Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Ange ou Demon Tendre Givenchy for women

Ange ou Demon Tendre Givenchy for women
dislike

Ange ou Demon Tendre Givenchy for women Pictures Ange ou Demon Tendre Givenchy for women Pictures

After a great success with the fragrance Ange ou Demon launched in 2006, Givenchy is launching a new and softer version – Ange ou Demon Tendre, which will be available in the fist half-year of 2008.

The bottle designed by serge Mansau will be capturing the notes of Calabrian mandarin, lily of the valley and neroli in the top. The heart is following with the floral wafts of lily, peony and heliotrope, while the dominant note of the base is patchouli. The fragrance was presented in 2007. The face of the promotional campaign is Marie Steiss, while the photographer is Mario Sorentti.

Orange Blossom Lily-of-the-Valley Mandarin Orange

Peony Lily Heliotrope

Patchouli Brazilian Rosewood

Ange ou Demon

Ange ou Demon Tendre Fragrance Reviews

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

Such a unique scent, hard to come across anything alike. I find this a particuarly melancholic scent, and cold like an icicle. The bottle design makes it look like one as well, funny. Strange enough, while I consider it a cold scent, I also like to wear it in the colder months of autumn and winter.

There's this sharpness in the opening which must be credited to the citrusy notes and I swear I can smell rose petals somewhere in there, which must be down to the Brazilian rosewood playing naughty tricks in the opening. Anyway, the initial sharpness is gone within 10 minutes and what I'm left with is is an armful of damp lilies spread out on a damp rosewood table, and the dampness is coming from the heady, earthy patchouli. Strange enough, while strong patchouli is a turn off to me in most cases, in Ange ou Demon Tendre it doesn't bother me at all. It's playing a huge role in the overal melancholic feeling, and I like that. nd while these notes seem to be very prominent on me, the rest of the flowers stay undistinguishable and in the background...

This is one of my favourite perfumes. Although it's the Tendre version, it is still relatively strong. It lasts at least a good 6-8 hours and it has a noticable sillage as well. To me, this is more Demon than Angel, and I like it that way.

kingdomforaperfume
kingdomforaperfume

Mind-blowing. It is a woman with a secret. It is there... Passion? Could be. Whatever it is, it is concrete. It has body. It has past. Well done, well done!

Jola 72
Jola 72

I had this one.Very nice,unusual scent.Now I think it is discounted,sadly,can not find it anythere.Just ordered 100 ml bottle of Ange Ou Demon edp,the big brother of this beauty
maybe my new signature .Big Love,bravo Givenchy!!

peferrarine
peferrarine

To me, the fragrance is the same as the EDP.
The only difference is the concentration. Is like your smelling the same thing, but in a aired place, you know? Like you're letting it breathe a little more.

To me, is almost like this one would be the one you spray, the EDP would be the one you drop (like an oil) on your skin.
I can only imagine how strong and concentrate the extract must be.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Thanks to my lovely fragrantica friend I had a chance to try this one. I absolutely like it a lot! It smells pretty much the same as regular edp version, but yet has it's own charmes. It's long lasting and to me it just smells really, really good!!
If you like the edp, but think it's a little too much then definitely give this one a try :)

YoLin
YoLin

I love this perfume so much. It has been my signature scent eversince I fell in love with it when I got a sample of it when I was about 11 years old. I'm normally not really a fan of pure floral scents but I immediately liked this one without being conscious of the fact it was such a floral scent. Ange ou Démon Tendre is a very clean and classy perfume. It's soft, not too present and suitable for every season and every occasion. To be honest I can't immagine someone hating it.
The bottle is beautiful too, one of the most beautiful bottles if not the most beautiful I have.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This perfume is weird, strange and unique. It smells old to me. Not like old lady perfume, not oldfashioned, just old, dusty and nostalgic. Lily always gives me that sad,longing for something feeling. Outer shell is uninviting but when you finally get to know this scent it mellows beautifully with the skin surrounding you with a cloud of mystery and magic. I can't detect other notes here, slightly powdery lily is the strongest on me. I like it a lot because it's different and definitely not for everybody.

tinyxxangel
tinyxxangel

Too powdery for my taste. Maybe a bit too mature for me. Too bad - the name was intriguing.

mahanta
mahanta

Ha! After putting it on, I immediately knew I have smelled something like that before! And really - Tendre smells like a combined Hermes Un Jardin quartet - no sweetness at all, greenish, juicy, with strong patchouli note that gives more earthiness to the fragrance. Unfortunately I detect neither lily nor orange blossom, but I don't feel bad since this one will replace all Un Jardin bottles for me.

Fleur_Nuit
Fleur_Nuit

To me this is such a conforting scent. It smells cozy somehow, like a fluffy sweater in the winter. I don' find it too strong, it has good sillage and quite long lasting, just don't over do it! Like someone mentioned, I can't tell a single note from the composition, it's funny!

CozyCat
CozyCat

This is such a gorgeous fragrance...very feminine and fragile, yet provocative and sophisticated. I get lilies, neroli and a powdery heliotrope on an intoxicating woodsy base. Unfortunately it fades away way too fast. I got some decent sillage for the first 1-2 hours (with 4 sprays), then it fades close to the skin, and by the 4th hour, I could barely smell it even with my nose mashed against my arm. I thought it was my nose, so I asked my family members to sniff my perfume, and they couldn't smell a thing either. Where I had sprayed it on my shirt, it smells like lily scented talcum powder, nothing more. It's odd. Givenchy fragrances usually last a minimum of 6-7 hours on me, even their lightweight scents, and AoD Tendre isn't one of those light, airy scents that you can expect to disappear in a couple hours. How disappointing.

laoonatic
laoonatic

I also blind bought this one (because I loved the original but wanted a lighter version, and couldn't find any place to test it, so I went with the flow) and I must say that I adore it! It keeps the original's character, but smoothens it, making it more wearable. It has a certain sharp edge that makes it mysterious and I simply can't keep my nose away from it! Gorgeous!

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

I blind bought this one because of the bottle and the name. I thought it was cool. And with the name "Demon", I expected it to be sweet and heavy and sensuel. It was! It is sweet and heavy, but not too heavy. Just the right amount. I've never tried the edp version, so I don't know how strong that is. But this is a sensuel fragrance for sure. Evening wear. One to use when you're going out to "play". Although I do find it somewhat masculine. When I first smelled it, I thought it reminded me of something. It smells like a cologne or mens perfume that one of my favorite male relatives used to wear. Sadly he's not alive anymore, so it sort of comforted me, made me think of him. And it does last. At least on my skin. I can still smell it, but not as strong as earlier and it was around 10 hours ago that I put it on. For those who thinks it doesn't last, try putting more on, "shower" in it. Maybe that helps. I have scents too that doesn't last long, but if I am generous with the spraying, it helps the scent staying longer. I like this one and it will be my "pub nights" and "restaurants" fragrance.

monsun
monsun

This scent is beautiful. My favourite fragrance. Very lasting and pleasurable scent.

saguna

Oh, yes, Lily-of-the valley. Picked up from a forest, smelled that horrible. So today I know which perfumes I should avoid :)

saguna

First impression : I know it from somewhere ( still can't figure out where from). Second impression : hmm, nice, but disturbing. Third impression after 20 minutes : I want to wash it off! Headache.
After washing it off still can smell this scent.
Unfortunately all fragrances which I don't like stay for long on my skin. Why?

xabaras
xabaras

Lily of the valley, fragrant and delicate, made crispy by the citrus and mellow by the heliotrope. I don't get along with patchouli very well, but in Ange ou demon tendre it's a pleasant experience. It's a fragrance for when it rains though:it's uplifting and dreamy when it's raining, it can become overwhelming when the weather is good. How can it be? Maybe that is the hidden secret of the opposites in the name.

Annica
Annica

This is a fragrance with sharp edges and a softness at the same time. As a woman with a hard outer shell but with a vulnerable and loving mind.
Top notes are quite masculine as some have mentioned here but soon it softens and a certain sweetness appears that is very appealing. The scent is so sophisticated smelling so it will not be an every-day perfume for me. This is unlike any other fragrances I have tried and I am so glad I found it. Beautiful.
I haven´t yet tried the original.

yasminchki
yasminchki

I have it for more than a year, and still love it- the fragrance is so sophisticated that I couldnt even guess one component from the pyramid.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I like it at first.. It´s somehow strong and citrus..then calm down, smells like lemon tea,or verbena,not sure, but I do like it, altough is weak, has no sillage at all.. Well I was expecting more, dispite isn´t bad, could be better..

just_sara
just_sara

gives me terrible headache.. smells like a man's parfume mixed with a girls parfume. The idea is cool. Way too harsh for me. Just cant imagine it is, tendre...?

Keep sniffin, trying to undertand it, but I just dont get this. There is something in it that I like. But the manly harshness is overpowering. Sorry! Just smells like a mans parfume, with flowers.

LaGari
LaGari

It's still mysterious, exotic and a lot like the original just a bit lighter, 'safer', less saffron, and more lily. The original has got a full blast of saffron head on and in here it only intensifies later on. So I love the original too, but this is better for the climate I live in.

It doesn't last very long on my skin but forever on my clothes.

Btw, totally disagree that it smells too mature. I'm 23 and love it. It's great for anyone in my age range.

Edit: A couple of hours of wearing it and its starting to get more spicy and cloying. I just have to be careful not to over spray next time. Wow, its strong for an EDT. Don't ever underestimate!

Edit 2: Why do I smell petrol?...

ophelia
ophelia

Fragile beauty.

It's unique, lighter and younger than the 1st one. Clear, illuminated from the inside, somehow spiritual... Adore it! High class,
а perfume of Princess

beti123
beti123

Tender as it says... It smells like the original one but more softer. On the other hand it's sharper than any other perfumes . All I can say is; Sexy, Sharp, Classy... But not suitable for everyone. So I understand why some people can not stand it. If you wanna use this perfume, u should have a 'strong' nose because its loooooong lasting scent and if u can't bear to smell a scent loooong hours just do not buy it even if you love it :)

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Got this as the beautiful Swarovski crystal version. Absolutely stunning bottle. I don't think the smell suits me. I gave it to my mother, which it smells amazin on.

treenhe
treenhe

tendre? it's hardly that. it's all spice and patchouli on me with too much projection. longevity too. i dislike the original and i'm sorry to say i dislike this too. i was hoping for something softer, gentler than the original but this is harsher and more strident to my little nose. i'll pass.

Sugandha
Sugandha

This is my first fragrance ! Love it at first sniff, it's recommanded to me as “ a fragrance with mystery”, very interesting. at first, I don't know what are ingredients but I can smell something sour come first after spraying and then flower, flower, flower, flower and flowerrrrs. it's like a bouquet blooms with a scent of mysterious incense. I'm 22 and find this Ange ou Demon Tendre too mature for me but I like it. The staying power lasts long, especially rainy day it smells wondeful on me. ♥

sous-la-douce
sous-la-douce

i layer this with miss dior cherie blooming bouquet after it and i get the most divine scent i can imagine!!i could'nt believe the stares i got when walking all way home,even brother followed me 2 ask what i was wearing!!asked me 2 spritz some on his hand and started 2 full lungs sniff it!!i think the powderness of ange ou demon tendre neutralize the sweeteness of dior cherie blooming bouquet,as i cant stand neither scent alone,i dont like much powderness nor much sweetness,so i balanced them up and got a very fresh yet mysteriousely sweet powdery scent that u cant dislike.

I didn't like this much. The staying power is bad. It's not what I expected a "tendre" version to be like. It's rather rash and masculine.

greydove
greydove

I sprayed this yesterday and I like it better than the other, I think. The full strength version got too earthy, dirty smelling, although I have to admit I didn't try it on skin, only on paper. This one ends up smelling like white soap, but....I liked it, and my nose kept wanting to smell it again!

UPDATE: Nope, I was wrong. This one's the scrubber. It smells like men's cologne on me. The original is the beauty. My mistake was in spraying a bunch of fruity florals and thinking I liked this because it was so different for my nose that day. The original is best.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

how demure can a sexy girl be? thats what i think of when i smell this.
sexy but innocent! irresistable combination.
a toned down version of the original A ou d.
i love the innocence of the virgin white florals and
the dark sweetness of heliotrope and almonds.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

Pure pure chypre. I cannot detect any florals here. Becomes very masculine on my skin. Elegant? Yes, in a black&white way. Romantic? No. Still the frag is classy. Yet the bottle is monstrous.

adele l
adele l

Very similar to Ange ou Demon but softer and more powdery- good for those who find the original too strong. Almost immediately evaporates off my skin but my skin is like that with perfume. Pretty but ephemeral.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

A new and conceitual tendence about chypré!
Starts very powdery... and some minutes later, a bit watery and pretty soapy.
Diferent "tendre" frag.
Very unique...
Very Givenchy!

mandelinka
mandelinka

bought this without trying it first and it was a love at the first 'whif' :)
use it more in colder months and usually in the evening, it is my security blanket.
I thnk it is sexy and at the same time comforting scent.
don't think it's similar to the original

mcelferr
mcelferr

Imagine a sunny and hot day that never ends, but so hot that you think your are gonna die, then a crystal waterfall appears in front of you and you can dive inside.
That's the sensation when you close your eyes and spray it around your body, so clean and fresh!A perfect combination of flowers that sprout after the soft almost sweeet citrus. Really comfortable to wear daily, for the office.And the sillage is so good, everybody comments...

Amethyste
Amethyste

ohh how I hate this scent... one of the worst to me. This smells old, but not in the aldehyde way, but in some dusty creepy way.

Juma
Juma

Great scent, from start to dry down...Lovely peony with jasmine, lily of the valley and patchuli to make it stronger and it give it a character... I see know why it has so many fans.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I tried this twice before coming to the conclusion that although it has a lovely opening & heart, the drydown is just bitter and takes more from the wearer than it gives.

I think the beauty of the original Ange or Demon is in the saffron & the strong patchouli. While Tendre is similar to the original, it just doesn't have the same oomph or magic.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

To me it smells like a fougere-grandfather type of scent,mixed with that of baby wipes.
Horrible,on me at least.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

definitely a big progress from the horrible original..
starts sharp like a typical chypre, but then turns into a mellow creamy white with still the chypre twist.. the dry down is delicate and subtly masculine, while still keeping a chypre in the background..
not the typical sweep-me-off-my feet fragrance, neither something I could wear daily, but a classy and glamorous scent I would wear for a special occasion :)

Zaleska
Zaleska

Perfect for office, with a beautiful shirt, powerful shoes...it imposes respect, makes you feel "serious".
Chypres have this advantage. They give us the idea of maturity.

linden tree
linden tree

What a wonderful scent of early spring,perfect to announce warmer days and the end of the winter.
In my country we have a special day wich would fit perfectly with this fragrance-1 March-Martzishor(is very hard to pronounce in any other language).On this day,the women receive little jewelry,usually not expensive,hanging by a red and white little cord).The bottle of Ange ou demon tendre is perfect for a "martzishor" gift.The lilly of the valley and lilly captures me forever,and,finally ,the woody notes aplly me the coup de grace.This stays with me for a long time-and I talk about edt.

esandess
esandess

The scent is rather plain, nothing disctinct about it, however is non-offensive and easily wearable. Its ok but wouldnt be my signature scent.

guest_Ana
guest_Ana

It's amazing!!!

I have just received this today and bought it blind; a whole 100mls of it off Ebay (as you do). I thought it was the Ange Ou Demon but alas it was the Tendre. It really doesn't smell the way I was expecting it to. To me it has a very masculine and rather sharp edge. Also I get menthol and an effect when sniffing my wrist very reminicent of a Vicks inhaler; clears my sinuses beautifully but not want I want from a perfume. Shame because I really looking for something to make me feel all mysterious and sexy. I'm sure it will smell gorgeous on the right person. Will give it to my daughter and see how she gets on with it. For now I will be scouring Ebay for Ange ou Demon and making sure I get the right one!! :0)

guest_a little eccentric
guest_a little eccentric

This fragrance is beautiful, lasts hours on my skin,strong but not offensive...but leaves me extremely puzzled. I'd love to have it in my collection only if it wasn't similar to one of the Adidas men's fragrances. I don't know what it is but reminds me of my ex boyfriend's shower gel I used to adore on him. The beginning of it is fairly strong but the drydown is absolutely gorgeous,warm and sensual. More unisex, than feminine. If I'd never met that guy with the extensive Adidas range, I'd have this scent in my collection by now. By the way, the name is a perfectly right choice, I just cannot decide if it's as good as an angel or as wicked as a demon. :-)

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I think this one has destroyed the name of ange ou demon.I love ange ou demon but this one gets just to boring compared with its big sister.It smells the same,yes but like ange ou demon smells after wearing it for a long time.The latest drydown of ange ou demon,thats how it smells..

rachelmaryaddiction
rachelmaryaddiction

I love the EDP but it is so strong on me I just cant wear it its so overpowering. This is the perfect way for me to wear it. It still has the same characteristics for me just lighter but still good sillage. It has a sharp quality to it I just love. I like it a lot and I like the bottle.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Starts as a flowery - oriental - vanilla, rather strong and powdery. It calms down after 15 min and remains as intriguing cozy smell, keeps me wondering is it flowers, or woods, or spice; cant detect...
Gives great soft feeling while wearing it, not loud speaking but certainly cant pass unnoticed. Its great for everyday use in colder months, for people who like smooth florals.
Highly recommend it.

I much prefer this fragrance over the original.

I found Ange Ou Demon to be a little strong even for wear in the cooler months. This fragrance however, captures the essence of its predecessor and in my opinion, is much more pleasant.

It's powdery, soft and delicate with subtle hints of spices and woods. Mysterious and sensual, this fragrance guarantees to intrigue and draw in the opposite sex's interest with ease.

While the original was more grounded and dark, I find Ange Ou Demon Tendre to be heavenly, almost ethereal.

For something unique, feminine and soft from the house of Givenchy, you can't pass up this wonderful scent.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I tried this one on a couple of weeks ago in a shop. At frist it smells abit like powdery woods. But then it suddenly disappears. I was very disappointed beacuse I was actually starting to like this one. It lasted for about 30 mins on my skin.

tsofa
tsofa

I imagine myself wearing this fragrance, walking through the crowd starring at me, wondering: ‘who is she? An angel or a daemon? ‘
This is how it makes me feel: mysterious, dynamic, like I’m going to conquer the world...
I can’t find anything negative to say about this fragrance. And I must say it’s all about chemistry...Whether you like it or not!
And although it’s the original’s little sister I still believe that it’s ‘eccentric‘ and somehow it has ‘personality’. I still find it to be a special one.

I picked it up to smell it and immediately my nose wrinkled. Strong and just kind of weird.

snobuni77
snobuni77

I don't think its too sweet at all.My husband said that it was a little to masculine for him though.He likes me to wear more Fru Fru scents.I think that its perfect.I get vanilla in this but I don't see it in the notes?? Hummm...anyway the rosewood,orange blossom & LILY make this a very wearable scent.I betcha its the Patchouli that makes it masculine.I think that it is the perfect amount & it isn't an overly cheap patchouli scent (for me anyway)

I don't care if he likes it or not !

Cassiano
Cassiano

In spite of being a female perfume, I fell in love with it when I first met its wonderful smell.
The sweet notes of this perfume are not agressive as the majorite of the women's fragrances that has floral tones and strong aldehydes.
In here, everything is creamy, slightly floral and powdery.

For me, all the steps of its evolution are wonderful and I dare say that lots of men would wear it with easy. Besides that, its bottle it's totally modern and beautiful.

One more time, Givenchy shows its qualities!

crysna
crysna

great fragrance! i love it, smells very soft, unique and classy. great job Givenchy

rebella
rebella

I really liked Ange ou Demon the first time I tested it, but the second time I tested it it went bad on me. :( Now I have a sample of this "lighter" version and I have tried it twice and so far it´s very nice. It is lighter, fresher and softer than the original version. Woods, citruses, flowers and I find the patchoulinote in this one very delicate. Unfortunatly neither my husband or my youngest daughter like it. But I do! It´s mysterious, mature and still works for daywear!

lovelylavender
lovelylavender

softer version of the old Ange ou Demon. Great for daily wear, unlike the old Ange who's more suitable for night. For mature woman.

klonk
klonk

I really like this! And I like it better than the original version which is more powerful. This is a soft, sophisticated and very different scent. And in a way I find this one more 'fresh'... Will even be right for the office (I think!).

Marianne
Marianne

Soft, oriental, sensual, musky notes. There's nothing new about this scent-it seems to have been there before in any form-a standard-fragrance.

Ange ou Demon Tendre by Givenchy 3.82 out of 5 based on 356 ratings and 61 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Ange ou Demon Tendre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Ange ou Demon Tendre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ange ou Demon Tendre by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ange ou Demon Tendre by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.