Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Givenchy III Givenchy for women

Givenchy III Givenchy for women
dislike

Givenchy III Givenchy for women Pictures Givenchy III Givenchy for women Pictures Givenchy III Givenchy for women Pictures Givenchy III Givenchy for women Pictures

Givenchy III, a classic by the house Givenchy, was introduced in 1970, to mark the opening of a prestigious store by this brand, on the location 3 Avenue George V, Paris.

This elegant and feminine bottle contains haute-couture impression of timeless quality.

This simple bottle, with a hint of gold on its top, was designed by Pierre Dinand.

The perfume opens with aldehydes with bergamot, mandarin, galbanum, peach and gardenia. The heart includes lily of the valley, hyacinth, rose, jasmine and iris root, while the base carries patchouli, oakmoss, amber and sandalwood.

Givenchy III is available in all concentrations, as extract, edt, edp, with an accompanying cosmetic line of losions, deodorants and gels.

Aldehydes Gardenia Mandarin Orange Galbanum Peach Bergamot

Carnation Narcissus Orris Root Jasmine Hiacynth Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Coconut Oakmoss Vetiver Myrrh

Eau du Soir
Odalisque

Givenchy III Fragrance Reviews

manos1965
manos1965

I feel very lucky i Fund a vintage bottle of this divine chypre.This is the epitome of elegance.I find it better than Mitsuko.Categorized as feminine but easily a man can use it.Simply masterpiece

alpestremonte

Through an historical perspective of the chypre genre benchmarks, yes, Givenchy III may be considered and evolution of Mitsouko, and definitely not only a great perfume, but a masterpiece, just as the later. And since we're talking about iconic perfumes, it is irrelevant to point out which one is greater or better, because that would lead only to personal tastes, something never worth arguing about. Someone trying to impose anything guided by personal tastes is not only rude, but also exposes an unnecessary fury which prevents himself from bringing History, Letter and Perfume Education basics to his reading of a simple review that, from the beginning, was never meant to explicitly bring all of those references, since any so-called "perfumista" can read and have them as mandatory. But the real "perfumista" doesn't need to claim himself one despising the others, it would be nor elegant and classy and then nothing like Givenchy III.

gallian
gallian

Original vintage Givenchy III is not the younger sister of Mitsouko, it is a great perfume. In my opinion better than Mitsouko.

alpestremonte

To me, Givenchy III is Mitsouko's little sister. Dense, mossy and a very loud but not so ripe peach. And she's not so serious as her sister, galbanum makes her happy and a little outgoing, although elegant. But this magical happiness lasts for only two hours, then turns to a skin scent mossy seriousness that's also beautiful, but so different from the previous drama, that I'm led to think it has completely gone. But III is still there, only quieter and demanding another application. Sadly enough.

gfp
gfp

eau de pefume are magical (after the short harsh opening), but the Longevity and sillage are weak .maybe the perfume is better though it cannot be found any more.
EDIT : found out that my review is about givenchy 3 Mythiques.. the one in the lilac colored box. . if you want givenchy 3, do not be misslead as i did

Jessamina
Jessamina

Like grace Kelly, three is free and fresh and legendary. Alas like Kelly, also no more...
So clean and fresh you feel you are flying. Heady.

Chava
Chava

Does this smell anything like Emeraude? They sound a bit similar and, if so, this must be delightful! It's such a shame they reformulated these.

Tiffany
Tiffany

Recognised a 120ml bottle of Givenchy III in the window of a charity shop today from across the road. Naturally I bought it immediately. This fragrance is, in my opinion, second only to Armani Le Parfum which I seem to spend my life scouring the internet for. Powdery Chypre fragrances are my thing. Why have all the great fragrances of the past been discontinued? The age of elegant, sophisticated perfumes seems sadly to be long gone, replaced by apparently limitless bottles of fruity, flowery concoctions which all seem to smell the same to me - initially overpowering, yet without the subtle lingering longevity of classic fragrances.

Blue_Lady_Jane
Blue_Lady_Jane

Like a good film or record, the cover or up-dated version is rarely a match for the original. Very rarely can you better an original. So I read here that an updated version of the wonderful Givenchy III has been released. The same as some of the Classic Diors such as Diorella. So annoying, because I hear so many of you experienced people who can appreciate the often shoddy replications of old classics. When it is realised through sites like this that so many enthusiasts are trying desperately to get hold of the original formulations, why cannot any fragrance house bring back an original!?

I dearly love the orignal Givenchy III, but as the saying goes, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!"

LadyKath
LadyKath

This is a true masterpiece - but only the vintage one ... not the reformulation, which smells like some kind of soap after a while.
But the original one smells of luxury and confidence and it lasts forever.
I would not only feel special, people would always treat me with more respect and they would certainly notice me.
It's not my favourite of all time, but it feels expensive and if I want to make an impression on people this is the Perfume!

Hilary MH
Hilary MH

To me, this is the ultimate perfume. I think I first smelled it on one of my teachers in the 1970s. It is the standard by which I have assessed every perfume since. Givenchy III is everything I wanted my perfume to be: feminine, subtle, sexy without vulgarity, and I felt this one was suitable for any time of day, any mood, any occasion. I aspired to smell as pretty and grown up as that teacher. Years ago a friend said to me 'what is that smell? It's so familiar and so delicious and reminds me of the past''. I told her and we reminisced together for a while! I was truly upset when I realised it was no longer made. I have bought the reformulated version once but it was a horrible disappointment - it was only a faint approximation of the original and very soapy and crude. This is my first review on this site. I am so intrigued by the passionate and nuanced reviews I've read. Perfume is such a fascinating business!

jaxxsun
jaxxsun

The very first time I smelled this, my life changed. It was the first perfume to actually send my heart racing. It is truly sad, that it is no longer made. I would have given a bottle to every woman I had ever dated. Well almost, every.

The last time I encountered this fragrance, was on a relative of a good friend. Every time I encountered her. I would unknowingly get very close and smile almost uncontrollably. Adding the small fact that she was very attractive did not hurt either :)

Sadly, it has been some time since. But the memory's live on, like that of a great love lost :((.....

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

there are only four ultimate green perfumes

1. Vintage Dioressence Esprit De Parfum
2. Vintage Givenchy III (preferably EDT but pure parfum is fine, too)
3. Vintage Balmain Vent Vert (only have edt version and its perfect floral green)
4. Vintage Ma Griffe (Parfum)

nakedcity
nakedcity

I wore this to my first "party" when I was 13, my aunt let me try a few spritzes and off I went. I had so much fun and danced so much that, many years later, I sought one bottle. I was dismayed to learn it had been discontinued and worse yet, reformulated. You know, oakmoss can cause emphysema, brain damage, etc. I was extremely lucky to score 1 oz of the pure parfum at a local kiosk and could not contain my excitement. A month later the same guy calls me with a bottle of EDT, snatched it up too. The difference between the two is astonishing, they are two very different frags. The parfum goes green, but evolves darkly, smells damp and not leathery, I cannot detect any separate notes, just a feeling of momentary peace before something calamitous. You can feel the tension, the forest is getting dark... The EDT is as lovely as I remember it, a golden and light green halo of expectations and hopes. Both are beautiful

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

The perfume opens with a strong dose of citrus and galbanum that give a slight 'green' feeling, III would quickly toned down into elegance with more floral added - but still controlled by the citrus and galbanum, which is good to hold the floral from becoming too excessive - think about mass-destruction floral; and after an hour or two, the basenotes of sandalwood and oakmoss starts to appeared and gives a little 'masculine' flavor into this III (but also gives somehow 'cosmetic' smells, almost like a lipstick), which is good since that makes me very sure that III is leaning more into unisex rather than pure feminine, and still retain a pure elegance of the old Givenchy's - which I rarely seen nowadays in mainstream perfumes. a true masterpiece that an avid collectors need at least a bottle in their collection

Berlynn
Berlynn

This perfume has sent me on an amazing sentimental journey. However it seems that the rosy undertones turn waxy on me for a short period before returning to powdery and soapy notes (in a good way). Givenchy III is certainly a strange one on me, but it is truly beautiful and complex. I once knew a lady when I was a little girl, a friend of my mother's who ran an antique shop. She always wore this perfume (I just discovered that after trying it myself and making the connection)She was a model in the 40's and early 50's, and was always an elegantly dressed woman, and was very beautiful. She and this perfume bore a great deal in common as it too is a classy,elegant impeccably fashioned woman who is also beautiful and complex.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

The delicate and wonderful Givenchy III is a perfume that knows its place in the grand scheme of things and is perfectly content.

She is a spry and green take on the sharp floral chypre, with plenty of wit and hard-earned sophistication to soften what can be to some noses a slightly bitter opening manner.

She undoubtedly has a notable past and belongs to a stable of Europeans that have made their way in the wider world.

But shrewdly she decided to return to the stage before she was worn out, and has been re-invigorated by new applause. Her later career is marked by altogether richer, more floral, better crafted performances that deservedly won great reviews.

She may not be a scene steeler, but she is enjoying a longer and more varied career than some of those who shot to super stardom early on.

And as for the question of cross casting...

Can a woman play Hamlet? She's all for the taking on the Prince herself.

moonchild100
moonchild100

The best perfume I ever owned. Loved the smell, did not get a headache, lasted long. Forever asking for it.

delara
delara

IMPOSSIBLE to find it in Italy , I had it when I was a teenager and miss it so much !

swedishclare
swedishclare

I recently acquired a vintage 4ml of this perfume and I'm glad I did. It's not a perfume I'd normally buy (I admit, I fell for the tiny bottle and the vintage label) and my initial reaction when I put it on was "I smell like my grandmother, argh!"

However, two drops lasted 24 hours and after the initial shock I was pleased to find that I quite enjoyed smelling a bit more sophisticated than I normally do. I will have to save this one for special occasions - partly because I have so little of it, and partly because the drydown is so mossy and green on me that it has to be an evening scent. It's a lipstick on, hair up, high heels one for me (and though I can scrub up to worthy of this scent, I'm normally a giggly blonde fluffball). I'm going to be working on removing the scent association linked with my grandmother and making it my own!

Jeremy Lin
Jeremy Lin

Hi ladies!!
I got it today!it really kinda smell like miss Dior.and wow!the smell is SO intense with just one tiny spray!O.O
With today's perfume, I spray 5 sprays and is still not as intense as this!
Beside the EDT,I also got the PARFUM of it.
But I can't open the cap!!it's impossible to open it lol.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Vintage Givenchy III EDT! What a beautiful fragrance this is. This is very similiar to YSL Y! It starts off with a strong burst of citrus & galbanum! No need to dread, this dries down after a while but still remains at the forefront. The heart of the fragrance is pure floral along with the citrus & galbanum still lurking around. I think those two notes keep this perfume balanced from going into HEY I AM A BIG FLORAL BOMB!

We are left with the basenotes of sandalwood, florals & oakmoss (which I do not believe is found in the modern version)along with some vetiver. It is a green fragrance to say the least! This stuff easily last 8+ hours on my skin & projects nicely for the type of fragrance that it is.

I am not the biggest chypre fan out there, but I do believe every perfume collector should have at least 1 or 2 of these in there collection. Altho marketed as a woman's fragrance, this can be unisex without any question or doubt. It should fit any atomosphere except a bar/club as I do not see this as a heavy hitter for those types of meetings.

All in all, Givenchy has done very well here. Some of their best work I think.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

This one reassures me that I am not just a mindless sheep following reviews for discontinued fragrances and adoring them because everyone else does. I got a partial vintage and it wasn't so great. It got quite soapy, past the pleasant stage, though not as much as Caleche, which was actually a scrubber. Usually my chemistry is fine with scents, but I bet they share an ingredient that doesn't work for me. I do have one if someone wants to contact me, it is at about half way up the label and the sprayer was faulty. It works, but it drips. I'm glad I got it to try it at least.

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

I don't know whether the perfume sample had gone bad or if it was because of the reformulation(s), but I could barely smell this.

dlane1953
dlane1953

Such a beguiling beauty. The vintage version of this scent opens with a hint of sharpness from galbanum and citrus and then drifts into the soft floral heart. I believe the heart contains far more florals than listed above, it's a veritable bouquet of lovely flowers, all perfectly blended together. All notes work together so seamlessly that it's one of the smoothest, softest chypres I've discovered. The mossy-woody basenotes contain sandalwood (the reformulation may not contain this note) and this dark drydown makes this one of my favorite chypres. Sillage is strong, longevity excellent, 9+ hours on me. A great day or night time scent (for daytime, use with discretion; it's powerful).

I find this to be a fresh aldehydic green fragrance. The opening notes are strong, sharp, and aldehydic and I find them very refreshing, signaling a scent experience that is clearly from a different era. The middle notes are a bit bothersome to me as the scent deepens and muddies a bit, losing some of the brightness of the opening. At drydown, the scent evolves into its true beauty. At this stage, it's both fresh and deep, green, a tad woody, and I even detect a very faint fruitiness from time to time lingering on. For me, this was a scent that I had to experience a few times. I knew I liked it from the beginning, but there are a lot of levels here that need to be experienced. A classic daring beauty.

krmarich
krmarich

After years of searching and waiting for a resonable price, I found a vintage(perhaps 40 years old?) mini of Givenchy III! The top notes are a little shaky but very much in tact, especially near the drydown. It is everything I expected-another GODDESS!!!

Chypre was the finest class IMO and this ranked right up there with the best-YSL Y & Mitsouko. The comparisons are erroneous today as they were all mangled in the great oakmoss crisis of 2000.

This time the Goddess was an earth mother, patronizing the post-flower children of the 1970s. She is the descent of spring...These notes are superb and cannot be described in words.

Indeed this was produced at a time when perfumery was a fine art. Givenchy III was in top form in the day. She has vanished forever with little chance of returning. Is it worth a bigger bottle? Yes. I will leave those precious few to you real fans, however.Maybe someday...

kellybanana
kellybanana

THIS is my mom's all time favorite! Too bad I can't find it anywhere else in Hong Kong... (though many years ago I bought a few bottles in a department store in Amsterdam, the Netherlands)

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

NOT A PROPER REVIEW AS SUCH - As i haven't sniffed Givenchy III for over 25 years .

This is one of my earliest "scent memories" ( for want of a better term!) . My Mother used it up until 1985 ish. I cant remember a bottle been in the house post 1985 . 1985 saw the birth of the "Rive Gauche " era , as well as other perfumes i cant remember.

I used to spray on this perfume as a child , when playing "dress up". Out of all the vintage perfumes of yesteryear , this is the ONLY one that i can almost smell from memory ...does that make sense ? i recall spraying it and the sharp , bitter opening is right here with me. Such a powerful memory! Thinking of it now , its like its here in the room with me. ( a bit freaky actually )

I always used to regret spraying this scent as to my 5 yr old's sense of smell it was far too strong , far too bitter , absolutely zero sweetness or fruit here! If you took a 18yr old of today , who's only ever sampled the modern sweet scents , this stuff could seriously disturb them! This is not a negative review , bear with me...Yes that opening was harsh as hell and i remember it so vividly.

After my initial childish "Urrrghh" id usually go off and do something else and forget to wash it off. After maybe 45mins , the scent changed into something Very green , fresh and i seem to remember a powdery base ??? Very comforting as a child. I also seem to remember a hint of leather , or was that the mix of the perfume and my mums very soft Italian leather jacket mingled together ? Either way - Great perfume. ) Very "earthy" and "natural" . Once that initial harshness ( the aldehydes??) had worn off , it was a scent i liked to fall asleep too

Of course this is all memory.... I had completely forgotten this scent of my Mums until i stumbled across this page . Its well over 25 years since i last sniffed Givenchy.

I shall have to ask my Mum if she remembers Givenchy III and why she suddenly changed onto Rive Gauche !! As a kid i didn't like RGs Icy coldness at all. The GIvenchy was better :

In my mind this perfume is the polar opposite of the sweet gourmands that are in vogue now. I'm open to try anything and everything "perfume" . Although i do like my "sugar hits" very much , i don't want to wear them everyday. Everybody needs a good GREEN perfume like this i think :)

..I simply MUST smell this again and see if its the same as i remember ! Bidding on a bottle on fleabay now , fingers crossed. I think im going to love it this time around , with a "grown ups nose" and purely for nostalgia too .

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I know this is considered a masterpiece scent, but it smells just horrible on my skin. Something akin to an old, old, bottle of dark yellow perfume that has long gone bad.

Grottola
Grottola

This review is of the "Les Mythiques" reissue of Givenchy III.

After hearing all the praise about Givenchy III being an awesome green chypre, I had to try it. When I finally got to try it, I was a bit disappointed (no chypre smell), but at the same time, it's definitely a green fragrance. This is an earthy, natural-smelling, leaves-and-twigs fragrance, with the bitter powdery-green smell of galbanum right up front. It is flanked by a plush rose note and various green smells. I don't get any fruity notes or peach out of this. I also don't get much of a mossy smell, but I checked the ingredients on the box and there's no oakmoss (or treemoss) listed. Through all the dark green bitterness, I get a nice buttery-rich resin note, which is probably some kind of woody amber done correctly. Givenchy III lasts a VERY long time on my skin despite being an Eau de Toilette; I get over 10 hours out of it. The closest fragrances I'd compare Givenchy III to would be Sikkim by Lancome or Alliage by Estee Lauder (although Alliage smells a lot worse to me).

If you're a man or woman and you're into green fragrances, you should definitely check out Givenchy III. It's not exactly a chypre, but it's one of the greenest, most natural fragrances I've ever smelled, and I look forward to breaking it out in the spring. My mom loves it too!

Galbanum glorious galbanum! GIVENCHY III is one of a cluster of 1970s-era floral-chypre perfumes with a classic structure and line-up of notes. The scrumptious galbanum is green and waxy and chewy and just sharp enough. The oakmoss offers a gray and slightly dirty contrast. The iris, rose, and narcissus keep the whole composition from being too dark and depressing. This is an utterly beautiful creation. Perfumes such as GIVENCHY III are the ones which keep me a believer in perfumery as an art, not just another luxury business or crass mass-market cash cow.

What I'm not sure about is whether GIVENCHY III is better than the other floral chypres of this type launched about the same time. I love them all! I am testing the vintage GIVENCHY III and have no idea how the reformulation came out, though I'm not all that optimistic. Of course, Lancome did a great job with its collection of reissued classic chypres, so let us hope that Givenchy followed their example and not Guerlain's...

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

Review for EDT version:
For some reason, this perfume reminds me of Chloe Chloe, which I dislike alot. The scent is so strong in an agressive way. Both of them have strong Aldehydes. Maybe it's just me, not the scent :(

watercolour
watercolour

I wore this all though the 70s and adored it.
It's a classy, very identifiable scent, and I was so disappointed when it was
withdrawn.
Although it's now available once more, I believe only in the EDT form.
Perhaps Givenchy will see sense, and re-issue the much loved EDP.

jasmasid
jasmasid

A surprisingly sensible decision by Givenchy to re-introduce this scent. It was a top favourite of many people, people who may have since found other top favourites as this one went missing for so long.

But the old die-hards are back on their much-cherished smell, I'm glad to say. (Shouldn't they be sulking and punishing Givenchy for pulling the rug on this at the height of its popularity?)
It's not so much a scent but a masterpiece in the art of perfumery and something of a giant in this group of fragrances: subtle yet all-pervasive, distinct from anything else I know but never over-powering.
I await the re-introduction of other Givenchy greats, like the original Ysatis.

lapurrla
lapurrla

The opening smells like "just another floral chypre", but I let G3 develop and honestly I am amazed at its transformation into something quite soft and lovely. The floral heart is worth waiting for. No wonder people wanted it back. I gave a bottle of this away many years ago as it was part of an Ysatis gift-set. I doubt that I allowed it to develop or I would surely have enjoyed it. At least it went to a good home. I'm keeping this little bottle for myself this time.

(Reviewing a vintage miniature).

candymarie
candymarie

Very beautiful. Reminds me a lot of Mitsouko, and they do share some notes, but Givenchy III is much, much softer. A classic fragrance, but maybe a little heavy on the aldehydes for me. I much prefer my Chanel No. 19 EDP, which is sweeter and more interesting to me. I'm a little relieved that I don't love it, (since on paper it looks right up my alley) because one thing I don't need is another expensive perfume that I can't do without. One is enough. :-)

panacea
panacea

This is my absolute favourite perfume and it has been my signature scent since I was 21. I discovered it by accident - a friend of mine was going on holiday and I asked her to bring me back a bottle of 'Eau de Givenchy'. When she returned 2 weeks later, she gave me a bottle of Givenchy III and apologised, explaining she'd forgotten what I'd asked for.

I had a quick spray, not expecting to like it and immediately fell in love, thanking her for her mistake. I was heartbroken when Givenchy stopped making this perfume about 10 years ago but they apparently listened to its many fans and reintroduced it about 3 years ago, but only available in Harrods (I believe it is now more widely available?). I now have a brand new bottle and use it for special occasions, or when I need cheering up - it never fails to lift my spirits and make me feel totally wrapped up in a luxurious veil of scent.

Thank you Givenchy!

etmpewo
etmpewo

This must be my lucky day!

I have the vintage EDT 100 ml and it's still perfect.
I already had a miniature (from when I was a teenager) but somehow it didn't smell right. The miniature is a splash, so maybe it's gone off.

But this ''new'' bottle brings back memories and memories alive.

It mixes in a way that I can't make up my mind whether I'm in the French country or in Italy walking along the beach.

That's a great holiday in a bottle!

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

I remember when it first came out. It was presented in a smokey, almost transparent perspex(?)container within the box which protected it from the light once it was sitting on your dressing table. It really is a very refined, sophisticated perfume, worth seeking out. Perfect for the business-woman or a night at the theatre.

What a beautiful fragrance III is. I am enraptured...so many vintage fragrances are heavenly, and the more I smell and wear the more I turn my nose up at mass market releases! Why could I have not been born in the 50s? Then I could have FBs of all these wonderous juices...

When I first smelled the partial mini my Mother gave me, since Action swappwed her two (Thanks Mari!), I thought maybe it had "turned"~it was so bitter and sharp. Once applied to skin, it changes to a bright citrus zestiness. The aldehydes here are deceptive, almost too much; after that though it is magical! Then, as if the dark clouds had passed from the face of the sun; I was greeted with the most spectacular floral aura of hyacinth (gorgeous), muguet(transparent green) and full roses and sultry jasmine...I began to salivate it smelled so very heavenly!! I felt as if I had rolled naked in fresh flowers. Made in 1970, it is still a stunner in 2010-that is quality, that is Givenchy! The drydown does another somersault from floral paradise to warm, mossy and woody. It is like wearing three different scents and only having to spray one on, miraculous! Perhaps this smelled a lot like everything else (back then), but now it is an icon...

Sillage: very good
Longevity: great
Overall: 4.25/5

I used to think I had many great scents, but you ladies and your vintages have opened my eyes (and nostrils!), thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the gifts, minis and samples! You have made me a rich man, in fragrances and friends...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Cereza
Cereza

Extremely powerful and bitter at the opening with blast of soapy adelhydes followed by bouqet of "in your face" flowers. I love the fact that even after all the "BWAH, HERE I COME" opening I like it. I can feel how it slowly changes to a wonderful powdery, green fragrance.

This does smell very classy, but I can't say it's dated or "old". This is very elegant, powerful and feminine. I prefer different kind of chypres, but this is a MUST try for chypre lovers.

As well as Harrods, you can also buy the modern EDT in Stansted Airport Duty Free shop.

perfumoplus

This perfume lifts me up and I feel I am floating in the air. Why ? Because it is light, it is truely for all ages, it has that je nes c'est pas quality.
Yes, the carnation is very slightly hinted BUT it is there along with the scent of light flowers.
Givenchy cannot offend those who love light scents. It can but only make those who never tried it say " Why, oh why, didn't anyone tell me about it ". Go on try it, you will never regret it.

guest_amalie
guest_amalie

Quisiera que la trajeran nuevamente a la Argentina. Extraño esa fragancia. Es única y siempre fue mi preferida !!

classic
classic

I love this scent and always have done; it's elegant and dry yet rich and floral- a real classic and I am very disappointed that this and other such scents are difficult or impossible to find these days. They all seem too sweet or too fruity or too soapy.I don't know if perfume is like music - ie you tend to love those you encountered in your teens and resist later trends - but it's certainly so in my case. I don't want to hear about new scents, I want the old ones made available! Perfume makers and retailers who may read this please take note!

l'essence
l'essence

I love your descriptions Persephone and mimian. It is hard to find in Australia, though over the years I have bought it whenever I found it, and this year was excited to find the EDT in Harrods while visiting London, but I have never yet come across the EDP or parfum.

mymlan

I've just got the vintage edp in the most adorable bottle. It´s cream coloured shiny plastic bottle with a golden midsection where Givenchy III is written in black capitals. It's a refillable 75 ml bottle.

Beeing an EdP I find it a slightly different to the EdT. First, It's so much stronger from the initial burst that I almost felt dizzy after I'd just sprayed it on. I find it a mote darker too, like there's a bit more patchouli that shines through in the topnotes. When it developes it calms down and a warm and slightly fruity delicate breeze unfolds flower by flower. The heartnotes seems to go on and on for hours and I find it much more longlasting than the edt. Still, there is a dewy fresh note in the initial spray from EdT that I'm missing here. I guess the larger amount of patcouli warms up the topnotes. Perhaps the edp is a little bit sweeter and slihtly dirtier than the EdT. Galbanum shines through from top to base though and adds a green deliciousness to the whole composition.

In all the edp is very lovley too and I highly recommend it.

Update: I've recently tried the pure perfume. OH MY GOD!!!! I'll be back with a review later on!

mymlan

Givenchy III is a perfect chypre, well balanced from top to base with all stages revealed and enjoyable. This is just pure feminine beauty in a bottle. First the top hits you with a blast of bergamot, galbanium, peach and gardenia. The heart reaches yours by surrounding you with visible flower petals of rose, jasmine, hyacint and lily of the valley. The warm base is bittersweet but comforting for your senses with oakmoss, patchouli, vetiver and sandalwood. This is just a perfect chyper for any occasion at any time of the year.

Persephone
Persephone

Vintage EDP: An absolutely delicious green chypre. At first it smells medicinal, but then quickly warms up on my skin to a sweet leafy green accord. Imagine a dewy morning meadow, where green grass and delicate wildflowers grow, spring water, almost sweet, runs through the field, the humid soil is still warm and fragrant. It really lasts, but instead of hitting you, it wafts around creating an elusive aura of femininity. Will you excuse me as I can't stop sniffing my cleavage. My favorite chypre so far.
The modern version (Les Parfums Mythiques) is drier, lighter and too masculine to my taste.

guest_Jana
guest_Jana

It's the best perfume ever.I am using it since 1978 and I won't give up on it.Many thanks to Givenchy.
P.S. My daughters likes it as well.Is a matter of taste not of age.

anava33
anava33

My mom used for along time this perfume. This wonderful scent still remais in my memory, but unfortunately we dont find it in Brazil...

Kama
Kama

I think it is very nice pefume, but very classic..old but very orginal.
In my opinion it smells quit similar to Prada D'Iris.I know that you can buy them in Harrods.

Givenchy III by Givenchy 4.33 out of 5 based on 280 ratings and 53 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Givenchy III fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Givenchy III, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Givenchy III by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Givenchy III by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.