Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 225 I had it: 290 I want it: 130 My signature: 13

Hot Couture Collection No.1 Givenchy for women Videos
Hot Couture Collection No.1 Givenchy for women Pictures

Givenchy introduced its 21st Hot Couture perfume on the eve of the 21st century. Hot Couture Collection No.1 is a sensual floral with with a fruity bergamot, orange and rasberry note. The heart notes include magnolia and vetiver with a touch of black pepper. The base is gentle and warm due to sandalwood, amber and musk. It was created in 2000.

Orange Raspberry Bergamot

Magnolia Vetiver Pepper

Sandalwood Amber Musk

Hot Couture
Hot Couture Eau de Toilette

Hot Couture Collection No.1 Fragrance Reviews

PLUMPIE

My signature - I haven't owned a scent that garners more compliments from men/women than this one - the syrupy natural smelling raspberry (like framboise liquor) overlayed with almost tobacco/leathery smelling peppery magnolia takes it over the edge and leaves a subtle trail behind wherever you go. One of the few masterpieces of the 00's decade I would say. Definitely has to suit your chemistry. I would feel like something was missing if I didn't have a bottle in my rotation.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

How to describe Hot Couture No. 1? There are four flankers in Givenchys’ Hot Couture collection, all with similar boxes and with similar notes. Discerning noses can pull out the differences when wearing them. Should you want a particular Hot Couture and are shopping in a perfume store, be very specific in what you ask for from the sales associate. Some of them are not familiar with the idea that more than one Hot Couture exists and will sell you simply what is on the shelf. Look for the right packaging.
Wearing this through the fall and winter has given me a lot of opportunities to decide how to review this perfume. This fragrance has so many accolades from others, I wanted to be as fair as possible in my review to make sure that I was also breathing the Hot Couture fantasy.
I say this because when I first received my box and tested it, all I could get from it was a sticky, thick, syrupy, cooked raspberry jam surrounding me. It was delicious. But I longed for the smoke and sensual notes that others spoke about. It was early Fall in the States and perhaps the temperatures just weren’t right for me to be wearing this perfume. The weather was still warmer, I was still phasing out my summery perfumes and the true briskness of the Fall had not yet set in. Not all perfumes are a good match for all seasons. It just wasn’t time to pop the top of this bottle yet.
Come the bitter cold of snowy winter, still the same thing happened. I needed to find the right season for Hot Couture Collection No. 1 to work its magic for me, if indeed, it would. Apparently, sub-freezing temperatures weren’t the ticket, either.
Early Spring, when temperatures hover at the 30-50 degree marks and there are remnants of snow still on the ground, I tried again. And this time, I was able to discern more notes from this sophisticated gourmand. How this can be considered an oriental floral is beyond me.
It’s different than your run-of-the-mill teen-age foodie gourmand. It’s rich and oppulent with raspberry, but not just any raspberry. This fruitiness is heavy and intense, as if you’re standing over the pot of jam as it’s cooking on the stove. It’s sweet, but you haven’t added sugar to the pot yet, so there’s an oppositional feel here. Blame the bergamot for a breath of Earl Grey tea or the orange for a citrus zing in the beginning, but this perfume’s run will still be under-sweetened by other notes as it progresses.
There’s a woody note that weaves in and out to save the scent of the raspberries from being too linear, overpowering and childish. It’s not strong at all, but it’s there as a backdrop. A hint of smoke wisps tantalize this perfume and the addition of any type of smoke always ups the ante in a fragrance. Leather introduces itself in the drydown as a wrap-around for the ever-present cooked jam.
Givenchy Hot Couture No. 1 is a gourmand that’s not commonly encountered because it strives for oppulence, seduction and sensuality in a scent that is so much a gourmand yet somehow it does work in other ways. It works because of its maturity. Its not simply a tropical fruit, its a cooked fruit, tempered with visions of smoke and leather.
It’s warm and inviting. Yet, it still needs the right attitude to pull it off. It’s not a young, giggly perfume. It’s one where the wearer meets you eye-to-eye, with a formidable strength. Their actions always give you the impression of what’s to come. And that’s what Hot couture No. 1 is about. It sets the groundwork and continues on its Journey. You won’t be disappointed.
The longevity is quite good, lasting for a good six hours or so. Sillage is strong and really, a gentle spritz is all that’s needed. This is a perfume that warms with your body and surrounds you.
For extreme decadence one day, I decided to layer Hot Couture with two other perfumes to create a Neopolitan ice cream effect. I choose Avon’s Extraordinary for the intense chocolate note, and Taylor Swift’s Wonderstruck for the vanilla. The result was pure heaven in olfactory delight. You can mix and match your perfumes to layer them to create scents that you might enjoy. Be creative and have fun!
This is a perfume that would work well in the evening, going out, for leisure or for the week-ends.

lonestarlola
lonestarlola

I can remember the exact moment I first smelled this perfume. They were handing out sample vials at an outdoor Peter Gabriel concert and my Mom and I were both handed one. I popped mine open, took one whiff, and I was in love. My Mom took one whiff, said "Whoa. That's you." I got her sample - she's a resinous amber Casmir type and not very compatible with woodsy orientals. If I had known they'd be discontinuing years later, I would have run around with a plastic bag, begging the samples off all of the less enthusiastic. I get it, as I've purchased things that turned out to be unwearable for me (Versace Blonde, for example - beautiful, but florals like this are horrid on my skin), but any time I see that someone threw this in the trash I want to cry salty, bitter tears. Never throw a good quality bottle of perfume away - just find the right person to love it!

On first whiff - peppery woods. I get the "pencil shavings" remark, but for a woodsy perfume lover this is not a bad thing. This softens under a wave of ripe, round, red fruit balanced with warm amber and creamy, dewy magnolia. The kick of bergamot is the perfect twist. It's always spicy and woody, with the other notes weaving in and out like a helix. It's potent - one spray is all that's needed. Even the bath gelee smells up the entire bathroom for a whole day.

I don't get bratty so much as rebellious. To me, this is for the woman who never really quite fit into the mold and has learned to own it with a great sense of humor - a constantly-amused, arched-eyebrow rapier sharp wit. Her personality is resistant to pigeon-holing, there's always something that can't quite be nailed down - probably why she never quite fit a niche and why people might describe her as "a hot mess". There's something funky about her appearance - sculptural accessories, naturally wild and untameable hair, unusual features, an artistic temperament. For someone with a strong and self-assured presence, but not necessarily a loud one.

Hellita
Hellita

I SOO wan't to smell this fragrance. Givenchy, please bring it back!

icecube
icecube

It opens up very fruity of rasberrys - so pleasant.
But after a short while the powderiness hits, closely followed by smokiness that increases by the second.
Magnolia and bergamott as background note all the way.
As it dries down the smokiness softens and the berries comes out to play again. The woody tones combined with amber and musk is now more prominent.
It ends the way it started with fruity, gloriouse rasberry.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I got this in a gift set in 2001, but it has been stored well. To me this smells soooo sexy! I actually got really eager to buy this perfume 3 years ago, when I smelt in om my boyfriend's mother. Although I don't want to be any more like her in the way of clothes/smell than I already am, I just couldn't contain myself - I HAD to have this!!!

At first this is spicy - maybe even slightly Middle-Eastern, then it begins to smell raspberry-deliciousness! Not sour raspberry, nor raspberry candy... OK, maybe a little raspberry candy, but it's a sweet-smelling, *mature* raspberry with spices and woods (a little like pencil shavings - I think it's a contribution from the pepper), which is oh so cozy, but also fresh. Then it becomes a little smoky, but together with the other notes, raspberry among them, it's just magic *o* Ends with raspberry - very natural smelling one. This is alluring and makes me want to smell myself all the time!

Please read lonestarlolas review - it describes this perfume perfectly! :)

Repeat.Lynn
Repeat.Lynn

I bought this at a garage sale..almost full bottle for 5 bucks....never was really into perfume until this year..I see it is well liked I will have to wear this tomorrow see how it is..I just wish the bottle didn't tip so easy. having ceramic floors this is one not to put near .TIP>If you have a perfume you don't wear or has gone a little old .. put it in your empty reed diffuser.

PLUMPIE

I used to wear this back in 03' and man does it bring back some memories. I only stopped wearing this and Poeme and gucci rush at the time as all my friends decided they loved these on me (especially this one) and starting wearing them and I wanted to smell different so went on a journey of spicy orientals which I love now. This in essence is actually too sweet for my taste but the heavy smokiness, vetiver and peppery notes save it and it smells divine on me. I am in love all over again. I have just managed to find a 5ml minature of this I remember this being a man magnet so will try it on the other half and see how he reacts to it. Does anyone know if the newer reformulation (the pink liquid in the plainer bottle without the art deco silver motif) in the EDP still smel the same as this? I might just to have splash out on the 100ml. Man does this bring back some memories.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I remember being very surprised when I first tested this one because the scent is not what you expect when you look at the name and the bottle-I expected something serious,smokey and deep and the first impression you get is berries and fizz ! I was hooked straight away- raspberry was not a commonly used note at the time,and I do love something a bit different.
It was the bottle that attracted me at first, I love Art Deco and really wanted that bottle on my dressing table- the perfume was a bonus. What stands out the most is the raspberry and pepper- a little loud and unexpected at first, but of course the perfume does dry down and become more floral with a warm & woody base.
The other reviewers are right-this is a compliment getter, everyone wanted to know what I was wearing !
On me a moderate sillage and fairly long lasting- I only have about 4 ml left,so I daresay I'll just have to cherish the memories.

orangehaze99
orangehaze99

Very beautiful...But NOT the same as the one without the woman on the bottle. I found it on e-bay, but since it is hard to find, the price can get very high. I used up both bottles I had...and wish I could get another. Very feminine, yet a bit different. Just gorgeous.

lakkiirfan

Elegance
Appealing
___________

Mature fragrance
perfect for Night wearing, preferably in winter, may also in Summer
awesome projection &
longevity
and of course
fragrance itself..

TRY-BUY-PASS
MUST HAVE, BLIND BUY

gylyweed
gylyweed

My mom bought this perfume for herself & I remember sneaking the bottle to my room and spritzing my bed linens & school uniform. (btw, i was 14 at that time haha lol) I get a lot of compliments from my classmates every morning because of this. This is a very sensual and mysterious scent for me. Now I wear this every night outs.

pinkpeonygirl
pinkpeonygirl

I am so confused! This is my absolute favorite perfume, or so I thought ... I have always purchased this bottle with the black and the female design inside, loving this smoking vanilla and raspberry scent, incredible sensuous and a little bold. However today I wanted to repurchase, all they had was this other bottle without the black design and it smelled nothing alike imo. I knew about the pink bottle and that the formulation was different, but how about the collection nr 1 bottle and the other bottle? Is it the same and is my smell off, or is it also a different formula? Can someone please help me with this, I haven't found a descent perfume I like in over a year, I am very picky ;-)

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

It's simply impossible to describe this fantastic perfume. Mature, luxurious, deeeeeeeeeeep and sweet but not like candy! It's as sweet as raspberry wrapped in warm sandalwood with sweet pepper. And still...this description sucks comparing to what will happen to you when you sniff it for the first time. I never met anyone who'd say that this frag is bad, only compliments and chasing men. Unique and one of a kind!!!
Looong royal sillage will be your entourage during the whole day once you spray it.
Lasts days and sillage is just out of this world definitely!!!

Trobador
Trobador

Absolutely best women frag, my Mom and sister used it when I was a little boy!!))))

lucifera
lucifera

i also have a bottle to swap! ;-)
nice fume but i need to clear out

Shani95
Shani95

I ADORE THIS FRAGRANCE! My mum gave it to me a few years ago and I only save it for special occasions as I can't find anymore :( I always get compliments when I wear it, my all time favourite

Pari88
Pari88

I still remember sneaking squirts of this before going to middle school and loving it, as well as all the reactions of the girls and boys who would look at me like I was so mature lol. I had no idea it had anything to do with the one in the pink bottle until now that I can see the notes listed. I'm going to have to test this version again and see if I still love it now that I'm all grown up.

i love everything about this perfume. it's rasberry woody goodness, it's little pieces of citrus peel that give a little bit of bitterness. it's tangy it's woody, dark and slightly spicey from the pepper. long lasting of over 5 hours on me. i also just love the bottle. on me, this is a winner.

vicka16
vicka16

I'm so confused about this one. I receaved it as a gift a while ago, and I really didn't like it. For some reason it smelled very sour, and every time I was wearing it I had a feeling that my skin was burning where the parfume was applied. I really wanted to like this fragrance... And magic! after a while the burning feeling desapeared, and I can now enjoy the Hot Couture! Is it my skin chemistry that changed, or the toxic ingredient that I was sensitive to has evaporated? I have no idea.

latelittlesleeper
latelittlesleeper

This is rather lovely, actually. I'd say it's for a girl whose used to scents like Magie Noire, Black Orchid and the new Natori, but wanted something just a bit trampier and insouciant for night-time wear. Sometimes we all go for kitsch. Givenchy took a classic, ambery-vetiver-incense bottom and slapped on some sloppy raspberry jam. The final product is womanly and sexy-bordering-on-vulgar. It's good! I can see why it's controversial though. It's a little too voluptuous and heavy for girls who are more into the pretty fruity florals and it's too tawdry for the more serious perfumistas.

Edna Gaza Butterfly
Edna Gaza Butterfly

I mean can you say the first time I received this was for my my 19th Birthday from a friend who lived in Germany and I have loved it ever since then. The last bottle I have owed was in 2003 and then after that I could'nt find it any longer so hard to find I'm still in search for it. every where I went I was complimented on it. I would do way with all of my Fragrances just to have this 1 In my hands again, so obsessed with it that the smell of it could never leave my mind.

Miss_J
Miss_J

This perfume smells awful on my skin. It's like someone had spilled a full bottle of raspberry liquor. I have to stay away from berry notes because it never suits my chemistry...

nargis
nargis

My oldest son's first long term girlfriend gave this to me as a gift when the fragrance was first introduced. I didn't use much of it and just recently found it in a box of older fragrances. Even though I am now in my 60's I find it suites me better these days than it did when I first received it. I agree with the reviews of "MDWake8" and "narcotic". The fragrance is a an "excessive and bratty", sexy, "hot mess". Perhaps I like all of that because it is exactly what I need at my age!

Roma27
Roma27

I have five Givenchy fragrances in my collection but this, is one HOT mama that I no longer own. : ( A rebel among the saints. I'm going out of my mind searching for it. Will not simply buy it online too many fakes going around. So where can i find this in S.A? If you dont have this in your collection you truly don't know what you missing out on. It's a fragrance that speaks volumes. For me it makes a statement to be daring & confident,the ultimate risk taker. The spiciness mingled with sweetness portrays a picture of someone that harbours no fear. Wow a fragrance that makes you feel completely Invincible even if it's just in your mind.

moraine
moraine

This was the first Givenchy I ever tried, 10 years ago. I remember carrying home the little sample box so reverently, expecting something cutting-edge, high-class, and sexy, and what I got was...stuffy peppered raspberries! What a let down it was, the only time I have ever thrown away perfume.

I wore HC only once, to dinner out with my family. At first all was well, but after an hour or so I found myself suffocating in a berry fug. Every time my aunt, who was sitting next to me, turned to speak, she froze and recoiled in disgust. Poor little 22-year-old me, how mortifying! But now I look back on it as a useful lesson in not believing the hype.

(moved from another Hot Couture page, where I had confusedly misposted it)

Angel10
Angel10

Fantastic stuff!

Powerful & heady, rich & reckless, love what was said below by MD..."excessive & bratty"...

Fruity, juicy, smokey, thick, sexy & enchanting.

Bloody hard to find! ****Has to be HC No.1*******

MDWake8
MDWake8

Excessive and bratty. That's how I feel when I wear it and that's the point. Raspberry overwhelms at first, but then you are left with a sweet vanilla powdery dry down that stays with you all day.

After wearing the same scent for years I spent days searching for something new. I loved the smell of this but was not prepared for the resonses of others...amazingly soft and seductive. I never wear it without someone inquiring what it is. So yummy I spray it on my sheets, I wish I could bathe in it. I man I dated actually bought a bottle for his home. Wicked! I refuse to reveal the scent to other women...let them find their own!

arg1971
arg1971

Unique, sexy, and bewitching I was standing in chic filet one morning the girl at the counter was captured by this remarkable perfume she asked what I was wearing immediately and stated she wanted to know what it was. I wrote the name down for her told her where she could purchase she was so excited. Not many people wear this it was discontinued some years back now they bought it back on the market reformulated. It smells good but not as good as the original I think I also wear the oils mixed with the perfume scent stays on my clothes for so long to

narcotic
narcotic

This, to me, is the olfactory definition of "a hot mess".

Hot Couture is a wonderfully crass, racy, full-blown bitch fragrance that's lowbrow and luxury at the same time, and I say that with the utmost appreciation.

I absolutely love wearing this because very few people seem to use it to its fullest extent. The mix of fruits with the vetiver bomb intertwine in a delightfully nasty way. Demure and simple it is not!

cloudy
cloudy

A remarkable, strong, confident, and bright sent. It's sweet but not nauseating like most sweet smells. The amber and vetiver balance the sweetness in a very sexy way. I miss the old classic bottle....why do all the good things seem to get discontinued? At least the scent appears to have been preserved though it smells less rich, or is that my imagination?

guest_Monty
guest_Monty

This is a classic go to staple that I have been using for years! I usually wear it more in the winter though. I've gotten many people hooked on it and often get compliments whenever I do wear it!

guest_Margarette
guest_Margarette

The EDT is HOT...EDP...is NOT. It gives me headache. I bought it like 3 weeks ago...and it was a big mistake as I've tested EDT and it was just divine. I thought the lasting power will be better if o go for the EDP. How wrong one can be?! I will use a few drops in my washing liquid....now and then..I think....so It won't get wasted.

PacoGirl
PacoGirl

This is the one of my favorites.
Intriguing, musky and sexy, warm and peppery, super-rich and unforgetable.

guest_lisa
guest_lisa

loving this perfume to the max, had this perfume many years ago, anyway it finished and the other day when I was on the train I smelt someone wearing it...had to go out and buy it the next day, this brought back good memories the comments I received...just loving it =D

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

i LOVE this perfume!! It smells extremely sexy to me!!!

guest_sarah
guest_sarah

HOT is what it is sexy but in a soft pretty way. It is very addicting. Once you wear this perfume you will be addicted. WARNING SO WILL everyone around you.

viveka
viveka

Hm... I've got 50 ml Hot Couture since 2006 and still - can't like it :( I smell sweet raspberry with hint of pepper what remind me hot tea for cold or grippe. I know for many people it seems good but for me HC is annoying yet headache.
The old bottle was pretty interesting but the new one is rather ugly and unstabilized.
Givenchy's best frag is definetly Ange Ou Demon then Amarige Mariage - the rest is strange.

Mahala77
Mahala77

This has got to be the sexiest, perfume ever. I can never tire of it. It's just HOT!!!!!!
I always buy it over and over again when my bottle gets low.
This is my official scent.

I love this perfume, although I havent seen this old bottle around.
i've tried this on me a few times and everytime it makes me feel so good and it smells amazing. I really want to buy it now. It's the perfect blend of sexiness, muskiness and sweetness. It seems like the perfect perfume for any time of year but especialy the warmer seasons.

it smells like cherry syrup!that's my first impression from this perfume.
if you're looking for a really nice "raspberry" scent,this is just the right one.
it's very sweet,without being overwhelmed by it's sweetness.I can recognize neither pepper nor veviter.in fact I thought there would be more flowers,by the way magnolia is very nice here.
I can't call it a floral oriental.it's not that powdery.it's much lighter than usual florential fragrances.
I have never tried original "hot cotoure",but according to this site they seem to be the same.
by the way sweet perfume lovers will admire this perfume.specially since it has kind of girlish sweetness.

Annie_D
Annie_D

Believe it or not this was my first REAL perfume, when I was 16 I smelled this and I fell in love. I had to have it! While other girls were wearing cheesy fruity B&BW sprays I was rocking the Givenchy Hot Couture! This is a classic the sandalwood is beautiful and the black pepper adds the perfect amount of spice. I may have to purchase another bottle of this just to remember old times.

guest_Amarilla
guest_Amarilla

Inimitable, incomperable, exquisite, impulsive, supreme - on my top 10 list forever n ever.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This is one that had to grow on me. But it really does grow one you. In addition you become able to reconize the destinct notes of the fragrance. The note that really screams at you is the pepper and the berry! It sparkles. The amber warms it all mingles so well. The best Givenchy scent there is. It is so spicey that you can almost feel it when you put it on..So nice!

essija
essija

This stuff is amazing, smells so good, a friend of mine use to wear this and I wanted to make out with her she smelled so good, I got a bottle and it smelled just as good on me. You cannot go wrong with this sexy scent. Great lasting power too... Very warm and peppery. Would love to have another bottle of this.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Love this one! Haven't tried the reformulated perfume but the original is fantastic. Like cherry tobacco on my skin which really makes no sense when I think about it because there is nothing like that in the formulation! But even though I'm terrible at describing what I smell, I can say that this is another favorite winter scent for me. Sweet and fruity but not in a cotton candy way.. with a musky, sandalwood drydown. I always love that combination.

This is a perfume I simply enjoy wearing and what could be more fun than that? Smells fantastic on scarves and clothing and it is so long lasting that that great scent will be with you all day. Love it.

golden
golden

My good friend from college used to wear this and she smelt soooooo good.It suited her so well.Whenever i smell this i think of her.

crysna
crysna

my favorite parfum from Givenchy! hot couture collection No 1 the original the first introduced to the market. its very hard to find it. is so sweet thats what i love it, elegant and refined. it has something that makes guys gone wild hehehe its perfect 4 evening, romatic ocations and 4 winter seasons! love the bottle desing and last all day.

anitamontina
anitamontina

Perfect perfume for colder days. Raspberry sweet and very soft, but with serious touch. It doesn't have that teen raspberry sound, this one is elegant. Base notes gives vanilla touch.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Very sweet, soft, fragile Miss Raspberry has married sharp Mr. Pepper. Hot Couture is a nice marriage. Also very sound and permanent. However, I prefer more sophisticated relationships. :)

I add, because I have changed opinion ( not the first time and not neither last ). This connection of raspberry, pepper, sugar and mint is exciting. Smell warms up like a good, heated wine with roots. Besides, all people ask me, that so beautiful smell. As yet, I wear samples, but I intend to have whole case-bottle.

sunshine_8858
sunshine_8858

This is the best perfume, I had it and I want it again. Everyone compliments me on how nice i smell. Yeah!

2007
elgab89
elgab89

Givenchy is always on my list, although with this one I had a miss. Maybe not on my skin...

2007

Hot Couture Collection No.1 by Givenchy 4.25 out of 5 based on 338 ratings and 53 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Hot Couture Collection No.1 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Hot Couture Collection No.1, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hot Couture Collection No.1 by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hot Couture Collection No.1 by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.