Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Dahlia Divin Givenchy for women

Dahlia Divin  Givenchy for women
dislike

Dahlia Divin  Givenchy for women Videos
Dahlia Divin  Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin  Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin  Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin  Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin  Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin  Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin  Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin  Givenchy for women Pictures

Givenchy is launching a new fragrance Dahlia Divin in September of 2014. Dahlia Divin follows the theme and the fantasy of the Dahlia Noir line that was started in 2011.

Dahlia Divin's composition is centered around a Sambac jasmine note on a woody-chypre base. It was created by perfumer Francois Demachy. Mirabelle plum is at the opening, leading way to the heart of Sambac jasmine and white flowers. The base is woody, made of sandalwood, vetiver and patchouli.

The face of the perfume is American R & B singer Alicia Keys. Givenchy Dahlia Divin is available as 30, 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum.

Mirabelle

Far Away Bella Sunset

Dahlia Divin Fragrance Reviews

MrsMurgatroyd
MrsMurgatroyd

Lovely floral and great patchouli.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

This is so refined and creamy. It is a delightful floral of obvious sophistication. I do love it as I love mashed potato casserole at midnight. It is comforting and makes me feel golden, loved and impenetrable. The plum is perfectly blended for my taste but my skin most picks up the floral and sandlewood aspects. Sillage is arms length , some days far more reaching. Longevity is windfall. But as always these things are deeply personal and according to chemistry. This reminds me of a very sophisticated , wealthy woman with an undercurrent of sensuality. A Grace Kelly type. More ladylike than overtly sexual. A beautiful scent.

AlexHato
AlexHato

This Dahlia is not so Divin for smokers. Combined with cigarette it just smells bad. Also, something gives me a headache.

perfume_infatuated
perfume_infatuated

A classical, pleasing "fruitchouli". Formal and classy smelling. The patchouli is extensive and powdery in this one, but the sweetness keeps it well accepted.

atreyuas
atreyuas

I wanted to like this fragrance so much, as it seems to be everywhere and the bottle is beautiful, and the notes alone should have made it a slam-dunk for me. But I’m not getting half of this fragrance’s advertised appeal - the chypre base! First I get a sweet whiff of sugary plum, followed by a soft and utterly gorgeous jasmine accord with a background of other white flowers, and then … well, not much. I don’t get any grounding notes of wood or grassy earth or patchouli, etc. Just sweet plum and jasmine. Now, that isn’t bad. Actually, I LOVE jasmine, and here it’s soft and lush and warm. The opening is very pleasant and it’s a great quality fragrance. But I swear I’ve smelled it before. I could easily mistake it for any number of scents following that fruity floral trend. As for its billing as a floral fruity chypre, I think Miss Dior nailed those notes a little better. And sadly, this juice just doesn’t go anywhere on me.

MoonSparrow
MoonSparrow

Givenchy has some enchanting florals, Very Irresistible, Organza and Amarige to name my favorites. And then there's this fragrance with the beautiful name that belies the stinker therein.

I tried it on a whim while at Ulta yesterday and can't seem to shake the unpleasant experience. Of course I knew it was floral by the name, but why is it that all I get is a wretched vetiver/patchouli combo? I get neither plum nor dahlia spoken of so lovingly by others. My nose recoils and my skin is not amused.

Too bad Givenchy couldn't create a fragrance worthy of the name.

jacmac
jacmac

Very floral, similar to miss dior. A simple jasmine and white floral on a creamy wood base. Pretty but not sexy or complicated. Demure, smells like a good girl who goes to church ;)

Suzybee
Suzybee

Finally got to wear this, last night, in cooler weather. It's a beautiful floral-oriental, warm, with a classic edge. It's in the same vein as Hanae Mori or a lighter Guerlain perfume. There's nothing sweet or gourmandish about this one. Definitely not trendy. It's a classic perfume with great sillage and longevity. A must have for any collector.

AshLeigh512
AshLeigh512

This perfume means business. It's for a grown up, confident woman. The floral woody notes really come through and the lasting power on this is a 10. Only downside is I've had colleagues complain the perfume is too strong when I'm barely wearing any. This is better for a night out. Nice scent but definitely on the bold side.

Siv55
Siv55

"When gold meets fragrance", says the packaging. My sample card also tells me this will enrobe me like a couture gown and unveil a radiant divine sensuality within me. Then it gives up it's hyperbole and just says "lush floral woody" in a sulky voice, as if it knows this stuff is a bit embarrassing really. So what is it?
Smooth white floral chypre, sweetened with plum. Don't over spray, it could get cloying I think.
Can someone tell me if the latest fashion in perfumery is hyper floral? I seem to have tested such a lot of it lately it's become my new generic after fruity floral..

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

This is not the most 'conspicuous' eau de parfum, nonetheless I find it very distinctive and classy. Worthy of the Givenchy name.

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

I have the Dahlia Noir and while I don't find it "noir" in the slightest, I prefer it over this "Divin." They actually have little in common, so if you like one, you may not like the other. Dahlia Divin opens with a very sweet accord--not quite gourmand, but more "Flowerbomb" --a cleaner, more linear version with little to no patch to me. One reviewer noted that when s/he first tried it, it seemed "too mature." I think it is "too young"--but scent has no ages. To me, this is similar to a lot of flanker fruity-sandalwood/musk dry downs out there. One person about 10 reviews down said it reminded them of "dryer sheets." And yes, there's that. Now to be fair, I like dryer sheets! I just don't know if that makes for a "signature perfume." There is a wisp of Jasmine, some "general white flowers" and then the "sugar" from the plum hits--and to me it's an amorphous fruity sweetness. That dies down a bit, and becomes just a low sweetish flower, sightly woody-musky by end of day. Imho this is not worth a FB unless that's what you like! Fruity sweetness is not my cup of tea, and I like my florals straight-up and strong (Give me Fracas, for instance or Un Voix Noir). I think this will be a crowd pleaser, however, and it will probably work just fine at the office since it is not a silage bomb and is generally agreeable. I do not find it sexy--and certainly, some occasions do not call for "sexy." This really should have a different name and not be a flanker of Dahlia Noir (which I strangely like with all of its soapy cleanliness, totally unlike my usual woods, resins, incense scents). You may want to ask for a sample first. Happy sniffing!

raiza1990
raiza1990

A sweet white floral. Exactly the type of perfume i like. This is heavenly! The sweetness is not cloying, it is very elegant,comfy and soft. So feminine! The patchouli is noticable but not disturbing, the same for the vetiver.
Longevity is great and sillage is very good.
This is an underestimated fragrance.
2 thumbs up for Dahlia Divin. I hope it never gets discontinued!

mymlan
mymlan

Yes, I liked it immediately, but then I'm a white floral lover. In some sense Dahlia Divine shares DNA with Rubinstein Wanted, another fragrance I think doesn't gets the love it is worthy of. This is a honeyed white floral fragrance with a fruity top, smooth patchouli and then a little pinch of wood and vetiver in the base to give it a little edge. It is versatile and well executed and probably a siggy material for a white floral lover who doesn't have too many fragrances already. Thumbs up! :)

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Dahlia is a pretty and very sweet fruity floral fragrance. This opens with a Mirabelle plum which is more like grapes. I smell grapes! This could be black currant. There is a delicious plummy scent but there could be another fruit note that hasn't been listed on Fragrantica. Delicious. The white flowers of jasmine and unlisted gardenia and tuberose are clearly there. But they are soft and very faint white flowers, allowing the jasmine to be the queen. This is a lovely white floral fragrance so if you like white flowers you should be ok with this. The dry down and the last stage of the scent is aromatic patchouli and sandalwood. There is also vetiver and that stuff is pretty spicy. This scent starts fruity turns floral and concludes with spiced up patchouli and sandalwood. Oriental? Sure but not a heavy Oriental. Nothing about this perfume is loud or excessive. Just right. Gorgeous. Recommend for spring and summer.

blake.lee
blake.lee

Does this remind anyone else of the original Miss Dior Cherie? The one with strawberry and caramel in it? This gave me a distinct memory association with the original Miss Doir Cherie. I mean it's not a dupe for it but they feel the same. I think this smells more like MDC than the horrible reformulation of MDC does. The top notes are sweet and a bit sharp, it almost smells like red currant. The middle is still sweet, but the red fruit dissipates and the white florals have their moment in the spotlight. The drydown is delicious! It's a soft, warm, slightly spicy vanilla/caramel feeling drydown with a touch of white floral. The top notes are my least favorite part, but overall it's beautiful and I'm happy to have found a replacement for Miss Dior Cherie in my vast fragrance wardrobe.

jolla
jolla

Lovely perfume! bought this yesterday att the airport and sprayed it on my wrists today at morning and i can still smell it after 5-6 hours. Saw in comments below that this one disappeared after 1 hour i don't know if it was something wrong with the bottle they tried or something because this one sticks through the day. Vanilla is not listed in the notes but for me this is a plum-vanilla fragrance with flowers in the background. It starts off a bit sharp but after a few minutes it becomes this beautiful warm and mature fragrance. Even though there is plum in this and there is a sweetness this perfume is not for those who love the typical la vie belle / black opium sweetness, This one is for those who like sweetness but with a mature finish. Perfect for summer, this one will be one of my favourites.

Beantoes
Beantoes

RGorgeous. Wonderful. Florals and vanilla right up front. The flowers are smooth and syrupy and the vanilla is held up by a powdery sandalwood. I can smell the fruitiness but it isn't a cheap juvenile fruit like you sometimes encounter, it's warmer and deeper than I expected. I really really like this. It smells womanly and beautiful. On me this is somehow both strong and yet airy. It floats around with a definite presence but it doesn't feel like it's weighing me down or being too loud. This feels right on me. It hasn't changed really from first spray except it has gotten a bit smoother and the scents have created a cohesive note instead of me smelling them independently. Beautiful.

Less than two hours of wear and wondering where it went. Now I'm sad. It was pretty while it lasted but there's no way I would buy this with it going away so fast. I'll have to try it again right after moisturizing and see if it can be saved.

Ailee
Ailee

it smells nice but ive smelled others that have the same smell like this. nothing special. average perfume, one that will bore me soon. sorry not sorry

Joker888
Joker888

This is a very nice, elegant perfume for every day. Not too special, but simply womanly and lovely. I like this fragrance. The white flowers are feeling nicely.

Vera Bosch
Vera Bosch

This is a beautiful classy fragrance with a wonderful composition where citrusy notes, Oriental notes and flowers are combined and made into a sophisticated perfume.
As it misses warm notes it is not a very appropriate perfume for autumn and winter nights. This fresh, slightly Oriental perfume is perfect for sunny days, all day long, it's very 'clean'.

liliputput
liliputput

I had almost all the Givenchy perfumes, I can`t get enough of their scents...but when I tried Dahlia Divin I found my true self through this scent! I love it, everybody around me also and it lasts...all over my 12-hour shifts...and it also fits very well with my uniform (police) ;-)
So not only succesful business women, also a police-woman in 40`s can easily wear it and the people go waw after her :-p

Ferminadaza
Ferminadaza

It's funny that the previous review mentioned a salon. Upon first sniff of Dahlia Divin in a fashion mag, the smell hit me over the nose with a place memory....it smells like an upscale African American beauty shop.

I remember telling my sister that Givenchy decided to throw a little soul on this one. She sniffed it...and agreed.

This isn't a bad smell at all and it's fascinating to see it presented in a french fragrance. Fragrance and our sense of smell, what we find agreeable, what we find comforting have so many cultural connections. It's like pumpkin pie. I don't find pumpkin pie to be a comforting scent. It was not a common dish on my holiday table. I'm not drawn to the vegetal allspice nutmeg pumpkin pie smell. Sweet potato pie or even better a bean pie? Now that's the stuff. The egg-y cream brulee buttery scent that both of those desserts possess draw me in each time.

Aside from what may be different in terms of scent predilection, fragrance as a part of the everyday grooming process is such a huge element within black culture as a whole. There's this common belief in three things: being clean, looking good, and smelling good. Common refrain that I heard growing up----"when you look good, you feel good and you can't look good if you don't smell good".

In other words, when I say it smells like a beauty shop from within my culture, that's not a bad thing in my book.

I myself have spent a better portion of the Saturdays of my childhood and young adulthood either under the dryer in said shops or waiting in the chair for some always late beautician---get there at 8 am for a 9 am appointment and you're not getting in that chair until almost 10 am but you'll wait because the beautician is one of the best and she/he knows that.

Now...imagine beautiful ladies in every shade of skin from french vanilla to sable, all of them well dressed, and gossiping away while beauticians and their assistants move among them. In the air, there is the scent of intermingling floral and oriental perfumes against a backdrop smell of hair dyes, relaxers, and other chemical processes...there you have Dahlia Divin.

Vibrantly floral, no one specific note that stands out, with a sharp boozy strident note running beneath it all.

I should also add that I liked the perfume enough after smelling it in the magazine to buy a full bottle. It's not an everyday scent, but it's nice.

Sillage is moderate as is longevity.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

The best part is the middle to the drydown. I really liked that. Its better than most out there currently.

However the opening comes off very rough and synthetic. This is one that needs the full cycle to decide if you enjoy it or not.

This is much better for those not into the gourmand or fruitchouli sweet genre. So in that respect its a good choice if you are looking for that.

The longevity and silage is low, and if they pumped that up they'd really have something. But they didn't. Its decent but its not one to put on in the morning and still smell it at the end of the day.

Its a nice wearable feminine scent if you are looking for certain things. I was out and about wearing it when it was in its middle to drydown phase and a man commented my perfume, and said it smelled "expensive".

I'm still debating to buy a full bottle. I probably will for the days I need to wear something modern.

polkadot27
polkadot27

It is classy and sophisticated but too mediocre, I get jasmin and white flowers- it is blended well that is why it smells classy- it is floral but not heavy floral- it is soft smelling and subtle. It is pleasant but not original and is rather weak and quickly fades for the price. Very well blended though. Safe option for females 25 years + It is rather grown up and a little too put together for everyday wear in my opinion. I can imagine females who have their hair done in a salon updo every day and who contour and never look undone wearing this- a little high maintenance but not trashy- just too high maintenance for me.

loonad
loonad

this perfume smells like ear wax to me.i really don't like it and i'm thankful that i had a 1ml sample to make me decide.i will give this sample to someone who might enjoy it....

Swamp Lily
Swamp Lily

Lightly fruity and sweet in a grown up way, Divin is nice but not remarkable.

Jurisprude
Jurisprude

This is a nice fragrance. But to my nose it is a bit like Mademoiselle Chanel. I'd wear it to office because I found it to stay close to the skin. It's clean but I'd would pass on a full purchase bottle to be honest.

aspirina
aspirina

Why did Givenchy make such a weak scent? I just got a sample from a well known retailer and..well I hardly can smell it! soft white flowers..maybe jasmin? and a woody..a bit powdery base. I have to get my nose realle close to the skin to smell it. And well...puff..gone..in just 1 hour!
The scent is very clean, serious...motherly maybe? I guess a pregnant woman with aversion to strong scents could use this. I am glad I just got a sample, this is way overpriced!

davide2111
davide2111

Profumo di alto livello. Spiccano i fiori bianchi tra le note, intensa anche la nota della prugna goccia d'oro ben accompagnata dal legno di sandalo con meno intensità patchouli e vetiver. Nel complesso profumo consigliabile per olfatti fini.
Longevità 8.5/10
Sillage 8/10
Profumo 9.5/10

Purplegem
Purplegem

At first I thought this smelt a bit of rose, but it turns out it must be the 'white florals' and possibly plum that create this smell. I like white florals but this is more of the old fashioned kind (as far as floral perfumes go). I notice a slight sweetness but overall its actually quite spicy and strong and has a dirtiness to it and therefore I don't like it. On drydown its a cosy sandalwood woody scent that is quite nice but I can't take the dirtiness, spiciness and strength of this perfume (based on one spray from a small tester!) along with the slightly old fashioned smelling florals. I would say its suited to someone a bit older even though I don like to put an age range on perfumes. Its quite sensual.

Fairyfire
Fairyfire

I have been a fan of Ralph Lauren- Ralph, Lauren, and Ralph Blue. I was looking for a new signature scent that follows the lines of a sheer spring floral. I found this and absolutely love it. It reminds me of a daffodil, or lilac bush, with a hint of honeysuckle. The only problem is, I have to spray a ton on to make it noticeable on me. That's alright though. I love this new (to me) scent.

kbot
kbot

So, my body chemistry changed drastically during and post-pregnancy, so many scents I used to be able to wear just don't work on me anymore. It's hard to explain, but this perfume smelled on me the way I remember Miss Dior Cherie smelling on me back in the day, which makes sense given the common notes. I can't wear Miss Dior anymore, though, whereas I could see myself wearing this all evening long.

Right out of the bottle, I loved it. Multiple notes stood out--jasmine obviously, but in concert with a white floral/woodsy/vetiver combo in way that I liked instantly. I have to be careful with sandalwood and patchouli, but these did not pop out much at all on me, and instead evolved into a dreamy warmth that I think makes this perfect for winter evenings. Surprising longevity--I've showered since putting it on and still smell traces on my wrist.

The bad news is that the longer I wore it, the less complex it remained, so that all I eventually got was big jasmine (which I liked, don't get me wrong) and that creamy, almost vanilla warmth underneath. Enjoyable, but not as exciting in the drydown as what I'd gotten from the first hour of wear.

I might need to revisit this one--it was a store sample so I doused myself, and I'm almost wondering if less is more with Dahlia Divin.

Overall, I could see this being a crowd-pleaser for evening wear, especially for a mature/30+ professional woman.

Acid
Acid

When it first started, it was so delicate and soft. Shy white flowers with a few drops of pure plum juice sitting on a table of golden wood. It wasn't impressing or original - I have seen that picture so many times before - but it still made me glad and I started to think I had just found a new friend to visit every now and then.

But then, it happened. After only 40 minutes that pleasant picture got destroyed with no mercy.
I found myself in a field of sharp patchouli. The natural flowers disappeared, and only synthetic plums could be found. Not a single trace of soul or grace is left.
It was all a lie.
Why, Givenchy?

pauroj
pauroj

it is like a candied lemon a bit sharp at the beginning and then it gets mellowed a bit by the other notes but the sharpness remains even if it is not as intense , not for me but it is friendly and clean so i guess is great for office

Ivyswirl
Ivyswirl

When I first got this I thought it was a lovely sweet white floral that embodied the current trend and it satisfied that craving that I got after walking about nice shiny department stores...

So walking about work a little while later I wondered who was wearing it, I kept getting wafts!
Took me a couple of hours to realise it was the new air freshener in the loo... It seems this perfume is so on trend with a sweet white floral that even air freshener companies have gone for it...
Sadly it had to go.

sassa7
sassa7

yuck too sour. reminds me of an Isaac Mizrahi perfume I think its the Eau so Fabulous. I swear tho ive smelt this sour sweet scent in other perfumes

This fragrance reminds me gold!

Mirabelle plum with jasmine on sandalwood base. Sour and sweet:) Even a little bit yummy.

I like it.

n4jl1
n4jl1

Beautiful elegant scent that rubs my heart but unfortunately d longevity us poor on me! So im hesitantly thinkin about wether to purchase it. The scent is sweet and sour at d same time with some nice white flowers in it. Beautifully unique.
رایحه بسیار خاص و زیبایی داره ولی متاسفانه برای من ماندگاریش خیلی خیلی کمه:(
رایحه فوق العاده ای داره. بسیار خاصه. ترش و شیرین . الو همیشه همراهی می کنه و به زیبایی صندل با گل های سفید بالانس شدن. اصلا تند یا ازاردهنده نیست. رایحه ش خیلی خاصه. اسمش واقعا برازندشه

cerebellum
cerebellum

I LOVE this perfume! I have been looking for a perfume to wear on my wedding day, and I think this might be the one. I have a little sample of it, and I can't get enough. I love it from beginning to end. It starts off with a gorgeous mix of flowers and the plum...I absolutely love jasmine. The dry down is this creamy, subtle woody patchouli scent that is very elegant. I think this perfume is very sophisticated and glamorous--somewhat of a departure from my usual taste, but in a very good way. Can't wait to get my hands on an actual bottle!

CharleneApril
CharleneApril

Hi! Got a sample of this today and I am in love! At first sniff before wearing I kind of did a 'woh' as in this scent is potent! Ha! But then I put it on and that's when the magic happened! It is really super warm with florals and almost a buttery caramel dry down on me! Pure luxury! Not in my budget to purchase right now but would love to own a bottle of this! I couldn't imagine anyone hating this! I don't quite see this as a young scent though. It's more suitable for 30 years old or older.

enbee.minette
enbee.minette

I had this perfume as a gift from my brother. It has a floral, seductive, and very feminine scent. White jasmine flowers notes can be easily noticed. Unlike J'adore which also blends in jasmine flowers, Dahlia Divin is warmer, powderier and slighly more glamourous.
However, compared to Coco Mademoiselle and J'adore, it doesn't last long. I was at a party for 4 hours and the sent had completely gone. I'm a little bit dissappointed with its strength.

Perfumejunkie7
Perfumejunkie7

This is a lovely bouquet of white flowers and a big fragrant shrub of jasmine sambac. Jasmine is the most prominent flower in the composition and it's a VERY realistic one. I live where a lot of jasmine sambac bushes grow and this smells like entering a garden full of jasmine and white flowers.

Very feminine, beautiful and elegant but nothing new or groundbreaking. If you like crowd-pleasing, grown up, ladylike sweet floral scents, this one is for you.

PerfuMEOW
PerfuMEOW

This fragrance is just beautiful. I only tested a sample I received in a swap but am already in love! It's warm and cozy... perfect for the upcoming fall and winter.

EDIT: Sept. 2015 -- I just won a full bottle in a giveaway and once it arrives I will give it a more in depth review. :) So excited!!

Cassiano
Cassiano

Released in 2014, this fragrance was designed around the scent of jasmine Sambac. According to the manufacturer, is what happens when gold meets fragrance.

The inspiration was the Haute Couture, as if each bottle of Dahlia Divin was a custom dress, illuminated by thousands of gold threads and gemstones involving the skin, as in the piece made for Alicia Keys during the advertising campaign.
The creator was François Demachy, who is Dior’s perfumer and responsible for Dahlia collection for Givenchy (Dahlia Noir and Dahlia Divin lines). He says he tried to create a delicate and delightful scent, balancing colored and juicy notes, reminiscent of his childhood.

In the composition, Mirabelle Plum, right in the output; White flowers and Jasmine Sambac, in the heart; Patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver, in the base. It belongs to the group of floral-woody fragrances, but on skin reveals itself as a floral-gourmand. I am still curious with the fact that it doesn't have notes of vanilla or benzoin, because this nuance is very present.

By analyzing in a simple way, it's like taking great floral scents from the 80’s and 90’s, and modernize them with a minimalist olfactory pyramid. Dahlia Divin is for today what Trésor was 20 years ago.

Comparisons abound: Coco Mademoiselle, Miss Dior Le Parfum, Armani Si, among others. But I didn't see anyone citing Hot Couture, also from Givenchy, with its sweet aroma of red fruits. I was reminded of it at various times of evolution, since the Mirabelle plum also enters in this group of red fruits.

On my skin, it behaved in a linear manner, as if it was a bouquet of jasmine covered by a fruity jam, which is dipped in a vanilla liqueur. And, as the name says, the fragrance is divine!
Both projection and lasting are absurd. In one of my tests, I applied before bed and was still with it on my skin on the next day, after 12 hours.

The bottle follows the concept of being enlightened, with shades of white, beige and gold, but the 30ml bottle is not smaller than the others. It is taller, longer and does not have the same finishing on the neck.

nadiadncr
nadiadncr

This perfume reminds me of J'adore L'or. They have the same core however I think that dahlia projects more. This is definitely a woman's perfume not a girly or teenage one. It's deep smells great and it's more suitable for cold weather instead of summer. A must have to your collection.

amethystcat
amethystcat

On this one, I'll add an edit beginning of July. Now that I've dipped my toe into the fragrance pool, so to speak, I dug out all my paper and foil card testers Ulta and Sephora always stick in their packages. Dahlia Divin was the first I tried, but it was a paper sample. Even so I fell in love with this scent. First it's a oriental floral that leans heavily to the floral side (at least on my skin), and it has the jasmine, sandalwood, and patchouli I love. Here's crossing my fingers that it smells at least as good in a bottle as it does on paper - update when I get paid and can buy a small bottle lol

tia2905
tia2905

The first time I tried it, I did not like it. It seemed too heavy...too "mature". I was disappointed and pushed it to the back of my collection shelf. I don't know what inspired me to give it another try, but I tried it out today and I really enjoyed it. Dahlia Divin is a perfume for a woman. I don't see it as girly at all. It is sweet, but not sugary. It smells expensive and refined. It is a perfumy perfume, rich and heady. It could be overwhelming if applied with too heavy a hand. I didn't think my fiance would like it because he usually dislikes heavy fragrances, but he actually said that I smelled wonderful today. I think this perfume has a time and place. It makes you feel womanly and may not be suitable for every occassion. I wore it today on a date with my man and it was just the thing to kick both my confidence and sexiness levels up a few notches. I feel that this perfume would be best suited for women 35+.

tabitha106
tabitha106

Dahlia Divin is Devine! Recently purchased a bottle after trying the sample and really love it. Great sillage and staying power but not in an loud way. The fragrance is elegant and rich. Probably my favorite thing about it, is that it's different from everything else I have, and the entire world is not wearing it! The bottle is lovely as well. My only complaint would be that Givenchy did not expand the line to include creams/lotion, bath gel, etc. As someone who loves to layer my fragrances this is disappointing. There is a "lotion" but not really--it's more of a goopy gold-flecked gel. But this is still the best new fragrance for evening that I've found.

Blonde McBeatz
Blonde McBeatz

Wow, I love this perfume! It's floral, smooth, creamy and elegant. I have a little mini sample of this. I would wear this in the evenings and cooler days. If anyone has a bottle they don't want, I'm interested!

rainfairy
rainfairy

I bought this perfume 2 years ago at Macy's. The sales staff at the Givenchy counter referred this to me as a brand new, unique, feminine, classy scent. I was originally going to buy Nina by Nina Ricci, but I found out that it has been discontinued. She gave me a sample of the lotion and it really smells wonderful. It's floral and feminine. This scent makes me feel like a princess. I prefer wearing this on special occasions. The scent lasts for 8hrs on me. I would recommend this perfume. The bottle is very elegant and expensive looking. I think this is an evening scent on days you feel like dressing up on weddings. It is a scent for a sophisticated and classy woman.

CarmendyNola
CarmendyNola

Softer, lovelier, less biting... Dahlia Divin, in my opinion, shares almost no properties with Dahlia Noir so if you weren't a fan of the Noir you should still give this a try.

Since actual dahlias have no fragrance at all, this scent is embodies what the beautiful flower would smell like if it had a scent. It's complexity lies in its simplicity... there is a delicate balance of sultry spice and powdery musk, but in a way that makes the pure white floral mix shine, and yes, it is very much akin to Coco Mademoiselle. It is soft and feminine in a very pure way. It's longevity and sillage are just about perfect, so it's deserving of being a staple in any collection. Though I did not have the same affection for the Noir as I do for Divin, it was equally as impressive and long lasting. Great vacation scent or every day fragrance.

Creamy, elegant, luxurious... a worthy signature scent!

irenesa
irenesa

So I was walking thought the aisles of my perfumery... when a pretty lady saw me and said: You are going to love this fragrance. And I saw the bottle, the lady, and answered her: oh really? no please don't spray it on me, could you please give me a tester (paper) first?. And she did. I smelled, and I literally said: uuhmmm. ok could you please spray it on me? IN LOVE.

This luxurious fragrance is creamy, white flowers are there, are soft, are feminine bur you can really really smell gold. You can smell class, this is a damn good perfume, for a white flowers day fragrance. Those are hard to find. The patchouli IS there. I smell MORE than the listed notes. I smell some milky notes, something fruitty but I can not put my finger on what it is is just amazing.

The classic perfume that smells like.. "perfume". Not for a teenager and you know, those people who loves gourmand chocolatey, vanilla scents (that WAS me). NO! this is a grown up, WELL BUILD day time perfume. Somehow fresh, bright, charming. If you like J'adore Dior.. or lady million.. get this. smells somehow similar, but I feel, this is the most charming and alluring fragrance, that a gown up woman should have.

This is a successful business woman, taking a private jet to Barcelona, with her lover by her side.

Salud!

PS. F. Demanchy.. you have Fan right here!! WELL DONE!

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

The creamy white florals make the first appearance. There is barely any patchouli, but that does not detract from this fragrance whatsoever. It is soft, slighty sweet and executed perfectly. Love at the first inhalation. I forsee many bottles of this treasure in my future.

NurseElle
NurseElle

Smells very rich and luxurious, warm and almost golden. Longevity around 3-4 hours on my skin, drydown just as lovely as initial spray.

goingblonde
goingblonde

This is very pretty , soft yet with great longevity.
It can be worn daily for work or going out IMO.
Lots of white flowers that are blended together perfectly, with whiffs of Jasmine floating above the others every so often.
Simple yet elegant !
Givenchy makes some wonderful fragrances, I think they do not always get enough credit for :)

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

ooooh this is so nice. A true mix of jasmine and soft flowers, I don't see that there is much of a change in this fragrance as it develops, it pretty much stays the same, although the sandalwood develops very slowly. A very very classy feminine fragrance.

Dr.Dobes
Dr.Dobes

Heavenly is the first thing that comes to mind. I'm halfway through my 50ml bottle and the smell has transformed into a second-skin type fragrance, especially on the dry down-- it just gets better as the weeks go by (I wear this every day). I can't describe it, but you know those people who just have a smell, and it doesn't come from a bottle, it's just how they smell? That is what this is like; it's as if I have a (really amazing) natural fragrance. A male friend commented that I smell like "sweet sweet flowers" and I totally agree. It may sound ridiculous, but Dahlia Divin isn't just a perfume, it's an experience.

lovealwaysalisa
lovealwaysalisa

This is HEAVENLY to my nose and works well with my body chemistry. Sweet but sophisticated, floral but toned down and natural. I tend to really enjoy Givenchy fragrances and this is no exception. This would work well as a dressed up kind of scent. A special event or even a date scent. Very CLASSY. This is on my want list. :)

tneequeenie
tneequeenie

This is another sweet, floral fragrance bombarding the shelves of consumers everywhere.
First impression, Love....10 minutes later....where did it go??I barely detect a scent at all!! All that's left reminds me of some cheap pefumed body talc that has been applied hours earlier. I don't find it offensive or bad smelling, it just isn't worth the Givenchy name or price tag.

HotPozzum
HotPozzum

I've tested this numerous times, almost purchased. LOVED the initial scent but seriously no longevity on me so just not worth buying it. :-(

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

A lovely white floral fragrance with the sort of touch of class one would expect from a Givenchy fragrance, but something seems to be missing here. Perhaps because I didn't try it on my skin, but it seemed like it needed a touch of sweetness in it to bring it to fruition--nothing drastic to fall into cotton candy territory, but something with a little 'zing' to make it fully bloom. Of course, that was my impression from smelling it on the paper strip, but I just wasn't moved enough to put it on my skin. Perhaps next time I will to see if it develops past the safe, almost bland stage...

chelspxoxo
chelspxoxo

I don't like this upon first smell. I received a 1 oz bottle as a gift, so I decided to give it a try. After it dries down, it's beautiful! It's pretty strong, so a little goes a long way. To me, it's a powdery white floral. That's not usually my style, but this one works somehow. It's a clean smell in a way. Reminds me of dryer sheets kind of. It's nice. Try before buying

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Givenchy Dahlia Divin smell like a mixture of tart plum/mirabelle, creamy but vague white floral and sugary patchouli on me. I quite like the evolution plum/mirabelle in Dahlia Divin: it's tart and green at first, then becomes ripe and stewed in the drydown, which adds a subtle dynamic.

Except for the development of plum/mirabelle, Dahlia Divin doesn't change much, other than it becomes smoother as it dries down. The sandalwood is not very prominent, but it probably contributes to the creamy, almost buttery texture in the drydown.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is around 10 hours. Dahlia Divin is quite enjoyable, albeit relatively safe and nothing innovative. But at least, I find it velvety and more polished than a few others in the same 'modern chypre' category.

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

This is really nice!
It's too "heavy" for a daily use in my opinion but perfect for night time!
On a daily basis i like to use light florals, but this woody floral absolutely stole my heart or special ocations!

outofocus
outofocus

If you ever read my posts, you'd know that I've been running a bashing capaign on Givenchy's latest perfumes like Very Irresistible, Ange ou Demon and... yes, Dahlia and its cousins. All of them marketing oriented, no staying power, "Dove" like fragances.
This being said, I tried Dalhia Divine and was somewhat surprised to experience a rather nice fragrance.
I laugh at the name, since I think the message was: look, the rest of the Dahlia collection is crap, but on this one, we tried to do a better job... and indeed they have.
Anyhow, still a long way for me to buy it, it's not comparable to "My Burberry" which I think is the Season' leader. And of course, year lights away from classic Givenchy perfumes.
But maybe something is finally changing in the Maison? Maybe they realized they only sell while they spend millions on campaigns and not a flacon afterwards?

kmdrcla
kmdrcla

I love this fragrance the most when it is first sprayed - I can smell everything at once - the plum, the balsamic wood notes, the sweet florals (the first two being the most present on me) and it's just delicious. On the dry down I get a surge of jasmine and kind of sharply sweet flowers that aren't typically my cup of tea, but I think because of the solid wood base, which I like, it balances out and makes it tolerable for me. After the top and middle have dissipated I'm usually left with a very faint yummy vanilla orchid-y smell. This fragrance to me is like a more wearable, slightly more tart/balsamic version of Armani's Si, and maybe a less sugary version of Coco Mademoiselle. It is still quite sweet, but I love that it is balanced a bit by some pleasant tang. My boyfriend loves it, probably because of the little gourmand-esque parts in there. I also love how much the scent evolves on my skin throughout the day! It really works with my chemistry.

Fabulous Kevin
Fabulous Kevin

Super sweet, if you like sweet scent you will definitely love this one. It smells like very sweet candy apple to my nose, kinda generic. 8/10

Allary
Allary

Wow, I had 20 samples of perfumes on papers from yesterday and out of the final 10 I narrowed it down to, this one still has massive staying power. The other ones are very faint and almost gone but this is as strong as ever. I keep giving it another sniff and each time I think it's going to be too much for me and going in the bin, but I keep it around because, well, I like it! It's sweet but not overpowering. It smells rich and luxurious. I thought my partner would dislike it but he even says yep, that's nice, and he's disliked many similar strong perfumes, leaning more towards to fresh airy scents. I don't know if I would wear this during the day, but if I had some extra cash I'd buy it for an extra treat to wear out in the evenings on cooler days.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Smelled this on my sister who previously owned 212 VIP by Carolina Herrera, and this smells very similar. I asked my sister if she was wearing that and she said no, its the gold dahlia perfume from givenchy.
A beauty of a perfume, great evening scent which will draw compliments and a staple for jasmine lovers.

prairiebellecandle

Loved it at first....reminded me of something from an earlier time in my life. After a couple of days, though, it became too powdery, too flowery, too creamy-sweet.... good lasting-power though and a nice, tame scent.

ishabist
ishabist

I love the fragnance but hate the bottle. I feel the bottle is too cheap for such a rich fragnance. it deserved a more elegant bottle. I had it sprayed on my arm at nordstorm along with Bottega Veneta and I could still smell it the next day. unfortunatly I couldnt remember which one out of the 2 that was. I bought Bottega Veneta hoping it would be the same smell and alas it wasnt! I do like that one too - specially since I spent over a $100 on it but I have been looking for this one ever since. Finally got it as an early holiday gift from my husband and I love it!! Been wearing it everyday to work and can still smell it on my way home. its my new favourite.

lonn3k3
lonn3k3

This one's a really nice perfume, i think the name suits it very well. It may not be that special and it doesn't last that long but it sure smells sophisticated.

xXx CHAR xXx
xXx CHAR xXx

Lovely!!!

Nikkafragrance

Sexy and sweet! On my scarf it smells adorable. It's very similar to Si by Armani, which a little bit sweeter. I love everything about Dahlia Divin.

prairiebellecandle

Opening notes are addictive in a sweet, clean, florally way (like Ameriage)but then it deepens and becomes a smooth, sweet but woody, steady fragrance you can still smell hours later. I don't notice the Mirabelle plum but there is something I LOVE at opening, and it's not just plain sambac jasmine or any other floral note...so it must be the plum. I find this fragrance elegant and ladylike and inviting!

Jenny-Rebecca
Jenny-Rebecca

A lush woody floral. Depth and substance without being too cloying. The plum as the top note is the perfect opening to this long lasting woody floral. A spritz or two is perfect for the office while using in higher quantities also makes it great for a night out.

Fragrant & Lush.

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

This is not an impressive perfume.Just another "sweet"perfume which bear no character or has anything special. has no link to its original - which was a bad perfume anyway,, a waste of money, any drug store perfume will do the trick this one is trying to pull.

zumrut
zumrut

maybe it doesn't deserve the name divin exactly as the some reviews below say, but yet it is a nice, calming oriental (I would say instead chypre )floral in my opinion. I like to wear and smell it,I like it even more than the original version.

JulieG123
JulieG123

Tested this yesterday and I have to say I'm not overly impressed. The scent is nice but not exceptional, just nice. It's not offensive it just doesn't stand out from the crowd so I won't be rushing out to buy this.

persefoni
persefoni

First, let me say that i dislike all Dahlias - they've triggered major headaches one too many times...

This, however is a gourmand dahlia! It shouts vanilla, and has a yummyish aftertaste. It's sweet, like a cake topping, and lasts for hours on end. It is distinct, with only mild whiffs of flowers to make it feminin, and surprises with its edible combination of plum and vanilla ( i insist that i smell it, though not listed..)

Verdict: sooooo nice!!!!!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Stunning Bottle!

But I must agree with PO in that it does not impress me in the slightest. Maybe I should specify that the newer chypre florals aren't my cup of tea. I'm confident that it appeals to a wide range of floral lovers, even if it IS somewhat dull to my nose.

What bothers me the most about Dahlia Divin might well be it's strength, rather than it's weakness.... who knows. To me it is a cold white floral, with little warmth. But on the right chemistry could it become an airy fairy summer scent? I'd like to think so!

Update - I'm now smelling the drydown on the card and finding that it does indeed have a delicate sweetness and a well balanced construction. :D

po
po

My experience with Dahlia Divin was identical to Mellyhelly's; plastic plums, abstract florals, flat woody drydown and that's all.

I couldn't believe my nose, seems like Givenchy put zero thought on their new release. It's simply their interpretation of the synthetic, candied frutchouli that's so much in vogue and saturates the market right now. They are also trying to promote it as a sophisticated fragrance but clearly - and sadly - it isn't. Plums and white florals can be highly elegant but not their plastic and soulless version. Of course perfumes are mostly synthetic these days but does it have to be so overtly obvious?

Some originality wouldn't hurt. Rant over.

Xarah
Xarah

This perfume is beautiful. I wear it on my clothes mainly. The sandalwood and vetiver sit well with ultra fresh jasmine. I don't smell patchouli. The plum is subtle but I can almost taste it. Balanced and sexy, addictive and elegant.

flora lee
flora lee

I liked this enough to buy it, hoping to wear it at my new job. First testings I could notice a lifelike jasmine and well crafted drydown, with a little patchouli and woods, and it was feeling like a good classic fragrance for professional or dressy occasions. Both times I've put it on early in the morning though, and I get to work and there is such an aquatic plum screaming out. First I'm thinking, it smells like my hair is still soaking wet, and I used really fruity shampoo, then later when the drydown starts to kick in, with a little spice, I remember actually thinking, it smells like wet Christmas. Not having much luck with this one so far.

Azecirevic
Azecirevic

This perfume reminds me of Lady Million, or is it just my skin. Not bad, lovely to some extent but hoped more of Givenchy to be honest. Seems like its lacking that little step to be special or signature parfume.

almarie
almarie

This is wonderful! I will need to have this in my life! I did notice, however, that it dissipates quickly but I honestly don't mind- I'll just keep spraying it! I adore this scent! I will purchase it during our friends & family sale at Lord & Taylor around October 20th or so:) as it will be 10% off!

Nikkafragrance

I tried this today, at first I thought I smell vanilla note. It slightly reminds me of Si, by Armani, but this is more sour. Nice.

rockegg
rockegg

Why the companies feel they need to give their perfumes almost the same names is beyond me. It's just confusing. Allow me to reiterate: this is nothing like Dahlia Noir. Frankly, I wish it was because I love DN.

I don't find it terribly unique but it has great longevity. It's a nice modern scent that won't leave you feeling like you wasted your money.

witawitski
witawitski

I am just glad that this perfume did not scared me or anyone else who smelled it on me. I mean if it is a bad smelling one as in weak or overpowering then people usually had something to say about it...but so far it has been lovely.

I was at a duty-free shop at Changi airport last weekend and had to chose one good bottle of perfume. I love how Dahlia Divin managed to stand out; clean and simple bottle with reddish champagne color liquid, fruity at first then gracefully turns into white flowery smell. It is classy but still yet fun! That wooden base notes with a kick of patchouli spelled elegance to me. 6 hours later...i am still impressed.

My first experience with Givenchy is definitely not a disappointing one.

jamaral

Hoje estou a experimentar este novo perfume da Givenchy, que posso dizer sobre o mesmo... sinto-me ligeiramente perfumada, é uma aroma agradável mas nada de marcante, especial ou diferente ... eu esperava muito mais da "Givenchy". Perfume indicado para mulheres discretas.

If I have to be honest... I don't care for this. Of course, I was curious to try but it didn't impress me on first time. maybe the pompous name and bottle... I expected more and at the same time I was suspicious.
My review is based on once wear, so I maybe be on the wrong day, but it disappointed me.
It smells so diluted compared to what a "divin" should smell like.
The smell itself is not bad but it lacks many pieces.
the listed notes are so inviting...
Plum? Which plum? Oh, yes, the usual plastic one. Plum for me is the original Rochas Femme vintage. Gone forever.
Then the flowers. White. Ok, they are white but more like a concept than any real flower.
And then comes the basenotes: flat. With three monsters like patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver, Dahlia Divin manages to be slightly woody in the end.
The first stages are more or less entwined, while the drydown lingers on my skin for a much longer time, but it's more or less like smelling Ikea's furniture, only milder yet tenacious.
For me it's a costly wearable scent with a famous name. Not bad smelling but it doesn't stand out of the crowd.
I would wear it if someone gave it to me as a gift.
Instead my bf was horrified by smelling it stuck on my wrist. I don't know why, because it doesn't smell so bad to my nose. He didn't noticed it from close distance, so I guess it doesn't project too much.

Is Givenchy Dahlia Divin more divine than Dahlia Noir is black? Hmmm... it's a close call. (What's a thousand times zero?)

This fragrance is sweet and kind of like a watered-down version of some of the twentieth-century sweet florals. Take Trésor, for example. If one were to dilute it and switch out all of the identifiable flowers and fruits for abstract flowers and fruits, the result would be something like Dahlia Divin.

One sniffer's abstract plum is another sniffer's abstract berry, so that must be why people are arguing over the identities of the flowers and fruits in this composition. There is a bit of overlap here with the onslaught of sweet patchouli frags a few years back, but this one is quite a bit lighter than most of those.

On a tangentially relevant note, yesterday I watched the Thierry Wasser video for L'homme idéal. Oh boy. What a case of poor judgment on the part of LVMH to let this guy attempt to describe and market his latest concoction. Completely shallow and completely unconvincing.

I blame LVMH, too, for pumping out juice from the very same vat for all of the Dior and Givenchy and Fendi and Guerlain fragrances. Then interns add a few embellishments before François Demarchy signs all but the Guerlains, which are signed by pretty boy Thierry. For a few years, it seemed that people might start taking perfume seriously as a part of culture. Now it's all becoming so banal and trivial, almost as though the perfume police have infiltrated LVMH.

Oh well, I still have plenty of old lady perfume chez moi. (Thank goodness.)

duftduft
duftduft

I wasn´t expecting anything from this because I am a total Oriental (Vanilla) Lover.
If a Floral Chypre convinces me it must be a very good one ;) And Dahlia Divin is so.
It starts sweet, the Plum Note is detectable as well as the Jasmine. A little later the Patchouli is dominant but very well done. What I like on it most is the drydown. Sandalwood and all the other ingredients melt together to a warm, cozy, sweet and slightly Oriental scent.

Similarities to Miss Dior? YES. But instead of the Strawberry feel in Miss Dior Dahlia Divin lets the Plum play the star role.

White floral spicy scent with patchouli. A strong one.
Much better than the original Dahlia Noir.
White flowers make it a little sharp for my taste.
It seems to have huge sillage and longevity.
(Edit) On paper it seemed sharp for my nose, but on skin it was quite nice!

aliora
aliora

I don't know why I'm not getting the same impressions as everyone else is, but perception varies with perfume, so here are my thoughts...

I don't get plum. I get berries. This smells like a more polished and deeper version of Viva La Juicy to me. I'm not getting anything similar to Miss Dior Le Parfum like some other reviewers have mentioned; the only thing they have in common is that they're both heavy fragrances. I'll have to try this again and see, but it's not quite my cup of tea.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

The opening sprays of this actually reminded me strongly of Hanae Mori's Butterfly, one of my favorites. It's pleasant as it sits, if a little generic. It's a moderately sweet patchouli. My brain tells me there's another perfume I've smelled that's almost identical to it, but my brain won't tell me what it is. I'm liking this.

Ah, but then my skin ramps up the white flowers to full throttle. Their heady sharpness is all I smell and it stings my nose. I don't get a distinct jasmine note and I have to concentrate very hard to find a trace of plum. I still think it's nice, it's just not for me.

dkny27
dkny27

Thanks to the first reviewer of this scent for the sample... This has quickly over the course of the month moved up to one of my "most wanted".
This is divine, very comfy and seductive... Woody floral, with a touch of sweet, but mature....
Office, weekend, blind date, pumpkin picking... This scent works for all!!

Marie76
Marie76

This is actually more of a gourmand powdery creamy concoction. Delectable, rich but not overwhelming or loud as other gourmands are. The dry down is creamy and elegant. I get chocolate, patchouli and musky accords, it has nothing to do with the " Dahlia noirs". Sillage and staying powder are much better too. But those looking for a true " Noir" Dahlia Noir won't find it in this.

jamaral

Perfume para mulheres elegantes e charmosas, não considero indicado para "miúdas". Gosto do aroma e do poder de fixação. Não é um perfume singular, único... é mais um bom perfume... faz-me lembrar o beauty da CK...

Germany
Germany

I love this! Love the plum opening, one of my favourite fruits in the whole world. I am eating one right now actually. Anyways the base notes are great too, sandalwood and patchouli as well as vetevier , gives a nice woody base. Its a loud one for me , but its fun. Its a sweet fruity woody gourmand. I really enjoy this. Almost solar like the new gaultier but I enjoy this more. I kind of missed that whole dahlia line , I think I will buy the black one tomorrow as it's very appealing to me. A nice dark rose patchouli. This is bright for daytime !

Along the lines of Miss Dior Cherie and the new jean Paul Gaultier as well as armani SI , doesn't smell like them but reminds me of them.
In the cypher, fruity ,floral ,oriental category ,,,

LisaMari
LisaMari

Boring, generic, synthetic, metallic mish-mash - no notes stand out in particular and no florals are detectable to me.

I like it a lot, yet it lacks something, it is a nice strong scent, feminine, a bit mature, I can see myself wearing it yet not sure I will buy it..maybe a bit formal, a bit anonymous...nice creation though, the floral notes are warm, not screechy, the base is strong, all in all, nice perfume, let me add I would wear it gladly if given a bottle!!
I agree it has similarities with Enchanted, although the Chopard is a bit cold.
Demachy never makes dull fragrances. All the Dahlia perfumes are nice.

At first it is very nice, I was truly enchanted. However, after a while it starts to be very intense floral. Too much for me! And later, it is also very balsamic.
I like it, but I don't think I could wear it.

Claire84
Claire84

This is a really nice fragrance for everyday or evening wear. Not overpowering, but full of well blended notes that give you a mature, classy scent. It's warm, sweet, floral and powdery all at the same time without being overwhelming. Definitely worth a try!

suile
suile

Rushed to try this one, based on positive reviews and while I find it pleasant, was not that excited.

Chopard's Enchanted has the same basic notes - plum, jasmine, sandalwood and overall effect of this one, but with much more oomph.

jellybeantree

This is a warm lush fragrance and the florals are well blended together it smells bright and luminous to me! It even is a little buttery to me if that makes sense . It's a little sweet from the plum but never gets sickly. It's a great new release and I would definitely add it to my collection. It has a unique distinctive smell. I would say it's a all year rounder but more fall / winter . The colour of the bottle and juice totally fit as well as Alicia keys. Beautiful gold and shimmering radiance.

auroramaria
auroramaria

A friend of mine gave me a sample of DD and today I had the chance to test it.
This is absolutely divine worth it of its name.
It has a kind of balsamic sweetness maybe from the plum then it gets flowery with jasmine and woody from vetiver and sandalwood.
There's also a nice patchouly note in the base which gives the scent some strengh.
I really love it, it's refined and elegant and it has nothing in common with Dahlia Noir (which I like btw)
Longevity is about 5 hours on me sillage is moderate

jellybeantree

This is a great fragrance ! Just tested it and will give an update when I wear it for a whole day!

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

WoW..plum, white flowers and some sandalwood mix together so effortlessly in this amazing composition! It's different than most of the new offerings that are out now and doesn't share too much in common with the other Dahlias, if anything at all. It's a ♡ from me!

Ghostly scent by the way. It won't say much if you press your nose to your wrist, but the way it wafts around you is just magical!

Shwets
Shwets

Reminds me of Valentina Assoluto!

Musky4
Musky4

I was delighted to find this perfume already on the shelves in England, mid-July, considering that it's not due to be launched until September (according to the above info). I sprayed it on a card yesterday and was eager to go back and try it again today on my skin. As soon as I smelled it I knew it was my type of perfume - sweet, warm, rich and intoxicating. This is the second new perfume I've been impressed with in recent weeks (the first being Agent Provocateur's Fatale, in case you were wondering). Anyhow, it occurred to me that this smelled very familiar… and then I read that it was created my Francois Demachy and it immediately clicked - this reminds me of another of Demachy's creations (and one of my favourite perfumes), Miss Dior Le Parfum! Despite the fact that these two fragrances don't have many notes in common (in fact it's just the patchouli as far as I can tell), they are both Chypre Florals and are remarkably similar in their 'feel'. They both have that deep, sultry smokiness which I love. The Sambac Jasmine note in this is similar in my opinion to another of Demachy's creations for Dior, Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum. I agree with the previous reviewer about there seeming to be a vanilla note here, which isn't listed. The plum note reminds me ever so slightly of Euphoria. All in all a beautiful and very well-blended perfume with good lasting power, but as I already have a large bottle of Miss Dior Le Parfum, I don't feel the need to have both in my collection.

kay0981
kay0981

Glamorous! I like the original Dahlia Noir (although I’m not crazy about it), but this is a million times better! The two have almost nothing in common, and Dahlia Divin feels a lot more like an entirely new fragrance, rather than a continuation of an existing perfume line. It offers an entirely new palette of accords; it’s beautiful, sparkling and really elegant – I approached it with a cautious mind, thinking it’d be just another flanker, but it really blew me away! I sprayed it on my wrist around eight hours ago and I am still completely mesmerised by this rich, luscious fragrance; and will be purchasing a full bottle as soon as I can!

This beautiful chypre floral is very different from the usual mainstream jasmine-based scents. The jasmine here is very delicate, soft and creamy, with a slightly balsamic, oriental feel to it. It’s not heady and overwhelming, so it’s worth giving this fragrance a shot even if you don’t normally enjoy jasmine in perfumes. Accompanying jasmine is the well-balanced duo of plum and patchouli, which rings somewhat familiar of that in Givenchy’s Very Irresistible L’Intense. Dahlia Divin however is a much gentler, more subtle fragrance – the patchouli here isn't sharp, but quite tame; full of sweet, earthy warmth. The plum is rich, juicy and delicious, and smells incredibly realistic. It really brightens up the overall composition, giving it a lovely, youthful vibe. Also, I know that there isn’t a vanilla note listed here, but there is something in the drydown that smells very much like sweet, natural vanilla orchids, wrapped in creamy sandalwood – a very dreamy, luscious aroma that will linger on your skin for many hours. :)

This fragrance is worlds apart from the original Dahlia Noir, which was a very powdery, rose-based fragrance with a spicy pink pepper note. Dahlia Divin is elegant, unusual, glamorous, and completely not what I expected (in a good way!) This will be lovely for anyone who enjoys scents such as Chanel Allure, or L’Instant de Guerlain. I am really pleased with this perfume – I used up my generous sample pretty much in one go, because I just couldn’t get enough of this stuff! I hope that many will be as positively surprised as I was. :)
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

prettyswag
prettyswag

Im getting this as soon as my return money from (NICKI MINAJ HSN CRAP..gets back to me...this is replacing it ..this is worth it for a grown sexy woman!

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

Thank you Dannysmom for such a positive review; otherwise I don't know if I would have jumped on this so early, but am so glad I did!

This fragrance is so beautiful. It reminds me of Guerlain L'Instant eau de toilette a little bit. It has the same richness and depth as a Chanel Chance or a Coco Mademoiselle but I would compare it more to the latter Guerlain fragrance. This has such warmth to it and upon first spray I can definitely smell all the base notes prominently - plum + patchouli + sandalwood. But they are all sitting underneath a beautiful rich jasmine. The jasmine hovers over the base notes the whole time, creating such beautiful sillage and the scent matches the color of its golden juice perfectly.
This perfume is elegant enough for special occasions or for daily wear.

dannysmom
dannysmom

OK- This is arriving at Nordstroms on July 14, but they have a tester out now. I wasn't expecting much, but I now have a pre-order for this scent.

It's absolutely gorgeous!! I believe that I can smell every one of the notes listed; and it blends into a very warm oriental-floral. It's slightly powdery, and very delicious. What I'm smelling is hard for me to explain, but it slightly reminds me of Shiseido secret bloom (if you've smelled that). The employees at Nordstroms were saying that it slightly reminds them of Coco mademoiselle. It does have a familiar feel to it, but it's so warm and gorgeous that I think it will be a huge hit. Absolutely nothing like the previous Dahlia series. This is a completely different fragrance, and perfect for cooler weather. A sexy, snuggle scent for sure..