Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Fleur d'Interdit Givenchy for women

Fleur d'Interdit Givenchy for women
dislike

ozonic
Fleur d'Interdit Givenchy for women Pictures Fleur d'Interdit Givenchy for women Pictures

“Forbidden Flower” is the perfume by Givenchy House introduced in 1994 pictured as a flower in imaginative Heaven garden, eternally bloomed and protected. It is dedicated to all young women of the world who strive for romantic daydreaming, and made of floral aquatic notes of dreams. This perfume, designed by Daniel Moliere, who in top notes cozily put juicy peach, raspberries and melon. The heart notes seduce with its floral experience provided by cyclamen, rose, lilac, violet, jasmine, orchid and lily-of-the-valley along with the base notes consisting of heliotrope, sandal, vanilla and orris. The designer of the bottle is Pochet Courval. The bottle is incorporated with floral lace in the middle, translucent and made of glass. The perfume is available in the amount of 50 and 100 ml edp.

Melon Green Notes Freesia Raspberry Peach Hiacynth Bergamot Watermelon Wild Strawberry

Cyclamen Violet Orchid Lilac Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Gardenia Violet Leaf

iris Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Vanilla Heliotrope Cedar Orris

Golden Dynastie

Fleur d'Interdit Fragrance Reviews

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

When this first came out I obtained a sample box of several little Givenchy fragrances. I remember enjoying this one the best. I am reviewing the original formula. I had not smelled this in almost 20 years and forgot about it until I obtained a wonderful vintage bottle. Fleur D'interdit can best be described as an extremely elegant soft floral fragrance. I do smell slight green notes and also some slight spice mixed in the background. I also get mild melon without being fruity as I am not a fan of fruity scents. Oh how I miss these types of perfumes. This one was so classy and elegant. If you find a vintage bottle grab it. I am seeing them all over and the price is very reasonable. I believe this one has long since been discontinued. A pleasure to have it back in the collection.

scented2014
scented2014

i've received a bottle of it today. and as i have a mini of a pre-reformulated version, i'm able to compare both. they smell the same which is great! BUT the modern version is much lighter which is not so good in my case as i prefer more intensive florals. still, it's very lovely. some would say 'watery',but i would say inoffensive...
true floral,elegant and light...makes you feel feminine, gentle and seek your man's care and protection))

alchimia72
alchimia72

No Cannelline, Fleur D'interdit hasn't got anything in common with L'eau D'issey ( that I can't stand). It is discontinued, so Mortazuma if you have a chance to find a bottle, you have a vintage in your hands. I love this fragrance, because it's one of the first perfume I received from my husband. Last year I found another bottle luckyly, and I am so happy to have the opportunity to wear it again. It's very Givenchy, floral, but not loud, a bit fruity and acquatic at the same moment ( melon and watermelon), I detect the cyclamen note very strong. I find it one of the most feminine and fine floral fragrance ever, elegant, thin, subtle. Maybe not so sexy in its purpose, but a woman elegant, fine and subtle is seductive, isn't she?

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

What a beautifully feminine fragrance this was. And I do mean WAS because I have no idea what it may smell like nowadays since there has been quite a trend of perfumes being reformulated. My body chemistry seemed to like this one. It made me feel like the sun, providing heat for the flowers to actually bloom. The scent, on its own, was too subtle to be in any ways potent.

This translates as "forbidden flower" and yes...at my 20 years of age, I was too...so this was a bit of a personal landmark for me. It is the scent of something so serene in its solace, unpolluted by material concerns or competition, without worries, blissfully enjoying the sweet fruits of independence and leisure.

When I think of this fragrance I think of perpetual spring. Soft caressing breezes carrying the scent of blooms from lush, well manicured gardens. This wasn't a wild fragrance. It was the scent that brought me visions of a garden that was strategically and passionately created for beauty, aroma, color, harmony and serenity...Monet's garden at Giverny (google images). The sillage was just as ripe as the perfume itself...airy, sweeet, elegant and fresh.

I will agree that it isn't a seducer's potion, nor something that had the potential to be a signature scent. But to me, it was a fragrance that was akin to a moment in your life that is meant to be experienced only once. So it is only as precious as you make it out to be.

Cannelline
Cannelline

I have only my memory to rely on for this one. I was 13 when it was launched, and it is one of the few scents of that time that I can recall even being aware of; along with Cacharel's Eden this was a scent I discovered through ads because I had begun reading fashion magazines and strolling around wistfully in makeup stores. I remember the strong impact the advertising had on me, both Fleur d'Interdit and Eden had those very suggestive, covertly sexual auras which readily struck a chord with a young girl transitioning into adolescence.

I have the idea that Fleur d'Interdit has much in common with L'eau d'Issey, though I may be completely mistaken. Would love to hear if anyone else sees the similarity.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

So my mom bought this way back and just kept it in her closet. I have since aquired it. Upon first spray it smells very much like floral soap. over time it smells like melon, rose, hiacynth. definitely a springtime secent and for the day. it smells fresh and clean. could be worn to work or just around. i think this fragrance is fitting for any age group. i like it though it is a tad too floral for my perfect scent.

daintypink01

i loved it when i first smelled it on seventeen magazine sample. that was in 1996. in 1997 i had the chance to buy this at a very cheap price but the salesday offered me versus versace at the same price. i chose to buy the latter which smelled like a very strong cough syrup!
years later, i looked for fleur d'interdit everywhere but couldnt find it, only to find out that it had been discontinued. i had my chance to own this perfume and i regret not grabbing that chance. now, im still on what seemed like a life long search for this perfume. why did they discontinue this special fragrance when so many people wanted it. they say you'll never forget your first love. you may meet many others but your first love will always have a special place in your heart.
well, i have the same sentiments for this perfume. i fell in love with so many perfumes but i will never forget FLEUR D' INTERDIT. it was love at first smell.

Makica
Makica

I had this one... in 1994. Nice but on my skin it would simply gone in ...let say... in 30 minutes? I bought it in Paris and it was so cheep! Could not understand why but after few day of use I knew... no "staying power". Or it was my skin? Conclusion - yes - for young persons, yes - for daily use, yes - never ever for me.

opheliasophia
opheliasophia

First perfume I owned - loved it...

daintypink01

i have long been looking for a bottle of this perfume. reminds me of high school days.

bailarina
bailarina

Pretty dry-down. I'm a flower girl. I love flowers (it is something from my childhood) Anyways, it's pretty even when I don't really care much for green scents. I don't smell much of any of those fruits listed, I mostly smell flowers on this one. I have a cold though. The opening scared me a bit, but I really like it 15 minutes later.

meena65
meena65

This perfume reminds me of my mother who passed away... Anytime I wear or smell this fragrance it reminds me of her.

connie@ginkwunk.net
connie@ginkwunk.net

This is a very breezy fruity floral fragrance, it reminds me a bit of Creed's Spring Flower. Smells very natural- one can tell the ingredients are high quality. Perfect for warm weather or those days when you want to bring warm weather to you.

Azrael
Azrael

My parents bought this for me in my childhood as a present, whilst beeing on a vocation. Twelve years later I still have this fragrance, and each time I use it, I go back in time.

Fleur d'Interdit is a very feminine scent.
The flowery,fruity notes make this perfume smell innocent, young, fresh and lovely.

niky9
niky9

This is the Perfume for me!

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

So feminine ...i had it and i loved it!

scentelle
scentelle

It became my signature perfume and then disappeared. Beautiful, feminine, elegant. Delicate floral scent.

akheperure
akheperure

I tried this perfume tonight, from a bottle I bought some 15 years ago, but I cannot say that I like it.
Florals are really not my cup of tea.
On my skin it smells like any floral soap or shampoo, no sweetness, no character, no voluptuosity, nothing. Maybe the perfume is too old and has lost it's depth, I don't know...

Ju11li
Ju11li

It is absolutely my favourite perfume, very hard to find nowadays. When you spray it on yourself, first you smell something that must be familiar from your childhood: when you were running on wet green grass and fell, and the green from the grass was smudged on your knee. This chlorophyl shock is surprising, but after fiye minutes it completely goes away, and a lovely green-flowery-fruity composition remains on your skin. The lasting power is excellent. This sent is unique and subtle,innocent but seducing at the same time.

artsyrn
artsyrn

One of my favorites. This is a floral, fruity, powdery beauty. It smells delicious.

d_kaempf
d_kaempf

Hi would you please be so kind and let me know where I could buy
Fleur d`Interdit.
your kind help is very much appreciated.
your sincerely

D. Kaempf

vicka16
vicka16

Very nice casual fragrance... sweet, but not too much. I used to have it about 10 years ago, bought a 1 oz bottle just before it discontinued. Back in time, I should buy a bigger size bottle LOL

I still own a tiny beautiful miniature of vintage Fleur d'Interdit. Well, thinking of the '80s as vintage makes me a little sad, LOL!
Fleur d'Interdit is another typical example of Givenchy's genius back in time.
It smells so floral, fresh, innocent, romantic, like a young girl in lovecoming out for the first time from her closed enchanted garden and meeting her first love, a happy one, of course.
Innocence and a tiny bit of sultryness that I have no idea how Givenghy managed to obtain in all its pre-reformulation creations.
Innocent for sure, but this girl knows her own!
Perfumes that claim to be innocent these days fall either in the no-oomph faint lily waters category or in the I-wanted-to-be-innocent-but-my-woodsy-drydown-never-allows-me one.
Fleur d'Interdit is a perfect balance between a fresh happy floral and a slightly animalic scent.
Best in vintage for sure!

jazz444
jazz444

This one was an affordable treat, especially when layered with the body lotion. Sweet, sunny, innocent, and mouthwatering.

Nazou17
Nazou17

This perfume reminds me of the lovely times I had with the love of my life; he used to love it as much as I did! Floral and fresh, it was so feminine, I really wish it was still on the market :(

Mariaa
Mariaa

I had it before 15 years. It is light and with floral essence but it doesn't last for a long time. Just for one hour.

Joanna2533
Joanna2533

Fleur d'Interdit is magnificent! It is very floral, sweet, but light at same time. I am actualy using the second flacon of 100ml. When I first discovered it, I was 23 and I felt it was much suitable for me that time. Now, 15 years later, I keep usng it during the day, in summertime (or springtime), as it makes me feel younger. Fleur d'Interdit, rather than a Forbitten Flower reminds you of a timid one. That is part of its magic and makes it useful for young women as well.

ozbekzafer
ozbekzafer

10 on 10. Best woman fragrance for me and my wife.

Miska
Miska

I find this one very similar to Clinique´s Happy Heart.

ReinaT
ReinaT

I have a small bottle of the original amber version of the perfume and I love it. Very floral, very very floral! And sweet. Extremely feminine and I would say perfect for day and summer use, maybe Spring. You may be able to get away with wearing it at night, if you were going to eat la frechesa or something (excuse my spelling!) but it is quite obviously not a winter perfume. The bottle is pretty too!

LaPetite
LaPetite

I'm crazy about it ! I recently bought a bottle on the web , now it's impossble to find it at a reasonable price.
Romantic , floral, subtle , but definitely NOT boring !It's complex unlike the usual girl scent , and that's why it's different.
It has probably been discontinued because nowadays the younger girls (which this scent had been designed for)like more the very sweet and tacky scent .

This is the first perfume I ever bought for myself. I was 15 years old, and I was on vacation in Italy. While in Venice, I poked into a tiny perfume shop. I bought it because of the frilly bottle. It reminded me of my travels in beautiful, romantic Venezia and the equally enchanting Lago di Como. Luckily I grew to cherish the fragrance. It is sweet, innocent, carefree, playful, bursting with sun-ripened melon, peach, and wildflowers. I loved this perfume in my teens, and I love it equally now. It's beautiful, uplifting, and naturally sweet. The color of the bottle is perfect for the scent. I glow when I wear it. Very few fragrances manage to capture my heart like Fleur d'Interdit. Please bring it back, Givenchy!

guest_nanan
guest_nanan

I´m crazy about fleur d´interdit.But it´s the pink one.Never chande this perfume. It´s wonderful!

I used to have the largest bottle of this one as an early 20's girl, but I decided to give my bottle away.
Just yesterday I was wondering if I would feel the same way about it, if I would smell it again now. Myabe I would love it now.

nyoka
nyoka

A fruity floral for sure.FULL of fruit,ripe,juicy mouth watering fruit with just a taste of green.It has a beautiful floral heart with kisses of orchid,jasmine and rose that drift up to ur nose in a waifting aroma of fresh flowers.THe dry down is sweet vanilla and sandlewood.Lasts 6/8 hrs.Great sillage.I get compliments galore! I disagree that its an everday fume.Good enough for special occassions!

imoore
imoore

I met my future husband with this one on in 95, I wish we were still that innocent and young.

kept the bottle with a little bit in it for old times sakes

c3c
c3c

This is beautiful and unique. Absolutely a fruity floral, but not the fluffy, sweet, sunny, bouncy variety. The glamorous version. Soft but not too light, I would call it medium, with great staying power and just the right amount of sillage.
It's perfectly blended, the main note that stands out for me is a soft peach followed by the faintest hint of rose, jasmine, and vanilla. It has a slight sourness to it but not the type that makes your mouth water just smelling it. There's an edge that almost leans towards slightly overripe fruit but manages to steer clear. That sounds unappetizing but it actually ads a depth to it and is not offensive. At least to me, others may feel differently.

I fell for Fleur D'Interdit via an older mini and waited for my full bottle to arrive before writing my review. The full bottle is a different color (light yellow as apposed to the deeper orange hue)but they both smell fabulous. I like it because it's very different from your typical fruity floral while still having everything to qualify for the group.

Not a hot summer day perfume. More Spring through Winter, perhaps cool summer nights or overcast summer days. And the lasting power, fabulous, all day. I can smell it in the morning sometimes. Unique and most likely not for everyone, but very nice for those who appreciate this style of scent. Personally, I'm very glad to have stumbled upon Fleur D'Interdit.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

A pretty floral in a very pretty bottle. It's too pretty for me. Imagine a blushing young lady courted by a young man in a garden, 1700 century. That's it! But still I can see how classic pretty is never wrong too, just not on me.

beccajo
beccajo

It can be found at fragrance.com, but be careful,I had to return it because it had turned.
I remember as being floral and delightfully different, feminine, and sparkling.

SylvanFox
SylvanFox

I so agree that this is good, but not interesting. The greenness is appealing, but it somehow doesn't have a voice. It is light enough to wear around those who are fragrance phobic if you can't bear to be natural.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

Pretty, but not intersting. I was given this as my first perfume... and I didn't like it at all... tried it 15 years later and I still wouldn't want to wear it. Not that it's a bad smell, just a bit boring...

Superman9
Superman9

Love this fragrance; fresh, light and feminine. For everyday use. I call it a happy perfume.

sweetarifa
sweetarifa

fresh, simply to dress, light, not sweet
I loved it so much

dina
dina

Another ordinary watery fragrance ... very light, could be worn at work, for shopping but not special occasions

Oxygene
Oxygene

I loved it in 1994. I bought a bottle this summer, but I don't wear it. Who is changed? The perfume or me?

Fleur d'Interdit by Givenchy 4.02 out of 5 based on 244 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Fleur d'Interdit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Fleur d'Interdit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fleur d'Interdit by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fleur d'Interdit by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.