Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy Givenchy for women

Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy Givenchy for women
dislike

Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy by Givenchy is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy was launched in 2007. Top notes are grapefruit and bergamot; middle notes are honeysuckle and jasmine; base notes are cedar and musk.

Grapefruit Bergamot

Honeysuckle Jasmine

Cedar Musk

Eau de Givenchy

Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy Fragrance Reviews

Starts with mouthwatering and bitter’ish grapefruit/citrus notes. Sweet and tender florals unfold, then a light musk and very restrained cedar emerge as the scent warms on skin. Eau de Givenchy is crisp at the start though it becomes quite delicate, which I appreciate, as I mostly dislike bracing scents. It seems to sweeten a bit with time on my skin, but it stays light and refreshing all the way through. Of course, there is no oakmoss nor any animalic notes, so if you are looking for your original Eau de Givenchy (which I didn't know), you may be disappointed here. However, taken on its own merits, I think this version is a truly lovely summery scent. The drydown is more feminine than I would have expected from the start. Visually, I feel myself in an airy, summer morning sun lit room overlooking a green lawn with the ocean sparkling just beyond, pale colors of light moving about the room, and just the merest whiff of sharpness on a floral breeze. This is NOT a beachy smelling scent per se, I just get a summery feeling from this, and summer for me = beach.

Mollypops, I hope you were able to locate some!

Molliepops
Molliepops

Does anyone know where I can get this in the UK? I love the original Eau de Givenchy, which sadly is discontinued. I have looked online, but only USA retailers come up, and the customs charge is and extra £21, which makes this incredibly expensive at nearly £82 for 100mls. :-(

flannelman
flannelman

Eau de Givenchy is a fresh, light and uplifting floral fragrance.

Its opening is bright and sunny with bergamot, sharp citrus and grapefruit. There is also an added faint touch a mint. Other fruit notes are supposed to be present but I can't say that I get them.

The heart is a bouquet of flower notes: a very natural lily-of-the-valley is joined by jasmine, honeysuckle and rose. The lightness of this fragrance makes it ideal for warm, sunny Spring days.

Longevity is average, but not bad at all for a light floral. The base is woody (sandalwood and cedar) with light touches of musk and moss which add a bit of depth to the drydown.

The eighties are usually associated with stronger, heavier perfumes. Eau de Givenchy — which was originally released in 1980 — is not in that particular style. Adding it to the Mythiques collection a couple of years ago was a good idea on two accounts: on the one hand there is a classic, elegant feel to it; and on the other hand I think it fits nicely with contemporary tastes. If you knew Eau de Givenchy in the eighties, why not revisit it come this Spring? And if you're part of a younger audience, looking for a light, cheerful floral: give it a try...

Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy by Givenchy 4.24 out of 5 based on 22 ratings and 3 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Parfums Mythiques - Eau de Givenchy by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Hermes Caleche Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rodriguez For Her Chanel Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere Tom Ford White Patchouli Cartier La Panthere Dior Dune Lancome Hypnose Givenchy Eau de Givenchy Givenchy Hot Couture Eau de Toilette Givenchy Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy Chanel Coco Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Guerlain Iris Ganache Hermes Eau des Merveilles Chanel Cristalle Lalique Lalique Donna Karan Donna Karan Gold Hermes 24 Faubourg