Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Gentlemen Only Intense Givenchy for men

leather
smoky
Gentlemen Only Intense Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Intense Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Intense Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Intense Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Intense Givenchy for men Pictures Gentlemen Only Intense Givenchy for men Pictures

Gentlemen Only is an elegant woody fragrance that smells like woods of cedar, vetiver and patchouli. With the beginning of 2014, its enhanced version enters the market with added touch of smooth leather. Gentlemen Only Intense, though, never loses its refinement and elegance.

Gentlemen Only Intense, announced as both bold and subtle, retains the signature woody character reinforced with some spices, leather and amber trail. This fragrance strives to emphasize sensuality and sexiness of a man without losing the subtlety. The composition opens with green mandarin oil, black pepper and birch leaf. Its magnetic heart includes notes of patchouli, Texas cedar and leather, placed on the sensual base of tonka bean, amber and incense.

To represent the 21st century dandy man is Australian actor Simon Baker, known for his role in the crime TV series “The Mentalist “. The design of the bottle and the box becomes darker with shades of black and gray. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Green Mandarin Birch Leaf Black Pepper

Patchouli Leather Texas Cedar

Amber Tonka Bean Incense

Gentlemen Only

Gentlemen Only Intense Fragrance Reviews

Casamir
Casamir

To start off, I happen to love Gentlemen Only and GO Casual Chic, so I had to try the GO Intense.
Sorry to say, I am disappointed. I miss the spicy incense of GO - from the notes, I was kinda hoping for a deep incense covered with amber and leather. All I get from GO Intense is TONKA, and not in a good way, but more of a Le Male kind of way. Meh....

Smellafella
Smellafella

Starts off rather strong with Incense, Birch & Leather...I thought i had a winner. But after the sweetness kicked in it started to bring out that famous Generic Givenchy DNA that all of their frags have.

While it has great performance i'm a little let down by the quick disappearance of the wonderful top notes.

moawiya.alanazi
moawiya.alanazi

not sure whether it was this or the GO but one of them striked me with an impression of Dior Fahrenheit.

rakan1985

mustafa76

يعيبه فقط عدم الثبات والفوحان

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

This is a really nice smelling scent. Is it incredibly unique or daring? Not really, no. Is it a pleasant fragrance, that the vast majority of people (asides from niche fragrant snobs) will be able to appreciate to some extent? Absolutely. I seem to be a fan of tonka scents as of late, and this one is no exception. Good fragrance overall with moderate longeviy, but nothing exceptional or groundbreaking.

GinWeed
GinWeed

Some people say they don't know where Givenchy was going with Gentlemen Only Intense, that it's slightly off and doesn't have a clear direction. But then there's me.

Yes, I am a woman and I wear this myself. This fragrance for me has gone from liking to strong loving, it has really grown on me. It has exactly the right amout of leather and incense, without it being too "aggressive" (by this I mean that these notes do not dominate the freshness of it); this is not your average leather fragrance. It's probably the best of them, and if you're looking for freshness with subtle smokiness, this is your pick.

Gentlemen Only Intense is beautifully blended because it still manages to stay bright, with a little bit of attitude. I will continue to wear this and am looking forward to buying a back-up bottle. Highly recommended!

Smellinggreat
Smellinggreat

This scent is very different from what I'm used to. The incense, smokey opening took a little getting used to but I really enjoy it now. It's mysterious, manly, and deep. I really love it.
Many reviewers have longevity problem but it works ok for me. After 6 to 7 hours, I can still smell it close to the skin. The incense note is very distinctive and lingers.

spcmiller
spcmiller

This scent reminds me of Tom Ford's Noir, in a less powdery, less aggressive form. It's nice, but the Intense moniker may be a little misleading: it's still an EDT, and its longevity is so-so. I don't dislike it, but I don't know that I would seek it out had I not have received a sample of it with a purchase recently.

ayaya
ayaya

Nice Smell its a bit Feminine, and its not an exclusive scent, What I hate is that it lacks staying power bt yet its called Intense.

Edit: I'm beginning to love Givenchy GOI, Its a Unique Smell and does get Compliments, it also Stays more than average Because you can still detect it on your clothes On the next day. But only if u apply multiple sprays.

lostindistillation
lostindistillation

You can't go wrong with this fragrance. It is particularly sweet&ambery so if you're not into that, you're obviously not going to like it.

But if you're a fan of tonka bean, the ingredient shines in this one, accompanied by beautiful facets of incense, leather, and patchouli.

It is ultra magnetic, perfect for night-time.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Gentlemen Only Intense is a rubbery sweet scent, with a strong medicinal touch. Inicially it starts very spicy, then is tranformed into a sweet scent. To make a test, on the other arm I applied M7 Oud Absolu and observed that these two scents are cousins (not brothers). Definetly, Gentlemen Only Intense is a night perfume for mature men. It may also work for young men that want to give the impression of a strong character.

Jromas
Jromas

Love love this smell. It's almost like a grape crush, leather version of the original Gentlemen Only. Like someone stated earlier, that opening fruitiness smells like Hugo Bottled night. Its downfall, if there is one, is that it is not too intense. You really have to load up on this fragrance for it to last. I wish this could smell the way it does from the opening throughout, because all you get is pure incense leather during the dry down. Still love it. I layer it with the original Gentlemen Only and they work wonders together.

Deri Guzman
Deri Guzman

At first, this has a leather/tonka bean combination that gives me a chocolate smell to it (which is nice). With the original Gentlemen Only vibe in the background. It's linear because in my opinion it doesn't change much from start to finish. The only difference in the dry down is the chocolate vibe with a woods/patchouli combination. The woods and patchouli are very light. Overall, I think this is a unique smelling fragrance and a very good one indeed. I give it a 9.5 out of 10

Update: I just got my 5 oz. (150 ml) bottle from the mail. It's time to enjoy this fragrance.

lateeeno
lateeeno

I was looking for a winter perfume which will replace my Armani Code for this year , searching for that dark tobacco-ish scent that keeps me in the classy mysterious mood as I always prefer to smell like during the colder months , and here it is , this is exactly what got the job done for me .

For my nose it feels like a mix of Hugo Boss Night + Buberry Rythem + Spicebomb all together in one bottle , .. birch leaf .. unburnt tobacco .. spices .. , man it's just about everything I like in a cologne .

It has got many layers and it keeps developing within the few hours of its life time .

No big sillage , but you will smell ur self and everybody passes by u will enjoy smelling u for about 4 to 6 hours if not a little but more .

It is sweet yes , but in a very delicate manner that u won't get headache or suffer a sweet tooth issues.

The best part is after 30 minutes .. oh that is a real mega senses-pleasure and it will hang there for the next 2 hours just being as smoky and chocolaty as a niche gourmand perfumes behave .

No burnt fruit or resin touch for me , no rubbery synthetic blah blah .. I just keep on getting ambery trails following me and adding classiness to my world .

Goes great with smokers , it does not cover the ciggy ashy smell on my fingers , but it does melt into my skin and changes all the harsh odores into something vanillish .. cacoa-ish .. brilliant .. pure maltish !

Compliments ? Every sense in my nerve system is complimenting me for this outstanding smell .. so far .. I am loving it .. and so does my ego .

Have a good day .

Mbaaqeel7
Mbaaqeel7

Hidden masterpiece

Scent 9.5/10
Average performance

Forsyte
Forsyte

I am actually surprised by the number of negative reviews on this one. I've gone through tons of samples with no particular scent in mind and finally found the one fragrance that I didn't even know I'd been looking for. Perfect for winter, perfect for me. I used Luna Rossa during the summer, but switching to Gentlemen Only Intense for now.

Poor longevity has been mentioned several times. I cannot agree, as I myself can smell it after over 12 hours and my sweetheart confirmed it was still there. I can only recommend it.

jotalopez
jotalopez

Headache at first sniff. To me it smells like a mixture of Joop Homme and the original Givenchy Gentleman. It's too much for my nose and it gave me a terrible headache. Extremely sweet and dark at the same time. On the other hand, this one has absolutely nothing to do with the original Gentlemen Only, which is a pleasant, inoffensive scent. Does anybody know who's the nose behind this monster? Thumbs down anyway!

FredFrag
FredFrag

It smell very nice and is well put together, the problem is low performance

djews
djews

I don't like writing bad reviews but this is beyond a joke. It's very much like a watered down A*Men. Far better than A*men but purely because it's not as potent. Still though, it is just a toxic synthetic concoction. I'm not sure how big companies such as these could possibly think that there could be any merit in releasing things like this to the public! It may very well appeal to the masses but at the end of the day the masses don't know anything about perfume. What happened to real passion and making real quality, instead of dropping a piece of crap into shops to make a quick dollar. If this is where things are going then it's going to be another industry sadly getting destroyed.
Extremely disappointing.
Fresh! People say. Are you kidding? Does anyone even know what fresh is? Try Chanel Allure Edition Blanche or Dior Homme Sport then if you still don't see what I'm talking about I will gladly accept that I know nothing at all.

elisandro.dalenogare
elisandro.dalenogare

Always with me....

'Pleasantly surprised' is how I would describe myself after sampling this one. I figured the 'Intense' moniker and the fact I wasn't all that taken with the original Gentlemen only (which isn't bad TBF) not to mention the fact that it's yet another Tonka bean designer scent. If this combination of factors wasn't enough to put me off trying it I don't know what would?
Anyway, I finally persevered and it's turns out not to be a bad scent. Givenchy Gentlemen only Intense opens with a hint of pepper which soon smooths out into a synthetic resin and chocolatey patchouli vibe. As it dries down some more it gets woodier and maybe a hint of that smokey birch but nothing particularly ballsy. For me this is a creamy type fragrance dominated by the warm vanilla smell of tonka bean, amber and patchouli. The patchouli is the saving grace here in what would otherwise be another 'blah' release in the vein of so many others of late.
Lasting power was okay but not great.

bmcd921
bmcd921

Sprayed this cologne on, and really enjoyed the opening. Super clean, but definitely spicy/woody. Looked it up on here, and was confused by the lack of love for this fragrance. And then: there it was. About 15 mins in, there's an unrelenting cheap synthetic note that just does not go away. If you're looking for a modern nighttime fragrance that will last long and project, check out spicebomb (really loving this one lately) or YSL La Nuit de l'homme instead.

Cassiano

Released in 2014, this fragrance is a new version (flanker) involving Gentlemen Only (from 2013), which was born as a tribute dedicated to the Gentleman fragrance (from 1974). It is worth noting that the oldest, was directed to the gentleman of yore (in the singular). On the other hand, Gentlemen Only opened space for the collective, beginning a new line of fragrances, which represent the different men of nowadays. And within this new line, arises an intense version, which shares several notes of the previous composition, in an attempt of keeping the DNA and respect the olfactory identity.

In this creation, were combined notes of green mandarin orange, birch leaf and black pepper, in the output. In the body, cedar from Texas, patchouli and leather. At the base, incense, tonka beans and amber.
The output is explosive and shows why the name "intense". But don't be fooled, because this feeling goes away in minutes, unfortunately. Then, you realize that the expected intensity, that should be reflected, above all, in projection, is poor. The power, that should have been increased, is weak. And, oddly enough, this version projects less than the original. However, I can't complain about the lasting: after 8 hours on my skin, I could still smell the scent.

Olfactory references abound. The fans of fragrances rich in tonka bean, patchouli and leather, as Bogart pour Homme, Play Intense for Men, Bugatti Pure Black, Armani Code, among others, will enjoy this creation. On my skin, it stayed extremely linear, with a slightly sweet aroma, beyond the typical almond smell of the tonka beans and a subtle nuance of leather.

Truth be told, the concept of something more intense was lost, completely. I would say that is a mysterious fragrance, perhaps more nocturnal. Maybe, it should have been called Gentlemen Only Night, or something like that. While the original version is much more versatile and exudes more, this one goes into the category of intimate scents, full of sensuality. Anyway, it's very good and conveys extreme elegance. It fits well with mild climates and can be a great option for professional and exquisite environments.

I really liked the fragrance, but I don't think it was worthy of the name that was given. And, for this reason, I've seen more criticisms than praise. If they had done in Eau de Parfum concentration, the result would have been glorious, for sure.
To finish, the bottle remains the same, with dense and heavy glass, in a dark gradient from bottom to top, even more beautiful than in the previous version.

Lesser
Lesser

I had a few samples of this, and wanted to try something new this Friday night.

My first impression was that nice and gentle smokey vibe from the incense as well as some fruitlike sweetness.

So what do I get out of this fragrance?
I really like incense, and this fragrance really supriced me with that pleasant incense note. I also get the very balanced vetiver, with the overlaying patchouli. I really nice blend that with its composition allows the wearer to use it at almost every occasion. With the drydown the scent turns more sweet and subtle, but is not like it sites glose to the skin.

Last comment
I really like this one, I have tried other fragrances from givenchy, but this one is the best I've come across so far. It fits most and is a sure pick for every occasion, and you can only get compliments when wearing it.

Overall rating: 7/10

*UPDATE 10/04/2015* Bought the real bottle, I had to have this scent...

littlest_lemon
littlest_lemon

It smells like Thierry Mugler Angel, but without the sickly sweet honey notes. This is WEIRD, and I like it.

tansu
tansu

Sorry GIVENCHY . this fragrance. Smelled lose it very quickly

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

Pleasant enough for sure, but not as powerful as I expected from an "intense". The drydown is a bit lightweight: slightly smokey. A bit woody with a hint of incense. And powdery by the end. Nothing not to like; but lacks any clear identity for me.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Parfum very dark!. Longevity is good, sillage moderate. This is good,intense,mysterious,smokey... suitable for 'autumn/winter in my opinion!. Nice parfume for Givenchy!

Sillage : 6.5/10
Longevity : 7.5/10
Scent : 8./10

Overall : 8/10

Sobi_spider
Sobi_spider

I Bought this one in fall it was good but its great in winter,loving it...

Subzero0
Subzero0

tested a sample of it today, and I must admit I didn't like the initial notes, but after a while it started to have a very classy, leathery scent, which is excellent I think esp. for fall/winter. Good versatility, would use it for both business and date occassions. The leather note reminded me of CH men (carolina h.) but this is softer, more subtle, I even think I prefer this one more than CH. definately will get me a bottle of this soon!

lynwood234
lynwood234

Wow I bought this and I love it. It seems so familiar to me. I realized that it smells identical to Michael Jordan Legend. It also smells a little like Rochas Man in the dry down. Sorry if it offends but if I had not blind bought I would have figured it out before I shelled out $80 dollars.

GRAF
GRAF

Superb fragrance, classy and easy, I can imagine wintertime, autumn and spring cool days with it. It is a masculine oriental light and sweet aroma, very practical, playful and vivid. The longevity is about 5-6 hours and the sillage is moderate. I like it a lot.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

One of those fruity/citrus fragrances but has very good performance compared to other intense versions of frags.

Good for high school kids that like to smell fresh and pretty.

Arsenal Till I Die
Arsenal Till I Die

A predominant Tonka fragrance.

This Is an extremely solid scent albeit its poor projection, which is the only let down for me. It starts out citrusy from the mandarin which is accompanied by a smooth leather and the type of birch Reminiscent of Hugo Boss night. It has what looks like some aggressive notes but there's honestly just the right amount of each to keep the Tonka the star of the show for this fragrance, so if your a fan of that note then this is one to check out. Could easily be catogarised as one of those "date night" or "sexy" fragrances.

Edit: So overlooked and criminally underrated, needs waaaaaay more love!

Na0
Na0

I felt in love with Gentlemen only first time I smelled it... Well. It was natural to me to give it a smell to this one. And what to say ?

Better, infinitely better. Deeper, stronger, with the same base but with something more dark, manly. You won't be disappointed by this one if you loved the first one.

sean.owers1234
sean.owers1234

Complete blind buy when rushing through Duty Free one day, but I am happy about that! I much prefer it to Gentlemen Only, not sure where all the hate is coming from! It's a solid men's fragrance. Good longevity as well.

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

I get an odd rubbery vibe...maybe incense, leather, and tonka combo! Does not work for me, sorry. It is too rubbery, smokey, and spicy with nothing that excites me. Too bad, it looked promising.

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

Smokey sweet tonka. Dark fragrance, masculine. Winter. A lot of Givenchy DNA, which is good. Smells classy..

fofi2k
fofi2k

Not sure where all the hate is coming from. This is a fairly new fragrance and people need to give it some time. After spraying it, right away you sense the sweetness, but it's different than the other 'sweet' scents out there, it's more mature and elegant. Balsamic, sweet and mature is what I would describe this fragrance. Silage could be better, but a fragrance like this should be for business/casual occasions. Longevity is good for me, 5-7 hours, and the dry down is absolutely amazing for me. Still smells mature and elegant.
Overall, I would give this fragrance a 7.5/10

israuseli
israuseli

Horrible
The opening is disgusting imo. After 2 hours its better but still a bad fragrance

The main accords are correct. Weird balsamic, smokey, spicey, sweet fragrance

Projection and longevity are decent

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

Does start off with a familiar citrus tonka, but quickly dries to a deliciously masculine, oily woody leather. I'd get a few mL if i could. especially for those who wear suits frequently.

Modest sillage, but does linger for a good while.

periquito89
periquito89

First time I tried Givenchy Gentlemen Only it was a mix of interest and a question mark. Would I use it on regular basis? I've learned that I'd not; the scent is somewhat interesting, not so common, but ultimately is boring to my sense. This Givenchy Only Intense is more torelable, as a sweet scent. There remains a feel of the original, obviously turned down as many have noted, with a smoky note that dominates the base.

Buddythomas11
Buddythomas11

A great fragrance for the night, fall, and winter season. If you like SpiceBomb but want something that is smoother and a bit more subtle then Gentlemen Only Intense is for you!It's sweet, masculine, yet has depth and character. I'm not a big fan of amber but I don't mind it in this fragrance, I love the tonka bean, it really stands out in this and it really rounds out the fragrance. I get about 5-6 hour longevity which is okay, after all this is intended to be a sensual night time scent. I can't wait to see where else Givenchy takes their "Gentlemen Only" line. Perhaps a Sport version in the future?

Nick M
Nick M

YES! The original has a bit too much candy sweetness and now it has been tempered by this intense version. I'm a smoky/balsam novice, so this may not appeal to veteran collectors but it's a great gateway frag for someone like me.

Marciu

@AZ - on me longevity was average. Gentlemen Only is definitely doing better on my skin than its intense flanker.

AZ

@Marciu I dont remeber if how long it was but I wrote it definity MORE than 4 hours. From long time I didnt use it so it abit hard to tell exact. But for me it longitivity was okay but not super

Marciu

@AZ - what's the difference - one hour or four hours? Even four hours longevity is a shame for a perfume with "Intense" in its name...

@$$ You could have bought fake because I own it and stays more than 4hr plus

$$
$$

Smells very nice but it doesnt last long at all?On me about 1 hour then gone.I say buy it but not the retail price make sure u get it at a discounted price on line!

My husband tried it, and well, no, I didnt care for it, neither did he..it is very classy, old style but we didnt think it smelled great, too dark, too peperry, and woodsy..I will add a bit drab in my opinion

Medusa82
Medusa82

Does anyone know will this be coming in a 150ml size like the new Gentleman Only which is now available in 150ml

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

:) You know, I tried both fragances this weekend, and truly the diference with the opening is minimum; But as soon time went off, the Intense one was degrading drastically more on this new version of Gentleman Only than the original one.
I´d rather Givenchy Only because still longer than this one.

Marciu

Today I discovered that this is actually more peppery clone of Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme...

The more I wear it the more I dislike it, sadly...

Dirk
Dirk

It's an ok fragrance for the fall i would say.
not something for summer.
But it lasts so short.
I only get a little bit of the gentleman only feel in it when you just sprayed it, but changes much into some leathery incense type of scent.
But actually it's way too different from the original.
The original is the better one.
Happy having that in my collection, but i wouldn't get this one.

Ricks44
Ricks44

Mystery in a bottle.

This stuff is similar in vibe to La Nuit but darker, more edgy and sexier.

It opens up quite bright and fruity, which lasts for around an hour. It settles to a soft, waxy, incense/leather fragrance with some sweetness on top. I do get leather quite strong in this. Not out and out leather but a sweet leather. Dry down is quite subtle and close to skin, the longer it lives the more feminine it becomes.

I can see this work absolutely great at night, especially summer nights. It's got that sweet top but it's subtle sweetness. Which I imagine will be picked up and carried by the warm night air. On first smell I was very close to purchasing but I decided to hold off for the time being.

I don't see many similarities between Gentlemen Only. I mean, it's almost like a subdued, darker version of Gentlemen Only. Maybe when they titled it intense they meant "darker" or "broody". It's definitely a dark, brooding, mysterious fragrance. Perfect for wear with a black leather jacket on a warm summer night out in the cities looking for fun.

I think it's got a niche quality about it and is one of the best designer scents if not the best I've got my nose on this year. For originality it beats Gentlemen Only. I think this may be Givenchy's answer to YSL's L'homme for the daytime, La Nuit for night time. Good vs Naughty sort of thing.

Gentlemen Only is great for work and casual, Gentlemen Only Intense great for night, dates, romance, drinks, fun. It screams night to me.

Longevity. I've had this on my skin now for about 5 hours. Still strong upon sniffing my arm. I got occasional whifs of it but not often. It's become a skin scent but the kind a women would love to smell on a guy when getting closer to him. Projection was great for the first 2 hours. Then pretty much settled to a close bubble.

I've not yet committed to purchasing a new designer release this year. But I'm always looking, smelling and reading about to see if it'd be worth the money. This release from Givenchy is very close to becoming a buy.

So in summary. Opens sweet and slightly fruity, gave me a sort of wolfberry vibe that was balmy, slight incense but not too strong on suede/leather/amber base. Sexy and mysterious but a bit feminine.

Reading Givenchy's description, I'd agree that it's both bold & subtle. Bold in it's uniqueness and opening and subtle in it's dry down.

Initial score I'd give it an 8/10 overall.

Edit:

Upon testing some more times I can't help but notice the similarity of this too Pure Malt. It's very similar in my opinion. But more transparent and soft.

jerry zahaka
jerry zahaka

I tried it yesterday and maaan the smell was addictive BUT , it didnt last on my skin more than 2 hours , very disappointing really !

jeanuk
jeanuk

This is the second time were I had tried the Gentlemen Only Intense. Something curious was happened with me, where I sprayed on my right hand this stuff and the left hand Gentlemen Only.. where after one hours the only perfume I could smell it was the Gentlemen Only, even after 4 hours still there nicely on my wrist.. little disappointed with the INTENSE version.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Sorry to say this but what an utter waste of money, I had one spray of Kouros on my right hand, I plastered my left in this stuff, after 30 minutes, the Givenchy had gone, 7 hours later i can still smell the Kouros. It has as much strength as a Corn Flake. Avoid and buy the original Gentlemen. Seriously poor sillage and very poor longevity.

Marciu

@pavel.dumitreso - I love Tuscan Leather and like L'Instant de Guerlain(I dislike TF's Noir though) and I can't say I became a fan of this fragrance. I can't even say I like it. I definitely like Only better than its Intense flanker.

pavel.dumitrescu007
pavel.dumitrescu007

Probably the best fragrance for men that been released so far in 2014 and certainly much better than the original one. The incense and the leather make it very masculine but the amber and tonka bean make it also soft, gourmand and sensual. If you like Tom Ford's Noir or Tuscan leather or L'Instant pour Homme by Guerlain, you'll become a huge fan of this one.

CDGfan
CDGfan

This is patchouli sweetened with tonka and incense.
Its not just tonka, the musky depth in this is the result of the patchouli in combo with tonka and incense.

Very nice, I like it better than original which was far too weak.

pronose
pronose

truly distgusting! a waste of money to buy this crap!!!!

Marciu

There's no greennes in this fragrance (except the mandarin orange opening and a little bit patchouli in the middle) AND there's not even a small resemblance to Burberry London. IMO of course :)

antonpan

bart4543, yeah, in the dry down they share the same "sour" green vibe which is also related to Burberry London.

Marciu

They're completely different IMO.

Marciu

I rather think Intense version smells similar to another Burberry, that is Burberry Brit Rhythm. Sweet citruses, amber, something leather-like and whole lots of tonka.

That cedar note is strange. I'm not going to wear such a gourmand scent in warm weather or even in the heat just to get woods from Gentlemen Only Intense.

I'm asking again - was this sweet and unfortunately generic fragrance really necessary if Givenchy has Pi and Xeryus Rouge in its offer? I don't think so.

antonpan

This one has nothing common with the regular Gentlemen Only. The Intense version smells very close to Burberry London, but richer, sweeter, more sophisticated. A sour aromatic heart of London with tonka and incense sweetness added. A pure beauty.

Marciu

All in all I still think Gentlemen Only is much better as a whole fragrance than this.

Marciu

Unfortunately, all I get out of it is tonka bean and a little bit of incense at the drydown. On my skin tonka tends to dominate other compounds in fragrances - so it happens in Gentlemen Only Intense. And the worst thing is that it started to remind me of Armani Code - especially this mix of tonka and mandarin orange.

Final rating: for my taste it's too sweet, there's too few spice in it and it's basically only a winter based fragrance.

A pass.

Mr Jacques - you could've done better.

UPDATE :I'm quite surprised how this fragrance develops in warmer weather. Tonka, amber, mandarin orange, patchouli and frankincense are in the background and the main note is cedar. It's beautiful, smells like a fresh cut wood.

It may be a clue that it's not a gourmand scent for cold seasons only. I'm starting enjoying it more.

Ok, now I'm sure.

Givenchy Gentlemen Only Intense was made, like its predecessor, by Jean Jacques.

Fragrantica, please enter this. Thank you.

kami07
kami07

با سلام من امروز اين عطر رو از دبي گرفتم خيلي خوشبو تر و ماندگار تر از نسخسه قبليش هست گرم و شيرين وخوشبو ودلنشين

Gault
Gault

The opening is a lighter version of CK Shock to me. Classy and inexpressive as Gentlemen Only, but more darker, this pepper-incense combination a little bit smells like tobacco in my opinion. A strong flower/herbal smell coming through once it settles down. Very good release but I feel this wont be a top seller.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I don't know why but when I sprayed this on paper I picked up a Vintage Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme vibe.. Not the same , a lot cleaner and not as dirty shall I say.. Hmmm or maybe my nose was confused by everything else I was smelling..

Marciu

@ binker - I tested it about 3 times already. It's available in Sephoras in my country.

After sniffing out Burberry Brit Rhythm I can say that Gentlemen Only Intense smells a lot like it.

I think I'll pass on this one. Gentlemen Only is the only one flanker of Gentleman done right to me.

binker

Also looks like it would smell a lot like Burberry rhythm?

binker

Marciu where's u get to test this out at?

Marciu

Givenchy Tonka (Not Intense) could be its second name. I feel it's unfortunately flat and linear, maybe only on my skin.

Parameters are poor by the way, both sillage and longevity. It's gone after 4 hours...

UPDATE: It tends to vanish and appear again after few hours :O All in all longevity is around 8 hours. Good score. Besides, the base notes of this fragrance appear very late. But incense is here and mixes nicely with tonka. Interesting.

For now, I'd rate it 7/10. I have a decant so 1 or 2 more wearings and I'll give it a final grade.

marioslg3
marioslg3

The notes of our era...tonka and amber...what to say....

Marciu

I was afraid it might be like this. And so it happened. Adding tonka to it Givenchy ruined the composition.

Opening is a little similar to Gentlemen Only - I do feel that mandarin orange. But then waves of tonka bean cover the whole fragrance.

A pass for me. Will update about the parameters. And it will get one more chance in the near future.

Cassiano

As a fan of all Givenchy, I can't wait for this one!

Gazo30
Gazo30

I was going to get the Givenchy Gentleman Only, but now ive seen this i might wait & try this Intense version instead :)

Marciu

Tonka bean... Well, don't want to judge it before I sniff it but... It looks like it'll be gourmand-like fragrance.

And by the way, I hope it's the last flanker of Gentleman(I mean flanker of a flanker). We'll sniff, we'll see...