Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Givenchy for women

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Givenchy for women
dislike

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Givenchy for women Pictures

After the 2010 winter editions of fragrances dedicated to snow-covered trees, Givenchy presents two new limited edition fragrances of winter idyll called Poesie d'un Parfum d'Hiver ("Poetry of a winter perfume") for season 2011. Fragrances Very Irresistible and Ange ou Demon Le Secret are enriched with gourmand notes of the holiday season such as candid orange, cinnamon and gingerbread.

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d'un Parfum d'Hiver is a flowery – gourmand fragrance, delicious and seductive.

Top notes: tea and candied orange. Heart: Sambac jasmine and gingerbread. Base: musk and praline.

The bottle sparkles like a new years eve dress in shades of gold and copper. The fragrance is available as 50 ml EDP.

Orange Tea

Jasmine Ginger

Musk Praline

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Fragrance Reviews

papergurl
papergurl

I had been looking for this perfume since I read about it, about a year after it came out. I really wanted something with a gingerbread note in it and something "dense and rich" along the order of Cinique Elixer, but different and not cloying sweet. I was browsing through the Givenchy Fragrances in the Fragrance.net website and there it was! I ordered it immediately. I just got it today and I am so pleased. It is different than anything I have smelled before and I can see it being just wonderful in cold weather. You feel enveloped and cozy. It is as if you took a walk in the woods on a late autumn day, you can smell smoke from burnt leaves (memory from childhood when people actually burnt their leaves), came inside to a warm cup of hot tea and a piece of gingerbread. There is a bit of smoke to this, and I really like it. You definitely won't smell yourself coming and going.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I get a syrupy and nutty scent combined with warm, almost ambery orange and tea (earl grey, perhaps). I don't feel the ginger, but I would have guessed there was honey in it. The herbal tea note gives this sweet gourmand a touch of sobriety.

They were right to call it a "winter" flanker. I very much get that (admittedly cliché) image of being in a Swiss chalet, drinking tea, watching the snow fall from out the window, my ski boots drying by the fire place.

aliora
aliora

This spawn of the Le Secret flanker of Ange ou Demon actually smells very similar to Ange ou Demon Le Secret - the fact that I'm surprised by this is kind of sad.

I get a much more intense version of Le Secret when I first smell this, but with orange in it. This isn't quite the juicy sweet orange that some might imagine, but a bit more subdued, dried and candied. As it continues, it starts to smell like candied orange peel with some tea and ginger thrown in. It finally dawned on me that this smells exactly like the Constant Compliment black tea that I occasionally drink. Not bad, but not exactly mind blowing. It's light and subtle enough to be an office scent, so if you're longing for a warm spicy scent that won't hit people over the head, this would be an excellent choice.

I have noticed that in the initial spray, there's something about it that reminds me of molasses- gingerbread! It's an interesting one.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

This is currently on Ebay for a very good price so Im snapping it up!

Cant wait to smell it! I absolutely love Le secret and Le secret Elixir especially, so I am very excited!

Will add more review when it arrives :D

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I would LOVE to try this, but I have looked everywhere on the net. CANNOT FIND IT! :(

ecerusen
ecerusen

at the opening(according to my skin) it smells very fresh with the hint of caramel and tea.orange note is weak.

after that, creamy jasmine note blinks me with its cuteness. orange note take its turn at the same time.

as a big ginger fan, i would like to smell some ginger notes but (because of my skin chemistry maybe) i cant smell yet.

but its ok, maybe it couldnt be a signature but nice perfume for winter

janaina_flores
janaina_flores

It smells like toasted "yerba mate" (maté) tea sweetened with caramel.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I plan to give this perfume a full review once I've fully understood it, but the weird thing is my bottle looks exactly like the one in the picture but it says "ange ou etrange" NOT ange ou demon. Same with the box. It says "ange ou etrange- le secret" and underneath "Poesie d'un Parfum d'Hiver". What's weird is the pic of the bottle on this webpage says ange ou demon. Anyone own this perfume that can help me? You can pm me if you'd like. The perfume smells just like the notes listed here too...

EDIT: Problem solved! I was told that the word "demon" is sort of forbidden, if you will, in certain countries, so my bottle must be from one of those countries (but weird since I got it from a US website. Oh well!)

As far as the actual perfume, it's definitely a sort of orange peel or burnt orange, sweet praline, ginger fragrance. I definitely pick up on the tea note. In fact, I find the tea very prominent. So far I like it a lot. It's quite unique. I need to give it a few hours though. Yes, it's probably traditionally more of a "winter" scent, but the spicyness is quite fresh so I think it would be appropriate for Fall or even a cool summer night. This isn't at all heavy or cloying. In fact, it's kind of soft. I mean it's a fresh spicy scent, but it's not in your face. The sillage is airy rather than thick and heavy.

UPDATE: After an hour or so, I am still liking the perfume a lot. As it progresses, the scent becomes warm and sweet. The spices are quite unusual and I can't say I've smelled anything like it before. Very unique. I still smell the tea, btw. :)

Maria Goretti
Maria Goretti

Poderia até chorar,mas de tristeza,pois esse perfume que passei meses planejando meu orçamento para comprá-lo foi uma tremenda decepção,ou então estou om desvio de septo.Só o que ficou em memoria é um cheiro doce de café com caramelo,nada de gengibre,nada de laranja ou mesmo jasmim.DECEPÇÃO TOTAL.Dinheiro jogado fora.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

I get a burnt caramel coffee filling inside a gingerbread and a cinnamon- candied orange which are absolutely GORGEOUS. This lasted one to two hours before everyhting is lost in an ocean of floral musk, which is such a shame. I wish it could have been just the top + middle notes and stayed that way until the drydown. It lasted 8 hours on my skin.

daina.Šņore
daina.Šņore

This is so beautiful, it almost makes me cry :')

It was a blind buy, but according to my prior experience with the "Ange ou Demon" series, I thought that I'd give this perfume a shot.
I love every Ange ou Demon, but this one...
It's just amazing.
I am SO glad that I risked buying this one without sniffing. Because it was the most pleasant surprise.

Just. simply beautiful...

Norgirl
Norgirl

Mmmmmm so beutiful gingery citrusy sweat and spicy. Its like a warm hug at christmes times. when all the senses are open.. You close your eyes . and just breath in joy happines. feal the hug off a long lost friend. The house smells off christmas ginger cookis. oranges.and warm apple cider whit cinamoon sprinkled on top
So lovely. You can feal the touch off the Ange ou demon secret and all its jummy sweetnes and charm. but still this is absolutly worth having aswell whit this spices and wonderfull touch off ginger
does not last as long as the others sadly. but sprayed on cloths it lasts a long long time

bashe
bashe

i´m out of words...this never happens to me...this is gonna be my signature perfume! it´s sweet and kinda like winter snowy fairytale..i didn´t find this perfume..it found me! and i´m also born december 26th, must be faith! :D...love the gingerbread note..goooosh the best fragrance ever! (and I never say that!)

leelee42
leelee42

I really enjoy this perfume... spicy, smell the cinnamon... lovely!! I am using this as my Holiday Christmas time perfume.

aprildawntaylor
aprildawntaylor

To me it smells like gingerbread and then Ange ou Demon le secrete :)

to me it doesn't smell very gourmand,but it's fresh spicy and though I didn't like the first notes,after an hour it becomes lovely and mysterious.it smells spicy grace to ginger which is the dominant note here,but even me,who is not a fan of ginger and spices,I like the dry down very much.
I just wish I liked the first notes too.it's a nice perfume not only for winter,but for all of the seasons.

vertigo
vertigo

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver is the weaker one from the new pair. Opposite to last year's editions.

It is definitely oriental and gourmand, with clear notes of warm jasmine, orange, tea and ginger.
What disturbs me is a strange strongest note - it smells a bit like burnt caramel, or marron glace. Something frazzled, but still - edible.
Now I think it could also be marzipan - somewhat bitter note.
It goes through all stages and makes the fragrance a no for me.

The perfume has big sillage and impressive staying power.

Well, Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver is a different story ...

Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver by Givenchy 4.20 out of 5 based on 107 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ange ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.