Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Insense Givenchy for men
dislike

Insense Givenchy for men Videos
Insense Givenchy for men Pictures Insense Givenchy for men Pictures

Insense by Givenchy is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Insense was launched in 1993. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniel Moliere. Top notes are aldehydes, black currant, lavender, mandarin orange, bergamot, lemon and basil; middle notes are magnolia, lily-of-the-valley and iris; base note is fir.

Aldehydes Black Currant Lavender Mandarin Orange Bergamot Lemon Basil

Magnolia Lily-of-the-Valley iris

Fir

Insense Fragrance Reviews

Sanskilainen
Sanskilainen

Uplifting and green floral that is certainly unisex, not a classic fougere in my books. The fir makes it a tad masculine, I agree, but it has nothing of the after shave vibe some fumes of this type can have. Floral and sweet scent for men was obviously ahead its time in '93. It somehow still is. I strongly recommend trying to get a drop of this for your collection, just to get to know it. There is something breezy in it, could be the basil herbal touch. A scent much more complicated than it looks, and in a great way.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This review is for the vintage juice!

Insense by Givenchy is a really nice fragrance marketed for men containing many floral notes. Very much so that it is unusual but it works.

I get the basil, magnolia & lilly of the valley. This is such a green swampy fragrance. It smells of wet, swampy waters where gators, & bullfrogs reside in the midst of the damp forest.

I get between 6-8 hours of longevity out of this with arms reach projection. I enjoyed this particular aquatic fragrance which I normally don't tend to pursue, but it was so unique I had to have it until I got bored with it & sold it. Nice to have & get especially in it's vintage form.

philball
philball

I think this fragrance was before its time and people just weren't ready for it, hence the reason it's been discontinued. I remember buying this twenty or so years ago and absolutely loving the scent but feeling very self-conscious because I found it so floral. I wouldn't give wearing it now a second thought. I wonder if Givenchy will bring this gem back?

Rick Bennett
Rick Bennett

From a 3/4 full vintage bottle bought recently on Ebay.
I have a tendency to try and find the positives in too many fragrances I think, so maybe risk reviews being taken seriously. However, this is so good, so full and "healthy" and sunny, so deliciously spirit lifting, so... scrummy... I can't find the words. It just smells great, reminds me of happy, life affirming things, and makes me feel great wearing it.
Without wishing to plagiarise others' comments here, this is what I get in terms of notes : dense, waxy aldehydes (I increasingly love this note, but still can't really describe it), rich, red fruitiness swirling with floral notes, berries and flowers together, and something green and fresh (this part fades over time). I'm a serial oversprayer, but even I learned 3 (OK 4) is enough to brighten up almost your whole day. I'm not a great advocate of "seasonality", but if pressurised I'd say a summer, daytime scent, only because it's so pregnant with bright, vibrant, rich life.
Can't believe Givenchy stopped making this, but there you go.
Love it.
June 2016

the_badger

I am starting to appreciate this perfume more and more with each wear.
Every time I spray this on, I can hear the all glorious song "Aria on Air" (British Airways theme) ringing in the background.

Sheza
Sheza

Thank you to a dear fragrantican for this sample. On first sniff I didn't know this was gents fragrance but i instantly thought it has the feel of something like elixir de merveilles so was reminded of fougeres. I get aldehydes, lavender and pine with a hint of lemon. It's slightly too masculine for my taste but on a man who likes his fumes to lean more feminine this would be perfect. Good sillage and longevity

ScentedRomeo
ScentedRomeo

Insensé this beautiful gem, a masterpiece that was not considered one when it first came out in 1993 but now pretty hard to acquire the vintage yellow juiced bottle without having to pay a good coin for it online. But if you can get this vintage juice you will not be disappointed.
This may have soft floral accords as part of the make up of this fume but it is so well done that you won't smell like a bouquet of flowers from your favorite florist. This to me is more green than floral, a little herby but not too much. Balmy smooth like velvet, & some reviews mention Caron's Le 3rd Homme and I do get that, not that the smell is similar but the nuance, that velvety undertone. This little gem has nothing that could compare it to anything generic and synthetic smelling and I have to give perfumer Daniel Molinere great credit for creating such fabulous perfume so ahead of its time. Niche?,... well in terms of great artistic wizardry...Yes, aside from Givenchy's Vetiver in the men's line both the vintage and the current Mythics Parfumes formulations, which are my favorites this one would be up there with them.
Insensé for me in performance is way above average and the scent beautiful and unique. If you are a fragrance collector and you're able to acquire this gem, IMHO this is a must-have.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - aldehydes, lavender & basil.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently.

VanMarlton
VanMarlton

Not a review, just a revelation of sorts. I was confused for awhile why Givenchy would have an "Insense" scent without actually having any incense. Then I looked up the meaning of the word in French. Insense translates as "foolish". Just though I would throw it out there :)

bailão
bailão

I have it and I don't regret my purchase although it's very difficult and expensive to put your hands on it.

Insensé it's a formidable floral/fir/aldehyde men fragrance without being girly or even synthetic. It's a fragrance that everytime I wear, uplifts my mood! On designer market, it's the alltime best floral based fragrance for men!

Pretty good longevity (+-8h) with a very decent sillage and projection (+-3hrs).

Such a shame that it has been discontinued...

Overall: 9/10

faramarz

i heard Givenchy relaunched this fragrance. can anybody confirm?! dont know they reformulated it or not anyway! (as they do always with good perfumes! stupid firms!)

Tom Petitgrain
Tom Petitgrain

I too just received a vintage bottle of this that I bought for next to nothing. Bright, crisp lemon at first that dries down into an enduring floral somewhat reminiscent of a masculine version of Rochas's Tocade minus the rose. Scintillating is a word for this one. Terrific rounded bottle that fits right into your hand.

pontifex maximus
pontifex maximus

Just picked up a vintage 50ml new in box bottle for next to nothing. I especially like the opening on this, it's like an explosion of deep freshness. The fragrance than dries down to something mostly piney on my skin. I will be on the lookout for another
bottle.

nexangelus
nexangelus

This is one of the most gorgeous aldehydes ever! Fruity, fresh, sharp, green and extremely crisp. It is clean but it has this sunny, uplifting effect. I happen to love the blackcurrant note/accord, so this appeals in heaps. I am surprised more ladies are not claiming this for theirs. Although the discontinuation might have something to do with that. It is not as harsh and stone cold as some of the feminine labelled aldehydes like Chanel no.5 for example, this is way more wearable for me. Blazed through a 50ml vintage. A bit sad to be on my last dregs, but there will be other bottles, there always is...

Loubella
Loubella

This was my husbands fragrance until it was discontinued. I have just bought him a travel set from ebay, with soap, shower gel and eau de toilette to check that he still loves it.I had forgotten how good it is and am now hunting for a large bottle. It is a true classic,inimitable,distinguished but with an edge.The aldehydes and basil,with green florals remind me of Paco Rabanne Metal,(for women),another sadly discontinued gem.

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

I spray Givenchy Insense in the morning and I don't have to worry about morning traffic or work stress. It is therapeutically calming and relaxing. Please don't get me started on the smell, versatility, bottle design, sprayer...etc, Let me put it in one simple word- Perfection!

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

93 P - floral pencil
Insensè clearly is one of the very very best fragrances of the poor decade of the 1990ies. The producers of the best fragrances make so many substantial mistakes, they either phase out, or screw them up. The Marine version is still available everywhere, but it is nothing even halfway reaching the performance of the original Insensé.
God forbids that Givenchy will not re-launch Insensé, without having screwed it up, well noted.

Buy Insensé where ever you can if you like soapy spice floral. The make-art is just perfect, there are few fragrances with such a perfect synthesis/ structure. A marriage of soapy and spicy floral with a soft woody-cedar-pencil note, fully round and harmonic. The woody notes actually recall the great Nino Cerruti pour homme, but are considerably softer.

I wore Insensé every day in fall 1993 during the first months of my business life. So I am keeping a very personal memory with this great fragrance though I never fully fell in love with it like e.g. with Balmain Ebène or Aigner Silver. But is is very very very very very good.

is this discontinued?!

Mohsin Dadarkar
Mohsin Dadarkar

Floral and the sametime masculine and unique. I have used hundreds of perfumes but nothing is comparable to Insense. This perfume takes me back into my childhood.

Insensé
Insensé

There is a kind of man that never can be reached. He is independent, solitaire, and tenderly aloof, his soul always on the edge. Everybody wants him, and he wants nothing. I'm thinking of Rimbaud in Charleville, young, adventurous, with an entire life to come; or in the magnificent character of Lord Sebastian Flyte, from Evelyn Waugh's "Brideshead Revisited".

Such man is beautiful, cultivated, artistic. But, most of all, he does not care about correctness.

Insensé, from Givenchy, is definitely the most beautiful perfume for men ever made. After testing hundreds of classic and new, it remains inimitable for me. And decomposing its structure by notes or by stadiums will not give you the whole idea, if you don't test it yourself.

For me, it is decadence, perdition and abandonment. And yet, a happy feeling emerges when I wear Insensé.

When he's lost his heart and then his head, the French say he's 'Insensé'. Reader: my nickname was taken from this merveille. I am Insensé.

mohamed badran

عطري حين تقدمت لخطبة زوجتي الحبيبة منذ حوالي عشرين عاماً . كان غاية في الثراء و البهجة و الجمال . لن أنساه أبداً و حزين كل الحزن علي توقف انتاجه من شركة جيفينشي.

mohamed badran

This was my proposal perfume for about 20 years ago. It was very rich and soft . Very sorry. That its company stopped producing this. Hope find again .

joe38
joe38

Specifically floral, fruity fragrance man!
The biggest problem is not at all available ....
It may also be unrealistic price on eBay ...
Indeed, it is incomprehensible that such a highly sought after and unique
scent withdrawn from service .......
I hate the barrier marketing !!
Ingenious composition which is edited perfection !!
Full harmony, wonderful ingredients, intelligent design .....
Is it that you do not need right ........
Is there a way that you do not need more ......
Only Insensé!

the_badger

Another one of the "discontinued gems from the past". It's good, definitely ahead of it's time. There is however one thing that bothers me, it's got a plasticky/synthetic note that can really come off as cheap. Luckily, this is not really perceptible when smelled from a distance. Performance is nothing to be amazed with either. To sum it up, I don't think it's worth what they are asking for nowadays but it's still a very good fragrance, reminds me of Chanel Allure Homme line. I haven't smelled Le parfum mystique's version but I hope they took care of that aldehyde note.

Carnation
Carnation

Somewhat sour opening. Then a slightly sweet soapy note that dominates. Slightly balsamic in the dry down but for the most part a clean fragrance that smells like body wash with a woodsy,sweet type of clean.

sesa_53
sesa_53

üniversite yıllarımda kısa bir müddet kullandım. kesinlikle yanlış bir seçim oldu benim için. 30+yaş bi parfüm. ama erkeksi kokun ve kalıcılığı çok çok iyi.

Le_Coeur_Gothique
Le_Coeur_Gothique

There was a very famous bank robber in Greece during the '70s, who used to enter the robbed-to-be bank with a sawed-off unloaded shotgun hidden inside a posy of sword lillies. And yes, bank robbers can achieve rock star status, cause banks, directed by vampires in expensive suits, are not exactly the most popular establishments. He also used to give the flowers to the ladies working in the bank, before running away with the money.
He got caught, escaped prison, flew to another continent, got caught again, and during his deportation flight he gifted fragrances bought in the duty-free shop to every hostess on board, leaving them wondering whether he was a shipowner or an oilman. Or both.
He died at the age of 35, following the "live fast, die young" motto to a tee.
Every time I spray some of this short-lived quirky little gem on me, I feel like I'm ready to enter a bank along with him and run with the money.
And on a sunny, yet frigid January morning some years ago, vintage Insensé on a paper strip was one of the two best things I've ever smelled in my life.
Having the guts to do something just because you can, will always be a solid example of insolence yelled in the face of norms and poise. Insensé came and went unnoticed, scorned by the defenders of uber masculine fragrances, for it smelled like walking in a forest in early spring or late winter, while holding a bunch of blue flowers in one hand. The fact that a rifle was in the other didn't seem to be in its favour. All the more that it was not there for hunting.
A brave little soul, which left its gentle mark by the pen, in a world echoing with the clang of swords and the roar of faddish waves. And despite its failure to smoothly conquer it, it will always be acknowledged for its gallantry and whim.
For it did. And they didn't...

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

Cytherian, gedlive & Colin Maillard made extremely relevant reviews of Insensé and convinced me to go on a hunt for a blind buy. I was lucky to find a bottle of the first formulation in the original bottle (if I'm not mistaken there has been 3, including Les Parfums Mythiques). I was worried of the quality of the juice since it's been many years but it is simply... wonderful!

Fruity without being childish, floral without being stereotyped as feminine. Add a coniferous aura and that soapy-lemony aldehydes touch and you have a gorgeous fragrance from a house that made classics now vintage (Gentleman, Monsieur, Xeryus & Insensé). So far, Givenchy made the most intoxicating aromatic fougère with this one & Xeryus.

This fragrance is not exuberant, but pure audacity in male perfumery. I don't think I ever came across anything close to this subtle yet bold mixture. A commercial flop apparently, but...

Best kept secret... the best things are not the most popular ones!

xaml
xaml

@Mohamad I think that companies should begin to realise that they have a responsibility to maintain their products apart from solely producing new, new, and more new, while most of what came before drifts into obsolecence.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

Tayyabshahbaz:

Production has ceased, but you can always grab a bottle of the original version (and by far the best) by going to eBay. There are always a couple of bottles for sale. Make sure though that you go with one shaped like the one pictured on Fragrantica.

Tayyabshahbaz
Tayyabshahbaz

Can any one please tell me that it is still available? i have heard that the company has discontinued its production?

cytherian
cytherian

Just got myself a tester bottle of this. I'm not sure if it's the last release or previous... there doesn't seem to be any obvious bottle marking differences.

I was surprised to find that this is very much like Houbigant Duc de Vervins. I ditched the Houbigant, because I found it soapy and harsh...

Insense has aldehydes in it, so there would some soapy quality, but Moliere balanced it well here. The lavender is strong enough to keep the lily-of-the-valley from dominating. I don't really pick up any berries. Mine may be a later release.

This is really nice. I need to wear it some more before I make up my mind on it.

gedlive
gedlive

In my opinion is the #1 mens floral aromatic of the past 50 years.

The Basil note is much stronger than shown in fragrantica pyramid. My two vintage (tester) bottles say Ambered. A wonderful chord is struck here, the earthy warmth of Basil and Amber, with the bright and realistic Lilly of the valley. My Mom was a florist and as kids she asked us to go in the woods and pick Lilly of the valley for her wedding personal bouquets. As kids we thought the Lilly of the valley flowers were the best smelling of them all.

What I can say about the floral scent has not been said. I used to go with my Mom to the flower wholesalers in down town Manhattan. What you smelled inside were the green stems of the flowers as well as the floral smell, 50/50%. That's what Insense smells like mostly green floral notes, like the stems of cut flowers.

Lush realistic florals with an undertone of a mossy/ basil accord. Pungently delicious.
One reviewer discribed it as a blend of Paco Rabanne pour homme (vintage) and Chanel No 5. My first impression was, that description is quite accurate. I find it less feminine as many have discribed and more green than I expected from the reviews. The 4 flower notes used, give a more green floral scent, than traditional feminine florals. The olfactory floral arrangement is uniquely pleasant, just perfect.
The black currant note is not so fruity but ammoniac like note, but with the mandarin orange and aldehydes make for a bright and pleasant fruity accord.
There is a gloomy aldehidic tart/ greeness with a fruity, piney, lilly of the valley breez permiating.
There is an important note here not listed, but in basenotes. It is the white resin from the mediteranian Lentiscus shrub. ( piney)
Wearing this, I feel I'm on a nostalgic journey to a wonderfull place in a time gone by. "A tremendous balance between cleanness and mystery", alfarom.

A classic masterpiece of perfumery, never feels dated in a negative way. Like a classic Porsche, with timeless lines.

I was on a bike trip through the woods last week to York PA. Miles of honey suckle bushes just filling the air with wild flowers and greeness, it smelled so good and reminded me of " Insense'".

Rating: 10/10. 1993 + 2000 editions. ( vintage)

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Insensé is one of the many fragrances I shamefully underrated for a long time, I guess for my lack of experience and proper taste. I always misjudged this in the past, always trying it quickly from samples or decants, and always ending up in considering it only a really nice albeit a bit boring and kind of heavy sort of “overly feminine fougère”; I am really glad I grabbed a deal recently and got a small 30 ml bottle of this some days ago, so that I had the chance to wear this at its fullest and give it a proper chance. And I got, as they say, a true “epiphany” about this – from mild enthusiasm to sudden devoted worshipping. It is indeed the hyped masterpiece many rave about, and the hype is fully justified. Actually, no, it even gets way less hype than it should. For me, Insensé has now jumped straight on top of the – however limited – chart of the best floral fragrances for men ever made, because it is hands down one of the best, if not the best one ever. And easily among the best masculine offerings in general ever made. Luca Turin once mentioned two key features of this, which perfectly reflect what I also strongly felt while full wearing this the first time: “melancholy and mystery”. It is exactly how I also view Insensé: this a dramatically romantic, rich and slightly decadent scent which stunningly blends decades of masculine and feminine perfumery in an enigmatic, completely new, clever, breathtakingly creative and above all, irresistibly good unisex floral blend. Which indeed smells mysteriously “different” from anything else. Like a prism, it reflects echoes of perfumes ranging from Cristalle, to Diorella, to Caron’s 3rd Man.

The smell is complex but seamlessly beautiful: there is a rich heart symphony of green herbs and flowers refreshed by a subtle fruit-pine breeze, contrasting a deeply dark, smoky base accord of woods and aldehydes which provide “weight” and baroque gloominess to flowers and herbs. The overall feel is soapy, smoky, lightly waxy, aldehydic to the bone, floating between a nostalgic green-chypre powderiness and a fresher, more austere balsamic-woody feel of many classic fougères. Not simply a juxtaposition of different styles, just a true rewriting using selected key notes and accords from all those inspirations. It may sound simple or boring, it’s definitely not: as I said it’s truly a sort of triumphant gathering of decades of perfumery blending together to compose this incredibly handsome, unique mosaic. Distinctive, bracing and sophisticated in a quite peculiar, decadent way to say the least, probably also quite “gothic” to a certain extent: surely “not for the faint of heart”. Totally worthy the high prices. Leave that shitty niche boutique and save your money for this.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

This is a strange one. Not many male scents use aldehydes. The only other one that I can think of is Chanel AHS. With the Chanel most people get an orange smell but I get a lemon bomb due to the aldehydes. I get the same lemony smell from this one for the first few hours. Mixed with lemon,bergamot and black currant the citrus vibe is present throughout the duration of the scent. The fir and florals give it a totally new dimension and a very pleasant one might I add. It adds a sharp and potent quality that lasts forever. I can see why some mention it as a masterpiece but sometimes I like it and other times I love it. Too bad that the perfumer only has one other male scent. I wonder what happened to him.

Rerik
Rerik

Givenchy Insense is the sexiest floral scent for men.
The first book version of this perfume says that it was created for the youth. It was created far ahead it´s time. Today G.I. would be a disco nighttime bomb.
Florals and men are far apart spreading parts.
But women love this scent.
This is a beautiful composed floral scent.
Sweet Fir plays the main part.

This is a sex bomb. On a level with Le Male, 1 Million, la nuit, even better.

What a pitty, I can´t stand the top notes with those bad composed aldehydes... :(

Is there any alternative?
Difficult to tell. None which is 1:1 like Insense.
Floral topics: Alain Delon Iquitos, Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis, Faberge Macho, and almost all Mark Buxton creations.

Edit:
Aurore Nomade by The Different Company seems to be the most similar fragrance which comes to my mind.

CGV

GIVENCHY, PLEASE RELAUNCH THE ORIGINAL FORMULA!!!!

CGV

Its springtime again and there's nothing that shines more beautifully than Insensé at this time of the year. Wonderful flowers with that fir/vetiver drydown....unforgettable! This ranks on Nr 1 of my Top 3 designer releases (2: Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2011), 3: Aramis Havana)

smora
smora

A really interesting scent, a male flowery fougere. I can only recall Caron 3 Homme as virile flowers.
Although this is not my kind of perfumery I was astonished by the positive vibes of the crazy Givenchy. I'm not a fan of bright aldehyde kick, but everything upon is magic.
A fruity symphony of black currant with classic lavender and magnolia flower, rounded with some piney twist.
Very romantic, fragile and happy scent. Progressive, but again it respects some classical fougere form. Pity it's no longer with us.

Scentrack: Pet Shop Boys - Being Boring

Rating: sunny *****

Lesser
Lesser

Hand me this soap please!

Just got a sample of this amongst a handful off samples. Given that this fragrance has been discontinued from The manufacture I always find it intriguing to try these discontinued fragrances. That goes for many of the people's choices from the 90s and 00's. this is another Pearl that I have come by and to be honest comparing too many other fragrances I do not understand why the factory discontinues this one. some of the discontinued fragrances are pretty awful and I understand why they per se were is continued. others want just not exciting enough and play be even the market set new standards for the fragrance business.

I have tried this on a perfume strip and not on my skin since I tried out several fragrances up the same time.

So what do I get out of this fragrance?
My first impression of this fragrance is the very green and very citrusy opening that quickly opens up a bouquet of flowers including Magnolia and Iris and I would also suggest that there is a jasmine in this one? also you get a sensation of the black currents that definitely I'll present in this fragrance and it is almost like a concentrated smell off blackcurrant juice.
Data if develops into a more lingering scent off a classic soap bar or cream soap and when you all wearing this you actually feel very clean like if you just stepped out of the bath. and it keeps on going on the classic soap bar scent in the dry down.

contrary to my expectations when I first encountered this fragrance I actually like it and I'm actually surprised myself that I like it. I have never come across such a soapy fragrance that reminded me of the cream soap when I was a little boy and it brings back those memories of my grandma's apartment and her love for Maja handmade soaps.
if you want to smell like you have just taken a bath for the whole day in the summer, fall or spring this is definitely the one to go for - if you are lucky enough to find a bottle amongst The collectors or you are lucky on eBay. Or maybe you even got this in your collection.. I really hope you do.

Overall 6/10 ..now hand me the soap..

sweefa
sweefa

I came by an old bottle with about one third left in it and, though I'm a woman, I'm wearing it right now. It starts sparkling herbal fresh like a most lovely combination of a conifer forest on a chilly early morning and some cinnamon, then moves to a mix of smooth flowers with just a tad of iris-powder. And yes, there is black currant to detect but this not any fruit juice, just think of an elegant berry aroma without any sweet- or sourness. But the actual point is - all the way through the other notes rest on a bed of a noble conifer aroma with a tiny hint of fresh peppermint leaves, warmed by cinnamon. I like every phase of this fragrance but the oldschool balsamic base is a highlight by itself. What a refined and well blended fragrance. I feel good wearing it but still wouldn't call it unisex. To me this a real distinguished gentleman fragrance.

dootzie6
dootzie6

The original: I lucked into this thru my son who got the big bottle set so gave me the little travel bottle that came w/it. This was back when, it took me awhile to try it b/c it's a men's fragrance & i generally stick to my own gender in perfumes, but when i did finally i just fell in love with it. It is sparkling & uplifting (aldehydes & citrus), herbally - which basil is my fave herb & the drydown is incredible. So i got my own big bottle & do treasure it. Givenchy has produced some great frags throughout the years & this is one!! Yes women can wear this v successfully.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Givenchy has so many amazing fragrance's with a high-quality notes. Orginal Insensé stands tall with a unique aroma. This juice is delicately balanced with black current and floral notes. Both lavender and Lily of the valley gives this juice a real aromatic/sweet/green aroma. Green notes gives this juice a lively frag with a warm tone making it ABSOLUTELY STUPENDOUS!
After it settles I enjoy a hint of herbal/woodsy notes of fur and basil.
Longevity and Silage is superb lasting well past 10hrs.
I totally agree with everyone who wants Givenchy to bring this juice back but don't butcher it if it ever goes into production.
They don't make fragrance's like this one, I have to spend 2x more money to get a fragrance in the same class as Insensé. I hope that they bring it back, a PHENOMENAL old school juice. Perfect during the spring throughout the summer and into early fall. Being a sweet/warm vib don't be surprised if your partner becomes excited ☺
Rating this frag....9/10

silentman26
silentman26

Intriguing, bold, original. With a big blast of black currant and basil ... joined by magnolia, Lilly of the valley, iris and lavender ... Insense ... was ahead of its time ... a pioneer of floral scents for men ... now, with all the above one expects a more feminine scent ... but when fir needles and a very earthy patchouli come in ... all bets are off! Unique, strong, high quality scent ... with epic sillage ... longevity and projection at beast mode ... A modern masterpiece!

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

I actually love the commercial for this. It's nice to see men being marketed to in a way that is fun, playful, and romantic, instead of always needing to be a macho badass.

One problem I sort of have is that the identity of Insensé is a little muddled. The packaging, the commercial, and the name Insensé (French for "foolish" and "senseless", not incense) suggest that this fragrance will be a bright, sweet, citrus-floral for men, which is not exactly the case. Disappointingly, the bottle is completely milquetoast and doesn't really fit in to the identity of this fragrance.

As for the scent, it is fresh, pleasant, and high-quality, but not as wildly different and innovative as I was expecting. I was excited to try this men's floral, but it doesn't really smell like a floral. It's more of a fruity-aromatic. There's loads of blackcurrant, mostly juicy and fruity, with the catty-urinous facets present but definitely toned down. Lavender and fir make Insensé smell natural and outdoorsy. The floral notes are not really perceptible or noticeable. There is a heaping helping of aldehydes in this fragrance, which smell very soapy and make the composition feel more classical than modern. Sillage is good but longevity is slightly below average. Although I wouldn't buy a full bottle of Insensé, I would love it if more men were open to wearing this kind of scent.

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

Bright, aldehydic and green but also fresh and complex. From my vintage bottle, I get a rather discreet, and quite sophisticated floral arrangement that would equally suit an evening at the opera as it would a stroll down the promenade by Lake Geneva in early Autumn.

I can understand why early marketing attempts failed to draw men to this fragrance. Mindsets have changed a little now though, so Givenchy should get over 1993 and try to make a new and better targetted comminuque to the men of today rather than just change the look of the bottle (as they've done with reissues), because the juice they have here is not ordinary, but sensitive, extremely intelligent and beautiful.

There are plenty of men out there who would take well to this. Women too. Let's not beat about the bush with this - Insense is an intriguing masculine but would also make an irresistible feminine.

In any case however, it's time for secure men to come out and claim what was originally made with them in mind.

Giv1952
Giv1952

I'm totally agreed with Gwizz, this one is too avant - garde, it shoud have been a Bomb if Givenchy kept it and launched for now. I love this fragrance so much

Gwizz
Gwizz

A gorgeous male floral that was unfortunately way ahead of its time. Released in the early 90's when male fragrance was moving in a different, homogenized direction of woods, spices and aquatics, and also woefully let down by a bizzare marketing campaign, Insensé never stood a chance. It has been re formulated and I for one, think the folk at Givenchy have done a nice job with the remake. I have both, and I do prefer the original, but I'd take either at a pinch. You'll find older bottles of this on eBay without great difficulty, you just need to have deeper pockets...
Insensé is kind of a floral/green chypre, shimmering with aldehydes and bedded down on a beautifully warm aura of woods and incense at the base. Staying power and projection are also fantastic, especially in the original release. Elegant, mysterious, contemplative and unusual. It was a totally original 'masculine' in its day and I'd have to say, nothing's changed. Other than the gradual squashing of gender derivation. It would suit the ladies of today as well, no question. Love with a capital L!

Mohamed Taha

Indeed it is the masterpiece from Givenchy

Mohamed Taha

This is an excellent fragrance of Givenchy; but nowadays unfortunately this nice perfume not found in shops, why?

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

An aromatic fougere legitimate.
Insense is a classic and at the same time distinctive scent opens with a lavender chord as all fougere, but has its differential, is incorporated into this a bright and rich golden aldehydes and a fruity touch by currant, clean and tasty, a sensation of bath taken but very rich and differentiated.!
This part is predominant throughout the drying process, which appear together semi powdery almost floral nuances and also means becoming green, giving a more subtle and refined clean touch, a gold perfume, as is the color of this precious liquid, unfortunately discontinued.

elaheahsan
elaheahsan

My daddy has it and he loves it.It's my favorite too(of course for men!)actually I prefer Creed aventus
but anyway,I think it's the best of Givenchy.

Bbjr
Bbjr

After everything I've read about this (I've never tried this one) I was very skeptical due to all the references to this being a floral. And florals and me don't go together. Well I've since tried it and I have no idea how Givenchy accomplished this masterpiece but it's a masculine floral unlike anything I've ever smelled. It's like a spice on top of the flower and it's stunning. I can't even describe the dry down but I can smell the floral all the way through and it doesn't bother me at all. This is clearly a masterpiece for all time although it may not have been a big seller. I'd love to say bring it back but you just know it wouldn't smell the same. I believe many scents can be remade to be decent interpretations, I just can't see it happening here. Only one Insense.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I, too, am a huge fan of this fragrance and its uniqueness. I have to admit, the first time I smelled this, I hated it.. I was fairly new to the fragrance thing, and all I could smell was something like brown dead hay and dead leaves. I even gave away my mini. But I didn't give up on this. With everyone praising this so much, I just had to see if the emperor was naked for myself.

Gradually I began to smell the florals....like super dense immortelle. It definitely had a distinct sweetnesa hiding in its heart somewhere. Month after month, I kept sniffing it.
After about a year, I started to smell what others apparently always had. This is now one of my spring floral favorites. Completely different from other florals, becauae there is nothing feminine about this. Yes, flowers are not only for women anymore, Anita. This is my kind of scent.
I do have to add one thing. I see black currant is the note that people smell most. Either I dont know what black currant smells like (entirely possible) or everyone is.crazy, because I get like zero fruit from this.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

This one is amazing! I just tried it today and want to know who the idiot is that discontinued this. Who needs Amouage Gold Man when you have this gem of a floral? No civet in here. Opens with mixed florals, not positive which ones but then quickly transforms into a solid beautiful lavender. Later, the fir begins to creep through to show its face and blend with the florals and then the florals fade and the fir takes over. This stuff is marvelous!

shreif
shreif

Amazing they shouldn't discontinue or reformulate this stuff .
It's one of that's perfumes wich make you say I want to smell like this from the first sniff .

manos1965
manos1965

If you can pass the first hour that smells very feminine its an incredible perfume for spring with exellent longevity and sillage

CGV

Pure beauty! This so nice and sophisticated. Beautiful floral with the perfect masculine touch. Too much can ovepower you so use it intelligently. Perfect for spring. Sunny, bright atmosphere is being spread by this. Makes your mood raise to utter happiness! Together with Nino Cerruti from 1979 this is the nicest floral male scent I know. A class act!

seanvik
seanvik

Good cologne. Beautiful floral notes which I can't decipher floral notes individually. What does magnolia smell like? IDK. This dry down is unbelievable. They definitely do not make them like this anymore. Rich, sweet and sappy. Insense makes me want to search out some older colognes.
Insense smells amazing!

lakkiirfan
lakkiirfan

very sad, its discontinued now.

Chaz1
Chaz1

One of the very best finds for me since venturing in the fragrance world over the last year. I actually didn't know it existed and bought it blind. It's been the most surprising and highest quality of scent I've ever encountered. One reason is because its different than anything I own. I'm very glad its now a part of my wardrobe.
A true Gem.

sussex2
sussex2

My introduction to Insense provided me with one of those rare and welcome occurrences - a perfumed Wow! moment.

I'm not sure which year the fragrance I have is from. Its contained in the rounded edge bottle so I'm guessing its the older formula.

A complex floral that reminds me mostly of geranium – although that note isn't listed on fragrantica's “main accord” listing. The dry down is still floral but with a gentle smoky musk hovering about the periphery.

Insense is quite different to anything else I own. But, I can honestly say its one of the best masculine fragrances I have tried; not surprising, then, that Givenchy have stopped making it ;).

ed
ed

Insense is a beautiful, unique fragrance. It's warming and well... delicious. It's also nostalgic for me because it was the first fine fragrance I ever owned.

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

A real masterpiece 5/5 !

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

Really a true masterpiece. I received today a bottle that I bought on EBay (50ml) and what a fantastic fragrance, so sad it has been discontinued, this perfume beat all that new perfumes that are in the market today, specially all that "sports" fragrances.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A floral for men? Either there's something wrong with my nose or my sample didn't really have this in it. I didn't get the floral notes at all - to me it is primarily musky/animalic. Something's wrong, here! Maybe the perfume went "off."

tymanski
tymanski

this is a fantastic spring frag. floral yet grounded somewhere between fougere & chypre country. green & herbal with the elegance of magnolia & muguet: a bit dandyish but truly life-affirmingly good. a blind buy that really delivered. i lucked out on a vinatge bottle, so can't say anything about the re-issue.

I've only tried the original version, first doing a dab sampling and then a regular one. This is quite floral, almost like a florist's shop! In fact, I was thinking that Tumulte Pour Femme is like the cold weather version of this one. The strong florals last quite a while, at least an hour, and then continue for several more at a lower volume. The resinous/citrus quality comes forward and after a while is at least as strong as the florals, which persist for a long time. There is a bit of a fruit juice quality to this, but it's not sweet. It's certainly unique in the "masculine" scent world and deserves its name (which has nothing to do with incense), because this combination of notes doesn't make any sense to me. I don't really find this especially pleasant, complex, or interesting (since I've got several "women's" scents with strong florals that I prefer), so I think it will either "hit the spot" for you or you won't like it.

Why not buy something like Blenheim Bouquet if you want pine, a bit of resins, and some florals to soften things up a little (in terms of the drydwon)? Why do some guys really like those strong florals that open things up in Insense? Perhaps it's the "novelty factor." By contrast, if possible, I'd rather get what I'm seeking within the first ten minutes or so, assuming it has reasonable longevity, of course.

fredericoreuter
fredericoreuter

I love the smell of it and have been wearing it for more than a decade but I havent been able to find it in stores. Where can I find it?

Garyjames
Garyjames

This is one of those where I need to wait out the top notes before I can enjoy it. On first application it reminds me of this flowery-soapy bubble bath my mom had when I was a kid. Once it dries down it's a warm, linear affair that I find pleasant, but not particularly wonderful.

VanAllan
VanAllan

A must have, imo, for every serious collector...one of the latest remaining kings of flower-aromatic kingdom. Strong, bitter citruses floating around a smooth yellow flowers field, finding peace in a deep forest, that radiate confidence and calm in the same time.
It's somehow funny and surprising for me to discover that the more I try new fragrances the less I care about them and always return to the Golden Age frags, when perfumery was more an art than pure chemistry strongly marketed. This is Not for the 1 Million/Fuel for life fans though...
My humble rank 8.0/10. ☣☣☣

The_Drake
The_Drake

This is one helluva fragrance and my favourite floral by far. Impressive longevity and projection.

Endymion
Endymion

I have a tester bottle and the text says on the back:

FLORAL-WOODY-AMBERED

Vetiver

MarkStar
MarkStar

A masterpiece!

This is the smell of hot bright sunshine on a cloudless blue-sky day in the still slightly chilly and crisp early days of spring...

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Givenchy Insense is one of the most powerful fragrances I've ever smelled. Its too mature and strong. Opening is like a slap on your face too much harsh spices then dries down into mellow powdery yet oriental/spicy tones. It is not a bad fragrance but in modern times it seems to be quiet outdated. I think Givenchy did right to turn it off. It's for the age group above 50. And yes one thing more the trail of this perfume reminds of Santos de cartier.
I give it 5 out of 10.

frye8144
frye8144

I love this fragrance. It is floral and soapy. I am also picking up a little smoky incense. Extremely nice and clean. Definitely reminds me of the soaps from the '90s. Very sad it is discontinued, but I did manage to buy a 50 mL bottle today from my favorite shop.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I can only concur with "KRMARICH" review.

I am proud owner of a won ebay bid of one of the 2nd release phased (ugly bottle) ones that I have received just today at work.

Nothing can beat an olfactory time-warp of a scent you have missed for so long (I have not smelled it in over 10 years) and sniffing the first sharp, sour, aldehydic whiff immediately catapulted me back to the early to mid 90ies clubbing days, when life was young and fun!

This is eternal youth in a bottle, a never ending fountain of crisp cold water, drunk on white morning flowers, that ooze their juices and scents into the ether yearning to let loose like wild horses.

I love the soapy, sour, peppery, floral tang. Ironically it is not a sweet fragrance, or just when you are about to smell a sweet floral that sour note catches you away and throws you like a "jongleur" into the air, confusing you like a Harlekin-Caspar, laughing, as you are now smelling sour, soapy, peppery something so unique!!

Best for use in winter turning to spring (when the weather is crazy).

A TRUE MASTERPIECE (and arguably the male answer to AMARIGE)

krmarich
krmarich

This was the most sublime and perfect release from Givenchy for all time. So what if it was a commercial failure? Fragrance is not a popularity contest. Its a catch 22. If you sell too much, everyone will smell the same. If sales are poor, no demand and the product is relegated to a niche market. Insense is definity a niche fragrance. Its perhaps the first and only floriental for men.

I grabbed up a bottle at a closeout store and felt it was my signature forever. I used it sparingly and wisely. Its composition was superb-aldehydes, citric accords, lavender, magnolia, pistachio flower(no joke!), iris and lily of the valley all wrapped in a dry cedar-gum mastic package that cannot really be described. It was romantic, clean and intelligent. Nothing has ever ventured in this territory again. Its pure light that shimmers off of your skin.

Then came the flankers that failed to capture its brilliance. Ultimately Givenchy removed it from the market and offered it in a deformulated ugly bottle. Judging from the comments below, it is much loved. I will add my love and only hope it gets relaunched as it was. This time call it "Radiance".

marcioelaura
marcioelaura

The best men's fragrance of all time! I use it for more than 19 years. I realy loved it. And I'm really sad because he is no longer sold.
"Such a shame it's been discontinued.
GIVENCHY, PLEASE BRING IT BACK!" by blueberry

Es el mejor perfume masculino de todos los tiempos!! Lo uso a mas de 19 anos. Yo realmente amaba este perfume. Estoy realmente triste porque no lo venden mas.
" Es una vergüenza no ser mas fabricado.
POR FAVOR GIVENCHY, TRAGA-LO DE VUELTA!" por blueberry

E o melhor perfume masculino de todos os tempos! Eu uso ele a mais de 19 anos. Eu realmente amava esse perfume. Estou realmente triste porque nao o vendem mais.
"E uma vergonha na ser mais fabricado.
POR FAVOR GIVENCHY, TRAZ ELE DE VOLTA." por blueberry

jtd
jtd

I lucked onto this one. I’d read Luca Turin’s thoughts on Givenchy’s Insensé and was intrigued though I’d never tried it. While visiting San Francisco I found it in a tiny kiosk-sized perfume shop.

Smitten. This is my favorite perfume.

One slice of Insensé’s beauty is that I can smell the constituent parts even as I take in the whole picture with a clarity unlike any other fragrance. It’s floral, aldeydic, ambery, woody, herbal. I can smell its fougère shape. I can put together the bergamot, amber and moss and see the chypre. I can isolate the cedar. It’s not the new-style cedar that was about to become the Lutens signature. It smells like cedar essential oil, a high-pitched timber along with a sharp oiliness that reminds me of the sound of an oboe. The layering in Insensé is spectacular. High to low: galbanum & aldehyde, lily of the valley and basil, amber and cedar.

But forget the bad attempt at description. The perfume you love sweeps you up, captivates you. This one grabbed me by the balls. Not my sole barometer of fragrance quality, but certainly telling.

Here's my hypothesis about Insensé. Yes, a masculine floral is doomed to failure. But it would never have existed at all as a feminine release. It would have been less handsome. Odd notes like an oily cedar and a bracing basil would never have been included. The reach of the florals would have been curtailed. Maybe it didn’t fail because it was a floral for men, but because it was the best of classical perfumery (disparate elements, focused complexity, beauty greater than one-note prettiness) launched at the point in men’s fragrance where cool met sport.

A note on reformulation. I believe there have been at least two versions. The first, in the Amarige bottle, is everything I’ve just described. Flawless. The second, in the rounded rectangular bottle, is lovely as well, but they clearly tried to butch it up a bit. Less aldehyde, less muguet, more amber. Still spectacular.

calina
calina

This is possibly one of the most under-rated male fragrance (along with Feeling Man by Jil Sander) of all time. Launched at a time when fresh aquatic scents crowded the shelves, Insense was deemed to fail with its loud yellow box, odd surfboard looking bottle and further crippled by a man laughing in a field of yellow flowers campaign. Unable to set a tone that men can relate to, its marketing was a complete fiasco.

The scent itself is unconventional (and still is) and amazing on skin - a combination of sharp citrus, basil and floral aldehydes. Sadly, back in the 90's, men were not prepared to smell like this. It bombed miserably, and quickly ended up in bargain bins selling at dismal prices within a few years.

Fast forward to the 2000's, it became available again (in Switzerland of all places), in the same yellow box, but in a flat retangular shaped medicine bottle with a simple black round cap (taking cues from Chanel). It is undoubtedly a reformulation with less herbal intensity and projection, but still fairly close to the wonderful original nevertheless. Again, the 2000 edition came and went as nobody seems to care for it.

Now comes the Mythical edition, which is tweaked and diluted yet again. Nice fancy bottle but more like a pale hommage to the original.

In conclusion, think of the original as the eau de parfum (winter wear), the 2000 edition as the eau de toilette (spring and warm autumn) and the Mythical edition as eau de cologne (summer fragrance). Personally, I own multiples of all 3, since I know it will disappear again in the near future.

I love it to bits - always have and always will. It is an unloved hidden gem that is so unique, yet still way ahead of its time.

blueberry
blueberry

INSENSE is indeed a rare beauty.
A perfect Sunday fragrance - suitable for church and spiritual moods. This is a very true rendition of the insense mixture that you can smell during church piety. It does not contain the "incense" note per se, ad despite its name it's not "nonsensical" at all, but a perfectly blended composition to produce the church incense aroma in which herbs play a major role.
Absolutely UNISEX in my book.
I would perceive it even as floral chypre, cause I am pretty sure I can detect oakmoss in it.
Fantastic longevity and sillage.
Such a shame it's been discontinued.
GIVENCHY, PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

123kickapoogirl
123kickapoogirl

Found this in a lot of perfumes at an antique store, my new delightful hobby. No "homme" on it, so my jaw dropped indeed finding that this is a male fragrance. Yes, women can rock this scent. Intense at first, but such a wonderful range of scent notes. I may not have the nose descriptions you all have, but recently I put a couple of drops on the hanky I wipe the sweat from my face at work as a nursing assistant, and it is wonderfully... oh my. Uplifting. Renewing. I encourage any strong woman to try this, and other subtle, well blended male scents. Guess I'll be cherishing this one much more now, seeing how rare it is.

kisherceg
kisherceg

Those were the days when these funny yellow boxes/bottles were everywhere, even in the kiosks on the street (and I was much younger :) !

The box was funny-colored but its content was very serious. Aldehyde-flowery (still masculine), clean-fresh, sensuous and uplifting scent of Insensé was different from any other and far-far ahead of its time!!
In the 90's Insensé was my first real perfume and absolutely the favourite for many years. Unfortunately around the 2nd Millenium it was discontinued in my country.

The new "mythical edition" from 2007 is a little bit different.
2 months ago I've got the Mythical relaunch from U.K. and I was so excited that I can't tell you.
Now I have both version, I have a lighter Splash (oblique shaped) and 2 bottles of edt from this yellow boxed (rectangular shaped with black cap).
The first sniff from the newest Mythical version was a little bit suprising...
The new Insensé more herbal (and still lighter than the original) although it stayed strongly flowery and different from any other.
Either of them you choose you'll be noticed and asked what this pleasant,unusual scent is ;-)

oxm
oxm

After so long, I used Insensé Givenchy and I must say that in the midst of new fragrances, it's always a great figure.Al first spray it is captured by notes of aldehydes and the roar of citrus, I do not know if it's the lavender or currants black but at times seems to feel the characteristic smell of Fahrenheit: Insensé even if it has something of sandy and grassy, its color is yellow with spring summer that his time would also be suitable to wear this fragrance boasts royalty , and magnificence.
Very good, to try ...

skeptic_nose
skeptic_nose

the idea behind this fragrance is great . make a male floral . when i think about this , i imagine a gentle scent , delicate , yet masculine , fresh , green , little sweet....something like happy heart from clinique or romance(female) by ralph lauren. the idea was so good . but the doing was a disaster . a floral , in my humble opinion , can't be agressive like insense . the aldehydes are like a knife cutting your nostril . very,very acrid . reminds me something alcoholic,like a cognac or alike . after the "friendly" opening , insense turns into a very linear green sharp scent which tires the nose quickly .

Insensè (original)

Insensè is beautiful. An incredibly compelling and quite complex masculine floral that's so well executed and perfect to always leave me stunned whenever I smell it / wear it. It's a shame that they discontinued it but I understand why. In fact this was one of the most niche-like perfumes in the mass market / designer range and it didn't have the commercial feedback it surely deserved. Unique, complex, refined and sophisticated yet not affected. In my opinion Insensè represents a sort of apotheosis of the floral masculines with it's tremendous balance between mystery and cleanness, depth and lightness, elegance and versality. Clean and soft florals and aldehydes on a misterious resinous/balsamic base. One of the best drydown ever. A perfect composition and possibly one of the best masculine floral around together with Caron's Le Troisieme Homme.

Recently reformulated and reissued.

According to Givenchy, the notes are as follows-

TOP: black currant, mandarin, basil
HEART: magnolia, muguet, iris, lentiscus
BASE: Fir balsam resin

It was released as a male conterpart to Amarige, and was a bit unusual for the time as it was mostly floral.

Being a big fan of this House, I was quite happy when a friend gave me a 7.5 ml mini of this (likely from the late 90s) that he thought had "turned"; luckily for me, it had not. One of the things I have noticed about "vintages" and older scents is aldehydes can often smell almost sour in the bottle, or even bitingly bitter; but after the juice hits the skin, the aldehydes disapate and all you have left is absolute lovliness...

The opening is very aldehydic, but immediately transforms (in under a minute) to something tart and sweet and warmly green. Almost edible in its deliciousness, Insense transforms from something interesting to something divine when the flowers appear. Subtly sweet magnolia and cool iris and sheer green lily of the valley create a lovely floral green accord that becomes uniquely gorgeous when the lentiscus appears. Lentiscus is another name for mastic gum, an aromatic resin from an evergreen tree in the pistachio family. It was used as everything from medicine, to a breath freshener (when chewed) and (A Ha!) incense. An amazingly resinous sweet and non-camphorous resin...it really catches the idea of incense and smokiness without the heat of "burning". On me, the mastic note runs over the flowers, but you don't hear me complaining...this is AWESOME! The drydown stays resiny and gets a bit more aromatic and heavy with the balsam fir resin, but does NOT smell sappy or sticky; just aromatic. Amazing!!

Sillage: very good
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 4.75/5

Givenchy always does things nicely, but this (along with many of their older perfumes) resonates quality, class and depth. Unlike anything on the market today, THIS is worth searching out, and investing in, for sure! Exceptional...

lovescully
lovescully

It's taken me a long time to post this review because I really think this is a scent you have to warm to!

This is really a very sharp masculine floral, but it's got a certain warmth that softens the sharpness down to a dull roar!

Seriously though, this does take some getting used to. It's not your standard masculine fragrance at all! Very, very floral fresh in the opening, but it does calm down to a very beautiful herbal drydown.

Very, very beautiful masculine smell! Floral, herbal, fresh fragrance.

This has over time, become one of my most cherished fragrances. Not just because you cant find it anymore, but because it's quite beautiful!

vfomino
vfomino

Boy, amazing fragrance !
I had one and I used it for 10 years ! Could not find it again, as I was said it is not produced any more !
BIG mistake!
but...
I found 2 bottles on AMAZON and I will get them at beginning of February. I am soooo exited I will have it again !

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

Adorable flowers for men! One of the best florals ever made for man. Must have for a male perfume collector. The staying power is great, the linear flower and fir notes keep you uplifted all day long, especially in a rainy autumn day.

guest_narigudo
guest_narigudo

confesso que fiquei meio decepcionado com o insensé . a espera foi longa , e a decepção na mesma medida . achei delicado demais . é muito "mulherzinha" . esperava uma fragrância mais aberta , ou exótica como o insensé ultramarine . sem falar que muitos desodorantes copiam . não é ruim . tem seu charme , mas faltou o além . faltou ser mais givenchy . comparando com femininos , eu ficaria com o romance ou o lauren , ambos da ralph lauren . têm mais personalidade , além de serem excelentes. mesmo assim , os colecionadores de plantão devem prová-lo e usá-lo .

guest_90lover
guest_90lover

o insensé voltou a ser vendido pela givenchy . agora ,juntamente com outras fragrâncias , estrategicamente chamadas de mitícas , este floral delicado , leve e incomum é vendido apenas em frascos de 1ooml , padronizados e muito bonitos. numa era uniforme na perfumaria masculina , é uma excelente fuga do banal.

guest_laith
guest_laith

i think that its stupid to cut such a wonderfull perfume
i hope it will return back to market

murysusanto
murysusanto

Amazing scent, very unforgetable and sparkling back in the days. Sweet, sharp at first then blend in nicely with body tone. Would want to buy if these were produce again, just to unite with vintage men's perfume.

mado17
mado17

I used to have this wonderful cologne, nicely smelling, long lasting and really amazing..it has a note of Jasmine, althought not mentioned. 2 bad things about it, first my skin was a bit alergic to it (which only relates to me!) and it was sorrowfully discontinued. A real treasured to be missed

marysasmiro
marysasmiro

I love this men's fragrance. In life, along these years, I am fascinated by some men's perfume. Fahrenheit by Dior, Bvlgari Pour Homme, Terre by Hermes, Comme Des Garcons 2 and this perfume. Insense by Givenchy brings back some memories. First love story back then in 1993. Sadly this perfume is discontinued in my country. Lucky I still got the miniature. It's only half bottle left. It's ok, I sniffed it sometimes...and the memory lingers. Such a refreshing but yet an elegant scent.

guest_pedro marques
guest_pedro marques

for the lovers of this spectacular fragrancy you can still buy it on a very serious ebay member called jf1528.i have buy more than 10 items and all of them were impecable send to me.he got some botles of insense.It is not on is portfolio but he nows were to get it.send him a email

minimalist
minimalist

Beautiful,salty,breezy and different. I want it again I ran out of it!

Archaic
Archaic

Top notes are horrible. Acrid. But after 10 minutes, it transform into a floral for men. Strong sillage, longevity is also good (around 5 hours). I was actually imagined I was taking a nap under a shady tree beyond the yellow meadow field; when wearing this. Freaking Insense. Ohh ya... insense means foolish in French.

hernie
hernie

no puedo creer que esta maravilla de la perfumería no se fabrique más. Lejos, lo mejor de Givenchy aunque pelea cuerpo a cuerpo con Xeryous Rouge (otro perfume espectacular)
Lamento realmente que no lo fabriquen más.

shamus1
shamus1

Insense is absolutely brilliant, like nothing I've ever smelled before in men's perfumery. It's got the sharp dryness in its top notes like a fougere (I smell lavender and wood), but a floral heart. Think of it as Paco Rabanne blended with Chanel No. 5. Some guys might think it's too feminine for a guy to wear. Baloney. The floral notes are very prominent, but it's blended with some nice wood notes, which makes it very abstract and elegant. Its longevity (about 8 hours on my skin) and radiance (prominent buy never loud) are perfect. I hear that Insense didn't sell well at all back in the 1990's when it was released. I'm really glad Givenchy decided to reissue this masterpiece, and hope they keep it in their lineup.

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

I agree! I love this scent! My bottle was stolen off of a moving truck and I cannot stand it still, lol. I bought another but it had to be an impostor! Why can't the just bring this back as it was WAY ahead of it's time. It would do so well in a market where every men's scent smells the same as the next.

mikeann
mikeann

The best man's floral and sweet scent.
It is incredible for the romantic spring weekends. Same that it can't be found in stores any more.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Insense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Givenchy Insense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Insense by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Insense by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.