Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Les Parfums Mythiques - Givenchy III Givenchy for women

Les Parfums Mythiques - Givenchy III Givenchy for women
dislike

Les Parfums Mythiques - Givenchy III by Givenchy is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Les Parfums Mythiques - Givenchy III was launched in 2007. Top notes are galbanum and hiacynth; middle notes are jasmine and rose; base notes are patchouli and oakmoss.

Galbanum Hiacynth

Bandit

Les Parfums Mythiques - Givenchy III Fragrance Reviews

Pincus
Pincus

I first bought this gorgeous scent in the 70s during a school trip to France, at the age of 11! I remember vividly how it was pouring with rain on the day in question, and a group of us ended up in a little 'pharmacie' to shelter from the downpour. For some reason I was just attracted to the perfumes on display and happened upon Givenchy III. It was love at first sniff and I bought it there and then. It was sophisticated, expensive smelling and almost indescribably lovely and I kept that treasured bottle tucked away for many years.

I am only just embarking on a new journey with Givenchy III (reformulation) after years of trying to find it again. I have been too fearful that it will not live up to my memories of it. However, I have ordered myself a bottle as a special Christmas present to myself, as I just have to satisfy my curiosity. Other people's reviews can only go so far.

Eos
Eos

Light, green floral and soapy. It doesn't smell like a chypre, nor does it smell like the original version. That being said, it is undeniably pretty. A good choice for an unobtrusive office scent as its pleasant and ladylike.

Rosalie Stanley
Rosalie Stanley

I agree with Amelie and Mymlan. This version is "nice" but the original Givenchy III had the chypre bite. I've moved on to Pierre Balmain de Balmain. Heaven in Chypres.

Henriette
Henriette

Chypre and green scents are my all-time very favourites. I distinctly recall I never used Givenchy III when it was in its original formula. Do not ask me why, I think it was a simple overlooking it, no particular reason.
I am loving and using this Givenchy III now, in my early '50es and I adore it. Even this reformulation is wonderful. Maybe my memories, not being linked to the original, are not spoiled by the nostalgia (feeling that I have when I think of what Mitsouko, Arpege, Cabochard, Opium, Magie Noire and many others used to be) or maybe the reformulation was made with a grain of salt.
This version is truly enjoyable, it is classy, long lasting and complex. Problem with the reformulations is often losing the complexity of the layers. Not here. The green opening is strong but not a punch in your stomach, almost an early spring breeze, followed by flower blossoming as if you were entering a forest after rainy days. And the deeper you enter the forest, the more you feel the scent of earth, woods and muscs.
Wonderful, a truly wonderful experience.
When a scent takes you in a place and makes you travel with your senses, then you are wearing a great scent and in this case you are!

ailishlu
ailishlu

So I finally bought my long lost favourite from the mid 80s. I has been contemplating this for such a long time having had some wonderful memories of this and a memorable holiday in Corfu. I had to have it again. When the SA sprayed it on me, there it was, that familiar blast of Galbanum and hyacinth. Quite amazing and quite unique for the time. It still smells great but sadly disappears within an hour, with just a hint of the drydown staying close to the skin. A beautiful drydown I must say, of patchouli and oakmoss. The oakmoss being less present than in the original. I really don`t get too much of the middle notes, but perhaps it is so fleeting that I didn`t quite catch them. I can´t say I´m totally disapointed, because it still smells wonderful to my nose, just less strong. Unfortunately I think this is what is happening to all reformulations. I certainly don`t regret my buy and I`m happy for the good memories, however fleeting.

Sibling to Miss Dior for sure!

pooey
pooey

dark faery's bed of moss deep in the primeval forest

MizLiz
MizLiz

It's good to know that proper chypres can still be made under the current fragrance ingredient regulations. Givenchy III is one. This is how Miss Dior (now reformulated, alas) smelled to me when I fell in love with it nearly ten years ago, sending me over the edge into perfume connoisseurship. The intense opening that settles into a green floral heart and a mossy base: It's all there. A perfume for a confident, put-together lady.

mediterranean
mediterranean

They do not make perfumes like this any more.Wearing it is like being in an Agatha Christie´s novel. I can see for example Lotti,the character of "A murder is announced" using it. A sharp, intelligent woman who impersonates her sister to inherit her money. Strong and heartless.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

I'm so addict to this scent !!!
So chic.

troischat
troischat

I have only just realised that this perfume is different from the original which I have used and loved for years. I agree with the others that the original was punchier than this one. I don't know why they changed it - possibly for marketing reasons, I always thought the original bottle was ugly. But why they changed the original formula goodness knows! I don't know if it is my favourite anymore. I have started wearing Balmain de Balmain....

mymlan
mymlan

Mythiques Givenchy III is a very well performed reformulation of the original. It's clearer, a bit more citrusy and perhaps a little more feminine than the original. The original is a bit darker and more bitter in the basenotes and I find the initial blast more powerful. Still Mythiques is a very beautiful fragrance. After the initial crisp galbanium/hyacint zing you can almost see the soft petals from the jasmine and rose surround you. It perfectly follow the three stages from top to base. The drydown is very elegant from oakmoss and patchouli. I'm amazed! They don't do perfumes like this anymore and still they've succeded again.

Update: After some time I started to like the reformulation more than the original. Especially for warm spring and summer days I found it cooling and relaxing. It's quite close to Fidji, not as flowery but they have similarites.

Dixie
Dixie

This scent just comes alive on my skin! The opening is almost aldehydic (but isn't). It is just bright and fresh yet is grounded beautifully by the oak moss and patchouli. This is a feminine, yet womanly scent.

amelie
amelie

Givenchy III was one of my favorite and I had to get this legendary fragrance, although the composition was somewhat different from the original Givenchy III. And I'am still searching for scented note close to this wonderful creation. It's classy, so elegant! Femininity captured in a bottle.
The original Givenchy III was noticeable, stronger, but still you can feel its powerful fragrant touch. Sophisticated and impressive, incredibly nice on the skin after several hours, this is the kind of floral-chypre I like, simply a good French perfume.
It's a true representative of chypre group, followed by Miss Dior, Diorella, so happy to wear them.

Les Parfums Mythiques - Givenchy III by Givenchy 4.16 out of 5 based on 46 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Givenchy III fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Givenchy III, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Parfums Mythiques - Givenchy III by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Parfums Mythiques - Givenchy III by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.