Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

L`Interdit 2003 Givenchy for women

L`Interdit 2003 Givenchy for women
dislike

ozonic
L`Interdit 2003 Givenchy for women Pictures L`Interdit 2003 Givenchy for women Pictures L`Interdit 2003 Givenchy for women Pictures L`Interdit 2003 Givenchy for women Pictures

Hubert de Givenchy, designed L’Interdit (or Forbidden) specifically for actress, his friend and muse Audrey Hepburn. ‘Mais, je vous l’interdis…’ (“But I forbid it!”), was actresses’s answer when Hubert de Givenchy expressed his will to make this perfume available widely. That’s how this perfume got its name. It was created in 1957 , reformulated and re-launched in 2003.

Top notes are rose, peach, osmanthus, peony and violet leaves. At its heart, the notes of orange blossom, roses, peach, plum, tuberouse, and heliotrope blend in perfect harmony. The fragrance evolves towards a trail of sandalwood, amber, iris, patchouli, moss, musk and cedar.

Peony Honeysuckle Osmanthus Peach Violet Leaf Bulgarian Rose

Tuberose Orange Blossom Plum Peach Heliotrope Rose

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Cedar

Lyra 2

L`Interdit 2003 Fragrance Reviews

JaiTee
JaiTee

On me, this is a floral that feels subdued, contemplative. I really like the powdery-ambery -musky drydown. It is a fitting companion for rainy days, and I went through a grey period where this perfume was the only thing that I wanted to wear, so much so, that I went through two bottles of L'interdit.

I had the body veil lotion but tossed it -- it turned pretty quickly.

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Reminds me of Chanel #5. Not an especially good thing but not awful.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I like the rose, honeysuckle, and blackcurrant, but it's too heavy on the patchouli for me. Gave me a headache, and was faded out by lunchtime. I think I'm going to have to look for the original.

joliek72
joliek72

I too do not have the original to compare. However, I would like to say that at first spray, it smells like bug spray. After about 5 minutes it starts smelling like violets, and after about 15 minutes it smells like violets with just a hint of powdery smell. Never dreamed it would dry down to such a gorgeous scent. I guess people either LOVE or HATE this scent!

jena6867
jena6867

I agree with Yumm and several others here, glad i am not the only one to have noticed, the old version was lovely, this new one certainly doesnt come anywhere near it, I too dislike this new version very much and feel so "ripped off" by paying for it

passionata20
passionata20

09. may 2011

I have tried it today on a tester paper the red box of EDT. This is a really nice scent where i can clearly detect a sweet note of strawberry and peach but also a very very pleasant flower notes on the drydown. Lasts quite long for an EDT and would be really nice for spring summer i think. One day i will buy it.
I have not tried the vintage one, but having nothing to compare with i really like this version. Maybe i would changee my mind after trying the old version, but since i haven´t i love this one, don´t know wither about the version that came after this one.... This is the only version of "L´interdit" i have tried by far.

UPDATE: (20 january 2014) it is very strange that the notes has been changed for this version of "L´interdit" Previously there was a strawberry note listed amongst them and i swear i smelled it very clearly as well. Now i am very much confused. I need to get that last bottle i´ve seen standing in the shop to retest it and see whether my nose was wrong or not. But i swear i smelled a strong artificial strawberry in here.

Jandora
Jandora

Its best parfum!

Yumm
Yumm

Ugh. The old version was beautiful. This one is truly terrible. I gave it away.

deeannek
deeannek

I am shocked by how much I love this perfume. I bought it mostly because (among others) I collect Givenchy perfumes. This has a strong opening-powdery but not so powdery that you feel like choking. I would recommend a light touch because a little does go along way. After a few minutes the powder fades but does not disappear and I get a sweet light note-tuberose I think and plum and finally sandlewood and musk. I know this perfume is mostly disliked but it smells amazing to me. I never thought I would find a Givenchy fragrance that I would like better than Organza but I did.

Carla
Carla

Givenchy, with it's stellar image failed to replicate the original version of this once beautiful scent. I wore this in the 70's and the memory of the fragrance lingers on. It was said that Audrey Hepburn wore this while filming Breakfast at Tiffany's and so it's popularity rose. I was highly disappointed to find that the reformulated version had an unpleasant mix of what smells like faux flowers, a distant cry from the original scent. My search is on for a vintage bottle of this haute couture fragrance of the past.

eskarina62
eskarina62

had the old version - the one before 2003 and feel disappointed the new version spoils a legend:-)

won't buy it again!!!

mimithezmija
mimithezmija

new version is bad...cheap smelling note...but,first version is beautiful..and i like it very very much...

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

It was the new version I tried. It started out nice enough, spicey with some incense, but quickly turned to a rancid cheap smelling floral. It disappears fast with my chemistry too. From what I've read, the newer version is nothing like the original.

L`Interdit 2003 by Givenchy 3.49 out of 5 based on 79 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy L`Interdit 2003 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy L`Interdit 2003, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Interdit 2003 by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Interdit 2003 by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.