Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Dahlia Noir Givenchy for women

Dahlia Noir Givenchy for women Videos Dahlia Noir Givenchy for women Videos
Dahlia Noir Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Noir Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Noir Givenchy for women Pictures

Dahlia Noir is the new perfume from the fashion house of Givenchy that embodies elegance and style of the couture brand under the leadership of its creative director Riccardo Tisci. The perfume is presented as a "Fatal Flower" of unreal and imaginative composition for mysterious and fascinating women.

Dahlia Noir or the “Black Dalia" is a powdery fragrance of dusty chypre - floral structure. Top notes of mandarin, pink pepper and mimosa lead to the extensive and intensive core of rose, iris and patchouli. The base wraps up the composition in a mysterious veil, made with notes of sandalwood, vanilla and tonka bean.

The bottle’s design is classic, simple and elegant, perfectly suited for the concept of the perfume. The advertising campaign features model Mariacarla Boscono as the sensual and dangerous "Black Dalia". Dahlia Noir is available as Eau de Parfum in bottles of 30, 50 and 75 ml, with an accompanying collection for body care.

Dahlia Noir was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy.

Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper Mimosa

Clean Baby Girl

Dahlia Noir Fragrance Reviews

epg
epg

The name is indeed very misleading. The opening is very spicy and the drydown is roses and sandalwood to me. Wonderfully powdery all the way through. Sits close to skin and longevity is very good(about 6-8 hours). Very classy and ladylike, but not grandma at all. I love it. It's one of my favorites!

pausini
pausini

Very cute smell. Musky, baby powder kind of smell and thankfully not too sweet. Unfortunately staying power is incredibly poor. Save your money.

SquirrelMonkey
SquirrelMonkey

love at first spritz.
I wish every blind buy was at least this nice.
soft, not too sweet, with a nice warm base.
starts off great, and grows lovelier, there isn't that lag time of waiting and hoping for something good to happen after dry down.
and it plays well with others, I am layering it with a unisex scent that is smoky and oud-y and mannish and it is great combined with that, too.
while not one of my all time favorites, still a nice scent that's easy to wear.

Sampat
Sampat

very subtle rose, a tiny hint of Iris... the combination is a classic and well done here.

joonzmoon
joonzmoon

Agree 100% with MissZaros: this is baby powder in a perfume bottle.

MissZaros

This has GOT to be the most misleading perfume name in all history of perfumery. There's absolutely NOTHING "noir" about it: nothing sexy, nothing dark, nothing mysterious, nothing deep and nothing luxurious. All I can smell is BABY POWDER. Pure, tedious, dull baby powder.

Seriously, all these reviews MUST be of a different Dahlia Noir. Citrus? Spicy? Someone even said masculine! Definitely not the same one I have.

I spray it on my dog after his baths (the only use I could find for it, really), and everybody always comments that he smells like a baby when I do. I suppose I rest my case...

Juliana6

This is my second review about this scent.
Please, don't judge about it after the first sniff or after a short period of wearing it. When I first tried the scent I wasn't impressed -it smelled like something already known, maybe too classic for me, strong and sometimes even masculine. I saw a perfectly dressed office lady who is always competent, always so "right". I didn't like that image at all, so I didn't care for the perfume.
Now something has changed. I found a sample of it in a glanced magazine and decided to try it one more time. The last one.

And I was really surprised.
The opening is strong, peppery+citrus with some sparkles of masculine notes with a drop of honey. I think this created the image I described. There's some Chanel classic vibe going on here. Then it settles down, I get a modern, citrus enveloped rose and patchouli- a strong combination for an individual, confident woman. I like the patchouli here- strong, but not too strong not nauseating or headache inducing. I just love this stage- deep, still strong, a bit masculine too, but so relaxing and waking senses. Somehow I smell the autumn in it.
In the end this scent becomes softer, sweeter (I guess it's the vanilla) and carelessly sensual (must be the sandalwood). I was sure it had the musk in it, but it doesn't.
If overdosed, might be too strong.
A modern, fresh and timeless classic for dynamic, young women.

Kitty48
Kitty48

My first thought on spraying this was how warm it smelled, it kind of reminds me a little bit of Dior Dune, it has some similar notes and certainly gives that same cosy, comforting feeling when first sprayed.

The drydown is very powdery and soft and the iris comes through very strongly. I don't detect rose, but I get the patchouli.

My only point against it would be the longevity, it's barely noticeable on my skin after 6 hours, although having said that it does still smell stronger on my sleeve!

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

For me this has a warm, dusty and smooth-textured vibe sitting under powder notes, infused with mimosa and pink pepper, which float above. It brings to my mind the smooth natural textures of suede or silk, without actually smelling like either of these.

I don't wear warm and smooth fragrances as often as I wear bright and fresh ones, but that's more to do with the climate I live in than the appeal of the warm side of perfumes. I should wear this more often because it's lovely, classy and quite sophisticated for a powder 'fume. I get about 4 hours of detectible longevity with arms-length sillage.

Dahlia Noir EDP is a certainly a smooth operator.

Jinjanoo
Jinjanoo

This is just a perfect scent, I adore it! I am planning on getting the body cream to layer it for a longer lasting smell, if anyone has tried the body creams I would appreciate any feedback on it. :0)

fiouu
fiouu

Reminds me of a scented talcum powder a friend of mine had When We were kiddies. I loved to smell that stuff, because it was a perfume-y kind of talc, it was really strong and flowery. I always smelled her perfumes to see If it was some of them but it was the talcum that smelled sooo good. This smells Just like it, sweeter and missing some indolic jasmine, nevertheless awesome. I found my springtime frag! A very modern take on chypre florals
ETA: sillage is so so heavy I can't breathe right If I spray more than two spritzes, stays heavy on the sillage for about an hour and a half and begins to dry down, about 4 hs it's a very noticeable skin scent, at six or so it's a skin scent that lingers until you shower. Longevity is 8hrs+ with medium sillage.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

Just as it says:" Woody, powdery, floral".
Its a nice floral scent, leaning towards a nice "just came out from the shower"-freshness.
A scent in its time, that i will not remember forever.
Safe to buy as a gift for somebody you like.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I look at the notes and I should like (no love) this fragrance. But I don't. Why? What on earth is that note that just doesn't do it for me. Well, Synergypsy has nailed it for me - Baby Oil! I get a powdery florals drenched in baby oil from this. It's a little odd to be quite honest. But, yep, that's it...Baby oil. I get that same sort of baby oil note from Bvlgari Pour Femme.

synergypsy
synergypsy

The beach! I get baby oil and ocean breezes. Some hint of salt air. It's not unpleasant, but it's not darkly mysterious, either, as the name implies. I get absolutely the opposite of "dark"-- a fresh and happy scent. The only mystery IMO is the scent is evocative of SOMETHING you can't quite put your finger on. For me, it's a beachy scent. Kind of leaning towards soapy. The rose is there, soft and sweet, but balanced by the Mandarin orange. Mimosa drifts in and out. Kind of a dreamy fragrance, but on a relatively even keel. I get no vanilla, so no real depth or warmth. I agree that it's probably perfect for anytime wear; a people-pleaser!

theuntrainednose
theuntrainednose

Very powdery in a delightful, calming way. A hint of flowers, but for me it's the powder note that I love most.

Imagine the best baby powder scent (a really, really good one) and make it a little more grown-up. For me, it's like a soft calming embrace, that curiously reminds me of some product (wish I could remember what!) used at the beach in my childhood.

MissZaros

I was a tad disappointed by it. I was expecting more of an elegant woody/floral fragrance but instead it smells like TALCUM POWDER. I kind of feel like an old lady when I wear this. Definitely not a favorite.

smellME
smellME

This powdery rose/patch/sandalwood combo is really something for the rose lover,in the field of mainstreem business.
I love this !
Its a powdery rose that never get's boring!
The mimose/ iris is creating such a lovely entry within ten minutes.
It really smells fantastic.
It is, like almost any other Givenchy - very well blended so the perfume never leaves you bored or let's you forget about it's existense...
Where the mixed notes overlapping each other to perfection.
It is a perfume to use for day and office wear as well as resprayed for an after work dinner out on the town!
It is sexy, powdery, feminine and very well done !
But I am right now into a Givenchy cloud ,of my dreams so forgive me if I'm
letting things get a little out of hand here...

The edt is fresher , clearer , less powdery and more one faced and therefor less interesting, but a really good substitute if you can't take the powdery puff of the edp.
Well done Givenchy !

CozyCat
CozyCat

This gave me headaches and made me nauseous, I had to scrub it off after an hour. I had good expectations from this scent reading the reviews and was hoping I would get the 'melancholy' in this scent that others mention. Instead of that, I got a bright, screechy-sweet, powdery spring bouquet. I usually enjoy powdery florals and rose-iris combinations, but this is just too floral-sugar-powdery sweet...I don't know, it lacks depth and warmth for me, no musk or balminess to anchor it, no green notes to give it more balance...just screechy, sweet floral powder all the way, and it gets even sharper, 'brighter' and sweeter as it dries down. . I prefer my powdery florals to be warm, but fresh and musky (like Love, Chloe), or rich and buttery (like Chanel No.5). I think mimosa must be the culprit that's giving it that overwhelming floral sweetness, especially being paired with patchouli to intensify its effects. Something about it reminds me of Kenzo Flower (which I also dislike), but Flower is more tolerable. Anyway, this is a very powdery and sweet floral scent, very spring-y and retro-ish, with alot of mimosa, alot of it. Go for it if that sounds appealing to you. I'm staying far away from it.

So far there are only two Givenchys that I love, Ange Ou Demon and Organza (which I unfortunately can't wear anymore since it started triggering headaches)...the rest have either been total misses or plain 'mehs'. Guess this house is not for me. Atleast I have my beloved Ange Ou Demon.

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

I really like this. It keeps me interested.

It opens up as a fruity floral with cherry and rose. Then comes a green undertone with a subtle iris. The middle tones explode to a beautiful fluffy, breezy powder with a slight violet tone (not baby powder, in my opinion).
The base tones are sweet and comforting blending nicely with the powder.

It is a very feminine, sophisticated, mellow and inoffensive scent. It is the ultimate office-wear fragrance, in my opinion, subtle but will get you noticed.
Sillage and longevity are moderate, you will have to re-apply during the day.

Enjoy the perfume quest.

personagrata
personagrata

Ι sampled this one in a Department store, yesterday and I waited to make a decision. As much as I adore powdery perfumes, I am sorry to say, this one, to my nose, is anything but powdery. It reminds me of a shampoo , a light hair cream, i don; t know, it s just not what I expected. I sprayed on my wrist and I could hardly smell it. Light , non offensive but nothing spectacular. At least for me, this is not my conception of a powdery perfume (like love chloe, shalimar, chanel nr5). Maybe givenchy is not my style, I hardly like their perfumes, I like ange ou demon which to me is more powdery than this one. Maybe dahlia noir is the preface for Young girls WHO want to enter to the World of sophisticated non sichkly sweet airy powdery perfumes.But again, this one has something soapy , but not nice soap (like d&G Red cup, the old one). I hope I did not dissapoint those WHO adore this scent. I am just saying there are a lot more adequate to the category of "powdery".

isabelamattarelli
isabelamattarelli

In my skin it's all about iris! Intense iris mixed with roses, sandalwood and a hint of vanilla.

Dahlia Noir is a very sophisticated fragance, long lasting and the sillage is great. Remembers me of Flower by Kenzo, the same powdery vibe and this powdery vibe is the "noir", the retro feeling.

danaja34
danaja34

I do not see anything powdery at all. For me, powdery means calm and gentle and cozy. Dahlia opens on my skin very sharp than the smell has been something familiar, and yes it reminds me on children's syrup against fever.I consider powdery: L'instant, L'instant magic, Pretty swan, L'air du temps and even Chanel 5 at some point. Powdery for me shouldn't be sweet either sharp.

A true beauty! I love the Rose, Iris and Pepper-mix. This one gets a little bit dark and melankoly on my skin. Longlasting and a nice powdernote in base.

En riktig skönhet! Jag älskar Ros, Iris och peppar-mixen. Denna blir lite mörk och melankolisk på mig. Mycket hållbar och en trevlig pudernot i basen.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

It's definately got that baby powder vibe going on, it's quite lovely though.

On me it's all powdery iris, pink pepper and clean patchouli for hours. Never overpowering, very versatile.
It easily manages to be sophisticated, feminine and romantic.
There's nothing 'Noir' about this though, it's too polite.

If you enjoy Chloe Love, i think you'd enjoy this too.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

Like others have said, this has a very classic, vintage feel to it. It's very familiar, like something an older relative or teacher may have worn. It's a perfect blend of floral, powdery, and fresh. My husband LOVES this on me and usually he just likes the scent of my skin.
This is the first Givenchy that I've worn that hasn't turned "sour" on me. Amarige and their other classic fragrances do NOT mix with my skin.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

For some reason, this scent reminds me of when I was a 10 year old little girl and my very wealthy aunt would pick me up in her brand new BMW for a day of shopping. You could smell the new car scent (new leather), along with the spearmint gum she always chewed, and the opened bottle of Perrier sparkling mineral water that forever sat in the cup holder.

My family had little money, but being with my aunt, smelling my aunt, I felt rich just being near her. I yearned to smell like her one day. That's how this perfume makes me feel.

It's just lovely. Very inoffensive. It's the ultimate daytime office perfume that is soft, but will definitely get you noticed. I do get a bit of the powder but I've smelled far stronger before. It's a fluffy, breezy baby powder, in my opinion.

It gives me a sweet spearmint tic tac vibe.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

I recieved a few testers of this fragrance and gave it a try a while ago.
The scent was nice enough, powdery but not exagerated, flowery with a strong iris note, some rose and pink pepper, and I can feel the patchouli and mimose in the background, actually quite present.

I liked it enough to wear it a couple of times, but not enough to buy an entire bottle.
It's a good scent, not offensive in the least, and it's well balanced. On the other hand, on my skin it's nothing too special. This is a bit like Idylle by Guerlain with a very irisy twist, more powdery and less musky, and IMHO not worth a full-bottle experience.

Yet, I must say again, it's a very likable and good scent, and those who like these notes will enjoy a well concocted perfume.

longevity is good and sillage moderate.

dkny27
dkny27

Deliciously sophisticated... Powdery soft flowers matched with the slightly sharp kiss of pink pepper and patchouli, neither of which overpower this scent at all.
Cooler weather scent but you could certainly get away with this scent in the spring. It oozes classy with a hidden wink of sexy... It's the kind of fragrance that catches your noses attention on a light breeze... Very beautiful compilation!

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Oh my goddess, I love the whole line... That's something that Marylin Monroe, or Rita Hayworth could smell like...
When I smell them, beautiful spacy art deco interiors come to my mind... Or a 40's/50's movie set, with a makeup artist who holds luxurious powders and cosmetics for the stars...
Love, love, love it.

ancaan
ancaan

This is the only Givenchy perfumes tested so far that I love. I must admit, it wasn't love at first sniff. Nor the second. But the third time i've tested, i knew i had to own it. It's very sensual, mysterious, seductive. Very powdery, like an expensive make-up blush. To me, iris is the most noticeable, beautifully blended with rose and pink pepper. Such an elegant perfume! Stunning in summer nights!

frag-overdose

perfume.

The rose-iris accord
smells classic and
truly seductive
for certain, it gives some sort
of mysterious charm
yet innocent attraction.

lvscents
lvscents

Shh! Her eyes are closed. She rests upon on a bed of pink rose petals under the waving branches of a softly spiced tree. A gentle mimosa breeze wafts past, now, and then. All is quiet and well. And very, very beautiful.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I love powdery perfumes but IMHO this is not a very powdery perfume. Please do not be put off trying this one. I smell iris and pepper with a little patchouli and soft sandlewood and some mimosa as well. It is a very soft, romantic and very feminine perfume. Maybe noir is a misleading description, this perfume is anything but dark. I have been wearing it all day and people have commented that I am leaving a beautiful perfume aura as I walk around. It was half price at Boots (£21.50 for 30ml) and I am more than happy to now own this lovely perfume.

zzMaja
zzMaja

Very sensuous, mysterious, sophisticated and I am enjoying it all day long. Yes, it is powdery, but not at all like baby powder. More like a soft crushed flower that has been dusted onto your skin. I will definitely consider purchasing this one after trying my sample. It gives my skin a warm and spicy scent as it dries down after a few hour. I do like this very much.

Octoberamy
Octoberamy

I love this. I bought it while on vacation in Cozumel at one of the tourist shops. I just passed by and spritzed it on because I thought the bottle was pretty. Well I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists and finally had to walk back to the shop and buy it. I don't have a good enough nose to define all the notes but I do detect the powdery rose and citrus. It's just addictive and pleasant. Normally I can't stand patchouli because it's so sharp and bugspray-esque. But this one isn't, there's apparently just a hint of it. A very safe perfume for the office, not offensive to anybody, in my opinion.

happygeisha
happygeisha

"andabri" described this frag PERFECTLY!!

i honestly couldn't have said it better. DN smells nothing like baby powder, nothing! in fact what i am smelling once the initial blast of iris fades is a tangy, drunk mandarin mixed with sparkling fresh roses, pink pepper and mimosa! then, lurking just beneath those notes you'll find patchouli, vanilla and sandalwood keeping all the notes warm, woody and SINGING on your skin.

Fahhh! La! LA! Laaaaa!!!!

this juice is complex and gorgeous. in a way it reminds me quite a bit of Briar Rose by Ineke.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I got the chance to test this for the first time on my skin the other day - after reading the reviews I was intrigued. I like powdery scents on occasion, but they can be tricky on my skin. I don't have anything earth shattering to add to what has already been said about Dahlia Noir. For the first hour or two it does bear a strong resemblance to baby powder. It is clean and sweet. Once it hits the dry down I get a rose-laced patchouli, warm and somewhat earthy, but still clean. Overall I liked it. It isn't the kind of fragrance that is likely to revolutionize the perfume world, but it's not bad, either.

ecerusen

its powdery notes reminds me Organza, but on me it smells younger sister of organza.
the patchouli is used as its best way, it doesnt irritate you but you can feel it.
iris, rose, some powdery notes and a bit patchouli appeared on my skin. i'm surprised because my skin is a patchouli bomber. this time it doesnt happen :)

sandalwood is more dominant than vanilla on me.

my skin is dry, so maybe it shows itself very differently on oily skins.

all in all,
on me it is very masculine, it smells good but i dont want to wear it now. maybe later when my interests change, i would give it a second try.

*according to my skin -which is dry- *

sillage : 6/10
longevity : 5/10

oh i just forgot to add the similarity with Kenzo Flower. this one is really similar with KF. but in more wearable way. because kenzo flower is too strong and intense, it cloys me. this one is more easy to wear.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Elizabeth Short must have worn Heaven Scent. Seriously, no pun intended. This truly is an incense-like fragrance of baby lotion/patchouli.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Please, does it smell in any way like Shalimar-ish, at all?

When I smelt it from the bottle it didn't leave me any impression at all. Now, I have given it a second chance, but it seems that it's still not my thing.
I actually like perfumes with similar notes, so I don't know why it's not working for me.
It smells like a soapy water or cleaning product. I am not impressed.
Still, when 9 hours had passed, it's started to smell kind of alright.(not perfect)
It wasn't totally annoying, just not impressive enough for me.

lanhua
lanhua

I got a sample of it as a GWP from Sephora and I can join the crowd of people surprised by the difference between the name and the scent. Not dark at all. As most people point out it smells a bit like baby powder but I still like it. I feel that this is a "warm", "homely" scent for those days when you just need to sit by the window and read a book. I would love to get it but only if I had enough money to spend. I can't possibly justify spending this amount of money for something I won't wear outside. That being said I just keep thinking about it. I think it also speaks about the perfume. It can get under your skin and leave an impression but I also find it somewhat unsettling that people can smell baby powder and get reminded of you.
So in the end, it is a good perfume but it is lacking something. The name is not quite right and there is something missing in the fragrance composition to make it truly stand out.

merlin1999
merlin1999

I smell the full range of baby products here, from baby wipes to baby oil to baby powder. I really don't know what to make of it. I get a tiny bit of mimosa, a little sandalwood, but for me it's all curiously flat and uninteresting. Baby soap dry-down, with a slightly burnt smell wafting up.....do I smell toasted baby wipes? Perhaps that is the noir bit!!! Not for me.

charmedbella
charmedbella

I tested this at a department store and loved how it smelled. I went back to pick up a bottle and enjoyed wearing it, however this is pure baby powder on me. A co-worker even asked if had applied baby powder!

This is light, sweet, feminine, inoffensive, simple, and heavy on the powder. I layer this with Chanel No 19 Poudre to add a little extra sweetness to balance out No 19's green freshness.

To be honest, I would not repurchase this. It isn't dangerous or mysterious. I agree with another reviewer who described Dahlia Noir as melancholy, but certainly there is no danger the way Givenchy had intended.

twoteacakes
twoteacakes

I adore this scent, it was what got me recently interested in fragrance as it was love at first sniff which has never happened before! I get the baby powder similarities too, but it is much more complex than that. I love the powdery finish. The rose, iris, sandalwood and patchouli come together in a symphony and I feel like I am wearing a delicate fluffy angora jumper. It never offends me, I can wear it during the day, at night. It makes me feel comforted and cosseted. Love, love, love...

brimanrique
brimanrique

The powdery of this scent on me is overwhelming, simply unsoportable give me a big headache during all day. And I'm totally agree that is pure Johnson powder & baby body wash.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

The pink pepper note is quite noticeable and enjoyable for me; it gives a really intriguing, exotic quality to the rose and iris. I've only tried this on a card but would love to give it a go on my skin to see how it behaves.

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

Exaclty it smells like johnson baby bath n shampoo hahaha. Well the opening is very likeable neway. But i dont think i will purchase the full sizr. Even my male friend said it smell like johnson baby after i forced him to spray on his wrist. Hahahah but it is very likeable (:

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

This is one of those perfumes you wear with your lbd - elegant and mature fragrance. The combination of pink pepper, rose and vanilla does its magic for me.

sahasz
sahasz

bought this as I liked the pieces of paper I used to spray in there shop, I stopped liking it when I got home. I gave it to my mum, it was so not much fragrance. Kind of sweet/powdery and mainly too strong for me, it felt like there are only two notes in this fragrance and extremely strong not balanced by anything else.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I hadn’t gone out of my way to sniff Dahlia Noir for quite a while, because I strongly suspected that it wouldn't be my cup of tea. Well, unfortunately I was right. I'm afraid I'm in the camp that gets the strong scent of baby powder and baby wipes from this. If you enjoy the scent of baby powder, you might find this wonderful. If you dislike smelling it on yourself as I do, you might find yourself nauseated. As with many fragrances being launched with the "noir" tag lately, the name seems to be a marketing ploy more than an accurate descriptor. There is nothing here I could say comes across as dark or mysterious – indeed it strikes me as the opposite.

ivyheel
ivyheel

If this smells like baby powder, there must be some very refined babies out there that I have not sniffed. I get rose and iris, and it quickly dries to a sophisticated floral powder. Nonintrusive and calming. I love it. It really reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez Essence, which I also own and love to bits.

sarah.lee
sarah.lee

I love this scent..........

anapardo81
anapardo81

I like it but on me it becomes slightly sour after a few minutes. Burberry Body works much better with my chemistry for a very similar powdery, woody, floral scent.

Tovah

This fragrance almost frightens me, because it doesn't seem to have much scent. I must be anosmic to a major component of the ingredients, but I'm not sure which ones. I know for sure that there are certain musks that don't exist for my nose, so maybe it's a musk or a blend of musks that I'm missing.

For me it's vaguely iris-y, more floral than powder, and "clean" like 99% of fragrances that have been released in the past 5 years.

I hoped this would be "noir" and "chypre" but it's just not for me. I've tried it multiple times, with months in between, in 4 different states, at different times of day and night, in Sephora, Nordstrom...wherever else I've seen it.

On me, my liquid hand soaps are prettier and way more exiting than Dahlia Noir.

However-keep in mind that anosmia thing I mentioned. I have read many reviews that say things about Florabotanica that I've just written about Dahlia Noir. Yet, to me, Florabotanica is utterly amazing. The most beautiful fragrance I've worn in years and years. I find it has multiple layers, depth, and it creates a mood. My husband adores it and everyone I come in contact with goes nuts over the scent on me.

Dahlia Noir just isn't a "fit" for me, I guess.

I need to spray more Florabotanica!

andabri
andabri

I love the opening of this, I get pure, fresh iris. I wish I got powder like everyone seems to be developing on their skin.

It dries down very woody on my skin. It smells like young sapling branches, mixed with iris. There is the barest hint of pink pepper. I also get a really light airy whiff of citrus afterthought, almost like a squirt of kumquat. I supposed that might be the combination of mandarin and mimosa.

It's very interesting to smell and I rather like it.

hollyms
hollyms

How can people not like this? So sexy, kinda seductive, classy, and a little bit preppy. Just a hint of sweetness that resembles coconut to me. I do not get any artificial fragrance here that some complain of, nor do I see a simple scent. It's complex! Just lovely.

EDIT While I still think this is a lovely scent, after taking it home with me I realized it was not what I smelled in the tester. The EDP is STRONG as all heck. It's a bomb of sharp, intense, dense florals. I had someone else smell it on my wrist and they said it was too strong for them as well. This was proven when, a few minutes later, not only did it give me a headache, but it almost made me feel wheezy! I've only had that happen one other time, when I accidentally overdid it on a heavy frag. But this time, I'd only applied 2 sprays of DN. I must pass, it's going back :(

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

one of my favorites!!! 8h on my skin and 2 days on clothes!!!just wonderful!!!

rockegg
rockegg

This is pleasant and safe. If I were going into a situation where I wasn't sure what the people were like and how I wanted to come across this would be a good choice. Or if I was in a hurry in the morning and didn't want to take the time to figure out what sort of image I wanted to project that day, Dahlia Noir would be a good choice. It just smells nice. Sure, there's some baby powder in there, but not overwhelming. It's really very sophisticated. My emotional response is urban, but not aggressive, and not artsy. I think someone wearing this would make a good impression. I find the name and my olfactory impression to be at odds.

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

The notes had my interest and it sounded like something right up my alley but unfortunately it wasn't. Only one word came to my mind while testing this: baby powder. Tons of baby powder. I wore it for probably one hour but it was almost unbearable so now I have a headache. I don't even like it on clothes cause the baby powder stands out even more. This is a huge dislike.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

Just signing the review right under this one, actually I will paste it again.

I full heartedly embrace iris, soap, pink pepper, sandalwood and other niceties of Dahlia Noir.
This particular mélange by Francois Demachy just works for me.
Thanks to Dahlia Noir, I finally know that I am not intolerant of iris. Quite opposite, I love iris and want it in fragrance. Also love pink pepper and always did.
There is resemblance with Caleche by Hermes, but less soapy and more wearable.
There is also resemblance with Infusion D'Iris by Prada. While Infusion d'Iris is an indispensable concentree of Iris that is(I finally figured out the best use for it)great for layering with softer, more mellow and more carefree fragrances(Prada Candy is one example), Dahlia Noir can be and should be worn on it’s own.
Also there is nice sourness and saltiness here, probably, citrus. Patchouli(long lasting note that is both on the background and on the foreground and in the middle) is just perfect here, not too much, just enough. Actually, it's on the edge, it's the maximum patchouli I can tolerate.
There is another brand that seems to be in high esteem here , at Fragrantica, Nasomatto. I had chance to test about 6 fragrances from this line in the last fall at the local boutique. During it's powerful patchouli stage Dahlia Noir strongly resembles one of Nasomatto fragrances I have tested, most likely China White without incense. (At Nasomatto, they are not really willing to share the notes with us).
I would say Dahlia Noir is a very good fragrance and unlike boutique fragrances, it’s much more readily available(for now).

At some point at the dry down(8-10 hr on paper) Dahlia Noir starts smelling somewhat "gourmand", resembles the bitter sweet Venezia by Laura Biagiotti, beautiful, especially when I have Enchanted Forest by The Vagabond Prince(black currant that is also important in Venezia) on my left arm and Bottega Veneta on my right arm. I have concocted Venezia feel without Venezia. Really enjoy this three together. It smells so good here.

It's what La Petite Robe Noir by Guerlain could be, but is not.

This particular mélange by Francois Demachy just works for me.
There is resemblance with Caleche by Hermes, but less soapy and more wearable.
There is another brand that seems to be in high esteem here , at Fragrantica, Nasomatto. I had chance to test about 6 fragrances from this line in the last fall at the local boutique. Dahlia Noir strongly resembles one of Nasomatto fragrances I have tested.(At Nasomatto, they are not really willing to share the notes with us).

ScarlRed
ScarlRed

Dahlia Noir EdP is beautiful scent. On my skin it´s tender powdery rose, but now when is very hot outside, I can smell luxury floral cream. It seems like I´m wearing two different scents then. Also I am suprised by lasting power which is very good on me, almost all day. I am in love...

ecerusen

everybody said "most sexy perfume ever" but it just an ordinary perfume. nothing impressive.

CaramelChic
CaramelChic

A "baby" version of Ombre Rose L'Original by Jean Charles Brosseau.

Rene007
Rene007

for me its a pathcoli bomb with a soap aroma.
very fresh dominent aggresive and make you feel expensive

at the begining its very lemony with powder in the background and then the patochli breakout with a lot of power , makeup smell , fresh soil like after rain - i am not sure that its safe perfume and abbsoultly not for close office , but for great summer evening its will be great

nijntjes
nijntjes

I'm still not really sure about Dahlia Noir. I must admit that I find the overall fragrance pleasant, soft and powdery, and at the same time with a kind of daring touch to it, but I can't get over that baby powder-smell. I'ts most apparent at the beginning, but I must say that my mom came into my room when I had it on, while asking "what is that unusual smell?". Overall, like I said, it's not off-putting for me, and even kind of pleasant and warm, but I don't think I'd buy a full bottle of it, because I'm not really sure baby powder is my thing ;).

iMaverick
iMaverick

To me, Dahlia Noir is a dangerous play of innocence at the surface, but what truly lies beneath is a sensual and carnal knowledge of themselves. A little murderous? Maybe.

It starts of with a spark of green and a sunny floral in cool, vibrant technicolor shades of Spring. The scent deepens to the rosy scent of baby powder, all innocent and rather nostalgic.

But what lies underneath it all is almost shocking to me. The base is a green and musky patchouli. It smelled almost too fleshy on some days, a little too hot and bothered. Perhaps a bit personal. I find a perfume like this remarkable in this day and age of too many politically correct perfumes.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Dahlia Noir is well blended,feels like chiffon. I can smell iris, pepper, orange, mimose and sandalwood. However, neither of them is overpowering. It's a powdery floral scent with a delicate sweetness. I think it works well in the three warmer seasons. It's tender and inoffensive, suitable for daily use in office. The sillage is pretty close to skin, the longevity is around 6h on me. Overall I like it, but do not yet have enough desire to own a full bottle.

The bottle suits the fragrance well. The ad campaign is ok if focusing on the tenderness illustrated by the fluctuation of the chiffon. It's not the sort of mysterious powerful gothic "noir", that's for sure. However, it has a slight melancholic vibe. But still, I'm not fond of the name as it makes me think of something unpleasant. I agree with cedriceccentric, that something "Poudré" as name might be better.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Gorgeous. But only for powdery scent lover. If you don't tolerate powdery perfumes it will suffocate you and become overpowering.
Starts very sharp with woody notes of powder. It's not a baby powder though, reminds me new unused lipstick, must be red :)
It starts powdery and stays powdery until the end. I can't find any rose here, only strong iris. It smells ultra feminine but with a spicy claw. In the drydown becomes stronger with good detectable patchouli. Love.

Merebon

Too subtle and didn't stay. Wouldn't spend all of that money for a perfume that calls itself "noir" for no staying power and nothing that stands out about the scent.

butterflyblue
butterflyblue

My husband bought me the 2.5 oz perfume when we were at Nordstroms. I didn't hear of this on the Givenchy line so when I smelled it I didn't know what to expect. It's mesmerizing and so sexy. The dry down is soft powder and slight vanilla absolutely gorgeous. This is one of my favorites. People always comment on how good I smell. I know I do!

ccobb2011
ccobb2011

I was really enjoying this one at the office today and decided to spray a little more on my wrist. After 5 minutes, one of my male coworks walked by and said it smelled like baby powder in the office. Funny because I was reading all the reviews that said it smell like bady powder and disagreed. I still enjoy the scent but for anyone hoping to give this a try, probaby not a good idea to blind buy. If you love soft powdery scents like it do, its a winner.

Rux2589

I think this perfume is great. As a response to those who don't see the "noir" in this perfume, I would say the following:

I'm attracted to Dahlia Noir because I think its sweetness is actually discreet and with a hint of sadness. Elegance with a hint of warmth and severity at the same time. Sweet on the outside, dark on the inside.

Lovejaiphursaphir
Lovejaiphursaphir

Soft..feminine...but does not last on me. The peach note at the top is interesting.

Muzoona
Muzoona

Nothing special.. very ordinary perfume.

lara.suzin
lara.suzin

Não entendo o porquê de falarem que este perfume não é "noir" em tudo... Porque o nome atribuído a uma fragrância é cuidadosamente escolhido a partir do cheiro, e portanto, é um cheiro "noir"!
Claro que não é "noir" da maneira que todos estão acostumados, mas como a própria descrição da fragrância diz: Dahlia Noir é um floral fatal, logo é um perfume de relações fatais também: amor ou ódio!
E, determinar amor ou ódio por Dahlia é um processo que deve ser cuidadoso. Visto que, é possível começar a amá-lo, mas o caminho inverso também pode acontecer!

A fixação é excelente e a projeção infalível, então o ideal é tentar usá-lo quando se sentir no clima adequado para senti-lo por todo o dia, senão esse belo perfume persistente pode torna-se totalmente inapropriado e uma relação de desprezo para com essa fragrância pode começar a surgir.

Entendo os comentários que dizem que esse cheiro é comum, eu também acho! No entanto, não consigo relacioná-lo a nenhum cheiro que seja parecido e nunca senti nada igual, o que é bem estranho e característico de bons perfumes: NOSTALGIA.

ornagershon@gmail.com
ornagershon@gmail.com

This perfum it's very nice and aspecially rimined me a perfum that my nother used to use called Maja (about 35 years ago). like a baby powder.

maddame
maddame

I guess you can forget the "noir" in the title - I have chosen this fragrance as my pregnancy perfume.
It's clean, discreet and powdery, and one of the few that didn't bother my pregnancy hormones.

Use it in spring/fall and at daytime,it's perfect for the office,it gives you a clean feeling.

The scent is not groundbreaking, but comfortable to wear.

Merebon

I'm with Camilla. This lasted 5 minutes. How could anyone spend so much money on something like this? What a waste.

Camila_1712
Camila_1712

Dahlia Noir? Where is the dahlia? Where is the "Noir"?

I just got a light fragrance of baby powder. And this is EDP!

squirrelhead
squirrelhead

I had been searching for over a year to replace my signature scent of a powder style
sent with light florals.
I found this and bought the parfum and body lotion .
The few times I have worn this scent ,people have remarked to me that it smells like a
soft French milled soap . I love the body lotion even more than the parfum.
The lotion imparts a softer realm. Although , the best way to experience the fragrance
is the layering of the two products . I feel this an elegant fragrance .

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

The name 'noir' is misleading, anyway the scent is more important, it's beautiful sweet powdery floral from the top note until the dry down. Not exactly the baby powder but powdery indeed. It's soft and beautiful kind of skinscent. I can't detect any mandarin orange or fruity in edp and it's really different from edt as I found it's fruity (edt version). I think the peachy pink juice exactly matches the scent in a bottle. Very nice smell!

swoon
swoon

it's Johnson's baby lotion with roses , and i just LOVE it !

freddinos
freddinos

Not bad. Just that though, I wouldn't be able to praise this perfume more based on what I experienced. It is very pleasant, inoffensive,baby soft and polite. It's not noir, in any way. Wouldn't buy a full bottle, but wouldn't rush to get rid of it if I ever received one as a gift. Also, I should mention that it doesn't belong to the chypre floral category, to my nose at least. To me it is more of a true floral (with a -slight- edge)

I get rose, patchouli and baby powder. It's interesting because the name and the ad campaign imply something more edgy. Maybe the patchouli? It's there but it's not all in your face Angel style.
It gets a shrug from me.

goldiloks
goldiloks

Imagine that scene in Ghostbusters where the giant marshmallow man assaults the city. Replace said man with giant freshly washed, changed and powdered mutant baby, and what you have is Dalia Noir. Baby powder bomb parfum elixir supreme.

Who you gonna call? Johnson & Johnson, apparently. ^_^

cloyd42
cloyd42

Talk about a misnamed product. Something called Black Dahlia should be dangerous, dark and kind of slutty. This stuff is cotton candy, Orange Crush and sugar shaken up in a bottle. I also have to say this is absolutely not a chypre--there's no oak moss or musk whatsoever. Sweet, rather flat, no complexity at all. The ideal perfume for a 7 year old girl. Perhaps they should have named it Jello or Pollyanna or Pledge. Considering this house's heritage it's almost tragic that I'm moving to a place where I'll not buy a Givenchy perfume again without testing it first.

Persistence: Unknown, scrubber
Fabulosity: Gatorade
Value to price ratio: dreadful

Strange_Alchemy
Strange_Alchemy

I bought the perfume as a christmas gift for my mother, but she ended up giving it back to me because it simply did not bloom with her body chemistry - she'd spray and spray and smelled *nothing* but the ghost of roses. After a couple months, she just gave it back to me.

I like powdery florals, so I tried it. All I can say it that I blew the bottom out of this fragrance. On me, it's a loud LOUD powdery note with a touch of rose and a disconcerting hit of camphor. Straight up Vicks vaporub.

Ugh.

I want to love it so much, but I gives me a headache whenever I wear it.

I have a full bottle as well as a bottle of lotion if anyone wants to do a swap :)

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

I just LOVE this, so sweet and powdery, creamy and comforting with an addictive undertone which makes this live up to its name and advertising for me.

Its pink and womanly but with a sweet and intoxicating darker side ;)

My new signature for sure, its the perfume I`ve been waiting for to match my personality.

Revontuli
Revontuli

The first impression when I sprayed was very good, it smelled very nice. But after 15-20 mins it was so powdery and smelled like these liquid soaps or gels in hotel rooms... Definitely not my style.

dahliafleur
dahliafleur

I came across this fragrance when a shop assistant at the duty free shop handed me a Givenchy ribbon and sprayed Dahlia Noir. I, at first whiff, found this fragrance super powdery and not to my taste but I could not stop smelling it. I fell in love! I almost bought it in the spur of the moment, not wanting to part with this elegant mysterious heavenly scent; but figured christmas was approaching and I'd have time and there would be good sales around. I obsessed over this fragrance constantly smelling it whenever I visited a fragrance counter, and within a month of knowing this fragrance I bought the largest 75ml bottle. I feel a little overdressed when I wear it at day time, but sometimes I just cannot resist! I feel like this perfume just fits me. I love this fragrance so much.

goodenpd
goodenpd

I have been looking for a new go to fragrance for years and I have finally found it. I love everything about this fragrance from the opening notes to the last remnents of scent hours later. The shape, weight and colors of the bottle. For me this fragrance is elegant, sophisticated and sexy.

Lucy V
Lucy V

Loving this. It smells best after about 30 minutes or so, once the head's worn off I guess. Also a big fan of the simple-shaped elegant bottle and the pale pink colour of the perfume. The EDT and the EDP smell quite different I think, I bought the EDP after trying both.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I find this add campaign repulsive! The victim was decapitated and cut up the middle, I dont care how ''nice'' this smells, I would never in a million years endorse the exploitation of an innocent woman's murder...... Interesting outfit -_____-

This is about as gothic as rainbow bright on a picnic

Naziabegum08
Naziabegum08

Light fresh and smells like johnsons baby lotion. Smells of newborn babies, well the edt does :)

hunterblu
hunterblu

I've had this since it's release and always liked it but today...it's snowing and very cold here...put it on this morning and today I realized I love this. Had to come here and change my like to a love.

This works beautifully in the cold winter months. Powdery with lots of iris, mimosa and patchouli with a nice pink peppercorn and rose middle and the base of sandalwood and tonka is perfect.

I'm not sure why it took me so long to fall in love with this but I have a feeling the very low temperature has something to do with this.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Well I do enjoy this little number. Bit of a dark name, but oh well. It has a dark, sensuality about it, that strikes through the heart notes and lingers with an intense presence. It has pretty good longevity and average sillage. Givenchy in terms of catwalk/runway gear,is absolutely stylish and femme. The frags, on the other hand, have a tendency to be a bit hit and miss over the years. This one stands out to me, it has presence and mystery all at the same time. I get patchouli as the dominant note, although it is not listed as a dominant note, but I can also smell the tonka bean shining through. I think this is best suited to a mysterious woman, with a gothic edge and a dark side. Pale skin, dark hair, black nails and a peeking of lace.

AUNZBOX
AUNZBOX

I bought a sample EDP 5ML, but it stays very closed to my skin like EDC. Simple not complex, very boring scent and chemical headache and far from natural. I think people will forget it soon. So sad Givency house create perfume for quantities not the quality. Now i want to return to year 1996 for Organza Givenchy, the precious time for their perfume.

PS: in the data base it said Chypre Group but it not ,it should be Aquatic Floral instead.

schil
schil

I find Dailia Noir and well balnsed perfume.it has two sides an fresh light and an heavyer one.
THe opening is attractive and i like dry down.i think because it is a bit sexie.
I feel good with this so if you want to give your sample or dalia noir away please to me!!.

Olia_Aroma
Olia_Aroma

The ad is really great, it made me want to try this perfume. "Dahlia Noir"... Judgind by the name and the ad, I expected it to be slightly odd and offbeat, definitely strong and characterful. And what do we get? It's not bad at all, BUT it's not enough - too weak, too general, too shy... You are not "noir" enough, Dahlia.

sally.west1
sally.west1

Received a tester of this today and WOW! When I first applied the juice it didn't impress me that much - very pleasant and womanly, warm and soft floral powdery chypre - but my oh my! An hour later it smells totally divine! So desirable but in a classy way - this is mysterious and different - and so much stronger on drydown than on application. Really want a bottle of this magical stuff - gorgeous! I get a hint of citrus on my skin but mostly powdery delight - somehow old school but not old fashioned - superb!

katierichardson
katierichardson

This smelt okay at first but after a while it started to remind me of baby nappys.

carmencita
carmencita

Who made this wonderful scent? I' m in love with.

I thought that this is quite nice but not overwhelming or outstanding.

Whit
Whit

I was not impressed by this one at all, but I seldom am with Givenchy's frags. When I tested it, I got nothing but citrus! No powder, no woods, just plain ole citrus. So disappointing given it's namesake; there's nothing "noir" about it. I really hate to give a bad review on a perfume, but this one didn't do anything for me at all. I dont understand the hype surrounding it, but we all have our different tastes. So sad, because I thought this one might change my mind. Oh well...

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

Okay, so i just walked through the perfume store today, looking for a new Going-out scent. I tried several fragrances (mostly the same as always) and as i wanted to leave the store I came past the "New In" section. I grabbed the dahlia noir bottle, not expecting anything special or overwhelming, sprayed i on my wrist and *BOOM*. i grabbed a box of the scent and bought it! right away!

It is such a powdery, soft, balmy scent it is soo lovely. Kinda falls into one section with euphoria in my opinion, but muuuch more smooth, nothing sharp at all, quite warm and soothing.

I sprayed it on and it feels like silk touching my skin. I absolutely love how it melts in with my skin.

Will DEFINITELY buy the full size when i am out of this one <3

gigiletta
gigiletta

powdery and comfortable,like sleeping on the further bed.i think it is not sexy but very feminen and classy,maybe not unique but got its personality.at the hot weather smells hair spray a bit.but i like it,perfect for iris-powdery lovers.
edit:very longlasting on me

meral
meral

Very elegant, classy and refined. Very contrary to all stereotype perfumes in the market. One must be familiar with all predominant perfumes and their vibes in order to appreciate this beauty. I am happy with increasing negative reviews. For me they are indicative of this perfumes high value.

pbluberry
pbluberry

I normally don't like pachouli in any fragrances but it is pretty muted here and it rounds out the whole. It definitely has a powdery mid to end drydown. The iris and pink peppercorn is dominate in this fragrance. It's strong but not too strong where you can get annoyed. I like it but I am not in love with it. I think the manderine orange killed it for me just like Issey Miyake Florale. The citrus is weird in rose fragrances for me, it gives it a very sharpe smell or maybe it's my body chemistry. Some stuff I love sniffing from the bottle but just not on and it's such a shame...

Update:
I have a sample of the EDT and love it more than the EDP. EDT is just the right amount of powdery. The EDP is too strong in all the notes. If you like strong powdery pachouli with a hint of rose and citrus than the EDP is for you.

kay_dee
kay_dee

opening very light and floral..ending note reminds me of hanae mori

Violettera
Violettera

Nice scent but I wish it was deeper and stayed longer on my skin.It had all the credits to be a warm sensul perfume, but it didn't make it.

elfremar
elfremar

I bought this just last week and love it.I tend to go for a powdery fragrance and this fits the bill beautifully.Next I need to look for body products in the same fragrance.

akats
akats

Very very powdery.....I didn't like it much. Iris annoyed me here. Pink pepper.... is a smell that I find it interesting in perfumes, but in this composition, when combined with iris, become a dry, sour note.I can't detect its chypre character. I smell rather a dry powdery floral perfume. Although well constracted, it gave me a strange feeling that I have smelled it again years ago. Maybe there are other perfumes that have this sour powdery quality as Dahlia. I'm not sure.....The fact is that it didn't match to my skin's chemistry.

MysticMeg
MysticMeg

I purchase the 75ml EDP after one sniff in the store. I am not dissapointed at all and it goes to show that sometimes you need to trust your instinct. This is a simple, classic and elegant delight and the dry-down is sensual and sexy. Love this perfume.

panda0410
panda0410

There are a lot of mixed reviews for this fragrance here. I picked a bottle (EDP) of this up very recently after testing in store, and can't say I regret it. The powdery iris note is a promiment feature and I really like it. Underneath there is a bed of patchouli and strong, but balmy sandalwood that makes this fragrance even more powdery - and I am sure this has contributed to the variety of reviews below. There is a gentle rose floral after the opening dies down, light pepper in the top, mandarin is ever so brief, I would have liked a little more to cut through some of the powderiness of this scent. It is slightly linear, iris, rose, patchouli and sandalwood are the prominent and everlasting notes, but overall I really like it. It reminds me of somthing I owned many years ago and cannot affix a name to. Its got a lovely cozy embrace to it, probably not suited for hot summer weather unless you have the EDT, I have the EDP on now and I could see it become cloying in the heat. Nice projection and longevity. Thumbs up ;)

xdollpartsx
xdollpartsx

I love and admire Givenchy fragrances, even the ones mot to my tastes, but I cannot smell this!!!!!!! I keep trying as I should love this looking at the notes, does anyone else have this problem? It just seems so weak for the price...I hope It's just me and I will be able to get it soon :(

TheCountess

I already added a review for this... turns out my skin hates it now... I can't stand it. If anyone truly wants it... the bottle is full. I only used it three times, just a couple of sprays. I have the gift box which has the bottle, scented candle and body lotion. Hit me up if you want to buy it!

larissafenerli
larissafenerli

its a perfect scent for women who want to smell elegant and soft. It says im here but its not annoying at all. Its soft and peaceful- definitely powdery. Little bit sweet but without its sweet notes it would smell like an ordinary powdery perfume. Smell this one if you are looking for a perfume with personality!

Annabel Lee
Annabel Lee

Dahlia Noir is a perfume that would never had made it into my "wanted" or "for test" lists because of its notes. I usually don't like pepper nor patchouli. I lean more towards fresh fruity florals, not too strong, not too sweet. But the other day i was at the store, i had planned buying Givenchy Very Irresistible Electric Rose (i still do!) but while being there i noticed Dahlia Noir's simple yet elegant bottle, don't know why but it made me curious so i sprayed it on my wrists. Before i could smell it a very kind lady at the counter said to me "isn't that patchouli note in Black Dahlia just gorgeous?" and i was like "PATCHOULI??? NOOO", but to my surprise i got this lovely floral scent (most of all i smelled roses) with a very subtle citrus note and a light touch of vanilla. Yes, it's powdery as other users have described it, and for a couple of minutes it smells almost babylike but that's only at the beginning, strange as it can be that cute baby smell changed into pure sexiness! That day I ended up buying the whole set which included a moisturizer and a lovely scented candle, and learned a new lesson: Patchouli is not my enemy :)

Tovah

I'm in the camp that thinks this is along the lines of Chloe Love and Chantilly, because I pick up the powdery pink pepper-iris effects, but Dahlia Noir is so very light. It's much less sensual than Chantilly, and much less floral than Chloe Love. I honestly think I must be anosmic to one or more of the ingredients in this, because I really cannot pick up much of anything else note-wise. This happens to me with some musks, but musk isn't listed as a note, so I don't know what's causing the problem. I have read this compared to Chanel No. 19, but no matter how many times I test this on scent strips or my skin I cannot fathom which discernible notes make that connection. I don't doubt that it's there, but, clearly, I can't smell a major component of this fragrance. I'd like to at least be able to say Dahlia Noir is "pretty", because I like the name and the idea of it, but it comes across to me like the smell of a dryer sheet that's been through several dryer cycles. Frustrating! Maybe it's my Nordstrom. I'll have to make a point to test this somewhere else, because, believe it or not, sometimes location seems to make a difference on what my nose can discern. Plus, all the coffee beans in the world can't drown out the melange of fragrances being tested all at once in Nordstrom.

Monika.nemecek
Monika.nemecek

I got the gift set . 75ml EDP, body cream and a CANDLE:) wonderful. I am in love with this fragrance. It is woody in the opening but then the iris and pink pepper come out and those two last like - forever :) Perfect gift. Very sophisticated, sexy fragrance. Smells like any other on the market. Unique!

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

I'm in love with this perfume .
It's a perfect floral-cypre perfume with woody notes to endnotes .
On my skin it's longevity is great , about 10 hours .
So feminine and beautiful.
Just perfect for fall and winter ....

Zoya
Zoya

Oh, I love it so much. It took some time until it grew up on me, but now I'm totally in love with it. In the begining I thought that all I could smell was baby talc. Now I understand that it smells nothing like baby powder but more like expensive, luxurious, vintage, french cosmetics. It reminds me of my childhood, when I was playing with my mother's make up. Old make up used to have this rich, soft and sweet scent. It smells just like it.

lilac82
lilac82

It reminds me of Jonsons baby shampoo. I only tried it a few times at the drugstore, but so far I'm really loving it

naht
naht

Cheira a sabonete de rosas. Nada mais do que isso. Fixação péssima, não devia levar a nomenclatura EDP. Mais uma decepção. Aliás, a Givenchy é campeã em produzir perfumes decepcionantes.

Anmo

Dahlia Noir i.e. Black Dahlia doesn't mean that it is only suited for people with dark complexions, review below made me laugh. Nothing very 'noir' about this Givenchy at all.
This scent is suitable for people of all complexions, it depends on individual chemistry, whether it is suitable or not.
It's quite 'baby-powdery' and light enough for true blondes, imo. Most Asians (i mean real Asians, not middle easterns who are technically Caucasians) lean more towards fresh/fruity scents but personally i love the powdery EdP.
The EdT is a typical light pleasant citrusy scent.

busik
busik

If you have every combination of patchouli and pink considered a chypre, then ... Fans who remember the real Shipra watered soon there will be nothing. But the young newcomers will really believe that this is the chypre is, after all, what was before them the dough may not ever happen. Well, maybe somewhere far away in the database, it is barely audible chypre, and then only because it was the rose and patchouli. More suitable as the smell of bath lines.

suhaesa
suhaesa

sweet.. sensual sexy ..sophisticated.. the next door neighbor, who's really sweet and helpful and throws parties all weekend for the elite..hmmm i don't know.. its a lovely perfume, that i smelled in a hundred different perfumes in the past 30 years its a combination of many hot 80 mixed with the best of the flowery balmy high end sweet 2000.. its a combination between lancome's tresor, and elie saab, and roberto cavalli, and jimmy choo etc ..its that kind of perfume, that you have a history and many memories with.. as if you have already fell in love with it in another lifetime.. or you've used it endlessly and got bored from it ,yet you can't say you don't like it.. you will always like it ..but take it for granted.. for its not unique.. not a masterpiece yet done beautifully normally sensually ..
its a perfume you can wear everywhere.. day or night ..to the office.. or to a date.. and you will still get compliments ..in mellow soft notes.. not overpowering.. clean.. sharp ..soft.. yet feminine and pretty seductive..it reminds me of chloe eau de parfum 2008..its a true perfume in today's synthetic world of so called perfumes ..or at least as close as you can get o a real nice sweetish sophisticated scent..

this review is about the new one in 2011 and its edt
well there was never an old one its a new fragrance from this respected house.

rating 3.9 out of 5

Anmo

Love the ad photo, love the bottle, love the supposed notes, however i'm a bit disappointed with the actual scent of ETD (pink lid) which does smell like rose tonic with citrus top notes (as another reviewer noted) and nothing particularly interesting for the price.
Dahlia Noir EDP (black lid) settles into a lovely powdered scent with dried rose but not that similar to Very Irresistible, something a bit vintage/gothic as well as babyish about the EDP ... in a most positive sense!
For someone who loves powdery scents (like me), EDP is a must try... as for EDT, i'm absolutely indifferent towards it.

Layana
Layana

Dislike it. I have a full untouched bottle and would love to get rid of it. Nothing special about it for me.

jesseg
jesseg

this smells like rose tonic the one you clean your face with or facial wipes scented with rose....not intresting and a flat perfume in my opinion that doesnt develop on ur skin

lalludo
lalludo

At first I liked it, not noir at all, however seems to be very delicate and soft.
I waited to smell it again on my skin, and it turned to be too baby powder-like.
I would not buy it.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Very -cream- like floral. Not dark kind of scent, but it is loud and posesses some medium sillage which is kind of thick. It's powdery iris, but at the same time smells like old cream... I totally do not like it, the base again, is horrible... Seems like these days it's top and the middle they work around and completely forget that base notes are not for fixing this, but should smell as gorgeous as well. Been wanting to test this for so long, but it turned to be not my type of scent at all xD
P.S. Just read comments about this smelling like clean baby diaper. I agree, I've been around them)))

Biliana

Addendum: to me, this scent is a mixture of:
Miracle (Lancome) + Jeanne (Lanvin) + Dior Addict Shine.

Biliana

So many people have written "powder, powder". Am I the only one who smells mostly the flowers in it? Come on, it's a delicate, tender, happy fragrance!

Biliana

I just sniffed it and initially liked it A LOT! Then I thought "well, wait a second, this reminds me of a fragrance I've already tried". Yes, that's it: a mixture between Miracle and Jeanne (Lanvin).
It is tender but even if I like it a lot, don't intend to buy it.

leigh.evledon
leigh.evledon

I would have to say all I can pick up is cedar, cedar, cedar and a bit of rose. I want to like it? But to much of a cedar opening and stays around to long. Sorry, Givenchy.

venomkisses
venomkisses

I tried this out at my local perfume store and fell in love with it. I wanted to see what the notes are and found all these bad reviews and I was honestly surprised!

Dahlia Noir has a powdery and floral scent with a touch of pink pepper. It's long lasting on skin as well. I find it a beautiful, rich feminine scent for those who want a bit of change from the sweet fruity perfumes.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

Yikes! Powder, powder, and more powder. I really do not like this as I find it smells like a babies diaper. Unfortunately, another dud from Givenchy.

pollen

aww i really liked it at first! it was powdery and lovely floral but then i started to smell a familiar yet strange thing...like hair removal cream. ..:O i guess it was the patchouli when it dried down on my skin:O then it was ok in the 2nd hour... a funny experience indeed!

Rux2589

I tried this one yesterday and even though I was a bit skeptical after reading a bunch of negative reviews, I actually liked it very much.

On my skin, it smells similar to Love by Chloe, only softer and more pleasant. I personally like Love very much, but it's probably too strong and powdery for some noses.

I think Dahlia Noir suits me very well and I'm actually thinking of buying it. The silage is okay, the lasting power is okay (about 6 to 8 hours I think) and even though it's not quite unique smelling, I find the EDP feminine, sexy and classy.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

While the EDP smells less like floor cleaner (than the EDT) there is still something ''pine-y'' in it and I can't get beyond that. I smeall no flowers, just this green forest scent and maybe a touch of pepper. Not sure what the designers were going for...does a Dahlia even have a scent?

TheCountess

I read the reviews from this forum, and went to try it out afterwards. It's clear that, in the perfume world, you have to be your own judge. Hands down. I tried it, and it smells amazing on my skin. It smells reeeaaallly sexy and sultry. I am not ashamed of spending the money.

It's a beautiful floral, the sillage is amazing on my skin and I have gotten many compliments. I think I'll buy another bottle!

suile

First off, it's a pleasant enough powdery floral - but the drydown is horrific - musty, pungent, stale smelling. Long lasting too.

outofocus
outofocus

I tried it on a paper strip and it was quite pleasant and fresh, therefore I tried it on skin and what a disappointment!! It was practically old fashioned powder and not much else at least on my skin. Im sorry but I will keep on grieving the old fashioned Perfume House, how can it go so low with this kind of cheap product.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Yet another triumph of style (and brand) over substance. This smells like hot 1970's vinyl tablecloth, like when my mum put a hot pan down and melted the plastic a bit. Dahlia flowers actually don't smell of much at all and this smells of nothing except the plastic with a whiff of synthetic floral. I have noticed that this hot plastic smell seems to be a feature of cheap and reformulated scents, so as well as not smelling good, this is a cheap formulation. I don't know what Givenchy are up to, but they died in the late 90's it seems to me.

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

I saw a display in my local department store and thought I would try it out. The SA was very friendly and let me have a spray on the back of my hand and on a card as well. I was with my OH at the time and I let him have a sniff.

My first reaction was that it was sweet and floral but with a hint of juicy fruit. I hadn't seen the notes, so was surprised to see when I checked out fragrantica that my nose must be more educated. The initial blast was quite attractive and I had high hopes for it. My OH on the other hand didn't like it. His initial reaction was "headache inducing floral". I was disappointed because I always prefer it when he likes my perfumes too. But I was hoping that maybe the drydown would be nice.

Oh no! After a while I kept smelling bad patchouli. I wondered where it was coming from. It was the dry-down! I had a smell and was so disappointed! Patchouli when well done can be such a great note in a perfume, but it jarred quite badly here. The iris didn't smell nice, my OH said he thought it smelt like toilet cleaner! :(

This is a dirty iris. I couldn't smell sandalwood or rose. This wasn't a pleasant clean iris, it was an in your face down and dirty smell. I really hate giving bad reviews, but this is how this particular perfume smelt to me. I am so glad I didn't buy this as a blind buy as if I had seen the notes I might have previously had made this mistake.

Please don't remove this review as I only every give honest comments about my personal experiences with perfumes. I love the Givenchy house, so this was a disappointment to me!

alchimia72
alchimia72

Dahlia noir was launched in 2011 but it's available in Italy from 5 days. I had great expectation, but for me it's a great disappointment!
The beginning isn't anything of particular but something already smelled. But the development is worse for me: something about sweet grass. And not a monster in sillage. Not my cup of tea at all!

Juliana6

I've got a sample of it.
Sorry, but from the first sniff I'd say- nothing special about it- mass market scent for everyday wear.
It's fresh, soapy, nice smelling liquid. I think it would be good for autumn. As mentioned below, it has something "old", already smelled somewhere. Yes, maybe it is from 70ties- 80ties.
Givenchy wanted to create an image of "femme fatale", but I see a classy office woman in black (trousers and jacket), white blouse, medium high heels, hair in ponytail, just a hint of make up, nude lipstick. And there she is- serious, hard working and calm. I just hope she can feel free after the office time, after the "Dahlia noir" time.

Nosymonky
Nosymonky

The drydown is fresh yet mysterious, it is a beautiful scent. The longevity is quite sad at just about an hour. When I smell it from a sample vial, it reminds me of a woman, black clinging dress,black heels and a concealed weapon strapped to her thigh. She's the 007 of the female kind. It's dark, mysterious and a little bit dangerous. The scent is gorgeous, the lasting power is unfortunately nil.

EDP
Strange, soapy, dry, sharp and somehow similar to an old after-shave in the '70s.
I kept thinking about what note was preminent. The note was similar to Shalimar Parfum Initial, then I read here and siad: Yes, iris!
The typical dry, woody-powdery note of iris (non the fluffy candy sugar iris).
I like this perfume quite enough, maybe don't love, but I find it original in the crowded market, different and daring. It's strong but not devasting.

Migalex
Migalex

This one smells amazingly good. One of the scents of this century i like best, and do not seem to tire of it. I really like it. The dominant note to me is vanilla. I find it very similar to L'ínstant Magique, and has the time goes by it becomes also similar to Omnia Amethyste, but it has a character of its own. The almondish sweetness of vanilla makes it very close to L'Instant Magique. It is very sweet. Nevertheless, it has a juicy fresh edge, more pronounced in the opening, which gives it a very special character. That is what I find very special about it, maybe due to the way orange is used. It is really remarkable. The drydown is very powdery, and has the same very pleasant harsh character as Omnia Amethyste, due to the pink pepper, very noticeable. It seems to me to be between those two scents. Staying power is very very good, impressive really. The only not so positive thing is silage. Although not poor, I do not think it is great. But not everyone likes big silage and this keeps relatively close to skin, although it does have some projection. Really good. By the way, I do not think it is a chypre floral, but rather oriental floral. I would classify it as oriental vanilla.

virga
virga

Based on the reviews and notes and the color of the fragrance I expected Dahlia Noir to be another typical fruity-rosy-patchouli-pink pepper type of fragrance like Chloe EDP or Guilty by GUCCI, but actually it smells more like Iris Nobile by Acqua di Parma. Dahlia Noir is dusty powdery and bittersweet, just like dahlia itself despite the fact that dahlia is not listed among the notes. It is very powdery, yes; sweet peppery iris is the main note, clean patchouli and rose are also detectable. It is not chypre, it is not “noire” more like floral woody. But it is not bright nor cheerful and that’s why I like it. Counting the fact that I like fragrances based on iris, enjoy powdery scents (there is no “too powdery” for me) and know nothing about black dahlia murder, Dahlia Noir is going straight to my wish list. Lasting power is good (after 5 hours it is still there), silage is moderate. The advertising and the name are weird indeed (as I said, the scent is not noir), the bottle looks good. All in all it is a comforting ladylike scent, perfect for every day wear.

Natalia78
Natalia78

I actually really like it. It is very soapy & creamy, stays close to the skin. There is a gentle iris note deep deep down there, which prevents fragrance from developing into an overwhelming & sickly powder. It is a neatly put together floral with quite good silage and moderate longevity. It responds to individual skin chemistry and would probably be warmly welcomed by E. Lauder's Sensuous Noir lovers.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

What a loud, sharp and synthetic smell. It really is too much in your face. I really cannot understand people call this 'soft'. After testing this I got a big headache. I also smell plastic in it. I really find Dahlia Noir an very unpleasant smell. Please people don't overdo this one. And why aren't there any dhalia's in the notes ?

This was strongly powdery on me and dried to a sweet powder and a sharp, alcoholic woody edge that was not pleasant. Just didn't settle on my skin and blasted powder like a snow blower. Sort of nasty with my chemistry anyway.

rifufun_ha
rifufun_ha

I fell in love with this perfume within the first 10 minutes. I've never actually experienced and got an idea of "powdery" scent. But after 10min with this one, boy did I get the powder! It's like I took a sniff out of an opened baby powder bottle and got all the powder stuck in my nose. I love baby powder, but this is just unbelievably overpowering and tickling to my nose. So powdery that I got a headache. What a disappointment for the steep price.

Niquitaa
Niquitaa

the name i really offputting. reminds me of the black dahlia murder :/

megank4

This perfume has been haunting me in the perfume store for months now. I kept trying it on, liking it, but deciding I didn't need another bottle of perfume. I finally bought it yesterday. It is very strong, and if put on too much, it is cloying and overpowering. But just a little is nice. A powdery yet peppery scent.

tpeacock
tpeacock

Very soft and feminine. The main accents are powder, rose and vanilla in decreasing order of strength. For me, it lacks depth and while I like it, wouldn't wear it.

MsSkazka
MsSkazka

Love this perfume! Smells very warm and creamy/balmy rose on me. One-two sprays is more then enough, will definitely last for 2 days.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

This is sweet and romantic perfume. It is definitely not noir, but it is loving and light! It is perfect for those up close and personal encounters where you want to charm someone by being subtle. Although I am not much of a subtle perfume lover I found this to be very charming. The patchouli here is in synchronized harmony, and it is not loud or offensive. There is a nice floral, rose, vanilla accord. If you are seeking a subtle rose perfume, I think you would love this. I find this to be very weak for evening wear. It does not stand out in a crowd kind of smell, and it will not leave trails. I would recommend this for spring, and summer, and for everyday wear, including office. I do find it to be quite elegant in a simple way.

Jellybean
Jellybean

grownup spicy peppery rose scent.
typical givenchy fragrance.
rose, pepper and patchouli are main three I can smell all the way thru.
Drydown is somewhat powdery however fragrance still retains it's original trio of previously mentioned.
slightly harsh for my taste, but at the same time I don't dislike it, I'm still neutral on this one....
moderate silage 4-5 hours.

I love a powdery floral that's not too sweet, and that's exactly what this is. Very floral, powdery, A bit soapy, fresh and sharp, with even a hint of citrus. I agree with other reviewers who say there is nothing "Noir" about this. This is strong and smells clean. I like it quite a bit.

I thought the floral part of this perfume smelled nice, but I know what's "noir" about it--loads of black pepper on top. It was just too much of an oxymoron--fresh flowers with black pepper--and nothing rich enough to bridge the gap in between. In a way I like it, but in a way I just don't think it's for me, not the kind of spice I like in a perfume. Perhaps this is why people think it smells like air freshener...the nose-tickling pepper.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I was excited to try this thinking "this might actually have some presence and depth unlike every other juice on the market right now" wrong, nothing Noir or dark about it boring floral with a touch of fruit - think this is trying to be a new version of Hot Couture but doesnt quite cut it. Boring

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

It's powdery, warm... You don't need much, just one spritz and your good to go! I still can smell it after hours.... It has a classic feel. Good for evenings.

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

on me, this smelled like the free soap you can get at a holiday inn. Not a bad smell but nothing interesting or worth buying.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

I agree with Mystica. This smelled pretty on me for the first 10 minutes. I almost bought it! Thankfully, I didn't. The dry down smelled exactly like those funny candies that are chewy plastic pop bottles with flavored syrup inside. It smelled like the plastic and the juice. Plus old lady. In fact, without prompting for their opinion, someone said "You smell like my grandma." to me. Then realizing that might have sounded rude, they covered with, "Oh, that's not a bad thing." HA HA No, it is a bad thing.

This did not work for me at all.

Nordica
Nordica

Well, I cannot agree with the general "this is nothing" tone that one gets here reading through the reviews.
This perfume reminds me a wee bit of Ysatis Iris, without the heaviness of tuberose. I'm grateful, I hate tuberose it too prominent.
It's elegant, a bit mysterious and subtle. To my pleasure, it is far away from anything bold or loud, it's - well, subtle. Not a gas attack. Love it, it's a keeper!

mystica
mystica

On top notes slightly similar to Narciso Rodrigues For Her lacking the depth and that creamy musk effect.
Dahlia Noir smells exactly like perfumed powdered toilet roll and quality air freshener. Pleasant, light, but somehow chemical I'm afraid. It has a baby powder feel to it. It lacks sillage though, longevity is not impressive as well.
In my opinion also, comparing Dahlia Noir to Agent Provocateur is an insult to AP which is deep, rich, safronny, spicy, and very good on longevity and sillage.
Dahlia Noir is soft and light, and I would call it sophisticated if only it didn't turn to something else on drydown. All the pleasant top notes just fly away and what I'm left with is something not impressive. I am really in doubt if it worths the money.

talnyc
talnyc

I tried this today 12-26-11 at Bergdorf Goodman. It is sophisticated, but I do not like the vanilla/sandalwood dry down. I am not a fan of vanilla and the sandalwood, makes it a powdery vanilla scent. I like to bottle, but I would not buy this fragrance. If you are a fan of these notes, I could see this being worn in the evening.

Majesty
Majesty

After Ange ou Demon Le Secret I am again very disappointed with Dahlia Noir. First of all it's not so ''noir'' as the name suggests. I smell something like Nivea cream,that after an hour I can't even say I put a perfume on!I don't get the rose,iris,or mimosa just a plain ''creamy'' patchouli,maybe patchouli with a hint of vanilla.It is not loud,pretty much too transparent for my nose..Lasting power is pretty bad,unfortunately.

megank4

a sweet simple scent that isn't overwhelming.

sweetness10
sweetness10

When I first smelled this in the shop in the bottle I loved it, it smelled powdery and for some reason that really appealed to me (I'm usually more into floral-type fragrances). Having used it, I still like it but not enough to want it again. It smells really strongly of baby powder and when I initially sprayed it on it had quite a strong alcohol smell. After a few hours, it smells like baby powder with a bit of a kick to it. Not really very exciting by any means.

fanny
fanny

Dahlia Noir sounds like a night- or winterflower.
Not at all what I expected: Lovely, but very light and summerlike with a subtle edge.

Sillage: a bit shy

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

Received a sample from Neiman Marcus:

You had better love powder for this perfume. First spray was a blast of Johnson's and Johnson's baby powder (the original in the white container).

I nor my partner liked the smell in the beginning

About an hour later I got a bit of iris and patchouli. There's nothing sweet about this juice, so I think that if you're not a sweet lover, you may well enjoy it. I liked it about this time, as opposed to earlier. The super baby powder smell is still there but much calmer.

About hour 2-4 I can finally smell something tangy and pick up more on the pink pepper. The iris leans more toward a greener smell at that time, and much more manly.

On my skin, no tonka, vanilla, or rose. I would have liked something a bit sweeter to balance out some of the more wood/green smells.

I think this would smell amazing on a man.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I'm not sure why this is classified as a chypre floral, as I smell nothing chypre about it, but this is definitely a relief to me.
Firstly, I think the bottle is very sophisticated and a little bit femme fatale with the name. But this isn't bold or strong as you would expect from this depiction, it's smooth, there are no hard edges with this. It's black satin, a wisp of perfume and a haunting memory. Lots of rose and powdery iris, that comes out more in the dry down, with a hint of sandalwood and the sweet and powdery tonka bean. These aren't exotic fragrance notes, but the combination here is very soft and sensual.
However this is definitely a skin scent. I think you would have to douse yourself for it to have any real sillage, though soft as this is you might be able to get away with that. Another true woman's fragrance from Givenchy.

Timetoski
Timetoski

I can't imagine how the sillage could be that bad? I smelled this for 2 days in my car, sprayed on a paper card! The first day, the smell absolutely enveloped me when i opened the car door, in spite of the fact there were three other Acqua di Parma cards in my car as well. I've given a sample of the edp to my mother and, on her and myself, the fragrance is detectable the entire day and even upon wakening the next morning. And I complain about most fragrances not lasting on me. This lasts unusually long, like some of the Tom Ford's I adore. I usually don't care for powdery scents, but for some reason, I find this fragrance intoxicating. Instead of purchasing the perfume (I hate paying full price) I plan on getting the Moisturizing Skin Dew when it is released. It sounds wonderful and I will see if, applied all over, this is enough fragrance without using the edp....

Jenan
Jenan

I like the baby powder scent but the sillage is absolutely appalling! And for that price it's a total rip off

The ad campaign has nothing to do with the perfume & what's worse is I actually fell for the false advertising (if u want to call it that) & actually bought the 100ml bottle. That and the fact that it's supposed to be an eau de parfum meaning it shud have SOME staying power.

That said, if they made the same scent with a more intense formulation and with more sillage I would buy it again.

ION
ION

A new fragrance from "Givenchy" should be something big.
However, it is not my fault I didn't even bother to try this one until a couple of days ago.
And I wasn't surprised. It is a formal dark perfume (the 'noir' in its name is well justified), without personality or beauty.
Come on, we all know you can do better if you try. So, why don't you try?

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

Sorry, but I'm done paying alot of money for something no one will smell ':/

Endymion
Endymion

The bottle looks like CK's Euphoria for men, don't you think? :)

neferteria
neferteria

I tested this at Saks and had a small vial to bring home with me. This is a nice scent, one I would wear, but it would not likely become one of my favorites. It has the understated scent of other Givenchy fragrances, which I tend to like and enjoy. I do not, however, find it to be an exotic fragrance as its name might suggest. Personally, I would likely wear it with tweeds in the cold weather months as it does have a nice warmth to it. I find that it doesn't last very long on me, more like an eau de toilette than an eau de parfum, so that is disappointing to me. Were it longer lasting, I would be tempted to buy it for everyday wear.

passionata20
passionata20

OK, so you´re a Givenchy creation BUT... you don´t impress me much!!!!

I had a chance to try it today. I have sprayed it very liberally all over myself but the sillage is not good for EDP i must say. i can´t smell it!!! But i like it. It is very powdery chypre for my nose and there is some sour note i detect somehow. It is quite different from most nowdays perfumes but still it is not very impressing, it is more "dead" than "alive". Lasting power is not good as i would like it to be. Really i would like to write something more but there is not much to add actually :)
The last really nice fragrance from Givenchy must have been "Hot couture". After that it is just all so wrong with this house.

EDIT (0ctober 2012): Finally it has arrived to my country and now is heavily promoted everywhere. So i thought i would give it another try.... I have made 3 or 4 tests by now both on paper and my skin and the more i try it the more i am convinced that we won´t get along with this EDP. Dirty iris, like Darkclarissa said, moderatly podery and sour rose as well. It just don´t work for me somehow. I still would say that this is a dead fragrance. A friend of mine is a good friend of Ricardo Tisci´s transgender "muse" Lea T so they hang out a lot together. He has told me that mr.Tisci has a very dark personality and obsessed with cemeteries (no wonder, just look at horrific collections he has done for Givenchy) and everything dark and gothic. So this is exactly up to his alley: a fragrance of mourning, this is how i see it. Quiet and sad. I don´t find it beautiful at all. I hope they won´t make flankers to it, like they did with "Very irresistable", "Ange ou demon" and "Eaudemoiselle". Have you noticed by the way that those ones are also quite cold fragrances? No wonder why.

milkyway
milkyway

I agree with those who say that it is not an entirely new frag, but who cares? Everything would smell like something else if you sniff close enough..
I smell pepper, patchouli, iris, sandalwood..The smell is alluring and complete..It is true that you would have to be a fan of those notes to like Dahlia Noir because they are quite prominent..
The dry down is peppery and flowery with a bit of tonka mixed in..I think it would smell great in winter..Oh, also- don't bother looking at the ad, just smell the juice.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

A meaningless launch by Givenchy.

They should get a good Nose back and stick to him/her as they did with D.Ropion. Even Eaudemoiselle by Demachy was great. But this is a scent with no personality.

I have no idea what they were thinking about.

lilou
lilou

I don't like it : it's boring and strong, nothing special, nothing "mysterious".

Louvenia
Louvenia

An unconstructed and unfinished perfume to my nose.A dry chypre,not so dark like the ad tries to present it. I recognized a bunch of soft flowers and musty patchouli-wood combo in the drydown. First thought was 'I have smelled something like that before''.A bit of Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir and we are almost there..Without the warm woody base of course..Lasting power was so bad..15 minutes and then gone..

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

It is definitely a powdery floral chypre. It is pleasant, soft, dusty. Good for wearing to work, not overwhelming. The patchouli is not overbearing. I was not blown away at first, however, it is growing on me. It reminds me of Kenzo Winter Flowers, very similar.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A strong sweet fragrance with prominent floral notes, this is a perfect daytime scent. Not too obtrusive, just very pretty.

katrin1128
katrin1128

I just bought this and it's heavenly. A strong mandarin open, which dries down to a powdery iris with a base of sandalwood and just a little patchouli. It's very sensuous. I can't get enough. Very sexy with good sillage but not overpowering.

tjjbjaeg
tjjbjaeg

I smell iris and then a strong soapy, even washing up liquid like smell, with a hefty dose of cocount. Of course there is no coconut in the notes listed here, but the impression of coconut is so strong on my skin that my husband asked if I had bought coconut shower gel..... Do they make coconut flavoured washing up liquid? Hohum, not to be.

LaPetite
LaPetite

It's this fall good surprise for me !
At first when i tested it on the paper, i hardly couldn't smell anything . Then tried it on my wrist ;
Indeed it has an obvious dark / masculine aspect , it is also warm (tonka bean , patchouli) , which makes it a very good autumn / winter scent . Added to this, flowers an mandarin makes it quite feminine however , i like it a lot really .
I don't think it will become a legendary scent however.
Would i buy it ? Well, why not?

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Black Dahlia follows the trend of powdery fabric softener type of fragrances established by Chloé Signature, but this time with a noticeable sandalwood base that further enhances the powdery aspect.

Not a bad scent if you are in for this type of fragrances. Love, Chloé and the recently launched L'Air de Nina Ricci are also good examples.

The problem I have with Black Dahlia is that the scent doesn't work with neither the name, ad campaign nor the bottle. With Ricardo Tisci being involved, I was expecting something much more "dangerous". Only the soft peachy color of the juice suggests that direction.

Black Dahlia was for me the scent that was going to bring back the world of Givenchy's couture and perfumes together again, but it leaves me with mixed feelings. It's like one part of the Givenchy theme worked on the image and the other worked on the scent without ever worked together.

"Mon petit Dahlia chéri Poudré" would have been a much more better suited name for this juice.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

I was truly looking forward to trying this one, and my sample arrived today! The opening was acceptable, with a brief moment of orange followed by what seemed to me to be powdery violet (reading the notes, I assume it was mimosa...). As the dry-down continued, it became a sweet floral with a dusty-powdery overtone, a bit confused and lacking definition or finesse. Longevity is good, and sillage is also fairly good without being overwhelming, but it will not be FBW for me; I would give it an overall 3/5.

Liz7733
Liz7733

This is pure powder, at least to me. It does have a bit of a spiciness to it. The drydown is pure baby powder. It's nice but not amazing.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is very powdery with a twist! I haven't tried it on my skin. Will update. This smells like woody baby powder! Pass.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I got A sample and as i sprayed it smells a tiny bit like Cloe Love. I don't dislike Dahlia Noir but is not that I would go out and buy it. I like Cloe Love better than Dahlia. But that's my personal opinion, no offence.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

The name certainly sounds fatal and mysterious, but the fragrance itself doesn't really live up to it's name. I adore the scent. But it's a scent you can wear almost any occasion, so it lacks the mystery and individuality that usually appeals to me.
I admire it's unpretentious, simplistic yet remarkable bottle. It's fragrance, however, lacks a 'wow' factor.
Gorgeous, but easily forgetable.

Fragboy80
Fragboy80

This fragrance opens with a powdery top note then the dry down is very exotic and sensuous. this can can for a young or more womanly. This is a very beautiful fragrance and smells awesome will make men go crazy for you...Exclusively at Neiman Marcus

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Smelled this today at Neiman Marcus and it's quite hard to place. I got a sample of it and I just dabbed it on myself. It's very mature smelling with some citrus and it's also a little bit spicy. I don't really know where or how to place this. I don't think I'll be needing a bottle of this :/

black_bullet
black_bullet

Associations with the murder are just plain ridiculous. And no, she was not decapitated. I won't go into the gory details, but that is one thing that was not done. Chypre florals are hit or miss with me. I'll just have to wait impatiently and see.

suile

So looking forward to this one, I hope I'm not going to be disappointed. I once created a garden with all black flowers, they have always intrigued me and fall all too easily for any fragrance with "x" flower and black/dark/noir in the name,(and in the process finished up with a very expensive line of air fresheners, alas). Though some have been great successes.

Dahlia Noir by Givenchy 3.52 out of 5 based on 951 ratings and 206 user reviews

GIVENCHY DAHLIA NOIR for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Eau De Toilette 1oz
Givenchy Dahlia Noir 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Dahlia Noir 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
GIVENCHY DAHLIA NOIR for WOMEN by Givenchy SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY MILK 3.3 OZ POUCH
Dahlia Noir Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Givenchy Dahlia Noir Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Dahlia Noir Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Dahlia Noir Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Gift Set 1.7oz
Givenchy Dahlia Noir Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz Body Milk 100ml 3.3oz Black Pouch 2pcs 1pouch
Gift Set 1.7oz
Givenchy Dahlia Noir Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz Body Milk 100ml 3.3oz Pouch 2pcs 1pouch
macys.com
Givenchy 'Dahlia Noir' Eau de Parfum
Givenchy 'Dahlia Noir' Eau de Parfum
Givenchy 'Dahlia Noir' Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz
Givenchy 'Dahlia Noir' Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Dahlia Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Dahlia Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dahlia Noir by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dahlia Noir by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.