Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Gentlemen Only Casual Chic Givenchy for men
dislike

leather
Gentlemen Only Casual Chic Givenchy for men Videos
Gentlemen Only Casual Chic Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Casual Chic Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Casual Chic Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Casual Chic Givenchy for men Pictures

Masculine fragrance Gentlemen Only by Givenchy from 2013 is a modern homage to the classics of the house—Givenchy Gentlemen from 1974. After the original, Gentlemen Only Intense was launched in early 2014 and in early 2015 we have a new edition called Gentlemen Only Casual Chic.

Gentlemen Only Casual Chic is a fresh woody and spicy fragrance. Seductive and elegant, it is designed for a relaxed, charming and witty man of style. Top notes include a refreshing tonic of cardamom, ginger and juniper. The comfortable heart contains woody notes of birch and cedar. Its seductive base includes sandalwood and ambroxan.

Actor Simon Baker continues to be the cover face of this line. The light blue bottle is decorated with orange details. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean Jacques.

Juniper Ginger Cardamom Geranium Nutmeg

Live Jazz

Gentlemen Only Casual Chic Fragrance Reviews

Nick M
Nick M

The original Gentleman Only is enjoyable but a tad too candy sweet for me; this version manages to temper that sweetness while maintaining the overall foundation. Thankfully they didn't go overboard with the "freshness" and this is still wearable year round in my opinion.

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

If I found Givenchy Men Only generally very pleasant but a little, dare I say, modest (nondescript could be putting it a bit strongly), I can at least say this isn't the case with Casual Chic. The moment I put nose to skin I was quite absorbed. Jean Jacques has worked some magic here. Casual Chic stands aside from the usual fresh summer choices because there is no citrus. Replaced by ginger. And it works. Just a different take. I would call it interesting fresh.

The choice of ginger is sublime and gives it some stimulating vibe right away. After ginger, the juniper, cardamom, nutmeg and mint are the most immediately noticeable. I cant say I've really noticed vanilla. In other words it isn't at all sweet. Neither is the finish overtly woody; instead more reminding me of a moisturiser smell. It has been quite linear throughout. However, the composition is as simple as it is beautifully nuanced.

It has very modest projection and consequently is pretty unobtrusive. All the same, I've loved every moment of the 4+ hours (possibly longer) its lasted on my arm in pleasantly warm British summer weather.

Personally, I think it's good for day or night. As a life-long wearer of Givenchy Gentleman I'll say this exudes Givenchy quality. Early impression is that it has acceptable longevity. A nice summer scent and a little different from the usual choices. Perhaps not a style of scent I've habitually explored, this Givenchy creation has actually got my attention. Definitely minded to wear this.

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 8/10
sillage : 7/10
longevity :7/10
80% day/ 20% night fragrance
a mix between chanel blue and YSL l,homme

Rorshach1004
Rorshach1004

Not terribly overpowering, it's a fresh scent with some ginger, nice for the hotter months, and worth purchasing if you are after an inoffensive summer day scent.

GRAF
GRAF

Casual Chic is clearly a light fresh, woodsy, citrus and spicy summer-spring scent. It has a pinch of freshly-mown hay or something like that, fresh green. Very versatile for any hour of the day, casual as it says. The longevity is just nice, about 6 hours max and the sillage is moderate.
The most distinguished notes are vivid juniper, vivid ginger, vivid cardamon, coumarin, birch, sandalwood, but I do not get any levander or vanilla.
Generally a perfect fragrance for hot weather, one of my favourite summer scents of all times!! And I am very eclectic and difficult when choosing a hot weather scent..
I hope they make an ADP version. It worth buying that and I am happy for choosing Casual Chic.

gillbert
gillbert

i get the most are ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, mint and lavender in the top to the heart note. really fresh and at the same time warm. in dry down, i get tonka bean, sandalwood, vetiver and vanilla. it's warmy, sweet and woody. i agree this perfume is woody spicy orientation. i love the juice. longevity and sillage are moderate.

Onria

Rocking this spicy scent right now, love it, so unique, so manly, so different.
Was always turned away, by the bad reviews, but I am glad I looked into this one.
Love the ginger and juniper note, such a clean scent, projection is okay and longevity not so bad either, good standard for a fresh scent.
Ties in well with my suit attire, blue gingham shirt, navy tie, pin stripe slacks, blue banded watch, and, my casual Chic ;)

joenick68
joenick68

This is awesome, I am surprised!, it has become one of my fave's from Givenchy, it has a nice sort of loud opening but is so enjoyable all the way to the dry down, I gets noticed and complemented right away. I was expecting something nice but this is much nicer than I thought. I can't compare it with the Gentleman only because I do not have it, but I have the Gentleman only intense, but they are totally different.
Whom ever said in the reviews down there that this is a citrus blast or something similar I think there is something wrong with their sense of smell because there are no citruses listed in the notes, but a nice list of woody and spicy components. I won't go in detail of which one comes and goes first since I'm not qualified for that, but is a blast of nice elements, but not citruses. I like citruses fragrances too of course, but this is not one of them.
It was a total blind buy, and very happy with it.
Thumps up!

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

Woody, fresh and slightly sweet. It's not overwhelming and loud, definitely suitable for a modern and classy gentleman that has no need to scream. I would say that projection is soft to moderate and lasting power is surprisingly good for an edt. In my opinion this is the best of the Gentlemen series. I like it so much that I'm gonna give it as a gift to a very very special person ❤

Forget Freeman
Forget Freeman

Got a sample of this free with some purchases (just given randomly) and have to say really liked it.

Wonderful fresh scent, you can tell it's of a high quality.

Longevity was really good for me and the name is spot on, a casual scent for a gentleman.

Will be looking into getting a bottle of this once I get the chance

abderrahim
abderrahim

Hello Guys, I think they should rename it " very irresistible". Qualitative, clean in beast mode...

Thank heavens Givenchy don't completely follow in the footsteps of other designer brands because when you think about it Pi and Play are quite unconventional male fragrances and then they have older classics like Gentlemen and Xeryus. The original Gentlemen Only is inoffensive and has never compelled me to purchase but this flanker of a flanker (of sorts) I have to say I really enjoyed.
I don't really know what it is about casual chic that I was so impressed with because it's pretty standard fare. I think I was just glad it was a gagging, confused mess.
The opening focuses on a peppered, fizzy gin & tonic juniper vibe which is just as refreshing as citruses and coupled well with the ginger which is fresh and spicy at the same time.
I immediately associate that feeling with Dior Homme Sport a fragrance I rarely wear but when I do always enjoy.
The base seems to be a more grown up hint of smokey birch and synthetic cedar which is masculine and works well behind those top notes.
Lasting power is average and silage light but I'd say this is a decent fragrance and surpassing the original for sure in my book.

evacecilias
evacecilias

Gentlemen only...
Says who ?
Tired of these stereotypes still hanging around in certain businesses.
Givenchy - better shape up !
I might get it one day...

Cause I like the blend!

lostindistillation
lostindistillation

Unique, relaxing, care-free...perfect for spring & summer, daytime use...it just makes you smile.

There's nothing quite like it on the market, its freshness is not a classic citrusy one, but rather a spicy, fizzy one. The result is quite surprising and pleasant.

Plus, I love the orange :) a beautiful touch of color in my bathroom.

Creamy sandalwood in the base makes this a super sexy, comfortable fragrance. +++ Ambroxan, hello!!

Doesn't project enormously but leaves behind a gorgeous and elegant trail.

davide2111
davide2111

Profumo non male: Ginger, Ginepro e legno di cedro su tutte le note. Profumo da primavera ed estate molto fresco, non banale con il suo perchè. Consigliabile
Longevità 8/10
Sillage 7/10
Profumo 7/10

Blanc'd
Blanc'd

I think Casual,, Chic- and Givenchy Gentlemen Only- are two solid offerings from the Givenchy house. Both are classy and have a subtle freshness that is airy and light.

Casual Chic has a strong, pleasant citrus opening which develops into a spicy, woody scent with a touch of vetiver. To be worn in warmer weather and dressed down- quite stylish if known how to wear it. Performance is moderate, but the warmer weather will enhance the scent.

Gentlemen Only is a bit more intense, with the vetiver playing the prominent note. And it's a nice, earthy vetiver too. It also develops into a spicier scent, good for both warm and cooler weather. Again, performance is moderate.

I'm truly disappointed with Intense. It reminds me of a resinous grape syrup and doesn't evolve into a smoky scent- at least on my skin. I wanted to like it but am so glad I gave it a fair sampling. It's the least favorite of these 3 offerings.

I'm happy to own the 1st 2. They're very pleasant fragrances that when worn properly and having realistic expectations are really nice scents to have in your collection.

Supremescent
Supremescent

I like every single thing about this frag.Every Givenchy product I have tried works very well on my skin, this happens to be the finest in my opinion. It may not be for everyone but hey!!! there is many frags' out there to meet everyone's need. Enjoy what you like,I am. :-)

jaimy.michiels
jaimy.michiels

Today i got this sample with the YSL La nuit de l'homme i bought today. If you spray it for the first time you smell instantly a burst of citrus. But then i washed it off with water and damn.. It smelled so goood, this probally is going to smell like the dry down. Very smooth, fresh, casual. Just lovely i would really recommend it.

Scent at the beginning: 7/10 Way too much cirtus
Dry down: 9/10 No joke, probally gonna buy this when my YSL is empty.

Onria

This scent has eluded and confused me for some time now, every time I went to sample this at a major retailer, I left unsure if I liked, disliked or loved it.
I have now spent 5 occasions tested this out and I have finally realised that I do like this scent, so I purchased.

It quite unique in my opinion, so very fresh and clean, just like the bottle, it can be hard to describe the notes in my opinion, I get the vetiver, the juniper and the ginger.

Well blended and worth the purchase.

simon.edwards
simon.edwards

Beautiful. To me, a freher, cleaner, fruiter version of Dior's Eau Sauvage. I actually find it quite sweet & lemony, which is probably the accord made by the juniper and ginger mixing with the geranium and woodsy notes. On dry-down the vetiver comes through more. Moderate longevity, and projection will be however much you choose to spray on of this rather delicious juice. In all seriousness, just smelling this stuff brings a smile to my face, and that can only be a good thing!

Have a great day :)

Quim
Quim

I really enjoy Givenchy Gentlemen Only Casual Chic. When you first spray it, the opening smells like ginger mixed with pine, which I later found out to be juniper and cardamom. The Ginger note reminds me of Dior Homme Sport, although I would not say Casual Chic smells like Dior Homme Sport.

The juniper and cardamom notes give Casual Chic an entirely different character, which I find unique and well done. There are a lot of juniper trees in western Colorado and this smell reminds me of hiking around in the canyons by Monument National Park in Grand Junction, CO. (Junipers have a smell reminiscent of cat urine, which thankfully is not reflected in this fragrance.)

In addition to my appreciation for Casual Chic, my girlfriend also really likes this scent. I was surprised the YouTube reviews I have seen were not more favorable. It is similar to Gentlemen Only, just with ginger, cardamom, and juniper, so perhaps the similarity to an existing fragrance is why people aren't really raving about this scent. Casual Chic is technically a flanker of a flanker, so it could be a victim of the flanker prejudice I've observed in the fragrance community. Casual Chic is a very safe scent, it can be worn to work, school, wherever. You can wear this in the day or night, but I think it lends itself better to daytime wear. The best time to wear this is in the spring, fall, and it can be worn in summer if you do not live someplace that's really warm. (I live in the North American Midwest.) Casual Chic is not groundbreaking, but it doesn't smell much like anything else in my collection. I receive a compliment nearly every time I wear this stuff.

The projection is decent. I picked up a sample from Sephora and sprayed some on my hand. Hours later in a movie theater, I kept catching the fragrance drifting to my nose and when I brought my nose close, it was still strong smelling 4 hours later. That was when I first noticed the beauty of Casual Chic's dry-down.

The heart and base is where this really shines. The Citrus and Juniper fade away and the woody notes come into focus. I smell Cedar and Birch to a lesser degree. There is also a warm (for lack of a better word) smell that I really enjoy. From looking at the notes, it's not Vetiver, Vanilla, or Sandalwood. I suspect it to be Ambroxan, Coumarin, maybe both. Not sure how different Coumarin is from Tonka Bean, since Coumarin is derived from Tonka Bean, but the smell is not like any of my fragrances utilizing Tonka.

I had been really into fragrances for about a year when I bought this, so I was still getting over the impulse to buy a fragrance based on the top notes alone. I think this is the first cologne I purchased because of the heart and base notes over the top notes. I bought a full bottle and I plan on buying another when I run low presuming I don’t find something similar I like more.

-UPDATE-
Seven months later, I still like this stuff, but I wish I had waited a while before buying it because it is available online at half price. I paid full retail for it shortly after it came out.

Rick Bennett
Rick Bennett

Tested from a sample yesterday and today, refreshed again tonight.
Very agreeable. Described by many as fresh/spicy, and that's exactly what it is. It's really good to try a fresh, daytime, pleasant, summery, feel-good scent that isn't oriented around citrus. I get a really refreshing, light ginger and then a more spicy, peppery note after about half an hour. It's certainly not a powerhouse, and on me is a subtle skin scent after an hour. After 2 hours it's long gone. Sillage is pretty soft. Your partner will get it before you leave for work, but I doubt anyone else will. For me it's a smiling, young, fair-haired guy, jogging past on his way to play tennis with his girlfriend. Very fleeting, very pleasant.
I thought long and hard about this, because it's really a very pleasant smell, but just doesn't project or last. I really think this is one that's worth the effort of carrying around with you so you can refresh a couple of times during the day. If you can be bothered with this, I'd say get some. It's not practical for me, so I won't. But anyone who wears it please feel free to jog past me!
August 2015.

Escoteric
Escoteric

This is one of the finds of 2015, absolutely great. Lovely for daytime wear, with its fresh take, and even for a nocturnal interlude. Its a shame that they don't do a 150ml version or EDP, but I stand to be corrected on that. Gentlemen Only, and the intense version are poor, this has a hidden agent "X" element, slightly more spicy, and yet fresh. I would have to say to date it is a seriously nice fragrance. I was watching an American sitcom, where the mother said to her young son after going out with the pre adolescent person, that the whole thing smelt like a European nightclub, and this actually makes you think if a smell had to draw any comments, it fills the requirements. I wonder what American night clubs smell, like, maybe be a muskrat, and Coors Extra Gold beer, and like that! I wore it in the hospital today and all the nurses commented wow the waiting area smells lovely. This I is the making of a classic. It is sheer elegance. it is a smell for someone in their early 30s, and upward. superb. I bought this and Tuesdays 4160, Evil Max, at x5 the price and this just is the bizz! You can keep the Evil Max, I will choose this any day over and above recent acquisitions. Just buy it you wont regret it. I mean it is Givenchy after all!

Anacrusis
Anacrusis

I love it, it's gorgeous! Everyone who smells it likes it. Fresh, clean and spicy. Really, really nice. I'm buying it!

periquito89
periquito89

I´m not really a fan of the sweetness of the original Only and the Intense version, so anything less Only and Only Intense would already be an improvement. And it is, allthough not enought to make me keep my bottle. I didn't notice at first, but then I could get clearly the same fizzy feeling I get from the new Dior Cologne (which is similiar to contless recent perfumes of this kind), plus that caracteristic sweet tone of Givenchy Only. This combination is interesting but not exactly beautiful. As how it happens with its brothers, may become tiresome rather quickly.

audoire
audoire

I bought this for my husband because he likes the original, but after two days I was wearing it myself. The fresh juniper reminds me of FM's Angeliques sous La Pluie but the beautiful soft woods actually make this one feel more feminine to me. I love it and don't care that it's a flanker or has a derivative name. And re a previous review, it is most definitely ambroxan and not ISO E Super as I'm practically allergic to the latter, which is soapy, fatty, thick smelling/feeling - ambroxan has a bright metallic air/feel... this fragrance is shot through with it. Yes... light, bright and fresh. A lovely woodsy fragrance for summer.

our lee
our lee

I am glad that I received a free sample of this. This is not a scent that would catch my eye when testing, and would certainly be overlooked as a blind-buy.

But, I actually like this fragrance. It is clean, fresh and absolutely ideal for work. The sandalwood note stands out most for me, soft and creamy.

However, I would probably not buy GO Casual Chic as I found that it very quickly became a skin scent. Not always a bad thing, but with this I am afraid that it just blends into the category of another light, pleasant smell that passes under the radar.

LBoogie209
LBoogie209

Light and clean with a safe for work silage, I found the blend of woodsy and citrus to be well worth the money. Definitely a warm season scent, but I can't wait to see how it works in the fall/winter of California. Worth the investment. My wife loves it. She liked it in the ads of GQ, and on me it is a favorite of hers.

tavo
tavo

This is a great frag. Like a classy summer time scent. A perfect name, cuz it exactly that. Casual chic. When you want to dress classy but not too much if you want something with class for the summer get this.

Gault
Gault

Starts spicy, really peppery but turns into a simple but wonderful clean soapy scent. I wouldnt be surprised if the Cartier logo would be on the bottle.
Im pretty sure this will be overlooked, but worth a try if youre looking for a "mature" spring/summer fragrance that is free of all pretentiousness and hype.

(After some search in my memory I figured out that actually this light peppery-soapy vetiver side of the fragrance reminds me of Dsquared He Wood Rocky Mountain)

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Givenchy what on earth are you playing it, this is terrible. It smells like Ginger ale, it's rather headche inducing, lasted a fair time, always the case when it's something you don't really like. Fairly weak sillage, not my cup of tea.

Martin__

If anyone's interested: the nose behind Givenchy Gentlemen Only Casual Chic (as well as Gentlemen Only and Gentlemen Only Intense) is Jean Jacques from Takasago.

bassmatt
bassmatt

I tested in a Sephora all of them (new Gentlemen series) and the classic one, reformulated for sure but still, the one and only! Givenchy Gentleman 1974.
I was wearing each of them later (~2ml decants).
My ratings based only on each scent impressions:
Giv. Gentleman 1974 (10/10) Superb scent!
Gentlemen Only 2013 (7,5/10) Nothing special
Gentlemen Intense (7,5/10) Still nothing superb.
Genlemen Casual Chic (weak 9/10) I really liked this smell from the first initial spray. Couple days ago I bought a 100ml tester flanker, and this is my current spring/summer scent with (2013 batch) Aventus by Creed (10/10) for special, better days.
Casual Chic lasts for 6-7 hours after 3 sprays (1-neck and 2-wrists) so it's a decent time for my needs. I also bought a Gentleman Only 1974, and love it! Definitely 10/10 for a true masculine oldschool, and for me it's a fragrance for all seasons. Fantastic Havana by Aramis is a strong 9/10 on my list, and of course also have it :)

I don't know this scent, but I'd like to say that advertising film, with a man on bike, is totally adorable. Whoever works for Givenchy, does it right.

AZ
AZ

I didnt like the opening I from the gentleman flanker this one is the worse.

Martin__

An obvious clone of the old Dior Homme Sport formulation, without the citrus on top, plus interesting juniper berries note in the middle and synthetic woody-"ambery" base at the end. I actually don't detect any traces of amber or anything amber-like. IMO it doesn't contain ambroxan, it's ISO-E-Super.

Longevity is around 7-8 hours, sillage is below average - on me it's a skin scent.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Gentlemen Only Casual Chic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Givenchy Gentlemen Only Casual Chic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gentlemen Only Casual Chic by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gentlemen Only Casual Chic by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.