Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Oblique Play Givenchy for women and men

Oblique Play Givenchy for women and men
dislike

Oblique Play by Givenchy is a floral fruity fragrance for women and men. Oblique Play was launched in 2000. The noses behind this fragrance are Jean-Claude Delville and Pascal Gaurin. Top notes are gardenia, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are white pepper, rose and praline; base notes are sandalwood and white musk.

Gardenia Bergamot Lemon

White Pepper Rose Praline

Sandalwood White Musk

Oblique Play Fragrance Reviews

Heartswell.
Heartswell.

This was basically my first "real" perfume where my opinion counted! I was probably around 10 or 11 and the funky bottle was impressive as the perfume itself to me: sugary, fruity and delicious. I've had this bottle for over 10 years, stashed away, because I loved it too much. The first refill bottle isn't even finished yet.

Now smelling it in 2015, it's still the same. It's a fruity/citrusy sugarbomb alright, very young and girly, but still lovely and super bright. It borders on bitter orange zest (as a reviewer noted before me), but that bitterness dips away as the brightness of the sugary citrus takes over once more.

All in all, I still enjoy it even now and I kind of wish that I bought another one back then.

guillermostf
guillermostf

xixixipeople I think you smell burnt sugar maybe because is an old liquid. I remember the first time when i tried it, and it was very fresh and fruty! I've an old bottle and smells like burnt orange cake.

xixixipeople
xixixipeople

I smell it like orange zest...orange peel..and burnt sugar..my mom doesnt like the burnt sugar..it sour..buti like it..

Erinka
Erinka

Was my first and favorite perfume (I believe I was 11 or 12 when I bought it). Very sweet and citrus-y from what I remembered. My mother loved it on me, and so did everyone else. I wish it wasn't limited production though. I would love to once again be able to purchase it.

NNN
NNN

Oblique Play and I have a very special relationship -
It was my very first designer perfume.
My dad gave it to me when I was 11, and, since then, I became passioned for pefumes.
If my dad had given me another perfume instead of Oblique Play, maybe I wouldn't love perfumes so much.
Thank you, Givenchy.

passionata20
passionata20

This was also quite sweet, like "Rewind", but in a more subtile way. Very calm nad not screaming sweet for me. But like all the others "oblique" series parfum it didn´t last long sadly on me, so i ran quite quickly out of it.

Cassiano
Cassiano

It hits on the skin in a strange way, resinous, smoky. The sensation I had was of a medicinal and sweet scent. For sure, it comes from the Praline note.

It has the same style of Gaultier² and Fleur du Male, which tends more to the female than the male smell, for a long time. That “medicinal-sweet” phase only gets better after about 1 hour from its application, when it starts to become calm and more appreciable.

I liked a lot, but it is a kind of fragrance that possesses few opportunities of being worn, which makes it another “scent on a corner” among the others inside a collection.
The quality is huge, like in all Givenchy.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is a feminine scent-one of my mother's favorites, she discovered it on a stranger...A delicate combination of citrus and praline with just a hint of musk and gardenia. It's very youthful-but versatile....I can imagine an older woman wearing this scent to feel fresh and innocent....maybe not innocent, but certainly fresh. Not too sweet, not too sour. This is well-named, it's a playful one!
Poor lasting power however, and not meant for me (I don't like wearing praline perfumes 9 times out of 10)

leopoldolsn
leopoldolsn

Play smells like a candy pot, very sweet.

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

Lucky me, i own 3 little bottles of this delicious scent. For me much better than fast forward, wich is more musculine. This scent is sweet and a little sour, very crisp and unique. I can't compare it with another scent. Lovely!!!

more floral/fruity/cypre.

Eros
Eros

Similar to "Oblique Fast Forward" (which is best of this serie). Smells fresh, like fir + caramel. Very unusual. Not aggressive. Not sweet, a bit sharp.
Unfortunatelly, the production is stopped.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Oblique Play fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Givenchy Oblique Play, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oblique Play by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oblique Play by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.