Designers » F-H » Woody « Groups

Gentlemen Only Givenchy for men

smoky
Gentlemen Only Givenchy for men Videos
Gentlemen Only Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Givenchy for men Pictures

Givenchy launches a new fragrance for men in 2013. Gentlemen Only is a modern homage to the classic fragrance of the house - Givenchy Gentlemen from 1974. This fragrance was once revolutionary amongst masculine fragrance introducing strong and intense woody notes instead of the traditional aromatic and citrusy ones.

Gentlemen Only is intended to men of our times; it is designed around modern woody nuances. The composition opens with fresh and spicy accords of green mandarin, pink pepper, nutmeg and birch leaves. Deep and intense woody character is provided by the heart of cedar, patchouli and vetiver. The base captures incense and animalistic notes.

The face of this Givenchy perfume is Australian actor Simon Baker. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette with additional after shave lotion, deodorant in spray and in stick.

Green Mandarin Pink Pepper Nutmeg Birch Leaf

Cedar Patchouli Vetiver

Incense Musk

Gentlemen Only Intense
Givenchy Gentleman

Gentlemen Only Fragrance Reviews

Marciu

I just can't agree with all those comparisons with L'Homme Libre. You just can't compare these two, guys. It's different genre, totally. L'Homme Libre is citrusy, spicy, aromatic while Gentlemen Only is mainly woody, I'd say woody-aromatic (eventually woody-spicy). And L'Homme Libre doesn't have incense in it.

MissFassbender
MissFassbender

Very attractive, sexy smell on a man. And just to think that Simon Baker wears this sometimes..Hot!!! :)

Idlehands

Givenchy gentlemen only is a modern take on a woody frag. I don't find this one to be very complex. When you spray it, what you smell is what you get. Having said that, the smell of this stuff is actually quite nice. It's got a smoky, peppery, woody smell to it. Reminds me of ysl's lhomme libre but not as sharp or head ache inducing. I appreciate that Givenchy tried to put out a heavy-ish woody frag but to me it would still be appealing to this who like the spicebombs and the 1 millions. The longevity is pretty good. It projects strong at first but becomes close to the skin very quickly. So that's a bit of a let down to me. 3 sprays should be enough. More than that can be a little much. OH and this has nothing in common with givenchy gentleman, sadly.

Layzie
Layzie

This perfume starts off with incense and herbs, along with a hint of sweetness. There is also a bit of medicinal redolence to it. The woodiness is more similar to lumber from the hardware store than to a tree. After a few minutes, the musk emerges. Gentlemen Only is mainly wood with some background herbs and spices. Citrus doesn’t manifest until the dry-down and gives it a hint of bitterness that makes it nicer somehow.

Givenchy Gentlemen Only is incessantly recommended to me when I’m sniffing around the fragrance section at the department store. It’s always appealed to me but not enough for me to make a purchase. It is a decent fragrance with ok projection and fair longevity.

Marciu

This fragrance is nowhere similar to YSL L'Homme Libre!

L'Homme Libre is a very fresh citrus-violet leaf burst with a quite big amount of pepper and a hint of nutmeg.

Gentlemen Only is a woody patchouli-vetiver-cedar fragrance with a big load of nutmeg and frankincense in the base notes.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

The opening of nutmeg and pepper starts very strong for about a half an hour accompanied by the incense. Mixed with vetiver the spicy aspects become toned down to a mellow cedar/vetver mix. Sillage is very low after 3 hours and a skin scent after 4. It shares a ton of notes with YSL Libre and Jil Sander Man. Very unoriginal and a pity. I wonder if the Intense version is an improvement but then again I really don't care and will not pursue it.

PocketRocket
PocketRocket

A bit like L'Homme Libre though that has pepper for freshness. This one is a strong dislike. Makes my stomach roil. Good for someone over the age of 30. Not for me, cant pull off. Only frag that gives me the heevies.

Nick M

There is definitely some sneaky vanilla in there somewhere. Vanilla is one of my least favorite notes, but it's so well done here that I don't mind it much. Earthy, smoky, sweet, and overall very sophisticated like a true gentleman should be.

Imaginarium
Imaginarium

It's creamy as vanilla goes. And when worn at the start of the day it may be a bit synthetic.
When at a bar it'll gently remind you of being there in a calm way.

Manny44
Manny44

Same notes as Libre but this smells much better. More sophisticated and better blended.

mamali1976
mamali1976

The same as YSL l'homme libre..
Nice smell any way...

time 9
time 9

I have just begun my fragrance journey and this is my first few days here on fragrantica. I have sampled givenchy gentlemen only and its pure indulgence. I love the opening and middle notes. I get mandarin and nutmeg and then patchouli and vetiver... On my my list

Jassar
Jassar

I cannot put into words how much I dislike this fragrance. Tried it on tonight and starting sneezing and eyes watering profusely. Instant headache in a bottle. Had to start scrubbing immediately to try to get it off. Had to cut the night short and load up on benadryl. This even rivals many Boss fragrances for the most pungent trash ever produced.

VJG
VJG

Filled with Style and Grace. An unique scent. Warm/Wet incense is a true hit! I adore this classic fragrance. Sophistication Bottled.

Bogarde
Bogarde

Classy and elegant,with sharp vetiver notes(nothing compared to the dirty/raw vetiver of lalique' encre noire)but surprisingly fresh and clean.
Gentlemen Only is great for work or casual, and more versatile than Gentlemen Only Intense.

Ashcroft87
Ashcroft87

I've been so fascinated by all the commercials, Simon Baker etc. (as at that time I was really into The Mentalist and a big fan of him).
But I have to admit that this is a let down from Givenchy.
Mono dimensional fragrance that fades away within
3 hours. The overall smell is pleasant and the peppery notes combined with the aquatic vibes are really enjoyable.

But not enough.
As somebody mentioned, nice classy bottle, really good potential smell-wise, fantastic tv spot with the perfect man to reflect the fragrance name, but...
The noses behind this, should really put more hard work when releasing such a "high expectation" fragrance.

Make sure to test it anyway.

cologneking
cologneking

I REALLY LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!!!

Musky, earthy, spicy, herbal, incense and DELICIOUS!

Good for office, spritz lightly, it IS a heavy fragrance; especially wearable for FALL/WINTER, cold months, but since I love heavy colognes, I will wear this year round.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

With its green mandarin, gentle spices, sweet incense, vetiver and cedar, Givenchy Gentlemen Only at first, smells like a banana scent layered over a conventional men's cologne, but in a pleasant way. It doesn't transform dramatically. Instead, as the time wears on, the two layers gradually mellows together. The whole scent becomes smoother, warmer and a little more powdery, to some extent that I thought there might be some vanilla or tonka bean in it.

The sillage is relatively close and the longevity is around 8 hours. I find Gentlemen Only likeable and inoffensive, but solidly done. I think it's a relatively safe pick as a gift for those who are not too exigent over fragrances.

Anosmic
Anosmic

I like it if it is not over-sprayed. I wanted to finish out a sampler and did six sprays (from a tiny sample atomizer) and that was way too much..., and it became cloying.

The scent itself is pretty mild to me and definitely office safe. I like it a lot and it most reminds me of walking into a lobby of a nice beach vacation hotel. I can't really put my finger on it, but when you first get to your destination hotel, you just get that calm feeling like "I finally made it here, yes!" For whatever reason, I associate this scent with that kind of calming moment....and with beach vacations...lol (not sure why really)...

Another thing about the fragrance is that it is a very simple fragrance to me. In any case, I have it on my "to buy" list, but I haven't bought it yet. I think when I over-sprayed it, it turned me off to it a bit. I had loved it prior...

edit: I just took the plunge and ordered a bottle online. :)

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

I tried my sample I got at Sephora yesterday. My impression is of a fruity floral musky scent. I don't in any way smell vetiver or incense in this and it is perplexing to me how they are listed as notes. I am surprised to see people voting for these notes as don't detect even a hint.
At any rate I like the smell. I would say it just OK BUT unfortunately it does not last much more than a couple of hours. That being said I have no plans to purchase this in the future.

jimmyo1
jimmyo1

Peppery and hearty. Very nice juice but for me work only

Valentino
Valentino

As a self-proclaimed connoiseur of men's fragrance I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to write this one off as generic. As it happens, I absolutely adore it!

I have owned the original Givenchy Gentleman and it was my father's signature scent so I can say that while GO has very little to do with it, it's a beautiful woody-smoky creation in its own right.

The balance between the fresh green mandarin, pink peppercorn, vetiver and patchouli is totally addictive! However, the key here is wearability. I buy some perfumes which grate on me after a while or they have an off-note somewhere, but this one has no such problems.

Those in the know say this is a Francis Kurkdjian and it shows. It has an understated sophistication which simply oozes good taste. It's easily one of the best designer frags on the market today.

The only downside is that it doesn't develop in a traditional sense from top to bottom notes. It's more of a multi-dimensional blob which envelops you all day long. In any case, I love it!

liav24
liav24

Wow - just smelled it- its amazing

deep smooth scent, little bit of a peach/mango smell, sweet, in the end reminds me alot of the Versace Noir for the women.

going to buy it!

eddie.gallardo
eddie.gallardo

This is one of my favorites, it does no wrong. It last, it projects and smells super sexy. Love it!

mef
mef

امروز این ادوتوالت را ساعت 11 صبح روی پوست دستم امتحان کردم. الان که ساعت 20 است رایحه ی عالی آن را که کاملا کلاسیک ,مدرن, مردانه هستش احساس می کنم. این ادو توالت بسیار خوشبو و متناسب با شخصیت افراد متشخص می باشدو بر خلاف رنگ روشن آبی آسمانی ادوتوالت های متداول که معمولا کم دوام می باشند , این یکی کاملا بادوام و مطبوع است. محمود فرزانه

Idlehands

the first time i smelled this i thought it was common and uninspired. but after ditting here with it i can clearly see i was wrong. its mature yet modern but not femenine at all to me. classy classy
makes me think of being dressed for church or a dinner out but can be casual as well. ill be buying this soon.

Marciu

Compared to its succesor it's not synthetic nor generic at all. And I swear I detect tea in it, which reminds me of fresh top notes of Gucci PH II - kinda' like mix of violet leaf with citrus and a hint of tea (before the cinnamon-myrrhe combo swoops in).

A true modern and refined fragrance with a touch of classic. Highly reccommended.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This version was created as a tribute to the 1975 version. Therefore, different from the “intense” and “sport” versions, which should, in theory, revolve around the same fragrance, in Gentlemen Only the fragrance is new, seeking to incorporate the refinement and elegance of yore, in a modern and seductive approach.

That said, there's no reason for comparisons on the fragrances or about their styles. The previous one was conceived in the 80’s, whose market asked for a type of aroma. This, in turn, tries to keep these aspects, in addition to capturing the essence of the man of today.

Consists of output notes of birch leaf, green Mandarin, pink pepper and nutmeg. The body of the fragrance brings a trio of noble woods: vetiver, cedar and patchouli. The base of the fragrance contains incense and animalic notes, as described on my tester bottle as "skin accord".
The bottle is simple and classic at the same time. And heavy, by the way!

The fragrance opens with a fresh and spicy accord, in which the nutmeg is a mere supporting actress. During the initial minutes, the impression is: "another generic scent". And, in my opinion, this is the biggest surprise hidden in this perfume. After about 30 minutes, it shows itself more exquisite, with balanced notes of cedar and vetiver and features slightly sweet nuances that, now and again, made me believe that there was vanilla in its composition. Finally, the blend of woods and incense reigns and it is easy to notice that Gentlemen Only was thought over the self-confident man, which seeks elegance at all times.

An excellent wild card who lives in the world of woody fragrances, has a powerful sillage and lasts for more than 10 hours on the skin. As the name says, for gentlemen only.

Roman86
Roman86

I sprayed this on my hand about five times and was surprised at the similarities between it and Terre d'Hermes. Terre d'Hermes has longer longevity and sillage though. Gentlemen Only is a very nice fragrance but if you have to only own one then Terre d'Hermes would be my choice over Gentlemen Only.

Deefit
Deefit

The first time I smelled it was on a paper strip. I thought it was generic. Then I tried it on my skin for the second time this evening. Still found it generic.

But after 20 minutes, wow! Let me get back on this in details when I apply it again for a more proper, full wearing. It smells very clean, somehow.

prabhuvenugopal
prabhuvenugopal

spicy wood! It will give you warm feeling!

happyscent
happyscent

Givenchy Gentlemen only - this smells like orange-babypowder-patchouli-; it is really soft in the drydown and you smell clean

Fragrantica please enter this:

Gentlemen Only was made by Jean Jacques and Francis Kurkdjian.

Thank you.

Sam37
Sam37

could not understand why it has been classified as
a woody perfume! it is sweet, some red pepper,
could be an option for those ladies who like
to wear heavier perfumes therefore the name is
truly wrong! it is nice though, not for me, gave
it to my friend, he liked it.

didi baev
didi baev

Exquisite and delicious. For gentlemen only! Not for simpletons. Well done Givenchy!

Marciu

IMO it has nothing to do with Bleu de Chanel. Gentlemen Only is much smoother, less sharp, while in Bleu ginger, pepper and incense are "in your face", especially during first 2 hours. I'd say that in Bleu there's much going on in the opening, on the other hand Gentlemen Only has much more interesting drydown...

Sharks2431
Sharks2431

It is really nice. It is way better than the new linear smells in the market now. It is classy and not for spotty 1mln wearing teenagers.

Gault
Gault

A modern, boring vetiver fragrance. It reminds me of Bleu de Chanel, but this is one dimensional without the creaminess. Good addition to a plain white shirt I guess.

As far as the bottle goes, I totally understand and agree that they wanted a traditional, minimalist classy look for the bottle, but what they made is a huge fail, looks as compelling as a jar of pickles with a sticker on it.
I always liked Givenchy fragrances but they were always one step behind the great brands scentwise as designwise too.

orestes
orestes

Today i purchase 100 ml bottle,very good fragrance,modern and in good price,i recommend it!

stockbreak
stockbreak

I had a sample of this from sephora, a few months ago and just loved it. The smell just wafted around me all day and felt so good, never annoying, always comforting and peaceful. I want to get it, but its going into winter here in the northeast....not sure how it would perform in the cold months...this is on my list to gt though.

jtappenden
jtappenden

Givenchy at its best.Notes of mandarin,pepper,birch & vetiver.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Gentlemen Only is powdery, peppery, sweet, fresh, subtle and, oh, so refined. I am now truly a Givenchy junkie!

Gentlemen Only is quite powdery to my nose and so it sort of recalls other "old school" fragrances. I'm not quite sure where the powder effect is coming from, but I'm pleased that it's not of the sweet variety. Somewhat floral, but not that lipstick-iris type of note in DHI. Don't get me wrong, I like iris/orris, but it's a pretty distinctive note and it's popping up everywhere.
I like all the vetiver. I find the incense to be fairly understated.
Gentleman Only is masculine, but sort of sexless at the same time. Definitely office appropriate.

Nick M

Really enjoyed it the first time I smelled it, so naturally I picked up a sample. Thankfully I didn't do an impulse buy because I was over it after a few sprays. Initially it's like a spicy candy, but after a few minutes it turned sickeningly sweet on me. It seemed so original in the beginning, so be sure to let this one linger on your skin for a moment to see its true colors.

CigarBen
CigarBen

I really enjoy this scent. Nice woody, citrusy, peppery with some vetiver and a hint of incense to make it a little sharp. Nothing overbearing or mind blowing, but a very nice office/hanging out scent. Easy to wear and something that could be worn year around.

ppokpoon
ppokpoon

I have both the Gentleman and the Gentlemen Only by Givenchy. I love the classic Gentleman. For the Gentlemen Only, it is something different, but I like it anyway. To me, it smells like "sweet smoke", with moderate projection and longevity. It is fit for daytime and office wear. I recommend this one to those who want a decent fragrance. But don't expect too much from it.

Marciu

Now I know it's really a good fragrance. For my taste, it's woody-spicy. Except the opening - a little bit synthetic mandarin orange, I fell in love in it. Strangely(or maybe not)nutmeg appears later on my skin, along with pepper, and they're "having a good time" together :D But I know for sure that main players are vetiver - right from the start, and after the drydown incense takes the "leadership" from the vetiver. It really is unique, the only thing a little similar to GO that I know is Serge Lutens Gris Clair.

It will surely be one of my next purchases.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

I felt yesterday, it´s a fresh spicy woody but linear, appears a combo of nutmeg-peppery freshness in initial and plays a bit with vetiver and patch in drydown, but nothing to change this spicy freshness, a light touch of incense? Also found discrete, maybe a modern version without creativity of the traditional, the standard commercial creative today, a pitty!

brs
brs

giving this perfume the name of gentleman is something I really can't understand...this perfume is ordinary, nothing to see with gentleman;
but when the company hat nothing to say about the perfume they engage an actor ......

hadrian
hadrian

Definitely, a nice perfume for men - but, sincerely, "comparaison n'est pas raison" with the classic Givenchy's Gentlemen, which remains the best of the house.
Gentlemen Only is a pleasant frag, but IMO it will never be a classic - as GG is, until today.
I can't see any resemblance with Terre d'Hermes (!?) - wich is no so bad. We speak about a Givenchy - and at least the fans of the house will be curious to taste it or to buy it. It's what the creators hoped, I'll say.
Briefly, some vetiver at the begining, and some orange-musk at the end - with some wood all over the way.
Was supposed that Givenchy could give us something better.
A logical 8+/10.

Marciu

OK, now after many tests I can tell that I see (I mean I can smell) slight resemblance to its predecessor, Gentleman. It's about the woodines that comes from patchouli, I guess, but here patchouli is covered by the mandarin.

Vetiver definitely dominates in the second phase/stage, which makes it more woody, less aromatic, however pepper and nutmeg from the top notes are also detectable.

And as I've said before - the base is brilliant! Very clear incense (but not the churchy-one like in Loewe 7 or Armani Prive Bois d'Encense) that moves all around my skin. That's what I love the most in it!

"Magnetic" cap could be done better though :)

roll4fun
roll4fun

Recent trip to mall dept. store: My original intention was to try out the original "Gentleman" version. Since the store didn't carry this anymore, I opted to try the new "Gentlemen Only".

Right off the bat, I got the scent shouting "Buy me, buy me!" What was that "something" that did it ? I certainly noticed the spicy notes with a touch of pepper. Yet the fragrence had a certain pleasing smoothness to it. Maybe the incense did it, I really don't know. I do know that I liked this as a stand alone fragrance. Just to be sure, I sprayed some D&G "The One" on my other inner elbow, then the "Gentlemen" version of T1, and some other frag that I don't recall on my remaining wrists. Even hours later, the initial impression held vs. the other frags.

I made online purchase,I get moderate sillage and about 5-6 hours longevity. Still early in the game to gauge compliments, but I'm liking it so far.

Let me tell you first that I've used many fragrances from the House of Givenchy. The Xeryus, Incense Ultramarine and Gentlemen have been my favorite fragrances to date. Newly launched this year, the Gentlemen Only smells not so powerful as the already classic Gentlemen, but I like it anyway. Its woody, smoky and earthy aroma reminds me slightly of the Terre d'Hermes. But unlike the Terre d'Hermes, the Gentlemen Only has no citrus or orange smell. IMO, this one is suitable for any kind of clothing, whether formal or casual, and for any occasion. Its sillage and longevity are fairly great. In summary, this is a modern and all-round fragrance for men by Givenchy.

LookOut
LookOut

The vetiver in this perfume is very strong. That made it a big big no for me though. I can see what Bunino means with it being Terre d'Hermes without the mandarin. Although in TdH, at least the vetiver toned down a bit after a while. In Gentlemen Only, it stays strong throughout.

Too bad, because normally I'm a big fan of incense and pink pepper ...

SDVHC
SDVHC

Bright and (for me) a bit too sweet... still in the acceptable range. It's a simple perfume, honest, not expensive...

I think that is perfect for the months like April, May... in the morning when isn't too hot or too cold work very well.

Quite uninspiring this... I'm not suprised it has a lot of people saying the same, pleasant but very reminsant of something you've smelled before and not really bringing anything new to the table.
I am however suprised that it's likened Gentlemen only to YSL L'Homme Libre. I'll have to have another try of this because that might just be what it reminds me of...and in that case I LOVE IT! haha.
No I'm sure it's not that similar...and this is okay but didn't grab me at all.
On a different note The face of the campaign Simon Baker who is cool in the mentalist.
Update: d'ya know what? It's not half bad this I totally agree with the review above it's like 'orangey-babypowdery-patchouli' pretty much nails it extremely clean vetiver and pink pepper. I stick to what I said originally it's a crowd pleaser and you're not going to stick out wearing it. From an insane opening of bizarre top notes, bitter, sweet almost musky strangeness that takes a good while to settle into powdersville. After that the dry down gets more masculine (nowhere near the original 'Gentlemen' but...) still not enjoyable for me and would get on my nerves if I wore it myself. The very deep dry down is masculine almost animal musk when all that powder subsides but it's too little too late. Longevity is not bad.

Bunino
Bunino

THIS IS LITERALLY Terre d'Hermes with no orange in it. If you liked Terre d'Hermes but couldn't stand the orange... this is it. You're welcome.

Terranova0
Terranova0

This frag reminds me of Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne. A lot.

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

August 8th, 2013.

Differently from its old brother Givenchy Gentleman, which has been praised by thousands of voices, Gentlemen Only has nothing, absolutely nothing new or different to offer us.

Is it good? Yes. It is fresh, beautiful, clean... Special? Not, as I said.

You have probably tried the same notes and ingredients in many other fragrances out there: vetiver, incense, some patchouli and some spices. And as Miranda Priestley (in The Devil Wears Prada movie) would say: that's all. And nothing more - I add.

If you really want to test it, I agree you have the right to do so. But once you have tried it you will recall some previous experience with some other product. You will say: mmm..., I've "seen" this before.

If you really like it, an advice: look for a more affordable similar.

Marciu

@hameedbilal - the noses behind Gentlemen Only from Givenchy are Francis Kurkdjian and Jean Jacques.

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

This is a great fragrance in my honest opinion
I don't know why it gets so much bashing
Please don't compare it with the original maybe that's the mistake on givenchy`s part to name it similar ton the classic
GGO is great on its own
In times when u shell out $200+ for some fragrance where you have to watch out for good batches.....this is an amazing fragrance.....
I love the fruity and smoky incense combo on this perfume....lingers
And its soothing......try it out
Worth it

I would like to know the nose behind this fragrance to look at his other works.... If anyone knows plus let me know

Marciu

IMHO this frag doesn't deserve bashing. However, it has rather nothing to do with the legendary Gentleman from 1974, at least to my nose. Gentleman is woody (mainly patchouli) aromatic -leathery with a lot of honey and rose. This one here is woody (patchouli and vetiver mainly, but not so much patchouli as in its predecessor) - spicy aromatic (nutmeg, pepper) - smoky (really a lot of incense on my skin!) with a hint of sweet mandarin orange in the beggining.

Good job Mr Kurkdjian and Mr Jacques!

aliks
aliks

Nothing to do with and not in the same league as Givenchy Gentleman, except the bottle.

The blue color of the juice is great, looks young and dynamic. I love it.

The scent is great upon the first spray : spicy and fruity at the same time; it turns out into something rather common after a few hours, not bad but very common and sporty. I tried it on warm weather an I think it is when this eau de toilette is best used, or after sport on a warm skin. I feels dynamic and tonic, but nothing more.

The start is really promsing though, but it ends up as a supermarket cheap cologne.

As far as the name "Gentlemen" is used, one could have expected something a bit more grown up, more mature and classy.

I will keep it but only for summer, office or after sport to feel dynamic but when I am not looking for something more present or complex.

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Gentlemen Only is fantastic in all areas. It's just a great scent that is easy and fun to wear and very nicely balanced. It has that wonderful desirable quality in fragrances of wanting to sniff your wrists and arms all day. The use of incense is spot on great and the bottle and juice is quite appealing as well. This is one of the best from Givenchy in many years.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Gentlemen Only by Givenchy may not be the most ground breaking fragrance, but it sure as hell is a respectable fragrance. When I sampled this on my skin, it was gentle and light, but pleasing. It is far from loud and does not scream for attention; in fact it's pretty laid back. If there is anything that screams masculine, it is Gentlemen Only by Givenchy. I think this would work on a man that has a rather calm and laid back personality, like myself. Therefore, I believe that this fragrance does not deserve this kind of bashing because it actually is a really nice fragrance.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

Cool Water by way of Aspen. Nice, but terribly unoriginal and not what I expected from Givenchy.

kpv
kpv

I've had this cologne for about 10 days now. I've worn it everyday to the office, out to the store, and in social situation (bars and to grab dinner). 5 of the 10 days wearing this cologne I received compliments. Most of this compliments were "You smell amazing!" Longevity and sillage are not a concern of mine with this cologne due to the fact that it last a while on my skin and there has been notice of the scent in passing by. Not overpowering at all and it does not seem to be offensive to others. To me Gentlemen Only is Earthy, musky, woody,fresh and Spicy/Semi-citrusy (make sense?). This cologne is not "pretentious", if that makes sense. It is gentlemanly in the sense that it put out a "vibe" or "persona" of the wearer being humble yet confident with some mystery. Overall, I enjoy Gentlemen Only and so do others. I am very happy with my purchase.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

First off: Please can whoever 'masterminded' a rip open promotional sachet (from a magazine in UK) with actual fragrance liquid (about 1.5ml) rethink the results of such a crass "packaging"?
I spilled all content over my hands and clothing in the belief it was a 'mouchoir': one of those old skool paper tissues dunked in the juice, but oh no, they just put the juice right in?!? WTF?

This is an entirely different scent from the iconic "Gentleman" that I actually do not like (too cloying). Normally, just like with cars, I prefer the original classic. Ironically, in this case I prefer this modern update.

It is a pleasant, elegant, yet slightly 'corporate' scent, trying to fit into the CHANEL Bleu clientele, actually representing 'the poor man's Bleu' (yet to be fair at the rate designer commercial fragrances are increasing in price this might only be marginally cheaper than 'Bleu').

It is a good alternative to Marc Jacob's 'BANG!', Cartier's 'Roadster', Tom Ford's 'Grey Vetiver', CHANEL 'Bleu' or 'Egoiste platinum', D&G "The One Gentleman', or Bulgari or any M.O.R. 'corporate' designer scents.

Safe to wear to any job interview; as well as to a first neutral date.

Not ground-breaking but surprisingly good compared to most other M.O.R. fragrances out there.

It is however still sad to see how Givenchy, that used to be like Madonna in the fashion world, constantly breaking new grounds by challenging the status quo in the never-ending quest of pushing the envelope, continues to stumble alone the down-beaten path of mediocrity.

I want the old Givenchy brand DNA back! This is way too tame and safe for me!

7.5 out of 10 compared to other mass market products.
2 /10 compared with pre-LVMH take-over brand DNA.

summerwong13
summerwong13

It's quite spicy

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

I liked the commercial at Sephora. It had a little cute black umbrella made of plastic behind the bottle on display. The commercial looked good too. Gentlemen Only, what a nice name. I expected something that would make me feel "Mmmm, this guy's a rare breed. I'd love to snuggle up with him (haha.)".

Unfortunately, this is rather run of the mill. It blends perfectly in the sea of spicy-aquatic male colognes you can get at Sephora. However, I think it has a certain smoothness to its spicy-aquatic notes that makes it smell more luxurious and of a better quality.

Definitely a safe scent. But if you're looking for something distinctive, it's not it.
Gentlemen Only? Perhaps, if you mean Gentlemen by men who have good personal hygiene and smell decent, like this cologne.

Verdict: Not too shabby, but not too great either.

jivanshi
jivanshi

Funny how the "people who like this also like" column does not contain ... the original Givenchy Gentleman! So much for the homage bit ;)
As for myself, I consider the original 74 Gentleman the best fragrance I've smelled so far. Or smelled of ;)

scenturian
scenturian

Tried today, somehow reminded me legendary Insense which I love so much. I want to try again soon.
First impression, quite good.

mikey1010
mikey1010

I get the (very slight) homage to the original. But the spicey notes are mixed in with a syrupy candy floss and later, almost a lemon sorbet note but without the lemons, if that makes sense. After the top notes, it briefly moves on to middle notes but seems to skip out the base and go straight to the fade out that you would get if you had sprayed it on over 12 hours earlier. Strangely, there is also something that reminds me of when my mother used to wear Coco Chanel. I will probably wear it again, but I definitely wouldn't buy it again. Nice bottle but fragrance is a big disappointment in my view. I almost want to wash it off and go back to my usual Tom Ford.

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

I have yet to smell the actual fragrance, but the sample that came in my boyfriend's GQ was magnificent.

nonsisa
nonsisa

Stangenware!

Beware of this fella. It doesn't smell anything like the accord pyramid suggests. The scent makes more the impression of having cheap ingredients. Personally I would not recommend it unless you're a fan of cheap aquatic fragrances.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

The top notes of this scent are really woody. It reminds me of an old man's scent. The scent ends up smelling nice when it settles down after an hour or so. Be careful overspraying as this is quite strong.

Mssr Lapin
Mssr Lapin

First fragrance I have ever bought. Went around counter and spritzed a few different ones on the cards. This one smelled clean and inoffensive to me. I'm very turned off by overpowering colognes. They say smell triggers memories, and this one did like a bolt from the blue. Hard to place it, but it reminded me of someplece - a lake in Canada I used to summer at - or maybe someone (since after reading some reviews I learn there was an original Gentleman in the early seventies.) So I just liked it and bought it.

zorans

Gentlemen Only Givenchy. On the small sritz tester that I`we used it`s written WOODY NEO AROMATIC.A modern and elegant fragrance imbued with an unsettling sensuality.
I will agree with this description.Indeed this sentence describes it wery well.
Notes according to Givenchy: Birch leave, Trilogy of precious Woods (Cedar wood-Pathchouli Heart-Vetiver), Skin Accord.
I am certainly buying this one.
As far as modern fragrances go this one is quite unique.The smell is nice and uplifting,airy,watery,cool,woody,slightly gentle fruity accord...You can feel this scent all the time while wearing,but you can`t catch it.It`s wraps you,it`s around you,others can smell it too...All the goodness of this fragrance is in the air around you.You can`t get it it`s best by snifing the hand but,by breathing.Modern,very masculine,gentleman,suit or casual,day and night,all year around.
As with comparison to the legendary Givenchy Gentlemen,Gentlemen Only is different.And it should be.It`s 21 st century not `70 s.We should enjoy modern offerings too, as they are part of our modern living.
I am not telling to support all those clones of fragrances that appear each year,cheap and sinthetyc,but Gentlemen only is good one and it deserves admiration.I thing this is the best offering past two years.At list Gentlemen only is note 1 milionish,ch-ish, balck xs-ish,...Ish.
Gentlemen only is very well blended fragrance and creates a harmony.I will recomend to anyone 30+.The only thing that I wish is Gentlemen only to be reacher.I hope that Givenchy will launch some EDP version soon that will have more bones and muscles.

zorans

Gentlemen only by Givenchy is made by Francis Kurkdijan and Jean Jasques.Soon the review will folow

Marciu

@hermyonee : what's the name of the perfumer that made this?

hermyonee
hermyonee

I like this new version, it's clean and modern; I met the guy who made this one actually, ;) very nice person, I like his work! This is a classy easy to wear, office-freindly frag'.

kenney77
kenney77

Amazing smell love the opening very fresh and clean good job givenchy wanna buy this soon

Riverwide
Riverwide

Not remotely original or striking, but what it lacks in originality, it makes up for in elegance, quality and class. Not a powerhouse or sillage monster, but this lasts for a few hours on skin, and longer again on clothing.

I'd place it in the same category as Prada's Infusion d'Homme. If you want to smell clean, fresh and elegant, then you can't go wrong with this one.

This very much reminds me of Clinique's Chemistry.

nszlufik
nszlufik

reminds me of elements of terre d'hermes and maybe the smokyness youd find of gucci by gucci Pour homme. at first ithought it smelled boring, old man-ish. I gave it a little time and found it dries down to a very versatile and classy scent. title fits perfectly. doesnt scream at you but its got an understated smooth smell of power and masculinity. I love that it cant be confused with a unisex or womens frag. Aint too airy and fresh or too citrusy (to where you can tell it is citrusy - even though it has mandarin in it) and it isnt sweet or fruity. It is in a class of its own almost - much different than 1 million, Eros and all those other 'look at me' frags.

Marciu

I've tried it several more times. And finally I can define Givenchy Gentlemen Only as a perfume that you can easily wear whole year round. However in spring and summer its best use is as an evening fragrance. When it's colder, you can wear it through the day also, I did so. It's not about that it's a heavy one, no! It's something between light and heavy perfume, a kind of hybrid I'd say. It's well blended, that's for sure.

So, all in all, it's still a must have for me :)

pjd1234
pjd1234

ive smell this today nothing special i sprayed it like 4-5 times to sample it. i love the bottle design though classy, juice nothing unique in my opinion just your regular aquatic perfume. id say aquatic on the mature side. i imagine myself in a suit and tie in a hot tropical city. im not saying that i dont like it theres just no wow factor for me heres my rate.
longevity 7/10 4-6 hrs great for an aquatic frag
projection 7/10 does project for 2 hours
uniqueness 6/10 give us something new please gamble a little.
over all smell 7/10 not bad safe scent
price vs quality 6/10 75 usd on this one
versatility summer

Na0
Na0

Aaahhh. At least a new designer masculine fragrance which IS NOT macho and "Hey, i'm here ! I have balls of steel, and I smell woody-spicy mess !"

Looks like a fresh incense with a subtle musky touch, reinforced by a strong but discrete orange/patchouli duet.

Yes, it's woody, yes it's very masculine... But it's pleasant to have, in 2013, a mainstream house which have audacity to make a classy and elegant perfume.

I'm fed up with all those fresh/spicy/woody generic things, and this one brings back memories of 1970-80s, when mainstream male fragrances were sophisticated, bold, masculine but sensual.

I don't know how smell the original one, but this one honors old GENTLEMEN perfumes so well !

Smell : 4 / 5
Versatility : 4 / 5
Longevity : 4 / 5
Projection : 3 / 5

Overall : 15 / 20

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

Since this fragrance pays tribute to a classic, it's wrong to expect something new and different. Up to here, OK, The top reminds of too many well known perfumes but the scent is really pleasant and fills entirely your nose with slightly warm aromatic notes. I've tested this scent on my forearm during a temperate morning and after ten minutes it turned off, like the traces of a joyful smell, the morning after: just a tiny sweet wooden touch. Unfortunately I didn't keep the blotter for tracking the fragrance down on paper, in case my skin was the trouble. I'll be retrying soon.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I wore it for the first time today and I love it. It smells fresh, clean and masculine. It is perfect for the office or a dinner date. Elegant verses playful. Good work Givenchy!

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

Nada nuevo, es otro perfume que "huele rico" nada mas. Si es elegante?? Si. No te sacara nada de caballero, solo el dinero. Pero me confunde un poco... Tiene un toque de frescor pero tambien es elegante... Acaso sera posible que: Elegancia + Frescura = Buen resultado??
Talves Givenchy ha creado una obra maestra y no nos damos cuenta... O solo es uno mas del montón.
En todo caso, es rico, delicioso, fresco y a la vez elegante(increíble!!), si te gusta Muy bien!! Compralo, pero si tienes dudas no lo pienses mas NO lo compres, luego te arrepentirás.

Palosanto
Palosanto

I think that Givenchy nailed it... in the graphic and advertising department.

What do I mean? The original Gentleman is a golden liquid, contained in a restrained but elegant flacon. The graphic ad for it showed a walking, smiling, gorgeous and very elegant woman being assisted with an umbrella by a -not shown- tuxedo clad man. One could easily imagine Cary Grant holding the umbrella. But it was not about him, it was all about her. Not a hint of "me, me , me...!". Everything conveyed the idea of genuine manly refinement and chivalry, especially towards a lady in distress. Exactly what Gentleman smells like.

On the other hand... Gentlemen only. A drab, grey, nondescript liquid in an equally uninspired version of the original flacon. The graphic ad half-shows a dull greyish background. There is this red clad (annoyed?) and distraught woman. She is just there, standing. She doesn't seem to move. What is she waiting for? Someone else? We cannot know. And then there is Mr. Baker (no Cary Grant, for sure) springing there, at the front stage, with his umbrella, under the rain. In the central spot. All seems to be about him and his... courtesy? One could not tell. He does not show that he is enjoying the protection he gives, she does not seem to appreciate it. At all. She seems inconvenienced. But it is all about him. All very conflicting.

All in all, this scene carries a sort reminiscence of the scene of old...

The same happens with the perfume. Yes, it does have an air of the original Gentleman in the drydown... but it is not him. It is not altogether bad. But it isn't good either. He just does not have a personality, it's only a younger, conflicted, narcissistic, grey and ultimately boring version of the real thing.

maab
maab

Please Givenchy: offer something new and original. "Gentlemen Only" smells to a collection of perfumes already known.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Solid fragrance. A floral vibe I get from this. In my opinion it should be worn at the office or at a dinner with a white button up shirt, summer time. It's elegant. It lasts a good time. Projection is moderate. Try it.

malcner
malcner

After previously trying this on my wrist, I tried this on my body for the first time today...
I was looking forward to trying it ever since I saw it in a magazine. It looks great, like an updated version of Gentleman. Nice bottle, nice colour juice, nice ad with Simon Baker (who I like). Everything was looking good...
Unfortunately though, it was a huge let down!
I don't know why they have marketed this as an update on Gentleman, there is absolutely no relation whatsoever. There is nothing gentlemanly about it. In fact, it is more "young lad in his early 20's on a night out". Seriously. Modern, yes, but terribly generic with mass market appeal in mind.
Like it was previously said, this is so familiar and blends in so well with other sweet and fruity modern scents. Very modern, young, light and inoffensive....like so many others. I'm 23 and I hate this kind of stuff. Boring.
It looks good on paper, but all I get is sweetness, almost like bubblegum. Nothing spicy or balmy to my nose.
My mate, who wears the atrocious Calum Best fragrances (he's not into perfume and they are cheap!) He thinks they smell alike, and to be honest I'd have to agree with him! That will give you an idea of what to expect. To be fair it's not as bad as they are, but it just goes to show that he couldn't tell the difference between Givenchy Gentlemen Only and a generic sweet and fruity fragrance...

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

This is a solid, if somewhat generic, mass-market scent. it will remind you of lots of other juices you've tried. The drydown is not offensive (like so many mass-market scents) and the opening notes are not without interest. Longevity seems to be okay - though not much in the way of sillage. It's nothing I'd ever purchase for myself, but it's nice to see a department store fragrance that makes an effort.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Smelled this today in Sephora and although I liked it, it definitely seems to have Fahrenheit (at least the current iteration of that fragrance) rather prominently in its DNA. It doesn't smell LIKE Fahrenheit per se. It's much fresher, fruiter, more floral, sweeter, and "refined" than that fragrance, but while I rather enjoyed it, I could only think to myself this smells too familiar, all too much like Fahrenheit to be worth owning. Good stuff, but definitely not outstanding either. A no buy for me.

7/10.

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

It's A Very Elegant Fragrance , and it's long lasting, but i don't feel it's very new, i can feel i smell something like it before , but i can't remember.
but generaly, it's very elegant, perfect for night winter ocassions.

distortech
distortech

Me loves me some Givenchy, but, Hubert de, this is not for me.

Ivano
Ivano

On paper it's almost the same as YSL L'Homme Libre except that this one tends to be peppery instead of leathery.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

I was hoping for so much better...

At first smell I thought it was a reformulated Bleu de Chanel, or YSL's L'Homme, or... Whatever.

Nothing special with that one. Highly disappointed.

PS. It doesn't smell bad, it's just... boring.

@Ivano : I think you've nailed it !

Marciu

Today I discovered the new face of Gentlemen only. I applied two sprays on my forearm and...

It was very green and woody, with very few(or none) amount of incense. When I was writing my first two reviews, the weather was cold. What I felt in GO, mainly were incense and mandarin. Today, I felt like it's composed mainly from vetiver, patchouli, birch leaf, cedar wood and a hint of nutmeg. No incense at all. And it lasted shorter.

Now I know that it's rather a scent for colder days, good for fall and winter. At least on my skin.

However, it's still on my wish list.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I finally had a chance to sample Gentlemen Only. At first I thought it was to heavy with a woodsy/peppery scent. After it dried back, it took on a real nice scent which I found a lot more pleasing. The aroma of pepper settled enough to enjoy the smoky balmy/musky scent with the aroma of patchouli coming through beautifully. I was able to smell a hint of citrus and incense which takes on a more fresh appeal in my opinion.

I read some of the comments trying to understand what is it that they really can't stand about this cologne. I get it!! you can't please everyone, but this cologne isn't what they make it out to be.
In the 70's-80's most of men's colognes took on a heavy musky aroma. In the 90's men's cologne experienced a trans from heavy to semi spicy more on the fresh side. Now a lot of the men's colognes don't have any staying power because there's less oils and a lot more alcohol. To me Gentlemen Only is an all year men's fragrance which is fresh enough during the day and strong enough with a musky/spicy scent for the evening

Maybe Gentlemen Only isn't the classic from way back, but it certainly has more body then a lot of the new men's cologne's have in the today's market.
I sprayed it on my skin over 8hrs and I can still enjoy the spicy/balmy scent it has. Longevity is excellent and so is sillage.

Overall, I would rate this cologne 9/10. It is an excellent men's cologne...I would certain consider this an excellent gift for someone who enjoys cologne's but your not sure what they like.
Thank You Givenchy for Gentlemen Only

thomkallor
thomkallor

Sniffed at Sephora NYC today. Forgive my unsophisticated language when I say YUCK! Very common, and very cloying. Sharp citrusy/vetiver notes clanging away on my hand - yes, I was stupid and I sprayed.

Ddhuney
Ddhuney

I'am a bit confused with this one. To me it is like they have put Bleu de Chanel and YSL L'Homme into one bottle. Maybe it is the magic of some new molecule that smells somewhat like ginger/incense/cedar.

The base of incense is actually right from the beginning present and it's quite linear. Anyhow, it certainly isn't unique. Not a projector, but rather again a safe office fragrance.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I got a sample of this when I purchased Alien Les Parfums de Cuir. No idea why they gave me it, maybe they saw me wandering through the men's section or maybe they just wanted to get rid of the samples.
Anyhow, I really enjoyed this fragrance. I don't think it's really "gentlemen"-like. That title belongs to Tom Ford for Men.
Gentlemen Only is just a little bit too fresh and light and casual.
It opens with a very nice and fresh mandarin note with a slightly bitter leafy note to keep it from getting too sweet. I can smell the nutmeg as well.
I get a lot of cedar in this fragrance, a lot of cedar and vetiver. Then the dry incense kicks in and gives this fragrance a lot of depth, but also something austere. Yet, there is still a lightness to it. That lightness somehow reminds me of a glimps of blue sky seen through tall trees in a dark Scandinavian forest. That image captures this fragrance perfectly.

gd15329

I finally bought this today...
1) I test it on strip (again) and I go... meeh... I leave and continue tour...
2) I go and buy M7 oud absolu...
3) I come back at the gentlemen only I re-sniff the strip... very nice... as I expect it. I finally buy it, and put it on my skin...
Result: Very nice from the beginning... (strong like the original gentlemen some moments)

It is different from recent releases. It's subtle and versatile. You have to give it a second chance.
Bottle-sprayer and package are excellent of course...

Maybe not a 10/10+ fragrance... (as I originally want it to be - because of "THE MENTALIST") but a very good daily choice (day and night - work or date)

I take back my previously not so good review and I think it's a good fragrance that it does what it suppose to.

-- George Dreamer 5/4/2013

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

I love this fragrance...it has some cool and refreshing top notes, the birch leaf and green mandarin, while the dry-down is much warmer and very smooth, great combination of woody, patchouli, vetiver and incense. Base notes have a waft of the mid notes, with a clean soapiness. I kept smelling my arms over and over to continue to get the intense, unique high I get from a fantastic scent. I am a visual person and I kept thinking of "purple" everytime I smelled Gentlemen Only (I think that might be something unique only to me though LOL). Very versatile; I'd wear it to work and in the evening for a sexy event. Buy it!

abraham.roberts
abraham.roberts

I just rubbed a little sample of this on my arm and I just can't stop sniffing it. It has a high-end clean aroma. I can't wait to get a big bottle tomorrow!

FSU92grad
FSU92grad

I don't smell ANY powder or balmy whatsoever.....Maybe he got a sample of Prada instead..It smells NOTHING like that fragrance....This one to me has got the citrus-woodsy vibe going on and to me, is my favorite Givenchy fragrance.....Im loving it so far...

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It's nice. Soft and powdery (at least that's how it starts) - the kind of thing Prada seems to do so well.

However, it dries down to that overused fresh scent I smell too often. (I wish I knew what it was. Some captive molecule perhaps?) It's not a bad scent, it's just that I'm a bit tired of smelling it.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

What a useless fragrance.

It has ZERO to do with the original. This is a cheap fruity generic mans fragrance but at the bottom of the barrel. That's pretty sad coming from Givenchy.

Funny enough longevity as a skin scent is decent even after I washed my hands.

Don't waste your time with this one. I walked through a crowded Macy's on Easter Weekend to get a whiff of this dud. I wish I didn't subject myself to the crowds.

olivedrah
olivedrah

I have loved it! Woody, it smells like incense, lightly peppery... casual or formal... it is more than this, eccentric and lovely, I'd say it.

frangellan
frangellan

I was out shopping today for a new buddy to wear the next couple of spring months. I smelled a few different competitors, among which D&G Pour Homme (reformulated), Dior Homme, Mugler Cologne, and this. I smelled this last and as soon as I did, I knew I had to buy it. It stands out for sure. Has a nice depth to it also. Gets you interested and keeps you there.

The juice's color matches perfectly with the vibe of the fragrance. Starts off very aromatic with the orange and pepper; cedar is noticeable too. No note is dominating. Dry down gives you the nice interplay between the incense, patchouli, nutmeg, and vetiver. The vetiver keeps it a little sharp and the incense/patchouli keep it deep and smoky.The musk stays in the background, which I think is a good thing. Ends off with a clean/soapy feel.

I can see myself wearing this during the day, to the office, and definitely at night, on a date, or with friends. It's got that versatility factor I always look for in my scents.

Definitely still under the radar and I hope it stays that way.

I'm going to be wearing a lot of this....

antonpan
antonpan

I must confess Gentlemen Only is a truly good fragrance. It is different from the most of recent releases either aquatics or sweet "1 Million" bombs. I would describe Gentlemen Only as subtle milky peppery in the style of L'Artisan Poivre Piquant, for example. What I feel is modern fruity semi-sweet molecules, a lot of pepper / incense with a woodiness in the dry down. The result is a bit soapy, though elegant soft woody peppery scent. The longevity is inposing. Highly recommend.

gd15329

Simon is gorgeous and charming, but in what universe is this Givenchy?
I was waiting for this big time I had so many expectations...

Everything is perfect (the spot, the music, the idea, the actor) except the fragrance... why...? I wish I knew...
I'm sorry Givenchy...

Smells like wet-grass with a bit of citrus.
Not a really bad fragrance but just wearable...

Simon Baker and this campaign and name (Gentlemen Only - I love the power of that statement) deserved much-much more...

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

update:
1) Excuse the duplicate - something must have gone bad with the copy/paste-login/timeout -- I can not delete the "guest"
2) Odd fact: The second day, the tester-strip smells better than the first day...

Simon is gorgeous and charming, but in what universe is this Givenchy?
I was waiting for this big time I had so many expectations...

I'm sorry Givenchy...

Smells like wet-grass with a bit of citrus.
Not a really bad fragrance but just wearable...

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

kl99
kl99

Only now I can understand a sentence I heard yesterday into a perfumery:

(There were two women talking about a certain tv spot)
"Have you seen the spot? Sure, he goes to a supermodel in red to protect her from the rain. He definetly did not choose a middle aged woman with two shopping bags and laddered stockings. What a gentleman!" ..and now I laugh properly.

One of the most stupids advertisement of this world. Mr Baker looks inexpressive like a doll, lifted by photoshop, under the rain that do not touch him like he was a ghost, and having a gioconda's smile like on overdose of benzodiazepine (xanax).

But the fragrance deserves attention, pungent incense, metallic muscade, embracing musk. Some shadows of the 80s, some turns on niche ones, while not diverting attention from the classic, a very good job. It make me think to a modern fashinating Count Dracula. Really: artistic, but not excentric, very weareable.

I just reproach that this must be the three-hundredth perfume of Givenchy in the last two years!

Remember me a bit: Gris Clair - Lutens; Iris Sauvage - Cardin

Marciu

The opening of this fragrance is boring for me - I get only mandarin(maybe with a birch leaf, hard to say...) with a hint of nutmeg, I don't register any pepper, unfortunately.
Later on the frag is getting warmer and more interesting - a bit woody in the heart and... yes! I love the base of it. It's such a beautiful, smooth incense, I absolutely love it!

Longevity is very good, more than 8 hours, sillage and projection are also good.

I like it very, very much and it's a must have for me.

JodieW1992
JodieW1992

This is a big hit with the ladies that work in our store - lovely, lovely. Well done Givenchy!

kamikaze702k
kamikaze702k

Tried this few days ago, to be honest, its nothing special, its ok but nothing great, sorry givenchy

overal rating 2/10

pknbgr
pknbgr

No, it's not modern homage to the classic fragrance of the house - Givenchy Gentlemen from 1974. It's something new. But nice and interesting. Original is better. But original beat everything. It's masterpiece. Gentlemen Only is another modern elegance fragrance.

giangio

fuggerone

nice and a bit formal, for safe use only! 8/10

Giv1952
Giv1952

that sounds interesting :)) cannot wait :)

ZELJO
ZELJO

love the original, so cannot wait to try that one

Aroma d'Latino
Aroma d'Latino

Base and middle notes make me want to try this cologne, the lovely bottle is pushing me to buy it regardless. If smells as good as it looks this could become a hot seller.

sameh
sameh

I honestly don't have the old version but i have some Givenchy fragrances , they r all awesome .
I like the notes of it , so im ganna cross my fingers till i test it !!!

Gentlemen Only by Givenchy 3.82 out of 5 based on 437 ratings and 127 user reviews

Deodorant 5oz
Givenchy Gentlemen Only 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Gentlemen Only 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Gentlemen Only Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Givenchy Gentlemen Only Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Gentlemen Only fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Gentlemen Only, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gentlemen Only by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gentlemen Only by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.