Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label Givenchy for men

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label Givenchy for men
dislike

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label Givenchy for men Pictures Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label Givenchy for men Pictures Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label Givenchy for men Pictures

This is a relaxing and carefree version of Givenchy pour Homme. It is a fresh and dynamic fragrance for an active man which appreciates freedom. The fragrance has preserved the elegance, but has gained a new rebellious note. The combination of woodsy notes has got a new intensity and accord due to fresh cocktail of grapefruit and bergamot and presence of hedione. This perfume, as well as Givenchy pour Homme, was created by Alberto Morillas and Ilias Ermenidis in 2004.

Grapefruit Bergamot

Lavender Pepper Cardamom Artemisia

Vetiver Cedar Olibanum

Essence Musk

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label Fragrance Reviews

Jassar
Jassar

Smells like liquid pepper. Truly horrific. Immediate scrubber. Better have some industrial strength cleaner ready to get this smell off. 0 out of 10.

Scrubability = industrial strength ultra high. Only Hugo Boss Energize is worse.

faisalclairessence
faisalclairessence

one of my favorite...very clean and versatile, projection is awesome and i get a good 6 to 8 hours longevity on my skin...best thing is that not too many plp wear it like acqua di gio, dior etc..an absolute masterpiece by givenchy

venom0706
venom0706

One of my favorites! I love it so much. For me, it is suitable for any occasion at any time, but mostly for summer. Really like the spicy feel to it. A good purchase for anyone who wants to wear something casual, but fresh and elegant at the same time.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I got this as a gift for my birthday from my grandmother and I was very impressed with this fragrance. In the opening, there is a very authentic grapefruit note that is mildly sour and fruity. Then when it dries down, it has a woody aquatic vibe going on, which reminds me of Acqua di Gio. The problem with this fragrance is that longevity and projection are way below average. However, what this fragrance lacks in, it makes up for in scent and quality. Give this fragrance a try if you're into aquatics because it's a bit different than your generic summer fragrance.

ghanari65
ghanari65

فقط می‌تونم برای رایحه این ادکلن از کلمه «طراوت» استفاده کنم. شما رو می‌بره به یک دنیای دیگه

hossein_gi
hossein_gi

simply this is the best cold perfume that i ever smell.it has good last longing and sillage.i ricieved very compliment from it.girls crazy about that.trust me.
بهترین عطر خنکی که در زندگیم داشتم با ماندگاری و پخش بوی قابل قبول. دخترا دیوونه ی بوشن. من که خیلی تعریف ازش دریافت کردم.

georgequeue
georgequeue

I didn't like it! It's really nothing special, but a boring common-place aquatic scent. |-(

jotalopez
jotalopez

One of the best and well made aquatic scents out there. Too bad it has become such a popular and overused fragrance. Despite the bad reviews, this juice smells awesome. Citrus notes match perfectly with cardamom and pepper accords. Very similar to D&G LIght Blue Living Stromboli without the menthol note. I have used it for years and I still got lots of compliments every time I wear it.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Never rouse this scent from its proper resting place on the absolute bottom of the aquatic scent barrel. Bar none, this is the worst aquatic scent I've sampled to date. Cat piss citrus, dry wood, stale pepper and a marine note somewhat like the one in Bvlgari Acqua pour homme. Perhaps my sample is old, yet this has absolutely no personality or redeeming qualities. I'm done wasting my time on it, don't make the same mistake.

2/10 extra points for the nice bottle.

dq_firefly
dq_firefly

Smells OK, but the base notes are a bit sour to my nose. Good longevity/sillage. Safe choice if you want something clean & fresh but not too generic.

zouz123
zouz123

This is my signature perfume for summer. Works very well on me as it keeps me fresh and relaxed. Very good longevity and average sillage. Works at work, casually and at night. SIMPLY LOVE IT!! 9/10

Gault
Gault

I keep hearing all the time how unique aquatic is this. Just no and no. Not that unique and not even aquatic at least for me but that doesnt mean its not a great fragrance.
Not that kind of sparkling summer scent in my opinion, can be worn all year. Woody, slightly musky, a bit powdery, soapy citrus. Sure the opening can fool people thinking it is similar to Acqua di Gio, but its totally different after a couple of minutes. When Im looking at the whole fragrance Im suprised that this isnt a top seller, but knowing how uninteresting the top notes are and how "nonexistent" this can be on paper, I totally understand why people doesnt buy this at stores (Also the bottle is oval like an old car, which is totally not up to date but has its own admirers).
In my opinion the notes what making this special are actually the last ones according to the votes. Artemisia and olibanum. They are so obiviously present...bittersweet herbal and powdery resin-like.
The closest aquatic is probably Light Blue by D&G because of its citrus/incense/rosemary/pepper combo, very similar structure.
Actually the pepper is more nicer in this, hard to find such a soft inoffensive pepper in fragrances.
The best way to describe this fragrance is innocent, sexy and sensual. Its very light but long lasting, around 10 hours on my skin.
Absolutely unisex, try this if you like Light Blue either the women's version or the Pour Homme, Black XS or even Prada Amber Pour Homme.

asheble93
asheble93

Givenchy Pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy

Scent:
Opens heavy on the citrus with grapefruit and bergamont. The citrus pervades both opening and drydown. After the opening it melds pepper and cardamon, giving it a little more depth/weight that otherwise would not be there. (This is one of the few fragrances where I enjoy cardamon) Not too much floral, but the wood and pepper definitely give it a dry feel.
6.5/10

Sillage/Projection:
On myself it lasts a few hours and projects a few inches off the skin. Not too loud, but pleasant; which works for this one, it shouldn't be in you face overt (hence the higher score)
8.0/10

Overall: A dry, spicy citrus. It is very similar to Acqua di Gio, but minus the acqua; which is nice if you suffer from a case of non-conformity and want an acqua di gio alternative.
7.0/10

Andrius
Andrius

The best perfume I've ever had. It smells gorgeous - I'm on my 4th bottle and it's still a pleasure to use and enjoy :)

Migalex
Migalex

It smells like a typical aromatic fougére to me, at first (altough it is classified above as woody spicy), but the scent changes as time goes by and it loses its bitterness and becomes spicier, and to me ends up becoming more appealing, although not much. For my taste it is far too bland and stereotyped, and not really pleasant. But that is me.

Amadeus_k
Amadeus_k

it's a high end long lasting scent with a great smell

maztitox
maztitox

So fresh like a spirit in the morning. Simple, clean, good longevity and has the same flavor from start to finish. The smell reminds me of Eternity Aqua for Man. Unfortunately there is a cheap man spray cologne that smells like this.

mhm1985
mhm1985

Very good one, refreshing,calming,suitable for summer, combines grapefruit with lavender with hints of pepper and cedar...........

supposed to give it just (like) but due to the memories this perfume brings to me, I (love) it, it reminds me of best days of my life

Ultra.Black7
Ultra.Black7

بیش از اندازه سرده
و یکم منو کلافه میکنه
پخش بو خوبه ولی ماندگاریش تعریفی نداره

turgay
turgay

Taze,ferah ve Dinamik Yaz ideal koku.

ganabalong
ganabalong

Givenchy PH Blue Label is one of my favourite´s fragances ever,ingredients are simple but you feel the quality (is a wood based fragance with citrus and spices), how DarkViolet said: "Blue Label: sexy without being arrogant, simple without getting boring".
This can be a good representative of the 2000´s essences, is sophisticated and socially accepted, not strong o intrusive like the 80´s....i don´t know if is a "lady Killer" but when i use, i feel like a gentleman...might not see me so, but I think I smell like a one!!...good memories about this fragance

Smell 9/10 [Grapefruit (not fresh)+Lavender (not like a old school)+pepper (not intrusive) combo!]
Longevity 8/10 (is not a strong smell, remember)
Projection 6/10 (not intrusive,is more like a conversacional/pair distance...spider web like)
Lady Killer Capabilities ? (i don´t know, i´m not a woman!)

gert1980
gert1980

longetivity 3/10
smell 8/10

editionblanche
editionblanche

this is the most well-balanced fragrance i've ever smelled. Harmony and simplicity is its synthesis. It can be worn in any place, any time, for any purpose... and will always do well. Projection is very decent, but longevity is poor, that's my only complaint.

princesita25
princesita25

This perfume is one a woman shall always remember. A must have for any sexy man...

currrlygurrrly
currrlygurrrly

I have worn this since it came out. Always amazed on how many compliments I get on it! One of the best fragrances out there.

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

eu nao troco e nao permito faltar para mim.nao é a 8 maravilha do mundo,mas é marcante.aki no Rio de janeiro nao é tao badalado quanto polo blue,aqua di gio,aqua bulgary,mas é um perfume sofisticado em minha opiniao.
a uniao da refrescancia com a sensualidade adquirida pela nota de pimenta faz dele um tanto jovem,mas elegante...bem coringa,deixa um rastrinho suave e perceptivel,fixaçao em minha pele supera as 8 horas.pena que a nota de grapefuit se sobressai muito se nao seria perfeito.

nanasebo
nanasebo

i think i really like it, smells classic

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

As tired and generic I find this scent, it's not the worst in the category. When I smell I keep thinking of Zenga and their boring aquatics. Atleast the citruses In this one are fresher than most.

Papi
Papi

Nice "woody?" frag, serious and unique stuff. Recommend it for colder days, not summer!! it will not work.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Blue Label: sexy without being arrogant, simple without getting boring.

Middle notes and drydown are stunning: I clearly perceive the clean freshness of lavanda surrounded by spices, a pleasant and relaxing accord that preludes to a woody and more masculine base. I'm not particularly in love with its opening, maybe because of the citruses accord which I use to dislike.

Blue Label won't probably be the best scent ever, or the most unique... but it's the kind of fragrance I'd like to smell on a man everytime and everywhere... it owns the simplicity of good things, those you will not probably be surprised by but you could always enjoy.
Definitely and easy-to-wear and clean scent, with a touch of Givenchy's usual class.. most suitable for working, nice for romantic dates too :)

Rich28
Rich28

This is a pleasent smell, very inoffensive. The first time I tried the blue label it smelt identical to the red label which I owned previously. It was only after a couple of wears that I began to notice the difference. Both fragrances start off similar however, the drydowns are both different.

To my nose, the red label is a bit sweeter and it maintains that in the dry down whereas with the blue label it starts off sweet but then turns into a mild sour citrusy smell (which I like actually). In fact, the sour citrusy smell kinda gives that impression that one of the notes not mentioned here is vodka or some other alcoholic beverage.

The sour citrus smell reminds me of two other fragrances that I owned; subtle by sf and moon sparkle by escada. There are similar notes in all three but the greatest similarity to me is between the moon sparkle and this one.

The only other note that I detect in this fragrance other than the citrus is lavander. I don't detect any of the spices or the woodsy notes for that matter. It's still early however, maybe after a few more wears I'll notice the other notes.

My only negative comment about blue label is that it's soo sublte that it's projection after about 1-2hrs isn't that good and that's why I'd place red label above this. That withstanding, what it lacks in longevity, it makes up for in scent quality.

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top: Citrus, some sour scent, but not over powering, something spicy creeping out, but its hidden, you will need to really dig in to smell the spice. 1-3 hours mark.

Middle: not much changes from the top notes, the citrus sour scent still lingers around. 2-3 hours. It literally gets close to my skin. I get bad projection from this one even on hot weathers =/

Base: Synthetic vibe on the dry-down, Something flower-sour; I don't know XD. 2-3 hours mark.

Great complements for the first 3 hours, unique, but not special.

Very versatile, I can use this at work out with friends, etc. You can use this when your shopping, going to the mall. But this is not for clubs.

If you are into aquatics, this is a BUY. Unique aquatic scent. But it's a pass for me, I am not an aquatic fan for sure =p

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works very well on the hot, under the heat. You can use this at night, but you can barely leave an impression on your date.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 3 (unique aquatic, nice scent, but it seems a little common to me, its like a Volkswagen beetle, new concept, but the same ol' design-style...whatever).

Sillage: 3-4 (not offending, sitting quietly when doing nothing, pumps up when you are walking).

Time length: 2 (I get a poor one for this, so it is best to try it on your skin first before purchasing it).

Occasion: 4 (You can use on any occasion. BUT not for parties, you cannot cut through the smoke with this).

Overall base on mathematics: 3 @ 3.25/5

A biggy-looking aquatic bottle that goes on par with Acqua Di Gio. Aquatic fans should check this out, non aquatic fans...just don't bother. I bought it because I like the bottle shape =p

Luckily I found the opened box so I got to test it out. This fragrance was actually fresh and I did not expect this. To me, it's more like a Woody Aromatic, not Woody Spicy because I didn't get anything peppery or spicy at all. The top was kinda juicy and it got drier as it smoothly moved to the middle and the base. The base was woody that was actually crisp clean and light. Nonetheless, I don't find it special enough to make a purchase because I already have few fragrances that smells similar (hint hint: Paul Smith Extreme) and the price is a little bit on the expensive side. For now, it remains in my "next purchase" and "recommend" lists.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

It is quite a Refreshing scent,Fresh but Nice,Clean but Cute.It doesnt smell cheap,A truly Young scent which can not be Offensive.

In the begining GBL is really Grapefruity on my skin,Then it turns lavender As The mix both to create a Scent perfect for the SPRING&SUMMER days.The base notes is just Clean and Light.The bottle is stylish too.

A Subtle fragrance,can be worn to the Office as well as for everyday. Nonetheless This cologne Not Unique and you can always find a cold fragrances like this Specially if you are a Collector!

SILLAGE&LONGEVITY?Average for me.

6.5/10

atmosphere
atmosphere

I love smelling this cologne! I love it so much that I almost wish I could wear it, and I'm a girl. Instead, I ended up buying it for my brother on his birthday, and get to enjoy smelling it around the house. He likes it a lot too, which is a relief considering how most perfumes trigger his allergies or are just too strong for him.

There is something just so addictive about it, about all Givenchy perfumes, really. This cologne is so lemony, clean, and fresh, but definitely does not smell cheap. It is also not a harsh citrus scent, as the lavendar and other notes soften it up quite a bit. For summer, it's perfect, as it is not cloying at all, and leaves a beautiful scent trail. It's a really great light, casual scent that's perfect for day to day wear.

BIG
BIG

starts off citrusy,bot not too citrusy, then lavender and the nutmeg notes combo accord shows up and it all mellows down to a soft and calm woody base. pleasant smell, but not my thing.

kittymoon
kittymoon

Boys listen, this is sexy! It's so fresh and masculine, young and clean! It's for the never-grow-ups. The best summer scent ever! Go buy a bottle! :)

guest_li0n.
guest_li0n.

Blue Label is a very fresh and pleasant perfume but since it came out there are a lot of cheap "clones" around. Im not sure if Im gonna buy it again, though i love the smell...Im looking for something more special.

guest_Phillip
guest_Phillip

Dis is a classic... miles away from my destination and peeps sense I'm around. Outstanding!!!

Chris2448
Chris2448

It is a good scent for any occasion. It is not too light nor too strong. It has a sweet and sour feel to it. Its dry down is very similar to acqua di gio's. However, the advantage this one has over acqua di gio is that its fruit notes are stronger, hence giving a a slightly sweeter smell. I personally prefer this over acqua di gio on my skin.

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it. Even though I still have a completely full bottle :) Givenchy, you please me so, I never want to see you go. If you do my soul will die, no grandma will ever make another pie. Neo. Lol.

This is an extremely fresh cologne. The grapefruit and bergamot hit hard in the top notes. The variety of base notes are nicely balanced and not overpowering. Not to mention the lavender and pepper is amazing in it as well. I do not find this to be spicy at all though, just like Chanel Allure Sport EDT even though they are considered spicy.

A lot of us say that this is is generic, boring, simple, etc. which I think isn't entirely true. I do find this to remind of a lot of other colognes, but I think Blue Label tops the generic genre.

It really does come down to the overall quality and chemistry Givenchy put into Blue Label. I am convinced Givenchy intended for this to be one of their casual, fresh colognes we can enjoy during the day time or a nice all occasion type. Nothing serious, just good ol' clean.

Longevity is pretty good. Not the longest lasting cologne I own but I'm always running in and out at work so I do understand it's struggle to stay on me, haha.

The bottle is pretty cool. It's extremely big and it towers all my other bottles. The spritzer is pretty cool too. It gives mini shots so that you don't spray on too much, which I like.

With all that said. It's another great cologne from the house of Givenchy. Givenchy is awesome and dominating the department stores right now. Keep doing what you do Givenchy. ;)

Talat001
Talat001

Easily the best suited cologne for any environment. I have had this cologne since 2005 and I still wear it about 3-4 days a month. I have always gotten compliments wearing it in all types of situations whether it be a formal dinner, to just relaxing at home with a girl on the couch. This one will never come out of my collection.

jasonx
jasonx

Nothing spicy about this one IMO.On the test strip it smells kinda nice but on my skin it's lemony, extremely sour and then there's Acqua di Gio ( or Aqva Marine) dry down. That's it.

db16gawingshot
db16gawingshot

This is my first new fragrance purchase in many, many years; however it will not be my last. I am planning on expanding my fragrance position and knowledge.

Although this is my “first” fragrance purchase in quite some time, I am not a novice when it comes to distinguishing various nuances of odors/smells (trained in various olfactory detection, which is long story but gives me enough information [I feel] to participate here).

I would agree with other reviews that the fragrance begins with a grapefruit/bergamot infusion with a slight lavender noise; however it seems to change quickly to be a less “fruity” fragrance by losing the grapefruit note. It becomes a woody, yet very fresh, fragrance.

I was surprised to find the fragrance very attractive, and although the grapefruit noise is lost quickly it seems to remain is a slight undertone that allows the fragrance to be more “fresh” than other “woody” fragrances.

I enjoy the lack of musk in this fragrance. It allows the fragrance to be worn in a variety of situations including summer business meetings, winter family gatherings, and perhaps spring and fall casual outings.

gucci
gucci

i loves this one it's so spicy and worm really good for the winter

Toni Lop
Toni Lop

A creation of packaging all the components of the Earth, such as rice, flowers. The basic components of grapefruit and peppers give the fragrance strongly, at a time of dirt and Aromas Cedarwood Vetiver add richness and the smell of
Perfume is a special flavor

asfa
asfa

great and awesome fresh scent for all mans and for a sexy summer BRAVO AGAIN MR ERMENIDIS

eduardomm
eduardomm

nice!

dunatko
dunatko

hmm... first i liked it - the bottle is great but the fragrance in it?! hm...

the start is very fruity - only note i smell is lemon... fresh lemon... after time i think its a little bit too strong = synthetic... and after it comes something i dont really like - maybe the combination of notes - or it isnt compatible with my skin - its a bit sour... but doesnt last long... and then its ok!

my boyfriend uses this one during summer, it is very fresh, bergamot and cardamon, a little spicy, a little woody, lasts long. I think it is very beautiful and underrated. Not everyone can stand heavy masculine fragrances.

ticalau
ticalau

it's 2 simple for my taste :D I had it, but i won't buy it again. It's a fresh fragrance and good for every day... but nothing special... and doesn't have any elegants in his way! But i like that it's a long lasting, a powerful one!

الأمل الأخير
الأمل الأخير

It gives a unique fresh smell,
and really noticing females attracted to it,
but it is boring for the long term,

It has the spicy smell and heavy,
and kills the bad smell,

Giv1952
Giv1952

i especially love to wear it with a white shirt. Very elegan.

knightz
knightz

Givenchy Blue Label starts out with a beautiful Grapefruit-Bergamot-Lavender accord, and the Grapefruit is a little bit fruity. Cardamom enhanced pepper joins in right away to spice it up. No musks or amber in the base keeps it fresh throughout the duration.

A woody incense-like accord is what is left after the first hour, and it holds on for 4 to 5 hours total on me. Sillage is average. Nice for business or daytime casual wear.

afifa
afifa

A very awesome scent. Love it when a boy wearing it comes close. Mom like it too. Bought it for ma bro. Sweet fresh and relaxing. Refreshes in the hot summer days.

promoscanner
promoscanner

A great scent for summer. Nice and crisp, with a little spicy undertone. Perfect for day to day use. Not strong enough for a long sweaty night though.

2007

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy 3.93 out of 5 based on 423 ratings and 56 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.