Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women

Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women
dislike

Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women Pictures

The new version of fragrance Dahlia Noir EDT has been launched in 2012 adding up to last year’s editione Dahlia Noir Eau de Parfum. Creators of the house of Givenchy provided the new flacon with feminine and gentle pink shades, while the compsoition is built as a floral-fruity mixture, supported with precious woody accords. Perfumer of the enw edition is Francois Demachy.

Demachy gives the new version Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette a juicy and luminous start in which fresh and citrusy aromas of mandarin and lemon intertwine skillfully with thick and sweet peach zest. This extremely fruity opening leaves more space for a floral bouquet in the heart of the perfume, the fragrant petals of which make the flirtatious pink cocktail more playful. A base incorporates creamy and soft shades of sandalwood and vanilla, accompanied with warm amber and cedar.

Flacon of the new edition is shaped just like the one of last year's edition Dahlia Noir EDP, and is available as 50 and 75ml EDT. Transparent glass of this geometric-shape bottle highlights pink liquid of the fragrance that goes along perfectly with a stopper in the same shade and with the romantic composition of the perfume. On the market since the beginning of February 2012!

Lemon Mandarin Orange Peach

Pink Pepper Rose

Sandalwood Cedar Amber Vanilla Musk

Dahlia Noir

Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

smellME
smellME

I totally agree on this not beeing very noir.
This is just like its bottle , a transparent slight powdery peach , rose and pepper.
It is concerning smell - what sometimes is called "blindby safe"

This is a pretty girly scent without any fudgy sweet girly notes.
It is instead rather soft or weak...you choose the best word.....
Though beeing a softie, this lingers on for a good 6-7 hours.

I really like it , it is a safe pick and probably won't disturbe you on any note.
For a La vie est belle and Flowerbomb lover this edt is surely to weak.

It is likeable to me and as said before, an easy pick from the dresser table in the morning !

Once I got over the feeling of "HEY, WHERE'S THE NOIR?" I was able to accept Dahlia Noir and realize it's quite a nice scent. I purchased EDT because I already own Shalimar Initial, which shares a similar dense rose/iris powderiness with EDP.
EDT definitely has the same bones, but it's not as thick nor as sweet. I detect a good bit of sugared lemon and a peach iced tea type note. There's a bit of powder, but nothing on par with the baby powder assault of EDP. In that sense, EDT is younger, fresher and more appropriate for day to day wear or the office/classroom.

goingblonde
goingblonde

The word Noir is deceptive here.
This is very soft & feminine ,

Citrus notes in the beginning but over all creamy Sandalwood.

It smells very elegant an classy , also calming in a way .
It's nothing really exciting or different IMO, but a very nice everyday scent that I cant see ever offending.It actually is cozy & inviting .

Stays close to the skin & the only down side for me is the longevity - its maybe a 4/10 :(
For the price I would prefer longer lasting scent :-)

Sweetfragrance
Sweetfragrance

A refreshing breath of air, I love how the fragrance changes from citrusy to floral in the dry down.

simbeast
simbeast

dahlia noir edt is a nice, light but artificial-smelling, pink scent, with sparkly citrus and light rose. i wasn't a big fan of the edp, but i liked this one a lot when i first tried it. now that i have a giant bottle of it, i don't really wear it so much.

it's a nice scent for work, a casual outing, or a wedding (not your own). bottom line, it smells pleasant without stealing the show. i would recommend this to someone who likes chanel chance eau tendre but wants something a bit different.

r4elle
r4elle

I wish I could smell the notes you guys say it smells of!!! I think it is both my nose and also skin chemistry that is totally resistant to this perfume. The pepper is soooo much in this that I can't smell anythng else at all. There are a number of scents that do not talk to me at all like this one and they all have that powdery-peppery aura. :( Sorry Dahlia!

Bona St
Bona St

I like very much the frangrance, it's adorabile, but doesen't last long :(

sky74
sky74

The beginning is beautifull, but afterwards it gets terribly sweet on my skin, which I cannot tolerate. Not for me.

harpist
harpist

This is truly the rosy peach margarita on the rocks with pink pepper salt on the rim. Vibrant and refreshing, she is fitting for a youthful lady with class and a charming smile. There is a coy sensuality about her, however she is ungrounded and rather fleeting- her scent lingers in the mind for all the 'what if' possibilities she could be. Dahlia Noir is a misnomer as there is nothing Femme Fatale about this.

Instantly I am spritzed with the lemon and mandarin orange- it is an almost bitter citrus that is immediately sweetened up by an elegant peach. Then I detect a light and beautiful rose with the pink pepper that really keeps it youthful and alive. The sandalwood and cedar create a complement to the peach while the amber and vanilla give it that creamy dreamy warmth and musk. It starts out refreshing and then rather a fuzzy and comforting scent. I find myself grabbing for this on a daily basis.

I did 3-4 sprays on top of my moisturizer and it lasted about 3-4 hours. The peach and rose are prominent in the first half, then it fades to a gentle vanilla and pink peper combo. The silage is really skin soft. Dahlia seems to plays hide and seek- she will occasionally surprise you with a pleasant reminder that she is there. However, for a Givenchy perfume I am really disappointed with the longevity and silage!! It could have been much more worth buying. This would be something that you would have to refresh yourself with. It doesn't cloy nor is it heady.

Dahlia Noir EDT is similar to and replaces my desires for Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, Versace Bright Crystal, Marc Jacobs Daisy, Jimmy Choo EDT, and Especially Escada Delicate Notes. I do love this for the elegant fruity rose, and wish it would have a greater silage- but for the fantastic price I got this for as a blind buy, it's a love!

I can't say it's unique but it's certainly something I will be grabbing often for a light uplifting day scent in the spring or summer. But when she's gone, it will be time to move on with gentle memories of her warmth. Or perhaps I will long for her? Time will tell!

Radostina
Radostina

For me it is love at first smell. But the EDT, didn't like EDP at all.

maryco036
maryco036

I first smelled this perfume in a sample I received around Christmas time 2012. It look me half a year to finally open up the sample and try it on my skin.

I have never been so please by a scent as I have been by this one. Dahlia Noir is everything I look for in a perfume. It is a floral-fruity blend that begins heady with a splash of peach and rose. I find fruit tends to make a fragrance heavy and mind clogging after about a few seconds, but this one wears well.

After if dries down, I feel like I am wrapped in a sheer gossamer mist of amber and woods that is light and only tints the senses rather than cloying them. I catch a whiff every so often and I am in love again.

This scent does not linger impossibly long; however, it does not vanish a few seconds after it is sprayed out of the bottle. It definitely deserves some repeated wear; not so much that it saturates the skin and nothing new is ever smelled again but, because it is scent that can transcend the seasons -the fragrant rose of spring, the juicy peach of summer, the light woods of fall and a sweet amber rounding out the journey with satisfaction and contentment rather than leaving a bitter taste that could easily have been jarring and disappointing. The key here is all the scents compliment rather than contrast. Well done, Givenchy!

This is going to be my signature scent, at least for the 2013 summer and it very well may become the first perfume I run out of and will need to replenish for continual use.

itsallgood
itsallgood

Today is crazy hot and green and kind of humid. I put on a white dress with sparkling dangling earrings and sprayed my arms with this perfume and was suddenly reminded of my mom's mother, a woman who lived in the deep south and spent many a summer in a white slip, powder and perfume. Her hair would be done as well and I'd sit beside her on her vanity bench while she did her nails in red. (She would also eat chocolate covered cherries). This was back in the day when heavy bottles of perfume were used with mesh covered atomizers. I was too young then for nail polish or perfume but she let me wear her body powder. (I was about seven). Anyway, today, in my simple white dress I decided to wear this perfume because of the rosey-powder vibe it has and then I laughed because I know that if she were alive today, my grandmother would be wearing this perfume or walking off with this bottle on her way out the door. Until today, I hadn't realized why I choose this particular scent when it is steaming and hot outside. It's because of her and those Alabama summers with no a/c. Even the bottle is old fashioned. Yeah, life is good.

chillalot
chillalot

I love the edt...I cannot take the edp. Last all day...smells feminine and warm...many compliments. The candle smells amazing too

sensous_5877
sensous_5877

On me smells like ...someone blew the biggest soap bubbles...which all bursted on me...
Cant stand the smell.

Migalex
Migalex

This is very different from the EDP. I mean, they do have things in common, but the scent is quite different. I love the EDP, from any viewpoint, but am not impressed by the EDT. The scent does not please me that much, by far, and it is too weak. The EDT is much fuitier, and it has much less vanilla and less pink pepper, taking a longtime for this last note to be actually noticeable. I would consider the EDt a fruity floral. I do not understand why they made this EDT different from such a nice fragrance, given the fact that the EDP was created and marketed first. Well, taste is a personal thing, that is the reason.

clairdelune
clairdelune

Dahlia Noir? Dahlia NO! I don't understand anything about this fragrance. Girly pink juice in a very blocky masculine bottle. A very light, fluffy concoction with zero 'noir' going on at all. And more than anything, to me, it just doesn't smell good. I put it on in the a.m., went to work and actively disliked it all day! There is a sharpness about it that I found very unappealing. It's one redeeming quality, it did stick all day, but in this case that was not a plus. In sum, 'REALLY Givenchy?'

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

Citrus zest and fruity floral at its best! Seriously, I have no idea why it's named Dahlia Noir, (and I don't care!) You could simply detect the peach in the beginning, then the other notes start to surface, especially rose and pink pepper, impeccably well mixed, making it so subtle and damn seductive! Also, the amber-vanilla blends along with woody notes making this perfume speaks elegance and refinement.

With this fragrance, you could go carefree and playful, or even outrageous yet be ultra-alluring at the same time thanks to the bright citrus, peach-rosy notes along with the carnal blend of amber, vanilla and sandalwood.

Lasting power is good with moderate silage. (Hey, who would want to allure and charm everybody in the room anyway!) Cheers!

# looking forward to having the EDP.

Rux2589
Rux2589

I like the EDT a lot more than I like the EDP.
I like the way the EDT mixes with the smell of my skin, the result somehow reminds me of a tea house that I go to occasionally. It's quite classy, a little sweet, maybe just slightly fresh. Not pinkish, girly, or in any way typical.

Sadly, the EDT does not have a great silage so I haven't decided what to choose. The EDP is more pinkish. I might stick with the EDT eventually, but I still think the EDP is more worth buying.

klcowart
klcowart

I'm on the fence about this one. I first tried it and loved it when snuggling with my fiance - I thought it was so sophisticated and romantic. But trying it today, it doesn't seem as special. I reminds me of clementines, so I think of Christmas, and I love that fruit is the main part of this with a silky rose undertone. It does make you feel lady like, but maybe a little boring? I'm not sure I if I want to purchase this, but if anyone has a bottle of this that they don't want, I might be willing to swap something for one. :) I do like this, but not so sure I love it.

Adrien02
Adrien02

An artful blending of all the listed notes. Like a sweet floral kiss of fragrance. Gently nudges you with a creamy woody floral blend that does the Givenchy name justice without being over-the-top. Cedar is usually overbearing but is only hinted at here giving only a nod as it recedes to the outer edges of this wonderful concoction.

The citrus note I detect reminds me of a less bubbly version of Pomme d'Or by Evody lightly tempered with the pink pepper and musk. The only note that alludes me is the rose.

Light and unobtrusive it is well suited for office use; so light I fear it won't last long. The delight is in having more to reapply. The opening notes are this side of heaven in a bottle.

miserysbutterfly
miserysbutterfly

I was quit excited to try this, but now I'm wondering why. I received a sample and its well.. incredibly boring and not worthy of its name. There is absolutely nothing "noir" about this. It dies down quick, and reminds me of an older Givenchy scent Amarige. There is nothing really original about this scent, but its far from offensive just slightly dated.. somthing you would expect grandma to wear.

hunterblu

Pretty and.....boring. Smells like a hundred other light pink perfumes. I very much enjoyed the EDP and felt it had something a little unique going on with it. Coming off the EDP this is a big disappointment to me and there really is nothing noir about it.

juliah
juliah

I LOVE it! My new signature fragrance! I smell rose combined with a peachy/nectarine aroma on first spray, then it dries down to a powdery sweetness. It has undertones of spicy woodiness that add an element of mystery and depth to the innocent and romantic fragrance...and make it complicated enough to match any mood. It's light, fresh, and cheers me up whenever I wear it! This is the fragrance that I've spent years searching for! :)

Mons
Mons

I received a sample of the EDT and the EDP when I was purchasing a different fragrance. I have been obsessed with this to the point that I went back the following week and purchased the large bottle of the EDT. It is not a scandalously erotic fragrance as the lusty commercial would have you believe, this is a quiet, feminine, polite fragrance that says 'lady' which I like.
With my body chemistry, I get a lot of floral with this and little to no fruit. I do find myself being heavy handed with the EDT, first because it isn't one of those screamer fragrances and second because I really like it. The EDP smells very different from the EDT, it isn't much stronger - but the earthiness is far more perceptible in the EDP.
Some might call it a ho-hum pink floral, but I really like it.

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

I couldn't wait to receive my bottle of Dahlia Noir 30ml in the post & finally it arrived, so excited. It's really a soft, somewhat sweet & a little baby powdery when it settles on the skin. Love the freshness and light floral of this perfume & it's beautiful, the rose stands out at the start. On the dry down the sweetness element along with it's innocence comes through just so easy to wear which is a delight.

Floridaisa
Floridaisa

Wearing this today since I had a large sample. It's nice, lite and airy. Would be a good summer/spring scent if you're looking for something basic and unremarkable. Safe to wear to the office. Sweet and flowery. Sadly, nothing special.

I just didn't take to it, I guess I expected a more complex scent, it does have a bright juicy opening, which I like, but gets weak in the base, too soft for my taste . So it falls a bit short as far as I am concerned. Givenchy is coming out with lots of fragrances, some good, some mediocre.
EDP is more interesting, yet not on my list. Dahlia EDT is soft, feminine, pleasant yet leaves me cold.

Eos
Eos

To my nose this is barely distinguishable from Versace's Bright Crystal which was released in 2006. Dahlia Noir EDT is citrusy, fruity, and indistinctly floral with an Iso E Super base. There's nothing wrong with it, its quite pleasant, just not unique. It certainly won't offend anyone. I guess I might have been more interested in 2006.

What is the point of even pretending that Givenchy is an independent perfume house, when under the management of LVMH, the perfumer is one and the same as that of Christian Dior? Everything seems to be merging in a race to the bottom to a single and solitary layer of mediocrity. DAHLIA NOIR eau de toilette is a prime example.

This is another "pink" fragrance among hundreds, about as trivial as they come. And what a waste of a name! I have not tried the eau de parfum, but I can only hope that this latest launch is indeed a desecration of its namesake. I suspect that it is not.

After a brief abstract fruity-floral opening with no identifiable flowers or fruits and a dilute sugar solution-type sweetness, DAHLIA NOIR steps in line with all of the other scents now in existence--in both the men's and the women's category--which feature a boring base of iso-E-super and ambroxan. I've smelled this so many times that by now I can only say that I'm suffering from serious pseudo woody-amber aromachemical base fatigue. This is not cedar. This is not amber. This is THAT stuff sold in vats evidently for a pittance. This may fool many consumers most of the time, but anyone who has smelled ambergris and cedar can only sigh in confronting this same old solvent over and over again.

Why do I suspect that the dominant and all-too-familiar aromachemical base (iso-E-super + ambroxan) featured in DAHLIA NOIR eau de toilette is produced by a company also owned by LVMH? By the drydown, this is not even an artificial smelling fruity-floral. It's just that base.

Lazaro
Lazaro

This is what i call a answer for a prohibited place.a love poetry from a homlesss flowers.a magnificent bottle with a peace message for a captian...one of the givenchy new better fragrances since ange ou demon and amarige marriage....
A very clean and powdery fragrance with hint of flowers and tears of roses...the special convination of the beautiful vanilla...the kiss of the orange and the rouch of a agresive peachess.....

misschic
misschic

A nice powdery floral. One of the better Givenchy fragrances. Think of it as a love-child of Chance Eau Tendre and Anais Anais :)

Turcker
Turcker

It's a very soft and lovely fragrance. But doesn't last more than 10 minutes. Shame. Won't be buying it.

Red Rose
Red Rose

If you like baby powders then this one is perfect for you. I tried it on paper stripe but not on my skin.

naht
naht

Fixação ridícula. Não vale a pena.

bkblan
bkblan

I really like it and have gotten compliments, but it doesn't last long.

cincobayou
cincobayou

Tried it on today at Ülta; it was OK, kind of fruity but a little different smell from the other stuff I had tested today....the newest EsteeLauder Private Collection and that Dot (by same person who makes Daisy) and Nicole by Nicole Ritchie.
They were all on different places on my arms.
The only one that I kept sniffing on my drive home was the Givenchy Dahlia Noir EDT.
It is fascinating because it dries down to soft woods and no more fruity!
It has a unique, not-everyday smell to it and that is so desirable to me since I do not want to smell like all the other ladies.
It has been 6 hours since i sprayed this on my arm and it is still there and i'm still sniffing!
Yes, I shall buy this. It is $48 for 1 ounce.
It is super to find a fragrance that actually lasts on my skin more than 4 hours.
I'm loving it!

danimcneil
danimcneil

The hiding...I totally agree! For the first 30 min I smelled Christmas trees too! I would def buy a huge bottle of the staying power was better. This is beautiful!

the_hiding_amaranth
the_hiding_amaranth

I just smelled it in a magazine, and WOW. It smells just like a Christmas tree, weird as that sounds. But I definitely smell fresh fir trees for some reason. Kind of weird in a perfume, but I actually kind of love it. It reminds me of my house at Christmastime. I don't know how it would smell if it was actually on me, but it's pretty awesome on paper.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

Guess I'm the only one on here who was blown away by this scent...but not in a good way! First whiff and whoa...smell of disenfectant just about blew my nose off! All I get is pepper and cedar, that's it. Not for me.

The parfum is a bit better..more powdery and less cleaner-like.

liverpool2sex
liverpool2sex

It's not a bad perfume but not anything that makes you go WOW! It is very run of the mill and .....boring! To me it smells like a light flowery baby powder perfume. It certainly doesn't make me feel like I have to have this perfume but would be Ok to wear when you just want to have a hint of fragrance on. I definitely wouldn't class it is fruity at all. Shame I am not impressed with this as I normally like Givenchy perfumes but unfortunately this one isn't on my must have list

trice9081
trice9081

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE! IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND FRESH AND VERY, VERY SEXY. I JUST BROUGHT THIS THE OTHER DAY AFTER I SMELLED IT IN A MAGAZINE AND LOVED IT. I HAVE TO SAY THIS ONE IS DEFINITELY GOING IN MY TOP 5 OF MY GO TO FRAGRANCE.

Perfumefreak
Perfumefreak

I got a tester at the perfumeshop.
I rubbed it on my wrists and neck. And...
OH MY!
I adore this! So tender and soft!!!
I couldn't smell it on me but as i went out to walk my dog, late at night and the weather was a tenderly windy... and as i changed my direction... there it was!
Beautiful and comforting like the softest velvet.
I want this!
I hope i'll get it for my birthday....
That way it would be even more sweeter.

Ps. And I did got it for my birthday! Lovely!

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Dahlia Noir Edt has a bright citrus opening that tones down to a soft spicy musky scent that smells delicious and a little pinch of seduction, after a few hours it turns into a soft sweet woody scent. This stays really close to the skin and is good for everyday wear. So far it doesnt stand out to me as much I was hoping it would if the spicy musk part of the scent stuck around longer I would be in love with it. I got this at the Nordstroms anniversary sale and its great for the price I paid. This is also what I would consider my most mature scent right now, but can be worn by anyone whose in their 20s and up.

dannysmom
dannysmom

If you like scents such as Versace Bright Crystal or Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, you will most likely enjoy this one. As another reviewer stated, it smells grapefruity. It's very light and bright- perfect for sunny days. It wears pretty close to the skin, but the scent has lasted for 6+ hours on me. I do believe it should have been called dahlia le jour instead of dahlia noir, though.

Would I rush out to buy a bottle? No! To my nose it isn't very unique. Would I wear it if I received it as a gift? Yes!

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

Gender Bender Alert!

like it a lot

zhukos
zhukos

I loved! Beautiful, feminine, seductive! Really in the spring will be just right!

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

Smelled this at nordy's , it's very grapefruity floral fresh, and very spring, the edp was spicy, powdery , this is just nice as an everyday wear, might have to get this soon!

hunterblu

Tested this last week. It is very nice although I hardly can see how it is related to last years EDP. The peach very much stands out when first applied and over all it has a sweeter yet almost dusty fragrance. The dry down is very creamy and sweet with vanilla, amber and sandalwood. I do wish that I could smell a bit more of the cedar and I feel that maybe if they would have kept the mimosa or the iris I might have felt like this EDT was actually related to the EDP. Still, a very nice fragrance but I must say I do prefer 2011 Dahlia Noir EDP.

Arisha
Arisha

its unbelievable!!!

jonr951
jonr951

Still have yet to try the original! Such a bummer! I LVOE the pink! : )

Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette by Givenchy 3.83 out of 5 based on 342 ratings and 50 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.