Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Les Parfums Mythiques - Xeryus Givenchy for men

Les Parfums Mythiques - Xeryus Givenchy for men
dislike

Les Parfums Mythiques - Xeryus by Givenchy is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Les Parfums Mythiques - Xeryus was launched in 2007. Top notes are clary sage and basil; base notes are exotic woods and amber.

Clary Sage Basil

Exotic Woods Amber

Xeryus

Les Parfums Mythiques - Xeryus Fragrance Reviews

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This one is quite pleasant. However, my only issue with it is that it is very soapy, which is something that I hate in a fragrance. To me, it's a bit dated, though not as dated as something along the lines of Polo by Ralph Lauren.

maio2012
maio2012

Unique. Very masculine, intense. It is still wonderfull to sniff even after more than 12 hours. Another great scent from Givenchy.

UPDATE FROM LAST COMMENTS,

Just the other day I came across the REAL VINTAGE Xeryus when it was first launched sometime mid 80's to very early 90-91 max.
Way back during post secondary, I worked at major retailer and I remember very much the dark bottle. As soon as I seen it in this small fragrance store, I ran home to go on-line to find images on Xeryus and I found another site where Ericirico posted his comments. I do concur with Ericirico the real vintage bottle is the dark 50ml bottle. In a dash I ran out and bought the dark bottle. I have both the 2004 version and now the vintage dark bottle.
I sampled each on my wrists and YES there not the same. There is some similarities however the vintage is much more sophisticated with a rich/powdery sweet complex aroma. I can pick up the various notes; rose, lavender, tonka bean, amber, basil as well either sandalwood and or oakmoss. The 2004 version is also excellent, its more on the herbal/woodsy/spicy and not so powdery/sweet scent. With the exotic woodsy aroma it does have a similar overall scent.

On the vintage..Longevity is excellent well past 10hrs.
Sillage is also excellent..you can smell it more then 3ft away.
Overall opinion, If I hadn't come across the original version I would still be more then happy using the current version.

Now, there's no mistake that the VINTAGE is like finding a treasure trunk...when you open it IT'S FULL AND RICH....100% HANDS DOWN..no mistake about it. If you can find the vintage, I strongly recommend for those who remember this frag and can appreciate and its worth buying it. Its what made Xeryus BIG at the time...

IF GIVENCHY READS THIS....PLEASE BRING BACK THE VINTAGE XERYUS AND KEEP THE FORMULA TRUE AND YOU WILL SEE A LOT OF HAPPY GIVENCHY CLIENTS WHO WILL BE THANKFULL.

Ddhuney
Ddhuney

This is indeed vintage perfumery.

aqua_de_la_vita

A real woodsy/spicy scent with only 4 ingredients that were used. When I first sprayed it on my skin, the aroma of exotic woods with clary sage gives it a very deep base which carries throughout the day. It also has a slightly sweet powdery scent which makes it unique. After 8 hours I could still smell it as if I had just sprayed a 1/2 hour ago. This cologne also has a heavy musky/sweet aroma.
Longevity is excellent and Sillage is also very good. A bit heavy for the summer, but a perfect cologne for the fall/winter. Overall 8.5/10

vonMises
vonMises

Really an excellent, elegant fragrance. Complex, but not too busy. Very cool and "wet" smelling, like a damp forest night, and soothing. Perfect for autumn or winter nights.

I have only tried the vintage formulation. I like it, but I don't find that it has any "wow factor." It's natural smelling and has excellent longevity, along with at least good projection/"sillage." It has some interesting "moves" within the first hour or so, but then you get a slightly sweet woody scent. This is where it's "nice" but nothing I would want to spend money on, especially considering the prices vintage ones are selling for now. However, if you are the type of person who sprays it on and wants to smell something interesting for a little while, but then you want the scent to recede and smell "inoffensive" but not common or "synthetic," this might be for you. I could imagine someone who isn't comfortable wearing "loud" fragrances in certain circumstances but still wants something slightly "old school" buying Xeryus. For the aficionado, however, I just don't think there is enough here for it to compete against the "greats." A simplified (and much cheaper) idea that has some "edge" for a longer period of time can be found in 273 Men by Hayman. However, the ingredient quality in vintage Xeryus is clearly better (though 273 isn't what I would call bad).

iluvu7000
iluvu7000

Its a Sheer Disappointment! i was so happy wen i got this but my happiness lasted as long as this perfume is Zinch! It has ok smell, longevity is poor. I apply on body & clothes in which the sillage remains on body for some hours but cloths are begging for more!
pls try before u buy!!!

guest_narigudo
guest_narigudo

é muito gostoso;mesmo no início , quando tem poder para sufocar a todos num elevador . ao longo das horas sua projeção vai diminuindo a um ponto ideal , em que se apresenta , sem incomodar , tornando-se cada vez mais interessante . gostoso e duradouro , sim. mas....moderno , nem pensar . não chega a ser o famoso "perfume de vovô" ,
mas infelizmente tem um quê de desodorante . já senti esse cheiro , claro , com muito menos sofisticação , mas algo bem próximo , em algum ônibus lotado....mais de duas borrifadas é suicídio.

guest_90lover
guest_90lover

achei pesadíssimo. muito forte e duradouro ( até demais). torna-se rapidamente enjoativo . definitivamente , eu o considero um perfume para senhores . o mote da fragrância até que é interessante .se fosse menos intenso , seria uma ótima opção diária.

This reformulation of the classic Xeryus is truly wonderful. Whereas the original was very layered and complex and composed of a melange of several powerful notes Mythical is more along the lines of a classic twelve note fragrance construction ala Paris parfumeries in the mid to late 1800s...

On initial trial I thought green-spicy-woody...but I tried it on paper first, when I finally wore it on my skin it was almost a different scent. The aromatic greens were the first to appear along with a slight citrus and hint of green cypress. This gave way to gentle dry floral aromas of geranium with hints of rose, jasmine and violets(?) with a kiss of cloves. The drydown is stunning with amber's warmth, sandalwood's clean woodiness and just the right amount of musk. I also detect a hint of bay or cypriol.The overall effect is elegant, masculine and warm...

Sillage: quite good
Longevity: great
Overall: 4.5/5

The original was a bit too much for me, but this one is absolutely divine! It is indeed Mythical...a blend of gentle strength and refined construction, perfectly executed: An uncommon scent for an exceptional man...

lfmars98
lfmars98

Good fragrance. It has a fresh herbal green smell. It does get woodsy in the drydown. Smells somewhat similar to Ralph Lauren Polo Modern Reserve. Last 6-8 hours on my skin in very warm humid weather so it will probable hold up better in fall and spring conditions. Moderate sillage. 8.25/10

when I think of this perfume I can imagine a knight on a black hourse,brave & fearfulness who can fight for me to the extreme.it's really a mythical perfume.so it's not suitable for any man.the one who wears it must dare it.
it's very sharp & spicy.if you're not strong enough you may find it even annoying.but as the time goes it becomes more woody and attracting.
it's the limited edition of Xeryus which is reedited by some other legendary perfumes of this company..personally I found it more mythical and dangerous.yeah,more than 2 sprays are dangerous!

Les Parfums Mythiques - Xeryus by Givenchy 4.17 out of 5 based on 51 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Xeryus fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Xeryus, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Parfums Mythiques - Xeryus by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Parfums Mythiques - Xeryus by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.