Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy Givenchy for women

Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy Givenchy for women
dislike

Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy by Givenchy is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy was launched in 2007. Top notes are grapefruit and bergamot; middle notes are honeysuckle and jasmine; base notes are cedar and musk.

Grapefruit Bergamot

Honeysuckle Jasmine

Cedar Musk

Eau de Givenchy

Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy Fragrance Reviews

glitterlust
glitterlust

This compares favourably to the original. It opens fresher (probably because it is fresh and hasn't sat around as long as my bottle of the original).

The heart remains true in it's slightly dirty floral honeysuckle/jasmine but here it is less dirty. The base too is cleaner without as much oakmoss. Overall it's a great summer scent, lighter and crisper than before but still a good reference point.

Starts with mouthwatering and bitter’ish grapefruit/citrus notes. Sweet and tender florals unfold, then a light musk and very restrained cedar emerge as the scent warms on skin. Eau de Givenchy is crisp at the start though it becomes quite delicate, which I appreciate, as I mostly dislike bracing scents. It seems to sweeten a bit with time on my skin, but it stays light and refreshing all the way through. Of course, there is no oakmoss nor any animalic notes, so if you are looking for your original Eau de Givenchy (which I didn't know), you may be disappointed here. However, taken on its own merits, I think this version is a truly lovely summery scent. The drydown is more feminine than I would have expected from the start. Visually, I feel myself in an airy, summer morning sun lit room overlooking a green lawn with the ocean sparkling just beyond, pale colors of light moving about the room, and just the merest whiff of sharpness on a floral breeze. This is NOT a beachy smelling scent per se, I just get a summery feeling from this, and summer for me = beach.

Mollypops, I hope you were able to locate some!

Molliepops
Molliepops

Does anyone know where I can get this in the UK? I love the original Eau de Givenchy, which sadly is discontinued. I have looked online, but only USA retailers come up, and the customs charge is and extra £21, which makes this incredibly expensive at nearly £82 for 100mls. :-(

flannelman
flannelman

Eau de Givenchy is a fresh, light and uplifting floral fragrance.

Its opening is bright and sunny with bergamot, sharp citrus and grapefruit. There is also an added faint touch a mint. Other fruit notes are supposed to be present but I can't say that I get them.

The heart is a bouquet of flower notes: a very natural lily-of-the-valley is joined by jasmine, honeysuckle and rose. The lightness of this fragrance makes it ideal for warm, sunny Spring days.

Longevity is average, but not bad at all for a light floral. The base is woody (sandalwood and cedar) with light touches of musk and moss which add a bit of depth to the drydown.

The eighties are usually associated with stronger, heavier perfumes. Eau de Givenchy — which was originally released in 1980 — is not in that particular style. Adding it to the Mythiques collection a couple of years ago was a good idea on two accounts: on the one hand there is a classic, elegant feel to it; and on the other hand I think it fits nicely with contemporary tastes. If you knew Eau de Givenchy in the eighties, why not revisit it come this Spring? And if you're part of a younger audience, looking for a light, cheerful floral: give it a try...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Givenchy Eau de Givenchy Givenchy Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rodriguez For Her Lancome Hypnose Givenchy Organza Loewe Quizas, Quizas, Quizas Bvlgari Bvlgari Pour Femme Hermes Caleche Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Extravagance d'Amarige Givenchy Hot Couture Eau de Toilette Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir Guerlain Idylle Guerlain Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Jersey Givenchy Extravagance d'Amarige