Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Extravagance d'Amarige Givenchy for women
dislike

herbal
Extravagance d'Amarige Givenchy for women Pictures

Extravagance d'Amarige with its floral composition has been on the market since 1998. It was launched 7 years after the first Amarige fragrance, as a sequel of a love story dedicated to an eccentric, provocative and mysterious young woman. The designer behind this perfume is Michel Girard. It opens with the notes of mandarin blossom, violet petals and pink pepper, goes through the heart of Wisteria flower, jasmine, neroli and wild strawberry. The bottom notes introduce warm sandalwood to the composition, as well as cedar and black iris. Serge Mansau made the bottle to be elegant, resembling of its precursor Amerige. It is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Green Mandarin Nettle Pink Pepper Tagetes Violet Leaf Marigold

Orange Blossom Wild Strawberry Wisteria Jasmine

iris Sandalwood Amber Wild Strawberry Cedar

Les Parfums Mythiques - Extravagance d'Amarige

Extravagance d'Amarige Fragrance Reviews

Ursus74
Ursus74

Oh my God!!! I have been looking for this fragrance for ages! And now I have it. The most exiting, erotic but also calm smell I have ever tried. Inordinate mixture from heaven :)

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Very classy, original and somehow respectful - it must be the herbs!
B.T.W. I don't think it's 100% discontinued - I see it every now & then at Superpharm:)

Liz87
Liz87

This perfume was my first 'blind buy' and when I received the bottle I was for one moment afraid that it might not be what i expected. However, after using it, I can not stop smelling! I cannot place the perfume yet: it is fresh, light, flowery, but it also has something in it which doesnt make it too flowery, fresh or overwhelming (maybe that is herbal). I think it is a really pleasant perfume, which people would not recommend immediately as perfume. WIll definitley use it a lot!!!

tapina3
tapina3

It is my favorite EVER!
How can I do to make Givenchy to produce it again???
I keep a sample safe and I smell it when I want to lift my spirits.
Does somebody have Les Parfums Mythiques - Extravagance d´Amarige and Extravagance d´Amarige both? Can you describe if they are similar? And what is different?
Thanks

LittleRed
LittleRed

Herbal, grassy, green, bright, sunny, refreshing - a truly uplifting gem of a perfume. I like the citrus in this - it's light and tangy and more sour than sweet. The florals are sunny and dry, like a bouquet of wildflowers picked on a hot day.

I find this to be a wonderfully carefree, yet still classy fragrance. It has a bright, happy aura and is wearable in most situations. Quickly becoming one of the favourites in my collection.

iset
iset

This was one of the best smelling fragrances. The first time I smelled this jewel I bought it. I have gone through several bottles over the years.I still have a small bit, I love it.

banker5047
banker5047

LOVE... LOVE... LOVE this perfume. During its time it was one of the very best fragrances on the planet. So sorry to hear it’s been discontinued.

4scents
4scents

Love..love...love it and YES this perfume is for the grown up girlie girl in all of us.For some reason this perfume reminds me of wintertime, spice and charm all day into nightime. Be very prepared to pass the name along. A soft woodsy undertone that lingers on, coupled with sneaky vanilla drifts. This perfume is so flavorful you always come back for more!

Nadia31
Nadia31

This beautiful perfume reminds me of Oranges, does anybody know where I can still buy it? It has been discontinued in the UK

L0tus23
L0tus23

I just love this discontinued perfume, it always makes me feel good when i wear it. It's not cloying or overpowering, it's got a lovely jasmine undercurrent but in a nice clean, natural garden way that lingers on and on. Slightly woody undercurrents but the soft florals are the focus here all the way through.

I don't have many perfumes that last well on my skin, but this stays close all day. To the point i find myself sniffing my wrist at work and smiling that it still has a nice drydown.

In my opinion, much nicer than the original Amarige and less spicy and more mainstream than Mariage which is a sillage, amber monster all of it's own.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

I don't feel this beauty extravagant at all, in agree with Boruvka44 (if it's not an extravagant thing that someone doesn't want to use only sugar-sirupy perfumes;-)). It's very close to nature, that's what I love in it. A fresh, bittersweet harmony of marigold, nettle, pink pepper and wild strawberry (you can catch all of them here) on a lovely woody base. It's like lying in your garden on a sunny, lazy afternoon. Oddly the notes together give me another scent that I love, too: the scent of lovage (it's one of my favourite herbs) and gives me a very familiar feeling. Sillage is medium on my skin and unfortunately lasting power is not as good as others mentioned (only 4-5 hours), but on my hair and clothes it lingers much longer. The bottle is beautiful, too. It's a shame, that it's discontinued.

Nice. A lot better then the original. Fresh, crisp, green and clean. Not loud but there all around me. Perfect for spring/summertime.

Trevlig. Klart bättre än originalet. Fräsch, krispigt grön och "ren". Inte högljudd men här runt mig. Perfekt för våren/sommaren.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Deja vu, my childhood at our cottage, summer garden with tagetes, marigold, wild strawberries (lots of, from the side of a forest road) and even the nettle!
Where is the extravagance tho??

vicka16
vicka16

EXTRAVAGANCE! Just like its name says this parfume is extravagante (in a good way!), it's really different from others. Fresh, bold, and so heavenly goooood.
Acctually, the first time I was introduced to this fragrance I hated it, really. It was a signature fragrance of a friend of mine, and after I saw her spraying this parfum all over her from head to toes (I don't remember exactlly, but I think she was putting 8 or 10 heavy sprays), I understood why it was making me sick. So I dicided to give it a try because the smell in the bottle was nice. Since then I'm in love with this fragrance. 2 sprays are just enought to smell good all night long.

P.S. After it was discontinued few years ago I had a hard time to find [my second bottle] but I did - in a parfum store, not online. I didn't wear it very often since then so the bottle is still half full, but after I saw it at a great price online I had to order it. And I just receaved it this morning! I'm so happy!!! :)))

evy.gc
evy.gc

JUST LIKE I REMEMBER… YOUTHFUL, HAPPY, EXCITING FRAGRANCE!

THIS EAU DE TOILETTE IS TIMELESS AND UNIQUE. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN SOME SWEET ORANGES WITH POWDER CHILI? WE’LL THE SMELL TURNS OUT TO BE VERY YUMMY BUT IN A VERY CHEERFUL WAY! … THAT’S EXTRAVAGANCE!

YOU’LL ALSO FIND IT FRESH-SWEET-GREEN-FLORAL BUT NOT IN AN OBVIOUS WAY AT ALL, ITS VERY DIFFERENT!

- NOT OLD FASHIONED PARFUM
- NOT OVERWHELMING
- STAY POWER AROUND 9 HOURS (AMAZING)
- IT DOESN’T CHANGE ALONG THE DAY
- IDEAL FOR SPRING AND SUMMER
- NOT INVASIVE OR AGRESSIVE
- NOT POWDERY AT ALL
- NOT BORING

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I was ordering this from fragrancex.com but got the Les Mythiques -extravagance version. I was huge surprised and thinking now where I can get this original one.. Mythiques serie Extravagance was quite similar, but it lacks kicks compared to original one

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I will preface my review by stating that floral-greens are not usually my thing. Extravagance d'Amarige was unfortunately no different. Although it felt light and fresh, I wasn't able to pick out any specific notes, because I quickly found it headache-inducing and had to wash it off. :(

I think this would be a great scent for someone who loves fresh, clean florals, though!

perfumemory
perfumemory

I am overwhelmed to be reading how Extravaganza is a special perfume for many here. Here is my story.
I had bought it for present for my partner who passed away several years ago. This was her favorite scent and so it was for me on her. Needless to say how emotionally connecting this perfume is to me.
Vertigo has given an exact description of the target audience just several comments below. This is an exquisite scent for a mature woman, 35/40--55. There is some quite unique combination of boldness and subtlety to it.
I would dare to say that Extravaganza was like no other women's perfume in the market at the time (early 2000's). Honestly, it stands out even today, after over a decade. It is regretful that it has been discontinued. One can still find it in some online stores though. A very unusual and special fragrance, indeed.

andrUTZA
andrUTZA

I love it.It's my favourite since I first smelled it 7 years ago.Too bad it can not be found in stores any more.The same regret I have about fleur d'interdit which I also find extraordinary.

sofababe
sofababe

Extravagance has really surprised me....in a good way.
On first applying I was almost overpowered by the pepper, I waited, and I was rewarded with a fabulous scent. Fresh but strong florals, particularly the marigolds, and who would have thought that nettles would be so appealing in a perfume??
I'm not sure if Extravagant is the correct description...I'd go for elegant, beautiful, luxurious and classy.

laboona
laboona

i love it it's very classy

Jellybean
Jellybean

At first I thought I smelled linden trees and blossoms. Very shortly it became unbearable strong smell I couldn't escape. I wanted to throw my shirt out. I ended up giving it to my mom and she loved it, since it is a stronger type of perfume.

carminemonoxide
carminemonoxide

i wish they'd make the edp again. far superior to the edt...

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

I like this fragrance. It is very different than any of my other perfumes and also any other Givenchy frags.
It is bold, bright, and indeed extravagant. I normally am attracted to darker, sexier scents, but the freshness and extroverted qualities of Extravagance D'Amarige have won me over. It settles beautifully on the skin, is sweet but not saccharine, and frequently catches the attention of others. The pink pepper and green mandarin are immediately noticeable to me -- quite strongly -- but it balances pretty quickly. It also has good staying power.
I love to wear this when more dressed up and feeling outgoing. Even when I'm not feeling extroverted, just wearing this one can help bring me out of my shell. If fits my look for the day whether it's more avant garde or minimalistic.
Wear this one if you want something to help bring out the boldness of your personality! Good to wear to a party or out grocery shopping. I'm glad I bought it, it fits an interesting niche in my collection. I would give it about a 7.5-8/10.

guest_memories
guest_memories

My Mother is beautiful, and still looks so young and beautiful, even tho she's climbing up there in age. I Love this because my mother used to wear this and this smell makes me think of her,the smell went along so well with her,, the smell is very distinct,fresh,pleasant like a burst of delight without being to overwhealming, this scent reminds me of my beautiful mother, but she doesn't wear this anymore, im going to have to buy her a new bottle!

guest_99tulips
guest_99tulips

I absolutely love this perfume. Unfortunately they are no longer distributing where I live --- very sad.

pure auburn
pure auburn

I love this fragrance its pure classic, I keep a bottle in the fridge which adds to its refreshing delights in summer. love the sensual mandarin scent with violet, strawberry & marigold...feminine and surprisingly gentle given the full brew of spice and heady ingredients.

glitteralex
glitteralex

This seems to have nothing to do with the original Amarige or Amarige mariage. It does have a few things in common with the lovely Amarige d'Amour-a light, fresh, clear floral composition with good longevity. While Extravagance lasts only 3 hours or so, it has the distinction of bein =g the only scent I have ever tried that pivots around a central Wisteria note. Wisteria has a light, green, grapey smell when in bloom that is intoxicating. The Pink Pepper and citrus are barely discernable, but instead add some lift and zest to the polite florals. the Woody base with Amber is so faint that one hardly notices it-this perfume is so light that it is nearly gone befor the base has time to settle in! Nonetheless, I am enchanted by the floral composition and will continue to wear this throughout the spring.

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

Not for me,this is the first floral green fragrance that I ever tested and dont like it,too green,too fresh,like air fresh for car :(

manny2107
manny2107

This is my all time favorit.I feel like this parfume is made for me - sexy, strong ans romantic feeling.
Even if I put it in morning later i the afternoon i can still noticed it.

Simply adorable!!!

allexa27
allexa27

light,flirty,,flowery,sweet and sexy.Very special for me!!!It is not old fashion for my nose.I love it!!!I get most of all iris and strawberries.Very long lasting.u cant go wrong wiht thios one;)

milena
milena

I had this perfume couple of years ago,and it was one of the few perfumes i was complimented on,it really worked with my chemistry.

ariadna
ariadna

It's light,happy and flirty.
It's great to use it everyday,but also on special occasions or romantic situations.

CFKay
CFKay

This brings back wonderful memories for me! The first time I purchased was 11 years ago in duty free at the airport in Zimbabwe. We were returning from an amazing honeymoon visiting Victoria Falls on the Zambezi River and we both fell in love with this spicy, sophisticated floral. Loved the pink pepper! Wore like a dream in our tropical climate back home and I remember people often stopped me to compliment me. An exceptional fragrance with a hip, edgy elegance to it. Staying power on me was okay, but still definitely a keeper in my book. For years I couldn’t find it anywhere, but now I will most certainly be repurchasing.

istraonline
istraonline

Very green, moist and chilly due to nettle note. Suitable for hot days.

vertigo
vertigo

Floral-woody.

More modern version of Amarige from 1991.
It's name is a tribute to Alexander McQueen, who was connected with Givenchy couture house and whose works are described as bold, provocative and extravagant.

A perfume made for unpredictable women: silent on midday, on fire at midnight, ideal wifes and excellent lovers.

The streamlined shape of the bottle brings to mind a silhouette of unusually shapely woman. The plug reminds a flame and references to McQueen's shows - full of fire.

holanda79
holanda79

i want it back!!!

Malegria
Malegria

Probably the fave among the Amarige family.It has an aura of freedom about it, the openness of mind, the bravery of heart.It`s probably my favorite marigolds that are creating this magic!When I smell it, I have a feeling I am freely running through the fields under the hot sun, not worrying about a thing.Strange how some scents can create a world inside of them.

Moszatka
Moszatka

It is a very special fragrance. At first green, then becomes spicy. I love it! Suitable for hot days.

rebella

Much better to wear now when it´s hot. It smells stronger and longer. The soapyness is gone and the drydown smells much better than earlier...

rebella

Very fresh, very green and very clean. I so love the nettle in the topnote, it smell a bit unusual. This is a not a mainstreamfragrance, it´s not for everyone. The wild strawberrys are quite shy, but (the only thing)longlasting and the flowers blend together without one of them being dominant. Unfortunatly this is a discrete almost weak fragrance on me, I can´t hardly notice it after about one hour... the only thing that remains is a wiff of clean and fresh soapyness, nice but not at all enough to make me love this perfume. I think it´s more suitable for the hot summer... My husband likes it.

Extravagance d'Amarige by Givenchy 3.98 out of 5 based on 313 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Extravagance d'Amarige fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Extravagance d'Amarige, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Extravagance d'Amarige by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Extravagance d'Amarige by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.