Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Dance with Givenchy Givenchy for women
dislike

yellow floral
Dance with Givenchy Givenchy for women Pictures

Dance with Givenchy was inspired and designed on the base of Prisme, signature make-up collection by Givenchy and introduced in the beginning of 2010. 4G logo can be found in the front part of the flacon, printed in black, while its black outer carton features a metallic pink print.

Composition of Dance with Givenchy dances with accords of jasmine, ylang ylang, apple, mandarin, orange blossom, wood and musk. The fragrance is advertised by Kelsey Van Mook.

African Orange flower Mandarin Orange Red Apple

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang

Musk Vanille Woodsy Notes

Dance with Givenchy Fragrance Reviews

YogaRose
YogaRose

How I wish this were stronger, mainstream, and in production still.
I only have the mini, but it is beautiful.
I pick up woods, white flowers, and a sparkly apple.
Great for the day.

PS Does anyone know any other that is very similar to this besides Ma Dame? Thank you

harpist
harpist

Dance with Givenchy is a mature floral musk with interesting depth- not exactly what I was expecting from a pink juice but it has grown on me.

The initial spray has a slight apple undertone that is soon overtaken by the citrus florals. Ylang-ylang is particularly prominent in this stage, and with the right chemistry it adds a clean touch to the jasmine. The sandalwood steps in arm-in-arm with the musk while the vanilla lingers for the closing show. There is something refreshingly unique and clean in a non-soapy way which I am coming to appreciate. I wouldn't call this a safe blind buy unless you enjoy the clean type of perfumes.
This has a moderate to soft silage and lasts about 2-3 hours. Anything after that is a skin scent of vanilla.

Dance is an old soul with a loving passion for its art form living in the modern times. She has experienced the desire for glory, corruption of competition, jealousy for success, beauty of expression, despair from failure, hopelessness of heart break, gratefulness from compassion, sweat of hard work, tears from loneliness, and joy from standing ovation- and from everything she has pulled through it all. Now she is teacher for all those aspiring, a talent to be admired but it is not without a sense of duty and responsibility to live well and do well. These are the impressions when I spray this because the fragrance smells quite mature but in a refined way.

I think if you're looking for a game changer of fruity florals, give this a try. If you like Guerlain's Flora Nymphea, this might be something you enjoy since it has a similar clean and fresh vibe. Otherwise, I love to layer this with The Body Shop's Cranberry Joy Body Butter to give it an extra kick of berries. :)

8-nadia
8-nadia

I'd call this dance the QUICKSTEP,lol!It doesn't last at all,a blind buy gone wrong!Message to self,TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!

Plumiegirl
Plumiegirl

I picked this up at the perfumerie at Disneyland and really love it. It is a fresh jasmin orange blossom sweet frag. I could smell it all day on me, the projection was easily 1 ft out. Nice and soft.

bfrosty
bfrosty

A beautiful softer scent that smells clean but not soapy. The apple and orange blend pretty harmoniously in this one and rest really well on the other notes. While not a showstopper to my nose, it's still sophisticated and lovely enough to stand out from the others in it's genre. Had Givenchy used something other than vanilla in the mix I'd probably be picking up a full size of this. Still absolutely worth the trial size I picked up though.

CarolineP
CarolineP

My absolute favourite scent EVER!!! Tobad it is no longer in the stores :(

annettepe
annettepe

i absolutely love this as my night time scent. its so clean, graceful, unique and complex. its very sexy and kind of reminds me a bit of tabacco as weird as that sounds. guys seem to really like this fragrance. it kind of reminds me of a male perfume but formulated a lot softer to make it more feminine. its clean but not soapy. very hard to describe and smells very different to me from the original description except for the wood and soft white florals.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Normally I love the house Givenchy for theirs significant, strong and heavy long lasting fragrances. This smells very lovely on the paper but on the skin we need a new perfume category for this - floral nondescript.

saguna
saguna

It's strange, because I don't understand what's special in this fragrance. It's very common and like not Givenchy. I can't feel anything after 2 hours and I more prefer Un Air D'Escapade.

ver jaina
ver jaina

Ahhh this smell so nice! so soft & smooth...i have never encountered this type of scent in my perfume collection...it's just classy, sorry i could not express it any better lol.
definitely the best blind buy to date!

Edit: after wearing it for more than 4 hours while shopping...this frag is such an instant boost for fatigue! yes the dry down somewhat gets a little soapy smell on my skin (ala Lancome Miracle smell..only less cloying/sweet) hence why the fresh out-of-shower experience. i've been looking for a fresh all day type of perfume and definitely this is one good example.

berfun.gedikoğlu

really sooo fresh ıt is useful for summer

angelica_hellyna
angelica_hellyna

I got this as a wedding gift! It was the first time for me that someone closed bought a pink bottle perfume. I thought it was bit too teenager-ish but I was wrong.

The bottle is nice. The X cut line in the middle of the front bottle really makes it look bit more unique than just another square perfume.

The smell is so fresh like a newly cut flower that have been dipped in ice water. Just so nice! It might be one of those floral perfume, but it is light and I appreciate it. Doesn't make me headache, so it is good.

Overall, it makes me excited to start my day every time I spritz it. :)

Jan246
Jan246

this is gorgeous, fresh and summery. love it.

nini18
nini18

Love Love... Very sophisticated and refined!

marilynne
marilynne

I have to wait for too long to love how it feels on my skin. I wish I could love this new Givenchy but I guess I'll stick to my old ones. especially RWD.

Norgirl
Norgirl

this is so so nice , clean, fresh and absolutly georges. Like freshly picked flowers . like sweetpea flowers in the summer.I know it is not listed , but this one reminds me so much off sweetpea. I guess it is the apple that makes this a tiny bit sweet, and the ylang ylang, and a wiff off vanilla .
the jasmin and whit flowers is not very prominnt one it own , Dont get me wrong , This i whit floral , But much more then that also. maybe more floral fruity then just floral . IMO.
this was a blind swapp gone realy well one my side.
cant waith until spring, this is a perfect spring scent. joyful and happy

haydar.gedikoglu
haydar.gedikoglu

its perfect perfect an perfect perfume.Ilove love love it very much.its so pretty and fresh it makes me happy and ı feel the energy on my skin.firstl it smells frutty on my skin then it started to vanill. it sooooo cute

berfun.gedikoğlu

very very nice for summer ı love it.

antonpan
antonpan

Hmm... Despite the colour of the bottle this one is not "berry" or fruity, but floral, or even typical white-floral without soul...

Dash
Dash

What a disappointment! This smells terrible on my skin.It doesn't last at all n I can hardly detect the notes shown here. The dry down just smells stale and a bit like dead flowers.
I'm surprised that most ppl here r sayin it's nice. Therefore, this has got to be the worst case of bad fragrance to skin chemistry EVER!( Eugh!)

Miss Picky
Miss Picky

Call me c-c-c-crazy, but this reminded me of SL Datura Noir (but you know... not as good). It has that heady, rich, tropical feel to it.

The drydown simultaneously intensified in sweetness, and turned sour; quite the feat really, and disappointing after the rather nice opening.

Still, it's girly without smelling of raspberry jam or lychee cocktail, which sets it apart from many others of its ilk. Give it a try.

I found this close to Prisme and quite boring shiny floral again.

nikornplay
nikornplay

nice thin breeze of spring
fragile and so floating in the air.

not shout out but whisper in silence.

you can mix or double layer on the other scent.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

I smell jasmine and a fresh Ylang Ylang...femenine,watery..is a perfume that doesn´t surprise me..many of this style.

My 2nd review:

I like the combo of Jasmine + Ylang-Ylang in this perfume, which smells quite green natural and fresh.

The opening is a burst of orange blossom, a hint of bitterness, combined with very light fruity notes.

Overall, not a sweet version of Floral scent.
It's a green floral scent, elegant and mature, a good summer choice.

juanma
juanma

Interesante fragancia, aunque en mi opinion Givenchy actualmente este lanzando productos algo distintos y orienteados a un publico mas juvenil e informal a partir de la serie Play tanto para hombre como para mujer. Primaveral. floral y frutal. No huele mal pero no creo que sea lo mejor de Givenchy. No tiene un buen efecto memoria y las notas las encuentro separadas y no terminan de ensamblarse. Igualmente es bastante agradable y femenina.

diana_d
diana_d

I have been meaning to try this for a while and finally I did, and there's a bit of disappointment...at first it smelled pretty, floral-fruity and then it was like the flowers started wilting...and continued so until it dried out. So the good part of this is gone in about an hour, then it's just boring, reminds me of Guilty by Gucci, but that's even worse(the good part lasts 10-15 min)

jatzzie

My dad got this as a souvenir for my mom last month from one of his work trips. First of all let me just say the bottle is beautiful! It's simple and eould look great on a vanity table. The fragrance isn't anything superspecial, but it's still a nice safe scent perfect gift material.:)

tsofa
tsofa

Whatever Givenchy does lately, I just love it! (Except Eaudemoiselle…)

And I love this fun cheerful fragrance. With the first apply on my wrist I get this wonderful strong smell of African Orange flower and Orange Mandarin. Very mouth watering! Jasmine is prominent, ylang-ylang and red apple give their touch and the drydown (woodsy notes & musk) reveals the overall beauty that “Dance with Givenchy” has inside.

It makes me feel at ease, comforting, vivid and honestly, I have a heavy hand with this one as its one of my new perfume babies!

I like that the bottle is squared and somehow “small” as I can carry it easily in my bag and refresh myself with it every time I want to.

Longevity? On average, up to two hours on my skin…

I love orange blossom scents and between this perfume and “Soleil” by Rochas, I most certainly prefer “Dance with Givenchy”. Somehow, it makes me feel alive!

I just Love your fragrances Mr. Givenchy!!!

Juliette has a gun
Juliette has a gun

This is EXTREMELY similar to Gaultier's
"Ma Dame" - which is bubble-gummy yummy - young and exhilarating - I'd call "Dance with me" a blatant copy, neverthelss it's nice and I do recommend it as an alternative to "Ma Dame".

vertigo
vertigo

Now that's what I call a scent with a wink!
A lovely fragrance.
I find it unique, modern, urban & artificial.
Quite sweet and pinky floral.
Cheerful, spontaneous, cheeky, fun, flirty & at the same time smelling expensive and sophisticated.

A grown-up girl in a black business suit making baloons of pink bubblegum.

I like it! It's much better than Eaudemoiselle, in my humble opinion.

guest_ladys
guest_ladys

just got dwg last nyt the aroma very nice very good gift for my birthday from my sweet heart try this one out very unique

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A beautiful fragrance!

The scent is pink, floral, light wood with a scent of elegant red apple. The scent is not a bouquet of flowers, nor is it a basket of apples.

This is a mild but irresistible scent. As a gift, it will be loved! I got one for a friend, she loves it!

LydiaLiu

I tried it at my friend's two days ago, memorable!

Dance by Givenchy is an elegant, deep and classic scent. Wearing it, you're pervaded by its gorgeous aroma and you're just as graceful as a walts dancer.

Most of Givenchy fragrances are in my line and this one is the best ever.

bean
bean

just got this perfume as a gift and love it never have i had a fragrance that smells so nice .Makes me feel like a rich bitch lol

jatzzie

I got the chance to sniff Dance with Givenchy today and like LenaBel I was also pleasantly, very pleasantly surprised.:) I was expecting the usual massmarket simple, fresh, harmless flowerpower stuff. Instead I got this very nice pleasant, light, mood lifting, flowery scent.:) DwG is pretty universal, it's nonoffensive but not boring by any means.:) Great for nice spring days, very nice!

guest_r0sy
guest_r0sy

i just loved it ...it is the most wonderful perfume i have ever get!!sexy and light like a summer preeze

LenaBel
LenaBel

This fragrance suprised me. From the bottle and the whole concept of it, I expected a simple and fresh floral fruity. But it is not! I found Dance with Givenchy to be a very sophisticated floral scent with even a classic twist to it. It smells expensive and quite original to me. I prefer it to Eaudemoiselle which I sampled at the same time. Pleasant perfume for spring and summer, if you don't like floral fruitys you might want to check this one out.

magda14012
magda14012

I just got a bottle from my darling!
It is light, fruity and graceful. Suitable for spring and summer. Reminds me of alluring Audrey Hepburn

Dance with Givenchy by Givenchy 3.61 out of 5 based on 174 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Dance with Givenchy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Dance with Givenchy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dance with Givenchy by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dance with Givenchy by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.