Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Insense Givenchy for men
dislike

Insense Givenchy for men Videos
Insense Givenchy for men Pictures Insense Givenchy for men Pictures

Insense by Givenchy is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Insense was launched in 1993. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniel Moliere. Top notes are aldehydes, black currant, lavender, mandarin orange, bergamot, lemon and basil; middle notes are magnolia, lily-of-the-valley and iris; base note is fir.

Aldehydes Black Currant Lavender Mandarin Orange Bergamot Lemon Basil

Beloved

Insense Fragrance Reviews

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

Bright, aldehydic and green but also fresh and complex. From my vintage bottle, I get a rather discreet, and quite sophisticated floral arrangement that would equally suit an evening at the opera as it would a stroll down the promenade by Lake Geneva in early Autumn.

I can understand why early marketing attempts failed to draw men to this fragrance. Mindsets have changed a little now though, so Givenchy should get over 1993 and try to make a new and better targetted comminuque to the men of today rather than just change the look of the bottle (as they've done with reissues), because the juice they have here is not ordinary, but sensitive, extremely intelligent and beautiful.

There are plenty of men out there who would take well to this. Women too. Let's not beat about the bush with this - Insense is an intriguing masculine but would also make an irresistible feminine.

In any case however, it's time for secure men to come out and claim what was originally made with them in mind.

Thumbs up for me.

Giv1952
Giv1952

I'm totally agreed with Gwizz, this one is too avant - garde, it shoud have been a Bomb if Givenchy kept it and launched for now. I love this fragrance so much

Gwizz
Gwizz

A gorgeous male floral that was unfortunately way ahead of its time. Released in the early 90's when male fragrance was moving in a different, homogenized direction of woods, spices and aquatics, and also woefully let down by a bizzare marketing campaign, Insense never stood a chance. It has been re formulated and I for one, think the folk at Givenchy have done a nice job with the remake. I have both, and I do prefer the original, but I'd take either at a pinch. You'll find older bottles of this on eBay without great difficulty, you just need to have deeper pockets...
Insense is kind of a floral/green chypre, shimmering with aldehydes and bedded down on a beautifully warm aura of woods and incense at the base. Staying power and projection are also fantastic, especially in the original release. Elegant, mysterious, contemplative and unusual. It was a totally original 'masculine' in its day and I'd have to say, nothing's changed. Other than the gradual squashing of gender derivation. It would suit the ladies of today as well, no question. Love with a capital L!

Mohamed Taha

Indeed it is the masterpiece from Givenchy

Mohamed Taha

This is an excellent fragrance of Givenchy; but nowadays unfortunately this nice perfume not found in shops, why?

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

An aromatic fougere fruity, a masterful balance of a true classic.
The blackcurrant and lavender speak the same language, the same tone, seem to twins in a luminous aura of aldehydes with a clean floral aromatic accord which makes it all balance out.
After this, the floral touch to just keep enriching this fougere ending with a slight woody touch, only to close with a golden key as is the color of this precious liquid.

elaheahsan
elaheahsan

My daddy has it and he loves it.It's my favorite too(of course for men!)actually I prefer Creed aventus
but anyway,I think it's the best of Givenchy.

Bbjr
Bbjr

After everything I've read about this (I've never tried this one) I was very skeptical due to all the references to this being a floral. And florals and me don't go together. Well I've since tried it and I have no idea how Givenchy accomplished this masterpiece but it's a masculine floral unlike anything I've ever smelled. It's like a spice on top of the flower and it's stunning. I can't even describe the dry down but I can smell the floral all the way through and it doesn't bother me at all. This is clearly a masterpiece for all time although it may not have been a big seller. I'd love to say bring it back but you just know it wouldn't smell the same. I believe many scents can be remade to be decent interpretations, I just can't see it happening here. Only one Insense.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I, too, am a huge fan of this fragrance and its uniqueness. I have to admit, the first time I smelled this, I hated it.. I was fairly new to the fragrance thing, and all I could smell was something like brown dead hay and dead leaves. I even gave away my mini. But I didn't give up on this. With everyone praising this so much, I just had to see if the emperor was naked for myself.

Gradually I began to smell the florals....like super dense immortelle. It definitely had a distinct sweetnesa hiding in its heart somewhere. Month after month, I kept sniffing it.
After about a year, I started to smell what others apparently always had. This is now one of my spring floral favorites. Completely different from other florals, becauae there is nothing feminine about this. Yes, flowers are not only for women anymore, Anita. This is my kind of scent.
I do have to add one thing. I see black currant is the note that people smell most. Either I dont know what black currant smells like (entirely possible) or everyone is.crazy, because I get like zero fruit from this.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

This one is amazing! I just tried it today and want to know who the idiot is that discontinued this. Who needs Amouage Gold Man when you have this gem of a floral? No civet in here. Opens with mixed florals, not positive which ones but then quickly transforms into a solid beautiful lavender. Later, the fir begins to creep through to show its face and blend with the florals and then the florals fade and the fir takes over. This stuff is marvelous!

shreif
shreif

Amazing they shouldn't discontinue or reformulate this stuff .
It's one of that's perfumes wich make you say I want to smell like this from the first sniff .

manos1965
manos1965

If you can pass the first hour that smells very female its an incredible perfume for spring with exellent longevity and sillage

CGV
CGV

Pure beauty! This so nice and sophisticated. Beautiful floral with the perfect masculine touch. Too much can ovepower you so use it intelligently. Perfect for spring. Sunny, bright atmosphere is being spread by this. Makes your mood raise to utter happiness! Together with Nino Cerruti from 1979 this is the nicest floral male scent I know. A class act!

seanvik
seanvik

Good cologne. Beautiful floral notes which I can't decipher floral notes individually. What does magnolia smell like? IDK. This dry down is unbelievable. They definitely do not make them like this anymore. Rich, sweet and sappy. Insense makes me want to search out some older colognes.
Insense smells amazing!

lakkiirfan
lakkiirfan

very sad, its discontinued now.

Chaz1
Chaz1

One of the very best finds for me since venturing in the fragrance world over the last year. I actually didn't know it existed and bought it blind. It's been the most surprising and highest quality of scent I've ever encountered. One reason is because its different than anything I own. I'm very glad its now a part of my wardrobe.
A true Gem.

sussex2
sussex2

My introduction to Insense provided me with one of those rare and welcome occurrences - a perfumed Wow! moment.

I'm not sure which year the fragrance I have is from. Its contained in the rounded edge bottle so I'm guessing its the older formula.

A complex floral that reminds me mostly of geranium – although that note isn't listed on fragrantica's “main accord” listing. The dry down is still floral but with a gentle smoky musk hovering about the periphery.

Insense is quite different to anything else I own. But, I can honestly say its one of the best masculine fragrances I have tried; not surprising, then, that Givenchy have stopped making it ;).

ed
ed

Insense is a beautiful, unique fragrance. It's warming and well... delicious. It's also nostalgic for me because it was the first fine fragrance I ever owned.

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

A real masterpiece 5/5 !

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

Really a true masterpiece. I received today a bottle that I bought on EBay (50ml) and what a fantastic fragrance, so sad it has been discontinued, this perfume beat all that new perfumes that are in the market today, specially all that "sports" fragrances.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A floral for men? Either there's something wrong with my nose or my sample didn't really have this in it. I didn't get the floral notes at all - to me it is primarily musky/animalic. Something's wrong, here! Maybe the perfume went "off."

tymanski
tymanski

this is a fantastic spring frag. floral yet grounded somewhere between fougere & chypre country. green & herbal with the elegance of magnolia & muguet: a bit dandyish but truly life-affirmingly good. a blind buy that really delivered. i lucked out on a vinatge bottle, so can't say anything about the re-issue.

I've only tried the original version, first doing a dab sampling and then a regular one. This is quite floral, almost like a florist's shop! In fact, I was thinking that Tumulte Pour Femme is like the cold weather version of this one. The strong florals last quite a while, at least an hour, and then continue for several more at a lower volume. The resinous/citrus quality comes forward and after a while is at least as strong as the florals, which persist for a long time. There is a bit of a fruit juice quality to this, but it's not sweet. It's certainly unique in the "masculine" scent world and deserves its name (which has nothing to do with incense), because this combination of notes doesn't make any sense to me. I don't really find this especially pleasant, complex, or interesting (since I've got several "women's" scents with strong florals that I prefer), so I think it will either "hit the spot" for you or you won't like it. At this point, I look at my bottle and think to myself that I doubt I'll reach for it again.

fredericoreuter
fredericoreuter

I love the smell of it and have been wearing it for more than a decade but I havent been able to find it in stores. Where can I find it?

Garyjames
Garyjames

This is one of those where I need to wait out the top notes before I can enjoy it. On first application it reminds me of this flowery-soapy bubble bath my mom had when I was a kid. Once it dries down it's a warm, linear affair that I find pleasant, but not particularly wonderful.

VanAllan
VanAllan

A must have, imo, for every serious collector...one of the latest remaining kings of flower-aromatic kingdom. Strong, bitter citruses floating around a smooth yellow flowers field, finding peace in a deep forest, that radiate confidence and calm in the same time.
It's somehow funny and surprising for me to discover that the more I try new fragrances the less I care about them and always return to the Golden Age frags, when perfumery was more an art than pure chemistry strongly marketed. This is Not for the 1 Million/Fuel for life fans though...
My humble rank 8.0/10. ☣☣☣

The_Drake
The_Drake

This is one helluva fragrance and my favourite floral by far. Impressive longevity and projection.

Endymion
Endymion

I have a tester bottle and the text says on the back:

FLORAL-WOODY-AMBERED

Vetiver

MarkStar
MarkStar

A masterpiece!

This is the smell of hot bright sunshine on a cloudless blue-sky day in the still slightly chilly and crisp early days of spring...

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Givenchy Insense is one of the most powerful fragrances I've ever smelled. Its too mature and strong. Opening is like a slap on your face too much harsh spices then dries down into mellow powdery yet oriental/spicy tones. It is not a bad fragrance but in modern times it seems to be quiet outdated. I think Givenchy did right to turn it off. It's for the age group above 50. And yes one thing more the trail of this perfume reminds of Santos de cartier.
I give it 5 out of 10.

frye8144
frye8144

I love this fragrance. It is floral and soapy. I am also picking up a little smoky incense. Extremely nice and clean. Definitely reminds me of the soaps from the '90s. Very sad it is discontinued, but I did manage to buy a 50 mL bottle today from my favorite shop.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I can only concur with "KRMARICH" review.

I am proud owner of a won ebay bid of one of the 2nd release phased (ugly bottle) ones that I have received just today at work.

Nothing can beat an olfactory time-warp of a scent you have missed for so long (I have not smelled it in over 10 years) and sniffing the first sharp, sour, aldehydic whiff immediately catapulted me back to the early to mid 90ies clubbing days, when life was young and fun!

This is eternal youth in a bottle, a never ending fountain of crisp cold water, drunk on white morning flowers, that ooze their juices and scents into the ether yearning to let loose like wild horses.

I love the soapy, sour, peppery, floral tang. Ironically it is not a sweet fragrance, or just when you are about to smell a sweet floral that sour note catches you away and throws you like a "jongleur" into the air, confusing you like a Harlekin-Caspar, laughing, as you are now smelling sour, soapy, peppery something so unique!!

Best for use in winter turning to spring (when the weather is crazy).

A TRUE MASTERPIECE (and arguably the male answer to AMARIGE)

krmarich
krmarich

This was the most sublime and perfect release from Givenchy for all time. So what if it was a commercial failure? Fragrance is not a popularity contest. Its a catch 22. If you sell too much, everyone will smell the same. If sales are poor, no demand and the product is relegated to a niche market. Insense is definity a niche fragrance. Its perhaps the first and only floriental for men.

I grabbed up a bottle at a closeout store and felt it was my signature forever. I used it sparingly and wisely. Its composition was superb-aldehydes, citric accords, lavender, magnolia, pistachio flower(no joke!), iris and lily of the valley all wrapped in a dry cedar-gum mastic package that cannot really be described. It was romantic, clean and intelligent. Nothing has ever ventured in this territory again. Its pure light that shimmers off of your skin.

Then came the flankers that failed to capture its brilliance. Ultimately Givenchy removed it from the market and offered it in a deformulated ugly bottle. Judging from the comments below, it is much loved. I will add my love and only hope it gets relaunched as it was. This time call it "Radiance".

marcioelaura
marcioelaura

The best men's fragrance of all time! I use it for more than 19 years. I realy loved it. And I'm really sad because he is no longer sold.
"Such a shame it's been discontinued.
GIVENCHY, PLEASE BRING IT BACK!" by blueberry

Es el mejor perfume masculino de todos los tiempos!! Lo uso a mas de 19 anos. Yo realmente amaba este perfume. Estoy realmente triste porque no lo venden mas.
" Es una vergüenza no ser mas fabricado.
POR FAVOR GIVENCHY, TRAGA-LO DE VUELTA!" por blueberry

E o melhor perfume masculino de todos os tempos! Eu uso ele a mais de 19 anos. Eu realmente amava esse perfume. Estou realmente triste porque nao o vendem mais.
"E uma vergonha na ser mais fabricado.
POR FAVOR GIVENCHY, TRAZ ELE DE VOLTA." por blueberry

jtd
jtd

I lucked onto this one. I’d read Luca Turin’s thoughts on Givenchy’s Insensé and was intrigued though I’d never tried it. While visiting San Francisco I found it in a tiny kiosk-sized perfume shop.

Smitten. This is my favorite perfume.

One slice of Insensé’s beauty is that I can smell the constituent parts even as I take in the whole picture with a clarity unlike any other fragrance. It’s floral, aldeydic, ambery, woody, herbal. I can smell its fougère shape. I can put together the bergamot, amber and moss and see the chypre. I can isolate the cedar. It’s not the new-style cedar that was about to become the Lutens signature. It smells like cedar essential oil, a high-pitched timber along with a sharp oiliness that reminds me of the sound of an oboe. The layering in Insensé is spectacular. High to low: galbanum & aldehyde, lily of the valley and basil, amber and cedar.

But forget the bad attempt at description. The perfume you love sweeps you up, captivates you. This one grabbed me by the balls. Not my sole barometer of fragrance quality, but certainly telling.

Here's my hypothesis about Insensé. Yes, a masculine floral is doomed to failure. But it would never have existed at all as a feminine release. It would have been less handsome. Odd notes like an oily cedar and a bracing basil would never have been included. The reach of the florals would have been curtailed. Maybe it didn’t fail because it was a floral for men, but because it was the best of classical perfumery (disparate elements, focused complexity, beauty greater than one-note prettiness) launched at the point in men’s fragrance where cool met sport.

A note on reformulation. I believe there have been at least two versions. The first, in the Amarige bottle, is everything I’ve just described. Flawless. The second, in the rounded rectangular bottle, is lovely as well, but they clearly tried to butch it up a bit. Less aldehyde, less muguet, more amber. Still spectacular.

calina
calina

This is possibly one of the most under-rated male fragrance (along with Feeling Man by Jil Sander) of all time. Launched at a time when fresh aquatic scents crowded the shelves, Insense was deemed to fail with its loud yellow box, odd surfboard looking bottle and further crippled by a man laughing in a field of yellow flowers campaign. Unable to set a tone that men can relate to, its marketing was a complete fiasco.

The scent itself is unconventional (and still is) and amazing on skin - a combination of sharp citrus, basil and floral aldehydes. Sadly, back in the 90's, men were not prepared to smell like this. It bombed miserably, and quickly ended up in bargain bins selling at dismal prices within a few years.

Fast forward to the 2000's, it became available again (in Switzerland of all places), in the same yellow box, but in a flat retangular shaped medicine bottle with a simple black round cap (taking cues from Chanel). It is undoubtedly a reformulation with less herbal intensity and projection, but still fairly close to the wonderful original nevertheless. Again, the 2000 edition came and went as nobody seems to care for it.

Now comes the Mythical edition, which is tweaked and diluted yet again. Nice fancy bottle but more like a pale hommage to the original.

In conclusion, think of the original as the eau de parfum (winter wear), the 2000 edition as the eau de toilette (spring and warm autumn) and the Mythical edition as eau de cologne (summer fragrance). Personally, I own multiples of all 3, since I know it will disappear again in the near future.

I love it to bits - always have and always will. It is an unloved hidden gem that is so unique, yet still way ahead of its time.

blueberry
blueberry

INSENSE is indeed a rare beauty.
A perfect Sunday fragrance - suitable for church and spiritual moods. This is a very true rendition of the insense mixture that you can smell during church piety. It does not contain the "incense" note per se, ad despite its name it's not "nonsensical" at all, but a perfectly blended composition to produce the church incense aroma in which herbs play a major role.
Absolutely UNISEX in my book.
I would perceive it even as floral chypre, cause I am pretty sure I can detect oakmoss in it.
Fantastic longevity and sillage.
Such a shame it's been discontinued.
GIVENCHY, PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

123kickapoogirl
123kickapoogirl

Found this in a lot of perfumes at an antique store, my new delightful hobby. No "homme" on it, so my jaw dropped indeed finding that this is a male fragrance. Yes, women can rock this scent. Intense at first, but such a wonderful range of scent notes. I may not have the nose descriptions you all have, but recently I put a couple of drops on the hanky I wipe the sweat from my face at work as a nursing assistant, and it is wonderfully... oh my. Uplifting. Renewing. I encourage any strong woman to try this, and other subtle, well blended male scents. Guess I'll be cherishing this one much more now, seeing how rare it is.

kisherceg
kisherceg

Those were the days when these funny yellow boxes/bottles were everywhere, even in the kiosks on the street (and I was much younger :) !

The box was funny-colored but its content was very serious. Aldehyde-flowery (still masculine), clean-fresh, sensuous and uplifting scent of Insensé was different from any other and far-far ahead of its time!!
In the 90's Insensé was my first real perfume and absolutely the favourite for many years. Unfortunately around the 2nd Millenium it was discontinued in my country.

The new "mythical edition" from 2007 is a little bit different.
2 months ago I've got the Mythical relaunch from U.K. and I was so excited that I can't tell you.
Now I have both version, I have a lighter Splash (oblique shaped) and 2 bottles of edt from this yellow boxed (rectangular shaped with black cap).
The first sniff from the newest Mythical version was a little bit suprising...
The new Insensé more herbal (and still lighter than the original) although it stayed strongly flowery and different from any other.
Either of them you choose you'll be noticed and asked what this pleasant,unusual scent is ;-)

oxm
oxm

After so long, I used Insensé Givenchy and I must say that in the midst of new fragrances, it's always a great figure.Al first spray it is captured by notes of aldehydes and the roar of citrus, I do not know if it's the lavender or currants black but at times seems to feel the characteristic smell of Fahrenheit: Insensé even if it has something of sandy and grassy, its color is yellow with spring summer that his time would also be suitable to wear this fragrance boasts royalty , and magnificence.
Very good, to try ...

skeptic_nose
skeptic_nose

the idea behind this fragrance is great . make a male floral . when i think about this , i imagine a gentle scent , delicate , yet masculine , fresh , green , little sweet....something like happy heart from clinique or romance(female) by ralph lauren. the idea was so good . but the doing was a disaster . a floral , in my humble opinion , can't be agressive like insense . the aldehydes are like a knife cutting your nostril . very,very acrid . reminds me something alcoholic,like a cognac or alike . after the "friendly" opening , insense turns into a very linear green sharp scent which tires the nose quickly .

Insensè (original)

Insensè is beautiful. An incredibly compelling and quite complex masculine floral that's so well executed and perfect to always leave me stunned whenever I smell it / wear it. It's a shame that they discontinued it but I understand why. In fact this was one of the most niche-like perfumes in the mass market / designer range and it didn't have the commercial feedback it surely deserved. Unique, complex, refined and sophisticated yet not affected. In my opinion Insensè represents a sort of apotheosis of the floral masculines with it's tremendous balance between mystery and cleanness, depth and lightness, elegance and versality. Clean and soft florals and aldehydes on a misterious resinous/balsamic base. One of the best drydown ever. A perfect composition and possibly one of the best masculine floral around together with Caron's Le Troisieme Homme.

Recently reformulated and reissued.

According to Givenchy, the notes are as follows-

TOP: black currant, mandarin, basil
HEART: magnolia, muguet, iris, lentiscus
BASE: Fir balsam resin

It was released as a male conterpart to Amarige, and was a bit unusual for the time as it was mostly floral.

Being a big fan of this House, I was quite happy when a friend gave me a 7.5 ml mini of this (likely from the late 90s) that he thought had "turned"; luckily for me, it had not. One of the things I have noticed about "vintages" and older scents is aldehydes can often smell almost sour in the bottle, or even bitingly bitter; but after the juice hits the skin, the aldehydes disapate and all you have left is absolute lovliness...

The opening is very aldehydic, but immediately transforms (in under a minute) to something tart and sweet and warmly green. Almost edible in its deliciousness, Insense transforms from something interesting to something divine when the flowers appear. Subtly sweet magnolia and cool iris and sheer green lily of the valley create a lovely floral green accord that becomes uniquely gorgeous when the lentiscus appears. Lentiscus is another name for mastic gum, an aromatic resin from an evergreen tree in the pistachio family. It was used as everything from medicine, to a breath freshener (when chewed) and (A Ha!) incense. An amazingly resinous sweet and non-camphorous resin...it really catches the idea of incense and smokiness without the heat of "burning". On me, the mastic note runs over the flowers, but you don't hear me complaining...this is AWESOME! The drydown stays resiny and gets a bit more aromatic and heavy with the balsam fir resin, but does NOT smell sappy or sticky; just aromatic. Amazing!!

Sillage: very good
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 4.75/5

Givenchy always does things nicely, but this (along with many of their older perfumes) resonates quality, class and depth. Unlike anything on the market today, THIS is worth searching out, and investing in, for sure! Exceptional...

lovescully
lovescully

It's taken me a long time to post this review because I really think this is a scent you have to warm to!

This is really a very sharp masculine floral, but it's got a certain warmth that softens the sharpness down to a dull roar!

Seriously though, this does take some getting used to. It's not your standard masculine fragrance at all! Very, very floral fresh in the opening, but it does calm down to a very beautiful herbal drydown.

Very, very beautiful masculine smell! Floral, herbal, fresh fragrance.

This has over time, become one of my most cherished fragrances. Not just because you cant find it anymore, but because it's quite beautiful!

vfomino
vfomino

Boy, amazing fragrance !
I had one and I used it for 10 years ! Could not find it again, as I was said it is not produced any more !
BIG mistake!
but...
I found 2 bottles on AMAZON and I will get them at beginning of February. I am soooo exited I will have it again !

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

Adorable flowers for men! One of the best florals ever made for man. Must have for a male perfume collector. The staying power is great, the linear flower and fir notes keep you uplifted all day long, especially in a rainy autumn day.

guest_narigudo
guest_narigudo

confesso que fiquei meio decepcionado com o insensé . a espera foi longa , e a decepção na mesma medida . achei delicado demais . é muito "mulherzinha" . esperava uma fragrância mais aberta , ou exótica como o insensé ultramarine . sem falar que muitos desodorantes copiam . não é ruim . tem seu charme , mas faltou o além . faltou ser mais givenchy . comparando com femininos , eu ficaria com o romance ou o lauren , ambos da ralph lauren . têm mais personalidade , além de serem excelentes. mesmo assim , os colecionadores de plantão devem prová-lo e usá-lo .

guest_90lover
guest_90lover

o insensé voltou a ser vendido pela givenchy . agora ,juntamente com outras fragrâncias , estrategicamente chamadas de mitícas , este floral delicado , leve e incomum é vendido apenas em frascos de 1ooml , padronizados e muito bonitos. numa era uniforme na perfumaria masculina , é uma excelente fuga do banal.

guest_laith
guest_laith

i think that its stupid to cut such a wonderfull perfume
i hope it will return back to market

murysusanto
murysusanto

Amazing scent, very unforgetable and sparkling back in the days. Sweet, sharp at first then blend in nicely with body tone. Would want to buy if these were produce again, just to unite with vintage men's perfume.

mado17
mado17

I used to have this wonderful cologne, nicely smelling, long lasting and really amazing..it has a note of Jasmine, althought not mentioned. 2 bad things about it, first my skin was a bit alergic to it (which only relates to me!) and it was sorrowfully discontinued. A real treasured to be missed

marysasmiro
marysasmiro

I love this men's fragrance. In life, along these years, I am fascinated by some men's perfume. Fahrenheit by Dior, Bvlgari Pour Homme, Terre by Hermes, Comme Des Garcons 2 and this perfume. Insense by Givenchy brings back some memories. First love story back then in 1993. Sadly this perfume is discontinued in my country. Lucky I still got the miniature. It's only half bottle left. It's ok, I sniffed it sometimes...and the memory lingers. Such a refreshing but yet an elegant scent.

guest_pedro marques
guest_pedro marques

for the lovers of this spectacular fragrancy you can still buy it on a very serious ebay member called jf1528.i have buy more than 10 items and all of them were impecable send to me.he got some botles of insense.It is not on is portfolio but he nows were to get it.send him a email

minimalist
minimalist

Beautiful,salty,breezy and different. I want it again I ran out of it!

Castor
Castor

A floral nightmare making me feel cloyed and chocked.

I gave it a try on a full wear, but I could not stand it. Base notes were not that bad, but I did not feel comfortable at all.

I think it is good as a curiosity, or maybe for those enjoying floral masculine scents.

Edit: I got an inherited bottle - my parents were perfumistas, as I am. So there it was, the signature scent of my Father in Law. Difficult to get, I kept the bottle. And gave it a second a chance. And I was not dissapointed. Yes, florarls are there, but the drydown is very masculine, besides the fact it was manufactured before IFRA's regulations. It eels complex, round, etc.

Fund a new bottle in a drugstore. Without giving it a second thought, I bought it.

As I said before, don't take these reviews too seriously.

Archaic
Archaic

Top notes are horrible. Acrid. But after 10 minutes, it transform into a floral for men. Strong sillage, longevity is also good (around 5 hours). I was actually imagined I was taking a nap under a shady tree beyond the yellow meadow field; when wearing this. Freaking Insense. Ohh ya... insense means foolish in French.

hernie
hernie

no puedo creer que esta maravilla de la perfumería no se fabrique más. Lejos, lo mejor de Givenchy aunque pelea cuerpo a cuerpo con Xeryous Rouge (otro perfume espectacular)
Lamento realmente que no lo fabriquen más.

shamus1
shamus1

Insense is absolutely brilliant, like nothing I've ever smelled before in men's perfumery. It's got the sharp dryness in its top notes like a fougere (I smell lavender and wood), but a floral heart. Think of it as Paco Rabanne blended with Chanel No. 5. Some guys might think it's too feminine for a guy to wear. Baloney. The floral notes are very prominent, but it's blended with some nice wood notes, which makes it very abstract and elegant. Its longevity (about 8 hours on my skin) and radiance (prominent buy never loud) are perfect. I hear that Insense didn't sell well at all back in the 1990's when it was released. I'm really glad Givenchy decided to reissue this masterpiece, and hope they keep it in their lineup.

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

I agree! I love this scent! My bottle was stolen off of a moving truck and I cannot stand it still, lol. I bought another but it had to be an impostor! Why can't the just bring this back as it was WAY ahead of it's time. It would do so well in a market where every men's scent smells the same as the next.

mikeann
mikeann

The best man's floral and sweet scent.
It is incredible for the romantic spring weekends. Same that it can't be found in stores any more.

Insense by Givenchy 4.36 out of 5 based on 294 ratings and 60 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Insense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Insense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Insense by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Insense by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.