Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fruity « Groups

Insense Ultramarine Givenchy for men

Insense Ultramarine Givenchy for men
dislike

I have it: 239 I had it: 187 I want it: 162 My signature: 10

Insense Ultramarine Givenchy for men Pictures Insense Ultramarine Givenchy for men Pictures Insense Ultramarine Givenchy for men Pictures

Insense Ultramarine by Givenchy is a Aromatic Fruity fragrance for men. Insense Ultramarine was launched in 1995. Top notes are black currant, galbanum, bergamot and watermelon; middle notes are magnolia, carnation, iris, mint, sage, lily-of-the-valley and cardamom; base notes are cedar, vetiver and tobacco.

Black Currant Galbanum Bergamot Watermelon

Magnolia Carnation iris Mint Sage Lily-of-the-Valley Cardamom

Cedar Vetiver Tobacco

Azure Lime
Kenzo pour Homme

Insense Ultramarine Fragrance Reviews

deja vu-gr

Does anyone know differences and similarities between this one that i like a lot and the insense ultramarine ocean cup special edition that is not listed here?
Thanks in advance

silentman26
silentman26

Invigorating and intoxicating. Sea, summer wind and salt. A blend of flowers, leaves, spices and wood. Refreshing with strong sillage and longevity. A classic by Givenchy.

farook
farook

Scrubber. Received a free bottle from the Singapore Airlines...nausea inducer.

daynierds
daynierds

starts kind of chemical and yes...synthetic a lot...I swear I felt some kind of cleaning chemicals with it and I cannot notice the so called melon note....at least a natural one....after an 30 min-1 h. it turns a bit more floral...anyway... it keeps something generic and old-school smelling I kind of deslike....I do not see it any better than nautica voyage so...do expect great things from it...but I guess few people may complain if you wear this one...I believe that are better smelling aquatics on the market...not my first option for sure

RobbieX
RobbieX

A lovely potent, floral, fruity, sweet and fresh scent. Longevity and silage are very good. I'm sure I can detect a rose note in there and the Iris is very noticeable. When it dries down, it is a really pleasant, very sweet juice. Ultramarine Insense is definitely one of the nicest and most potent of Summer scents.

Mark Antony
Mark Antony

One of the best summer frags. But like kenzo pour homme you have to wait for a little bit to realize the quality of this fragrance.it is refreshing and not overpowering so it is ideal for daily use.it gives me the sense sea combined with a distinctive sweetness.it is a unique but also a safe scent.On my skin last about 7 hours and the sillage is quite noticeable. Ending Givenchy makes some nice fragrances the last 10 years but in my opinion this one and Monsieur de Givenchy remain the best.

Manny44
Manny44

Concur with reviewer below that you have to be patient because it sprays heavyily synthetic but within 2 minutes you get a very charming fruity-floral aquatic. Heavy black currant makes this a beachy-summer variation on Silver Mountain Water in my eyes. Dig the shocking-marine blue juice. Fun in the sun!
p.s. Are people serious with the "smells like Azure Lime" thing or did someone hack the site. Love both of the frags but not sure that they have anything in common.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

I re-visited this today and I'm glad I did. Yes, you have to be patient because it goes on very strong and synthetic. But after 30 minutes it turns into a floral masterpiece. I do not get any fruit/watermelon notes. On me, it's a straight up fresh floral. Very nice for hot Texas summers .

deja vu-gr

Guys,look what happened to me with this one. When I smelled it for the very first time some years ago I liked it but not loved it (it reminded me somewhat a dated pefume,fresh but a bit dated)so i did never add it in my buy or wish list and i totally forgot it through these years but since then i have smelled hundrends and hundrends perfumes became from varius decades and that helped me to get some more clear opinion now how to appreciate scents. I smelled it again yesterday and I felt absolutely in love!!!!! It cooperated so wonderfuly with my skin and the result was magical.Don't forget that has launched during the golden decade of perfumerie. It is amazingly fresh but deep at the same time,it has superb quality of ingredients that make it so outstanding and not a typical summer blue jouice that are somehow synthetic,generic with some plastic vibe of freshness. It can be easily as an all around signature scent due to its depth. I surounded by a wonderful freshness but with manly aura of mystery and cleaness due to its depth underneath. Amazing result that made me to scream loud I WANT IT RIGHT HERE,RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Tip: Don't judge a perfume in a hurry,I did it many times in the past and this is a huge mistake. Give it a try again and again first to have a clear opinion how it works out on you and if the scent and the result fulfill your expectations before make a decision to like or dislike it.

Redbeard
Redbeard

Not so bad right in the top, actually similar to the top of the new Lanvin Vetiver. Soon becomes a chemical mess, though...REALLY bad. Hair spray, nail polish and/or remover...the smell of a busy beauty salon. By the base, there's no possible way anyone, man or woman, could want to smell like this. There's even some freshly molded plastic in there. I have no idea how they thought it would sell. And I don't like deeply colored juice either, but that's a separate issue.

fungest
fungest

ok..
its for summer days after shower or before you go to beach..but take care from first spry am really serious dont judge it before 20 minutes after that it will be ok and in the dry down very beautiful very rich..thank u mr. givenchy..
sillage moderate
Longevity very good

arzacu
arzacu

Fresh, energising, uplifting, funny... that's incensé ultramarine...

Joy and fun, it's floral, fruity, I can feel the tobbaco in the drydown, a little sweet... I find it a little synthetic and soapy but stills being like any other fragrance...

Totally, the masculine counterpart of Amarige.

A masterpiece that shouldn't have been descontinued.

And as you can see in my profile, almost all the fragrances I like are discontinued... excentric? original? I don't know, but I love the 80's and 90's fragrances, and Of course... I don't want to smell like anyone, that's why, when I found this gem, that I haven't smelled since 1998, I just got it...

It's suitable for anytime, as a day fragrance, and evening too... a masculine flower blend for summer, but at the same time, very persistent for the wintertime...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

ed
ed

I like this fragrance. It's fresh but unique. Every so slightly synthetic but less so than most 'marine' fragrances.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

In one review, I said that not all summer fragrances have to be watery and citrussy and this is the perfect example! On the first sniff, you can't believe this is a marine scent. It's strong and nearly repulsive. 10 min later and here it comes, watermelon and flowers took me instantly to the beach... Really, a perfume that someone has put an effort on making it! Nowadays, everything just seems generic!

bossontherun
bossontherun

90's is the time of masterpieces and this is one of them. Simply put!

FlirtBoy
FlirtBoy

on me it gets quite musky...in fact I do have some musk attar and this smells very similar to it, but there´s also some nice flowery-aquatic element which makes it suitable for year-round use

Isaytomato
Isaytomato

hmmm wonderful scent!! Love it from the opening through the dry down

Greg1965
Greg1965

Hi,
now this was a real disappointment for me. Not even once did I like it. Not from the opening to the drydown. Hoped for better.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

This is a light, pleasant floral/aquatic combination. I used to wear this regularly, but both notes seem a little too synthetic to me now. I've never gotten any sense of watermelon, black currant or tobacco notes as other reviewers have, nor would I classify this as "fruity". Definitely a warm weather scent. Longevity and sillage are excellent - noticeable but not overpowering. Could easily be classified as unisex.

ppokpoon
ppokpoon

According to the information on this website, Givenchy Insense Ultramarine was launched in 1995. That was the year when I bought this fragrance at a local department store for the first time, and I have been wearing it since then. It smells fresh, clean, strong and elegant. This is, in my opinion, one of the best offered by Givenchy. It is somewhat rare on the market nowadays and is no longer available at any department store in my country, but I still love to wear it. Like Prada Amber (Man), it stays on my skin for 8 or more hours. I vote for it as an excellent and top-class fragrance for men.

jestech
jestech

Everyone's skin is obviously different. I really wanted to like this one, but it literally smells like nail polish remover on my skin. Not a fan.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is good office cologne for adult people.

jameshb
jameshb

The tobacco blends with/milds the sweetness of the floral/fruit accord in a really nice way. Poor sillage on my skin.

NcomulwaziKhumalo
NcomulwaziKhumalo

I recommend this perfume for any men for it gives you confidence and it cool for summer. Women can't avoid being around your. Insense Ultramarine is my trademark!! Can't just stop using it unless someone has a better scent to change me.

nasirsaleem
nasirsaleem

My No.1 perfume !!!!!!
i luv the essence !!!

agonista
agonista

...it has something unusual in aroma - you won't find it in other perfumes...it's addictive and arresting smell...real masterpiece 10/10

attopanimba
attopanimba

In year 1998 when i was in high school, my uncle came and stay in my house for about 3 nights. I have no idea what he wear..but for sure the smells was preety good! So fresh!!! But i did'nt ask him what cologne he wear until i enter to his room and i saw the blue cologne..Givenchy insense...Gotcha!!!

At that time, i went to the store to find out how price it was..wow so expensive for me :(

Now, 2012 i'm still searching for this ultramarine. It's rare to found! I live in Indonesia and i only can easily find the latest cologne ("Play"...etc).

This perfume is absolutely masterpiece from Givenchy...I hope i can find this one!

Please help me guys for those who live in Indonesia and you know where i can find this Givenchy Insense Ultramarine

Lumiere
Lumiere

I smelled it first when it was first released-a generous tester in a western magazine. During the hungry and cold post soviet 90s this sscent seemed heavenly. My husband said: smells of Wild West. Then it seemed unattanainable. Then all of a sudden i saw it on a discounted shelf of an australian department store-here it was! The Dream! For a fraction of price. No doubt i grabbed it and proudly brought to present to my husband. He used it occasionally, though preferred his Trimaran, as always. I was left with more than a half bottle to use for myself. And I used it well-on those casual days, with jeans, blazer and pointy shoes-and a trail of Insense. It may mean foolish from French, but i always thought insense as in insense-smoky, enigmatic quality of it. People did cast surprised glances, having caught a trail of this intense aroma from me-but sure realised I am not the one to be joking with. LOL

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

I find this fragrance appealing in a very odd way. I agree with some of the criticisms that say it smells synthetic, rubber-like when first applied, and that it's a mishmash of notes. It does, however, evoke an unusual refinement that is unique; as when one enters a flower market and smells the rush of freshly cut flowers and ferns without distinguishing a particular note. Like Xeryus Rouge it is both outré and sublime. Givenchy never disappoints.

tomerits
tomerits

a truley signature fragrance,i love it,one of my all time spring/summer fav, can be worn any time of the year, great for spacial occasions.
if you want to smell different try it.
my rank 5/5.

krmarich
krmarich

It is a very bad sequel to an earlier masterpiece. How could Givenchy fail me? Watermelon, cassis and tobacco flower-thats how. It lacked the dry, floral brilliance of Insense. Instead it gets real sticky. I could almost say "quagmire". Yes, the stale cosmetic "vibe" comes on stage. It is a pure clash of symbols.

The only place it worked was outside near the pool, tending my plants on a hot summer day, alone. I doubt if one could share this and feel comfortable. No apologies are required for Insense. It is not aquatic or good, by any means. Then came all of those flankers...Insense means "foolish" and the entire history of the line illustrates this.

EDIT-7/17/2012 In the midst of this dreadful HEAT of this summer, drought and general malaise, Ultramarine works just fine. I am struggling with most of my collection, so I stuck it in the fridge, gave it a spray and it works like a charm. I think that was the original intention. It is Insense, after all! A little crazy...

calina
calina

Since many reviewers seem to like this fruity floral watermelon-y aquatic concoction, some will find my review somewhat offensive. But here it is...

Insense Ultramarine is a vain attempt to slavishly follow the 90's aquatic trend after the dismal failure of its groundbreaking and truly one of a kind original, Insense. With original Insense dead and buried within a few years, Givenchy tried to hide its wounds by relaunching it using all the done to death cliches - sporty bare chested man in the ocean, blue liquid, cap and blue box (let's ditch the yellow, guys won't touch it)... oh wait, let's call it ultramarine to emphasize the "new" aquatic aspect. Better yet, let's just copy Cool Water's campaign!!

So here it is - a comfortable, yet very familiar deja-vu that the masses accepted and bought - simply on the basis of it being accessible, safe... and of course, "blue"

But is this tweaked rehash worthy of attaching the name "Insense" to its bottle? Absolutely NOT. It is banal, offensive in an inoffensive way and worst of all, new editions keep popping with progressively uninspired names like Insense Blue Laser, Blue Sky, Ice Cube, Sport and Beach Boy. These variants also ironically echo Cool Water's various editions.

Perhaps Givenchy tried to compete with Cool Water? Or maybe they hired the same marketing company? All perfume lovers owe it to themselves to track down the original Insense and REALLY experience what Givenchy set out to do in the first place.

Insense Ultramarine is a focus group approved and confused back peddling exercise trying to desparately keep with the times with no regard for its almighty and glorious beginnings.

Blessed
Blessed

i don't know why this perfume reminds me of the smell of MAKEUP powder foundation that i smelled on my mum and other women during my childhood, i really not sure why is this fragrance was presented for Men only i think its a very uni-sex perfume with a lovely soft memory i'm using it every couple of year again and again

Cassiano
Cassiano

When we talk about Givenchy, it’s hard not to believe that is about another highest quality cologne, isn’t it? So, Insensé Ultramarine confirms that quality of this brand!

From the beginning I feel an aroma of shaving foam. Not that old type, which tends to green notes. Here, the smell is creamy and fresh, like the new shaving foams on the stores nowadays. But don’t worry, because this smell doesn’t remains for a long time on the skin, otherwise it would be too boring.

The watermelon in its top notes is quite unnoticed by me. But the mix of black currant and galbanum is more proeminent. And adorable!!
The evolution is linear on my skin, even though, it starts to get (rapidly) the freshness of mint notes and the mix of flowers. I think this is the best part of it!
In the end, despite the tobacco notes, it doesn’t bothers me at all and the smell keeps fresh and strong for hours. From its base, what detaches in an audacious manner is the cardamom.

It is a cologne with excellent duration, which brings both masculinity and modernity. However, it is not a “modern” smell, like the new ones in the market. It is something more traditional, yet timeless. 10 stars!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I dislike aquatics, not because I dislike the general concept of smelling like cool sea water on flowery tropical air, but because most aquatic fragrances come nowhere close to smelling like that. Insensé Ultramarine, however, manages to come damn close. The salty marine accord that spikes its top and middle notes is boldly pronounced against a dense and palatable mélange of fruit and flowers. A peachy rose, circumspect jasmine, and dewy magnolia/cardamom arrangement fleshes out the core of this perfume, and all are smudged against the sparkling zip of calone and synthetic ambergris in the base. A bit synthetic, and more than a little saccharine, yes, but all within the bounds of the prevailing zeitgeist at the time of Ultramarine's release. This is a '90s fragrance, with all the bells and whistles that came with aromatic scents of that decade. My only gripe is that the somewhat chemical sea salt infusion is a little too loud. If you know that you're getting a refreshingly sweet floral aquatic for men, you're not going to be disappointed. If you're expecting something that smells "sporty" or metallic, look elsewhere. This is a big, bawdy, blue-dyed French perfume, disguised as a masculine, and that's reason enough for me to like it.

ausamamira
ausamamira

A fruity floral for men, i dont find it aquatic but certainly a pleasant smell that i love ....

it brings me wonderfull memories when i first wore it and got compliments everywhere :) ....

oxm
oxm

Today, I want to talk about Insensé Ultramarine, I could appreciate it a mini version, although it lacks the dispenser sprays still maintains intact its fragrance.Beginning is a boost of energy watermelon, bergamot and wild berries, in the heart softens with flowers, sage and mint, which is opposed to these, the bottom is shady and dense with cardamom, tobacco and lily.
It is not easy to tell this scent, in some ways is similar to Iceberg pour homme (at least 18 years ago), but has a freshness Insensé Ultramarine up: and here the mint does an excellent job, but the freshness would be nothing if the bottom lush not accommodate.
When I dream and I can not pay me a trip to the tropics, I sniff at Ultramarine.
I know it is not the same thing ... but I'm happy.
thanks Givenchy

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I took this back at a time where I was hell bent on only having a certain amount of colognes in my collection at a time. I think that I might get it again but there was something… AVON in the 80’s about it that I don’t know for sure if I like. It was a nice smell but it was really loud and I am not sure if I liked what it was saying. Its truly a toss up as I could buy it again and like it and then buy it and not feel as strongly about it. Who knows.

Good if you like clean and fresh though.

jtappenden
jtappenden

Definitely one of my all-time favourites.A really great masterpiece of adventurous escapism.Nothing but very happy & luxurious memories.Fragrance perfection for men.

guest_90lover
guest_90lover

esse é um de meus xodós . exótico , duradouro e raríssimo nas ruas , este givenchy autêntico é um furacão de criatividade no terreno dos frescos ou aquáticos . ele não"explode",nem "gela".
surge denso , resinoso ,misterioso....
seu fim , quase que palpável de tão presente , encerra este perfume com doçura . para os ecléticos e corajosos .

lovescully

Insense Ultramarine is an exquisite fruity floral fragrance. I can sense a touch of the original Givenchy Insense here, mainly from the floral heart, but this one is eminently more wearable and much less feminine.

Its opening is like a fresh fruit salad with watermelon & blackcurrant being the standouts for me. The middle & base notes are very floral, but the presence of the tobacco & spice notes keeps this one quite masculine and a bit dry. When it’s in drydown mode it seems to get a woody musty sort of smell which reminds me slightly of soil after it rains.

I have to admit that having worn the original Insense a bit uncomfortably and reading comments here and elsewhere on-line about Ultramarine's femininity had made me a bit hesitant to purchase this. In the end I needn’t have worried. Insense Ultramarine is destined to be one of my favourite new fragrances.

lovescully

This review is actually for Insense Ultramarine Ocean Cup - Limited Edition; however as Fragrantica doesn't list it I have placed my review here (sorry).

According to what I could find on-line, Ocean Cup is composed of pear, lychee, watermelon, mint leaf, Marine Aquatic Accord, Bechipa, Pachuri, and Sedauddo. Although they are not listed anywhere I could find, I swear that I could detect a strong scent of both coconut and eucalyptus in this. Maybe that’s why the drydown reminded me so much of Aramis Bermuda Tonic.

When first applied it does have a really fruity opening, but that is where I think the similarities with the original end. This edition misses the floral heart that makes Insense Ultramarine stand out. Instead I mainly get the coconut and eucalyptus.

I really do like this fragrance but I don’t really get a lot of connection to the original Insense Ultramarine. Not that it matters as this is still a very pleasant sweet summer fragrance for men.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Ooo one of my favorite, wore it very often and lasting was impresive to but now stopped fr a while cus i was getting bored !
But will buy this again in summers, honestly speaking it gives better results in winters to, cus the dry down in summers is not much appealing !!!!
GOOD ONE !!! WORTH BUYING !!!!!

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

This is really a good perfume , light & adorable one with very good longevity about 8 hours on my skin. I bought it yesterday and really enjoying the scent.
Recommended for daily usage.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

Althought I prefer the original Insense, this is a nice frangrance to wear by day and hot summers. The longevity is fenomenal.

behzad1280
behzad1280

As a perfume for summer, it’s Ok!

A light and adorable scent that makes you feel relax and comfort.
Despite most of summer perfumes, it has acceptable sillage and longevity.

It is absolutely casual for young men.

I like it ☺

بعنوان یه ادکلن تابستونه خیلی خوبه
بوی خنک و ناز و دوست داشتنی ای داره که به آدم حس آبتنی و استخر رو باز میده
دوام و پخش بوی متوسطی هم داره
به درد تیپ اسپرت و معمولی میخوره

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

I'm very happy cause I just ordered this Givenchy classic perfume. My father had this perfume 10 years before, and I smell it today at Shephora. It reminds me so many things 10 years before...Moreover it is a bolt, sexy, masculine perfume, and you can wear it during the summer or during the winter!!!! Absolutely fantastic!

alice arg
alice arg

"Insense Ultramarine de Givenchy es una fragancia con sabor a fruta y aroma para los hombres. Insense Ultramarine fue lanzado en 1995. Las notas superiores son grosellero negro, gálbano, bergamota y la sandía; notas medias son magnolia, clavel, lirio, menta, salvia, lirio de los valles, el tabaco y el cardamomo;"

vdxl
vdxl

An oceanic fragrance with a lot of depth. From the top notes you know this fragrance is designed in France: it has a certain "je ne sais quoi" that I like very much. It is not very salty, but it is mineral indeed. The mineral accord is done through flowers and wet wood, which is very nice.

jonovon
jonovon

The Givenchy classics have never ever disappointed me. And yes, Insensé Ultramarine is a classic. And like the other Givenchy classics, it's brave in its originality, pushing boundaries away.

Insensé Ultramarine is floral (a rarity: a floral for men) and slightly fresh. The blend of flowers, leaves, spices and wood creates an interesting salty/sweaty effect, from which the word "Ultramarine" was probably borrowed.

It's masculine at the right point, as Cassiano wrote. Not overly masculine.

Okay, but is it too feminine? Nope! (though I can picture some women wearing it). I'd say it's delicate, and rare are the guys who would wear such a delicate perfume. As I wrote up above, it pushes boundaries, and that makes it both insane and brave. And very original.

Now, try it before you buy. I'll give you 2 reasons for that:
1. some guys will feel weird or unconfident wearing this. Well, isn't it easier to be confident and sane on known ground?
2. it's quite a complex scent, so skin matters.

On my skin: different from other aquatics, it lasts! But unlike the usual longlasting scents, it's not overpowering (I'm talking about 1 or 2 sprays only). And yet very subtle, the sillage is noticeable, elegant and comforting.

Abbas
Abbas

A fresh and cool purfume for young men to wear in summers.

feyza
feyza

I think this is a unisex parfume,women can easily wear this.very suitable for summer absolutely...It smells like a trip nearby sea+wind .

Insense Ultramarine by Givenchy 3.97 out of 5 based on 326 ratings and 52 user reviews

Eau De Toilette 1oz
Eau De Toilette
Givenchy Insense Ultramarine Eau de Toilette Spray, 3.3 fl oz
Givenchy Insense Ultramarine Eau de Toilette Spray, 3.3 fl oz
Gift Set 1oz
Givenchy Insense Ultramarine Spirit Of The Ocean Coffret Pacific Ethnic Atlantic Surf Indian Nature 3x30ml 1oz
Givenchy Insense Ultramarine Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Givenchy Insense Ultramarine Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Insense Ultramarine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Insense Ultramarine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Insense Ultramarine by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Insense Ultramarine by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.