Designers » F-H » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit Givenchy for women

Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit Givenchy for women
dislike

aldehydic

Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit by Givenchy is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit was launched in 2007. Top notes are aldehydes, rose, peach, osmanthus, peony and violet leaf; middle notes are rose, orange blossom, tuberose, plum and heliotrope; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, oakmoss, patchouli and cedar.

Aldehydes Rose Peach Osmanthus Peony Violet Leaf

Rose Orange Blossom Tuberose Plum Heliotrope

Sandalwood Amber Musk Oakmoss Patchouli Cedar

Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit Fragrance Reviews

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

What a lovely, sophisticated and delicate scent. Much closer to the original than the unfortunate version of l'interdit that came out in 2003, this opens with soft, warm aldehydes. I also get a whiff of spiciness, underlying the powdery floral notes. The development is fairly linear, but eventually the warmth of the woody notes comes forward. Florals are not my usual favourites, but somehow this scent has captured me. (5)

neckar
neckar

Este perfume lo he gastado a lo largo de varios años con intermitencias.La duración en mi piel se diferencia bastante del original ya que me duraba todo el día y ahora como mucho 3 o 4 horas.
Creado en 1957, L'Interdit fue ideado por Hubert de Givenchy como regalo para la actriz Audrey Hepburn. Cuando ya había regalado varios frascos a la actriz, el modisto le expresó su intención de comercializarlo: 'Mais je vou l’interdis!' ('¡Se lo prohíbo'), exclamó.

scenteena
scenteena

Asphaltblume, thanks so much for confirming, what I already suspected-that a lot of these reformulations for whatever reasons-ARE NOT remaining true to the original recipies. For all those seeking the original version, you're doing them a favor by letting them know that save for a limited number of vintages, this scent is no more!

tiuku03
tiuku03

After loving the original for years and not finding it any more I turned to this one as a consolation. It is quite near to the original and easy to love. The staying power is very bad. It is a bit more masculine smelling than the original. The powdery drydown seems similar, though I have never had the two at the same time to compare them. This is more woody and musky than the original but it comes a close second. I just wish they had eau de parfum strength. And too bad that even this is only available on ebay at a very expensive price.

boruvka44
boruvka44

I also found it very very similar to No. 5 Eau Premiere, plus couple drops of Cuir Beluga by Guerlain (their sweet antique artificial vanilla, that makes all big Guerlains smell so luxurious) with powdery sweet Chanel aldehydes. The drydown reminded me of Bijan Nude, detergent smelling of white chocolate.
It's synthetic scent overall, very musky, powdery sweet, fluffy white fabric conditioner. Musk, aldehydes, heliotrope and sandalwood with cedar.
Lasting power is not good on my skin, about the same as Eau Premiere, which is like two hours.

Asphaltblume
Asphaltblume

I know the original L'Interdit, it was my mother's perfume. This new "mythique" version is nothing like the old one, to me it smells like a sweet woodruff sherbet with a little drop of L'Interdit mixed into it.
It's not exactly badsmelling, but I wouldn't spend money to smell like that.

mediterranean
mediterranean

I have postponed writing this review because sometimes is so difficult to talk about the things you love and why you cherish them.
I have no idea of how the old version smelt but the new one is lovely.
This is Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina when she came back from Paris in her black suit and red lipstick, being a chic and charming lady with a humble and kind soul,cooking for Humphey Bogart and telling him how to walk in Paris under the rain because it is when the city smells best,waiting in the tennis court to be kissed by his Casanova bother.

Wear it in spring mornings with a white dress and flats and dream of your Prince bringing champagne to the tennis court.

Mals86
Mals86

I just posted my review of this scent on the original L'Interdit page (oops!), but I'll just say here that it is very lovely. The aldehydes have been softened, and the fruit in the top notes sweetens them further. The floral heart is very well blended and classic, and the drydown is rich and elegant.

I find No. 5 too powdery, but this one is just as wonderful as No. 5 Eau Premiere. I'd love to own it.

Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit by Givenchy 4.07 out of 5 based on 50 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Parfums Mythiques - L'Interdit by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.