Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Eau de Givenchy Givenchy for women
dislike

yellow floral
Eau de Givenchy Givenchy for women Pictures

Eau de Givenchy is the fragrance presented in 1980, in association with perfumer Daniel Moliere. It opens with the sparkling notes of grapefruit, accompanied by sweet and fresh notes of mandarin orange and bergamot, mint and red fruit. The middle notes add luscious and intensive scent of ylang-ylang, honeysuckle, pure jasmine, narcissus, tuberose, lily-of-the-valley, rose, cyclamen and orris root. Base notes introduce warm sandalwood, musk, cedar and oakmoss. The bottle is simple, elegant with a dark cap, in Hubert Givenchy’s favorite shade of dark blue, designed by Ateliers Dinand. Eau de Givenchy was created by Daniel Moliere and Daniel Hoffmann.

Mint Fruity Notes Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Bergamot

Cyclamen Honeysuckle Tuberose Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Narcissus

Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Cedar

Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy

Eau de Givenchy Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Eau de Givenchy is a nice, pleasant, relaxed chypre which brilliantly manages to combine a fresh, minty, summery breeze, almost "iodine" in a way, with a denser, darker and stickier base line of notes more typically found in classic chypres – the usual musky/animalic mossy base, not particularly earthy or heavy here, but still carrying that kind of slightly skanky-sweaty smell. In the middle, a bouquet of flowers ranging from carnation to rose, then sandalwood, patchouli, perhaps vetiver. Shortly a classic Oriental chypre on the mossy-woody side with a remarkable fresh twist – halfway mineral and fruity, azure and refreshing, played not on calone but rather on a combination of balsamic, floral, fruity notes which delivers a colourful, fresh breath, slightly aqueous too. Totally refined, a kind of "weekend" relaxed elegance. Perfect elegant drydown (which despite the name "Eau de...", is quite long-lasting). A good one for sure!

veda
veda

I wish I could have many bottles of this one.Everything I own from Givenchy is vintage,I must say I have them since the year they came out.About this one the original formula is so aquatic, chic and fresh.The second bottle I bought that one with the golden top I must say I found it more flowery than aquatic and doesn't last long...sorry but they do keep doing reformulations and thats not good for those who really love a unique perfume as this one.

aber19
aber19

I have just bought this in Australia for $20 and is very rare. Just to let perfumistas know, that this perfume smells identical to Jessica McClintock Jessica McClintock for women. It is extremely floral, (eg Jonquilles) slight lemony which quite heavy within its opening notes. It is a very sweet fragrance.

mokaur007
mokaur007

Oh how Ive missed you since high school....found some on ebay and it took me back to the school dances while hearing Reo Speedwagons "Cant fight this feeling anymore"! Pure heaven. All I need now is to find my old HS bf..lol.

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

I always have some. It reminds me of a time in my past. I don't use it often but would be bereft without it.

Leonore
Leonore

Honeysuckle, ylang-ylang, lily of the valley, a dash of oakmoss, a hint of woods ~ most noticeably sandalwood and cedar. Super-clean soapy powdery heaven. The most ethereal composition of delicate flowers I have ever experienced. This does not refer to the modern Les Mythiques version (which I have not tried) nor the original perfume (in the vintage blue box, which I liked well enough but did not love). The one I am referring to is the middle version in the standard Givenchy spray bottle, presented in a white box with dark blue borders. It was a blind purchase for me; I was anticipating a similar scent to the one I remembered from the 80s. However the formula must have been significantly altered, and very much for the better ~ little did I expect the gorgeousness which followed. It reminds me very much of Annick Goutal Le Chèvrefeuille and Eau de Camille, to some extent also Chant d'Arômes de Guerlain ~ all three having in common a distinct, very beautiful honeysuckle leitmotif. Still, this one is different from any of the above and stands in a class all its own. I would describe it as light, airy, refreshing, not a winter scent but certainly an ideal choice for summer. A BEAUTY.

persefoni
persefoni

This is another of the smells that ignited my interest in perfumes!

It's bitter but nonetheless fresh, ideal for summer and autumn, extremely long lasting, very different from other eaus (check the "reminds me of.." list), especially because of the combination of oakmoss with honeysuckle and lily of the valley + grapefruit. There's also something that reminds me of the open sea...

Unquestionably unisex, i think, and very underrated...

cghiron
cghiron

I love this perfume. It is the only one I have ever worn, sonce the day I was given the first sample about its start ca 1980 to now, that makes it about 30 years...
My mother is on a mission to get every bottle she finds in old shops, becaute is has shamefully been discontinued. Why???
I love its fresh notes and even more the warmer tones that lingers on the skin. I do not know anymore after so many years which smell is mine and which is the perfume's.

Molliepops
Molliepops

This is fresh, clean and smells of melons! My mother and I both purchased a bottle each at the airport many years ago. The smell of it now always reminds me of that holiday.

The last bottle I purchased didn't quite smell the same on my skin, the formulation seemed different to how I remember it.

In a nutshell, its an aquatic, fruity scent which is unlikely to offend anyone. It lasts reasonably well, but is very hard to get hold of nowadays. I used to like it, but its not one of my favourites.

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Truelly EAU! should be uni!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

One of the very few fragrances of its type that has no jagged edges. This is just amazing. A perfect blend of green notes and white florals. Elegant and effortless, it's very much the soul of spring. One of the most underrated fragrances in Givenchy's catalog.

meg1969
meg1969

Just got a vintage bottle on ebay and it smells DIVINE...exactly as I remember when I wore it 23 years ago. It is a subtle skin scent, great for everyday, casual, fresh and clean. It does have a wonderful "lived in" feeling about it though. The longevity is amazing - even after all these years - a testiment to the quality of Givenchy. C'est si bon.

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

I owned this in the early 90's and adored it. I always foumd it a fresh, comforting scent that gave me confidence. It smelt light and fresh but lingered for hours. I now want to treat myself to this again as it conjures up many good memories.

catou

I'm in heaven today! After trying so many perfumes to try and replace Eau de Givenchy as my signature sent, I decided to buy a new "les parfums mythiques eau de givenchy" online and it arrived last night. I'm wearing it today and it smells so good. It smells fresh and feminine and it makes me feel special! I should have ordered several bottles because I do not want to run out again and it's so hard to find...

moraine
moraine

Wow, Mellyhelly has given us an amazing review of Eau de Givenchy! I've been pondering that "peculiar note" for some time, but she's got it all figured out...

I don't think that calling this a Floral Fruity really does it justice - it's quite green , and is one of those rare fragrances that won't discriminate against age or season. I'm wearing it today, in a snowy November, as contentedly as I did in July. I wish I could find a huge bottle to last the rest of my life!

I still own a very small mini from the '80s of Eau de Givenchy and it smells fresh as then!
I don't know if it has gone through reformulation.
My review is for the vintage version.
This was presented as a very fresh, careless, casual and sporty fragrance but not without typical Givnechy's elegance! If I'm not wrong I remember an ad they said "Givenchy sans talons haut" and this says a lot about the aim of this fragrance in the house's eyes.
Yes, it is fresh and casual and elegant. It inspires run away from formality into a (expensive!) vacation. Think of white and blue, luxury sea boats with people dressed simply yet expensively, ladies in their off days, off from work maybe but most of all off daily duties in formal marriages, if it makes sense. Kind of aristocratic holiday.
Mint is the initial note mixed with unpointed fruits, then flowers in the heart, lots of flowers as if it was a grand soirèe scent, but kept clean and transparent, not sultry at all. Finally a good woody light base like it is unseen and unsmelled nowadays.
A total brash elegant sporty? Not so completely.
Eau de Givenchy still holds a peculiar note that I found in all vintage Givenchy before bad re-formulation that I would call "animalic" even if it's not a very skanky smell. It's kind of skin scent that makes a person smell less squeaky clean and more "lived up" even a little unwashed. It's a very subtle feeling, the same as in innocent Fleur d'Interdit (vintage) and in Amarige vintage. It's a soft balance between elegance and vulgarity, cleanliness and sultry sexuality and it used to work in spectacular way on my skin many years ago, I think before re-formulation.
The sillage is very close to skin but lasting power is very high here.
It really makes me think of undressing and wearing only confortable white shirt and pants with comfy shoes (but with Givenchy design!) and go for a vacation where not only pure sea air and walks along the beach can be there, but also maybe a careless summer affair could happen, with tons of refinement, of course :-)

Asphaltblume
Asphaltblume

Eau de Givenchy is not entirely gone. It's now part of the line of "Mythical Fragrances" by Givenchy, along with "L'Interdit", "Le De", "Givenchy III", "Extravagance d'Amarige", "Organza Indécence", "Vetyver", "Monsieur de Givenchy" and "Xeryus". They all come in the same simple bottle now and are not easily availiable. And at least some of them have been reformulated - I know that "L'Interdit" really suffered from it, while "Eau de Givenchy" still smells the way it used to.

catou

I wore this perfume since 1980. I still love it but it's gone. I'm desperately trhying to find a similar perfume again. I would love som suggestions...

daliflora
daliflora

I believe it's been discontinued, I had a bottle of Eau de Givenchy (edt) packed in a long blue box in late 90s and ever since I wasn't able to find it again. I remember it was fresh, crisp and youthful, though in an elegant way. It suited me perfectly at that time, but I'm not sure I'd go for it once again, also because the latest edition seems a bit overpriced.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

As a lover of green fragrances, I'm always excited when I find something that smells of dewey fields and unopened flowers. Eau de Givenchy comes pretty close to ticking off all of my "green" boxes. It opens with a brilliant and clean lemon, and swiftly transitions into an array of grassy notes and white florals, namely honeysuckle, lily of the valley, and jasmine. Although strong hints of them abound, these florals never really take center stage, and as rapidly as they appear, are just as rapidly tinged with the same bitter green grassiness of the opening. Tuberose and oakmoss are present, but take a backseat to the greens. Eventually, as Eau de Givenchy settles, the contrast of green and floral finds a steady balance, leaving a very light, herbal skinscent in its wake.

I think this fragrance is almost perfect. I wish it were a little less floral, as those notes compromise the incredible greenness of the grass accords. It could also be a smidgen stronger in concentration, but we're talking an eau de cologne-style perfume here. Although marketed to women, I find this to be utterly wearable as a man, and find a stark comparison to the equally-scintillating Chevrefeuille Original by Creed. Quite honestly, I think I'd rather wear this instead and save myself the $$. It certainly smells just as expensive, and it's just right for a spring or summer day.

madhatter1
madhatter1

I just tried a sample vial, its very nice, light and uncomplicated. However after an hour of initial application, I couldnt smell anything more with this scent. This smells better on others. I like the smell of my other arm that I sprayed Violet Eyes on from 5 hrs ago! Now thats still going strong!

KateZeGreat
KateZeGreat

It is easier to describe this perfume by what it is not: is such a clean scent...but does NOT bring to mind laundry, grass, aqua, or chemicals.

The citrus sparkles for a brief minute, then blends beautifully down into clear, rosey, slightly-bitter, slightly-old-fashioned floral threads and then fades to a wonderful, soft, burring musky-amber haze...not cloying, not smothering, interesting-yet-genteel.

perfume_junkie
perfume_junkie

It's surprising how many memories a perfume can bring back...I love this one, I did not get to finish it bcs my mom took my bottle :)

debbborra
debbborra

I was surprised at just how much I enjoyed this fragrance. It is very much a product of the early eighties. It's like you can smell the era in the notes.

It's a delicate but not fragile floral. That means it will not overwhelm, nor will it fade on you. In fact one of the best things about it is how it had great longevity and did interesting things as the day wore on.

At first it was just a floral for me. But two hours in I got a whiff of mint. An hour later for a while it was almost masculine. But only for a very short while.

It took me through the day, in a lovely waft of flowers and time travel.

guest_Shona Kaur
guest_Shona Kaur

Wore this in High School and my bf loved it. I was so happy to see it back on the market. What a clean, fresh scent!

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I've just now acquired this after a very long absence. I had fond memories of this scent from when I wore it in the late 80's. I had remembered it to be citrusy and fresh. I found a mini vintage bottle and it smells just like I remember. The citrus are dominant top notes without smelling like any type of citrus cleansers. I think it's balanced well with the floral and base notes. I can't pick out any of the base notes individually, but they balance this scent well.

It also reminds me somewhat of Weil Bambou, although W.B. is much stonger in the tuberose.

This is a very nice scent for a hot balmy summer day/night.

efm
efm

Can a scent be nondescript and unpleasant at the same time? No, probably not.
Yet this is how I think of Eau de Givenchy.

For years it was included with in-flight travel kits. This illustrates the utility of the scent - unisex, inoffensive and clean.

hathor
hathor

all i can remember about this one was that it contained a note that smelled like an overheated (old-fashioned) computer or television set. also i found it similar to yves rocher's orchidee which i actually preferred. i see to my surprise that it was a "Frootee floral" as i call them. must have been the first example of these. must also be the reason i tried to like it and didn't quite succeed. that, and the unnerving feeling that you might have to call an electrician (fat or otherwise!!)

pansylady
pansylady

I found this fragrance a little difficult- it had an off-outting sour note in the top layer, which was evident both from the bottle and on my skin- following the strange into, it more or less disappeared, leaving a very thin "skin scent" behind. Not one I'm going to adopt-

I have been wearing Eau de Givenchy since 1989. It is the only sent I wear. For years the only place that sold it in the U.S. was Macy's Herold Square, now I can only get it on the internet. I wish they produced at body powder and shower gel.

MelanieL
MelanieL

This is my very favourite perfume. I've been wearing it since 1993 and still love it! It's fresh, clean and sensual.

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

Eau De Givenchy is a wonderful, light scent. It is probably the only perfume I used during the 80s thatI would still use today. Many of the perfumes I used to love back then ( Amarige, Poison, Georgio etc) is far too heavy for me today. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get hold of it in Sweden.

calevacin
calevacin

This perfume will always bring me back memories of summer nights. When I smell it it reminds me the ambience depicted in the movie (and novel) "Bonjour tristesse" set in the 1950s Côte d'Azur. Actually, Givenchy himself designed the costumes for the movie. It's a beautiful scent where jasmine and sandalwood are entwined so perfectly that you can almost see yourself walking by a beach at night with the sea water gently caressing your feet. You'll have to excuse me, I'm getting poetic, too many memories I guess. It has otherwise a good lasting power (5-6 hours) and it's not as expensive as other Givenchy scents.

Eau de Givenchy by Givenchy 4.24 out of 5 based on 170 ratings and 33 user reviews

EAU DE GIVENCHY for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT .14 OZ MINI UNBOXED
Eau De Givenchy Perfume by Givenchy - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Eau De Givenchy Perfume by Givenchy - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
EAU DE GIVENCHY MYTHICAL for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ 2007 EDITION
EAU DE GIVENCHY MYTHICAL for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ 2007 EDITION

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Eau de Givenchy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Eau de Givenchy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Givenchy by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Givenchy by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.