Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau Torride Givenchy for women

Eau Torride Givenchy for women
dislike

Eau Torride Givenchy for women Pictures Eau Torride Givenchy for women Pictures Eau Torride Givenchy for women Pictures

Eau Torride by Givenchy is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women. Eau Torride was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel. Top notes are mandarin orange, peach, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are black elder, bamboo and jasmine; base notes are sandalwood and jasmine.

Mandarin Orange Peach Bergamot Lemon

Black Elder Bamboo Jasmine

Sandalwood Jasmine

Eau Torride Fragrance Reviews

Cassiano
Cassiano

Launched in 2002, remains unknown by many, especially in Brazil. It is a women's fragrance, but perfectly sharable, which comes to be considered more masculine than feminine, for anyone who has ever tried.

It contains notes of lemon, bergamot, Mandarin orange and peach accord in the output. In the heart, jasmine Sambac and elderberries (sambucus nigra); at the base, sandalwood and bamboo. When touches the skin, seems that something has gone wrong. The first time I experienced, I thought something in it had oxidized. The output is bitter and sour, really strange.

Obviously, it makes me understand why it is so little known, since the sales power of a fragrance is directly connected to its output notes, because they are the ones who earn the bulk of consumers worldwide, who base their choices just in tests with olfactory tapes. And if the output does not please, of course, the product gets stranded on the shelves and in stocks.

But, as a fan of the Givenchy House and its perfumes, instead of running to wash my skin, I decided to wait and see the developments. And it was a great decision!
The fragrance is really a "steaming water", which heats the nostrils, the senses and stays for hours on the skin without fading. Is citric and floral, with a lovely evolution that culminates in a base of natural aspect, typical of fragrances that have bamboo notes. A treat for warmer days that, I'm sorry the joke, bathes lots of niche perfumes out there.

The bottle is also interesting because it looks like falling water in a natural way, without that aerated aspect from taps.

Sweelty
Sweelty

I adore this perfume! I feel so bad why they discontinued it?? If anybody wants to get rid of this one I d be glad to work it out!!! :)

polly golightly
polly golightly

mmmmmm che buona quest'acqua torrida e aromatica!

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

This really reminds me of Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea. What I thought was a Tea note was actually a bamboo note. In other words there is a kind of bitterness among the freshness that makes this an ideal unisex scent.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

When I first bought it, I liked it! But, a few days later it began to make me really ill. Headaches and nausea, the works. I gave it to my friend's mom.

passionata20
passionata20

04. october 2012

I agree that this fragrance can be worn by men as well, though it is still more on th feminine side of unisex fragrances than "CK one" or Bulgari´s "White tea" for example, which are more on a masculine side of unisex.
Personally i don´t like this kind of scent, it is too bland and shallow for me. Bitter bamboo with sharp citrus note is a combination that turns me off. I tried many times during the summer to like it and i couldn´t, it didn´t work for me during springtime as well. The concept of the bottle is a fire that melts the ice (take a look at the bottle´s lid) but i don´t feel any fire while wearing this fragrance, it is really more icy and doesn´t get warmer. Peach note is synthetic and doesn´t adds any warmth here at all.
Dissapointment from Givenchy this time. Poor lasting power and sillage left to be desired for more. Had to get rid of it.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every review should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

madisonavenue
madisonavenue

don't know whether to like it or hate it. but i can tell you one thing; one day i was wearing eau torride, plenty of bugs started to fly around my neck. Probably they liked it more than I do :)

jade pavilion
jade pavilion

If not mistaken this would be very spicy and a bit choking for me,it's a gift from my friend as she say she dont't like the smell,i tried wear it to workplace and end up stuck in my table whole day,because my collegue says it was an awful smell and some of them laugh at me,no second time.Tried to use as a home deodorant but just can't stand the smell.6 years pass and it still at my dresser shelf untouch.Keeping it as a memorial for my beloved friend no more than that.

babydoll77
babydoll77

This was a blind buy that ended up being very disappointing :(...After reading all the reviews on here, I thought that it would be a unique fragrance that I just had to try before it was virtually impossible to find it (seeing as it's discontinued), and now I wish I hadn't bothered!!!! I can't begin to comprehend why Givenchy would ever create something so phew-ish??? On my skin it smells like ferns, celery and a tad bit of black pepper mixed with vanilla. It's a really green creamy kind of scent on my skin and it's quite off putting! There is nothing sharp, crisp, fresh or inviting about this scent at all! I don't know if this has sth to do with the weather, seeing as it's -3C today...I don't know. I'll try this again in summer and if sth changes, I'll post an update, but I'm not holding my breath and neither should you! :/

Morgane08
Morgane08

I usually love citrus fragrances, but this one smells so spicy! I'm surprised there's no hot pepper in it! I don't find it fresh at all.
The bottle is nice though.

tekitoka
tekitoka

a cup of hot green tea with dried apricots and ice

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

This mixed The One and Cool Water. Very elegant and very long lasting.Only for women!

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

Citrus Aromatic - it is! Sharp, bitter, zesty citrus starts it off with a pungent, grassy, leafy green within, such an invigorating blast of a start. The jasmine and elder are a gentle background floral hint which moves forward as the zest softens. It think this is a lovely summer scent, a drink of white rum and bitter lemon in a freshly mown garden with jasmine and elder growing nearby.

I can understand why people might struggle with this on first meeting it but I think it is lovely.

Siv55
Siv55

Quite similar to Carolina Herreras Chic, only perhaps a little lighter and more sophisticated. More citrusy upfront. then becomes very good fresh warm skin after day at the beach type scent. I liked this a lot. Yet another piece of genius discontinued. I think I'm getting the picture.. anything I like gets taken away from me.. Up yours Universe!! >:(
Sorry. Got a bit upset there :(

Norgirl
Norgirl

this is a unisex perfyme to me . i smell dirty when i tryed this on :( gave it away . got sick of it

The review below is actually mine! I had it almost done and had to leave the computer, and a full diagnostic took place and when I retyped all that was lost and clicked 'send' to post it; I realised it was under the "guest" name and I had forgotten to sign in...DOH!Then it would not let me delete it and repost it under my own name!!

Hope you all liked it though...

Women's?! I saw on another (not quite so wonderful) database of perfumes that this was, supposedly, unisex. Not that gender assignments (in anything) have ever meant that much to me, but I find this to be quite different and very unusual. I will continue to wear it; because it is a very nice scent, no matter to whom it is marketed...

I immediately get a fresh fruitiness on the first spray. Sweet, and citrusy with a slight booziness that is not "too much". The peach is soft and juicy and adds a nice smooth, sweet touch to the normally zesty ciruses. The opening is delightful and always makes me smile! As the fruitiness subsides, the elderfower note really blooms large. My grandpa and his brother used to make elderflower blossom wine and this makes me think of that smell: slightly sour, sweet and flowery. We have a black lace bush (in the elderberry family) in our garden, but the flowers in this are nothing like those blossoms-they are musky (read cat-pee, here) and nowhere near as heavenly as this scent. I do not know if these are blossoms from the elder tree or actual elderberry bushes, but they smell awesome! It is very chewy and thick, but not overtly heavy. It's intruiging, to say the least. The bamboo adds a lushness to it and the jasmine is very sexy, and sweet. The finish on this is still jasmine-rich, but the addition of a light sandal makes it somewhat drier and cleans it up a bit. Women's or not, this is great and I will continue to wear it proudly! If it smells good, then I wear it, and this is worth having for its originality alone...

Sillage: good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4.25/5

The more I sniff around the scents of Givenchy, the more I love this house. Anything that is different from the norm gets my attention, and this truly does(and did). It is actually quite hard (even for me) to descibe how truly unique this scent is. Fruity, fresh; lush and flowery, and so very unique with a creamy floral woody dry down. Beyond the norm and quite the distinct scent, Eau Torride (steamy water?) is just wonderful...

dina
dina

I tested it sometime ago and it reminded my very much of Burberry Week end but in more subtle way...

airwatersun
airwatersun

starts very nasty, i dont know how black elder smells, i guess this is it, later it turns down volume just that you know its still there, but blends very lovely with other guys in this mixture, i even think without it, this fragrance wouldnt be even worth talking about.
so, give it 10 min. and then! enjoy its fruity freshness. its the first time i think that i can actually smell ALL of the notes, i think peach and bamboo stand out just enough to compete with citruses, which are always tough to overpower, but here, its a tie. jasmine and wood guard the back of this tactical formation. i usually dont like fruity but this 1 doesnt smell like food or shampoo, its well balanced with flower/wood, fresh, recognizable and lasting. it doesnt scream which is always good for me ;)

selinum28
selinum28

This is fabulous! It could have been made by Hermès. It is extremely elegant and deep. I do smell the citrus, but they are not as noticeable as in Hermès perfumes. They add a nice touch, but Eau Torride is mainly green and earthy, and eventually very dry too. It smells a bit like a dried vegetable soup with lots of character. Not spicy as the best known Givenchy scents.

I just can't stand the black elder note. Unfortunately, it is very noticeable for me in this fragrance. Also this fragrance reminds me a dried apricots scent. I would definitely like it more without black elder, I don't like it only because of it.

HOPE007
HOPE007

This is more unisex in my opinion. Very nice & I agree a safe scent.

ruxxy
ruxxy

slightly similar to "cool water" because of its rotten leaves note. not my cup of tea

suelle
suelle

I fell in love with this one few years ago, and finaly bought it. Recently it is my favourite everyday frag. I know it is not the best fragrance ever, but I like it a lot. It gives me the feeling of freshness, it makes me feel comfy. Perfect for work.
I know it lasts very long, but it blends with my skin so perfectly, that after few hours I don't know if this is eau Torride or me.

chloez
chloez

Received it as a gift from a suitor wayback... something nice and safe scent...

Eau Torride by Givenchy 3.25 out of 5 based on 153 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Eau Torride fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Eau Torride, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Torride by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Torride by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.