Designers » F-H » Woody « Groups

Eau de Vetyver Givenchy for men

Eau de Vetyver Givenchy for men
dislike

Eau de Vetyver by Givenchy is a Woody fragrance for men. Eau de Vetyver was launched in 1959. The nose behind this fragrance is Hubert Givenchy. Top note is bergamot; middle notes are vetiver and coriander;

Bergamot

Vetiver Coriander

Eau de Vetyver Fragrance Reviews

cromwellian
cromwellian

Well,without a doubt this is the benchmark by which all vetivers should be judged - period !
I was lucky to score a vintage bottle of Givenchy Eau de Vetyver recently and have to tell you it's one of the classiest fragrances I have worn for years - it's apparent that something special was conceived here,I read some where that Hubert Givenchy sourced some very rare vetivers root from the Himalayas and I can believe it.Sorry Jack,but you may have had a sample that was past it's best,as the projection and silage on the vintage I have is fantastic 12 - 18 hours for me,longer on clothing - god bless you Hubert,I say a little thank you every time I wear it.

Andrapi
Andrapi

Vintage version in the green box = possibly the best Vetiver ever produced.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

I have a sample of this vintage juice and it does smell really good. A deep dry earthy vetiver with a little rootyness, very good quality. The only thing thats lets it down is poor projection and longevity.

Fragmeister
Fragmeister

I own an almost full bottle of the original Givenchy Eau de Vetyver (without the box) which I'd like to sell. I'm in the UK but will send it worldwide. Please send me a private message with an offer.

ericrico
ericrico

Original Vintage formulation - brilliant, sublime scent. Gorgeous, deep & rooty vetiver with a nice light touch of bergamot to open and a smooth sandalwood base. Precedes Guerlain's 1961 benchmark bottle. A masterpiece unto itself. Will never be made again - even in Les Parfums Mythiques' release...which is excellent, but original has something special. Timeless.

If you are able to procure this juice and it has been well-preserved, it is an absolute MUST for true Vetiver aficionados. To smell it is to understand beauty. This is not a fragrance - this is an expression of scent, and a truly beautiful one at that. Have you stood in Florence, Italy at the Accademia Gallery and seen the original statue of David? I have. It is so perfectly-chiseled and awe-inspiring at 17 feet tall. There is a similar sense of divine touch when a lover of vetiver smells this bottle of Eau de Vetyver from Givenchy. I am so blessed and thankful to have it.

Not to be rude, be please leave this page of reviews for those who have the Original Vintage elixir - there is a separate page for the Les Parfums Mythiques bottle. I own that as well, for wear, but this will be treasured.

the_good_life
the_good_life

This is a review of the relaunched Vetyver, part of Givenchy's "Les Parfums Mythiques" line. Impressively restrained. A pronounced, rooty, nutty - though not radical - green vetiver note at the center, surrounded by a conservative and very well executed bouquet of masuline gentility - cedar, perhaps sandal, refined sweetness of tonka, mossy diffusion. Where Villoresi's excellent Vetiver is all about panache, this one is all about low key elegance. Not exciting, indeed, but excellent. A great alternative for those who, like myself, cannot stomach the tobacco in Guerlain's Vetiver.

Eau de Vetyver by Givenchy 4.57 out of 5 based on 41 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Eau de Vetyver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Eau de Vetyver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Vetyver by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Vetyver by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Hermes Bel Ami Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Vetiver Yves Saint Laurent M7 Givenchy Insense Caron Yatagan Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire Guerlain Vetiver Dior Eau Sauvage Lalique Encre Noire Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Knize Knize Ten Chanel Antaeus Gucci Envy for Men Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Route du Vetiver Guerlain Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Guerlain Vetiver Annick Goutal Vetiver Gucci Gucci Rush for Men