Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Givenchy pour Homme Givenchy for men
dislike

I have it: 353 I had it: 364 I want it: 131 My signature: 10

Givenchy pour Homme Givenchy for men Videos
Givenchy pour Homme Givenchy for men Pictures Givenchy pour Homme Givenchy for men Pictures Givenchy pour Homme Givenchy for men Pictures Givenchy pour Homme Givenchy for men Pictures

The Givenchy gentleman is elegant, creative with an intuitive sense of style. He choses perfume for his own, day-to- day enjoyement, no matter what the occasion is. Givenchy man is, above all, a gentleman. Fresh and woody, it contains the refinement of davana and masculinity of cedar and olibanum. Givenchy pour Homme was created by Alberto Morillas and Ilias Ermenidis in 2002.

Coriander Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Violet

Vetiver Lavender Extract

Labdanum Cedar

Giordani Man

Givenchy pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

Heck no! The packaging as well as the juice is awful to me. Pi is the winner out of the entire men's line of fragrances and I will not be renouncing that one all.

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

Love this. I had it like 10 years ago. Got a 1 ml sample recently, and man, this juice is still so lovely. Brings back good memories. It is very crisp and woody with a little bit of fresh sweetness! Very gentle and charming. Now, projection and sillage? Well, beast mode! I am very surpzired that a few drops out of a sampler lasted a lot! The fragrance is not overpowering yet not weak at all! Nonetheless, i suggest to test it before you buy it to see how it works on your skin.

My Score: 9/10

madmax
madmax

Doesn't last more that a couple of hours.

Giv1952
Giv1952

this one is underrated

moniote
moniote

Recently re discovered in a small parfumerie in my hometown ..citrus opening but the davana flower makes its entrance..And bring to the fragrance the RHUM effect ! And this IS what i like ! Stylish And Wam !

Molko
Molko

Enough nice fresh citrus scent for spring, summer, autumn, not offensive, not cheapy smell and not so masculine. I would buy for myself if has bigger sillage and better longevity.

maani
maani

Fragrance will last longer on skin that is well-moisturized, because oils on the skin trap the fragrance notes and make them last longer.If you have dry skin you can always reapply

jivanshi
jivanshi

This is a very nice and delicately sweet scent, but so soft that my 1ml sample was not enough to produce any projection at all. Nevertheless, this stayed with me at skin level until the next day. I think it's perfect for intimate moments, and I love the scent, but useless for everyday wear. Unless maybe if grossly oversprayed it actually projects some? How much more, 1ml is quite a lot already...
PS: I have just tested the blue one: it is very similar, lovely delicate scent, and it actually projects - not much, just perfect, and for a long time. And it also lasts 12 hours + as a skin scent. So I think that mr. Morillas and Ermenidis took a belly flop in 2002 with this one, but later, in 2004 they corrected their mistake with the blue label. Better late than never!

GRAF
GRAF

Masterpiece. I recomend it. Sweet warm and woody. Perfect.

taimoorirfan
taimoorirfan

nice perfume, little sillage, not very long lasting on my skin, however the scent is not bad. i beleive the blue version is better.

Segun
Segun

Don't know much abt perfumes but I love this perfume.i think 2004 i and some Arab guy were the 2 young guys using this perfume in my class and it was nice with the compliments.but i did not get a refill. years later head of surgery walks by n d scent of this perfume on him projected power and class..so tempted to get a refill n that's y am here to actually see pples review on it.

Jeanks1
Jeanks1

Blue label is better!

vitilsky
vitilsky

It's cool, but seriously, there is some much more interesting stuff than this...for me it smells of Lipton Ice Tea. Not very appealing as a body smell.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

Smells like moschino uomo, just lighter and less powdery. It's ok. Nothing special but it's clean and citrusy. Gets dry and woody after an hour. Longevity is average, and projection is subtle. Best for spring and summer.

hazelnut
hazelnut

Very pleasant! Citrusy for sure and seems suited for day...summer for that reason. I think i will get this for my husband.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I'm sad to disagree with so many positive comments but i have found this to be the most uninteresting bland and forgettable fragrance i've tried in a while. I love Givenchy, Gentleman, Pi, Insense, Organza to my nose are masterpieces. I smell wood and thats about it 4/10

MarkT
MarkT

Lovely discreet wood, with a citrus opening free of the bergamot I can't stand. Terrible longevity and silage on my skin but so pleasant while it lasts. Basically a discrete version of Cartier's Declaration (for those of us who love pencil shavings.)

saguna

I don't agree it has bad longevity, because it all depends on your body chemistry. Yes, I'm a woman and I'm a huge fan of this gem, I have got 3 large empty bottles and to my shock - on me it smells how I like it, but on my husband - I love it more. On him it stays more than 8 hours, and what I love is the dry down, the most beautiful in this scent. I don't agree it's poor quality as for Givenchy, bu everyone has right to own opinion.
I think this perfume is very sensitive for the light, because I purchased on eBay already two bottles with this sour , old , bad stored smell, so make sure you have correct one.
I believe if you want to try it - go first for 4 ml mini bottle. It;s relatively cheap and never spoiled.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

I smelled this today for the first time and it is my loss not having paid attention to this one before. The description above says it all - classy, stylish, and seductively fragrant. Elegant wood blends with gorgeous fresh notes to create a luxurious masculine statement. This affirms once more, in my mind, that Givenchy is incapable of making a bad or boring fragrance. A classic scent for any age or occasion.

Migalex
Migalex

It is a very bland generic scent with, from my viewpoint, nothing remarkable about it, much more woody than spicy plus in my opinion staying power is not great.

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

Givenchy's Masterpiece

kida2010
kida2010

This juice is crazy good, anyone who overlooks it for another generic woody fruity run of the mill is mistaken.
I have owned since it was launced in 2002 and it was the best blind buy ever.
You get a crisp fresh blast of grapefruit, oilve, vetiver, cedar with a touch of menthol vibe. Its relatively unique if you study it instead of a 2 sec whiff, i personally have never found anything like how it dries down and the next day OMG it if you smell your shirt its the most gorgeous dry, airy, woody smell.
Its a young - mature gentlemans fragrance with a few of the notes missing that make it smell like a nasty old mans smell that so many colognes smell of.
Its a fantastic and i highly recommend it!

onepiece
onepiece

this is my first love in parfumes! when i saw its commercial on a magazine, it was on the market for the first time, i was so impressed that i felt this parfume is just for me and i have to have it even before trying it, and i was right. you can get the character as soon as it is sprayed out of bottle. it smells spicy and lemon feels warm and sexy and lasts long. but it this strong love for this parfume has weakened since 2002. i still have it but not my favourite by the time i write this...

saguna

I don't agree that this is citrus fragrance. I feel there olibanum and cedar, can't find coriander or vetiver?
I'm a woman, but this is my beloved perfume. It's very sensual , woody and just sexy, I feel so good wearing it and I feel full of energy and love for people - this is very funny, but I'm really nicer to people when I use Givenchy pour Homme.
Actually ii had very long sillage on me.
I might be not too construcive , because I fell in love with this fragrance when I have been working in Kenya, and most of men were using it. For me it's just Kenya, african sun, happy and smiling people I'm completelly in love with this fragrance, since 8 years.

LANIER
LANIER

An early morning walk along the Rue du la Petit Musc in the Marais in Paris is filled with many aromas. Among them is the blend of cooly sharp grapefruit, exotic Mandarin Oranges from the Chinese restaurant on the corner laced with other lush fruits and a hint of violets from the flower stalls on the Rue de Rivolli. Givenchy captured those heady Parisian flavors and stirred in exotic spices, warm woods, a few light florals and a dash of Vetiver to come up with this enticingly romantic at times erotic delight.
Always elegant but never aloof Givenchy Pour Homme has just the right touch of light hearted spring fun that can lead one into an unforgettable summer. Longevity six to eight hours on my skin. Four and a half platinum stars.

nowandnever
nowandnever

This is an alluring scent.
It is fresh, but not acidic, classy, but not dated, subtle, but not forgetable, calm, but not boring...
Oh, my! I could go on and on for hours.
Even though it is a warm woody smell, it's not as dominat as many other woody fragrences for men.
I find it suitable for men and women who desire a perfume that is calm, poised and doesn't "make a fuss" .
This perfume doesn't yell "Here we go!", but gently murmurs "Come closer...".
It's lovely!

abdul hammad
abdul hammad

very nice,fresh,woody and a modern scent...perfect for night time..

SENSUAL TO A CONSIDERABLE EXTENT

THE REAL BEAUTY OF THIS FRAGRANCE IS IN THE FIRST FEW MINUTES OF THE OPENING AND THE DRYDOWN

LONGEVITY:4 to 5 hours

PROJECTION:8/10

APPROVED

A MUST TRY

e.will.85
e.will.85

Certainly an interesting and unique 'woody' fragrance with a classic masculine (almost musky) character.. This is undoubtedly a gentleman's scent, but the overall personality to me is late thirties onward. Just a personal preference, as others have noted, nothing too exciting about this scent. Just a simple, clean & natural classic.

The aromatic greenish-tan scent is pungent and herbal at first, almost leathery -- this soon softens to a sweeter, barely recognizable citrus and vetiver suede. The woodsy spice of the cedar, coriander and vetiver dominate this scent, but the sweet floral and citrus notes round it out nicely.

Ideally suited for office wear and anything from business casual to corduroy. It's a classic scent that arguably could be appropriate to wear year-round because it has enough fresh, fruity sweetness to get through spring & summer.

Overall: 7/10
Sillage: 7/10

Yan9
Yan9

Nice woody fragrance with character. I think there is nothing to complain about this fragrance. But there is no Givenchy wow factor to this juice. I really love the base notes of this one and also longevity on my skin is very good.

I like this for office wear.

My ratings out of 10 -:

Scent - : 8
Projection -: 7
Longevity -: 8

Overall 8 out of 10

Zito87
Zito87

Great surprise. Very nice citrus/woody fragrance, elegant and casual at the same time. Good longevity, about 7-8 hours. Final rate 8/10.

pria_wangi
pria_wangi

WOODY...!!!
Just like fresh cut wood..
Little bit strong. Not my type.
Its more deep than Tere D'hermes and more nature.

Do not blind buy. Try it first..

Kitty Neverfuck
Kitty Neverfuck

just the best one!

jtappenden
jtappenden

An absolutely superlative fragrance.Very refreshing,exhilarating & relaxing.Top quality.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

This has become one of my go-to no brainer, linear fragrances that I reach for on a regular basis. There is nothing overly "interesting" about this scent, but it has a beautiful balance of subtle cedar, grapefruit, and vetiver. It is not a scent that many will remark on, except the occasional other who gets close enough, who will probably remark, "Damn, you smell good!" I have many interesting fragrances to choose from, but this is one I wear when I don't want to stand out olfactorily, but I want to exude a subtle sweet confidence. A similar cedar as in Laliqe Equus, but without the overly sweet base, and a touch of grapefruit for balance and acidity. Love that cedar!!

jcastano
jcastano

A nice scent, but lacks that edgy appeal. The idea was to create a "gentleman's" scent but they were not specific on whether they were regarding a younger or an older gentleman. Either way, it is a mass market appeal fragrance perfect for any teen to a guy in his late 20's.

The top notes to this are fantastic and last quite some time. Imagine a fresh citrus floral. YES!!! Even the transition to the heart is great with the fruits, exotic spices, and florals creating something interesting, something with an old world feel blended with a modern take. The base is a big disappointment though. This had so much potential! The top and the heart had a great thing working but this just turns into another ambery, cedar based floral at the base. The funny thing is that amber is not even in the note breakdown but it is defintely there, or at least my nose picks up on it. If you like the amber and cedar in allure homme sport, then I highly recommend this one but if you want this scent with that edge I mentioned, I would recommend trying Hearts & Daggers from Ed Hardy, at least that one stays spicy throughout the scent life and keeps me entertained everytime I wear it. Oh, and True Religion Drifter and Givenchy Pour Homme have the exact same drydown.... the exact same, I thought I would add that.

Overall, this is a perfect, safe scent that is highly inoffensive and will get positive attention. Sillage is good for 1-2 hours then it becomes a skin scent, and the scent life is around 4-6 hours. Since I do enjoy it, I give it a thumbs up but a "thumbs up" slightly into the neutral.

currrlygurrrly
currrlygurrrly

Love this fragrance... it has been and still is one of my absolute favorites. Clean and easy!!
Givenchy makes some of the best scents.

Wilz
Wilz

I wanted to try this the other day and couldn't find it anywhere - I live in France! Does anyone know why - have they discontinued it or something?

Aromaticus
Aromaticus

Muy Givenchy,
Discreta pero con mucha clase, el fondo o secado es finisimo, rico, masculino y sin agresividad.
Es mas para disfrutarla uno mismo en la propia piel que para dejar una estela olfativa.
Aunque tiene un arranque a lo CK luego deviene Givenchy, lo dicho, muy Givenchy.

Kaytorch
Kaytorch

its very clean and fresh, non offensive. so so beautiful & lovely. you can go wrong with this one. its a must have.

My Ratings:

Scent Quality: 99%
Projection: 50%
Longevity:60%

i agreed with Zocha, that you may just want stick your nose to it and never move back.

Note: anyone who does not like the scent of this perfume, need to be examined

diablochancho
diablochancho

este es un perfume gusto de mujeres ,elegante y con olor a limpio es una exelente opción para usar de diario en oficina ,tiene algo de naranjas que provocan relax.

rdx
rdx

Clean, fresh and cool.

It starts with citruses sensation then you can smell the vetiver..and maybe i'm wrong but i could smell the cardamom.
it lasts for a long time .. and for me I would wear this just in summer times.

Phatmatttheriverrat
Phatmatttheriverrat

Just got this one and when I first sprayed it I thought it smelled like a cleaning chemicals? then the next day I put it on and my wife said it smells like a "man"! So now I like it!

Mad MAx
Mad MAx

I wore it the first time, its good, after some time I can smell cardamom. Its similar to blue label however on my skin does not last like it.

An interesting male fragrance, not unique but it is nice and manly. There are a lot of other similar to this in the market but I like it

vadim
vadim

I like the top notes and for me it's seems spicy

scenturian
scenturian

When I tried on my skin somehow smelt so synthetic. I couldnt believe it was from Givenchy.
I ll try again. It shouldnt be.

suzannajc
suzannajc

bought this for my dad..he luv this..fresh smells n long lasting, the smell will stay on ur shirts..suggest this for guys who smokes, heavy smoker indeed

guest_Laguzza
guest_Laguzza

A perfume sober, however young. It has a sophisticated smell. Simple and elegant. Using this perfume has no error. Going to please everyone. Classic!

midsummer
midsummer

As ticalau said, the bottle is a little ridiculous, but the stuff inside is really nice.

This is a warm, spicy wood fragrance that, to me, projects warmth, trust and youth. Someone left this fragrance behind in my apartment, so I have no idea who it actually belonged to in the first place. It reminded me of a young man in a suit and tie, smiling genuinely and offering a firm handshake.

Gentlemen, please feel free to wear this one whenever you wish.

Rich28
Rich28

Even though ginger isn't mentioned as one of the notes, I'm sure that I detect it in this fragrance. Great smell though. It was a toss up between this and emporio diamonds by Armani, I chose this one and I'm satisfied with my choice.

Pavel
Pavel

How can a fragrance be spicy and sickly sweet at the same time !?
If you don't know then you have to try this one.
Being spicy and sweet at the same time can be enjoyable for some but not for me. The note of coriander way too strong. I can say that this fragrance has just one note: coriander. The coriander is the one which is spicy and the others bring their contribution not like different notes, notes that are supposed to be detectable, but like a mixture, a sweet one. Together this two are like a bomb that waits to be detonated. And when you detonate it (spray it on your skin) a war starts, oh man, and then I hope you have a close source of water near you because this one you'll make you puke.
A big stinker. The first fragrance that I dislike.Hmm.. dislike is not the right word. I hate it!
My advice: not a safe blind buy. Try it first, not once, but a few times, because this can be tricky.

lovescully
lovescully

I really love this fragrance. To me it's warm/woody and fruity/fresh all at the same time.

While I'm not yet experienced enough to be able to distinguish all the individual notes, I can clearly smell the mandarin orange & grapefruit, as well as the woody cedar. Such a great combination. In my opinion this can be worn anywhere at any time.

The longevity & sillage are great. I put this on before 3:00pm and I can still smell it quite clearly now at 8:00pm.

The House of Givenchy is becoming my absolute favourite when it comes to men's fragrances. Another winner!

mado17
mado17

It has a special identity...classy scent to be used every now and then, especially in cold weather IMO....I like it but I will not be rebuying it.

ily_sb
ily_sb

This is a great cologne, fresh but not too light, comfortable to wear everyday; I've received compliments for it ;)

LenaBel
LenaBel

mmmm this one smells really good! it is not heavy, and very pleasant. my brother has it. I will consider buying this for my boyfriend too haha

Natalia78
Natalia78

Crispy and fresh fragrance for attention seeking men.Second best after Xeryus Rouge.

Goofy
Goofy

got this as a gift , good one .feels nice to wear it , liked by people around .

instantjim
instantjim

I tried this one out today I was actually looking to try out "Gentleman" but the store had sold out. I really like the longevity and silage of this fragrance. It started out fruity sweet and woody and the woodiness has continued up until now - after 8 hours it is still potent.

vdxl
vdxl

A nice sexy-fresh fragrance. It is fresh, but not aquatic, it has some non-tart sweetness added to it, plus you can smell clearly the woods. Definitely, another great Givenchy.And another thing, if you like this but want another Labdanum fragrance that is not citrus oriented, try Alviero Martini 1A Classe Uomo. These two scents have a similar type of sweetness and warmth.

dancam86
dancam86

I've had Pour Homme Blue Label for a while and I love it but for some strange reason I never came across with this one until yesterday when I went to get my second bottle of Very Irresistible (great scent) and I saw it there. I tried it for curiosity and was speechless... Wow! what a great perfume! Masculine, elegant, chic... It was love at first sniff :D
I don't know why this isn't very popular being as good as it is; I saw it on sale for 150$ (that's cheap in a volatile Economy like the one we have in my country) and bought it instantly. I highly recommend that you try this one, it's magic like all Givenchy scents.

Zocha
Zocha

It is so beautiful that you may just want stick your nose to it and never move back. I used to buy it for my boyfriend year after year for his birthday and finely decided to use it myself. It is not really a unisex but on me it is soooo beautiful, I love it and get many compliments. My favorite for many years now, there is nothing like it! Simply a masterpiece!

Eros

Addition: there is a "Givenchy pour Homme Silver Collector Limited Edition" of this perfume. It differs by notes of SILVER. That means sharpy belling notes, sounding like chorus, very similar to STDupont "belling" style. I think that was added for balancing purposes, because original "Pour Homme" is WARM and not sharpy, thus it has slightly relaxation feature for its carrier (You).
These metal silver notes add some sharpness and make perfume a bit more "official", more business style. BUT personally I think it is *NOT ALWAYS* valuable addition.
The price of Silver version is the same or a bit higher.

asfa

ILIAS ERMENIDIS ITS SO HAPPY WHIT THIS REVIEWS I TOLD HIM ABOUT ,AND THANKS U ALL FOR GOOD COPLEMENTS

Eros

Amazing. NOTHING compares to it. Quite complex but very well balanced perfume. It is really masculine: woody a lot, slightly tobacco and somewhere classy leather. Additionally it is breath-full, neither sharp nor rounded and VERY EASY to wear - as for me. Contains very natural components without modern italian "chemistry".
BEST OF THE BEST among sweet classy perfumes - as for me. No "acid", no artificial "freshness", no "menthol" at all: freshness is "naturally born" or "buit-in" with this perfume.
Can be very seducive for *skilled* women, who know where the male character is actually hidden.
Smells like NEW expensive leather bag standing on a NEW table made of cedar or red wood, close to box of expensive cigars and to open bottle of french cognac.
Analogues are: HUGO BOSS "Selection" (very close, but less complex), LaCoste Pour Homme (more cofee and vanilla), maybe Davidoff "Silver Shadow Private" (more bold and straight, less complex, more menthol).
The color of the bottle - brown - equally reflects the scent of this perfume, but the shape of bottle is not adequate - it should be something like Armani Attitude - cigarette lighter.
Lasts 10+ hours without ANY changes.

asfa

special perfume for special mans mr ermenidis make a exelant job again ,frech clean everyday perfume

VanAllan
VanAllan

This was my third fragrance this year, an autumn one (I think it pretty match the cold-rainy weather). The 1ml sample I received from a friend stayed opened in my car for 2weeks and the woody vetiver/cedar/labdanum smell intrigued me so much that I decided to order it. Now I have it for 3 months & I love it. I'm sure that 'davana' note listed in commercial is a powerful binding to all middle & base notes, because the spicy/fresh opening is followed by a perfect balanced warm/stylish/incensy/woody trail that lasts very long. I liked very much the old 'Pi' which was a stunner and I love 'PourHomme' for myself and my special girl, especially in cold & grey times. My rank 8.9/10. ☣☣☣☣

ropname
ropname

I've discovered this one about two months ago and i didn't had a great impression of it, but i still brought it. Now, i don't regret it as i fell in love with this one.

Indeed this perfume brings me more close to Christmass when i wear it, cause it gives me a sensation of comfort, elegance, peace & warmth. Like i would be while sitting in my warm home next to a burning fire in my fireplace, while outside i was hearing the "cold chills" of the wind :).

A great classic & stylish fragrance. It starts pretty spicy cause of the coriander, remembering me of the base of Visit by Azzaro, but warms down to the base where i love the dry vetiver & cedar notes.
A great addition to anyones collection :D.

nauticaa
nauticaa

I just love when my boyfriend wears it. It is a classic no-nonsense perfume for a sophisticated but kind and generous man. Not for clubbing or sports.

ticalau
ticalau

Very nice one! I like this more then Blue label... it's mutch elegant and warm... Indeed remind me of Blue label, but this smell mutch better. The base notes smell like cedar so mutch, and gives an air of holidays, of winter holidays, best for Christmas! And i like that it's poweful enough ! The bottle it's not that great, just like the blue label, only the color differ, but it's ok ;)

piotrek
piotrek

I love this fragrance, in my opinion it's one of the best classic warm woody fragrance for men.
It is my favourite smell for winter days, when I'd like to have a rest.

guest_Randall
guest_Randall

This is a great woody smell cologne. I really fell in love with this in 2005. Was one of my favorites but grown to love others.

Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy 4.02 out of 5 based on 551 ratings and 71 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Givenchy pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Givenchy pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.