Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy Givenchy for women

Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy Givenchy for women
dislike

yellow floral

Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy by Givenchy is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy was launched in 2007. Top notes are coriander and lily-of-the-valley; middle notes are jasmine, ylang-ylang and bulgarian rose; base notes are sandalwood, vetiver and incense.

Coriander Lily-of-the-Valley

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Bulgarian Rose

Sandalwood Vetiver Incense

Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy Fragrance Reviews

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Soft soapy green lilac on a powdery woody base. A walk in a woodland at springtime: makes me think of bluebells and forget-me-nots. Elegant and discreet. Of another time. More of a skinscent than a real perfume. Almost unisex.

Even if people find it not as good as the original, it still is more elegant than 95% of the releases of the past year.

formernewyorker
formernewyorker

i agree with most of the posts! i purchased this new version and it was close - but no cigar! immediately i was hit with a tinny , metallic smell - as if something had gone bad with the batch. very disappointing.

Nelken
Nelken

I reckon lily of the valley and lilac are tied to spring in almost everybody's unconcious mind. They are so to speak emblems( at least scent wise)of that season.

I see lilac is not mentioned in the pyramid above, but my nose definitely picks it up, and it is listed among the notes of the original Le De.

This fragrance embodies the very emotional and almost euphoric moments when, every year, I suddenly realise winter is over... Imagine you are going back home after another stressful or boring workday, it is getting dark and your head is full of negative thoughts when,suddenly, you catch whiffs of the first blooming lilac tree and it fills you almost instantly with well being and optimism.
Or it happens during a short walk with friends you have just had lunch with. You realise you can hear the birds sing copiously again and you have to take your coat off because it is not cold anymore.

Unfortunately, this reformulated version doesn't have the quality you can expect from Givenchy.The pepper, which plays an important part in recreating the somewhat anarchic energy of spring, has been overdone here.
And if you are averse to indolic notes, beware of Le De ! The jasmine in it is undisputably indolic.

The lasting power is poor to moderate, according to temperatures and skin chemistry of course.
Not need to tell you this is a spring and early summer fragrance.

Militza
Militza

I wore the real Le De, the one with the Vertical title, not this silly remake, and yes, I agree with you.
I wish the great classics were immortalized somehow in re creation, and re issue. They are only immortal in our minds.

MrPerfumeKing
MrPerfumeKing

You know, most of the times the scent doesn't change but our perception does. It's like when you love a food when you are little, but when you grow up you go off it or vice versa. As far as i'm concerned the scent hasn't changed, but seeing as perfume is a very subjective matter and our senses change, it may well be that what you smell is different but the perfume is the same. either way fascinating smells have eminated from this presitious perfume brand.

Teebird
Teebird

To Edam..your review(your first? You did great and should write more--but I understand as I am the same way about feeling unable to express myself properly in writing about perfumes like some here and don't do it much)has made me want to go out and test this one right away!

Aromaticus
Aromaticus

Totalmente de acuerdo con Jimmy.
Yo tambien usé este perfume (soy un hombre) a finales de los años 60, y la reedicion no se le parece en nada.
¡Es una pena!

jimmy
jimmy

Le De Givenchy is my favorite scent of all time. Although I'm a man, I used Le De for many years, beginning in the mid 60s. Recently I smelled the re-launched version of Le De. I was horrified. It's not even close to the original scent. This new version is a travesty of the original. The current owners of Givenchy should hang their heads in shame. I am furious that they had the nerve to even label this mess Le De Givenchy. Is there anyone who agrees with me on this?

Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy by Givenchy 4.33 out of 5 based on 21 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Parfums Mythiques - Le De Givenchy by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.