Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Hot Couture Givenchy for women

Hot Couture Givenchy for women Pictures Hot Couture Givenchy for women Pictures

Hot Couture is dedicated to the perfection of a woman’s body; sensual and glamorous, refined and elegant, this perfume is created for unusual woman, provocative and irresistibly charming. Top notes include citrus; the heart is composed of magnolia, pepper and vetiver, while the base notes are sandalwood, amber and musk. Perfume was created by Alberto Morillas and Jacques Cavallier in 2000, while the bottle was designed by Serge Mansau. This fragrance is available in 50ml and 100 ml Eau de Parfum bottles.

Orange Raspberry Bergamot

Magnolia Vetiver Pepper

Sandalwood Amber Musk

Hot Couture Collection No.1
Hot Couture Eau de Toilette

Hot Couture Fragrance Reviews

beccalee79
beccalee79

I will never forget the day I first encountered Hot Couture 14 years ago. I was on my lunch break browsing for a new perfume. A sales lady came up to me and started telling me all about this wonderful new fragrance that had been launched just a few days earlier and that it contained notes of raspberry and pepper. I'd never heard of a perfume containing notes of pepper and I was quite intrigued. I was blown away when she gave me the tester to try. From that day til this I have never had a fragrance absolutely floor me! I must add that the fragrance I was given and subsequently purchased 10 seconds after smelling, was in fact the original release with the silhouetted woman on the front of the bottle. Having said that I now have this EDP version and they do smell the same to my nose, however the original was a LOT stronger and longer lasting. There are 100s of happy memories attached to this perfume for me. I love this more than words and in my opinion it is a true masterpiece!

What an interesting scent! At first it seemed a little old- fashioned because of the strong notes in it. I can smell sandalwood, amber, vetiver and lots of pepper. It's the most peppery perfume I have tried so far. And raspberry suits very well with those notes, there is a contrast, which I enjoy. There is also hint of magnolia.
It is sweet and peppery at the same time. Maybe a little too peppery for me, but definitely interesting.

hanson26
hanson26

I have the most mixed feelings ever about this perfume, I've never been so confused by a fragrance before. I really like the scent itself, for some reason it reminds me very strongly of something in my childhood, particularly when I spent summers in Poland with my grandmother. I can't put my finger on what it is, maybe that perfume was just really popular there at the time or something, but anyway I love perfumes that bring back memories. That said, I'm not entirely sure I want to smell like it. It wears a tad sweet and cloying on me for the first hour, which puts me off, but then it's just lovely. It's definitely a high quality fragrance, great longevity and sillage, but I'd call it a casual scent regardless. But that's good! Even if I just want to wear a perfume casually, I still want to be able to smell it. However, this fragrance isn't exactly a 'love' for me, it's not mind-blowingly awesome, it's just a great comfort scent. I could see myself buying a bottle in the future, but it's not at the top of my list.

Holli
Holli

I can't wear many berry scents, but this one worked for me. The pepper here is strong without making for an itchy nose. I kind of expected chocolate in the notes. Maybe the vetiver/berry combo reads a bit like a bitter chocolate. When I got married, my husband and I were shopping and I picked up VS Heavenly Kiss which had just come out. I find the two a little similar, but Heavenly Kiss makes me feel oversugared and itchy. Sadly, my bottle of HC met its demise on the bathroom tiles. A first for me, and I nearly teared up over it. Hehe. Not sure if I'll both replacing, but it's a nice scent to have in the arsenal.

Hellita
Hellita

The EDP was a blind purchase based on reviews on Fragrantica and Youtube, and I'm sooo glad I did! At first I was scared I wouldn't like it because it was sweet but also kind of strange - and like nothing I've ever smelled before. BUT after a few days of wearing it I have fallen in love with it, exactly because it's different from everything else. My boyfriend rarely comments on my perfumes, but he noticed this one when lying in bed: "Oh, you smell very good. What is that?". YEES! That was exactly the reaction I wanted. He could smell the raspberry, but since it also has a smoky note to it, it's definately not too sweet. I'm so happy I own this!

kyl77
kyl77

Hot Couture smells like raspberry sorbet topped with a dash of pepper. It's not terribly sophisticated but rather fun and cheerful. For some reason it reminds me of the 1980's. It seems like something Molly Ringwald would have worn back then. Whenever I wear it I feel like the female lead in a John Hughes film; both sweet and quirky.

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

This perfume has an attitude. It just gives you that feeling. It's sultry, sexy, dangerous, powerful, dirty naugthy. I was wearing this the other day with my leather jacket, tight jeans and boots. And there was this guy following me in the store. Looked like he wanted to ask what perfume I'm wearing. After like 10mins or so he finally did. :D

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Many haute fragrances have disappointed me but this one has delivered beautifully.

Sweet, sexy, sophisticated, slightly intoxicating. The best of all worlds and what you'd expect from an expensive perfume, really. I imagine a sweeter version of Joan Holloway would wear this.

I would save this for a special occasion when you're bearing just the right amount of skin.

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

I agree with Zayzay, I also find gourmand notes in Hot Couture. I don't find honey in the pyramid, but the opening to my nose was exactly this - pure sweet honey. On my skin I get only raspberry, magnolia and wood, no pepper (good!), nor vetiver (bad). It's too sweet for me to wear it and is kind of linear and boring.

zayzay
zayzay

I shouldn't really like this...I confess it is too young for me, and I don't really like gourmands (it actually smells really gourmand to me!!) But for me there is something very comforting here.

It is something like sitting in a cosy room in front of a smoky, crackling log fire... on my lap is a box of boozy raspberry truffles dipped in very dark chocolate... with a glass of warm spiced punch in front of me. I have no idea why it gives me this impression, it just does!!!

Another thing, I can only wear this perfume on very cold and wintery days. I spray a little on my scarf and wherever I go, it manages to conjure up that comforting feeling for hours on end. Lovely!!!

risarii
risarii

A delicious smoky raspberry.
Makes me think of being a young starlet at a fancy Hollywood club in the 1940s. It's sweet and feminine, but smoky and sexy. Glamorous and sophisticated but playful and flirty.

Long lasting, good silage and perfect for the night. Clubbing, dinners, parties, dates... that sort of thing. Wonderful. :)

I also really like the bottle.

On my skin it was like a sweet candy, but I liked such sweet fragrances that time. Pepper never developed on me. It was like raspberry - vetiver - musk, and I really loved it. Despite strong sweetness, it was somehow classy...

KaseyC
KaseyC

It opens with a significant orange note. When it dries down, the raspberry note dominates and it is getting very strong. Actually this fragrance overall is strong and syrupy sweet. I have a feeling that it is quite long lasting as I can still smell it even after washing my arm and hand.

If you look for a very sweet fragrance you would be interested in trying this one. But if you look for a fresh natural raspberry fragrance, this is definitely not for you.

CozyCat

I left a glowing review below, but a week after finally purchasing a bottle for myself, I gave it away to my mom. It's a very good scent, with a very interesting composition, very feminine in a mature, provocative sense, but at the same time I find it much too woodsy, too dry, and not floral enough for my tastes. So strange that the fragrance is classified as a floral. It's a very dry, smokey, woodsy, musky raspberry...not a sweet or juicy, spicy-floral-raspberry which I would have preferred (like Apparition by Emmanuel Ungaro for eg.) ...I got no flowers from HC at all (maybe dried flowers), and the pepper just adds to the depth and dryness of the scent without actually smelling spicy. It smells like something an elegant and feminine woman in her 40's would wear, I imagine her to be a blonde or a redhead, attractive, a company CEO probably, throaty-husky voice, possibly a smoker, ambitious, fiercely independent (especially financially), and wears her pearls and pastel colored suits well. Someone who's been there, done that, and is in charge of her body and her life, this would be a powerful and sexy enough signature that's more flirtatious than dark. That's almost the total opposite of who I am, so this scent is not for me, I need something more succulent, warm and 'high-pitched'. Hot Couture makes me thirsty with its dry, sour-ish minty notes, and has headache-inducing potential....Wearing this made me realize how much of a floral girl I am, I really began craving the sweet, balmy floral scents, or orientals, or anything dipped in vanilla and fruits...anything but this. I guess I am not a fan of the prominent woodsiness of HC. I gave Hot couture away to my mother, and it smells like it was made for her, elegant, deep and feminine. Ange Ou Demon is definitely more my style, that one is my signature!

PS. If you watch Californication, this is what I picture Sue Collini (Kathleen Turner's character) would wear...it smells as dry and husky as her distinctive voice sounds, and it feels very blonde, sexual, mature, witty and sophisticated.

Linna27
Linna27

One of my 1st perfumes that I still have it, no matter how many of them I'll change I still go back to this one because the way it smells its incredible and as my boyfriend would say "you smell eatable" :) I would never change it.

Thurea
Thurea

My go-to evening fragrance. It's spicy and just the right amount of heavy and musky. I hardly notice the raspberry at all, the pepper and musk is what I pick up on the most.

I love.

PLUMPIE

I recently bought a bottle of this current edition after falling in love with this scent all over again. I loved it back in 2003 and then stopped wearing it for whatever reasons and there it stayed. But recently I tried it again after obtaining a vintage mini and realising I had to have it again. This newer version (EDP) is very similiar to the original so hasn't strayed in anyway but it may be a bit lighter than the original but other than the bottle design it is pretty much the same scent which I am very happy about as so many favourites have been destroyed by reformulation as of late. This scent ages well and changes colour over time with the raspberry notes becoming more apparent and liquor like. My other half also loves this which is a bonus. Definitely get the EDP not the EDT as the EDT is so much sweeter and missing the heady vetiver accord. Givenchy seems to be my house of perfume loves - I could happily wear just Hot Couture, Organza, Organza Indecence, and Ysatis if I had to!

sky74
sky74

I don't know how someone can say there aren't cloying notes here. There is a distinctive note of smoke... nevertheless, I don't care! Don't know why, can't explain it but I LOVE this perfume. I think I'm addicted to it. There isn't a day go by that I don't spritz my wrist with this intoxicating stuff and sniff myself constantly. Mayby it reminds me a night out where you smell a variety of stuff: Some alcohol, food, rich deserts blending together with cigarette smoking.

this reminds me of HC collection #1 but sweeter and fresher. although, I really love collection #1 also. on me this a fresh raspberry musk with a hint of citrus and woods. it's almost syrupy, but I like it. I wear this with a light hand and love to spray it behind my ears from the little sample bottle I own...that way I can smell it up close and personal. lasting time is average on me and I surprisingly get no pepper in this.

terigurl
terigurl

I love this scent. It reminds me of Jean Paul Gaultier. It has a woodsy/spicy opening and then dries down to a nice warm/sweet scent with mild spice. It's not overpowering. And although I usually wear spicy/woodsy scents in the winter, I can see myself wearing this year round.

terezie
terezie

This is lovely! It has a similar vibe as Gucci II which I also like. While Gucci II is slightly bitter and cedar fresh, Hot Couture is sweeter and smokier. I am not fan of fragrances heavy on amber but the amber here serves only as an ancor to the other notes. Very well blended scent.

Pari88
Pari88

Received my first EDP of Hot Couture today. Love it! Much deeper and warmer then the EDT, but still has the smoky and sweet raspberry vibe. The edt may seem juvenile in essence, but that and the edp are really just the day and night versions of each other. The edt is one of my all time most complimented fragrances and 99% of the time by men, although most women seem to sneer when I wear it ;-) I love love love it! Trust me, I've tried lots of old tried and true popular sexy faves, Armani Code, Coco Madem, Hypnose, Armani Diamonds, Addict, Hypnotic Poison, Cavalli, none have been adored more by strangers and familiar faces then this one has.
Some of my so called "girl-friends" who were also heavy smokers responded to this with "ukhhh what is that smell" (edt) immediately after that an ex guy friend was like "mmm what is that smell?" I still believe the untamed flirty Ms. Monroe would have wore this fragrance had she been around now. It is a must try for flirty, sexy, head strong women, who are kind and overly sweet, but also slightly spoiled. Also for the shy introvert who only shares her extreme lioness sexual side in the bed. Any age can wear this and feel like a sex kitten. I'm 25 yrs young and I think think it suits my age perfectly.
EDP or EDT both are great. I have honestly never smelled anything like this, although the raspberry is a common note, nothing else in this is. It's uniqueness is the intense hazy smoke. Gotta try it ladies! Fruity, Smoky, Warm, Sweet, and a little bit of Spice. Think of a PINK version of the PURPLE Euphoria ;-) 2 sprays will do!

laylabedford
laylabedford

I love, love, love this perfume! smells like raspberries and popcorn.

edviga.rama
edviga.rama

One of my top 5 favorite perfumes.Is so warm cozy and the smoky aspect, makes this perfume so special e distinctive.I'm just in love with it.It's so nighttime and sexy.I got both, the EDT & EDP versions,but there is big difference in notes that makes the first one daytime and the other one night or date time.Can't help myself but, JUST LOVE IT.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

For some reason this perfume takes me back to vintage Pin-up posters =)

It almost feels like it jumped out of a 40's beauty magazine. It's sinfully sweet and alluring. A very classic feminine perfume that hugs and kisses u all day long. A dream! =)

LeaB
LeaB

I smell this and always think of chocolate and raspberries! Totally love it and have been wearing it for years. The scent lasts well and isn't overpowering. it's one I can never run out of.

mils
mils

I feel guilty that this beauty stays on my shelf and I go for it just occasionally, but it has a reason. In my opinion this is not any "every day" scent you can wear any time. It;s very special - posh. It has almost something like hazelnut feel. I can;t imagine wearing this with saggy T-shirt and trainers but I don;t say that this is only suitable for a strict elegant woman with a suit either. It opens very sharp and honestly I can;t detect each note since it just smells spicy together. After a while I can clearly smell raspberry but it;s not the zesty raspberry, as it blends together with the pepper it smells spicy, slightly sweet. Vetiver gives it little smokiness but nothing you should be afraid of. I think the vetiver here smells like wet wood in the forest and that makes with the raspberry that hazelnut feel I was talking about. I find this very unique with great longevity and sillage. As some of you said before it;s classy, has the girly playful side but yet is elegant and sophisticated. I think it;s controversial in this way and can be worn by a young girl but also by a mature chic woman. With this you will show you;re not cheap and easy to get. You are very romantic but with the fast way of living you don;t have the right time for the romance. You;re rough outside but so fragile and nice inside. This makes me falling in love over again. Goddess made by Givenchy :-)

Mortina
Mortina

It is a very strange frangrance and I don't mean it in a good way. It opens smelling like a man's perfumes - a sharp and noisy pepper with some woodsy notes underneath. It then softens a bit, but it's still manly and feels kind of like I would go to a stranger's room and sprayed myself with his perfumes, which may be an interesting experience, but not an everyday fragrance.

And then, somewhere at the very end of the pepper, musk and wood, I can smell a dry, vague and unpleasant raspberry, which drawn me to this perfume in the first place.

In general I would say this fragrance is for young, romantic boys rather than for girls, who expect sweet, yet dark and a bit peppery raspberries.

Mosschops
Mosschops

I love this smell - I mean I absolutely adore it! Alas, as I'm a bloke I cannot pull it off, so I make the unforgivable crime of using it as a room fragrance.

From a blokes point-of-view, it literally turns my head when a woman walks past wearing Hot Couture. It makes me go weak at the knees!

I don't like the opening one bit. It's too sharp, spikey and the raspbery dominates. But, leave it 30 mins, and by god you get a different scent altogether. It's rich, warm, sensual and fills you with a glow of well-being. Lush and highly recommended!

At first contact with Hot Couture EDP:
fresh tomato sauce, acidity and a nice dose of pepper!

The evolution on skin reveals something bright: one feminine scent, sexual and utterly unlike any other! The raspberry adds sweetness to a perfume extremely spicy and full of spices. All notes seem to blend harmoniously. And the pepper, before too strong, result in a note distinguished and persists in the skin ... Intensifying the other notes in the best way imaginable!

In short: Hot Couture leaves your packaging and into contact with the skin is like the feeling of horny increasingly growing in the body. When there the sweet smell on skin is like a orgasm ... Next, a feeling of satisfaction that occurs when the total mixture of the perfume clings to the skin until disappear (+ - 10 hours).

It is a perfume well done, with fantastic upgrades!

(Please, excuse my english!)

Num primeiro contato com Hot Couture EDP pensei em
molho de tomates frescos, acidez e uma bela dose de pimenta!

A evolução na pele revela algo brilhante: um perfume feminino, sexual e totalmente diferente de qualquer outro! A framboesa adiciona doçura à um perfume extremamente apimentado e cheio de especiarias. Todas as notas parecem misturar-se de forma harmônica. E a pimenta que inicialmente se mostrava forte demais, depois que se acalma, resulta numa nota que se distingue e persiste na pele... Intensificando as demais notas da melhor forma possível e imaginável!

Resumindo: Assim que Hot Couture sai de sua embalagem e entra em contato com a pele é como a sensação do tesão cada vez mais crescente no corpo. O aparecimento do cheiro doce quando o perfume começa a se estabelecer na pele é como um orgasmo... Seguido de uma sensação de satisfação que acontece quando a mistura total do perfume se agarra na pele e fica até desbotar (+- após umas 10 horas).

É um perfume bem feito, com evoluções fantásticas!!

Joy of a woman living her life the way she wants to

Loraamore
Loraamore

Smells like Cherry Cuddler doll (Strawberry Shortcake dolls). I love it. Now if I could just find the Apricot doll scented perfume, I would be so happy.

malikado
malikado

i have new one 50ml. i don't like this perfume @ all
any one want it just tell me

Raspberry, though it is one of my favorite foods, is my least favorite note. Hot Couture has been my sister's signature since college and over time I have come to a grudging acceptance of it. If I HAD to wear a raspberry laden frgrance Hot Couture would be it.
The raspberry in this composition is juicy, and not too sugary. I get a signifigant amount of pepper in this and would definitely call it a "spicy" fragrance. Amber and vetiver give it a smoky, evening feel but I don't actually smell smoke. So yes, prominent raspberry but well tamed. A fruity evening scent for women 21 - 35.

Jeongwonlee12
Jeongwonlee12

i smell a lot of cigar and spice. i usually mix this with the edt version, because its too smoky and sexy for everyday use and the edt is cloyingly sweet to my taste.

maźka1984
maźka1984

Hot Couture is a composition very feminine and graceful. Floral smell - fruity but with incredible depth. I do not consider myself a person hit or specifically "brave" as for me, the scent is romantic and subtle. Raspberries and pepper may be hot, but the wood and amber notes effectively mitigate this "peppery". The smell is not too sugary somehow, I do not feel absolutely plastered ton of sugar and this is good for me
Perfect for the winter, but can be stubborn to wear it in every season. I just Love this perfume !!!

lisa.b.radovanovic
lisa.b.radovanovic

Love this... starts out sweet, then turns to a spicy smoky scent on me. Very nice!!!!

goingblonde
goingblonde

Starts out sweet, then 20-30 minutes later becomes spicy.I get a lot of pepper and Amber.
Sexy, soft and feminine all in one!

Not something I will wear a lot but enjoy from time to time .

Greicealix
Greicealix

Wonderful. Sexy, Clean, Classy, feminine. Smells expensive, chic. Love it.

Dragonflys
Dragonflys

I absolutely love this and the Men do too. I have had more Men ask me what I was wearing than woman. I am complimented every time I wear it. Love Love Love this !
I remember being at the Man store and my husband asking a question and in the middle of the answer. This gentlemen says to my husband sorry but I need to know what perfume you are wearing it is awesome he said. I have men in their 20s, 30s, and 40s ask me what I am wearing !

aworleo
aworleo

I love it!It smells absolutely wonderful. The dry down is warm and elegant.It's definately a perfect addition to my collection.

lassie172

i have bought it and sprayed on my skin. WOOOOOW it smells so amaizing, that i couldn't imagine.. i want to eat my arm now. FANTASTIC

cherie97
cherie97

this smells amazing!
at first it was all about pepper but then a dusty, delicious raspberry came up and i was enchanted!

i am not a raspberry fan, and usually i don't even like fruit scents. i go for fruity-florals most of the time, while florals are more what i look for.

i wrote a review not so long ago on Hot Couture EDT and i thought it was amazing, yummy raspberry, but it didn't suite me perfectly - it was too bright, too cheerful.
still i was going to perfumeries asking if they have EDT and they only did have EDP - why not give it a try?

Hot Couture EDP is elegant, misterious and sexy.
it's not an obvious scent. it's got perfect blending and I just love that it has one thing that i was looking for in a long time:
it develops on skin beautifuly, and i truly like the drydown better than the opening!
i would describe it as a deep, sweet-sour scent with a hint of dirty raspberry.
It stayed with me a long long hours, and after a night and a day i can still feel it on my wrist - or maybe i'm just imaginating, because of how much i love it!

it has to be mine SOON!!

Tajo
Tajo

I got a sample of this perfume today and wow! It was just love at first smell.. Hot Couture oozes sophistication and elegance!
I swear I can still smell it on my skin even after a shower!!!
I'm definitely getting the 100 ml bottle tomorrow.. A bit expensive but definitely worth every cent!!!!

Aysu
Aysu

This might be the first fragrance that started berry trend 12 years ago, I am sure Mr.Morillas and Mr.Cavallier did not know what they are causing :-)
It is of course not one of the todays berry bomb fruit salads.
It is very sophisticated, berries mixed with spices and woody tones. I prefer EDT version of this as I find spices and pepper notes of EDP a bit chocking and too much.
If you enjoy Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose or Jeanne Lanvin Couture, then you should try this one, for me it beats them all.

lakkiirfan
lakkiirfan

VERY SEXY AS WELL ELEGANT

perfumequeen23
perfumequeen23

Love this perfume, very heavy so you only have to spray once or twice to last on your skin and clothes all day, defo worth buying. I will always have a bottle of this. Best wear for evening IMO

lassie172

sexy dirty and a bit old fashioned..

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

One of the ways that Hot Couture differs from some of the Givenchy classics, such as Amarige, Ysatis and Organza, is that it is comparatively simpler in composition. The sheer number of notes in Organza and Amarige: over 25 listed for Amarige, almost 30 for Ysatis, and 16 for Organza (I suspect there are more notes that are unlisted), compared to Hot Couture, with less than ten. This means that individual notes tend to pop out more often and more prominently, and also that there is a more noticeable evolution through the top, heart and base notes.

Hot Couture opens fruity and sassy, sweet with a raspberry that is more prominent than the citrus notes of orange and bergamot. The magnolia, on me, appears fairly early, as does the pepper. Peppery notes pop out at you on and off, lending a spicy feel, and also adding to the general sense of dryness. It has a youthful feel, zesty, sweet, sexy, and playful. As the vetiver comes out to play with the pepper, something magical happens that really sets this fragrance apart, giving it a sultry smokiness. And we haven’t even gotten to the dry down!

It is sweet, warm, and woody from the heart through the dry down. There is a bit of a dark leather note that appears at one point. The dry down is heavenly, combining sandalwood, vetiver, amber and musk. It is not musky at all, and the magnolia deepens, creating a very dry, smooth, sexy, sweetness, with a kind of clarity to the vetiver, more green than earthy or rooty. YUM!

I love this perfume.

Shimone
Shimone

I love the fact that I put this on last night to go to a party. Here it is 1:30 the next day and I can still smell Hot Couture on my skin! IMO I find it very sexy and when I wear it I always think about a review made here....HC smells like raspberry and Blk and Milds which is the perfect description of the fragrance.

RGR
RGR

Every time I have worn this I just feel like I am a coquettish girl. I feel like I am wrapped in a pink powder cloud. I am surprised here because I usually feel as if a perfume containing berry notes usually smells like a body mist making it so casual and child-like.

In this case I get raspberries in the beginning and then they slowly introduce other notes. Grown up and flowery notes. Then the pepper, amber and musk show up giving a more spicy feel to it. It gives it a smoked or veiled feel. I love that.

Its as if this scent attaches itself to your skin and develops a dreamy persona.
The woman wearing this is girly, powdery and a whimsical coquette.
Men, women and children love this.

Rizaldo

Very similar SERPENTINE_Roberto Cavalli , but SERPeNTINE is the best.

arxsyn
arxsyn

Hot couture is a sweet raspberry smoke bomb!!! My gosh, the house Givenchy loves its berries.

Honestly the smoking effect from the pepper vetiver combo is very cool. You get to smell something being burnt, without any of the nasty carbon as in real life. But it can't be just pepper, there must be other spices involved. Perhaps cardamom or something else.

As smoke dials down a bit there is a little peek of woods and amber. Smoking effect still present giving an Almost caramelized tone. And just a touch of soft musk. There is also something dewy or aqueous about the eau I'm guessing it's the vetiver when the spices are gone.

Flamboyant and provocative, bordering on trashy.

For a more refined but still flirty take, try le petite robe noire by guerlain

Kysyona
Kysyona

I am in love with this scent and I just wish I had another lifetime just to wear this! I am buying the biggest bottle available in the nearest future! Smokey, slightly dusty peppery raspberry with a vanilla base, that doesn't lull you into an olfactory coma, but rather keeps your nostrils open in anticipqation of the next whiff you might catch! I so love the pepper here: with anything else but raspberry it would have been suffocationg and blah, but they make such a beautiful marriage in this bottle! Frankly, I am amaze, that this perfume is relatively young, because to me it just screams decadence (and I am a big fan of all things D !:)) , and this is what the 20s would have smelled like in my imagination: deep red liquor and smoke floating around dusty parlours, gentlemen in suits and hats ladies in beaded tassel dresses... I am exactly in this kind of mood these days and I simply cannot wait to dab a little of HOT COUTURE and immediately emerge feeling like a real old glamour cabaret diva!:)

b@by
b@by

I wish I could pick up the pepper... I LOVE pepper... but all I'm getting is straight up berries, of which I'm not that fond. Therefore, my advice would be to save yourself a lot of money, and get Midnight Fantasy by Britney. On me it's just about the same. Lasts longer too, and men seem to go gaga over it. I'll stick to my non-sour fragrances...

EDIT: Wow. 6 hours later it finally gives up some pepper, and it's starting to smell nice... but seriously, like I'm gonna wait that long ordinarily! LOL

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Yuck, this is NASTY. It smells like super musky and smoky berries. Not a fan at all. And the bottle is too plain for such an expensive fragrance.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

Hmmm . . . . After pondering over this for 2 years, I finally went for the 100ml EDT blind-buy based on the cult-like reviews and the Michael Edwards Fragrance Finder that consistently recommended this when i put in several of my current favs in their "If you like that they try this" . . . . I love berry notes and my skin tends to radiate, or is dominated by, spices and earthy notes (often to my chagrin), so much so that they won't let other notes come through. It appears that this is my destiny with Hot Couture. I don't get ANY berries from this beyond the first 5 minutes, yet something oddly and vaguely sweet lingers in the background. But the combination of the pepper and vetiver drew a definative line in the sand and that is that. It appears that I'm alone in my lack of love for this strange peppery, rooty concoction that is not very pleasing to my nose. I'll give it another go before deciding its fate in my collection or offering it up for swap. So sad.

perfumeluver
perfumeluver

Smells like raspberries and cigars to me lol, but I really like it.

misschic

I used to wear this in high school and quickly got sick of it. Before I got sick of it I loved it though!

Goodfortune5758
Goodfortune5758

I really like the fragrance. I wish the top notes could last longer.

Platinum_girly
Platinum_girly

THIS is the way to do an amber base- a hint of the scent without being too much and overpowering. I love the drydown of this fragrance- sweet without being sickly, with a lovely floral trace that doesn't make you feel like you have been locked in a greenhouse.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Starts out with a juicy tangy raspberry then the pepper kicks in with the vetiver, which makes the fragrance dangerously smoky and sexy. I'll tell you exactly what this smells like: It smells like you've cuddled up with a high class gentleman who smokes and wears heavy masculine spice perfume that then mingles with your girly and fruity body splash, making the scent go from innocent to alluring.

This is fruity like the EDT but not the same. Both have sweet raspberries as the main note, but this one has a much stronger musky note overall. If you prefer a softer musk like I do, go with the EDT.

sanstep
sanstep

Best longevity ever. Love it !

Laceymacpherson
Laceymacpherson

This is a woman,who knows and is confidant. Work,date night whatever. This says " I am a woman." raspberry,mixed with a slightly mossy woodsy Sexy as hell

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A quite balanced mid-mature frag which is mostly floral with some candy...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-2.5 hours - 1.25 foot projection. Strong frag which is quite classy - it's 70% floral and 30% candy. It is common place and not unique, a little bit sexy but not as the name implies - IMHO Ages 48-59

2.5 hours - 3 .5 hours - 10 inch projection. Pepper now on the skin

3.5 -5 hours - Projection plummits to 2.5 inches.

5- 8 hours - Close to the skin. The scent does not degrage into soapiness or smokiness and stays quite well made

This is a safe bet but nothing special IMHO

danaeelizabeth
danaeelizabeth

I use both this and Midnight Rose on a regular basis. I can promise you they smell NOTHING alike. Hot Couture is Sweet and yes HOT...in a very odd but WONDERFUL way not spicy tho...and I'm not really sure this HOT aspect of it can really come across on a paper strip? I'm kinda thinking you have to wear it to know exactly what I mean?? Midnight Rose is also sweet but in a calm grown up way...the very first time I wore it I thought of Grape Bubble Yum (the grown up version of Grape Bubble Yum??)!! Yes they are both sweet but one is so bad girl naughty and the other is very sweet girl next door if they are compared!

Cams
Cams

Men go nuts for this! Every single time I wear it a guy remarks on my amazing perfume! This is so well named - sultry, smoky raspberry perfection.

Sweet and spicy fragrance!

Most of all I feel the raspberry, pepper and amber notes in it. The raspberry note smells natural enough, especially mixed with the pepper note. The amber base makes this fragrance sweet and warm.

Actually, not my cup of tea, but I rather like this fragrance than don't.

Amberrose
Amberrose

This is a very sexy sweet spiced scent! It has a girly and fun vibe from the rasberry but the spice and other notes combine perfectly to give this parfum a grown up sexy elegant feel. I think of someone like Jayne Mansfield,or a showgirl in pink feathers wearing this!

CozyCat

Alot of the time, raspberry notes in perfume tend to give off a sweet, girly, playful vibe. The raspberries here are more than that. What you get is an ultra-feminine potion that's seductive and flirtatious yet still manages to maintain a semblance of grown-up sophistication...much like the phrase: 'A lady in streets, a freak in the bed'. Its formula is pretty simple; Hot Couture is a sweet raspberry, I see her powdered in spice and wearing a sexy slip made of dried flower petals as she reclines on a bed of woods and musk. I get some smokiness underneath the pepper and raspberries, presumably the vetiver. Admittedly, it is not a favorite of mine, but it is surprisingly versatile, I could wear it day or night and in most seasons. Highly recommended for the more feminine ladies out there, especially when in the mood for seduction. Very good longevity and lovely sillage. This is the EDP I'm reviewing.

incandescent
incandescent

Personality: Feminine, provocative, romantic, cool, sophisticated.

Age: 22-35

Scent: Sweet raspberries spiced with pepper on a dry and earthy base of smoky vetiver.

When/Where: Best for night-time in any season...but can be easily worn during the day as well, it's not too heavy. Can be worn in any season except warm summer days. Best for romance/dating, semi-formal occasions, dinners and parties, but also can be worn to the office as it's not too heavy.

Sillage/Longevity: Medium Sillage (depends how much you spray on), Longevity is very good (8-9 hours).

JUST FOR FUN: Virgo and Capricorn women would be very well suited for this scent, especially when playing the 'love-game'. Yes they tend to be very practical characters, and the dry quality of this scent captures that aspect of who they are, it is for those whose hearts never rule over their heads, romance is something mental for them. There is that powerful yet quiet allure to them, a cool, sensible and calm exterior, with an undertone of raw feminine sensuality and come-hither glances every now and then that makes them ultra-desirable to the opposite sex.

Sillo
Sillo

A very sexy perfume, but if one goes overboard, it is an intensely cloying perfume. Just two sprays, maximum, is all you need. Men love it, and is absolutely the best perfume to seduce..... lets just say my husband only lets me wear it at home!!! Definitely not for the shy types. Stick to something soft and simple if you don't want some attention from the opposite sex!

Swahili
Swahili

عطر روعة ويجنن وفواح بشكل رهيب
اشتريته لزوجتي قبل اسبوعين وندمت اللي ما اشتريته من زمان
عطر مميز وهادئ ورومنسي للغاية

Nostrille
Nostrille

This scent has haunted me, literally. It must be the the berrys and musk. I searched for this smell for 3 years, asking people who smelled of it what they were wearing. I found it and promptly bought some for my wife. -bangbang
Hot coture is unnerving, a terribly seductive tease. It smells like musk clothed in berry, and she's letting her dress slip off her shoulder on purpose.
Also, pepper, jalepenio almost.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This one is a slightly strange one for me and a massive morpher.

It starts out toothachingly sweet and fruity. I thought to myself..nothing special here. It could easily be something I've smelled before. PASS...

But an hour into wearing it changes and the pepper gives it an almost rubber tyre vibe, when I smell it up close it really smells like rubber and flowers and sweet fruit. Now..I don't know if that just means it's going wonky on my skin but that's what it smells like.
What's even more weird is it smells different on each wrist which is confusing. The right wrist is sweeter than the left and the left is more rubbery and sharp.

This perfume obviously doesn't know what to do with me and I sure as hell can't handle it so....I'm gonna pass on this one. We're not getting along.

Jellybean
Jellybean

I was looking for a strong dominant raspberry note and this find came along....well, yes there's syrupy sorbet juicy raspberry combined with strong smoky note. There has to be incense in here. Sure, pepper and amber may add to the suspense. I like it but will attempt to get a sample first to see how it develops on my skin (since reading many reviewers find smokiness overpowering), I don't want that wonderful raspberry to be overshadowed. Also, it's pricey, gotta be sure about this buy.
will get back to this.....

katerina.katka770
katerina.katka770

I had this perfume 10 years ago and I had a big size of the botle of this. I work with a lots of people around me and I remember I had received so much compliments at that time and made me feel very good. And now, after so many years I'm thinking repurchasing it again because I have so great memories with this perfume...
It's sweet and I'm not usually picking sweet strong scents, but this one suits me very well and makes me feel really good.

misschic

I fell in love with this because of the delicious smell when I was about 17. I went through the bottle but the sweet smell got to me eventually and now, even a decade later, I am not able to wear it again.

Peachply
Peachply

I bought this blind on a flight to Poland! I'm not sure what possessed me other then intruige. It was a huge success. So womanly and romantic, very rich floral. I always receive compliments when I have this on. Not that anyone else has to like it, just saying mostly people notice and enjoy the scent.
I did find the name embarassing though; "what perfume are you wearing?"..."Hot Couture".

xabaras
xabaras

I smell berries in the opening but dry if possible, not nauseatingly sweet as it often happens with berries. Then spices, dry again and refreshing, I guess it's the pepper taking over, and in the end all the sharp and dry notes in this very interesting fragrance become harmonic and velvety in a well balanced hug of vanilla and amber. It's been in my collection for a long time but somehow I am noticing it only now. Mysteries of the mind! Could it be because it is a perfect Spring day, not too cold and not too warm? It's a lovely fragrance, not inoffensive, but also not so detectable that if you wear it in the proximity of others you'd give them a headache.

Nanc
Nanc

I have the EDP and it is the most elegant mix of sweetness with a lovely touch of spice and a woody undertone that brings it all together. Simply lovely!

Nik604
Nik604

For me is the most beautiful smell from women's fragrances - with this hot, highly obsessive smell of fresh raspbberies is extreme sexy and intrusive late in the evening and if it's on the "right" woman can be realy dangerous... -)) A killer!

Sarah-2012
Sarah-2012

عطري المفضل لمده خمس سنوات

PLUMPIE

A friend from my past - a modern juice at the time in a gorgeous art-deco bottle, a sweet yet mysterious smell on some smoky and dark in a subdued way on others. I had a friend who wore this and it was a like a sweet raspberry liquor - on me there was no sweetness just a powdery magnolia smell and a trail of tobacco tinged incense. I can still smell this one sometimes it brings back many memories good and bad from that time of my life. They discontinued this for a while but then it was re-released but smelled slighty off. Perfumes being released these days should smell more like this - a perfect example of how sweet can smelly sexy and womanly and not like a fruity tacky cheap cocktail.

aelias
aelias

I rarely go for the floral fruity fragrances, but Hot Couture just had the right amount of sweetness and spice to make for a perfect alternative to my mostly vanilla-based scents. Most scents with this combination are rose-based, and I'm just not that into rose...it dominates everything else. I'm surprised so many are not that impressed.

LetsGo
LetsGo

Sparkling strawberry champagne!That's what it is. Delicately sweet and inoffensively spicy in a very elegant way. I loooove it!!! It makes me feel gorgeous!
And it's so different...I don't think I've ever smelled something like this before.
People around me like it as well. I wear it in the office. Hot couture is not a night parfum for me.Yes, it is sexy, but not deep and dark enough to be called a night parfum.
The only let down is that on me it doesn't last :-( It just sinks into my skin. I have to reapply it every hour, but I don't mind. This parfum really makes my day :-)

hegvie
hegvie

This fragrance is very sexy in a playful way. I think the complexity of the scents keeps it from becoming too overt. I have the eau de toilette version which I've heard is a little lighter and less smokey than the parfum. The balance of sweet raspberry and smokey amber/vetiver is perfect for the type of woman who is elegant and alluring, but doesn't take herself too seriously either. I feel like it's the fragrance equivalent of winking at a man from across the room!

Elen70
Elen70

It's so lovely and sexy, I love it forever. A beautiful fragance with lot of raspberry and pepper.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I like it aot. I love raspberries do much the secret is to not wear to much. Two squirts....this scent is in my mind. I am really sweet on it. I seem to get more people talking to me when I wear this especially men 40 plus...which I'm in my 30s so I'm ok with that. Lol! It's not for everyone but I feel so sultry when I wear this. I am going to purchase this one. The rollerballs do not last long. This is best for Mr in EDT

Pierina
Pierina

I purchased this based on reviews here.
When I went and tested it in the shop I didnt like it but thought oh well... after a few minutes though I actually thought this isnt too bad afterall.
So it arrived and I wore it yeserday.
I wore it during surgery in a 2 hour hot operation. (I was concentrating and sweating a bit) it deffinatly went well.
The notes which stand out on and to me are the raspberry, middle of pepper with a tinge of vetiver and the musky base with the woody tinge of sandalwood...
It lasts on my skin while I am warm but I noticed when I was in the shop in aircon it seemed to dissapate so it goes better on moisturised warm skin.
It is a pretty fragrance but the spicy and woody Characteristics bring it to a more sexy mature frag than a girly fruit cocktail.
also it does have a somewhat powdery note to it whick is ok.

rosembloom
rosembloom

Th raspeberry stands out on my skin... Just got a tester: shall review xxx good day!

just perfekt !!!love soooo much

gabrielamisa
gabrielamisa

Hot Couture is realy hot. I've just received it and I can't stop sniffing myself. i'm in love with it!

beatrix75

my husband smelled the parfume yesterday and told mi that in Christmas"it is posible"that will be under the tree!!!!It s a strong ,sweet scent,but not unbearable sweet ,spice,luxury,incredible feminine smell,andthe flowers as combine with the fruit is very extravagant!longevity 10

Scubanikki
Scubanikki

LOVE THIS SCENT! ALWAYS GET REMARKS ON IT! DRIVES MEN CRAZY!!

krmarich
krmarich

This is where I felt Givenchy was loosing touch with the goddesses. The raspberry was overwhelming and lacked the depth of previous ventures. I like the white pepper but it was far too easy to rank with the classics.

It was marketed at a younger market that would eventually implode the industry. Hot Couture? More like a chilly clearance sale...

kassinator
kassinator

Bright juicy raspberry, fiery pepper, and light sandalwood base. Sweet without suffocating. This is a product I would normally stay far far away from. Something about the name and the bottle just look like a package I wouldn't like. But for some reason I do. I wear this when I want to smell happy. It is a cheerful raspberry scent that brightens my day. I definitely wouldn't pick this up for a memorable event, but this is something I think I will always keep around.

salamandra14
salamandra14

Some people very sexy talk aboud this fragans. When I have oportunity to fell I was in shock. Not have compare. Its unique. Femeny, misterious, dark, hot, spicy, a perfume of vampire. I full in love for this.For ever.

suha
suha

Nothing about this perfume says "floral" to me. It's warm, woody, sweet, and peppery. Floral, not at all. I love it!

Orielle
Orielle

"Hot Couture" by Givenchy is a perfume which took me quite a long time to fully appreciate. I tried it initially and thought it was rather "bleh" so it stayed in the box tucked away in a cupboard.
Well! How wrong could I have been?? Turns out it has been exactly what I've been looking for all this time. The perfect mix of sweet n spice and all things nice. This is definitely not a sickly sweet candy scent. A blast of smoky peppery raspberry which dries down to one of the most sensual and sophisticated perfumes I've ever smelled. Oh and I've noticed more than a few heads turning when I wear this, aswell as countless compliments.
I call it my "weapon of mass seduction" ;-)

moonflower143
moonflower143

I love this scent...on my skin it smells delicious, sweet but not sickly sweet and sexy as well...and it lasts long too...and when sprayed on clothes the smell is still there even for a couple of days..

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

is it possible that the edt is stronger than this one???

id
id

I feel a bit old or too slow for this scent. Even I think it is interesting enough. And pink color is misleading for sure :)
sweet (raspberry, perfectly balanced here)pepper and vetiver. I like it but still don't know if I could wear it often. I feel leather note (love it in fragrances) which makes this perfume smell sexy.

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Couldn't help but grin when I sprayed this on. After a tingly opening of sweet-sour pepper, the juice quickly dries down to pure raspberry sorbet and wood smoke. Fun, flirty, and delightfully girly. Not a serious bone in its body.

Perfect for a night out with the hen pack, where the imbibing of colorful alcoholic beverages (complete with tiny umbrellas and/or citrus peel garnish) is likely to occur.

primadonna35
primadonna35

This perfume is delicious and very sexy,i love it.

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

i used this fragrance all last summer long :) and i have to agree IT IS a SEDUCTION WEAPON even women asking what i was wearing!!! the only thing i was thinking how come its in the floral section 'cause on me i really smell sweet sexy!! seduce!! mouthery !!! delicious but not alot of flower scent ... still!! IN LOVE WITH THIS ONE BUT is there anyone notices that the Eau de Parfums doesn't seems to smell like Eau de Toilettte
super well done one of my favorite ...
GIRLY!! SEXY!!! LOVELY
WHEN YOU WEAR SOMETHING THIS DELICIOUS NO NEED TO WEAR ANYTHING COMPLICATE ON YOUR BODY :) to leave you desirable :)

lupereira
lupereira

This scent is a bomb. Must be used with caution and weighting. If used in a moderate way, is a weapon of seduction. Smell that emanates power and sensuality. Floral dry, unromantic. Manipulator. Female. Leads to night and "glamour". A villain perfume, but sexy, very sexy ...

andrea.roman
andrea.roman

one of my favourite for lifetime

MMC
MMC

Esse é um perfume até bom,mas tem uma coisa muito exagerada e forte demais que acaba tornando ele chato,prefiro o ARMANI MANIA que até parece com esse porém bem mais suave..

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

brrr I didn't like this. I expected a lot because I've heard great things and read great reviews about this one. The notes are great too but when I smelled it my first reaction was: 'oh no'. I don't know what it is, but it's not my style. It's not a bad perfume or it doesn't 'stink' but it's not for me.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Hot Couture by Givenchy is my fourth favourite fragrance, and without the raspberries I'd toss it in the trash.

I am a huge fan of raspberries, and I really loved Hot Couture. Really nice, elegant, not too foody, but spicy, tangy and elegant. Not tart or sour, but really raspberry like, and as I am a huge raspberry fan, this stuff really works for me, its my favourite out of the Givenchy line.

Really nice and elaborate.

brc123
brc123

I loved this perfume in the bottle and in the store, but I got home and wore it for a while throughout the days i was wearing it the smell changed with my skin I guess.. The scent was way too strong for me it actually made me feel a bit sick. I advise before buying get a tester and see how you like it after wearing it because the smell changed well on my skin at least.

preciousgemcrystal
preciousgemcrystal

Out of any perfume I've ever owned, I can always rely on this one being my favorite pick. I consider this one my signature scent and despite trying out other new scents, I have yet to find one that brings me satisfaction the way this one does. This one is at the top of my favorite list.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Wow, this was quite foody to me! A ton of raspberry, with a soft vetiver base and magnolia and musk present throughout. There is a bit of orange in the opening, but the raspberry overtakes it quickly. I kinda like it, it's like a less sweet Juicy Couture or Miss Dior Cherie kind of fragrance. That fruity-foody feel. I don't think it's necessarily for teens but more for someone who feels young.

carolallred
carolallred

The EDT and the EDP are so, so different. If you don't like the cigarette/ashtray note, then by all means try the EDT. Much fresher, more raspberry, no ashtray. Still lots of vetiver and magnolia, and lasts a long time. You'll reap compliments, I promise.

katiebisme
katiebisme

I really like this one, but I kept thinking "where have I smelled this before?" It finally came to me tonight...on me this smells like Johnson's Baby Lotion!

maryamkh
maryamkh

guys does anybody know when its production stops? i have it and i dont know what should i do when they stop producing it. im in love with this perfume

magda14012
magda14012

I heard it`s been discontinued and was really happy to get my hands on 50ml EDP on my recent trip to Mallorca:). It smells like fresh raspberries on my skin. The raspberries and pepper notes appear first. They are mouthwatering... For raspberries fans a must try.

I absolutely love it and got loads of compliments when wearing it.The scent lasts over 9hours on me.

anna.023
anna.023

Actually I didnt apply it to my skin so I dont know if my opinion is of any worth. Anyway it smelled so extreamly harsh, sharp and smokey that I didnt want to let it anywhere near my skin. So smokey! Didnt like at all! Expected something differant.

servana
servana

In the bottle it smells like sweet, smoky raspberries.. However once I spray it onto my skin it smells like fly spray (sorry)! Then upon the dry down it smells like raspberry, sandalwood & vetiver. Much better than the initial spray, but it's still just not my taste. As for longevity & sillage, the sillage is minimal but the longevity is good. Washed my hands three times & I can still smell it.

KasKas
KasKas

I used to like this scent, it's sweet and feminine. But now gives me headaches everytime I try to wear it....

boruvka44
boruvka44

A little bit bitter smoky sweet artificial raspberry.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

this perfume contains a strong note of tobacco and it bothers me. it overshadows the other notes to the point i feel i'm in a cigarettes factory. i dislike that.

PerfumeFanatic2874
PerfumeFanatic2874

I suppose this is the new version of hot couture.. i had the older version of hot couture, i was in love with it, smell was very alluring and sexy. but she is no more, because it fell on the bathroom floor and broke. :(

midnightsun
midnightsun

AMAZINNNNNNG ! i've never thought that i'll love the rasberry smelll that much ! the dry down is sweet,powdery vanilla .sweet in a classy way.suitable for night. good for both summer & winter ! LOVE IT

hubava
hubava

Sexyyyyyy parfum my new fav for summer

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

Love this fragrance.... I used my first bottle up and need to go back and get more for summer. I know perfume wears differently on everyone, for me this one last all day and has a somewhat cotton candy type smell on me. It is a every sexy, flirty scent. I always received compliments when wearing it.

Mandana
Mandana

Loved the opening notes of this perfume! Awesome! The raspberries mingling perfectly with the pepper, it worked well on my skin and I then bought it. But it hardly lasted any time at all, which was a drawback as I had to keep reapplying. When the perfume had settled, I was still aware of a pleasant faintly fruity/peppery note but something else had started to creep in to kill off those lovely sharp sweet notes and that something was the distint scent of amber and musk which I did not like at all. Amber does not suit my skin and I started to dislike Hot Couture. A pity as it is a great fragrance, unusual and spicy, but not long-lasting. But in my opinion, many Givenchy perfumes aren't long-lasting, hardly any sillage. Perhaps it is my body chemistry, but they start off great, then fade out and die, so maybe improving the longelivity is something the perfumeurs at Givenchy should think about? And putting in less amber LOL

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

wow, so many negatives! I really like this one, and after smelling the wildly overpriced L'Artisan Mure et Musc, my money's with Hot Couture as a fun, flirty, fruity raspberry and cream scent for the summer and beyond. Beats Escada, too.

MsRachael
MsRachael

Surprisingly peppery, which is an interesting twist. I thought the raspberry would be more apparent, but the orange and bergamot upstage it on my skin, at least initially. I love this for the first hour and a half, a mixture of sweet and pleasantly tart. After that, however, something in the composition changes, and the dry down goes a bit sour on me. Curious.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This is very fruity and all about the raspberries. If you like raspberries, you will love this.

treenhe
treenhe

i was given this by my sister today who, not liking it, was using it as air freshener! i knew nothing about it and not really liking anything from givenchy before, hadn't thought about trying it. i was really pleasantly surprised. initially it made me think of 'love heart' sweets and it almost actually fizzed up my nose like those sherberts we ate in childhood :) i guess it was the raspberry that reminded me of sweets so much. it stayed that scent pretty much all the way through. and i was pleased it did. i never would have thought a perfume as sweet and childlike would have been so endearing to me. and it's lasted all day. then i came onto this site to write my review and i saw the 2 magic words....alberto morillas. he and i must stop meeting like this, people will talk! *giggle

kaltha
kaltha

Hot Couture starts with such bite that I wrote it off, and then, half an hour later, when I sniffed my wrist, it had a lovely pinkpeppery note that I couldn't resist. The note is quiet but sparkly. It reminded me of Elle Intense which is a favourite of mine. It just shows that it's best not to rush into judgements with a new scent. The drydown can surprise you! And I like to get new perfumes that progress from what I already like, so Hot Couture is a great discovery.

isabella211
isabella211

may be my most favorite fragrance i've ever smelled. it is down right gorgeous, especially the edp. i the edt as well, and although just as beautiful, it's lacking the elegant quality of it deeper, longer lasting counterpart. i always say that if, for some horrible, unthinkable reason, i could only have one for the rest of my life...well this may be it...maybe. the raspberry in this is unlike any other out there. beautiful and warm. honestly, try it for your self... man.magnet.

Liu83
Liu83

My signature scent and all time favourite, lasting power is really good too :)

smellmenow
smellmenow

It was love at first sight...

Someone said this was a scent with chocolate I should try. I have to say I can't trace any chocolate in it and it's not in the notes either obviously. So I was a bit disappointed. For me it was a rather ordinary bright female floral scent with nothing special to point out. I would find it nauseous around me too, as some people wrote here.

Louw
Louw

Bright and feminine, with a playful feel to it. Hot Couture has a strong raspberry note tempered by peppery undertones. It's sweet but there's enough citrus to stop it becoming syruppy. The base is quite woody, but there's a definite hint of chocolate somewhere in there too! Quite distinctive.

sous-la-douce
sous-la-douce

Hot Couture is my favorite perfume right now,especially when it warms up,the notes flows around me and i cant stop sniffing my surrounding air!!Honestly i didn't like it at first,maybe coz my husband,when was in USA,brought me this perfume in winter,i tested it,the notes stayed immobile on me:sweeeet raspberry and a little violet.that's it!!all the time!!i thought maybe it will work on me in hot weather,so i retried it at summer and i was amazed by all these notes:where were they b4??a sweet raspberry(praline like)mixed with smoke of heavenly fumes!!i donno how 2 describe this but i really enjoyed every step of this perfume,and i wished,every time i take a deep breath,that i always find the joy it brought me from the first sniff,and never it disappointed me!!long lasting and great sillage:GREAT PERFUME!!

mandashell
mandashell

Hot Couture is such a fun, flirty and sexy wooded scent with a sweet and oh-so-sassy raspberry tang.It really is a more youthful and cheeky Elle before she got all sophisticated. ;) Anyway, there are so many fragrances that attempt to work a raspberry note but they just don't do it for me and I find myself always coming back to Hot Couture. This is a scent I loved at first sniff almost 10yrs ago but that I've recently acquired and it is enjoyed just as much now as it was then. The woods give off a very smoky vibe upon first application but once everything settles you get a minutely creamy, wonderfully woody and warm berried scent. Unfortunately, the formula(Edp) has been tweaked because it was much stronger and a bit sweeter back then without the woods being so pronounced. Also, the current formula(Edp) isn't as lasting because I only get about 4hrs on my skin with moderate sillage whereas the one from long ago was so strong and lasting that it didn't come off until YOU washed it off entirely. Still, if you want a sweeter scent that is youthful without being juvenile then you may really like it. Do test before buying cause it's pricey and not for everyone but for those it does work for..WATCH OUT!o.O At the bar, club, office, mall, pet store...etc. LOL! This one is bound to draw some attention.

Natalie467
Natalie467

I had forgotten what a gem this is! Ages ago, I purchased some perfume (Gucci Rush if I remember correctly) and got a sample of this. At the time I liked it, acquired several more samples, wore it for a spell, put them away & got involved with other scents. Pulled this out today because it's warming up outside and felt like wearing something different.

An unusual scent, Hot Couture for me as starts off very tart from the raspberries, they're more like unripe with a touch of citrus notes. Bit later it intensifies into a sweeter (the berries must ripen while wearing this) smoky, peppery scent, not too peppery and not too sweet, not candy sweet, more like sophisticated sweet. It's sultry and sexy. If I sniff it to search for the magnolia, I do smell it, otherwise it would go unnoticed. The middle notes dry down gentler-but never go away-and meld with a touch of amber, musk and sandalwood.

Unfortunately this does not last very long on me, and I'm using an EDP! Lasts longer on clothes than skin.

nannaje
nannaje

This is one of the most feminine fragrances out there. I hope I will wear this when I become a mother, so my children can have this beautiful scent surrounding them. It is gorgeous - I think this is one of the most well-functioning raspberry openings.

bathsheba
bathsheba

Smells to me like those boiled fruit sweets I liked as a kid, and there not much of it! It's delicate and very close and minimal and if that's what you like, well and good. Probably you should guess from the plain bottle and the light pink colour that there is a very "thin" fragrance. Inoffensive sexless and elegant. Its strictly day-wear. I would go up to Miss Dior Cherie or Coco Mademoiselle, for a bit of character and sexiness in a pinky type perfume. This pinky is way way too low-key for me.

Kiku
Kiku

I saw this on a department store counter and was attracted to the bottle's shape and the delicate pink color. I so wanted to like Hot Couture but the first squirt was such a disappointment: a blast of strawberries(a scent I hate!)and tobacco and wood ash that sent me reeling. I went home with a blazing migraine. It does live up to the "Hot" part, this is the most intense fragrance I've ever smelled.

Sissi
Sissi

I'v heard so much good reviews about H.C so when i finally got my sample and was disappointed expected
something more juicier and with more projection but instead it's has a synthetic Strawberry Jam scent
with a plastic drydown I don't see any sex appeal
nor artistry I notice tuberose when it mixed with
Magnolia it's a recipe for nausea Not even the etchings
of a black pepper drydown can save this I tried to like this sorry to the fans of Hot Couture but it's not for
me.

perfume rocks
perfume rocks

Can anyone tell me the real difference in the EDP and the EDT version, i want to buy this and i want to make sure i get the right one, im usualy a fruity/floral girl and i want to add a deeper scent to my collection but not to deep closer to the fruity/floral side, thanks!!!

ChickyC
ChickyC

Well.. I tested the EDP version of Hot Couture in-store last week and so glad I did.

The raspberry is quite sharp in the top notes, in a nice refreshing way. The balance of marigold and vetiver in the middle is just perfect for me...not too masculine or too flowery and the base is sultry, sexy and perfect.

The sillage and longevity is amazing...I can smell it clearly the next day.

As for men liking this perfume - this is the FIRST time I have EVER tested a perfume (and I test a lot :) ), come home, and my husband instantly opened his wallet and sent me back to town to buy a bottle. Says it all really!

sofiii
sofiii

Hot Couture, how I Wanted to love you!

I have tried Hot Couture several on paper stripes in the store, and finally sprayed on me, it was an instant love, the raspberry in a minty fashion with some weird but nice baby powder hint. However, the disaster starts when you are not that close to your wrist or the paper stripe. When I’m sniffing my wrist, it smell gorgeous, like the cooling minty baby powder with some fresh sweet citrusy scent and raspberry; when I just inhaling the scent when I was walking, it smells tart, really sweet, heavy (the physical feeling is as if you are inhaling incense smoke in a temple, but it doesn’t smell incense-y)and heady, somewhat reminds me a lot of Jean Paul Gaultier’s Classique, big silage, weird swirl of quasi-jasmine scent plus something really dark and syrup sweet.

Then it goes like: sniffing from your skin- minty baby powder, smell 20cm away from it, quasi-JPG Classique.
Later on, sniffing from skin, it’s peppery mint cooling powder, smell 20cm away from it, less potent JPG Classique plus some dried toothpaste smell. The final dry down is just like a washed off version of the above, nothing interesting and nothing hot or couture. The only feeling Hot Couture evokes is breathing in a stuffy room.

I’m not a fan of Hot Couture, and other perfumes with similar personalities like Jean Paul Gaultier Clissique and Thierry Mugler Alien. However, it could be my personal taste, so if you like the feel of JPG Classique or Alien, try this one too.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

From the bottle, it's slightly citric, tart raspberry and a minimalistic appearance of magnolia, hardly qualifying this as a floral fragrance.

Then the raspberry takes a down and dirty turn. I thought there was some super dry patchouli in this but I guess not--white pepper, but not sharp and fresh, a little stale maybe.

Vetiver is loud in this which gives it that ashy, rooty feel. I normally like vetiver but I think they could have turned the volume down a little in this composition. But perhaps this is what makes it so appealing to men.

A little soft sandalwood and musk with a touch of amber to almost-balance it. The dry down does have a little more feminine character. Overall though, a dry, woody-fruit-musk with maybe a hint of salt.

I can understand the appeal, but it's just not for me.

I feel a little clash going on. It makes me wonder whether my two favorite noses were in collision when they composed this together.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

Rich and glamorous. Quite sharp, but in a lovely way and is ok if weared on special occasions. Surely not an office scent. May cause headache.

oona noir
oona noir

I tried the edt and it was minty raspberry at the top, very refreshing. When it hit the middle, I got a lot of tobacco and smoke. I find it strange that the notes I am sensing most strongly- mint and tobacco- are not even listed as being in the fragrance! Very strange! But to my mind, this is a winner of a scent. It is both cool and refreshing and hot at the same time. If you like this, you might want to try Caron Aimez Moi, another scent that is built around mint and tobacco.

Edit: I wrote my review before I read everyone elses and I just have to agree with missk that there is indeed something similar to Chanel No 19, although heck if I know what it is. No 19 is the only perfume I carry in my purse, and after trying Hot Couture in the mall, when I got to my car I had to sniff No 19- there was some sort of connection there but I still can't figure out what it is. Perhaps it is a feeling rather than a note? They are both *very* bitchy perfumes that run hot and cold, and I say that as a compliment.

Edit 2: For the people who say that this reminds them of childhood- I agree. There is something in the drydown that reminds me of the dry ice that was used when I danced in The Nutcracker as a child... Icy smoke, indeed!

passionata20
passionata20

i used to like this when it came out, but then forgot about it. Then one day a lady passed me by and i smelled something so gorgeous, so i couldn´t resist to ask what perfume she was wearing? It was Hot couture! It striked me! I ran to the nearest perfumery and bought a bottle!
What i like about it, that it is not a loud perfume, but bit toned-down, still it is sweet and reminds me of a raspberry jam in a semolina porridge! This is the comparison i can´t get rid of!
i heard rumours that this might be discontinued so i am socjing this up for myself, as it always cheers me up during dark autumn-winter nights.
THIS REVIEW WAS ABOUT EAU DE PARFUM; NOT EAU DE TOILETTE!

I don't get the smoky note people are talking about. On me, the first spritz is like raspberry jam and gooey caramel. I like it after it dries down a bit and the caramel fades away into a sweet raspberry scent with just a touch of magnolia and pepper. Very unique fragrance, but not one I would purchase for my collection, unfortunately. However, I'd love to smell this on one of my friends! I also think the bottle is beautifully kitchy.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Smoky, sexy, and hot! Sexy fragrance that envelopes you like a cloud of smoke. There's no tabacco listed as one of the notes but this does very much indeed smell like smoke. Sexy smoke, if you will. :)

Sillage and lasting power is good. Definitely a night fragrance. Like this one a lot.

The_Entity
The_Entity

This is a pleasent fragrance. But nothing that really stands out for me. Just ok, inoffensive, dont think Id buy this again. It's nice, but I still say Ysatis was Givenchys best frag.

Amethyste
Amethyste

The thing is that I love raspberries, but this is just too smoky. I could handle that but, at least on my skin, it has even a metallic smell. My best dislike, anyway.

alicektn
alicektn

Such a beautiful scent on paper which I cannot wear on my skin! sniff... matches terribly with my chemistry, and the result is a rusty metallic raspberry! Maybe I should try the EDT. I will give it another chances for sure!

Merri
Merri

I have the Edt--I haven't smelled the Edp yet but I would love too. Anyway, this is delicious. Berries are pretty high on my list of favorite scents so I figured I'd like this because of the raspberry. The first time I tested it, it was sweet, ripe, juicy raspberry with a sprinkling of pepper (I like pepper too btw) and the raspberry stayed all the way through from first spray, middle with the pepper, and then in drydown; light raspberry musk. Loved it! The second time it reminded me a bit more of Fancy from Jessica Simpson at first, no raspberry at all this time until the very end. After a few hours I smelled raspberries and warm, creamy coffee (?? I don't know where I got the latte smell from?). Funny thing it was equally gorgeous the second time around even though it smelled so different; must have been that my chemistry that day was off? I loved it enough either way to buy it. So far I am getting the berry smell again and it is high on my list of favorite yummy perfumes! My husband and son love it too which is a plus. As a side note, the second time I tested this I must have put my jacket sleave down too soon, when it was still wet because for a week the inside of my jacket has a faint Hot Couture smell...very nice but obviously it transferred strongly to my clothes and wants to stay there, so it is loooong lasting on fabric. I am not complaining, my jacket smells lovely.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Hmmm, Hot Couture is a hard fragrance to get a handle on. I think it smells like a raspberry that's been drizzled in dark chocolate mint. I'm not sure why this is called Hot Couture, because there is some element involved here that is decidedly cold. The mintiness lends a certain chill to it. I feel lots of similarities to Guerlain My Insolence but Hot Couture definitely has a more tolerable level of powder in the drydown, which I like. Unlike some of the reviews here, I could actually smell the raspberry all the way through the fragrance's changing levels. My boyfriend's response to this was "You smell like a cupcake." Haha, but other than that, I do like this scent and will probably wear it again. It's unusual!

havanadaydream

@Sloshpot , YES YES YES , it is indescribable . I have to say I have smelled HUNDREDS of perfume and there is just no other to flood the senses like this beautiful , fluffy , creamy , heavenly , SEXY elixir. Alberto Morillas is a genius !!!!

Sloshpot
Sloshpot

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous stuff! so gorgeous in fact, that I invested in the 10ml pure parfum which was ABSOLUTE creamy, sexy, amaaazingness.. but I was unfortunate enough that it reacted badly with me and i came out in a horrible rash on my neck! LOL!!! i guess that was cos i have sensitive skin and the pureness of the parfum was too much for my skin so i flogged it on ebay for a prett6y penny and had to settle for the biggest bottle of EDP I could afford! GORGEOUS!!!!!

havanadaydream

Devine , thats all I can say. Really , words cannot describe this. Its different like Hypnotic Poison , in a class of its own. There is a lot of confusion on reviews on this across the net as the EDP smells more spicy and the EDT smells more sweet and peppery rasberry. I wear and adore the EDT. The first time I sprayed this in a store I was blown away. No headache with this. Its sweet , not too sweet , fruity , floral and SEXY in a bottle. Its just not fair that every girl in the world doesnt have a bottle of this heaven in a bottle. Did I say I LOVE it ??????? LOL. Go in Ulta and try it. You will swoon !!!
Update: If you are going to try this then try the EDT first please. I dont know where all these smoky tobacco comments are coming from ? The EDT is NOT like that at all. I hate that people try the EDP and never smell the EDT and this is one perfume where there is a MASSIVE , crazy difference. If you want to try it or try it again I saw it at dillards and ulta this week. LOVE LOVE LOVE it , so soft and feminine.

fleurdelis
fleurdelis

This was my second perfume ever. I bought it because I wanted a perfume that would make me feel "sexy", and for something to wear on nights out or dates.

The boyfriend (and men in general) find it really alluring and sexy! Even my best girlfriend said she feels attracted to me when I wear it (lol). I gave her some of my samples, and she went out and bought the bottle.

Sometimes I'll wear it during the day, but always with a light hand. I don't think I could wear it to work, but I work in a hospital instead of an office. Definitely a must-have!

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

This is one of my absolute favorite day time perfumes in spring and summer. Hot Couture is sexy and a little mysterious while remaining girly and sweet. This is a really pretty fragrance and it last a really long time. I'm not a big fan of raspberry scented things but in this it works really well.

floof
floof

I bought this from amazon unsniffed after reading reviews. As many have mentioned before me, raspberry, tobacco, musc. Much less cheap smelling than a bath and body works berry scent, but to me still does not smell as sophisticated as some reviews say. I do like it, and the lasting power is VERY good, could smell for more than 24h. it becomes more subtle and fades very nicely. The bottle is pretty unusual- a trapezoid- and i am excited to have this new addition for my collection, i didnt own any raspberry fragrances.

Rouu
Rouu

waited so long to review this one ..I APPRECIATE IT

Hot Couture has everything a women's fragrance should have...extreme feminine notes, mystery, allure, and of course, attraction! This delicate fragrance smells heavenly..The smell of Givenchy Hot Couture perfume is like amber, vanilla, jasmine and musk mixed together. The scent isnt sharp or sweet for that matter, and once its on my skin it stays there all day ..
Like Haute Couture fashion, Hot Couture is a glamorous yet sophisticated fragrance. Through sensuality and warmth Hot Couture creates an elegance that can only be equated with couture runway fashion.
you cant go wrong with this one
vibrant, confident,seductive, and passionate femininity in a bottle

LOVE IT 100000/10

TankGirl
TankGirl

Hot Couture its such a funny and ironic fragrance!
Everybody that said this smells like an expensive brothel is right! This is a nasty naughty girl on her best!
The beginning is delicious, milky raspberry pie. But then this sweet juicy scent starts to get wrapped on a sexy smoky veil of spice, that gives this perfume a huge erotic aspect.
The drydown is softer, the raspeberry is gone and I only get musky magnolia.
Its such a gorgeaus perfume, if we putt the sex thing aside, its a totally wearable perfume, I can wear this perfectly at day,night, winter, summer etc. Its sweet, fresh and smoky, what gives it a unique aspect that I looove. I was looking for a sweet nasty perfume that at the same time smelled expensive and here it is.
Sweet, sexy and sophisticated.

thelaurenator
thelaurenator

This perfume, described in a few words, smells like a high-fashion brothel. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a fruity-floral, though the raspberry overpowers the flowers. The flowers really aren't important in this blend. It's all about the fruit, the kick of the pepper, and the gorgeous pale musky vetiver. This is an odd scent. Starts out sweet but the dry down is, well, quite dry... arid and spicy. I like it, though. It's over the top in its sexuality, but that's not always a bad thing. If you can pull off this scent, then WEAR it.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

I don`t consider this floral. More fuity-floral with warm peppery.
First really juicy and berry. Then I get a cigaret note. A bit disturbing, but it separites this from being just averige fruity-floral.
The base is really soft, warm and yummy. Staying power is good, about 6 hours on my skin.
Somehow this reminds me of Jessica Simpsons Fancy, although Fancy doesn`t have that cigaret note and is over all more sugary with caramel.

yaya5
yaya5

The EDP is a smokey/tabaco-y/peppery rasberry. SO HOT. Wow...I know men would love this smell. Lets just say that its NOT innocent, which is the strong impression it gives me. The rasberry does smell alittle artificial though.

The edp is a dirty rasberry, the edt is a cleaner/watery rasberry.
----
Smells really synthetic now that I have had it on for a while, if your looking for a fresh rasberry in the edp this is not it. I still like it though.

guest_Daria_Rus
guest_Daria_Rus

Hi!
This perfume is very cool, sexy in my opinion..and I really want to buy it ... But the people around me say that the smell of pepper suppresses everything else! Do not you think so?)

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

Yes, when I first applied this I thought Hot Couture was a Hot Mess, but after wearing for a while, the peppered raspberry and vetiver scent becomes kind of endearing. It is definitely not like anything else I have, which, in itself, earns it a spot in my collection. For an EDP, it isn't really that potent on my skin. It does cling fiercely to my clothes though. Givenchy doesn't usually disappoint me by making boring scents. Whether you love or hate this, I think you'll at least find it interesting.

guest_debob

QUESTION: I really love this, however it does not last very long on me. I hate to ask a question, but has anyone tried the perfume? Is there a difference between the perfume and the cologne? I purchased the cologne and I'm thinking I need to order the perfume for it to last longer.

guest_debob

This is a masterpiece for sweet lovers as it's really fruity floral. Juicy orange and raspberry mixed with a hot spice. Maybe it's the pepper, but I also get a smoky scent. Whatever it is, it mixes well with the fruit. I've never smelled anything quite like this.
I like the strength of it. It's not subdued, but yet it is not weak. Like Goldilocks says, "it's just right"

guest_Angelic
guest_Angelic

My favorite perfume of all time. I get the most compliments when I wear this perfume. Men LOVE it. Long staying power. Smells like raspberries and black pepper.

adele l
adele l

This is very strong- a girl at work wears it and while it's nice its projection is quite intense. It's a bit too artificial for my taste but it always smells really great when she walks past me ( this is called ambivalence).

deeannek
deeannek

I really didn't expect to like this new version of Hot Couture. I have been a fan of #1 since it came out but this is good stuff-very good stuff. It reminds me of a fruity sparkling wine.( Tresor has this quality too.) In fact when I wear it I feel bubbly-my mood brightens as soon as I spray it on.and I do get compliments when I wear it so that is a good sign.I think this is my favorite Givenchy now and might even say this will be my signature-at least for now.

Nandathomp
Nandathomp

Imagine an elegant lady, dressed in black ... She is sexy, mysterious and powerful; all at the same time!.. This is how i feel when i wear Hot Couture!

A very well balanced scent. Not too sweet but at the same time not too serious. The Raspberry mixes perfectly with the Vetiver and the pepper gives a special touch!!

A perfect fragrance for elegant ladies with attitude!!!!

guest_rosiecheeks
guest_rosiecheeks

ughh...this is my FAVORITE perfume of all time I AM IN LOVE WITH HOT COUTURE...its such a sexy scent.I cant begin to explain the way it makes me feel,its a really dear thing to me reminds me of hot nites and great times now that im married with children still feels as sexy as it used to.its stayes on all day not too heavy just perfect.theres not one day i wear it that i dont get a compliment on it.. love you hot couture,,if there was one perfume i couldnt live without it be it other being ANGEL.terry M.soo lovely

mcelferr
mcelferr

I got the EDP version.I smell no citrus. Just soft beautiful white pepper and delicate dry flower just after the first spray. It dries down very warm and sweet (not gourmand) with an ambar touch. It's like a romantic embrace. Very classic. Love it.

guest_Amélie
guest_Amélie

One of my top 5 fragrances. I fell in love with it the second I smelled it. It reminds me of my graduation ball : my boyfriend had left me the day before, I was all alone, and a group of guys decided to cheer me up and took turns to dance with me. Every single one of them told me how good I smelled.
It is an unusual fragrance, a little strong at the beginning but very long-lasting. I can't stop sniffing my wrists when I wear it.

diabolicalsister
diabolicalsister

Mmmm, my favorite 'slutty' scent. I can only wear this when I'm with my husband now. Sure does turn men's heads! Lot's of compliments... and guys walking into things, chairs pulled out for me, free drinks... Haha, not sure if it's actually the scent, or that I FEEL so sexy and confident that it almost casts a spell on men. Hey, that's how I caught my husband!

I'm certainly not smelling an ashtray note on my skin, maybe a hint of sweet tobacco though. The raspberry smells synthetic for only the first five minutes, turning nice & juicy after. Dried down, the whole composition turns so sweet & spicy! The raspberry lasts all day. Huge sillage. This scent isn't going to be for everyone, so test it on some skin. This is a must-try!

Contessa01
Contessa01

This is one of the most beautiful fragrances I have ever smelt. It is in my top 5. It is so sexy - the combination of berrys and tobacco is stunning. Normally I do not like tobacco scents and actually steer away from berry fragrances too which is why i was so surprised i like it. But Im telling you it works. Do yourself a favour and try this out you might like it as much as I do !!

Bouquet
Bouquet

The EDP-- synthetic raspberry and a smoky drydown. Maybe this would be good for a smoker? This was one of the few headache inducers for me, so I'll have to pass.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Hot Couture...hmm..i remember when it first came out...it was so popular, i could feel it all over....at work, in the restaurants...
Very nice , feminine,delicious, particular and "atractive "fragrance !
I used to like it a lot...:)
Now after all this time, i really need to test it again...!!!

guest_Awry
guest_Awry

I am intrigued by all the negative reviews for Hot Couture, since it is the first fragrance I've worn in years that all my friends have loved on me. I can't say I've noticed any particular notes - just a wonderful, warm, feminine fragrance that lasts all day. It is definitely a favorite with me.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I just got this today. I bought it based on the reviews I would not have pick this for myself. I was amazed at how much oil is in this EDT when I sprayed it on my hand. It smells really nice, sweet but not cloying smells of raspberry coffee & cream. I just have to try it some more for a more in depth review!

selinum28
selinum28

I generally like perfumes from Givenchy, although in my opinion they are not really wearable or versatile, because they try to be interesting or funny and they often are this way, in fact. Hot couture is not specially interesting, but it smells of sweets most of the time: sugar, spicies and some fruit. It is a bit ridiculous, but maybe someone in Europe can remember a kind of candies, which smelt and tasted very similar to this perfume: they were round shaped slices of white colour except from the center, where there was a particular fruit carefully drawn, and also the edges, full of lines of the same colour of the fruit...; all the candies tasted approximately the same.
After some hours, more than ten in my case, the perfume starts to fade clearly, because it becomes annoying: it is like smelling wood, resin and sugar.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

Thanks c3c for the sample! I was always intrigued by this scent because my acquaintance once told me that she bought it unsniffed based on an assumption that a person who developed a scent for Givenchy and had a sense of humor to name it as a pun couldn't develop a bad scent. Indeed, later I found out, thanks to Fragrantica extensive database, that the man who developed this scent is Jacques Cavallier, the creator of my beloved Poeme. So, I was intrigued even more.

I haven't made up my mind about this scent completely, but right now it feels like one of those skin scents which you are upset that you cannot detect but then when you take a sniff of your wrist you're surprised that your skin smells like a touch of cinnamon, as if you just put a batch of cinnamon rolls in the oven for a Sunday breakfast.

Lady Love
Lady Love

This is the first perfume I bought, i was so happy, for the first time after my birthday my parent gave me some money, cuz they allways bought me perfume and other things, but this time i was old enough to buy things I wanted.

I remember that I ran to the Perfumery and smelled like 10 fragrances.

Hot Couture (Edt) was the fifth fragrance i try and was love at first sight.. The most beautiful and lovely raspberry (Must have put a spell on my young mind)combined with a soft vetiver and magnolia.. the musk part is divine!

Chic, Young and sweet! I love this fragrance. The power lasting is awesome.

Years later I discovered the Edp version and let me tell you it was a horrible experience.. smelled so bad.. just like a grown up version of the Edt, i hate it.. I never thought they would be so different, generally allways like more the Edp than Edt, but this is not the case.

After all this time, and in spite of all the others fragrances that I tested, Hot Couture Edt, definitely smells unique!

Try Edt version, and If you like musky Raspeberrys, you will love Hot Couture!

Perhaps I should have guessed from the ridiculous name that Givenchy HOT COUTURE would be a mess, and it really is. The opening smells like artificially flavored red cough syrup--could be raspberry, but it's artificial, so it could also be gaspberry... From there, unfortunately, things just get worse...

The middle stage of HOT COUTURE edp smells exactly like a dirty ashtray. This is not a smokey but a dirty-ash smell. Although I am not a smoker, I love few things more than the scent of the smoke trailing off of a freshly lit cigarette or a just struck match. I even like the smell of pipe smoke. But I have zero tolerance for second-hand smoke or the lingering nastiness that infects my clothes when I have the misfortune of spending time in a cigarette-smoke-filled chamber. HOT COUTURE smells like that to me. It reminds of the time I had a facial done by a woman who had just taken a cigarette break and neither brushed her teeth nor washed her hands before our session.

The drydown of HOT COUTURE does become more tolerable with time, but only because the scent diminishes in strength. No other fragrance I know smells like HOT COUTURE. But that is for a very good reason. This is a big, loud "No!" to my nose.

tennischick
tennischick

I went to Macy's to purchase this perfume and asked about the old and new packaging and the sales girl said she checked with the Givenchy rep and they said it is exactly the same just new packaging. Hope this helps!

Fragaria
Fragaria

Can anyone explain the difference between Hot Couture No 1 and Hot Couture? They have the same notes. Hot Couture is floral and Hot Couture No 1 is an oriental floral. Is this the same perfume with one bottle being a collectable? Very curious!

little Cinderella
little Cinderella

At first it’s too strong but after a while it gets some really creamy and sweet note on my skin. Very long lasting (about 12 hours) , to me it smells like raspberries with sugar...mmmm

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

(EDP)

Sort of pleasant, sort of synthetic raspberry sharpness-I tried it and had no desire to wear it again, it left me rather cold. I still can't say it's really bad-it's just simple, rather sharp and not a first-time-love kind of fragrance. If I hadn't had the luck and opportunity I've had to smell so many fragrances and discover the potentials of great fragrances, I might like this-but for now, I can say I never gave it enough opportunities on my skin to grow on me.

soulsong
soulsong

I'm not crazy about the opening, but after the first hour it is a serious crush! I feel like I smell raspberries balanced by magnolia and vetiver, although berries aren't listed in the notes. The pepper is mild, which of course is the only way to smell pepper. I love the balance between the gentle amber revved up by the berry effect.

Vaiva
Vaiva

This fragrance is my nr.1 :D Very, very good scent!!! (EDP)

ktv0926
ktv0926

When I first time sprayed Hot Couture into the cap of the bottle, I got a really sweet raspberry scent, which instantly reminded me so much of something in my childhood, so I persisted smelling the cap hoping to remember what it was. Finally it brought up the memory of the smell of a Russian kompot (drink made of fruits and berries boiled in water with sugar, served cold though, very popular in Russia some time ago. They served it everywhere - in kindergartens, schools, colleges, children’s camps etc.). Needless to say – I loved the association and as a result I loved the fragrance that brought up that memory!

Aside from that, Hot Couture is very distinctive, one of a kind scent, not to be confused with anything else. It is very long lasting too. The only thing that makes me a little controversial about it – its powdery and smoky quality, which actually is the reason why the fragrance is so original and fantastically delicious, but I don’t help but getting annoyed by these loads of powder after a while.

Anyways – I own it, wear it occasionally and more or less pretty happy about it!

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Tested it.love it.on me raspberry pepper amber.and some woody note mix with flower.mwah

garofani
garofani

jummy fruity-floral!for me this is fruity as much as floral, or maybe even more fruity with raspberry and orange really dominating...it may be overwhelmingly sweet, and its frivolity becomes annoying at times when you sort of feel 'deep', but a great parfume for a night out, to boost the good mood! Though I see many people have rated it as winter, I tend to use it more in the summer..

rainydays
rainydays

When I first sprayed it on it was pure alcohol, but after a minute it settled down and was rather nice. It was both citrusy and peppery. But after another few minutes it turned into this strange after-shave smell (I verified with a few other people that it wasn't just my imagination), and was too masculine for my taste. Guess it didn't work with my body chem.

guest_Peanut
guest_Peanut

Well, my personal fave is the older version of Givenchy Organza Indecence, but alas I ran out. Well, one time I bought a gift set that had other givenchy samples, including Hot Couture. It was my least fave (hence I still have some left after all these yrs)I think because it reminded me of cotton candy. Well, my boyfriend ATTACKED me and couldn't stop raving about it (maybe because he is diabetic haha) so now guess which one I'm going to wear?

LenaBel
LenaBel

So many different reviews for this perfume! I guess it is the one that really develops to its full potential only if it goes well with your body chemistry.
I tried EDP in store and it was too spicy for me and irritating, but today I found a sample of EDT at home and WOW it so beautiful. You get a splash of raspberry at first, which then settles down a bit and you can smell the spicyness too. Sweet berry spiciness - this is how I would describe this scent. It has been on my skin for almost 7 hours and I still smell the raspberry - which I absolutely love in this fragrance. Worth a try! Actually this may go on my 'wishlist' for next autumn...

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

Today I bought Hot Couture EDT and I absolutely love it! I keep smelling my wrist over and over. I'm pretty sure that this will be my signature scent for quite a while. It has great staying power, lasts several hours. I tried the EDP, but it is too woodsy for me. The EDT is perfect, a clean, soft scent that makes me feel incredible feminine and sexy.

guest_A.Rose
guest_A.Rose

One more thing-
Another poster mentioned the similarity between "Hot Couture" and "Chanel No. 19" and I could see that. They're both green, spicy and underscored by an astringent wood note. To the poster that thought it reminded her of something in her childhood, here's a guess: If you were a child of the 80's, you might be remembering someone who wore "Aspen for Women" as they're both very similar. Or, it could be the underlying smell of pencil shavings running throughout "Hot Couture" (remember crank pencil sharpeners?) and something that reminds me of carbon printed report cards (remember that dry, checmically smell emanating from those pink and yellow papers?).

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

There's a similar quality evident in all "Givenchy" blends, something that sets them apart from other brands in a way that's obvious; they're gloriously artificial. Really. Every "Givenchy" fragrance imparts the glossy thrill of a celluloid tease, the hint of a hyped-up memory--they feel idealistic, consciously constructed and formed. You will never find a non-descript skinscent in a Givenchy, unless your skin naturally smells of huge silk flowers, polished jewels, overblown taffeta and hot spices.

"Hot Couture" is the pefect example of this aesthetic, smelling of sweet-grass and tweed, simmering under fashion show lights or backstage hot-lamps. You can almost see the beaming light focused on a model having a dress built on her (a dress in jazzy black and white), the session running late into the night, smell the sheared fibers of material being cut for the design, the rasberry sweetness of blush wine tiding-over a mad-cap designer (she has frazzled dark hair falling over horned glasses, a kelly-green, silk shirt getting in the way of her pinning and sewing). Even the spicy pencil shavings surrounding the sketchboard make an appearance (a dash of cumin, maybe? Anise? Mace, perhaps?) so that in one spritz, the tale rapidly unfolds, quickly filling the air with energetic intensity. "Hot Couture" is spicy green, slightly sweet but not sugary, dense and woody-deep with a distinctly creative kick. This is a scent suitable for wearers of art deco abstract prints, polka dots and/or red lipstick. To adore "Hot Couture", you must love the dry velvetiness of vetiver, the astringent woodiness of cedar and the hollow, jammy sweetness of rasberry. Oh--and you have to be a "character"."Hot Couture" is cheeky and aggressive, only dominated by a strong, fascinating personality.

amelie
amelie

So soft as velvet, clean, slightly reminiscent of the finest fabric softener, I love these scents! To me EdP acts more serious, maybe not as charming fruity EdT, but this is a great fragrance, not even a bit old-fashioned, glamorous, spectacular - a sumptuous splendor of the old famous perfume, but still very stylish. On my skin reminds somewhat on Flowerbomb, or vice versa, has that powdery dust aroma notes as the most expensive make-up. Some say it was sexy, maybe this is true.
When I'm in the mood for Hot Couture also love to wear My Insolence by Guerlain. To go to the Oscar award maybe I would even decided to wear Hot Couture. Tres chic and unique, really a must have!

LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

I bought it 8 years ago for a winter. It´strange, but to me it smells like rasberries in hot Earl Grey tea :)
And I like it.

tsth
tsth

This surprised me too...I LOVE the smokiness along with the undertone of sweet raspberry. It is a haunting fragrance to me. After I tested it in the store, it kept haunting me. The sillage is very good, and it does have great staying power. After 2 weeks of thinking about this one, I had to buy it. It is the sweet/smokey that wins me over, about it.

This was a very odd fragrance indeed. I totally wasn't expecting what I smelt when I intially applied Hot Couture.

The previous reviewers are not wrong in stating that this is a peppery floral scent. It's quite sharp and surprising to my nose.

I know many of you will go crook on me for saying this, but Hot Couture really reminds me of Chanel No.19. It has a grassy/green quality to it that I can't deny.

In my personal opinion, I don't think this fragrance would be very well suited to young women, it seems to take a more mature and sophisticated approach. Don't get me wrong however, I'm not saying this is an 'old-lady fragrance'.

I don't actually get the raspberry and vanilla in Hot Couture, which I'm a little disappointed about. To be honest, I don't find this scent sweet or fruity at all.

I'd choose Versace Woman as a better alternative if you're looking for a raspberry and spicy/herb scent.

guest_Angie
guest_Angie

The first time I tried this scent, I fell in love with it right away, it reminds me of something luxurious, charming & meaningful. Its my favourite perfume for life, and yes indeed, I found a great difference between the EDP & EDT, I love the perfume very much, but the EDT is missing some key ingridients so it smells like nothing special, very simple.
And I think its the high content of musk in this perfume, that makes it smell so different on every person, because only musk releases your individual sexual scent and blends with it, thats why some people hate it, some people just love it....

thegirlsapearl
thegirlsapearl

I rushed out to buy a bottle of this after a friend sprayed it on me in a taxi on our way out one evening... i loved it and was hypnotised by it's sexy, warm smell....it's probably one of the sexiest smells; very alluring. Gorgeous - get a bottle NOW!

Artemislune
Artemislune

I've been wearing it for almost ten years and I can't change because people associated the scent with me and keep telling me how they like it (even strangers tell me they like it). It changes very much from the bottle to my skin and take a clean laundry smell (almost like fabric softener - weird - but I often had the comment). For a year now I have been wearing it with Kate Moss fragrance and the two together smell wonderfull!!!

mihaela_dana
mihaela_dana

I love it! In first place i didn't like it, but then... it's perfect on my skin especially in summer time.

Malegria
Malegria

It is one of the "funny" Givenchys that I actually like...Several years ago a coworker brought some samples to work and distributed them among us girls, saying - guys, look what I found, it`s a marvel for a fantastic price!I totally agree. It is a juicy raspberry with ginger, that makes it oh so saucy and perky.I especially like ginger in it - it is very prominent and spicy.

The whole impression about this perfume created a picture in my mind - the carnival with confetti, fireworks, bright cheery costumes, cotton candy and shots of something sweet and definitely alcoholic. A fun, bright,delicious perfume!

It has a downfall though - some people get a headache from smelling or wearing it, and sometimes, especially in winter, you can feel a synthetic note - like a wrapper of a chewing gum. I think that teens would not mind it, but it can be a put off for more experienced perfumaniacs.

snobuni77
snobuni77

A very pretty perfume indeed! The raspberry & floral blend so marvelously in this.It is as if they are dancing together.The sweet pepper ever so lightly peps this concoction up & I am thankful for that because I need a little pep in my scents

The raspberry stays true till the end & it doesn't get powdery on me which makes me happy =)
It does however make my mouth water a little lol

noharadwan
noharadwan

i used to have this perfume 7 years ago , i remember how much compliments i used to hear from everyone about the way i smell, its very warm sexy emotional , i'll always consider it my favourite

Trvevil
Trvevil

After so mixed reviews, I decided to try this one.
First of all- about impression and expectations. When a perfume has 'Couture' written on it I expect unusual, even crazy in some way smell. You know, like Haute Couture collections- nowadays are sewn and designed more like entertainment on runway shows than something to wear every day, because it can be not so practical (crazy colors, banana hat, butterfly hat, they use even plastic and foil!) I tried 2 frags with name Couture on it- Moschino Couture and this one by Givenchy... Well, what to say? These two failed my expectations.
About scent- delicious and a bit freshy at the beginning.Like some undetectable flavor candy. After some hours it turns more flowery and spicy with some vetiver to add some 'tree' feeling. It even has some incense impression on my skin. That's it. It's very faint although I sprayed 3 times on my wrist.

luz
luz

The woody floral edp is too smoky and reminds me of cigarrets smell.
The edt is a less complex fragrance, I consider it a nice adult fruity floral, the raspberry nuances in this fragrance are one of a kind. Very seductive and elegant. F by Ferragamo is also a good alternative for those who love this style.

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

a nice scent , something you recognise ...,so many womans had this scent ...it's very usual now , it's no mistery and everybody knows this scent

linden tree
linden tree

this perfume is a strong floral fruity,kind of masculine fragrance,i don't feel the middle notes.The perfume jump from the raspberry to the final notes.Too fast for me!I agree it's a headache perfume

susieqrj
susieqrj

I really love it, one of my favorites. Got a lot of compliments for using it. The raspberry is mouthwatering, deliciously inebriating to the senses.
The smell is sensual, makes me feel sexy, it is sweet without being teenager sugar.

guest_Gayla/Dallas
guest_Gayla/Dallas

This is a really unique fragrance. I love the "fruity raspberry" and espcially am fond of the pepper notes. I always get compliments! Try it....you'll love it.

kayka
kayka

i had edt, and now i have edp... :(

edp is terrible!!

there is a big difference.

if you want to feel something really nice, you should try edt!!

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

Reading the review it is so strange how body chemistry works. I tried this in the store and then gave it another try with a sample I purchased. Both times it went on really nice and the within the hour dried down to a really woody smell and a little bit floral. I really didn't like it that much but of course my husband did like it.

VioletLily
VioletLily

Confident and sexy, yet feminine. First spritz is just mouthwatering: powdery amber, raspberry and pepper with a hint of sweet floral. The pepper and florals save it from being too candy-like, and the sillage is yummy, it becomes quite spicy powdery with the raspberry floating in the background. Some more sweetness parading as vanilla comes out in the drydown and it's like raspberry cream with a hint of spice. Very mmmmm. My man always takes an extra deep and happy sniff of me when I wear Hot Couture!

chance25
chance25

Slightly updated from last review. Okay I finally got a handle on what I think this smells like on me. It smells like a hot cup of raspberry coffee, sugar and creamed wafting from my skin. Enough said, either that would appeal to you or it would have you running for the hills.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

Hot is right! Its so sweet and spicy you feel like you should get heartburn, but in a good way :) This one had to grow on me and it did! The raspberry and pepper show up upon first spray. As it dries down you get a hint of flowery musk but a powdery vail of the sweet pepper. Mmmm very warm scent, makes you feel Hot!

nauticaa
nauticaa

Alittle bit too much strawberry, too stingy and penetrant... sorry

andreapaz2008
andreapaz2008

really really heavy smell, is classic and elegant, special for matures women.
""my boyfriend gave me it , and my mother used it""

vestigial
vestigial

Horrid. Might be pretty on some, but for me, personally, it was quite sneeze-some and headache-some. Left my noze stuffed finally.

essija
essija

This is delicious. And XXX Sexy. Love this stuff, I had a friend who wore it all the time and I just had to get a bottle.. Cudos

Xenya
Xenya

I'm thinking now whether to buy it or not. It seemed to me a little bit too light (probably because I'm wearing amarige mariage now?). But it is so great that I think I'l buy it sooner or later.

PR
PR

old fashioned to my taste, but better than YSL 'Paris'

comparison here, because I tested them at the same time, they're different as scents, of course, so just personal preference's mentioned here

carmenragalie
carmenragalie

This is my favorite...is rich,sweet and spices,delicious.For me, is the bestof Givenchy!

liat
liat

Too sweet, too demanding. My 60-something years old mother is a great fan of it, so I guess it's not for me.

baiba_pukite
baiba_pukite

The first 5 hours are just terrible... I tested it on my wrist and got such headache... I tried to wash it off but I couldn't... I still feel it on my clothes after 4!!! days! Now, on my clothes, the fragrance is ok, but I know for sure I'll never buy this "headache in the bottle".
P.S. I tried eau de toilete... And it makes me wonder how long does eau de parfume last? But then... I actually don't even want to know!

mihaelasusan
mihaelasusan

MY ALL-TIME PERFUME!!!VERY SEXY,ULTRAFEMININE,SEDUCTIVE FRAGRANCE!!!MMMMMMMMMM.

oolala30
oolala30

I LOVE this. I bought it a week ago and have been wearing it faithfully since. It is a very feminine, sexy, and somewhat unusual scent. It was love at first sniff for me.

crysna
crysna

OMG! one of my top 3 parfums! with out a doubt one of the most beautiful fragrances by Givenchy it has something that makes guys crazy my mom, sister and i wore it and we had comments all the time how good smells.
my top 3 are tresor by lancome (my real first parfum), hot couture by givenchy and far away by avon!!!

coco76
coco76

I don't know what it is about this scent that makes me so nauseous, but it doesn't matter who i smell it on i find it repugnant! I find it invasive to my sinuses the same way that 'exclamation' did back in grade eight when half of the girls in my class used to soak themselves in it...headache in a bottle

jmp
jmp

This has been one of my favorites for many many years. I was sick when they discontinued it, as Givenchy often does with my favorites (Extravagance!) However when it was re-released, I couldn't have been happier!! It is sweet, and drives men CRAZY (as does Angel, in my experience) It is sweet ad spicy. For evening IMO.

Moszatka
Moszatka

This is my favourite fragrance! It is so pretty and beautyful, very delicious!
I will like it forever:)

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

This stuff is delicious, I smelled it on somebody else and had to ask what it was! So this one is going onto my wanted list :)

Hot Couture by Givenchy 3.97 out of 5 based on 1383 ratings and 247 user reviews

Hot Couture Mini by Givenchy, .17 oz Mini EDP for Women
Sephora.com, Inc.
Givenchy Hot Couture 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Hot Couture 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 3.3oz
Hot Couture Gift Set by Givenchy Gift Set for Women Includes 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 oz Shower Gel 3.3 oz Body Lotion
Hot Couture Perfume by Givenchy, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Hot Couture Perfume by Givenchy, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Hot Couture Perfume by Givenchy - 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Hot Couture Perfume by Givenchy - 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
HOT COUTURE BY GIVENCHY for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ
HOT COUTURE BY GIVENCHY for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Gift Set 3.3oz
Hot Couture Perfume by Givenchy - -- Gift Set - 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 oz Shower Gel 3.3 oz Body Lotion
Givenchy Hot Couture Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Givenchy Hot Couture 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Hot Couture 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Hot Couture Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Givenchy Hot Couture Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Hot Couture fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Hot Couture, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hot Couture by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hot Couture by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.