Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

L'Interdit 2 Givenchy for women

L'Interdit 2 Givenchy for women
dislike

yellow floral

L'Interdit 2 was launched in 1993 as a new interpretation of the classic fragrance L'Interdit from 1957. The fragrance contains notes of strawberry, Bulgarian rose, violet, jasmine, orange blossom, sunflower, ylang-ylang, freesia, musk, sandalwood and incense. It is available as Eau de Toilette.

Big Strawberry

L'Interdit 2 Fragrance Reviews

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Hey Venus Oh Venus....

An older friend of mine from Atlanta kept this in her wardrobe for a number of years but had only used it once. It was still in good condition and she presented it to me as an early Xmas gift.

Thank you LeeLee!

So I proudly wore this fragrance to a fundraiser gala in my hometown of Charleston this week. I'm home in the bosom of my family for Thanksgiving and I'm so in love with this cute & very pretty feminine perfume.

L'Interdit II is a beautiful old school fragrance, reminiscent of 1950's beauty & hair salons. It smells like make up, powder, lipstick & nail polish.

This is meant to be worn immediately after you have come home from the beauty salon and your hair has been styled and you're smelling good head to toe, you put on make-up and lipstick and a cute dress. It's almost an old time PROM DRESS PERFUME.

This is actually a reformulation of the original 1957 fragrance created for Hollywood actress & beauty Audrey Hepburn. If she smelled like this in the 50's she must have been even more beautiful than we can imagine in person.

This is instantly comparable to such "pin-up perfume" as Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose & Chanel Misia. This is powdery powdery powdery, a 1950's boudoir fragrance. She smells YOUNG not old lady ish because it seems to want to take me back to a time when young girls in the 50's were finally growing up and wearing perfume & doing their hair and make up for the first time.

It must have been a perfume for debutantes, beauty queens and fashion models of the 50's between the years of 17 and 21. She smells very light-hearted; sweet, soft and girly. Nothing about this fragrance is mature despite it's vintage roots.

Sweet, powdery, a mélange of strawberries, roses and violets, ylang, and benzoin. Fragrantica has listed incense as a note but it's not there. It's benzoin. The violet note is the dominant note and if you like violet, this is a gorgeous very well made violet. It might also have iris root or iris. It becomes so powdery, even after the initial nail polish scent straight out of the bottle.

This is absolutely gorgeous and even innocent. It moves me so much. I'm a big fan of the 1950's and though it was long before my time (I'm an 80's baby) I wish I could been there. This was a time when men were men and ladies were ladies.

O the places this perfume takes me!

A 1950's high school Prom

A 1950's beauty & hair salon

A young girl's boudoir dresser table

Backstage at a beauty pageant

I was a beauty pageant contestant in South Carolina in the 90's and I wish I could have worn this perfume back then! The 50's is written all over it. I would say that it does a fine job of recreating the original.

Songs that match up with this perfume

Neil Sedaka Calendar Girl

Bobby Vinton Blue Velvet

Love this perfume!!!!!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

I placed my order on ebay for L'interdit the original perfume. I'm pretty sure I got this one instead, the 2nd reformulation launched around 1993. They are tricky those ebay bastards. The L'interdit 2 title is not on the bottle. It's a very tiny bottle too although it did not advertise as a mini. There is no way this compares to however the original smells like. I was expecting a beautiful combination of rose and strawberry. This smells like red nail polish. It's not unpleasant although the opening aldehydes are strong. I inhaled the fume long and hard and was able to finally get the rose. There is a bright, synthetic rose. It's a very happy fragrance. It brought to mind the image of a young teenage-like girl in the prime of her life without a care in the world. She is Audrey Hepburn, for this fragrance was created for her. She is putting on nail polish and has on a tight fitting top and bell shaped skirt. It's the 50's and she is going out of the house for an encounter with friends or boyfriend in the soda fountain smelling like a rose. This is not a sexy fragrance and it feels young enough to be virginal. It's innocent. Sweet. Very sweet. That's probably the strawberry juice. But on me all the other notes are missing. All I get is the rose and the strawberry. And the nail polish.

nakedcity
nakedcity

The first 30 minutes smell like the fruit/veggie section at a not so high end grocery store, and the strawberries are on sale!! If you manage to hold your breath and push your shopping cart past it, you'll be rewarded with a rose/violet combo that, while it's been done to death, it's infinitely better than those damn strawberries. Ends with a whimper. Meh.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy L'Interdit 2 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Givenchy L'Interdit 2, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Interdit 2 by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Interdit 2 by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.