what I expected at all from reading about the original.

The flowers at the heart are really nice and creamy, and the tea note lingers and blends with them beautifully. I expected it to be a little sweeter because of the frangipani but it actually settles down into a musky, creamy, sexy floral with just a touch of patchouli. Interestingly that tea top note hangs on my skin much longer than expected, making this just that much more special. I love it!

ETA: I put this on before bed, and nine hours later it's still going strong. It's also in the most beautiful cedar/vanilla/musk drydown I think I've ever smelled on myself. I'm really going to have to get a bottle.

Sylvie-Aus

Every time I wear this, I get this overwhelming bubblegums craving ! You know those huge pink one, we used to chew on in the 70's . Don't get me wrong I love my ange ou demon (purple version), but the first 20 minutes, it's this bubblegums frenzy, straight down the memory lane and strangely enough, an experience I enjoy greatly . Well, it is said that scents can triggers memories, goes figure that one ! The dry done is warms and luxurious !

maianh83
maianh83

If you use organic extra virgin coconut oil to moisture your face and body skin ( or at least places on your skin where you spray perfume ) then you can make your Perfume last much much longer.
Last time I massaged my face and body with organic extra virgin coconut oil then left it in for 15 minutes before I washes it out preparing for a date out with bf, and then I sprayed Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir on ( from the vial ) and it really lasted 26 hours ! I could still smell it very srong for the first 10 hours !
Before that, I had sprayed AoD LSE from the tester at some mall without moisturing my skin with organic extra virgin coconut oil, it could only last 15 hours and completely disappeared.

rziotti
rziotti

The fragrance its very good, but not long lasting , its poor and sillage its soft, because this, i dont like. You pay not cheap and not realy have a long lasting fragrance. Its the seconde time,that arrive this with a givenchy. I am disappointed whit this.
I bought the The Bouquet Absolut and the same, very good smell but poor. By the way this frangrance of Ange ou demon le secret elixir its remember a lot the bouquet. I dont now wicht one, its first, but are similar. My note for ange ou demon le secret elixir its 7/10, just because longevity.
Fragrance for me remember its very grape, and sweet.

missgeschick
missgeschick

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir is one of my big loves. There are only few perfumes I was able to use up a large bottle and don't feel surfeited. This is one of them. I admit it has similarities with Le Secret EdP and also Alien EdT (which I love both). However it's an independent scent that smells like sugary fruit tea with a slice of lemon. The sweetness isn't overwhelming but rather sensual.
It's my year-round fragrance, suitable for every weather and daytime, for work and evening. This perfume fits every situation and mood I can think of. Its only deficit is its longevity so spray generously.

Honney
Honney

This is pure art. Mysterious and seductive, yet romantic and playful. There's something extravagant and dark about this scent. It's not for everyone, exactly because of it's two faces that only certain women can handle. I feel it's perfect for passionate and brave but romantic women with that 'Snowhite' look. The bottle design and the name describe it perfectly. Staying power is amazing too. Bravest and best creation from Givenchy.

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

A year ago, while out sniffing I happened by this little beauty in Ulta. I seem to be very attracted to purple bottles and so naturally I picked this up and BAM! fell instantly in love! Now, what I THOUGHT I was smelling was something fresh, yet sultry. The initial blast, to me is very...well purple! I very much get that sweet grape soda people are talking about which isn't so much as the smell but the experience of grape soda. Sweet, tangy, and effervescent. Young, and playful. On the dry down it went into a woodsy musk with a hint of floral. When I went home that day I got on here and checked the notes. Tea and lemon?! HUH?! I HATE lemon! But maybe this is a case of my brain perceiving what it SHOULD smell like because of the bottle. I have since tested this as often as I can and I still get the range of emotion, opening with a refreshing cold glass of grape soda on a hot day, to something like walking around a tropical garden, still sipping that glass of soda and falling into a warm summer evening of humid musky woods, while watching the fireflies. I ADORE this fragrance and have thought about it for a year! I never bought it because it was so expensive and now they have discontinued it. So this morning I ordered it online (discount website) and finally, she will be mine!!

I am a big fan of the original Le Secret and I must admit these two have some similarities. Still, I love the original one, it's tenderness and modest beauty. But this one I like.
It has a little more "demon" in it than the original. Something more strong. I think neroli and musk give it a strong aroma.
It also doesn't remind me of spring like the original Le secret does.
I find it beautiful anyway. If there was no Le secret, this one would be my favorite.

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

De inicio huele a uva con neroli y azahar, muy cítrico, luego se impone el azahar y el jazmín, los dos juntos, y la uva; se siente un aroma amaderado (ha de ser el cedro combinado con el pachuli) y un toquecito de vainilla y té, aunque es dulce se siente muy fresco y muy femenino.

No dice nada de la uva, pero ahí esta, de principio a fin, a veces se nota más, a veces menos.

Algunos dicen que es de uso nocturno, pero no se, a mi me ha gustado mucho para el día a día.

Su duración es de más de 10 horas y su estela de alta a moderada.

novembertea
novembertea

I adore this fragrance, but it simply did not last more than 3 hours or so on me. Can't justify the price!

Initially I smell grape - but then it becomes a sweet vanilla musky floral. Sillage was ok on me.

Luthien999
Luthien999

Elegant scent indeed. Tea, jasmine, lemon and other ingredients make an elegant composition of this scent. Although, longness could be better...By the way, I like the bottle as well.

sophisticated
sophisticated

how can i describe this perfume into words? i wore it to an occasion once and one guy asked me what it was to buy it for his wife! well, if he wants his wife to smell like this, that means the effect this perfume had on him was pretty good i might say :D ; it's so gorgeous and "l'ingrédient secret" for a good time

Skye Wortley
Skye Wortley

This perfume is fabulous! I got this as a tester bottle, and as soon as I sprayed it on, I wanted to buy a full-sized bottle. It's fresh and sweet at the same time, and very alluring!

A floral fruity scent, with some woodiness in it. It's sweet, but not the cheap candy kind of sweet - the sweet note is mostly floral (jasmine, orange blossom and neroli) and very elegant.

It starts off with fresh, tart citrusy notes, but after around 5 minutes, the citrus is softened by sweet orange blossom, jasmine and woods. I could also smell some aromatic tea, and the base is mainly soft and sweet vanilla.

The sillage and longevity are great; it's not too overpowering and lasts for quite long. I think it's a scent for any time of the day, but I think it's mostly for night-time. I love this scent, and I strongly recommend it!

It was one of few scents I decided to buy almost instantly, I mean: not more than 10 minutes after first try. It smelled soooo good on me!
Neroli, lemon and tea make very interesting connection, fresh & powerful, mysterious, feminine, boudoir.
Then, jasmine takes over, and scent is more flowery, totally charming, like elixir of love. Later, vanilla base gives cosy warmness and pleasure. Perfect scent for cold weather.

peferrarine

Picture a table, covered in a nice white lace cloth. On the top of it, there's a nice lemon and vanilla cake, with a sweet lemony frosting. Besides the cake there's a nice tall glass of green tea with ice. The table is in a garden filled with white flowers blossoming, and surrounded by orange trees.

I love it. My only concern is the color of the bottle, cause i could be a little misleading. The purple gives a more dark sweet look than it really is.

Is sweet, but very well balanced with the citrus side. The Lemon and the flowers are great together, and in the background you can smell the green tea leaves.
It's a bit synthetic, cause it doesn't smell like anything in particular, but it does not take it's quality. It's strong and have a good fixation. The sillage is kinda modest, but not disappointing.
It got that creamy thing, like a lemony syrup.

Gives the sense of a strong person, but soft on the outside. Someone who doesn't have to be aggressive to be heard.

Love it.

I found it nice, but I didn't take to it really..maybe something a bit sharp, or synthetic in the mix, so I like it, but I wouldn't purchase it really...I prefer the Poesie version, which is softer, and rounder..Elixir is a tad too much of something..

Rasyima Ghazali

I got the sample frm SA while buying the lipgloss frm Givenchy. At 1st i was confused. Now im revisiting the miniature again. Im in love. In love enough to buy full size. Its fall into my category fr a frag. Its fresh sensual, class not too sweet yet not too fresh. This is my very 1st frag frm the house of Givenchy.

ADCout
ADCout

Ange ou Dèmon Le Secret Elixir is a perfume that has everything to be considered dark and powerful: the name, the bottle, the marketing. Except the notes. And the smell follows the same rule.

It starts out very fresh and citric, being the sweet lemon very predominant, accompanied by aromatic tea and refreshing neroli. As soon as it develops, jasmine takes its place, and now it's definitely the main note. I also detect orange blossom, although I can't really say I smell frangipani. The drydown is basically the same, although this time vanilla does a subtle presence until the end of this perfume. There's no patchouli for me.

My mother doesn't like strong perfumes nor too sweet ones. She bought this one, which is supposed to be an Eau de Parfum Intense, and we all associate Elixir with more gourmand, vanilla-ambery feels to the original.

Well, it's definitely a tad sweeter than the original Ange ou Dèmon Le Secret, but not what I expected from an Elixir version.

While it's not a bad perfume by any means, it actually is really more than pleasant, it's well made and really good regarding this type of group (citric tea vanillas), it lacks that dark more ambery feel I like and expect from a stronger version. I wish it was darker and stronger.

It lasts for about 7-8 hours and has a moderate-high sillage during the entire process of the fragrance.

There are comparisions between this one and Alien, and actually there are similarities between them, except the fact that the last one is much stronger.

The good thing about this perfume is that it really is versatile: I would use it in about any season, except really hot summer days, and it's good for day-night events, as well as for the office.

It's a really good work by Givenchy, I just don't think the name and concept are appropriated for the smell.

BRIECHEESE1188
BRIECHEESE1188

This smells like a dozen other sweet floral body sprays I've smelled over the years from Walmart, Victoria's Secret, etc. Not offensive to the nose by any means, but definitely nothing striking or memorable for me. Perhaps my 16-year-old sister will appreciate this more...

tazzij
tazzij

I ordered this as a sample spray by accident (I was looking for the original) and when I took it out of the envelope, I was hit with a heavy floral scent. I'm not usually a huge fan of florals so I was a little scared but I sprayed it to see how it reacts with my body. As soon as I rubbed it in, the floral scent almost disappeared. It turned into a very soft powdery sweet cedar. It's definitely feminine and gentle, and stayed that way for a few hours. The scent didnt change on me, but simple faded away. While I wouldn't buy it again, it's not bad if you're a fan of florals!

peferrarine

I think people should stop comparing Le Secret Elixir with the original Ange ou Demon. The Elixir is a flanker from Le Secret (which is a totally different fragrance compared to the original Ange ou Demon, although it's the same name).

If you want to expect something from Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Elixir, don't do it having the original one as a start. Expect something having the Le Secret as a basis.

arxsyn
arxsyn

It is a very alluring warm, sweet yet fresh smell. Delicious! Like an orange creamsicle, the kind with vanilla icecream encased in fruity orange shell. All thanks to vanilla, creamy jasmine, green tea, citrus and orange blossom water. Neroli and jasmine lend a tropical background. There is quite a bit of vanilla that lends just a hint of powder.

All in all this scent reminds me of Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Lauder Pleasures, Clinique Happy, Armani Code for Women....

I dont think this is an intense scent. Doesn't project too too much

mozzaa
mozzaa

I've had this one for a while now- and I really like it- but for some reason find it a bit heavy for daily wear. Today, I decided to wear it. I've always been trying to figure out why it smells so familiar. Just right now after smelling my wrists I know where the familiarity stems from- it's very similar to Thierry Mugler's Alien. However, it's easier on the nose- not as domineering. Think of it this way- Alien is the dominatrix sister oozing sex--whereas Ange ou Demon le Secret Elixir is the goody goody- sweet, nice, and demure younger sister.

Sofy888
Sofy888

Sensual sexy girly)I like thif smell of fresh jasmine and tea
Lignt, for everyday wear

arwen38
arwen38

I received three samples from Macy's. I have to admit, I was a little turned off by the initial blast of Jasmine. Although I do enjoy Jasmine sometimes if it's too strong I get strong headaches.

I'm wearing it today and was very close to washing it off. I'm glad I read the reviews. I waited about one hour and to my surprise...I love it! What a sweet and feminine scent.

Inesis
Inesis

Oh gosh I love this. Such a gorgeous, dark, oriental smell. Chypre floral? What? I definitely can't see that. To me this is oriental floral. Period.

This fragrance changes so many times, it's amazing! At first it is very strong oriental, then it mellows down to something sweet (I smell berries, weird) and the end of the frag is just pleasant vanilla with some oriental elements with it. It has so easily noticeable stages!

One might think that Le Secret Elixir being the intense version and all it would be a powerhouse, but it isn't. The sillage is quite moderate and it lasts on me five hours, not trough the workday. Sad.

Anyway, this is great! It definitely became one of my favorites, even if it was an impulse buy. A lucky one!

kikiena01
kikiena01

I have to have this one! Perfect sweet/warm scent full of jasmine, citruses and green tea perfect for cold weather. Lovely and magical.

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

perilandia
perilandia

In my skin I find this fragrance in the same line as Kenzo amour florale or miss dior cherie l eau
Its fresh and smell like jasmine with green tea

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

When I first tested on the paper, it was more like citrus and woody floral. I liked it but was not impressed. Then I accidently got a sample, and I must say it's much better on skin because the vanilla base was missing on the paper.

I can pick jasmin, tea, lemon, vanilla and patchouli notes. I didn't have grape/bubblegum like some previous reviews. The first hour reminds me of Alien EDP mainly because of rather intensive jasmin, but they smell absolutely different. After 3 or 4 hours it makes me think of Kenzo Amour maybe due to woody-vanilla base. Overall it's a powdery-sweet scent but well balanced with citrus and woody notes. It's not too sweet and kind of fresh. The drydown vanilla blended with tea and other woody notes is very comforting. It's sensual and still fresh. The sillage is close to skin and the longevity is about 7 or 8h. I don't think I'll purchase it right away. But I like it. Maybe I'll wait for a bargain.

I can pick jasmin, tea, lemon, vanilla and patchouli notes. I didn't have grape/bubblegum like some previous reviews. The first hour reminds me of Alien EDP mainly because of rather intensive jasmin, but they smell absolutely different. After 3 or 4 hours it makes me think of Kenzo Amour maybe due to woody-vanilla base. Overall it's a powdery-sweet scent but well balanced with citrus and woody notes. It's not too sweet and kind of fresh. The drydown vanilla blended with tea and other woody notes is very comforting. It's sensual and still fresh. The sillage is close to skin and the longevity is about 5 or 6h. I don't think I'll perchase it right away. But I like it. Maybe I'll wait for a bargain.

modesti.blaise.5
modesti.blaise.5

It was simply love at first "spray" :-)
fresh and (a)live!!

I thought I was crazy, but I see others get a grape-y opening with this. Like grape soda. It's so bizarre. 10 seconds later I mostly smell lemon, tea and cedar. Somewhat bitter with creamy (not indolic) white florals.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

Went sniffing today and the SA suggested I try this. I'm not a big Givenchy fan. I haven't had much luck with that house since the 80's early 90's. Anyway, I have not tried any of the previous versions of Ange ou Demons so I can't compare it to those. I was expecting by the name a dark mysterious scent. On the test strip it was fresh and inviting. The white flowers, citrus and tea were quite apparent but grounded. On my skin . . . all I got was green pine needles and cedar forest. About an hour or so later . . . I smelled my wrist and it was lovely. The cedar forest had taken a back seat and allowed the florals, freshened by the citrus and tea come forward and other notes play together in a very cooperative way. It was then that I wished I hadn't decided to used my Sephora gift card for something else. But I REALLY dont need another frag . . . !!! Yeah right . . . LOL

rooa
rooa

I bought it because I thought it was a stronger version of AD Le Secret (wich I love) but the sillage is soft. After this I am not going to buy another one.

I forgot that this fragrance was a flanker of Ange ou Demon Le Secret. As a result, I spent the first few hours wondering why Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir wasn't a stronger, more vanillary version of Ange ou Demon. I have now come to the realisation that I'm an idiot.

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir is a dark, yet surprisingly fresh tea scent. I don't find it all that sensual, however it does have a rather mysterious feel. It's a good choice for a warm night spent outdoors.

To my nose, this isn't an overly complex scent. I smell watery tea, dewy jasmine, a hint of lemon, musty patchouli and white musk. Unfortunately I could not detect the sweetness that some have noted in their reviews. It was just a fresh, green jasmine-tea scent on my skin.

It's a much stronger scent when compared to the original Ange ou Demon Le Secret. The projection is pleasing without being too overpowering. The longevity is not bad either.

If you already own Ange ou Demon Le Secret, there isn't any reason to go out and buy Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir too. They are quite similar, the only difference being, this version has a richer patchouli accord in the base and stronger sillage.

kristinka.87
kristinka.87

What can i say about my personal taste...I just go crazy about all the sweet-woodsy scents that are loud and become memorable ( in a good way:P )
My all time favourite fragrances are
Dior Addict(the old version) and Hypnotic Poison by Dior.
Now Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Givenchy is a part of this sexy TRIO! I could never imagine that one day i'm gonna like the smell of JASMINE...! But in this perfume it opens as a masterpiece!
My only concern is its longevity power (4-5 hours on my skin)
It is written in the description that this fragrance is green,fresh,citrus...don't get any of this notes...
To me it is sweet-powdery,woodsy white floral!
P.S. The original Ange ou Demon Le Secret is very citrusy and green! That's why i don't like it...:)))

jfps1975
jfps1975

I am very disappointed with this variation! It smells excessively powdery and sweet on me...and I despise that type of fragrance! I do not get any of the wonderful notes that drove me to make this purchase. I had a sample of it recently and was very fond of it so I'm not sure if perhaps it's my body chemistry that's changed. In any case, I have a 95% full bottle of the 100ml if anyone is interested in a trade. I am hoping to find someone that has a bottle of the regular Le Secret but I'm open to any trade proposal.

Please PM me if you're interested or email me @ jfps1975@yahoo.com

Happy New Year!

dinh.ng.quynh
dinh.ng.quynh

Definitely a mix of naughty and nice; seduction and innocence. I love how the perfume starts off citrousy and clean. It smells better on the skin than on the test paper for me.

sweetmisslaura
sweetmisslaura

When I smelled this I smelled a little grape not a whole lot like everyone else was saying, I smelled more citrusy smells and floral, it is strong so you really only need to use like two sprays. But I love it and have the large bottle, but because of our pheromones its not really going to smell the same on everyone.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I can't make heads or tails of the description listed here. I tried it out in store and wore it around the mall for a few hours. Ugh. I am NOT getting white flowers with citrus. I'm getting Dimetapp. I'm not impressed. It figures that the one that smells medicinal lasts twice as long as anything I like--it's not going away.

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

While I love the smell of Frangipani and neroli (they're one of my two favourite scents in the whole world), this smelled like my evergreen scented candle mixed with dark tea. So overwhelming and definetely not for me. :(

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Hmmm how does this end up smelling like Cacharel Liberte when it features no oranges and the patchouli is very faint? I see people rating the jasmine as really strong as well. Is this some kind of magic? so odd. Can someone tell us more about how the 2 perfumes compare?

Paulascs
Paulascs

The lemon at the beginning is very intense and the vanilla drydown is subtle and delicate. A lovely contrast!

princesita25
princesita25

Well the secret is how this perfume adapts on you. It really smells different when sprayed on paper and when you test it on yourself, but this is definitly my personal favorite. Makes you feel sexy and very feminine...My husband loves it!!!

pinkdots41
pinkdots41

I absolutely love this perfume and female tend to love it on me, however, males tend to think this smells terrible. I'm assuming it's the Jasmine scent, but I'm not sure.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Jasmine Tea, relaxing and comfortable..

On my skin this is too flowery all what I can smell is jasmine tea .. and a lemony dry down .. NOTHING LIKE ALIEN ..

I am disappointed my hopes was so high for this .. it's nice but not my cup of tea :(

Renate79
Renate79

I looove it! If you are a fan of Alien you will definitely have a crush for this one too. Le Secret Elixir it's sexy & feminine, perfect for a night out with your friends or when you're goin' on a date.:) Fantastic sillage and lasting power, in my opinion this is the best version of Ange ou Demon. I'm very happy I received a 100ml bottle from a friend.:D

suppie
suppie

I think I've fallen in love with this scent! This screams 'sexy date night with my man' and then some. Every note works so well with each other in this perfume.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

How is it sugar is not listed among the notes?
On my skin it was the most prominent note.

People compare this fragrance to Alien by Thierry Mugler, and they are right at a certain point. Ange ou Démon Le Secret Elixir (what a name, a flanker to a flanker) does contain the white florals, amped up to the "grape soda" degree of Alien, sprinkled with bright and shiny citrusses.
Only, someone slipped while adding some sugar to the grape soda and the whole pot was dunked in. AoD Le Secret Elixir is SO SWEET! My teeth started aching spontaneously.
My boyfriend found it too sweet as well and when I mentioned sugar he immediately agreed with me and got his share of spontaneous tooth ache.
If there is anything secret about this fragrance it must be the patchouli-vanilla-cedar base. I just never got there and scrubbed AoD Le Secret Elixir of my skin before the vapors started eating holes in my teeth.
Definetly not for me.

napiergirl
napiergirl

Love the orginal Ange ou Demon ..le secret was fine but too much green tea for my taste ,but this is a perfect combo of the ultra sexy orginal but with a lighter and more summery twist . Love it !fresh , flirty ,youthful but no age barrier here ,give it a go if you loved the orginal but want a summer version !

delphine67
delphine67

I dont like this scent, it has to much frangipani for my taste. I cant take white flowers like gardenia, tuberose or frangipani in a scent. They make me always nauseous. Its a very soft white flower scent

aqua76239
aqua76239

Reviews seem to be totally divided on this-some people say its citrusy and floral, and some say its smells like dark fruit and vanilla. I didn't check the notes before I sampled it at Sephora but right away I thought "grape" or some kind of other dark fruit with patchouli and hints of florals at the opening. IT smelled unique enough for me to ask for sample and now that I have it and I read the notes, I still can't smells lemons and it rather smells like licorice with grapes, to my nose, with just a hint of floral. To my eternal dissapointment, the lasting power is weak and there is nothing intense about this scent. When I was at Sephora I sprayed several scents on paper strips and this one dissappeared first, in less than 1 hour.
My verdict after wearing it for a day? Its "ok". I find it rather unique but not quite to my taste and of course, lasting power leaves a lot to be desired.

syarashin
syarashin

Oh great. Got a headache once I spritz it at my wrist. To my nose, it's too green (or maybe on my skin). I find it not too bad (or nice) when sniffed straight from the bottle.

Honestly I don't even know how Amalfi lemon smells (or tastes) like but this is just too bitter for my taste. Is it just me or it's the chemistry with my skin? I was convinced by the rating given to this elixir but, sorry, no, I'm not one of those impressed with this. Am now in the minority. lol

Where is jasmine? I thought it would lower down the bitter smell of the lemon (or maybe anything else inside Le Secret). No, my nose couldn't detect it.

It's fresh, but definitely not for me. :(

mzilles
mzilles

Bashe--

Through my research I've found that Ange ou Etrange is another name for Ange ou Demon in countries that may find the word "demon" offensive or questionable.

Morgan

shamfa
shamfa

both me and my mom love this one... it lasts so long and it smell so fresh and feminine ..... i feel like a million bucks when im wearing it :D

bashe
bashe

hm, is it only me? I think that all the dark violet perfumes have something in common...they all remind me of alien - t. mugler...anyway, secret elixir isn´t my favourite among givenchy´s collection, but I´ve just ordered it...because I probably change my mind when winter comes - to something more heavy and sweet..:)

rita.m
rita.m

رائحته جميله جدا جدا وقوية

تبقى على البشرة لمدة تقارب ال 6 ساعات

woodbines
woodbines

Like a few others who have reviewed this perfume, I too smelled grapes (like an artifical concord grape-y note that you might find on a child's scented toy)! The scent is very sweet to me, cloy and sticky. On me, the jasmine overwhelms the composition of the fragrance. I only could make out a few notes--the lemon, then jasmine, and the artifical grape (is this the frangipani? It has been a while since I smelled plumeria to know if it's this). I wore it in the evening, and it stuck around all night with a fair sillage; I didn't have to smoosh my nose into my arm to smell it. I'm really on the fence about liking it. I can tolerate it, but I don't think I'd miss it if it disappeared from my collection.

shinelle_b
shinelle_b

I have to admit, I was attracted to this one because the name intrigued me.... I was not dissapoined. It is so soft and beautiful. It lasts about 6-7 hours. I've recieved nothing but compliments while testing this one out... and my husband makes every excuse possible to sniff me :)

Merlinrumpel
Merlinrumpel

A salesman let me try it, he try to sell me this one insted of Euphoria Ck or Narciso Rodriguez for her, he said this was a more young and actual scent. he wasnt wrong it is for a younger target but Didnt smell like those other two at all. This fragance smell like pear gum to me. the lasting power is good and has a nice bottle. You should try before buy it.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

i tried the elixir, the orignal AoD and the AoDLS. this came out tops even though it smells different from the original AoD. It's elegant, sweet flowers. Nothing too complex. It however reminds me too much of YSL Parisienne hence why I haven't bought it yet. But the thought is there...lurking and hinting at me, i guess that's why it's called AoD.

Xanovia
Xanovia

My wife and I sampled this this other day... Personally I think (and she agreed...) it smells like a pack of Fruit Stripe Gum... I'm not talking generic bubble gum... No... Not that... I'm talking Fruit Stripe Gum... You all remember... The gum that tastes wonderful for 10 seconds... Then the flavor is gone... Yeah... That stuff... But unlike the flavor of Fruit Stripe... In this case the smell does not go away... I think this smells wonderful... Yep... I think I will be picking this up for my wife as I really enjoy it...

My hubby finally got me this! It had been on my wishliest for the past 4 months

KateAnette
KateAnette

I sprayed this on a couple of hours ago, and now i finally can enjoy the scent. When i put it on, it starts screaming, and it's really loud for the first hour. I think it's the jasmine that won't shut up, i've noticed that in many cases it disagrees with me. Le Secret Elixir is very fresh and sweet at the same time on me though. My biggest problem with it is that it's linear, it stays the same from the moment i spray it on, untill it's gone. The fact that it so loud, and doesn't change at all, makes it very tiring on the senses. It keeps bothering me for the first hour, close to nauseating, making me wish i had put something else on. When it finally quiets down and starts to feel more like a skin scent, i enjoy the whiffs of the smell i get here and there. I want more complexity in my scents. I want it to change, i want to feel it morph from the top notes to the middle and base notes. Those changes makes a perfume interesting, and keeps it from getting irritating. This perfume basically does smell good, but i don't want to feel uncomfortable for a long time, only to enjoy it when it's almost gone. No love :(

EDIT:
Bought Alien EdT, and it's very similar, Alien just doesn't give me nausea like this does, and i will be able to use Alien EdT in the summer. I'll try AoDLSE in colder weather, maybe it's better for winter time.
AoDLSE is much louder than Alien EdT (which surprised me). This is sweeter and fresher, for the first hour it's really loud with a huge sillage. Then it quickly turns into something like a skin scent and disappears. Alien EdT is creamier, woodier, more subtle. And Alien EdT has better staying power, even though it stays closer to the skin the whole time.

noninoni

This is perhaps one of the most beautiful perfumes I've ever tried. I had the original version of it but did not like the fact that you need to reapply every hour. Now this stronger version is out this is definitely reaching perfection. I hope my hubby buys it for me as a b-day gift

I loooove this perfume! It beats out Armani Code, Elie Saab, and Guerlain Flora Nymphea as my favorite orange blossom perfume. I especially love the vanilla in the base. This perfume is so fresh and so sunny. The bottle should be orange or yellow, not purple!

electra7
electra7

It reminded me Loverdose. Anyone agree?

cp326
cp326

I just burst out laughing when I read an above review...because I smell grapes also in this perfume. I also think I have a messed up sense of smell, like the reviewer joked about herself. I like it, but it's definitely not long lasting at all. I sprayed it on my wrist and went to sniff it again 15 min later and couldn't smell anything. And the whole grape thing just makes me confused. I would not purchase for myself.

Sweet powdery floral. The citrus note wears off quickly, which is a shame. What's left is a floral with a strong jasmine note and sweet baby powder. I get no tea, vanilla, or woods from this, and I'm not sure if I can smell musk - maybe, but it's very light.

emiana
emiana

This is very different from ange ou demon classic...I prefer this one...very long lasting ...

pynkgirl

I have to say I do agree with the tea with a lemon smell in here somewhere as poivererose said. This smells nothing like Alien! I own Alien as well and this is not it.

pynkgirl

First of all, I can not stop smelling my right wrist! This is a very alluring scent. It smells so rich! It feels like a scent that you should not wear around people since it does smell so rich. I pick up a lot of rose in this initially, like a rose in heat. LOL!

I can also pick up a tad bit faint vanilla, not a rich vanilla but faint like vanilla ice cream. I've had this on for about 3 hours now and it's calming down into a nice tart vanilla musk , if you can imagine that. I am picking up a bit of powder as well . It's odd but I am picking up a fresk clean smell like laundry detergent? Whatever it is, they put this together very well. It's exotic, clean, and fruity all in one. I will be buying this!

As far as sillage, it gets close to the skin imo after 3 hours but i love it!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

ohhh got this recently in a nice swap and i m more than happy: finally a givenchy fragrance, which seems to hold on my skin longer than half an hour!
i can smell sweeeet lemon and orangeflower, creamy frangipany, a little aromatic neroli peaking through and a slightly powdery jasmin on a smooth base of woody-vanilla... ohhh it's really sweet and nice, reminds me strongly to mugler's alien, but lighter and dustier to wear, no amber but musk. the patchouli i don t get what's a good thing. i was afraid it would be overhelming as in other 'elixirs' what can easely ruin a nice composition. but no, it's just perfect. love it! sillage is close to the skin, fresh, sweet sparkling trails, slightly warm, soft but very there and the longivity seems to be also very okay ! love it!

TheAlyssaVega
TheAlyssaVega

Too much citrus notes at the first place...It makes him a little sharp i think. But this fragrance is not heavy, not obtrusive, not too resistant. It has not been able to determine my attitude toward it.
At the first side, it is as simple and the tea, as AuD Le Secret and I hate AuD Le Secret. But at the same time it have a kind of an interesting note, which doesn't let me go. That why I bow to the positive side to this scent.
It is very difficult to determine time of year it is better to wear, it is very unusual, but I thing it should wear the summer cuz its base cool.
Cannot say It is a masterpiece, but very worthy fragrance. And if a classic AuD is a typical demon, the AuD Le Secret Elixir is definitely an angel.

Covergirl84
Covergirl84

I 200% agree w/ "outefocus" (below me). I get nothing but grapes during the first 30 minutes. After 1.5 hours, there is no silage at all (doesn't last long).

Now, this is another dubious perfume for me. I don't particularly like, nor dislike it. I absolutely love the lite sophisticated (qualitative & well composed ingredients) base after the perfume has made it's debut. Thereafter, it hugs the skin, my skin, for 18+hrs, making this a "personal (space) fragrance".

I live in a muggy climate. The acidic "grape-y" essence could become annoying and syrupy coupled with sweat and humidity. Therefore, I lean toward evening use. In all fairness, I will only vote this an evening fragrance. I will leave others to determine season and favoritism.

lilka

I wore it today and it is too cold here . i must say that this perfume does like cold as it had a heavenly beautiful trace.

outofocus
outofocus

There must be something totally wrong with my olfactory senses, because I smelled like roses or grapes on this perfume and I can´t find these notes even listed!!
Anyhow, I liked this fragance at first smell, much more than Ange ou Demon which I am not particularly fond of. It´s very feminine and pleasant and full of flowers and joy.
I totally respected Maison Givenchy for the sillage,the classic french philosophy of a perfume, one of a kind fragances like Amarige, Organza, it stayed with you forever...
But since Very Irresistible (silly name) launch and to my dissapointment this Secret Ange Elixir Demon for Femme or whatever blend of idioms this is, there is no more staying power, just a light fragance like Dove, etc. I'm sorry the marketing guys have led this Maison down this path.

olga1780
olga1780

I only sprayed it on my hand and put it away for later use, but I can tell it will be one of those raving reviews.

poivrerose
poivrerose

This is full floral saturation. Unwaveringly feminine, unapologetically robust, sweet white florals!!! Dense, warm, and honeylike in texture. By no means is this for me, but I still appreciate it for what it is, and the quality with which it is executed. Le Secret Elixir is oozing with a distinct honeyed neroli note. I also get a lot of thick orange flower, and a hearty dose of good strong delicious black tea -spiked with a juicy hint of lemon. It's grand, it's loud, it's enveloping. Wearing this, you will enter a room, and people will know it. The sillage is so powerful it's almost dizzying, so be careful not to overspray. Lasting power is fantastic. White floral and tea fans should definitely give it a try!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I Tried it yesterday and I love it.. The conbination of notes.. Really love it.. And it last and last, altough it´s soft, and woody not very strong though.. But I really apreciatte this kind of fragrances.. Very Well Givenchy :)

beatrix75

its absolut a very beauthiful frag much more citrus like the original le secret but its much strong and longer lasting powder!

Majesty
Majesty

Another massive disappointment from Givenchy..Elixir?? I smell a light jasmine-frangipane scent with subtle patchouli at the drydown.I am totally unimpressed...Too light for an elixir,isn't it supposed to be more intense?!Lasting power is god,so bad!Fades within an hour..Thumbs down!

mrsmcfall
mrsmcfall

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir is a gorgeous, warm fragrance that is perfect for the winter months. I notice it is very warm. I can't say enough great things about it. If you love floral & spicy, this is for you.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Givenchy has always made some of the most amazing scents on the market. Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir is gorgeous! Opens with sweet grape and neroli and dry’s down to vanilla musk and orange blossom. The bottle is a beautiful smoky amethyst color and the fragrance is perfect for the sensual side in every woman!

MaggieKat

I love it. I fell in love with it the first time I smelled it. Spicy and floral. It is exactly what I like.

lilka

At first i must mention that i loved Ange ou Demon Le Secret.But it had a poor lasting power and my 100ml perfume ended so soon. I tried Elixir several days ago and at first didn't like it, but then ....... OMG it became so attractive , so delicious and I felt it almost all day though I sprayed it so little. Definitely it will be my next purchase.
I went to the perfume store and bought it today, it's a happy , pleasant and long lasting perfume, one of my favourites....

beatrix75

what mugler parfums ??no all the mugler frag are strong and patchuli but this one and the orig le secret its diferent sexy beuthiful luxury so stop compare with muglers angel ,alien ...

jivaswood
jivaswood

This is the best version of Ange Ou Demon. It's complex, mysterious, mystical, and can merge elements of exotic and sensual way. Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir is fantastic, more green tea blend Sambac jasmine and citrus. Looks a lot like my beloved Alien EDP, a less concentrated version of it and more concentrated than the EDT. Fantastic!! He has a lot to do with my way of being.
It could be the unique version of Ange ou Demon ( I hate the original).

****/*****

Adorable! ;ummmmmm!

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I agree with sophie, it does remind me of play intense, I also get that grape like note ..but dont see anything similar to grape listed

laura.suciu
laura.suciu

It is perfect, I love this parfume:X I recommand it to all of you who love Givenchy:* bye!

MaggieKat

This is my first time reviewing. I love this scent, I tried it for the first time this morning.
I tried it again today, December 15th, and I still love it. It is nice and spicy to begin with and now it is floral, which flowers/combo of flowers I have no idea. But it smells so good. This one is a keeper.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Givenchy answered to Le Secret fans' silent prayers.

Time after time,
although I so dearly loved it,
the hasty road from the top to drydown (with the original Le Secret) left me wondering why the whole "show" was over so quickly.

Elixir is exactly how I expected the follow-up to be.
It lasts longer, yet you can still tell it is the same old lovely Le Secret. I can only imagine how much time and effort the nose put into this - after all, you can't just add alcohol to the original and say "voilà!"

Le Secret Elixir is a mouth-watering scent. It gives me an irresistible urge to kiss its wearer on the cheek.
If you (want to) feel like an angel, pick this, it's beautiful.

jennifer.herndon
jennifer.herndon

I got a paper sample in the mail awhile back, and completely fell in love. Since the paper sample scent is usually different (at least for me) from the liquid sample, I ordered a mini.

The initial scent for me is very sweet, in fact a touch sweeter than I like. The white flowers are almost all I smell (there's a secondary initial scent I can't quite place). However, within about 5-10 minutes, the mixture of Tea and Patchouli pops up to tone down all those flowers. I have not yet caught the Lemon or the Vanilla, but it's early.

So far, I'm still in love with it. I'll be back a bit later once the scent has had some time to settle :-)

EDIT: About half an hour later, I found the Vanilla and the Musk. As the day wore on, the Patchouli and the Musk dropped out of the running and left me with the Tea, white flowers, and Vanilla (in that order). Absolutely heavenly to me.

About 5-6 hours after first applying it, the scent is nearly imperceptible. I have to physically put my nose ON my wrist to get even a whiff, but oh what a whiff it is. This is a love story with a sad ending. You want the scent to stay forever, but in the end you know it will leave you too soon.

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

@Wilka: Probably cold.

I expected to love this since i love all the notes. Well, i tried it and i didn't like it. To my nose it smells like the original (which i strongly dislike) but this is a lighter and fresher version. Not my cup of tea.

jodee
jodee

Creamy, almost plastic-y candy at first to my nose, then turns a bit more floral. However, the scent seems to disappear from my skin pretty quickly. Pretty jasmine note. The candy note reminds me oddly of an Easter type candy, can't put my finger on which though. Perhaps a specific jelly bean or Peeps but not sure. Or even those scented food colorings to dye the eggs in, I don't know! I do like this scent, wish it lasted a bit longer though. Another intense version coming perhaps? Hopefully.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I got some samples of this. It's not bad..I can pick out the vanilla and patchouli in this..which complement one another nicely. I find tho that this frag does not last on me? After a few minutes I can no longer smell it. I don't think I will be buying this.

So here we are. A new launch, a "new" scent? Not at all! Elixir is nice smelling and quite intriguing at first. Listed notes are stunning.
Unfortunately it smells perfumey for the first 1 hour then it disappears from my skin and also from paper!
Are they making perfumes even more diluted so that you buy more?
I sprayed in a shop and my bf immeditely liked it.
He's attracted by these modern girlish scents that smell exactly of nothing, only girlish and trendy like so many others.
No depth, no kick, only a nice smelling fragrance (which is already a good point) but also quite a meaningless new launch in an appealing mysterious sexy potion bottle with a fancy name. I don't buy bottles and I don't buy names.
And I don't want to carry a bottle with me around to refresh every 2 hours. 1 bottle=1 month
The scent itself is nice. It would be much better if it was an intense thick oily perfume with same notes to dab on pulse points.
I will try it again to see if it works different on my skin and if some of the notes come out in a more graceful way.

Lynn Buck
Lynn Buck

I got a sample of this and it is gorgeous!!! My husband loves it and my 11 yr old son even said "Geee Mom you smell GOOD!" I have one on the way can't wait to get it! I could even smell it at 3am when I woke up. It's another one that makes me feel sexy when I'm wearing it. It's not an overpowering scent just perfect. LOVE IT!!!!

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

Oh,how much I love this scent on the test paper! It's gorgeous!!! I was at 2 steps of buying it when it crossed my mind: should I try this on my skin? Good thing I did! On me smells like a very bitter...BEER!!! :(((((((((

Minnija
Minnija

unfortunately not my cup of tea...as musc as I love regular Le secret, as much I hate this one. Don't like that it is veru sharp, it is not sensitive as le secret, something in this perfume is so strong and sharp and not in feminine way, so my nose and skin is not accpeting.

altair
altair

Wow! I bought a bottle of this yesterday. Best perfume ever! Sillage 8/10, longevity 8/10, yummyness 10/10. I know many of you are still looking for "your" fragrance. If you like perfumes in this category, then look no further. This is it!

tammyk883
tammyk883

Smells alot like Alien to me...but its not as strong. I agree with another review that on me it smells alot like grape bubblegum, but I like it. Not love it, but like it.

jill.mencke
jill.mencke

Tried this in Dillard's and I absolutely loooooved it! It lasted up until the next day and I could not stop smelling it. :)

etispi
etispi

I have to admit, I am a fan of Ange ou Demon La Secret, and as such, I thought that nothing could top my favorite one… at least not in that line. I was wrong. I expected something heavier (maybe the color, maybe the name… don’t know) and was astonished by this perfume’s refined and light soft sweetness. It’s a smell that I can imagine any women would be comfortable wearing and yet it’s a unique one. How did they manage that?! Amazing staying power and sillage. I can still smell it on me after taking a shower.
It’s my new love.

ritacatita
ritacatita

First sprit and I immediately associated it to some Alien flanker with added lemon, orange follower and frangipani to his original composition. Then, Alien disappears (completely) and emerges a soft, slightly sweet exotic feeling with a warm and discrete melted pot of soft woods, discrete musk and involving patchouli

Scarlet.Anemone
Scarlet.Anemone

(Tried this twice on my skin)

Is it just me or this is watered down version of Alien? Longevity was good tho. But I still prefer the original version of Ange Ou Demon.

tristura
tristura

AMORE ASSOLUTO!!!! ♥
Non so perchè a volte mi ricorda l'odore delle barbie mattel LOL
comunque... profumo fantastico.... lo adoro!!!! Un'agrumato di classe!!!! assolutamente divino

Tulip211
Tulip211

This perfume is Autumn to me. It starts off smelling like juicy grapes and ripe plums for some reason, with a spritz of lemon. Than I smell dried autumn leaves that have fallen from the trees and fresh tree bark. This all smoothed out with a warm vanilla. As much as I love this scent, I am quite disappointed with the sillage and lasting power. It doesn't even last more than 2 hours on me, which is a shame considering it is labeled a "parfum intense". I like it anyways, and make sure to spray it on my clothes and hair and toss it in my purse for touch-ups. I will enjoy it for now, but not re-buy for 100 dollars. Too expensive considering the lasting power.

remas1
remas1

smell sooooooo nice

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is a lovely energiser:)
At first, the sweet note off lemon and neroli. Yes to me it is kind off a fresh sweetnes in the begining, So fresh and crisp. like a new morning one the balcony sipping lemonades.
the Tea to me just linger , on my skin there is a different tea note then im used to. this is warmer, and sofr in away. The jasmin is warm and comforting insted off sharp. mixing so well whit the frangipani an orange blossom , To me the Orange blossoms is pretty intense and NICE . love it.
patcholie , vanilla and other good stuff in here aswell. Lovely stuff. lingers and makes me want to sniff my arm. i havent tryed the original to this . but it seams i now have to:)
This i realy realy need to get my hands one . like like like

glitteralex
glitteralex

It's rare that I encounter a new commercial release that makes me whip out my wallet, but this might just be one.

My very first impression of this was that it was quite similar to the original Le Secret. My second application convinced me that while it indeed is closely related, there are also enormous similarities to both Alien edp (original) and Alien Sunessence. The common ingredient is Sambac Jasmine, the absolute of which I am now intent on tracking down.

The topnote is primarily lemon peel, bitter and oily and nearly industrial. Its appearance is all too brief, and within moments is replaced by a basic green tea. When these acidic notes disssipate, a soft, candied powder note emerges from the neroli and orange blossom. At one point, a strange guava note finds its cat-pee way in. Briefly, It dances with a synthetic cherry-candy flavor around the edges of the huge jasmine that dominates the remainder of this composition. Joining the fun is a round vanilla, a la Vanillin, made gourmandy by the dry warmth of cedar. The musks are cloaked by all the sweetness, and the patchouli is indiscernable. Possibly it is used here as a fixative in place of the usual oakmoss-now banned-instead of as a note unto itself (note that this perfume is classified as a Chypre, although it bears no semblance to the early chypres we all associate with oakmoss). While more patchouli could have lent a more mature feel to this candied perfume, Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir is beautiful, nonetheless.

antonpan
antonpan

This one is very close to regular tea fruity Le Secret. The difference is in addition of Alien-alike jasmine and of trendy orange blossoms. The opening of this perfume is sharper, but soon Elixir becomes subtle just like original Le Secret.

pauluch3
pauluch3

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

It's not over-the-top type of perfume. It stays close to the skin and is reserved only for the "chosen" ones who are lucky to get close enough to you to smell it. Starts fruity (neroli+lemon) and here goes the heavenly jasmine and the tropical frangipani which virtually send you to Fiji or Hawaii in the nick of time. In the end, there comes the soft musky aroma and the aura around you is complete. Definitely a must-have for warmer months.

PS. I notice a slight resemblance to Alien but I think Givenchy is better, more elegant and subtle:)
****

Solvita
Solvita

Tested it today,very nice perfume.Find it really similar to usual Ange ou Demon Le Secret,may be a little more floral.Not very strong.

Floridaisa
Floridaisa

This is the latest creation from Givenchy.
It is absolutley fabulous. I had been looking for a new signature scent since MDC was reformulated. This is not something I would have tried on my own. A SA sprayed it on me.
It's heavenly!!!
It's a Chypre Floral and starts off with lemon, neroli and tea, followed by a lovely jasmine, frangipani and orange blossom. The ending consist of vanilla, patchouli, cedar and white musk.
On me it was a lovely fruity/floral scent. I could totally pick up the lemon, jasmin and orange blossom. And even though it's not in there, it smelled a littly plummy too.
It has great silage and lasting power. You could still smell it on my shirt the next day. It isn't heavy or overpowering (I asked those around me) and it smells young and fresh. I would wear this anywhere, anytime. It's just that great!
This is my new signature scent!

LittleRed
LittleRed

The cedar is crisp, the patchouli is clean, it is fragrantly woodsy but not incensey. It also has a light tannin, think earl grey tea, quality that almost makes it sharp, except for the introduction of a pale, dry sweetness that tames it. This sweetness is faint, with only a tease of vanilla, and a nuances of subtle flowers.
'Elixir' is certainly the right description for this refined fragrance.

passionata20
passionata20

I am not a big fan of original "ange ou demon" but this one is really lovely. And it is better than "secret" edition to my nose. Very lovely scent that reminds me of a dilluted "Galliano" in EDP version. I swear i can smell some smoky plum in here, which i guess is a combination of the tea note with something else, i just haven´t figured it out. It took me a while to figure it out that those 2 have similarities, i don´t see it similar to "Alien" flankers sadly. This one has that more smokey note to my nose. Also very refreshing BUT almost zero sillage! I have to smell it very close to feel it. Lasting power IS very good, but i really want to smell it also. Please do something with it!
My verdict: niccce! :)

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Not impressed. I was hoping to be, however, there is absolutely nothing spectacular about this scent. In the beginning, light, faint similarities of Alien. The drydown is somewhat sweet, but forgettable. The lasting power is horrible. I am glad I sampled before purchasing.

orchid_84
orchid_84

As a fan of the original Le Secret, I was really looking forward to trying this one out. I was hoping this one would be more intense and long lasting....unfortunately not. For me it is a flattened-out, more linear version of Le Secret. The tea and woodiness are still there, but there is a sweet grape jelly scent that overpowers the freshness of the original. And it's gone from my skin in about 5 minutes.

It also doesn't come off as a sensual perfume. I have to say I still find the original Le Secret more enjoyable and interesting, as well as the Santal d'Hiver limited edition.

bunny
bunny

If the original Ange ou Demon Le Secret is a goddess or an elf, this one is a human version of that. Some people like a goddess better and some would prefer a human woman.

The original is very up in the air, and this one is more down to earth. It's got more intense musky and vanilla scents. One can readily imagine it coming from the house of Givenchy.

In its attempt to being a little more musky while maintaining the spirit of the original, I found this scent a little confused.

mandashell
mandashell

Okay maybe, just maybe my nose is playing tricks on me but I tested this today and it smelled like an Eau Legere version of Thierry Mugler's Alien....? SNiffed it once and then sniffed it again and that is the conclusion I came to. Still it is very nice with fantastic sillage and lasting power. I don't need to say very much about it though cause all you have to do is read reviews on Alien, lol! XD It's not as intense as Mugler's creation but more accessible for the average perfume wearer. You could probably get away with wearing it at the office but this is one for cooler temps, as I can see how it may easily become a tad cloying in the heat. Anyway, if you are looking for a more toned down Alien with a slightly different feel then check it out. :D

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Tried it in Macy's today, loved it instantly!!! It's very soft on me and very comforting I can't really describe it though, it's slightly fruity a little almost dusty just creamy warm and yum! Unfortunatly my husband says it smells like incense.....not good! :0( My 17 year old son didn't like this either....*heavy sigh*

Upon more reflection and numerous sniffs of my wrist this perfume seems on me a very close cousin to TM's Alien which I used to love, but it has moved down from my favorite in the last year or so as the fruity/floral/vanillas moved in. Oh well back to the Pink Sugar....:0)

Amarilia
Amarilia

Im so much looking forward to this! Sounds excellent! I love the original but never bought it because of the poor lasting power...I hope Intense version will fulfill my expectations this time :)

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir by Givenchy 4.13 out of 5 based on 719 ratings and 127 user reviews

ANGE OU DEMON LE SECRET ELIXIR for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Elixir
ANGE OU DEMON LE SECRET ELIXIR for WOMEN by Givenchy SET-EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 3.3 OZ POUCH
Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Intense Spray for Women
Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Perfume by Givenchy, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Intense Spray for Women
ANGE OU DEMON LE SECRET ELIXIR for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE SPRAY 3.4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.