Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Greenergy Givenchy for men

Greenergy Givenchy for men
dislike

Greenergy Givenchy for men Pictures

Greenergy by Givenchy is a Floral Green fragrance for men. Greenergy was launched in 2000. Greenergy was created by Ilias Ermenidis and Alberto Morillas. Top notes are orange, mandarin orange, basil, mint, grapefruit, cardamom and lemon; middle notes are mimosa, nutmeg, pepper and marigold; base notes are sandalwood, vetiver and styrax.

Orange Mandarin Orange Basil Mint Grapefruit Cardamom Lemon

Mimosa Nutmeg Pepper Marigold

Sandalwood Vetiver Styrax

Greenergy Fragrance Reviews

Redbeard
Redbeard

Nice opening, very lush and moist, but I wanted a purely green scent, no fruit; for me this is a dealbreaker. I think Greenergy lies at the overlap between the bright-green brigade (Bowling Green), the fresh cucumber-melon contingent (Polo Blue?) and the sporty-apples set (Adidas Moves/Eternity). As it heads into the mid-notes, though, the freshness dissipates, leaving more and more honey-sweetness, like the fruit is getting overripe. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of grass and leaves underneath the fruit, and this is what earns it its neutral thumb from me, but it just reminds me of the countless low-end "I guess it's tropical fruit?" scents. I've also tried using it as room spray, but it's just too assertive and focused of a scent to provide a nice background. Considering how cheap it can be, though, it's quite a bargain because it's still at least as good as many designer masculine fruit scents.

sparkyman
sparkyman

A blind, but informed purchase following a superbly rounded insight, personally delivered, from krmarich.

WOW - this gent knows his scent. If you need a benchmark for a potential unauditioned purchase, then take heed good folk....for his musings should not be taken asunder.

A floral beauty, swathed in a herbaceous cloak, handsomely guilded with opulent spice . A bewitchingly resplendant fragrance, English springtime on a still afternoon, laced with a mumur of pure nectar.

I care not about sillage & longevity with this one as I'd be content to keep this to myself......all day everyday.

krmarich
krmarich

This was in the Insense bottle with green notes added. Yes, there are some summer florals here with just a bit too much spice. Its better than Insene Ultramarine, yet not even close to the original Insense.

The turn of the century held so much promise. Greenergy works perfectly out in the garden. Just keep it discreet and in private. Its somewhat sexy. The styrax gives it that familiar candy closing. It closes the book on my relationship with Givenchy.

Indeed a sad day...

erilika
erilika

I love the name and the green juice inside the bottle. The perfume itself, well, is green, yes, but not that green because I can still smell flowers and some kind of sweetness that I can't put my finger on.

At times this is a bit wet and cold, which I don't really enjoy, but overall Greenergy is still a nicely-done summer fragrance. It has a 'classic' feeling to it.

kisherceg
kisherceg

I've found it accidently looking into a small perfume-shop.I didn't search for it but when I saw I wanted to know Greenergy :) The saleslady had no tester just this last bottle (in box sealed).
I've decided to buy it without testing because of its rarety.
When I got in my car (hurry to work) I tried it immediately. I wasn't too impressed because it was so strong at first sniff and it didn't seem to be so special.
But when I arrived to work one of my colleague noticed : "you smell good..what is it? Adidas Sport Field?"
I was surprised but she's right. There are some similarities.. The green grass element is prominent in both. But Greenergy is not fruity at all like Sport Field with that much pineapple. After 30 minutes Greenergy calmed down and marigold and mimosa began to rule. I like it,these notes are not too frequent in masculine scents.
This amazing scent made squarely for spring or summer.

franceg
franceg

Great fragancem unfortunally discontinued in south america

perfume_junkie
perfume_junkie

I love this one, everytime I found it ( cause it's really hard to find it anymore) I bought a few bottles for my husband...great on summer days..

Quite similar to Coriolan but without the worn leather note. If Coriolan is too rough or unbalanced for you, this is probably what you're looking for. It's very good if you want a "masculine" green/floral with some softness in the base. There are also clear spice notes. Overall, very well done, with good longevity and moderate projection, as I'm guessing they intended. Also, it's good for all seasons and occasions, except when you want to "make a strong statement."

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

One of the green florals for men that can be used casually. Opens with fruity green notes transforms to linear light green chypre. Those who like original Insense, and light florals may like. It is still can be found at some shops, although it has been discontinued.

guest_AnnArborBodhi
guest_AnnArborBodhi

an amateur's perspective:

top notes: citrus, grass

mid: primarily floral

base: oriental woods

Lasting power: average. It lasts steadily for a few hours, but unfortunately only as a very subtle scent. Someone would need to be very, very close to you to smell it. Then again, I have rather dry skin, so this might be a factor.

flannelman
flannelman

Greenergy is a soft, easy to wear green and fruity chypre. It opens brightly with lemon but also sweetly with notes of orange and mandarin to which a faint (and brief) aromatic note of basil is added. The mint and cardamom could be more pronounced here, I think, to counter-balance the sweetness.

A light vetiver then appears, mixed with an array of floral notes, in the same vein as what is done in Insensé. I also get melon every time, although I have never seen it listed in the notes. The two keywords here are, again, soft and sweet.

Greenergy stays pretty much linear after that. While it's pleasant, to my nose its name was not aptly chosen. From "Greenergy" I was expecting an explosion of sharp green notes. And while it is green — because of the vetiver and a light moss-like note that develops in the final stages — it's also very flowery and has a sweet, soft, fruity side that I do not find "energetic".

All in all, this is not what I expected but nevertheless a pleasant, inoffensive light fragrance for spring and summer. Longevity and sillage are on the weak side.

Greenergy by Givenchy 4.41 out of 5 based on 42 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Greenergy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Greenergy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Greenergy by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Greenergy by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.