Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Dahlia Noir L’Eau Givenchy for women
dislike

Dahlia Noir L’Eau Givenchy for women Videos
Dahlia Noir L’Eau Givenchy for women Pictures

After Dahlia Noir fragrance from 2011 and Dahlia Noir Eau de Toilette edition from 2012, Givenchy presents a refreshing version Dahlia Noir L'Eau in spring 2013. This perfume line, according to the idea of creative director Riccardo Tisci, embodies a mysterious and unusual woman as well as an imaginary flower that combines dark danger and tenderness, purity and sensuality.

Dahlia Noir L'Eau is more vivid, livelier and more fresh scent than the original, but it is still elegant and sensual. With this composition Francois Demachy wants to show the delicate side of the dangerous flower black dahlia. Top sparkles with cool crystal citruses and neroli, which lead to the floral heart of rose petals. The base is made of patchouli, cedar and musk giving chypre character to the perfume.

The fragrance is available as 50, 95 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette.

Citruses Neroli

Rose

Patchouli Cedar Musk

Aire Sensual
With You

Dahlia Noir L’Eau Fragrance Reviews

Joker888
Joker888

It is a quite nice classy perfume. I not really can recognize the notes of this fragrance. It is a little bit too strong to me. And I prefer the sweeter, more modern fragrances. But it is also a lovely scent.
After a few hours it's become a much better scent.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Dahlia Noir L'Eau does not jive with my skin. It's not "sparkling" - it's sharp. It's not "delicate" - it's imbalanced. It's not "vivid" - it's blinding. The sheer-zippy-citrus style is not my favorite, but I thought this one might be worth a shot.

The cedar in this composition is potent, and its sharpness is enhanced by an abundant amount of citrus zest and a "clean" version of musk. The neroli, which could have offered the composition some sweetness and floral smoothness seems to have been scoured clean and lifeless. There is a half-assed retro rose thing going on here, but it is so overpowered by the mess of notes around it that it doesn't save the fragrance. There is no "break" in this composition either - it doesn't settle into something more powdery, or sweet, or soft. It quiets a bit but stays ultimately sour-green which gives off a feeling of tension for me. This is a "neurotic" and "nervous" scent; not uplifting or calm at all.

Despite all of the overt sharpness, Dahlia Noir L'eau is surprisingly void of personality. I have already smelled this type of scent a million times over, but this one is the worst of the worst. Dahlia Noir L'Eau has no redeeming qualities (on my skin) and I will be avoiding it in the future.

Update: I still hate this fragrance.

dzingunyte
dzingunyte

amazing scent. love it! so refreshing and gives me energy!! TOP quality!! extraordinary from Givenchy :)

It reminds me of Edp version. The thing they have in common is that I don't like neither of them. But the Edt version was great. I wish this one was more like that.
There' citrusy and woody notes in it. It's also very dry- no sweetness at all.
This one is not my cup of tea, I stick to the Edt version.

Majesty
Majesty

I used to dislike Dahlia Noir L'Eau ,only the idea of a perfume with a thousand versions makes it enough for me to dislike it..I found accidentally a forgotten miniature so I thought of trying it again.Now I start to appreciate it although it's not my style.I like the bitter citrus opening without any hint of cloying sweetness,more I like the bitter cedar drydown which I find incredibly refreshing and revitalizing. I have also started to appreciate cedar a bit more, I have always thought that it's more of a ''masculine'' note. Till now..I'll start my research on that wonderful note. Dahlia Noir L'Eau is quite unique and very nice for warm months,the lasting power is good for a citrus perfume, absolutely convinced it's the cedar base that holds the molecules. Androgynous cedar.

lalondem
lalondem

A synthetic note in this that I also smell in Versace "Yellow Diamond" Something to do with the citrus in both of them?? Not my favorite note for sure...having said that I still find this really good, just not a "wow". Overall still really good especially after when it lingers on my clothes and go mmmm, what's that?

*************************************************************************************

chinna
chinna

Very green and fresh. At a certain point this seems for man. But it is very comforting fragrance

Vivette
Vivette

Absolutely lovely and all but after an hour I can't smell it anymore. Wish it came as edp...

scythe
scythe

Dahlia noir l'eau starts very fresh and subtly sweet and citric. It smells to me like a version of dahlia noir edt that was made specifically for the Japanese market. The powdery notes present in the edt are downplayed here and there is an herbal freshness somewhat reminiscent of Timotei shampoo. A subtle chypre shimmer in the dry down lends quite a sexy edge. I bet this would smell great in humid conditions.

My fiancée bought me the original pink cap edt for Christmas last year and I knew it was coming because he kept smelling it in stores and saying how lovely it was. He said " it is so you! it smells like your skin!" There is definitely a "I have clean powdered sexy skin" as opposed to "I am wearing perfume" quality to all of these dahlia noir editions that makes them easy on the nose and rather sexy in a restrained way. Although I love my edt and it is my daytime signature I may have to get this as well due to its compelling subdued loveliness and its slightly darker citric essence.

Off topic but I just had to say- Mariacarla is so beautiful!

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Lovely, but sooooo faint! In an hour you can barely smell anything. It's a shame, because otherwise it's a very nice, clean, classy scent.

nawele5
nawele5

if i would express this perfume in some words i would just say : cool and cleansing wind but still tender and elegant fragrance

sameh
sameh

Well , at first i was hesitated to try Dahlia Noir L’Eau Givenchy as i know it's for women , but actually when i tried it , i didn't find that feminine side , may be because of the patchouli , cedar , citruses so any way it's a good fragrance for both in my humble point of view.
Scent : 6/10.
Longevity : 5 hours.
Sillage : 4 hours.
Bottle design : 7/10.

Juliana6
Juliana6

This is very different from the regular Dahlia Noir - green (without grass and cucumber notes), aromatic, bitter, fresh, citrus scent, almost masculine, reminds me a mild Cologne. I guess it would be wonderful on a man too. A green,unisex chypre.
There's a drop of rose scent in the drydown. The patchouli is present but in tiny amounts too.
For me it's some kind of freedom, strong summer wind coming from the open sea, white sails raised against the sky.
The cedar and citruses give a certain relief to my senses when I'm a bit tired of the sweet part of my perfume collection.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

The minute I smelled Dahlia Noir L'Eau I knew it was special. I immediately pictured a beautiful summer bride, with a beautiful white wedding dress and wearing this scent. It just exploded my senses. So much that I bought a bottle for myself. Being male I don't know if I can get away with wearing it, but I will certainly give it a try.

corinnesmith1
corinnesmith1

It's like a fresh meadow with lillies of the valley and bluebells. Fresh, green and pleasantly floral. Very soothing and lovely.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Starts out very green and becomes more similar to the pink EDT as it dries down: a pleasant, nondescript soft floral. This would be good for people who like very subtle "inoffensive" scents that stay close to the skin.

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

This is completely the opposite type of perfume that I think I'd ever wear.
That said- I feel guilty for even loving it.
It has a very classy (and bit "old lady") feel to it, but for me it's okay and even comforting to wear.
This perfume is very fresh and green.
Live a litte; Give it a try!

arzacu
arzacu

Very green, sharp and citrusy in the top notes.

The drydown is very floral, I get the rose on it, kind of a mature smell. I like it, but it's nothing out of common, I prefer the original Dahlia Noir, it has more personality and it's much dramatic than this one, but this is still been good.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

I have it. The tester one. Very nice. Suitable for men too. It should be unisex. Sexier on men imho.

First I liked this fragrance. It seemed to me elegant refreshing citrusy fragrance.

But then I realized that it reminds me a lot A Mi Aire by Loewe. I don't like perfumes that remind another perfumes. Also it reminds me Gris Montaigne by Dior that also reminds me A Mi Aire by Loewe. All of them have similar bergamot freshness.

Even if I like this fragrance more because it has not as chemical dry-down as A Mi Aire by Loewe and smells less masculine than Gris Montaigne by Dior, I still can't forget this fact.

Without this fact, I would like it, because it smells strict in a good way as a refreshing fragrance.

Good job, but I miss the originality.

lisa o
lisa o

I may be anosmic to parts of the original version of "dahlia noir" EDP (hence don't know what it smells like exactly or is the EDP really THAT weak?), but I find the l'eau far more compelling.
I didn't expect much, am not a givenchy-fan, found the name totally unrelated to the edp AND it is a flanker of a weak fragrance..
but I was surprised. while the edp for me is sweet and feels like any other anonymous drugstore perfume out there, this one has a good shape, almost puristic, and it is distinctive. the rose is dewy, the patchouli and neroli are well balanced.
I must admit, I can imagine myself wearing it. ok, it IS a little cheap (especially in the drydown, there's not much going on), it IS a little bit like a deodorant-smell and the name is still unrelated (nothing noir to find) but this time I find it cool, that it is a flanker: the bottle is nice and stayed the same:-)

Dahlia Noir L'Eau EDT

Is a Green Powdery Magician!!!!
It Opens with Strong Fresh Natural
Simple Green Leaves Of some kind of a Citrus Tree!It's Bitter&Greenish and light!
you think this is Going to stay that way.....
Till Suddenly Out of Nowhere ....
"Chanel Coco Mademoiselle " Appears Like a ghost!
The Neroli In this Fragrance Plays such an Interesting
Secret Transformation Game on my Skin!
I'm Speechlessly Shocked by this!

Giv1952

Got it yesterday. It's very fresh (not sharp), sutble. I can sense a large dose of jasmine, tuberose. they're blended beautifully with rose and neroli. The Dahlia Noir signature is still remain but this one is totally different from the original EDP and EDT. Sometime, i feel that if you take out the vanilla in Fahrenheit 32, put some rose, you have Dahlia Noir L'eau. This one had better listed at Unisex :)

Is it simillar to Dhalia Noir Eau de Toilete? Thanks

ragutka
ragutka

Perfect summer scent a little bit chypree green.
A perfect pair : L'eau version as a daily scent a Eau de Parfum - evening scent :)

miaou
miaou

why dahlia noir? the name of the perfume is so dark and gloomy, while the fragrance itself reminds me of cool summer evening somewhere in Italy, with lemon trees, blooming gardens, sea breeze and clean linen in hotel. I think this scent is even a little sad, and suitable for young women, it is not oversweet, very fresh, but yet very feminine. After 20 mins it smells a little soapy on my skin, reminds me of laundry and clean bed sheets. Nevertheless i wouldn't buy this - this smell is too modest for me, but it smells chic and expensive, would be a great non-offensive office or travel perfume.

Blutengel
Blutengel

Very unisex, reminds me of Davidoff Champion Energy. For warmer days, nice and simple smell, very fresh.

prettyswag
prettyswag

i love this ...very fresh, very nice to have for summer..still elegant modern..a vacation cruise scent for hot days.

malinkin
malinkin

At first, I didn't really understand this fragrance, but after 3 or 4 times I fell in love with this perfume.
I was looking for a summer perfume which could be not too citrucy, not too sweet, not airy, but still fresh and noticeable.
Dahlia Noir L'eau fits this description ideally. I adore this fragrance!

misslovely
misslovely

I find it quite nice. It's definitely green, fresh and clean. I can see the similarity between L'Eau de Chloe and this one ,but in my opinion I get more patchouli in Chloe. Very subtle and sits close to your skin, great for hot summer days.

milkyway
milkyway

On me it's just soapy bitter sweet musc- shampooey and sharp...may just be my chemistry but not a fan of it at all. I do imagine however that it might smell very nice on somebody with the right body chemistry (and a lot of love for musks;))..Not necessarily a summer smell- some musks tend to be more universal and work in cold weather too, this is one of them.

rdharmapuri
rdharmapuri

This is super fresh and very green in the beginning and I don't get any of the rose notes. None of citrus either. On me, very quickly it reveals the base notes - and this is the suprise - sandal all the way. I know it isn't listed but that's all I get. The base smells very much like Pure by DKNY (am I the only one?). Nothing I don't like, in all :)

olitunia
olitunia

This version is definetely more fresh, but I would never say it is a refreshing citrus.

The fragrance stays pretty much floral. It just has this pinch of green/fruity notes, very subtle but noticeable, and this makes it so special. I can smell a whole lot of rose and nerol. The citrus is a bit confusing, I smell the fruity side to the fragrance, but it is not obvious.

All in all this is a beautiful fragrance. A Dahlia Noir for a young woman; it is elegant, very feminine but also modern. I absolutely adore this perfume!

millie1980
millie1980

A light citrus with a sexy, powdery twist :-)

I tried it yesterday, it is a nice fresh scent, but it turns really fast like Dahlia EDT, so it isn't much of a change if you already own EDT, and longevity is too weak for me to consider ever buying it.
Nonetheless it isn't too citrusy, mostly a light fresh floral , a skin scent mostly.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

This one starts very fresh and citrus-like and in the begining reminds of chloe l'eau, but after an hour it hasn't anything in commom with chloe any more. It just turns into something sweet. Unfortunately, because I expected that it will remain spring-fresh fragrance.
Apart from the scent itself, this is amazing for it's longivety. I sprayed it just 2 times onmy wrist inthe evening of one day, came home, had sower, 8 hour sleep, came to work the next day and the whole day still could smell around me.Wow, it still had the aura.

Fresh&wild
Fresh&wild

Wouldn't ever think that citrus could be "Dangerous" until i tried Dahlia Noir L'Eau!! It is dangerously fresh, dangerously addictive♥♥
Citrus here is note what you usually get with clean notes like linen, neither sweet as you get with some fruity notes, it's a citrus with depth, elegance and sophistication, yes, it has a new personality..
I would call it "Dahlia in Sunlight" or "Dahlia Amour" it's the same Dangerous Dahlia everyone is affraid off, but now she found Love; a new feeling to her she is exploring, started to dream and go out in sunlight....but still has little darkness inside her heart that would show at anytime.......

In few words, it is an Amazing perfume, i wouldn't expect to love it that much!!if you are not a citrus lover or don't like green liquid color in perfume like i was, you can give this one a try and guarantee you will change your mind as i did ★

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

I am not a fan of the original version, so I didn't expect to like this flanker. But I really do. I love its simplicity: a fresh citrusy and powdery rose, long-lasting and perfect for spring.
But why Dahlia Noir? How can such a scent be named Dahlia Noir? Dahlia conveys the idea of an enigmatic sexy woman. But Dahlia Noir l'Eau is only a beautiful fragrance for citrus lovers...

Fmcandy
Fmcandy

It s a good one, similar to Chloe l eau. I like it but at the end it s not a very exclusive scent.

LIN
LIN

I don't usualy fond of summer 'transparant' scents, but as i first smelled this one things went different! I just love it! It's very fresh and clean, i certainly feel all the citruses notes but it's not one of these 'light' perfumes that leaves your skin an hour after you spray it, it's quite long lasting and leaves a great sillage! Good work!

mnmlizm
mnmlizm

"the bottle reminds me to Platinum Egoiste by Chanel" - bvrchi

it reminds of that, and Marc Jacobs Men by Marc Jacobs... great eye. i guess there can only be so much creativity to a bottle... Tisci not being obscure for once?!