Designers » F-H » Oriental Fougere « Groups

dislike

I have it: 897 I had it: 328 I want it: 703 My signature: 40

coffee
Givenchy Play Intense Givenchy for men Videos
Givenchy Play Intense Givenchy for men Pictures Givenchy Play Intense Givenchy for men Pictures Givenchy Play Intense Givenchy for men Pictures Givenchy Play Intense Givenchy for men Pictures Givenchy Play Intense Givenchy for men Pictures

Givenchy launched their fragrance for men in September 2008 and was advertised by pop star Justin Timberlake.

The modern and contemporary perfume named Play Intense was presented in a bottle shaped like an MP3 player. It is made of milky glass, with cafalonium frame and rubber button to press.

This fragrant creation Givenchy Play Intense is a work of perfumers Emilie+Coppermann and Lucas Sieuzac (Symrise), under direction of Françoise Donche, the perfume nose of the house of Givenchy.

The perfume in EDP concentration contains notes of bergamot, mandarine, pink pepper, coffee flower, amyris wood, labdanum, vetiver, Tonka and patchouli. It is available in amount of 100 ml.

Several commercials accompany this perfume. They were made in black and white, by Tom Munro. Givenchy Play Intense was created by Emilie (Bevierre) Coppermann and Lucas Sieuzac.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange

Amyris Pink Pepper Coffee

vetyver French labdanum Patchouli Tonka Bean

Rochas Man
Givenchy Play Eau de Toilette

Givenchy Play Intense Fragrance Reviews

georgequeue

This is a perfume you can never go wrong with!

To me, this is one of the most pleasant and enjoyable fragrances I've owned; I love the mix of coffee, vetiver (which gives it an interesting woody vibe), citrus, and Tonka. It can be used at any ocassion, in different kinds of weather. Projection isn't great, but longevity is good (about 7-8 hours), and drydown is so delicious - it reminds me of Fahrenheit Absolute a little bit, which is one of the EDTs I've been longing for lately -. You can overapply this juice without hesitation, he he he!

Overall score: 8.5 (It would be 10 if projection and sillage were better, but the fragrance is amazing!)

KIDKID
KIDKID

It turns out to be to me agreeable, in the night, with better low temperature, but it can be used in summer, with fewer applications. I do not emphasize the note of coffee, at least in my skin, if the citric one to the pricipio and then something of chocolate with bean tonka. It turns out to be very similar to Kokorico, this one if it has cocoa. Medium projection, good longevity. In the night and dance. Good option.

Chimp
Chimp

Givenchy Play Intense is a very modern and young fragrance, the coffee scent is not very pronounced, it's a sweet earthy scent, the base smells like chocolate and lavender incense, very oriental. The sillage is modest, it stays close to the skin but the longevity is great. It is somewhat similar to Rochas Man but it's earthier and more profound than rochas which smells like a light chocolate vanilla scent in comparison to play intense.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Really nice smell, all the ingredients are mixed to perfection, pink pepper is really great in this scent .... is very different, I would recommend it !!

4.0 / 5.0

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Ummm...it's okay; I like it, but it's not really my style these days. Play Intense (PI) is a pleasant, non-so-freshie/sweet, fragrance that feels youthful and playful, and is perfect for the Fall-Winter seasons. While I feel that PI is a pleasant scent, I also feel that Rochas Man (similar) does a better job and is cheaper...and it performs better on my skin too. I recommend the under-30 crowd take a closer look at this one. Just my two-cents.

Little_L
Little_L

Everytime I stumble upon a popular scent, I keep an open mind and forget about the press it has gotten. I received quite numerous testers at my local drug store for a good test run.
When applied, it opens strong, with a hefty powdery accord and piercing sweet coffee. At this stage it is unfair to base my evaluation. After about half an hour, coffee break ends, and we get young, playful and sweaty. Do you want to know how you smell after you had snuk out for caramel mocca lattes with a high school girl, had her lipstick smeared over your clean collar and escorted her back to the sweaty testosterone-drenched changing room of her high school gym? Look no further, because this thickly sweet squirt will make or bring back memories.
Although the juicy represents quality, I feel so many colognes have the same average vibe: AXE, CK One Shock, most David Beckhams, Armani Code... Mixing those with puberty and testosterone results in a generic aura. It's just not anything special, doesn't evoke any feelings, it is just safe and pleasing. No challenge requested.

andrepoernomo
andrepoernomo

I was looking for a fragrance with a chocolate/vanilla scent and from the information that I gathered from the internet (Thanks, Fragrantica!) Givenchy Play Intense has that element.
It was a difficult task finding this fragrance. Most of the Givenchy counters at the department stores doesn't carry it anymore, and they said it has been discontinued. The local online and brick-and-mortar perfume shops also gave me the same answer. But then a miracle happened, I found it at a Givenchy counter at a department store. One last bottle!
When I sprayed the tester on my wrist, I thought "Yes, this is it! I found my true love". Warm and sensual coffee/chocolate/vanilla notes, with a hint of something citrus-y and flower-y to balance it out. Sweet but not too sweet, just perfect! It was truly love at first sniff. The bottle is pretty cool too, black mp3-shaped with rubber sprayer. It feels just right on my grip.
I decided to buy it right then and there, and I thought to myself "This must be my lucky day!", or is it? The next day I wore to it the office and I realized something: it's a really weak fragrance. The sillage is very low, I have to spray it at least 6 times to get any projection. And the longetivity is very poor too. It dissolves quickly especially since I perspire easily.
I don't know whether it has been reformulated or past its the expiration date. I don't have any other reference as a comparison. But I'm very dissapointed because I love this fragrance so much.
Anyway, Play Intense is perfect for guys in their 20s and 30s. It has a cool and sexy vibe but also dynamic and vibrant. I personally wear this during daytime, but it would be great for going to parties or clubs.

da ladyz choice
da ladyz choice

Had this bottle for nearly 2 years now but only just really started to appreciate it.
Great pick for cooler days in casual settings.

yarks
yarks

Ah yes, the silly mp3 player bottle. Mock it though we may, the surprise inside will sucker punch your expectations. This is a delectable gourmand scent, complete with somewhat of a coffee vibe, but more or less littered with reminders of snacks and no full resmeblence to any. You know, like a gourmand fragrance is supposed to do. That said, I'm not a huge fan of gourmands. They just aren't versatile enough for my purposes. To make matters worse, the scent doesn't project that well at all on my flesh. Maybe about an inch or two out. However, it certainly lasts well into the next day, changing along the way. I can't, unfortunately, wear this. I've failed to get noticed even with more liberal sprays. I'm unhappy for that. For that reason alone, I'm going to have to recommend you pass on this. There are better gourmands to find, specifically Givenchy's Pi.

crestfallen

An amazing fragrance when it was first released. It has indeed been REFORMULATED sometime between 2011-2012. A mere shadow of its former self. Lacks longevity, sillage, and overall deepness of the original.

The fragrance industry really sucks when they do crap like this

Extol
Extol

Well, what a pleasant surprise this one was :)

Got one of those samplers of this that come in like, that cheap foil wrapper. I awkwardly dribbled the contents of it on me and mmmmmmm. Smells awesome. :) I detect zero coffee though.

Anyways, it was 103° F today here in Georgia. I was outside most of the day and I will say this stuff is tougher than I had anticipated. I was so certain it would just die in such humid and hot conditions as many other colognes have. This one stuck around. 12 hours later I still smelled it AFTER I jogged. Granted, it was a skin scent at this point, but still.

I generally prefer my colognes to be an arms length of projection and good sillage. So this isn't my typical choice. If it were stronger, I'd certainly purchase it. If someone gifts me it, I would most definitely be happy with it. For about four hours I was getting pleasant wafts of it. So for a while it was nearly a foot of projection.

Still, if you don't like to walk around with a noticeable cologne on, this is a remarkably smart choice. It smells great. :)

trmjkd989
trmjkd989

An underrated gem is all I can say. To this day no other fragrance has even come close to the amount of compliments I have received while wearing Play Intense. This is a very soft, sweet, and almost unisex fragrance to me. But the vast amount of compliments I have received from girls while wearing this exceeded my expectations. If you need a compliment-getter, check this one out guys.

caroleinne
caroleinne

I bought this perfume for my BF's birthday. shocked him to death, as I asked him before to sniff some perfumes with the biggest lie ever: I'm going to wear men's perfume.
this is the only one that appeals him. he unconsciously kept talking about it day and night, not even aware of what I planned behind. yay for a happy BF.

somehow GPI smells even better on him than it was the best I can remember from the last time sniffing it on test paper. I love it so much from the first time sniffing it at dept store. it's warm, spicy, a bit sweet, but super sexy fragrance. the most important of all is, this one is kinda rare and haven't met even one man wearing this perfume but my BF! well, I DO think GPI deserves more attention. Its spiciness from pink pepper and patchouli is just in the right amount, vetiver adds perfect woody tinge, while tonka bean blends deliciously with the coffee note. longevity is awesome. 8 hours and more, and still can feel it in the air everytime he made small movement. I imagine a man, who's mature but still has strong youth vibes from his appearance, in shirt, walking down expensive bar on his own and makes young ladies turn their heads just to see who's just passed by. Seductive, but in an elegant way. Sexy, but not trashy.

Strange enough, but I have to agree with the first review of this fragrance from Giv1952. Play Intense is a little like Ange ou Demon, my signature perfume, especially on both's dry down phase. It's the tonka! I found the Play Intense to pair very well with Ange ou Demon (original EDP version), if not just hormones acting up with our body chemistry...

Heads up! Some are saying that this has been reformulated into a weaker scent and that you should look for the bottle pictured above.

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

I smelled it one time and I loved it. Then I smelled it again and I hated it. Now I'm interested in trying it out again.

hyuhang
hyuhang

Gourmand perfume. Sweet, vanilla and chocolate yet masculine. Not overbearing and more complex than Play. Enjoyed this. Good for a night out.

Dioguh

I got a sample of play intense and i'm trying today. in my skin, i can barely feel anything but coffee and patchouli. sillage it's not as great as i expected

Less is more unless it makes you snore! Basically, if you take the lavender out of Rochas Man and the tar, mint, and lavender out of A*Men, then combine them, you would get something like this. Those who say that lavender destroys the pleasantness of various "masculine" gourmands need not worry about that here, and I also get a kind of mild toasted coconut, which is nice. It's certainly pleasant, but only you can decide if you'd prefer something more complex or "challenging." It's not super sweet and it lasts well, with a musk that enhances the coffee quality, which is creamy. I don't get strong wood nor much of anything else that's strong but it smells reasonably natural and it has good longevity. Fortunately, there is no obnoxious "laundry musk" or iso e super overload, so again, less is more here, IMO, unless you like those aroma chemicals. If you want something more resinous with this general idea try Givenchy's Pi. Note that this is what I was hoping Pure Coffee would be like when I sampled it a few years back, though it's certainly possible the coffee note could have been made just a bit stronger. I think I'm keeping my bottle!

mundoglory
mundoglory

Simply one of the best smells in the history of perfume. And the longevity is great. But it doesn't project at all after 30 mins or so, it hugs the skin tightly. No one could smell it on me. Regrettably I sold my bottle after using about 10% of it.

So, so sad......hopefully they can reformulate to give better projection. Or maybe its just my skin.

Madholm
Madholm

This will be a definite buy for me, eventually; I'm still testing it at the moment. The fragrance is a lovely sweet caramel and soft spice on my skin. I pick up a hint of coffee but it's almost entirely blended into the sweeter notes. Once the base starts to settle in the fragrance takes on it's more masculine qualities and begins to ooze class; which is ironic given its tacky (yet well made) bottle. I have yet to clock longevity by testing earlier in the day, but the silage is a comfortable distance; ie, not pushy. However, given the scent I can't imagine anyone would mind if this stuff had monster silage as I don't detect a single offensive note. As someone who dislike A*men, I was pleased to find a gourmand I enjoyed.

Side note - It was very hot today so I was wearing ADG on the tops of my forearms (experimenting with locations) when I put this on my wrists to test for the second time. All I can say is wow! Starting with the bitter citrus and floral of ADG and rolling my arm under my noes to the Play intense is such a beautiful experience. Inhaling the citrus prior to this scent really sets up the aromatic deliciousness it has to offer. If that's the kind of experience people are going for with layering fragrances; I may become hooked.

My only complaint is the bottle, but I'm very glad the clerk at sephora suggested that I sample this one out as it was a pleasant surprise. The bottle does not remotely represent its contents.

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

Purchased this fragrance after smelling it once at a local department store.
Never looked back.
Givenchy Play Intense is an amazing gourmand that opens with a sharp coffee note, and quickly dwindles down to more subtle notes underneath.
When one thinks of coffee fragrances, one's mind might drift toward more of a Angel Men taste, but do not be fooled- GPI is in a class of its own. It brims with a coffee tone before transforming into a leathery aromatic that sits well on the skin for hours.
The projection is nice, as it will creep a few feet around wherever you spray for the first couple hours, before surfacing afterward to say hello now and again.
I very much enjoyed this cologne, and recommend it to any gourmand lovers. It is a much softer version of Angel Men, with a greater affinity toward caramel and the aromatic works.
Buy, try or recommend? Definitely a BUY.
Spray recommendations: one on the chest, one to the front base of the neck, and one to each arm (or spread from one to the other).

Longevity: 8/10 (8+ hours- above average)
Projection: 7/10 (It gets out there!)
Versatility: 7/10 (Most occasions- great for fall/ winter)
Smell: 8/10 (Sweet coffee, caramel, and aromatic goodness!)

goodluck28
goodluck28

I got this 100 ml fragrance bottle last year.. In my opinion this fragrance is not well blended .. The citrus and coffee notes are not well blended.. I think this will be great if no citrus .. This last 4-5 hours on my skin.. Good for cooler weather.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I cannot think of a fragrance that lasts anywhere near as long as this, lasts on me about 9 hours. Amazing. Massively remeniscent of Rochas Man, both have a burst of Sugar, and sweet coffee. The drydown is so good, slightly floral, slightly woody. Patchouli?? don't get that at all.

nellychick31
nellychick31

I repeatedly buy this for my husband and have for years. It's one of my absolute favorites, along with Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male and D&G Light Blue. This is definitely a more heavy, gourmand type fragrance - a sexy blend of coffee, tonka bean and slight vanilla. The lasting power is fantastic and it's the perfect cologne to wear in the evening. If you tend to gravitate towards fragrances with citrus notes, this may not be a hit, but I suggest at least giving it a try!

hslife27
hslife27

Smells sweet, If you like sweet gourmand fragrances try this! Some people have their opinions of it but its great for me. I even find the dry down to be somewhat similar to YSL La nuit L'homme(only the dry down). Also this lasts FOREVER. Sprayed two sprays on my wrist at 1PM yesterday and can still pick up a faint smell on my wrist. That's 30 hours so far.

devynm
devynm

Performance is great on this, but there is just something strange about this scent, not bad but just kinda off. I like fragrances with many of these notes, but this just isent for me.

RIVERA FRAGRANCE FANATIIC
RIVERA FRAGRANCE FANATIIC

I am about to buy this fragrance this weekend, I am going to add it my collection. it smells great..You can smell the coffee after 10min. It is SWEET, You will get a lot of compliments, they will ask you "what are you wearing?" It projects really well, lasts long (10+ hours) and you will love it... Some people wont like it but..they are just looking for something different RATE 9.5/10

kaysee
kaysee

It's amazing and very sexy.

BUT. it disappears after 15 mins... :(

Manny44
Manny44

Just a wonderful fragrance. Not overly sweet, the scent knows just when to turn on the green notes to avoid the Cloying "Gourmand" New Haarlem vibe. The cologne Ive reached for the most this winter, I'm always confortable wearing this one. I hereby nominate this for the Fragrance Hall of Fame.

kiviivi
kiviivi

coffe ? where? its rather light carmel and tonka

iDelon101
iDelon101

sweet and girls loves it. perfect for clubbing and night outs.

EternalWinter
EternalWinter

To me this smells like nothing,i don't know , i don't like it at all, longevity it's quite good ,but that's all.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

When this frag came out in 08, I have to agree with buysblind...it was also hard for me to take this fragrance serious.
I understand why Givenchy was appealing to a younger age between 18-40yrs old. By using the lingo "play" instead of "pour homme" it doesn't gives the impression that it's an old man's cologne.
Now about the fragrance...I was able to get my hands on a tester bottle and when I first srayed it on my skin it had just a hint of synthetic chemistry but after awhile it took on a much more unique and pleasant aroma giving a sweet blend. After it settled I was able to smell the pink pepper with coffee beans also labdanum giving it a real aromatic aroma. The base notes of tonka beans, patchouli and a touch of Vetiver making it a real attractive fragrance.
This frag is really versatile good for both during the day and evening. It's a real playful scent which makes it cozy and appealing to a younger person. Thou I'm in a older age group I still appreciate the fragrance altogether.
Both longevity and Silage are excellent...I found that it lasts for 8hrs.
Overall opinion,
This fragrance is excellent for casual and during work time. Every time I wear it I'm always getting compliment from co-workers which is nice. The aroma has a warm tone to it which makes it absolutely amazing.
Lastly one thing that this fragrance isn't and that's generic...I've smelt a lot more expensive frag which didn't have the zip that this frag has.
A very refreshing frag which could be used during the fall and winter days...it would go a long ways if spray it twice. Rating this fragrance is worth at least 8/10. :))

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

Nice coffee note. I like this better than rochas men. Ladies love it!!

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

if you like bvlgari black? you will like this..same vibe especially in the top notes ..this has a harsh opening similar to blvgari black or Fahrenheit..but the dry down is very smooth, creamy and sensual ..LADIES LOVE THIS! compliments all the time

papito28
papito28

Some people said that they doesnt smell the coffee at all. But in my personal opinion i think is smell just like coffee is sweet and girls love it. I will like to get more projection out of it but is a must have. 9 of 10

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

To be honest, on me this doesn't smell much like coffee at all, it smells more like marshmallows.

Yep, sweet, smooth marshmallows and yet it still smells masculine.

Lasts for at least 12 hours and has brilliant projection plus it draws plenty of compliments. Go easy on the sprays though otherwise it could become a bit too much, I think 3 sprays is ideal... maybe 4 if you're wearing it for a night out or in cold weather.

I would rank this as my 2nd favourite gourmand behind Hanae Mori. It's definitely worth a try if you haven't already... get's an 8/10 from me.

lovetribe
lovetribe

inesistent sillage and longevity.

foulandfragrant
foulandfragrant

This smells something like Kahlua shooters and nail polish remover. I imagine this would appeal to very young people or those who fancy a mug of cola syrup. This is basically Fahrenheit for bros. Because Fahrenheit pulls off sweetness without resorting to a cheap pick up. The bottle is entirely appropriate: play, as in playa.

locomusic01
locomusic01

@openingday, yes it's similar on skin. There are always some subtle differences with respect to skin chemistry and so on, but if you smelled it on paper then you have a decent idea of how it'll smell on skin. The only difference is that this frag goes through a nice, subtle evolution as it dries down, transitioning seamlessly from a sweet, almost edible coffee/cotton candy vibe to a warm, spicy, slightly woody scent.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I'm surprised I never reviewed Givenchy Play Intense, even though I've had it for quite a while.

To me, this fragrance isn't really coffee based, as I think that it is much more complex than just a hot cup of coffee.

Well, if it doesn't smell like coffee, then what does it smell like? Right off the bat, I get a blast of sweetness that kind of smells like cotton candy with a barely detectable coffee note. It also has a pepper note that isn't overwhelming. Once it gets into the heart, it starts to smell like something similar to coffee, and that is French vanilla. Although this isnt in the note breakdown, but I get some coconut which creates a really nice creamy/vanillic feel. In the base, it loses some of the sweetness and gets more woody.

Although this is supposed to be an intensified version of the original Play, it actually isn't too strong. Longevity is solid, giving me about 7-8 hours everytime I wear it. However, projection isn't that great. While it is potent when first sprayed, it quickly dies down and sits closer to the skin which is somewhat disappointing for an 'intense' fragrance.

Play Intense is a wonderful fragrance, and I love every bit of it. However, the only downside to it is that it lacks versatility. It works best at night during the cold. You can pull it off on a date or a nice dinner or even hanging out with friends, but only during cold nights. It just seems like you're trying too hard if you're wearing it in daytime.

If you are looking for a fall/winter fragrance that has interesting development and complexity, class, and sophistication, Givenchy Play Intense is a great option. You can't go wrong with this fragrance. It's simply outstanding.

openingday
openingday

I was surprised by this fragrance.
I sprayed it on a piece of paper not knowing what to expect (never read any reviews), and instantly got a sweet, delicious, almost edible aroma that instantly got me addicted. However, I got distracted by a friend and never sprayed it on my skin. For those that have tried on both paper and skin, is it relatively the same? Of course, I only got the top notes as well, the lady behind the counter threw away my paper sample after only 2-3 minutes.

areyouin729
areyouin729

awesome scent; very similar to Bond 9 New Haarlem but a little more tame and better for everyday use but New Haarlem is still a better overall scent.

sugarcane
sugarcane

This is one of my favorite colognes in my collection! The scent is sooo hypnotic and addicting. You can smell the coffee faintly and a sweet something else, the tonka bean perhaps? This scent is amazing from the beggining to end which is rare.

ahmedyoussif4000
ahmedyoussif4000

it smells like coffee .
i like it .
and have a dry down nice scent .

I LOVE IT!!! :)

JULY 9TH 2014 UPDATE:
I've just bought this juice...it's so delicious!
I can feel vanilla, chocolate liqueur, coffee, sandalwood, and anise.

I can't stop smelling my wrist. What a great purchase! :D

rolfii
rolfii

This is my favorite fragrance scentwise. This is also the weakest fragrance i've ever owned. I owned maybe 15 different frags and tested many more.
It's a shame that it doesn't project @ all. The longevity is ok with 7 hours but verrry close to skin.
If u like subtle scents you can go with it (only people who hug you will maybe smell it), but i can't recommend it for clubbing, nobody will smell you. But if it is smelled you will get complimented for sure.

Scent 9/10
Projection 2/10
Longevity 7/10

edit: did this got reformulated? it seems like it was way stronger in the past

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

i dont find this fragrance particularly gourmandish instead it shows a good ambery wood aspect that i really like ,easy to wear in a man during the working days ,warm in the skin with good projection

6.5/10

Cassiano
Cassiano

In 2008, the Givenchy House launched the male duo Play (the female duo was released in 2010), with a youthful and well thought approach, from the conception of the product to the final campaign. In addition to the olfactory connection between both versions, everything was thought to create a link with the theme: the bottle, which refers to an MP3 player and the campaign model, none other than Justin Timberlake.

In this version, as its name says, everything is more intense. However, it is not another "intense" version that has nothing to do with the original. Here, the DNA was retained in order to help the loyal user not to lose its olfactory signature. Personally, I'm a fan of companies that respect this line of thinking, doing this kind of work. When it comes to fragrances, it's very disappointing to get an "intense" version and discover that the aroma is quite different from the original, breaking the idea that one serves to complement the other.

Obviously, few notes were changed and the composition has Mandarin and bergamot in the output, the same Amyris wood, plus coffee flower and pink pepper (which replaced the black) in the heart and, finally, the base with vetiver and patchouli, which won more creaminess and seduction, thanks to the addition of the tonka bean and labdanum, with its leathery and ambery aroma.

The result is a less citric and juicier aroma, since the output, with nuances that are sweeter and smokier in the evolution, and with greater presence of the coffee flower. But the big secret, in my opinion, were the changes in the basis, because the labdanum reigns throughout the time and prints a darker and nocturnal side to this creation.

As I quote in the traditional version's review, for those who enjoy having a olfactory signature, this duo of fragrances is more than indicated, as they are very similar and the olfactory identity was maintained.
In this version, the projection is very good and the lasting is excellent, because it can lasts for more than 10 hours on the skin.

Deefit
Deefit

Finally got round to trying this. I can see the similarities people get between this and Rochas Man, but I prefer this one. Rochas Man has something that just puts me off a bit, keeps me from loving it. This is more likeable to me. But, on the other hand, on my skin it's also a lot softer than Rochas Man. I will give Givenchy another try though, in different conditions. Perhaps my skin was a bit too dry when testing it today.

jimmyd
jimmyd

I bought this fragrance yesterday and am very pleased with it. I am going to have to put off the full review as I have a cold now and cant get the full impact.What I do get is a spicy, deep, robust smell that is definitely masculine. I have Rochas Man, and it is nice, but this seems to have more substance. This is going to be my signature scent this fall and winter.

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

Wow! I dont like sweet perfumes but this perfume is not annoying sweet and really perfect mix of sweet and sexy

azizhejji
azizhejji

nice coffee & chocolate fragrance , masculine & elegant and stick on my clothes until next day .

42gr
42gr

Coffee ? Don't think so

I get Coconuts, Pineapple and essence of Rum with a bit of an old vinyl floor smell.

Its not bad, I'd call the scent amusing.

I say, any one for a Pina-Colada ?

MCvitic
MCvitic

I get 100ml of this today... Didn't smell it before, the bottle just "didn't get me", and I must say that when I try it today I was suprised (in a good way)

Sweet coffee notes, just so elegant !

The smell of fragrance don't "match" with the bottle,.. Bottle looks like the EDT is made for a teenager, and inside is something completely different

Anyway if you are looking to buy your self a fragrance for fall/winter dates, night outs, or you wont to enjoj some good coffie scent I highly recommend to try this one :)

9.5/10

BarnScent
BarnScent

Got a bottle of this stuff, 80ml remaining.
Original packaging, bought as a present for myself but i didnt enjoy it. Full lid, not a tester.
Looking for £20-30 for it, UK only and Paypal. Please message me for some pictures, i'll be sure to include the approximate image, and anything else needed :)

francis1645
francis1645

I tried this at Macys a few years ago and i loved it since then. I'm thinking of buying this or the Vince Camuto Man. I like both.

Art2112
Art2112

Your right DancinLeroy, this fragrance is absolutely outstanding but Rochas Man and New Haarlem are the very best coffee scents right now because they're made by the same artist/designer.

Bond No.9 New Haarlem is number one in my opinion (and yes ladies it's a top shelf unisex coffee/waffles kind of scent, try a sample of it to be sure you like it before buying a big bottle of it first).

I wish the Cuba Paris house would come out with an affordable type of coffee scent for us that's as good or maybe even better than Bond No.9's New Haarlem !

crypticat
crypticat

Gooey, persistent caramelized marshmallow scent. Very sweet dessert smell. Not sure I'd see a reason to wear this, unless attracting yellow-jackets is your idea of entertainment.

arzacu
arzacu

I don't understand the comparision to Rochas Man.

This one smells tacky, the mainstream masculine strong fragrance.
Rochas Man, smells gourmand, very sweet, strange to be a mens fragrance, it's delicious.

Sorry but I love Rochas Man, one of my favorites in my collection, but this one... mmm... no thanks!

ularewolf
ularewolf

Out of my 25+ collection, this is the only one to garner attention from my co-workers and customers (I work at a drugstore).

I wear different scents all the time and when I wore this, a co-worker wanted to know what I was wearing, then the next day a customer almost flipped his noodle and was dying to know what I had on.

The bottle is the only one in my collection that is half-full too, which means it's been worn a lot..

At first I didn't like it, but the rubber-plastic opening started being more enjoyable, then I noticed the bits of green fougere intertwined. It slowly dries down to a coffee and tonka vibe, giving it a very balmy feel.

It's not overly sweet though by any means, and it's weird but it has a smell of how a clean eraser would smell like, just amped up and sweeter.

A very unique and pleasant scent that has garnered more attention than anything else in my collection. I would definitely recommend this if you're in search of a different scent that's reasonably priced, well liked and has some complexity.

Not going to talk about notes on this one...plain to see or rather smell.
(COFFEE!)
On my wants list but not in love enough to be a priority yet...It's very nice indeed.

Update: got this now and I'm very happy with it on my skin it's really nice just on the right side or gourmand for me with its coffee & chocolate notes. Subtle but deep and thoroughly enjoyable.

Jclark2169
Jclark2169

Not a gourmand lover but very intrigued by this upon sampling. Love the new plasticky vibe this has and after sampling several times, finally purchased. Enjoying more and more and is my fall staple out of 60+ bottle collection. Definitely a unique fragrance and very glad to own this one.

kakaka2
kakaka2

I anticipated my encounter with Play Intense mainly for the great feedback on the coffee note. And yes, it is there for sure but... I think I was expecting something not so mono dimensional. I mean, as nice as this fragrance is, it doesn't project much. This, in combination with it not turning out so well on my skin, will make me continue my search for a decent coffee scent.

Yet, no hard feelings, it really is not bad...

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

This is a elegent coffee scent with good longevity but poor projection, smells like Rochas Man in the top notes, but in the base it's very masculine

Projection: 5/10

and absolutely I Love It!

haywardb
haywardb

As much as I love this scent on others, on my skin it smells like baby powder. I've tried it a few times and every time I can't wait to wash it off.

passion4fashion
passion4fashion

Ohhhhhhhhhh....
How sexy and masculine...
If this was a human...
He would be a man...
Whose lap I would sit on,
even without his permission...
Whose shirt I would slowly take off...
while looking in his eyes
and run my hand through his hair,
kissing him without warning...
then I'll move on to his pants.
This one is too sexy for words.
Forgive me. :P

kambelz
kambelz

Very nice smelling cold weather fragrance. The bottle is tacky, but I don't really care. It smells like a vanilla latte with donuts and almost a nutty quality. The opening has a little bit too much pink pepper for me, which is my only complaint. This is a great safe gourmand for every day use for me, as it isn't very loud on my skin.

Buysblind
Buysblind

Great fragrance unfortunately housed in a somewhat childish and tacky bottle (although personally, I like it). Givenchy Play Intense has a wonderfully enveloping texture that radiates a soft aura around the wearer. It smells like a vanilla cappuccino or perhaps maybe even a little darker...a vanilla mochachino. A little mandarin orange up top and great use of a dry patchouli/vetiver combo in the base, this is one of my winter staples. It doesn't smell "natural," necessarily, there is a sort of plasticky, "manufactured" smell to it, but that's not a bad thing in this case. It works. Play Intense is easy to wear, light enough to bring indoors, and extremely versatile. I wear it to work, going out at night, or just bumming around the house--and I get a solid 6 to 8 hours every time. Play Intense can be had for a very reasonable price and is something that will give you plenty of use. Appropriate for all ages and easy to find in stores, I highly recommend this.

Other fragrances in the same vein are Rochas Man, A*Men, A*Men Pure Coffee and Taste of Fragrance, and Rocawear Evolution.

murillocezar
murillocezar

it serves for parties? This scent has a fragrance modern or old school? this scent is better than the Pi (givenchy)?

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Wow, a mix of Thierry Mugler Pure Coffee, Rochas Man. Super longevity and sillage on my skin. I sampled this in a department store a couple of days ago and although it was a warm sunny day it was a fragrance I wanted to test. So glad I did. Bought it there and then. This is perfect for night time use so strong and will be perfect on me in winter as I switch between this an Thierry Mugler A*Men original.

AngryMatthew
AngryMatthew

Beautiful scent, ugly bottle.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

It opens with a citrus scent then dries down into a gentle spiced coffee scent. I would not say it smells really like coffee. In fact I haven't find something smells like real coffee in perfumes. But Play Intense does evoke an image of bitter coffee. It somehow also has an incense-like smell. I find it not very sweet, and clean. It's a versatile fragrance, not cloying sweet for summer and spicy enough for winter, day and night, unisex as well. That said, it still has its caracter. Its sillage is moderate and the longevity 7h+ on me.

Molko
Molko

Play intense is one of the best "male" or unisex fragrance. Very modern, warm (not enormous) and fresh at the same time, creamy, sweet citrusy scent with a hint of vanilla and more tonka bean. Sophisticated, intense but playful, not too serious but have to attention for this, not usual. I think the 'want it' category, not a love or hate fragrance, cause everybody likes it:)

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

This smells like coffee? My first take is that it smells like coconuts, or a creamy vanilla scent. I'm not getting coffee here.

I'll write a longer review when I wear it for a day.

---------

Caist
Caist

Sexy, Mature and Dynamic, Cool-misty

This apparently smells the best on me, I've had compliments from down the table to even male passerbys. I like how versatile this one is in the occasion to wear, I find it a great daytime fragrance if you're more a seriously fragranted and charismatic type. I really don't smell the coffee all that much but maybe I need to look at the word while I'm smelling it.. I really get more the (in order from top-btm) white pepper/vetiver/(subtil)mandarine. Strangely refreshing!

stayclose
stayclose

Thod one smells like wood and incense to. I like it.

Amadeus_k
Amadeus_k

i loves this one it's so spicy and worm really good for the winter.,, this is my absolute favorite cold weather cologne..

emandemon
emandemon

The opening is so good. A strong, spicy and sweet citrus, it's golden. Then on my skin, it quickly goes into a sweet vanilla/chocolate scent, with a little bit of coffee in the background. To me, this cologne is definitely more unisex in the first few hours of its life, then it turns more masculine.

I haven't smelled Rochas Man, so I can't compare at all. But this is a delicious scent, my lady friend says it kinda smells like Axe Dark Temptations, but much more complex since PI is an actual perfume and not just a body spray.

I blind bought this, and am not disappointed at all.

Longevity and projection seem to be moderate on my skin, still decent.

oatcrust18
oatcrust18

For some reason I CANT STAND THIS fragrance. Im a gourmand lover and I like the potent angel men. But for some reason the coffee note is not done right and its too sweet, does not blend very well.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

I LOVE warm gourmand strong fragrances, men's or women's. I sprayed this on paper and it was beautiful, and after reading so many reviews, I bought a bottle. Spraying it on my skin was NOT the same as it smelled on paper. Definately does not work with my body chemistry. I am soooooooo disappointed. :-(

puremalt
puremalt

Its still not too late to change the bottle designe. What a cheap bottle for such a great fragrance.

PaulDJ
PaulDJ

I've had this for a year or so. Its one of the best Gourmand scents I have smelt/owned. Its a rich, dark & sweet scent. Its longevity is killer on me and projection is pretty wild. Don't go over board when using it, its really pretty tough to get out of your cloths if you get carried away. I get a lot of coffee and sweet kind of cocoa smell. It is a lovely scent. One I go back to on a regular basis.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Play intense induces intense headaches for me.

I get an overwhelming burnt plastic smell.

I'm not sure what kind of "coffee" they use in this blend.

The bottle looks stupid.

Lasts long however, god help me...

Even as a gift I wouldn't wear it.

gd15329

I re-test this yesterday...
I misjudged this at first. This is a very nice coffee fragrance. Masculine and elegant not too sweet but sweet enough.

Not to be confused with Givenchy Play, this one is not so good fragrance...

Only problem with Givenchy Play Intense is that it does not last very long for Intense... other than that is great.

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

jj2533
jj2533

got this few days ago. it was between this la nuit and ultimate code. wanted something for night and winter but this scent KICKS ASS!!! longevity was easily 10 hrs and projection wasnt great but not bad. i had at least 3 compliments and one girl said i smelled like a vanilla latte at the beach??? whateves. GO BUY IT!!!!

Limelight
Limelight

Obviously Play Intense smells great, especially as it settles down. It is potent and will linger for a long time. I think it should be worn only with colder temperatures because it is warm, cozy, and a little thick.

waqaskhan55
waqaskhan55

This fragrance I have to say is a probably the best musky fragrance I have owned yet. On my skin all you get is Tonka Bean and Coffee but thats whats so great about it. When I first read of its description I went instore to have a whiff, found that it was Super smooth probably as smooth as Jean Paul Gaultier but without the headache. I have to be honest though I was expecting the coffee to be more stronger like a Cappuccino but its more like a Latte in the sense that its creamy with little to none punch in there but you still can pick up the coffee. A great buy nonetheless. Awful bottle design but the content is great.
I find myself bringing my wrist to my nose every other hour. Always puts me in the mood for another Coffee Date.

bcire3k
bcire3k

Wow, have to vouch for its longevity. Sprayed a sample on my sweater on a Tuesday, still smelled in on the sweater when I wore it Sunday. That's pretty crazy. Smells good too.

Edit: This has become my favorite scent. Which is sad considering it is the cheapest fragrance I've purchased. Also gets the most compliments if anybody is interested in compliments. Most say they want to eat me. You interpret that for yourself.

gd15329

Sampled it today. Just an OK and a half fragrance to me, I think I will pass... Just a nice coffee (sugared) reminds me Black Vetyver Cafe Jo Malone for men but GPI is just an itch better... (not something "intense" for sure.

Nothing similar to Givenchy Play Eau de Toilette in my nose

Overall: 6.5/10

rprovenz
rprovenz

Smells excellent. Serious compliment getter.

VanThe
VanThe

Great smell.
I think it can be used when you want (in Fall/winter/cold weather) but it's perfect for a night out, clubbing or date.
I can't get the coffee, honestly. I know i get a sweet, gourmandish, edible smell. Far, far from over the top, BTW.

Check this out NOW.

I get 10+ hours of this, easily and with very good projection. People who say this doesn't last: Sorry, but it's YOUR problem. Your skin, olfactory fatigue, whatever.

Females really like it, too.

The bottle is well made but i must say that the MP3 thing isn't my thing either. I like a nice bottle but in this case i'm cool with it. Dark, heavy glass, pretty nice sprayer and can see the juice. Enough for me ;)

kambelzful
kambelzful

One of the most versatile gourmand fragrances out there. Although, I wouldn't wear it in the summer, it's still playful and casual enough to wear to work or school. I simply cannot get enough of this scent.

It opens with a woody, sweet citrusy, coffee that stays through the whole duration of the fragrance. It for sure smells like a very sweet vanilla latte. I get hints of chocolate in the dry down. It also has sort of a nutty quality, almost like hazelnut in the background. Nothing but good things to say about this fragrance. I will own bottle after bottle. It's delicious smelling.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

i tried it today,i cant find coffee,but chocalate and vanilla r wonderful! i liked it and recommend it.

im sure that ladies like it on ur neck and body
and the longevity is perfect..!

SwagScent
SwagScent

This is a nice chocolate fragrance. It smells a bit synthetic, but decent.

Gault
Gault

Sure the bottle is ugly as hell, its gonna scare away a lot of potential buyers, but I havent decided yet it is a blessing or not.
This is strictly winter time fragrance, not very versatile, maybe works for cooler fall nights too, but if you looking for a fall/spring alternative, just go with regular Play. Both have this heavenly cappuccino vibe with freshly baked biscuits/donuts, dry, a little bit powdery, very sweet, many will find this too much or themselves not confident enough to wear it.
Its almost unisex and maybe bold girls can wear it too, but to be honest it has a masculine side (especially the slightly bitter/earthy drydown) which I dont wanna smell on women, its a little bit more obivious choice than Pi when it comes to decide which sex is more suitable to wear it. As for the age group, I really dont want to define who could wear this, anyone.

There should be no complaints of longevity or projection, this is one of the few fragrances you cant actually notice how potential it is, the approximately 2m scent cloud lasts 4-5 hours, then it becomes closer to the skin for another 4-5h, but sometimes I can smell it on myself the next day.

You should try this several times before buying. I find it pricy (probably the most expensive Givenchy), considering its versatility a full bottle would last for at least a half decade to me.
I've got a minor nausea too when I wear this gem.
Its pretty evil thing to do, I know, but I actually wear this to laugh at womens trembling reactions.:]

alessio l
alessio l

Onestly i don't know how it's possible that Givenchy discontinue V.I. to produce this one.
1. The packaging is ridicolous, it's good for 14 years old guy
2. The fragrance remind me of a burnd rubber, c'est pas "la classe"
Longevity and projection 9/10
Smell 6/10
Packaging 2/10
Overall 6/10

gh(oh)st
gh(oh)st

I don't know
where is coffee in this perfume ??
its good and nice
but there is no coffee in this perfume ..

Nik604
Nik604

OMG...There's nothing manly here, it's just some melting candies and expensive bottle...

cmoca
cmoca

I love it! My friend wears this all the time and I always have to sniff him out. Whenever we hug I want to stay in there forever..

MrKingJubJub
MrKingJubJub

This is an amazing fragrance! It is (as previously stated) a gourmond that focuses very heavy on the cofee note. One of the things that is amazing about Play Intense is that while it is strong and very easily noticed, it is at the same time (assuming that it is not oversprayed) not very offensive, making it, in my opinion, very versatile. It gets compliments, lasts forever,projecting the whole time, smells amazing and overall dose everything a fragrance should. Undeniably one of my favorites.

Rating

Underpriced 0/1

Overall 45.5/45

JenniferK
JenniferK

I just wanted to point out that the above information is wrong, it comes in EDT not EDP

aeo005
aeo005

I got a few samples of this for my husband. He did a small spray on his wrist another on his neck. I fell in love!! SO SEXY! Very leathery, earthy, with warm coffee and tobacco tones. It's very masculine. I wanted to snuggle into him all night, which I did until....

it ended up giving me a stomach ache. I'm not sure why, but I now feel nauseated from this fragrance. It's such a shame, too, because we both really enjoyed it. Make sure you try a sample for a day or two before buying.

dromidreza
dromidreza

روی پوست من ماندگاری و پخش بوی متوسطی داشت.بویی که باقی میمونه مخلوط قهوه و وتیور هست.کاری معمولی و یه کم زنونه.بد نیست

InsertName
InsertName

I think that it's your local playboy bottled. Sexy, confident, masculine, little mysterious with hint of darkness.

It's clearly made for night outs and clubbing at fall/winter time. Lasting power is amazing and it has good projection.

-Projection: Good projection with some silage. Might be better projection than you think at first.
-Longevity: Great longevity. Can last 15 hours on my skin and still gives some projection.
-Age group: Males 20-40 years old.
-Occasions: Night out and clubbing at fall/winter.
-Sprays: Do not over spray this! 1-4 sprays is enough. One on back of the neck and one on each wrist is good starting point.
-Value for money: Great value if you are searching for night time scent.

Buy/Try/Pass: Must try for sure.

Juancho410
Juancho410

Excelent fragrance, its similar to Farenheit absolute without the gasoline smell hehehehehe.

jusifragrance
jusifragrance

Nice gourmand winter scent. When used in the warmer weather gets easily cloying and too heavy. Downgrade your sprays and it will do okay in the fall too. But this is for the colder months and the colder it gets the scent gets also better.

I dont recommend to use this in the summer. Maybe you can get away with one spray as a night time scent.

I absolutely love the opening. The scent starts off citrusy, fruity and sweet. I get a huge load of pink pepper. Right from the start you also get a lot of mandarin and some bergamot. You can also smell the coffee here and it lingers around so well now. Its actually a nice cappuchino vibe going here. Absolutely the best part of the scent.

As the juice starts to dry down you lose a lot of citruses and the scent becomes warmer and warmer. Nice thing is that the pink pepper still lingers around and keep things semi-sweet.

Few hours from the beginning and you start to reach the basenotes. This is when things get boring. Pink pepper is now gone and what you basically get is a strong coffee scent with kinda vanillish vibe on it. The coffee is almost too potent now and it tries to hide everything underneath it.

So now you are glad that the weather is cold and you didnt try this in the summer time. You also realize (if you dont hate the coffee smell) that the cold weather and the coffee smell is not a bad combo afterall.

How many sprays?: I suggest 2-3 sprays.

Projection: heavy.

Longevity: long lasting

So a nice scent with lovely top notes, nice middle notes and okay basenotes.

Make sure you can live up with those boring basenotes and you will be satisfied for sure.

enna1408
enna1408

Girls love this..... trust me ;)

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

I will say this is a big improvement over it's father which to me smelled very flat. This adds more depth & feeling as I hoped it would since it is named intense! But if it were to compete against other gourmands in it's range I'd rank Play Intense dead last. It is not bad, but it is not great either. Spices, coffee, citrus, vanilla come rolled together to make a decent fragrance but one that will not stand out against it's competitors.

I find the longevity of this average, with low-medium silage. If your more into a subdued gourmand & not the heavier guys like A Men, Lolita Lempicka etc.. Give this a try. It gets a very balanced neutral from me.

DaZeD
DaZeD

The bottle design is clearly ment to attract a younger audience, but not necessarily, i'd say up to 40 maybe late 40's after that i might switch to something else.
I don't like this bottle, it's immature, but the scent is wonderful.

When i first sniffed it it was identical to Rochas Man when it's dried down.

On my skin this one is stonger though, and that's great 'cause Rochas Man does'nt last long enough and i need to aply a lot if i want decent projection, this one projects a lot more imo.

Nice and warm versatile scent, i really love it.

WayneDN
WayneDN

This morning I purshased this cologne looking for a long lasting evening cologne. I find the fragrance a bit different from other colognes that I have and simular to others. I think it is moderate in lasting and projection. Time will tell what others say about this when I am wearing it. Right now I am happy with the purshase.

perfumebox
perfumebox

As a woman who is no stranger to gourmands, I find this to be more of a masculine woody-oriental that straddles fresh and sweet, but isn't overtly edible.

The opening is spiked with a hint of spice, but you seem to skip right past the citrus in a blink. The absence of vanilla is brilliant because it keeps the overall composition translucent and allows the vetyver and woods to come through. In its place, tonka adds some creaminess so the overall effect is ever so slightly delicious, but nobody is going to wonder if you spilt your cappuccino. (You should note that there is a very slight synthetic Play-doh overtone to it which some people might dislike, but that I find weirdly comforting. It's no worse than something like Very Irresistible or Pi.)

Lasting power is good, and projection is just average compared to heavyweights like A*Men, Joop! or Pi. But that's perfectly fine because you're not going to assault everyone's nostrils when you wear it.

Kain
Kain

A great coffee based fragrance with so pleasant smell and good projection and longevity.
The opening is sweet coffee scent with noticeable spice and hint of citrus notes in the background.
The citrus notes give the scent a semi fresh and almost tart smell, but because of strong sweet tonka bean and coffee notes it's in the background.
In the mid the citrus and spicy notes settle down and you have a sweet but at the same time bitter coffee scent which is really pleasant.
Coffee lovers give this one a chance!
As I said both projection and longevity is good. it's not a monster but it's really good and definitely above average.
يه عطر بسيار خوشبو بر پايه رايحه قهوه
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي شيرين و قوي قهوه هست كه مقدار قابل ملاحظه اي بوي فلفل اونو همراهي ميكنه
خوب كه بو بكشين يه بوي تقريبا ترش و نسبتا شادابي هم وسط اين همه شيريني و تلخي و تندي احساس ميكنين كه به خاطر وجود رايحه مركبات هست ولي همونطور كه گفتم بدليل رايحه هاي شيرين دانه هاي تانكا و قهوه بوش ضعيفه و بايد كمي دقت كنين تا متوجه بوش بشين
در ادامه بوي فلفل و مركبات كم كم محو ميشن و شما بوي شيرين دانه هاي تانكا و بوي تلخ قهوه رو حس ميكنين كه بوي بسيار خوشايد و البته خاصي داره
پخش بو و ماندگاري اين عطر خوبه. خيلي زياد نيست اما كم هم نيست و بيشتر از متوسط هست
كار خيلي خوبيه. حتما تستش كنين
خصوصا اگه از بوي قهوه خوشتون مياد

dani_i89
dani_i89

Love the smell, but doesn't last long at all. Will stick to pure havane

stromfish
stromfish

Liked the regular version of Play so I tought I would give this on a go. I got this one without even trying it first.
Well what a disapointement. I really don't get how people can find a resemblence between the original and the intense version.The original is very refreshing, citrusy and woody. This one is so sweet and syntethic (in a strong chemical, burnt plastic kind of way) it almost makes me sick. A total miss in my opinion.

Smyle12
Smyle12

In response to Crestfallen, I agree with you. There was a recession (you may recall! lol) the year that this came out, and you may also have noticed that virtually all fragrances of any merit from 2008 or prior have either been reformulated or simply discontinued. The Great Reccesion, coupled with the international restrictions on fragrance ingredients have had a profound impact on the quality of all designer fragrances of recent production. It's a shame. :( I like this fragrance quite a bit, but if it lasted longer and projected better, I would certainly own it. Of course, I've only sampled it from Sephora on two occasionns but I'm sure I could find an older bottle on of it eBay... one always can. :)

banks1124
banks1124

Really nice stuff! I'm testing it on a pretty warm day and definitely agree that its a cool weather frag. I think its the herbal and balmy accords that come together on my skin to make a very comforting slightly smokey incense smell to me (pink pepper I guess). I could take a little more of the vetiver and a little less tonka bean but the sweetness doesn't ruin the scent for me. Will try again in the cold. I think this would sell a ton if the marketing and bottle were more elegant.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Wonderful smell I like the bottle as well

mario.biani@gmail.com
mario.biani@gmail.com

For me the best perfume what i am ever smell,is so sexy,strong,masculine,oh God i can't describe this love...for evening(winter)..Perfect 10/10 :))

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

Mmmm, not bad! The package suggests a really cheap and awful formulation, but I was surprised. It has made it to my list of future purchases, or a welcomed gift from friends and family. You really can't judge a book by its cover.

holyxhooker
holyxhooker

lovely bottle, the fragrance itself is fresh, spicy and not bad at all. it isn't the most complex fragrance in the world, but it's allright. i'd give this a 7 out of 10 ..

crestfallen

Did they reformulate this/make it weaker?? I bought a 1.7oz bottle last year and it was amazing, lasted 8hrs or more. I ran out so my parents bought me the 3.3oz giftset from Nordstroms and it smells A LOT weaker and doesn't last even 2 hours. Neither are fakes, both are genuine but the new bottle is like watered down juice...

baltimoreboy215
baltimoreboy215

I absolutly love this stuff, great for a night out. My fiance loves this stuff. I get plenty of compliments when I wear this. So for anybody looking for a fragrance that will make an impression, look to this one

fertonani
fertonani

Eu realmente não gostei dessa fragrância. Café é totalmente sintético. Fiquei enjoado, tentei usar por duas vezes e não me adaptei a fragrância. Me lembrou muito a um perfume do boticário, Lhotse.

cory9207
cory9207

Bottle is a little awkward, but the fragrance is great and I can't stop smelling myself! This cologne is better suited for nighttime use, yet I can't help but wear it into the office sometimes because the longevity and sillage are AMAZING! I've gone through a 10-hr day and still been able to smell this on me with a spray to the chest and the wrist. Not the most unique scent ever, but Justin's best work nonetheless. Ha

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Great smell but the bottle is silly and immature.

kenney77
kenney77

Absolutely amazing scent love coffee and vanilla in frags very strong and sweet love it I hope to buy it soon one of the best out there

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

For the longest time I avoided this cologne simply based on the fact that I hated the bottle it's in. I think it's immature looking and just plain ugly. A few weeks ago I went to a department store and was testing a lot of different colognes. The clerk was kind of pushy and was spraying a lot of samples on test strips that I didn't even ask to smell. None of them excited me until she sprayed this one. I can say that I was really shocked and surprised at how good the scent was compared to the bottle it was in. I just don't feel like the bottle is a good reflection of the delicious smelling cologne inside. I didn't buy it that day but the smell was good enough to make me think about the cologne until I decided I had to have it. I finally purchased it this week and all I can say is it's one of my favourites already. On the second day I wore it I had someone tell me how nice I smelled. I wish all of my colognes would get compliments like that but they don't. I can't stop sniffing myself when I have this one on. It just goes to show that you can never judge a book by it's cover!

SmokinYodas
SmokinYodas

The starting notes of mandarin tangerine and a somewhat tart bergamot can be smelled clearly. Very refreshing and clean, but it quickly fades away. What follows is a sweet masculine oriental-gourmand with vanilla qualities that continue on for 7-12 hours on the dry-down.

Unfortunately for me it's too late.. I'm an addicted basenoter at heart and can't stop sniffing myself. lol. This cologne takes me back to some far away magical place of peace, tranquility and relaxation. On my skin, Givenchy Play Intense lasts very long, and projects well with just 2-3 sprays. Overall a classy scent and worth a try.

If there ever was a problem with being too good this one has it. After using Givenchy Play Intense for a week straight it was overindulging in that same way as having ate too much candy, fortunately I'm completely fixed now with a week off cycle of Polo and other non-gourmand favorites; moderation is key. ;)

yella_light
yella_light

A wonderful sweet gourmand fragrance.
My first thought upon smelling this: Coffee cake.
This may be too sweet for some.
The dry down is actually better, because it's more smooth. It smells like a vanilla coffee drink after a few hours.
I was in search for a coffee fragrance that wasn't too expensive, and this is amongst the best.
Givenchy is known to make sweet aromatic fragrances.
Smells like Rochas and New Haarlem.
This fragrance can only offend people who hate the smell of coffee or cakes, and I have yet to know anybody who does. Because it projects well, there's no need to spray much
(2-3 sprays max)

Age group: 21+
Projection: 5 stars
Longevity: 5 stars
Smell: 4.5 stars
Versatility: 1 stars
Overall: 4.25 stars

parishiltonsiren15
parishiltonsiren15

I happen to LOVE this fragrance. Im not one, to wear many mens fragrances, so they have to be VERY good in order for me to wear them. Im a teenage guy, and usually only wear women's fragrances. Simply, because they smell better. Most men's cologne have the potential to smell the exact same. But not this one... a VERY powdery, soft scent. The only fail to this fragrance, is the name. Play Intense? No... i think not. It is VERY soft & subtle. Great to wear to the office, hot summertime, nighttime, an office, anywhere. It accomadates to every occasion, no matter where you're at. Two things i HATE in a fragrance, is Patchouli & Powder. But this fragrance, is the ONLY expetion for the powdery note. It is layered so softly with the Tonka Bean & Cofee Beans, i think it makes it okay. It could easily pass for a womens fragrance. EASILY. So, if you are like me and HATE powdery scents, don't pass up this one. You might be quite surprised.

zelmu
zelmu

Smells like Rochas man and Fuel for Life blended together

swix
swix

I absolutely hate the bottle it comes in, but I love the way this smells. Horrible bottle. Excellent smell. I definitely don't regret buying it.

Dioguh

I have tried this one on my skin, and believe me, it's really good. Its long lasting, its sweet but not very and I think its charming, classy and deep. My next aquisition for sure! =)

Bobby Reds
Bobby Reds

hithereimdan: That would be the tonka bean i think giving the vanilla.

hithereimdan
hithereimdan

I'm curious to know if anyone else detects a vanilla note in this? Which of the actual notes am I confusing for vanilla? Help!

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

I've owned Rochas Man for years and was interested in testing Givenchy Play Intense after seeing all of the comparisons on this board. The top notes compare similarly but the drydown is very different with each. RM drys down to a vanilla, creamy scent that, to me, is best worn during fall and winter. GPI drys down to more of a vetiver with a hint of citrus that could be worn year round. I enjoy them both.

renato_arleo
renato_arleo

one of the best perfumes I've ever had in my entire life, was one of my signatures. The notes of them is indescribable. Very good, love at first sight. 10/10
Indispensable in the collection, essential ..

sedan79
sedan79

many compliments, projection is very good but longevity is awesome on my skin >>12 hours.
One of my favorites !!

karthiktas
karthiktas

Givenchy Play Intense is like A" Men without Tar note. The coffee & Vanilla plays the game. The projection is good & Longevity is average on my skin. It got expensive smell. Its good, I like it.

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

if i were a perfumer, I would not put the coffee in a fragrance, I do not like the smell of coffee at a party, I hope that in this perfume, the coffee be of short duration, because there are perfumes that the smell of coffee lingers and is really a shame the smell of coffee at a party. I tried some coffee perfume and you smell like you've smearing coffee instead of perfume

Tonage
Tonage

I really like this smell, smells like sweet vanilla cookies, girls dig that ishh, i got a lot of compliments from this. This my favourite!

10/10 (seriously)

donkey_kong
donkey_kong

i have a 50 ml pretty much full bottle of givenchy play intense if any UK users wants to trade for a boss bottled bottle of any size

andy

Gienchy Play Intense is a very nice, sexy smell that will definately get compliments and has a great rich smell that will get u noticed an a VERY good way. Right from givenchy I get a lot of quality in the fragrance and the ingredients and it really stands up well against potential scents u may consider instead making it a great buy.

I will sometime want to get this at some point, probably when it gets colder in the winter

rfp111
rfp111

My first fragrance where I got my first complement from somebody sitting about 4 to 6 feet away

del
del

The first time I sprayed this on paper/strip card, Givenchy Play Intense reminded me of Rochas Man. But after spraying it on my skin several times, and wearing it full for a couple of days, GPI really separates itself from other sweet fragrances.

The opening is fruity, I associated this with the smell of the inside of a sweet fruit after it has been peeled or knifed open. It's hard for me to identify the notes after the scent settles, but the combination of vanilla and patchouli is noticeable on the drydown.

Although the bottle is kind of gimmicky, the overall scent is really versatile. It is deliciously sweet, but light enough to be worn in an office/work environment; manly enough to be used on a date; distinctive enough to be an everyday scent for winter.

On my skin, Givenchy Play Intense lasts very long, and projects well. Worth a try.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Strange, unusual, but very pleasant.
It's hard for me to really describe, but it is very Givenchy.
Gourmand, sweet Coffee, almost like Mugler's A*Men, but less spicy pepper, something faintly floral plastic, Resinous... almost like, the thrill of fresh electronics out of the package.
It's not that intense.
I Agree, it has a passing resemblence to Axe Dark Temptations. But more well done, more complex. Tonka Bean is often overdosed in a lot of modern male frags.

**Edit: NOW i remember!! the opening reminds me of the opening of Etat Libre D'Orange's "Fat Electrician" But thankfully, that weird green note fades fast into the smooth cacao-Tonka vibe. Far more tolerable and pleasant.

Sillage: modest
Longevity: fades quick, but lingers well.

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

I went Givenchy crazy and grabbed this along with PI and Neo, all in gift sets and at excellent prices.

I didn't have a lot of experience with this house personally and decided that it was time for something with a bit more "Oomph" and this along with the other two did not disappoint. My sillage monsters are all old school and all of the recent releases I own have slid into the "office scent" category yet all command premium prices (Bleu Chanel, Gucci Homme come to mind)so it was time to add some recent heat and Play Intense certainly does that. This is how Darth Vader would smell lol.

I have no problem with premium prices but I expect serious bang for my buck and Givenchy appears to still use the good stuff which is what is needed to have staying power.

Smelling great for an hour is meaningless to me and that seems to be the direction that some of the famous houses are headed in by paying more for marketing and advertising than the key ingredients and we collectors have very long memories and don't appreciate being taken advantage of. If you are going to use mostly synthetics then sell them for the same prices as Axe and Tag and not $67 dollars a bottle. Thankfully Givenchy has chosen not to go this route and I hope they continue putting quality first.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I think that Givenchy play intense and Rochas Man differ as well. RM has a very sweet smell with a powdery/patchouli drydown mixed in with the cappuccino/vanilla sweetness. GPI has a dirtier, more earthy and tobacco drydown mixed with the coffee/vanilla sweetness. Both smell very good and if you like "gourmand" style fragrances, they both are must owns. Also, I wouldn't compare GPI to New Haarlem either since I would compare Rochas man to New Haarlem first.

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

For those who put givenchy play intense smells like rochas man you're terrible wrong. PI smells like a peppery coffee (a little bitter but more on the sweet side) Rochas man smells like a cotton candy sweet vanillic cappuccino (which is sugar sweet from beginning to end) They both go their separate directions. Its just like saying Cool Water and ADG smell the "exact" same because they are both fresh aquatics...

andy

i like this version better than teh original play,which i think is kinda fresh. This version really has a nicer drydown and it is a way more interesting combination of notes and works quite well

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

Givenchy Play Intense consists of a bunch of notes that I don't smell at all. When I smell this, I smell chocolate, vanilla, and wood. MAYBE a little coffee in there, too somewhere. It's a nice fragrance! I just don't smell a lot of the notes it says it contains like the fruity/botanical notes and the pink pepper.

God bless!!

Barolo
Barolo

As a fan of Givenchy Play, I was curious to see the similarities/differences in the "Intense" offering.

I was very surprised to find that Intense is anything but. I found Intense to be the shallower of the two fragrances. There's a deep and rich quality to Play... Intense is a thinner fragrance that smells sweeter reminding me of a hot caramel sundae.

In my opinion they have these marketed backward. Play is the intense version, and Intense the tame version.

I intensely plan on sticking with regular Play when it comes to choosing between the two.

EDIT: I got a big bottle of this and I enjoy it pretty much equally with the original Play. I don't really understand those who have huge opinion swings on the two offerings. It seems many bash the original and like this stuff. They're not that much different to have such a wide divide in opinion.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Nice fragrance. Starts out slightly fruity and citrus, then the coffee note pop in for the reminder of the scent life. This is a lighter Angel Man without the tar note, therefore easier to wear. Average projection and 8 hours scent life for me. 8/10

Dreamcatcher92
Dreamcatcher92

I smelled it on paper and I thought it smelled like Rochas Man, then when I came back home I tried my Rochas and changed my mind!!
They both have the coffee/Mocha/chocolate but in different ways, while Rochas Man has the unmistakable vanilla drydown, Play Intense has the fruits n pink pepper...oh well, it's worth the money!

Sillage: 8/10

dipxet
dipxet

wow! wat a great perfume! i bought it on the high side but i've definitely not regretted. the coffee-chocolate flavour is exceptional and its longevity is excellent. a definite must buy for all!

dad hash
dad hash

The only sweet frag which i like from my heart but the projection sucks only i can feel after half an hour on myself if i put my nose on it or if some one hug me though i spray atleast 7 wiffs on me every single time, no doubt the longevity is ultra...

jozi1991
jozi1991

Very like this one. Sweet but not annoying at all. I like mixture of coffee and tonka bean with little pink pepper. Love this scent its so sexy and warm. Longevity is about 6-12 hours so its very nice. I think it is also very versatile and projects pretty well. Overall 9,5/10

Soft almost vanillic scent with citrus ala Hanae Mori. Other notes keep it unisex, but the Intense version is much more soft and richly layered than the edp of the same blend. EDP is spicier with more pepper bite and a sharper edge to the wood, much more what I expect from a men's scent. The Intense is definitely unisex.

eightseven
eightseven

This fragrance is so underrated! I recently picked it up and it works amazingly in the cold weather as a daytime scent.

It creates a slight aura around you that is pleasant and unoffending. I'll be wearing Play Intense for many years to come without a doubt.

suffocater
suffocater

One of my favorite Gourmand scent ever. Kinda reminds me of very sweet French Vanilla coffee on the opening.

silvrsrfr
silvrsrfr

Initially reminds me of Rochas Man but mid note not as interesting. Don' t smell tar others mention, maybe it's the pink pepper? On subsequent testing, I like it better, but not sure why. I really get the sense of (& like it) the celluloid plastic note you get from new table tennis balls or Mom's old canasta cards. I detect a similar note in Armani Diamonds pH and in Fahrenheit. Is it the iso e-super?
Dry-down: vanilla (somewhat like Rochas Man?), w/ perhaps a touch of the coffee? Synthetic? Yes. Do I like it? Not bad at all.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A complex scent which has many twists and turns and is on the whole worthy of a try..

0-5 mins . Chocolate, cocoa with a twist which is a little sour. Projection good. Ages 25-35

5 mins- 2 hours. Chocolate, cocoa, quite pleasant, scent of a man included and to men perhaps quite sexy, but not sure women will find this sexy? Mid-mature 28-40 years. Some projection.

2 hours- 4 hours. I didn't like this stage, it smelt like above but it had gone of, quite rancid in fact, dustbin stench. Projection limited, occasional 6 inch but very intermittent

4 hours - 9 hours. Scent morphes in an intense on the skin bewitching, dark and woody experience which is very nice and very unlike the chocolate and cocoa at the start. Very much for the alternative and it pulls it of. The scent grew up. No projection of note, stays very close to the skin. Ages 32-45

What a journey, this had so much, thought it was average then hated it then loved it. Alas projection on me was not great so I won't buy it but will try again and again in passing

Good

CARLOS05
CARLOS05

Givenchy Play Intense, what can i say, givenchy hit the nail on the head with this one.

This is one of my top 5, from the opening to drydown, it is sexy as it can be. I got this bought for my birthday in 2008 and since then have bought many bottles.

If you want girls to ask you, what are you wearing, then make sure you include this bad boy in your collection.

It has quite a lot of similarities with Rochas Man intense, they are both top draw fragrances.

Omega Man
Omega Man

Basically it is the same fru-fru scent as Play, but with added very sweet notes of choco and vanilla. After it dries down a bit it smells pretty good but not all guys will like this type of fragrance.

onlytamal
onlytamal

i've just bought a 100 ml GPI yesterday, it smells like dream, noone can ignore you once you wear it on. Longevity and Sillage are great. It is strong in a positive way...

tuky
tuky

Smelling this parfume it gives me the impession of luxurious parfume, memorable and sexy as well.
Not as sweet as many people said (as A*man - no way), but masculine at the same time.
Very suitable for an inviting young male with the taste of good.
A secret weapon sometimes. Longevity & sillage are just perfect... actually it is a GIVENCHY...what can I say more ?
and..and...after I smelled this parfume and going to others from my collection... I realized that I have so cheap fragrances like (VERSACE, BOSS, CK, BURBERRY .etc.) the only that can do it better is LE MALE, A*man and BLEU.
9.5/10

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

It's winter, time to take the sweetest and strongest perfumes of wardrobe.

Last night I use Play Intense to make a test.
Well, my friend said that my perfume was different from the night before (that was Joop! Homme) and better cos' it's more citric and roundy.

This morning Play Intense still on my skin, and I put it on again.
When my work partners arrived to work, one of them (woman) said:
- Holy mother, ur perfume makes me shiver!

Well well well, I need not say anything more, I need?

Grottola
Grottola

I really like Play Intense. The original Play is abysmal, but this one is almost like an improved Polo Double Black by Ralph Lauren. This is a dark sweet scent with chocolate, coffee, pepper, and patchouli. The initial few minutes can smell kind of weird because of the mixture between citrus notes and the heavier notes, but once Play dries down it's awesome. I'm generally not a fan of sweet fragrances, but I definitely like this one - just don't put on too much; it can get cloying, as it projects big time and lasts a while. I smell a labdanum note in the drydown, which is awesome.

Good stuff. The bottle is kinda tacky.

happychub
happychub

for me , this one smell abit similar with AB seduction in black

bonovox
bonovox

Okay, I picked up this one after exchanging the original Play, as it was just too light for my tastes. For some people this fragrance may be a little overly sweet at the beginning, but it does settle down to a nice evening wear fragrance during the spring or fall. I was a little hesitant as Justin Timberlake was the spokesperson, but I get asked a lot what I am wearing. Again, not the most elegant and probably best suited for individuals under the age of 40 (I would say in the range of 20 to 35) and even though it has the word Intense, it is not going to be so intense that it isn't enjoyable. I would give it 4/5. Something to keep in the back row of your collection for change.

Senzadite
Senzadite

Is not like Angel in any way! you know what? i love them both but theyre different from each other; this really smells like an expensive version of Axe Dark Temptation...chocolate with fruits and warm woods sooo nice and tasty, i just bought it and im very happy that is not just another fresh woody cologne like everything else in the market.

scattolini
scattolini

Givenchy play intense is a dark, woody, mysterious, daring, sexy and last but not least, inovative perfume.
Great opening a little bit honey + bergamot + somathing else i´m not able to distinguish. Amazing middle notes and strong basenotes, whose combination is a lovely vetiver + patchouil.(Note: I love almost all perfumes which have bergamot, patchouil, vetiver, cedar, amber.....)
Meant for modern and ambitious men, over 30, this perfume goes beautifully on suits. Definitively shouldn´t be worn on an everyday-basis. It deserves some respect =).
Great silalge and projection. I´ve already gotten a lot of female compliments about using it. I guess it would match perfectly both day and night events.

Bottle: 7/10
Projection: 8/10
Sillage: 8/10
Scattolini´s X-factor: 9
Overall: 8,5/10

junglefun
junglefun

This Intense version I really like for the colder months. I am not good at describing this one, but think it is great and versatile as long as it is in Fall/Winter.
I get a little synthetic/plastic note when I first apply it, but then it goes away and is just awesome.
Also, the bottle may be tacky, but it sprays very well.

alebanfield
alebanfield

I cannot find a perfum that can replace this one, my bottle is empty and i cannot find sth suitable...

one of my favaourites....

fresh, elegant, good for the office or to go out at nite....

Excellent!!!

leecher88
leecher88

the mixture of the notes is here great one of my fav fragrances

similar to Zegna Forte and YSL la nuit

andy

Givenchy play is a balanced out oriental type of scent and really has a fresh quality and its really one of the high end colognes, which means that it should last all day without need for re application, and the drydown is good

nontheless, its not anything original, but it is well balanced

FAA
FAA

Well, nothing much about to say about this one. Smells intriguing but after my girlfriend told me that I smelled like his father, that was it. No go. paraphrasing her, you don't want the EDT to knock the gitl on the head and drag her off to your cave. And that's what this does. It's a bit like Angel and Demon for women. Old woman's scent which becomes natural at certain age :).

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Well I like Play Intense better than Play EDT.
The coffee accord certainly is obvious, but the tonka is the dominant note here, and makes the whole scent very heavy and sticky. I'd like to see this whole composition without the tonka, I honestly think I would fall in love.
I'm sorry, Donche, but from my nose it seems to have a perfect blend off of beautiful ideas, all citrus, floral, spice, wood and gourmand notes mixing beautifully, but that tonka has jut thrown it for me, made it too heavy.

I had a sad :,-(

Mr. Nose
Mr. Nose

I experimented the regular Play by Givenchy today and I sort of like it. It sounded good, but could sound awesome.

I'm really looking forward to this Play Intense version. It sounds like they improved it, thanks to the light woods.

I'll come back to talk about it.

I find Play Intense to be an entirely different composition when compared to the original Play. While Play was composed of citrusy and fresh notes, Play Intense is rather woodsy and dark, sometimes rubbery. I find many similarities between Play Intense and Bvlgari's Black.

Play Intense is rather sexy. I doubt that I would feel out of place if I wore it myself to be honest. It's an interesting blend between smokey, dark woods and rich, syrupy yet masculine vanilla. It also has an earthy quality, particularly towards the heart, quite possibly due to the patchouli and coffee, which gives this fragrance the potential to be worn to night-time events.

As a woman, that can often be picky when it comes to masculine fragrances, Play Intense is quite impressive and sensual. Due to its richer approach in comparison to the original Play, I find this release much more pleasant and wearable. Perhaps even a tad more interesting and not as generic per se.

The longevity and sillage are relatively strong, and in some ways bold. I'm dismissing the fact that Justin Timberlake is the face of this product as I don't feel as if he suits this kind of scent. It's hot in a smouldering and mysterious sense of the word.

I am thorougly impressed with Play Intense, and I feel that Givenchy has been a little daring with this, even though as a whole it's not particularly outstanding or unique.

mbmbmb
mbmbmb

This is my favourite cologne of all time. I got the normal play cologne because i liked the smell and had not smelt the play intense yet, than a week later i finally smelt it and right away went to return the original play. Play intense smells like rich creamy, almost a chocolaty smell! omg it was amazing

twlahue
twlahue

i love this one. the first thing i get is marshmellows, then it turns into a "syrupy" vanilla latte with a bit of dark chocolate,
just great.
my wife likes this one too :)

Papi
Papi

My missus love is it, and it gives me that extra oomph. Def. evening fragrance.

See through version is for day use, sporty, yet still peppery.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

This is a great example of a mish-mash of a happy accident. To my nose it starts off quite self-concious not really knowing what it is or where it wants to go but after half an hour or so it finds its feet, warms up to the dark gourmand it always wanted to be. It lasts for ages and by the time you go back to that beautiful womans place you met earlier for a late night coffee it should,if you have timed it right, be at its delicious best.

PS: Shame the bottle is so bad. Hopefully in a few years when the MP3 bottle looks like an antique they will re-issue it with a classier design.

Dmitriy
Dmitriy

This one helped me to get laid for about 10 times )))

is it me or it really smells so good?I never expected it to be my taste,since I don't like the original version that much and I wasn't even eager to try this one.
but I like it.to me it's smoky and dark,perfect for a serious ambitious guy who is undelibarately seductive as well.
I didn't fall for the first notes,but after just 5 minutes it becomes incredible.I didn't find it too sweet.it's just well blended.
I think it has something in common with xeryus rouge.maybe this one is the younger version.by the way this is a perfume with character and it can't be ignored no way.

megaechofox50
megaechofox50

This is an amazing scent. It is fun yet seductive. Overall a very pleasant scent for everyone around you to enjoy. Well done Givenchy!

lilly m.
lilly m.

i got the citrus and the coffee. all was going kind of ok. then, after an hour or two, it transformed itself into chalk! :) (never got that smell before!) it's not bad. it's just not that good... :)

Bapi
Bapi

9 months back I ran out of my Chanel Allure HS EDT, so I went to buy. The sales girl handed me this GPI 10 tester pack as gift along with my Allure HS EDT. While coming back I was sitting at the back of my vehicle where my 2 friends were sitting in front. When I tore the first tester pack, well, it exploded. Yes, the smell exploded into the vehicle and hit the nostrils of all the people in the car. My friends turned around and asked me at the same time what on earth was that. It was like love at first smell. We instantly went back to the store and bought 3 100ml for all of us, one apiece. The oriental theme dominates this scent all through.

The opening blast might give your nose a thrust with strong smoky nuance of burnt wood in a sweet way which will stay for 10/15 minutes. Then enters the coffee and pink pepper where coffee is very dominating and shaped around the pepper, this coffee note will remain there for a considerable longer time than usual heart notes. Patchouly is very much hidden in the base note which is clearly driven by the pan fried tonka bean (in a sweet and good way)with a coffee kiss and moulding the vetiver in it. Wonderful and tremendously masculine. I would like to agree with those who calld it "a genuine masculine scent in the market after a very long time".

The silage is excellent, longevity is very good, I'd give it 8/10. The only limitation about it would be that it's clearly a night scent, better for clubbing and partying. I discourage it to be used as an office wear.

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top+ Middle: : Coffee scent like, with some hints of spices and sweetness, and a touch of citrus scent, I dunno what they put inside, dun ask me XD. It does not really change much from top to middle, as it comes to the middle, something extra sweet creeps in. 8-9 hours mark, depending on weather and temperature.

Base: Something woody comes in, more sweetness creeps in, maybe its cinnamon, or some sweet beans. 4-5 hours mark.

Coffee scent makes me feel like an errand clerk, you know, the people where they take goods and deliver for companies. HAHA! For some reason, I don't get much complements from this. Some say 'coffee scent, hmm....how about a coffee break later?'

I believe this is a night out scent, you can use it at work, but it does not leave much impact at work, its something people don't really care of. But this stuff is great at night.

Gourmand fans should check this out. Buy the 3.4 oz @ 100 ml, the 50 ml looks weird to me, it looked like a dwarf.

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works very well on both, but better at night.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 3 (unique gourmand scent, but the mugler's kind of more famous in this, check this out in 3-4 years time, it should be a keeper for gourmand fans).

Sillage: 4 (incredible sillage, this fragrance can be scent from about 1 feet, but it is not a beast, its gentle enough not to offend people).

Time length: 5 (I get 10 hours++ for the top and middle notes, just right).

Occasion: 4 (You can use this at work, it will not offend people, as work piles up, and they could not have a coffee; girls might ask you for a coffee drink with you XD ).

Overall base on mathematics: 4/5

A dark horse which is on par with gourmand scents like Angel Men, Pure Malt. It's a good fight with them, but I am not a gourmand fan =p

dubeau206
dubeau206

This cologne smells a lot like Fruity Pebbles cereal, lol. I know that sounds odd but it really does. I love it. Can't understand the negative reviews for this one, it is definitely worth the money!!! Givenchy did a great job here. The lasting power is unmatched, I can still smell it on myself hours later and it's great. Not a daytime/office scent, definitely made for night time, clubbing, bars, etc etc... Wear it when you want to be noticed. Wear it when you want everybody to KNOW that your cologne is better than the next mother fucker's cologne. Fuck that son-of-a-bitch. You wear the good shit and he can kick rocks. And you can take his woman away. For a good stay. He's a punk, you're a player. Make him eat your poop. With a spoon. That wal-mart-smelling mother fucker is a chump. For real. Him and his punk-ass AXE body spray. That shit is for teenagers, and they should be ashamed to smell so horribly. Fuck teenagers, they're dumb. By dumb I mean big ol fuckin idiots. E

Damani Code
Damani Code

This smells very similar to Zegna Intenso, sharing a well balanced sweet citrus and smokey woods. I also would compare it to Polo double black, but Polo is more spicy due to its dominant pepper.

periquito89
periquito89

I have to agree with the association with Rochas Man. I find Rochas Man slightly better. But CH Men has a big difference I think, the sweetness is more discreet with some notes (spices maybe) giving a mild feeling of something you would find in O Boticario Uomini, which is a "toned down version of D&G Pour Homme", as I heard. Rochas Man and Play Intense are similar; CH Men could live together without being like a twin brother.

Darker and much more suave than his brother PLAY, INTENSE is something I instantly fell head over heels for. I always did go for the dark tortured souls over the bright, sunny popular ones anyway...

Play Intense begins with the same torchwood note as his brother, only an octave lower and louder. The citruses are there but just barely, and this is the more raw aspect of PLAY-heavy, earthy, woody and stand-offish as opposed to fresh, friendly and amicable. The heart has the amyris note, but more of the resinous wood note than the aura of torchwood found in PLAY. The pepper is lighter yes, but infinitely more subtle and intruiging. The coffeewood is like espresso compared to the airy coffeetree flowers' breakfast blend. Every aspect of this scent is darker, heavier and more oriental...especially in the ultimate drydown. Labdanum adds to the resinousness, and gets sensual. Then, the patchouli is thicker and the vetiver gets smoky and almost dirty, by association. Gone is the fun and flash, this is serious and quite profound, and the tonka adds another layer to this dark oriental scent: one of smooth sweetness and a likeable warmth, despite the otherwise heavy base.

Sillage: great
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.5/5

This is so very sexy, and has a dark beauty to it. I find it infinitely more seductive than PLAY, but then again the dark side always looks better-only here (IMHO) it actually is...here the true nature of the woods, resins and roots come to life and you begin to know the deeper nature of things hidden to most. A mystery that begs to be solved, and in trying to figure it out, you become utterly intwined...

Hmm... I am speechless when it comes to this fragrance. I have no clue what to think of it. It's not bad. It's a bit strange actually, and I am not ready for it. There is a swift of sharpness during first 30 mins that I am not very fond of. I guess, it's sharp like a strong coffee aroma & pink pepper combo (Or I just smell dark chocolate? I have no clue).

Mixing in something fruity and sweet (Apple and tonka bean, IMO) making the scent strangely unique. After the first 30-40 mins, the scent becomes a bit familiar. It's fresher, woodier, cleaner, and more understandable (at least for me!). It still has this sharp fruity woody coffee aroma, but it's not at the strongest point that could puzzle me.

Will I buy this fragrance? yes, I think so but not in a heartbeat. I find it a bit too unique for me, and I can't imagine when and how I will be using it. If any of you, perfumee, out there likes something different, then give this Play Intense a try. It might be an interesting experience.

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

If you are familiar with A*Men and Rochas Man, you can think of Play Intense as a combination of the best qualities of the two while leaving out either scent's negative qualities. It is not as 'in your face' strong and cloying as A*Men can be, nor as synthetic smelling. It avoids the stuffy synthetic cedar of Rochas Man, while employing a similar coffee/lavender accord (while lavender is not a listed note in Play Intense, there's something in it that smells a lot like lavender absolute. I think lavender absolute is going into the coffee flower accord, as a coffee flower does not smell like coffee, but instead a mix of jasmine and orange blossom!)

There's a wonderful leathery, almost ambergris like labdanum absolute note in the base, that combined with the tonka and a chocolately pathcouli makes it smell like a chocolate infused amber.

The amyris wood here is less present and noticeable than it is in the regular Play (where it shares the spotlight with a wonderful, golden vetiver note in the dry down) but is utilized well to keep the whole thing from becoming too sweet or cloying. The longevity is good and projection is modest but very interesting in that the scent expands out into an aura around you in a way that makes it hard to localize when sniffing. If you like Rochas Man or A*Men you owe it to yourself to check it out. If you like or are interested in a chocolate scent, again, you owe it to yourself to check it out. It's a great scent, and one of my favorite comfort scents (it's just so smooth and cozy!).

It does pair really well with the regular version of Play. Neither of the pair are particularly unique in structure (they're not blazing new ground) but they do what they do *so well* that they really stand apart from the crowd. I think both scents have been underrated here and on Basenotes.

I won't even pretend to be knowledgeable about terms such as "lasting power" or "sillage", etc, so don't worry about another pretentious review.

This fragrance reminds me a bit of Hypnose for men by Lancome; it has a warm "pumpkin pie" scent, yummy, but doesn't quite have the combined pumpkin pie + gingerbread cookies scent that Hypnose has. I very much like both fragrances.

Another favorite of mine is Light Blue by D & C; this is entirely different.

The One by D & C is more musky than Play Intense, and doesn't have the "tastiness" of yummy, well-baked holiday FOOD that Play Intense has.

Hope this "untrained" description helps.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Change of opinions...I hated this one when i bought this 2 and a half months ago(due to poor lasting power), cus it was a bit hot(32c-34c) here in Hungary but when yesterday i used it after a long time since i bought it as the weather has changed towards colder side 18c...it was amazing. specially the dry down and top notes ! so now 7/10....just passed

P.S THIS IS STRICKLY FOR NIGHTS!!!

willowtreesimplicity
willowtreesimplicity

I do agree with you Maddyrain! Rochas Man and Play Intense do have similarities. While Rochas Man seems more elegant or suit worthy, Play Intense just does it for me. I think my boyfrind knows how to use scents to his advantage...well, to both of our advantage :P Another scent with a similar reaction and very romantic, Amouage Lyric Man.

And, if anyone enjoys this scent as much as I do, be sure to check out more of Lucas Sieuzac's scents. He is one of our favorite perfumers.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

hot, sweet and sensual
masculine fragrance by Givenchy, created for a
man connected to the world. Play Intense
captivates with its freshness, its rich texture and
lingering scent of tonka bean."

guest_pethcir
guest_pethcir

I've had this fragrance since Dec 09, and it's definitely my favourite; it's just a very pleasant aroma, I sometimes catch myself whiffing the top of my shirt. Plus, the girls absolutely love it.

Rich28
Rich28

Just got this frag, so far I like it, it's not an awesome smell to me however. I can't help but detect vanilla and sugar cane juice in the opening which reminds me of the original pi and something very woody like cedar or sandalwood in the dry down. I find the smell very warm and sweet yet not too overpowering. IMO bec of the woody dry down it's just barely masculine

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

It's descent. Well, it's better than descent yet there is something missing. The ingredients are right up my alley but it just never kicks in. I do like it better then it's sibling. Silage is well above average. Suprised there is no mention of the bottle shape which is certainly different and original but I'm buying it (figuratively). I like classic and it is not. Trying the hipster route (Justin Timberlake) here. Not hard to figure the demo they want to reach. Next!

ausamamira
ausamamira

I dont know how this comes but i find Herrera CH for men and Givenchy play intense very similar! try both of them on each hand..... play intense may be a little louder .... however i dont find it that remarkable and i dont appreciate the strong pepper note ....but i dont mind wearing it at the same time :)

Stefan
Stefan

Neither this or Play smell good.

Not in my standards.

I wore it, no drydown worth me spending my money on.

When I wants sweet sweet sophisticated I stick with Pi.
If I want candy sweet I go with Chanel Allure Blanche

Miro
Miro

arance i respect your opinion but i don't agree with you, but i believe that you would change your mind if you try to use fahrenheit.

scepter
scepter

I bought it yesterday. I LOVE it, if you like Chanel Allure or Thierry Mugler male frangrances, then this fragrance is for you. Play intense is NOT EdP , it is EDT with long lasting power. Play regular edition is not really good, the smell is very common. Choose this Intense version instead !

BrokenSwordii
BrokenSwordii

This is great creation, so masculine, manly, gentlemen fragrance, solid, woody( from vetiver) and sweet ( comes from the patchouli) when it is dryout.

the fragrance is really long lasting, works well on tan or dark skins

the smell is somehow close to Bvlgari black, except that it doesnt end up with rubbery finish, and its much more long lasting

If you are looking for true casual/ formal masculine woody fragrance and you lost, this is defiantly your choice

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

Now, what kind of person would I be to not get the ying to Givenchy's Play EDT's yang? Thankfully I am not that person. The front of my neck itched until I got this. Now I feel complete! For now...

I'm going to have to agree and repeat what other posters have said. This is an aggressive, sweet, masculine, modern, so on and so forth fragrance. I never have enough words to describe a Givenchy creation.

Play Intense is the nice counter cologne to the original. EDT during the day, Intense at night. Whenever really, but if you own both, that's what I would recommend.

The notes listed are indeed incomplete. I cant think of them off the back of my hand but they are beautifully blended. It's somewhat fresh from the citruses but not strong enough to go calling it a citrusy fragrance. The patchouli, veviter and tonka bean stand out to me the most in this and it's incredible.

Intense also reminds me of a formal smelling version of Chanel's Allure Homme Sport. I'm guessing because of the tonka bean. I'm going to wear both at the same time to see how that smells. :o

The projection is top notch. The first time I ever wore this was tonight at a party. I had 4 sprays on (spritz from a tester muahaha!) and it was very noticeable, but not overpowering or offensive at all. It's mind blowing. Magical. I'm pretty sure I've left my mark on everyone who was near me.

As far as longevity goes I'm only on the fifth hour mark but its still going strong. Still smells just as good. I'm not sick of the aroma. I want keep smelling the random whiffs as much as possible. UPDATE: 15 and a half hours later, still vividly smell it.

As far as age range with this cologne I'd say all ages. It's playful enough for a youngin' like me to be wearing but classy enough for an older gentleman to wear. It's just that damn good. Period. I can truly understand now why the Intense version is outselling the original.

scenturian
scenturian

Sampled it last week and liked it so much.
Woody spicy type of smell with subtle sweetness. Very hot and very masculine.
Projection and lasting is great.
I ll check more and probably ll have it in my collection.
Also sampled the white one with this one, white has more citrus on top, but the rest is almost same. This is really intense version of the white.
Most fragrances' intense versions are generally not similar to originals.

Jave26
Jave26

This is a very nice fragrance, probably one of the better fragrances released in the last 2 yrs. The longevity is exceptional lasted a minimum of 12 hrs, sillage is also great the scent surrounded me in such a fascinating way that I couldn't help fall in love with it. All in all this fragrance is a winner a thumbs up and a must try.

taydev
taydev

out of play and play intense i prefer this one on a man. intense is much more agressive and masculine but not overpowering.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

JonR, you and I have the EXACT SAME TASTE! I WROTE ON Now Smell This that I can't wait to own this and I'm not too fond of the original Play!

jonr951
jonr951

This is a wonderful scent! Its probably the longest lasting cologne ive ever smelled! And ive smelled and have alot of colognes! Ull definately get your moneys worth w/ this one! Its sweet and woody and i just cant wait to own it! Givenchy did a wonderful job w/ the scent and lasting power! A+++! The original Play, im not to crazy about. It smells like everything else and isnt that long lasting.

guest_Melissa
guest_Melissa

I loved it (the mens). Smelled it at Macy's and am searching for it cheaper online. Too expensive, but it lasts a long time.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Play Intense should be called Rochas Man Intense, as both are very similar. Great choice if you enjoy coffee fragrances.

By the way, its concentration is not EDP, but it lasts long on the skins (about 6-7 hours).

There are some missing notes as well:
Top: bergamot and mandarin
Middle: amyris wood, coffee tree wood and pink pepper
Base: vetiver, patchouli, labdanum and tonka been

Eros
Eros

Oriental, sweet, sugar-sweet.
It is simple, unusually simple - as for famous GIVENCHY house, known by its "expensive sounding" perfumes.
I dont hate it, I will not buy it, just pass. It is not interesting.

Giv1952
Giv1952

got it today, this duo is extremly hot. the black is strong wood, sweet coffe flower, the white id fresh, light wood. the arymys is so noble.
The intense (black version) is a little like Ange Ou Demon (may be its fiance)

Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy 4.14 out of 5 based on 1259 ratings and 220 user reviews

PLAY INTENSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
Givenchy Play Intense 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Sephora.com, Inc.
Givenchy Play Intense 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Play Intense 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Givenchy Play Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Givenchy Play Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.