Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence Givenchy for women

Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence Givenchy for women
dislike

cinnamon

Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence by Givenchy is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women. Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence was launched in 2007. Top notes are cinnamon and tangerine; middle notes are plum and mimosa; base notes are amber and patchouli.

Cinnamon Tangerine

Anne Pliska

Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence Fragrance Reviews

Mcfluffy
Mcfluffy

The new formulation doesn't smell quite as sweet as the original. This one is more powdery and much heavier on the amber. Long lasting with good sillage

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

This smelled amazing..but surprizingly it reminded me of how slightly similar it is to Kenzo Le Elephant with its spiciness but this is way more toned down and much nicer and sweeter so its the perfect balance..it's what i would of loved Kenzo to be..so i prefer it over Kenzo but with one spray Kenzo is wearable where as this is always wearable..very nice fragrance! Oh i did not like the original organza that is out today the white florals are too much but indecense is amazing.
I think unless you have owned this i would buy this retail..so many fakes out there today

NovicePerfumeAdmirer
NovicePerfumeAdmirer

All I smell is sharp, bitter-citrusy, tobacco on my skin. I thought I would enjoy this, as all the notes seemed interesting. I don't smell the cinnamon, but my husband does. He says it smells sweet.

A half-hour in, I'm starting to smell some warm spice, but no strong scent of cinnamon, as others have mentioned. ....Almost two hours in, I still notice a sharpness, but now it combines with cinnamon and a creaminess. OK, but too gourmand for my tastes.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

I never got to smell the original, not that I remember but this is absolutely stunning. It's spicy and delicious. The bottle is a bit plain but the juice inside more than makes up for it. Especially on a chilly day when you feel a cool breeze and you get wafts of this wonderful scent. To me it's Christmas in a bottle! Absolutely love it!

Jest
Jest

I still have my original bottle. After reading the reviews last night, I decided to do a spray test of the original and the new, one spray on each arm. So far, they smell exactly the same. It has been 3 hours. I think the difference some of you are detecting is the result of aged perfume. Also our personal chemistry sometimes changes as we age.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

After testing this reformulation on my skin for some hours I can say definitively that it comes across very differently than the original Organza Indecence. I do not like the reformulation at all. It is missing the balmy, ambery vanillic drydown of the original and the reformulation contains caraway and cumin, which are not listed in the notes, but are definitely there. I smell caraway very strongly and when mixed with the patchouli, it gives a penetrating sharpness to the scent that is not pleasant at all. The caraway/patch mix ovewhelms all the other notes and I eventually could not bear it any longer and layered it liberally with a sweet vanillic scent trying to salvage it. The result wasn't bad, but I think this one is a scrubber compared to the beautiful balmy original.

naht
naht

too much amber IMO, I prefer more cinnamon

Barky
Barky

I've not smelled the original OI, so I can't compare the two. In fact, I will probably actively choose NOT to smell the original, as I see little point in falling in love with something relatively obscure and expensive. From an "Ignorance is bliss" standpoint, this version is lovely. It is predominantly a lightly-spiced, vanillic amber scent. I'd say it has a cream soda quality, thickly sweet, dry, but with a brightness to it as well. It is tenacious without being overpowering, going on 14+ hours on my skin with a single spray. Though not a dupe by any means, I would say this could fill the same role in a fragrance wardrobe as Dior's Dolce Vita. Eminently likable, well suited to cooler months.

Pari88
Pari88

This version smells exactly the same as the original with a minor difference; it is not as balmy. Unless you test them side by side there is no telling the difference. It is slightly less deep, but I figure that is only because the original Indecence bottle I have is probably seriously AGED, just as all the others sold on ebay or found in dinky old perfume shops. Get this one ladies and gents! Start buying now before this goes out of production as well!
FYI: The notes listed above are totally wrong, it has the same exact notes as the original, except maybe the quality of ingredients is not the best as it was back in the 90's. Oh, and this does not smell like Mariage, which I also own, and believe that Mariage is absolutely lovely, but it smells similar (and better) to L de Lolita, not this.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

I so wanted to like this one, but it just turned dusty on me as if I wiped my arm across an old forgotten shelf. Maybe my nose isn't mature enough for it yet... It's weird, sometimes patchouli turns into a nice vanilla scent on me like in Burberry London. And then sometimes, in this case, it's much more pronounced like the first spray of Muegler's Angel. Overbearing, I couldn't get far enough away from my arm. The sales lady at another store must have noticed me suffering because she brought a towlette over to me so I could wipe it off. She agreed with me that it smelled dusty.

gividaletti
gividaletti

I do not know the tardicional but this version I have here.
I can say that is perfection in the form of perfume, found nothing dated and old, quite the contrary. I do not like perfume dated.
This opens with a spicy cinnamon that keeps getting sweeter and creamy in evolution. is a perfume of the Gods. I thought my perfume. just is not very versatile.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Everything that lmktacwa said... but I'd like to add that I think the reason some say the original is "better" & "deeper", is because those original bottles have aged, and the top notes disappear first over time. The aged version is left w/ those base notes, which give it its depth. Therefore, the new version has the citrus notes still sparkling and dancing on top. I like them. They make this a brighter version and less "heavy" to allow for early fall or late spring wear. (though I admit, the cinamon is listed as a top note, and it seems to last forever... which is the main reason I love it so much!)

So, my guess is, if you keep your new bottle around long enough, the top notes will fade, and you will have your "deeper" scent that matches the "original". The listed notes between the two on Fragrantica are different, I'll grant you that. But I agree with lmktacwa in that, I bet you a Canadian penny you can't tell the difference in a blind test.

Enjoy it while its here. I'm noticing it harder to find, and am now wondering if it is no longer made. For that reason, I just splurged and bought my "backup" bottle. I can't imagine my life without this delicious scent on my dresser. It is surprisingly unique among the masses of scents out there in this world. Cheers!

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

You have to be very careful when wearing this fragrance. I made the mistake of wearing this in the summer and it amplified to the point that I felt literally sick from its sweetness. I haven't worn it since that bad experience and I made myself sick again when wearing this when I already had a headache. Please follow my advice and don't ever do what I just did. I was considering of giving it away but I decided to give it one more shot and here it is:

I have never had the chance to smell the original Indecence so I can't make an accurate comparison between the two. Also, there is no similarity whatsoever to the original EDP Organza.

However, I don't see how people can complain of this version's poor sillage and longevity because on me, as mentionned, even if I use one spray this amplifies BIG TIME on me (even in cold weather). This fragrance that is very heavy on the cinnamon and plum so I guess you can categorize this as a linear scent. It's been more than 5 hours and there is this creamy vanillic drydown on my wrist; it is delicious!

Sure you definitely smell like food for a couple of hours but waiting for that drydown makes the wait worth it. Thank God that I didn't give this away. The scent is so comforting, cozy and absolutely perfect for that cold winter night when a storm is brewing outside (like right now XD). While I normally disregard rules about "seasonal" perfumes, this can only be worn during colder weather.

Even though this is a rerelease, it is quite difficult to find and I wouldn't be surprised if it is already discontinued since this is not a mainstream fragrance even though you would think the opposite because of the cinnanon. While Hot Couture is the best Givenchy release of all-time and Paco Rabbane's Lady Million is my signature scent, my overall thoughts about this perfume is that it is "special".

Orchidee Nocturne
Orchidee Nocturne

This one and the original Organza Indecence are NOT the same. BUT, this one is also a good fragrance, just not the same formula as the original. So beware, don't buy this thinking it'll be just like the amazingly beautiful, and timeless Organza Indecence.

lmktacwa
lmktacwa

Thank you to my new dear friend BP who sent me this wonderful bottle in a swap.

Okay. This is almost identical to the original. SO close that I can't tell them apart. For those of you who say this has nothing to do with the original, you must have gotten a bad bottle. This new version is a tad more floral to me, but I can only detect that floral note when I do a wrist compare of the two. If I just spray on this new stuff, the floral aspect is lost on me. The citrus is there immediately on the open in this new version, but it is so subtle as to be immediately annihilated by the creamy-amber-cinnamon.

This is as good as the original. ESPECIALLY since the original is going for ridiculous prices. If you own this and you've never smelled the original, you are not missing anything, trust me. Cuz everything wonderful and magical about the original is here! I'm embarrassed, almost, that I spent so much on a vintage bottle when for almost half the price I could have the same thing in a bottle that is sitting at Macy's today.

I think those who are saying this is nothing like the original are just making that up in their minds. I bet you a dollar you can't tell the difference in a blind test. ;) Just sayin'. If I had to streeeeetch and find anything deficient with this one compared to the vintage, I'd say MAYbe it doesn't have the depth of the original... but man... that's like comparing the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific. In the end, they are both just deep oceans.

This is a 10 out of 10. This has the perfect sillage, and the longevity is days and days and days.... well worth the 95 bucks for a huge bottle. My new favorite.

Uca
Uca

This new version has very little to do with the original Organza Indecence. It makes me wish that there were regulations regarding this sort of thing. How can you call a perfume the same thing if the juice is different. In this case it's very different. The original Organza Indecence has an amazing sillage and lasting power. The fragrance has depth and warmth and is well-composed. This new version is weak and has not depth. It's very, very sad and I feel cheated by Givenchy.

amoregal
amoregal

I was also a big lover of the original Organza Indecence. Luckily, before it got discontinued, the clerk at the store where I usually purchased it told me they were running low, so I bought the last three large bottles and hoarded them the last few years. Well, I am down to a little 2 oz. edp spray and saving it for a special occasion. I did buy the new version, and it's not bad, but just not the same, and expensive to boot. Why, oh why do they try to reformulate a good thing. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

gmhmilenio
gmhmilenio

I have tried both the original and this reformulated version. I have to concur with those who claim that this one is only a shadow of the real Indecence. It smells great (how could it possibly not?) but the projection, the potency, the sillage, and staying power, there's just something that is just not the same. Still, I missed having this perfume so much, and after trying unsuccessfully here and there to get a last bottle of the original (even a tiny one!), I JUST had to go and spend $95 for this version. Ouch. But I dont regret it. I love Indecence THAT much. And on the bright side, this bottle (talk about a boring design) is big enough to sustain 3 or 4 sprays daily. It's a gorgeous, elegant, sexy, delicious, soft, and comforting scent. I usually give it a rest during hot summer days, but it's an absolute must for me during the fall and winter seasons, at any hour. My favorite.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Givenchy Organza Indecence is oriental, unique, and ultra-feminine. Soft spicy cinnamon, warm amber, sweet plum, fresh tangerine, a hint of patchouli, and a touch of mimosa. This fragrance is stunning and sensual, perfect for those cold winter months and hot dates! Love it!

cleo777
cleo777

I must have missed out on the original, I remember seeing it in the 80's but back then I couldn't afford it =( . I really like the "new" one, I wear it in the winter also, so warm and a little spicy, a little naughty--very sweet and comforting. Very pretty vanilla!!! I like that it smells expensive, that's always a plus!

paradisolucky
paradisolucky

I am so disappointed and sad. They reformulated my most favorite perfume in their line. I have almost all of them. A few I didn't care enough for to even buy but I even bought most of the limited editions which were insane because a)they smelled fantastic b) they wouldn't be made anymore which makes you nearly horde it when you can find it.

All of the reformulations are just cheap versions of the originals and a sad attempt at winning back customers. If I want a knockoff I will buy from the perfume guy in the parking lot, not an upscale department store.

P.S. If you ever want to see a grown woman cry, hand her one of these.. I know I did.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

I'm just so disapointed in this, I had such high hopes. I wanted to love this, and I love all the notes, I adore cinnamon but this is just so flat compared to the original. Too much cinnamon, and yes I also get the old feel. Which I love many to most vitnage perfumes and don't find them to be ''old'' but this, The original I don't find old.... this is just something very different

luz
luz

Unfortunately I never had a chance to try the original version but I had great expection about it. Probably the new version is nothing like the original one. It did not cause me anything. It reminded me of Meharres by l'erbolario but i prefer the italian one. What a bad surprise. And the seller said it hasn't changed. I don't believe and will keep on looking for that old beautiful bottle.

oona noir
oona noir

SO. DELICIOUS.

I tried this one over at Ulta, they had the reissue in the bottle pictured above and they also had a bottle with the figure etched into a square bottle (which is the one I tried). So they had testers of both of the reissues, just to be clear.

It was plum HEAVEN. Perhaps a little sweet for my taste, but it was plum, cinnamon and amber blended to perfection. Mysterious and inviting are the words that come to mind. I have never tried the original, but the reissue I tried blows most of the perfumes I have sampled off the map for originality and execution. If you have an Ulta nearby, go sample it.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

i SOOO want this I remember years ago taking a snif in the mall and loving it. Wonder if they still have it at macy's I never see it any more is this exact one still in production?

Bandit
Bandit

I agree on the comparison with Kenzo Jungle. They both share a strong milky/cream accord. Kenzo is more spicy, O.Indecence has tobacco, if you ask me. I personally find them very similiar.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Organza Indecence is absolute heaven - intense, velvety cinnamon and sweet amber on a woody base. The cinnamon has a slightly bitter touch, which makes this fragrance wonderfully deep rather than overly sweet. There aren't any strong floral notes here, but the mimosa does seem to add just enough softness to round everything out beautifully.

This is a must-try for fans of spicy-sweet gourmands, particularly if you love cinnamon. I would think anyone who enjoys Dior Hypnotic Poison or Chanel Allure Sensuelle would probably appreciate this one. Like these two scents, Organza Indecence is sexy but very comforting as well. It projects nicely and lasts forever. Amazing oriental perfume!

I had this one and I liked it. It was a gift to me by my husband. He liked it too. To me it has a bit of the original Organza but not so much. It's not so flowery but heavy on the cinammon and spices note. I liked it much and finished a bottle. I do not know the original Organza Incedence and didn't have any nostalgia, so for me the scent was fine. I wouldn't buy it so soon after though because I'm more the user of small bottles and have to take pauses in scents too.

weegee
weegee

I'm confused. I stopped at (a major chain fragrance retailer) the other day specifically to sniff the reissue and I found it lovely, very heavy on cinnamon, but lovely nonetheless.

The box was the orchid colored one pictured above but the bottle was identical to Organza's evening gown bottle except that there's no "frosting" on the glass - the new one I sniffed had a glossy finish. The SA was, naturally, clueless about anything except the price ($100 USD!!)

I saturated my wrists and the cuffs of my sweater and could smell the gorgeous cinnamon, vanilla and deep, chewy patchouli 10 hours later on my skin and 3 days later it's still on my sweater.

The juice I sampled seemed a cross between Organza and Cavalli's Oro, both of which I have and love, so I'll be taking a pass. For those who're disappointed to read about the new version, I say go sniff it and make up your own mind. As for me, I'll stick with Organza and perhaps layer on some Oro for a near identical effect.

I disagree with those who say this is similar to Kenzo's Jungle Elephant. I have Elephant and the only similarity I detect is in the heaviness of cinnamon and the strength of projection - not a substitute for Elephant.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I don't see the connection with the original so wonderfull "Organza" O_o , it has really nothing to do with it !
And i dislike this one, all i can smell is the spice, and it's not in a cool, wild way , like "Kenzo Jungle l’Éléphant" .
With such a name "Organza Indecence" i would have expected something very sexy , sultry , but it's not :-( .

Lady-Robins
Lady-Robins

I loved this parfum! Was very upset to find it discontinued. It was all I wore for years. Anyway, when I found out it was re-released I got very excited, but am worried it will not be the same. No one carries it where I live so I will have to order it. I know some of you say it is not the same and this is SO sad to me. I have been searching high and low for something I will love as much and I cannot find anything as wonderful as the original Organza Indecence. Should I order it with out smelling it? Any one out there that owned the original and loves the re-release.
Cherryfairy, thanks for your review. Do you own the new bottle or did you spray only once?

~Lady

ReinaT
ReinaT

I think for lovers of Indescence, we love the original bottle best! The fragrance is the main importance, of course, but this new bottle is so masculine and the original bottle with the funky golded head and glass organza dress sculpture is just fabulous! Anyway, Indescence is a wonderful spicy fragrance that I just love! I've never known anyone else to wear it, so I feel special when I wear it and men love it! The spicy warm buttery mystical oriental flavor releases a honey type auroma on my skin, at least thats what my teenager tells me, and she is particular about perfumes. I love Indescence, it's expensive and it's worth it! I have the original version of it, so I don't know how different this one is, but apparently it is pretty different. I love this perfume, it transports me to dreamy world when I wear it. I think it's worth going on ebay and winning a bottle of it, very expensive, but so worth it! I'm down to one bottle, so I need to win another one! And like I always say, pretty much every fragrance that comes out of the house of Givenchy is going to be great. Always the best! This one is classic, warm, spicy, buttery, honey sweet but not floral, I once read that there are no flowers in the ingredience of it, but apparently that is not true! It is perrrrfect as it is! Perfect! Love it! Very mystical, very magical, very warm and yummy!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Tested this on my skin at the store and I must say it went well with my chemistry, but didn't go with my personality. I know a lot of folks say that Shalimar and Emeraude and MOST of the classics are "old fashion & old lady", which I disagree, but that is what came to mind when this finally dried down on me. AND I hate to use or associate those terms with any scent.

egjolaj
egjolaj

After just recently smelling a sample of both the original and new Organza Indecence, I can see why everyone is disappointed. Why would they reformulate such a lovely scent? The original is creamy and warm, perfect combination of sweetness and muskiness. I keep smelling my wrist over and over again..can't get enough of this scent. Lasting power is wonderful. This new formula, on the otherhand, I am overwhelmed by the cinnamon. I feel like a walking cinnabon. Staying power is not good. It is being sold at Ulta Parisian for nearly 100 bucks. NOT worth it!

Natalia78
Natalia78

What have they done to my favourite perfume!?:< Have you smelled the new version yet? It has hardly anything to do with the first original. Such a shame.
It's been reissued in the same flacon that Givenchy is using for the reissues of Le De and Givenchy III. So, gone is the beautiful flowing evening gown bottle.

cherryfairy
cherryfairy

Everyone who knows me also knows that I have a lifelong relationship with Givenchy's Organza Indecence.Sadly,like many wonderful perfumes,it has been discontinued.
So imagine my joy when I discovered the collection of "les parfums mythiques" which also contained my beloved Indecence.
This perfume,sadly,has nothing to do with the original perfume.
Sure,there is a hint of cinnamon, a dash of vanilla,a dose of amber,but it has nothing to do with the lush original.The staying power is also disappointing.
If anyone from the house of givenchy happens to be reading, it is better to reissue this perfume than trying to tamper with classics.And the fans of Organza Indecence,better hunt a bottle in ebay.

Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence by Givenchy 4.27 out of 5 based on 153 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.